The Princess Bride : Endgame

Only adventured-related threads are found here.
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Locknar »

Inconceivable!
Unknown Jungle
Date: 25 September, 345
Weather: Clear skies
Time: 1:41pm

Alwin, Granas, Mürrischer, Rigel (NPC), Runidia, Tolliver


"Ten Tokes, don't eat that!" Trask shouts aloud as he rises from his seat.

In a flash, the soldier lunges, arm whipping out to slap the grub from the chieftan's grasp. But Double Trouble, a whirlwind of movement, slams into the soldier, catching his arm mid-swing with surprising reflexes.

Double Trouble, our twin cigar chomping koala guard, growls dangerously. Trask rapidly explains, and lo his grasp of this wolfen dialect is perfect, "My danger sense is going off, and someone else is watching what is happening. I think Humperdink planned to betray you. There is a raven outside watching this whole thing."

"What, where?!" the wizard Granas exclaims.
"Vut?" Echoes Mürrischer in disbelief.

Their eyes dart towards the branches, soon spotting the raven. Just as Granas mutters the incantation for a Magic Net spell, a nagging suspicion blooms in his mind. The Ciggie of Peace, he realises, might've blocked his own danger sense. What else could it be dampening?

The net materialises in a flash, whooshing towards a very startled bird. With surprising agility, the raven reacts, diving off the branch just a hair's breadth too late. The netting snags one of its claws, and it flaps furiously, dangling upside down like a trapped galah.

"Inconceivable!" the raven squawks, its voice dripping with indignation.

The trapped raven dangles precariously from the magical net which hangs on a twig no thicker than a one's thumb. It is a good fifteen feet from the window, far too flimsy for anyone to venture out there without flight. Not even a gnome could navigate that spindly branch.

Mürrischer peers at the creature's aura and sees a high level creature and the presence of magic and high P.P.E.



Meanwhile Alwin eyes the roasted grub with suspicion. Armed with his knowledge of poisons he inspects the grub with the meticulousness of a jeweler appraising a diamond. He searches for telltale glints of powders or suspicious fluids clinging to its surface. He scrutinises it for any tiny puncture marks, a potential gateway for a hidden venom. Finally, he brings the grub close to his nose, inhaling deeply. The only scent that greets him is a curious mix of smoky char and something vaguely… sweet?

No. Not a poison that he can discern. And so he holds the grub above his head and drops it into his mouth.

Alwin perhaps expected a bland, earthy flavor. But instead, a burst of unexpected deliciousness explodes on his tongue – a strange mix of sweet and smoky that is oddly compelling. As he begins to chew, a tingling sensation races through his body, a fizzing that starts in his toes and climbs all the way up to his scalp.

The world lurches around him. At first, Alwin thinks the ground is rising to meet him, and the trees about him are towering impossibly high. Then, with a sickening realisation, it becomes clear. He isn't growing taller; he is shrinking! As he looks down at his hands, he sees they are now impossibly delicate and tipped with tiny, glistening claws. They aren't hands anymore, they are… appendages? His skin, once smooth and pale, is hardening into a horrifying shade of puke green, a colour that nature usually reserves for particularly noxious mold. Four more spindly legs, as if in a spider nightmare, erupt from his back. They twitch uncontrollably.

Within moments Alwin, a once-proud elf, finds himself transformed into a particularly plump, six-legged monstrosity, no more than a half inch long.

A Weevil, to be precise.

Our elven hero succeeded in determining it is no poison. He also posted a mighty poison save as a precaution. Alas this effect is magical, and so his JiC d20 roll was used instead.
Insectoid Alwin.png
Insectoid Alwin.png (120.43 KiB) Viewed 882 times


Alwin, now the size of a modest grape, can only let out a pathetic squeak of frustration as he scuttles clumsily across the rough wooden floor.


WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 58/110 P.P.E. | Tongues 4min | Bareleaf Smoke | Metamorphosis: Insect unknown min/hours/days?
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 32/54 I.S.P., 214/245 P.P.E. | Bareleaf Smoke | Tongues 4min
Ivy: 18/22 H.P., 23/23 S.D.C., 27/41 I.S.P. | Armor: Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC)
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 22/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 /61%
JiC: 1d100: [25] = 25 / 1d20: [6] = 6

Conditions: PPE Remaining: 214/245 | ISP Remaining: 32/54 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft | Tongues [40 Min | All Languages 98%] | Mind Block [No Psi Abilities available]

Skye
Skye moves to observe the Raven from a perch but otherwise does nothing else.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [39] = 39 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [42] = 42 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [25] = 25 /88% (Not getting shot at or attacked)


Skills
Lore, Demons and Monsters: 1d100: [52] = 52 /72% [What is this Raven? A Cobbler?]

Post

When Granas' Magic Net captures the Raven by the talon, Granas can't help but smile at the vocal exasperation from the Raven. Ha! Got ya! Granas thinks with a smile in the moment as the words echo around him. 'Ha! Got ya!' Granas shakes his head again. "I'm still not used to that." Granas mutters to himself with a half-smile. His smile evaporates when the Raven squawks in an actual language.
Raven wrote:"Inconceivable!"
"What? It speaks!" Granas exclaims. The wizard currently focused on the Raven and unaware of Alwin's predicament. "You aren't going anywhere." Granas says aloud to the Raven and reaches out his hand, casting Constrain Being [20 PPE] on the temporarily trapped bird before it has a chance to escape. "Stay where you are." Granas connects the simple command to his spell. Granas also takes this moment to refresh his Tongues [12 PPE] spell to prevent it from lapsing.

Looking back to Ten-Tokes. "This Raven speaks, and was apparently spying on us. We should confine it and question it together..." Granas pauses as his eyes rest on where Alwin used to be. "Where is Alwin?" Granas asks, squinting his eyes in confusion at how Alwin could've vanished in the moments it took Granas to net the Raven. Granas looks to Ten-Tokes.

*Granas will recast Constrain Being if the first one doesn't take.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [5] = 5
Locknar wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:39 pmThe trapped raven dangles precariously from the magical net which hangs on a twig no thicker than a one's thumb. It is a good fifteen feet from the window, far too flimsy for anyone to venture out there without flight. Not even a gnome could navigate that spindly branch.

Mürrischer peers at the creature's aura and sees a high level creature and the presence of magic and high P.P.E.
Be lucky I like ravens. He stares at the raven that he now very strongly doubts is properly just a raven. He asks the raven as though he has seen a truth, "Vut magic is dat? And don't lie."
Granas wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:40 pm"What? It speaks!" Granas exclaims. The wizard currently focused on the Raven and unaware of Alwin's predicament. "You aren't going anywhere." Granas says aloud to the Raven and reaches out his hand, casting Constrain Being [20 PPE] on the temporarily trapped bird before it has a chance to escape. "Stay where you are." Granas connects the simple command to his spell. Granas also takes this moment to refresh his Tongues [12 PPE] spell to prevent it from lapsing.
"More fully than a normal raven at least." He gives minor correction to Granas with a glance in his direction but not letting the raven out of sight.

Alwin seemingly disappearing right as he isn't looking at him but after he knows he consumed something he potentially shouldn't have. And what magic bullshit is that Elf up to? "Vut did dat Elf eat?"

He may or may not locate the weevil and identify it as Alwin as he takes a look around for him, sniffing as his head turns for his scent should it suggest he is still in the room. He takes a quick peek out to see if there were more coming or recently overlooked as he does as well.

Recognize scent of others: 1d100: [23] = 23 /32%
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [87] = 87 /55%
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 37% vs 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 and 1d100: [10] = 10

Conditions:

Skills

Magic General Knowledge: 55% vs 1d100: [70] = 70 - Try to figure out what kind of magic was used on him.

Post

Alwin looks up from the floor at everyone around him trying to speak but only hears himself chirp, Great! Just great!

"Great! Just great!" Hearing his voice he is relieved, seems the effects of the cigar are still here. What kind of magic is this?

"seems the effects of the cigar are still here. What kind of magic is this?" The elf looks around to see if anyone can hear the voice of if it too has been reduced in size. Please gods no, please don't step on me! the elf looks around at the koala's and realizes being stepped on isn't eh only danger and his thoughts continue, or eat me! Do these bear things eat bugs? What am I thinking... I just ate a bug, of course they eat bugs. Now I am a bug. they might eat me! I hope I give them indigestion if they do!

"Please gods no, please don't step on me! or eat me! Do these bear things eat bugs? What am I thinking... I just ate a bug, of course they eat bugs. Now I am a bug. They might eat me! I hope I give them indigestion if they do!"

The assassins thoughts run away for a bit, I'm being punished for doing good. Something father would have done to me. I'm a fool. There is no good that comes from doing good. This sucks. Now I'm going to be some bears pre-diner snack.

"I'm being punished for doing good. Something father would have done to me. I'm a fool. There is no good that comes from doing good. This sucks. Now I'm going to be some bears pre-diner snack."

The weevil's head darts back and forth hoping someone will notice it and put it on the table, maybe there is a way to counter the spell... will anyone even care?

"Maybe there is a way to counter the spell... will anyone even care?"
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

[Rolls carried]
Alwin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:26 am"seems the effects of the cigar are still here. What kind of magic is this?" The elf looks around to see if anyone can hear the voice of if it too has been reduced in size. Please gods no, please don't step on me! the elf looks around at the koala's and realizes being stepped on isn't eh only danger and his thoughts continue, or eat me! Do these bear things eat bugs? What am I thinking... I just ate a bug, of course they eat bugs. Now I am a bug. they might eat me! I hope I give them indigestion if they do!
If anything, his keen canine hearing hears the aloud thinking of Alwin, causing an ear and then his head to turn toward the sound of the shrunken voice of the seemingly missing Elf. "I hear his bickering, but nein see him."

"You learn not to put weird fings in yer mouth?"
Alwin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:26 amThe weevil's head darts back and forth hoping someone will notice it and put it on the table, maybe there is a way to counter the spell... will anyone even care?
"Dis kreator is stwange, ja?" He points out the pacing weevil and picks it up with two fingers, staring at the tiny creature. "Are you who I'm looking for?"
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Granas »

Granas wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:40 pm Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 /61%
JiC: 1d100: [25] = 25 / 1d20: [6] = 6

Conditions: PPE Remaining: 214/245 | ISP Remaining: 32/54 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft | Tongues [40 Min | All Languages 98%] | Mind Block [No Psi Abilities available]

Skye
Skye moves to observe the Raven from a perch but otherwise does nothing else.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [39] = 39 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [42] = 42 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [25] = 25 /88% (Not getting shot at or attacked)


Skills
Lore, Demons and Monsters: 1d100: [52] = 52 /72% [What is this Raven? A Cobbler?]
New Skills
Lore, Magic, Recognize Enchantment: 1d100: [65] = 65 /77% [What enhancement is affecting Alwin and can it be cured]

Post
Mürrischer wrote:"I hear his bickering, but nein see him."
When Alwin's inner thoughts become vocalized around them, though without seeing him, Granas looks to everyone. "No one move! Alwin has been bewitched somehow! We have to find him and avoid hurting him. He must still be here if we can hear his thoughts through the Bareleaf." Granas exclaims before he pauses and looks towards Ten Tokes. "And unless you are immune to such effects, I suspect you were the target, Chief, and this Raven was going to attempt to snatch you up." Granas suggests. Granas thinks hard on what sort of enchantment could have done this and if it can be cured.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [89] = 89
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive), Ambidextrous, Resistant to Cold (Soupcon; 1/2 damage from Cold based attacks).
HP: 54/54
S.D.C.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 27/44
P.P.E.: 10/10
Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82; -15% Prowl, Spd reduced by 20%
Tower Shield of the Hex Indestructible


Language: Other: Wolfen 1d100: [87] = 87 /15% (To speak to the Koala Men.)

Trask looks to Double Trouble, and makes the universal sign of concession. The words to apologize seeming to fly straight from the grizzled Trask's mind. When Alwin eats the grub, Trask shakes his head, then does a double take as the Half-Wizard shrinks and transforms into an innocuous Weevil. "And this folks is why you don't taste test possibly poisoned or cursed foods." Trask says as he looks back to the now snared raven. "Cobbler Goblin... I saw one turn into a Raven once, I assume they all can." Trask says. "Let's beat on it till it tells us what we need to know." Trask says with a smirk. Trask will make his way outside to where the bird is snared. "So you want to do the easy way or the hard way?"
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
Tolliver Trask; The Suicide King
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Locknar »

Buggin' Out
Unknown Jungle
Date: 25 September, 345
Weather: Clear skies
Time: 1:44pm

Alwin, Granas, Mürrischer, Rigel (NPC), Runidia, Tolliver


Trask signs for peace as Double Trouble prepares to smite the man, and the koala pauses long enough to realise no harm is intended. Trask tries to add a few words, but words fail him and he instead speaks a smattering of wolfen gibberish. The attention of all is drawn to the raven spy in their midst.

The trapped raven squawks indignantly as it flutters frantically to free its leg from the magical netting. Granas, eyes narrowed, unleashes another spell. With a muttered word of magical energy a tendril snakes out towards the bird. The spell is Constrain Being, a handy little spell for keeping lesser supernatural creatures in check. The raven keeps fluttering, and so Granas casts it again. This second attempt seems much more effective, the raven's frantic struggles suddenly cease, and it goes rigid. A moment later, its head lolls limply, and it still. It seems the feathered fiend has fainted – or perhaps the spell had simply overloaded its tiny, avian brain.
Granas wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:40 pm Looking back to Ten-Tokes. "This Raven speaks, and was apparently spying on us. We should confine it and question it together..."
Ten Tokes' eyes bulge like a startled wombat. He swivels his head, taking in the sight of the netted raven and then Granas' grim expression. A low whistle escape his lips.

"A bloody talking crow? Spying on us?" He scratches his chin thoughtfully. "Humperdinck had some odd animal companions following him into the jungle. Maybe they're like this one?"

To koala chieftan's voice hardens. "Grilling it for information sounds fair dinkum to me."

As the wizard refreshes his Tongues spell our wolfen friend Mürrischer scolds the raven, rightly wondering as to its true nature.
Mürrischer Reisender wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:39 pm He asks the raven as though he has seen a truth, "Vut magic is dat? And don't lie."
Mürrischer's line of questioning is derailed by two things; the fact the raven is unconscious, and a voiced thought coming out of nowhere...
Alwin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:26 am "Great! Just great!"
Everyone's eyes dart towards the source – which seems to be a plump, green beetle perched on the rough stone floor. Alas poor Alwin, a once-proud elven man, is now shrunk to the size of a plump grape and grotesquely transformed. Despite the situation, he realises some benefits; he has wings, and his feet sure seem secure on the flooring. He imagines he can scuttle up a wall and hang from a ceiling without issue. He considers what manner of magic has changed him so, but he draws a blank.

As Alwin ponders his new predicament he doesn't register the giant furry hand reaching down towards him. In a moment Alwin finds himself scooped up by a massive paw. Is it the hungry koala he fears? His multifaceted bug eyes stare up at rows of enormous, gleaming teeth, and he feels a flicker of terror akin to Little Red Riding Hood facing the wolf.

Fortunately he finds himself confronted by the concerned face of Mürrischer.

Meanwhile, Granas, our wizard, recognises it as a form of metamorphosis spell. Such things are temporary as far as he knows, though he's never before seen such an effect administered through eating a presumably enchanted bug. Everyone eyeballs Alwin in his new form, sitting the the palm of Mürrischer's hand.

Rigel raises an eyebrow, trying to stifle a smirk. "Well, well, well. Looks like someone traded his pointy ears for some fancy antennae. What kind of bug are you? Are you a cockroach?" His voice holds a hint of amusement, and he strains to see what manner of insect Mürrischer holds. The perceptive among you see there's also a flicker of concern in his eyes.

The netted raven remains a silent captive. It hangs limply, one leg tangled in the magical net like a bizarre tree ornament. The branch that holds the net sways precariously in the breeze, a good fifteen feet from the window. Everyone can see a fair tumble awaits the raven if the flimsy branch gives way.



WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 58/110 P.P.E. | Tongues 1min | Bareleaf Smoke | Metamorphosis: Insect unknown min/hours/days?
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 32/54 I.S.P., 162/245 P.P.E. | Bareleaf Smoke | Tongues 40min
Ivy: 18/22 H.P., 23/23 S.D.C., 27/41 I.S.P. | Armor: Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC)
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 22/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100: [24] = 24 /61%
JiC: 1d100: [24] = 24 / 1d20: [2] = 2

Conditions: PPE Remaining: 162/245 | ISP Remaining: 32/54 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft | Tongues [40 Min | All Languages 98%] | Mind Block [No Psi Abilities available]

Skye
Skye moves to observe the Raven from a perch but otherwise does nothing else.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [22] = 22 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [45] = 45 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [100] = 100 /88% (Not getting shot at or attacked)


Skills


Post
Ten Tokes wrote:"A bloody talking crow? Spying on us?" He scratches his chin thoughtfully. "Humperdinck had some odd animal companions following him into the jungle. Maybe they're like this one?" ... "Grilling it for information sounds fair dinkum to me."
When Granas' second Constrain Being attempt causes the Raven to go limp, the wizard nods to himself. "It won't be getting away for bit." Granas turns to Ten Tokes and the others. "We've got about 15 minutes before the effects of the spell wears off. If you have a way to contain it more permanently while we interrogate it, that'd be ideal, Chief." Granas offers. Though the immediate predicament of Alwin catches Granas' attention.
Rigel wrote:"Well, well, well. Looks like someone traded his pointy ears for some fancy antennae. What kind of bug are you? Are you a cockroach?"
Granas looks at the new form of Alwin within Mürrischer's hand. Must be the metamorphosis, insect spell. Odd to see it applied through eating something. On the plus side, it shouldn't be permanent. Granas considers briefly, the words echoing around him. 'Must be the metamorphosis, insect spell. Odd to see it applied through eating something. On the plus side, it shouldn't be permanent.' Granas curls his lips in brief annoyance at the effect before explaining. "It looks as though Alwin has come under the enchantment of Metamorphosis; Insect. One of several spells that can transform the subject into something else, though I've never heard of it being applied through a food. Possibly a magical potion concealed as a sauce. These types of spells are temporary so Alwin should resume is normal form soon, depending on the strength of the alchemist who made the solution." Granas pauses and looks at the plate. "I'd like to preserve what's left of the food on that plate to examine it later. We should also question who prepared this meal." Granas considers aloud, looking at Chief Ten Tokes and the other Koala's, the researcher in him showing. The netted Raven jars him back to the effects of his spell.

"I don't suspect that Raven will be held there for much longer before the net and branch give way, Chief, do you have some sort of reinforced animal cage we can hold it in?" If the Chief or Double Tree does have something in mind, Granas will then cast Manipulate Objects on the Raven, then dismissing his magical net spell so that he can make the Raven float into the room with them (or wherever the Chief directs)
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [1] = 1

"I don't know magic vell enough fer dis." Is his response to the revelation that the weevil is indeed Alwin.
Granas wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:47 amGranas looks at the new form of Alwin within Mürrischer's hand. Must be the metamorphosis, insect spell. Odd to see it applied through eating something. On the plus side, it shouldn't be permanent. Granas considers briefly, the words echoing around him. 'Must be the metamorphosis, insect spell. Odd to see it applied through eating something. On the plus side, it shouldn't be permanent.' Granas curls his lips in brief annoyance at the effect before explaining. "It looks as though Alwin has come under the enchantment of Metamorphosis; Insect. One of several spells that can transform the subject into something else, though I've never heard of it being applied through a food. Possibly a magical potion concealed as a sauce. These types of spells are temporary so Alwin should resume is normal form soon, depending on the strength of the alchemist who made the solution." Granas pauses and looks at the plate. "I'd like to preserve what's left of the food on that plate to examine it later. We should also question who prepared this meal." Granas considers aloud, looking at Chief Ten Tokes and the other Koala's, the researcher in him showing. The netted Raven jars him back to the effects of his spell.
"Poisoning somevon isn't dat hard, but I'm pwetty sure I couldn't like dat." He admits after the explanation of the spell used on Alwin. "Vee could try to use dis one who twied to poison Ten-Tokes?"

"I don't mind keeping an eye on the bird is somevon needs to." He offers, thinking himself a better choice to watch the spy that seemingly failed in its one task.

He turns a cup upside down and sets Alwin Weevil on it. "You'll be fine.
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [75] = 75 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [25] = 25
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive), Ambidextrous, Resistant to Cold (Soupcon; 1/2 damage from Cold based attacks).
HP: 54/54
S.D.C.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 27/44
P.P.E.: 10/10
Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82; -15% Prowl, Spd reduced by 20%
Tower Shield of the Hex Indestructible


Language: Other: Wolfen 1d100: [48] = 48 /15% (To speak to the Koala Men.)

Trask looks out the window. "Well we might as well fetch it before it takes the fall. Not sure what effect that would have." Trask says. If no one makes a move for it, Trask heads outside to see what he can do to get it out of the tree. This whole quest is plain odd, if I was of right mind I might walk away, but Utu wills it, so here I go. Trask thinks as he one hands his Lucerne Hammer and reaches up to pull the branch down, to either break it or get it low enough for him to grab the raven.
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
Tolliver Trask; The Suicide King
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Princess Bride : Endgame

Post by Locknar »

A Classic Blunder!
Unknown Jungle
Date: 25 September, 345
Weather: Clear skies
Time: 1:45pm

The room crackles with a tension thicker than the second hand smoke that permeates the koala village. (cough cough). The raven, a foot caught in a magical net conjured by our wizard, dangles unconscious outside the window. Trask moves quickly to retrieve it. But Granas sees this as another problem that can be solved with hard magic.

He mutters the incantation for a Manipulate Objects spell, and a flicker of blue magic pulses from his outstretched hand. It arcs towards the raven, a magical helping hand that reaches out and retrieves the trapped bird.

The raven's apparent lifelessness is shattered as a single beady eye snaps open. Those beady black eyes lock onto Granas and narrow.

Trask, lost in his own thoughts, remains blissfully unaware. Mürrischer is similarly oblivious, his gaze momentarily fixed on the plump, green weevil cupped in his massive hand. The wolfen carefully places the cup on the table, setting Alwin, the evil weevil, down as this crucial moment unfolds.

Only Granas
The only one who passed perception.
the raven's charade. Just as the blue tendrils pull the raven loose, the bird erupts into action.

"Inconceivable! You have fallen for one of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well-known is this: Never try to
Note: Non-supernatural beings such as dragons, Faerie Folk, or mortal humans, D-Bees, or aliens are not affected by the Constrain Being spell.
a fey creature who is not what they seem!"


The raven's
Image
resounds through the village.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?

NOTE: Everyone but Granas automatically lose initiative and 1 APM next round.


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 58/110 P.P.E. | Bareleaf Smoke | Metamorphosis: Insect unknown min/hours/days?
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 32/54 I.S.P., 160/245 P.P.E. | Bareleaf Smoke | Tongues 39min
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 22/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”