Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [46] = 46 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [18] = 18
JiC D100: 1d100: [85] = 85
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [97] = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (25.00 Min, 10 Miles)

ISP: 185/231 ISP



Lahz thanks Fixer and advises that he will keep in touch regarding the new applicant. Lahz will have Skinney the Psi-Stalker searched for anything that might point towards the basis for Hangar attack (remove any weapons/radios), then pointedly have Ray pull 1 of his teeth (and Kit store it). **There, with that in place, I am never going to have trouble tracking this Piece of shit again. Stay silent if you want jackass, but when Vhelds minion gets hold of ya, your freaking memories are going to be an open damn book.**

He listens to Lynch's inquiry about additional info on their prisoner, "Dont have much, but we are going to, soon."

In the company of whoever from the Job Market Cafe is inclined, Lahz and the droids will perp-walk back to the Haunt, through the Gate, and ~100ft onto the lawn (i.e. he is not going inside the Haunt just inside the Wall). En route Lahz will radio Vheld without muting his external speaker "We found our Bomber, he is a Psi-Stalker and reluctant to talk, please bring a Mind-Bond-Capable minion for a Lawn-interrogation. His options are talk voluntarily or have his brain opened via the horrors of a mind bond with an evil immortal creature ... Or maybe we burn out his eyes and begin installing things like bionic lungs linked to a remote ... I am feeling creative." The Psi-Tech speaks for their potential victim to hear though he doesnt really have any intention of operating on the guy because it seems like it would be kind of expensive and time-consuming, but the Spooks have a Reputation and Skinney does not need to know they probably wont operate on him out of spite.

Upon tramping up to the Haunt with 2 Droids, a Psi-Stalker, Queen (?) and Lynch (?), if he sees Hellen, Lahz will cock an eyebrow within his light Power-Armor and look at Lynch, "Yours?" // If an affirmative is received, Lahz shrugs and has the new folks wait by the Gate while he, the senior members, the Droids, Some-minion, and the Psi-Stalker make it 1/2 way up the lawn to question for information.

After they get whatever information they can on who Skinney worked with, and why they were set up as bombing victims again Lahz will, with whomever else wants to go ... take the guy to the Defenders.






Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Repair, then, take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo & Find guys who set off Bomb again
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lynch
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lynch »

**Rolls Held Over**

Lynch nods in approval to Lahz as the walk, "Quite an effective interrogation tool. I must say it would be difficult to hide anything while under that kind of possession." Lynch allows his thought to wander as they walk with their captive. He's definitely different then that last time we met. He never had that cruel streak. Something must have happened...I'll have to broach that subject carefully. Once at the HQ. They're going to want to know my full capabilities anyway.

Lynch chuckles as Hellen is still at the gates, "Well, she's never been very social. But quite handy in a firefight." Lynch turns to Hellen, "Would it kill you to say hi to people when they talk to you love?"
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 10:55am
[Haunt]
Lahz, Mierin, Vheld, Wayne, Lynch

Vheld greets the sharpshooter with his usual intimidating stare and finds that the woman struggles to answer before mumbling "Uhh, wrong house, I think." And then seems to scurry off. Lynch hears a radio call on his private frequency from Hellen in the meantime. "I'm out. You do you." She says and clicks off her radio without further explanation. Lynch can only shrug it off before the antics of what happens before him take hold. Vheld for his part rolls his eyes and returns to the Haunt, dismissing the interaction.

Lynch introduces himself to Wayne and Mierin, the pair having swiftly subdued the target. Before anyone can question what happened, Fixer steps to the bar and simply says "What are we, a showhouse? Back to yer drinks." And on queue, the Cafe's bustle almost returns to a slightly hushed normal. Fixer gives Lahz and the others the Get this guy out of here look. Lahz radio's Vheld and requests the shifter to bring one of his minions for an interrogation. Vheld's lack of immediate response leads Lahz to take the others back to the Haunt for the interrogation to take place. The stalker, for his part, snorts at the threat. Looking to Wayne, the Stalker spits. "You got lucky." He adds referencing the swift take-down. Wayne receives a reminder he is expected to report to the station within five minutes, depending on how fashionably late he thinks he can be. Ronan still hasn't returned.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 5 minutes until Wayne is expected.
I moved you to the Haunt instead so you could interrogate without worrying about Defenders.



Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [15] = 15
PER: 1d100: [40] = 40 vs. 79%

As the strange young woman scurries off, Vheld’s eyes narrow suspiciously as he watches her go. Odd. One wouldn’t expect a covert agent to just announce herself. And if someone is playing a deeper game, why have her just run off? Do they expect me to pursue some random stranger? Eventually, Vheld shrugs. He’s already feeling annoyed and pressed for time with this whole bombing situation, and decides to return to his studies. Back inside, he hears Lahz’s radio transmission and is about to reply when the psi-tech and entourage return to the Haunt, presumably with the prisoner in tow. At the request, Vheld nods and replies ”Simple enough. Take him down to the basement, will you?” Even if Vheld’s minions aren’t in their natural forms in their quarters, the psi-stalker should be able to easily register their supernatural evil. If the prisoner gives any physical reaction, Vheld smiles darkly but either way he proceeds with a little speech. ”Last chance to tell the elf what he wants to know. You can probably tell what you’re dealing with here, so either answer the questions or prepare to have your mind split open like a ripe melon. Then some torture. Whoever you’re involved with, they wrecked Lahz’s pet project, and he’s understandably upset. I might not be as inventive as he is, but I assure you I am more than capable of making you regret your intransigence.” If the psi-stalker spills his guts, Vheld will hold off on doing anything further to him, although he’ll cast words of truth if he feels the need for some extra reassurance of the psi-stalker’s honesty. Otherwise, Vheld will turn to Skarrah. ”Skarrah. This psi-stalker’s mind has answers we want. Dig them out. I don’t care about collateral damage.” Another dark smile.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [80] = 80

"Well, when you get out of jail, we'll determine if it was luck or not. Until then, I've got an appointment to keep. Best of luck."

Wayne heads out of the Haunt and to the Station or wherever it is the Defenders are expecting him.

When he arrives, he introduces himself. "I'm expected. I'm Sir Northblade of the Spook Squad."
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 11:10am
[Haunt]
Lahz, Mierin, Vheld, Lynch

The stalker is dragged down to the Haunt's basement before he has a chance to protest until he is alone with Vheld and his demons. The others in the group able to watch or help, but the shifter not waiting to rend the information needed to clear their names. Vheld finds that his initial tone in dealing with this stalker is enough to inspire some fear in the stalker. For his part, he attempts to retain his composure up until the Raksasha approaches him. Vheld can see the pupils dilate on the man as his breathe hitches. Skarrah now standing directly in front of the man, the demon doesn't give the man a chance to spill.

Skarrah doesn't speak to the stalker, instead reaching out with a single hand. Appearing to gently touch the man's cheek with the back of hers, the Stalker immediately cries out. Skarrah brings her other hand up, letting one long feline finger cross her lips as the stalker's cries are suddenly muted. Should Vheld look at Skarrah's face, the shifter finds his minion appears to be greatly enjoying this. Moments later, Skarrah steps back and a single whimper is heard before the stalker collapses, now unconscious. Skarrah returns to Vheld with both hands clasped as she speaks.

"His name is Mick Rhade. His team consists of one other; a red-haired woman, his leader. Her name is Lovetta Dorgav. They are paid saboteurs from the black market and have no other affiliation. He does not know where the contract came from, only Lovetta has that knowledge and she does not share with him. However, it was a rush job picked up that same day for enough money for them to retire, or so this man was told. The job was to detonate a bomb inside the hangar, the secondary explosions from the ordnance was meant to cover their tracks and lay blame on the group. However, Ronan and Wayne's arrival disrupted that plan, and they detonated early." Skarrah finishes, turning back to look at the unconscious stalker with a wicked grin before turning back to Vheld.

The group now has what happened and why, though not the actual source. Is Lovetta worth hunting down, or is the information Skarrah pulled enough. Anyone can examine the unconscious body of Mick Rhade and would discover a fast pulse, cold sweat and shallow breathe on the crumpled man.

[Precinct One]
Wayne

Wayne walks into the precinct and is greeted by a Defender wearing the sergeant rank who directs him to an interview room. Wayne still hasn't seen Ronan. The room is a typical interview room, complete with a single table, reflective glass window and two chairs. Fortunately for Wayne, it also has a pitcher of water and cups while Wayne waits. Something Wayne notices about the room though is when he stepped inside it, it felt like an added pressure was on him from something. Not uncomfortable, just a tingle. Within a couple minutes of entering, Sgt Harrison follows suit and joins you. She has a datapad with her that she sets down in front of Wayne before pressing a button on it.

"This conversation is being recorded. I will ask you a series of questions, please answer as truthfully and completely as possible. Please start with your registered name?" She begins and will wait for an acknowledgement and answer before continuing. "Please describe what you were doing at 4:45, September 10th. That would be roughly five minutes before the detonation occured." She asks and will allow Wayne to answer before continuing. "Were there any suspicious persons in the area, someone who wasn't supposed to be there or perhaps seemed out of place? Describe them and what you saw, please?" She asks and will wait for the next answer before continuing. "Can you think of any reason why a third party would want to blow up your organizations hangar? Please explain, and add any detail on why or who might want you framed for this." Harrison finishes. Harrison stares down Wayne as he answers, glancing at the datapad a few times based on his answers.



What are you doing?
GM Note:


Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [22] = 22
PER: 1d100: [78] = 78 vs. 79%

Vheld ignores how much his minion is enjoying the interrogation as he stares coldly down at his writhing victim. Maybe we should let him live after this. He can head out into the Warrens and discourage anyone from attacking us ever again. Once Skarrah has finished the mind bond and relayed her report to Vheld, Vheld nods and addresses his minion. ”Good work. You and the others may keep him to play with for now. But do not kill him, nor damage him to the point where he would be incapable of testifying, until I say so. I shall return later.” The shifter then heads upstairs to find Lahz and the others for a quick debrief. He’ll relay Skarrah’s summary to the others, then say ”Does the name Lovetta Dorgav mean anything to any of you? I can try to get a fix on her magically, but having never met the woman it may prove challenging. On the other hand, maybe dumping our prisoner with the Defenders would be enough to get them off of our case. From the sound of how Skarrah left him, he might be ready to confess if it’ll get him away from us.”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lynch
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lynch »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [56] = 56

Current ID: Lynch

Lynch lets Vheld do his work...or more specifically the minions do the work. I like his style. Why lift a finger when there is another who is more qualified to do so. Such an efficient way of extracting information as well. I think I'm going to enjoy working with these people. They should at least know what I'm capable of. After all, Lahz is the one leading them. So there's no reason they shouldn't know what I can do.

Lynch claps his hands together as Vheld gives them the run down of the information extracted from their target, "Such a marvelous way of extracting information. I'm rendered absolutely speechless." Lynch pauses for a moment, "I haven't run across that name before. Might be a question for Wayne when he returns. From what I hear he was at the hanger when it exploded, right?"

Lynch looks at those gathered, "Well Now that we are in a more secure area. I guess it's time you know about my abilities. Lynch looks at Lahz and winks, "We've met before, Lahz." Lynch's voice begins changing into Perdo's "In fact I gifted you a painting when you left the NG Dealership in Escanaba.” Lynch changes his physical features to Pedro, This is my ability. I can change my appearance, voice, and biometrics to anything. Even other people should I have enough information to mimic. I’ve used these abilities to gain access to many places for many employers. Undercover operations are my specialty.” Pedro looks at Lahz and smiles. It’s a smile Lahz has not seen for many years, ”It’s been far too long. I hope your family is well?” Lynch's speech patterns have changed. He now seems like an old friendly neighborhood mechanic.
Pedro III.jpg
Pedro III.jpg (10.97 KiB) Viewed 661 times
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [80] = 80 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [59] = 59
Underguard wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:02 pm Something Wayne notices about the room though is when he stepped inside it, it felt like an added pressure was on him from something. Not uncomfortable, just a tingle.
Huh. I'll have to ask about that. I don't like unknown sensations. I'm the one causing unknown sensations around these parts.

Sgt. Harrison wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:02 pm"This conversation is being recorded. I will ask you a series of questions, please answer as truthfully and completely as possible. Please start with your registered name?"
"Well my friends call me Chip, but you can call me Sir... Northblade. Wayne. The Fifth." He gives a wink and a smile.
Sgt. Harrison wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:02 pm"Please describe what you were doing at 4:45, September 10th. That would be roughly five minutes before the detonation occured."

"Ronan and myself were at our hangar to check in on Lahz as he wasn't responding to our comms. We rode our bikes there... wait... is the Tarantula OK? That was a loaner. Oh man..."
Sgt. Harrison wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:02 pm"Were there any suspicious persons in the area, someone who wasn't supposed to be there or perhaps seemed out of place? Describe them and what you saw, please?"
"There was a big truck out front of the hangar. It had broken down. There was a man there. I didn't get the best look at him but he seemed like he could hold his own. I spent my time talking with his security guard, Lovetta. She had dyed hair and a real way with words. Something went wrong with their truck after he left and it went BOOM. Knocked me on my rear and now here we are."

Sgt. Harrison wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:02 pm"Can you think of any reason why a third party would want to blow up your organizations hangar? Please explain, and add any detail on why or who might want you framed for this."
"Are you kidding? Who doesn't want us dead? We're mercs, honey. We make enemies, not friends. Maybe that monster from the fog dimension sent some assassins, I have no clue."
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [17] = 17 . [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [15] = 15
JiC D100: 1d100: [25] = 25
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [79] = 79

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (25.00 Min, 10 Miles)

ISP: 185/231 ISP


Lahz watches the interrogation solemnly. He contemplates Vheld for a bit then remarks, "I think, his Mind Bond will fade after a time here and then we drop him with the Defenders. I dont want him wandering around with any memories he might have gleaned, and will erase his memory of the Bonding itself ... He will remember his subsequent time in the Haunt though with Skarrah and the others ... I don't recall the name Lovetta Dorgav, but if your minion can telepathically provide me an image, quite frankly with just a physical description I can put together an image and use that to search Merctown for her Psychically... "

Lahz can (via CGI/computer programming) pull together a rough image one way or another. He will check the fellow for any electronics, or recording devices then perform a Mind Wipe [(10 ISP/1D4 days) for a Memory/Event/Knowledge/Skill), Touch] of Mick Rhade once leaving the fellow shackled and ready for Transport.

The Psi-Tech's primary interest is tying off loose ends, and will head up to conference room afterwards.

When Lynch later transforms into Pedro, Lahz's eyes raise for a few moments in recognition of the fellow he knew from happier times, back when he and Aurelia had been newlyweds and before Kaiya had even been born, and after a bit he nods, "Useful. Still have to actually get Passcodes and things, but a nice benefit for infiltration ... Aurelia was gone for a while ... but now she and Kaiya are back. They aren't here though."

"The Defenders have also asked to speak with Me ... so hopefully I can just show up with Rhade in a few hours and hand him off. Let them charge him and close their file so we can be done with it. We have well paying jobs and tasks we need to be about and this is a waste. Even if this was an attempt to delay us on the Train thing, we cannot let it actually be sufficient to distract ..."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 11:20am
[Haunt]
Lahz, Mierin, Vheld, Lynch

Skarrah only offers Vheld a nod as the shifter leaves the prisoner with his minions, Vheld giving them plenty of room to play. Lahz mentions a Mind Bond, though that doesn't seem to be what Skarrah used. Vheld, Lahz, Mierin and Lynch discuss the findings about what he's uncovered. Lahz requests a mental image of Lovetta be sent to him from Skarrah. Lahz can receive a partial mental image from Skarrah and from the description provided can create a fairly accurate picture. She's a red-headed mercenary that never wears actual armor, instead looking like a biker in streetwolf leather gear with a pair of tinted aviators.

Upstairs, Lynch suggests talking to Wayne who was on-site when the explosion occurred about Lovetta, then displays some of his capabilities to reinforce his hiring. Lahz does feel confident that when he heads to the Defender's station with Mick Rhade, one way or another it will help clear them of blame, at the least. The matter now is securely transporting Mick Rhade to Precinct One.

Outside the Haunt
Meg

Meg has been waiting outside the Haunt since the Spook Squad brought Mick Rhade inside. Though Meg has heard of the Haunt in passing, she's never visited the stone tower and finds herself impressed. It sticks out like a sore thumb in the Hub, the only stone tower next to other more modern locations. The entirety is of the compound is gated and the only safe way inside that Meg can rightly determine is through the front gates.

Meg finds herself weighing the decision on continuing to stake out the location or simply go up and ask the Spook Squad. They aren't her enemies, and they are after her target just like she is.

[Precinct One]
Wayne

Sgt Harrison listens to Wayne as he talks, the Defender's straight face makes it hard for Wayne to read her emotions as he tries his hand at flirting. The Sgt offers the slightest of nods towards the two-pane glass as Wayne mentions his name. "When our recovery teams arrived on site, no bikes were visible and more than likely were completely destroyed." Harrison answers regarding his bike.

"This Lovetta. What can you tell me about her? Physical Description, full name, range of capabilities? Spare no details about your encounter with her." Harrison ask and waits for Wayne's answer. "Did you notice anything else before the blast? Anything at all, think carefully?" Harrison asks.


What are you doing?
GM Note:


Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Lithium Meg
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:06 pm

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lithium Meg »

Perception 25% 1d100: [69] = 69
JiC 1d20: [16] = 16
JiC 1d100: [66] = 66

Conditions: Sixth sense,
Image


Perception:
JiC

‘Kill this one, and all the doors you’ve been looking to see open will.’

This is a pretty straightforward message from her bosses concerning Lovetta Dorgav, another low-level Black Market enforcer who decided to draw the ire of every significant player in the Black Market. The bombing of the MercTown airport hit the streets like a typhoon, and the information network went into overdrive to find out what happened. Unlike the Defenders, who had to follow the rules and procedures, informants were woken up, credits were being spent, and before the Defenders sent word to the Spook Squad to come to talk with them, they presented a name to Meg to deal with.

Instead of paying for the privilege of dealing with Lovetta, they offered Meg a chance to pursue her own business ventures outside of the Syndicate. It had been a common complaint of Meg’s to her father about the business opportunities being too limited a knee-caper in the Warrens, with the extra bonus of throwing someone off the roof of a church during their wedding. Her father turns her complaint into a challenge that would see Meg go from a low-level grunt to a full Enforcer with the ability to earn her money however she wants. Meg had a dream, and it involved joining a local merc team to make stupid amounts of money.

Dangerous? Sure.

Fun? From what stories Meg heard from drunken mercs, immensely.

Perched on a weathered bench outside the National Park, Meg's eyes were fixed on the Spook’s headquarters, the Haunt. The Spooks were one step ahead, whisking away Lovette's current boy toy from the JMC and spiriting him off to their secretive lair. If only she had been a fraction quicker, Meg would have had the psi-stalker in her clutches, extracting the information she needed to track down Lovetta. Now, that was not the case, and Meg found herself needing to change plans to accomplish her task.

Break in? Judging from what she could see of the Spook squad's defenses, not only would it erase her but also the queasy stain left on the ground. She was not going back to her contacts to get help; that would ensure she would never leave the fold. Follow them when they left the Haunt to go looking for Lovetta? No, there were too many ways that would go wrong and result in Lovetta getting away or, worse, Meg getting killed. The Spook Squad’s reputation was not unknown to her, and she was not about to tempt fate.

“There’re Mercs, they are all about business.” Meg quirks her grow whimsically. “Let’s try that.

Hopping up from her spot, she walks the gulf from the park entrance to the entrance of the Haunt. Lucky for her, there was an intercom panel at the door, so Meg would not have to shout over the wall like some deranged bum.

Pressing the call button, she looks at her fingernails and changes them to a nice shade of neon red.

(When someone responds).

“Hello, I’m from the office of delinquent young women trying to ruin your life. I heard you are looking for one and so am I. I think we have a mutual interest that can result in a very lucrative solution.”

Okay, she was lying about any monetary compensation, but if Lovetta got paid a lot of money to be this brainless, they could easily find a way to get over it. She stood back, waiting to see what their next move would be.
User avatar
Lynch
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lynch »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [62] = 62

Current ID: Lynch


Pedro nods solemnly at the hesitation in Lahz's voice. Pedro rests a hand on his shoulder like an old friend. Hic voice is soft, gentle and warm, "I'm glad they are doing well now. I hope I can meet Kaiya and see Aurelia again. Such a wonderful person she is I'm sure the little one is amazing. Perhaps I can grace you with a family portrait one day when we have the time." He sounded so sad when talking about the past. Something terrible must have happened. He was much livelier before. Pedro smiles and steps back. a few moments later his features twist and resolve themselves back into Lynch. The posture and attitude is back.

Lynch hears the call from the front gate. He looks around for a second and decide to see who it is. Upon seeing the beauty standing at the gate Lynch leads with his mouth before his filter can really stop him. Charm: 1d100: [7] = 7 /69% "Well, hello gorgeous. You can ruin my life any day you want and twice on Sunday." Lynch winks at her as he walks up to the front gate. "So where you comin' from sweetheart?" Lynch seems to have completely breezed past any mention of her target. Hmm she's not here for a social call. Might just keep this up to keep her off guard. She'll not take me very seriously after this, should lower her guard. I wonder who she is talking about. Not sure if she'll talk details at the front gate, but should get her talking to find out what she wants. She'll move the subject back to what she wants hopefully with more details.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [62] = 62
PER: 1d100: [31] = 31 vs. 79%

Vheld inclines his head to Lynch at the new arrival’s praise. I already like him better than the last one. In response to Lahz, Vheld nods and says ”I have just the thing. One!” He points to one of his invisible entities. ”Take control of this prisoner and follow us.” He points to Rhade. I must say, I originally brought these two on for espionage, but they are quite handy for prisoner transport. To Skarrah, he adds ”Hold an image of the woman in your mind- and nothing else- and allow Lahz to read it off of you.” With that done, Vheld shrugs ”If it wasn’t a mind bond, we have no need to keep him under observation. I suppose we could magically or telepathically verify, but honestly? We don’t keep too many of our secrets in the basement, and that’s all he or Skarrah have seen. Let’s just ditch the ‘stalker and be done with it already.” When Meg rings the buzzer, and Lynch smoothly moves to intercept, Vheld relaxes even further. Finally, someone to do the talking. Definitely like this one better.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lithium Meg
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:06 pm

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lithium Meg »

Keeping previous rolls

Meg did not expect the Spooks to have a mouth talker working for them. She had to admit that the way he introduced that corny line was so smooth that it would have melted most girls on the spot. She would have to be careful with him. At least Meg would give him the courtesy of thinking he was winning her over.

With a demure giggle, she sways her shoulders back and forth, flattered by his bold attention, and says, "Well, I came from the JMC. I was looking for someone, a Mick Rhade. He had information on a woman I'm looking for, Lovetta or something." Seduction 1d100 /82%: [46] = 46

She taps her chin in thought, turning her body slightly to show off how well everything fits her contours.

" Yea, Rhade, Lovetta." She turns her eyes to Lynch, looking him over now. "You can imagine how disappointed I was when I saw your people walking him out. I don't suppose you couldn't get me a few minutes with him?" She left a non-subtle hint there could be there more there in her offer.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [23] = 23 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [3] = 3
JiC D100: 1d100: [46] = 46
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [23] = 23

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 185/231 ISP


Lahz thanks Deuce for the assistance and lets the fellow proceed back to his studies, then packs Rhade (possessed by Vheld's Poltergeist (?)) into the Armored Hum-Vee with Kit as Driver and Ray sitting beside him in the back seat along with instructions to blind the man permanently should he begin to resist (he has no intention of removing Rhade's ability to talk an exonerate them). When the intercom goes off in the garage ...
Meg wrote:Pressing the call button, she looks at her fingernails and changes them to a nice shade of neon red. “Hello, I’m from the office of delinquent young women trying to ruin your life. I heard you are looking for one and so am I. I think we have a mutual interest that can result in a very lucrative solution.”

Okay, she was lying about any monetary compensation, but if Lovetta got paid a lot of money to be this brainless, they could easily find a way to get over it. She stood back, waiting to see what their next move would be.
... Lahz directs the person to wait at the Gate. On the drive down, Lahz will utilize Psionic Seeking on his sketch of Loveta (Rifter 25, -6 ISP, 10.00 Miles, 50.00 Min, 91%: 1d100: [63] = 63 ]) to see if she is within a 10.00 Mile Radius.

When they get to the Gate, Lahz will drop his window to address her. If Lynch is already talking to her, the Psi-Tech remains impassively silent, listens, and tries to size her up: Identify types of Paranormal Creatures 98%: 1d100: [8] = 8 , Tracking via Psychic Scent: 96%: 1d100: [57] = 57 --- [OOC: Does she psychically register in a noticeable way? See Psyscape Pg 30].

**She's not qute as tall as Mierin, but she carries herself with the same ... confidence. A professional? Seems likely ... and another Redhead? I wonder if that is a thing for the Humans** When she asks to question their prisoner, Lahz's eyes harden and narrow but since they are getting rid of him and this woman seems professional he decides to allow the next to expand, "What is your name? If you would like to question Rhade, he is not being particularly talkative at the moment ... It seems we also have business with this Lovetta person."

If she [Meg] declines to climb in, Lahz will direct Kit to drive on to the Precinct. If she [Meg] gets in, Lahz will also wait in case Lynch wants to come, but otherwise proceed the same.
Last edited by Lahz on Sun May 05, 2024 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lynch
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lynch »

**Rolls Held Over**
Lithium Meg wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:46 pm With a demure giggle, she sways her shoulders back and forth, flattered by his bold attention, and says, "Well, I came from the JMC. I was looking for someone, a Mick Rhade. He had information on a woman I'm looking for, Lovetta or something." Seduction 1d100 /82%: [46] = 46

She taps her chin in thought, turning her body slightly to show off how well everything fits her contours.

" Yea, Rhade, Lovetta." She turns her eyes to Lynch, looking him over now. "You can imagine how disappointed I was when I saw your people walking him out. I don't suppose you couldn't get me a few minutes with him?" She left a non-subtle hint there could be there more there in her offer.
Lynch smiles at the girl. Ahhh. She's got such a great smile...But she's a merc for sure. And that gear doesn't really match that face. Lynch places his hand to his chin as if in thought. "Now where have I heard that name before?" Lynch stalls enough for Lahz to drive up to answer the girls questions with the man in the back of the vehicle. Lynch snaps his fingers as Lahz mentions the man in the back, "That's right! He's right there. Found him for you darlin'. Oh havens I forgot to introduce myself haven't I? I'm Lynch. And what lovely name were you graced with, Love?" Lynch gives a smirk to Meg as he motions to the vehicle, " Like My good friend here said poor Rhade is not likely to respond to your inquires. But if you want to join us. I'd love to get to know you better on the way to the Defenders station." Lynch will hold the door and offer his hand for Meg. As he climbs in he gives a subtle wink to Lahz. Hopefully conveying his act. Lynch climbs in after Meg and settles down for the ride. Lynch turns to Meg while in the vehicle, "Got some history with this Lovetta? She get between you and a lover? I couldn't imagine anyone walking away from a girl like you."

Lets see where this goes. If she's going to correct me it will likely have bits of the truth in it. You don't just show up to a place like ours without reason. I wonder why she's really after this woman. I know Lahz want's to clear the Spooks of wrong doing. So it's interesting that a third party is getting drawn into this. I wonder if it could be the employers trying to tie off loose ends?
User avatar
Lithium Meg
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:06 pm

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lithium Meg »

Perception 1d100 /24%: [3] = 3
JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6
JiC: 1d100: [82] = 82

Conditions: Sixth sense,
Image

Lahz wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:52 pm When they get to the Gate, Lahz will drop his window to address her. If Lynch is already talking to her, the Psi-Tech remains impassively silent, listens, and tries to size her up: Identify types of Paranormal Creatures 98%: 1d100: [8] = 8 , Tracking via Psychic Scent: 96%: 1d100: [57] = 57 --- [OOC: Does she psychically register in a noticeable way? See Psyscape Pg 30].

**She's not quite as tall as Mierin, but she carries herself with the same ... confidence. A professional? Seems likely ... and another Redhead? I wonder if that is a thing for the Humans** When she asks to question their prisoner, Lahz's eyes harden and narrow, but since they are getting rid of him and this woman seems professional, he decides to allow the next to expand, "What is your name? If you would like to question Rhade, he is not being particularly talkative at the moment ... It seems we also have business with this Lovetta person."
While Lynch continues his method of polite and flirty interrogation, Lahz has a better perspective on what they are dealing with. Her seductive grace, feminine charm, and manner of comportment all suggest an underlying trait belonging to a predator. Then there are the telltale signs only someone would know to look for, seeing the slight glint of silver iris and her teeth just a touch sharper than a regular human being. Her psychic scent stinks of a creature of magic. What Lahz is they are dealing with a Zenith Moon Wraper in a human guise.

Meg smiles at Lahz and Lynch as they ask for her name, "Lithium Meg, but you can call me Meg, if you like."
Lynch wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:42 am
"That's right! He's right there. Found him for you darlin'. Oh havens I forgot to introduce myself haven't I? I'm Lynch. And what lovely name were you graced with, Love?" Lynch gives a smirk to Meg as he motions to the vehicle, " Like My good friend here said poor Rhade is not likely to respond to your inquires. But if you want to join us. I'd love to get to know you better on the way to the Defenders station." Lynch will hold the door and offer his hand for Meg. As he climbs in he gives a subtle wink to Lahz. Hopefully conveying his act. Lynch climbs in after Meg and settles down for the ride. Lynch turns to Meg while in the vehicle, "Got some history with this Lovetta? She get between you and a lover? I couldn't imagine anyone walking away from a girl like you."
Acceps the offer to climb into the humvee, taking an available spot where she can see everyone. She makes it a point to keep her hands where they can be seen. She observes Rhade, wondering what they did to him to make a psi-stalker so docile; it is not her problem. Now that they are asking her more questions, Meg will answer them and see what to do with the knowledge.

"Love is difficult for me. I'm a working girl after all," Meg smirks, let them make up as they wish, " and why Lovetta is so important to me is because her little stunt at the airport made a lot of people angry with her. Important people who put a lot of time and money into this place. Made peace with the locale law enforcement that antics like this would NOT be happening in their town, and the money... Oh, Lovetta cost those important people money. A significant amount than what they paid to find her sorry behind."

Meg looked at the assembly to see if they had questions, comments, or snide remarks. She continues, "I was the one they called to go find her. In my particular racket, I'm called Milkbones," She waits for the snickering to end or horrified glances as if she could shake such a prestigious merc group, "If you haven't heard the name, that's fine, I'm small leg breaker anyway with a passion for it. What all this means is that Lovetta is on borrowed time, and I really need to find her in order to accomplish the job for my bosses."

Meg makes a flicking motion with a thumb across her throat, indicating what condition her bosses want Lovetta in.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 11:30am
[Prisoner Transport]
Lahz, Mierin, Vheld, Lynch, Meg

Meg and Lynch hit it off in all the wrong ways right off the bat. The spy's suave and charm not coercing the zenith wolf, however the pair are enjoying a bit of verbal flirting as Meg discloses her intention. Vheld prepares the prisoner for transport to the main Defender's Precinct by having One posses the stalker. There is a brief moment of struggle from Mick Rhade as he attempts to fight the possession, but whatever Skarrah actually did seems to have seriously weakened his defenses and he succumbs to the possession.

Lahz readies the Spooks Hum-Vee with the possessed Rhade and Vheld while Lynch and Meg talk near the front gate. As Lahz drives out of the Spooks' garage towards the front gate, he stops for Lynch and Meg. Meg accepts the ride and Lynch offers to help her in, which she doesn't accept. Inside the Hum-Vee, Meg finds herself sitting next to a disoriented and pale-faced Mick Rhade who's eyes are glossy. Mick doesn't acknowledge or say anything to Meg. Lahz takes a moment to attempt psionically seeking Lovetta and does pick up something within the ten mile radius. The sense apparently coming from the airfield, though Lahz also finds that while he can feel her presence nearby, he is having trouble pinpointing it. Lahz then sizes up Meg and determines she has some powerful psychic abilities. Though she looks human, Lahz suspects she is not, though what exactly she is Lahz can't be sure of.

In the Hum-Vee, it is barely a ten minute drive to the Defender's precinct. When the group arrives, they see a pair of Defender hovercraft take off towards a different area of the city. Outside on ground level is a plethora of foot traffic, though none of the Defenders or civilians visible seem to pay the Hum-Vee any mind at the moment. Wayne hasn't reported yet.

[Precinct One]
Wayne

As Wayne continues the interview, Harrison holds up her hand and tilts her head as if listening to something on the radio. "Excuse me, I'll be just a moment. Please help yourself to refreshments on the table." Harrison points to the pitcher of water then exits, leaving Wayne alone in the room for a few minutes.

What are you doing?
GM Note:


Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [25] = 25 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [2] = 2
JiC D100: 1d100: [37] = 37
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [85] = 85

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking -- Loveta (Rifter 25, -6 ISP, 10.00 Miles, 50.00 Min, 91%)

ISP: 185/231 ISP


Lahz turns in his seat to look over the new girl and listen to her explanation, “Nice to meet you Meg. I am Lahz. We are not opposed to Levetta's eventual death, but she has questions to answer about who hired her for that Airport job. We do not have interest in any other information from her.” The Psi-Tech remarks in the hope of conveying, *~We do not care about your important people that Lovetta has upset, and will not inquire into who those people are so there should be no conflict on this point. But killing her immediately is not currently on the table.~*

**I am not calling someone Milkbones. That seems intentionally disgusting and demeaning, and probably unwise. Bones made out of Milk?**

"Lovetta is still local here in Merctown. At present she is ... over there .." Lahz points "... 4, maybe 5 miles it feels like." As Kit pulls the car up to the Precinct Lahz offers a last nod towards Rhade, "No questions? Anything you need to check him for? ... We plan to drop him inside."

If/Once Meg has no further questions, Lahz nods and exits to enter the Precinct with Ray & Rhade approaching the Counter he directs the Entity to leave the Psi_Stalker then turns to the Desk-Officer, "We have apprehended 1 of the Bombers from the Airport."

Lahz mentally checks his Psychic lead on Lovetta [Psionic Seeking -- Loveta (Rifter 25, -6 ISP, 10.00 Miles, 50.00 Min, 91%: 1d100: [11] = 11 ], and once given the go-ahead to leave, will return to the vehicle and point the way.
Last edited by Lahz on Sat May 11, 2024 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [83] = 83

Conditions
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Mierin can’t help but be impressed by Vheld’s interrogation skills. Back in her CS days, Mierin had been considered pretty good at it. But she had to admit she’d have been more effective if she’d had scary looking minions like Vheld. Part of her was wondering if she could learn from him – however, another part of her suspected the cost may not be something she would want to pay.

She silently watches the conversation between the newcomer, Meg and Lynch and Lahz. Milkbone?. Mierin continues to listen as Lahz calls into the Defenders, letting them know they'd found one of the bombers.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Lithium Meg
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:06 pm

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lithium Meg »

Perception: 1d100 /29%: [90] = 90
Jic: 1d20: [8] = 8
JiC: 1d100: [62] = 62


Lahz wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:28 am Lahz turns in his seat to look over the new girl and listen to her explanation, “Nice to meet you Meg. I am Lahz. We are not opposed to Levetta's eventual death, but she has questions to answer about who hired her for that Airport job. We do not have interest in any other information from her.” The Psi-Tech remarks in the hope of conveying, *~We do not care about your important people that Lovetta has upset, and will not inquire into it so there should be no conflict on this point. But killing her immediately is not currently on the table.~*

"Lovetta is still local here in Merctown. At present, she is ... over there .." Lahz points "... 4, maybe 5 miles it feels like." As Kit pulls the car up to the Precinct Lahz offers a last nod towards Rhade, "No questions? Anything you need to check him for? ... We plan to drop him inside."
”I understand priorities,” Meg says, nodding her head. After all, Lovette did try to blow them up on some else orders. Meg was curious to see who it was, too. “I’m your servant till this is done.”

She shakes her head regarding Rhada. Other than amusement when the Defenders drag him down the hall and toss him in a cell, there was very little the man could probably help her with in finding Lovetta. The Spook Squad already did a number on him, and Lahz seems to have a bead on her location using ‘other’ means.

"I’ll stay here while you drop off your toy.”
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [97] = 97
PER: 1d100: [56] = 56 vs. 79%

Vheld brings Sil with but instructs the rest of his minions (save One) to remain at the Haunt. When they arrive at the Defenders, Vheld turns to his minion and says ”Follow Lahz and obey his instructions. Once the Defenders have taken the body into custody and secured it, you are to leave him and return to the Haunt to await my return with the others.” He’ll ignore the new girl save for a cocked eyebrow at her use of the term ‘servant.’ Obsequious- maybe a bit too? Ah well, who cares- if she can pull her weight. Too many new people, too few old ones. After they drop off Rhade, Vheld turns to Lahz and says ”To the airfield then?” Assuming Lahz answers in the affirmative, Vheld will nod and relax until they get close- then he will mount Sil and use her phantom form to exit the vehicle, with the goal of approaching Lovetta from a different angle.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 11:40am
Mierin recalls her days as an Coalition Interrogator as Vheld finishes up with Rhade, the assassin having a strong stomach for this. Mierin thinks fondly of how her interrogations could've gone had she had such intimidating minions at her beck and call. The headhunter is not so quick to roll out the carpet for either Meg or Lynch. Lahz addresses Meg's concerns and Meg dismisses any need of Rhade since Lahz seems to have a partial bead on Lovetta. Finding and capturing her being the Zenith's priority and cooperating with the Spook Squad seems to be helping considerably versus her trying on her own.

Vheld instructs his minions to remain at the Haunt, except Sil and One, with One following Lahz inside as he delivers Rhade to them. As Lahz takes Rhade into the Precinct, he is met by the desk sergeant who summons Harrison. "Seems you've been busy." Harrison states before Lahz drops the discombobulated stalker at her feet. "Secure him as a primary suspect." Harrison commands, pointing to Rhade. One quickly leaves the possessed Rhade and leaves the scene without another look back. When Rhade comes too, he starts weaving from side to side and mumbling words prompting Harrison to snort. "I won't ask what you did to him. Just hope he's still capable of talking. I'll send your friend out and call your group later with more questions. Consider your interview cancelled for now." Harrison confirms with Lahz.

Moments later, Wayne leaves the interview room and rejoins the others. Now outside the Precinct, Vheld recommends heading to the airfield to seek out their target. When Vheld mentions the airfield, Wayne recalls that Lovetta mentioned loving the scene at the Flight Room.

What are your intentions?
GM Note: Any plan?


Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [2] = 2
PER: 1d100: [45] = 45 vs. 79%

Vheld smiles darkly at the Defender. ”He was reluctant to talk, at first. All we did is frighten him though. There might be some temporary psychological instability- I’d verify everything he tells you. But he knows there will be consequences for any further deception, I think.” Waving a cute little bye-bye to Rhade Vheld wastes little time in clearing out and heading back to the others. Now to finish up this little conspiracy or whatever it is and get back to the real work. To Lahz, he simply says ”What now?”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”