The Horsemen of Eschaton

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [28] = 28
PER: 1d100: [84] = 84 vs. 94%
Hemlock wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:01 pm"And who is Splynncryth?"
Ronith grimaces and says quietly ”That is the name of the Splugorth who rules Atlantis.” He then nods at Fung Lo’s assessment. ”I suppose that is all we could hope for. To be honest I’m not exactly disappointed to not have to fight alongside slave races and bio-wizard horrors. I just hope we’ll have enough without them.” This is going to be a whole new level of battle, old man. Better think of a better strategy than ‘charge in and swing swords.’ He also nods along with Grant. ”I agree. Long-range communication will be critical- my team and I have our own radios, and it stands to reason that these Horsemen do not- though I suppose we cannot necessarily say the same for their handlers from the Phoenix Empire.”

Ronith listens to the rest of the Q&A in silence. No known weaknesses… Their last appearance during pre-history… And no more than a day or two, three tops, before the two in the east unite. ”Technological weapons might serve better for an alpha strike- from a distance, with the element of surprise. Ideally unseating the horseman before we follow it up with a short-range engagement with spells and swords. Strike fast, from multiple directions. Keep them off-balance and distracted.” And hope we have enough overwhelming force to carry the day? Is this really better than the normal plan? Ronith frowns again and stares at the map, stroking his chin thoughtfully while the others continue to discuss their targets.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 89/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Zand
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:42 am
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Zand »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 29%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [54] = 54

"Maybe my parents were right. Maybe I should've followed the family business and been an undead slayer. This sounds like their kind of crusade." Zand thinks, realizing that maybe finally he can contribute something to this discussion. "I didn't anticipate being in a stone pyramid. Here's hoping it's the right type."

"I don't want to step on any toes here, but this pyramid we're in? Is it a dimensional pyramid? If so I should be able to send out a call to some true Atlantean owned pyramids in other dimensions." He looks around the room, "I'm not sure if anyone would be in to answer, or if they'd have the capacity to send help, but if they can, we could probably use the assistance."
Zand's sheet.

Personal MDC 171/171 PPE 192/192
Crystal Guardian Armor MDC: Unenergized: 125/125
Energized: 225/225
Abilities:Immune to transformation.
HF 12 to things that fear Atlanteans
Other gear of note: Talisman Necklace, Dwarven Katana, Lightblade, Kingdom Come pistol
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [6] = 6
Perception: 63% / 1d100: [64] = 64 (FAIL)

  • P.P.E.: 815/815
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 725/725



Energy Sphere: 1500 P.P.E. for 30 days
Heightened Presence Sense: constant 100ft range
Sustain: 15 days

Ronith wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:44 pm
Hemlock wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:01 pm"And who is Splynncryth?"
Ronith grimaces and says quietly ”That is the name of the Splugorth who rules Atlantis.”
Hemlock's eyes narrow, and she warns in a soft but firm voice. "If I see anyone wielding a magical device powered by a tortured fey, I will slay the owner and free my friend. Imagine if it were your own mother in the place of the fey, and you might understand a fraction of my depth of feeling on this matter. And when this is over, I will want details on Atlantis and where I can find these monsters."
Lilith wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:38 pm It lets her focus enough to hone in one one of the things Lo Fung had mentioned. "A handler?" she asks, finally speaking up. She pauses for a hair as the attention of the room shifts to her. Sheesh, haven't had this many eyes on me since the labs. Shaking the flash of memory away, she continues, a hand moving up to rest her chin on, "Any details on that? What their purpose would be, and would removing them would do? It sounds like this Pharaoh doesn't have as much control as he'd like over these Horsemen if he has to have handlers at their side to corral them."
Grant Latham wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:48 am The mage had glossed over the idea of a 'handler' focused as he was about the distances involved, but is glad that Lilith had brought it up. "If the Horseman actually listen to these handlers, if we can misdirect them, we might be able to choose the field of battle when the time comes."
Ronith wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:44 pm ”Technological weapons might serve better for an alpha strike- from a distance, with the element of surprise. Ideally unseating the horseman before we follow it up with a short-range engagement with spells and swords. Strike fast, from multiple directions. Keep them off-balance and distracted.” And hope we have enough overwhelming force to carry the day? Is this really better than the normal plan? Ronith frowns again and stares at the map, stroking his chin thoughtfully while the others continue to discuss their targets.
"We'll end up swinging swords in the end I fear, but I agree we should explore alternatives." After a brief pause, she asks, "What about trickery?"

"Has anyone gotten a good look at any of these handlers? Who are they? I might be able to disguise myself as one. Or, perhaps dominate one with magic." She listens with great interest to any news on this front.

"I could perhaps disguise myself as a bird, or an insect, and get close. Kill the handler, or control it perhaps. And learn more of this horseman, perhaps lead it to favourable ground? Or I could perhaps alter my aura and play the villain, openly declare the handler an imposter and slay him. I wonder how the horseman might react?" She chuckles at the through, and thinks more deeply. "I even have a rather fetching 'horse' of my own you know."

She turns to the dragon, "What route are they likely to take? Are they aiming for concentrations of people, settlements? Might they stay with a given ley line once they reach one, then follow it all the way to their destination? Hmm. Any convenient volcanoes along the way? We could try dropping a horseman into one. Alternatively your technological surprises; one of us could lay a convenient minefield which I might lead the horseman to."
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Africa: Friday, October 112PA,
Environmental Conditions: Internal Temp; 30*C (86*F), very humid.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Ley line overhead, Nexus 5-10 miles north.
The air around the Gathering is tense with discussion. Each of the groups appears locked in their own internal plans, though everyone quiets when a question is addressed to either Fang Lo or Lo Fung. "As I mentioned, the Pharaoh sent his own council to die for the Horsemen. We know of five on his council, all of them practice dark magic like the Pharaoh, and serve as his direct eyes on the Horsemen. It is my firm belief that he expects each of the council he sent out to be consumed by the Horsemen they are escorting. The Handlers would be as strong as a well practiced mage, though we don't know much else on them." Lo Fung explains, nodding to Lilith's assertion. "The Horsemen are beyond the Pharaoh's control, or anyone's. He is as likely to die the moment the ritual in Egypt is over as any of his Handlers are." Lo Fung states.

Grant recommends the use of technology as their weakness, though Lo Fung appears less convinced. "They haven't been on this world in that long, but the myth is they visit others. They wreck apocalypses after apocalypses and are not limited to this world, though if we defeat them successfully, it will be at least fifty thousand years before they can be summoned to this world again. That is a weakness and a strength they have; even when killed they are not truly killed, only sent away. But they cannot return for that period, and they require one as twisted as the Pharaoh to bring them back." Lo Fung expands on the thought. "Long range missiles, as well as other technological weapons, could be effective on an initial strike. Though we would need to be concerned about loss of civilian life in the wake of such destruction." Lo Fung adds.

Ronith explains Splynncrath to Hemlock who furrows her brow in disgust at the prospect of encountering them. The godling already planning a sort of vengeance for her tortured and captured kin should they all survive. Zand poses a question about the pyramid they are in, with Fang Lo shaking her head. "Yes and no. But we cannot wait for such a call to be answered, that is why I sought out your group personally. We've already lost others and will lose more." Fang Lo adds. Hemlock, Ronith and the others discuss engagement plans with Hemlock posing a series of questions about the handlers and the routes. Fang Lo winces as the comment as she responds. "If the handlers have any control over their route, we do not know. We do know the Horsemen revel in the chaos they sow. While unthreatened, they appear to be moving towards population centers along their route. The one in the Savannah is heading straight towards Egypt, likely due to a lack of local population to manipulate. As for the handlers, we know as much as we've told you. Killing or impersonating one is something that could be possible, but extremely risky. They don't seem to follow Ley Lines." Fang Lo finishes.

Daisuke and Grant then both comment on the need of reliable communication, and Lo Fung nods, looking to Fang Lo again. "Yes, I have dabbled in techno-wizardry and fashioned a form of radio that should work across the continent. It has a magic battery installed, each battery is good for an eight hour period and I will provide spare batteries. Only one radio per group, and I will need them back." Fang Lo explains and unveils a rather unappealing looking
Box radio.jpg
that is rather heavy. She explains it's use and how to swap out batteries, leaving one with each group and four spare (PPE)batteries. One or two of the Dawn Mercenaries can be heard muttering 'Cool.' while looking over the radio. Ronith is approached by a Granite Knight that Ronith doesn't recognize who takes a moment to thank him for his message to their Hall earlier.

"Time is of the essence. Unless there are more questions or comments, we need to get started before what's left of this continent is swallowed by their darkness." Lo Fung says after Fang Lo's demonstration of the radios.

What are your intentions?
GM Note:

Ronith:
Grant:
Daisuke:
Keiko:
Hemlock:
Gloriosa:
Lilith:
Zand:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [2] = 2
PER: 1d100: [37] = 37 vs. 94%
Hemlock wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:23 pm"If I see anyone wielding a magical device powered by a tortured fey, I will slay the owner and free my friend. Imagine if it were your own mother in the place of the fey, and you might understand a fraction of my depth of feeling on this matter. And when this is over, I will want details on Atlantis and where I can find these monsters."
Ronith nods. ”I understand and share your outrage. They’ve victimized many peoples across the megaverse- including mine, and the humans. I am happy to share what I know of them- we have clashed many times- but there’s an entire continent of minions and slave races to overcome. A one-faerie assault- no matter how favored by the gods she might be- is a suicide mission, and that I cannot support.”

At Hemlock’s other suggestions, Ronith frowns and shrugs. ”If the horsemen can sense one another, I’m not sure misdirection will work. But if their mounts could be controlled somehow… That could be advantageous for us.” He muses, and his frown deepens as Lo Fung explains the relationship between the Horsemen and Rama-Set, along with the other information the dragons provide. Fifty thousand years? A madman prepared to sacrifice his own life, and that of his entire kingdom, just to destroy the world? This is like something out of a fable. Are you sure your new, untested squad is up to this old man? He takes a moment to survey the others. I guess they’ll have to be. Ronith takes possession of the radio once it is offered and easily hoists it over one shoulder (to be installed in the team’s new ride). The cyber-knight gives his colleagues a warm acknowledgement and murmurs ”Glad you could join us. I just hope that when all is said and done you wouldn’t rather have gone off to fight the Coalition again.” With no further questions for their hosts, Ronith will simply wait for the briefing to conclude before returning the radio to their craft and do a quick survey of their long-range weapons. Might prove necessary as an opening gambit.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 89/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Lilith
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:34 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Lilith »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100: [81] = 81 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [11] = 11

Lilith listens intently to the answers given, wanting as much information as she can get before heading into what is definitely the most dangerous situation she'll be in. As the questions wrap up, she takes another moment to reflect on the surreal situation. Must be the world's unluckiest bee, she thinks plaintively to herself. She taps a finger against her arm, the carapace giving a soft click each time, the sound lost in the conversation of the room. Could bug out partway through this. Wait for Horsemen to pass then make do in whatever's left. The thought is brief, both for the impracticality of it and Lilith's own convictions. I'm not going to be like the people before me. Won't betray or run from my group. Even if it's a new one. She considers the sequence of events that got her here, belatedly adding, On purpose, to the thought.

The mutant bee focuses on the function of the radio, even knowing she likely won't be its handler, what with little to no radio experience to go off of. Her old group had used other means of communications, primarily. She lets others more intimately familiar handle the device instead, simply memorizing what she can of its use in case it does ever end up in her hands.

When the dragons ask for further questions, Lilith shakes her head. "Time's pretty important here, and I think I'm about as ready as I can be, given the situation." She waits patiently, though, waiting for the rest of the group's thoughts on the matter, ready to head out when given the word.
Lilith
Buzzing along the path of redemption.

Personal Status
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
Carapace M.D.C.: 240 / 240
Wrangler Riding Armor w/Long-coat
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 50 / 50
  • Right Arm: 44 / 44
  • Left Arm: 44 / 44
  • Right Leg: 53 / 53
  • Left Leg: 53 / 53
  • Main Body: 113 / 113
Modifier: -5% movement penalty
Weapons & Attacks
Energy Bolts: 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,000' (2,000' at additional P.P.E. cost)
Battle Fury Blade: 6D6 M.D.; Can activate Battle Fury for 3 minutes, increasing damage to 2D4*10 M.D., attacking twice per APM used (second attack is parried at a -5), and gaining a 100 M.D.C. magical suit of armor.
Flaming Dagger: 2D6 M.D.; lasts 6 minutes per activation.
Constant Effects
Gives the character the ability to hear very faint sounds (light footsteps, small animals breathing). The character can also overhear conversation at a much greater distance than is normally possible. + 1 on initiative.

Can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.

Range: 1,000'; must be starlight or some other light source available. If in a completely blacked out area, a cave for example, nothing will be visible.

The Mystic Knight is impervious to lasers, ion blasts, particle beams, plasma bolts, electricity, fire, heat and radiation.
Magically created energy and ley line storms inflict half damage.
Rune weapons, holy weapons, and most magical weapons of all kinds do full damage. Likewise, ordinary swords, clubs, spears, etc., as well as bullets, arrows, Vibro-Blades, thrown rocks, falls, punches and most kinetic based attacks, do full damage.
Applies to all armor worn as well, as it is both an inherit trait and automatically generated field that surrounds the Mystic Knight.

The Mystic Knight is able to feel whether there is a ley line within the area of their sensing abilities, 30 miles (+10 miles).

The knight will automatically feel the sensation of a Rift opening or closing anywhere within 70 miles (+10 miles) of them. Although they cannot tell exactly where this Rift is, the knight knows if it is near or far and whether it is big or small. Note: When actually on a ley line, the Mystic Knight will know exactly where the Rift is located and can sense one where it is, as long as it is on the ley line or a connecting line.

: The expenditure of magic in the form of a spell, Rifting, or Techno-Wizardy can be felt, if not seen, up to 300' (+100') away. The Mystic Knight will not know the location nor be able to trace it, but they will feel its energy and know that magic is being used in the area of their sensing range. Note: This does not include the use of psionic powers.
Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to themself or somebody near them (within 90'). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All they know is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever their life is in great peril or the life of somebody they greatly care about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.). The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90' or a flash flood is rushing their way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all their I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
  • Range: 90'
  • Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
  • I.S.P.: 2
  • Saving Throw: None.
  • Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses. All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed. +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge, and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [17] = 17 | 69%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 | d%: [30] = 30 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet

  • MDC: 297/297
  • PPE: 13/13
  • Worn:
    • Casual Clothes
    • CP-40 <slung>. Current e-clip: 12/21 shots.
    • 6 spare e-clips
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 25 lbs.
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
  • Increase leap ability by 50%
  • Infrared & thermal masking

Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms


Wilk's Jet Pack
Image
M.D.C.: 20
Crew: One
Power System: Electric
Maximum Speed: 120 mph
Maximum Altitude: 1,200'
Maximum Range: 500 miles
Dimensions: 3' long, 30 lbs.
Book Reference: p.267, R:UE


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 70
  • Arms: 60 each
  • Legs: 80 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 20 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to climb, -20% to other physical skills
Features:
  • All standard Dead Boy EBA features (p.100, WB11)

Book Reference: p.100, WB11


NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Flight Helmet: 35
  • Arms: 9 each
  • Legs: 20 each
  • Main Body: 25

Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: None
Features:
  • Flight helmet includes built-in radio and nightvision goggles

Book Reference: p.77-78, WB33


NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 90

Weight: 21 lbs. for human equivalent, 35 lbs. for giant-sized.
Modifiers: -10% to physical skills
Features:
  • All standard NE environmental armor features (p.35-36, DB8)
    Upgrades and Packages
    • HUD Visor Allows 6 different screens to be viewed without impairing vision.
    • Basic Weapons Package
      • Retractable Energy Blade (Right Forearm)
        • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
      • Garrote Strangle Cord (Left Wrist)
        • Damage: 4D6 (+P.S. Damage Bonus)
      • Plasma Flame Thrower
        • Range: 200' (20' AoE)
        • Damage: 5D6 M.D.
        • Payload: 15 Shots per E-Clip
      • Utility Laser Finger
        • Range: 1,000'
        • Damage: 2D6 M.D.
        • Payload: 20 shots. (Standard E-Clip)
    • Robotic Exoskeleton
      • Robotic P.S. of 25, +4 P.P., +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%
      • Restrained Punch: 6D6, Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D., Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.
    • Built-In N-F20A Force Field
      • M.D.C.: 75
      • Voice Activated
    • Laser Distancer & Targeting
      • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
      • Range 2,000'
    • Optics Enhancements
      • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
      • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
      • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
      • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
      • Light Polarization
    • Mini-Radar/Sonar System
      • Can track up to 12 targets
      • Range: 2 miles
    • Integrated Sensor Pod
      • 360° scanning capability
      • +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
    • Advanced Communication Package
      • Includes: Basic receiver/transmitter, secure cryptological encoding, burst transmission capability, and if the Suit has the HUD Enhancement is capable of sending and receiving text communications
      • Range: 30 miles
    • IFF & Targeting Computer
      • Computerized recognition and identification system similar to the Wilk's PC-2020 Field Identifier System
      • Can Identify up to 6,000 targets with 92% accuracy
    • Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers
      • +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control
    • Identification Package
      • Laser, Holographic, Portable Computer, Programmed with thousands of images of known enemy insignia, uniforms, body armor, weapons, robots, and combat vehicles.
      • Includes: Passive Night Vision Goggles, Portable Language Translator, and a Laser Distancer

Book Reference: p.37-39, DB8

Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
Image
  • Range: 3000'
  • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
  • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
  • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
  • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps


CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Image
  • Range: 2000'
  • Damage:
    • Low-power shot: 3D6
    • Low-power burst: 1D6x10
    • Single shot: 2D6 M.D.
    • Burst: 6D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only
  • Payload:
    • E-Clip: 21 shots
    • LE-Clip: 30 shots
    • E-Canister: adds 60 shots to overall payload
    • Note: 30 low power shots = 1 M.D. shot
  • Weight: 9 lbs.; 4 lbs. for an E-canister
  • Features: Passive nightvision scope (2,000'), laser targeting
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on an aimed shot
  • Book Reference: p.92, WB11


GAW .50 Six Barrel Machine-Gun
Image
  • Range: 8,000'
  • Damage: 2D6x10, or 2D6x100 burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 300, 600 or 1,200 round disintegrating belt or belt fed drum
  • Weight: 85 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.121, Merc Ops

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 33 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Copy Animal Attribute: Monkey ((
    +10% prowl when climbing, +15% palming, pick pockets, and concealment, +5% acrobatics and/or gymnastics, +1 to PP
    , Swing line,
    +2d4(7) PP, +3d4(8) Spd, +1 APM, +3 auto-dodge, +10% skills requiring dexterity and prowess, prowl, gymnastics, climb, etc.
    ,
    +1 parry, +2 dodge, +6 initiative, +15% perception, Estimate distance of sound 90%, Estimate speed and direction of approach 80%, Recognize voice or sound 70%, Imitate voice 60%
    ))

Underguard wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:47 pmDaisuke and Grant then both comment on the need of reliable communication, and Lo Fung nods, looking to Fang Lo again. "Yes, I have dabbled in techno-wizardry and fashioned a form of radio that should work across the continent. It has a magic battery installed, each battery is good for an eight hour period and I will provide spare batteries. Only one radio per group, and I will need them back." Fang Lo explains and unveils a rather unappealing looking
Box radio.jpg
that is rather heavy. She explains it's use and how to swap out batteries, leaving one with each group and four spare (PPE)batteries.
Each battery is good for eight hours. Four spare batteries. Doing the math, we have 40 hours of operation before we will be out of communication with each other. Guess we have our work cut out for us. Daisuke calculates even as Sir Ronith picks up the radio.

"Radios always on. Should anyone encounter particular weaknesses or manage to defeat one of the Horsemen, please be generous with sharing that information. We will do the same." he suggests to the gathering. His words cut with the brevity required during times of urgency.

The Arismal then stands at attention as he patiently waits for the debrief to conclude. His own pressing question having been answered satisfactorily.
Lilith wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:22 amWhen the dragons ask for further questions, Lilith shakes her head. "Time's pretty important here, and I think I'm about as ready as I can be, given the situation." She waits patiently, though, waiting for the rest of the group's thoughts on the matter, ready to head out when given the word.
Daisuke likewise shakes his head at the request for more questions. He also decides to echo his teammates desire to deploy on mission, "For every moment we tarry, we may be sacrificing a life that does not need to be lost."

Once they decide to move, the Arismal falls in with H4H and makes way for their new ride.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 81% vs 1d100: [90] = 90
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [99] = 99
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • See the Invisible, including spirits and Astral Beings
  • Sense Ley Line: 94%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 104%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 160mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1100'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 101/101
  • I.S.P.: 98/98
  • P.P.E.: 710/710
  • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
| 10 PPE| BOM 109 | 11 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only

120 PPE | BOM 140 | 22 Days | 1100 PPE



No first hand knowledge of these horseman. Most like some sort of incarnate force they are the namesake. They are not restricted to Earth, so it's probably these other planets experiences that the little we know has come from. But they've been here before and were defeated or banished, Grant distills down what they know in his mind. He nods in satisfaction that there is at least a magical communication method. He asks, "Can the batteries be recharged like a talisman, where can just focus our will and fill it with mana, can it recharge on a ley line? Or does it require a specific incantation that there isn't time to learn?"

Continuing to check things off in his mind, he comes across an item missing, "We will most likely need a guide who can help us interpret the customs and languages of this land. Along with whatever maps that are available."


...

Back at the Skybunker, he locates Hemlock and Keiko, "I still technology is the answer, but we will need to nullify their magical capabilities. I know a spell that can reduce the destructive power of a weapon (Reality Flux), but I don't think that will be enough. I've recently been subjected to the effects of the Anti-Magic spell and it was quite the humbling experience, and it is one that I do not know. Do either of you? It may be something we can only reliably use once, but if we can take out one quickly perhaps the other three will give up and wait to be summoned again." Seeing the incredulity on their faces, Grant shrugs, "We can hope."

Assuming that both confirm they know the spell, Grant brings in the rest of the team, "I think we should use our superior speed to get ahead of the first horseman, we find out ambush spot and draw the creature to it, a canyon would be good if they have those in Africa. We cast the anti-magic cloud spell to remove the bulk of it's protections and then hit it with all of our technological arsenal. We can discuss more on the way, but I think we just need to get up in the air at this point."

Once they are ready, he provide the navigational data to the robots and commands them to begin the journey northeast.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d100: [5] = 5
Perception: 63% / 1d100: [25] = 25 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 815/815
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 725/725



Energy Sphere: 1500 P.P.E. for 30 days
Heightened Presence Sense: constant 100ft range
Sustain: 15 days




Hemlock asks the gathered folk a couple more questions, "So some of these horsemen are already being delayed. Can you tell which type of horsemen any of them are? The one we're preparing to deal with?"

And, "What are the nastiest animals on this continent one might summon?" And the godling hopefully learns about elephants and rhinos, among other things. The idea warms her as she boards the Skybunker.

Grant Latham wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:03 am Back at the Skybunker, he locates Hemlock and Keiko, "I still technology is the answer, but we will need to nullify their magical capabilities. I know a spell that can reduce the destructive power of a weapon (Reality Flux), but I don't think that will be enough. I've recently been subjected to the effects of the Anti-Magic spell and it was quite the humbling experience, and it is one that I do not know. Do either of you? It may be something we can only reliably use once, but if we can take out one quickly perhaps the other three will give up and wait to be summoned again." Seeing the incredulity on their faces, Grant shrugs, "We can hope."
"Anti-Magic, you say?" she repeats with a thoughtful expression. "My dear Grant, your technological approach has merit, let's see how I might help." She leans against the ship's bulkhead a moment and thinks deeply.

Anti-Magic Cloud and missiles. Still, nothing to stop my own magic... so how to stop the horseman avoiding what is coming? Illusionary forest? Storms? Earthquakes? Ahh... quakes..

"The truth is," she leans forward, her voice showing no hint of exaggeration, "I know most spells there are to know. Including Anti-Magic Cloud, Null Sphere, Dispel Magic Barrier and whatnot. I'm not saying I'm better than you, I've just been around a very long time." A sly grin spreads across her face as an idea strikes her.

"I could conjure up an Anti-Magic Cloud. It would have a radius of some 1500 feet and hopefully negate all magic... except mine." She raises an eyebrow pointedly at Grant, "A well-placed Firequake spell could create a maelstrom of fire and brimstone, an inferno around as large as the Anti-Magic Cloud. The earth trembling, would make it harder to avoid your missiles, with the air thick with sulfur, flames licking at the sky..." She trails off, a playful glint in her eyes. "Imagine the chaos!"

"But of course," she stretches languidly, it's almost alluring and the talk of magic indeed seems to excite her, "for good measure, there's always the Annihilate spell. Matter-antimatter explosions, very nasty if you can't dodge it. Under an Anti-Magic Cloud one cannot even raise a Null Sphere to avoid it, I suppose the Horseman would have to rely on his ability to dodge. Ah, but the ground is shaking, such a pity."

A thoughtful frown creases Hemlock's brow as she ponders other options. "There's alternatives," she continues. "What about their mounts? Perhaps I could use Ensorcel to take control of it, turning it against its rider. I doubt I can affect the mind of a Horsemen with Mindshatter or some other effect, but perhaps the mount is not as well protected."
Grant Latham wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:03 amAssuming that both confirm they know the spell, Grant brings in the rest of the team, "I think we should use our superior speed to get ahead of the first horseman, we find out ambush spot and draw the creature to it, a canyon would be good if they have those in Africa. We cast the anti-magic cloud spell to remove the bulk of it's protections and then hit it with all of our technological arsenal. We can discuss more on the way, but I think we just need to get up in the air at this point."

Once they are ready, he provide the navigational data to the robots and commands them to begin the journey northeast.
"What is the blast radius of these missiles? Would the presence of the cloud make aiming difficult? I hope the cloud wouldn't effectively provide cover for your target."

"How else might a Horseman avoid the missiles I wonder?" She thinks a moment. "I hope they can't turn intangible psionically. Psi will still work under the cloud. An Annihilate spell would still hurt, but the missiles might be ineffective. Or the Horseman might craft an illusionary double, tricking you into revealing your hand on the wrong target. Hmm."

Assuming Hemlock has been told about Elephants, she adds, "We might need a diversion to prove the target is the right one, and to distract the Horseman from our true attack. What about a few of these Elephants? I could even cast Giant upon them to make them larger and more impressive. If the Horseman takes the bait and reveals itself to be the true enemy, fire your missiles."

She winces, "Of course this means the elephants die. Hmm. What if I met the Horseman face to face? We could have a little chat, and when we know the horseman is real, you destroy the area with your missiles." With a wink, she turns herself intangible, and touches Grant's cheek.

"And like this, your missiles won't harm me."

Looking at Keiko and Grant, she shrugs. "Any of these options you like?"

Thinking about what she knows of demonkind, the godling asks herself...
What universal traits in demons ought to be considered? Do they all regenerate? How fast? I suppose we would have to assume these special demons have whatever their kin have, only magnified many times.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 128%: 1d100: [39] = 39 (SUCCESS)
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Zand
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:42 am
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Zand »

Perception: 1d100: [70] = 70 / 29%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [7] = 7

Zand nods "It's true, with dimensional lag one never knows when or if you'll get a good response communicating through dimensions." While silently agreeing with their employer Zand falls back on an old reliable way to soother his nerves, checking his weapons. "Never hurts to make sure you're equipment is ready."

While going over his gear he take a good long look at the others in the room, "It would be disastrous if one of these was secretly working for the enemy and warned the horsemen's handler.

Zand turns his trained critical eye to see if anyone seems to be obviously a plant.
ID Undercover agents: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 60%

If he suspects someone, he'll try to discretely bring the matter to Ronith's attention "That one seems to have ulterior motives"

If he suspects no one he will be content that this gathering of champions is on the up and up and return to the Skybunker to await take off and engagement.
Zand's sheet.

Personal MDC 171/171 PPE 192/192
Crystal Guardian Armor MDC: Unenergized: 125/125
Energized: 225/225
Abilities:Immune to transformation.
HF 12 to things that fear Atlanteans
Other gear of note: Talisman Necklace, Dwarven Katana, Lightblade, Kingdom Come pistol
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Africa: Friday, October 112PA,
Environmental Conditions: Internal Temp; 29*C (76*F), very arid.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No Ley Line or Nexus within range.
[Gathering]

Fang Lo nods towards Grant's question about the radio batteries being recharged. "Yes, a practiced mage such as yourself would be able to recharge the batteries, but it's draining if you don't have access to a Ley Line. Ultimately, you could power it by pouring your own magic into it as well, but that's a last resort. They only connect to each other as programmed. It would take a well practiced techno-wizard to adjust their programming in the field." Fang Lo answers, then looking towards the Chieftain of the Eastern Tribes.

"I know not which Horseman my people are battling at this time. I asked for volunteers, then came here at the request of Lo Fung." The Chieftain answers solemnly, appearing anxious at the comment. The Chieftain tells Hemlock of the various types of wildlife found (buffalo, wildebeest, antelope, lions, honey badger, hyenas, and warthogs) but doesn't mention rhinoceros, elephants or gorillas. If pressed about Rhinoceros, Elephants or Gorillas, the Chieftan expands that most of them have been hunted to near extinction and are extremely rare, if they even still exist. The Chieftan then turns back to one of his attendants and nods forward as a tribal woman steps besides him. "My daughter can be your guide. Inzah." He says and she nods and turns to the Heroes.

One of the Dawn Mercenaries and Granite Knights both acknowledge Daisuke's call to leave radio's on and keep communication open between them. Zand doesn't notice anyone within the Gathering who gives him the sly vibe, much to his relief. The Heroes can feel somewhat relieved that both the other major groups who are helping appear honorable to a fault. Lilith has a brief moment of consideration where she wonders if she should leave, though her conscious and the stake of the realm ultimately win out in her mind.

"We must move quickly if we are to aid my people." Inzah says, and will follow the Heroes to the Skybunker. Fang Lo looks to the Heroes. "Make whatever plans you need, I will join you shortly at your transport to send you to your location." Fang Lo says as the Heroes then depart the Gathering.

[Skybunker]

The Heroes return to their transport and make some plans, discuss what they've discovered and attempt to round out as many rough edges as they can. Grant discusses the use of technology against the Horsemen and the potential use of magic nullifying effects. Hemlock confirms her own magical knowledge, lending some credence to the use of Anti-Magic Cloud or Null Sphear as potential weapons against the Horsemen. Though even with Hemlock's advanced age and magics, she cannot be sure what the Horsemen know or don't know.

Though she can't confirm it, the stories about the Horsemen have been around since as long as she can remember, with no known origin. It is highly likely they predate her. Hemlock is confident that one of the other strengths of the Horsemen is the ability to regenerate, though she is unable to guess exactly how powerful it is. The Horsemen are avatars of destruction, known throughout the deific and demonic realms as beings of malevolence and pure incarnations of their given names. Hemlock can suspect they have an impressive regeneration rate that'll need to be countered or overcome. A missile barrage has merit to catch one of them off guard, especially coupled with nullifying effects. Though they'd need to get close to nullify any magical defenses, which puts whoever is there at risk during the barrage. The thoughts linger in both Grant and Hemlock's mind.

Any of the Heroes that can sense dimensional portals sense two different portals opened, then closed, both from the area of the Gathering. Then, some 10 minutes after the second one closes, Fang Lo approaches from the pyramid. "The other two groups have been sent. It is your turn. Are you ready?" Fang Lo asks. Assuming yes, Fang Lo proceeds to open a portal large enough for the Skybunker to roll through.

[The Great Rift]

The Skybunker ends up landing on the west side of the Great Rift. A giant chasm that extends beyond the horizon in either direction, seeming to be at least 50 miles across in it's shortest and up too 200 miles across at its widest, cutting northeast and southwest like a giant scar on the land with visible signs of volcanic activity within the chasm. [Land Nav, History, Geography or related skills would allow one to guess it is caused by a tectonic plate shift] Fortunately for the Heroes, and Unfortunately for the populations, the Horsemen's last known positions were on the western side of the Great Rift.

North or South of the Heroes reveals a savannah type area [Same rolls above would tell you that the Heroes landed on the northern end of Tanzania, within 100-150 miles of the closest Horseman and about 150 miles south of the Kenya border.]. Inzah points towards the Northwest. "Lake Natron. That is where we must go. My brother led some of our people to ambush the Horseman there. Many of the other tribes are trying to run, not fight. It is not far with you sky machine." Inzah says, pointing with a well designed spear.

What are your intentions?
GM Note: You've landed just outside one's ability to sense the horsemen, which does imply they haven't sensed you.

Ronith:
Grant:
Daisuke:
Keiko:
Hemlock:
Gloriosa:
Lilith:
Zand:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”