The Lazlo Ploy

Look to the Horizon, spread your wings and fly.
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [75] = 75

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan listens to the rest of the team pointlessly arguing about how to get killed. When Amber asks Alisha to rift them to Merctown and then goes back on the order so that they can argue some more, Susan moves to her and, after a long pause, actually puts her hand on Amber's forearm.

"Commander, further planning here is contra-indicated by the urgency of the situation. If we must discuss further, we should immediately teleport to either Paducah or Manoa and talk there. A phone tip for this cyborg under Mr. John's alias should be enough to count for a small stipend. We should not engage in combat in a populated area."

If Amber chooses to leave the room, Susan is prepared to pay Alisha to teleport her by herself to either of the locations above.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

ROLLS HELD

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

"Nothing personal, boss. No more than just wanting to figure what the bounty is about. If I remember right, John said the bounty is on me with no mention of traveling partners. I think there's something suspicious going on, and I am most likely not the first person it's happened to"

He grabs all of his gear, keeping the rail gun in hand.

Be careful Phinneas......

"But, you are the boss. And I am not a mutineer. I've made my case. If this is what your orders are then so be it"

Phinneas waits for the groups next move.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:21 pm Susan listens to the rest of the team pointlessly arguing about how to get killed. When Amber asks Alisha to rift them to Merctown and then goes back on the order so that they can argue some more, Susan moves to her and, after a long pause, actually puts her hand on Amber's forearm.

"Commander, further planning here is contra-indicated by the urgency of the situation. If we must discuss further, we should immediately teleport to either Paducah or Manoa and talk there. A phone tip for this cyborg under Mr. John's alias should be enough to count for a small stipend. We should not engage in combat in a populated area."

If Amber chooses to leave the room, Susan is prepared to pay Alisha to teleport her by herself to either of the locations above.
Amber is relieved when Susan suggests leaving for Merctown or Manoa. Thankfully someone else sees the senselessness of this. “I agree Susan. Let’s head home. We can get in touch with our employer there and end this.”

She stops her egress to John’s room and says first to Alisha. “How long do you need to open a Rift to outside Merctown? Maybe somewhere near the airport?”

Once she gets her reply from Alisha, she then says to John. “Feel free to call in your tip to the Borg and to Lazlo once we are set to go. If you want a ride to Merctown, you have more than earned the trip. Otherwise look us up when you get there.”
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:22 am "Nothing personal, boss. No more than just wanting to figure what the bounty is about. If I remember right, John said the bounty is on me with no mention of traveling partners. I think there's something suspicious going on, and I am most likely not the first person it's happened to"

He grabs all of his gear, keeping the rail gun in hand.

Be careful Phinneas......

"But, you are the boss. And I am not a mutineer. I've made my case. If this is what your orders are then so be it"

Phinneas waits for the groups next move.
She pulls Phinneas aside once the course of action is finalized. “Phinneas. I have no reason to doubt your loyalty to our company and I certainly wasn’t implying that you were a mutineer. I respect your interest about wanting to figure out who is behind this bounty, but I am concerned about running headlong into a fight we don’t want or need right now. I want everyone to be able to speak their mind and be true to themselves, but once a decision is made, I expect everyone to do their job. But, know that I will have your back if dealing with our mission doesn’t end the bounty. You have my word on that.” She says the last sentence solemnly.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Lazlo: Saturday, October 112PA, 6:45pm
Environmental Conditions: 11*C (51*F); partially cloudy but mostly clear.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Lazlo Nexus nearby
Post

Upon Amber's request, Alisha appears to sigh but nods her head. Amber can tell that this mage seems to value her time, though doesn't voice a problem and nods. Susan expresses a desire to get out of town as soon as possible after dropping a tip. Phinneas wants to face the borgs, believing the bounty to be personal. When John offers the use of his room instead of their room, just in case, Amber and the others take him up on his offer. When Arvid asks Alisha about a place where they could ambush the borgs John has warned everyone about, the mage shakes her head. "We're in one of the more densely populated parts of town, and the cities law enforcement would descend upon any open fight within limits in an instant. My professional opinion is to tip them off and let them deal with it." Alisha recommends. John also makes the recommendation to avoid complicating an encounter with the borgs; the fact that Royce is known to have no qualms of collateral damage suggests the team would be at a disadvantage if they attempted to engage from where they are.

Everyone moves to the third floor to John's room and finds it to be much better placed, strategically. Susan finds that his room's window actually provides a much better vantage on the main road outside the building. Both the Crazy and the Scientist can see a couple cyborg-types roaming the road but it's hard to say if any of them are on the prowl for them. Phinneas does not see a borg he recognizes from the Eatery.

After some further discussion, Amber agrees and asks Alisha to open a portal to the airfield in Merctown's limits. The mage nods. "Not long, I just need a few minutes. Do any of you have vehicles, or is this area your departure point? I can open a portal large enough for a vehicle as well and since it sounds like you lot need to move under cover, I can port us to wherever your parked." Alisha offers. Essentially offering to hop the group out of the motel, then to Merctown, though John is the only one with a parked vehicle within Lazlo, with Amber's open offer for him to follow them still hanging. "If you need a vehicle hop for six heads, I'll do charge you a lump fee of 300k for all of you." Alisha explains. If pressed on why she is being accommodating, she shrugs the question off. "I'm no fan of borg hunters, myself." She replies.

What are your intentions?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [58] = 58 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [6] = 6
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [1] = 1

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.
Phantom
(Summons a Fragmented Elemental Essence) Range: Immediate area, up to 40 feet ( 12.2 m) away. Duration: 15 minutes per level of the Warlock.

Arvid is listening to the plan as put for by Amber, Sounds good.
Alisha
"We're in one of the more densely populated parts of town, and the cities law enforcement would descend upon any open fight within limits in an instant. My professional opinion is to tip them off and let them deal with it." Alisha recommends. John also makes the recommendation to avoid complicating an encounter with the borgs; the fact that Royce is known to have no qualms of collateral damage suggests the team would be at a disadvantage if they attempted to engage from where they are.
Arvid gathers all his things. And responds to Alisha, “Lady Alisha, I want to thank you for your help. I would not mind seeing you again under better circumstances.”

He has the Phantom guard the hall way of the old room and keep him informed on if the Borgs come in to the hall. He tells him that he is free to go after they teleport/rift away.

In John’s room he waits for Amber’s instructions on moving off. He is worried about the borgs and reminds his team to be quiet as possible.
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 63% | 1d100: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [61] = 61

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

It must be nice for everybody else....

"What's that Mr B?"

I didn't say anything Phin

Phinneas checks his gear one last time, as it seems a departure is imminent and things have the possibility of getting sideways at any moment. Confirming a full force field, his axe and rocket launcher are slung over the shoulder with the rail gun in hand and ready to go.

I guess when you still have all of your limbs, you don't need to worry about credits....

"It'll be fine Mr B. We'll figure something out"

I'm sure it will Phin. We just need to get back home
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [29] = 29 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [90] = 90


Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [77] = 77
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [70] = 70
Prowl 60% = 1d100: [17] = 17
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [49] = 49
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [77] = 77 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [70] = 70 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

NE-1A-TWPA Tech-Warrior: NE-F50A Super-Heavy Forced Field: 160/160 at 100%
Main Body: 350/350 at 100%
Underguard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:01 pm After some further discussion, Amber agrees and asks Alisha to open a portal to the airfield in Merctown's limits. The mage nods. "Not long, I just need a few minutes. Do any of you have vehicles, or is this area your departure point? I can open a portal large enough for a vehicle as well and since it sounds like you lot need to move under cover, I can port us to wherever your parked." Alisha offers. Essentially offering to hop the group out of the motel, then to Merctown, though John is the only one with a parked vehicle within Lazlo, with Amber's open offer for him to follow them still hanging. "If you need a vehicle hop for six heads, I'll do charge you a lump fee of 300k for all of you." Alisha explains. If pressed on why she is being accommodating, she shrugs the question off. "I'm no fan of borg hunters, myself." She replies.
Amber signals her agreement to the fee requested from Alisha with a nod of her head. “Agreed.” She looks to John. “I know John has a truck. So are you coming with us, John?" Assuming John says yes, she will tell Alisha. "We will take the port to the vehicle and are ready when you are."

She looks around. “Saddle up, ladies. We are out of here. Let's move quickly but quietly.”

As she hefts her pack to her shoulder, she makes sure she has the device safely at her side. Okay. Game face on. This should be over soon. Let’s get home.




Note for Chris
You must have missed this from a few posts ago. Amber gave Phinneas money!
Amber Dach wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 6:09 pm Once a plan is in place and things are starting to happen, she will pull Phinneas aside. "Phinneas. While you were off eating, I divvied up the cash that Reka gave us. You should be able to afford whatever you need for a replacement arm with this." She says as she shows him the amount of credits she is transferring to him. (OOC - Blackhaunt added the 1 million Black Creds to your sheet already.)
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [58] = 58

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan, who has been ready to go for some time now, breathes a sigh of relief and recalls the two eye spy drones now that the team is actually going.

“All ready, commander,” she adds, leaving through the portal once it’s summoned.

It is truly a shame we can’t keep the Naruni Rift gun.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Saturday, October 112PA, 8:00pm
Environmental Conditions: 21*C (70*F); partly cloudy sky.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus nearby
Post

Alisha nods to the group and looks to John to tell her where they parked. Alisha then portals the group out of the No-Tell Motel and they land directly in front of his truck. Before sending the team off to Merctown, Alisha looks to Arvid after his offer with a smile. "Perhaps next time you visit, you won't be on the run and we can enjoy a dinner, Hammerson. Until then." Alisha offers, then opening another portal to the Merctown airfield. The GIRLS head on through after paying Alisha and leave Lazlo with the borgs apparently none the wiser.

Upon arrival into Merctown, Amber and Phinneas both notice an increased Defender presence at the Airfield and smoke rising from one of the hangars, though not theirs. It appears Merctown has been rocked recently by some other events that have put the Defenders on alert. That said, the group is not hassled as they return to their own hangar in the airfield which they find to be unscathed. Now, for the first time in what feels like weeks, the GIRLS can take a moment to breathe as they prepare for their inevitable call to their Employer. John knows of a few contacts within the Merctown Black Market he might be able to call on for work or intelligence should he need too

What are your intentions?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [13] = 13 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [62] = 62
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [57] = 57

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
Upon arrival in Merctown, Amber and Phinneas both notice an increased Defender presence at the Airfield and smoke rising from one of the hangars, though not theirs. It appears Merctown has been rocked recently by some other events that have put the Defenders on alert. That said, the group is not hassled as they return to their own hangar in the airfield which they find to be unscathed. Now, for the first time in what feels like weeks, the GIRLS can take a moment to breathe as they prepare for their inevitable call to their Employer. John knows of a few contacts within the Merctown Black Market he might be able to call on for work or intelligence should he need too
After arriving through the Portal that Alisha created for them. Arvid leaves John’s vehicle and takes a look at the New Horizons Hanger. Very large, I wonder what type of craft they have inside. “This is large for our team? What is on the inside? Is there a large space ship or airship inside?”

Arvid looks at the commotions over at the other side. "I think I should go over and investigate what happened over there. Make sure it is nothing we should be worried about."

Arvid heads over the Site and asks, "Gentlemen, I am, Arvid Hammerson from Asgard, I work for Horizon Group. We just arrived, is there anything we should know or how can I be of assistance to you." I wonder if any of these Defenders recognize me from Jessica and Rocky's Wedding.
Charm Impress 40% 1d100: [47] = 47
Invoke Trust 25% 1d100: [91] = 91
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 63% | 1d100: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [37] = 37

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Arriving back at MercTown, Phinneas notices the heavy Defender presence and smoke in the distance. "Home sweet home, eh guys? Looks like somebody is having a barbecue"

When he gets back into the hangar, Phinneas drops all of his gear except for his axe in his room. Rejoining the group in the common area, he asks what the next steps are. "Are we going straight to the Naruni, or do we have some down time? I need some new clothes and an arm"

Probably a shower too Phin. We're a little on the ripe side

That's the smell of victory, Mr B
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [35] = 35 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [41] = 41

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [70] = 70
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [82] = 82
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [50] = 50
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [13] = 13 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [69] = 69 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:02 pm Post

Alisha nods to the group and looks to John to tell her where they parked. Alisha then portals the group out of the No-Tell Motel and they land directly in front of his truck. Before sending the team off to Merctown, Alisha looks to Arvid after his offer with a smile. "Perhaps next time you visit, you won't be on the run and we can enjoy a dinner, Hammerson. Until then." Alisha offers, then opening another portal to the Merctown airfield. The GIRLS head on through after paying Alisha and leave Lazlo with the borgs apparently none the wiser.
Amber thanks Alisha for her assistance in returning to Merctown. She bows and says, “Alisha, my deepest gratitude for the swift and safe transport. Your mastery of the arcane arts is truly remarkable, and I confess, I wouldn't have wanted to face the long journey by any other way. It's a testament to your skill that we will arrive home so quickly and without any unwanted complications. I have no doubt that our current task will be completed soon. And once our current undertaking is finished, we are open to offers. My comrades and I are seasoned adventurers, well-versed in combat, exploration, and the art of diplomacy. If anyone requires a skilled team to tackle their challenges, we stand ready to lend our blades and our wits. Please, spread the word, and we'll be waiting, ready to answer the call.”
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:02 pm Upon arrival into Merctown, Amber and Phinneas both notice an increased Defender presence at the Airfield and smoke rising from one of the hangars, though not theirs. It appears Merctown has been rocked recently by some other events that have put the Defenders on alert. That said, the group is not hassled as they return to their own hangar in the airfield which they find to be unscathed. Now, for the first time in what feels like weeks, the GIRLS can take a moment to breathe as they prepare for their inevitable call to their Employer. John knows of a few contacts within the Merctown Black Market he might be able to call on for work or intelligence should he need too.
Amber takes a minute inspecting the outside of the building for any sign of danger or any unwelcome company before entering. Maneuvering the Tech-Warrior to an area near the stair case to the second floor so that it is readily available if she needs it in a hurry. She tells John to pull in and gestures to a spot and closes the door behind him.
Arvid Hammerson wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:33 am After arriving through the Portal that Alisha created for them. Arvid leaves John’s vehicle and takes a look at the New Horizons Hanger. Very large, I wonder what type of craft they have inside. “This is large for our team? What is on the inside? Is there a large space ship or airship inside?”

Arvid looks at the commotions over at the other side. "I think I should go over and investigate what happened over there. Make sure it is nothing we should be worried about."
Amber rubs her eyes in exasperation as Arvid wants to take off towards the smoke. My God. This guy wants to take off again. Chasing a fire now, I guess? First, trying to escort a very capable Shifter around her own turf. Now he wants he wants to be a firefighter. What’s next? Rescuing a cat up a tree? She lets out an audible sigh. “Arvid. Where are you going? The Defenders can handle whatever is going on over there. Let’s figure out our next steps before everyone goes running off.”

She looks at everyone. “Look, it has been a long and trying journey to get to this point. Everyone, take 20 minutes to get settled and cleaned up and then we meet in the Lounge upstairs and figure out our next moves.” She looks at John, Minerva and Arvid. “There are a few empty rooms upstairs. Pick one and make yourselves at home.”
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:41 pm Arriving back at MercTown, Phinneas notices the heavy Defender presence and smoke in the distance. "Home sweet home, eh guys? Looks like somebody is having a barbecue"

When he gets back into the hangar, Phinneas drops all of his gear except for his axe in his room. Rejoining the group in the common area, he asks what the next steps are. "Are we going straight to the Naruni, or do we have some down time? I need some new clothes and an arm"
Amber shrugs. “I hope we have a day or two before we have to deal with the Naruni. In the meantime, we need to get you fixed up and try to lay low at the same time in case the bounty followed you here. We will figure it all out when we meet in a few minutes.” She pats him on the shoulder reassuringly as she moves to unload her gear and get out of the Power Armour.

Once she has exited the Power Armour and locked it down, she gathers her gear and heads up to her room. She uses her Ring of Cleanse on herself and changes into a well-cut set of fatigues, strapping on her new sword and sidearm onto her belt along with a couple extra FSE-Clips, as well as her satchel containing the Device and heads to the lounge to await everyone.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

((( Rolls Carry Over)))
Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
Amber
Arvid. Where are you going? The Defenders can handle whatever is going on over there. Let’s figure out our next steps before everyone goes running off.”
Arvid stops a bit shocked that she lacks concerns about others problems and so close to their place. But he says nothing.
She looks at everyone. “Look, it has been a long and trying journey to get to this point. Everyone, take 20 minutes to get settled and cleaned up and then we meet in the Lounge upstairs and figure out our next moves.” She looks at John, Minerva and Arvid. “There are a few empty rooms upstairs. Pick one and make yourselves at home.”
Arvid replies, “Ah, gear upstairs, then 20 mins meeting in the lounge.”

Arvid follows the others, chooses a room, finds a small bed for his large frame. Stores his gear. I guess I can try the bed, Might have to sleep on the floor or better yet upstairs under the stars.

He takes his armor off and puts on the flight suit and leather jacket then heads to the lounge.
He arrives early.
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [67] = 67

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

When Arvid immediately tries to go running off to fight an in control airport fire, Susan thinks, “What is this person’s situation? He appears to want to be involved with every single thing going on in the region. Does he think he is a character from a television show? Between him and Phinneas, we need to watch what people we know are doing very carefully from now on.”

“Well, seeing the hangar again seems like a kind of success at this point.” After returning to the hangar, Susan locks the door to her room and sets one of the eye spies to warn her if anyone enters while she is gone. She gets out of her armor as quickly as possible, showers, dresses and has just enough time to start recharging her eclipse before going downstairs to the meeting.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Saturday, October 112PA, 8:20pm
Environmental Conditions: 21*C (70*F); partly cloudy sky.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus nearby
Post

As the group returns to their hangar, Arvid expresses concern for the amount of Defenders and evidence of smoke in the air but Amber convinces the Godling to remain with them instead. Arvid remembers that the Defenders are more than a quaint security force but rather a near military police force, and imposing on them could be detrimental. Inside the hangar, Minerva, Arvid and John each find a room to claim after John pulls his vehicle inside and locks it down. About 20 minutes after returning, the group finds themselves at the upstairs lounge where they continue to discuss their new plan.

Amber, Phinneas and Arvid all notice that there seems to be a message for the GIRLS team in their hangar, with Amber, Phinneas and Susan's hearts sinking when they see the Naruni logo on it. It looks to be a day old and is text only. It reads, 'I have lost all trace of Eight and the security forces on the drop planet have been engaged. I can only assume this means you have either been killed, or betrayed me. Though I hope I am mistaken, you should be aware I have placed a bounty on your team to acquire your bodies or any information about your deaths, and to hand over your gear to the local Naruni outlet. I simply must have my prototype. If by some chance you survived, succeeded in your mission and find this message, I suggest you contact me soon so that I can remove the bounty. I would hate for some wayward bounty hunters to accidentally destroy my prize.' This message gives new light to the borgs that were chasing Phinneas back in Lazlo. Whether they planned to kill Phinneas or simply capture him is unknown, though the crew recognize they have little time to waste if they want to clear their name. There is an encrypted holo frequency attached to the message the GIRLS can use to contact their Naruni employer, and Amber and the others recognize they may not have a safe and leisurely two-days in Merctown if they wait. Amber also recognizes that when their ploy is discovered, they may well find a new bounty on their team.

What are your intentions?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [34] = 34 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [72] = 72


Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [6] = 6
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [8] = 8
Intelligence 57% = 1d100: [38] = 38
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [3] = 3
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [78] = 78 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [72] = 72 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

Amber breathes a small sigh of relief as she listens to the ‘Creator’s’ message. Wow! It seems like he doesn’t know the circumstances of Eight’s destruction. If we can spin our story right, we might actually pull this off and save our skins in the process.

She looks around at everyone that gathered and heard the message. “So, we know why they were looking for Phinneas. First thing. We need to keep a low profile. No lights and stay away from windows and such. We won’t be able to lay low here for long, since I’m sure he would have included this place in his dossier on us. But our time in Lazlo may throw them off the trail for a short while.”

She takes a deep breath in. “We need to get our story figured out before we make the call." And hope he doesn't press for too many details. She looks at Phinneas. “I want to get you fixed up as soon as we can, but I think we may be able to use your missing limb as our excuse for not showing up right away. We can say we needed to get you medical attention first. Doc you will have to fill in some details that sound good. I think he will believe that we went looking for medical assistance knowing Susan and my character."

She cocks her head to the side. "As for what happened to Eight. Can say that we lost him in the swarm of bots and that he didn't reappear where we were to meet. It would add another delay in our timeline too if we said we waited for a few hours, but I guess we can't know what he knows about what happened on the planet. So, simpler is better, I think.”

She glances around the room. "Throw your ideas out folks. We need to get this right." She leaves the 'or else' unsaid but you can feel it hanging in the air.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Arvid: Horizons Group At Merctown

Perception: 47% 1d100: [83] = 83 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [78] = 78
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [57] = 57

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
It reads, 'I have lost all trace of Eight and the security forces on the drop planet have been engaged. I can only assume this means you have either been killed, or betrayed me. Though I hope I am mistaken, you should be aware I have placed a bounty on your team to acquire your bodies or any information about your deaths, and to hand over your gear to the local Naruni outlet. I simply must have my prototype. If by some chance you survived, succeeded in your mission and find this message, I suggest you contact me soon so that I can remove the bounty. I would hate for some wayward bounty hunters to accidentally destroy my prize.'
Arvid listens carefully to Amber after the message is read. Arvid thinks, If the Nuraini got into to this place to deliver this message, they might have put bugs in here too. Arvid quickly uses his ability to detect Electrical devices to search for bugs in the facility.

The psychic can sense or feel electricity and pinpoint its exact location as well as the approximate amount of electricity at the source (tiny, small, big). 150'
OOC Comments
Duration: Two minutes of extreme sensitivity so he can pinpoint every source of electricity in the area.
I.S.P. Cost: Two
Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity
Static Discharge: 2D6 S.D.C. damage from electric shock and the discharge will temporarily interfere with communications (radio signals garbled and unclear, video images snowy, broken and distorted) and temporarily knock out bugs, video
cameras and sensors for I D4 minutes.

If discover any, he will get close to the device to cause interference
He then motions to the others about the bug.

Arvid speaks silently, covering his mouth, “We need to be careful if they know of this location, then they might have it staked out too. So assume they know we are here. if we stay here we might want to put a Watch out to help.”
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 63% | 1d100: [94] = 94
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [86] = 86

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

All I wanted was a shower........and an arm........

Letting his head drop in light disappointment, Phinneas let's out a small "ugh..." Looking to Amber, "Let's just get this over with. We should at the very least let him know we are back and get the bounty revoked so we can turn on the lights"
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [98] = 98

La paz interior es mi objetivo. La protección de los inocentes es mi aspiración. Que pueda encontrar mi camino donde me necesitan como me requieren. Que los ancestros guíen mi espada y mi paso.
Translation
Inner peace is my goal. Protection of the innocent is my aspiration. May I find my way where I am needed as I am required. May the ancestors guide my blade and my step.
After handing the gem off, Minerva finds a corner of the No-Tell Motel and begins to meditate. Three hours of mantra and restful recharging. When she gets the tap that it's time to go, she opens her eyes and pointedly sniffs in the flavorful air. "Grilled Eel?" If there's any left, she'll grab a bite from Phinneas.

Walking through the rift, she nods to Alisha and steps through to Merctown. She follows the group to their headquarters, noting the smoke in the distance but not paying it much mind.
Amber Dach wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:11 pm She looks at everyone. “Look, it has been a long and trying journey to get to this point. Everyone, take 20 minutes to get settled and cleaned up and then we meet in the Lounge upstairs and figure out our next moves.” She looks at John, Minerva and Arvid. “There are a few empty rooms upstairs. Pick one and make yourselves at home.”
Minerva nods and heads upstairs to find herself a room (K). Having a seat on the bed there, she looks around. "This will do." Necesitaré trasladar mis cosas desde mi base anterior hasta aquí, pero creo que este alojamiento será suficiente por el momento. Debería mirar los precios inmobiliarios aquí.
Translation
I'll need to move my things from my previous base to here, but I believe this lodging will suffice for the time being. I should look into real estate prices here.
She heads to the lounge next and hears the message from Naruni alongside the others. "Well that's a dramatic message, no? So if you contact this 'Creator' and get him his device, all should be well. He has no way of knowing how or why it did not work. Design flaw from the inventor or a loose wire during travel turbulence. I will go with whatever story you need, Amber."
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [69] = 69

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan listens to the message from their employer and thinks, Yes! Muahahahaha! Everything is going according to plan in spite of Phinneas!

She's shocked when Amber openly discusses lying to the Naruni in a place that is very likely bugged and has been since they were first coopted by the space merchant.

Susan looks Amber directly in the eye and says, "There is no reason to elaborate on the truth with our employer. We had difficulties returning here after the loss of Eight and we are now reporting in as soon as possible. Those difficulties included dimension hopping and stabilizing Phinneas, as you noted."

"I'm sure that he will also want to know the details of what happened with Mr. Ola."

If she is somehow reassured that there are no bugs here, she will add, "We need to decide if Mr. Ola escaped, leaving the device behind, knowing that it was our true target, or if he was killed in such a way that we cannot provide physical proof of his demise."

Another possibility to claim that Mr. Ola destroyed Eight. I do not know which of these explanations will seem most plausible to our employer.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)

Susan Lee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:35 am She's shocked when Amber openly discusses lying to the Naruni in a place that is very likely bugged and has been since they were first coopted by the space merchant.

Susan looks Amber directly in the eye and says, "There is no reason to elaborate on the truth with our employer. We had difficulties returning here after the loss of Eight and we are now reporting in as soon as possible. Those difficulties included dimension hopping and stabilizing Phinneas, as you noted."

"I'm sure that he will also want to know the details of what happened with Mr. Ola."
Amber silently curses herself. I told myself the first thing I would do was go over this building with a fine-tooth comb to make sure the building wasn’t bugged and what do you do? Promptly forget when you get inside the door again. She holds up a hand as she says. “Of course, of course. I wasn’t suggesting we would mislead our employer. I just want everyone to have all the facts straight. Some people have come in mid-mission and don’t know all that has transpired is all.” Hope that covers over any misstep I may have made.

She reaches out with her mind to everyone in turn. Talk amongst yourselves. I will attempt to locate any bugs in this room. She looks around the table and finds a marker, so she adds some additional instructions to Arvid. Arvid, I will levitate this marker near where I find any bugs and you can disable them. Okay?

She sits down in a chair and as the group chat amongst themselves, she activates her Telekinesis ability and then enters a trance to use her Psychic Omni-Sight to identify the location of any bugs in this room specifically.

Psychic Omni-Sight
(RUE Page 181)
Range: 500-foot radius.
Duration: 5 minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 15
Special Bonuses & Abilities:
• Pinpoints the locations of electrical outlets, electronic "bugs" (spy and surveillance devices), electronic devices and other energy and heat sources, as well as bionic body parts and cybernetic implants close to the surface of the skin (not Bio-Systems or artificial internal organs). Such concealed or obscured items can be identified by their shape and heat pattern. Success Ratio: 65% = 1d100: [54] = 54
• This ability can also help the psychic to locate secret compartments and trap doors. Success Ratio: 50% = 1d100: [52] = 52
• See the infrared and ultraviolet spectrums of light.
• See heat signatures: can tell if an engine has been recently used or a weapon recently fired (within the last 15 minutes), follow recent footprints or vapor trails (within the last five minutes), see heat signature in darkness and so on.
• Hyper-sensitive to movement. The psychic can not be surprised by movement or attacks within the 500-foot radius or confines of the area under psionic scrutiny (may be substantially smaller indoors; closed off by walls and doors).

Once she is sure that they are clear, she will say to everyone. “I think that this room is clear, but we will be going over the entire building when this is done.”
Susan Lee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:35 am If she is somehow reassured that there are no bugs here, she will add, "We need to decide if Mr. Ola escaped, leaving the device behind, knowing that it was our true target, or if he was killed in such a way that we cannot provide physical proof of his demise."

"Another possibility to claim that Mr. Ola destroyed Eight. I do not know which of these explanations will seem most plausible to our employer."
Amber ponders for a moment. "As much as I have no loyalty to Ola, he did help us out with the device. If we say he escaped, our employer will look for him. Especially if the device doesn't work for him. And then he may end get the design from him under interrogation." She shrugs. "Maybe we could have the same explosion that cost Phinneas his arm, be end of Eight and Mr. Ola? And then we located the hiding place of the device with my psychic abilities? I don't know which is better."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 63% | 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [77] = 77

Phinneas looks at Amber.

"With everything that Eight has taken time and time again, do we really think that an explosion that didn't kill me was able to take out Eight?"

He then looks to Susan. "Reka obviously knew enough about Eight. He was successful in destroying Eight, but was himself killed in the process. It is the only logical storyline."
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)

Phinneas_Graves wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:25 pm Phinneas looks at Amber.

"With everything that Eight has taken time and time again, do we really think that an explosion that didn't kill me was able to take out Eight?"

He then looks to Susan. "Reka obviously knew enough about Eight. He was successful in destroying Eight, but was himself killed in the process. It is the only logical storyline."
As the discussion continues, Amber she has a crazy thought come to mind. Oh, this might work. "Wait a minute. I told everyone about my visions before the mission." She looks at the newcomers to explain. "They represented possible futures that could come to pass during our mission." She continues. "Anyway, I would guess that Eight passed those visions onto our employer before we left. As much as I would hate to throw Reka to the wolves, we could say that my vision that I had about Eight tackling Reka and disappearing through a portal came true. That way we can say we don't know what happened to either of them for sure. We can feel him out, but we have the basics down. As long as we don't get too elaborate, we should be good."

She glances around the table. "Alright. Let's do this. Gear up. Who knows what he will be sending to collect the device. Once we are already, I'll send a message to the frequency saying we have the device." She exits the room and gathers her armour and fumbles around in the dark getting it all on while strapping on her weapons.

She awaits everyone and once they are all set, she sends a message to the encrypted holo frequency saying that they have the device and are awaiting further instructions.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Saturday, October 112PA, 8:30pm
Environmental Conditions: 21*C (70*F); partly cloudy sky.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus nearby
Post

As Amber begins discussing her plans, Arvid silently considers the idea of the location being bugged and activates his acute electrical sense to see if he can locate any of them. Unfortunately his power is not precise enough to pinpoint bugs specifically, and he gets pings from all around him within the hangar. Though he and Susan both speak up about the possibility of bugs prompting Amber to mentally slap herself while activating her own psionic senses to try to pinpoint them. This psychic omni-sight does pick up an external bugs or surveillance device within the lounge and possibly others within the hangar. She does locate the one within the room they are occupying, though it is a small device and Amber can't be sure how much it heard or relayed. A simple static discharge from Arvid does disable the device.

Recognizing their might be more than one, the team scours the remainder of the building and finds three more, one at the entrance, one in the workshop, and one in the conference room. Arvid is able to easily disable each of them. While it's hard to tell how much was overheard, they can at least be sure that their return to the hangar and some of their conversation has been heard. A close inspection of one of the devices makes it out to be a motion sensor and media recorder, it is short range. Likely requiring someone nearby to access it remotely as it doesn't seem powerful enough to go further than a mile.

With the bugs discovered and disabled, the team resumes plotting in a more hushed and possibly irritated tone as their privacy was proven to be breached. Though, they come up with several possible reasons for their discussion and what they plan to tell the Naruni patron. With their plan in place and not knowing what to expect, Amber has everyone gear back up as she sends the Naruni a contact request.

It doesn't take more than half an hour for a message to be returned from their patron, this time a verbal one. "Ah, excellent. I will rescind the bounty immediately. Please head to the local Naruni outlet with the device. There you will ask for Gerrak Hzanlo; he will escort you to the conference room and receive the device from you in private and provide payment. There we will also have a brief holocall where you can fill me in on the events that transpired. Successful delivery of the device will conclude this contract. Though, I have other jobs available for you we can discuss at that time as well, should your team remain interested." The Naruni responds in his normal and professional, business-like manner. If he heard of any of the teams plotting, the message certainly didn't indicate it and there is no mention of the surveillance bugs going offline. The audio message is short and the line is terminated before questions could be asked.

What are your intentions?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

Perception 25% (+5% pertaining to a good deal): 1d100: [35] = 35
JID d20: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC d100: 1d100: [36] = 36

John drives the GIRLS to the hanger- he's the one with the wheels after all.

These guys are well outfitted. Maybe I made the right call with them. A couple hundred thousand credits would have been nice from that bounty, though.

John would just hang out in the area by his vehicle after a casual look around unless specifically invited. If John was at the beginning of the meeting where there was a message about their last job, John was keeping quiet anyway cause he was listening. Then John stayed quiet cause that's the immediate instinct of any criminal when presented with a recording device.

John definitely invites himself to any meeting after there were bugs discovered. "Look, you guys are clearly not out of this shit yet and I don't know what all else I can do for you. I mean, I know the same kinda people here I knew up north, but better. But if we use them for something involving stakes like this, it's favors you don't want to do as payment. And these people I won't burn. MercTown is on my regular route. Don't shit where you live, compadres. But Naruni reps give me the worst used salesman meets slave merchant kinda horrible vibes so maybe regular crooks are a step in the right direction. It's your call. "
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [5] = 5 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [96] = 96


Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [72] = 72
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [22] = 22
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [37] = 37
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [59] = 59 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [87] = 87 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
Calamity John wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:01 pm John definitely invites himself to any meeting after there were bugs discovered. "Look, you guys are clearly not out of this shit yet and I don't know what all else I can do for you. I mean, I know the same kinda people here I knew up north, but better. But if we use them for something involving stakes like this, it's favors you don't want to do as payment. And these people I won't burn. MercTown is on my regular route. Don't shit where you live, compadres. But Naruni reps give me the worst used salesman meets slave merchant kinda horrible vibes so maybe regular crooks are a step in the right direction. It's your call. "
Amber weighs John’s words and gets who he is insinuating that he works with. Yeah, I don’t want to get in with another bad crowd. I have a reputation to think of. I am a Cyber-Knight now, even if I haven’t told anyone here yet. “I get what you are saying, John. I agree with your assessment of the Naruni. It wasn’t by choice that we came to work for one. And I hope that we are done with him once he calls.”
Underguard wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:36 pm It doesn't take more than half an hour for a message to be returned from their patron, this time a verbal one. "Ah, excellent. I will rescind the bounty immediately. Please head to the local Naruni outlet with the device. There you will ask for Gerrak Hzanlo; he will escort you to the conference room and receive the device from you in private and provide payment. There we will also have a brief holocall where you can fill me in on the events that transpired. Successful delivery of the device will conclude this contract. Though, I have other jobs available for you we can discuss at that time as well, should your team remain interested." The Naruni responds in his normal and professional, business-like manner. If he heard of any of the teams plotting, the message certainly didn't indicate it and there is no mention of the surveillance bugs going offline. The audio message is short and the line is terminated before questions could be asked.

Amber is lounging around the conference room meditating while she awaits a response to their message. She gathers anyone that isn’t present to listen to their employers reply. After listening to the message she thinks. Well, at least the bounties are rescinded. Although we are walking into the dragon’s maw and will have a small chance to get free if this goes sideways. May the Gods favour the bold.

She looks around the table at the GIRLS and newcomers assembled there. “It looks like we have a date, ladies. Only Phinneas, Susan and myself have been involved in this job from the start, but we appreciate the assistance you have all given us along the way.” She says gratefully.

She glances at everyone in turn. “You all heard the message. I, for one, will be done with our employer once we have made the exchange and will not be open to working for him again, despite what he will offer." She continues. "You all heard where we are heading to make the exchange. So, I’ll be blunt. Our employer holds every advantage there. We only are allowed small arms into the city and he will have his entire arsenal at his disposal. This could go very badly if we aren’t careful. Not all of you know what we were promised for completing this mission, so I’ll fill you in. He promised us an immediate release from our contract with a written clause that we would never hear from him or his associates again, and a ten million credit pay out. So, what it comes down to is whether you value your money or your life more. I will not hold it against anyone not wanting to come especially those of you that have been pulled into this by the Winds of Fate. I’ll give you all a few minutes to decide if you want to come, but then I plan on heading into town and getting this done and over with tonight if we can.”
Dice rolls
1d20: [11] = 11
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [54] = 54

  • SDC: 207/207
  • HP: 130/130
  • ISP: 317/426


  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms:
    • L: 40/40
    • R: 40/40
  • Legs:
    • L: 50/50
    • R: 50/50
  • Main Body: 86/90
  • N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 160/160 (OFF)

  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.

  • Damage: 5D6 M.D.C. per melee

  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 10 Shot (E-Clip)

  • Range: 1 mile
  • Damage: 6D6 M.D.
  • Payload: 2 missiles

  • Robotic P.S. of 25
  • +4 P.P.
  • +20 Speed
  • +10' to leaps
  • +10% to Climbing
  • Reduce Fatigue by 75%
  • -10% to Physical Skills
  • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
  • +3 Initiative
  • +2 to Parry
  • +2 to Dodge
  • +5 to Roll w/ Impact
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Restrained Punch: 6D6
  • Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.


Still suited up from the mission, Minerva nods her readiness to go whenever it's time. "The Winds of Fate did not land me in your capable hands for me to abandon you in your time of need, Amber. Besides, we're just handing them the device, taking the cred chip and leaving. What could possibly go wrong." Minerva smiles at her joke and then takes a look at her current loadout. "Small arms only. Swords, pistols, I am prepared."

She looks around to some of the lesser armed individuals on the team and says "If any of you would like to borrow a pistol or a sword, I am happy to loan. Better assurance that we can cover each other's backs." She'll offer up either of her pistols, her Laser Sword and TW Lightblade, as well as Martel.

Whenever it's time, she'll head out with the group to Naruni HQ.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [12] = 12 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [26] = 26

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan makes sure her equipment is set and that her e-clips are charged. "I am not inherently against accepting future contracts from the Naruni. This employer has been true to their word. The concern is always the implications of the contract."

She shrugs. "I'd rather capture an evil scientist than Erin Tarn."

And this person has been honest with us so far, except for Eight.

"My largest concern is the level of... enslavement... that we have experienced thus far."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

(Rolls Held)

"I don't think you want everyone walking into the lion's den, no matter how juicy the payday. The Naruni are likely only going to pay out to those who were involved from the beginning with eight-figure sums, if that much. I gather that's only the three of you?"

John pulls out his trusty and worn map and guide to MercTown to check his memory. Yep. The Palace is right next door.

"How about the rest of us wait at the Palace across the street, keep an eye out, and bail you out if needed? Just give us a taste of that payday if you do get it."
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 63% | 1d100: [25] = 25
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [54] = 54

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Yes.........the large payday.........

Yeah, and then we can get our arm back.....

Finally......

And then we burn it to the ground....

"Huh?" Phinneas looks around and sees noone talking to him. He shakes his head a little, grabs his axe and pistol and gets ready to leave.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [20] = 20 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [57] = 57
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [64] = 64

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Arvid listens to the others and weighs the options that are before him. He knows Amber needs some time to think. Being in charge is difficult at the best of times. I think it would be best if I went there just to provide them with back-up. But I see John’s point of view. He does not have to be there. We can say he is a support person in charge of getting supplies, even if he does so much more.

Arvid decides to add his thoughts, “I believe I should go with the team even though I was not part of the team when it did this job. You can introduce me. This might make them hesitant, against any ill will, they might have planned for our team. I think John could be useful as an outside observer, giving us updates and copying our Transmissions. I need to know how I should dress, If I show up in armor, the intimidation factor most likely will be high, not saying just the pure size of me is usually intimidating enough."
Arvid does as he is told to do.
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Saturday, October 112PA, 9:00pm
Environmental Conditions: 21*C (70*F); partly cloudy sky.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus nearby
Post

After the discussion of how best to approach the Naruni's storefront, the team heads out. Amber takes most of the team into the Naruni Storefront, which appears to still be quite busy despite it being 9pm. John makes himself comfortable at the Palace nearby. Neither Arvid nor Minerva feel comfortable letting the other three go in by themselves. Inside it isn't hard to ask for Gerrak Hzanlo, another Uteni as it turns out. Except this one isn't nearly as talkative as Reka Ola was. Instead he leads the group back to the Conference Room and connects the group with their Naruni Patron. When one of the team brandishes the device, the Naruni shifts in the hologram, leaning forward as if to look at it.

"Ah, excellent! It is good to see you alive with the prototype. It seems your roster changed since we last spoke, but no matter. Please hand the device to Gerrak Hzanlo. He will see the device delivered to my facility. As promised, you are released from our contract and" He pauses as Gerrak passes Amber a credit chit. "A ten million reward. It is disappointing that you were unable to capture Reka Ola, his efforts were groundbreaking. What happened to him, and how is it Eight came to be destroyed? His tracking went dark suddenly." The Naruni asks and then nods his head to Gerrak who takes the device and leaves the room. Leaving them alone in the Conference Room to answer the team.

From the outside, John notices a lot of activity at the Naruni Storefront, though it remains well lit. Many of the people within leave in droves, with two Repo-Bots still standing at the door, though John can see there are still some patrons inside still shopping. John also sees a Uteni leave holding a briefcase that appears to be heading towards the airfield and is accompanied by a 4-man security detail of Repo-Bots.

What are your intentions?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [47] = 47 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [44] = 44

Minerva walks in with the others, head up, shoulders back. She takes a look around once she's inside the Naruni shop to get a feel for the layout, in case she should need to utilize it for unsavory reasons later. She sizes Gerrak Hzanlo up as he guides them to the Conference Room. Specifically, how he is armed and armored.

Minerva focuses on the hologram presented to them. This is what Naruni look like? I thought it was the blue ones. When the time comes to hand over the device, she'll continue looking toward the hologram. Why do they not do business in person, I wonder? Her eyes follow Gerrak as he leaves the room with the device and then back to the hologram. The Naruni's questions aren't meant for her and so she stays quiet, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [45] = 45 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [2] = 2 | 1d100: [10] = 10


Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [16] = 16
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [60] = 60
Undercover Ops: 35% = 1d100: [36] = 36
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [76] = 76
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [97] = 97 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [31] = 31 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Body Armor :
Main Body: 80/80 at 100%
Atlantean Super-Heavy Force Field: 150/150 at 100%
Underguard wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:51 pm "Ah, excellent! It is good to see you alive with the prototype. It seems your roster changed since we last spoke, but no matter. Please hand the device to Gerrak Hzanlo. He will see the device delivered to my facility. As promised, you are released from our contract and" He pauses as Gerrak passes Amber a credit chit. "A ten million reward. It is disappointing that you were unable to capture Reka Ola, his efforts were groundbreaking. What happened to him, and how is it Eight came to be destroyed? His tracking went dark suddenly." The Naruni asks and then nods his head to Gerrak who takes the device and leaves the room. Leaving them alone in the Conference Room to answer the team.

First some niceties. "Thank-you for honouring our agreement. It was not an easy task to complete and I, for one, am glad we are back home." She says with a slight bow of respect. "We appreciate the credits too." She says as an afterthought.

Okay, make or break time here. Keep it short and sweet. Amber looks at the holo intently. “Reka Ola. He tried to escape with the device and was about to slip out through a portal when we caught up to him. We tried to talk him down first but he really didn’t want to see you again for some reason. Unfortunately, he tried to fight his way out and run. We were forced to kill him or he would have gotten away. But thankfully, we were able to recover the device.”

She takes a deep breath in as she tells ‘The Creator’ about what happened to Eight. “As for what happened to Eight. Ola destroyed Eight somehow. I don’t know what he did or how he did it. But whatever he did, there was only a puddle left where he was standing.”

She looks at the holo and says wearily as she starts to rise from her chair. “I don’t know what else to tell you, other than I would like to go home now. We have been running halfway across the Megaverse in the last couple days and I'm tired.”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

Perception 25% (+5% pertaining to a good deal): 1d100: [70] = 70
JIC d20: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC d100: 1d100: [9] = 9

Detect Ambush 49%: 1d100: [90] = 90
Roadwise 88%: 1d100: [64] = 64
Radio: Basic 64%: 1d100: [49] = 49
Gambling (standard) 59%: 1d100: [93] = 93

John will try to blend in near the windows on the ground floor of the Palace, playing single credit slots or very low stakes blackjack to blend in as he observes across the way. When John notices it looks like Naruni is doing the unthinkable and asking their customers to select their purchases and make their way to the exit, he gets a little nervous inside.

A distinctly different cadence of voice than John's usual tone breaks over the team's radio channel. "Um sweetheart, it looks like that store you wanted to visit is closing early for the day. They are directing customers to the exit. I know it's unheard of for those greedy blue guys to do that, so you may want to hurry. Or we'll be stuck here another day."
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 63% | 1d100: [54] = 54
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [8] = 8

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
Remember, Phin. We get in, we get out, we get an arm

"Right, Mr B"

No silliness, no jokes, juste let Amber do the talking

"Okaaaay Mr B"

Inside the conference room, Phinneas feigns interest in the whole situation as the Creator, and then Amber speak.

At one point, he begins to spin in his chair and almost immediately,

Phin! No silliness

"Sorry....sorry....."
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 64% 1d100: [91] = 91 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [37] = 37
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [12] = 12

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
Enhanced Perception, 30 min,
Minds Eye, 12 mins,
Alter Aura, 6 hours

Arvid decided to go with his armor, (NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor) He decides that recording the event might come in handy. Not to mention the intimidation factor. Before going in he wants to be ready for anything. He uses his psi abilities Enhanced Perception, 30 min, Minds Eye, 12 mins, and Alter Aura, to hide his psi and magic abilities, .Making sure he appears much less experience and a low threat.

He tries to walk behind the rest and looks at possible escape routes and things he might use to help them get out of there.

Once inside he looks at the room conference room with a keen eye checking out anything that might give away this is a trap. The door and the size of the door and could it be sealed. The vents in the room fresh air being blown in. And electronic devices behind floor ceiling and Walls. He stands next to the door, not sitting down.

He listens to Amber talking to this Hologram. He sees the device going out of the room he listens to the sounds of the door closing if electronic he will turn the locking device off.

He hears John’s warning about the showroom over his earpiece. He plans on keeping the door open.
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Saturday, October 112PA, 9:00pm
Environmental Conditions: 21*C (70*F); partly cloudy sky.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus nearby
Post

The Naruni's hands clasp infront of his shadowed face in the video, making them the most visible feature as he taps his fingers together, listening to the explanation provided by Amber. "Pity. Doctor Ola was one of those helping on some of the earlier iterations. Perhaps he escaped with more than I guessed, it is good he is no longer free though, regardless." He responds as Amber as Amber hears John's message in her earpiece and starts to rise. The Naruni nods.

"Yes, I'm sure you must all want to take some time off. Please. Should you wish to hear more about the upcoming assignments, we can discuss them at a later date." The Naruni doesn't stop them from making their way to the exit from there, instead leaving the possibility of future cooperation open for the moment. When those within the Naruni building make their way to the salesfloor, they find John's warning to be accurate. Less than half a dozen patrons remain as compared to when they entered, there was over thirty. One of the Uteni attempts to intercept them to keep them inside with promises of a new groundbreaking deal he says in a hushed tone but is easily walked past.

When they leave, Amber, Minerva and Phinneas notice that the two Repo-Bots that are guarding the door seem to take notice of them but make no moves to stop them on the public street that is still bustling. For now, they seem to have gotten out and away without incident and are free to return to their Hangar.

What are your intentions?
GM Note: This begins downtime; you can post in the Merctown sub-forum for other shopping or hunts you may want to do. This would also be the ideal time to officially change the group name ICly, which hasn't been done yet. I have added a writing challenge for downtime. You have until the end of the month to complete that.

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Post Reply

Return to “Horizon Group Adventure Forum”