Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Where Chaos Earth adventures take place.
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

(Rolls Carry Ovewr)
Marconi wrote: Marconi comments to the others, "Fortunately, we have thermal gear here, if we need it. I guess we should expect crazy weather, on top of everything else."
Falcon stops halfway between Marconi and Shepard. Way too much going on right now.

”Shepard, we can take a look at that later. Why don’t you take 30 seconds and get some Cold Weather gear on before your balls freeze off.” Falcon returns to the back of the truck with Marconi expecting Shepard to follow.
Marconi wrote:He glances out the window at the blizzard outside, and comments, "That actually sounds like a reasonable suggestion, but you are the Boss, Falcon. Do we hunker down here, try to make it back to the caravan, or see if we can follow the rest of the convoy?"
Falcon is a little surprised at Marconi’s statement. I’ve tried to emphasize we are a team. Maybe I need to work harder.

”I may outrank you, but I am not your Superior. We are a team and I respect all members of that team. Sorry if I get a little bossy at times. But I respect your opinion. Once Shepard is no longer freezing and we get a look at what he has found, we can make a decision. But whatever the decision is, it needs to be quick.”
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

(Rolls carry over)
Liam responds, "Not officially true, and besides the point. My personal vote would be to hunker down, as the odds are this storm will not last very long given how suddenly it came up. However, in the event of a tie, someone must have the deciding vote, and as the senior officer here that has to be you."

Liam will add, "I do not have anything special to go on, just the fact that the truck can act as a heated shelter and has a supply of cold-weather clothing we can use if needed."

He is aware that, in the past, when close to the lines, he HAS known about weather in advance...which is why he is forced to explain that THIS time he does not have such.
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

(rolls carried over)
”Shepard, we can take a look at that later. Why don’t you take 30 seconds and get some Cold Weather gear on before your balls freeze off.” Falcon returns to the back of the truck with Marconi expecting Shepard to follow.
"Uh... Yeah. Sure. Shepard pockets the beeping device and makes his way to the back of the truck. He thought that the portable computer might have been pretty important, but maybe Falcon had a point. If I freeze to death before we investigate, I won't be doing anyone any good.

He slips into some winter clothing and pulls his long coat over it. He heads into the cab of the truck and pulls out the dead driver's device.

"Alright, let's see what we got here."
Combat/Skill Rolls
Computer Operation: 75%/ 1d100: [50] = 50
User avatar
Myth and Jest
Dimension Master
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 am
Location: Chaos Earth DM

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Myth and Jest »

10:52 - 29 December – Ruined Interstate – Supply Truck Interior

Shepard climbs into the back of the truck, opens a pallet of Cold Weather Gear: Thermals, and reaches for a set. He grabs a package but notices it’s sitting on top of a metal olive-green container that spans the interior length of the pallet. An orange warning sticker with an explosion icon and "1.1 Explosives" sits next to a stenciled description of "Missiles, Mini, H.E. 24 Ea."

The beeping sound distracts him from the container, and he examines the personal computer. When he looks at the screen, it turns on, displays a lock icon, and vibrates. The screen changes to icons of a thumbprint or a number pad.
Falcon’s conversation with Marconi is interrupted by a warning text from the hounds. There is movement on the perimeter, but the hound’s sensors are limited due to the storm’s strength.
From the corner of Marconi’s eye, he notices a spot of pale pink sticking out from beneath the driver’s seat.
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

(rolls held)

Shepard gulps audibly at the sight of the explosives in the back of the truck. Christ almighty... I'm lucky that crash didn't blow me to high heaven...

Keeping his eyes on the box, Shepard calls out to his companions. "Uh... Marconi? I thought you said we were just hauling winter gear!"

While he waits for a reply, he glances back down at the portable computer that he'd almost forgotten was in his hand. His brow furrows in frustration as he sees the password entry prompt. He sighs and closes his eyes, throwing his head back in defeat. Of course it'd be locked... Although...

Shepard opens one eye and glances right and left. What the hell? Worth a shot. He thumbs in the code "1, 2, 3, 4" and hopes for the best.
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [16] = 16
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
Pilot-Jet Pack (46%): 1d100: [11] = 11
Gymnastics – Back Flip (80%): 1d100: [29] = 29
Shepard wrote: Keeping his eyes on the box, Shepard calls out to his companions. "Uh... Marconi? I thought you said we were just hauling winter gear!"
Falcon turns from Marconi and responds to Shepard, ”We can hear you. No need to shout. What did you find?” We need to assume we are in enemy territory. Hell, in this world it may all be enemy territory.
M&J wrote:Falcon’s conversation with Marconi is interrupted by a warning text from the hounds. There is movement on the perimeter, but the hound’s sensors are limited due to the storm’s strength.
Skill Rolls
Prowl (55%): 1d100: [68] = 68
Detect Ambush (50%): 1d100: [13] = 13
Recognize Sounds/Voices (35%): 1d100: [42] = 42
Even as he knows they are not normal senses, Falcon attempts to strain to increase his perception. Attuned to all his senses (Thermal-Imaging, Passive Nightvision, Amplified Hearing) and those of his drones/hounds (Thermal-Optics, Electronic Ear, Radiation Detector, Infrarend, Ultraviolet, Passive Nightvision, Motion Detector, Radar) Falcon tries to determine the type, number, and location of their visitors.

He opens the private team frequency to Shepard and Marconi. ”Guys, we have visitors. Shepard, stay in the truck. It should give you some cover, but if you know how to use those pistols don’t fire unless fired upon or we initiate contact. Marconi, get a little distance between you and the truck on the rear driver’s side. Try for cover and concealment. I’ll take the rear passenger side. If the weather is messing us up, it is likely messing them up too.”

As Falcon moves away from the truck attempting to find cover and concealment approximately 5 – 10 meters from the vehicle, he relays commands to the hounds and drones. ”Nora, you have Marconi’s back. Get distance from the truck on the driver’s side and watch the opposite direction. Rex, do the same for me on the passenger side. Rosco P., continue to do a general sweep of the area 100’ out. Coltrane, you focus on identifying any movement. Stay high enough or behind cover. Priority is not to engage combat.”

Once hunkered down Falcon waits to get more information on the new arrivals.





OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+5: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [6, 1, 5, 2, 2] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [1, 6, 4] = 11
Action 4: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [6, 4, 1, 2, 3] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 6, 1] = 13
Action 5: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 1, 1, 3, 6] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [2, 6, 3] = 11
Action 6: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 6, 1, 6, 1] = 19 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [4, 3, 5] = 12
Action 7: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 3, 6, 5, 3] = 22 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 6, 1] = 13

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
Hounds
Rex:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [7] = 7

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 1, 2, 3] = 8
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 3, 3] = 8
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 3, 1, 3] = 11
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 3, 3] = 8
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 2, 2, 4] = 12

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 , 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 , 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 , 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 , 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 , 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [6] = 6

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 4, 1, 4] = 13
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 3, 1, 1] = 7
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 3, 4, 2] = 12
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 4, 3, 3] = 13
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 3, 4] = 9

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 , 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 , 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 , 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 , 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 , 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 , 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

OOC Comments
Perception: 15% / 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: 1d100: [3] = 3
+3 v HF, 0 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, 0% vs Coma/Death, +1% vs Magic, +5 vs Insanity, +5 vs Psionics, +5 vs Possession
Falcon turns from Marconi and responds to Shepard, ”We can hear you. No need to shout. What did you find?” We need to assume we are in enemy territory. Hell, in this world it may all be enemy territory.
Shepard clears away the clothes covering the boxes of ordinance. "Looks like Marconi's shipping manifest was off. We've got at least a box of high explosives here. No wonder the driver wanted to make off with it."
He opens the private team frequency to Shepard and Marconi. ”Guys, we have visitors. Shepard, stay in the truck. It should give you some cover, but if you know how to use those pistols don’t fire unless fired upon or we initiate contact. Marconi, get a little distance between you and the truck on the rear driver’s side. Try for cover and concealment. I’ll take the rear passenger side. If the weather is messing us up, it is likely messing them up too.”
Shepard drops the portable computer into one of the pockets of his long coat. He draws one of the laser pistols and checks the e-clip. Shepard rolls down the window on the driver's side and aims out the window. He picks up the radio in the cab as Falcon finishes relaying his orders.

"Roger that, Sergeant. Waiting on your command. Over." Shepard sets the radio down and squints towards the treeline.
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Perception (24% - Standard zone): 1d100: [8] = 8
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [47] = 47

Liam takes a look a the pale pink thing to find out what it is.

When he overhears the conversation, he winces, it should have occurred to him they might be hiding something under the spare uniforms.
Falcon turns from Marconi and responds to Shepard, ”We can hear you. No need to shout. What did you find?” We need to assume we are in enemy territory. Hell, in this world it may all be enemy territory.
Benjamin Shepard wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:45 pmShepard clears away the clothes covering the boxes of ordinance. "Looks like Marconi's shipping manifest was off. We've got at least a box of high explosives here. No wonder the driver wanted to make off with it."
He opens the private team frequency to Shepard and Marconi. ”Guys, we have visitors. Shepard, stay in the truck. It should give you some cover, but if you know how to use those pistols don’t fire unless fired upon or we initiate contact. Marconi, get a little distance between you and the truck on the rear driver’s side. Try for cover and concealment. I’ll take the rear passenger side. If the weather is messing us up, it is likely messing them up too.”
Benjamin Shepard wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:45 pmShepard drops the portable computer into one of the pockets of his long coat. He draws one of the laser pistols and checks the e-clip. Shepard rolls down the window on the driver's side and aims out the window. He picks up the radio in the cab as Falcon finishes relaying his orders.

"Roger that, Sergeant. Waiting on your command. Over." Shepard sets the radio down and squints towards the treeline.
Marconi does not have any useful special senses, and in this blizzard he has no ability to distinguish things at a distance. Therefore, he drays his vibro-dagger and prepares to repel anything that tries to get in.
User avatar
Myth and Jest
Dimension Master
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 am
Location: Chaos Earth DM

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Myth and Jest »

10:55 - 29 December – Ruined Interstate – Supply Truck

Marconi examines the pink distraction poking from beneath the seat and finds a human hand and severed forearm tucked underneath.
Shepard finds several other boxes as he removes the top layer of clothing inside the pallets. Some show labels with Meals Ready to Eat, MREs, Water, E-Clips, and one even states Portable Powercell, Nuclear. Distracted from the find, he inputs the standard password into the personal computer, which vibrates, warning him of the incorrect code.
Falcon warns the others of the possible contact and heads into the blizzard, attempting to blend into the white washout. Shepard takes position in the driver’s seat and opens the truck’s window as fridged air burns his nasal passages, and the ash chokes his lungs. Marconi stays in the supply truck.

Rex follows Falcon into the storm, and the other drones take up their assigned positions. Falcon’s physical and cybernetic senses search for whoever pinged the hound’s perimeter alarms. The drones link with Falcon, and he sees a person, wrapped in layers of civilian winter garb, approaching from the group of buildings off the side of the road to the northeast. He can’t see the person’s face because of an oversized parka hoodie lined with faux fur and a fuzzy scarf. The figure stumbles from the gusting wind and struggles in the mounting snow. As the truck comes into view, the person rushes towards it excitedly, and everyone in the vehicle sees the person emerge from the blinding snowfall. A woman’s voice calls out. “NEMA! NEMA! Help, they’re all trapped! We need your help!”
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Perception (24% - Perception): 1d100: [69] = 69
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [6] = 6

Liam realizes what he found and momentarily flinches. It then occurs to him it may be what Shepard needs, "Shepard, I found something that might unlock that comp."

Gingerly, trying to avoid the blood that is undoubtedly on it, he will attempt to retrieve the arm and hand it to the other man.

Once that is dealt with he will continue searching until Falcon lets him him know what is going on (assuming he does).

Marconi will say, "Recovering the others back to the caravan should be our goal, we need to at least listen and find out what is going on."
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

OOC Comments
Perception: 15% / 1d100: 1d100: [47] = 47
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100: 1d100: 1d100: [81] = 81
+3 v HF, 0 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, 0% vs Coma/Death, +1% vs Magic, +5 vs Insanity, +5 vs Psionics, +5 vs Possession
Liam realizes what he found and momentarily flinches. It then occurs to him it may be what Shepard needs, "Shepard, I found something that might unlock that comp."

Gingerly, trying to avoid the blood that is undoubtedly on it, he will attempt to retrieve the arm and hand it to the other man.
Watching intently and aiming out the window, eyes scanning the encroaching white, Shepard holds his hand out behind him without looking. He turns around upon feeling the hand. "Is this some kind of joke or something, Marc- Wh-What the hell?! The hell is wrong with you, Marconi? Jesus!" The severed hand tumbles out of his grasp and onto the driver's seat.

"You know. You are one sick f-" Shepard stops his rant for a moment and cocks his head to one side, glancing down at the hand. Grimacing, he picks it up and takes out the portable computer. He does his best to press the thumb against the sensor on the device.

He glances back up at Marconi. "Uh... Sorry about that."
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

(Rolls held over)

Liam admits, "Believe me, I felt much the same way when I found it, but one thing I have learned this last few weeks, you use what you have to get the job done...no matter how little you like it."
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [47] = 47
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [63] = 63
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
Pilot-Jet Pack (46%): 1d100: [81] = 81
Gymnastics – Back Flip (80%): 1d100: [93] = 93
M&J wrote: He can’t see the person’s face because of an oversized parka hoodie lined with faux fur and a fuzzy scarf. The figure stumbles from the gusting wind and struggles in the mounting snow. As the truck comes into view, the person rushes towards it excitedly, and everyone in the vehicle sees the person emerge from the blinding snowfall. A woman’s voice calls out. “NEMA! NEMA! Help, they’re all trapped! We need your help!”
Trusting that the hounds, drones, Marconi, and the new guy have his back, Falcon moves into view of the new arrival, holding his rifle at the ready. ”Hold where you are. Keep your hands away from your body and let me see your face.” I hate doing it this way, but you never know what is a trap….or a brain eating zombie spider.

Once again Falcon uses all the enhanced senses available to him. Can I hear a heartbeat? Is it normal? What about skin temp and movement?
OOC Comments
Detect Ambush (50%): 1d100: [67] = 67
Lore: Demon & Monster (40%): 1d100: [47] = 47
As he stands out in the snow Falcon keys the team radio. ”Marconi, we have a visitor. Could use a little back-up out here.”


OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+5: 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 6, 6, 4, 6] = 27 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 1, 4] = 11
Action 4: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 5, 5, 2, 4] = 21 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [3, 1, 1] = 5
Action 5: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [2, 6, 2, 6, 2] = 18 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [5, 5, 1] = 11
Action 6: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [4, 2, 2, 3, 6] = 17 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [3, 3, 3] = 9
Action 7: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [4, 5, 1, 5, 1] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [5, 2, 6] = 13

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 , 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15
Hounds
Rex:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [19] = 19

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 4, 4, 2] = 13
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 2, 1, 2] = 7
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 2, 1, 1] = 5
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 3, 1, 2] = 7
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 2, 4, 1] = 8

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 , 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 , 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 , 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 , 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 , 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [19] = 19

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 2, 2, 3] = 10
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 4, 3, 1] = 9
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 1, 1, 1] = 6
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 3, 1, 2] = 9
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 1, 1, 3] = 7

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 , 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 , 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

(Rolls held over)
Falcon wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:37 am
As he stands out in the snow Falcon keys the team radio. ”Marconi, we have a visitor. Could use a little back-up out here.”
Marconi replies, "Affirmative, on my way."

He will then exit the cab and take his rifle in his gloved hands, hoping he can see well enough in the conditions to aim.

(How far CAN Marconi see anyway?)
User avatar
Myth and Jest
Dimension Master
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 am
Location: Chaos Earth DM

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Myth and Jest »

10:56 - 29 December – Ruined Interstate – Supply Truck

Shepard places the dead thumb against the computer’s scanner, unlocking the device. Several text notifications show new messages from someone with the initials A.B. requesting status updates.
Marconi steps out of the truck cab and into the snowstorm. Visibility is poor, and he only sees six meters from the truck. The storm strengthens as the wind whips the snow around in sheets. He wouldn’t know Falcon’s position without the ping on his HUD. As he takes up position, a figure gradually materializes from the blinding snowfall as Falcon’s voice calls out.
Falcon wrote:”Hold where you are. Keep your hands away from your body and let me see your face.”
The figure stops abruptly at Falcon’s orders and slowly removes her hood and scarf. A young woman looks around with fear as she tries to discern who ordered her to stop before noticing Falcon and his rifle. The falling ash and snow gather in her dark, unkempt hair. Exhaustion sits in dark circles around her eyes, and dirt smudges her pale face. Now, at closer range, the team sees her clothing layered with dirt and other stains. She coughs from the irritating ash before clearing her throat.

“Please, we need your help. We took refuge in a subway station, and the last earthquake collapsed the entrance. The whole station is about to collapse, too! I need your help to clear the entrance, please!”

She appears to be desperate and telling the truth.
Falcon uses his senses, human and cybernetic, to examine the woman and the surrounding area. The woman’s body temperature is average for someone in a blizzard, and her heart rate is expected for the exertion of walking through piling snow; it spiked when he called out his orders. The area around the truck, covered by the drones’ sensors, is clear, though the distortion from the storm continues to grow.

All tracks of the fleeing supply trucks have disappeared beneath the new snow and ashfall.
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Perception (24%): 1d100: [18] = 18
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [23] = 23

Liam realizes this will probably be something that Falcon and his robots need to do. It calls for strength mostly, to move the rubble. Unless this train station is in a blue zone, he is just another guy with a vibro-knife. That means, it is Falcon's choice.

He says over the radio on team frequency, "We might be able to use the truck to pull some things...if we have chains of cables."

It occurs to him his home town is not all that far from here. He wonders if there might be some way he could contact his parents. It is, at least, a lot closer than Chicago or Atlanta
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [69] = 69
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [84] = 84
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
Pilot-Jet Pack (46%): 1d100: [25] = 25
Gymnastics – Back Flip (80%): 1d100: [93] = 93
M&J wrote: “Please, we need your help. We took refuge in a subway station, and the last earthquake collapsed the entrance. The whole station is about to collapse, too! I need your help to clear the entrance, please!”

She appears to be desperate and telling the truth.
Marconi wrote: He says over the radio on team frequency, "We might be able to use the truck to pull some things...if we have chains of cables."
Even with the data showing she is human, Falcon keeps his weapon at the ready. Well, it is not like we are going to track the convoy in this weather. At least we can do some good.

He speaks low so that only the team can hear. ”Marconi, I take that as a vote to help. You guys follow in the truck. You can track me with the HUD.”

Falcon directs Rosco to patrol centered on him and P. Coltrane to center on the truck. He then calls the hounds to him with the standard 5 meter distance. Approaching the woman, still cautious he leaves the radio mic on so that Marconi and Shepard can hear the conversation. ”Ok, Ma’am. Can you show us where?”



OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+5: 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [6, 5, 3, 6, 4] = 24 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 2, 3] = 11
Action 4: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [2, 4, 4, 5, 6] = 21 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [4, 5, 4] = 13
Action 5: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [1, 5, 5, 5, 1] = 17 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 5, 6] = 17
Action 6: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [3, 5, 5, 5, 5] = 23 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 6, 6] = 18
Action 7: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [4, 1, 2, 1, 6] = 14 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [4, 4, 4] = 12

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 , 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23
Hounds
Rex:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [12] = 12

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 3, 3] = 8
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 3, 4, 4] = 15
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 2, 2, 1] = 8
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 3, 2, 1] = 9
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 1, 2, 2] = 9

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [19] = 19

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 3, 4, 3] = 14
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 2, 2] = 6
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 1, 3] = 6
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 3, 4, 1] = 9
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 4, 4, 4] = 15

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 , 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 , 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 , 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 , 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 , 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

(rolls held)

Shepard looks up and nods at Marconi as he trudges off into the snow. Alright...guess I'll just stay here with the dead guy's hand...

Shepard goes back to scrolling through the messages, hoping to glean any important information from the now unlocked device.
He says over the radio on team frequency, "We might be able to use the truck to pull some things...if we have chains of cables."
He speaks low so that only the team can hear. ”Marconi, I take that as a vote to help. You guys follow in the truck. You can track me with the HUD.”
Catching the radio chatter, Shepard tosses the device and the hand onto the passenger's seat and picks up the radio.

"Roger that. Marconi, keep an eye out for the headlights. I can hardly see out here and I don't wanna run you over."
With that, Shepard kicks the truck into gear and heads off toward's Falcon's signal on the vehicle's HUD.
Dice Rolls
Computer Operation: 75%/ 1d100: [48] = 48
Pilot - Automobile: 65%/ 1d100: [5] = 5
User avatar
Myth and Jest
Dimension Master
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 am
Location: Chaos Earth DM

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Myth and Jest »

11:00 - 29 December – Ruined City

Shepard finds three text messages, all sent during the past hours. One from the sender AB states, “Break off now.” The driver replies, “Security made it through. Send Team.” AB replies by requesting the drive’s status. What is curious is that all communication networks have been down since whatever happened to the planet began and sent the world into madness. The military seems to have limited short-range communication, but the device is clearly civilian. How are they sending texts?
The woman seems relieved when Falcon directs her to lead them to the location. “It isn’t far. The subway entrance is around the corner, off the entrance ramp.” She looks from Falcon to Marconi with an expression of confusion. “Are there more soldiers in the truck? We’re going to need a lot of help.”

Marconi notices her expression. She seems more nervous than she’s presenting to them. She seems concerned that they won’t be capable of handling the job.

The woman trudges off through the piling snow and ash, covering her face with her scarf. Shepard follows the group slowly as the people on foot disappear in gusts of sleet and snow. They leave the interstate and enter the maze of city streets beneath the highway. Burnt-out vehicles and debris from collapsed buildings clutter the streets and force Shepard to wind through the wreckage. He peers around from the cab, eyeing the empty windows, and a shiver runs down his spine. There are too many empty windows, like dark eyes staring back at him. Suddenly, the wind dies, and the team appears in front of the truck, forcing him to hit the brakes as the vehicle slides to a halt inches away from Marconi.

The woman descends the steps of the subway entrance and turns back to the team. “Down here! I don’t know if there is a vehicle entrance, and there isn’t time to find one.” A quake rolls down the street as if the world was listening, shaking the truck and surrounding buildings. Falcon and Marconi brace their footings as chunks of buildings crumble around them. With a look of fearful concern, the woman turns on a lamp light from her pocket and enters the dark entrance.
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

Shepard starts to whistle idly as he drives down toward the signals of his companions. After a while he begins to notice that the burnt out husks of the cars lining the road look almost like the skeletons of dead beasts. Those windows...why is it so hard to see inside them? Did that semi-truck just...blink?

Shepard slaps himself across the face, hoping to come back to his senses. You're losing your mind, maaaaan. He looks over at the hand on the passenger's seat which has fashioned itself a mouth out of the thumb and index finger which start to open and close. Benjiii. What are your friends gonna say when they find out you're off your freakin' gord?!

Cruel laughter starts to ring in his ears and he squeezes his eyes shut. He can still feel the cars watching him though. He opens his eyes and jerks the wheel to the side, narrowly missing Marconi. Breathing heavily, he rolls down the window.

"Shit! You alright, Marconi?"

Shepard glances back over at the seat to see the hand as lifeless as ever.
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Perception (24% - Standard Zone): 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [45] = 45

Marconi flinches back as the truck misses him by inches and responds, "I have been worse condition...compared to some recent experiences, this only makes me mildly nervous."

That is absolutely true, compared to the brain spiders or the flame demon, the truck is only mildly frightening.

Marconi can see the woman is nervous, and she has reason. If we will not be able to reach down there with the truck, we might need to rely on just what we can do with our hands. He checks the truck to see if it has a winch built in. If it does not, he looks to see of there is any cable or chain in the truck...or any other tools we might use like a pry bar.
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [60] = 60
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
Gymnastics – Back Flip (80%): 1d100: [21] = 21
Shepard wrote:"Shit! You alright, Marconi?"
Marconi wrote: Marconi flinches back as the truck misses him by inches and responds, "I have been worse condition...compared to some recent experiences, this only makes me mildly nervous."
Falcon gives the truck some serious side eye as the vehicle moves by and comes to a stop. So, maybe gunner will be a better choice for his team position.
M&J wrote: The woman descends the steps of the subway entrance and turns back to the team. “Down here! I don’t know if there is a vehicle entrance, and there isn’t time to find one.” A quake rolls down the street as if the world was listening, shaking the truck and surrounding buildings. Falcon and Marconi brace their footings as chunks of buildings crumble around them. With a look of fearful concern, the woman turns on a lamp light from her pocket and enters the dark entrance.
Falcon stops when they get to the subway entrance. "Rosco, P. Coltrane keep your perimeter watch, centered on the truck." After a pause, Falcon continues. "Nora, stay under the truck. You are the first line of defense. Rex, on me."

The drones taken care of, Falcon turns to Marconi and gestures to Shepard. "The drones and Nora should be able to keep the truck safe, or at least alert us to danger. Unless you have a better idea, I say we all go down and see what we can do. Shepard, that includes you. We can use every hand we can get….. Eyes open and 5 meter intervals."

Falcon will continue to wait until Shepard is with the group and ready. Slinging his rifle to the back and drawing his pistol, he will follow close behind the woman will all his senses primed and gesture for Rex to take up the rear.

OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+4: 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: NEMA MIP-21 Ion Pistol 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 , Damage(3D6): 3d6: [2, 5, 5] = 12
Action 4: Strike: NEMA MIP-21 Ion Pistol 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11 , Damage(3D6): 3d6: [3, 2, 4] = 9
Action 5: Strike: NEMA MIP-21 Ion Pistol 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12 , Damage(3D6): 3d6: [6, 1, 4] = 11
Action 6: Strike: NEMA MIP-21 Ion Pistol 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 , Damage(3D6): 3d6: [1, 3, 6] = 10

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19
Hounds
Rex:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [6] = 6

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 3, 4, 3] = 13
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 1, 2, 2] = 8
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 1, 2, 3] = 10
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 4, 1, 4] = 10
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 2, 3, 1] = 9

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 , 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 , 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [20] = 20

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 2, 1, 1] = 8
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 1, 3, 1] = 7
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 3, 4, 2] = 12
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 4, 3, 2] = 12
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 4, 2, 2] = 10

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 , 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 , 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 , 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

OOC Comments
Perception: 15% / 1d100: 1d100: [75] = 75
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC: 1d100: 1d100: [40] = 40
+3 v HF, 0 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, 0% vs Coma/Death, +1% vs Magic, +5 vs Insanity, +5 vs Psionics, +5 vs Possession
Shepard hops down from the truck and walks over to the entrance of the subway station.

"Sounds good, Sergeant. I might not have graduated at the top of my firing range class at Quantico, but I know my way around a firearm."

He draws his laser pistol and gives Falcon a curt nod. He takes a deep breath and heads down after Falcon and Marconi into the subway station.

"By the way, I managed to get a look at some of the text messages on the driver's portable computer. The initials "AB" mean anything to you guys? I dunno about you, but I have a feeling this might have been an inside job. I thought only NEMA's communications were working reliably."
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

(Rolls carried over)
Benjamin Shepard wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:00 am "By the way, I managed to get a look at some of the text messages on the driver's portable computer. The initials "AB" mean anything to you guys? I dunno about you, but I have a feeling this might have been an inside job. I thought only NEMA's communications were working reliably."
Liam admits, "That seems to agree with one of my theories earlier. My thought was that this is some splinter group, seeking to take advantage of the chaos to set themselves up is some private kingdom."

He hopes that we will be able to locate the rest of the caravan segment eventually, but first we need to see if we can finish this rescue.
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [52] = 52
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [21] = 21
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
Shepard wrote: "Sounds good, Sergeant. I might not have graduated at the top of my firing range class at Quantico, but I know my way around a firearm."
Falcon looks back at Shepard holding the pistol properly and not pointing it at anyone. ”Good for you. I was last in my class. Cost me an arm and a leg just to graduate.”
Shepard wrote: "By the way, I managed to get a look at some of the text messages on the driver's portable computer. The initials "AB" mean anything to you guys? I dunno about you, but I have a feeling this might have been an inside job. I thought only NEMA's communications were working reliably."
Marconi wrote: Liam admits, "That seems to agree with one of my theories earlier. My thought was that this is some splinter group, seeking to take advantage of the chaos to set themselves up is some private kingdom."
Falcon doesn’t recall anyone with the initials AB off the top of his head. He opens a secure channel to Nora. ”Data retrieval. Anyone with the initials AB. Prioritize NEMA personnel first. Do not transmit. Will access manually.” That shouldn’t distract her too much from guard duty and she has the flying drones.

Falcon then addresses Marconi. ”Yep. Just wish your two buddies hadn’t been in on it, or had at least given you a warning….wait, you aren’t in on it too are you?” Falcon says this last part in a sarcastic “you think I’m crazy too…” voice hoping Marconi gets it.


OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+5: 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [4, 3, 5, 6, 3] = 21 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [5, 3, 6] = 14
Action 4: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [1, 2, 6, 6, 1] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [5, 1, 5] = 11
Action 5: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 1, 5, 2, 3] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 1, 4] = 11
Action 6: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 3, 1, 5, 5] = 19 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [1, 2, 5] = 8
Action 7: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [6, 6, 4, 2, 4] = 22 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [2, 1, 4] = 7

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20
Hounds
Rex:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [16] = 16

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 3, 2, 4] = 13
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 4, 1, 2] = 10
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 4, 4, 1] = 13
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 2, 2, 1] = 6
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 3, 2, 4] = 12

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 , 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 , 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 , 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 , 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [9] = 9

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 2, 1, 1] = 7
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 3, 2, 3] = 9
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 1, 2] = 5
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 2, 2, 2] = 9
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 1, 1, 1] = 6

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 , 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 , 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 , 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 , 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22 , 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 , 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

(Rolls carries over)
Liam says, "If I was involved, I would have stayed inside the ATV and kept warm while they shot at you, rather than disabling the gun and jumping off the top."

He knows Falcon is trying to lighten things up, but he is troubled by his friend's possibly being involved...and possibly being killed.
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

(rolls held)

Shepard watches the exchange between Marconi and Falcon and frowns a bit. "Look, uh, I didn't mean to sour the mood. I didn't know you guys knew anyone who might be involved."

He glances around as the continue descending the stairs. "Why don't we keep our minds on getting these folks out of here in one peace, yeah?"

Shepard pats Marconi on the shoulder. "Besides, AB is a pretty general set of initials, right?"
User avatar
Myth and Jest
Dimension Master
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 am
Location: Chaos Earth DM

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Myth and Jest »

11:37 - 29 December – Subway Tunnel Beneath the Ruined City

Marconi examines the truck for a cable, winch, or prybar but can’t find anything. The front of the supply truck was damaged when it crashed through abandoned wreckage on the interstate, and the cable spool looks to have been torn off at some point.

The drones take their assigned positions under and around the vehicle, and the team forms up, following the woman into the subway entrance. They descend a long stairway, a broken and twisted escalator inoperable from quake damage, a hundred meters into the earth, passing collapsed corridors and platforms. Each step increases the weight bearing over them as they slowly pass deeper beneath the surface. The air becomes warmer but stale from the inactive ventilation. The halo of lamp light reveals large cracks branching along the walls and ceiling, but everything looks stable for now. They emerge at a landing and turn off to the left, passing through a turn-style gate onto a subway platform. The area looks like a tornado had swept through and flung everything into chaos. Bed cots, makeshift tables, clothing, and supplies pile up against the walls and supporting columns as if thrown by a great force. Falcon estimates the space holds enough debris for at least a hundred people.

The woman leads the team through the debris, heads for the platform's edge, turns to the tunnel leading away from the station, and takes the steps down to the tracks. Shepard smells the sickly stench of human defecation as they follow her into the subway tunnel. She pauses and looks back.

“We used this area as the toilets since the plumbing stopped working. Keep close to the rail if you don’t want to step in anything.”

She heads deeper into the tunnel, passing through the stench until the air returns to the scent of rail oil and brake dust. The team continues for another few hundred meters until the lamp light reflects off the back of a tipped-over subway car. Several derailed cars lay tangled and crunched into a metal barrier blocking the tunnel. The woman steps between the side of the tunnel and the toppled car until they reach a giant hole, twenty feet in diameter, breached from behind the wall. Boulders and slabs of concrete extrude from the hole and across the tracks. The car’s side sheared and torn open, almost severed into two pieces.

The woman stops at the hole entrance and stands there for a minute. Another minute passes, and she appears slightly shaking until she takes a breath, turns to the team with fearful eyes, and whispers.

“We are nearly there. Keep quiet. We don’t want to disturb…” She clamps her mouth shut before finishing the sentence, turns, and leads them into the breach.

Marconi stumbles as a surge of energy washes over him like an ocean wave. They are nearing a blue zone somewhere further below.

Shepard coughs as a new stench reaches his nostrils. Something about it terrifies him, but he can’t place it.

Falcon’s thermal vision clouds into a blown-out glow as the air temperature rises.
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [28] = 28
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
Marconi wrote: Liam says, "If I was involved, I would have stayed inside the ATV and kept warm while they shot at you, rather than disabling the gun and jumping off the top."
Shepard wrote: Shepard watches the exchange between Marconi and Falcon and frowns a bit. "Look, uh, I didn't mean to sour the mood. I didn't know you guys knew anyone who might be involved."
Falcon realizes his mistake too late. Never been good with a live team. Maybe I should stick with hounds. He puts as much emotion into his voice as possible. ”Sorry buddy. That came out harsher than I intended. Never doubted you and we will find out what happened.”
M&J wrote: “We used this area as the toilets since the plumbing stopped working. Keep close to the rail if you don’t want to step in anything.”
Falcon shakes his head, glad his nose isn’t cybernetically enhanced. Well, ain’t this some sh!t. And I thought convoy duty was the best they could do to us. Now we are on latrine duty.
M&J wrote: “We are nearly there. Keep quiet. We don’t want to disturb…” She clamps her mouth shut before finishing the sentence, turns, and leads them into the breach….Falcon’s thermal vision clouds into a blown-out glow as the air temperature rises.
Falcon signals a halt with his right hand while grabbing the woman’s shoulder with his left. He hisses close to her ear trying to keep quiet. ”Wait, what are you not telling us? What don’t we want to disturb? Don’t lie, or we are out of here.”

Looking around while saying this he dims his thermal to a light overlay and focuses on his other enhanced senses such as passive nightvision and audio.



OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+5: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 5, 1, 3, 2] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [3, 2, 6] = 11
Action 4: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 3, 2, 3, 1] = 14 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [5, 6, 4] = 15
Action 5: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [1, 1, 2, 4, 3] = 11 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [2, 5, 3] = 10
Action 6: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [1, 6, 2, 6, 6] = 21 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [1, 4, 3] = 8
Action 7: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [1, 5, 3, 5, 6] = 20 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [3, 3, 4] = 10

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12
Hounds
Rex:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [16] = 16

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 3, 3, 3] = 12
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 1, 3, 3] = 11
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 4, 3, 2] = 13
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 4, 3, 4] = 12
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 3, 4, 3] = 11

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 , 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 , 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 , 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 , 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [5] = 5

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 2, 4, 1] = 11
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 1, 3, 4] = 11
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 4, 3, 2] = 12
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 4, 4, 1] = 12
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 3, 1, 2] = 7

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 , 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 , 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

OOC Comments
Perception: 15% / 1d100: 1d100: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: 1d100: [53] = 53
+3 v HF, 0 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, 0% vs Coma/Death, +1% vs Magic, +5 vs Insanity, +5 vs Psionics, +5 vs Possession
Shepard's blood runs cold as the new scent assaults his olfactory nerves. He grips his pistol tightly and squints his eyes, attempting to see what might be lurking in the darkness. His other hand moves shakily to the inside of his coat, withdrawing the ceremonial dagger and clutching it at the ready. Shepard turns to Falcon, all the color gone from his face.

"Sergeant? I've got a really bad feeling about this place. We need to get whoever we can and get out of here, yesterday."
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Perception (48% - Blue Zone): 1d100: [15] = 15
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [26] = 26

Liam says, loudly enough to be heard, "There is power here."

He observes how nervous their guide is, and also the newcomer. He decides he needs to know if there is something living and alien that is the cause of this nervousness, so opens his senses to see if there are otherworldly beings nearby (Trying to sense Supernatural Beings and Entities).

If he does not sense an imminent threat, we can continue on. Otherwise, he will have to try to act.

Actions: 5/Round, Initiative 1d20: [11] = 11 , Attack +0, Damage (Rifle 2d6 MDC, otherwise Varies), Parry +3, Dodge +3
Action 1) If he senses an Entity, attempt to communicate with it. If he senses a Supernatural threat, attempt to attack it with Rifle 1d20: [3] = 3 , If he hits something that can be damaged 2d6: [5, 4] = 9 if there is an attack he might parry, Parry 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11
Action 2) If there is an entity, and it is willing to communicate, then talk with it. If It is not willing to talk, then try attacking with rifle, if attacks with rifle fail, then activate his Energy Fist power. Attack (With Rifle) 1d20: [1] = 1 , Damage 2d6: [1, 2] = 3 , Parry 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6
Action 3) If attacked with rifle last round, but did no damage, then activate Energy Fist, Otherwise, continue previous action: Attack 1d20: [20] = 20 , Damage 2d6: [6, 1] = 7 , Parry 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6
Action 4) Continue Previous action: Attack 1d20: [2] = 2 , Damage 2d6: [6, 4] = 10 , Parry 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11
Action 5) Deserved for Dodge if needed: 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20
User avatar
Myth and Jest
Dimension Master
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 am
Location: Chaos Earth DM

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Myth and Jest »

11:47 - 29 December – Rough Hewed Tunnel Beneath the Ruined City

As the team steps over the concrete debris of the shattered subway wall and into the darkness, Falcon grabs the woman’s shoulder and demands answers.

Shepard notices the rough edges of the natural tunnel, which is no longer the constructed part of the subway. Large gouges cut through the sides of the earth as if a hundred giant hands tore open the tunnel, and he realizes machinery didn’t create it. The smell of sulfur emanates from the rock walls, a smell he will never forget as the memory of an ash-enshrouded beast with burning coal sends a chill of terror down his spine.

Marconi reaches out with his mind, opening a door to something long dormant within him. His connection to the Blue Zone floods his senses, and the world shifts in perspective to show him things beyond his physical knowledge. A shining blue river of power flows five hundred meters down at the end of the tunnel. He gazes in wonder and the feeling of connection until a dark silhouette steps between him and the shimmering energy. It’s as if a shadow stepped between the sky’s reflection and a puddle’s surface. Nausea creeps through his bowels. Something evil lies at the end of the tunnel, but it’s lethargic.

The woman looks back at Falcon, and her face drains pale when he mentions leaving. “Please, you can’t. You have to save them! You’re NEMA!” Her voice cracks, echoing off the walls, and she flinches before whispering. “Something took them, all of them. I don’t know what, but it is big, gigantic. I only saw glimpses of a hulking mass. I was scavenging when it took them, but I followed its trail down here. It has them in some kind of lair by one of those blue energy walls. You have to believe me. I’m not crazy!” Her eyes are wide, and her heart beats rapidly to Falcon’s enhanced hearing
User avatar
Benjamin Shepard
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Benjamin Shepard »

Oh Jesus. Oh Jesus Christ. It can't be. It can't be!

Shepard is shaken back to reality by the woman's shouting. He glances down at his hands to find them shaking, his weapons dangling loosely from his finger tips. He furrows his brow and grips them tightly. The voice in his head seems to calm a bit as he listens to the woman's pleas intently. Well, Ben, I guess you can't run from your problems forever. Tell him.

Shepard speaks up. "She's right, Sergeant. I know things are fucked, right now, but if you can't count on NEMA when the world is gone to shit, who can you count on? I just wanna let you know that if you're going down there, I'm with you all the way."
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Perception (48% - Blue Zone): 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [10] = 10
Myth and Jest wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:06 pm 11:47 - 29 December – Rough Hewed Tunnel Beneath the Ruined City
Marconi reaches out with his mind, opening a door to something long dormant within him. His connection to the Blue Zone floods his senses, and the world shifts in perspective to show him things beyond his physical knowledge. A shining blue river of power flows five hundred meters down at the end of the tunnel. He gazes in wonder and the feeling of connection until a dark silhouette steps between him and the shimmering energy. It’s as if a shadow stepped between the sky’s reflection and a puddle’s surface. Nausea creeps through his bowels. Something evil lies at the end of the tunnel, but it’s lethargic.

The woman looks back at Falcon, and her face drains pale when he mentions leaving. “Please, you can’t. You have to save them! You’re NEMA!” Her voice cracks, echoing off the walls, and she flinches before whispering. “Something took them, all of them. I don’t know what, but it is big, gigantic. I only saw glimpses of a hulking mass. I was scavenging when it took them, but I followed its trail down here. It has them in some kind of lair by one of those blue energy walls. You have to believe me. I’m not crazy!” Her eyes are wide, and her heart beats rapidly to Falcon’s enhanced hearing
Benjamin Shepard wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:10 am Shepard speaks up. "She's right, Sergeant. I know things are fucked, right now, but if you can't count on NEMA when the world is gone to shit, who can you count on? I just wanna let you know that if you're going down there, I'm with you all the way."
Marconi says to the woman, "We believe you madame, it is not the first time we have encountered such things."

He thinks, Not that we have not come through those encounters by the skin of our teeth.

He glances at Shepard curiously, before saying to Falcon, "There is something there all right, I am close enough now to feel its presence. It is potent and very dangerous to us, but is also not fully awake. It feels something like a large snake that has recently eaten a full meal and is digesting possibly."

He looks at Shepard again and explains, "I have not figured it out in detail yet, but for some reason, the blue lines we see sometimes act as Einstein-Rosen Bridges, connecting the Earth to other places and allowing passage. There is considerable energy in the interface, even when it is quiescent, and I have discovered I have the ability to tap a portion of that energy. One of the side effects seems to be a sensitivity to beings that have crossed from the other side of the bridges. One such is in this area. Perhaps we should send the Dogbot ahead to scout?"

He considers using those powers and using some kine of protective effect, but for the first time it occurs to him to wonder, If I can sense such things, can they also sense me? If so, would I become more visible to their senses when I actively draw upon the energies?

He realizes there is only one way to find out, "I want to try something, this should increase Mr. Shepard's chances of survival, but it may alert the enemy to our presence. Should I proceed?"

Combat Preparations: He will cast Armor of Ithan on Shepard first, then on the woman, on Falcon, and on himself, this will take one minute, leaving 3 minutes on the spell.
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [92] = 92
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [24] = 24
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
M&J wrote: The woman looks back at Falcon, and her face drains pale when he mentions leaving. “Please, you can’t. You have to save them! You’re NEMA!” Her voice cracks, echoing off the walls, and she flinches before whispering. “Something took them, all of them. I don’t know what, but it is big, gigantic. I only saw glimpses of a hulking mass. I was scavenging when it took them, but I followed its trail down here. It has them in some kind of lair by one of those blue energy walls. You have to believe me. I’m not crazy!” Her eyes are wide, and her heart beats rapidly to Falcon’s enhanced hearing
Shepard wrote: Shepard speaks up. "She's right, Sergeant. I know things are fucked, right now, but if you can't count on NEMA when the world is gone to shit, who can you count on? I just wanna let you know that if you're going down there, I'm with you all the way."
Marconi wrote: Marconi says to the woman, "We believe you madame, it is not the first time we have encountered such things."
For once Falcon waits as the three of them almost tumble over each other to speak. ”Ma’am, we believe you. If you are crazy, so are we." Falcon pauses to look at Marconi and then more closely at Shepard. Some maybe more than others.

He looks back at the woman and increases the intensity in his voice. "But you led us into danger not knowing what we were facing. That could have gotten all of us killed."
Marconi wrote: Perhaps we should send the Dogbot ahead to scout?
Falcon places a protective hand on Rex. ”He is more of a combat hound. I don’t have any Scout Pups. We are better off with his longer range sensors.”
Marconi wrote: He realizes there is only one way to find out, "I want to try something, this should increase Mr. Shepard's chances of survival, but it may alert the enemy to our presence. Should I proceed?“
Falcon doesn’t realize the specifics of what Marconi is going to do, but knows it is some of the voodoo he does so well. He looks to the woman and Shepard. ”The lines and changes in this world have impacted everyone one way or the other. This includes me and Marconi." Hopefully it will be easier to take if he doesn’t just point the finger at Marconi.

”He is going to do some Merlin type stuff to help protect us, including Rex I hope. It won’t hurt." Falcon pauses a second, then looks at the woman. ”You got us this far. When Marconi says you are good. Go back and wait in the truck. My drones will protect you, but also stop you if you try to leave."

Falcon then looks at Marconi and gives a thumbs up to go ahead and turns to Shepard. ”How many of those pistols do you have? You want a back-up?” Gesturing with his ion pistol.
Skills Rolls
Detect Ambush (50%): 1d100: [4] = 4
Prowl (55%): 1d100: [87] = 87
Lore: Demon & Monster (40%): 1d100: [15] = 15
Tracking: Humanoids (55%): 1d100: [25] = 25
- Tracking is less to find the creature as to look for signs of activity, how many, etc.

OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+5: 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [1, 5, 3, 2, 5] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 3, 3] = 12
Action 4: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [4, 6, 5, 2, 3] = 20 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [3, 2, 5] = 10
Action 5: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [1, 4, 6, 2, 4] = 17 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [5, 6, 5] = 16
Action 6: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 4, 4, 5, 4] = 22 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [4, 2, 4] = 10
Action 7: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [6, 2, 2, 1, 2] = 13 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [1, 4, 1] = 6

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22
Hounds
Rex:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [8] = 8

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 2, 4, 4] = 14
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 4, 3] = 9
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 1, 4, 4] = 11
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 4, 3, 3] = 12
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 3, 1, 1] = 6

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 , 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 , 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22 , 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 , 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [12] = 12

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 4, 2, 4] = 11
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 1, 4, 1] = 8
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 3, 4, 1] = 10
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 4, 2, 3] = 11
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 4, 4, 4] = 16

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 , 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 , 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 , 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 , 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 , 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Falcon wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:38 am
”He is going to do some Merlin type stuff to help protect us, including Rex I hope. It won’t hurt." Falcon pauses a second, then looks at the woman. ”You got us this far. When Marconi says you are good. Go back and wait in the truck. My drones will protect you, but also stop you if you try to leave."
Liam snorts, "To paraphrase a famous author, any sufficiently misunderstood science is generally considered magic. Just because I do not know how it works does not mean it is not explainable."

He adds the dogbot to those he is casting protection on, leaving it for last.
User avatar
Myth and Jest
Dimension Master
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 am
Location: Chaos Earth DM

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Myth and Jest »

12:00 - 29 December – Demon’s Lair Beneath the Ruined City

Falcon watches the battle of the woman’s courage versus her fear play across her face when he directs her to leave back to the truck. She instinctively glances back towards safety but shakes her head. “No. My family is down there. We don’t leave each other behind. If you have an extra weapon, I’ll take it, but either way, I’m coming with or without you. And the people won’t hesitate to trust me, but they might if they only see you.” She looks back at Falcon with a defiant gaze.

Just at the edge of his limits to draw power from the Blue Zone, Marconi reaches out with his mind and bends faint strands to his will. He forms the idea of impenetrable armor with his imagination and layers the energy fields around his teammates. Everyone feels their hair stand on end as the static field envelopes them. A light static discharge snaps between Marconi and Rex as he places the magical armor around the combat hound, numbing his hand with shock.

The team descends farther down the dark tunnel. Falcon notices human footmarks headed in the same direction. The tracks are scattered and disturbed by long gouges and scratches, like hundreds of claws carved through the earth. The visual of the marks combines with his computer’s warning of sulphuric particles in the atmosphere and a long-forgotten memory crashes to the forefront with one word: Demon. He can’t remember much other than a giant burrowing demon that’s blind, and he only remembers because the artist’s interpretation of the beast looked like a huge turd; his twelve-year-old’s sense of humor couldn’t help but giggle. Distracted by the memory, he stumbles on a loose rock, kicking it down the tunnel, sending loud crashes reverberating until they slowly fade. The woman whips back at Falcon with a death stare as everyone pauses, waiting for a reaction that never comes.

Every meter they step feels like another mile of earth bearing down on them with suffocating weight. Time seems meaningless in the dim lighting of the lamp, seconds being minutes or hours, until a point of blue light appears in the distance. The woman clicks off her light. Everyone’s normal eyes suddenly darken, slowly adjusting to the rippling glow at the end of the tunnel. A few more steps bring the team to a broad, low-ceiling cavern about double the size of a football field but only twenty feet high. A blue wall of energy shimmers like a vertical river against the far wall, filling the area with sharp, contrasting shadows and stark light, similar to driving at night and starting into high-beam headlights.

Human body parts litter the floor. Severed limbs, chunks of torsos, and heads from dozens of people lay tossed about in puddles of blood. The scene looks reminiscent of a horror movie, so unbelievable that it must be fake, if not for the stench of fear and soiled humanity. The cavern seems empty until a low vibration runs through the ground, builds into a loud rumbling snort, and a cloud of gas spews from an enormous shadow near the far end. The shadow sighs and rolls over, revealing a huddled mass of survivors clinging together. The intense lighting makes identification hard to see, but about a dozen people, covered in dirt, blood, and torn clothing, sit terrified near the energy wall. Between the survivors and the team lies a giant grub-like beast, its bulk nearly scraping the ceiling when it rolled over. The tubular house-sized creature rolls again in its slumber, exposing a pale, soft underbelly of almost translucent skin. The team sees extended outlines of shapes within the flesh: gasping faces pressing outward, hands and feet distending, and other human body parts distorting the elastic flesh as they digest. Almost a hundred people fill the long larve-like creature’s underbelly, eerily similar to exposed intestines. The monster vibrates into a large burp, spewing gas, and rolls back, hiding the horror within its body.

Through his cybernetic senses, Falcon realizes some of those people consumed by the beast are still alive as they slowly digest.

Marconi feels waves of evil emanating from the beast, overloading his senses like staring into the sun.

Shepard views the horrific scene with a growing rage until his eyes set on the vile creature, and hatred explodes within him. This abomination must die.

OOC Comments
Roll Save vs. Horror. Good luck. :|
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

OOC Comments
Perception: 18% / 1d100: [96] = 96
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [67] = 67
+2 v HF, +2 v Lethal/Non-lethal Toxins, +6% vs Coma/Death, +2 vs Magic, +2 vs Insanity, +2 vs Psionics
Skills
Prowl (55%): 1d100: [69] = 69
Detect Ambush (50%): 1d100: [43] = 43
Save vs Horror Factor (+2-1): 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9
M&J wrote: Falcon watches the battle of the woman’s courage versus her fear play across her face when he directs her to leave back to the truck. She instinctively glances back towards safety but shakes her head. “No. My family is down there. We don’t leave each other behind. If you have an extra weapon, I’ll take it, but either way, I’m coming with or without you. And the people won’t hesitate to trust me, but they might if they only see you.” She looks back at Falcon with a defiant gaze.
Falcon turns from Shepard and attempts to stare down the woman. Crap, this helmet makes that hard. He addresses Shepard before shifting the ion pistol he is holding and his attention to the woman. ”Sorry buddy, looks like you get only what you have. Ok lady. Do you know how to use one of these things?” Falcon then takes 30 seconds to show her the safety, how to aim, and how to shoot before giving her 2 extra e-clips. ”You do not shoot unless Marconi or I tell you to. I expect to get those back when this is done AND if you point it at any of us, including Rex, I will take it back forcefully. We good?”

Without waiting for a response he continues on the mission.
M&J wrote: The team descends farther down the dark tunnel. Falcon notices human footmarks headed in the same direction. The tracks are scattered and disturbed by long gouges and scratches, like hundreds of claws carved through the earth. The visual of the marks combines with his computer’s warning of sulphuric particles in the atmosphere and a long-forgotten memory crashes to the forefront with one word: Demon. He can’t remember much other than a giant burrowing demon that’s blind, and he only remembers because the artist’s interpretation of the beast looked like a huge turd; his twelve-year-old’s sense of humor couldn’t help but giggle.
Falcon pauses a second as he attempts to remember more. Unfortunately, all that comes to mind is how the twin’s who GM’d for their group – Mike & John – giggled louder than the rest and couldn’t stop making STD jokes. Who would have thought what I did in middle school may save my life now.
M&J wrote: Everyone’s normal eyes suddenly darken, slowly adjusting to the rippling glow at the end of the tunnel. A few more steps bring the team to a broad, low-ceiling cavern about double the size of a football field but only twenty feet high. A blue wall of energy shimmers like a vertical river against the far wall, filling the area with sharp, contrasting shadows and stark light, similar to driving at night and starting into high-beam headlights….about a dozen people, covered in dirt, blood, and torn clothing, sit terrified near the energy wall. Between the survivors and the team lies a giant grub-like beast, its bulk nearly scraping the ceiling when it rolled over. The tubular house-sized creature rolls again in its slumber, exposing a pale, soft underbelly of almost translucent skin. The team sees extended outlines of shapes within the flesh: gasping faces pressing outward, hands and feet distending, and other human body parts distorting the elastic flesh as they digest.
Falcon takes a knee on the edge of the tunnel behind any cover he can find, signaling a halt. Rex takes up a similar position on the other side of the tunnel. Knowing neither the woman nor Shepard have internal coms, Falcon reluctantly speaks in the quietist voice he can. ”We get the survivors out alive first, then decide if we fall back or take the slug out. I think it is blind, don’t ask me why. Thoughts on getting the people’s attention? Maybe flashing a light at them?” Looking at each member in turn to emphasize his words. ”We stay calm. We work together. And we get out alive.”


OOC Comments
In case of violence: Initiative +4 (+5 w/rifles)
Initiative: 1d20+5: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12

Actions performed not necessarily in this order (6 actions +1 with Rifle)

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [3, 2, 3, 1, 1] = 10 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [2, 4, 3] = 9
Action 4: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [3, 1, 2, 4, 4] = 14 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [1, 5, 2] = 8
Action 5: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [5, 6, 6, 4, 5] = 26 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [6, 2, 3] = 11
Action 6: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [4, 4, 1, 5, 3] = 17 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [3, 5, 2] = 10
Action 7: Strike: Rifle 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , Damage - SDC (5D6): 5d6: [4, 3, 1, 3, 5] = 16 , Damage - MDC (3D6): 3d6: [1, 6, 3] = 10

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 , 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 , 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13
Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10
Hounds
Rex:

Prowl (45% (roll]1d100[/roll]
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [20] = 20

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 1, 4, 2] = 10
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 1, 4, 3] = 10
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [3, 1, 1, 3] = 8
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 4, 2, 3] = 13
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 1, 3, 3] = 8

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 , 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 , 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19 , 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18

Nora:
Initiative
Initiative: 1d20: 1d20: [11] = 11

Actions performed not necessarily in this order

Action 1: Reserved for Dodge
Action 2: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [1, 3, 1, 1] = 6
Action 3: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 3, 3, 3] = 13
Action 4: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 1, 2, 2] = 9
Action 5: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [2, 2, 1, 3] = 8
Action 6: Strike: Head Lasers: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 , Damage – MDC (4D4): 4d4: [4, 2, 2, 4] = 12

Parries/Dodges
Parries (+1 included): 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 , 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 , 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 , 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5
Dodges (+4 included): 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 , 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19 , 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18
Liam Marconi
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:21 am

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Liam Marconi »

Perception (48%: Blue Zone): 1d100: [100] = 100
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [51] = 51

HF: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14

Marconi sees the disgusting creature and wonders how many people it has devoured. He thinks aloud, "It is blind, it probably reacts to movement, so if the people try to leave it will react unless something distracts it. The ones it swallowed whole have at most minutes to live, their only chance would be if someone slit open the belly of the creature and then immediately applied a neutralizing agent to prevent more damage from the acid. I might be able to slow it down or hold it so the ones outside can get away. If it is feeling vibrations in the ground, perhaps something in the air might get close."

Lore: Demon and Monster (50%): 1d100: [16] = 16

He admits to himself that he is speculating wildly, but better to have some idea what can be done.
Falcon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:40 am
Falcon takes a knee on the edge of the tunnel behind any cover he can find, signaling a halt. Rex takes up a similar position on the other side of the tunnel. Knowing neither the woman nor Shepard have internal coms, Falcon reluctantly speaks in the quietist voice he can. ”We get the survivors out alive first, then decide if we fall back or take the slug out. I think it is blind, don’t ask me why. Thoughts on getting the people’s attention? Maybe flashing a light at them?” Looking at each member in turn to emphasize his words. ”We stay calm. We work together. And we get out alive.”
Liam says, "We can try using her flashlight, but I get the feeling that, even in a digestive torpor, it will react to people on the ground nearby trying to leave. We can test that, but whoever first tries to break free may be eaten. If it reacts to sound, instead of ground vibration, then perhaps a sufficiently loud noise will temporarily render it unable to track. It may react to heat instead."

He sighs, "Monsters are not really my specialty, I am speculating. We may just need to try everything we can until something works."

He looks at Falcon regretfully, "My best suggestion at the moment, I fly in and fire some shots to get its attention while the woman leads the others out. When the people are a bit away, I try to slow the thing down, then you launch grenades at it and bring the roof down. I do not think the ones eaten will survive without a full medical facility to treat them."
OOC Comments
Hopefully someone can dredge up enough information about this creature to know how it tracks prey, and what hurts it.

Actions: 5/Round, Initiative 1d20: [3] = 3 , Attack +0, Damage (Rifle 2d6 MDC, otherwise Varies), Parry +3, Dodge +3
Action 1: Cast Fly like a Superhuman
Action 2: Fly to a good location and take a shot - Attack 1d20: [8] = 8 , Damage 2d6: [6, 2] = 8
Action 3: Keep attacking and flying to try to stay out of reach if possible - attack 1d20: [2] = 2 , damage 2d6: [3, 3] = 6
Action 4 & 5: Reserved for Dodge - 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 . 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7
User avatar
Falcon
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Re: Hold Back the Night. Chapter 4.

Post by Falcon »

(Rolls Carry Over)
Marconi wrote:"It is blind, it probably reacts to movement, so if the people try to leave it will react unless something distracts it. The ones it swallowed whole have at most minutes to live, their only chance would be if someone slit open the belly of the creature and then immediately applied a neutralizing agent to prevent more damage from the acid. I might be able to slow it down or hold it so the ones outside can get away. If it is feeling vibrations in the ground, perhaps something in the air might get close."
Falcon turns to Marconi and lowers his voice even more. "Smart. I hadn't considered vibrations or noise. My jet pack is not loud, but it isn't silent either. Can you hold it in place, or make its sleep deeper?"
Marconi wrote:"My best suggestion at the moment, I fly in and fire some shots to get its attention while the woman leads the others out. When the people are a bit away, I try to slow the thing down, then you launch grenades at it and bring the roof down.
Falcon looks to both the woman and Shepard. Why do I keep looking between them? It is not like they can see my eyes move in this helmet. Hell, I don't even have eyes anymore.

"Shepard, meet the real Marconi. Always willing to fly into danger for others. Ma'am, are you willing to possibly go out there and become a target to get your people out? If so, lead them to the truck. It has a heater and cold weather gear in the back. Do not touch the weapons." Next to Marconi. "Unless you have a better suggestion, we go with Marconi's plan. Rex and I stay here sniping it until everyone is clear. You can either stay here shooting from the tunnel or go with the civilians."

Falcon then holds his arm out to Marconi for a warrior's, forearm to forearm, hand shake.
Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”