Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [25*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [30] = 30

Conditions:
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


"Hmmm..." Rufus hums as he reaches out with his arcane senses, his eyes closed shut. "There's a ley line not too far off in... that direction," he points to the north. "If Calvin or Rory can sense it, you can bet Teres the Adventure Gal is going to want to go explore." He opens his eyes and shrugs. "Truth be told, though, I actually need to spend a couple of days on one myself. We ley line mages need to periodically spend time communing with lines to keep ourselves in thaumaturgical alignment with the harmonics of..." he pauses and clears his throat.

"Sorry. Basically, we need magical tune-ups every so often -- and I'm long overdue." He shakes his head. "But first things first. We need to find some leads on Lemurians."
Consumer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:01 amIt takes jason a few tries to get out what he’s trying to say, but once it’s clear to the provisioner what Jason is asking, he speaks up. ”You’re in it. The town is only a few districts, Docks, Residential, Industrial, and the fringe. As for the rest, not so much, we’re a pretty accepting people. I’d personally avoid the Fringe, full of thieves and such. No, no libraries or academies, and as for shrines or temples.. There’s one on the eastern edge of the dock area.” The Provisioner says. With a wave farewell the group leaves the warehouse and ends up on the street once more.

Vlad is the next to speak up. ”I’m going to go back to the boat. This has been enough outside for me today.” Vlad says as he shifts into a raven and flies off. Jessie for her part shrugs. ”I’m just along for the ride really. You guys want to go get food, I’m down with that.” The Valkyrie says.
"So that's a 'no' on lunch from Vlad, I guess..." Rufus mutters. "Alright, we're looking for a place that offers hot steaks and cold brews. Let's see what's available..." He mutters a couple of helpful incantations
"Tongues" (12 PPE) to better understand/converse with others, and "Eyes of Thoth" (8 PPE) to understand written languages such as signs, maps, and menus
and begins searching signage, standing maps (hopefully there are still "YOU ARE HERE" map signs in the future), and even asking local authorities/non-food business owners for recommendations until they find themselves an appropriate establishment.

Once they're seated with cold brews in hand he lets out a sigh. "Okay... so the good news is that we're in a friendly port with a berthing for a week and groceries on the way. The bad news is that we're striking out on finding leads about the Lemurians unless the others have had much better luck than we have..." He snorts softly. Nah, they'd have radioed us by now if they had. "So let's review. No libraries, and no academies. Plus I haven't seen the first sign that says 'Lemurian Expert on Duty' anywhere around here. So who else might be in a position to have information we could use? Since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, maybe? Oceanographers? Shipping companies that do trade with far off cities? Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites? Maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things?" He pulls a sip from his drink. "I don't suppose this place has an airport? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air."

He falls silent for a moment, as if trying to wring any better ideas out of his brain, before looking at Jason and Jessie. "Any ideas, you two? Any other options we could look into?"
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: 1d100: [20] = 20

Rory continues to follow the lead of the other two as Calvin makes his purchases.

Not bad, not bad. Now, most of the woodworking gear we want will be able to fit in the dimensional pocket in my backpack, so I'm not going to have to worry about carrying so much weight round. Which means we can do that as soon as we check out the armorers, then start looking for Lemurians.

"Okay. Looks like we got a good start on this. Next step checking fer armorers?"

She looks to Teres for a lead on that at a similar time to Teres expressing her interest in the same.

"Right you are." she chuckles. "Now we have some idea on where we are in relation ta everything around us, the next step is ta make sure we can survive the search, yeah?"

She hefts her backpack.

"If we see anywhere selling woodworking tools on the way, we can make their day. And while exchanging my credit fer their tools and a chunk of gratitude, we can ask fer any leads on the Lemurians. If we find some armorers first, we can do the same with them - pay fer repairs and see if we can acquire some information. Make sense?"

She starts to whistle happily, then stops.

"Sorry, shouldn't do that. Whistlin' is almost guaranteed ta annoy someone. An' thinkin' of annoyin' people, just in case ye don't realize, the best person ta be doin' the talking has gotta be one o' you two. Much as I think o' meself as being social, I'm well aware o' the fact that people don't warm ta me as fast as they do ta the likes of Calvin here, or you, Teres."

She shrugs.

"So, armor, then woodworking. Unless we see a hardware shop first. Let's go!"

As she starts to walk she looks pensive.

If we can't find a place that can repair armor, I can do it myself if we find a ley line. It'd be nice to have it done before we leave here, though. The day you walk into the wilderness with damaged armor is the day you meet a reason for wearing armor. Woodworking is good for me, but it's a bonus, not a necessity. A ley line, though...

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 159/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 37/50

Weapons:
In backpack: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike
/*.0
.
Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [71] = 71 %
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [20] = 20

Condition: Babelfish- 1d100: [49] = 49 %
Consumer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:01 am Vlad is the next to speak up. ”I’m going to go back to the boat. This has been enough outside for me today.” Vlad says as he shifts into a raven and flies off. Jessie for her part shrugs. ”I’m just along for the ride really. You guys want to go get food, I’m down with that.” The Valkyrie says.
Jason smiles as Vlad leaves. Well, I at least got him out for a bit. Taking in the sights as they find somewhere to get the mentioned steaks and beer.

When the first beer arrives, Jason raises a glass to Jesse. "Here's to our captain for getting us this far and putting up with us, Cheers!" He settles back and listens to Rufus' ideas.

The lack of intel is frustrating to him. "So far, we have been asking where the Lemurrians are. Which isn't getting us very far. I think we should also start asking more about them as a people. We know next to nothing about them, so its hard to get in their heads to see how they think." He takes a long pull from his beer. "That's why I was hoping for a library or academy. If we knew more about them as a whole, we could find a better way of contacting them. Come to think of it. It may be better to ask around more openly to speak with a Lemurrian. If they are that secretive, letting them be the ones to make contact couldn't hurt."

As the meal continues, Jason bounces ideas back and forth with Rufus. "I think you might be onto something with shipping businesses. If they exist, one might have a way to get messages or deliveries back and forth to the city. If so, we could always just send a message to Kiri-Kiri to let him know that the couriers are in the area."

After their meal is complete, Jason asks Rufus and Jesse if they would mind checking out the shrine area with him. If they agree, that's where they head next.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Docks District; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Date: May 30, 12:40 PM (2 hours has passed)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Group 1
Calvin, Rory, Teres

The trio continues to converse for a bit, going over what they’d like to do.
Teres wrote:"So, we have a map. Seems to me that is a start. Our next logical stop is the bookstores and shops A Lemurian would likely go to or have an interest in. They would look for information that was hard to get. That means they may know the shopkeepers or local sailors... Maybe we will get lucky and that map will be a way to them. The bookstores should have something to help with that map. I'm pretty sure the bookstores may have other useful info on sea life and people living in the sea and their customs... And that armorer can probably wait until we find our contact. Hmm, maybe I should see them first. just in case?"
Calvin wrote:"I know nothing about them and don't really have any intuition as to start guessing... Book stores would be a good start. However, you remember the dream vision I had? I was in a dark, hot jungle with humidity. In the distance, hidden by the foliage, I could hear many things crashing through the brush chasing something. I had a feeling if we didn't stop the chase, life would be a lot more difficult... We will probably need to find an armorer before we go out of the immediate town and adventure again too. Let's get to it."
Rory wrote:"Okay. Looks like we got a good start on this. Next step checking fer armorers?.. Right you are... Now we have some idea on where we are in relation ta everything around us, the next step is ta make sure we can survive the search, yeah?.. If we see anywhere selling woodworking tools on the way, we can make their day. And while exchanging my credit fer their tools and a chunk of gratitude, we can ask fer any leads on the Lemurians. If we find some armorers first, we can do the same with them - pay fer repairs and see if we can acquire some information. Make sense?.. Sorry, shouldn't do that. Whistlin' is almost guaranteed ta annoy someone. An' thinkin' of annoyin' people, just in case ye don't realize, the best person ta be doin' the talking has gotta be one o' you two. Much as I think o' meself as being social, I'm well aware o' the fact that people don't warm ta me as fast as they do ta the likes of Calvin here, or you, Teres... So, armor, then woodworking. Unless we see a hardware shop first. Let's go!"
Having passed a pair of shops that seemed like they sold armor, it made the most sense to go there first, this is followed by a bit of a search for a place that sells wood working tools. All the while Calvin keeps an eye out for bookstores, while politely conversing with the locals for some information.
Rory and Teres, make a decision on what you want to buy, and note it in your next post. ~Consumer

Calvinfinds out the following things over the next hour or two. There is no bookstore per say, just some places happen to have a small collection of books for sale among other things, and he has no luck finding a dictionary or anything short of a pile of fiction novels. As for the other things Calvin is investigating, he finds that the only real requirement to enter the residential area is to not be an undesirable, likely meaning poor or a trouble maker, it seems other than that travel around the city is generally unrestricted. As for his attempt to see what else he can learn from the map, it doesn’t really offer a view of the area outside of Port Moresby, so no luck on learning paths around the outside of the city. Calvin notes that the wall only seems to surround what the city considers the residential district.

Woodworking Tools
Woodcarving Kit
  • Contains all the necessary knives, files, and chisels to work as a wood carver, all in a waterproof canvas pouch.
  • Weight: 5 lbs.
  • Cost: 500 credits.

Basic Woodworking Toolbox
  • Contains all the necessary tools to perform minor woodworking chores/repairs, not suitable for construction. All is contained in a metal tool box.
  • Weight: 30 lbs.
  • Cost: 1,500 credits.

Advanced Woodworking Toolbox
  • Contains all the necessary tools to work as a carpenter on the go, minus anything too big to fit in the metal tool chest.
  • Weight: 50 lbs.
  • Cost: 3,000 credits.


Armor Available:
LEWS-9 Light Environmental Wet Suit (15,000 credits (+3,000 credits w/ boots); WB07: Underseas pg 137)
MEWS-10 Medium Environmental Wet Suit (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 139)
Navy Body Armor (40,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
US Marine Combat Armor (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
HA-6 "Frontiersman" Body Armor (30,000 credits; WB08: Japan pg 186)
Trapper Body Armor (13,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 173)
Battleforge Body Armor (45,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 174)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: Military flightsuit (12,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 207)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: M.D.C. Flak Vest (17,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 208)
Urban Warrior Padded Environmental Body Armor (35,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)
Plastic-Man Full Environmental Body Armor (18,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)
Huntsman Plate & Padded Armor (24,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)
Bushman Full Composite Environmental Body Armor (32,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)


Group 2
Jason and Rufus
Rufus wrote:"Hmmm... There's a ley line not too far off in... that direction, If Calvin or Rory can sense it, you can bet Teres the Adventure Gal is going to want to go explore. Truth be told, though, I actually need to spend a couple of days on one myself. We ley line mages need to periodically spend time communing with lines to keep ourselves in thaumaturgical alignment with the harmonics of... Sorry. Basically, we need magical tune-ups every so often -- and I'm long overdue. But first things first. We need to find some leads on Lemurians."

"So that's a 'no' on lunch from Vlad, I guess... Alright, we're looking for a place that offers hot steaks and cold brews. Let's see what's available..."
The search for an appropriate dining establishment takes a little bit, but with Rufus’ particular magical talents, he’s able to figure out a place that will cater to their needs. It’s the kind of place captains meet with clients, thus having a slightly elevated atmosphere versus the other local eateries. Between Rufus and Jessie, the trio is able to order their meals and beverages, a local brew of beer that has a slightly sweet aftertaste.
Rufus wrote:"Okay... so the good news is that we're in a friendly port with a berthing for a week and groceries on the way. The bad news is that we're striking out on finding leads about the Lemurians unless the others have had much better luck than we have... So let's review. No libraries, and no academies. Plus I haven't seen the first sign that says 'Lemurian Expert on Duty' anywhere around here. So who else might be in a position to have information we could use? Since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, maybe? Oceanographers? Shipping companies that do trade with far off cities? Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites? Maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things? I don't suppose this place has an airport? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any ideas, you two? Any other options we could look into?"
Jason wrote:"So far, we have been asking where the Lemurrians are. Which isn't getting us very far. I think we should also start asking more about them as a people. We know next to nothing about them, so its hard to get in their heads to see how they think. That's why I was hoping for a library or academy. If we knew more about them as a whole, we could find a better way of contacting them. Come to think of it. It may be better to ask around more openly to speak with a Lemurrian. If they are that secretive, letting them be the ones to make contact couldn't hurt. I think you might be onto something with shipping businesses. If they exist, one might have a way to get messages or deliveries back and forth to the city. If so, we could always just send a message to Kiri-Kiri to let him know that the couriers are in the area."
Jessie speaks up. ”We’ve been sitting on the Lemurian sighting for like two months… I know it’s not our fault for having gotten the info from such a distance away, but I imagine that lead growing colder the longer we take. I would suggest asking the locals if they’ve seen Lemurians in the recent past, and maybe heading towards that ship breaking yard to ask there as well. Port Moresby seems a great place to base camp though.” Jessie says before taking a long pull of her beer.

”We may be able to buy cheaply or rent a land vehicle and make the trip overland.” Jessie notes.

What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.)
Rufus:
Rory: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Teres Barton: Wrangler Riding Armor 17/85 M.D.C.
Calvin Wallace:
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [77] = 77 %
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [51] = 51
Consumer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:20 am Jessie speaks up. ”We’ve been sitting on the Lemurian sighting for like two months… I know it’s not our fault for having gotten the info from such a distance away, but I imagine that lead growing colder the longer we take. I would suggest asking the locals if they’ve seen Lemurians in the recent past, and maybe heading towards that ship breaking yard to ask there as well. Port Moresby seems a great place to base camp though.” Jessie says before taking a long pull of her beer.

”We may be able to buy cheaply or rent a land vehicle and make the trip overland.” Jessie notes.
Jason freezes for a moment, then slowly lowers his beer. How the hell did I forget about that sighting report. Dammit! "Jesse, you are absolutely right. That sighting report slipped my mind for some reason and I didn't realize that this was the correct area for it. In fact..." Jason finishes his beer and signals for the server. "Might as well start now. " He waits patiently for the server to come over. When they do he asks, "Another round of beers, please. And some information. Do you know if there are any Lemurians in the area or who we should ask about them?" Whether or not they have information, Jason tips them well.

After they finish, Jason explains to Rufus and Jesse that he still wants to check out the Shrine area next. As they walk, Jason keeps an eye out for anything like a news stand, figuring that in a smaller town, they would know of anything worth knowing. If he finds someone who fits the bill, he asks them about Lemurians.

Finally when they get to the shrine, pays his respects and asks about the deities honored there.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d100 < 58%: [42] = 42
JIC: 1d100: [78] = 78 | 1d20: [19] = 19
Consumer wrote: Having passed a pair of shops that seemed like they sold armor, it made the most sense to go there first, this is followed by a bit of a search for a place that sells wood working tools. All the while Calvin keeps an eye out for bookstores, while politely conversing with the locals for some information.
Rory and Teres, make a decision on what you want to buy, and note it in your next post. ~Consumer

Calvin finds out the following things over the next hour or two. There is no bookstore per say, just some places happen to have a small collection of books for sale among other things, and he has no luck finding a dictionary or anything short of a pile of fiction novels. As for the other things Calvin is investigating, he finds that the only real requirement to enter the residential area is to not be an undesirable, likely meaning poor or a trouble maker, it seems other than that travel around the city is generally unrestricted. As for his attempt to see what else he can learn from the map, it doesn’t really offer a view of the area outside of Port Moresby, so no luck on learning paths around the outside of the city. Calvin notes that the wall only seems to surround what the city considers the residential district.
Aight, we got the lay of the land, buth otherwise this seems to be another seemingly dead end. This is a shipping town and a resupply port. Any reason that Lemurians would have had to stick around for would be to conduct some kind of business. We can try staking out more respectable establishments and maybe track foot traffic? Or they could have wandered off outside of town... Why would semi aquatic deebees travel inland though? That doesn't make sense.

At least we found some resupply stores. I'm broke, so I'll probably ask for a grenade budget when I meet up with the leadership. Maybe someone can spot me a horse too.


Calvin turns to Teres and Rory:

"We can keep canvasing Port Moresby for signs. I think however, now that we have a map, we can go back to Jason and Rufus and map out a systematic approach to the town. Maybe we'll run across something, maybe we wouldn't. But at least we'd have a process of elimination. I'm gonna radio those two and see where they are at."

(Radio Basic: 1d100 < 68%: [46] = 46 )

Rufus, Jason. We've done some basic window shopping and did get a decent lay of the town and where to resupply. Where are you guys? We should head your way and figure out our next steps.

Calvin waits for a response.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 17%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [43] = 43
Babal fish:
1d100: [57] = 57 /50%
1d100: [46] = 46 / 50%
HA-6 "Frontiersman" Body Armor (30,000 credits; WB08: Japan pg 186)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: Military flight suit (12,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 207)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: M.D.C. Flak Vest (17,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 208)
Battleforge Body Armor (45,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 174)
Navy Body Armor (40,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
US Marine Combat Armor (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
MEWS 10
total: 244,000


Seeing the suits she spots several she likes. Two also grab her attention. The US Marine and New Navy armor seem to have an interest. New navy? Jason was interested in them. I'll grab that and the US marine suit as well. She thinks as she notices some of the styling as both being combat-related.

Tapping her translator in place the Psi-druid looks at the suits considers and decides to buy a few. It would be best to have a spare just in case. The ex-Psi-battalion trooper thought as she pointed to the ones she wanted.

I'll have the Battleforged, New navy, US marine, a Mews 10, HA-6 frontiersman, that flight suit and flak vest” Teres says with a smile pointing to each suit. I would love a spare diving suit. But priorities. And I get the impression dive suits won't be hard to find in coastal areas. If we need more of them the psi-druid thinks.
MEWS-10 Medium Environmental Wet Suit (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 139)
Navy Body Armor (40,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
US Marine Combat Armor (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
HA-6 "Frontiersman" Body Armor (30,000 credits; WB08: Japan pg 186)
Battleforge Body Armor (45,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 174)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: Military flightsuit (12,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 207)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: M.D.C. Flak Vest (17,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 208)
Total: 244,000 Credits


I was curious about that new navy and US marine suit. Can you tell me anything about who made them? I am a bit of an armorer myself. Hobby and essential repairs mostly. Oh and has anyone come in mentioning Lumerian sighting out of curiosity?” she asks as she hands over the credits.
Calvin wrote:"We can keep canvasing Port Moresby for signs. I think however, now that we have a map, we can go back to Jason and Rufus and map out a systematic approach to the town. Maybe we'll run across something, maybe we wouldn't. But at least we'd have a process of elimination. I'm gonna radio those two and see where they are at."


Sounds good enough to me until we get a specific person to look for. We can canvas and stop to ask any locals of interest as we return to the boat. Both Rory and I have items to put away. I want to get into this new flight suit and Frontiersman suit.” she adds with grin “If I can wear the flight suit under it.” she offers.

Once at the boat with the group with Ruffas and Jason she shows them the New navy and US Marine armor. "I saw these, I thought they might be interesting to you, or at least a nice collector piece. I have a new suit to try on. be right back"
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [59*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [48] = 48

Conditions:
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Consumer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:20 am Jessie speaks up. ”We’ve been sitting on the Lemurian sighting for like two months… I know it’s not our fault for having gotten the info from such a distance away, but I imagine that lead growing colder the longer we take. I would suggest asking the locals if they’ve seen Lemurians in the recent past, and maybe heading towards that ship breaking yard to ask there as well. Port Moresby seems a great place to base camp though.” Jessie says before taking a long pull of her beer.

”We may be able to buy cheaply or rent a land vehicle and make the trip overland.” Jessie notes.
"Fair points," Rufus nods as he takes a pull of his own beer. "I guess floating cities don't necessarily stay in one place like those on land. Makes sense now that I think about it." She's not wrong on the 'base camp' idea either... he adds to himself. Seems like a big enough hub for trade and travel. Convenient ley line nearby. They don't seem to mind d-bees either.
Jason Long wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:05 pm"Jesse, you are absolutely right. That sighting report slipped my mind for some reason and I didn't realize that this was the correct area for it. In fact..." Jason finishes his beer and signals for the server. "Might as well start now. " He waits patiently for the server to come over. When they do he asks, "Another round of beers, please. And some information. Do you know if there are any Lemurians in the area or who we should ask about them?"
"Specifically, can you think of anyone who's come in here and mentioned seeing any Lemurians recently?" Rufus adds.

Once the meal (and drinks) are done, Rufus will follow along to the shrine and pays the proper amount of respect to the god(s) represented... but he remains largely silent, preferring to let Jason do the talking for the time being as he keeps his eyes open around them. He's specifically looking for anyone that could fit the general descriptions of what they discussed -- cartographers/oceanographers, shipping establishments, anyone who might have information about the island and its history, that sort of thing. If he sees any along the way he'll stop in and ask about Lemurians in general and if anyone's reported seeing them recently in particular.
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 pmRufus, Jason. We've done some basic window shopping and did get a decent lay of the town and where to resupply. Where are you guys? We should head your way and figure out our next steps.
Rufus opens his comlink. "Roger that, Calvin. We're checking out the shrine and keeping an eye out for anyone who might know something about our task at hand or anyone who might have seen some recently. Here's hoping you found out more than we did -- we'll see you back at the boat."

----------------------

Later, back at the boat... Rufus raises an eyebrow at Teres' purchases but makes no sound except for a soft sigh out through his nose. Eventually though he does speak up.

"Alright, so this at least establishes that the New Navy has had contact with the locals. If that's the case, then maybe Lemurians have come here to trade goods or services as well. Did you find out anything along that line?"

He pauses a moment. "Anyway... Jason, Jessie, and I were discussing strategy earlier. Clearly we're not getting very far. Maybe we haven't been asking the right questions -- or the right people. I figure that since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, oceanographers, shipping companies that do trade with far off cities, that sort of thing. Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites... or maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things. Also, I don't suppose any of you found out if this place has an airport, did you? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any thoughts along that line?"
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [39] = 39 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: 1d100: [7] = 7

After Teres' bulk purchase of armor, Rory's purchase of woodworking gear was almost unnoticeable.
She lets the shop owner upsell her from the basic woodworking tools to a more comprehensive set.
(Advanced Woodworking Toolbox:
Contains all the necessary tools to work as a carpenter on the go, minus anything too big to fit in the metal tool chest.
Weight: 50 lbs.
Cost: 3,000 credits)
As she does, she slips in a question to the shop owner.

"Do ye have any idea how ta get in touch with any Lemurians? I were supposed ta ask after one of 'em if I happened across 'em, an' I figure this is probably as close to 'em as I've ever been. Only I don't have any clue how ta even find one, let alone talk to 'em."

She looks hopefully at the shop owner, hoping they may take pity on the clueless sap they just sold 3000 credits worth of tools to.

(She tries to remember anything the person says, even if it's just some general ideas of who to ask)

She leaves the shop with a large metal tool chest in her left hand, and a smile on her face. After they've all done their shopping, she compares notes with Teres and Calvin.

Well, that was useful. With this, I can definitely make some stuff during travel and other downtimes. Arrows for Teres, a staff for Calvin, a tripod for my rune musket. Well worth the credits.

"So, did any of us have any luck finding a lead on the Lemurians?"

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 159/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 37/50

Weapons:
In backpack: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike
/*.0
.
Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rufas wrote: "Anyway... Jason, Jessie, and I were discussing strategy earlier. Clearly we're not getting very far. Maybe we haven't been asking the right questions -- or the right people. I figure that since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, oceanographers, shipping companies that do trade with far off cities, that sort of thing. Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites... or maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things. Also, I don't suppose any of you found out if this place has an airport, did you? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any thoughts along that line?"
"A sound place to start. a city-sized ship will need power as well. and I am certain it won't run on the energy magazines I use in my pistol. So it has to charge somewhere at some point. If it runs on magic then it needs Ley lines or places of strong magic. We can get a look as we pass those that are on the route to the shipyard." she agrees.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls held over)
Rufus wrote: "Alright, so this at least establishes that the New Navy has had contact with the locals. If that's the case, then maybe Lemurians have come here to trade goods or services as well. Did you find out anything along that line?"

He pauses a moment. "Anyway... Jason, Jessie, and I were discussing strategy earlier. Clearly we're not getting very far. Maybe we haven't been asking the right questions -- or the right people. I figure that since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, oceanographers, shipping companies that do trade with far off cities, that sort of thing. Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites... or maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things. Also, I don't suppose any of you found out if this place has an airport, did you? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any thoughts along that line?"
At the urging of Rufus, Calvin whips out the map and proceeds to look for an airport. "It doesn't look like they have one." (GM answer)

Calvin nods to Rufus as Rufus lists the professions to make an inquiry with. Shipping companies...

"Well, crazy idea. We know the Lemurians deal in ocean plants. Maybe since Port Moresby has land here, beyond the city there might be hamlets of civilization where their main economy is largely agrarian. As advanced civilizations generally enjoy rarities as luxuries, you think Lemurian traders would approach farmers and live stock herders here for what would be hard to get goods back home? Farms are definitely easier to see from the air.

There is also the nagging bit of my vision when I got lost in the crazy light in the sea a few weeks ago. I sense what we are looking for is running around in the thick of the tropical wilderness anyway, away from the shores and definitely away from man-made structures such as these.

As Teres said, the leyline theory can be worth exploring. Rory could also use the magic energy to work on things. I can feel a leyline north of here. Should we explore?

Thoughts?
"

Calvin waits for a response from the rest of the group.
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Wed May 22, 2024 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Docks District; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Date: May 30, 12:40 PM (2 hours has passed)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Group 1
Calvin, Rory, Teres
Teres wrote:I was curious about that new navy and US marine suit. Can you tell me anything about who made them? I am a bit of an armorer myself. Hobby and essential repairs mostly. Oh and has anyone come in mentioning Lumerian sighting out of curiosity?
The sales person looks at Teres and shrugs. We get bulk shipments, I have no idea. I’m not even the armorer, just the counter person. As for Lemurian’s no idea. Not something I’ve overheard.” The salesperson says as Teres pays a small fortune for over a hundred pounds of armor.
Rory wrote:"Do ye have any idea how ta get in touch with any Lemurians? I were supposed ta ask after one of 'em if I happened across 'em, an' I figure this is probably as close to 'em as I've ever been. Only I don't have any clue how ta even find one, let alone talk to 'em."
The old man manning the hardware store nods. ”I have a guy who gets specialized wood from them a few times a year. I can ask, but it might be weeks or months before I hear anything. Lemurians are a private lot, takes quite a bit to get them to warm up to you on more than a business relationship. If you’re lucky a few might be in port, but they look like everyone else really, unless they’re wearing that living armor they sometimes have.” The old man says. ”Want me to try and get a hold of him, like I said it may take a long time?” The old man asks. Whether Rory asks or not, she eventually makes her way back to the group.
Calvin wrote:"We can keep canvasing Port Moresby for signs. I think however, now that we have a map, we can go back to Jason and Rufus and map out a systematic approach to the town. Maybe we'll run across something, maybe we wouldn't. But at least we'd have a process of elimination. I'm gonna radio those two and see where they are at."
Teres wrote:Sounds good enough to me until we get a specific person to look for. We can canvas and stop to ask any locals of interest as we return to the boat. Both Rory and I have items to put away. I want to get into this new flight suit and Frontiersman suit.” she adds with grin “If I can wear the flight suit under it.
Rory wrote:"So, did any of us have any luck finding a lead on the Lemurians?"
Calvin radios the others. And gets a prompt response.
Rufus wrote:"Roger that, Calvin. We're checking out the shrine and keeping an eye out for anyone who might know something about our task at hand or anyone who might have seen some recently. Here's hoping you found out more than we did -- we'll see you back at the boat."
Afterwards the trio head back to the boat, to find Vlad loading boxes of food into the cargo hold.

Group 2
Jason and Rufus

The meal is beginning to wrap up.
Jason wrote:"Jesse, you are absolutely right. That sighting report slipped my mind for some reason and I didn't realize that this was the correct area for it. In fact... Might as well start now.”

Rufus wrote:"Fair points, I guess floating cities don't necessarily stay in one place like those on land. Makes sense now that I think about it."
The Waitress returns.
Jason wrote:”Another round of beers, please. And some information. Do you know if there are any Lemurians in the area or who we should ask about them?"
Rufus wrote:"Specifically, can you think of anyone who's come in here and mentioned seeing any Lemurians recently?"
The waitress seems to think for a moment. ”They’re not very common around here, mostly staying to whatever underwater places they call home. Occasionally some come here to do business or whatever it is they feel like, but I don’t know of any living around here.” The Waitress says before getting the trio another round of beer.

Calvin radios the team, and Rufus responds.
Calvin wrote:Rufus, Jason. We've done some basic window shopping and did get a decent lay of the town and where to resupply. Where are you guys? We should head your way and figure out our next steps.
The trio finish their drinks and make their way towards the shrine they were told about. It seems a simple affair, a brick building with colorful cloth banners and other bright accouterments. Inside the trio find a small chapel, with a older man in a black robe sweeping the floor. He looks up and smiles. ”Welcome travelers, how may I help you?”

What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.)
Rufus:
Rory: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Teres Barton: Wrangler Riding Armor 17/85 M.D.C.
Calvin Wallace:
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 / 17%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [22] = 22
Babble fish:
1d100: [30] = 30 / 50%
1d100: [96] = 96 / 50%
Before heading to the boat:
The salesperson wrote:We get bulk shipments, I have no idea. I’m not even the armorer, just the counter person. As for Lemurian’s no idea. Not something I’ve overheard.”
"Who in town would I talk to about Lumerians or other strange sightings?" she asks the salesperson " And do you have a spare box or something I can put these suits in? "

Most towns had a guy or groups into that sort of supernatural and alien lore. Some sailors had reputations for seeing strange things and using those to make money or fame telling the tales. Worse case the local priests and so-called holy men were a possible source.

So the new navy sells in bulk to locals—a good way to promote a good reputation and make cash. I am in the wrong business to make money. Not that I would be able to manage it.

Meeting up with group two:
Calvin wrote:"Teres, why don't you go change and put on a new suit of armor, you can leave your old stuff to be repaired here most likely. I'll help you carry the rest of your stuff back."
"That was the plan. we don't have time for me to wait on repairs and the mages do not have spare energy. I even grabbed a spare suit for myself. And Jason can use one of them if he wants to " she says grining.

at the boat
"Guessing the others haven't returned. I need to show the New Navy suit and give Jason the cigars I found later." Teres shrugs heading below deck to put her armor away. As she does she spots Vlad.

"Vlad, need a hand let us know. Calvin and Rory are on the boat as well. " She tells the herth spirit moving the armor in an out-of-the-way place. picking up the flight suit and Frontiersman armor heads off to see if the flight armor will fit under the frontiersman. If not shrugs and puts on the frontiersman suit. White and grey? it's not the best camo but a pancho or small camo net can fix that. and I can always paint to match as I need to later. and the white/grey pattern works in a few other places too. She thinks. The Psi-druid is happy with the purchase. Once she has her gear on, she heads to the main deck.
Rory wrote:" So, did any of us have any luck finding a lead on the Lemurians?"
"Nothing . That shrine is likely used for dealing with sailors. I would bet you Rufus and Jason are going to ask there too. " She moves in the new suit to get used to it as she talks.

"I also found that new Navy sells in bulk here. so they trade. I bet Jason and Rufus will be happy to learn. If they want to find the new navy the armorer or shop owner might be help." Teres crouches and kneels to adjust a quiver and her bow sheath and vibro axe position.
Last edited by Teres Barton on Fri May 24, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d100 < 58%: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [23] = 23

Calvin looks at the six suits of armor and lets out a small whistle. He says:

"Teres, why don't you go change and put on a new suit of armor, you can leave your old stuff to be repaired here most likely. I'll help you carry the rest of your stuff back."

Calvin then turns to the clerk and casts Tongues (-10 PPE):

"I'm feeling a leyline to the north of us and it looks like it is beyond the city. I'd like to look beyond the city walls and visit, but I don't know the lay of the land and I have no idea what to expect. Could you recommend a reputable wilderness guide? Also, do you know of a magic shop in town and perhaps a few weapons shops where I can compare prices for grenades and explosives?"
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [64] = 64 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [70] = 70 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [96] = 96 )
Yay or nay, Calvin thanks the clerk for his answer.

If he is told about a wilderness scout, he will visit and ask for a consultation. He will then explain that the group would like to visit the leyline up north. Calvin is looking for a secluded spot where Rory can settle in and get her items made while the others make camp. So he's interested on figuring out how to get there. Additionally, Calvin is looking for foes to avoid, monsters to stay away from, as well as pockets of humanity that might prove to be helpful if there is a crisis later.
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [45] = 45 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [46] = 46 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [13] = 13 )

If he is told about a magic shop, Calvin will visit and ask for a consultation. He will then explain that the group would like to visit the leyline up north. If the wilderness scout provided sufficient answers to Calvin's previous questions, he will not repeat them here. Instead, Calvin will ask for a list of gear that the shopkeeper thinks would aid search and rescue as well as wilderness exploration. Calvin will also look for land transportation to rent or buy, e.g. TW vehicles, animals he can ride. If he learns of a place where he can rent a horse, he'll pay a visit as well.
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [2] = 2 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [12] = 12 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [88] = 88 )

Last but not least, Calvin will visit the weapons shop and look for grenades as well as budget night vision equipment that can be easily affixed to his helmet.

At every shop, Calvin will make a note to gingerly inquire about Lemurians visiting.
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [35] = 35 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [48] = 48 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [10] = 10 )
He will indicate that he has a business associate that he is supposed to meet, but said associate has not made his rendezvous. Furthermore, Calvin will pay for various consultations. However, Calvin will not be buying anything right now, as his funds are low. He will consult with the rest of the group on what their collective needs are, and then procure away once that has been established.

After helping Teres with her haul, Calvin will wait on the Templar for the return of Jason and Rufus.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Mini-Update
Teres wrote:"Who in town would I talk to about Lumerians or other strange sightings? And do you have a spare box or something I can put these suits in? "
The clerk shakes their head. " No idea ma'am, not a topic of interest I've personally had. As for a box, sure." The salesperson answers, retireving Teres a large cardboard box.

Calvin wrote:"I'm feeling a leyline to the north of us and it looks like it is beyond the city. I'd like to look beyond the city walls and visit, but I don't know the lay of the land and I have no idea what to expect. Could you recommend a reputable wilderness guide? Also, do you know of a magic shop in town and perhaps a few weapons shops where I can compare prices for grenades and explosives?"
The salesperson looks a bit confused. "No idea, It's not safe for folk like me outside of town, so I don't leave. Maybe ask one of the militia, they may know more. As for a Magic and weapons shops, they're scattered around here, I don't have much use for either so I don't know specifically where they are." The Salesperson answers.

If/when Calvin wanders the city a bit more looking for a weapons shop and/or a magic shop, he finds several. His inquires about the Ley Line amount to such. Some local magic users do occasionally go up there, but usually with a bunch of support, as the area is dangerous, given it's a Ley Line, and the wild parts of the island are filled with an assortment of dangers from wild animals, monsters, and primitives who don't take kindly to the city dwellers. The clerk of the magic shop can't rightly answer the question of what gear you should take to go and rescue someone, it's clearly not their area of expertise. As for transportation, they note there are several places that sell or rent vehicles, whether they are TW or not, he has no idea. The clerk doesn't seem to know what a horse is either, which is a bit strange to Calvin.

I need a book/pg number.


Calvin's inquiries about Lemurians is roughly the same across the board, no one particularly knows one any themselves, and when they do occassionally visit Port Moresby, they don't tend to stay long. It seems Lemurians are not fans of industrial living. In the end, Calvin is left with the impression, that the groups only real option is to head north and actually check out the supposed sighting.


Eventually back at the boat, the group finds Vlad finishing up stowing the food bought earlier.
Teres wrote:"Guessing the others haven't returned. I need to show the New Navy suit and give Jason the cigars I found later. Vlad, need a hand let us know. Calvin and Rory are on the boat as well. "
Vlad shakes his head. "All done, so no help is needed, besides I have a system, and it likely would take me too long to teach it to you." Vlad says as he grabs a few items and makes his way to the boats small galley. Leaving Rory, Calvin, and Teres alone on the deck.
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [27] = 27

" From what the store people told me the locals in the city don't know any more than us. I am thinking of a quick visit to any guides or Botany people in town and then we head out to see the sites and the people living outside the city. It strikes me they would be more prone to meeting Lumerians. " she says as she takes in the view of the harbor. "They dealt with botanists and others in the natural sciences on the mining platform. It makes sense they would not change here. Even sailors here seemed to be more into modern ships and staying above the waves mostly."

"Plus we have a good opportunity to assist the locals in hunting monsters outside the walls and three of you could use that ley line you mentioned," she adds. Not to mention I will be out of this city. would be nice to be in a proper natural environment. she thinks. The idea of ruins or places unknown or overlooked by the locals being important to the templars made sense. and if the vision is supposed to mean anything there is no jungle in
the city
.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [33] = 33 %
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [11] = 11

Condtions:
Babelfish: 1d100: [81] = 81
Babelfish: 1d100: [61] = 61

SKILLS:
((Research--77% / 1d100: [50] = 50 % )) gathering information on the gods at the shrine
((Navigation—91% / 1d100: [72] = 72 % )) looking at routes to the sighting area
((Research--77% / 1d100: [37] = 37 % )) looking for an appropriate vehicle

Arriving at the shrine, Jason smiles at the robed gentleman. “ Good day, sir. Would you tell me about this shrine? What deities are honored here? Would you tell me a bit about them? I find that I am drawn to seek a patron deity, but I have yet to find one who I can serve whole heartedly. “
Jason listens carefully and respectfully to anything and everything that the gentleman can tell him. If the man mentions anything about Lemurian deities, Jason questions him about any Lemurians or Lemurian settlements in the area. Once Jason has gathered what information that he can, if Lemurians have not been mentioned previously, he broaches the subject.
It’s worth asking.
”Do you know of any Lemurians or Lemurian settlements in the area? We are trying to find a Lemurian city and have not had much luck. “
Jason takes his time speaking with the man, repeating as much as necessary when the Babelfish lets him down.
After learning all he can from the gentleman, Jason thanks him and gives him a 100 credit donation for the shrine.
Heading outside, Jason then turns to Rufus and Jesse. ”Any other stops before we head back to the boat and compare notes with the others?” If neither of them have any suggestions, Jason leads them back to the boat and shares what little they learned with the others.
When Teres tells Jason that the New Navy trades in bulk, he gets the name and directions to the shop. That will have to wait though, prime mission first, we’ve taken long enough.
”Thanks, Teres. I’ll speak with them before we finally leave. From what you all have learned, it sounds like we should head to the sighting area. It was my mistake for not having us stop there on the way." Jason pulls out the charts and winces at the distance involved. ”I make it about 1000 miles by sea and over 800 by land. Unless there are objections, I say we see what kind of vehicles are available for rent. If they have some type of hover vehicle that can skim over the treetops and have the range to get there and back, it would be far faster than taking the boat and marching inland. Although if only wheeled vehicles area available, with that terrain the boat would be faster“
If there is enough daylight once any debate is finished, Jason will head out to see what vehicles are available for rent.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d100 < 58%: [56] = 56
JIC: 1d100: [25] = 25 | 1d20: [3] = 3
Consumer wrote: If/when Calvin wanders the city a bit more looking for a weapons shop and/or a magic shop, he finds several. His inquires about the Ley Line amount to such. Some local magic users do occasionally go up there, but usually with a bunch of support, as the area is dangerous, given it's a Ley Line, and the wild parts of the island are filled with an assortment of dangers from wild animals, monsters, and primitives who don't take kindly to the city dwellers. The clerk of the magic shop can't rightly answer the question of what gear you should take to go and rescue someone, it's clearly not their area of expertise. As for transportation, they note there are several places that sell or rent vehicles, whether they are TW or not, he has no idea. The clerk doesn't seem to know what a horse is either, which is a bit strange to Calvin.

Calvin's inquiries about Lemurians is roughly the same across the board, no one particularly knows one any themselves, and when they do occassionally visit Port Moresby, they don't tend to stay long. It seems Lemurians are not fans of industrial living. In the end, Calvin is left with the impression, that the groups only real option is to head north and actually check out the supposed sighting.
Calvin relays the information to Jason. Having heard Teres speak of the sighting several times, he visualizes where it is on the map. We should probably hit up the leyline so that Rory can get her work done before we back track several hundred miles. Why didn't we stop off at the sighting area before hitting port? It was on the way...

Calvin pipes up:
"I understand that outside of the town, it's a bit dangerous. However if we go to the sighting area by land, the leyline will be on the way. Plus like Teres said, even if Lemurians disembarked at port, they remain dissatisfied with city living and industrial lifestyles. Since Lemurians travel the oceans with giant floating cities, if those cities are not artifacts of industrial technology, then it is possible that their society leverages magic as a technological substitute. If the Lemurians we are looking for traveled afar using magic, then recharging magic energies by meditating close to leylines improves recovery tremendously. It's pretty much universal for all mages.

Besides, Rory wants to check out the leyline anyway. She needs extra mystical power to make stuff. Also, the armorer that Teres did most of the shopping has some good repair smiths. They could repair some of the wear and tear accrued over the course of the journey while we get our other prep work done.
"

"Oh and last but not least, before we take off, could you spot me a few thousand creds for grenades?".

Calvin waits for a response.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [25] = 25 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: 1d100: [28] = 28

Rory smiles as Calvin mentions about the ley line.

Yes! Another one who wants a leyline.

Her face reddens a little as he continues on to mention that she wanted to check out the leyline.

I've been noticed - and mentioned! That's not just gratifying, it also saves me the embarrassment of mentioning it to the whole group. I must find some way to repay him, even if he doesn't realize just how much that means to me.

"Aye, if I can tap inta a leyline fer a bit, I can do a bit of armor repair, and should be able ta whip up a few arrows fer Teres."

Scratching at her nose, she continues.

"These Lemurians seem ta be a mite hard ta find. Calvin's mention of trying ta find 'em through followin' the leylines seems like an idea ta think on."

She turns to Teres.

"Ye said that people outside the city might be the ones ta talk to about Lemurians, an' I figure that if they're a bit leery of technology, that'd make darn good sense."

She grins and adds.

"Better ideas than any I've come up with, that's fer sure."

She turns then to Jason.

"If i can get close enough ta one of them leylines, I have spells that can repair damaged armor, create wood fer making stuff, then making that wood harder'n iron. Is there anythin' else ye can think that might be useful fer me ta think about?"

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 159/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 37/50

Weapons:
In backpack: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike
/*.0
.
Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Docks District; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Date: May 30, 1:00 PM (20 minutes has passed)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)


Group 2
Jason and Rufus
Jason wrote: “ Good day, sir. Would you tell me about this shrine? What deities are honored here? Would you tell me a bit about them? I find that I am drawn to seek a patron deity, but I have yet to find one who I can serve whole heartedly.“
The old priest nods. ”We honor the Lord and his son Jesus Christ here.” The old man says. Jason’s notes about looking for a foreign god seem to put a damper on the old man’s smile. ”Not many foreign deities are worshiped here in Port Moresby, as we stick to the old ways of our ancestors. Is there anything else I can help you with?” The old priest says.
Jason wrote:”Do you know of any Lemurians or Lemurian settlements in the area? We are trying to find a Lemurian city and have not had much luck. “
The old man nods. ”While I don’t know any specifics, the Lemurians tend to reside in one of three places, either in very small groups among other populaces, though I do not believe there are any here in Port Moresby. They live in their hidden floating islands, which outsiders are unwelcome, or they reside in small communities underwater, tending to their crops and animals. Again, I don’t know where any of these are, I only hear about them from sailors coming around.” The old man says. Not having anything else Rufus, Jessie, and Jason head back towards the boat.

Everyone

Back at the boat, everyone gathers, and Teres and Calvin tell Jason and Rufus what they learned, while Rory doesn’t mention anything the woodshop owner said to her.
Teres wrote:"From what the store people told me the locals in the city don't know any more than us. I am thinking of a quick visit to any guides or Botany people in town and then we head out to see the sites and the people living outside the city. It strikes me they would be more prone to meeting Lemurians. They dealt with botanists and others in the natural sciences on the mining platform. It makes sense they would not change here. Even sailors here seemed to be more into modern ships and staying above the waves mostly. Plus we have a good opportunity to assist the locals in hunting monsters outside the walls and three of you could use that ley line you mentioned."
Calvin wrote:"I understand that outside of the town, it's a bit dangerous. However if we go to the sighting area by land, the leyline will be on the way. Plus like Teres said, even if Lemurians disembarked at port, they remain dissatisfied with city living and industrial lifestyles. Since Lemurians travel the oceans with giant floating cities, if those cities are not artifacts of industrial technology, then it is possible that their society leverages magic as a technological substitute. If the Lemurians we are looking for traveled afar using magic, then recharging magic energies by meditating close to leylines improves recovery tremendously. It's pretty much universal for all mages. Besides, Rory wants to check out the leyline anyway. She needs extra mystical power to make stuff. Also, the armorer that Teres did most of the shopping has some good repair smiths. They could repair some of the wear and tear accrued over the course of the journey while we get our other prep work done. Oh and last but not least, before we take off, could you spot me a few thousand creds for grenades?"
Jason wrote:”Thanks, Teres. I’ll speak with them before we finally leave. From what you all have learned, it sounds like we should head to the sighting area. It was my mistake for not having us stop there on the way. I make it about 1000 miles by sea and over 800 by land. Unless there are objections, I say we see what kind of vehicles are available for rent. If they have some type of hover vehicle that can skim over the treetops and have the range to get there and back, it would be far faster than taking the boat and marching inland. Although if only wheeled vehicles area available, with that terrain the boat would be faster“
Rory wrote:"Aye, if I can tap inta a leyline fer a bit, I can do a bit of armor repair, and should be able ta whip up a few arrows fer Teres. These Lemurians seem ta be a mite hard ta find. Calvin's mention of trying ta find 'em through followin' the leylines seems like an idea ta think on. Ye said that people outside the city might be the ones ta talk to about Lemurians, an' I figure that if they're a bit leery of technology, that'd make darn good sense. Better ideas than any I've come up with, that's fer sure. If i can get close enough ta one of them leylines, I have spells that can repair damaged armor, create wood fer making stuff, then making that wood harder'n iron. Is there anythin' else ye can think that might be useful fer me ta think about?"
What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.)
Rufus:
Rory: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Teres Barton: Wrangler Riding Armor 17/85 M.D.C.
Calvin Wallace:
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d100 < 58%: [99] = 99
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [85] = 85

Calvin looks at Jason as he ponders how to enunciate back tracking is a bad idea. The vision... I mean it can be wilderness anywhere... But I have a hunch the Lemurians made port here. We should go check the leyline just to see if they stopped off to recharge before heading off.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't around for the sighting information. Does that mean it's at least several months old. If we go to the leyline first, it's only an hour or so away, even if it is the wrong direction. We'd still have to go through the work of securing land transportation."

"I'd rent a horse and go check it out myself with a few of you, but they don't even have horses... I don't we have much luck splitting up anyways. What say you?"

Calvin turns to Rory:

"When you were about the market, did you find anything about Lemurians?"
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 17%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [34] = 34
Jason wrote: wrote:” Thanks, Teres. I’ll speak with them before we finally leave. From what you all have learned, it sounds like we should head to the sighting area. It was my mistake for not having us stop there on the way. I make it about 1000 miles by sea and over 800 by land. Unless there are objections, I say we see what kind of vehicles are available for rent. If they have some type of hover vehicle that can skim over the treetops and have the range to get there and back, it would be far faster than taking the boat and marching inland. Although if only wheeled vehicles area available, with that terrain the boat would be faster“
"We need to get in motion. we can worry about mistakes later like my old wilderness survival instructor said: 'Survival won't happen unless we make it happen.' the natives out there can give us details probably" she says carefully backtracking was a thing, Even well planned military operations needed to do it. she thinks.
Calvin wrote:"I'm sorry, I wasn't around for the sighting information. Does that mean it's at least several months old. If we go to the leyline first, it's only an hour or so away, even if it is the wrong direction. We'd still have to go through the work of securing land transportation."

"I'd rent a horse and go check it out myself with a few of you, but they don't even have horses... I don't we have much luck splitting up anyways. What say you?"
"I agree splitting up is probably a bad idea near a ley Line and in places like this. They likely have some sort of animal that can be ridden. Hovercycles and hovercraft should work if we can get them." she adds, Horses are not the only ridable creatures. and here is hoping the local animals can sense the incoming threat.. she thinks.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [78] = 78 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: 1d100: [16] = 16

Rory initially busies herself with putting away the chest of woodworking equipment in a secure location.

No way I'm losing this in a storm.

She focuses intently on her task, and then starts listening in to general conversation.
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:57 pm Calvin turns to Rory:

"When you were about the market, did you find anything about Lemurians?"
She starts to shake her head, then looks back at where she'd just stored the gear.

"Aye, I did hear somethin'. Lemme see. The shop owner said something about them. I think he gets specialized wood from them a few times a year. No, wait, not him, but one of his guys gets it. I kinda nodded when he asked if I wanted him ta get in touch with the guy - might takes weeks or months before they hear anything. Maybe we could give the guy a way of getting in touch with us the moment he hears anything, and that can be our backup plan?"

Shaking her head, she continues.

"I was really hoping someone else could have got something a bit more tangible than 'Maybe in a week or a month or so', especially since we were looking at heading off again soon. Still, with not many other clues at all, maybe that's one we can nail down by giving him a way ta contact us."

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 159/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 37/50

Weapons:
In backpack: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [45] = 45 %
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [30] = 30

Skills:
((Research--77% / 1d100: [47] = 47 % )) locating hover vehicles

As the team discusses their opinions. Jason listens closely.
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:57 pm "I'm sorry, I wasn't around for the sighting information. Does that mean it's at least several months old. If we go to the leyline first, it's only an hour or so away, even if it is the wrong direction. We'd still have to go through the work of securing land transportation."

"I'd rent a horse and go check it out myself with a few of you, but they don't even have horses... I don't we have much luck splitting up anyways. What say you?"
Teres Barton wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:40 pm "I agree splitting up is probably a bad idea near a ley Line and in places like this. They likely have some sort of animal that can be ridden. Hovercycles and hovercraft should work if we can get them." she adds,
"This far from assistance, we will stick together. We saw what can happen with the wreck when we get out of support range. ", he responds to Calvin and Teres.
Rory wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:48 pm "Aye, I did hear somethin'. Lemme see. The shop owner said something about them. I think he gets specialized wood from them a few times a year. No, wait, not him, but one of his guys gets it. I kinda nodded when he asked if I wanted him ta get in touch with the guy - might takes weeks or months before they hear anything. Maybe we could give the guy a way of getting in touch with us the moment he hears anything, and that can be our backup plan?"


We probably won't be here in months, but it won't hurt to ask. "Would you go back to that shop owner and confirm that we would like him to get contact with his source? Give him our boat slip number for getting messages to us. " Jason transfers 100 credits from the team card to Rory, "Also, give him this for his trouble. "

Jason then considers Calvin's mention of horses. Secretly, he is glad there aren't any to be found. He doesn't believe that any animal could cover the distances involved in a reasonable time frame.

"Ok, it looks like we have a consensus. We rent a vehicle or vehicles for transport. With hover transport, that leyline isn't that far out of the way. We will head there for you magic types to do your thing, then we head west to the last sighting. We will be able to firm up plans once we know what our vehicle options are. I can operate hoverbikes and other hover vehicles. I know Rufus can handle a hoverbike. To keep there from being a single point of failure, I would suggest we rent 2 hover bikes and a hover truck. "

Once the group is done talking, Jason asks for someone with the translation spell to accompany him to check out the rental businesses. His priorities are ruggedness and range.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Docks District; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Date: May 30, 2:00 PM (1 hour has passed)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)


At the boat everyone gathered, a meeting of the minds happens. Not much new information is passed, but everything is now out in the open, known to all the members of the Templar
Teres wrote:"We need to get in motion. we can worry about mistakes later like my old wilderness survival instructor said: 'Survival won't happen unless we make it happen.' the natives out there can give us details probably"
Calvin wrote:"I'm sorry, I wasn't around for the sighting information. Does that mean it's at least several months old. If we go to the leyline first, it's only an hour or so away, even if it is the wrong direction. We'd still have to go through the work of securing land transportation. I'd rent a horse and go check it out myself with a few of you, but they don't even have horses... I don't we have much luck splitting up anyways. What say you?"
Teres wrote:"I agree splitting up is probably a bad idea near a ley Line and in places like this. They likely have some sort of animal that can be ridden. Hovercycles and hovercraft should work if we can get them."
Jason wrote:"This far from assistance, we will stick together. We saw what can happen with the wreck when we get out of support range. "
Calvin wrote:"When you were about the market, did you find anything about Lemurians?"
Rory wrote:"Aye, I did hear somethin'. Lemme see. The shop owner said something about them. I think he gets specialized wood from them a few times a year. No, wait, not him, but one of his guys gets it. I kinda nodded when he asked if I wanted him ta get in touch with the guy - might takes weeks or months before they hear anything. Maybe we could give the guy a way of getting in touch with us the moment he hears anything, and that can be our backup plan? I was really hoping someone else could have got something a bit more tangible than 'Maybe in a week or a month or so', especially since we were looking at heading off again soon. Still, with not many other clues at all, maybe that's one we can nail down by giving him a way ta contact us."
Jason wrote:"Would you go back to that shop owner and confirm that we would like him to get contact with his source? Give him our boat slip number for getting messages to us. Also, give him this for his trouble. Ok, it looks like we have a consensus. We rent a vehicle or vehicles for transport. With hover transport, that leyline isn't that far out of the way. We will head there for you magic types to do your thing, then we head west to the last sighting. We will be able to firm up plans once we know what our vehicle options are. I can operate hoverbikes and other hover vehicles. I know Rufus can handle a hoverbike. To keep there from being a single point of failure, I would suggest we rent 2 hover bikes and a hover truck. "
Jessie and Rufus watch the discussion from the sideline. ”I haven’t seen a hover vehicle since we arrived here, so I don’t know if that is an option. Do any of you know how to drive a ground vehicle?” Jessie asks, seemingly remembering the one time Dhaltuun forced her to drive his dune buggy, which she promptly crashed several times.

The group makes their way back into the town, looking for somewhere to purchase or rent a vehicle. Most of what the group sees being used are motorized rickshaws and small battered looking trucks. The group eventually passes from the docks area into the residential hub of Port Moresby. The residential arae is far cleaner and less eccentric than the dock area. The people living here seem to be friendly enough, but foreigners do seem to attract stares. It is here that they find a place selling and renting vehicles. But like Jessie mentioned, none of them seem hover capable. Most of them are small vehicles well suited to the crowded streets of Port Moresby, but a few of them are more normal sized vehicles including vans and pick up trucks. None of them appear to be well armored, but they all do seem to be functional.

Upon their approach, a salesperson makes their way to the group. ”Welcome, how can I help you?” He says in his native tongue.

Motorized Rickshaw (1 pilot, up to 3 passengers) 10,000 credits
Small truck (1 Pilot, 1 passenger (2 can sit in the bed) 15,000 credits
Full sized Pickup Truck (1 pilot, 2 passengers (4 can sit in bed) 22,000 credits.
Jeep (1 pilot, 4 passengers) 26,000 credits
Van (1 pilot, 8 passengers) 30,000 credits


What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.)
Rufus:
Rory: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Teres Barton: Wrangler Riding Armor 17/85 M.D.C.
Calvin Wallace:
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”