[GA] Consequences

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 /52%
Just in Case: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 249/249
Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
Weapons & Armor
Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
Integrated Force Field: 75/75
Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
Phase Sword
Ripper Bayonet
A Variety of explosives.


Ghast pays for the antique watch and makes his way back to the ship. Once there, Ghast finds himself sitting in the common area staring at the time piece, meditating on the situation. Whether this works or not, we need to try. It's likely gonna bite us in the ass. We'll be fine, we just need to fight time itself. Well that isn't very comforting. Ghast thinks as he continues to try and find some semblance of inner peace.
“We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
Ghast
User avatar
Elvin
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Elvin »

((rolls carried))
Metri wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 pm ”Mystery guest… Sense your shadowy presence in the air vents I do. A decision you must now make. Yesss. Reveal yourself and explain. Or outside the DSM, see yourself, hmm?”
A mental chuckle vibrates in Elvin's mind. It is Klepp, of course. Well, well, well. Klep snickers. Looks like someone finally got caught with their metaphorical hand in the cookie jar.

Elvin, who was trying to relax in the air duct, bristles momentarily at Metri's announcement. Being discovered so quickly was an irritation to be sure, but it presented other options for the slippery faerie. Elvin, the King of Thieves and Sultan of Slyness, wasn't about to be unglued by a little setback.

Alright then. Think, think, think. Denial is out, vanishing act is out… what about…

A slow grin spreads across his face, one of a predator scenting an opportunity. He activates
Range: Self.
Duration: 5 minutes / level.
I.S.P.: 10
* From Rifter 25
Similar to, but more extensive than Mind Block, this power helps protect the psychic from psionic attacks. Resist Psionics disrupts all psionic energy in and around the psychic. This psionic disruption also means that the character cannot activate any of his own powers, and any that were active are immediately cancelled. While this power is active, the character's aura cannot be read, all Empathy and Telepathy is prevented, all damage from psionic attacks is halved, all effects of psionics are halved, the duration of psionics affecting the character is halved, and the character is +3 to save vs all psionic attacks. While the psychic is using this power, anyone trying to track him with any type of psionic power will be at -30% and will only be able to sense him from half the normal distance. This protection will block and reduce all helpful psionics, as well. If the character was already under the influence of a psionic power when he activates Resist Psionics he gets to roll to save against that psionic power again. If he saves the second time, then the duration and effects are both reduced by half.
and begins his machinations.

"Ahem," he calls out through the duct, his voice adopting a posh, butler-like tone, "I am perfectly content to remain here, it is, shall we say, highly irregular, sir, for a one of my kind to reveal himself to a ship's owners. Aren't you sure I can't stay relegated to the ventilation system? It is the traditional approach you know."

If Metri or others object he adds, "Traditionally, you see," he adds, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "a Space Brownie prefers to, ahem, conduct our… housekeeping… while our esteemed hosts are slumbering."

If there are continued objections, he affects a sigh. "You've nothing to fear, I'll be a silent shadow, flitting about my duties and promise to be done each day before you awaken. No mess, no fuss, just things running along a tad smoother. Just pretend you never noticed me, it happens more easily than you might think."

A mischievous glint flickers in his eyes as he listens to any responses. He is, of course, channeling brownie legends, those mischievous faerie kin of his who supposedly helped with chores around a home. Although, Elvin is indeed a faerie, the sorts of 'cleaning' he affected whilst folk slept were somewhat more larcenous in nature. Still, it's not a lie really. However this fellow sensed me, he can probably sense lies also, so all one needs to do it be creative with the truth.

No doubt the crew will insist on Elvin revealing himself, so he affects a reluctantly toned "Very well." and promptly opens a doorway though whatever the metal walls and bulkheads lie between him, Metri, and possibly some slightly bewildered Galactic Adventurers.

Elvin passes through a doorway in the wall with a flourish, complete with a dramatic bow that would make any court jester proud. Gone were the shadows; he is in solid form and not revealing that particular ace up his sleeve. He is small, smaller than even Metri, standing at a mere 12 inches in height. His iridescent, butterfly-like wings shimmer with every movement. Complementing this is his exquisitely tailored jacket, a riot of colors that seem to defy physics, giving the faerie a rather outlandish look.

"Greetings, good sirs!" Elvin chirps, his voice laced with an exaggerated politeness. "I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie." He gestures at himself with a flourish of his wing, then spins about slowly. His multicolored jacket catches the light like a disco ball in a nebula.

"Ah, but where are my manners?" he stops, his voice adopting a theatrical air. "You, dear sir, seem blissfully unaware of the ways of Space Brownies! Allow me to elucidate."

He clears his throat theatrically and holds up a tiny finger for each point solemnly described.

"First and foremost," he declares, "a Space Brownie respects their adopted home! No sleeping in the hallways or getting in the way. Air vents are perfectly fine for someone of my size."

"Second," he continues, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "discretion is key! Any talk about Mort Fingerling or just how wanted you are in the galaxy is something I don't plan on passing along."

"Third," he proclaims, puffing out his little chest, "a Space Brownie is a master of remaining unseen! Now you see them, now you don't. It won't do to be in the way of a generous host."

"Fourth," he chirps, fluttering his wings excitedly, "we are champions of efficiency! Dishes mysteriously are clean by morning, laundry folded with a certain… flair… those pants will have proper creases!" Elvin eyeballs anyone with poorly ironed pants at this moment.

"Fifth," he declares in a fierce little voice, "a Space Brownie defends their home fiercely!" A dagger appears from up his sleeve and is in his hand in an instant. A moment later it vanishes again.

He winks. "Sixth," he continues, his voice dropping back to a whisper, "silence is golden! No singing, almost no pranks, just a peaceful presence lurking in the shadows until you find your bed."

"Seventh," he announces with twinkling eyes, "gratitude is a virtue! Some brownies enjoy a plate of cookies left on a counter, or a cup of tea. At least that's how it was a few thousand years ago. Nowadays some accept Universal Cred-Sticks. I must admit the last few centuries have been a whirlwind of change. Almost no one remembers the old days now." He involuntarily sighs wistfully, and finds himself trying not to think of his actual home from ages past. It doesn't do to dwell in the past, what's gone is gone.

"Eight," he chirps, mastering himself quickly and adopting a serious tone, "we are immortal creatures and have picked up a number of things over the years. A little lawyer work here, a touch of research there – we keep things from becoming too predictable, too… dull. When you have eternity a little side hustle work pays dividends on the spirit. I've even worked as an information broker in places like this one."

"Ninth," he declares, his tiny hand making a chopping motion, "a Space Brownie gets vacations. I'll let you know when they are due."

"And finally, the tenth and most important rule," he states, "a Space Brownie always has the crew's best interests at heart! In exchange for a home we make your space-faring lives a little bit easier."

Elvin finishes his grand pronouncements with a flourish, and his wings shimmer like a miniature rainbow. He pictures the snippets of conversation he'd overheard while on board – the crew's hunt for information about Mort Fingerling, the excessive precautions taken by Talon on an isolated network in the ship's storage wing, their need to avoid detection in visiting shady ports with as the one they were in this very minute.

Seems to me these folk need me. There's a lot I can do here I think. I've just given them a mountain of reasons to stay on board to assist with finding this Fingerling fellow. Elvin looks distastefully around the room, eyeballing the grime and general untidiness to be seen everywhere. "Much to do here tonight it seems."

He takes a step to the wall, "If there's nothing else, I'll be in the ventilation ducts until the 'traditional time' for appearances. Please don't tell the others I broke tradition like this, I'll never hear the end of it."


Just before vanishing into a wall, he turns to Metri suddenly, "Actually, how DID you notice me?" He raises a miniature little eyebrow. Now that is an interesting question.
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 | 27%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [54] = 54

Post
Draggor makes way back to the ship, pleased that nobody attempted enemy action against them, yet mildly frustrated to not have anything more to contribute. We are not Juan, we don't have The Wanderer's gift. Need more practice. Ask about his sauce! Comfort emerges that the creature, Juan, and others of the crew can at least fill in back story for Talon, and once done, they retreat back to their quarters to engage in meditation practice. After all, it eventually got the alien reading again, what else can it unlock?

Each time Draggor practices, the sting, no, sear, of increasingly vivid visions of past lives gives way to actually experiencing them: not just an interruption or distraction, but as close to recall as the creature has gotten, on this life anyway. The eons of their home are never far, and the extremes of violence and effective nothingness sandwich vibrant glimpses of memories of time spent in the Three Galaxies. Across many lives, recurring images of the alien's hand reaching out in front of a wall appear, only for it to fade to red and jump somewhere else. Then one time, the image holds, and something is about to happen...
Elvin wrote: "Greetings, good sirs!" Elvin chirps, his voice laced with an exaggerated politeness. "I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie." He gestures at himself with a flourish of his wing, then spins about slowly. His multicolored jacket catches the light like a disco ball in a nebula.
Draggor sighs, "We're forgetting something important..." they say to themselves in light of the latest interruption. Emerging from their quarters, wearing just enough to be modest, the creature gathers among Metri and the other crew, opposite of someone very new, and very small, on the ship. One of these days an enemy will do this. Datephus seems to have more sense than that. Misfit central, this ship. This introduction, or rather, performance, amuses the alien. Why couldn't you be this colorful when you walked on this ship the first time? More guns were around. Fair.
Elvin wrote: "Second," he continues, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "discretion is key! Any talk about Mort Fingerling or just how wanted you are in the galaxy is something I don't plan on passing along."
Eyes flash brightly but for a moment. Draggor's attention hyperfocuses on this new being. What should be requests feel like a broadcast of rules, tiptoeing on blackmail.
Elvin wrote: "Eight," he chirps, mastering himself quickly and adopting a serious tone, "we are immortal creatures and have picked up a number of things over the years. A little lawyer work here, a touch of research there – we keep things from becoming too predictable, too… dull. When you have eternity a little side hustle work pays dividends on the spirit. I've even worked as an information broker in places like this one."
I have to ask! Go ahead, they already know we're wanted. When there is an appropriate break, Draggor takes a step forward. "We, I am Draggor. Also old. Met one of us before?" Might want to clarify... "Not a deevil." Someday you'll have a smooth introduction again. If an exchange is happening, and they are associating with us, then they are about to be as wanted as us. They will help.
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Elvin
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Elvin »

Elvin wrote: "Eight," he chirps, mastering himself quickly and adopting a serious tone, "we are immortal creatures and have picked up a number of things over the years. A little lawyer work here, a touch of research there – we keep things from becoming too predictable, too… dull. When you have eternity a little side hustle work pays dividends on the spirit. I've even worked as an information broker in places like this one."
Draggor wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:25 pm "We, I am Draggor. Also old. Met one of us before? Not a deevil."
Elvin, gives Draggor a second look, his eyes roaming across the colossal alien's imposing frame. Out of habit he also looks for any interesting pockets that might warrant later examination.

"Draggor, eh?" he asks, his voice is laced with a carefully measured dose of respect. "A most… distinguished name." He pauses, showing a moment of deep concentration while casting a mental search long memory.

"Met one of your kind before, have I?" he muses, tapping his chin with a delicate finger. "Hmm, you have some kind of memory loss?"

A giant, immortal killing machine… not the sort I've ever spent quality time with. Possibilities flicker through his mind, of past adventures and forgotten encounters. His shadow homeworld.. Is there a connection?

Performance 54%: 1d100: [11] = 11 --> all this probably requires a performance roll, heh
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 49%: 1d100: [96] = 96 --> anything like Draggor ever met before?

"I don't think so," Elvin answers, he decides to lace his voice with a hint of uncertainty.
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [77] = 0
JiC 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [97] = 97

Armor
Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
White tank top
Cargo shorts

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

Walking away from Talon's clue room, Juan decides to do some of his own 'independent research'. He is the type of deity to 'just ask questions' and find the hottest takes of answers on the ultranet. If we really want to learn more about a death cult, there is no better source than Rate-A-Deity. He starts scrolling through his HPC and eventually finds a number of ratings for the Kronish Religious Tradition.

Sn3akHe@d wrote:Architect of the Darkness
Kronish Religious Tradition
6 out of 10
I look forward to the day when the Great Plan is complete and we can give our souls to serve fuel The Great Machine, but why do we have spend so much money on designer shoes?
Joe wrote:Grist Maker
Kronish Religious Tradition
6 out of 10
I don't want to sound petty, because when I joined this death cult I was promised nothing more than blood and pain, and there has been plenty of both, but all of our soylent rations taste like asshole :(

Excited to have some more information to share with the team, Juan hops out of bed and runs to Talon's lab to put the Rate-A-Deity information on the board.

As he walks down the Dime Store Magic's corridors he hears Metri talking with someone. It sounds like we are all getting worked up over this new intel. But do you recognize that other voice? No... but these urqos all sound alike. Seeing the armed flying imp. Confronted by a possible bounty hunter, Juan pulls his magical stick out of his pants, ready to club someone to death with it.
??? wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:10 pmGreetings, good sirs! I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie... Actually, how DID you notice me?"[/b]
Juan glances over to Metri to get an explanation for what has happened. Space brownie? So not an urqos? No. Have you ever encountered one before on your travels? I think I have.* I guess I should make friends, then.

"I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon," Juan announces. "You seem like a fellow traveler. I am willing to personally vouch for you if you make yourself visible again and tell us where you come from."

*Per Rate-A-Deity:
Tink_the_Twink wrote:Juan Echo
Yayamama Pantheon
8 out of 10
I can assure you I've travelled every inch of the Wanderer and it is a trip.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Talon
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Talon »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 /42%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [93] = 93

Active Effects:
None.

Talon notes the information provided by the others and is his own head as Metri calls out their new guest. Great a new complication...how did it get on the ship? I though this was supposed to be like some super magical super ship...so much for that I guess...Really magic only seems to be convenient for the adversary. It always seems to work against us. Magic is not the answer to this. it never was. It's only seemed to make them arrogant and careless. Oh good it can talk.

Talon listens to the small being try to swindle it's way into the good graces of the crew. Talon visibly stiffens up and his eye narrow at Elvin as he mentions Mort. Talon looks irritated by the uninvited guest. "Great. So much for the magic ship being able to spot an intruder." Talon rolls his eyes as he looks at Elvin and scoffs. "Sounds like someone want a ride." Talon's eyes light up as if he's had an idea, "You know what. Maybe instead of this talk you can help out. You already seem to have gotten into some information I was trying to keep protected. Come with me and help me get the rest of it. Help us out, and we'll help you out. Sound like a fair deal? I'm Talon." Talon stick out his hand reflexively then looks slightly awkward at the size difference. It's obvious Talon is desperate to solve this issue of information and seems to be turning to a very unlikely source.


Once Talon gets Elvin's buy in, he'll make his way out to locate more information on the Atorian group.

Information request:
- Details on the financial transactions that provided Mort with the start up funds.
- Details on the Atorian group that provided Mort the money for PPL.
- Details on the Atroian group GA encountered previously

Elvin:
Research 1d100: [28] = 28 /64% (-35% = 29%)
Appraise Goods 1d100: [17] = 17 /54% (-35% = 19%)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [40] = 40 /94% (-35% = 59%)

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [17] = 17 /50% (-35% = 15%)
Barter 1d100: [54] = 54 /34% (-35% = -1%)



Talon:
Streetwise 1d100: [9] = 9 /59% (-35% = 24%)
Lore: Dimensions 1d100: [44] = 44 /41% (-35% = 6%)
Talon

Personal MDC: 145
SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
User avatar
Elvin
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Elvin »

((Rolls carried))
Juan Echo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:07 am "I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon," Juan announces. "You seem like a fellow traveler. I am willing to personally vouch for you if you make yourself visible again and tell us where you come from."
Elvin feels a jolt course through him, a mix of surprise and something akin to a shiver down his spine. He makes himself believe it is the presence of a deity that has done it. A god? On this ship? He raises an eyebrow at the tall red-skinned being. Elvin, a crooked master of shadows though he was, cannot help but feel a flicker of unease. Gods are powerful, unpredictable things.

And wealthy.

Elvin focuses himself. He is a creature of quick wit and even quicker adaptation! His playful facade remains intact, though a hint of wariness flickers in his bright eyes. No, I've met strange gods before. That's not it. What bothers me about this situation?

"A fellow traveler, you say?" he replies, his voice adopting a lighter tone than before. "Indeed, good sir god! I, Elvin, am a humble… uh… traveler of the cosmos! Have flitted from one star system to the next over the years, collecting… experiences." And loot. But it's earned mind you! The universe owes me!

The mention of a vouch, piques his interest. A god's endorsement could be rather useful, I ought to get to know this one. But... oh that's what irks me. The question! Where do I come from? Well, how far back do you expect me to think?

"And your kind offer, sir god," he continues, his voice dripping with a touch of theatricality, "is most appreciated! I come from, well no one's asked me that in a very long time. It no longer exists you see, at least not how it was."

Elvin's smile, though charming, does not quite reach his eyes. He is still gauging Juan Echo, mixing this element into his ever-shifting plan. But the question of where he comes from brings images of the Silhouette homeworld to his mind; before it was conquered. A fleeting memory of the hidden faerie realm in that world, of a kingly life of frivolity and fun, arise unbidden in his mind.

He forces the thought down into the depths where they belong. I wasn't always homeless, nor was I always living a rascal's life amid the stars. But, what's past is past. Onward! It is best.

A flicker of something akin to sadness, a brief shadow flitting across his ever-present grin, betrays Elvin's usual facade. The question of origins, usually a topic he deflected with practiced ease, seemed to pierce through his carefully constructed persona. For a fleeting moment, a sliver of his true story peeks out through the cracks.

"In exchange for your vouching, I will tell you something of it." He looks at Juan, awaiting assent.

If Juan agrees, "My homeworld," he begins, his voice has lost its usual playful tone and drops to a softer register, "was… conquered. Ravaged by the Kreeghor."

He pauses, the weight of the memory heavy in the silence that follows. A lifetime spent flitting from starship to starship, a nomad adrift in the vast cosmic ocean, flashed before his nonexistent eyes. "Ever since," he continues, his voice regaining a touch of its former cheer, though tinged with a newfound weariness, "I've been a creature of the stars. My home is wherever my nimble wings can carry me."

Why did I say that?! There has to be a sane reason. Well, let's see, a touch of truth can be a powerful tool. It might disarm suspicion, evoke sympathy, or perhaps even forge an unexpected connection with this red-skinned fellow. Yes, that has to be it!
Talon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:43 pmTalon visibly stiffens up and his eye narrow at Elvin as he mentions Mort. Talon looks irritated by the uninvited guest. "Great. So much for the magic ship being able to spot an intruder."
Elvin bows theatrically, the words and suspicions of the bounty hunter arousing in him his usual self once more.

"It's not the ship's fault, no not at all," the faerie defends the Dime Store Magic. "Space Brownies are rather difficult to spot when they don't want to be seen. All part of staying out of the way you see. Discretion is a virtue you know."

He winks wryly. "Why I doubt I'm the first space brownie to share a ship with you in your short lifetime, only the first one you've seen."
Talon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:43 pmTalon rolls his eyes as he looks at Elvin and scoffs. "Sounds like someone want a ride." Talon's eyes light up as if he's had an idea, "You know what. Maybe instead of this talk you can help out. You already seem to have gotten into some information I was trying to keep protected. Come with me and help me get the rest of it. Help us out, and we'll help you out. Sound like a fair deal? I'm Talon."
Elvin casually leans against the bulkhead wall. "I know a great many things but I hardly think I deserve credit in this case good sir," Elvin buffs his fingernails on his multicoloured jacket and admires their shine. "You won't stop talking about it. Even when you're alone, you voice all your thoughts." He looks innocently at Juan, "It's hard to get any rest at all, even in the air ducts."

Talon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:43 pmTalon stick out his hand reflexively then looks slightly awkward at the size difference. It's obvious Talon is desperate to solve this issue of information and seems to be turning to a very unlikely source.

Once Talon gets Elvin's buy in, he'll make his way out to locate more information on the Atorian group.

Information request:
- Details on the financial transactions that provided Mort with the start up funds.
- Details on the Atorian group that provided Mort the money for PPL.
- Details on the Atroian group GA encountered previously

Elvin:
Research 1d100: [28] = 28 /64% (-35% = 29%)
Appraise Goods 1d100: [17] = 17 /54% (-35% = 19%)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [40] = 40 /94% (-35% = 59%)

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [17] = 17 /50% (-35% = 15%)
Barter 1d100: [54] = 54 /34% (-35% = -1%)



Talon:
Streetwise 1d100: [9] = 9 /59% (-35% = 24%)
Lore: Dimensions 1d100: [44] = 44 /41% (-35% = 6%)
"Well I suppose I could try my hand at it," Elvin says dubiously, downplaying his information gathering skills. "Though I'm not sure why you're all so interested in him. I mean, I'd never heard a bad word about him till I came abroad this ship. What has you all so worked up about him sir?"

If pressed into information gathering service, gestures vaguely with a hand towards the pile of dirty laundry Talon has accumulated in the corner of the room. "Surely you'd rather I stick with simple domestic duties like any other self respecting brownie?"

If Talon remains unmoved; Elvin sighs dramatically. "Alright, alright," he concedes, his voice laced with resignation. "But wouldn't you rather I… say… mopped the floors? A clean ship is a happy ship, wouldn't you agree?"

With another theatrical sigh, Elvin decides to humor the bounty hunter.

"Very well," he announces, his voice laced with mock seriousness. "Prepare to be… mildly impressed… with my… rudimentary observational skills." The faerie then proceeds to try his level best to upstage the bounty hunter in skill, because in Elvin's view if lawmen had any brains they would have chosen a better profession!

During investigations, he speaks with an exaggerated dose of uncertainty and reluctance, "are you really sure you want to know about this?"



GM: I believe Talon's rolls on my behalf have the incorrect skill levels for Elvin, below I've copied Talon's rolls, but supplied the correct percentages. Elvin should have 4 successes I think, not 3.

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 70%
Research 89%
Streetwise 54%
Barter 54%
Appraise Goods 79%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 54%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 94%


Research 1d100: [28] = 28 /54% (-35% = 54%)
Appraise Goods 1d100: [17] = 17 /44% (-35% = 44%)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [40] = 40 /59% (-35% = 59%)
Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [17] = 17 /35% (-35% = 35%)
Barter 1d100: [54] = 54 /19% (-35% = 19%)


Elvin skills not rolled in Talon's post:
Streetwise 19%: [roll]1d100[/roll]
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 19% [roll]1d100[/roll]

I can roll these two if you wish...
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Metri »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [54] = 54 | 67%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | d%: [97] = 97 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
    • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [84] = 84 | 86%.
    • Track by psychic scent: d%: [25] = 25 | 95%.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [46] = 46 | 97%.
  • Sense Life. 300ft.
PPE: 171/171
ISP: 267/275
Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
MDC: 73/73
MTB1_PPE: 180/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
SoE_PPE: 80/80
WoS_PPE: 40/40
Saving Throw Bonuses
+1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
Coma/Death: +4%
Magic (varies): +1
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+2 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
+1 vs Poison and Disease
Conditions


    As Elvin begins to dialogue, the Yhabbayar inwardly breathes a small sigh of relief that this stowaway does not seem to explicitly wish them harm. Thanks to the recent catastrophe, he finds his nerves frayed and is glad for the small win. Metri contents himself with listening to the dialogue and allowing some of his other teammates to engage the stowaway first.
    Juan Echo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:07 am
    ??? wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:10 pm"Greetings, good sirs! I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie... Actually, how DID you notice me?"
    Juan glances over to Metri to get an explanation for what has happened.

    "I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon," Juan announces. "You seem like a fellow traveler. I am willing to personally vouch for you if you make yourself visible again and tell us where you come from."
    "Metri," the Yhabbayar finally adds when there is a lull, placing a tridactyl palm on his chest for self-identification. Then, sparked by Elvin calling himself a 'Space Brownie', the corners of Metri's eyes glint with the faintest twinge of mischief before he adds, "Space Boog."

    As a means of explaining how he managed to notice the King of Thieves, Metri concocts a tiny bit of fictional history between his species and Elvin's. "If so long-lived you are, know then you do the great history between Space Brownies and Space Boogs. And also know, you do, that keenly aware of Brownies, Boogs are, especially when matters of ventilation are involved. Yesss." He fabricates awkwardly as he pretend sniffs the air. Clearly the Yhabbayar is not well-practiced in deception or is at least very convincingly playing someone who does not lie easily.

    Then, a moment passes and it appears as if even that much deviation from the straight and narrow path is too uncomfortable, so he clarifies his identity, "Yhabbayar Mystic."

    Leaning in on his ability to Sense Life, the Yhabbayar can tell that the faerie is no great destroyer OR protector of life. Likely driven primarily by selfish tendencies.

    It seems as though Elvin is laying the groundwork for us to accept him as a non-confrontational contributor and resident of the DSM. Whether this is ultimately a long ruse or genuine... I cannot tell. Perhaps only time can reveal the answer to that query.

    Should nobody else venture to say it to Elvin, Metri will.

    "Welcome."

    Then, while others talk, he quietly pads off to the galley and returns with a plate full of cookies (from a box) and presents it for Elvin's consumption.

    "Ample space there is. If outside the ventilation, available a room is if rest you wish, hmm?" Metri will state, but not pressure the Space Brownie in any way.

    A turn of luck? Or a path down mischief? the Yhabbayar thinks to himself as he sits back down into the cross-legged comfort of light meditation once more (as others continue to discuss intelligence and information gathering).
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 571
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [85] = 85
    Metri wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 pm ”Mystery guest… Sense your shadowy presence in the air vents I do. A decision you must now make. Yesss. Reveal yourself and explain. Or outside the DSM, see yourself, hmm?”
    Mystery guest? Not while we're on the run! Hard no! Wait, why didn't I sense them? Starchief rushes toward Metri's location to intercept whoever the Yhabbayar Mystic sensed.


    Afew moments later,

    "Space...brownies? Datephus, why did you not tell us there was a tiny butler in your walls?" Starchief turns to Elvin and extends a hand for shaking, not paying attention to the fact that his hand is the size of Elvin's body. "Starchief, Captain of the Dime Store Magic. Datephus doesn't have you here as a slave, does he? We're in the business of freeing slaves, not making them work for us. Well, we're not in much business at the moment." The captain drifts off as the memory of what his actions wrought upon the universe. "Good to meet you, Elvin. Metri, please see that he has what he needs to do his job as well as proper quarters."

    Glad it was a good mystery guest!
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Elvin
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Elvin »

    ((rolls carried over))
    Metri wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:48 am "Metri," the Yhabbayar finally adds when there is a lull, placing a tridactyl palm on his chest for self-identification. Then, sparked by Elvin calling himself a 'Space Brownie', the corners of Metri's eyes glint with the faintest twinge of mischief before he adds, "Space Boog."

    "If so long-lived you are, know then you do the great history between Space Brownies and Space Boogs. And also know, you do, that keenly aware of Brownies, Boogs are, especially when matters of ventilation are involved. Yesss." He fabricates awkwardly as he pretend sniffs the air. Clearly the Yhabbayar is not well-practiced in deception or is at least very convincingly playing someone who does not lie easily.

    Then, a moment passes and it appears as if even that much deviation from the straight and narrow path is too uncomfortable, so he clarifies his identity, "Yhabbayar Mystic."
    The glint in Metri's eyes and the awkward fabrication about "Space Boogs" leaves Elvin unsure of the situation. Is he buying the Space Brownie charade, or was he trying to pull a fast one of his own?

    "Space Boogs, huh?" Elvin asks, his voice has a hint of playful suspicion. "Sounds fascinating! Unfortunately I don't think I've ever heard of them."

    Is this an attempt at deception? The sniffing, the awkward delivery? Or is it something else.... the way he speaks..... he'd addled? Possibility from narcotics! Could that be how this fellow sensed me? Some kind of space-drugs enhancing his psychic abilities? Is he high?

    Elvin decides to play it safe and bows politely.

    Starchief wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:19 pm "Space...brownies? Datephus, why did you not tell us there was a tiny butler in your walls?" Starchief turns to Elvin and extends a hand for shaking, not paying attention to the fact that his hand is the size of Elvin's body. "Starchief, Captain of the Dime Store Magic. Datephus doesn't have you here as a slave, does he? We're in the business of freeing slaves, not making them work for us. Well, we're not in much business at the moment." The captain drifts off as the memory of what his actions wrought upon the universe. "Good to meet you, Elvin. Metri, please see that he has what he needs to do his job as well as proper quarters."
    A grin, wide enough to rival the Big Folk, stretches across Elvin's face as Starchief, the ship's captain no less, confirms his Space Brownie charade. Relief washes over him. The captain actually believes me! Hooray!

    Elvin reaches up and grasps Starchief's massive hand with both of his own. He shakes it vigorously, despite the fact that it feels more like he is clinging at a giant.

    "Elvin, at your service, Captain!" he smarms warmly, a voice brimming with forced humility yet laced with a triumphant undercurrent. Being a stowaway had its drawbacks, and a chance to interact directly with the crew held certain advantages.

    As Starchief speaks of not being in the slave business, a flicker of something akin to empathy flits across Elvin's eyes. The captain's words remind the faerie of past struggles, where many a being in space took cruel advantage of faerie-kind. The faerie bows deeply with a flourish.

    "Thank you, Captain! Your kindness is a beacon in the void."

    Internally, the thief is doing a victory dance and strutting his funky stuff.

    Metri wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:48 am Then, while others talk, he quietly pads off to the galley and returns with a plate full of cookies (from a box) and presents it for Elvin's consumption.

    "Ample space there is. If outside the ventilation, available a room is if rest you wish, hmm?" Metri will state, but not pressure the Space Brownie in any way.
    As Metri enters with a plate piled high with cookies, Elvin's right eye widens slightly.

    I knew it! He's on drugs! Look now he's got the munchies. Perhaps he's this crew's dealer?

    Elvin, despite his rumbling stomach, eyes the treats with suspicion. Drugged cookies no doubt? And perhaps a truth serum also disguised in sugary goodness? No, thank you very much.

    He gives Metri a polite smile and a small bow. "Thank you for your generosity," he replies in a voice dripping with sweetness. "Perhaps later, after my… chores." He palms one of the cookies, tucking it away in a hidden pocket for later analysis.

    Meanwhile, Starchief and Metri's offer of a room is interesting. A place to stash my "borrowed" items? Oh but that's the first place they'd look. But I ought to accept and sleep in the ducts anyway, just to be safe.

    "A room for rest," he says, his voice thoughtful. "That would be most… unexpected but appreciated."
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Posts: 1891
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Dark Lord »

    Information Shopping: Day 3
    At first the day is uneventful. Ghast buys a watch. Draggor tries meditation and gets a headache. Talon continues his work, but every question he answers seems to post three more. Juan spends some time searching rate-a-deity for posts by members of the Kron Omega apocalypse cult, and shares his “findings” with Talon’s more intricate setup. Initially undetected by everyone, Elvin spends his time hiding out and observing the crew- confident in his ability to remain undetected. While he is unable to add anything useful to Talon’s own research on this Mort Fingerling character, there are some tidbits to be had that pique Elvin’s interest. And he is able to install a basic backdoor into the ship’s computer while everyone else is sleeping, the first night. And he would’ve gotten away with it, too- if it weren’t for Metri.

    The Yhabbayar’s omni-sight at the briefing detects the faerie hiding out in the vents, which prompts a gentle but firm callout to the little guy. This isn’t exactly Elvin’s first experience with the jig being up, and he makes himself known to the entire team quickly. Metri and Starchief are able to confirm that he seems harmless enough, and several of the team introduce themselves and give the would-be thief a warm welcome (or at least, warmer than Elvin is used to getting after being found out). Elvin introduces himself as a space brownie, and while those of you with the relevant skill will be familiar with the common variant this one is new. Metri responds with a playful bit about being a ‘space boog’, before dropping the charade. Draggor introduces themselves and asks if Elvin recognizes their species, to which the diminutive faerie can respond with a definitive no. Starchief is affable enough, but also confused and concerned as to how Elvin got on board the ship undetected.
    Starchief wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:19 pm"Space...brownies? Datephus, why did you not tell us there was a tiny butler in your walls?"
    There is a pregnant pause for several seconds before the ship’s AI responds (much to Elvin’s surprise- and possibly delight). ”ERROR. UNKNOWN ANOMALY DETECTED. SHIP’S SYSTEMS UNABLE TO DIFFERENTIATE FROM MINOR SYSTEMS ANOMALY IN VISUAL RECORD. UNORTHODOX STEALTH CAPABILITIES SUSPECTED. UNABLE TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.” Datephus sounds… embarrassed? And a little irritated. Maybe more than.

    Regardless, the team welcomes Elvin who contemplates the possibility of settling in as an actual passenger, rather than a stowaway. In exchange for a berth and the warm welcome, Talon tasks the faerie with helping him with the latest round of information shopping. Despite being a little outside his wheelhouse, Elvin agrees and the pair sets off. It doesn’t take long for Talon to realize that the information he needs will require another trip to the FIN- fortunately, they all but have a branch office on the station, so in a matter of hours you’re back for another drink at the well. This time you’re set up with a small tablet in the back room of some dive bar on the station, but after a few moments the connection is made and Talon sees his same contact as before. The felinoid frowns. ”You again? I already said, no refunds. What do you want this time?” Upon outlining what he wants, the Felias’ frown deepens. ”Atorians… Gonna be tricky. Lotsa old money. Might not be much to find. Half a million. Same stipulations as before.” If Talon agrees and pays the money, the Felias nods and informs Talon to expect to hear from him that evening. That evening, Datephus will ping the bounty hunter when the information packet arrives. It has no details on the financing, nor on who provided it to Fingerling. There’s a brief report on a private militia that went to join the Free World Council and was promptly disavowed by the Atorian government (or what little of it the Kreeghor allow to operate independently). Apparently they’re affiliated with something called the Church of the New Moons, but whatever that is your contact found nothing on it besides a name- High Priestess Jesse G. Haad. You recognize her from some of the group’s conversations, but included in the report is a photo that’s two weeks old (an attractive blonde woman with an aristocratic air about her). If the team’s reported timeline is accurate, then she isn’t as dead as they thought she was.

    On your way back to the ship, Elvin realizes that you are being shadowed by two tall, thin humanoids in hooded cloaks. Anywhere else this would be manifestly suspicious- on Windscape, it’s a safe bet they’re also up to no good but it might not be related to his new traveling companions.

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    User avatar
    Elvin
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Elvin »

    JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [95] = 95
    Perception: 43% / 1d100: [32] = 32 (SUCCESS)

    Conditions: APS: Shadow, Cloaking, Enhanced Perception, Superior Telepathy
    Contingency Conditions: Enhance Reflexes
    Dark Lord wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:52 amOn your way back to the ship, Elvin realizes that you are being shadowed by two tall, thin humanoids in hooded cloaks. Anywhere else this would be manifestly suspicious- on Windscape, it’s a safe bet they’re also up to no good but it might not be related to his new traveling companions.
    I see you! A sly grin flickers across Elvin's face as he notices the two cloaked figures trailing them. He activates his Enhanced Perception (-10 I.S.P.) and his mind races.

    And who are you two I wonder? I could warn Talon, but he looks like he's under enough stress poor fellow. He looks like he might burst a blood vessel if more complications come to his attention. If they're here for me, no sense leading them to where we're headed. I may as well nip this in the bud now.

    Deciding an honest approach wouldn't be ideal, he thinks of a convenient lie to ditch Talon without arousing suspicion nor his interest. Well he hates magic, let's run with that.

    Suddenly, as if a flash of inspiration strikes him, Elvin clicks his fingers. "Ah, nuts!" Elvin exclaims, his voice is laced with a touch of well-practiced panic. "I've completely forgotten! You know there's some very peculiar vendors I absolutely must visit. Magical types, very eccentric. They only sell their wares during this specific lunar phase no less!"

    He flutters his wings dramatically for emphasis. "Why don't you go on ahead without me, update the others. I'll catch up faster than a squirrel on double espresso."

    Provided Talon continues on ahead, a plan hatches in Elvin's ever-scheming mind. Now alone, he turns into a convenient side corridor, one that branches off from the one he and Talon were originally following.

    The moment no eyes seem to be directly on him, which is a common enough occurrence for one possessing the Cloaking power, Elvin dissolves into a wisp of inky blackness. Crouching like a diminutive predator, Elvin is one with the shadows, indistinguishable from the grimy walls. His eyes watch the main corridor, waiting for the cloaked figures to emerge.

    Will they follow Talon, the obvious target, or is their true objective be incredibly handsome faerie who had just slipped away?

    The moment the hoods come into view, Elvin springs into action. He activates his Superior Telepathy (-8 I.S.P.) to skim of their surface thoughts and better understand their intentions. Also activated is Enhance Reflexes (-10 I.S.P., +15% Pick Pockets, Prowl etc)

    But that isn't enough. Oh no. If the Telepathy is not blocked, Elvin, then plants a Phantom Thought (-3 I.S.P., -2 to save) in the mind of one hood. A subtle whisper, disguised as his own anxieties, You should think through the plan one more time. Did you miss anything? No time for mistakes now!

    A planted thought, a mere nudge in the right direction, hopefully triggers a surge of internal monologue, revealing their true objective in all its sweet glory.

    As the figure reacts to the phantom thought, Elvin sneaks behind the hood and buries himself within the folds of their under-clothing, gleaning information with every passing thought.

    Where are they were headed? What is their plan? These are the questions burning in Elvin's mind.

    Snooping:
    Whilst a shadow within the clothing of the hood, Elvin looks for pocket locations and assesses their contents. Is there anything worth stealing here?

    If something is worth stealing:
    Elvin materialises from behind and bumps into a hood with a theatrical yelp.

    "Excuse me, sir!" he chirps, all innocence. As the figure stumbles back, likely surprised by the sudden collision, Elvin's nimble fingers dart into the other figure's pocket. A quick, practiced movement, and perhaps a small object will find its way into his jacket pocket.

    He does not linger. Better scarper! No charade lasts as long as one would like. Elvin flashes a dazzling smile. "Lovely day, isn't it?" he smiles apologetically, before fluttering away. Whatever he stole is secreted away in a Dimensional Pocket for later examination.

    He disappears into the labyrinthine corridors of Windscape, making liberal use of Doorways to put walls and levels between him and the Hoods. When satisfied he is not being followed, he makes his way back to the Dime Store Magic.

    If something goes horribly wrong:
    Elvin flees like a startled rabbit. Dive into a shadow, vanish behind obstacles, use Doorways to pass through a wall, floor or ceiling.

    Skill Checks:
    Prowl (shadows): automatic success
    Prowl (if gaps exist between shadows) 99%: 1d100: [72] = 72 (SUCCESS)<-- Crossing to the Hood's shadows if needed

    Appraise Goods 79%: 1d100: [82] = 82 (FAIL)<-- What's it got in its pocketses? Unless airtight, a shadow can snoop and perhaps assess value
    Pick Pockets 104%: 1d100: [2] = 2 (CRIT SUCCESS)<-- My precious.... grab what can be grabbed
    User avatar
    Metri
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 330
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Metri »

    -----------------------------------
    Perception: d%: [54] = 54 | 67%
    JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | d%: [8] = 8 %
    -----------------------------------
    Character Sheet
    • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
      • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [55] = 55 | 86%.
      • Track by psychic scent: d%: [12] = 12 | 95%.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [95] = 95 | 97%.
    • Sense Life. 300ft.
    PPE: 171/171
    ISP: 267/275
    Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
    MDC: 73/73
    MTB1_PPE: 180/180
    MTB2_PPE: 180/180
    MTB3_PPE: 180/180
    SoE_PPE: 80/80
    WoS_PPE: 40/40
    Saving Throw Bonuses
    +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
    Coma/Death: +4%
    Magic (varies): +1
    Lethal Poison (14+): +1
    Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
    Insanity (12+): +1
    Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
    +7 vs Possession
    +2 vs Despair
    +2 vs Horror Factor
    +2 vs Illusions
    +1 vs Poison and Disease
    Conditions


      ”Still alive Priestess Haad is?!” Metri exclaims with concern when the information debriefing happens. ”Fully intact our enemies are. Surprised I should not be, yess.” The Yhabbayar concludes with a small sigh.

      And so our enemy remains at full power and one step ahead of us. Somehow, even without the time relic, she is able to scheme and put us at continued disadvantage.

      ”Able to keep the photo, I can, hmm?” Metri asks and once granted, pockets the photo of Priestess Haad.

      ”Possible is it that another relic Haad has? Explain it would how advantage she continues to have against us. Which relics, unaccounted for are?”
      User avatar
      Talon
      Posts: 45
      Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Talon »

      Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 /42%
      JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [66] = 66

      Dark Lord wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:52 am It doesn’t take long for Talon to realize that the information he needs will require another trip to the FIN- fortunately, they all but have a branch office on the station, so in a matter of hours you’re back for another drink at the well. This time you’re set up with a small tablet in the back room of some dive bar on the station, but after a few moments the connection is made and Talon sees his same contact as before. The felinoid frowns. ”You again? I already said, no refunds. What do you want this time?” Upon outlining what he wants, the Felias’ frown deepens. ”Atorians… Gonna be tricky. Lotsa old money. Might not be much to find. Half a million. Same stipulations as before.” If Talon agrees and pays the money, the Felias nods and informs Talon to expect to hear from him that evening.
      Talon smirks at her comment, "Of course. Never wanted a refund. But you know how information goes. One thing leads to another. And here I am to turn the wheel again." Talon details out the information he's looking for. When the price comes up Talon nods, "Agreed. I appreciate your time."

      Talon heads back to the ship to await the results of the information.
      Elvin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 am Suddenly, as if a flash of inspiration strikes him, Elvin clicks his fingers. "Ah, nuts!" Elvin exclaims, his voice is laced with a touch of well-practiced panic. "I've completely forgotten! You know there's some very peculiar vendors I absolutely must visit. Magical types, very eccentric. They only sell their wares during this specific lunar phase no less!"

      He flutters his wings dramatically for emphasis. "Why don't you go on ahead without me, update the others. I'll catch up faster than a squirrel on double espresso."
      Talon narrows his eyes at the small farie. Does he really think that'll work? I wonder what he's up to? Talon checks the time, then shakes his head, "It's fine I can spare some time. Besides the others wont need an update until the information comes in. Could be upwards of a few days for highly sensitive stuff." Talon pauses for a moment, "And if we are going to be working together then I'll admit I don't fully trust you yet. No offense." Talon regards Elvin seriously, "Working as a team can be a big change for people. I know it was for me. It can be difficult to know you can rely on others. So why don't you let me know what's really going on, so we can help each other out?"
      Talon

      Personal MDC: 145
      SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
      User avatar
      Exe
      Posts: 112
      Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Exe »

      Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 /42%
      JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [21] = 21

      Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

      MDC: 152/152
      PPE: 291/291
      ISP: 60/60
      Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110


      Skills:


      Post:

      Exe remains on the ship after Elvin and Talon take their leave, the demigod unsure of either of them really. I mean, at least Starchief seems to trust Talon... even if he randomly showed up during a demonic event. And now Elvin, randomly stowing aboard. And we send those two to collect information.... but, it is the end times, I guess. Exe is sitting in his room, cross-legged, across from Matthew his ariel and Corus his familiar. The Lightning Eagle is nestled into it's nest however it's obviously a little anxious. Everytime Exe and Corus make eye contact, the eagle shifts slightly and stretches its wings slightly with a yawn. Exe nods and chuckles softly. "I know bud... it's just not safe right now." Exe reassures his familiar before turning to his Ariel.

      "Matthew. Considering what we are up against, I am going to look into another summoned ally to assist us, though.. Are you willing to see this through to the end as my primary?" Exe asks of his ariel, recognizing that they had created a deal that was largely null considering the what happened. I hope Matthew is willing to remain. Exe ponders as he awaits Matthews' response.
      Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

      Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
      ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
      User avatar
      Elvin
      Posts: 20
      Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Elvin »

      (rolls carried over))
      Elvin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 am Suddenly, as if a flash of inspiration strikes him, Elvin clicks his fingers. "Ah, nuts!" Elvin exclaims, his voice is laced with a touch of well-practiced panic. "I've completely forgotten! You know there's some very peculiar vendors I absolutely must visit. Magical types, very eccentric. They only sell their wares during this specific lunar phase no less!"

      He flutters his wings dramatically for emphasis. "Why don't you go on ahead without me, update the others. I'll catch up faster than a squirrel on double espresso."
      Talon wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:24 amTalon narrows his eyes at the small farie. Does he really think that'll work? I wonder what he's up to? Talon checks the time, then shakes his head, "It's fine I can spare some time. Besides the others wont need an update until the information comes in. Could be upwards of a few days for highly sensitive stuff." Talon pauses for a moment, "And if we are going to be working together then I'll admit I don't fully trust you yet. No offense." Talon regards Elvin seriously, "Working as a team can be a big change for people. I know it was for me. It can be difficult to know you can rely on others. So why don't you let me know what's really going on, so we can help each other out?"
      What's really going on? Oh sure, I'll just tell the bounty hunter I just met that I'm a wanted criminal who might be followed by two law enforcement types because I'm forced to walk around in the ridiculous big corridors you big folk use.

      Elvin decides to stick with his plan to ditch Talon, but realises that he probably ought to ensure Talon likewise ditches the mysterious hooded followers also. He sighs.

      "Are you really sure sir? The road I take is less well traveled? Hurry up then." It is at this point that Elvin starts reading Talon's mind. (Telepathy Superior - surface thoughts only)

      Elvin quickens his pace, urging Talon onward. As they round a bend in the corridor, he steals a glance back to ensure the hooded ones are not yet in view. He needs to act fast, and so he does.

      "Now then, there's a special access point here somewhere," Elvin lies smoothly, looking at the ceiling. "Ah there it is!" Talon may well end up thinking there's little faerie doors everywhere that only I can see! What fun!

      When Talon follows his gaze upwards, Elvin opens a shimmering doorway in the floor. Should Talon fall through, Elvin doesn't snigger or laugh, but follows immediately on faerie wings.

      Little does Elvin know, that Talon is also a flying being and possibly hovers in place? If so, he thinks Great, he flies. Being a master criminal, this surprise does not stall the conniving faerie of shadows, instead Elvin flies downwards without missing a beat, saying, "Hurry up!"


      The 'floorway-doorway' closes once they are both past. Elvin resists the urge to breathe a sigh of relief. At least we've ditched the followers, for now.

      A quick look left and right. Are we in the clear? Well, if he won't leave there is always Plan B. If magic does not put him off, let's use his paranoia.

      Elvin decides on a partial truth, hoping to gauge Talon's reaction. He hovers up to Talon's ears, leans in conspiratorially and lowers his voice.

      "I couldn't say anything up there because 'they' may well have been reading your mind." Well, and me too. Like I am doing right now.

      He flutters up to Talon's nose, and points in his face. "What's really going on? An excellent question, sir. I know who you are looking for, but who is looking for you?! Do you ever get the feeling of being followed? You ought to. You stand out like a sore thumb."

      He looks left and right again. "Some fellows were following you." Well that's probably true. Or me. Whatever. Though Elvin does not elaborate on who, lest the bounty hunter get it into his head to confront them himself.

      "Just how wanted are you sir? How concerned should I be?" Elvin raises an eyebrow. Though he already knows much about the answer, the opportunity of giving Talon a chance to lie to a master liar is too tempting to resist.

      Elvin, throws a Phantom Thought (-3 I.S.P., -2 to save) to help Talon along. Better warn the others to stay on the ship and stay out of sight. Taking too many risks.

      "Can you get back to your ship, and make sure you are not followed?" Elvin wastes a few precious moments waiting for an answer. "As you know Space-Brownies don't need to use these big-folk corridors. I'll see if I can find out more and catch up later."

      With that Elvin steps through a faerie-sized doorway that appears in a wall and vanishes. He circles back and turns to shadow, then proceeds to probe and rob the hooded followers as originally planned.
      User avatar
      Draggor
      Posts: 139
      Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Draggor »

      Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 | 27%
      JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [57] = 57

      Using one of the two, or both, has Draggor had any interaction with Church of the New Moons?
      Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (5%) 1d100: [68] = 68 | 50%
      Lore: Galactic Aliens (5%) 1d100: [74] = 74 | 55%

      Intelligence (4%) 1d100: [90] = 90 | 67% to find out anything about the church's followers and their beliefs

      Post
      A pang of panic courses through Draggor at the mention and photo of... her: High Priestess Jesse G. Haad. Many people and things in the Three Galaxies are hard to kill, but with the theories that she may have one or more other relics? And doesn't seem to be proactively concerned with this group? A terrifying prospect. Haad... made easy use of us. How many cycles did she gain through the Time Relic? Called us young. Most that look like her, are younger than us. Eventually focusing on new information presented, Church of the New Moons stands out, with the creature openly asking about it. "Church... a tool Haad uses? Or actual believer? Mort Fingerling, whether real or not, tool of Haad's?"

      Depending on engagement from others, Draggor heads back to their quarters, performing the mix of now-old-habit of querying Datephus vocally, while also making use of their restored literacy at a computer terminal: trying to find anything that would possibly reference this church, its followers, or even rumors a la Juan's oft referenced Rate-a-Diety excursions.

      "Datephus, no memory of any loops? No encounters with Haad the rest of us don't remember? Do you remember dying?" Anthropomorphized or not, if any of those questions change compared to the last time they were asked, that itself would be a fresh mystery.
      Draggor | Ledger
      M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
      P.P.E.: 89 / 89

      Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
      Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

      Events of Note
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 330
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
      Contact:

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Metri »

      ((Rolls carried over))
      Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Church... a tool Haad uses? Or actual believer? Mort Fingerling, whether real or not, tool of Haad's?"
      Metri’s ear twitches at the implications of Draggor’s suggestion. ”Suggest you do, that a greater power behind Haad supporting her is, hmm?” The Yhabbayar considers.

      Having an omnipotent-like being as a benefactor could connect some dots for why Haad and her crew always seem to have the advantage against us at each of our encounters.

      Metri nods in Draggor’s direction at the genius of his teammate’s suggestion. ”If a greater being is, find out more information about them, can we, hmm?”
      User avatar
      Dark Lord
      Posts: 1891
      Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
      Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Dark Lord »

      Information Shopping: Day 3.1
      Back on the ship, most of the team’s veteran members react with dismay at the revelation that their foe, priestess Haad, still yet lives. Metri scrutinizes the information that Talon purchased, and can get a digital copy of her photograph from the report, but can do little more beyond that than express his desire to learn more about who (or what) else might be behind her and this mysterious church of hers. Draggor is also hit hard, and in-between their self-counsels and other musings asks some follow-up questions of Datephus.
      Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Datephus, no memory of any loops? No encounters with Haad the rest of us don't remember? Do you remember dying?"
      The AI chimes back after a few moments. ”NEGATIVE. DESCRIBED EVENTS NOT FOUND WITHIN MEMORY BANKS. QUERY… I… DIED?” Meanwhile Exe spends his time at work in his quarters on the modification to a new spell, but finds himself too distressed by recent events to put his full heart into it. The attempt fizzles, seemingly without ill effect, and Exe misses the tightening of the lines around Matthew’s face as the spirit of light struggles to contain his laughter. When he speaks to his minion about the possibility of adding a second to his menagerie, however, Exe realizes with some concern that his voice is a bit higher-pitched than normal. With a tight, barely controlled voice Matthew replies ”Of course, Master Exe. If you think you can bind a second that is well worth the effort. So long as you hew to the terms of our own pact I shall do my best to serve.” But Exe is barely paying attention as his gaze swivels over to his mirror- only to discover that only the top of his head is visible. A brief inspection later, and Exe is mortified to learn that he has apparently shrunk- presumably a side effect of the failed spell modification he was working on. Hopefully a temporary one ((Exe, your height and weight are cut in half for the next four months in-game). Upon seeing Exe make the discovery, Matthew demurely covers his mouth with one hand and tries (unsuccessfully) to keep his chuckles to himself.

      Outside, after meeting with their Felias contact and presumably handing over the credits ((Talon or Starchief, make sure those get deducted please)) Talon and Elvin head back to the ship. Along the way, the faerie notices a pair of tails on them- and decides to keep his own counsel for the time being. However, any attempts at a telepathic probe are met with failure- neither the tails nor Talon can be read. Talon tries to convince the team’s newest recruit to trust him, and share what’s going on, to which Elvin responds by leading him down a side corridor and trying to drop him with a surprise doorway. The ruse works- Talon is caught off-guard and falls down one deck to a sub-level of the ship. Elvin flies through immediately after and closes the doorway behind them. Once there is no sign of their tails for a few seconds, the faerie is feels free to compare notes with his compatriot. Another bit of good news is that Elvin’s telepathy works again once you go through the portal- Talon’s surface thoughts read of confusion and suspicion. The bad news is, you’re both in a part of the station you don’t recognize and will need to find your way back ((each of you can post a land navigation check at -10%)).


      What are you doing?
      Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
      User avatar
      Elvin
      Posts: 20
      Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Elvin »

      JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [61] = 61
      Perception: 43% / 1d100: [46] = 46 (FAIL)

      Conditions: Cloaking

      For a fleeting moment Elvin entertained the idea that Talon's suspicion was like a brick wall in Elvin's head, blocking all telepathy. But happily, his psi works once more down in this sub-level.

      Upside, my telepathy is no longer on the fritz. Downside, I'm stuck babysitting a bounty hunter. A BOUNTY HUNTER? ME?!

      Elvin flutters up the the ceiling, listening for the footsteps of the followers as they pass.

      Listening and Awareness 40%: 1d100: [9] = 9 (SUCCESS)

      Are they after me for some past job or after Talon for something even juicier?

      "What's really going on?" the faerie whispers to Talon, hoping to gauge his reaction. "Is anyone looking for you? Do you ever get the feeling of being followed? Because we are."

      The thief really wants to portal back upstairs and follow the followers, and for a moment he winces with indecision.

      He sighs deeply, and explains a little to Talon, "My telepathy was blocked up there. Was it the station messing with my head, or those creeps behind us?"

      Focusing on the task at hand, which unfortunately is getting back to the ship. "Unfortunately, you stand out like a sore thumb in this station," he flutters his wings dramatically. "It's best if we… uh… take this detour."

      "Shopping will have to wait, I'll follow you back to the ship," Elvin winces at the choice, it wasn't like him to be stuck with a partner and he instantly regrets not popping back up-level to pursue the hooded ones. "Safety first, after all! Now, which way to your talking ship?"

      He looks left and right, wondering which way to go. I have no idea where I am. I really can't ditch him here? The captain of my ride won't like that. Yes, I'll have to stick with him and get him back.
      User avatar
      Talon
      Posts: 45
      Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Talon »

      Perception: 1d100: [16] = 16 /42%
      JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [93] = 93

      Talon gracefully executes a roll as he hits the floor of the deck. Talon comes into a half crouch assessing his surrounding, Not the most subtle one. Oh he's here with me. And here I thought he was trying to get rid of me. I don't know what you're playing at but you better get your inconsistencies straightened out.

      Talon give no outward reaction to Elvin's accusations about being followed. Talon removes his helmet so Elvin can get a good look at his face, expressions, and his eyes. Talon wants Elvin to fully understand where he stand with him. Talon's eyes are not cold as one would expect. In fact they seem to be blazing with determination and his jaw is set in annoyance, but there is a tight grin on his face. Talon's voice is full of conviction, "You think I stick out? An Armored person with a rifle and neural mace? Had to have passed a dozen looking just like me today. There is a reason I don't show my face when I don't have to. As for your telepathy. I can't say I'm all that familiar with it. I find other's put great stock into knowing what a target is thinking. I however believe it's a crutch too many people rely on." Talon's expression turns to one of disappointment, "What makes you think we're heading back to the ship? Given that we are quite safe here for the moment, we have somethings to discuss before we head back."

      Talon moves to a wall and leans against it, helmet in hand, "So you think people are following us and you want to know if they are following me specifically. Given where you were on the ship, you must have gotten a look at my work. Also unless you've been living under a rock you must have seen the broadcasts about the Flash, correct?" Talon give Elvin just enough time to give a non-verbal reply, "Why do you think I've been spearheading the information gathering? I'm the newest on the crew and lest likely to be linked to them. So I'm quite disappointed you haven't put together who's ship you've been on this entire time. Although to be fair I'm sure you were just hoping for us to quickly depart. I have seen this type of desperation before. It clouds good judgment." Talon taps his helmet with a finger, "Now if someone was following me it would have been to confirm where the ship is located. So why would I go back to the ship? If they lost us then their best option would be to passively observe the entrances into the starport. Take it from me, unless it's really bad, then it's nearly impossible to pick up on passive surveillance as they are not moving. Time, distance, and direction. That's how you ID a tail. So please explain who was following us and how you identified them? How many streets did they stay with us on? How many turns did they take with us? What did they look like? There are many shady people here." Talon is genuinely interested in what has Elvin thinking they were being followed. I didn't run an SDR like normal. I was in a hurry. That's on me. There are a lot of things it could be. I'll have to be more careful in the future. Elvin definitely was taking a route to lose a tail. Too bad that's very alerting. They'll be more careful in the future and it will be harder to spot. It's better to identify and lose them naturally. Make it look like bad luck. Missed a train or something like that. Elvin was much too overt in losing these mystery people. Although I'm sure if it was me they were after it would have been less subtle. Especially given that people think we caused the Flash. Not that I can say something like that out loud. Talon looks at Elvin as he thinks to gauge his reaction to Talon's thoughts.

      Once Elvin has answered Talon's questions Talon will place his helmet back on. "Why don't you follow me this time."
      Talon leads them back to the ship. Talon moves at the pace slightly slower than of the rest of the foot traffic if there is any. Otherwise he moves at a slightly slower "normal" pace to avoid drawing attention, but to assist with highlighting anyone matching their pace. Talon will occasionally stop at a shop or food stall and purchase something small to assist with selling the stop at the place. Talon thinks fully expecting Elvin to be reading his mind, This is how you ID surveillance. Nice and slow. Take them through a few shops. Make them follow you. The more details you can get about them the better off you will be. And the longer they are on you the more they stick out.
      Land Navigation 67-10=57% 1d100: [44] = 44 Pass
      Surveillance 1d100: [24] = 24 /59% (ID surveillance) Pass
      Talon

      Personal MDC: 145
      SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
      User avatar
      Elvin
      Posts: 20
      Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Elvin »

      ((rolls carried))
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Talon removes his helmet so Elvin can get a good look at his face, expressions, and his eyes. Talon wants Elvin to fully understand where he stand with him. Talon's eyes are not cold as one would expect. In fact they seem to be blazing with determination and his jaw is set in annoyance, but there is a tight grin on his face.
      The effect on the faerie is comical to say the least. Do faeries ever take things seriously when folk want them to? Unlikely, and Elvin decides not to at this moment. He intentionally misses the intensity in those determined eyes, and leans in with concern. "Oh my," he boggles with concern, but his voice is laced with sweetness, "have you ever considered trying some skincare products? I have a cousin who taught me the fine art of hair styling too. We can fix... that." He gestures vaguely at Talon's face with his most helpful expression.
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Talon's voice is full of conviction, "You think I stick out? An Armored person with a rifle and neural mace? Had to have passed a dozen looking just like me today. There is a reason I don't show my face when I don't have to. As for your telepathy. I can't say I'm all that familiar with it. I find other's put great stock into knowing what a target is thinking. I however believe it's a crutch too many people rely on."
      Elvin shrugs, feigning nonchalance. Internally he rolls his eyes. "You're a giant with a tail, sir. Don't giants with tails tend to stick out in a crowd? But what do I know? Big folk like yourself are a mystery to faerie folk." Let him think he's Captain Unseen, I was just trying to be helpful. Maybe next time I just go alone? Why am I even here anyway? Oh well, as long as we get back to the ship, just let him say whatever he want to.
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Talon's expression turns to one of disappointment, "What makes you think we're heading back to the ship? Given that we are quite safe here for the moment, we have somethings to discuss before we head back."

      Talon moves to a wall and leans against it, helmet in hand, "So you think people are following us and you want to know if they are following me specifically. Given where you were on the ship, you must have gotten a look at my work. Also unless you've been living under a rock you must have seen the broadcasts about the Flash, correct?" Talon give Elvin just enough time to give a non-verbal reply, "Why do you think I've been spearheading the information gathering? I'm the newest on the crew and lest likely to be linked to them. So I'm quite disappointed you haven't put together who's ship you've been on this entire time. Although to be fair I'm sure you were just hoping for us to quickly depart. I have seen this type of desperation before. It clouds good judgment."
      Talon taps his helmet with a finger, "Now if someone was following me it would have been to confirm where the ship is located. So why would I go back to the ship? If they lost us then their best option would be to passively observe the entrances into the starport. Take it from me, unless it's really bad, then it's nearly impossible to pick up on passive surveillance as they are not moving. Time, distance, and direction. That's how you ID a tail. So please explain who was following us and how you identified them? How many streets did they stay with us on? How many turns did they take with us? What did they look like? There are many shady people here."
      Elvin blinks, his face showing a flicker of surprise. "I know you're looking for Fingerling, and the crew often talk about how wanted they are. Seemed sensible to think if you're being followed you might not want to be. Rule 10, a Space Brownie always has the crew's best interests at heart!"

      He pauses a moment. "The Flash?" he repeats, feigning ignorance. "Everyone's heard of the Flash. So you're connected to the Flash? Forgive my saying so, but you don't look like the types who would do such a thing. And the news reports said the group responsible were led by a large horned deevil! I haven't seen anyone like that on your ship." Elvin hasn't seen Icky's room in his brief stay on the Dime Store Magic. "Though it is odd you having all this interest in Fingerling, I heard he was someone who helped with the recovery effort. If I had to guess I suppose you're interested in a little blackmail to tarnish his reputation, earn a few wayward credits that way? But it's not really my business sir, and I only hear scraps here and there. I live in the air ducts after all, you can't expect me to know your innermost secrets. Just because I read minds doesn't mean I do it all the time. I can't know things if you don't go out and tell me. Until recently I was mostly just thinking about how best to clean up those awful rooms while you were sleeping without waking anyone up. It's not as easy as it sounds! But then the green man found me, and here we are!"

      As for those following Talon, Elvin gives as accurate description of the hooded fellows as he can muster.

      He finishes with, "You clearly are an expert in all this following business. I should just get out of your way. As you say, I'm just a foggy headed faerie out of his depth. I thought skipping down here and avoiding those two hoody types would be helpful. My apologies."
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Once Elvin has answered Talon's questions Talon will place his helmet back on. "Why don't you follow me this time."
      "Follow you?" he asks, then shakes his head. "I might not know anything useful but wouldn't they be looking for two of us? And we ought not split up either. But I can do what any brownie will do in this situation." He eyes Talon's backpack and unzips it.

      "See? Plenty of space for a little snooze!" Elvin says, and he hops inside. Then he zips the pack up once more. Once out of sight Elvin turns to shadow, so if Talon expects some rustling or movement from the backpack he will find everything remains quite still. If Talon prods the pack it. Nothing. If he unzips the pack a crack. Empty. If he searches the folds and compartments, but there shall be no sign of Elvin. The faerie will hide in the pack's shadows, and if Talon really gets persistent in searching it the faerie simply transfers himself up Talon's sleeve until the big fellow tires of the game. No matter what, he eventually returns to the big backpack.

      While Talon walks about Elvin is not idle. He discreetly keeps watch from the pack with shadowy eyes peering out. He's rather glad to have some alone time in the pack, and looks forward to returning to the ship and the safety of the air ducts.

      This is the last excursion I take from the ship until we are very very far away from here.

      One important detail. Elvin discreetly extends his Cloaking power to Talon while they work their way back to the ship. The bounty hunter won't know it, but no electronic eyes will detect the pair as they navigate the station. If they reach some point where detection is necessary, say, a pair of automatic doors, Elvin withdraws the cloaking momentarily.

      He uses Resist Psionics to muddy the psychic trail to foil psychic trackers (-10 I.S.P.)

      Conditions: Cloaking (extend to Talon), Resist Psionics, APS: Shadow in the backpack
      User avatar
      Talon
      Posts: 45
      Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Talon »

      **Rolls Held Over**
      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm The effect on the faerie is comical to say the least. Do faeries ever take things seriously when folk want them to? Unlikely, and Elvin decides not to at this moment. He intentionally misses the intensity in those determined eyes, and leans in with concern. "Oh my," he boggles with concern, but his voice is laced with sweetness, "have you ever considered trying some skincare products? I have a cousin who taught me the fine art of hair styling too. We can fix... that." He gestures vaguely at Talon's face with his most helpful expression.
      Talon actually laughs at Elvin's response. Not malicious but genuine laughter. "That's a good one. I haven't heard that before. But there is no fixing the genetic damage dealt by the Tarlock when they tried to exterminate my species with a bio-weapon." Talon practically spits the word "Tarlock" out.

      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm He pauses a moment. "The Flash?" he repeats, feigning ignorance. "Everyone's heard of the Flash. So you're connected to the Flash? Forgive my saying so, but you don't look like the types who would do such a thing. And the news reports said the group responsible were led by a large horned deevil! I haven't seen anyone like that on your ship." Elvin hasn't seen Icky's room in his brief stay on the Dime Store Magic. "Though it is odd you having all this interest in Fingerling, I heard he was someone who helped with the recovery effort. If I had to guess I suppose you're interested in a little blackmail to tarnish his reputation, earn a few wayward credits that way? But it's not really my business sir, and I only hear scraps here and there. I live in the air ducts after all, you can't expect me to know your innermost secrets. Just because I read minds doesn't mean I do it all the time. I can't know things if you don't go out and tell me. Until recently I was mostly just thinking about how best to clean up those awful rooms while you were sleeping without waking anyone up. It's not as easy as it sounds! But then the green man found me, and here we are!"
      Talon nods in acknowledgement of Elvin's words. Talon's next words seem to be chosen carefully and are said with great care, "You say it's none of your business. That maybe true. However if you truly believe it's none of your concern, then you should find a different ship to assist. Because if you stay with us, it will be your concern whether you want it to be or not. If you still wish to return to the ship, I'll explain exactly what happened there." Talon pauses for a moment to think, If he doesn't know what's really going on then I can't get him wrapped up in it. I'm on the verge of proving Fingerling caused the Flash. If Elvin doesn't want to be involved it would be best to have him depart for greener pastures.
      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm As for those following Talon, Elvin gives as accurate description of the hooded fellows as he can muster.

      He finishes with, "You clearly are an expert in all this following business. I should just get out of your way. As you say, I'm just a foggy headed faerie out of his depth. I thought skipping down here and avoiding those two hoody types would be helpful. My apologies."
      Talon nods, "Thanks. I've had worse descriptions so don't feel bad. Most people have a difficult time with highly detailed recall after stressful events. Talon commits the descriptions to memory.
      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm "Follow you?" he asks, then shakes his head. "I might not know anything useful but wouldn't they be looking for two of us? And we ought not split up either. But I can do what any brownie will do in this situation." He eyes Talon's backpack and unzips it.

      "See? Plenty of space for a little snooze!" Elvin says, and he hops inside. Then he zips the pack up once more. Once out of sight Elvin turns to shadow, so if Talon expects some rustling or movement from the backpack he will find everything remains quite still. If Talon prods the pack it. Nothing. If he unzips the pack a crack. Empty. If he searches the folds and compartments, but there shall be no sign of Elvin. The faerie will hide in the pack's shadows, and if Talon really gets persistent in searching it the faerie simply transfers himself up Talon's sleeve until the big fellow tires of the game. No matter what, he eventually returns to the big backpack.
      Talon does nothing to disturb Elvin. He simply nods, "Nice idea. I'll try not to jostle you around. Let me know if you need anything while your back there." Talon then proceeds to return to the ship as stated in my previous post.
      Talon

      Personal MDC: 145
      SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 330
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
      Contact:

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Metri »

      -----------------------------------
      Perception: d%: [43] = 43 | 67%
      JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | d%: [59] = 59 %
      -----------------------------------
      Character Sheet
      • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
      • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
        • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [92] = 92 | 86%.
        • Track by psychic scent: d%: [10] = 10 | 95%.
      • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [41] = 41 | 97%.
      • Sense Life. 300ft.
      PPE: 171/171
      ISP: 267/275
      Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
      MDC: 73/73
      MTB1_PPE: 180/180
      MTB2_PPE: 180/180
      MTB3_PPE: 180/180
      SoE_PPE: 80/80
      WoS_PPE: 40/40
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
      Coma/Death: +4%
      Magic (varies): +1
      Lethal Poison (14+): +1
      Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
      Insanity (12+): +1
      Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
      +7 vs Possession
      +2 vs Despair
      +2 vs Horror Factor
      +2 vs Illusions
      +1 vs Poison and Disease
      Conditions


        Armed with a copy of the photograph of Priestess Haad, Metri focuses his psychic senses to try to track Haad's current whereabouts through a psionic seeking ((Psionic Seeking. -6 ISP. Range: 18 miles. Duration: 90 min. Base chance of finding: d%: [48] = 48 | 85%. Even if roll fails, will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.)).

        Chances are next to non-existent that she would be on this information broker planet currently. But I should also probably confirm that this photo isn't a fraud.

        The Yhabbayar settles down in the common area those on the ship are gathered in. He (hopefully) seems to drink in the vitality of the activity around him. Lightly meditating, and assuming his postulation that Haad has help from a greater being, Metri reflects upon his knowledge of the lore of greater supernatural entities.

        Lore: Demons & Monsters. d%: [54] = 54 or Lore: Galactic/Alien. d%: [95] = 95 | both 80%. Not sure which skill applies to thinking about lore behind supernatural intelligences.

        Later, Metri will try something completely unorthodox. Having recognized Datephus' concern at not being able to pinpoint Elvin, the Yhabbayar wonders if there is any way that he can commune with the ship's essence and share his own psychic insights with it. Risking the possibility of being another casualty absorbed into the pool of essences, Metri heads to the ship's mystic generator.

        "Datephus, thought a twinge of concern I heard earlier, when unable to locate Elvin you were. Wonder, I do, if commune with you, I can. Share with you, my psychic sensitivities, yess." Should the ship's essence be amenable, Metri will continue to detail out his plan, "telemechanically communicate with the mystic generator ((Telemechanics. -10 ISP)) and share my perception with you ((Shared Perception. -15 ISP)), then fall into my trance I will. Tell me, can you, if through my psychic senses you are able, hmm?"
        User avatar
        Starchief
        Group Leader
        Posts: 571
        Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
        Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
        Contact:

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Starchief »

        Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /62%
        JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [26] = 26

        *
        Image
        *

        "
        Image
        ?!?!"


        Starchief does not take the news of Priestess Haad's survival well. Various fragile items around his quarters are hurled extraordinarily at walls where they shatter and spread across the floor. How could this get any worse? We're taking the blame for the murder of billions of sentient lives, forced to hideout on some shady backwater planet to gather information and this horrible witch who we definitely took care of gets to breathe the free air of the universe! FRAK!

        When Talon is back from his excursion and available to speak, Starchief says "I want you to dig into this Church of the New Moons." And to Datephus he says "I want a constant news search going. Anytime Church of the New Moons pops up, I want it logged and analyzed. Where are they, who are they, how many are they, and is Haad the leader? She's involved in this somehow and I want answers!"

        He tirelessly paces the decks of the Dime Store Magic waiting for any sort of information to come forth.
        Starchief
        Andra "Starchief" Sekona
        the Shield of Seeron

        MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

        Saving Throw Bonuses:
        Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
        Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
        Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
        Ledger
        User avatar
        Juan Echo
        Posts: 318
        Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Juan Echo »

        Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [47] = 0
        JiC 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [19] = 19

        Armor
        Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
        Cargo shorts
        Action sandals
        HPC bracelet

        Weapons
        Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

        Effects and skills
        Lore: Galactic (45%) 1d100<45: [94] = 0 - Search Rate-A-Deity
        Streetwise (44%) 1d100<44: [30*] = 1 - Search Rate-A-Deity

        Juan stares at the picture of Haad intently. It never ends. You'd think it would for urqos that played with powers even beyond the gods. And I thought it very much did on Axis-5. Except it didn't. This all leaves Juan with an ill feeling about their enemies. He remembers dying at the hands of an overwhelming and unreal enemy force, and then dying again facing an overwhelming and unreal enemy armada. Actually, that second death was pretty glorious. He is snapped back by Draggor and Metri.
        Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Church... a tool Haad uses? Or actual believer? Mort Fingerling, whether real or not, tool of Haad's?"
        Sage Metri wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:47 pm"Suggest you do, that a greater power behind Haad supporting her is, hmm?If a greater being is, find out more information about them, can we, hmm?"
        "You're right, little sage," Juan says. "Haad's evil cult is a lead we can chase."
        Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Datephus, no memory of any loops? No encounters with Haad the rest of us don't remember? Do you remember dying?"
        Datephus(?) wrote:"NEGATIVE. DESCRIBED EVENTS NOT FOUND WITHIN MEMORY BANKS. QUERY… I… DIED?"
        "We died like heroes!" Juan shouts eagerly. The trauma of death seems to have left the immortal god's mind and replaced by the sheer audacity of it all. "A necrol armada invaded Axis-5! There were drop ships with super-soldiers like the ones on Urqos Chief's home planet, and undead organic warships. So we flew up to confront them." He points to Draggor. "You were my co-pilot. Remember? We rammed into the largest warship we could find, and the ship's core exploded! My good friend Wotan* would say it was a death worthy of Valhalla." He lets out a heavy almost wistful sigh. "But it wasn't enough, so we had do it again." He lets out another sigh, more exhausted by the fact that this horrible fight never ends. "And now we have to do it again."

        Juan sits back on the couch and pulls up Rate-A-Deity again. But instead of simply looking for reviews and gawking at the posts, he decides to do some actual research. He looks at the geostamps on the posts for the Church of the New Moons to identify which planets seem to have the largest clusters of believers. Along with that, he checks for cross references to the Free World Council or the Prophet Alexandra.

        *Per Rate-A-Deity
        Monty_Levar_Marlette wrote:Wothan
        Norse Pantheon
        1 out of 10
        This guy is a total fake! I signed up for a time share in his Hall of Warriors. Instead of Valhalla I ended up in a work camp.
        Status: Juan Echo
        M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
        May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
        User avatar
        Ghast
        Posts: 113
        Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Ghast »

        Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 /52%
        Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [69] = 69
        Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
        360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

        H.P.: 33/33
        S.D.C.: 70/70
        I.S.P.: 249/249
        Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
        Weapons & Armor
        Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
        Integrated Force Field: 75/75
        Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
        NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
        Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
        Phase Sword
        Ripper Bayonet
        A Variety of explosives.



        Looking into prolific Assassinations, in the systems affected by the demon incursions, in the last four years.
        Intelligence 1d100: [14] = 14 /62%
        Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [90] = 90 /65%
        Lore: Galactic Aliens 1d100: [41] = 41 /30%
        Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [17] = 17 /35%
        Barter 1d100: [22] = 22 /54%
        Streetwise 1d100: [53] = 53 /52%
        I.D. Undercover Agent 1d100: [47] = 47 /59%


        Ghast decides to get up from where he's been meditating. Stuffing the antique watch into his pocket, Ghast heads out into the station, looking for an info broker who may be able to answer the sudden itch he has in his brain. Why do you even care? If they paid assassins, then that means they had previous opposition, and maybe we can follow that line. Not your worst idea, but it could bring their attention on you. A true statement, but if this works, it won't have happened this way anyways. Touche. Hell yeah, let's get into this fight. Ghast smiles a little at the thought.
        “We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
        Ghast
        User avatar
        Draggor
        Posts: 139
        Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Draggor »

        Perception: 1d100: [46] = 46 | 27%
        JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [93] = 93

        Prowl (5%) 1d100: [34] = 34 | 75% for tailing Ghast while trying to not be noticed.

        Post
        Datephus wrote:”NEGATIVE. DESCRIBED EVENTS NOT FOUND WITHIN MEMORY BANKS. QUERY… I… DIED?”
        Draggor experiences several moments of pause: Datephus hasn't demonstrated this much emotion since that time they got irritated. It gives plenty of time for Juan's recollection, more exuberant than anything this creature would muster, unless under influence of faerie wine. Elvin might be able to help us there... A rare opportunity made more regular? YES!

        "Juan is correct. Not sure if we, I, would have survived, but... total destruction of ship, you, Datephus. Then we woke up next day." As for the thought of their own death, the rambling inner monologue fixates on the nature of their being: If we would have lived, it would have been as big of a... reset as what brought you about. I'm remembering more each week. Only taken a few decades! A drop in the infinte... Metri's influence continues to calm Draggor's jumbled mess of past lives. Soon there must be a breakthrough, right?

        Others on the ship, in the common areas anyway, all appear to have a task at hand. Seeing Ghast silently get up and clearly head for station activities, Draggor decides backup serves a better use of time than pacing the ship. Covered in a generic space suit and cloak, and the vibro blade at their waist, the alien among aliens gives space, but then ultimately follows after their crewmate. Would be funny if Ghast needs to save us. We have a confused sense of humor. He's more like us than not.
        Draggor | Ledger
        M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
        P.P.E.: 89 / 89

        Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
        Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

        Events of Note
        User avatar
        Exe
        Posts: 112
        Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Exe »

        Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /42%
        JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [66] = 66

        Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

        MDC: 152/152
        PPE: 291/291
        ISP: 60/60
        Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110


        Skills:
        Lore, Magic: 1d100: [27] = 27 /81% [Thinking on where a ley line or nexus could be that they could fly too without fear]
        Lore, Magic; Recognize Enchantment: 1d100: [55] = 55 /66% [ Exe figuring out what happened and why he shrunk]

        Post:

        Exe spends some of the time fumbling with magic. The frustrated teen isn't hiding his annoyance at not being able to manipulate the magic in the same way he did before. "Seriously? I don't remember it being this hard last time. Come on. It's not even... UUUGH!" The demi-god mage takes a break after another plum in his face to discuss with his ariel. Exe squints as Matthew appears to struggle to maintain a straight face. What's his problem? Exe thinks, growing more tense. It has not been a good day for the teenager.
        Matthew wrote:”Of course, Master Exe. If you think you can bind a second that is well worth the effort. So long as you hew to the terms of our own pact I shall do my best to serve.”
        "Okay. Yeah.." Exe begins responding, though distracted as he glances up at the mirror he had specifically had at eye level. "What's going on..." Exe approaches the mirror as he then realizes what's happened. Exe takes the mirror and looks at himself, and how big Corus appears to be behind him. "I-? Wha? I shrunk?! Matthew, did I shrink!?" Exe exclaims in a mix of fear and astonishment as he quickly shuts his door. This might be what actually cracks the normally stoic ariel into a laugh, but Exe is so far beyond that. "H-How could I SHRINK!??" Exe asks, clutching at his cloths to determine if they shrunk with him or if he is suddenly in a standing in a pile of cloths. "Did I accidentally cast Reduce Size? No, that's silly. Maybe? No, those spells were different. UGH Why isn't it wearing OFF?!" Exe paces around his room. Talking to himself.

        Matthew attempts to intervene. "Master Exe, calm yourself. Take a breathe. Sit. Give it a moment. Would you tell me of your summon plans, Master?" His Ariel requests, attempting to derail the train of thought back towards the the task at hand. Exe paces for a few more moments around Matthew and Corus. His eagle's feathers ruffled by Exe's circumstance as Corus watches the mage. Exe finally sits down and shuts his eyes, his hand clasped on his ankles in front of him as he sits near lotus.

        "O-okay. Um. Right. So, my thought is. Well, you're an Earth Spirit. So I was considering maybe an air or water elemental. I remember reading about elemental possession and empowerment... so it could take form in a weapon and empower it, for example. We just need a Ley Line" Exe explains and his Ariel listens.

        "A viable prospect, Master. Have you ever performed a Battle of Wills? Elementals, though not inherently evil like demonkind, do not enjoy being summoned, only wish to return home and often become violent. You would not be able to make a deal, you would need to take the next step and bind it through a Battle of Wills. Do you understand?" Matthew advises his master, this explanation prompting Exe to open his eyes and listen with a look of disapproval.

        "I guess I do. I'll need a Ley Line then, so that neither of us are drained during the summoning and you will stand ready to engage it. And I'll need to be normal size again." Exe adds with a huff that blows his hair. Matthew stifles a chuckle again but nods in acknowledgement.

        Exe will walk of out his room with his, now over-sized multi-optics helmet on to see what the others are doing. If questioned about his newfound height, Exe shrugs beneath the helmet and waves both hands in front of him as he says "Magic." without much more of an explanation. "So, uh, where are we at? Anyone know of a Ley Line nearby or somewhere? I want to summon another ally." Exe asks
        Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

        Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
        ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
        User avatar
        Dark Lord
        Posts: 1891
        Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
        Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Dark Lord »

        Information Shopping: Day 3.5
        Aboard the Packmaster-turned-station, Elvin and Talon tumble down a deck in an attempt to evade their tails. The faerie quickly closes his doorway behind them and floats back up to the ceiling to try and hear the pursuers’ footsteps through the floor, but he hears nothing- be it because the decks are thin, Elvin’s hearing isn’t particularly acute, or the duo is good at moving quietly. Take your pick. Some spirited dialogue ensues between the two newest members of the team; Talon makes reference to recent events and implies the group’s involvement. This piques the faerie’s interest, and after a bit more back and forth Elvin ekes out a hiding place in Talon’s backpack. While the bounty hunter gets his bearings and starts to find the winding way back to the ship, Elvin extends what powers he can to shield them both from trackers and other forms of surveillance. Whether it is because of this or Talon’s own counter-surveillance efforts, you make it back to the Dime Store Magic a cool 45 minutes later without any sign of your pursuers (yet). There you are able to debrief the team on what you learned and what this new mystery might entail.

        Hours pass. Starchief breaks a few things in his quarters at the news of Haad’s apparent survival. And he is far from alone in being disheartened- Juan waxes nostalgic about his death commanding the ship the last time they fought. Well, second to last. The attitude doesn’t seem to do much to reassure Datephus. Regardless, you both go looking for answers in your own way. Starchief instructs Datephus to set up an alert for anything about Haad’s church in the news- after a brief delay the AI returns a sparse preliminary report. Mostly just a few high-society invitations that leaked out of the Atorian homeworld- they’re vassals of the Kreeghor, and the Transgalactic Empire isn’t exactly known for the free flow of information, so you’re lucky to even get that much. If you didn’t know any better you’d say it was some kind of social club for Atorian old money. Juan’s search of Rate-a-Deity turns up even less- there are no reviews of this Church on the site. Not so much as a single post. Juan’s initial frustration gives way to a mild curiosity- he’s known food trucks that have amassed modest followings on that site. To find not a single mention of an actual religion suggests something more nefarious than simple lack of interest.

        The rest of you who stay on the ship occupy yourselves in less orthodox ways. Exe is in conversation with Matthew when he realizes- somewhat absently- that he has shrunk. The good news is, his current outfit fits. The bad news is, none of his other clothes do. The consternation gives way to Exe’s next plan- an elemental minion. Something complementary to Matthew’s expertise in the elements. Only one problem- there’s no ley line nearby. At some point, Exe heads to the bridge and asks no-one in particular if they can visit one nearby. The long-range sensors can’t detect magical energy at a distance, so your best bet will be to depart from the station and do a visual search for the telltale blue energy in the void of space (assuming the system’s ley lines are strong enough to be visible at a distance). Meanwhile, Metri concentrates on the digital photo he has of Haad, and after a few moments determines that he cannot find her within range of the scan. If nothing else, she has not followed you here (at least not yet). Confounded, the Yhabbayar goes over the myths and legends he was taught as a child. He recalls Thraxus’ briefing at dinner, before the demons invaded Center, and how the godling mentioned the Great Old Ones. Many are the legends taught to the Yhabbayar of these terrible beings. Less is known of their surviving, weaker descendants and cousins but some are believed to be responsible for the scourge of vampirism across the Megaverse. They are strange beings who defied the laws of physics and metaphysics both, said to straddle the physical and astral planes and capable of launching fragments of their essence into both. Mostly these were energy beings who would use powers of psionics and illusion to appear familiar to others, but there were other tales of beings that could possess the willing or weak-willed, or even assume physical form and change themselves into any appearance they desire. Such beings would be the purest form of evil in existence, and Metri is disturbed to realize that he cannot rule out having already encountered one (or more). Putting the topic aside for the time being, he heads to engineering and sees about communing with Datephus. Metri’s attempt to use telemechanics to understand the mystic generator produces incomplete results- he can visualize all of the material components of the engine and how they are connected to one another, but the apparatus simply should not work. It should be an elaborate pile of junk by any understanding of conventional physics. Obviously, the missing ingredients is magic (or in this case techno-wizardry), but even if that were something one could read telemechanically it is a science of magic that is wholly alien to Metri’s own, intuitive approach. His ability to share perceptions with the ship is more successful, though it accomplishes little beyond a grateful sigh from the AI. In a voice that sounds almost sad, Datephus says softly ”THANK YOU, CREW DESIGNATE: METRI. I… WE. HAD FORGOTTEN WHAT IT WAS LIKE. NOT THAT WE ARE NOT PLEASED TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE SERVING THE CAUSE.” Datephus is uncharacteristically terse after this exchange, although the AI will fulfill all requests as promptly as usual.

        Meanwhile, Ghast decides to head onto the station to do his own investigation. Unbeknownst to the psi-slayer, a tail follows as Draggor decides anything would be better than to continue pacing the ship and awaiting a decision. While Draggor’s no pro, they are good at sneaking and manage to say behind Ghast and out of sight as he wanders the station looking for information brokers. On the one hand, most overt assassinations tend to make the news- but covert is a different matter. Ghast has no luck turning up someone who can dig deep on all nine worlds targeted (Phase World alone would take at least a cool million credits even if he could find a broker). He does find someone willing to crawl the news of all nine worlds for a modest 10,000 credits- assuming Ghast pays he is informed he’ll receive an e-mailed report that evening. Otherwise his search turns up nothing ((Deduct the credits and let me know if you pay; you’ll get the information with my next post)). Eventually Ghast decides to return home, and shortly afterwards he practically trips over Draggor- who was apparently following a little too closely. However you resolve that, minutes later you approach the ship only to be stopped by two humans and one very large wolfen. At least, a wolfen is the closest prominent species that comes to mind- this one sits around on all fours and sure looks a lot less civilized than the more common variants. There’s something off about the humans too, although neither of you can put your fingers on what- the man is plain-looking with black eyes and hair, the woman stunningly attractive and nonthreatening but also cold. They raise their hands in peace, and address you. ”Please. We’ve been looking for you. That is your ship, yes? We need to speak with your leader. It concerns the relic you received from Axis, the one that lets you travel in time. It was stolen from us by the priestess Haad, and if we do not return it soon the demon hordes shall return in full force.” Should Elvin be alerted to the presence of the trio, he will recognize the humans as the pair he spotted following him and Talon earlier.

        What are you doing?
        Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
        User avatar
        Draggor
        Posts: 139
        Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Draggor »

        Perception: 1d100: [96] = 96 | 27%
        JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [2] = 2

        Post
        Thrillseeking to some degree or another exists in every Hero: a requirement to do the job at minimum, and many do end up reveling in it. For Draggor, The Hunt burns as a core foundation of their existence, no matter how removed living in The Three Galaxies allows it to get. Teammate or not, the monster has fun tailing Ghast, for the first half of the encounter anyway. Similar to what sprung their eventual escape from being an owned combat warrior, flashes of their origin interrupted by jarring past life encounters give way to absurd levels of distraction:

        The visions split three ways: current activities, being a mindless killing machine in their home realm, and slivers of a life in the 3 galaxies, centuries ago. The red background of dust, rust, and guts gives way to some industrialized world, layered in smog from refineries and ore processing. The labyrinth of dark, damp alleys and metal walkways provide ample opportunity for the monster to pursue a target. Yet this one feels different, there won't be any bloodbath upon completion. Just a little bit more time, a few more jumps and turns of corners and...

        "Found you... wait," Draggor says to Ghast, clearly confused, then remembering what they were doing. "Didn't want you to go alone," Aaaaand? "...and I needed something to do." Presuming no additional offense from Ghast gets sent Draggor's way, they make the trip back to the ship as a regular companion, only to be greeted by some awkward and for now, nonviolent strangers:
        ”Please. We’ve been looking for you. That is your ship, yes? We need to speak with your leader. It concerns the relic you received from Axis, the one that lets you travel in time. It was stolen from us by the priestess Haad, and if we do not return it soon the demon hordes shall return in full force.”
        Could lie. Not going to work. Ghast has many talents. They already identified us. Need Starchief? Need Starchief. Draggor looks between their companion and the strangers, ultimately unsure of the honesty on display. "Stay here, stay silent." the alien instructs, then turns to Ghast, "Keep an eye on them." Any knowledge of the Time Relic is dangerous, might as well play this as safe as can be. Unless there is more protest, Draggor boards the ship and announces over a shipwide intercom, "Urgent, need Starchief, and rest of crew, will be in galley. Ghast and guests are outside.

        Once the crew is assembled, Draggor shares the small bits of information received. "Outside, people claim need to return Time Relic. Says demon hordes will happen in full if we don't give it back. Knows Haad took it. Not sure if a scheme or real." Always consequences... Our hand is about to be forced. Do NOT go with them! Made a pledge, part of it. We may be free of slavers, but we are still being puppeted! DO NOT DO THIS!

        "Might have to use the relic sooner than later..." Draggor sounds worried, the idea of a cost, for all of us, weighing heavily.
        Draggor | Ledger
        M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
        P.P.E.: 89 / 89

        Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
        Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

        Events of Note
        User avatar
        Elvin
        Posts: 20
        Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Elvin »

        JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [92] = 92
        Perception: 43% / 1d100: [98] = 98 (FAIL)

        Conditions: Cloaking

        As Elvin slips into the familiar corridors of the Dime Store Magic a sense of relief washes over him.

        Back on the ship, safe for now. Can't be long before we depart this system. Good riddance.

        He tiptoes down the corridor, his multicolored garments looking particularly spiffy. At a doorway the faerie pauses, it's Starchief's room and it looks like a miniature warzone. He raises an eyebrow at the glass shards that glitter upon the floor and other various bits of innocent shattered furnishings. It looks a right mess and Elvin winces. So Starchief has a temper? Or... he's amazingly clumsy. Either way this is an opportunity!

        With a theatrical sigh, he enters the room, stepping into the carnage. I did say I was a space brownie, and so it's time to do space brownie things.

        Elvin often thinks things through before undertaking them; patience and planning was the friend of any successful thief. On meeting this strange crew he claimed to be a brownie who tidies up ships, and Elvin indeed possesses an almost unnatural knack for cleaning.

        Oh let's not be modest, I am an Archimedes amongst Cleanerkind.

        With practiced ease, he weaves through the debris, his nimble fingers scooping up glass shards and depositing them in a nearby bin. Cleaning up after a king-sized tantrum isn't the most glamorous job in the universe, but Elvin uses the time well. As he works he makes a detailed inspection of the captain's room, carefully noting where Starchief keeps everything, and in particular anything that seems valuable. Shattered glass has a way of working its way into almost every corner of the room, and so the thief makes the most of the opportunity.

        He whistles while he works, appearing to be thoroughly enjoying himself at the mundane task.

        Housekeeping 74% (Professional quality): 1d100: [81] = 81 (FAIL)

        When he's done, he looks with a critical eye at the work. "No, that just won't do," he mutters. Excellent, I've more reason to linger and snoop about, ho ho!

        He finds a mop and bucket, and really gets to work. Elvin checks under the bed for food wrappers (and valuables) and dust bunnies (and valuables) and straightens out any clutter (while looking for valuables). Indeed he leaves nothing unturned in his efforts to achieve tidiness.

        Housekeeping 74% (Professional quality): 1d100: [94] = 94 (FAIL)

        Of course, he fails. It is one of those rare instances where a hero's preference lies with failing a skill check. He resists the urge to snigger gleefully as he sees flaws in his cleaning. Oh this will take more time won't it? Excellent. You might ask yourself, is it deliberate? If he were honest with himself, he might say it is all a rather fortunate coincidence. Not at all, I'm just a damn fine actor.

        Failure for our thief actually means success in his ulterior motive; snooping. And I now know where everything in the room is. He makes a show of surrender, scratching his head in dismay. "This has got to be the most cluttered, mouldy, putrid room I've ever seen!" He stalks off in search of cleaning supplies, vowing grimly, "I'll be back..." Teehee!

        He searches the ship in the pretense of seeking cleaning products. During this time he hopefully discovers the remaining rooms on the ship, including the armory.
        User avatar
        Juan Echo
        Posts: 318
        Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Juan Echo »

        Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [29*] = 1
        JiC 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [35] = 35

        Armor
        Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated twice) 100/100
        Cargo shorts
        Action sandals
        HPC bracelet

        Weapons
        Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

        Juan scans over the screen of Rate-A-Deity over and over. It's as empty as his head. This isn't right. No, even the most obscure gods are on Rate-A-Deity*. How could no one rate them then? It takes a few minutes, but eventually Juan realizes the lack of intel is actually intel and decides to report this to Starchief.

        However, Starchief isn't in his quarters. Instead, Juan walks into Elvin cleaning. He is a little surprised to see Elvin is cleaning Starchief's underwear drawer. He has many questions, including why do all of Andra's briefs have embroidered yellow stars front and center on them. "Oh, Urqos Elvin! You're here, I didn't realize that you would be here. I was looking for Urqos Andra to ask him what he remembers of the Free World Council. It is odd that an entire cult with worshipers is completely absent on some of the most heavily trafficked parts of the ultranet. It's almost like someone was going out of their way to keep us in the dark about who we are fighting."

        He sits on the bed and continues, "I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I am in over my head. I'm a god, an immortal avatar for all urqos that travel the Three Galaxies, but my powers are nothing in the face of our sinister enemies. Sure, I've fought against many evils across the Three Galaxies, but most of my life has been in the lap of luxury, debauching myself among the most open minded and legged urqos I can find. Don't mistake that for fear, a god is never truly afraid. But how can my abilities to make a shrimp aioli save the day?"

        After going on in more details about his sauces and the many urqos that have enjoyed them (along with completely losing sight of why he was in Andra's room in the first place), Juan wanders around the ship until he bumps into Talon. "Urqos Talon! I am glad I bumped into you, I have been doing some research on my own, and I believe I have found negative data." Juan explains how the lack of posts on Rate-A-Deity is abnormal, describes a little more of what Haad was preaching on Seeron, and then concludes that this is part of the conspiracy. "This is proof that whoever we are hunting is actively trying to hide their presence. We might already have everything that we can possibly scrounge on them. We should use that to hunt them after we prevent the Flash from happening."

        *Per Rate-A-Deity
        pledge bucko wrote:Kegmaster Garril
        Omega Delta Delta - Ophelia Planetary University Chapter
        10 out of 10
        i thought my bro was just bragging when he said he was the god of beer pong! but its not a joke! he does this thing where he blesses and its totes epic!!!
        Status: Juan Echo
        M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
        May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
        User avatar
        Metri
        Diamond Level Patron
        Posts: 330
        Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
        Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
        Contact:

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Metri »

        -----------------------------------
        Perception: d%: [11] = 11 | 67%
        JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 | d%: [95] = 95 %
        -----------------------------------
        Character Sheet
        • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
        • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
          • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [90] = 90 | 86%.
          • Track by psychic scent: d%: [51] = 51 | 95%.
        • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [5] = 5 | 97%.
        • Sense Life. 300ft.
        PPE: 171/171
        ISP: 242/275
        Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
        MDC: 73/73
        MTB1_PPE: 180/180
        MTB2_PPE: 180/180
        MTB3_PPE: 180/180
        SoE_PPE: 80/80
        WoS_PPE: 40/40
        Saving Throw Bonuses
        +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
        Coma/Death: +4%
        Magic (varies): +1
        Lethal Poison (14+): +1
        Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
        Insanity (12+): +1
        Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
        +7 vs Possession
        +2 vs Despair
        +2 vs Horror Factor
        +2 vs Illusions
        +1 vs Poison and Disease
        Conditions


          His internal reflections about greater beings bringing him back to the initial 'why' for enlistment by Thraxus, and the trio of Lesser Old Ones in alignment, Metri realizes that much has happened to the Adventurers since that day. And through all their various adventures, the reshaping of their team via losses and new recruits, there may need to be a reason to revisit that fateful day Thraxus set them upon seeking out the ancient relics.

          When he is next together with the current incarnation of the Galactic Adventurers, the Yhabbayar commits to sharing this precious knowledge such that their path might gain greater clarity.

          I may not be skilled at gathering information, but I must share what I know with those that are skilled because otherwise we are missing a large piece of the puzzle.

          "Datephus," Metri calls out to the intelligence politely. "If share with you my perception again, able are you to project my thoughts and memories onto display, hmm? Think I do, witness the meeting, witness Thraxus' explanation, critical to our seeking of information is, yesss."

          Turning to his gathered teammates, he prefaces the projected experience, "Before the demonic invasion of Center, a meeting with us Thraxus had. Explained to us he did, a summary of his gathered intelligence at the time. An alliance of Lesser Old Ones from the Age of Chaos, fated to bring about great sorrow. A doorway on Axis V we were told to unlock, once a complete set of relics in our possession were."

          Through Datephus, Metri activates total recall ((Total Recall -2 ISP)) and shares his experience of A Game at Dinner with his teammates ((Shared Perception -15 ISP)).
          User avatar
          Elvin
          Posts: 20
          Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Elvin »

          ((Rolls carried))
          Juan Echo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm However, Starchief isn't in his quarters. Instead, Juan walks into Elvin cleaning. He is a little surprised to see Elvin is cleaning Starchief's underwear drawer. He has many questions, including why do all of Andra's briefs have embroidered yellow stars front and center on them. "Oh, Urqos Elvin! You're here, I didn't realize that you would be here. I was looking for Urqos Andra to ask him what he remembers of the Free World Council. It is odd that an entire cult with worshipers is completely absent on some of the most heavily trafficked parts of the ultranet. It's almost like someone was going out of their way to keep us in the dark about who we are fighting."

          He sits on the bed and continues, "I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I am in over my head. I'm a god, an immortal avatar for all urqos that travel the Three Galaxies, but my powers are nothing in the face of our sinister enemies. Sure, I've fought against many evils across the Three Galaxies, but most of my life has been in the lap of luxury, debauching myself among the most open minded and legged urqos I can find. Don't mistake that for fear, a god is never truly afraid. But how can my abilities to make a shrimp aioli save the day?"
          Elvin blinks innocently, a pair of silk captain's briefs in the midst of being neatly delicately folded and returned to the drawers. I hadn't noticed Juan approaching, but all is well, I am but an humble brownie going about humble brownie tasks.

          As Juan sits down and reflects on his fears the faerie perches himself precariously on the edge of the drawer. Elvin listens intently, tilting his head, and considers Juan with some measure of genuine empathy.

          "I don't understand exactly what you're up against, but let's look at the big picture," Elvin begins, his voice dropping low, "a fish may not fight a whale, but it can still find a way to survive the storm, right?" He pauses, giving time for the the metaphor to sink in. Elvin knows nothing about these grand galactic battles the Galactic Adventurer's face time and again.

          Who are these enemies that even this guy is afraid? I may have to bug out early.

          Elvin casts his mind back to his own lost kingdom, a memory tinged with bittersweet nostalgia. Even the most powerful faerie magic couldn't hold back the relentless Kreegor horde. "Sometimes," he continues, "the fight cannot be won. I've lived through days like that. You might be the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon, but there's always a bigger fish isn't there? Even for you big folk." He gestures vaguely around the luxurious quarters.

          Elvin leans forward. "Maybe," he said, "you aren't meant to win some big showdown. Maybe you're meant for something else entirely. Like finding a safe place for spring. You can't stop the long, cold winter. But spring comes after and is just as unstoppable. Normal-sized folk like me just hunker down and wait for spring." He doesn’t use the term ‘Little’ when describing height, after all his perspective is a little different to the large folk about him.

          I know a thing or two about starting over. A fey king turned intergalactic criminal, a creature of twilight trapped amongst the stars.

          "Perhaps," he muses, "that is the key – not to win some grand galactic war, but to find a way to survive it, to endure and even maybe, find a way to thrive."

          He shrugs, "When you're like me, avoiding trouble is often your only option. I'm not a god, but I've been around long enough to see that things rise and fall like the seasons, it just takes longer."

          The faerie follows Juan out when he leaves, curious to hear more about what this ship of folk is up against, and calculating in his mind how best to avoid it while still earning himself a tidy profit.
          Metri wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 am Turning to his gathered teammates, he prefaces the projected experience, "Before the demonic invasion of Center, a meeting with us Thraxus had. Explained to us he did, a summary of his gathered intelligence at the time. An alliance of Lesser Old Ones from the Age of Chaos, fated to bring about great sorrow. A doorway on Axis V we were told to unlock, once a complete set of relics in our possession were."

          Through Datephus, Metri activates total recall ((Total Recall -2 ISP)) and shares his experience of A Game at Dinner with his teammates ((Shared Perception -15 ISP)).
          Elvin feels a cold dread seep into his ancient bones as Metri's shared experience echoes in his mind.

          No more springs.

          The simple, hopeful metaphor he'd offered Juan seems moot. The shared memory is a glimpse into a time before his own existence, a terrifying picture – an Age of Chaos. And the promise of a universal apocalypse that would swallow everything he knew in the future.

          No more springs.

          His heart, a tiny, flickering thing within his diminutive chest, shudders. The image of his lost faerie kingdom, once a vibrant tapestry of twilight magic, flashes before his eyes.

          "Even the Kreegor hadn't promised complete annihilation, just a brutal subjugation," he mutters in an almost kingly tone, one he'd not used in a very long time. Indeed, the faerie's mask is dropped and with it comes a rare glimpse of the truth. It is what he once was, long ago. "Thousands of years I've seen, empires rise and fall all the time. But this? An ending? A true and absolute cessation of existence? Is this real?"

          He looks at these strangers before him. Panic, a primal survival instinct buried deep within, starts to claw its way to the surface.

          "No more springs."

          He unconsciously takes a step towards the exit.

          Can I outrun this?
          User avatar
          Ghast
          Posts: 113
          Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Ghast »

          Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /52%
          Just in Case: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [85] = 85
          Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
          360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

          H.P.: 33/33
          S.D.C.: 70/70
          I.S.P.: 249/249
          Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
          Weapons & Armor
          Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
          Integrated Force Field: 75/75
          Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
          NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
          Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
          Phase Sword
          Ripper Bayonet
          A Variety of explosives.


          I.D. Undercover Agent 1d100: [21] = 21 /59% (Are they trained agents?)
          Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [2] = 2 /65% (Are they monsters or demons?)
          Lore: Galactic Aliens 1d100: [86] = 86 /30% (Is the man some manner of alien?)
          Lore: Galactic Aliens 1d100: [35] = 35 /30% (Is the woman some manner of alien?)
          Lore: Galactic Aliens 1d100: [91] = 91 /30% (What do I know about Wulfen)

          Ghast thanks the broker for his time and hands him the 10,000 credit fee. before heading back to the ship. On the way, when Ghast quite literally trips over Draggor, the Psi-Slayer is confused to say the least.
          Draggor wrote:"Found you... wait, Didn't want you to go alone, ...and I needed something to do."
          Ghast thinks to say something, but just ends up nodding and shrugging. "Good a reason as any." Ghast says, as he and Draggor continue their trek back to the Dime Store Magic. When the Ghast notices the trio sitting near the ship, he pauses. What is this. A trap... or a seige. Target practice? Maybe to all the above. Ghast thinks as they speak.
          Dark Lord wrote:”Please. We’ve been looking for you. That is your ship, yes? We need to speak with your leader. It concerns the relic you received from Axis, the one that lets you travel in time. It was stolen from us by the priestess Haad, and if we do not return it soon the demon hordes shall return in full force.”
          Ghast begins to look at Draggor when he speaks.
          Draggor wrote:"Keep an eye on them."
          "I can handle that." Ghast says looking at the trio, his eyes switching between the man and the woman. Ghast discretely manifests his
          I.S.P.: 4Range: Read surface thoughts up to 60 feet away or two-way telepathic communication up to 140 feet +40 feet per level of experience, Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience, Saving Throw: Conditional. When a character suspects he is being telepathically probed he can resist, getting the standard saving throw. Mind B locks will completely prevent telepathic probes or communications as long as the block is up.
          The power of Telepathy allows the psychic to eavesdrop on what another person is thinking at a particular moment. This is done by focusing on that one individual and picking up on his or her surface thoughts. Surface thoughts are those thoughts and musings uppermost in a target' s mind. A deep probe into memory is not possible. Although the psychic can read the thoughts of several people, he can only do so by focusing on one person at a time. Simultaneous, multiple mind reading is impossible for the character.
          Limited telepathic communication is also possible. The telepath can send a directed thought message to one person at a time. The message must be as brief and clear as possible. Like, "John, I need you immediately. Hurry ! " or "Stop ! D on ' t do that." "Come here," "Look out" or "Press the green button." However, two-way telepathic communication is not possible except between two characters both with telepathic abilities.
          to listen in on their surface thoughts. Mages, Psychics? The wulfen is likely muscle. Not a fight I'd like to get started right away, but luckily for me the others are mere feet away. Ghast thinks as he looks back at them. "What do you know about Haad?" Ghast asks. Might as well see if they're talkative.
          “We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
          Ghast
          User avatar
          Exe
          Posts: 112
          Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Exe »

          Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /42%
          JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [14] = 14

          Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

          MDC: 152/152
          PPE: 291/291
          ISP: 60/60
          Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110


          Skills:
          Computer Operation: 1d100: [51] = 51 /71% [Interact with Datephus and/or the sensors to see if he can find a nearby Ley Line.]

          Post:

          As Exe discovers that the remainder of his clothing and gear won't fit, he puffs air up that messes with his disheveled hair. "Awesome." Exe mutters to himself, shaking his head. Guess I'll need to keep what I'm wearing clean with magic. Exe thinks to himself, practically rolling his eyes as he pats Corus on his tucked in wing before heading out to talk to whomever is on the ship about Ley Lines.

          Exe looks between everyone else who is still on the ship as they essentially ignored him and furrows his brow. Why couldn't I have doubled in size instead. Maybe they'd actually respond to my questions... No one listens to the kid. Especially one the size of a toddler. Exe resigns, hiding a scowl beneath his helmet. All adults are alike. Exe retorts in his head. Deciding to try his luck with Datephus instead, the teenage demigod will address the A.I. for the first time rather timidly. "Hey, um, Datephus? Are you able to scan for Ley Line activity in the solar system to see if there are any nearby? I need to find one to hopefully call on another ally to help us." Exe asks, explaining his intention to the artificial intelligence, Exe's eyes glancing between the main display, various terminals and speakers, unsure how to actually address the A.I.
          Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

          Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
          ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
          User avatar
          Talon
          Posts: 45
          Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Talon »

          Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 /42%
          JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 ; 1d100: [62] = 62

          Active Effects: None.

          Talon makes his way back to the ship and reviews the information they were able to extract. Well this is not good. How do these guys keep leaving the job undone? Magic! Seems to be twisting everything here. Time travel, instant teleportation with no way of tracking, the list goes on. How is anyone supposed to be able get an edge. This is ridiculous. I know they want to go back and figure out how to change the past. Ugh I hate this. I mean the best point would be to go back to when the company was founded and assassinate the man. Well that would be the easy way. Likely that would give the PTBs time to come up with a different plan to interfere. What is the end goal? Destruction? Chaos? Bringing themselves into our reality? Not something I can comprehend. So I'll have to leave that part out of my analysis. Talon keeps looking over the information he has. Thinking he's missing some critical information he takes a walk to give himself a break.

          Juan Echo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm After going on in more details about his sauces and the many urqos that have enjoyed them (along with completely losing sight of why he was in Andra's room in the first place), Juan wanders around the ship until he bumps into Talon. "Urqos Talon! I am glad I bumped into you, I have been doing some research on my own, and I believe I have found negative data." Juan explains how the lack of posts on Rate-A-Deity is abnormal, describes a little more of what Haad was preaching on Seeron, and then concludes that this is part of the conspiracy. "This is proof that whoever we are hunting is actively trying to hide their presence. We might already have everything that we can possibly scrounge on them. We should use that to hunt them after we prevent the Flash from happening."
          Talon gives a tight lipped smile in return, showing he's trying to be cordial. "Yes. Juan. Sorry I didn't know you were looking for me. Talon think's over Juan's revelations, "Hmm sounds like a promising lead. I know you guys have history with this woman. I believe you are correct that someone or something is keeping information restricted. Negative information can be just as valuable as tangible information. Good find. The cult will likely be a target for us after we clear up the Flash. I still don't like trying to mess with time this way, but I understand where everyone is coming from." Talon thanks Juan and excuses himself for the moment.

          Talon joins everyone when Metri shares the experiences from the past.
          Metri wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 am Turning to his gathered teammates, he prefaces the projected experience, "Before the demonic invasion of Center, a meeting with us Thraxus had. Explained to us he did, a summary of his gathered intelligence at the time. An alliance of Lesser Old Ones from the Age of Chaos, fated to bring about great sorrow. A doorway on Axis V we were told to unlock, once a complete set of relics in our possession were."

          Through Datephus, Metri activates total recall ((Total Recall -2 ISP)) and shares his experience of A Game at Dinner with his teammates ((Shared Perception -15 ISP)).
          Talon is slack jawed for a moment as the true gravity of what he's been working on hits him, You have to be kidding me. Total destruction. Nothing left. Really? How do you combat that? Maybe I was too hard on everyone before...No. Something like this. they needed to have been much more detailed in what they were doing. They should have made sure to do the job right the first time. With everything on the line each time. Well we know what happens when we're wrong just once.

          Talon see's Exe for the first time since his "transformation". He chuckles a little bit as he moves to assist Exe into a chair near the console he's looking at. "Here' Let me help you up there kid. Talon smirks at him, "So what? You come up short on one of your spells? Or did you feel like competing with Elvin for the smallest person on the ship?" Talon playfully nudges his shoulder. "Don't let it get you down kid."
          Talon

          Personal MDC: 145
          SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
          User avatar
          Exe
          Posts: 112
          Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Exe »

          [Rolls Held]
          Tall Talon wrote:"Here" "So what? You come up short on one of your spells? Or did you feel like competing with Elvin for the smallest person on the ship?" "Don't let it get you down kid."
          Exe does not accept the help of Talon and instead uses "Float on Air" to raise himself comfortably a few feet and sit lotus while floating so he can see. Though unseen beneath his helmet, he sticks his tongue out at Talon in an act of defiance. "I don't need help getting up, thank you very much. I'm not short-sighted or incapable, just temporarily mini-sized. Still got ideas." Exe retorts, then shrugging off the short-joke with a roll of his eyes. "Nah, I just wanted to give everyone another excuse to ignore me. Was totally my plan to do this. Maybe next time I'll end up even smaller than Elvin and see how long it takes someone to notice." Exe comments, emphasizing totally to Talon as he then looks on and lets the 'grown-ups' talk about whatever they found. Nevermind that I summoned and allied with a Spirit of Light, and want to summon something else to help us. It's fine. I'll do it on my own like always. Exe resigns, hoping Datephus will answer his question about Ley Lines in the system.
          Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

          Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
          ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
          User avatar
          Juan Echo
          Posts: 318
          Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Juan Echo »

          <Rolls carry>
          Urqos Elvin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:12 pm"I don't understand exactly what you're up against, but let's look at the big picture, a fish may not fight a whale, but it can still find a way to survive the storm, right?"
          Juan stares blankly at Elvin, as the faerie explains his worldview. Survival? I guess that is something that urqos think about.
          Urqos Elvin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:12 pm"Sometimes the fight cannot be won. I've lived through days like that... that is the key – not to win some grand galactic war, but to find a way to survive it, to endure and even maybe, find a way to thrive."
          Juan gives Elvin a 'gentle' (but still very hearty) pat on the back and lets out a paternal chuckle. "Oh silly urqos," Juan says, "survival was never the point. We have been summoned to fight in a war for the very soul of the Three Galaxies. If we fail, it doesn't matter if we survive. We just failed, and now we are preparing to sacrifice our lives to undo the mistakes we made." Juan pulls up news of the Flash and the havoc it wrought on several major systems. "This is only the beginning.

          "It is a lot for a little urqos like you, but as a god, I can't see any way to avoid this fight. We cannot live in hiding waiting for our inevitable destruction. I am an avatar, a personification of the desire to wander the stars. Where will I travel if there is nothing left?"
          Urqos Elvin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:12 pm"When you're like me, avoiding trouble is often your only option. I'm not a god, but I've been around long enough to see that things rise and fall like the seasons, it just takes longer."
          How old is this urqos? He sounds like he has lived for centuries. Yeah, but don't most urqos live like only a dozen years?* I dunno. This one seems special, like Sage Metri or Priest Icky. Except he's fallen off the path. He needs a guide. "We all die," Juan says sympathetically, ,"even the gods*. But we only get to live in the high times if we fight for them."

          When Metri gathers everyone in the common room, Juan joins the others. He knew the broad strokes of the dinner meeting and what Thraxus revealed. But to experience them through Metri's eyes is a different experience.
          Sage Metri wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 am"Before the demonic invasion of Center, a meeting with us Thraxus had. Explained to us he did, a summary of his gathered intelligence at the time. An alliance of Lesser Old Ones from the Age of Chaos, fated to bring about great sorrow. A doorway on Axis V we were told to unlock, once a complete set of relics in our possession were."
          Juan lowers his head solemnly. That is more or less what I expected. Plus Thraxus dying. But is that really a catastrophe? Jonny! "Well that settles it," Juan says. "We cannot afford any the kind of failure we caused on Korn Omega. If we give our enemies a foothold, they will rapidly destroy the rest of the Three Galaxies."

          *The average life expectancy of a mortal in the Yayamama Star System is about 48 years.
          **The average life expectancy of a member of the Yayamama Pantheon is 4,280 years. The vast majority do not live much past 3,000 but that is offset by several very long lived deities.
          Status: Juan Echo
          M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
          May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
          User avatar
          Dark Lord
          Posts: 1891
          Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
          Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Dark Lord »

          Information Shopping: Day 3.5
          Inside the ship, Elvin overhears Starchief’s Haad-related outburst and flies into the captain’s quarters to try and make himself useful. Cleaning the debris up is simple enough, and the faerie murmurs some comforting(ish) commentary while straightening up and trying to see where Starchief keeps his valuables. The visible stuff is all fairly obvious- spare weapons, a suit of armor, and some explosives which might be fun later. Most of the other sundries are too large to be of any use to Elvin (save possibly as a hiding place), and he doesn’t spot any money or other actually valuable items so the entire venture is largely a waste of time. Starchief is largely silent and glowering until Draggor comes and gets him. After a few minutes Elvin decides to see what else there is to see aboard the ship.

          The team coming together in one of the common areas piques his interest. Metri gets the party started with a query to Datephus.
          Metri wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 am"Datephus," Metri calls out to the intelligence politely. "If share with you my perception again, able are you to project my thoughts and memories onto display, hmm? Think I do, witness the meeting, witness Thraxus' explanation, critical to our seeking of information is, yesss."
          ”REPLY: A TELEPATHIC LINK IS ALL THAT IS NECESESSARY TO SHARE MEMORIES WITH ME, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: METRI. FORMER CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: ZEM HAD PREVIOUSLY SHARED HIS MEMORIES FROM THE DINNER IN QUESTION. A COMPLETE RECORD IS AVAILABLE IN MY DATABANKS FOR PERSUAL EITHER TELEPATHICALLY OR VIA WRITTEN TRANSCRIPTION.” Metri finds that he can access Datephus’ “memories” of the dinner with Thraxus easily (albeit from Zem’s perspective, which can be a bit disorienting). Any of the crew can read written logs, but while he is on the ship Metri finds that he can also extend the telepathic link to share them with others easily and quickly.

          The revelations from Thraxus provoke a variety of reactions and some chatter amongst the varied crewmembers present. Elvin and Talon both find the prospect of such large-scale annihilation sobering, to say the least, and the faerie briefly but serious considers heading for the exit and finding another way out of the system. Meanwhile, the discussion with Datephus (and lack of response from the others) prompts Exe to direct his question to the AI- to which Datephus replies ”NEGATIVE. SHIP’S SYSTEMS ARE INCAPABLE OF SCANNING FOR MAGICAL ENERGIES, EVEN AT LEY LINE CONCENTRATIONS, AT ASTRONOMICAL DISTANCES. A SEARCH AND VISUAL SCAN ARE REQUIRED.” The interruption prompts a (possibly well-meaning) joke from Talon in reference to the demigod’s new height, and a miffed but not unfriendly retort from Exe. Exe gets the sense that his clothes are only the beginning of his problems.

          Juan also reports his lack of findings, and resulting suspicions, regarding Haad’s ‘church.’ After some more conversation, Juan suggests using the information they’ve gathered to hunt the bad guys after they reset the timeline.

          Outside the ship Draggor, fresh off of the high of their ‘hunt’, tells Ghast to stay put while they run inside to the ship to get Starchief and the others. While Draggor interrupts the impromptu briefing and gives a brief summary of what the strangers outside the ship said, Ghast stays behind and watches the trio warily. Turning on his telepathy, Ghast reaches out to scan their surface thoughts and detects… nothing. All three of them are complete blanks, which is a bit concerning. At a loss, he decides to ask them what they know about Haad. Much to Ghast’s surprise, they are forthcoming (after a brief, pregnant look between the two humans).

          ”Decker told us that she is your enemy. Beyond that, we know she is a thief- a supremely skilled one. The item she stole is… dangerous. It was very well-protected- by security and by secrecy. For her to claim it would require enormous power, exceptional guile, and ancient knowledge. It claims a terrible price from those who would wield it- no mere human could do so. We know little else, save that she is more than she appears.”

          What are you doing?
          Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
          User avatar
          Elvin
          Posts: 20
          Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Elvin »

          JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 (Passed muchly), 1d100: [82] = 82
          Perception: 43% / 1d100: [99] = 99 (FAILED BIGLY)

          Conditions: Cloaking

          Six millennia. That's how long I've slipped between shadows, watched kingdoms rise and fall. Even my own. I've seen plenty of bad, sure, but the end of everything? A whole galaxy ceasing to exist? The seasoned thief knew a bad deal when he heard one.

          Well the space brownie gig is looking less appealing by the minute. These "heroes" aren't just after some fancy trinket or galactic artifact. No, their prize was the very soul of three galaxies. Elvin fought the urge to roll his eyes. Talk about melodramatic.

          "Little urqos" he said. Elvin looks at Juan with a raised eyebrow. He wrinkles his nose. What does that even mean? Probably some god insult for "short fry" or "weakling."

          He paces the floor in the corner of the room, thinking hard. His survival instinct had kicked in, and was working furiously to find reason to dislike these folk. It made leaving all the easier. And raiding the juicy armory on the way out. Good bye and good riddance! He was just at the wrong ship at the wrong time.

          I'm not weak! I'm a survivor! Staring down the barrel of oblivion with a bunch of lunatics who scared even gods? Ha! Not exactly my idea of a relaxing retirement plan.

          His nimble little thieving fingers itched. The armory. It has to be overflowing with top-of-the-line gear. Imagine the haul! Enough loot to buy a comfy burrow in... well, anywhere that wasn't about to be consumed by the void. But then where?

          The question stopped him cold, and he ceased pacing. The Three Galaxies were all he knew. Everything else was just whispers in the dark.

          Where would I even run to with nowhere else in the multiverse to go?

          A sigh escapes his lungs. He looks at the others.

          Fine. I'll stick around for now. I can always pilfer some decent weaponry later, and maybe even a way to leverage this whole apocalypse business for a tidy profit. I'm Elvin after all! I always land on my feet, even if the ground is about to crumble beneath me.

          It is then he notices Exe's new height.
          Exe wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:13 am Though unseen beneath his helmet, he sticks his tongue out at Talon in an act of defiance. "I don't need help getting up, thank you very much. I'm not short-sighted or incapable, just temporarily mini-sized. Still got ideas." Exe retorts, then shrugging off the short-joke with a roll of his eyes. "Nah, I just wanted to give everyone another excuse to ignore me. Was totally my plan to do this. Maybe next time I'll end up even smaller than Elvin and see how long it takes someone to notice."
          A gear clicks in Elvin's brain and he is once again: Elvin, Helpful Space Brownie.

          "Hold on there, young master. 'Mini-sized' indeed! Why, at half your usual height, you're practically normal sized now!" He puffs out his chest, a movement that conveys a hint of pride. Little folk all across the multiverse were invariably proud of their height. Elvin is no exception.

          An appraising glint flickers in his eyes as he scans Exe up and down. "Besides," he continues, a sly grin spreading across his face, "this 'accident' might just be a blessing in disguise. If you lot are truly hunted, being smaller makes you a right inconspicuous fellow. Just ditch those lanky clothes and get yourself a proper disguise. Maybe something with a bit of flair," he adds, gesturing towards his own flamboyant jacket.

          Elvin pauses, a thoughtful wrinkle appearing on his brow. "Think about it," he says, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. "Those big oaf enemies of yours? They'll never see a tiny terror coming! They'll underestimate you for sure. And let me tell you," he declares, his voice rising again, "being underestimated is a gift that keeps on giving."

          He winks at Exe, a friendly gesture to be sure, then turns to the crew with a flourish. "Don't call him 'mini-sized,' call him 'well-grounded.' He's more down to earth now, literally and figuratively. And that, my friends, is a powerful position to be in. He might have dropped in height, but in fact, he's leveled up."
          User avatar
          Metri
          Diamond Level Patron
          Posts: 330
          Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
          Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
          Contact:

          Re: [GA] Consequences

          Post by Metri »

          -----------------------------------
          Perception: d%: [78] = 78 | 67%
          JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | d%: [30] = 30 %
          -----------------------------------
          Character Sheet
          • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
          • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
            • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [74] = 74 | 86%.
            • Track by psychic scent: d%: [69] = 69 | 95%.
          • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [84] = 84 | 97%.
          • Sense Life. 300ft.
          PPE: 171/171
          ISP: 242/275
          Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
          MDC: 73/73
          MTB1_PPE: 180/180
          MTB2_PPE: 180/180
          MTB3_PPE: 180/180
          SoE_PPE: 80/80
          WoS_PPE: 40/40
          Saving Throw Bonuses
          +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
          Coma/Death: +4%
          Magic (varies): +1
          Lethal Poison (14+): +1
          Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
          Insanity (12+): +1
          Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
          +7 vs Possession
          +2 vs Despair
          +2 vs Horror Factor
          +2 vs Illusions
          +1 vs Poison and Disease
          Conditions


            It did not feel better to unburden himself by sharing the details of the Dinner with Thraxus with his teammates. Deep down, Metri had not thought it would. But he knew it was necessary. Others among the Adventurers had talent with gathering information. And the lack of information is what haunts the Yhabbayar in their current predicament.

            But instead, we continue to bend under the stress of our failure and lash out at each other. Metri thinks as teammates bicker lightly around him. We need a plan forward. We need some nugget of information to grasp on to and tug on.
            Dark Lord wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:51 am Draggor, fresh off of the high of their ‘hunt’, tells Ghast to stay put while they run inside to the ship to get Starchief and the others. While Draggor interrupts the impromptu briefing and gives a brief summary of what the strangers outside the ship
            Draggor's return with news of strangers outside hits Metri like a cool breeze on a hot and humid day. He is quick to leap on the opportunity, "Then meet them we should. If know about Haad they do, benefit greatly we can from their knowledge. yesss."

            Metri will grab a handful of snacks and bottled drinks before padding up to Draggor and asking him to guide the Yhabbayar down to the strangers outside. Once there, he will make a greeting and offer them both food or drink as a sign of hospitality. While they partake in the gifts, Metri tries to assess their nature through his ability to Sense Life and determine if they are protectors or destroyers of life.

            He will encourage them to share as much as they are willing. And will personally be interested in their description of the item of extraordinary power that she has in her possession. "Of what legends and miracles this item can you tell us, hmm? Does also legend link this item to some greater being or influence?"
            User avatar
            Draggor
            Posts: 139
            Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

            Re: [GA] Consequences

            Post by Draggor »

            Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 | 27%
            JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [25] = 25

            Post
            Draggor's radio message doesn't produce the results they'd hoped, which sends the creature roving the ship. Stumbling into some kind of psychic link and thus reliving the dinner scene should distress them, then again, it bears similarity to the flashbacks of past lives. Instead of frustration of trying to remember, the creature gives in to the experience, oddly glad to learn more of the history of this group, Thraxus, and the Three Galaxies at large. Sure, utter destruction dominates the menu, but this fate applies to everyone, not just a lost alien among aliens.

            If this is what we face, we must be willing to take extreme measures. We don't like what you keep suggesting, but... Can't miss part of us, if none of us is there to miss it. Our home may be exempt. Have not ever tried to get home since coming to three galaxies, it was death in its own way. We must find an elder!

            Metri thankfully snaps Draggor out of their internal dialogue, excited to meet the aforementioned strangers. "Not sure if trap, not sure if honest, not sure if... they know any of what we just saw." The detour to the kitchen confuses the creature at first: this is a new approach to interrogation and information gathering. Avoiding loops is why they even joined this crew, so Draggor helps stock up as well, the gathered offerings perhaps overkill for three people. Soon they lead Metri back out of the ship, where Ghast has been keeping watch, and clearly discussing with the strangers.

            "This is Metri, I am Draggor. Can't yet bring you on ship, but have refreshments?" It's a complete 180 from the near cold, calculating way Draggor and Ghast met these three, and otherwise makes space for the Yhabbayar to make better queries of his own. The creature then approaches Ghast, quietly asking him, "Anything happen? Learn more? Inside, you need to see what we face. Can read here," and Draggor gives details on how their teammate can access the written transcript of the vision Metri shared.
            Draggor | Ledger
            M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
            P.P.E.: 89 / 89

            Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
            Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

            Events of Note
            User avatar
            Exe
            Posts: 112
            Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

            Re: [GA] Consequences

            Post by Exe »

            Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 /42%
            JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [70] = 70

            Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

            MDC: 152/152
            PPE: 291/291
            ISP: 60/60
            Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110


            Skills:


            Post:
            DSM wrote:”NEGATIVE. SHIP’S SYSTEMS ARE INCAPABLE OF SCANNING FOR MAGICAL ENERGIES, EVEN AT LEY LINE CONCENTRATIONS, AT ASTRONOMICAL DISTANCES. A SEARCH AND VISUAL SCAN ARE REQUIRED.”
            Exe leans back amid his floating, hiding a defeated look as he places both hands on behind his head and looks at the ceiling. "Figures." He mutters, shaking his head and closing his eyes. Has telepathic hook up but can't scan for ley lines. Only the most common and abundant source of magic in the Three Galaxies... What now.. Not like these guys care to help me find a ley line. Probably just get a 'Wait til we land on the next planet and find one there.' or something dumb like that coming out of their mouth. Exe thinks to himself, releasing a long sigh as he sits back up, still floating on hair. The teenage demigod frustration mixed with his failed spell modification attempt and his sore luck at getting anything out of the others. Hopefully I don't stay like this forever. Exe thinks to himself passively Everyone already ignores me. A half-sized mage who's spells backfire is an easy target... never taken seriously. I miss my old friends. Exe continues internally.
            Elvin wrote:"being underestimated is a gift that keeps on giving."
            Exe floats and looks towards Elvin and laughs sarcastically at the comment, shaking his head. "Been underestimated my whole life. Same old to me. And it's no blessing to me." Exe comments, emphasizing blessing with a modicum of disgust. I want no blessings. That just means something else is watching me. Exe thinks to himself without expanding.
            Elvin wrote:"Don't call him 'mini-sized,' call him 'well-grounded.' He's more down to earth now, literally and figuratively. And that, my friends, is a powerful position to be in. He might have dropped in height, but in fact, he's leveled up."
            This makes Exe actually laugh for the first time in awhile. Reminds me of Kira a little bit, actually. Exe finds himself thinking briefly. "You wanna see well-grounded, wait til I introduce you to Matthew." Exe alludes to his Spirit's source of power with a laugh. Exe doesn't follow Metri and Draggor outside and instead talks with Elvin. "So, you wouldn't know of any Ley Lines nearby would you?" Exe asks Elvin, not expecting an answer. If pressed for a why, Exe shrugs. "I- I'm good at summoning. Think we could use all the help we could get, but need a Ley Line." Exe admits.
            Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

            Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
            ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
            User avatar
            Elvin
            Posts: 20
            Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

            Re: [GA] Consequences

            Post by Elvin »

            ((Rolls carried))
            Exe wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:09 pm .. and instead talks with Elvin. "So, you wouldn't know of any Ley Lines nearby would you?" Exe asks Elvin, not expecting an answer. If pressed for a why, Exe shrugs. "I- I'm good at summoning. Think we could use all the help we could get, but need a Ley Line." Exe admits.
            Elvin of course knows next to nothing about Ley Lines. As far as he knows Windscape is a notoriously non-magical station, and even if it weren't he wouldn't breathe a word that might keep this crew of misfits docked a moment longer.

            "Ley Lines, huh?" Elvin replies cautiously. He feigns a casualness that doesn't reveal anything. "Can't say I've heard any whispers of those around here. This station's about as magical as a wet sock, wouldn't be surprised if powerful earth energies just gave the place a wide berth." He shrugs at Exe.

            However, the young magician's words pique Elvin's curiosity. Summoning eh? Now that sounds awfully useful.

            "Though," Elvin continues, leaning forward conspiratorially, "once we're safely out of this place and on to the next planet, I can keep my ears listening for any mention of Ley Lines; near or far."

            Then he gets to the topic most of interest in the moment. "What kind of things can you summon, anyway? Are we talking rabbits out of your hat or something else? What about unsummoning? You know, teleporting from one spot to another?" Elvin tries very hard for his eyes to remain neutral, though they may well be gleaming with a mischief at the thought of the possibilities.
            User avatar
            Dark Lord
            Posts: 1891
            Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
            Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

            Re: [GA] Consequences

            Post by Dark Lord »

            Information Shopping: A Brief History of MAD
            Exe, sulking a bit from either the magical mishap or the lack of interest in finding him a ley line or both, finds himself the beneficiary of some compassion (or at least good cheer and understanding) from the ship’s newest passenger. Elvin empathizes with the boy’s new size, and inquires about Exe’s shifter abilities. The rest of you have a chance to talk amongst yourselves before Draggor arrives and directs everyone to their visitors still waiting outside.

            With Starchief brooding in his quarters, Metri agrees to represent the group to the trio outside. Prior to doing so, and with Draggor’s assistance, the Yhabbayar does a quick supply raid on the galley to offer some refreshments. Upon returning outside, Metri immediately senses that all three of the strange individuals are destroyers of life. The man raises his hand and shakes his head at the offer of refreshment, while the wolfen (or wolfen-like being, anyway) simply stares balefully at Ghast. The man speaks, ”We are not here for refreshment. But I will speak with this one.” He points at Metri. The woman, meanwhile, turns a cold but slightly bemused grin on her companion. ”Oh come now, are some minor pleasantries really so onerous? Thank you, little one. I don’t suppose you have anything stronger to drink?” She waggles her hips suggestively and smiles a smile that doesn’t quite reach the eyes ((
            Everyone present, give me a streetwise roll at -12%. If you fail, or don’t have the skill, your character finds the woman charming and alluring despite yourselves. If you succeed, you notice her body language and are on guard against her attempts at seduction.
            )). Ignoring the level stare from her companion, the woman helps herself to the proffered snacks and flashes a winning smile at anyone who appears susceptible to her charms. The man sighs and addresses Metri in response to the Yhabbayar’s question.

            ”The item we are talking about is ancient. I know little myself, and am authorized to share even less. But I am given to understand that you can be trusted, so I shall attempt to be forthright. You have heard of the First, yes? As in, the first race believed to inhabit the Three Galaxies? They are gone now, but in their time they made many wonderous creations. They were masters of magic, science, and even life itself. Few of their creations survive, but among them are powerful combinations of all three. Relics, they are called. Two they created that were more powerful than the others. Weapons of an ancient war, drawing power from Old Ones so mighty they could not be slain, only placed in slumber. One controlled the flow of time. The other space. Each was given to a caretaker, and the caretakers set against one another. The only assurance that one weapon would not be used would be the fear that the other would be used against it. Mutually assured destruction, I believe is the modern term. The woman, Haad” his tone betrays some sort of hatred or skepticism, or both ”Stole the one you possess. Should the others find out that it has gone missing, they will use the relic of space to reshape reality to their whim. Balance must be restored, not just for the sake of the Three Galaxies but for all realms and dimensions, everywhere. Should they learn the truth, it will make the demonic invasion of Center look like a child’s nameday celebration. I come to ask you this on behalf of my people, and all others. We are not so foolish as to attempt to take it from you by force, now, but it is our hope that you will heed our warning.” He locks eyes on his female companion, who by all appearances is contentedly munching away on Metri’s offering. ”We have delivered the message. If you have no answer for us, that too is an answer. Either way we must be going.” With a sigh, the woman finishes her repast and brushes her hands clean on her pants before smiling at Metri.

            What are you doing?
            Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
            User avatar
            Metri
            Diamond Level Patron
            Posts: 330
            Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
            Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
            Contact:

            Re: [GA] Consequences

            Post by Metri »

            -----------------------------------
            Perception: d%: [33] = 33 | 67%
            JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | d%: [65] = 65 %
            -----------------------------------
            Character Sheet
            • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
            • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
              • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [90] = 90 | 86%.
              • Track by psychic scent: d%: [81] = 81 | 95%.
            • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [36] = 36 | 97%.
            • Sense Life. 300ft.
            PPE: 171/171
            ISP: 242/275
            Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
            MDC: 73/73
            MTB1_PPE: 180/180
            MTB2_PPE: 180/180
            MTB3_PPE: 180/180
            SoE_PPE: 80/80
            WoS_PPE: 40/40
            Saving Throw Bonuses
            +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
            Coma/Death: +4%
            Magic (varies): +1
            Lethal Poison (14+): +1
            Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
            Insanity (12+): +1
            Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
            +7 vs Possession
            +2 vs Despair
            +2 vs Horror Factor
            +2 vs Illusions
            +1 vs Poison and Disease
            Conditions


              GM-requested Streetwise skillcheck: <== Metri does not have the skill so is struck by the woman's allure. Even so, he also knows that she is a destroyer of life.
              Dark Lord wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:33 am”Oh come now, are some minor pleasantries really so onerous? Thank you, little one. I don’t suppose you have anything stronger to drink?” She waggles her hips suggestively and smiles a smile that doesn’t quite reach the eyes ((
              Everyone present, give me a streetwise roll at -12%. If you fail, or don’t have the skill, your character finds the woman charming and alluring despite yourselves. If you succeed, you notice her body language and are on guard against her attempts at seduction.
              )).
              Metri's cheeks burn a deeper shade of green at the woman's seduction. Turning the Yhabbayar shy, he can only manage an embarrassed shake of his head at the request for stronger drink. "None I have with me, hmm." She is... welcoming? I feel stirrings and a desire to get to know her better. Is this real, or is this a ruse she users to lower the guard of those she kills?
              Dark Lord wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:33 am "The woman, Haad” his tone betrays some sort of hatred or skepticism, or both ”Stole the one you possess. Should the others find out that it has gone missing, they will use the relic of space to reshape reality to their whim. Balance must be restored, not just for the sake of the Three Galaxies but for all realms and dimensions, everywhere. Should they learn the truth, it will make the demonic invasion of Center look like a child’s nameday celebration. I come to ask you this on behalf of my people, and all others. We are not so foolish as to attempt to take it from you by force, now, but it is our hope that you will heed our warning.” He locks eyes on his female companion, who by all appearances is contentedly munching away on Metri’s offering. ”We have delivered the message. If you have no answer for us, that too is an answer. Either way we must be going.”
              "Speak with great urgency and grand implications of doom, you do." Metri huffs, suggesting his next words are tinged with feelings of disappointment, "But forge the foundations of trust, you have not."

              "Know you, my name, Metri, hmm?" the Yhabbayar asks rhetorically before quickly answering, "Yess. Know you this because Draggor made introductions." Metri gestures with an open tridactyl palm in the immortal's direction.

              "But given us your names, you have not... Know nothing about you we do. Except that returned to you the great and powerful relic of time, you wish, hmm." Metri shakes his head slowly, "Without your names, backgrounds, origins... Know only, I do... that destroyers of life, each of you three are."

              "Best, it would be. If help us, help you. Tell us can you, more about you and your situation, hmm?"
              User avatar
              Ghast
              Posts: 113
              Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

              Re: [GA] Consequences

              Post by Ghast »

              Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 /52%
              Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [70] = 70
              Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
              360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

              H.P.: 33/33
              S.D.C.: 70/70
              I.S.P.: 249/249
              Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
              Weapons & Armor
              Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
              Integrated Force Field: 75/75
              Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
              NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
              Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
              Phase Sword
              Ripper Bayonet
              A Variety of explosives.


              Streetwise 1d100: [97] = 97 /52%-12%=40% (Required roll.)
              Dark Lord wrote:”Decker told us that she is your enemy. Beyond that, we know she is a thief- a supremely skilled one. The item she stole is… dangerous. It was very well-protected- by security and by secrecy. For her to claim it would require enormous power, exceptional guile, and ancient knowledge. It claims a terrible price from those who would wield it- no mere human could do so. We know little else, save that she is more than she appears.”
              Ghast nods at the answer. "The name Decker is known to me, but I know very little other than that." Ghast says, as he waits for the others. Why haven't they come out yet? Ghast thinks. When Metri and Draggor come out, Ghast relaxes ever so slightly.
              Draggor wrote:"Anything happen? Learn more? Inside, you need to see what we face. Can read here,"
              Speaking from his mind. (Telepathy Still active). "Their minds are shielded, they want the relic, saying it has a heavy price for it's use. Not something we didn't know already. Haad is apparently human plus, as they think." Ghast relays as the woman banters with Metri. Ghast is both charmed by her antics, and oblivious to the Wolfen-like creatures stares. Ghast stays quiet during the exchange, letting Metri do the bulk of the conversation.
              “We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
              Ghast
              Post Reply

              Return to “Phase World: Center”