The Lazlo Ploy

Look to the Horizon, spread your wings and fly.
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [75] = 75

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan listens to the rest of the team pointlessly arguing about how to get killed. When Amber asks Alisha to rift them to Merctown and then goes back on the order so that they can argue some more, Susan moves to her and, after a long pause, actually puts her hand on Amber's forearm.

"Commander, further planning here is contra-indicated by the urgency of the situation. If we must discuss further, we should immediately teleport to either Paducah or Manoa and talk there. A phone tip for this cyborg under Mr. John's alias should be enough to count for a small stipend. We should not engage in combat in a populated area."

If Amber chooses to leave the room, Susan is prepared to pay Alisha to teleport her by herself to either of the locations above.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

ROLLS HELD

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

"Nothing personal, boss. No more than just wanting to figure what the bounty is about. If I remember right, John said the bounty is on me with no mention of traveling partners. I think there's something suspicious going on, and I am most likely not the first person it's happened to"

He grabs all of his gear, keeping the rail gun in hand.

Be careful Phinneas......

"But, you are the boss. And I am not a mutineer. I've made my case. If this is what your orders are then so be it"

Phinneas waits for the groups next move.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:21 pm Susan listens to the rest of the team pointlessly arguing about how to get killed. When Amber asks Alisha to rift them to Merctown and then goes back on the order so that they can argue some more, Susan moves to her and, after a long pause, actually puts her hand on Amber's forearm.

"Commander, further planning here is contra-indicated by the urgency of the situation. If we must discuss further, we should immediately teleport to either Paducah or Manoa and talk there. A phone tip for this cyborg under Mr. John's alias should be enough to count for a small stipend. We should not engage in combat in a populated area."

If Amber chooses to leave the room, Susan is prepared to pay Alisha to teleport her by herself to either of the locations above.
Amber is relieved when Susan suggests leaving for Merctown or Manoa. Thankfully someone else sees the senselessness of this. “I agree Susan. Let’s head home. We can get in touch with our employer there and end this.”

She stops her egress to John’s room and says first to Alisha. “How long do you need to open a Rift to outside Merctown? Maybe somewhere near the airport?”

Once she gets her reply from Alisha, she then says to John. “Feel free to call in your tip to the Borg and to Lazlo once we are set to go. If you want a ride to Merctown, you have more than earned the trip. Otherwise look us up when you get there.”
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:22 am "Nothing personal, boss. No more than just wanting to figure what the bounty is about. If I remember right, John said the bounty is on me with no mention of traveling partners. I think there's something suspicious going on, and I am most likely not the first person it's happened to"

He grabs all of his gear, keeping the rail gun in hand.

Be careful Phinneas......

"But, you are the boss. And I am not a mutineer. I've made my case. If this is what your orders are then so be it"

Phinneas waits for the groups next move.
She pulls Phinneas aside once the course of action is finalized. “Phinneas. I have no reason to doubt your loyalty to our company and I certainly wasn’t implying that you were a mutineer. I respect your interest about wanting to figure out who is behind this bounty, but I am concerned about running headlong into a fight we don’t want or need right now. I want everyone to be able to speak their mind and be true to themselves, but once a decision is made, I expect everyone to do their job. But, know that I will have your back if dealing with our mission doesn’t end the bounty. You have my word on that.” She says the last sentence solemnly.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Lazlo: Saturday, October 112PA, 6:45pm
Environmental Conditions: 11*C (51*F); partially cloudy but mostly clear.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Lazlo Nexus nearby
Post

Upon Amber's request, Alisha appears to sigh but nods her head. Amber can tell that this mage seems to value her time, though doesn't voice a problem and nods. Susan expresses a desire to get out of town as soon as possible after dropping a tip. Phinneas wants to face the borgs, believing the bounty to be personal. When John offers the use of his room instead of their room, just in case, Amber and the others take him up on his offer. When Arvid asks Alisha about a place where they could ambush the borgs John has warned everyone about, the mage shakes her head. "We're in one of the more densely populated parts of town, and the cities law enforcement would descend upon any open fight within limits in an instant. My professional opinion is to tip them off and let them deal with it." Alisha recommends. John also makes the recommendation to avoid complicating an encounter with the borgs; the fact that Royce is known to have no qualms of collateral damage suggests the team would be at a disadvantage if they attempted to engage from where they are.

Everyone moves to the third floor to John's room and finds it to be much better placed, strategically. Susan finds that his room's window actually provides a much better vantage on the main road outside the building. Both the Crazy and the Scientist can see a couple cyborg-types roaming the road but it's hard to say if any of them are on the prowl for them. Phinneas does not see a borg he recognizes from the Eatery.

After some further discussion, Amber agrees and asks Alisha to open a portal to the airfield in Merctown's limits. The mage nods. "Not long, I just need a few minutes. Do any of you have vehicles, or is this area your departure point? I can open a portal large enough for a vehicle as well and since it sounds like you lot need to move under cover, I can port us to wherever your parked." Alisha offers. Essentially offering to hop the group out of the motel, then to Merctown, though John is the only one with a parked vehicle within Lazlo, with Amber's open offer for him to follow them still hanging. "If you need a vehicle hop for six heads, I'll do charge you a lump fee of 300k for all of you." Alisha explains. If pressed on why she is being accommodating, she shrugs the question off. "I'm no fan of borg hunters, myself." She replies.

What are your intentions?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [58] = 58 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [6] = 6
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [1] = 1

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.
Phantom
(Summons a Fragmented Elemental Essence) Range: Immediate area, up to 40 feet ( 12.2 m) away. Duration: 15 minutes per level of the Warlock.

Arvid is listening to the plan as put for by Amber, Sounds good.
Alisha
"We're in one of the more densely populated parts of town, and the cities law enforcement would descend upon any open fight within limits in an instant. My professional opinion is to tip them off and let them deal with it." Alisha recommends. John also makes the recommendation to avoid complicating an encounter with the borgs; the fact that Royce is known to have no qualms of collateral damage suggests the team would be at a disadvantage if they attempted to engage from where they are.
Arvid gathers all his things. And responds to Alisha, “Lady Alisha, I want to thank you for your help. I would not mind seeing you again under better circumstances.”

He has the Phantom guard the hall way of the old room and keep him informed on if the Borgs come in to the hall. He tells him that he is free to go after they teleport/rift away.

In John’s room he waits for Amber’s instructions on moving off. He is worried about the borgs and reminds his team to be quiet as possible.
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 63% | 1d100: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [61] = 61

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

It must be nice for everybody else....

"What's that Mr B?"

I didn't say anything Phin

Phinneas checks his gear one last time, as it seems a departure is imminent and things have the possibility of getting sideways at any moment. Confirming a full force field, his axe and rocket launcher are slung over the shoulder with the rail gun in hand and ready to go.

I guess when you still have all of your limbs, you don't need to worry about credits....

"It'll be fine Mr B. We'll figure something out"

I'm sure it will Phin. We just need to get back home
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [29] = 29 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [90] = 90


Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [77] = 77
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [70] = 70
Prowl 60% = 1d100: [17] = 17
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [49] = 49
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [77] = 77 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [70] = 70 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

NE-1A-TWPA Tech-Warrior: NE-F50A Super-Heavy Forced Field: 160/160 at 100%
Main Body: 350/350 at 100%
Underguard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:01 pm After some further discussion, Amber agrees and asks Alisha to open a portal to the airfield in Merctown's limits. The mage nods. "Not long, I just need a few minutes. Do any of you have vehicles, or is this area your departure point? I can open a portal large enough for a vehicle as well and since it sounds like you lot need to move under cover, I can port us to wherever your parked." Alisha offers. Essentially offering to hop the group out of the motel, then to Merctown, though John is the only one with a parked vehicle within Lazlo, with Amber's open offer for him to follow them still hanging. "If you need a vehicle hop for six heads, I'll do charge you a lump fee of 300k for all of you." Alisha explains. If pressed on why she is being accommodating, she shrugs the question off. "I'm no fan of borg hunters, myself." She replies.
Amber signals her agreement to the fee requested from Alisha with a nod of her head. “Agreed.” She looks to John. “I know John has a truck. So are you coming with us, John?" Assuming John says yes, she will tell Alisha. "We will take the port to the vehicle and are ready when you are."

She looks around. “Saddle up, ladies. We are out of here. Let's move quickly but quietly.”

As she hefts her pack to her shoulder, she makes sure she has the device safely at her side. Okay. Game face on. This should be over soon. Let’s get home.




Note for Chris
You must have missed this from a few posts ago. Amber gave Phinneas money!
Amber Dach wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 6:09 pm Once a plan is in place and things are starting to happen, she will pull Phinneas aside. "Phinneas. While you were off eating, I divvied up the cash that Reka gave us. You should be able to afford whatever you need for a replacement arm with this." She says as she shows him the amount of credits she is transferring to him. (OOC - Blackhaunt added the 1 million Black Creds to your sheet already.)
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
Post Reply

Return to “Horizon Group Adventure Forum”