Omega Base: Plainsong

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Omega Base: Plainsong

Post by CHIMERA »

Act I: Here Comes the Weekend
Omega Base, 616 Grayson Street, Retropolis
Date: Saturday, April 18th, 2043
Time: 7:00 am
Weather: Bright morning (63 degrees Fahrenheit)

What's your ideal Saturday morning? Some people like to spend that time lazing about, maybe drinking coffee in bed while watching the morning news and reading a book. Those people don't work for the Omegas. Trent Holloway walks into the Omega Base around 7:00 am. Actually he jogs in, wearing orange striped shorts, a gray Copernicus Law t-shirt, a blue backpack. He carries a large box of danishes and bear claws from a local bakery, which he drops off in the Omega Base kitchen before hitting the showers.

Once he's changed into jeans and a polo shirt, he goes to the war room. He turns on the police scanner and lets it drone in the background while he reads The Station Ledger, a weekly magazine that specializes in long-form journalism. If he catches any situation that requires the Omega's intervention, he will notify whoever is on base. But it's a quiet day, so the heroes can wake up at their leisure.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
Steiblah

Re: Omega Base: Plainsong

Post by Steiblah »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [10] = 10 | 81%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | d%: [64] = 64
Steiblah Character Sheet
  • Nightvision 120 ft, keen normal vision, see the invisible
  • Turn into mist at will
  • Track by smell 45% (+15% to track a blood scent)
  • Dimensional teleport 51%
  • Bio-regenerates 3d6 MDC (HP or SDC) per melee round
  • Resistant to cold (half damage); impervious to toxic gases, heat, and fire (plasma/MD/magic fire does half damage)
  • Self and up to 300 additional pounds up to five miles away at will, 73%+3%/level
  • Magically speaks and understands all languages at 98%
  • Can shape change into any living creature, intelligent or animal, as long as it is no smaller than one foot and no larger than 10 feet. Impersonation skill is 96% if the subject is in her presence, 82% if very familiar with the individual or working from photos/video, 40% if working from memory and with little personal knowledge of the subject. The Raksasha may use her shapechanging abilities to alter or improve the disguise at any time.
  • 94% if the Raksasha is very familiar with the individual, 80% if working from a good sound recording, 30% if working from memory or with little knowledge of the subject.
  • Silver weapons do equivalent MD. In SDC worlds: Weapons made of, or coated in, silver do double damage.
    • Increased Range by 50%: All the ranges of super powers, psionics, magic, senses (even mundane ones) receive the +50%
    • Increased S.D.C. by 50%
    • Increased ISP by 50%:
      plus recovers 9 per hour of meditation, 3 per hour of rest/sleep
    • Increased PPE by 50%: plus recovers 15 per hour of meditation, 8 per hour of rest
    • Increased Healing: rolled 2+1=3. x3 multiplier
    • Incredible ISP Recovery [Mega Psi Power]: recovers ISP at 6 per minute of meditation or rest, 1 per minute of activity.
    • Achilles Heel: Extremely Bound to Good Karma Needs to act according to good karma (GM discretion). Without the aid of good karma, the hero has all combat bonuses reduced in half, loses one attack, and skills are -35%.

• PPE: 900/900
    ISP: 1050/1050
    HP: 78/78 +5 (SoM)
    SDC: 45/45
    Natural AR: 10
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +28% (SoM)
Toxins (15+): +10 +2(SoM)
Magic (varies): +11 +2(SoM)
Lethal Poison (14+): +10 +2(SoM)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +10 +2(SoM)
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (10+): +7
HF: +12
Possession: +2 (additional)
+4 to all other saving throws

Image Steven Resch, human psi-healer.
Conditions
    • Presents as level 2.
    • No alignment alteration.
    • Psychic ability: Show ISP level to be lower, ~50-100 total ISP.
    • Conceal amount of base PPE. Only 1-2 points.
    • Conceal the presence of magic.
    • Attributes appear to be 1/2 of what they really are.
    2hrs 20.25 min.
  • Enhanced Perception. 10.00 min. +15% Perception, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses. +50% to all natural senses.
Before going to bed the night before, Steiblah will enter into a discussion with Diomedes about a means by which both of them could be fully rejuvenated with magical energy by morning.

"Friend Diomedes. My psychic energy reserves replenish rather quickly. I can therefore use my psychic energies to channel PPE to replenish your reserves. However, I am also a dabbler in magic and my PPE reserves are slow to replenish. So if you would be willing to freely offer your PPE to replenish mine, I can then in turn replenish your magic reserves using my psychic energy." Steve explains hopefully. To be able to optimally regenerate his mental reserves, he requires another with their own reserves to willingly offer the energy to him.

Steiblah replenishes 6 ISP per minute of rest = 360 ISP per hr. Restore PPE is (4+) target other. Costs twice as much ISP to restore PPE. 404 ISP expenditure of a single Restore PPE = 200 PPE restored to other. Willing participants can gift up to 70% of their PPE. This PPE can be replenished with another restore PPE until Steiblah is full up at great cost to his ISP.

"If we can repeat this process, I can perhaps also boost your capabilities by creating PPE battery talismans for you in case of emergencies. Maybe we go requisition a stack of quarters and I will make each one a PPE battery talisman for you." Steve suggests as a means of 'payment' for such services. The reformed demon is not yet shaken off the demonic hierarchy's tendency for needing quid pro quo, so may not be aware of how such an offer might be offensive to the noble Diomedes.

Should Diomedes be amenable, Steiblah will put his plan into action before going to bed for the night. Ideally leaving his mind drained mostly of ISP and not PPE at that point. If the undead slayer is too wary to offer up his PPE willingly, Steiblah will not pressure the man and will acknowledge his right to make such a decision.

=========

In the morning, Steve will be lazing about in the common room as cats are generally wont to do. And will try to catch Trent's attention when he passes through.

"Good morning General Counsel Trent Holloway." Steve will address formally. "When you can spare a moment, I would very much like to pick your brain about your extended family."

Should he be granted the green light, Steve will continue, "What sort of firm is Opie Holloway's brother partner or owner in?" Steiblah had assumed it was a law firm, but it is likely prudent not to make such assumptions and to instead get more concrete answers. Steve will ask a few follow-up questions about the name of the firm, what it specializes in and contact information. "And what does his son do?" Steve will follow-up.

Opie's thoughts moments before Eve captured him inside her dimensional prison were incomplete. And Trent is likely the best person to fill in some of those knowledge gaps. If not, perhaps he can at least point me in the right direction. I really hope that neither of them are affiliated with Grizz van der Ourse. It would be nice to encounter just one nefarious scheme that is not secretly being run by demons.
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 vs 38% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [99] = 99

• Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 280/280
  • Spd: 75'/action

• Omega Suit | S.D.C. - Main Body 250/250, Arms 90 each, Legs 100 each, Body Camera 15 |
  • Omega Field Kit |

Wiping a way the steam on the mirror, Diomedes looks at his body through the hazing reflection having showered after his morning work out. He does some basic posing to critically review his body checking for areas that he needs to focus on and his tattoos. As usual, despite any injuries he's received, his tattoos look pristine and unfaded as when they had been inked. Unlike many Undead Slayers, Diomedes has no addiction to seeing his body covered in ink. Each of them is a tool to be used to defeat evil. Each one has been carefully placed to be accessible when needed. His sensory tattoos are arranged as if they were a necklace around his neck, while utlity tattoos were arranged like a belt at his waist. Animals and monsters were on his broad back. Each one a display of his sacrifice and committment to atone for the mistakes his ancestors made eons ago.

I haven't had that stretched, strained feeling of having a new tattoo in a while now. I think I am ready to receive one or two new tattoos. I should probably tell Agent Apizza that I will be away for a week maybe two, though considering this place is a version of the past of my own world, it may be that time moves faster in my dimension that this one, and I will only be gone a day or two.

Once Diomedes has pulled on an undamaged Omega Suit, he steps out of his room. Diomedes looks over at Guardian's room. Last night he'd gone to the room to see what Guardian had left behind. There had been nothing. The man hadn't been here long enough to leave a trace except in the minds of those he'd met. Eve for all her talk yesterday appears to have been affected more than she let on, as he heard her moving in the middle of the night and had found her room empty as well. I suspect most of these heroes had their greatness thrust upon them, few were trained to know that death can come quickly and senselessly at times. Diomedes lets the sadness in his heart drift away, letting the memories of the deeds and accomplishments remain of those he's lost over the years.

As he moves towards the kitchen, he thinks back to his conversation with Steiblah and his 'offer'. He had looked quizzically at the demon, his shoulders hunch a bit at being called 'friend' by a demon. Unfortunately, it's a visible reaction that he has to calm his mind and relax before responding, "Based on what you've said about your abilities, I can see the benefit it could offer when we are out in the field, but can you not sense that we are on a ley line? It is weaker than I am used to, but I sense that it can still be tapped. Are you unable to draw upon it?" Diomedes thoughts file the information away, if the demon can't sense it. He's confirmed the lore that Rakshasas have vast psychic and magical ability. When the time comes will I come up with a way to use this information when he shows his true face? Diomedes still hasn't wrapped his head around the idea of a 'good' demon, let alone accepting gifts from one. "Steiblah, I'd like to say that I know you mean well by your offer. But I don't. Every fiber of my being tells me that demons can not be good. You did well yesterday, but are not machinations your kind's life's blood? The leadership of the Omegas believe you have changed your stripes, and to that end, I do not hide my distrust to demonstrate to you what honesty is. We will work together, but it will be a long while before I voluntarily accept something made by your magic."

Sometime between 8am and 10am, Diomedes finds himself in front of a terminal. He punches in the code to contact Agent Apizza, when he finally answers, Diomedes cuts him off mid hello, "Friend Apizza! Good Morning! I see from the dark shadows under your eyes, you had another late night. Is this your fourth or fifth cup of coffee this morning?" Diomedes' face turns to sorrow as he continues, "Did you see the reports from yesterday, we lost Guardian, not in battle, but to someone's greed." He shakes his head and changes the subject, "I've called to say that I wish to take a few days to return to my home. However, if there is something pressing that needs my talents, I will hold off. I didn't want to just take off without telling anyone that I plan on returning." When pressed on the reason, Diomedes shrugs trying to play it off, "I have been gone many months from my perspective. When you hop dimensions, it can sometimes be years. Just like you must file reports on what you've done, I too must report to my clan and tell them what I have been up to." He decides on a little deception won't hurt, "As you've seen, the tattoos I bear are magical, at times the magic must be renewed." Better to let them think they are not permanent. "But my quest is not done, so I know I will return to this land and continue to help the Omegas while I search for the fiend Marissa."
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
Steiblah

Post by Steiblah »

((rolls carried over))
Diomedes wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:57 amAs he moves towards the kitchen, he thinks back to his conversation with Steiblah and his 'offer'. He had looked quizzically at the demon, his shoulders hunch a bit at being called 'friend' by a demon. Unfortunately, it's a visible reaction that he has to calm his mind and relax before responding, "Based on what you've said about your abilities, I can see the benefit it could offer when we are out in the field, but can you not sense that we are on a ley line? It is weaker than I am used to, but I sense that it can still be tapped. Are you unable to draw upon it?"
Steiblah's eyes catch the Atlantean's reaction to his using the term 'friend'. I had thought that such references was merely a peculiarity with his speech and that he would appreciate my effort to speak as he does when addressing him. Seems I was wrong and he genuinely considers others friends and myself not.

Nodding faintly along with Diomedes, Steiblah replies, "I admit, the magical energy coursing through this world is greatly diminished to what I am more familiar with, so yes, the fact that we currently reside on a ley line has eluded me. I am rather rudimentary in my understanding of magic, but will try to make an effort to draw from the ley line as per your suggestion."
Diomedes wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:57 am"Steiblah, I'd like to say that I know you mean well by your offer. But I don't. Every fiber of my being tells me that demons can not be good. You did well yesterday, but are not machinations your kind's life's blood? The leadership of the Omegas believe you have changed your stripes, and to that end, I do not hide my distrust to demonstrate to you what honesty is. We will work together, but it will be a long while before I voluntarily accept something made by your magic."
Again, Steiblah finds himself nodding with Diomedes in understanding. And also notes the distinct lack of the use of 'friend' prior to addressing him.

No doubt he has come across my kind before then. And such caution is well-warranted. It would not be beyond one of my kind to befriend the Atlantean before backstabbing them in a critical moment or perhaps leveraging the situation into advantage in some other way. The fact that such actions do not align with 'Good Guy' Steiblah matters little to him. I will not sway him at this moment in time with mere words.

"I see. Thank you for your candor, Diomedes." Steiblah pauses a moment before continuing, "I will abide by your wishes then. But simply ask that if you ever change your mind, that you do not hesitate in letting me know. I would greatly welcome such a day that I have earned your trust."
Jeremy Lancaster

Post by Jeremy Lancaster »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /27%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [81] = 81

When his alarm goes off before the rising sun like it does everyday, but instead of getting up, he grabs a shoe and throws it at the clock. This display breaks the clock completely, given his newfound strength hasn't registered to still exist and reminds him in the throwing of the shoe. Jeremy opens an eye to the sound of his clocks destruction and lets out a groan of a man that doesn't want to be awake or move this early on a Saturday morning. He rolls onto his back and lays there in the soreness of everything he's been through the day before, staring at the ceiling for a while.

When he does get up he pulls his pants on and leaves his room, dawn truly upon city by now and not seeming to care. He does pull himself down the hall as though he had been about a dozen forms and hit in the gut the day before as he goes down the hall. He heads to the kitchen with a metal pint and fills it with something probably healthier than coffee, a smoothie of like five different fruit, a couple vegetables, and whatever cream he finds in the refrigerator, chucking it in a blender, pureeing it, pouring into the pint, and walking away.

He sits in a chair at the center in the common area with his drink and turns on the television for a horror movie while no one can tell him no.

By seven, he is sitting on the couch with a bowl of cheerios and watching early South Park, still only in cargo pants, showing, in fact, he does not have a six but instead is squishy and potentially bruised in a place or two from fighting Gurgoyle recently.
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 /88% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [2] = 2 D100 JiC: 1d100: [74] = 74

Skills:

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening. Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
Abnormal Energy Sense: Sense the Use of Psionics or Magic: Range: 150 feet/level. (1200ft radius) Base Skill: (roll once every melee round). 89% / 1d100: [68] = 68
Track Abnormal Energy Trail (magic or psionics) Range: 150 feet/level. (1200ft radius) (roll once every melee round), provided the energy is long-lasting or repeatedly released over and over. 99% / 1d100: [31] = 31
OOC Comments
Can feel when magic or psionic powers are used and can tell whether it is magic or psychic energy (or both), whether it is near or far, and whether the emanations are strong/powerful or weak (i.e. a simple magic spell or a mystic battle or high level). In addition, the super being recognizes enchantment cast upon others (i.e. mystical charms, trances, disguises, etc.), and possession, and can also sense the presence of an enchanted weapon or object that grants its user superpowers or enables its user to cast magic spells, including rune weapons, but again, only when the item is in use or by touch.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:
OOC Comments
Equipment:
What he has carried with him is the radios for himself and his ectypes, Draupnir ring, and his Kanabō. Everything else is readily available to Sentinel in his dimensional room.
He stares lidlessly at the ceiling of his room in the Omega Station sleep just out of reach. Habits belonging to humans feel fresh despite a thousand years separating fact from the fiction. With no sleep comes plenty of time for the past to rolls over and over in the mind of the Ex-General/Emperor/Guardian. What am I going to do… the uncertainty of his past and present identity fill him with dread. Am I who I think I am or am I who I was? Just a General? Just an Emperor? An Omega? he thinks the trademark Omega suit hangs unused on a chair nearby. Memories of Qin Shi Haung and General Xang’s clash. If I am not Qin why would my Children try and destroy me? The contradictions play over and over with no answer apparent. Older advise than he whispers, If you don’t know where you are then all you can do is take a step at a time until you do.

Movement around the base tingles his senses. One of many abilities he seems to have sensing movement and vibrations through the floor. He remembers, but feels out of place like a piece of corn kernel agitating the tongue. Swinging his feet off the bed he stands before the omega suit. Uniforms are a part of a military and something he understands. Putting on the suit is a struggle over his statuesque body but he manages it. Strolling out and into the common area he sees two new faces and the back of a head eating something from a bowl on a sofa.

”Who are you…" he starts to demand as a General would but catches himself changing tactics, ”Hmm, have me met?” he asks looking towards the trio, two chatting, and glances over at the third eating on the couch.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N: Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu, Dragonese
P.P.E.: 478/478| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 756/756 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2
Location: At Occult shop in Century Station for a lead on magical resources.

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7

Ectype 8
Steiblah

Post by Steiblah »

((rolls carried over))
Sentinel wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:29 pm”Who are you…" he starts to demand as a General would but catches himself changing tactics, ”Hmm, have me met?” he asks looking towards the trio, two chatting, and glances over at the third eating on the couch.
Save vs Sentinel Divine Radiance (vs HF 14): 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26

Peeling off from his conversation with Diomedes, Steiblah (still in the humble form of psi-healer Steven Resch) turns his attention toward Sentinel. Immediately, the obvious divinity of the living terracotta golem washes over the reformed Raksasha. And he also feels the compulsion of that radiance to listen and obey. Who is this? Another Omega hero I hope.

Instinctively, Steiblah leans into the feeling and plays along. He lowers his head in reverence.

"Greetings. I am Steiblah," he answers plainly, "And we have not yet met."

Keeping his head bowed low, Steiblah knows that those who demand obedience from others rarely want to hear more than what they demand. And so he does not elaborate further at this time. He likewise waits patiently for Sentinel's eminence to also wash over Diomedes and is inwardly quite curious at how the Atlantean will react. A part of him thinks that the tattooed man will be too proud to kowtow.
Jeremy Lancaster

[Rolls Carried]

He continues to consume cheerios and watch South Park even if he hears voices talking around him. He turns his head with a complete question asked, "Huh?"

"Who and whyyyyyyyy is that there?"He shifts to have a better field of vision on the terracotta statue that wasn't there before, though knowing somehow, some way, it was speaking to him. How and why is there a statue there now? "Anyway..., I'm Jeremy." He answers with a nod in Steiblah's general direction in introduction.
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Act I: Here Comes the Weekend
Omega Base, 616 Grayson Street, Retropolis
Date: Saturday, April 18th, 2043
Time: 8:30 am
Weather: Bright morning (63 degrees Fahrenheit)

The Omegas get a slow roll to the start of their morning. Before anyone else had woken up, Eve left to get ready for morning classes at her dojo. Shortly afterwards, Steiblah wakes up and decides to prowl around the mansion. When he hears noise in the War Room, he stalks in to find Trent comfortably settled in. He smiles as he sees Steiblah approach. "Hello Steiblah!"
Steiblah wrote:"Good morning General Counsel Trent Holloway. When you can spare a moment, I would very much like to pick your brain about your extended family."
"Sure." Trent puts down his magazine and the smile fades. "What would you like to know about them?"
Steiblah wrote:"What sort of firm is Opie Holloway's brother partner or owner in?"
"Well, Opie is my uncle, so you must mean my father, Deuce. He's the senior named partner at Holloway, Holloway, & Taynor. I was supposed to follow in his footsteps and join the firm when I finished law school." He lets out a sheepish sigh and gestures around the room, "But I decided on a different career path. I didn't like the type of shameless business my family did. They'll work for the worst people in the city if they pay well, and I want to make Century Station a better place to live. It's a source of tension between me and my parents."

Trent's cell vibrates on the table, he glances at it and then looks back to Steiblah. "That would be my father," he says. "He has been trying to get me to rush Uncle Opie's arraignment so he can post bail. Unfortunately, I've got too much work to do to call up a judge for a special hearing today." He picks up his magazine and slowly opens it, hinting at his important work, with a devilish smirk. He lowers his magazine again, though, not wanting to chase Steiblah away. "Is there anything else I can help you with? Preferably not related to my relatives?"

Diomedes rolls out of bed a little later. After getting changed he picks up his phone and places a video calls to his old handler, Vincent Apizza. The agent sits on a sofa in his office, his tie slack, his shirt untucked and sleeves rolled.
Diomedes wrote:"Friend Apizza! Good Morning! I see from the dark shadows under your eyes, you had another late night. Is this your fourth or fifth cup of coffee this morning?"
"It's been a week, 'Friend Frog'," Agent Apizza responds with a smirk. "How are things going with your team?"
Diomedes wrote:"Did you see the reports from yesterday, we lost Guardian, not in battle, but to someone's greed."
"I didn't," Apizza replies shaking his head. "Cossa t'aspet? This is Century Station, nino. There are a lot of reckless and greedy people here that don't care what they break to make a quick buck. Be careful, and don't trust the people in charge to have your best interests." Speaking of that, Diomedes then makes his request.
Diomedes wrote:"I've called to say that I wish to take a few days to return to my home. However, if there is something pressing that needs my talents, I will hold off. I didn't want to just take off without telling anyone that I plan on returning."
Apizza sits up straight when Diomedes says he wants to head home. "That's a big request," Apizza says clearing his throat. "You might have forgotten, but technically you are still under CHIMERA's supervision. You aren't allowed to leave the city, let alone this plane of reality, without some kind of escort. Do you know how much trouble I'd get if I let you go?"
Diomedes wrote:"I have been gone many months from my perspective. When you hop dimensions, it can sometimes be years. Just like you must file reports on what you've done, I too must report to my clan and tell them what I have been up to."
"Well that's the rub, isn't it? Bouncing between dimensions is always uncertain. If we let you go there's no guarantee that you will come back. Or you might come back years from now." Apizza can see the disappointment in Diomedes eyes, and before the Atlantean can make another plea, the CHIMERA agent suggests something, "Look, if you're feeling homesick, I actually got this thing that I could use your help on." Apizza wipes his chin and looks around. "I can't say much over this line, it isn't exactly secure. But why don't you meet me at Sailor Jerry's over in Zericho? Sit at the corner and order a chef's special."

While Diomedes is considering if he should meet with Agent Apizza, Jeremy and Sentinel start to mill around the Omega Base and meet for the first time. Shortly, more of their teammates will wake up.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [12] = 12
Perception: 59% / 1d100: [46] = 46 (SUCCESS)

• Mimic active: no
  • Conditions: None
  • Passive Abilities
    • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
    • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
    • Immune to horrific nauseating scents.
    • Superior vision about five times better than normal humans, which means an 18 inch sign can be read a mile away.
    • Nightvision - 500 feet (152.4 m).
    • Can see ultraviolet light.
    • Radiates low levels of radiation.
  • H.P.: 28/28
  • S.D.C.: 268/268
  • A.R.: 17 (Omega Suit), 10 (Void Form)
  • Omega Suit S.D.C by location: Arms 90/90 each, Legs: 100 each, Main Body: 250, *Body Camera: 15

So good to be back! What a beautiful day it is!

Leaving the hover-truck behind with a musical hum that exudes gleeful satisfaction, Shazbut glides through the Omega HQ hallways, his usual cheerful greetings in the air. He throws a casual two-finger salute towards the memorial hedge garden, a place of quiet reflection dedicated to fallen Omegas. With a twinkle in his eye, he calls out, "Good afternoon, beautiful dead people! May your victories echo through the halls of eternity!"

The sight of the enormous swimming pool and diving board ahead draws another playful remark. Shazbut throws his arms wide in a theatrical gesture, a wide grin splitting his face. "Good afternoon, beautiful skinny dipping pool! Perhaps later, after a lunch, but not too soon after lunch!" he winks at anyone present at the time.

Reaching the lounge area, the flashing lights of the arcade machines catch his eye. His Skunkiness cannot resist a quick hello. Stopping in front of a classic Space Invaders machine, he leans in conspiratorially. "Good afternoon, beautiful arcade machine! Many a quarter shall sacrifice at your pixelated altar. Perhaps later? We already had to fight one space invader today!" he winks, already moving on.

Xenomancer! Who would have known that today I would clash with someone who knows something about me. I wonders what more the lovely blue lady will find out.

At some point the skunk finds his bed, and sleeps blissfully through the night. Upon awakening, he repeats his greeting to Omega staff, heroes, and even ordinary household objects he happens by.

His stroll is interrupted by the sight of some fellow Omegas. He looks at Jeremy the Pizza Guy. But ever the social butterfly, Shazbut approaches with a flourish. "Greetings and good morning, beautiful doggy pizza man person!" His greeting is marked by his signature wide grin. He spots the reformed demon and his face lights up. (If it is even possible for him to light any more than he already is without bursting into happy flame).

"Good morning, Steiblah, beautiful cat-" Shazbut begins, his voice warm and welcoming. He trails off mid-sentence, however, as his gaze falls upon the imposing statue of the Chinese warlord standing sentinel further down the hall.

"Oh, that is the WORST statue I've ever seen!" he exclaims, his voice laced with sudden displeasure. "It won't match the decor in here at all! Who is the decorator? It's obviously a cheap knock-off! I will have a TALK with them!" he declares, puffing out his chest in mock indignation.

Does Shazbut realize that the object of his criticism isn't just any statue? Has he even met Sentinel before? If he has, the golem has likely not said more than a handful of words to him previously, so it probably does not count. If he has, perhaps the skunk is playing with him. (Who knows, I'm just the author here!)

If no one stops him, he joyfully continues on to the sparring room.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
Maia

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [75] = 75
PER: 1d100: [47] = 47 vs. 76%

Maia couldn’t care less about any past conflict between Alpha Prime and the other Omegas, but then she doesn’t particularly care about individual humans as a rule. She largely just ignores these, aside from a quick intimidation of the witness that yields some modest results. Merc…enary? The plant being frowns as she searches the Xenomancer’s words for their meaning. This was about money? How absurd. She does however manage a smile of sorts for the captain as she looms over him and he confesses. ”CAN. STILL. SQUEEZE.” But she relents. Poor form to threaten and then follow through despite getting what you want. She allows Alpha Prime to ‘restrain’ her, and after the Xenomancer is taken away Maia returns to her regular size and turns to Shaz in a calmer frame of mind. ”NO. LASAGNE. YES. LUNCH. GARDEN. NEED. SOIL. SUN. WATER. BACK?” Once it becomes clear that their task in the park is done, Maia releases her possessed plants back to the forest and begins the arduous journey back to base where she can rest in her tree again. She will ignore the other Omegas on base unless any of them pay her a visit in her garden.
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
Sicilia
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [87] = 87 / 63% +5% to perceive tactile characteristics
JiC d100: 1d100: [70] = 70 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [19] = 19

Sicilia wakes up late, and she wakes up hungry. Why's it so dark? the serpent thinks to herself, before shifting slightly, feeling feathers slide across scales. The sudden sensation briefly startles her, getting her reptilian eyes to snap open, seeing only darkness. Until she raises a wing, that is, the warm light of the sun getting an almost human-like wince out of her, pupil dilating ever so slightly. Confusion fills her momentarily, until the events of the previous day come back. Oh, right, that. I guess these are real, then, huh?

Slowly, she pulls herself out of her own coils, pilled up atop the pillows and blankets on the floor, her Omega suit, tablet, and utility belt lazily tossed over the unused mattress of her bed. She stretches a wing, only to flinch again as the limb awkwardly strikes her desk, the snake hissing in annoyance. How does Eve deal with this? she can't help but think, tail flicking once as she looks about. And why am I so hungry? Ugh, it's only been three days since I had that leg of bison. Shouldn't be feeling peckish until tomorrow.

As she boots up her computer, her bleary eyes carefully kept focused on her door rather than the bright light of the screen, a wing crosses into her vision again. Maybe that whole... thing... has something to do with it? With an internal sigh, she checks her feeds of various news outlets, before closing out the browser, mind too unfocused to get anything from it. She glances to her tablet, floating it over in her TK and powering it up, noting that she forgot to charge it the night prior.

She flicks through her notes on the previous day, shaking her head slightly at the drop in quality after the addition of her wings had distracted her. She stares at the words for a moment longer, realizing she's read the sentence Pages burning to ash when ripped. Potentially magic in book itself three or four times and setting it down. I need food, she decides finally, slipping out of her room. She only knocks one of her wings on the door frame as she gets out, the moment of soreness more an annoyance than anything.
Shazbut wrote:"Oh, that is the WORST statue I've ever seen!" he exclaims, his voice laced with sudden displeasure. "It won't match the decor in here at all! Who is the decorator? It's obviously a cheap knock-off! I will have a TALK with them!" he declares, puffing out his chest in mock indignation.
Slithering out into the common room, Sicilia catches Shazbut's comments on Sentinel's statuesque appearance. Despite her mood and distraction, she lets out a mental giggle for the room to hear as she crosses to the kitchen in search of a dozen pounds of meat or so. Her words float in the alien's mind, Buongiorno, Shazbut. È bello vedere che sei di umore migliore del mio. (
Morning, Shazbut. Good to see you're in a better mood than I am.
) The serpent takes a moment of satisfaction in being able to speak her native tongue with the other hero, before switching back to English. Don't mind the addition, she continues, flapping a wing once as she refers to it, I'll tell you the story when I'm not quite so hungry. While her speech is directed towards Shazbut, everyone can hear the snake's mental words, and proceeds to briefly greet the other Omegas in the room.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 44/44
H.P.: 25/45
S.D.C.: 99/99
Stone Form S.D.C.: 600/600
Omega Suit S.D.C.: 126/250

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:
  • Main Body: 126 / 250
  • *Body Camera: 15 / 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

APS: Stone Transformation Bonuses/Changes

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
566 / 600 (replaces natural S.D.C. while transformed)
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Gas, ingested drugs, magic, and psionics have full effect
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll
-Endure underwater pressure up to depths of 800 ft
-Function in vacuum until air supply is gone

-Weight is tripled
-P.S. increased by 16, considered Superhuman
-Can carry 200 times P.S. in pounds, can life 300 times P.S. in pounds
-Fatigues at half rate

-S.D.C. of stone (600) recovers at three times normal rate
-Radiates no heat in stone form, invisible to infrared and heat sensors
-Speed reduced by half in stone form
-Hold breath twice as long in stone form
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 vs 38% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [31] = 31

• Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 280/280
  • Spd: 75'/action

• Omega Suit | S.D.C. - Main Body 250/250, Arms 90 each, Legs 100 each, Body Camera 15 |
  • Omega Field Kit |

Despite having just informed Agent Apizza about Guardian's death, the Agent stating that Diomedes can't leave generates a different reaction. The laugh from Diomedes starts deep in his belly and rolls out across the Omega headquarters. "Friend Apizza, your jokes are amazing. This one is almost as funny as the time I thought my door was stuck, but had you locked the door to my bedroom while I was sleeping and I had to break the hinges so I could go out for my morning walk." He chuckles a bit more wiping the tears from his eyes so he doesn't see whatever expression is on Agent Apizza's face. "But seriously, I had thought about taking my friend Gwenfrey with me to provide a dimensional 'anchor' you might say, but if you want to come along, I suppose I could take you. Having you been keeping up with your exercises and lost anymore weight? I do have a limit on how much extra mass I can take along." He reaches down and picks up the mouse he'd knocked on to the floor and carefully puts it back on the desk. "Very well, friend Apizza, I will join you at this Sailor Jerry's you speak of."

Diomedes ends the call before Agent Apizza can reply and gets up from the station. Standing up, he can't help but think back to when he first met Agent Apizza and his blithely ignorant attitude towards magic and the supernatural and now to him thinking has any real knowledge about moving to different dimensions. These people all think they have any idea of what this universe and other dimensions are really like. What will he do when a large and moving Torb shows up? or that of a giant Sloar? Will he be willing to be roasted like so many Shubs and Zuuls before he lets go of his pride?

He asks his fellow Omegas about how to get to Sailor Jerry's, eventually looking for Eddie or Amanda to either give him a ride or directions for him to get there himself and then heads out.

When he arrives at Sailor Jerry's he does as instructed, find a corner and ordering the Chef's Special ready to see what joke Agent Apizza has in store for him.
Diomedes, EP Record

Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried over))
Sicilia wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:50 am Slithering out into the common room, Sicilia catches Shazbut's comments on Sentinel's statuesque appearance. Despite her mood and distraction, she lets out a mental giggle for the room to hear as she crosses to the kitchen in search of a dozen pounds of meat or so. Her words float in the alien's mind, Buongiorno, Shazbut. È bello vedere che sei di umore migliore del mio. (
Morning, Shazbut. Good to see you're in a better mood than I am.
)
Shazbut hears Sicilia's mental giggle, and he puts aside thoughts of interior design disasters. He turns and sees the snake as she speaks further.

Ohh! Something is different.

Shazbut's countenance becomes one of pure awe. He cannot help but gasp, and a wide grin spreads across his face.

"Buongiorno, bellissima Serpente!" he exclaims, his voice warm and his Italian rolling off his tongue like a song.

"Good morning, beautiful Snake!"

"You look like the caterpillar who emerged the most beautiful butterfly! Those wings are incredible!" His green eyes sparkle with genuine curiosity, and he walks in a circle around Sicilia to get a good view from all the angles.
Sicilia wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:50 am Don't mind the addition, she continues, flapping a wing once as she refers to it, I'll tell you the story when I'm not quite so hungry. While her speech is directed towards Shazbut, everyone can hear the snake's mental words, and proceeds to briefly greet the other Omegas in the room.
He tilts his head with a most playful look in his eyes. "Tell me everything, mia amica," he continues, also switching to English. "When you are ready." He smiles and does not push for more details when Sicilia doesn't seem willing.

She say she in no good mood, but why? He tries to lighten her mood in parting, and mimics Sicilia.

"Now where can I get a pair of wings like those I wonders?" With a silent whoosh, two small, feathered wings sprouted from his back – not quite as majestic as Sicilia's. (One does not simply upstage a giant snake who has not yet had breakfast!) But they are undeniably cute; black with a pair of white stripes.

Shazbut pretends to be wholly ignorant of his new wings. "Hmm," he adds, and a serious look of speculation is fixed on his face.

"I see you later, I have to go and do gym stuff. The other morning I see Diomedes do this in morning, and I learn! Then breakfast! Ha!"

As he departs, he sings loudly and with great joy. Shazbut belts out a song in Italian, and the melody echoes off the walls of the common room.

"♫♪Valore! Oh oh! Cantare oh, oh!♫♪" he sang, his voice rich and full of life.
Flying! Oh oh! Singing, oh, oh!

"♫♪Nel blu dipinto di blu! Felice di stare lassù!♫♪" he sang, his voice rich and full of life.
In the blue-painted blue sky! Happy to be up there!

And with that he starts to flutter and glide as he moves. Soon reaching the gym area.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
Steiblah

Post by Steiblah »

Perception: d%: [88] = 88 | 81%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | d%: [30] = 30
Steiblah Character Sheet
  • Nightvision 120 ft, keen normal vision, see the invisible
  • Turn into mist at will
  • Track by smell 45% (+15% to track a blood scent)
  • Dimensional teleport 51%
  • Bio-regenerates 3d6 MDC (HP or SDC) per melee round
  • Resistant to cold (half damage); impervious to toxic gases, heat, and fire (plasma/MD/magic fire does half damage)
  • Self and up to 300 additional pounds up to five miles away at will, 73%+3%/level
  • Magically speaks and understands all languages at 98%
  • Can shape change into any living creature, intelligent or animal, as long as it is no smaller than one foot and no larger than 10 feet. Impersonation skill is 96% if the subject is in her presence, 82% if very familiar with the individual or working from photos/video, 40% if working from memory and with little personal knowledge of the subject. The Raksasha may use her shapechanging abilities to alter or improve the disguise at any time.
  • 94% if the Raksasha is very familiar with the individual, 80% if working from a good sound recording, 30% if working from memory or with little knowledge of the subject.
  • Silver weapons do equivalent MD. In SDC worlds: Weapons made of, or coated in, silver do double damage.
    • Increased Range by 50%: All the ranges of super powers, psionics, magic, senses (even mundane ones) receive the +50%
    • Increased S.D.C. by 50%
    • Increased ISP by 50%:
      plus recovers 9 per hour of meditation, 3 per hour of rest/sleep
    • Increased PPE by 50%: plus recovers 15 per hour of meditation, 8 per hour of rest
    • Increased Healing: rolled 2+1=3. x3 multiplier
    • Incredible ISP Recovery [Mega Psi Power]: recovers ISP at 6 per minute of meditation or rest, 1 per minute of activity.
    • Achilles Heel: Extremely Bound to Good Karma Needs to act according to good karma (GM discretion). Without the aid of good karma, the hero has all combat bonuses reduced in half, loses one attack, and skills are -35%.

• PPE: 900/900
    ISP: 1050/1050
    HP: 78/78 +5 (SoM)
    SDC: 45/45
    Natural AR: 10
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +28% (SoM)
Toxins (15+): +10 +2(SoM)
Magic (varies): +11 +2(SoM)
Lethal Poison (14+): +10 +2(SoM)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +10 +2(SoM)
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (10+): +7
HF: +12
Possession: +2 (additional)
+4 to all other saving throws

Image Steven Resch, human psi-healer.
Conditions
    • Presents as level 2.
    • No alignment alteration.
    • Psychic ability: Show ISP level to be lower, ~50-100 total ISP.
    • Conceal amount of base PPE. Only 1-2 points.
    • Conceal the presence of magic.
    • Attributes appear to be 1/2 of what they really are.
    2hrs 20.25 min.
  • Enhanced Perception. 10.00 min. +15% Perception, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses. +50% to all natural senses.
Before going to bed the night before, Steiblah will enter into a discussion with Diomedes about a means by which both of them could be fully rejuvenated with magical energy by morning.

As Trent shares, Steiblah nods along, listening astutely.
CHIMERA wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:13 am"Is there anything else I can help you with? Preferably not related to my relatives?"
"Thank you very much for sharing. I can't imagine it easy for you to walk a path that your family disproves of. You have my gratitude. Thank you." For a moment, Steiblah seems to chew on the information and Trent's reluctance to speak further about his relatives.

Holloway, Holloway and Traynor. First Holloway is Deuce Holloway, Trent's father. Second is likely another within his extended family... but what about the third... Despite being still adjacent to a topic he is hesitant to talk about, Steiblah risks it nonetheless. Perhaps Trent's lawyer-mind will accept Steiblah's adherence to the precise words restricting topics of discussion, if not the spirit of the restriction.

"Holloway, your father. Second Holloway, I presume another of your extended family. But what about Traynor? Who is that? Must be a brilliant legal mind to have risen to the pinnacles of your family's business. How recently did Traynor make named partner?" Steiblah asks, trying to be careful in how hard he pushes Trent for information. Not wanting to offend their General Counsel.
Shazbut wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:25 am"Good morning, Steiblah, beautiful cat-" Shazbut begins, his voice warm and welcoming. He trails off mid-sentence, however, as his gaze falls upon the imposing statue of the Chinese warlord standing sentinel further down the hall.
A warm smile bubbles in Steiblah's belly and barely makes it to his face when he spots Shazbut making the rounds throughout the Omega base. It is still a strange feeling for the reformed demon, so he is prone to chalking it up to perhaps some bad shellfish. "Good morning to you also, Shazbut." Steiblah replies, even if he isn't certain that the skunkiest skunk registers his reply.
Shazbut wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:22 pm
Sicilia wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:50 am Don't mind the addition, she continues, flapping a wing once as she refers to it, I'll tell you the story when I'm not quite so hungry. While her speech is directed towards Shazbut, everyone can hear the snake's mental words, and proceeds to briefly greet the other Omegas in the room.
He tilts his head with a most playful look in his eyes. "Tell me everything, mia amica," he continues, also switching to English. "When you are ready." He smiles and does not push for more details when Sicilia doesn't seem willing.
Steiblah waves in Sicilia's direction greeting her in return. "I would like to hear the story of your day too! Let's get you some food!" the reformed Raksasha pipes up in response. With a wave of his hand, he creates some bread and milk ((Create Bread and Milk. -15 PPE)) and offers it to the flying serpent. Should she refuse and instead require meat product, he will escort her to the kitchen area to fetch some.

Once back and Sicilia is satiated, Steiblah will inquire again about her prior day. Some say curiosity killed the cat. But perhaps this cat simply has a nagging suspicion that the events of the prior day might be interconnected somehow.

Likewise, Steiblah will share (since Eve and Diomedes may not be sticking around the Omega Base) the events that happened at the dojo and Everett Community College. He will encourage others that look like they have something to say to speak up. If he does not spot the connections, perhaps some of his teammates will.
Jeremy Lancaster

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 /27%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [72] = 72
Shazbut wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:25 am"Oh, that is the WORST statue I've ever seen!" he exclaims, his voice laced with sudden displeasure. "It won't match the decor in here at all! Who is the decorator? It's obviously a cheap knock-off! I will have a TALK with them!" he declares, puffing out his chest in mock indignation.
"I know right?" He says after Shabut refers to him and it registers. "And I'm pretty sure it asked my name."
Shazbut wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:22 pm"Now where can I get a pair of wings like those I wonders?" With a silent whoosh, two small, feathered wings sprouted from his back – not quite as majestic as Sicilia's. (One does not simply upstage a giant snake who has not yet had breakfast!) But they are undeniably cute; black with a pair of white stripes.
"I was there when she got 'em fighting these big ass rock lizards on two feet." He pipes up as he gets up with an empty bowl, "Punched a couple to dust at the same time." He says as he makes his way to the kitchen with the bowl and returning empty handed.

"Having fun with your wings?" He asks Sicilia. "Or still getting used to them?"
Diomedes wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:02 pmHe asks his fellow Omegas about how to get to Sailor Jerry's, eventually looking for Eddie or Amanda to either give him a ride or directions for him to get there himself and then heads out.
"Huh? Where. Pretty sure that isn't far. He finds himself quickly thinking of the areas in Century he's been, even if he knows he's been through most of it at one point or another. "If anything, I got a map of the city in my truck from when I delivered pizza."

If asked, he goes out to his truck, gets the map out of the old vehicle and lays it out flat on the hood of the truck and lays out a couple ways to get there with a rough drive time for each, and the offer of driving if he needs it.
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))
Jeremy Lancaster wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:23 pm
Shazbut wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:25 am"Oh, that is the WORST statue I've ever seen!" he exclaims, his voice laced with sudden displeasure. "It won't match the decor in here at all! Who is the decorator? It's obviously a cheap knock-off! I will have a TALK with them!" he declares, puffing out his chest in mock indignation.
"I know right?" He says after Shabut refers to him and it registers. "And I'm pretty sure it asked my name."
Shazbut's eyes widen as Jeremy's words sink in.

"The statue talks?" he asks in a surprised voice. His green eyes dart sideways, flicking between Jeremy and the imposing statue of the chinese warlord Sentinel.

A smirk spreads across the skunk's face. He leans in secretively towards Jeremy, and whispers in a loud voice (though his power to warp sound ensures Sentinel does not hear) "But where do the batteries go?"

With a discreet finger, he gestures towards Sentinel's imposing stone posterior. A fit of giggles follow, which grows to laughter that echoes through the base.

Shaking his head vigorously, he adds, "Forget I asked! I no want to know!" Shazbut winks at Jeremy, satisfied the implications are quite clear.
Steiblah wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:02 am Likewise, Steiblah will share (since Eve and Diomedes may not be sticking around the Omega Base) the events that happened at the dojo and Everett Community College. He will encourage others that look like they have something to say to speak up. If he does not spot the connections, perhaps some of his teammates will.
"Whoa, hold on a little second," Shazbut interjects. "Did you say there was a huge kung-fu battle in a dojo and I missed it? I MISSED THAT?!" More questions follow, that might remind folk of a song. "So was everybody Kung Fu Fighting? Were the kicks as fast as lightning? Was a little bit frightening? Did they fight with expert timing?"

Unless someone shuts him down, the skunk gets very excited hearing about the battle and will throw in questions like, "What powers did they use? Did the badguys have powers? Did anyone get punched so hard they exploded? I've seen that in comic books!"

Eventually Steiblah should be able to finish his story, and the skunk looks thoughtful while digesting this huge news, and the aftermath of what was behind the whole caper. "Sorry I know nothings about the sneaky fraud business this Oswald guy is up to. But I have experience in the sneakings and peekings in places no one wants skunks visiting. If you wants to snoop around this ninja dojo place, I am your skunk!" He thinks of Trent, and realises something...

I don't even know what the rules are for that sort of thing.

"Though we probably should ask Trent about it, I no know what Omega rules are with that sort of thing."

He thinks more on the epic fight he missed, and wonders. "Who do you think would win a kung fu battle between those two?" he asked, throwing the question out to the room. "Diomedes versus Eve? Ooh that's a tough one, but Steiblah you see them both. What do you think?"

If Steiblah is tired of questions, this is his unlucky day. The skunk has more! "You think Eve could take a skunk in a class? I should practice my skunk-fu some more! Someday I will run into a bunch of badguys who don't believe in rap battles... and then what?!"

If anyone is interested, Shazbut will tell of the battle with the demons, Maia's mighty smashings, the lava and his own skunky rap battle. In fact, he even conjures up a little illusion over the vidscreen to give everyone a look of the highlights of what went down. The skunk even repeats the rap verses he sang, as well as the demonic replies rapped right back at him.

"What kinds of demons were those Steiblah?" the skunk asks, and projects an illusion of the
replete with armor and armblades. The
as well as the
with wings, MUSCLES, and the bad bad bad hair cut that led the demon hit-squad.

Suddenly, a practical thought strikes him. He scans the room, searching for any Omega agents who might be present. "Hey," he calls out, "by any chance, is there a way to see the footage from the body cameras? You know, from the fight at the college? I'd love to see Eve's fighting style in action, and maybe pick up a tip or two."

Contingency: If no agents were present, Shazbut saunters over to a nearby console. His fingers tap out a quick
Subject: Top Secret (but mostly Fun!) Request - Body Cam Footage: Dojo Showdown?

Hey Agent Trent,

Steiblah was filling us in on the epic battle at Everett Community College, and let me tell you, it sounds GROOVY! Especially Eve with the super cool angel powers.

As you know, I can mimic the powers of peoples like Eve and Maia and Barricade. Thought it might be super helpful (and also, tons of fun!) to see the body cam footage from that fight. You know, to see their techniques, see their moves in combat. To see how someone experienced with their powers use them.

When I copy something I never try before, it sometimes take time to figure out how best to use it. Time sometimes you not have in a crisis. Watching this sort of thing, with maybe some popcorn, will make me a more well-rounded fighter and all that jazz!

Would it be possible to swing me a copy of that footage, Agent Trent?

Thanks a bunch!

Shazbut
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
Sicilia
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [96] = 96 / 63% +5% to perceive tactile characteristics
JiC d100: 1d100: [44] = 44 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [11] = 11
Shazbut wrote:"Buongiorno, bellissima Serpente!" he exclaims, his voice warm and his Italian rolling off his tongue like a song.

"You look like the caterpillar who emerged the most beautiful butterfly! Those wings are incredible!" His green eyes sparkle with genuine curiosity, and he walks in a circle around Sicilia to get a good view from all the angles.
While it is quite impossible for the serpent to blush, it's not hard to tell she's a touch flustered from the compliments. She definitely isn't used to them. Oh, thanks! she replies in the skunk's mind, even as she watches Steiblah approach, making sure her words are "audible" to him as well, I haven't inspected them yet, not really. Been tired. And hungry.
Shazbut wrote:"Now where can I get a pair of wings like those I wonders?" With a silent whoosh, two small, feathered wings sprouted from his back – not quite as majestic as Sicilia's.
Jeremy wrote:"I was there when she got 'em fighting these big ass rock lizards on two feet." He pipes up as he gets up with an empty bowl, "Punched a couple to dust at the same time." He says as he makes his way to the kitchen with the bowl and returning empty handed.

"Having fun with your wings?" He asks Sicilia. "Or still getting used to them?"
The snake gives another mental giggle at Shaz's antics, before swinging an eye to stare in Jeremy's direction. Pretty accurate, if a bit truncated a tale. I'll spin it better when I'm not thinking about eating anything that moves. Her gaze flicks to her wings, one of them splaying out - awkwardly bumping into a wall before she hastily retracts it. Still, uh, figuring it out. I was hoping Eve would be here so I could ask her about maintenance and, uh, flying practice, but I don't think she's around. She's pretty noticeable.
Steiblah wrote:Steiblah waves in Sicilia's direction greeting her in return. "I would like to hear the story of your day too! Let's get you some food!" the reformed Raksasha pipes up in response. With a wave of his hand, he creates some bread and milk ((Create Bread and Milk. -15 PPE)) and offers it to the flying serpent. Should she refuse and instead require meat product, he will escort her to the kitchen area to fetch some.
Sicilia nods in the demon's direction, quietly memorizing his scent so she can differentiate between it and other demons'. Tilting her head down, she replies apologetically, Sorry, but I can't consume grain or dairy. Not very much of it, anyways. I can do seasonings and spices, and often cook with them, but definitely not those as a meal on their own.

She moves with her teammate to the fridge, opening it with her telekinesis promptly, tail flicking once as the serpent surveys her options. Her wings flick reflexively against her sides as she pulls out a side of lamb, inspecting it carefully before setting it to the side, her psionic ability floating out a variety of seasonings to prep it with before she pauses, examining her hunger, and setting them aside. I'd love to cook this, but I want to eat now, and it'll take too long. I'll just have it raw.

She then moves to a corner of the room, consuming the side of lamb whole. It should be unsurprising that her jaw can still unhinge, even at her mutated stature. Fortunately the side of lamb isn't visible for too long once she swallows it completely. It is odd for her to be able to talk mentally while eating, although her words are noticeable distracted from any small talk.

After a few minutes have passed and her mind relaxes a bit on the whole "consume prey" angle of things, Sicilia begins to relay to Steiblah (and Shaz, if he hasn't scampered off to do gym class yet), the story of the previous day, making sure to stay neutral on most of her comments on the various comments and actions of Jeremy's that she found rather unhelpful, but retains a positive tone overall of the events prior.

Sicilia's Story Time
So, she begins, opting not to take a seat, instead curling up on her coils after a few moments of sorting out her feathers, Trent asked Jeremy and I to head out and do some investigation on- oh, hold on. A few minutes later, she's resettled with her tablet, flicking back through the notes with her tongue. Right, sorry. Helps me keep things straight. Anyways, Trent wanted us to look into that mansion that Jeremy rode to hell and back. Quite literally, I might add, if I understand his... minimal story correctly.

He was originally sent there because of a pizza order, of all things. She flicks her gaze up from her notes. I've only been in Century Station a little over a year now, but that struck me as odd. I don't think the fancy folk here would be dining on fast food pizza. Anyways, her reptilian eyes return to her screen. That might have been intentional. Maybe needed one more sacrifice for the ritual. In any case, they managed to get back the people who were sent off to Hades. Trent wanted to know what actually happened. You know, what caused it.

So, we went. First, we did a little digging at Jeremy's old job. He and his boss talked about how only a day passed here but about a week passed for Jeremy, along with the order. We got a name, Scott Erqvist Brown. Guy had a mansion built and was into cryptocurrency about five years back. It didn't go well, but I guess he had enough other finances to not really care about that.

The snake readjusts, pausing the story for just a moment to shift some of her notes around into a more readable format instead of the stream-of-consciousness she usually wrote down. Let's see... we went to the manor, and it was gone. I could barely even get a whiff of the demonic stuff that had been there. Even Jeremy's scent was pretty faint. Just a big hole in the ground. So, we went and talked to the realtor who was in charge of the lot, and the lawyer who was in charge of Scott's affairs.

Sicilia's gaze snaps directly to Steiblah after that. Falcon Law and Hauser's Housing, though I bet the latter's thoroughly closed at this point, I'll get to that. The lawyer place, though? It reeked of demons. Actual demons. Not quite your scent, but similar enough for me to recognize. I can't claim my tongue as evidence, else I would've scoured that place myself. She gives a mental sigh and grumble, before moving on, The person working the desk at Falcon, didn't get his name in my notes, wasn't very helpful, but Gilly offered to show off the property; I pretended Jeremy and I were potential buyers. We went back to the site, and started pressing Gilly when she showed off the pit. She tilts her head, re-reading a portion of her notes.

Oh, yes, I had forgotten to move that around. That hole I mentioned earlier? It looked like someone started digging out a basement or a pool or something but stopped after getting the shape down. Dirt walls and a single ladder. When Gilly realized we weren't there to buy and instead to pry, she said something. It was... She squints her eyes in a surprisingly human gesture as she tries to read the name, 'In the name of your Lord Iag'hul Coldstone, attack!' Pretty obviously culty. She stabbed me with a dagger that slipped right through my obsidian scales and hurt deep. Probably struck my soul or mind or something, if I had to take a guess.

She flicks to the next page of her notes, shaking her head slightly. My notes on what happened are a little fuzzy after that. I felt really hot and itchy, and within a few moments I had my wings. It wasn't at all like when I got my stone powers. I had to molt for that. This was sudden, almost painful. Her eyes turn to her wings, staring at them for a few moments as she idly flexes one this way and that, soft feathers contrasting with her scaling. I think I went down into the hole once Gilly was down, and the minions she had summoned were toast. She was just a normal human, I knocked her out cold pretty immediately, and the demons she had with her weren't much tougher. Jeremy was down there, he was getting the worst of it.

It takes her a moment to parse the next section of her less-than-adequate notes, even typing in and re-writing portions of them as she speaks, Fought some gargoyles, I think? They were more dirt than stone, though, and there was a big one. That might have been Iag'hul, but I'm not certain on that. We crushed them all, and the big one mentioned that it didn't want to be contained in it's Rock again. Her brow furrows, and she hisses thoughtfully, scrolling back on her notes for a while to find the ones she had taken back in Montana. I think you mentioned something about a Rock at some point, right? Don't know if I have that in my notes or not.

She shakes her head, flipping back to the previous day's adventure. Regardless, we found Gilly had woken up at some point and driven back to Hauser's Housing. I went in to grab her, while Jeremy tried to find evidence of Falcon Law being involved. He didn't find anything, but I found Gilly. She was ripping up a book; the pages were burning to ash the moment she pulled them out of the binding. She went down clean again. Hopefully she doesn't have brain damage; she'd be a good source of information.

She pauses, flicking her eyes about as she tries to recall anything else. I... didn't really know what to do with the wings. Still don't. The things seem to be getting in the way more than anything. I'm used to being relatively thin and lithe and unless I'm focusing on it they just... jut out. All the time. And they popped up in the middle of a fight, so I didn't have any time to even think about it, and the demons kept referring to me... oddly after that. In hindsight, it sends a shiver down my spine. And I've got a long spine for a shiver to go down.

The serpent is silent for a good few moments, before turning her attention back to the Raksasha. So, that was my yesterday. How was yours?
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 44/44
H.P.: 25/45
S.D.C.: 99/99
Stone Form S.D.C.: 600/600
Omega Suit S.D.C.: 126/250

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:
  • Main Body: 126 / 250
  • *Body Camera: 15 / 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

APS: Stone Transformation Bonuses/Changes

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
566 / 600 (replaces natural S.D.C. while transformed)
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Gas, ingested drugs, magic, and psionics have full effect
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll
-Endure underwater pressure up to depths of 800 ft
-Function in vacuum until air supply is gone

-Weight is tripled
-P.S. increased by 16, considered Superhuman
-Can carry 200 times P.S. in pounds, can life 300 times P.S. in pounds
-Fatigues at half rate

-S.D.C. of stone (600) recovers at three times normal rate
-Radiates no heat in stone form, invisible to infrared and heat sensors
-Speed reduced by half in stone form
-Hold breath twice as long in stone form
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))
Sicilia wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:36 pm
Sicilia's Story Time
So, she begins, opting not to take a seat, instead curling up on her coils after a few moments of sorting out her feathers, Trent asked Jeremy and I to head out and do some investigation on- oh, hold on. A few minutes later, she's resettled with her tablet, flicking back through the notes with her tongue. Right, sorry. Helps me keep things straight. Anyways, Trent wanted us to look into that mansion that Jeremy rode to hell and back. Quite literally, I might add, if I understand his... minimal story correctly.

He was originally sent there because of a pizza order, of all things. She flicks her gaze up from her notes. I've only been in Century Station a little over a year now, but that struck me as odd. I don't think the fancy folk here would be dining on fast food pizza. Anyways, her reptilian eyes return to her screen. That might have been intentional. Maybe needed one more sacrifice for the ritual. In any case, they managed to get back the people who were sent off to Hades. Trent wanted to know what actually happened. You know, what caused it.

So, we went. First, we did a little digging at Jeremy's old job. He and his boss talked about how only a day passed here but about a week passed for Jeremy, along with the order. We got a name, Scott Erqvist Brown. Guy had a mansion built and was into cryptocurrency about five years back. It didn't go well, but I guess he had enough other finances to not really care about that.

The snake readjusts, pausing the story for just a moment to shift some of her notes around into a more readable format instead of the stream-of-consciousness she usually wrote down. Let's see... we went to the manor, and it was gone. I could barely even get a whiff of the demonic stuff that had been there. Even Jeremy's scent was pretty faint. Just a big hole in the ground. So, we went and talked to the realtor who was in charge of the lot, and the lawyer who was in charge of Scott's affairs.

Sicilia's gaze snaps directly to Steiblah after that. Falcon Law and Hauser's Housing, though I bet the latter's thoroughly closed at this point, I'll get to that. The lawyer place, though? It reeked of demons. Actual demons. Not quite your scent, but similar enough for me to recognize. I can't claim my tongue as evidence, else I would've scoured that place myself. She gives a mental sigh and grumble, before moving on, The person working the desk at Falcon, didn't get his name in my notes, wasn't very helpful, but Gilly offered to show off the property; I pretended Jeremy and I were potential buyers. We went back to the site, and started pressing Gilly when she showed off the pit. She tilts her head, re-reading a portion of her notes.

Oh, yes, I had forgotten to move that around. That hole I mentioned earlier? It looked like someone started digging out a basement or a pool or something but stopped after getting the shape down. Dirt walls and a single ladder. When Gilly realized we weren't there to buy and instead to pry, she said something. It was... She squints her eyes in a surprisingly human gesture as she tries to read the name, 'In the name of your Lord Iag'hul Coldstone, attack!' Pretty obviously culty. She stabbed me with a dagger that slipped right through my obsidian scales and hurt deep. Probably struck my soul or mind or something, if I had to take a guess.

She flicks to the next page of her notes, shaking her head slightly. My notes on what happened are a little fuzzy after that. I felt really hot and itchy, and within a few moments I had my wings. It wasn't at all like when I got my stone powers. I had to molt for that. This was sudden, almost painful. Her eyes turn to her wings, staring at them for a few moments as she idly flexes one this way and that, soft feathers contrasting with her scaling. I think I went down into the hole once Gilly was down, and the minions she had summoned were toast. She was just a normal human, I knocked her out cold pretty immediately, and the demons she had with her weren't much tougher. Jeremy was down there, he was getting the worst of it.

It takes her a moment to parse the next section of her less-than-adequate notes, even typing in and re-writing portions of them as she speaks, Fought some gargoyles, I think? They were more dirt than stone, though, and there was a big one. That might have been Iag'hul, but I'm not certain on that. We crushed them all, and the big one mentioned that it didn't want to be contained in it's Rock again. Her brow furrows, and she hisses thoughtfully, scrolling back on her notes for a while to find the ones she had taken back in Montana. I think you mentioned something about a Rock at some point, right? Don't know if I have that in my notes or not.

She shakes her head, flipping back to the previous day's adventure. Regardless, we found Gilly had woken up at some point and driven back to Hauser's Housing. I went in to grab her, while Jeremy tried to find evidence of Falcon Law being involved. He didn't find anything, but I found Gilly. She was ripping up a book; the pages were burning to ash the moment she pulled them out of the binding. She went down clean again. Hopefully she doesn't have brain damage; she'd be a good source of information.

She pauses, flicking her eyes about as she tries to recall anything else. I... didn't really know what to do with the wings. Still don't. The things seem to be getting in the way more than anything. I'm used to being relatively thin and lithe and unless I'm focusing on it they just... jut out. All the time. And they popped up in the middle of a fight, so I didn't have any time to even think about it, and the demons kept referring to me... oddly after that. In hindsight, it sends a shiver down my spine. And I've got a long spine for a shiver to go down.

The serpent is silent for a good few moments, before turning her attention back to the Raksasha. So, that was my yesterday. How was yours?
Shazbut's a sucker for a good story, and this is one he doesn't interrupt. The whole demon business is over his head, but he listens attentively while Steiblah shares whatever wisdom he's going to share.

Next demons I meet might not want to rap, I should listen and learn what I can before that day comes.

When there's a suitable pause, the skunk asks, "You say the demon dudes refer to you 'oddly'. What do you mean? What did they call you?"

He thinks more on it, though demon lore is something he knows very little about. "Some funny business is going on here. I think your wings are no accident. I think about this some more and maybe we can talk about it later. Now I need the exercise, before all this fuzz turn to flab! Ha!"

With that the skunk departs in a rather thoughtful mood. Sicilia's demony news, as well as the recent demon rap battle of his own, plays on his mind. A frown creases his brow.

He eyeballs the gym equipment, but makes no move towards them. He wrestles instead with his thoughts.

"What if they didn't rap battle? What if Doctor Lang had no powers? Could I win a real fight?" he mumbles to himself, a touch of unease settling in. "Maia can squish the things easy peasy. But what if Maia no there? Would a lone skunk get ... skunked?"

He paces the gym thinking furiously. He envisions facing the demons again, but without Maia by his side. The thought of his powerful teammate absent sends a shiver down his spine.

But then, as quickly as the worry arose, it was replaced by a spark of curiosity. He stops mid-step, his green eyes gleaming with an epiphany. "Skunked," he muses, rolling the word on his tongue. "Why is being skunked a negative thing? When a human calls a person a skunk, it's an insult! Same with snakes! You call a man a snake and it's bad." He folds his arms defiantly and huffs. "But Sicilia is a nice snake! And I'm not a bad skunk either!"

OK, no frowny faces. What you need is the action! Turn that mush into muscles!

He pulls out his trusty golden knife and watches the light glint off its polished surface. With a practiced flick of his wrist, he twirls the weapon, a blur of motion in his hand. He switches hands, repeating the exercise with the same effortless dexterity.

Taking it a step further, Shazbut casts an illusion. A duplicate knife shimmers into existence in his off-hand. ooOOOooo double trouble!

With a mischievous grin he twirls both knives menacingly in front of a mirror. One real, the other mere illusion. But who knows which is real and which is unreal?

"Not bad," he thinks, a hint of satisfaction in his voice.

Never one to stop at the simple, Shazbut makes the illusion even more elaborate. With a flourish, two illusory arms sprout from his back; each wielding a spectral knife.

He admires himself in the mirror, a skunk with a whirlwind of arms and gleaming blades. He lets out an evil laugh. "Now that would be confusing to fight!"

Another thoughtful look replaces the amusement. So my fighting style is based on the deception? A deeper question gnaws at him.

Who was I before I arrived on Earth? He wonders at it, thinking about what the Xenomancer said.
Xenomancer wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:45 pm He complies: "There was once a deep space biological lab hidden on the fringes of what you call the Small Magellanic Cloud. Then a terrorist attack released all its specimens. I bribed one of the former guards for details about some of the creatures that escaped."
Xenomancer wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:45 pm "That is quite an interesting lead," Alpha says. "I'll continue questioning him along this line while he is in custody. I will share everything I know with you. Every. Thing." And on that note, Alpha Prime and the CSWAT officers take the Xenomancer into custody.
He thinks about it, and soon realises there's not much he can do really. Alpha says she'll share all the goodies with me later, and she looks like the professional snooper type. Still, I should probably learn something about the basics so I no embarrass myself when we talk.

He departs the gym, and hits one of the internet consoles in the common room. He pursues a few lines of research, well, as much as a simple amnesiac space skunk can manage on his lonesome.

Research 77%: 1d100: [8] = 8 "Small Magellanic Cloud"
Research 77%: 1d100: [58] = 58 "Small Magellanic Cloud Aliens"
Research 77%: 1d100: [16] = 16 "Alpha Prime"
Research 77%: 1d100: [7] = 7 "Winged Snake Demon Legend Stuff"
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

(Rolls Carried)

"Excellent!" Diomedes exclaims as Jeremy indicates that Sailor Jerry's isn't far from Omega Headquarters, "Lead on friend Jeremy, let us go to your truck and peruse this map." As they walk, Diomedes comments, "You have been a humble worker of this city? Then it would seem this heroic life, working for the Omegas I mean, has been thrust upon you and not something you choose for yourself. Many people think it would be easy to stand up against evil if only they had the power to do so, but this is not true. It is a true test of character to put your life on the line for others, I commend you."

At the truck, Diomedes looks down at the map spread on the hood, and puts his weight on the hood as he leans and arm upon it causing it to dip alarmingly. He puts a hand out to steady it from bouncing, "Ah! Sorry about that." He puts his hands behind his back to keep them out of the way. "Yes, I see, there is the park, and here we are, and you say that is where the restaurant is located? Good, good." He steps back and looks around at the various Omega emblemed vehicles a look of concern on his face. Agent Apizza, addressed me as Agent Frog, not as Diomedes.

He smiles and nods in agreement when Jeremy asks if he'd like a ride, "Yes, I had planned to ask Eddie, but showing up as an Omega might be inviting trouble, which is why I dressed like this." He spreads his hands, wrists exposed to show his marks of heritage, to gesture at his pastel blue t-shirt (it might have been a darker blue before it had been stretched across his wide chest), cargo shorts, and sneakers. "I would be a grateful for a ride, friend Jeremy, I believe Agent Apizza was asking for a bit of discretion. Showing up in an Omega vehicle or Omega suit may be calling more attention than is required."
Diomedes, EP Record

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”