Red Sable - Operation: Threshhold

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Re: Red Sable - Operation: Threshhold

Post by Blackhaunt »

Can you fly, Sable?
Iron Beach Dock Container Yard, Napier Bay, Century Station
Date: Monday April 20th, 2043
Weather: Dark, cool (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 6:55 PM

Even with everything having gone sideways, Red Sable doesn't abandon those who have helped her out. Turning around with pistol drawn to cover their escape, she notices that there's nothing to cover. No one is attempting to attack them, no bullets are flying. Just the sound of alarms going off in the distance and the occasional groan from a minorly conscious goon. Looking at the two that just showed up out of nowhere, she can tell a few things. They are familiar with one another in a positive light. They're Cavaliers not Legionnaires, with the mentions of CHIMERA and not disappearing into the night immediately once the bad guys were handled.

While his skin grows back from the fire damage, Black Dog recommends a really good hot dog place. He can only be talking about Hossage's Sausages. Best dogs this side of the 273. Specialty: Rabbit Sausage with White Wine, Chicken and Bacon.

Dawn Breaker suggests a reconvening at the Sector 10 blacksite to do research on some names she discovered during her mission. She gives Red Sable the address and hops on the spy's skybike, leaving Black Dog to hoof it.

Black Dog
2773 Payne Boulevard, Kerguelen, Century Station
Time: 7:03 PM

Dashing from the docks at high speeds, Black Dog makes it to the familiar restaurant in no time flat.

The pride of the Hossage family, this sausage stand had been here since 1992, before the creation of Century Station! It was in talks of becoming a Century Station historical site. Currently in the hands of the 3rd generation, Paul Hossage was the restauranteur. Everything on the menu is $9.99 and the smells wafting out are divine. There's a line of about 7 people waiting before you. 4 of them get out of your way when they see you.

smoked hot beer sausage: spicy pork and grass-fed beef with IPA
cheddar brat: savory pork with Wisconsin white cheddar
knockwurst: grass-fed beef
andouille: smoked pork with wine, garlic & spices
bratwurst: classic German pork bratwurst
chicken habanero: spicy & smoked with Sauza tequila gold
baconator: bacon wrapped knockwurst sausage
merguez: all lamb with Moroccan spices
hot Italian: spicy pork
easter: rabbit with white wine, chicken and bacon.
duck and fig: duck & pork with spices and brandy
wild boar: with apples, cranberries & spice

Red Sable and Dawn Breaker
2773 Payne Boulevard, Kerguelen, Century Station
Time: 7:10 PM

It doesn't take much time at all for Red Sable to soar through the sky to the location Dawn Breaker gave out. Dawn Breaker hops off, heads toward her parking space and notes that it's empty. There's a bit of glass where it was parked. Parking a car for any period of time on the streets of Kerguelen was a risk but the five hours the van sat unattended sealed the deal, Dawn Breaker's van had been stolen.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
Dawn Breaker

Post by Dawn Breaker »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 / 36%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [13] = 13

" And that is not going to help my day. " She looks at that glass in a less than happy mood, "I'll need to track the vehicle. in case it gets involved in any criminal activity or the contents compromise my employer. Also, two items can be used to cause harm. I will understand if you have better things to do. If you need me to confirm anything in your report let me know." Dawn looks around for any cameras, or surveillance devices she can hack or access with her Sector 10 status. Then it hits her, If it was Sector 6 on the scene of the crime they could have taken the van.

"I do have one question before you leave. " she pauses and looks at Sable, " Do you know anything about an agency called 'Sector 6'?" she asks as she continues her visual sweep.

"I wonder" she says aloud, "If Sector 6 or those cops took it we can try and track the van and find them. I need to see who took it. " That glass may have a scent, but unless she had a 'who' it was of little use now.

Dawn dials up the Sector 10 people who do the tracking on her phone.
Phone call wrote: "This is Dawn Breaker, I need a trace on a stolen vehicle. The vehicle license plate '456-H734'. There should be a suit of armor in it as well. It may have a tracker. "
Once the call is done she continues checking out the nearby hotel and local buildings. She was looking for cameras with footage of the theft of her vehicle. Dawn also looks for anyone who may have witnessed her van being stolen.

Current Adaption
- does not suffer from dehydration, heat blisters, sunstroke, fatigue, or discomfort usually associated with extreme heat and sun exposure.
- temperatures up to 1 60 degrees Fahrenheit have no ill effect (feels like a warm Spring day)
- only needs the equivalent of two glasses of water (roughly 1 6 ounces) per 24 hours to function at 1 00%
- Even exposure to temperatures up to 200 degrees inflicts only 20% of its normal damage and penalties.

-APS Merury: An attacker must roll a 16 or higher to strike and inflict damage. All kinetic attacks (punches, bullets, etc. ) that inflict damage (from a roll to a strike of 16 or higher) only do half the damage!
Explosions do only 10% of their normal damage, but any explosive damage greater than 50 points will blow the character apart. However, the super being can reform within 1D6 melee rounds (in under two minutes).

- The skin has a Natural A.R. of 14. An opponent's roll to strike must be 15 or higher to inflict damage. Rolls under 14 may hit but do NO damage.

- Heals at a rate of 1d4 Hit Points or S.D.C. per minute 2d4x10 H.P. or S.D.C. per hour for serious injury (heavy trauma, like the character losing all his S.D.C. and/or half or more of his Hit Points Equal to a doctor's surgical skill of 75%

- Heals twice as quickly as an ordinary human

- if the character fails to save, any disease, illness, poison, toxin, or Bio- Manipulation is at half its normal strength, damage, effect, and duration.
Penalties: These bonuses also apply to saves against good lifesaving chemicals and drugs.

-Hypnotic Mental Conditioning
Impervious to possession.

Character sheet
Comsec Music mix:
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (Acid Techno Live Remix)
Iron Maiden - The Trooper (Acid Techno Live Remix)
Sabaton - Gott Mit Uns (Max Subzero Ethereal Party Dance Remix)

Quick post items:
Personal Mission Notes:
Points of contact:
Objectives:
Insertion Method:
Orders given:
Red Sable

Post by Red Sable »

• Base (21%)
  • Vision (day or night) -- 41%
  • Hearing -- 41%
  • Motion -- 26%
d100: [50] = 50
JIC: (100) d100: [67] = 67 -- JIC: (20) d20: [6] = 6
===
"You two want to hurry it up before cops show up?"

Sable stays on guard, but hangs in the background as her allies of circumstance go about their search and banter. She pings the server at her safehouse to do a search after snapping a few pics of each with her eye camera.
Dawn Breaker wrote: "We have three names, one is a senator, a corporal that was on a mission and another a Cop. so that gets us something we can track now. I would love to know about the Beruit mission, and what or who that asset was."
With zero context, she has no idea what any of that meant (not that it was meant for her ears anyway) but her computer chip files it away for future reference. She welcomes the suggestion to regroup, though the choice of venue strikes her as odd. She was having trouble figuring out if they were pros or not. She was getting a little hungry, though.

She takes off on the hoverbike with Robyn Hood to pick up her stashed car. When they arrive at an empty curb with broken glass, she can't help but roll her eyes. They are definitely not pros. "You just left it parked in the open? ... In this neighborhood?"
Dawn Breaker wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 pm " And that is not going to help my day. " She looks at that glass in a less than happy mood, "I'll need to track the vehicle. in case it gets involved in any criminal activity or the contents compromise my employer."
Gina chortles and starts to say something sarcastic about the stolen car being involved in criminal activity after being stolen, but nearly chokes when Dawn finishes the sentence. "You left sensitive intel in the car?
Dawn Breaker wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 pmAlso, two items can be used to cause harm.
..oO(Of course they could. Not my problem. Not my problem.)
Dawn Breaker wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 pm "I will understand if you have better things to do. If you need me to confirm anything in your report let me know."
She did on both counts, but...
Dawn Breaker wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 pm "I do have one question before you leave. " she pauses and looks at Sable, " Do you know anything about an agency called 'Sector 6'?" she asks as she continues her visual sweep.

"I wonder" she says aloud, "If Sector 6 or those cops took it we can try and track the van and find them. I need to see who took it. " That glass may have a scent, but unless she had a 'who' it was of little use now.
Red Sable keeps her game face on, but if that dark corner of her brain had its way, she'd be screaming in panic and shoot Robyn in the head. Though her trust of the stranger plummets.

"What's Sector 6?" she asks with convincing confusion.

But the young vigilante is too focused on her stolen car to answer right away.
Phone call wrote: "This is Dawn Breaker, I need a trace on a stolen vehicle. The vehicle license plate '456-H734'. There should be a suit of armor in it as well. It may have a tracker. "
Ah, I finally have a name.

Sable's brow furrows with concern at the official-sounding request. She's suddenly glad she never introduced herself. And that she's wearing lighter hair color and a composite face that won't trigger any facial recognition cameras. Still maintaining calm, but with a hint of suspicion, she says, "Okay, now I gotta know who the hell do you work for."

She subtly scans her environment with fresh eyes. Her internal radio scans for the signal and tries to intercept the transmission to hear the other side.

Detect Ambush (50%) -- d100: [3] = 3
Detect Concealment (50%) -- d100: [56] = 56
Surveillance Systems (50%) -- d100: [61] = 61
Cryptography (50%) -- d100: [72] = 72
Radio: Basic Communications (65%) -- d100: [61] = 61
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=18917

Red = Bionics
I.Q.: 14
M.E.: 11
M.A.: 13
P.S.: 16 (28)
P.P.: 13 (26)
P.E.: 23
P.B.: 12 (up to 24 depending on Disguise roll)
Speed: 20 (88)

Carry: 560 lbs -- Lift: 1,120 lbs (.5 tons)
Encumbrance: 150 lbs
Standing Jump: 20' x 8.5' (+2'x.5')
Running Jump: 58' x 31.5' (+2' x .5')

HP: 23
SDC: 75
Sex: Female
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145 lbs (250 lbs)
--

Perception -- 21% (+3%)
  • Hearing -- 41%
  • Motion -- 26%

Scholastic Skills
Basic Mathematics -- 40% (+5%)
Pilot Automobile -- 64% (+2%)
Read/Write/Speak English (+20%)

Espionage: Bodyguard/Assassin Skill Program
Detect Ambush -- 50% (+5%)
Detect Concealment -- 50% (+5%)
Sniper, (+1 to strike)
Surveillance Systems -- 50% (+5%)
Tracking -- 45% (+5%)

Espionage: Deep Cover
Cryptography -- 50% (+5%)
Disguise -- 55% (+5%) (+27% from implants)
Escape Artist -- 55% (+5%)
Forgery -- 45% (+5%)
Impersonation -- 43%/29% (+4%) (+10% voice from implant)
Photography -- 55% (+5%)
Radio: Basic Communications -- 65% (+5%)
Acrobatics
Gymnastics
  • 64% +2% per level - Sense of balance
  • 66% +3% per level - Walk tightrope or high wire
  • 66% +3% per level - Work parallel bars & rings
  • 48% +4% per level - Climbing
  • 74% +2% per level - Climb rope
  • 74% +2% per level - Back flip
  • 40% base climb ability (does not increase)
Pilot: Advanced Program
Navigation -- 65% (+5%)
Read Sensory Equipment 55% (+5%)
Aircraft Mechanics 55% (+5%)
Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 76% (+3%)
Pilot Motorcycle 68% (+4%)
Pilot Airplane 58% (+4%)
Pilot Helicopter -- 45% (+5%)

Basic: Language
Speak: 66% (+3%)
Literacy: 50% (+5%)
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • German
  • French
Physical Program
Boxing
Rappelling -- 45% (+5%)
SCUBA -- 35% (+5%)
Wrestling

Secondary Skills
Athletics
Prowl -- 45% (+5%)
Running
Swimming -- 70% (+5%)
Automotive Mechanics 35% (+5%)
Basic Electronics 40% (+5%)
(3rd) First Aid 40% (+5%)
(3rd) Pick Locks 25% (+5%)
--

HTH Type: Martial Arts
Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +3
Strike Bonus: +9
Parry Bonus: +14
Dodge Bonus: +15
Disarm Bonus: +2
HTH Damage Bonus: +13
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +10
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +3

Weapon Proficiencies
W.P. Blunt - +1 to strike and parry at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to strike when thrown at levels 5, 10, and 15; not designed for throwing.
W.P. Knife - +1 to strike at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, and 13. +1 to parry at levels, 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to strike when thrown at levels, 1, 3, 6, 8, 10 and 13.
W.P. Paired Weapons (see RUE p. 327)
W.P. Targeting - +1 to strike at levels, 1, 3, 7, and 10.

Modern Weapons
W.P. Handguns - +1 to strike at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
W.P. Rifles - +1 to strike at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13.
W.P. Shotgun - +1 to strike at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14.
W.P. Sub-Machine Gun - +1 to strike at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15.
W.P. Energy Pistol - +1 to strike at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 16%
Toxins (15+): +4
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
--
Jumpsuit, Light Body Armor (AR: 11, SDC: 120)
Undercover Shirt, Concealed Light Body Armor (AR: 10, SDC: 50)

Glock w/ TI .50 ACE mod
  • Range: 165'
  • Damage: 6D6
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 15 round magazine
  • Weight: 1.5 lbs.
  • Features: W.P. Handguns, 9mm Parabellum cartridge, Laser Targeting (1,200'); fits on pistols & revolvers only
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots
  • Book Reference: Century Station

Polycarbonate Knife
  • Range: Close Combat
  • Damage: 1D6
  • Weight: 1 lb

Nightstick (2)

Pepper Gas/Spray
  • Range: 6 feet
  • Damage: No damage.
  • Penalties: -10 to Strike, Parry and Dodge for 5D4 Minutes.
  • Saving Throw: None.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
  • Payload: 35 shots.
  • Weight: 0.5 oz
Dawn Breaker

Post by Dawn Breaker »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 / 36%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [13] = 13
Red Sable wrote:"You just left it parked in the open? ... In this neighborhood?"
"No, not by choice. I was checking out a crime scene and was put in that capsule you tossed at Rocky. I do have a second chance at that crime scene. They probably scrubbed it well. still worth a shot until that trace goes through" she says plainly. "Guessing you don't get kidnapped often? kidnapers don't normally ask if you would like to move your vehicle from my experience." she grins.
Red Sable wrote: "You left sensitive intel in the car?
"If it gets the plates ID'd it could be a problem yes. also, some hardware was in the vehicle capable of doing damage. An energy rifle and glider that would make another villain for the city." The woman answers plainly.
Red Sable wrote:"What's Sector 6?" she asks with convincing confusion.
"Someone running around killing people and looking for something or someone in my city. " she replies. she is not going to be a help to me. typical of the city's operatives. Suppose it saves agencies from sabotaging one another. Looking at you CIA and FBI...
Red Sable wrote:"Okay, now I gotta know who the hell do you work for."
Now by the response, I hit a nerve. A vehicle being stolen would not set off that reaction. That happens daily in this city. no one who works for Chimera like she does is unaware of who the sector is. If she is Sector 6 I can deal with her now. If she is their prey, then that makes sense. Assets are people or even animals, too.

"You didn't use the magic words." She stops and goes on guard but sounds friendly, One could imagine a smile under the hood, "I did say you would meet my boss. I would rather not say who out loud in this place. We are on the same side, that much I can say. You never know who's listening.Are you the one being hunted by S6? " Dawn Breaker asks as she keeps up her search.

Current Adaption
- does not suffer from dehydration, heat blisters, sunstroke, fatigue, or discomfort usually associated with extreme heat and sun exposure.
- temperatures up to 1 60 degrees Fahrenheit have no ill effect (feels like a warm Spring day)
- only needs the equivalent of two glasses of water (roughly 1 6 ounces) per 24 hours to function at 1 00%
- Even exposure to temperatures up to 200 degrees inflicts only 20% of its normal damage and penalties.

-APS Merury: An attacker must roll a 16 or higher to strike and inflict damage. All kinetic attacks (punches, bullets, etc. ) that inflict damage (from a roll to a strike of 16 or higher) only do half the damage!
Explosions do only 10% of their normal damage, but any explosive damage greater than 50 points will blow the character apart. However, the super being can reform within 1D6 melee rounds (in under two minutes).

- The skin has a Natural A.R. of 14. An opponent's roll to strike must be 15 or higher to inflict damage. Rolls under 14 may hit but do NO damage.

- Heals at a rate of 1d4 Hit Points or S.D.C. per minute 2d4x10 H.P. or S.D.C. per hour for serious injury (heavy trauma, like the character losing all his S.D.C. and/or half or more of his Hit Points Equal to a doctor's surgical skill of 75%

- if the character fails to save, any disease, illness, poison, toxin, or Bio- Manipulation is at half its normal strength, damage, effect, and duration.
Penalties: These bonuses also apply to saves against good lifesaving chemicals and drugs.

Character sheet
Comsec Music mix:

Quick post items:
Personal Mission Notes:
Points of contact:
Objectives:
Insertion Method:
Orders given:
Red Sable

Post by Red Sable »

Dawn Breaker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 pm "No, not by choice. I was checking out a crime scene and was put in that capsule you tossed at Rocky. ...
"Well you could've said that instead of making it sound like we were just doing a pickup."
Dawn Breaker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 pm "Someone running around killing people and looking for something or someone in my city. " she replies.
"I did say you would meet my boss. I would rather not say who out loud in this place. We are on the same side, that much I can say. You never know who's listening.

"Are you the one being hunted by S6?
" Dawn Breaker asks as she keeps up her search.
Sable's demeanor shifts at the change in tone. She studies Dawn a minute as her voice stress analyzer settles her inner debate about whether to take a risk with this chick.

"Yeah," Sable finally decides to say. "I am. But if you're with Sector 10 we have a problem. They were the ones shooting at me after I escaped."

Red = Bionics

--

Perception -- 21% (+3%)
  • Hearing -- 41%
  • Motion -- 26%

Scholastic Skills

Sniper, (+1 to strike)
Tracking -- 45% (+5%)

Forgery -- 45% (+5%)
Photography -- 55% (+5%)
Acrobatics
Gymnastics
Navigation -- 65% (+5%)
Pilot Airplane 58% (+4%)

• Spanish
  • Russian
  • German
  • French
Physical Program
Boxing
Rappelling -- 45% (+5%)
SCUBA -- 35% (+5%)
Wrestling

Secondary Skills
Athletics
Prowl -- 45% (+5%)
Running
Swimming -- 70% (+5%)
--

Weapon Proficiencies
W.P. Blunt - +1 to strike and parry at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to strike when thrown at levels 5, 10, and 15; not designed for throwing.
W.P. Knife - +1 to strike at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, and 13. +1 to parry at levels, 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to strike when thrown at levels, 1, 3, 6, 8, 10 and 13.

Modern Weapons

Saving Throw Bonuses
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
--

Glock w/ TI .50 ACE mod
  • Features: W.P. Handguns, 9mm Parabellum cartridge, Laser Targeting (1,200'); fits on pistols & revolvers only

Polycarbonate Knife

Nightstick (2)

Pepper Gas/Spray
Dawn Breaker

Post by Dawn Breaker »

Red Sable wrote:"Well you could've said that instead of making it sound like we were just doing a pickup."
"I did think the popping out of the capsule was a clue. but no worries. There are strange things in this city. I can think of a few uses for that capsule. It would make moving day easier." she shrugs. and it would move heavy furniture easily.
Red Sable wrote:"Yeah," Sable finally decides to say. "I am. But if you're with Sector 10 we have a problem. They were the ones shooting at me after I escaped."
"That's because they probably think you are S6 or a threat. You would still have a file and be listed as a threat or on a covert operation so others do the dirty work of S6. If it were me I would do that to keep you running. It's much easier and saves bullets at the end of the day." the woman added, Bounties can solve problems fast she thinks.

"You're good now. Our network was attacked and they were looking for an asset. I think it is you. Help us and we can help you. After that, we can arrange for you to disappear and keep you busy. Despite appearances Black Dog and I do more good than harm. Best part? no long underwear and no capes. Do you want some food? I can cover it." She smiles pulling off the mask under the hood*, revealing a liquid face and replacing the hood Pretty sure she needs to see a sign of trust. I would if I were on the run. It is better to show one now

Current Adaption

Character sheet
Comsec Music mix:

Quick post items:
Personal Mission Notes:
Points of contact:
Objectives:
Insertion Method:
Orders given:
Red Sable

Post by Red Sable »

Dawn Breaker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm "You're good now. Our network was attacked and they were looking for an asset. I think it is you. Help us and we can help you. After that, we can arrange for you to disappear and keep you busy. Despite appearances Black Dog and I do more good than harm. Best part? no long underwear and no capes. Do you want some food? I can cover it." She smiles pulling off the mask under the hood*, revealing a liquid face and replacing the hood Pretty sure she needs to see a sign of trust. I would if I were on the run. It is better to show one now
"Someone else knew enough about me to contact me and give me a job pitch. So I might be covered on that front. Speaking of, I have a delivery to make. You work on finding your gear and I'll meet you where your friend told us to meet. I don't know if I trust Sector 10 enough yet. But we'll see."

On that note, Red Sable hops back on the hoverbike and flies to her rendezvous point with CHIMERA.

Red = Bionics

--

Perception -- 21% (+3%)
  • Hearing -- 41%
  • Motion -- 26%

Scholastic Skills

Sniper, (+1 to strike)
Tracking -- 45% (+5%)

Forgery -- 45% (+5%)
Photography -- 55% (+5%)
Acrobatics
Gymnastics
Navigation -- 65% (+5%)
Pilot Airplane 58% (+4%)

• Spanish
  • Russian
  • German
  • French
Physical Program
Boxing
Rappelling -- 45% (+5%)
SCUBA -- 35% (+5%)
Wrestling

Secondary Skills
Athletics
Prowl -- 45% (+5%)
Running
Swimming -- 70% (+5%)
--

Weapon Proficiencies

Modern Weapons

Saving Throw Bonuses
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
--

Glock w/ TI .50 ACE mod

Polycarbonate Knife

Nightstick (2)

Pepper Gas/Spray
Dawn Breaker

Post by Dawn Breaker »

(rolls maintained)
Red Sable wrote:"Someone else knew enough about me to contact me and give me a job pitch. So I might be covered on that front. Speaking of, I have a delivery to make. You work on finding your gear and I'll meet you where your friend told us to meet. I don't know if I trust Sector 10 enough yet. But we'll see."
She listens and nods, "I get that. I worked in corporate before this gig. " She adds, "You need anything just find me. I will help if I can. Whether or not you take my offer. Contact info, an Email I use for dead drops, and such." She gives her the E-mail.

Better to do this as a team and send In the drone first. If Black Dog says the food is good I will need to try it. Dawn thinks as she returns to her task and returns to Black Dog to report her findings when she is finished searching and paying for the food. She orders andouille: smoked pork with wine, garlic & spices.

Current Adaption

Character sheet
Comsec Music mix:

Quick post items:
Personal Mission Notes:
Points of contact:
Objectives:
Insertion Method:
Orders given:
Black Dog
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Black Dog »

Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 /70% (+5% in wide open spaces, +10% when in darkness)
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [30] = 30

Black Dog nods to those who get out of his way,
"Oh! You're not in line?! Well, then don't mind if I do." Black Dog takes his spot in line and asks the brave souls in front, while allowing the glint of his teeth to escape the well of darkness that is his silhouette in the shape of a toothy grin, "Whatchya getting?"

When he gets his turn he orders 5 of everything and two extra of the rabbit-dogs, in case one of the ladies wants something. Alrighty, now which pocket did I put my wallet in? ... Oh Feck, these things don't have pockets! Goddamn superdouche onesies!

"Um, hey any chance I could get the cop discount?" Black Dog asks sheepishly while miming the motion of turning out his empty and non-existent pockets. As if, cops don't even get the cop discount in this town. Black Dog waits, desperately hoping Dawn shows up and pays for his bill. I could snatch and dash but feck it, can't burn a bridge at my fav dog shop.
Eat Your Heart Out; It's Black Dog
~ If it ain't a mess, it'll do till the mess gets here. Just for once I'd like to see all these things sort of straightened out, with each person getting exactly what he deserves. It might give me some confidence in this universe. If being Good brought us to this, of what use was is Goodness? Justice is for victims, hell is for the wicked; sure we can forgive our enemies, but not before they're dead. Revenge is the sweetest morsel that ever was cooked in hell, it's the best we can do for the taken and lost; and, probably goes without saying, if you go in for revenge you should get it done with extreme finality. ~
~ I looked long into the abyss and sure enough it stared back; but the lack of light just made me laugh; it may be dark, I am darker still; darker than the deepest black. ~
excerpts from A Dog's Life, by Tom Regan
by way of Walter Scott, Heinrich Heine, Robert Barr, Cormac McCarthy and Joseph Heller.
Dawn Breaker

Post by Dawn Breaker »

Black Dog wrote:"Oh! You're not in line?! Well, then don't mind if I do." Black Dog takes his spot in line and asks the brave souls in front, while allowing the glint of his teeth to escape the well of darkness that is his silhouette in the shape of a toothy grin, "Whatchya getting?"
I can imagine Black Dog in a long lineup already. And I do need his nose. she thinks with a grin still holding the phone as she heads toward him. That food smells good.
Black Dog wrote:"Um, hey any chance I could get the cop discount?" Black Dog asks sheepishly while miming the motion of turning out his empty and non-existent pockets. As if, cops don't even get the cop discount in this town. Black Dog waits, desperately hoping Dawn shows up and pays for his bill. I could snatch and dash but feck it, can't burn a bridge at my fav dog shop.
Once there pull out a credit card and pay for the food. one of the kinds used in the field and traced to a dummy account if lost. She did set it up to draw on her main account secretly. She does not react to the cost and shrugs. if she was going to spend cash she might as well pay for a friend.

"Our new friend has a delivery to make. in the meantime, I am getting a trace on my stolen vehicle. " she says, "This leaves us to our original mission, I think I have a plan. I believe I know 'who' he is after. All we need to do is let him know we have her. and set a trap for him. Announcing her capture and putting out an ID Check for her in the system should be enough to tell him. While the trace happens we could check out that crime scene and get the report from the CSPD. Does that sound like a plan to you, BD?" she asks listening to the phone.

Current Adaption

Character sheet
Comsec Music mix:

Quick post items:
Personal Mission Notes:
Points of contact:
Objectives:
Insertion Method:
Orders given:
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Ill-Fitted
Bespoke, 982 Mulberry Street, Drummond*
Time: 7:15 PM

With her mission more or less accomplished, Red Sable hops on her hovercycle and heads back to Bespoke. She pulls her bike into the alley behind the store and parks near the entrance to the tube she flew out of earlier. After a beat, the tube opens, and Red flies the bike into the hanger.

Mr. Carmichael is waiting for her, still in his bespoke suit suit, though the tie has been slackened and his pocketsquare is wrapped around his hand. He uses the wrapped hand to lead the hovercycle to a charging station. Once the hovercycle is locked in place, he gently folds the square and tucks it into his pocket. "You are back earlier than expected," he says. "Is that a good thing or bad?"

"The Miss will want to hear more about this upstairs," he says leading Red Sable back to the Stock Room.

The woman red from the zoo is standing over a counter. This time she is sporting a more comfortable pair of cargo pants with a heavy utility belt. She pulls back a lock of red hair as she pores over data on her tablet. Her head jerks up as she hears the sound of footsteps. She gives a smile to Carmichael, and then says to Red Sable, "If you're here now, something must have gone sideways. Tell me everything."

The woman keeps a poker face as listens to Red Sable detail what happened at the docks. "This is suboptimal, but it sounds like you acquitted yourself well enough. You survived, which is impressive on its own. In fact, that has earned you a more permanent job if you're interested. By the way, the name is Enigma."
The Weiner Circle
Hossage Sausages, 2773 Payne Boulevard, Kerguelen
Time: 8:30 PM

Dawn Breaker's phone call to Sector 10 doesn't yield any information on who stole her van. "We don't have a trace on your van; you're on your own."

After Red Sable leaves her, Dawn walks around the neighborhood. This part of Kerguelen may as well be the moon. No one is walking down these streets after sunset, and the few cars that pass by don't slow down for anything. Likewise, this isn't a neighborhood that has any security cameras pointed towards the streets. Most of the buildings are vacants, and the few that are occupied keep their cameras pointed at their lobbies. So she walks all the way to her meat up with Black Dog.

She pays for his food and sits down to join him for a meal of gourmet tubes of cured meat.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
Dawn Breaker

Post by Dawn Breaker »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 36%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [80] = 80

before heading to Black Dog's position:
Chimera wrote:Dawn Breaker's phone call to Sector 10 doesn't yield any information on who stole her van. "We don't have a trace on your van; you're on your own."
If she could get a bit of luck finding her ride and Find them they may be able to point her assassin or where he went. then find Black Dog and dish out some pain on the perp. They can't track a vehicle with one of their beacons in it? no wonder they can't catch one guy.

groups could use a truck like hers to smuggle or transport contraband, weapons, or other items. looking for footprints and directions on the tire tracks where the van was she thinks if I can follow them and get a location. I wonder if I can steal it back? and if the mutant can, she will return it.

Van tracking effort
Skills:
Business and Finance 1d100: [49] = 49 /75%
Research 1d100: [80] = 80 /90%
Intelligence 1d100: [29] = 29 /60%
Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [96] = 96 /54%
Tracking People : 1d100: [19] = 19 / 55%

At Black dogs position:
Once done tracking her van and makes her way to Black Dog to call the 'home office' and if unable to recover it report her van stolen. After a call to the CSPD to report her van stolen she calls Blade on a secured line trying to find a quiet area with some privacy.

"I did make an effort to track direction on the van hoping the ambushers took it or someone with a lead did. she says taking another bite.

I am more concerned about the Laser rifle and glider if they were in the van. I would hate to have to be on the receiving end of them. In the meantime, I will need to get some non-descript transport. Dawn says, but not dwelling on it.

"Good news and bad news, I'll start with the bad, while investigating the crime scene Black Dog and I were scooped up in a Pokeball-like device as we were about to get some quick recon in before breaching and for five hours sitting in an auction at Napier Bay. That seems to be resolved but there is some tech we may need to keep an eye out for.

"A Lt. Walker was also seen leaving the crime scene we were sent to. He might have been involved in the incident. We should look him up I think he was CSPD." She takes a bite and swallows a bite quietly. food Good food. I will have to remember this place. noting the location

"The good news, is I also found two names in a document about a failed mission in Beruit. I think the mission is connected. I will send you a copy of the document I found about the S-6 trials for the Beruit mission. Senator James Yamamoto and Richard Havensport are the two. I think Havenport is or knows who our attacker is." she pauses.
Computer skill:
Computer Operation 1d100: [59] = 59 /85%
CourtBot9000.cs wrote:
Senator James Yamamoto: "Please repeat, for the record, what Sector 6 was doing in Beirut again?"
Corporal Richard Havensport: "We were sent to REDACTED the REDACTED and return to REDACTED for REDACTED. The local military did not know of our presence because of REDACTED and REDACTED. We managed to retrieve the asset but were intercepted when REDACTED, REDACTED, and REDACTED were made aware of our presence."

" Better, is I know who our assassin is after. She was jumpy and being hunted by S-6. Leary about Sector-10, so I suspect S-6 listed her as a threat to get us to keep her on the run. She pauses to see if the document was sent

"I do have an idea to catch him. We report we have her and set a trap somewhere to keep him contained to take him down. Blackdog is here and we should be able to manage with another team on stand-by to back us up." she finishes.
Last edited by Dawn Breaker on Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current Adaption

Character sheet
Comsec Music mix:

Quick post items:
Personal Mission Notes:
Points of contact:
Objectives:
Insertion Method:
Orders given:
Red Sable

Post by Red Sable »

CHIMERA wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:23 am The woman keeps a poker face as listens to Red Sable detail what happened at the docks. "This is suboptimal, but it sounds like you acquitted yourself well enough. You survived, which is impressive on its own. In fact, that has earned you a more permanent job if you're interested. By the way, the name is Enigma."
"Well, hey. A girl's got bills to pay, so I appreciate the offer. I might have a competing offer, though. These guys work for Sector 10, which until now I assumed was part of the problem. But they seemed to refer to Sector 6 in an unfriendly light, so I'm intrigued. It's more intel on them than I've gotten out of you. I've got to ask, when you contacted me, how much did you know about me? If it's as much as I suspect, you know what I'm after. And it's not just a paycheck."

Red = Bionics

--

Perception -- 21% (+3%)
  • Hearing -- 41%
  • Motion -- 26%

Scholastic Skills

Sniper, (+1 to strike)
Tracking -- 45% (+5%)

Forgery -- 45% (+5%)
Photography -- 55% (+5%)
Acrobatics
Gymnastics
Navigation -- 65% (+5%)
Pilot Airplane 58% (+4%)

• Spanish
  • Russian
  • German
  • French
Physical Program
Boxing
Rappelling -- 45% (+5%)
SCUBA -- 35% (+5%)
Wrestling

Secondary Skills
Athletics
Prowl -- 45% (+5%)
Running
Swimming -- 70% (+5%)
--

Weapon Proficiencies

Modern Weapons

Saving Throw Bonuses
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
--

Glock w/ TI .50 ACE mod

Polycarbonate Knife

Nightstick (2)

Pepper Gas/Spray
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Ill-Fitted
Bespoke, 982 Mulberry Street, Drummond
Time: 7:16 PM
Red Sable wrote:"Well, hey... it's not just a paycheck."
"No, it's not," Enigma replies, though the benefits are nice. But people like us get into this business for personal reasons. We can help you find out who erased your memory and who you were before."

"Sector 10," Enigma adds with a sigh, "is another issue." She looks back at the computer monitor behind her and quickly reads on of the feeds. She shakes her head and look backs at Red. "They're supposed to our allies, but they have their own secret agenda. They would kill CHIMERA agents if it furthered their goals."

"Wait, did you say Sector 6 too?" Enigma turns back to the computer monitor and opens another window. "They're not even supposed to be working on US soil. Just one more spinning plate to balance, I suppose." She looks up with a wry smile. "So what do you say? I got a team that could use someone with your particular skills. And on the side, we'll find out more about your past."

The Weiner Circle
Time: 8:31 PM
Dawn Breaker wrote:"Good news and bad news... we should be able to manage with another team on stand-by to back us up."
There is a pregnant pause on the other line of the radio. "That video clip has been public for several years, and it contains no intel of value. Senator Yamamoto retired from Congress last year and we have kept close tabs on Cpl. Havensport. It sounds like you did not recover anything of value. Return back to our rendezvous point immediately for your next assignment." Before Dawn can reply, the line goes dead.

Dawn finishes her sausage. A half dozen teenagers crawl out of a car too small to fit them all and walk up to the stand. A young woman with dirty blonde hair and wearing an oversized letterman jacket places the order of food for the group. Or at least she tries. "I want two all pork Polish sausages, one with-"

"I want hot mustard on mine Erin!" one of the boys in her group shouts.

"Right. One with hot mustard, and the other-"

"Make sure mine has extra sauerkraut!" another boy interrupts.

It goes on like this. And when they are not shouting their orders to Erin they are making loud and lewd jokes about the new student teacher, Ms. Taschmann. Oh, the youths.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
Red Sable

Post by Red Sable »

• Base (21%)
  • Hearing -- 41%
  • Motion -- 26%
d100: [81] = 81
JIC: (100) d100: [8] = 8 -- JIC: (20) d20: [20] = 20
===
CHIMERA wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:53 am "Sector 10," Enigma adds with a sigh, "is another issue." She looks back at the computer monitor behind her and quickly reads on of the feeds. She shakes her head and look backs at Red. "They're supposed to our allies, but they have their own secret agenda. They would kill CHIMERA agents if it furthered their goals."
"Well that tracks, because they tried to kill me last time we met. Now I'm glad I didn't end up going with those guys."
CHIMERA wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:53 am "Wait, did you say Sector 6 too?" Enigma turns back to the computer monitor and opens another window. "They're not even supposed to be working on US soil. Just one more spinning plate to balance, I suppose." She looks up with a wry smile. "So what do you say? I got a team that could use someone with your particular skills. And on the side, we'll find out more about your past."
Gina narrowed her eyes at Enigma. "Okay, so... I guess we need full disclosure here after all, just so we're on the same page. Unless the creepy old man from Poltergeist was gaslighting me--which is entirely possible, I suppose--I was Sector 6. If you knew I didn't have any memories of my past, I figured you had to know that, too. I tend to believe at least that much of what they told me, otherwise why would they implant me with ten bajillion dollars worth of nanotech to keep me alive? Granted, I don't know if that all happened on US soil, or if it happened overseas and they shipped me here. But I definitely escaped from a hospital here in Century."

She pauses for the other woman to process that. ((assuming there's an exchange here, she pays close attention to her voice analyzer and zooms her microcamera in on Enigma's pupils to gauge her sincerity)).

"If you're still good with me, knowing all that, I'm in. Just try to give me more intel or better prep time on the next job."

Red = Bionics

--

Perception -- 21% (+3%)
  • Hearing -- 41%
  • Motion -- 26%

Scholastic Skills

Sniper, (+1 to strike)
Tracking -- 45% (+5%)

Forgery -- 45% (+5%)
Photography -- 55% (+5%)
Acrobatics
Gymnastics
Navigation -- 65% (+5%)
Pilot Airplane 58% (+4%)

• Spanish
  • Russian
  • German
  • French
Physical Program
Boxing
Rappelling -- 45% (+5%)
SCUBA -- 35% (+5%)
Wrestling

Secondary Skills
Athletics
Prowl -- 45% (+5%)
Running
Swimming -- 70% (+5%)
--

Weapon Proficiencies

Modern Weapons

Saving Throw Bonuses
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
--

Glock w/ TI .50 ACE mod

Polycarbonate Knife

Nightstick (2)

Pepper Gas/Spray
Dawn Breaker

Post by Dawn Breaker »

Perception: 1d100: [75] = 75 / 36%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [50] = 50
to locate a seller for a car:
Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [65] = 65 /58%
Intelligence 1d100: [17] = 17 /64%
Interrogation 1d100: [9] = 9 /65% (to gauge the information and source, not interrogate per say)
Business and Finance 1d100: [29] = 29 /80%
"That video clip has been public for several years, and it contains no intel of value. Senator Yamamoto retired from Congress last year and we have kept close tabs on Cpl. Havensport. It sounds like you did not recover anything of value. Return back to our rendezvous point immediately for your next assignment." Before Dawn can reply, the line goes dead.
I need to read up on the Senator and see what we have on Cpl. Havensport and that police officer that sold the pods. So that should be the immediate task outside of work. she thinks.

"Well, looks like a new assignment, here is hoping we get to mangle up car thieves." she grins, "Let's be careful though, considering that crime scene was full of crooked cops with nice tech. would hate to get killed by being sloppy. " she says to BD and thinks to herself And in case sector 10 decides to pull a fast one. they did fire on a target for sector 6 and did not attempt to capture her. which makes me wonder how much they know. At least I have that cash from Big Joe's apartment it could be useful. There is probably a guy or shop around who sells stolen vehicles.

The group ordering caught her attention and she started to consider how to get a vehicle nice people and that poor teacher probably deserves better.

"BD, this your city where can we buy a cheap and reliable vehicle? Otherwise, we are walking," she adds with a smirk considering options.

Current Adaption

Character sheet
Comsec Music mix:

Quick post items:
Personal Mission Notes:
Points of contact:
Objectives:
Insertion Method:
Orders given:
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Red Sable - Ill-Fitted
Bespoke, 982 Mulberry Street, Drummond*
Time: 7:16 PM
Red Sable wrote:"Okay, so... I definitely escaped from a hospital here in Century."
"Just you?" Enigma asks with a hint of relief. "I'm sorry, I thought you meant that there were Sector 6 agents on the ground aside from you*." She then leans forward and examines Red Sable carefully. "Your augmentations look like they could be Sector 6's work, but if you don't mind, I'd like to have our doctor examine you. He has a knack for recognizing the work of shadowy organizations."
Red Sable wrote:"If you're still good with me, knowing all that, I'm in. Just try to give me more intel or better prep time on the next job"
Enigma lets a hearty chuckle as she pats Red Sable on the back. "Don't we all. Unfortunately, you'll be joining one of our public facing rapid response teams."

If Red gives Enigma a concerned look, she reassures her, "Don't worry, you won't have to do any PR, and we'll give you a cover identity to protect you."

Leading Red to a polished Avtran hovertruck, Enigma says, "Welcome to the Omegas! I'll introduce you to the team in the morning."

YOUR ADVENTURE CONTINUES HERE!!!

Dawn Breaker and Black Dog - The Weiner Circle
Time: 8:31 PM

WIP

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”