Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [25*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [30] = 30

Conditions:
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


"Hmmm..." Rufus hums as he reaches out with his arcane senses, his eyes closed shut. "There's a ley line not too far off in... that direction," he points to the north. "If Calvin or Rory can sense it, you can bet Teres the Adventure Gal is going to want to go explore." He opens his eyes and shrugs. "Truth be told, though, I actually need to spend a couple of days on one myself. We ley line mages need to periodically spend time communing with lines to keep ourselves in thaumaturgical alignment with the harmonics of..." he pauses and clears his throat.

"Sorry. Basically, we need magical tune-ups every so often -- and I'm long overdue." He shakes his head. "But first things first. We need to find some leads on Lemurians."
Consumer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:01 amIt takes jason a few tries to get out what he’s trying to say, but once it’s clear to the provisioner what Jason is asking, he speaks up. ”You’re in it. The town is only a few districts, Docks, Residential, Industrial, and the fringe. As for the rest, not so much, we’re a pretty accepting people. I’d personally avoid the Fringe, full of thieves and such. No, no libraries or academies, and as for shrines or temples.. There’s one on the eastern edge of the dock area.” The Provisioner says. With a wave farewell the group leaves the warehouse and ends up on the street once more.

Vlad is the next to speak up. ”I’m going to go back to the boat. This has been enough outside for me today.” Vlad says as he shifts into a raven and flies off. Jessie for her part shrugs. ”I’m just along for the ride really. You guys want to go get food, I’m down with that.” The Valkyrie says.
"So that's a 'no' on lunch from Vlad, I guess..." Rufus mutters. "Alright, we're looking for a place that offers hot steaks and cold brews. Let's see what's available..." He mutters a couple of helpful incantations
"Tongues" (12 PPE) to better understand/converse with others, and "Eyes of Thoth" (8 PPE) to understand written languages such as signs, maps, and menus
and begins searching signage, standing maps (hopefully there are still "YOU ARE HERE" map signs in the future), and even asking local authorities/non-food business owners for recommendations until they find themselves an appropriate establishment.

Once they're seated with cold brews in hand he lets out a sigh. "Okay... so the good news is that we're in a friendly port with a berthing for a week and groceries on the way. The bad news is that we're striking out on finding leads about the Lemurians unless the others have had much better luck than we have..." He snorts softly. Nah, they'd have radioed us by now if they had. "So let's review. No libraries, and no academies. Plus I haven't seen the first sign that says 'Lemurian Expert on Duty' anywhere around here. So who else might be in a position to have information we could use? Since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, maybe? Oceanographers? Shipping companies that do trade with far off cities? Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites? Maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things?" He pulls a sip from his drink. "I don't suppose this place has an airport? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air."

He falls silent for a moment, as if trying to wring any better ideas out of his brain, before looking at Jason and Jessie. "Any ideas, you two? Any other options we could look into?"
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: 1d100: [20] = 20

Rory continues to follow the lead of the other two as Calvin makes his purchases.

Not bad, not bad. Now, most of the woodworking gear we want will be able to fit in the dimensional pocket in my backpack, so I'm not going to have to worry about carrying so much weight round. Which means we can do that as soon as we check out the armorers, then start looking for Lemurians.

"Okay. Looks like we got a good start on this. Next step checking fer armorers?"

She looks to Teres for a lead on that at a similar time to Teres expressing her interest in the same.

"Right you are." she chuckles. "Now we have some idea on where we are in relation ta everything around us, the next step is ta make sure we can survive the search, yeah?"

She hefts her backpack.

"If we see anywhere selling woodworking tools on the way, we can make their day. And while exchanging my credit fer their tools and a chunk of gratitude, we can ask fer any leads on the Lemurians. If we find some armorers first, we can do the same with them - pay fer repairs and see if we can acquire some information. Make sense?"

She starts to whistle happily, then stops.

"Sorry, shouldn't do that. Whistlin' is almost guaranteed ta annoy someone. An' thinkin' of annoyin' people, just in case ye don't realize, the best person ta be doin' the talking has gotta be one o' you two. Much as I think o' meself as being social, I'm well aware o' the fact that people don't warm ta me as fast as they do ta the likes of Calvin here, or you, Teres."

She shrugs.

"So, armor, then woodworking. Unless we see a hardware shop first. Let's go!"

As she starts to walk she looks pensive.

If we can't find a place that can repair armor, I can do it myself if we find a ley line. It'd be nice to have it done before we leave here, though. The day you walk into the wilderness with damaged armor is the day you meet a reason for wearing armor. Woodworking is good for me, but it's a bonus, not a necessity. A ley line, though...

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 159/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 37/50

Weapons:
In backpack: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike
/*.0
.
Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [71] = 71 %
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [20] = 20

Condition: Babelfish- 1d100: [49] = 49 %
Consumer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:01 am Vlad is the next to speak up. ”I’m going to go back to the boat. This has been enough outside for me today.” Vlad says as he shifts into a raven and flies off. Jessie for her part shrugs. ”I’m just along for the ride really. You guys want to go get food, I’m down with that.” The Valkyrie says.
Jason smiles as Vlad leaves. Well, I at least got him out for a bit. Taking in the sights as they find somewhere to get the mentioned steaks and beer.

When the first beer arrives, Jason raises a glass to Jesse. "Here's to our captain for getting us this far and putting up with us, Cheers!" He settles back and listens to Rufus' ideas.

The lack of intel is frustrating to him. "So far, we have been asking where the Lemurrians are. Which isn't getting us very far. I think we should also start asking more about them as a people. We know next to nothing about them, so its hard to get in their heads to see how they think." He takes a long pull from his beer. "That's why I was hoping for a library or academy. If we knew more about them as a whole, we could find a better way of contacting them. Come to think of it. It may be better to ask around more openly to speak with a Lemurrian. If they are that secretive, letting them be the ones to make contact couldn't hurt."

As the meal continues, Jason bounces ideas back and forth with Rufus. "I think you might be onto something with shipping businesses. If they exist, one might have a way to get messages or deliveries back and forth to the city. If so, we could always just send a message to Kiri-Kiri to let him know that the couriers are in the area."

After their meal is complete, Jason asks Rufus and Jesse if they would mind checking out the shrine area with him. If they agree, that's where they head next.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Docks District; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Date: May 30, 12:40 PM (2 hours has passed)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Group 1
Calvin, Rory, Teres

The trio continues to converse for a bit, going over what they’d like to do.
Teres wrote:"So, we have a map. Seems to me that is a start. Our next logical stop is the bookstores and shops A Lemurian would likely go to or have an interest in. They would look for information that was hard to get. That means they may know the shopkeepers or local sailors... Maybe we will get lucky and that map will be a way to them. The bookstores should have something to help with that map. I'm pretty sure the bookstores may have other useful info on sea life and people living in the sea and their customs... And that armorer can probably wait until we find our contact. Hmm, maybe I should see them first. just in case?"
Calvin wrote:"I know nothing about them and don't really have any intuition as to start guessing... Book stores would be a good start. However, you remember the dream vision I had? I was in a dark, hot jungle with humidity. In the distance, hidden by the foliage, I could hear many things crashing through the brush chasing something. I had a feeling if we didn't stop the chase, life would be a lot more difficult... We will probably need to find an armorer before we go out of the immediate town and adventure again too. Let's get to it."
Rory wrote:"Okay. Looks like we got a good start on this. Next step checking fer armorers?.. Right you are... Now we have some idea on where we are in relation ta everything around us, the next step is ta make sure we can survive the search, yeah?.. If we see anywhere selling woodworking tools on the way, we can make their day. And while exchanging my credit fer their tools and a chunk of gratitude, we can ask fer any leads on the Lemurians. If we find some armorers first, we can do the same with them - pay fer repairs and see if we can acquire some information. Make sense?.. Sorry, shouldn't do that. Whistlin' is almost guaranteed ta annoy someone. An' thinkin' of annoyin' people, just in case ye don't realize, the best person ta be doin' the talking has gotta be one o' you two. Much as I think o' meself as being social, I'm well aware o' the fact that people don't warm ta me as fast as they do ta the likes of Calvin here, or you, Teres... So, armor, then woodworking. Unless we see a hardware shop first. Let's go!"
Having passed a pair of shops that seemed like they sold armor, it made the most sense to go there first, this is followed by a bit of a search for a place that sells wood working tools. All the while Calvin keeps an eye out for bookstores, while politely conversing with the locals for some information.
Rory and Teres, make a decision on what you want to buy, and note it in your next post. ~Consumer

Calvinfinds out the following things over the next hour or two. There is no bookstore per say, just some places happen to have a small collection of books for sale among other things, and he has no luck finding a dictionary or anything short of a pile of fiction novels. As for the other things Calvin is investigating, he finds that the only real requirement to enter the residential area is to not be an undesirable, likely meaning poor or a trouble maker, it seems other than that travel around the city is generally unrestricted. As for his attempt to see what else he can learn from the map, it doesn’t really offer a view of the area outside of Port Moresby, so no luck on learning paths around the outside of the city. Calvin notes that the wall only seems to surround what the city considers the residential district.

Woodworking Tools
Woodcarving Kit
  • Contains all the necessary knives, files, and chisels to work as a wood carver, all in a waterproof canvas pouch.
  • Weight: 5 lbs.
  • Cost: 500 credits.

Basic Woodworking Toolbox
  • Contains all the necessary tools to perform minor woodworking chores/repairs, not suitable for construction. All is contained in a metal tool box.
  • Weight: 30 lbs.
  • Cost: 1,500 credits.

Advanced Woodworking Toolbox
  • Contains all the necessary tools to work as a carpenter on the go, minus anything too big to fit in the metal tool chest.
  • Weight: 50 lbs.
  • Cost: 3,000 credits.


Armor Available:
LEWS-9 Light Environmental Wet Suit (15,000 credits (+3,000 credits w/ boots); WB07: Underseas pg 137)
MEWS-10 Medium Environmental Wet Suit (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 139)
Navy Body Armor (40,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
US Marine Combat Armor (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
HA-6 "Frontiersman" Body Armor (30,000 credits; WB08: Japan pg 186)
Trapper Body Armor (13,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 173)
Battleforge Body Armor (45,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 174)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: Military flightsuit (12,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 207)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: M.D.C. Flak Vest (17,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 208)
Urban Warrior Padded Environmental Body Armor (35,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)
Plastic-Man Full Environmental Body Armor (18,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)
Huntsman Plate & Padded Armor (24,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)
Bushman Full Composite Environmental Body Armor (32,000 credits; R:UE pg 268)


Group 2
Jason and Rufus
Rufus wrote:"Hmmm... There's a ley line not too far off in... that direction, If Calvin or Rory can sense it, you can bet Teres the Adventure Gal is going to want to go explore. Truth be told, though, I actually need to spend a couple of days on one myself. We ley line mages need to periodically spend time communing with lines to keep ourselves in thaumaturgical alignment with the harmonics of... Sorry. Basically, we need magical tune-ups every so often -- and I'm long overdue. But first things first. We need to find some leads on Lemurians."

"So that's a 'no' on lunch from Vlad, I guess... Alright, we're looking for a place that offers hot steaks and cold brews. Let's see what's available..."
The search for an appropriate dining establishment takes a little bit, but with Rufus’ particular magical talents, he’s able to figure out a place that will cater to their needs. It’s the kind of place captains meet with clients, thus having a slightly elevated atmosphere versus the other local eateries. Between Rufus and Jessie, the trio is able to order their meals and beverages, a local brew of beer that has a slightly sweet aftertaste.
Rufus wrote:"Okay... so the good news is that we're in a friendly port with a berthing for a week and groceries on the way. The bad news is that we're striking out on finding leads about the Lemurians unless the others have had much better luck than we have... So let's review. No libraries, and no academies. Plus I haven't seen the first sign that says 'Lemurian Expert on Duty' anywhere around here. So who else might be in a position to have information we could use? Since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, maybe? Oceanographers? Shipping companies that do trade with far off cities? Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites? Maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things? I don't suppose this place has an airport? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any ideas, you two? Any other options we could look into?"
Jason wrote:"So far, we have been asking where the Lemurrians are. Which isn't getting us very far. I think we should also start asking more about them as a people. We know next to nothing about them, so its hard to get in their heads to see how they think. That's why I was hoping for a library or academy. If we knew more about them as a whole, we could find a better way of contacting them. Come to think of it. It may be better to ask around more openly to speak with a Lemurrian. If they are that secretive, letting them be the ones to make contact couldn't hurt. I think you might be onto something with shipping businesses. If they exist, one might have a way to get messages or deliveries back and forth to the city. If so, we could always just send a message to Kiri-Kiri to let him know that the couriers are in the area."
Jessie speaks up. ”We’ve been sitting on the Lemurian sighting for like two months… I know it’s not our fault for having gotten the info from such a distance away, but I imagine that lead growing colder the longer we take. I would suggest asking the locals if they’ve seen Lemurians in the recent past, and maybe heading towards that ship breaking yard to ask there as well. Port Moresby seems a great place to base camp though.” Jessie says before taking a long pull of her beer.

”We may be able to buy cheaply or rent a land vehicle and make the trip overland.” Jessie notes.

What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.)
Rufus:
Rory: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Teres Barton: Wrangler Riding Armor 17/85 M.D.C.
Calvin Wallace:
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [77] = 77 %
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [51] = 51
Consumer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:20 am Jessie speaks up. ”We’ve been sitting on the Lemurian sighting for like two months… I know it’s not our fault for having gotten the info from such a distance away, but I imagine that lead growing colder the longer we take. I would suggest asking the locals if they’ve seen Lemurians in the recent past, and maybe heading towards that ship breaking yard to ask there as well. Port Moresby seems a great place to base camp though.” Jessie says before taking a long pull of her beer.

”We may be able to buy cheaply or rent a land vehicle and make the trip overland.” Jessie notes.
Jason freezes for a moment, then slowly lowers his beer. How the hell did I forget about that sighting report. Dammit! "Jesse, you are absolutely right. That sighting report slipped my mind for some reason and I didn't realize that this was the correct area for it. In fact..." Jason finishes his beer and signals for the server. "Might as well start now. " He waits patiently for the server to come over. When they do he asks, "Another round of beers, please. And some information. Do you know if there are any Lemurians in the area or who we should ask about them?" Whether or not they have information, Jason tips them well.

After they finish, Jason explains to Rufus and Jesse that he still wants to check out the Shrine area next. As they walk, Jason keeps an eye out for anything like a news stand, figuring that in a smaller town, they would know of anything worth knowing. If he finds someone who fits the bill, he asks them about Lemurians.

Finally when they get to the shrine, pays his respects and asks about the deities honored there.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d100 < 58%: [42] = 42
JIC: 1d100: [78] = 78 | 1d20: [19] = 19
Consumer wrote: Having passed a pair of shops that seemed like they sold armor, it made the most sense to go there first, this is followed by a bit of a search for a place that sells wood working tools. All the while Calvin keeps an eye out for bookstores, while politely conversing with the locals for some information.
Rory and Teres, make a decision on what you want to buy, and note it in your next post. ~Consumer

Calvin finds out the following things over the next hour or two. There is no bookstore per say, just some places happen to have a small collection of books for sale among other things, and he has no luck finding a dictionary or anything short of a pile of fiction novels. As for the other things Calvin is investigating, he finds that the only real requirement to enter the residential area is to not be an undesirable, likely meaning poor or a trouble maker, it seems other than that travel around the city is generally unrestricted. As for his attempt to see what else he can learn from the map, it doesn’t really offer a view of the area outside of Port Moresby, so no luck on learning paths around the outside of the city. Calvin notes that the wall only seems to surround what the city considers the residential district.
Aight, we got the lay of the land, buth otherwise this seems to be another seemingly dead end. This is a shipping town and a resupply port. Any reason that Lemurians would have had to stick around for would be to conduct some kind of business. We can try staking out more respectable establishments and maybe track foot traffic? Or they could have wandered off outside of town... Why would semi aquatic deebees travel inland though? That doesn't make sense.

At least we found some resupply stores. I'm broke, so I'll probably ask for a grenade budget when I meet up with the leadership. Maybe someone can spot me a horse too.


Calvin turns to Teres and Rory:

"We can keep canvasing Port Moresby for signs. I think however, now that we have a map, we can go back to Jason and Rufus and map out a systematic approach to the town. Maybe we'll run across something, maybe we wouldn't. But at least we'd have a process of elimination. I'm gonna radio those two and see where they are at."

(Radio Basic: 1d100 < 68%: [46] = 46 )

Rufus, Jason. We've done some basic window shopping and did get a decent lay of the town and where to resupply. Where are you guys? We should head your way and figure out our next steps.

Calvin waits for a response.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 17%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [43] = 43
Babal fish:
1d100: [57] = 57 /50%
1d100: [46] = 46 / 50%
HA-6 "Frontiersman" Body Armor (30,000 credits; WB08: Japan pg 186)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: Military flight suit (12,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 207)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: M.D.C. Flak Vest (17,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 208)
Battleforge Body Armor (45,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 174)
Navy Body Armor (40,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
US Marine Combat Armor (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
MEWS 10
total: 244,000


Seeing the suits she spots several she likes. Two also grab her attention. The US Marine and New Navy armor seem to have an interest. New navy? Jason was interested in them. I'll grab that and the US marine suit as well. She thinks as she notices some of the styling as both being combat-related.

Tapping her translator in place the Psi-druid looks at the suits considers and decides to buy a few. It would be best to have a spare just in case. The ex-Psi-battalion trooper thought as she pointed to the ones she wanted.

I'll have the Battleforged, New navy, US marine, a Mews 10, HA-6 frontiersman, that flight suit and flak vest” Teres says with a smile pointing to each suit. I would love a spare diving suit. But priorities. And I get the impression dive suits won't be hard to find in coastal areas. If we need more of them the psi-druid thinks.
MEWS-10 Medium Environmental Wet Suit (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 139)
Navy Body Armor (40,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
US Marine Combat Armor (50,000 credits; WB07: Underseas pg 118)
HA-6 "Frontiersman" Body Armor (30,000 credits; WB08: Japan pg 186)
Battleforge Body Armor (45,000 credits; WB17: Warlords of Russia pg 174)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: Military flightsuit (12,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 207)
Base-4 Armored Clothing: M.D.C. Flak Vest (17,000 credits; WB:19: Australia pg 208)
Total: 244,000 Credits


I was curious about that new navy and US marine suit. Can you tell me anything about who made them? I am a bit of an armorer myself. Hobby and essential repairs mostly. Oh and has anyone come in mentioning Lumerian sighting out of curiosity?” she asks as she hands over the credits.
Calvin wrote:"We can keep canvasing Port Moresby for signs. I think however, now that we have a map, we can go back to Jason and Rufus and map out a systematic approach to the town. Maybe we'll run across something, maybe we wouldn't. But at least we'd have a process of elimination. I'm gonna radio those two and see where they are at."


Sounds good enough to me until we get a specific person to look for. We can canvas and stop to ask any locals of interest as we return to the boat. Both Rory and I have items to put away. I want to get into this new flight suit and Frontiersman suit.” she adds with grin “If I can wear the flight suit under it.” she offers.

Once at the boat with the group with Ruffas and Jason she shows them the New navy and US Marine armor. "I saw these, I thought they might be interesting to you, or at least a nice collector piece. I have a new suit to try on. be right back"
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [59*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [48] = 48

Conditions:
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Consumer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:20 am Jessie speaks up. ”We’ve been sitting on the Lemurian sighting for like two months… I know it’s not our fault for having gotten the info from such a distance away, but I imagine that lead growing colder the longer we take. I would suggest asking the locals if they’ve seen Lemurians in the recent past, and maybe heading towards that ship breaking yard to ask there as well. Port Moresby seems a great place to base camp though.” Jessie says before taking a long pull of her beer.

”We may be able to buy cheaply or rent a land vehicle and make the trip overland.” Jessie notes.
"Fair points," Rufus nods as he takes a pull of his own beer. "I guess floating cities don't necessarily stay in one place like those on land. Makes sense now that I think about it." She's not wrong on the 'base camp' idea either... he adds to himself. Seems like a big enough hub for trade and travel. Convenient ley line nearby. They don't seem to mind d-bees either.
Jason Long wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:05 pm"Jesse, you are absolutely right. That sighting report slipped my mind for some reason and I didn't realize that this was the correct area for it. In fact..." Jason finishes his beer and signals for the server. "Might as well start now. " He waits patiently for the server to come over. When they do he asks, "Another round of beers, please. And some information. Do you know if there are any Lemurians in the area or who we should ask about them?"
"Specifically, can you think of anyone who's come in here and mentioned seeing any Lemurians recently?" Rufus adds.

Once the meal (and drinks) are done, Rufus will follow along to the shrine and pays the proper amount of respect to the god(s) represented... but he remains largely silent, preferring to let Jason do the talking for the time being as he keeps his eyes open around them. He's specifically looking for anyone that could fit the general descriptions of what they discussed -- cartographers/oceanographers, shipping establishments, anyone who might have information about the island and its history, that sort of thing. If he sees any along the way he'll stop in and ask about Lemurians in general and if anyone's reported seeing them recently in particular.
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 pmRufus, Jason. We've done some basic window shopping and did get a decent lay of the town and where to resupply. Where are you guys? We should head your way and figure out our next steps.
Rufus opens his comlink. "Roger that, Calvin. We're checking out the shrine and keeping an eye out for anyone who might know something about our task at hand or anyone who might have seen some recently. Here's hoping you found out more than we did -- we'll see you back at the boat."

----------------------

Later, back at the boat... Rufus raises an eyebrow at Teres' purchases but makes no sound except for a soft sigh out through his nose. Eventually though he does speak up.

"Alright, so this at least establishes that the New Navy has had contact with the locals. If that's the case, then maybe Lemurians have come here to trade goods or services as well. Did you find out anything along that line?"

He pauses a moment. "Anyway... Jason, Jessie, and I were discussing strategy earlier. Clearly we're not getting very far. Maybe we haven't been asking the right questions -- or the right people. I figure that since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, oceanographers, shipping companies that do trade with far off cities, that sort of thing. Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites... or maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things. Also, I don't suppose any of you found out if this place has an airport, did you? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any thoughts along that line?"
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [39] = 39 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: 1d100: [7] = 7

After Teres' bulk purchase of armor, Rory's purchase of woodworking gear was almost unnoticeable.
She lets the shop owner upsell her from the basic woodworking tools to a more comprehensive set.
(Advanced Woodworking Toolbox:
Contains all the necessary tools to work as a carpenter on the go, minus anything too big to fit in the metal tool chest.
Weight: 50 lbs.
Cost: 3,000 credits)
As she does, she slips in a question to the shop owner.

"Do ye have any idea how ta get in touch with any Lemurians? I were supposed ta ask after one of 'em if I happened across 'em, an' I figure this is probably as close to 'em as I've ever been. Only I don't have any clue how ta even find one, let alone talk to 'em."

She looks hopefully at the shop owner, hoping they may take pity on the clueless sap they just sold 3000 credits worth of tools to.

(She tries to remember anything the person says, even if it's just some general ideas of who to ask)

She leaves the shop with a large metal tool chest in her left hand, and a smile on her face. After they've all done their shopping, she compares notes with Teres and Calvin.

Well, that was useful. With this, I can definitely make some stuff during travel and other downtimes. Arrows for Teres, a staff for Calvin, a tripod for my rune musket. Well worth the credits.

"So, did any of us have any luck finding a lead on the Lemurians?"

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 159/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 37/50

Weapons:
In backpack: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike
/*.0
.
Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rufas wrote: "Anyway... Jason, Jessie, and I were discussing strategy earlier. Clearly we're not getting very far. Maybe we haven't been asking the right questions -- or the right people. I figure that since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, oceanographers, shipping companies that do trade with far off cities, that sort of thing. Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites... or maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things. Also, I don't suppose any of you found out if this place has an airport, did you? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any thoughts along that line?"
"A sound place to start. a city-sized ship will need power as well. and I am certain it won't run on the energy magazines I use in my pistol. So it has to charge somewhere at some point. If it runs on magic then it needs Ley lines or places of strong magic. We can get a look as we pass those that are on the route to the shipyard." she agrees.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls held over)
Rufus wrote: "Alright, so this at least establishes that the New Navy has had contact with the locals. If that's the case, then maybe Lemurians have come here to trade goods or services as well. Did you find out anything along that line?"

He pauses a moment. "Anyway... Jason, Jessie, and I were discussing strategy earlier. Clearly we're not getting very far. Maybe we haven't been asking the right questions -- or the right people. I figure that since the city isn't likely nearby we'd need to focus on individuals who do business over long distances. Cartographers, oceanographers, shipping companies that do trade with far off cities, that sort of thing. Perhaps merchants who deal in imported goods from said far-off cites... or maybe even shipbuilders who have experience with large-scale floating structures and would know where they could get materials or resources sufficient to build or repair such things. Also, I don't suppose any of you found out if this place has an airport, did you? I would imagine a floating city would be relatively easy to spot from the air. Any thoughts along that line?"
At the urging of Rufus, Calvin whips out the map and proceeds to look for an airport. "It doesn't look like they have one." (GM answer)

Calvin nods to Rufus as Rufus lists the professions to make an inquiry with. Shipping companies...

"Well, crazy idea. We know the Lemurians deal in ocean plants. Maybe since Port Moresby has land here, beyond the city there might be hamlets of civilization where their main economy is largely agrarian. As advanced civilizations generally enjoy rarities as luxuries, you think Lemurian traders would approach farmers and live stock herders here for what would be hard to get goods back home? Farms are definitely easier to see from the air.

There is also the nagging bit of my vision when I got lost in the crazy light in the sea a few weeks ago. I sense what we are looking for is running around in the thick of the tropical wilderness anyway, away from the shores and definitely away from man-made structures such as these.

As Teres said, the leyline theory can be worth exploring. Rory could also use the magic energy to work on things. I can feel a leyline north of here. Should we explore?

Thoughts?
"

Calvin waits for a response from the rest of the group.
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Wed May 22, 2024 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Docks District; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Date: May 30, 12:40 PM (2 hours has passed)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Group 1
Calvin, Rory, Teres
Teres wrote:I was curious about that new navy and US marine suit. Can you tell me anything about who made them? I am a bit of an armorer myself. Hobby and essential repairs mostly. Oh and has anyone come in mentioning Lumerian sighting out of curiosity?
The sales person looks at Teres and shrugs. We get bulk shipments, I have no idea. I’m not even the armorer, just the counter person. As for Lemurian’s no idea. Not something I’ve overheard.” The salesperson says as Teres pays a small fortune for over a hundred pounds of armor.
Rory wrote:"Do ye have any idea how ta get in touch with any Lemurians? I were supposed ta ask after one of 'em if I happened across 'em, an' I figure this is probably as close to 'em as I've ever been. Only I don't have any clue how ta even find one, let alone talk to 'em."
The old man manning the hardware store nods. ”I have a guy who gets specialized wood from them a few times a year. I can ask, but it might be weeks or months before I hear anything. Lemurians are a private lot, takes quite a bit to get them to warm up to you on more than a business relationship. If you’re lucky a few might be in port, but they look like everyone else really, unless they’re wearing that living armor they sometimes have.” The old man says. ”Want me to try and get a hold of him, like I said it may take a long time?” The old man asks. Whether Rory asks or not, she eventually makes her way back to the group.
Calvin wrote:"We can keep canvasing Port Moresby for signs. I think however, now that we have a map, we can go back to Jason and Rufus and map out a systematic approach to the town. Maybe we'll run across something, maybe we wouldn't. But at least we'd have a process of elimination. I'm gonna radio those two and see where they are at."
Teres wrote:Sounds good enough to me until we get a specific person to look for. We can canvas and stop to ask any locals of interest as we return to the boat. Both Rory and I have items to put away. I want to get into this new flight suit and Frontiersman suit.” she adds with grin “If I can wear the flight suit under it.
Rory wrote:"So, did any of us have any luck finding a lead on the Lemurians?"
Calvin radios the others. And gets a prompt response.
Rufus wrote:"Roger that, Calvin. We're checking out the shrine and keeping an eye out for anyone who might know something about our task at hand or anyone who might have seen some recently. Here's hoping you found out more than we did -- we'll see you back at the boat."
Afterwards the trio head back to the boat, to find Vlad loading boxes of food into the cargo hold.

Group 2
Jason and Rufus

The meal is beginning to wrap up.
Jason wrote:"Jesse, you are absolutely right. That sighting report slipped my mind for some reason and I didn't realize that this was the correct area for it. In fact... Might as well start now.”

Rufus wrote:"Fair points, I guess floating cities don't necessarily stay in one place like those on land. Makes sense now that I think about it."
The Waitress returns.
Jason wrote:”Another round of beers, please. And some information. Do you know if there are any Lemurians in the area or who we should ask about them?"
Rufus wrote:"Specifically, can you think of anyone who's come in here and mentioned seeing any Lemurians recently?"
The waitress seems to think for a moment. ”They’re not very common around here, mostly staying to whatever underwater places they call home. Occasionally some come here to do business or whatever it is they feel like, but I don’t know of any living around here.” The Waitress says before getting the trio another round of beer.

Calvin radios the team, and Rufus responds.
Calvin wrote:Rufus, Jason. We've done some basic window shopping and did get a decent lay of the town and where to resupply. Where are you guys? We should head your way and figure out our next steps.
The trio finish their drinks and make their way towards the shrine they were told about. It seems a simple affair, a brick building with colorful cloth banners and other bright accouterments. Inside the trio find a small chapel, with a older man in a black robe sweeping the floor. He looks up and smiles. ”Welcome travelers, how may I help you?”

What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.)
Rufus:
Rory: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Teres Barton: Wrangler Riding Armor 17/85 M.D.C.
Calvin Wallace:
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 / 17%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [22] = 22
Babble fish:
1d100: [30] = 30 / 50%
1d100: [96] = 96 / 50%
Before heading to the boat:
The salesperson wrote:We get bulk shipments, I have no idea. I’m not even the armorer, just the counter person. As for Lemurian’s no idea. Not something I’ve overheard.”
"Who in town would I talk to about Lumerians or other strange sightings?" she asks the salesperson " And do you have a spare box or something I can put these suits in? "

Most towns had a guy or groups into that sort of supernatural and alien lore. Some sailors had reputations for seeing strange things and using those to make money or fame telling the tales. Worse case the local priests and so-called holy men were a possible source.

So the new navy sells in bulk to locals—a good way to promote a good reputation and make cash. I am in the wrong business to make money. Not that I would be able to manage it.

Meeting up with group two:
Calvin wrote:"Teres, why don't you go change and put on a new suit of armor, you can leave your old stuff to be repaired here most likely. I'll help you carry the rest of your stuff back."
"That was the plan. we don't have time for me to wait on repairs and the mages do not have spare energy. I even grabbed a spare suit for myself. And Jason can use one of them if he wants to " she says grining.

at the boat
"Guessing the others haven't returned. I need to show the New Navy suit and give Jason the cigars I found later." Teres shrugs heading below deck to put her armor away. As she does she spots Vlad.

"Vlad, need a hand let us know. Calvin and Rory are on the boat as well. " She tells the herth spirit moving the armor in an out-of-the-way place. picking up the flight suit and Frontiersman armor heads off to see if the flight armor will fit under the frontiersman. If not shrugs and puts on the frontiersman suit. White and grey? it's not the best camo but a pancho or small camo net can fix that. and I can always paint to match as I need to later. and the white/grey pattern works in a few other places too. She thinks. The Psi-druid is happy with the purchase. Once she has her gear on, she heads to the main deck.
Rory wrote:" So, did any of us have any luck finding a lead on the Lemurians?"
"Nothing . That shrine is likely used for dealing with sailors. I would bet you Rufus and Jason are going to ask there too. " She moves in the new suit to get used to it as she talks.

"I also found that new Navy sells in bulk here. so they trade. I bet Jason and Rufus will be happy to learn. If they want to find the new navy the armorer or shop owner might be help." Teres crouches and kneels to adjust a quiver and her bow sheath and vibro axe position.
Last edited by Teres Barton on Fri May 24, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d100 < 58%: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [23] = 23

Calvin looks at the six suits of armor and lets out a small whistle. He says:

"Teres, why don't you go change and put on a new suit of armor, you can leave your old stuff to be repaired here most likely. I'll help you carry the rest of your stuff back."

Calvin then turns to the clerk and casts Tongues (-10 PPE):

"I'm feeling a leyline to the north of us and it looks like it is beyond the city. I'd like to look beyond the city walls and visit, but I don't know the lay of the land and I have no idea what to expect. Could you recommend a reputable wilderness guide? Also, do you know of a magic shop in town and perhaps a few weapons shops where I can compare prices for grenades and explosives?"
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [64] = 64 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [70] = 70 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [96] = 96 )
Yay or nay, Calvin thanks the clerk for his answer.

If he is told about a wilderness scout, he will visit and ask for a consultation. He will then explain that the group would like to visit the leyline up north. Calvin is looking for a secluded spot where Rory can settle in and get her items made while the others make camp. So he's interested on figuring out how to get there. Additionally, Calvin is looking for foes to avoid, monsters to stay away from, as well as pockets of humanity that might prove to be helpful if there is a crisis later.
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [45] = 45 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [46] = 46 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [13] = 13 )

If he is told about a magic shop, Calvin will visit and ask for a consultation. He will then explain that the group would like to visit the leyline up north. If the wilderness scout provided sufficient answers to Calvin's previous questions, he will not repeat them here. Instead, Calvin will ask for a list of gear that the shopkeeper thinks would aid search and rescue as well as wilderness exploration. Calvin will also look for land transportation to rent or buy, e.g. TW vehicles, animals he can ride. If he learns of a place where he can rent a horse, he'll pay a visit as well.
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [2] = 2 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [12] = 12 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [88] = 88 )

Last but not least, Calvin will visit the weapons shop and look for grenades as well as budget night vision equipment that can be easily affixed to his helmet.

At every shop, Calvin will make a note to gingerly inquire about Lemurians visiting.
(MA: 1d100 < 55: [35] = 35 )
(PB: 1d100 < 60: [48] = 48 )
(Research: 1d100 < 59: [10] = 10 )
He will indicate that he has a business associate that he is supposed to meet, but said associate has not made his rendezvous. Furthermore, Calvin will pay for various consultations. However, Calvin will not be buying anything right now, as his funds are low. He will consult with the rest of the group on what their collective needs are, and then procure away once that has been established.

After helping Teres with her haul, Calvin will wait on the Templar for the return of Jason and Rufus.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”