[VR] Theora System Part 3

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

((rolls carried over))
Dr. White wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:39 pm Turning to Zilch and Bert White says ”I can use telemechanics to operate the ship’s weapons reasonably well, but we probably want a trained operator for the main gun. If we get close enough I can teleport over and cause some havoc on board. S’pose we should get the Cap’n first though. Absent any orders to the contrary White sets up at one of the weapons consoles but holds off on using telemechanics until they get closer to the enemy vessel.
Are we there already?

Zilch opens one eye.

"What kind of gun?" He asks curiously. The monster has some skill with heavy military weapons, but has no idea what the ship would want him to shoot.

"Much prefer you teleport me aboard that ship. I love visiting strange new ships. Meeting interesting people. And devouring them." He recalls the last fight in the Kibiko. "And this time, it won't not our ship taking damage when the shooting starts."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [36] = 36 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Telepathy [60ft | 8min | Read Surface Thoughts]

Skills:
Radio, Basic: 1d100: [27] = 27 /75% [Help M with MHz]

Post:

Ashrak is quite pleased with his Anti-Matter K-Hex concoction, taking notes of how he is doing it in his holographic computer with random spurts of giggles that sound like something out of a horror flick. Ashrak is so enthralled with his work, he hardly hears Vinny as she speaks after she left her to check the sensor equipment. "Yes, yes. Better off, I have six quite excellent fangarms that work much better than bipedal hands. Inefficient for most things, they are, yes." Ashrak purrs to himself, nodding. Though bipedals are quite entertaining to have around. No wonder M keeps several around. Ashrak muses, not placing the Phantom in the same category as the bipedals of the group. Ashrak's ponderings have him mostly ignore Vinny's explanation, though Ashrak does note the apparent speed of their pursuer as the alien begins thinking on delivery methods. "Hmm, yes, how to deliver this beautiful bomb, though. I could ride it and hide it from their sensors, mmm, that'd be a story for Telshak, yes. She'd be soooo jealous, OH, maybe I record it for her! Though, if I die, Father would be quite disappointed... which just makes me tingle. Hehehe" Ashrak is mumbling to himself when MOD walks in.
M wrote:"Alright, I think I have a way to scramble their radars, but I need to troubleshoot with someone or two," ey says. "We don't have any jamming tech on the ship, but I might be able to improvise something. If I blast a high pitched frequency on the right radio channel, it could, in theory, hit their radar with a lot of interference. That way they won't be able to detect the mine until they feel the blast. But I got to hit the right frequency, what do you two think? Got a mega-hertz that you like?"
Ashrak perks up. "Oh, yes! Much better than my idea, I think, hehe! You are full of wonderful ideas, my captain! With a penchant for explosions, like me, hehehe. And Vinny, your bipedal presence is most needed now in the cockpit, I think, hehehe." Ashrak agrees, partially dismissing his kamikaze idea for the briefest of moments. "Come, come! I am much better at explosions than radios, and you... I've also heard rumors you phantoms are quite adept at illusions, as well, no?" Ashrak openly ponders towards MOD. "Illusions may serve well as decoys? Perhaps I can even... ride the bomb over to their ship and cloak it from detection. Make it easy for me to guide it to hit them, and crawl into their hull after it breaches..." Ashrak stops floating, coils and turns wickedly. "We could always use more ships, right?!" Ashrak's words drip of malicious amusement. "If it survives." He adds, referring specifically to the ship and not their crew or himself.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 / 35% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [53] = 53 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [3] = 3

Vinny is practically on auto-pilot as she moves about the shuttle whispering back and forth with her armor, completely lost in her own world. Even when she reads the sensors and gives an explanation of what's going on, it's not until a few moments after that she blinks and makes a gagging sound. "Ugh. Remind me never to talk again when I'm having a conversation."

Nonsensical remark aside, Vinny is mostly aware of the situation. Transport ship moving in way faster than normally possible, probably aggressive. Soon enough, a grin is splitting the Atlantean's face underneath her helmet. "So! We looking to have fun or run off?
MOD wrote:M walks back to cargo where Ashrak and Vinny are putting the finishing touches on the upgraded mine. "Alright, I think I have a way to scramble their radars, but I need to troubleshoot with someone or two," ey says. "We don't have any jamming tech on the ship, but I might be able to improvise something. If I blast a high pitched frequency on the right radio channel, it could, in theory, hit their radar with a lot of interference. That way they won't be able to detect the mine until they feel the blast. But I got to hit the right frequency, what do you two think? Got a mega-hertz that you like?"

After a pause, ey adds, "If we're feeling ambitious we can try throwing some decoys first, see if I am scrambling their radar or if they alter their course to avoid the trap? Or too much? We just drop this once and pray to Jonny? Also, what's this thing's blast radius?"
"77.1," Vinny responds immediately. "White noise is great to drown out voices I hate. Sometimes there's even music." As for the second question, the Atlantean shrugs. "Big. Was just fucking around with the wires and getting things hooked up. Did rig a bunch of scrap to it, get it to frag a bit." She clearly was no demo-expert. Who let her work on a mine again?
Ashrak wrote:"...And Vinny, your bipedal presence is most needed now in the cockpit, I think, hehehe..."
Vinny gives a lazy finger at the floating alien, not caring if the gesture's meaning gets through or not, she clearly doesn't care all that much if it does. "Yeah, yeah, play around with the radio and the big boom without the shoot-y lady, I get it."

Despite her grumbling, she does get into the cockpit and make to actually keep the shuttle on track of things. And fruitlessly checking for any weapon systems she might have missed.

Passed! - Pilot: Small Spacecraft: 1d100: [80] = 80 / 87% - Keep the ship doing whatever MOD needs it to be doing.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>

More rolls
Radio: basic (87%) 1d100<85: [94] = 0 - Turn on, tune in
Mimic sounds and whistles (85%) 1d100<85: [45*] = 1 - drop out
Ashrak wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:27 pm"Oh, yes! Much better than my idea, I think, hehe! ... Illusions may serve well as decoys? Perhaps I can even... ride the bomb over to their ship and cloak it from detection. Make it easy for me to guide it to hit them, and crawl into their hull after it breaches..."
M pauses to seriously considers the option, raising a finger and shushing Vinny if she tries to chime in. I could just fux off into space and let these two chuckleheads fly the shuttle back to Grizz... but I'd have to stay corporeal to trigger the mine but in energy form to cloak it... "Too risky. One of us would have to stay too close to the mine to keep it cloaked. Our best bet is to jam their radar."
Phara Vin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:14 pm"77.1. White noise is great to drown out voices I hate. Sometimes there's even music... Yeah, yeah, play around with the radio and the big boom without the shoot-y lady, I get it."
"Alright, so we got a plan then,"M says. "Vinny, I'll need you to take the wheel. Ash, I'm going to be on the radio, so I'll emit a signal strobe to let you know when it's time drop the mine." Ey flashes a pulse of light from eir hand. "And I'll signal a second time when to trigger the mine." Ey flashes Ash again. "Vinny, let's go up front."

MOD goes to the radar console and checks the distance between the shuttle and its pursuers. Ey does one more quick calculation to make sure ey knows when to start phreaking out. Ey turns on the radio and adjusts it to the low end of the radio band, somewhere between 7000 and 7500 mhz. Let's see if this works... Ey then clears eir throat before letting out a slow off-kilter wavering drone. Ey watches the radar carefully, if the shuttles radar jams, ey knows that ey are blocking radar.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [19] = 19 ; 1d100: [5] = 5
Conditions: None.
HP: 35/35
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 42/42
P.P.E.: 155/155
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy)
M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
Ammo: 60/60 Shotgun shells.

Nurse Ratchet wrote:"I can clear the asteriod field as quickly as I can. That will take about 10 minutes. We can cast a spell and then make a bee-line at Mach 22 and reach MOD's shuttle in about 5 minutes. They can then take five minutes to board, and we can then decide to either fight or get away. I can also try a superluminal travel spell, of which it will take less than 5 seconds to get to where MOD are, but we are currently in system, and we might hit something on the way. We also will need about a minute to come to manageable speed. But it will buy us more time to prep. What are your opinions?"
Bert thinks for a moment. "Let's do the spell, I'd rather the captain be onboard when this all goes down." Bert says.
Nurse Ratchet wrote:"Per armaments, we have the 8 laser turrets that can also fire whatever kind of spells a tech wizard can program into them, albeit we don't have enough time for that. I also have a large particle cannon underneath. One of you can control the cannon, it can be controlled like a turret from any of the consoles, and we can put the laser turrets into two groups of 4. You have about 200 mile range with the particle cannon, and another 20 miles or so with the lasers. I also have an array of spells that I can cast that might prove to be helpful. And while you are firing, I can fly and try and keep us out of harms way."
"Hmmm. Bert vocalizes. "Pirates most likely, I can't fathom why the TGE would be out here." Bert says.
Nurse Ratchet wrote:"I can tell where MOD's shuttle is and where it is going, so I can focus the radio signal to a narrow enough beam so it wouldn't be as susceptible to jamming. Bert, Dr. White, what do I do?"
"Let's get moving, the faster we're there the faster we can figure out the next step." Bert says.
Zilch wrote:"Wake me when we get there." Then Zilch leans back in his seat, closes his eyes, and begins snoring softly.
Bert chuckles and nods. "I can do that bud," Bert says softly. At least he's my friend.
Dr. White wrote:”Are we gonna go for a ship to ship battle? Should I psionically link to a turret or something? Or is it a boarding action? I suppose we’ll find out when we get there. Oooooo, this is so exciting! Maybe they’ll have booty we can steal!"
Dr. White wrote:"I can use telemechanics to operate the ship’s weapons reasonably well, but we probably want a trained operator for the main gun. If we get close enough I can teleport over and cause some havoc on board. S’pose we should get the Cap’n first though. Absent any orders to the contrary White sets up at one of the weapons consoles but holds off on using telemechanics until they get closer to the enemy vessel."[/b]
Bert shrugs. "The weapon systems on this ship are interesting, so yeah it may be a good idea to have you at a gunnery station. I totally agree on getting the captain as well." Bert says, confirming with Dr. White.
Zilch wrote:"What kind of gun?"
"Well we have eight point defense guns and a main cannon, but that is fired from the Captain's chair." Bert answers.
Zilch wrote:"Much prefer you teleport me aboard that ship. I love visiting strange new ships. Meeting interesting people. And devouring them. And this time, it won't not our ship taking damage when the shooting starts."
Bert inwardly blanches at the thought of Zilch just eating people, but tries to not react. "May be what we do, it'll be up to the captain. The Reign of Death standard has a crew of six or eight and can hold up to fifty or sixty troopers, if I remember the old UWW briefings. And Grizzelbalck says it's modified, so who knows." Bert says.

"Either way we need to get there or we'll be picking some of the crew up with a vacuum." Bert says. MOD should be fine, if they hide in any case.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Zilch wrote: He decides to reassure the ship, "This won't be too hard Grizzelblak. The important thing is to relax."
Grizzelblak audibly makes a noise that audibly sounds like she was breathing out a long breath.

"Right. Thanks."

The airlock clamps themselves shut as the space moth disembarks from the asteriod. Pushing away gracefully, Grizzelblak's change in momentum can be felt by the ship's crew as she propels herself through the void of space via forces unknown. She takes a moment, as if to make sure the crew is properly strapped in. Then without warning, she accelerates briskly.

"Boys, strap in and don't black out on me."

Suddenly, view screens showing the torso of the Grizzelblak light up momentarily as a shimmering field surround Grizzelblak. The accelerometer starts climbing quickly as the crew suddenly the entire body press into their seats.

Steadying herself at a constant rate of acceleration of 85m/s^2, the speedometer climbs to steadily to Mach 10. It is a harrowing 40 seconds as Grizzelblak accelerates while she is navigate the asteriod field. Then without warning, the crew begin to regain their bearings. The acceleration has stopped and the crew can breathe easy again.

Within 10 minutes, she is out of the asteriod field. The hue of the mystical field around Grizzelblak changes color, and the accelerometer climbs again. This time however, the crew feel no discomfort. The sensation is much more comfortable this time. A quick gander at the aft view cameras show that Grizzelblak is enveloped by a faintly purple bubble, and it is leaving a comet like trail.

As suddenly as Grizzelblak streaks across the darkness of space, she comes to a gentle stop.

"We're here at the desired co-ordinates. MOD and eir shuttle are about 500 km away. At the Roach's current velocity, that's about 3 minutes! Do we let em know?"

On the Cockroach:

The shuttle radar lights up like a field of fireflies. A very large signal is emitted across the spectrum. MOD's spectrum emission is blanketing the reception spectrum specific to the radar's antenna faster than it can switch to alternate frequencies.

Vinny pilots the shuttle gingerly. Sensors are affected. However, she had already laid a course for the agreed upon destination with Bert and co. The shuttle is making a bee-line for the destination.

Ashrak dutifully awaits MOD's instructions at the back, at the ready to drop the concocted explosive device at a moments notice.

Out of a rear viewport, Ashrak notices a glowing speck moving against the darkness of the stars. It is getting larger and larger. Suddenly it seems to have slowed down momentarily to change course before accelerating again. Ashrak recognizes that the glow surrounding the growing object is the result from reflected light particles from colliding with a force field. He doesn't know exactly how far it is, but it is growing at an alarming rate. However, it does seem that MOD's electronic chicanery has bought the shuttle a few more minutes of valuable time.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [91] = 91
PER: 1d100: [97] = 97 vs. 75%

Conditions:
22m00s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise


White greets the massive acceleration with childlike glee. ”Oooohhhh… Booooyy!” He says, gasping and grinning like a maniac. When it’s over, White sounds almost disappointed as he says ”Thanks Griz!” Then he bellies up to one of the weapons stations on the bridge. Once the shuttler (and its pursuer) are nearby, White will try to use telemechanics to better control the ship’s weapons ((-10 ISP)). Brave new world! I should really learn how to do more on this ship. I think we’re gonna be friends!
Last edited by Dr. White on Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [89] = 89
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [21] = 21 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.


Zilch, resident monster and self-proclaimed connoisseur of chaos, isn't fazed by the violent acceleration. His blue fur bristles with excitement, reveling in the teeth-rattling thrust. A sharp-toothed grin widens with each surge of power.

This is amazing!
Dr. White wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:35 pm ”Oooohhhh… Booooyy!”
Zilch agrees! "Oh I wish I could fly this fast!"

But alas the acceleration is fleeting. When Grizzelblak announces their victims are a mere three minutes away Zilch's grin morphs into a predatory snarl. His eyes glint with anticipation, his claws flexing as he hops out of his seat.

Alas a dilemma gnaws at him.

Do I join with the gunnery? Or is Dr White going to be teleporting us on board? Zilch lets out a throaty chuckle, wondering what Machine's plan is exactly.

"I crave the raw power of the guns, and the satisfaction of pulverizing metal and flesh. It is like I want my cake, and I want to eat it also!" He couldn't choose. He wouldn't choose. mmMMMmmm cake.

He looks to The Machine for direction. "Where do you want me?"
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [8] = 8 ; 1d100: [94] = 94
Conditions: None.
HP: 35/35
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 42/42
P.P.E.: 155/155
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy)
M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
Ammo: 60/60 Shotgun shells.

Grizzelblak wrote: "We're here at the desired co-ordinates. MOD and eir shuttle are about 500 km away. At the Roach's current velocity, that's about 3 minutes! Do we let em know?"
Bert nods. "Yep, makes it easier for them to dock." Bert says. It's funny that i keep getting sucked into the captain position... I don't even want to be captain. Bert thinks.
Zilch wrote:"Where do you want me?"
Bert looks to the blue furred monster. I have the weirdest friends. Bert thinks. "A weapons station for the moment. When MOD gets on board we'll see what the plan is." Bert says still sitting in the captain's seat. "MOD, get you're non-corporeal ass on board. I'd rather not have to figure out a space battle with you also floating out there." Bert radios towards the shuttle.

"Grizzelblak, where is this Kreeghor ship now? Is there anything near by we can use a initial cover from their likely opening salvo?" Bert asks looking at the command chairs controls. I was really hoping to be able to ease into figuring out the weapon sysytems here, but I guess we don't always get what we want. Bert thinks.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [34] = 0
JiC 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [81] = 81

Stuff
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged

Skill Stuff
Mimic sounds and whistles (85%) 1d100<85: [74*] = 1 - It's the final countdown!
Flash signal light at Ashrak - 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12

Seeing the radars completely scrambled, MOD maintains eir drone on the radio. Gotta hold it a little longer... Ey counts down until the transport chasing them is in range of the mine. Generally speaking, phantoms love explosions. Big bursts of light are their thing. However, being the perpetual contrarian ey is, MOD thinks they're largely overrated. But this is different. I love blowing up spaceships! Especially when they are full of stoopid fuxors chasing me!

When ey reaches the end of the countdown, ey flashes a bright light to the back of the ship and let's out a gleeful squeal. Radar is no longer scrambled. "Let's fux some corporeals up!"
The Machine wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:48 am"MOD, get you're non-corporeal ass on board. I'd rather not have to figure out a space battle with you also floating out there."
Assuming that MOD receives Bert's message after detonating the mine, ey replies, "Roger that. Vinny's got the stick, so expect a rough landing, but we'll get in quick."

M glances over to Vinny. "You got this?"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [57] = 57

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Telepathy [60ft | 8min | Read Surface Thoughts]

Skills:
Computer Operation: 1d100: [50] = 50 /75% [Use his personal computer to record images/video of the explosion as best as possible]
Demolitions: 1d100: [19] = 19 /95% [Drop the charge at the right time.]

Post:
"Too risky. One of us would have to stay too close to the mine to keep it cloaked. Our best bet is to jam their radar."
Ashrak nods in agreement. "Yes, yes, good call. Hmm, the next bomb I make will be properly shaped, hehehe" Ashrak answers. Telshak would be most displeased at this construction. Crude she'd call it, slapstick, bipedal. Ashrak shudders. Ah, what a glorious family. He thinks with a smile.
MOD wrote:Ash, I'm going to be on the radio, so I'll emit a signal strobe to let you know when it's time drop the mine." Ey flashes a pulse of light from eir hand. "And I'll signal a second time when to trigger the mine."
Vinny wrote:"Yeah, yeah, play around with the radio and the big boom without the shoot-y lady, I get it."
Ashrak is most pleased by Vinny's piloting as he calls back to her from the rear compartment. "Oh, yes Captain! And next bomb you can drop, Vin!" Ashrak bellows with glee as he readies his payload. Hehehe, we blow up a ship now, a planet later, a star not long after... OH, I must record it! Ashrak mutters, turning to his small personal computer and attempting to snap as many images or a video if possible.

As Ashrak looks out in anticipation, he spots the glowing spec as it approaches, prompting the alien to turn his head. "Odd" Ashrak mutters, pressing his face against the viewing glass. "CAPTAIN! It's getting closer! I can see it!" Ashrak exclaims, looking back towards the front before cackling. "Time for fireworks!" He yells.

Ashrak will drop the concocted bomb at their pursuers when given the word from MOD. Ashrak detonate at MOD's word, and if MOD misjudges, Ashrak might mutiny.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

It is often facile activity, to ponder plans of future violence, just before the fight.

The pursuers hoped to arrive on the right side of an ambush. They handled themselves well, recovering from an earnest ECM effort. But in the dark void of space, the Reavers have been resourceful enough to engineer counters of their own. Now, with only a few hundred miles apart, the pirates are almost upon the Cockroach...

With a signal from MOD, Ashrak ejects the bomb from the rear of the Cockroach. The Rain of Death shuttle continues its pursuit, barrelling along and increasing acceleration while moving into the range of its conventional weaponry. The Cockroach continued to travel at full speed, not taking evasive maneuvers, as if acting the fool. While the space between them is shortening, it is dark. A smallish object like a 100 lb mine, wrapped in folded plastique does not reflect much light. Perhaps the skipper of the Rain of Death was confident of their ship's armor and force field at full strength, perhaps the co-pilot of sensors did not detect the object ejected from the cockroach, or she was simply unable to discern the difference between random debris and a smallish sized ordinance...
MOD wrote: M glances over to Vinny. "You got this?"
Vinny quickly gives MOD a side eye before replying:
"Leave it to me."

The rapidly accelerating pirate craft came within 30 miles of the cockroach, guns ready to fire. Suddenly, the cockroach cut power to its engines and went radio silent, then Vinny put the craft into evasive maneuvers using only its maneuvering thrusters. Traveling still at a brisk Mach 12, the Rain of Death decelerated just enough to change its course. Suddenly, there was a huge flash of light...

The bomb successfully detonated, but in space, because of the scarcity of normal particles, there was no large shock wave. However, the combined heat and radiation energy dispersing from the detonation caused enough damage to knock out the pirate ship's force field entirely. Ashrak confirms this by watching the glowing hue around the Rain of Death transport suddenly disappear.

Then a happy accident occurred. The Rain of Death seemed to have lost power briefly for about a minute, before re-orientating itself to give chase again.

Meanwhile, Grizzelblak and her crew are waiting patiently.

Just a small distance miles away, Grizzelblak observes both the Rain of Death and the explosion.
The Machine wrote: "Grizzelblak, where is this Kreeghor ship now? Is there anything near by we can use a initial cover from their likely opening salvo?"
"The Rain of Death transport is about a 100 miles away. However, it suffered an explosion just underneath the bow of the ship. The explosion occurred less than 80 meters from transport. The hull seems to be intact, but the forcefield is gone. Just as the explosion happened, the Cockroach turned off its main power and its heat signature is dramatically reduced. It's zigzagging around and they are arriving at our co-ordinates momenta...

Just as Grizzelblak is about to finish her sentence, the Cockroach is approaching head on and rapidly decelerating.

"Oh, and the pirate ship had lost power for about 50 seconds. Their ship systems are coming back on line and they are scanning vigorously"

The Cockroach, despite manuevering away rapidly away from the explosion, suffered some armor damage to the aft of the main body (-200 MDC). However, since they are in space and Vinny managed to build some distance between the explosion and the shuttle, the damage suffered was significantly less.

Quickly, the Cockroach dock and the crew of the shuttle make their way onto Grizzelblak. They meet the rest of the crew on the bridge.

Dr. White is seated on the weapon system chair. From his vantage point, he enacts the psionic powers of telemechanics. Within moments, his mind is bonded with the console. As he engages the weapons system, three view screens in front of him comes to life. Dr. White notices that control of the main gun can be switched back and forth between the captain's chair and the weapons chair, and that there is no off switch. Someone is always in charge of the big gun. The options available to him are surprisingly numerous. Where he sits is also the primary location where the point defense system can be programmed to fire TW spells. Another option engages the shields, with a counter of 5/5 and a 24 hour timer next to it.

Bert is located on the Captain's chair. As soon as Doctor White engaged the weapon's system, the Captain's console also came to life. A holographic display floats in front of Bert's immediate sight lines which allow him primary control of the main gun as proffering a large array of spells. Remembering back to his original discoveries of the ship, he realizes that if Grizzelblak is made to go to sleep, he could coerce her mystical powers to his whim through the psionic powered neural crown that had been placed on Grizzelblak's head. However, just going through the menu of the spells available, Grizzelblak seems to be am accomplished spell caster of her own voliion. Surely she could be asked to perform incantations, but Bert is keenly aware that if she is actively flying, accelerating and dodging, she cannot enact her incantations, just like a normal spellcaster would have issues casting while running, jumping and dodging.

Zilch situated himself on a secondary console where he tried to help himself to a nap. Instead, his brief words of encouragement invigorated Grizzelblak and she flew her very best to the rendezvous point. Now that he was getting into a fight, he tried to work the console in front of him, but he isn't quite used to the controls in front of him. Still, he is halfway through getting the station ready when MOD, Ashrak and Vinny run onto the bridge, a little perturbed perhaps, but nonetheless unharmed.

Grizzelblak makes a small weird squeal but then mumbles to herself aloud: "Can't worry about that right now..."

"Bert, there is a small planetoid that is about three by two by six miles. It is rotating around this system's sun slowly and it is about 500 miles from here. We can make way to that and we'll get there in five minutes if I keep my heat and detection signatures low via conventional means. What do you suggest? Are we staying and fighting or are we going to run now and hopefully ambush them later? Does anyone wanna chime in on what we want to do? MOD? So glad to see you!"

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [65] = 65
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [85] = 85 (FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

Nurse Ratchet wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:02 am Suddenly, there was a huge flash of light...

The bomb successfully detonated, but in space, because of the scarcity of normal particles, there was no large shock wave. However, the combined heat and radiation energy dispersing from the detonation caused enough damage to knock out the pirate ship's force field entirely. Ashrak confirms this by watching the glowing hue around the Rain of Death transport suddenly disappear.
Zilch fiddles with the controls, trying to learn how they might work when the explosion happens. He slumps back into his oversized chair, an impressed groan rumbles in his throat.

"Oh good," he murmurs happily," "they've tenderised them without spoiling the main meal. Very considerate!"
Nurse Ratchet wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:02 am Grizzelblak makes a small weird squeal but then mumbles to herself aloud: "Can't worry about that right now..."
"Worry about what?" the monster inquires. "Something we're not seeing?"
Nurse Ratchet wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:02 am "Bert, there is a small planetoid that is about three by two by six miles. It is rotating around this system's sun slowly and it is about 500 miles from here. We can make way to that and we'll get there in five minutes if I keep my heat and detection signatures low via conventional means. What do you suggest? Are we staying and fighting or are we going to run now and hopefully ambush them later? Does anyone wanna chime in on what we want to do? MOD? So glad to see you!"
Zilch, seems to genuinely perk up at the prospect of violence. A single, googly eye swivels towards MOD as he arrives on the bridge. Zilch welcomes him with a wide, toothy grin. The other eye remains fixed on the viewscreen, creating a rather unsettling image.

"Welcome back, and I see you brought along a snack!" Zilch says delightedly. Visions of roasting his enemies flit through his imagination. He remembers Valen's Cosmic-Naginata. And I even have a delightful skewer to cook them with!

He gestures towards the pirate ship on the vidscreen.

"Are we eating here or taking away?"
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [34] = 0
JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [52] = 52

Once the cockroach shuttle comes to an almost complete stop, MOD gets up from eir seat. "Ole Doc Nevis once told me that one should always compliment a pilot on a smooth landing," ey says to Vinny. "I'll see you on the bridge."

For fux sake, being a pirate never stops. Just when one's done shaking down chump corporeals, then some fuxing chumps want to shake one down. MOD assesses the situation as ey strides through Grizzelblak's corridors. As beleaguered as ey perpetually feels, ey have to admit, things aren't that bad at the moment. If I was the betting type, I'd say we could take them easily in a straight fight. Ash's mine fuxed them up real good, and Grizz prolly has better weapons. And I should trust my crew. Mac's never lost a space battle. He hasn't won every fight, but I'm sure he's already talked with Grizz and...

But then MOD sees Bert sitting on the captain's chair. Eir not-so-small ego starts to boil at someone ELSE playing at captain. But ey stops emself. Someone needed to be in the chair while you were single-handedly getting Ash and Vinny back to the Grizz. Ey gives a nod to Mac and scans around the bridge.
wrote:"Bert, there is a small planetoid that is about three by two by six miles. It is rotating around this system's sun slowly and it is about 500 miles from here. We can make way to that and we'll get there in five minutes if I keep my heat and detection signatures low via conventional means. What do you suggest? Are we staying and fighting or are we going to run now and hopefully ambush them later? Does anyone wanna chime in on what we want to do? MOD? So glad to see you!"
Zilch wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:33 pm"Welcome back, and I see you brought along a snack! Are we eating here or taking away?"
An obvious smile crawls across MOD's face as ey contemplates more destruction. "Settle in, I'm getting you apps and a main. Can't promise dessert, but we'll see what we can scrap off that ship." Ey glances back to Bert. "Mac, pull Grizz up into a good shooting position, and be ready to rip through their hull. Shields are down."
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [34] = 34 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [76] = 76
Conditions: None.
HP: 35/35
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 42/42
P.P.E.: 155/155
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy)
M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
Ammo: 60/60 Shotgun shells.

Grizzelblak wrote:"Bert, there is a small planetoid that is about three by two by six miles. It is rotating around this system's sun slowly and it is about 500 miles from here. We can make way to that and we'll get there in five minutes if I keep my heat and detection signatures low via conventional means. What do you suggest? Are we staying and fighting or are we going to run now and hopefully ambush them later? Does anyone wanna chime in on what we want to do? MOD? So glad to see you!"
Bert looks towards MOD. We should run and take cover behind that rock... but let's see what MOD says, no sense in stepping on any toes, I don;t even want to be the leader. Bert thinks as his fingers slowly fiddle with the controls on the chair.
MOD wrote:"Mac, pull Grizz up into a good shooting position, and be ready to rip through their hull. Shields are down."
Welp, there you have it. Bert inwardly sighs. "Aye, aye captain." Bert says as he looks into the display before him.

Well most of this isn't useful... at least right now. Does the gun change the range of the incantations... I would suppose it would. Some offensive spells that would suck to be on the business end of. "Let's have some fun I guess." Bert says as he reaches down and grabs his helmet. The soft hiss of it sealing, reveals the return of The Machine, fearless, sociopath Pirate.

Initiative: 1d20: [13] = 13
Attacks: 4

Action One and Two: Activate
Range: Self or spacecraft by touch. The Star Light covers a 200 foot diameter per level of experience.
Duration: Two minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Standard for unwilling recipients.
P.P.E.: Forty-Five
The mage or his spacecraft glows with the intensity of a miniature sun. So bright is the light that he cannot be seen within it, nor can anyone or anything else within the radius of effect be seen. Furthermore, radar and other sensors are only able to read the sphere of Star Light as a single object, thus everyone or every spacecraft bathed in the Star Light is unseen and undetectable. However, the mage and anyone inside the area of Star Light can see just fine and their sensor equipment is completely operational. Ideal to cover an escape (teleport, warp, etc.) or conceal the appearance of incoming fighters or small spacecraft, to conceal one's true number of small spacecraft, and temporarily blind an opponent.
Note: Vampires, most undead and any other being vulnerable to sunlight, and exposed directly to Star Light takes 2D6x10 damage (S.D.C. or M.D. depending on the nature of the undead being). Vampires and the like inside a spacecraft are protected, but they will not want to attack or go near the light, and are likely to desire to flee the area altogether as the radius of Star Light has a Horror Factor of 19 for their kind.

Action Three: Fire a
Range: 1,000 feet +300 feet per level of the spell caster in space. In an atmosphere, range is 500 feet + 100 feet per level of experience.
Duration: One melee round per level of the caster.
Damage: In space: 1D4x100 M.D. In an atmosphere: 1D4x10 M.D.
Saving Throw: Not applicable, other than a dodge, people are -2 to dodge, fighters and shuttles are -3 to dodge, larger ships are -4 to dodge.
P.P.E.: Thirty
The spell caster is able to hurl bolts of super-hot plasma summoned from the heart of a star. The mage actually appears to be throwing the plasma (use normal strike bonuses to throw) and when it leaves his hand it hurls through the air like a fiery rocket and it expands as it goes. Range and damage are reduced when cast in an atmosphere on a planet, but full range and damage do apply when in space, which does include being in a space station or spacecraft.
at Reign of Death Transport. (Strike: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; Damage: 1d4*100: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.(200 M.D.))
Action Four: Fire Particle Beam Cannon at Reign of Death Transport. (Strike: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; Damage: 1d4*100+50: [2]*10 = 20 M.D. (250 M.D.))
Action Five: Fire Particle Beam Cannon at Reign of Death Transport. (Strike: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; Damage: 1d4*100+50: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.(450 M.D.))

Contingencies:
  • If the Reign of Death Transport is crippled, or surrenders, The Machine will stop shooting at it.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [90] = 90
PER: 1d100: [35] = 35 vs. 75%

Conditions:
21m45s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise


Weapons Systems- 1d100: [69] = 69 vs. 80%
Set up point defense

”Oooooo! The force field’s down! You know what that means? BOARDING ACTION!” White’s face lights up with a smile and he beams at Bert (and/or MOD, when ey get there). When MOD retakes command, White is a little crestfallen at the lack of immediate piracy. But… It’s so much more profitable if we can take them intact? With a soft sigh, he says ”Oh well. Let’s see what this baby can do!” Unless anyone orders him otherwise, White tries to set up the point defense system to automatically target incoming munitions (after the Cockroach is safely docked) , then he switches over to the main gun and tries to target the rain of death. ”Okay… Big boom, let’s do this!” The good doctor then giggles to himself, softly.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

(I have to quickly write this. I had a lot of work due last week and this week. Excuse the brevity)

The Rain of Death transport haplessly searches for the shuttle, seemingly unaware that the Roach had already docked with Grizzelblak and her crew are now safely onboard.

On MOD's orders, Grizzelblak brings herself about and faces the Rain of Death transport and her oblivious crew. Suddenly, the space is alight around Grizzelblak. The Rain of Death Transport turns to face the light show and are attempting to target, but they are shooting wildly at Grizzelblak. Their first round of fire misses by several hundred meters to the stern.

Grizzelblak seemingly grunts through the speakers. "Bert, if I cast, I can't dodge. Just be aware of that."

Without additional warning, Grizzelblak opens up her wings and switches into attack mode.

Image

Concentrating her mystic energy, the antennae on her head glow alight. A blast emanates of her head, targeting the rain of death. Striking the main body, the transport noticeably shudders from the blast. This time, the transport decides to return fire by drop a volley of eight missiles. Five of them miss wildly, while three continue to come to target.

Meanwhile, Dr. White has been busy configuring the point defense system. He succeeds just in time for the arrival of the missiles which miraculously find their target. The point defense system successfully take care of two of them...

At the last moment, Grizzelblak violently dives in an evasive maneuver to avoid the collision. She succeeds barely, as the last remaining missile explodes three hundred feet behind her.

Bert takes aim again, returning fire to the transport. This time the rain of death transport decides to conduct in evasive maneuvers itself. Despite its engine upgrades, it remains an ungainly craft. Not only was the dodge unsuccessful, Bert's particle cannon blast successfully hit the aft fuselage of the transport. It shudders again, this time hurling in space, spinning on its own center of gravity for a few seconds, before the pilots regain control. Bert fires one more blast, this time missing wildly. However, the rain of death transport misread the shot and attempted to dodge anyway. It seems that every time The Rain of Death transport attempts evasive maneuvers, it needs to spend another few seconds to recover.

Meanwhile MOD, Vinny, Ashrak and Zilch await patiently. On the view screen, it looks like the Rain of Death has sustained some damage. Deploying yet another volley of foour missiles, this time they all miss wildly. Those of you are keeping track note that the missile bays seem to be located on the undercarriage of the ship. It appears that the Rain of Death transport is giving up, its nose turning away from Grizzelblak with engines firing at maximum burn, trying to get out of the engagement entirely.

Grizzelblak hollers on the speakers: "Do we chase and pursue? I think they are running away. What do we want to do?".

What are your intentions?
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [19*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [20] = 20

Stuff
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged
Energy form: RAF Roundel

MOD watches as Grizzelblak successively engages the Rain of Death transport. Huh. So this is what combat is like when it's not a complete fuxall. That's not to say it is a complete cakewalk, but the ship's defenses hold well. In fact, MOD feels almost superfluous.

"If you don't need me on a ship system, I'm going to slip out of this shell," ey says. And if no one (Grizzelblak) objects, ey goes back into energy form, putting eir energy matrix into a series of red, dull white, and pale blue concentric circles. "Much better. So Grizz, you have any light sensors? You know, the type of thing that would let an energy being interface with your ship systems?"
Grizzelblak wrote:"Do we chase and pursue? I think they are running away. What do we want to do?"
"Hmm," ey ponders the situation. On the one hand, the Void Reavers have won; they can go home and start to get their roid in order. On the other, they don't know who these pirates are or why they decided to chase after MOD. For all we know they could be the advance guard for a Naruni hit squad. "Can't leave any witnesses, neh? Let's chase them." To Doctor White: "Doc, keep on defenses, I don't want them to get a lucky shot on us." To Bert: "The Doc said he'd like to keep the ship intact, think you got a spell to disable that shuttle's systems?"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [99] = 99
PER: 1d100: [33] = 33 vs. 75%

Conditions:
21m30s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise


Weapons Systems- 1d100: [23] = 23 vs. 80%
To keep the point defense working.

”Oooo! Ooooo! Now can we board ‘em?” White sounds like an overenthusiastic (and more than a little bratty) schoolchild at he watches the scene play out on the tactical display. They must be running scared for a reason. I just hope we don’t blow ‘em up by accident! How’s this crew supposed to keep functioning without any real booty? At MOD’s orders, White grins and says ”Aye aye, Cap’n! Point defense coming up.” I can teleport over later. I’m sure that’s the plan. He sounds cheerful. Too cheerful. But he appears genuine as the Promethean hunches over his console and redoubles his efforts with the point defense system, hitting any missiles that get too close.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [61] = 61

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Telepathy [60ft | 8min | Read Surface Thoughts]

Skills:
Basic Electronics: 1d100: [14] = 14 /95% [Thought process of the enemy vessle's life support]

Post:

"Beautiful..." Ashrak finds himself to be glued to the porthole as he watches the explosion he fabricated with a mixture of emotions, at first the sounds of the others nothing more than the muffled calls as the explosion ignites. The alien talking to himself amid it all. "Ahhh, hehehehe, beautiful, yes but too small. Lack of shockwave. Yes! Could've been much bigger. K-Hex was effective, useful, though... will need more arms and explosives. Long range missiles and ah, yes. I must visit the local marketeer, hehehehe, they will not deny me. Hmm, I wonder if the captain would be interested in a business enterprise... we could take over hehehe" Ashrak purrs to himself, the inner workings of sinister plans already brewing in the twisted mind of the alien. Yesss, this lot does not like slavery it seems but explosives, who doesn't love! I bet I could convince them to support me in becoming underworld arms dealers. Oooh, I'll even add a stipulation we don't deal in slavery to sweeten the pot, yes, hehehe, eating from the tip of my tentacle they soon will be as I introduce them to money and explosives! Ashrak practically shudders as he dreams much larger than life will arguably allow, not that it will deter him.
MOD wrote:
MOD wrote:"Mac, pull Grizz up into a good shooting position, and be ready to rip through their hull. Shields are down."
"The Doc said he'd like to keep the ship intact, think you got a spell to disable that shuttle's systems?"
Ashrak's eyes light up as he twirls around towards the bridge of Grizzleback with a smile befitting nightmares. "WE'RE BOARDING!? Weeeeeeeee" Ashrak exclaims, flying through the shuttle to join the others in the bridge with his tentacles and tail trailing behind him. "When we get closer, I can float over there and rend their minds. Their ships sensors won't see me and I can even bring a friend, say Zilch! We just need to grab ahold before they fly away. I'll have them shooting each other in minutes... or Perhaps I have one of them vent their life support. Then we can walk over their cold corpses to claim it ourselves. " Ashrak offers his compatriots. "If you don't believe me, try to run a scan of me with the ship right now, oh Captain. If she sees me... I'll be impressed." Ashrak winks (see Cloaking). Yes, this might further gain eir trust, I think. A phantom as a willing ally would be a great thing, and I think this one will see my use eventually. Ashrak muses.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [14] = 14
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [35] = 35 (FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

Ashrak wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:49 am Ashrak's eyes light up as he twirls around towards the bridge of Grizzleback with a smile befitting nightmares. "WE'RE BOARDING!? Weeeeeeeee" Ashrak exclaims, flying through the shuttle to join the others in the bridge with his tentacles and tail trailing behind him. "When we get closer, I can float over there and rend their minds. Their ships sensors won't see me and I can even bring a friend, say Zilch! We just need to grab ahold before they fly away. I'll have them shooting each other in minutes... or Perhaps I have one of them vent their life support. Then we can walk over their cold corpses to claim it ourselves. " Ashrak offers his compatriots. "If you don't believe me, try to run a scan of me with the ship right now, oh Captain. If she sees me... I'll be impressed." Ashrak winks (see Cloaking). Yes, this might further gain eir trust, I think. A phantom as a willing ally would be a great thing, and I think this one will see my use eventually. Ashrak muses.

Zilch's googly eyes gleam with manic delight. A wide, toothy grin splits his maw, revealing a row of razor-sharp teeth.

"Boarding?!" he exclaims, his voice rich. "Finally! I'm about ready for dessert!"

He slams his shaggy fist into his other palm. "Let's go get them, Ashrak!"

How do we get on board? These ships fly faster than I ever could. Oh the others will think of something, all I need to do is do my thing when I get on board.

He quietly checks his equipment while others make decisions. He ensures the knife is at his belt, and the weapon of the recently departed Valen Rend is on hand. "Knife.. check. Giant skewer pokey thing.. check," he mutters to himself, in a manner as one in the kitchen checking off an ingredients list.
OOC Comments
The recently purchased gun I believe is on the shuttle and so not available quite yet. No matter! Onward!
Zilch looks left and right, seeking the source of the transportation magic. "Ready whenever you are."

I don't think I've ever been teleported before.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Ashrak Rolls Held wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:49 am Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [61] = 61

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Telepathy [60ft | 8min | Read Surface Thoughts]
Zilch wrote:He quietly checks his equipment while others make decisions. He ensures the knife is at his belt, and the weapon of the recently departed Valen Rend is on hand. "Knife.. check. Giant skewer pokey thing.. check," ... "Ready whenever you are."
Towards Zilch, Ashrak recoils in astonishment at the sight of Rend's weapon in Zilch's hands as the alien then looks at the monster with a new mixture of emotions. He has Rend's weapon? No way the bipedal willingly parted with it, I wonder if he ate him, hehehehe. Oh how fitting, but I've wanted his weapon since I met him. Perhaps the monster can be cooed. Ashrak thinks, staring at his monsterous ally with a certain level of glee as he floats closer towards the blue monster. "Hehehe, I see you're holding Rend's weapon, yes? What has come of him? Did his untimely end come while I was away?! I am befallen with emotion" Ashrak exclaims, a pair of tentacles crossing over his chest. "Tell me, after we take this new ship and get some proper food in your stomach, would you be willing to give me his weapon? For sentimental reasons, of course. I promise to help keep you comfortably fed, you beautiful blue beast." Ashrak offers, then turning towards the others.

"Ah, yes, I digress. Teleport away! Does this ship have teleporter?!" Ashrak suddenly questions
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

((rolls carried over))
Ashrak wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:42 pm Towards Zilch, Ashrak recoils in astonishment at the sight of Rend's weapon in Zilch's hands ... staring at his monsterous ally with a certain level of glee as he floats closer towards the blue monster. "Hehehe, I see you're holding Rend's weapon, yes? What has come of him? Did his untimely end come while I was away?! I am befallen with emotion" Ashrak exclaims, a pair of tentacles crossing over his chest.
My my isn't he talkative?

Zilch's two googly eyes swivel comically in their sockets, focusing first on Ashrak, then on the weapon in his hand. He shrugs, then lets out a satisfied burp, a sure sign he recently enjoyed a particularly filling meal.

He sniffs the weapon thoughtfully, like a connoisseur sampling a fine vintage, and recalls something Valen Rend told him.
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:42 am"..part of me was used to forge that weapon and whatever is part of me, is mine.
"Mr Rend is still here, I can smell him. He told me that part of him is this weapon," the monster looks again at the cosmic pokey-stick, "the rest of him is now part of me."

"With our previous predicament long past we settled our dispute as he said he would. It did not go the way he imagined." Zilch regards Ashrak with amusement.
Ashrak wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:42 pm "Tell me, after we take this new ship and get some proper food in your stomach, would you be willing to give me his weapon? For sentimental reasons, of course. I promise to help keep you comfortably fed, you beautiful blue beast." Ashrak offers, then turning towards the others.
He flashes Ashrak a wide, toothy grin. There's playful glint in his eyes, "Sentimental indeed?"

Zilch barely spares Ashrak another glance, his googly eyes fixated on the cosmic weapon in the his grasp. "You don't want to be sentimental. That will give you heartburn. Maybe I should just eat it? Would that help?" He sniffs it again. "Out of sight, out of mind, as they say."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]
"Mr Rend is still here, I can smell him. He told me that part of him is this weapon," ... "the rest of him is now part of me."

"With our previous predicament long past we settled our dispute as he said he would. It did not go the way he imagined."
Ashrak nods as Zilch recalls the events in less than gruesome detail though enough to make the rithe shudder in excitement. Oooooooooh, he DID eat him! Ashrak practically squeals... possibly the opposite reaction one might expect for someone finding out their former travel associate was killed. "What a fitting end, indeed, I say. He always wanted to be apart of something, and now, he's apart of you! The glory he must feel! He is going to miss out on my explosive ideas, though! Shame." Ashrak considers.
"Sentimental indeed?" "You don't want to be sentimental. That will give you heartburn. Maybe I should just eat it? Would that help?" He sniffs it again. "Out of sight, out of mind, as they say."
Ashrak grins as a wirey laugh escapes his lips. "Hehehahaha! Oh Blue, you are quite a comedian, yes! If you want to eat it, by all means! My sentiment is not nearly so traditional, I assure you! It's more for..." Ashrak pecks a pair of his tentacles on his lips. "For ambiance. The countless times I had wished I could torture him, but needed him to help me. The sheer willpower it took me to listen to him prattle on and on... to then own his weapon after his death would be like a great insult indeed, hehehe." Ashrak offers Zilch, pausing and thinking. It is built of cosmic energy, too, yes. It would make a wonderful bomb.... Ashrak nods. "Might even use it as a primer in my next bomb!" Ashrak exclaims to Zilch.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

A consensus has been reached.

The Void Reavers will try and hunt the pirates.
MOD wrote: "If you don't need me on a ship system, I'm going to slip out of this shell," ey says. And if no one (Grizzelblak) objects, ey goes back into energy form, putting eir energy matrix into a series of red, dull white, and pale blue concentric circles. "Much better. So Grizz, you have any light sensors? You know, the type of thing that would let an energy being interface with your ship systems?"
Grizz replies:

"The Captain's chair has a few microscopic holes that will perform similar navigational function to navigating the holographic screen. You can just noodle around in there and figure out how it works. It's like contact switches, but for light. The controls are placed just above the left and right arm rest on the captain's chair."
The Doctor wrote: ”Oooo! Ooooo! Now can we board ‘em?” White sounds like an overenthusiastic (and more than a little bratty) schoolchild at he watches the scene play out on the tactical display. They must be running scared for a reason. I just hope we don’t blow ‘em up by accident! How’s this crew supposed to keep functioning without any real booty? At MOD’s orders, White grins and says ”Aye aye, Cap’n! Point defense coming up.” I can teleport over later. I’m sure that’s the plan. He sounds cheerful. Too cheerful. But he appears genuine as the Promethean hunches over his console and redoubles his efforts with the point defense system, hitting any missiles that get too close.
Ashrak wrote: Ashrak's eyes light up as he twirls around towards the bridge of Grizzleback with a smile befitting nightmares. "WE'RE BOARDING!? Weeeeeeeee" Ashrak exclaims, flying through the shuttle to join the others in the bridge with his tentacles and tail trailing behind him. "When we get closer, I can float over there and rend their minds. Their ships sensors won't see me and I can even bring a friend, say Zilch! We just need to grab ahold before they fly away. I'll have them shooting each other in minutes... or Perhaps I have one of them vent their life support. Then we can walk over their cold corpses to claim it ourselves. " Ashrak offers his compatriots. "If you don't believe me, try to run a scan of me with the ship right now, oh Captain. If she sees me... I'll be impressed." Ashrak winks (see Cloaking). Yes, this might further gain eir trust, I think. A phantom as a willing ally would be a great thing, and I think this one will see my use eventually. Ashrak muses.
"Point defense systems are still active. How close do you need to be to teleport over to the other ship? Ashrak, how fast can you travel while you are in a vacuum? "
Zilch and Ashrak Banter wrote: He quietly checks his equipment while others make decisions. He ensures the knife is at his belt, and the weapon of the recently departed Valen Rend is on hand. "Knife.. check. Giant skewer pokey thing.. check," he mutters to himself, in a manner as one in the kitchen checking off an ingredients list.

Towards Zilch, Ashrak recoils in astonishment at the sight of Rend's weapon in Zilch's hands as the alien then looks at the monster with a new mixture of emotions. He has Rend's weapon? No way the bipedal willingly parted with it, I wonder if he ate him, hehehehe. Oh how fitting, but I've wanted his weapon since I met him. Perhaps the monster can be cooed. Ashrak thinks, staring at his monsterous ally with a certain level of glee as he floats closer towards the blue monster. "Hehehe, I see you're holding Rend's weapon, yes? What has come of him? Did his untimely end come while I was away?! ...

"Ah, yes, I digress. Teleport away! Does this ship have teleporter?!" Ashrak suddenly questions
"No, this ship does not have a teleporter. The opponent ship will need to be relatively disabled before you can dock. We will probably need to disable engines first."

Grizzelblak says to MOD:

"They are limping away. Our last shot hit them in the engines. We can catch up if we do the spell again in 30 seconds but I'll take a minute to slow down, or I can fly normally and be on top of them in about a minute. Is there an angle of approach you would prefer? Do you want to intercept them from 50 to 100 miles from above them or below, or would you like to pursue them and just arrive behind them? I'll need you to plot an intercept course and I'll travel by the means of which you prefer."

"Oh and Mr. White, could you go check over at the lab please? I think your 'specimen' has been perturbed."

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [71] = 71
PER: 1d100: [1] = 1 vs. 75%

Conditions:
21m15s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise

Nurse Ratchet wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:32 pm"Point defense systems are still active. How close do you need to be to teleport over to the other ship? Ashrak, how fast can you travel while you are in a vacuum? "
”I have a few options, my dear, but 600 feet is my limit. 120 would make things a wee bit easier. Astrophysical distances, these are not. So I say we hop to it! If we can do so safely, anyway. Well, safe-ish.” Hm. Phase powers as FTL. Not yet, anyway. But there’s an idea! A dopey smile creeps back onto White’s face as he enters a bit of a reverie, fantasizing about the concept, when Grizzelblak’s comment about the lab snaps him back to reality. What? The lab?!? My stuff! MY NOTES! Cursing, White says ”On it! Somebody man the console!” as he darts out of the room and sprints down to the lab. I hope it hasn’t gone completely feral. It’d be such a waste to teleport it out into space.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [45] = 45
Conditions: None.
HP: 35/35
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 42/42
P.P.E.: 155/155
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy)
M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
Ammo: 60/60 Shotgun shells.

MOD wrote:"The Doc said he'd like to keep the ship intact, think you got a spell to disable that shuttle's systems?"
The Machine shakes his head. "Nope, nothing usuable at this range. Just gonna have to do it the old fashioned way, shoot their engines out from underneath them." The Machines digital voice says.
Nurse Ratchet wrote:"They are limping away. Our last shot hit them in the engines. We can catch up if we do the spell again in 30 seconds but I'll take a minute to slow down, or I can fly normally and be on top of them in about a minute. Is there an angle of approach you would prefer? Do you want to intercept them from 50 to 100 miles from above them or below, or would you like to pursue them and just arrive behind them? I'll need you to plot an intercept course and I'll travel by the means of which you prefer."
"Easier to just cripple it, and deal with it at our leisure. Who's gonna come out and save them, another pirate... doubtful." Bert says as he continues lining up his shot.

Initiative: 1d20: [6] = 6
Attacks: 4

Action One to Three: Called Aimed Shot at the Reign of Death's Engines with the Particle Beam Cannon (Strike: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ; Damage: 1d4: [2] = 2 x100+50= 250 M.D.)
Action Four: Prepare next Aimed called shot.

Contingencies:
  • If the Reign of Death Transport is crippled, or surrenders, The Machine will stop shooting at it.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [38] = 38
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [68] = 68 (FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

Nurse Ratchet wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:32 pm "Oh and Mr. White, could you go check over at the lab please? I think your 'specimen' has been perturbed."
Dr. White wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 pm Cursing, White says ”On it! Somebody man the console!” as he darts out of the room and sprints down to the lab.
Zilch watches Dr. White sprint away, a questioning growl escaping his throat. As the battle rages out in the void, the shaggy blue killing machine realises he's ill-suited for delicate tasks like piloting. No raw, teeth-and-claw ferocity needed here. What should I do?

"mmMMmm hot dog," he mumbles, the longing evident in his voice. He calls out after Dr White, "You sure you don't need some... assistance with, uh, disposal?" He rubs his belly, and adds, "I mean, if it's already, you know, finally baked and everything..."

Unless an answer is forthcoming, he issues a reluctant sigh, and lumbers towards Dr White's vacated console. His claws are a little clumsy on the smooth buttons, but with surprising dexterity, he tries to activate navigate the point defense system. Zilch grunts as his claws fly across the console; he might not know anything about flying, but shooting things is something he understands.

I'd rather be nibbling something right now.

If any incoming missiles streak towards the Void Reavers, a primal instinct tugs at Zilch. But this time, it isn't the urge to charge into battle and gobble up enemies. It is something… different. He locks his googly eyes on the blinking red lights of the console, a hungry look in his eyes. There might be incoming missiles on the console, but Zilch's mind conjures a different image.

He gets into the zone.... and growls himself some encouragement. "These are not tasteless bland missiles, they are giant, chocolate chip cookies, raining down from the sky! And I, Zilch, am the hero of the cosmic bakery, I am the ultimate cookie-crumbling machine!" He squeezes the trigger!
OOC Comments
No idea what's required here, but Zilch has W.P. Heavy Military Weapons that might equate to operating a gun turret.
Initiative: 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22
APM: 8
*Applying +2 from Zilch's W.P. Heavy Military Weapons skill, but no P.P. bonuses as I don't think that applies here.
Shooting down any incoming missiles... ship has 8 point defence guns, so I guess Zilch operates one of the 8. Feel free to overrule me as I'm just guessing how this all works..

Action 1: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [3]*10+10 = 40
Action 2: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [3]*10+10 = 40
Action 3: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [3]*10+10 = 40 = 80 (CRIT)
Action 4: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [2]*10+10 = 30
Action 5: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [4]*10+10 = 50
Action 6: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [1]*10+10 = 20
Action 7: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [2]*10+10 = 30
Action 8: Operate Point Defence if needed: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , Damage 1d6*10+10: [4]*10+10 = 50

He drools! He shoots! Despite the slobber-slicked console, Zilch's aim isn't half bad!
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [6*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [41] = 41

StuffEnergy form: RAF Roundel
Grizzelblak wrote:"The Captain's chair has a few microscopic holes that will perform similar navigational function to navigating the holographic screen. You can just noodle around in there and figure out how it works. It's like contact switches, but for light. The controls are placed just above the left and right arm rest on the captain's chair."
MOD hovers over the captain's chair as Grizzelblak explains some of her capabilities. Finally, I don't need to go corporeal to pilot a ship. Ey can plant emself over the chair and inteface with the ship's systems with relative ease. It is the ideal.

"Yo Bert, do you mind if I take the chair?" MOD asks, if Bert is still sitting there*. "You can pilot from over there, neh? Thx."
Grizzelblak wrote:"They are limping away. Our last shot hit them in the engines. We can catch up if we do the spell again in 30 seconds but I'll take a minute to slow down, or I can fly normally and be on top of them in about a minute. Is there an angle of approach you would prefer? Do you want to intercept them from 50 to 100 miles from above them or below, or would you like to pursue them and just arrive behind them? I'll need you to plot an intercept course and I'll travel by the means of which you prefer."
The Machine wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:07 am"Easier to just cripple it, and deal with it at our leisure. Who's gonna come out and save them, another pirate... doubtful"
"Sounds good," M replies in agreement. "Grizz, go slow for one more shot, and then put us above them."

* I remember Bert sitting on the captain's chair when MOD got on the bridge, but if not, statement retracted.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [49] = 49

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Telepathy [60ft | 8min | Read Surface Thoughts]


Post
Grizz wrote:"Point defense systems are still active. How close do you need to be to teleport over to the other ship? Ashrak, how fast can you travel while you are in a vacuum? "
Ashrak giggles at the question in a weird little shake. "Not nearly as fast as a ship. A mere 48 KPH. Can we slow them down long enough for me to climb aboard? I'd love to slither into their ship, hehehe." Ashrak ponders aloud. Yes, I will fly to their ship, I will crawl aboard. Invade their minds and they will do the work for us! Ashrak's eyes twinkle at the thought.
MOD wrote:
Grizz wrote:"They are limping away."
"Sounds good," M replies in agreement. "Grizz, go slow for one more shot, and then put us above them."
Ashrak squeals. "OH, HO HO HO, NO! They will not limp away from thiiiiis, hehehe. They attacked us, the only recourse is obvious. Yes, catch up to them, and get ahead just slightly, maybe cut them off! Then I will fly over to them. And by the time I am done, they will open the doors for us themselves, hehehe." Ashrak says through a pursed smile as his tentacles writhe. He doesn't explain his intentions, the aliens machinations possible too outlandish for even this crew. They might sqiurm if they knew what I've done... or am capable of... hehehe. Ashrak chirps to himself.

Action Info:
Initiative: 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13


Should Grizz provide Ashrak with the means to fly over to board himself, Ashrak will mask his I.S.P. [7ISP] and activate his forcefield before flying out, relying on his natural Cloaking ability to hide himself from the enemy ship. Ashrak will use Electrokinesis to attempt to short circuit and open an external hatch for him to slither into.

Ashraks' intent will be to find a pirate effecting repairs somewhere on the ship, then Deaden Senses and then Mentally Control Others to control it.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 35% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [71] = 71 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [12] = 12

Vinny does the best piloting of her life as she fancies up the controls of the little shuttle. Despite being a brick, she manages to do a trick. Doesn't even quip (much) as she does it! She does swear at the aft damage to the shuttle, though. Once aboard Grizzelblak she dumps her helmet in the hangar and puts her hands behind her head as she walks. When MOD compliments her flying, she gives a mock salute to the energy being.

In the cockpit, as the captain decides to get some revenge on the pirates, Phara can't help but grin. "Oh, this sounds wonderful." She pauses, frowning. I'm forgetting something, aren't I? Scratching her nose, it takes her a moment to realize. "Shit, left my helmet in the hangar. You fuckers better not board before I get it!" She races out of the room, dashing to retrieve her precious helmet and jam it awkwardly onto her head. It takes two attempts not to catch her pony-tail in the seals.

Once done, she waits impatiently as her one job of shooting things is taken away from her, not that she's had any practice with their new ship's collection of weaponry yet.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Dr. White wrote: White’s face as he enters a bit of a reverie, fantasizing about the concept, when Grizzelblak’s comment about the lab snaps him back to reality. What? The lab?!? My stuff! MY NOTES! Cursing, White says ”On it! Somebody man the console!” as he darts out of the room and sprints down to the lab. I hope it hasn’t gone completely feral. It’d be such a waste to teleport it out into space.
Dr. White sprints back to the clone room. Entering the laboratory, he realizes that Bloodhound is no longer there. In a panic, he scans the room quickly, noting that the lab floor show streaks that seem like they were lightly etched, leading to the operations table where the Bloodhound was previously extracted from the grow tank.

Following those etches on the floor, they lead outside of the lab room and towards the room with the large silver pool. As he glances inside, he sees a large greyish creature descending into the tank, along with what remains of the kreeghor Bloodhound.

Image

The creature doesn't notice Dr. White's presence at the doorway and quickly dissolves back into the seemingly innocuous silver liquid inside the transparent tank.

Suddenly, the liquid moves again. An eyeball appears towards the surface of the tank. Glancing around, it stares hauntingly at Dr. White. In a blink of an eye, the entire silver tank transforms into countless eyeballs, ogling curiously at the good doctor.

Image

Back at the bridge, The Machine gingerly aims one more shot towards the pirate shuttle. The Rain of Death transport finally catches its bearings and turns its nose towards Grizzelblak. Attacking pre-emptively, the Rain of Death launches 8 Missiles towards Grizzelblak. Bert fires back, but misses wildly. However, the Rain of Death transport was just thoroughly cursed by bad luck. Two of the missiles fly straight into the path of the particle beam within moments of exiting their launch tubes, causing a wild chain reaction where the blast radius of the exploding missiles cause immediate damage to the missile tubes, causing a chain reaction that leads to ordinance remaining within the missile bay to catch fire and explode as well.

A huge flame shoots out under the fuselage of the Rain of Death transport. Then the power to the engines are cut as it drifts slowly from the force of the recoil. The ship seems to have lost power. Grizzelblak takes the opportunity to swoop parallel to what remains of the transport in mere seconds. Latching onto the craft with her on mandibles, the transport isn't going anywhere.

From the view screen, there seems to be a large gaping hole on the side of the transport that the Reavers can now use to board.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [85] = 85
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [9] = 9 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

Nurse Ratchet wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:57 pm A huge flame shoots out under the fuselage of the Rain of Death transport. Then the power to the engines are cut as it drifts slowly from the force of the recoil. The ship seems to have lost power. Grizzelblak takes the opportunity to swoop parallel to what remains of the transport in mere seconds. Latching onto the craft with her on mandibles, the transport isn't going anywhere.

From the view screen, there seems to be a large gaping hole on the side of the transport that the Reavers can now use to board.
Wow!

Zilch boggles at the spectacle of explosions and mayhem, and turns to The Machine.

"Did you do that?!" he asks, obviously impressed.

He drools in anticipation of boarding the enemy ship, and looks left and right to follow whomever is going to do the same. "Unless he hurries Doctor White is going to miss the fun. Ready when you are."

The monster has a plan of how the boarding will go. It looks a little like this:
Zilch Pac-Man in a ship.png
Once on board the ship, Zilch blends into the shadow and searches for Life Signs using his Sense Life power. He engages victims with
Those vulnerable to the darkness are blind and -8 to strike, parry and dodge. The firing of weapons and energy blasts is equal to shooting wild and likely to hit an innocent bystander or comrade.
, looking to cripple them as quickly as possible before moving on to the next victim. To anyone in his path he is a rather terrifying creature of singular bloodthirsty intent.

If a door bars his way, Zilch batters it down or chews out the lock. If anyone is rude to him, he bites their heads clean off. That will teach 'em!

Save vs Horror Factor: 16

I can always come back and eat them later.


Initiative: 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 (CRIT SUCCESS)
APM: 9

Action 1: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 6]+6 = 23 = 63
Action 2: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 + 6d6+6: [2, 1, 1, 4, 4, 5]+6 = 23 = 53
Action 3: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [5, 6, 2, 6, 4, 3]+6 = 32 = 72
Action 4: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 + 6d6+6: [2, 1, 3, 4, 1, 2]+6 = 19 = 49
Action 5: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 + 6d6+6: [6, 3, 1, 6, 4, 6]+6 = 32 = 52
Action 6: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 + 6d6+6: [1, 5, 6, 6, 4, 1]+6 = 29 = 39
Action 7: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 + 6d6+6: [2, 6, 2, 2, 4, 1]+6 = 23 = 53
Action 8: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 + 6d6+6: [4, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5]+6 = 24 = 44
Action 9: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 + 6d6+6: [5, 4, 3, 6, 6, 5]+6 = 35 = 45

Parries (+13 included): 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 , 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 , 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19 , 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 , 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31 , 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 , 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28 , 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15

Auto Dodge (+7): 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 , 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 , 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 , 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24


Contingencies: If Zilch gets into trouble, he uses Dispersal to suddenly vanish. He will reappear when enemies backs are turned, whereupon he will resume the killing spree.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 [CRIT] / 1d100: [22] = 22

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Telepathy [60ft | 8min | Read Surface Thoughts]

Skills
Prowl: 1d100: [77] = 77 /45% [Who can hear me move in the dead of space... bonk!]
Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [8] = 8 /65% [Is the ship salvageable?]

Post

Ashrak is pleased as a punch to see the large gaping hole in the side of the disabled transport. Ashrak's glee is compounded when he witnesses the hungry monster making it's way over there. Ashrak cannot stop himself from giggling. "Oh ho ho he he hehehe! I must! I must go too! Yes, I must witness this beautiful blue thing work!" Ashrak considers, fumbling with an airlock door to escape. Ashrak notably doesn't check if Vinney has her helmet on before opening the door, though his excitement makes him fumble long enough for the lantean to get right. The air hisses and Ashrak zips on out, twirling all of his fangarms out and spinning in the middle between the two vessels before floating closer to the hull. Ashrak will make a point to stay out of Zilch's way, and instead begins looking for wayward pirates trying to escape.

If a door bars Ashrak or Zilches way, Ashrak will use Electrokinesis from a distance to open it (65ft range to manipulate devices). Ashrak is exploring Zilch's wake and looking for anything of interest, Ashrak will not directly engage in the fighting unless he suspects Zilch needs it and instead float and explore.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [4*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [75] = 75

Stuff
Energy form: RAF Roundel

When Grizz's particle beam annihilates the incoming missles in a chain of explosions, MOD's red central circle expands in delight. Fuxing hells, that is beautiful. Ey then sees the large gaping hole in the side of the transport. Even better, now we got a way to board.
Zilch wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:53 pm"Did you do that?!"
"Fux yeah, he did!" M chimes. " Keep doing good work like that! Looks like we're primed for boarding, neh?"
Zilch wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:53 pm"Unless he hurries Doctor White is going to miss the fun. Ready when you are."
Ashrak wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:13 pm"Oh ho ho he he hehehe! I must! I must go too! Yes, I must witness this beautiful blue thing work!"
"You two go ahead," M says. "I'll hold things on the bridge for a bit and wait for the Doc."

As the first wave of boarders heads out, MOD turns to Bert. "Do you want to suit up? Or you going to stay and hold down the ship?"

Then ey looks upwards, and then asks Grizz. "Do you got things under wraps here, or do you need a crew on board. If so I got your back, otherwise..." Should Grizz give M permission, ey will fly to the airlock shouting, "Wait the fux for me! I'm floating over too!"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [98] = 98
PER: 1d100: [46] = 46 vs. 75%

Conditions:
21m00s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise

Zilch wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am"You sure you don't need some... assistance with, uh, disposal?" He rubs his belly, and adds, "I mean, if it's already, you know, finally baked and everything..."
White shrugs. No time to think about it. He calls back ”Your guess is as good as mine! Isn’t science wonderful!”

Once he’s down in the lab White comes to an abrupt stop when he sees some sort of eldritch horror devouring his precious bloodhound. Oh, buddy! I didn’t even get a chance to see you in action once we board. What a waste of perfectly good biomass! White remains motionless and silent as he gives the lab a quick once over- in particular, making sure his earlier work is still intact and uneaten. He’s debating what to do about the creature slash silver liquid when it morphs into a rather excessive number of eyes, prompting a startled squeak from the good doctor as he jumps back a pace or two before remembering to radio the others (and ask the ship about what the heck he just witnessed). ”Eeep! Uh. Um. Grizz? The silver liquid down here looks to be morphing into something. It ate that bloodhound I was whipping up! D’you know what the deal is? Can we study it, Cap’n? Can we, huh?” White sounds a bit like a plaintive child on the radio, but his genuine excitement comes through. If Grizzelblak and/or MOD identify the creature as potentially dangerous, White will look for an airlock nearby to toss it out of- cylinder and all if he can. Otherwise, he’ll chirp back something along the lines of, ”Okay! Board first, science later. Maybe keep everyone out of the lab until I can figure out if this thing likes to eat non-clones, too.”
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [40] = 40
Conditions: None.
HP: 35/35
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 42/42
P.P.E.: 155/155
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy)
M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
Ammo: 60/60 Shotgun shells.


Bert inwardly cringes at his shot, which slowly turns to horror and bafflement as a chain reaction of events goes off.
Zilch wrote:"Did you do that?!"
MOD wrote:"Fux yeah, he did!.. Keep doing good work like that! Looks like we're primed for boarding, neh?"
Bert doesn't say anything, just kind of slowly nods. Task failed successfully?
MOD wrote:"Do you want to suit up? Or you going to stay and hold down the ship?"
Bert shakes his head. "I doubt there will be much left to do after Zilch gets on board there. Just radio me if you find anything you need me to look at. I'll head to engineering to start working on a project." Bert says to MOD as he gets up from the captains seat. "When you get back, I should take a few minutes to explain what that chair does." Bert says, as he begins to make his way to engineering. Project added to Tinkerer's Thread
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77 / 35% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [45] = 45 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [10] = 10

Upon seeing the gaping hole just waiting for some eager boarders, Vinny's face breaks out in a grin. "Wanna bet only the strong ones survived that?" Without waiting for permission, she makes off toward the ship, though at a (slightly) more casual pace while Zilch and Ashrak race ahead. As she moves forward, she radios the bridge. "If you stay there boss, I'll make sure they don't do too much damage. Let's keep one of them alive, huh? Might lead us to a whole heap more of them - lots of loot to be had if so!" While the message is directed to MOD, she also make sure it's on the group's channel so the more rabid members can here what the Atlantean's suggested.

As for her holding them back, that was about as likely as Phara not holding back. Let's hope plenty survived! I've been wanting a good fight, and the best I've had in a while was against a bunch of mooks! Regardless of the validity of that thought, the former marine makes her way to board the other ship, ready to have some fun.

Crit Success! - Zero-Gravity Movement & Combat: 1d100: [2] = 2 / 116% - If needed in order to cross over to the other ship and have her fun.
Passed! - Pilot: Small Spacecraft: 1d100: [36] = 36 / 87% - If anyone needs a ride on the shuttle there.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Grizz replies to MOD:

"I'll hold position while you guys get over there. Remember to save a few bodies for the silver stuff!"

Grizz replies to Dr. White over the radio:

"There is a containment field around the silver stuff that isn't visible to most people. It generally get deactivated when you open the door. It needs to be re-enabled when you lock up. No matter, for now, I can re-enable the field. I forgot about it when MOD was in danger.

The silver thing is a collective. They are simple organisms that group together to form higher function. In this case, they sensed organic matter and wanted to study it. If the organic matter is brain dead, they will collect it, break it down and study it together. The aquarium like container actually has no bottom. The organism in the tank is connected to the silver stuff coating the rest of my body. Just lock up behind you for now and board away. Everybody else is already over there!
"

Image

Ashrak and Zilch are the first to float over into the transport, followed by Phara and MOD. Last to show up is Dr. White.

You all land inside the giant cavity. To the north there are two airlocks. The most northern door is labelled "Weapons control". The door that opens east is labelled "Crew". There is an airlock to the south of you, which is labelled "Engineering".

As your board the ship, you notice two crew members whom have suffocated in the vacuum floating amidst the darkness. One is a space wolfen. He has most of his heavy spacer suit on, but the explosion seems to have severely damaged his helmet. The other crew member is a female human. She is dressed in partial battle armor but it seems like she could not get into her gear in time. Both look to be carrying HI-50s with naruni vibro swords. Good but not exceptional kit.

Zilch senses that 8 organic life forms on the ship besides his crew mates. There are life signs to the north of him through both the Weaponry and Crew doors. Ashrak will have to make his way into engineering before he can ascertain how space worthy the transport still is.

MOD is in energy form. Ey cannot help but notice radio signals flying around em. Ey sense signals emanating north and east of em. The signals are frantic. It's difficult to make sense of what the radio signals actually say, they appear to be encrypted in some form.

Vinny and Dr. White bring up the rear. The transport is otherwise still. Engines are still and the transport is floating through space aimlessly.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [100] = 100 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [87] = 87

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Current Numbers: I.S.P.: 178/184 |Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Electrokinesis [Manipulate Electrical Devices | 65ft | 4ISP | 8 minutes]

Skills

Pick-Locks: 1d100: [15] = 15 /86% [Engineer Door Open Sesame!]
Demotions: 1d100: [75] = 75 /95% [Only if needed: Blow a small hole in the door of Engineering. If unneeded to gain entry, reapply to rigging the engines to blow on command signal from him.]

Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [11] = 11 /65% [Assess state of Engineering?]


Post

Ashrak's giggles as he floats into the open hull goes unheard by everyone but him as he floats towards the south. His six tentacles then begin feeling for the cold metal bulkhead like some sort of alien spider inching it's way down to the Engineering door. His long tail-blade coiled behind him as though to quickly be used to parry or impale. When he reaches the Engineering door, he will use Electrokinesis to open the door. If that fails, Ashrak will attempt to access the manual door controls to force it open.

"I'm investigating their engineering while our blue boy does his good work, hehehe" Ashrak queues over his radio if he can get the door open and the area is empty. I should really get a helmet so I can at least talk to them in space. I will look for a tailor on our next port. Ashrak considers, his mind as attentive as a child in a candy store. Multiple things distracting him as he refocuses.

If Ashrak finds that Engineering is not empty, his twisted smile widens revealing sharp fangs fit of nightmares. Ashrak will use his Electrokinesis to trigger a nearby device that hopefully attracts the occupants attention before he casts "Deaden Sense -4 ISP" and then "Bio-Manipulation: Mute -10 ISP." -14 ISP Total will be deducted if used.

If, by some sheer happenstance, Ashrak finds himself unable to open the Engineering door with either Electrokinesis or his own skill with lock manipulation, he gains an equally twisted smile as he reaches for one of the K-Hex bars. Hehehe, if the door won't open... I will make it open! Weeeee
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [66] = 0
JiC 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [21] = 21

Stuff
Energy form: RAF Roundel/ white board with writing on it

Skill Stuff
Radio: basic (87%) 1d100<87: [7*] = 1 - count the radio signals
Mathematics: advanced (77%) 1d100<77: [52*] = 1 - track where those radio signals are coming from and where they are going

As ey floats out of the airlock, MOD stares out into the void of space. Ey finds gazing into the expansive void reassuring. It's nice to feel so small. Space is just so big and empty that not even all the stars in the 3G can fill it up. And then there are the planets full of life. We're all just screaming into the void. Like those radio signals. Those radio signals.

M looks over the radio signals and checks to see if any of them are coming from damaged shuttle and in which direction they might be going. Along with that, ey tries to track how many signals are being sent back to the shuttle . If ey is able to do the quick and dirty math, ey will also use the doppler effect to figure out if the sources of those radio signals are getting closer and just how fast.

"Hey guys," MOD shouts, we got company coming."

But then ey realizes that no one can hear M speak in the void. Fuxing corporeals. What's the point of having ears if they can't work in perfectly neutral environments like space. So ey transforms emself into a giant white rectangular surface, which ey then uses to write out the information ey just gleaned from reading the radio signals. Once Vinny has been updated, MOD flies over to Ashrak and Zilch and gives them the news. Fux us. We can't even just win a fight, we have to retreat.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d100: [79] = 79
Conditions: None.
HP: 35/35
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 42/42
P.P.E.: 155/155
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy)
M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
Ammo: 60/60 Shotgun shells.


While the others are breaching the annoyance that was the Rain of Death Transport, Bert finds himself walking back to the engineering station. Good a place as any to start working on my project. Bert thinks. "Grizzleblak, just holler if anything weird shows up, gonna start working on a project." Bert says as he sits down and starts a new file on the computer. Let's get a plan first and then we can work out a prototype. Bert thinks as he begins typing.

Code: Select all

Drone assistant.

Small-sized, maybe a foot to a foot and a half in diameter.
Hover capable, likely a stripped down contra-grav system mixed.
-Speed isn't top priority, should be able to keep up with a person walking.
Optic system akin to Multi-optics band.
 
Mild Artificial Intelligence coded with some basic helpful programs. 
-Personality isn't highly important, may program it later.
Some manner of manipulators, likely tentacle like, verses articulated arms.
A few built-in tools, laser cutter, welder.
Light laser weapon for defense.
Case in Mega damage alloy for survivability
-Maybe install small force field later.
Hardwired battery with charging port.
After a few minutes, Bert looks at what he wrote and nods. "Seems like enough to get a start, let's look at what supplies we have and work from there." Bert says to himself as he begins paging through the list of stuff MOD and the other s brought back from selling the Kibiko.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [46] = 46
PER: 1d100: [61] = 61 vs. 75%

Conditions:
20m45s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise
,
6m00s, DB2P.35, most attacks -4 to strike, increase spd to 250
,
6m00s, DB2P.34, non-magical attacks have damage divided by 10, does not affect phase blasts or punches/kicks.


White listens in stunned silence to Grizz’s description of the silver stuff in the tank. He’s not even mad about the containment failure eating his new bloodhound, although a small part of him bemoans the waste of biomass. But mostly he’s just awestruck. ”Wow!” He says with childlike glee at the explanation. ”Waste not, want not eh? A very practical ethos. Well, I suppose the chance to advance scientific knowledge will have to wait until we’re not about to board a hostile ship. Remind me to ask you about any other important containment fields we might have when I get back, m’kay?” With a cheerful grin that (as usual) doesn’t reach his eyes, White fumbles about for a bit until he finds the locks, activates them, and races out to join the boarding party. He’ll float across the void without the need for a spacesuit, but along the way he activates his phase field and spatial distortion abilities ((-40 ISP)). Should he spy one of the floating corpses he will attempt to wrest free one of the vibro-blades for later use, but stick with his existing ripper blade if it is better/larger. With Ashrak and Zilch heading for engineering, White shrugs and makes for the crew quarters. Might as well get some vivisection time in. A shame it’s not under more controlled conditions, but I suppose therein lies the fun. Unless someone else stops him, he’ll try to open the door and go inside- if that doesn’t work he will d-shift ghost to bypass.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [76] = 76
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [66] = 66 (FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.


The glint of a floating vibro-sword catches Zilch's googly eyes as he drifts past the lifeless pirates. He reaches out and snags the vibro-sword attached to the space wolf-man's suit. At last! A sword!

The sight of the labeled doors elicits a silent shuddering from his chest – it is an unheard chuckle, lost in the vacuum.

These might as well be a menu, and oh my "Crew" sounds particularly appealing! A touch of hungry glee colours his internal monologue, and he mouths the words, "I'll have some Crew, please! With gravy!"

He watches Ashrak head to Engineering. He does not follow. That's the boring door!

He senses 8 lifeforms inside the ship, but only on two doors. So he takes a moment to communicate with his fellow Reavers. He gestures towards the two dead pirates floating nearby, holding up two clawed fingers to represent the lifeless crew members. Then, with a jerk of his chin towards the airlock doors, he points towards "Weapons Control" and then "Crew," followed by holding up eight fingers to signify the total number of lifeforms he senses on the ship.

There, now you know how many to expect. So.. let's eat!

With a silent predatory grace, Zilch flies towards the "Crew" door. He is propelled by dark energies that encompass the lower half of his being. He attempts to enter through the door, or floats aside if a fellow Reaver is going to be useful and open it for him. Failing that, Zilch will simply tear the door open, or chew a hole in it.

The other side may be pressurized.

Zilch ensures he is ready for any possible gust of atmosphere that might be expelled when the door opens. He not only braces against it, he is ready to reach out with a shaggy hand to snag any victims blown outside.

If MOD comes along with some flashing neon message of impending doom, he shrugs and points to his stomach. "Lunch first!" he mouths.

Full of cheer, Zilch plunges into the unknown, ready to kill.


Save vs Horror Factor: 16


Initiative: 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22
APM: 9

Action 1: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 + 6d6+6: [5, 2, 6, 5, 1, 3]+6 = 28
Action 2: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 + 6d6+6: [5, 6, 2, 4, 6, 6]+6 = 35
Action 3: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [6, 3, 1, 2, 3, 3]+6 = 24
Action 4: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 + 6d6+6: [3, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5]+6 = 26
Action 5: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 + 6d6+6: [4, 6, 6, 5, 3, 1]+6 = 31
Action 6: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 + 6d6+6: [5, 6, 6, 5, 2, 4]+6 = 34
Action 7: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4]+6 = 23
Action 8: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [1, 4, 5, 6, 5, 1]+6 = 28
Action 9: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 + 6d6+6: [3, 6, 4, 2, 5, 6]+6 = 32

Parries (+13 included): 1d20+13: [5]+13 = 18 , 1d20+13: [12]+13 = 25 , 1d20+13: [19]+13 = 32 , 1d20+13: [16]+13 = 29 , 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 , 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 , 1d20+13: [19]+13 = 32 , 1d20+13: [10]+13 = 23 , 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16

Auto Dodge (+7): 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 , 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 , 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11


Contingencies: If Zilch gets into trouble, he uses Dispersal to suddenly vanish. He will reappear when enemies backs are turned, whereupon he will resume the killing spree.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Ashrak disengages the locks on the engineering bulkhead door using electrokinesis. The instance the bulkhead locks are disengaged, the door is flung open by the air pressure inside. A gush of air blows past Ashrak immediately, along with a few instruments and tools flying out, but Ashrak managed to get out of the way (used JIC roll).

Vinny acknowledges MOD's message and proceeds to accompany Ashrak to the south door. A loose spanner hits her helmet as the bulkhead opens, and she is visibly upset.

Ashrak ventures inside the engineering area. It is dark but he can see clearly. There are no life forms in this area but his electrokinesis is tingling. He senses that there are electronic powered devices that were just moving. Suddenly his sixth sense fires.

(Roll Initiative)

Meanwhile, MOD, Zilch and Dr. White are at the Northern Corridor. Dr. White did not see a better blade for him to puruse, so he is sticking with his own ripper vibro-blade. MOD senses that there are three electronic signals broadcasting behind the crew door and the signals seem to be a constant beacon. Zilch also feels three life forms behind the crew door and proceeds to start pull the bulkhead apart before Dr. White intervenes.

Dr. White phases through the bulkhead and sees a series of bunk beds. Some of the beds are overturned. A quick survey sees that a few crew members, without full EBA are crouched behind some furniture. As Dr. White attempts to open the bulkhead door, shots ring out.

EDIT:

Dr. White can see that at least one of the large combatants is a largeish Wolfen. He is strapped with a large energy rifle. Next to him are two smaller beings, one human and one noro. All three of them have collars on with a pulsating green led light in front.
(Roll Initiative)
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d100: [31] = 31
PER: 1d100: [13] = 13 vs. 75%

Conditions:
20m30s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise
,
5m45s, DB2P.35, most attacks -4 to strike, increase spd to 250
,
5m45s, DB2P.34, non-magical attacks have damage divided by 10, does not affect phase blasts or punches/kicks.
,
3m00s, RUEP.184, 50ft range, -1APM and -5% skills to maintain control.


White waggles a finger at the crewmembers shooting at him as he takes cover. ”Naughty naughty! If you’re smart, you’ll abandon ship before my colleague gets in here. I can’t imagine his digestive tract is a pleasant way to go.” Regardless of any retorts or shots fired his way, White concentrates on telemechanic mental operation ((-12 ISP)) and tries to open the airlock. Once he is successful with that, he will teleport via dimensional leap ((-10 ISP)) to behind the wolfen and use telemechanics to discern the function of its collar. If the information he learns suggests that it would be advantageous to deactivate or trigger the collars (e.g., they have explosives, or are mind controlling the crew) he will then use telemechanic mental operation to do so. Otherwise, he will just start stabbing.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8
APM: 7

Action 1: Activate telemechanic mental operation and use it to open the door.
Action 2: Dimensional leap to go behind the wolfen, 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 to dodge.
Action 3: Telemechanics on the wolfen’s collar.
Action 4: Deactivate collar, or sword strike: 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20 to strike, 7d6: [5, 2, 3, 3, 1, 4, 3] = 21 MD.
Action 5: Deactivate collar, or sword strike: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 to strike, 7d6: [2, 2, 4, 1, 4, 2, 3] = 18 MD.
Action 6: Deactivate collar, or sword strike: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 to strike, 7d6: [4, 2, 6, 6, 1, 2, 1] = 22 MD.
Action 7: Sword strike: 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 to strike, 7d6: [6, 5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3] = 27 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 , 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [17] = 17
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [7] = 7 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed.

Nurse Ratchet wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:39 pm Zilch also feels three life forms behind the crew door and proceeds to start pull the bulkhead apart before Dr. White intervenes.

Dr. White phases through the bulkhead and sees a series of bunk beds.
There's a bewildered silence in the vacuum of the corridor after Dr. White's unexpected act of teleportation. Zilch, his two enormous googly eyes blinking in unison, stare at the spot where the doctor vanishes.

I really need to learn how to do that! I've heard of faeries that can do that. I wonder if I were to catch one, and eat it, I might inherit that power?

Impatience soon gnaws at Zilch as he waits a few moments. He presses his ear against the metal bulkhead trying to hear what is going on.

Does he want me to tear it open? Why didn't he teleport me in also? That WAS the plan back in GrizzelBlak.

Is he gobbling up all the nasty spacemen inside without me? Oh if he is, we shall have words. Yes we will.

He huffs.

Well, why not knock? Just to remind him I'm here.

He knocks three times on the metal door. The first knock, a polite THUMP, may well echo in the room beyond. The second, is a more forceful THUMP, and is sure to resonate with a deeper meaning. The final one, a resounding THUMP will send tremors through the metal itself, and gives a clear message.

OPEN UP. OR ELSE.

Zilch strains to sense the lifeforms within the room, the original three and Dr White.

If these lifeforms start vanishing Zilch can only suppose that Dr White is gobbling them up without him. That is sure to annoy him, and Zilch will proceed to tear the door apart. Consequences be damned.

If three lifeforms are disabled, and merely dying, Zilch should also sense the difference. In which case he will assume that Dr White is giving them a good spanking. In that case, he will wait.

If FOUR lifeforms are dying, Zilch will assume Dr White is in mortal danger and the monster will tear apart the door with all haste, and then tear their enemies to shreds. Then gobble up the remains. Then get Dr White back to GrizzelBlak. Unless he smells yummy, then he rolls a save vs willpower to resist the urge to gobble the doctor up too.

While waiting Zilch lets out a sigh, alas there's no sound in the vacuum of space. They really ought to give me some form of suit to I can hear what their little plans are.

If Dr White succeeds in opening the door, Zilch enters and closes it behind him. Are there any other Reavers with him? Oh in that case he grabs them and ensures they also enter before he closes the door again.

Zilch presents a frightful visage to any he finds. Save vs Horror Factor: 16

If anyone dares assault him, he slays them. Then eats them. Nom nom nom. Otherwise he follows Dr White's lead.


Initiative: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12
APM: 9

Action 1: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 + 6d6+6: [2, 5, 4, 3, 5, 4]+6 = 29
Action 2: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 + 6d6+6: [2, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5]+6 = 23
Action 3: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [6, 1, 2, 2, 6, 4]+6 = 27
Action 4: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [1, 6, 6, 2, 6, 4]+6 = 31
Action 5: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [5, 6, 3, 5, 1, 2]+6 = 28
Action 6: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 + 6d6+6: [5, 1, 1, 6, 4, 4]+6 = 27
Action 7: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 + 6d6+6: [6, 1, 2, 3, 3, 1]+6 = 22
Action 8: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 + 6d6+6: [6, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6]+6 = 36
Action 9: Cosmic-Naginata 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 + 6d6+6: [4, 5, 5, 3, 6, 5]+6 = 34

Parries (+13 included): 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 , 1d20+13: [5]+13 = 18 , 1d20+13: [1]+13 = 14 , 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 , 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31 , 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 , 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28 , 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 , 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28

Auto Dodge (+7): 1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26 , 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 , 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 , 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14 , 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 , 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 , 1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26 , 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15


Contingencies: If Zilch gets into trouble, he uses Dispersal to suddenly vanish. He will reappear when enemies backs are turned, whereupon he will resume the killing spree.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [45] = 45
Initiative: 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 [Sixth Sense + In Space/Void]

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Current Numbers: I.S.P.: 176/184 |Sixth Sense [Active, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Electrokinesis [Manipulate Electrical Devices | 65ft | 4ISP | 7m:30s]

Skills
Demolitions: 1d100: [46] = 46 /95% [Hello K-Hex]
Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [24] = 24 /65% [Engine in good enough shape/powered to overload?] [Ashrak would control the terminal with Electrokinesis: Manipulate Devices unless he finds he can't.]

Post

Ashrak is pleased as a punch when he finds Engineering to be lifeless. Free reign! The alien thinks as whatever atmosphere was there is whisked away. I love the silence of space. Ashrak muses to himself as he crawls along the ceiling, partially floating with his tail-blade coiled and ready like a scorpion's stinger. Mmm, working electronics. Excellent, good to manipulate. Ashrak muses as the alien's eyes dart to the shadows as his senses pick up the electrical signal moving and his sixth sense triggers. Mm, what have we here. Ashrak thinks as he begins looking around the room for the source of the movement and potential threat.

Ashrak is gauging two things as he enters the room. Firstly, if there is any power to the engineering console that Ashrak can manipulate/overload. Second, the source of the moving electrical signals. All the while, Ashrak makes internal bets on what he will encounter. Mm, yes. Most likely a robot of some form, I wager. Yes. Must be. Yes, my skin is tense and my tail-blade twitchy, there must be a threat within, yes? Yes. Or outside? Mmm, robots would not see me. Perhaps another threat exists? If it is a robot, I wonder if I can play with it hehehe Ashrak thinks to himself as he explores Engineering. The greater problems outside lost on the alien, though if Ashrak hears Zilch's thumps the alien will smile. Ah, yesss, the blue monster is having his fun, hehehe Ashrak thinks with a twisted smile.

If Ashrak finds there are security robot(s) in Engineering, his smile twists as he floats around the mechanical menace. I love all these races that rely on robots... it is as if they want to be taken over. Ashrak thinks as he floats behind the robot and readies a k-hex block to attach to it's back. I must learn how to truly control devices as well as people... Telshak could simple command computers. This would be child's play for her. Ashrak fondly remembers his bigger sister for a moment as he readies himself. Though, she wouldn't resort to explosives. Always considered it crude. Bah! They are pretty, hehehe. He justifies to himself.

If by some sheer happenstance, Ashrak is forced into physical combat. He extends a large, black psi-blade from his tail to combat the attacker.

If Ashrak finds one of his teammates followed him into Engineering, Ashrak will allow his teammate to engage whatever exists in the room first, relying on his technological cloak to grant him a degree of freedom of movement. If said teammate is in trouble, Ashrak will intervene.

Combat Contingency/Intentions
APM: 7 [+1 Space Native in Space/Void]
Parry [With Tail-Blade]: 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 | 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 | 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15 | 1d20+6: [7]+6 = 13 | 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 | 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15
Dodge [One action reserved for Dodge; remaining dodges as needed]: 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 [NAT20] || 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 | 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 | 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 | 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 | 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16

A1: Assess the area
A2: Prepare K-Hex bloc(s) for some droid destruction
A3: Electrokinesis the Engineering Console to get a reading.
A4: Telekinesis (lesser) to knock something over in a corner to attract the robot(s) attention. [-3 ISP | 8 min]
A5-6: If only one droid (or no droids), will ignore for now and attempt to directly access the engineering console. If multiple droids, will attempt to plant K-Hex on one of them instead for him to detonate when he wants too.

Contingency ONLY if he is somehow forced into physical combat.
A5: Activate a black/null colored Psi-Sword to extend from his tail [Tail double's in length] [-15 ISP | 20 min | ]
A6: Slice and Dice. Strike [With Psi-Sword Tail]: 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 | DMG: 6d6: [6, 1, 3, 2, 5, 1] = 18 M.D.C.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

(Alright, this is enough for this week)

All Stop.
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”