The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Susan Lee »

Lucille Davis wrote:**rolls held**
While Susan starts dousing the body with water, Lucy turns to James, and then, recalling his prior actions, decides instead to direct her attention back to Susan. "Um... So, what the hell are we doing with this guy again, Susan? Should I have grabbed napkins??"
Susan looks up from her palm computer, which shows a map of the area.

"Huh? Oh, there's a necromancer approximately... six blocks from here." She points Southwest towards the wall. "If we follow the wall, we should be able to get close without anyone noticing us. Ideally, you can turn the body invisible or cover it in an illusion? Worst case scenario, we'll pretend it's drunk, which should make it the statistically most-common demographic in MercTown."

Susan grins, and then laughs two sharp, Boing-go fueled barks. "Someone killed him and we're going to find out why."

She pauses. "Technology-only people are morons. Always destroy the head."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
Lucille Davis

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Conditions: Armor of Ithan, 30 MDC (Duration: 3 minutes)
Susan Lee wrote:"Huh? Oh, there's a necromancer approximately... six blocks from here." She points Southwest towards the wall. "If we follow the wall, we should be able to get close without anyone noticing us. Ideally, you can turn the body invisible or cover it in an illusion? Worst case scenario, we'll pretend it's drunk, which should make it the statistically most-common demographic in MercTown."
A necromancer - now things were getting exciting. I like how this lady thinks, crazy though she sometimes seems!

Lucy rubs her hands together while giving Susan's question some thought. "Welp, I reckon I've got a trick or two up my sleeve. Might could use my psychic powers to see if I can get his cybernetic parts to move, though that's a long shot. Otherwise, could do a couple of telekinetic tweaks to his system which should get him moving of his 'own' accord. It's not a particularly strong spell, but, Mummu willing, a couple of 'em could get him up and moving." Lucy pauses just for a moment to think. "Otherwise, I guess we could just use a good old fashioned cloak of darkness and hope no one thinks that's all that suspicious - I suppose the twilight around us now should help things there."
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Susan Lee »

ROLLS HELD

Susan shrugs. “I don’t know a lot of specifics about magic, it’s whatever you think is best.”
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Underguard »

To the ease of the group, it doesn't take much convincing for the rest patrons of the Tavern to evacuate at the idea of dealing with the Defenders and a potential shoot-out with an unseen adversary as Megan calls over the public radio chatter to get the Defender's attention. Alexandra reinforces the queue to leave by calling out to everyone else and, barring a few select mercenaries that have deigned to not reveal themselves in lieu of a shooter, everyone evacuates and no one else drops. Jezebel, having been around Merctown for a good while, notes that the Defenders respond rather quickly to such events in order to keep the peace, and will likely arrive within minutes if not sooner; an ambulance, or civilian medical transport will take longer though the Defenders are fully capable of transporting injured persons. Jex then watches her comrades react, while silently trying to determine who the actual threat is.

During the chaos, as Cordelia slips under the table and finds Gaston there, she tactlessly throws herself at Gaston and though her claim of never knowing a man's touch receives an eyeroll, her attempted seductive kiss is met with a kiss from the waiter as thought he two totally forget where they were.

Lucille jumps to aid the fallen man with Susan and does identify that he is mostly human with several cybernetic enhancements, to include a cybernetically enhanced skull with several augmentations, though his torso is mostly humanoid. Susan determines that while there is a bullet wound, it isn't conventional and likely not the actual cause of death; though she can't determine more without performing a full autopsy. Susan does get Lucille to aid in moving the fallen man, though James seems in a state of shock as he watches the two women move the body. After several seconds, he shakes his head and does help move the body out the back door which takes the trio a couple minutes to maneuver through and douse with water. Susan does note the location of a necromancer some distance away, though she notes that considering the chaos on the streets, it'll be difficult to move unnoticed and will take a good while to move a body six blocks through back-alleys; it's then she hears the Defender's Sirens on the other side of the building.

As Jezebel watches the trio move them outside, she hears scuffling below as Cordelia is throwing her cloths off and mounting Gaston underneath the table, though in a moment of pure curling of Cordelia's stomach, all of her alcohol triggers a rather foul retching mid-kiss with the poor man, prompting Jezebel to jump back to avoid the following splatter of vomit as Cordelia is on the verge of passing out from alcohol poisoning. Jezebel also notices that there are two mercenaries in the corner of the room who did not evacuate with the rest, and are instead watching the GIRLS and their reactions. While not suspicious necessarily, they are both armed and do not turn away when Jezebel notices them.

The Defenders Sirens erupt from outside as Jez, Alexandra and Megan price all hear a loudspeaker clearly from the street. "Remaining Patrons of the Tavern! Come out now or stand aside, we have a medical officer on site and are coming inside. Any attempt to run or prevent entry will be deemed hostile!" Jez is aware from experience that the Defenders have multiple Quick-Response Forces on call for skirmishes and problems within city limits.

From the back of the tavern, Susan, Lucille and James hear the loudspeaker call out as well. Susan and Lucille are moderately surprised how quickly they responded.

What're your intentions
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Lucille Davis

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Conditions: Armor of Ithan, 30 MDC (Duration: 6 minutes total minus whatever time has lapsed) [Duration doubled to reflect being 1 mile from nexus]
Jezebel wrote:"Cordelia! Put yourself together! The rest of you, put that corpse back where you found it! The Defenders aren't our adversaries here."
Lucy hears Jez's call to return the body and her eyes slide back to the body on the ground outside the back of the Sphinx and Unicorn. Oh holy Gruumsh, I helped carry a dead body. On day one with this outfit. I doubt daddy would approve, but the whole thing's been sort of invigorating! What have I gotten myself in to? She turns to Susan, "So, I guess we should shelve the whole puppet strings/darkness cloak idea for now..."

Assuming that Susan acquiesces to Jez's order, Lucy helps her carry the body back in. "Sorry boss. We were just trying to get some answers... um... in a perhaps unconventional way?!?"
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Susan frowns when Jez calls out to them. "Apparently we should put the body back inside."

Then she holds the door open for the others to carry it back in and follows them, ignoring whatever chaos is still going on.

It was a really good plan!


When the Defenders arrive, she immediately blurts out to the first one who approaches the body, "Do you have a staff necromancer? They didn't destroy the head."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
Megan Price

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Megan hears the Defenders arrive outside and winces when she hears them on their loudspeaker, taking note that the good doctor had absconded with said dead body. She winces even more when she notices what exactly Cordelia had been attempting to do and what wound up happening instead. "Damn girl, you got a kink or what?" Megan asked with a bemused tone in her voice. On a secure radio channel to Susan, Megan tells her "I would really recommend getting the body back in here where he'd been shot, or at least reasonably close enough that the Defenders couldn't try and blame us with tampering with evidence. I'll see what I can do to delay them as best as I can to try to give you extra time." Raising her hands over her head, Megan looks to Jez and asks "You think there's any chance we'll get out of this without causing too much trouble, all things considered?"

She slowly walked outside, purposely pausing at the entrance to the establishment, trying to speak to the first set of Defenders that she comes across, hoping to slow them down by getting them to take a statement from her. Megan knows there will be too many to stop, but every second she can buy for Susan and the others to make themselves look less guilty would be a bonus. Thankfully Susan and crew wouldn't need to come strait out as Susan could easily use her being a doctor as a cover for why she's still in there, with the other hanger ons still there to provide any assistance they can. They just needed to get the body back to where it was, more or less.

Once she's done giving a statement, that is if any of the Defenders actually stop and take it at that moment, she'll go stand by Jez unless otherwise instructed by the Defenders, only letting her arms down when instructed to do so. She shakes her head in shock and amazement at Susan blurting out about necromancy to the Defenders if she hears it, thinking to herself I really hope Fixer knew what he was doing when he sent me to join G.I.R.L.S.!
Cordelia

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]

Cordelia felt the bulging muscles of the waiter. She felt the sweaty passion rising in her loin. And so suddenly she felt herself spinning out of control. She vomited uncontrollably all over Gaston. Projectile in nature all over his face and chest. She recoils in horror at the sight. Her head is spinning out of control. She continues to gag. As she feels what could be death fall over her, she hears Jezebel scold her. She starts slipping back into her clothes as the mood becomes doom. She starts sobbing. " Oh Im sooo sorry, I didnt mean to puke on you. You must be so upset, I mean Im so upset at myself for ruining your shirt. OOO My god I ruined your shirt. Im sorry." She turns to Jezebel " Please dont be mad at me I will make this better I will be a nun from here on out. Please dont be mad at me." She then sees the defenders in the doorway. Cordelia may have in her drunken state not remembered the dead guy in the room. " OO they're gonna take me to jail." sobbing becomes wailing. "Gaston dont let them take me to jail. I promise I'll be good I dont want to go to jail." Cordelia tries to fix herself and wipe down Gaston with whatever she finds in her hand, her bra, she smears vomit and tears.
Alexandra

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Alexandra »

"Stow any weapons if you're brandishing. No benefit in getting the Defenders' hackles up."

Alexandra makes sure that her small pistol is showing but locked in its holster just incase giving as non threatening look as possible. Makes sure that everyone else is out of the bar before following the last person, stepping to the side to let the Defenders thru. She walks over to the other and raises a eye brow, "Are things always this exciting?"
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Underguard »

Damage Control

Jez takes stock and quickly issues directives to her crew amidst the fluttering chaos. Susan, Lucille and James follow the orders, if not a little begrudgingly, and return the body to its position. Everyone else on the team holsters what weapons they have, or keeps them at the low ready, as Jez moves to open the door. When she opens the doors with her hands raised, she sees two armored squad cars with several Defenders poised and out, using the vehicles as cover as if anticipating a fight. Megan moves to exit with her, and notes the two mercenaries in the corner remain, with their weapons at the low ready, just seemingly observing the interactions.

Jez and Megan do note the Defenders stances relax a bit though their weapons remained trained on the building as a pair of Defenders approach in the recognizable armor. "Sergeant Harrison, Merctown Defenders. We appreciate your cooperation." A feminine voice states from behind helmet. "Get an RAL Team in there now!" She barks to the Defender on her right who nods and looks back. Jez sees two other Defenders drop their positions and move in with medical equipment and a stretcher. Sergeant Harrison turns back to Jez, "Please give me a full account of what happened."

Inside, Susan, Lucille and James are standing near the body as a trio of Defenders move in with weapons up at first, but seeing no immediate threat, drop their weapons. They step over and around Cordelia who is re-situating and her as she begins to sob at their presence and fear of ending up behind bars, is relatively surprised as they move around her. Gaston tries his best to move away from Coredlia as she smears more of the vomit on his clothing with her own and moves to go outside quickly, the face of relative disgust is obvious. Lucille and Susan see the medical equipment being carried by them as well as a stretcher; Susan can figure this to be a on-call recovery team as they move to the body. As two kneel and prepping several pieces of quick-deployment medical equipment that almost makes Susan drop her jaw, she blurts out her question of a necromancer which causes the two kneeling to pause, glance at each other, then to her, then to the Defender standing. They resume working while the third one moves to Susan, Lucille and James. "Not with us. Please give me a full account of what happened."

What're your intentions?
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Susan smiles at the guard. “The dead man came to talk to James,” She points at James.

“Then he started spurting blood out of his chest. James tried to give CPR, but I performed an initial examination and determined that the man was dead. I’m a doctor and have forensic training. Obviously he was killed to stop him from talking to James. I wanted to take the body to a necromancer like on the trid shows. It’s how you solve crimes.”

She pauses. “When you have the forensic necromancer interview the body, can I watch? That would be fascinating.”
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
Lucille Davis

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Lucy takes up position behind Susan, cautiously piping up in support of her team. "Yeah, what she said. Blood, then CPR, then... well, some other stuff..." She finds her memory a bit fuzzy on certain points and let's Jez fill in the gory details of James' actions. "Right. That I think. And yeah, we need to get some answers. To solve the crime. From a necromancer, I guess?"

I really hope this necromancer thing happens. Can't recall seeing necromancy in action before, have I? I wonder how it might work with magitech... are there, like, skulls motifs made from wire and blood fueling the engine?
Megan Price

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Megan suppresses a wince when everyone tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I had been trying to coordinate everyone so that we could minimize the trouble we could have potentially gotten in for disturbing a crime scene. After a moment's reflection, Megan found herself realizing that she wouldn't have respected the others as much if they had lied. She would have worked with them regardless and definitely tolerated them, and possibly still respected some of them in some ways, but not completely. She suddenly realized that this is a group she could see herself staying with for a long time, even after she found out (and possibly freed) her parents, brother, and uncle. It was a good feeling inside of her, like a feeling of home, something that she hadn't felt for a while.

When it was her turn to speak, she told the Defenders everything she could remember. "I was sitting at the table about a seat or two over from the guy the victim rushed in to talk to. The victim sat down quickly at the table in between myself and the guy he had apparently came to see. He started talking before I could catch on what he was talking about and then he was shot. As far as I could tell, I was the first to react and call out that there was a shooter. I ran to the door, cycled my vision settings, and when I couldn't spot a shooter from the door doing that, I ran out to the street to try and climb that building over there where I felt the shooter likely would have been, based on available trajectories and on what I would do. I didn't ensure that I had secured my grapnel before climbing and fell on my back.
Cordelia

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] perception 60%
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]


Cordelia cant really think her words before she speaks them. The vomit and alcohol have effected her to the point of babble. Her head is aching, her mouth tastes of filth and she smells putrid. She pulls herself from under the table and finds a napkin. She blows her nose vigorously. "I dont wanna go to jail, I dont think I should go to jail, being drunk and fondling Gastrons junk shouldnt get me sent to jail. I am sorry for puking on the floor. I will clean that up if I have to." She grabs a drink off the table and takes a long gulp. " Oh that is so good, what is this stuff, can I get some of this to go. May I go? Let me just give Gastron my contact information. Has anyone seen my bra? Did I put it in my bag? Wheres my bag? " Cordelia scurries to grab her belongings and leave.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Underguard »

Not a normal murder, not a normal victim...

Outside
Jezebel, Megan

Jezebel notes that Sergeant Harrison has activated a wrist-mounted computer of some form that seems to be recording her as she speaks, while the Defender nods and keeps her visor forward towards Jez and Megan. After Jez's account, the Defender turns to Megan and listens to her account and interfaces with the computer a couple times, though at the end of her account, the Defender closes the computer and nods. "Alright, thank you for your cooperation. Once the RAL team gives the all-clear, you will be free to go." Harrison states before pausing and Jez can almost hear the radio click in the Defenders helmet before seeing a slight nod as she speaks again to the duo. "Though, please remain within city limits for the time being in case we need to contact you again. Though you do not seem to be the target of this, it has several indicators of an assassination with a long-arm within city limits and the victim has several questionable modifications that would be illegal in other city-states. While not so much here, that coupled with the apparent method of termination constitutes this be treated as a criminal investigation as modified weapons are also now apparently involved."

Inside
Susan, Cordelia, James, Alexandra, Lucille

Inside, Susan and Lucille are completely occupied by the Defender as they give him their accounts of what happened while Cordelia fiddles around looking for her things. She, unfortunately, does not find her bra underneath the table and has a passing thought that Gaston might've taken it with him when he left the bar.

The Defender interfaces with a small device on his wrist that resembles a personal computer while everyone speaks and pauses, glancing at Susan with the reference to the trid shows followed by her question of watching. "We usually do not authorize civilians during such an autopsy during a criminal investigation." He states, then one of the Defenders tending to the body below looks up.

"Sir, this man has several questionable cybernetic modifications, and the wound in question seems to be a plasma shell from a long-arm; likely of Naruni design." He states before turning back to the body to finish what he was doing. The Defender holds up his hand to Susan and Lucille while slightly tilting his head before turning back towards Susan and Lucille. "Did you hear the shot?" The defender questions but regardless of the answer shakes his head. "This has become more complicated, and your chance of being in the autopsy has increased. Remain within city limits for the time being and my sergeant will contact you again should that be authorized." He glances at Cordelia amidst her commentary and adds "So long as the employee does not file assault against you, you have nothing to fear. You may leave now." He states, addressing all of the crew remaining indoors and turns to the two with the body. "Double time, get this body loaded to the RAL vehicle. Go!"

Outside
Jezebel, Megan, Cordelia

Jezebel spots the trio of Defenders walk out, two holding a body secured to a stretcher as they load it up. Cordelia is right behind them, though she doesn't spot Gaston among the onlookers. The larger male defender approaches Harrison and though no words are heard, Jez hears something akin to subvocal communication or whispers almost before Harrison turns to them. "You and your crew are free to go. We may be in touch soon. Again, thank you for your cooperation." Harrison states, then turns to leave with the Defenders.
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Susan processes what the Defenders are saying. "I'm going to get to meet a forensic necromancer! The police in MercTown are the best. Thank you!"

She shakes the Defenders' hands and goes outside to meet Jez. To Jez she says, "Can I press charges against Cordelia for making me watch her vomit?"

After Jez answers, Susan asks, generally, "So where are we going to next? It's still early."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
Megan Price

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Megan watches the Defenders until they are out of sight then turns to Jez and says "I'm not sure how James is mixed up in all of this, but when that guy rushed up to James, but I'm fairly certain I heard him say the name Patricia Lyboc. I don't know if this is just coincidence or if there is any relation, but I think I've heard that last name mentioned in the CS Military, some big wig or some such. This was when I was trying to dig up info on my parents as to if they were still alive or not and hopefully what CS prison they were at." Megan stops speaking for a moment as she closes her eyes against the pain of not having her parents around. Damn it Megan, get it together! Last known information, they were still alive, so there's still some hope, which is a lot more than what some people have! When Megan opened her eyes again, they were a little bit more red than before and slightly more damp, but she kept her breathing steady and even, then started speaking again.

"Should we do some research on this Patricia Lyboc? Being closely associated with James may make us potential targets to whoever is behind this. Some more vulnerable without armor than others." Saying this made her remember that she had a package that was supposed to be ready for pickup soon. What day is it again, today? I just remembered about a set of armor I was supposed to pick up, but I'm not sure if it's ready yet." Megan looked at Cordelia and asked her boss "Should I go ahead and take her back to the hangar to get cleaned up and get some light food in her to help counteract the booze and settle her stomach?"
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Susan Lee »

ROLLS HELD

Susan glances over at Megan. "To my knowledge, Cordelia is biologically mature. As such, she is unlikely to require a babysitter. A cab, though, seems necessary. Or I could give her some kind of stimulant to even her out."

Susan pauses. "I'm a doctor. I can prescribe things."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
Megan Price

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Megan Price »

(Rolls Held)
Susan Lee wrote:Susan glances over at Megan. "To my knowledge, Cordelia is biologically mature. As such, she is unlikely to require a babysitter. A cab, though, seems necessary. Or I could give her some kind of stimulant to even her out."

Susan pauses. "I'm a doctor. I can prescribe things."
Megan cocks an eyebrow up at Susan and says "I'm sorry doc, I had thought you were more involved with a dead body at the moment, and considering Cordelia's inebriation, a babysitter might not be a bad choice. I mean, she has had alcohol before, right? And even if you had not be pre-occupied with a corpse, I wouldn't expect you to haul around pharmaceutical drugs for every occasion for a night out on the town. Either way really doesn't matter to me, but I feel that we should come to a decision fast before she does something in her drunken state that gives the group a bad rep."
Lucille Davis

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Lucy listens intently to the Defender. "Heard a shot? Um... you know, I don't quite recall..." Her hands fidgit a bit. I wonder what this guy's on about? But the questions quickly come to a close and the conversation wraps up. Lucy shakes the Defender's hand after Susan. "Thank you for your time and, uh, and service and all that. And I hope we were helpful!"

As they head outside, Lucy suddenly realizes that she had basically stopped breathing during the interview, and lets out a long sigh. "Gods that was intense, but so worth it if we get to see a necromancer in action!"

Outside, the smell coming off Cordelia starts making Lucy gag a bit. Ugh. "So boss," she says to Jez, "what's the plan? Patricia Lyboc? Bath for Cordelia? Perhaps... both?"
Cordelia

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]

Cordelia fumbles in her stupor to find her gear. Her vision is blurry and her head is fuzzy. She finds her bag and slips into her new forcefield. She stands carefully and stumbles up to the rest of the girls. She transforms into the likeness of Jezebel. She approaches the new members and tries to act stern. "Cordelia is a valuable member of the group and an awesome seasoned vet. She is however smashed, due to no fault of her own. I need one of you to get her into a cab for the hanger. You also need to get her a double bacon cheese burger and chili fries. Stat. She then staggers off toward the door and outside.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Underguard »

The group coalesces to determine their next path and Jez is not ready to let this night die. James and Alexandra go with Cordelia back to their Hanger on the Outskirts after hailing a cab while Jezebel, Susan, Megan and Lucille make their way over to One-Eyed Jacks. James offers a brief salute and says to Jezebel "We'll see you at Jacks when she gets cleaned up."

Continue to One-Eyed Jacks
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Alexandra

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Alexandra »

Cordelia fumbles in her stupor to find her gear. Her vision is blurry and her head is fuzzy. She finds her bag and slips into her new forcefield. She stands carefully and stumbles up to the rest of the girls. She transforms into the likeness of Jezebel. She approaches the new members and tries to act stern. "Cordelia is a valuable member of the group and an awesome seasoned vet. She is however smashed, due to no fault of her own. I need one of you to get her into a cab for the hanger. You also need to get her a double bacon cheese burger and chili fries. Stat. She then staggers off toward the door and outside.
Alexandra walks over to Cordelia giving a soft chuckle and offers an arm for support, "Do you wanna stop for the double bacon cheese burger & chili fries on the way back to the hanger or do you want to get back first and have me bring it back? Sad that this place is probably closed for the night now.... I was really enjoying those strong drinks w/ fruits"

Alexandra looks back at the other girls as the cab pulls up, "The other place you ladies are going to does it have drinks just like this place? I'm still not even buzzed yet lol and wanna continue this round of drinks with you all, I'll be helping Cordelia back to the hanger first, so don't get too sloshed without me"

As the Cab pulls up she helps both James and Cordelia inside, before climbing in herself.


G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Ecks »

Hopping off the hoverbike, Ecks radios base to make sure Mick knew he was invited. "Mich, we're going to meet at the Sphinx and Unicorn if you want to come along since you were with us out in Madhaven.

Ecks walks in with Anna and is pleasantly surprised by the place. Techno-wizards are a comfortable transition for Ecks. Magic is just an alien concept to him. Techno-wizards seem to boil it down to a form that's easier to accept. Most of it he simply has to accept at face value. He may not like it, but he will use it. Either way its better than the Naruni. Informing the server of the size of their party, he'll take a seat wherever directed. Though he didn't bring armor, he keeps his pistol tucked in a holster under his jacket. Taking his sunglasses off, he stows them in a jacket pocket and has a seat.

He waits for the others to arrive, waving them over in turn. He does order a pitcher of beer and a couple appetizers. "So anything interesting happen while we were gone?" he Asks Anna while taking a sip of his beer and waits for others to arrive.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Victor Singer
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Victor Singer »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]% (50% base)
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]


Victor pulls up in his new vehicle and getting out he sees the sign, "Ooooh, the SPHINX and Unicorn...whatever a Sphinx is...", he goes ahead and strips out of his body armor, "No reason to be uncomfortable, besides this place seems pretty safe.", he thinks as he locks up his truck then heads on inside. Once Victor spots Ecks he heads on over to that table, "Hey man, long time no see!" and chuckles at his own joke. "So, I have a bunch of stuff either loaded in the Hummer outside or being delivered to H-Q. I still need to find out what day my classes at the Academy start, but I get the feeling it'll be really soon. Oh, and...", Victor fishes his notebook out of his pocket again and slides it across the table to Ecks. "If we are heading back out to complete that survey for Speakman, I figure between Max's copter, Morning Glory's radar, and my suit having that jetpack we should be able to map a lot faster. Hmm, I wonder if getting a set of those Wilks 3D mapping rigs would help any?".

Victor sits down and relaxes into his seat, ordering a bottle of white rum and a soda while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.
Victor Singer
[ooc=Gear Worn]NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet[/ooc]
User avatar
Selenidaria
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Selenidaria »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:

"Heya guys! Are we waiting until everyone gets here to take orders?" Sel says as she comes through the doors. Once it's time to place an order, Sel tells Gaston "I would like to have a Tyranoburger and a Desert Flower as the side. And I would like to have a glass of Chilled Elven Wine, please?"

During the meal, Sel will ask Ecks "Hey sir, where was it that you helped me find that Medium Robotics Kit that I have in Staci? Wasn't it at Northern Gun? Anyway, where ever it was, do you think they'd be willing to do a return in exchange for the larger model? What I would LOVE to have it the Robotics Lab Kit, but it's out of my price range still at the moment. I don't remember off hand how much the Robotics Shop Kit was, but I'm hoping by doing an exchange it will be more affordable."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 155/155
ISP: 37/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Singer
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Victor Singer »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]% (56% base)
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]

As he sits there listening to the others, Victor mind wanders for a bit. Suddenly sitting up he turns his attention to Ecks, "Oh, I meant to ask you about this earlier. But do you want the Blue Boy I have in storage?". Next he turns to Selenidaria, "Hey Sel, I was wondering about your trade...ya' know, magic machine stuff. Is there a way to make the Prophet silent with your T-W magic? Like, to silence it's movement and such like Mink's 'Reaper'? I don't mean permanently, or even for long stretches of time. But, say 15 or so minutes? I don't know the ins and outs of your trade, so I am just spit balling here.".
Last edited by Victor Singer on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Singer
[ooc=Gear Worn]NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet[/ooc]
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] (88%)
JIC: [dice]1[/dice], [dice]2[/dice]

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 9/18 (x1)

Brianna enters the Sphinx and Unicorn tavern and looks around, searching for the rest of AAPS. Smiling when she sees Ecks, Victor and Sel, she heads over to where they are, carrying a small bag with the stationary and envelopes she had purchased earlier. ”Hey guys!” Brianna greets everyone as she sits down, ”Get your shopping done?” Sitting back, Brianna orders a cheeseburger and french fries and whatever beer is on tap, hoping for an evening to relax.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Selenidaria
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Selenidaria »

(Rolls Held)

"Ugh, I haven't even started. I've got those spell tomes from before we left that I've barely had a chance to pour over. After that I want to dedicate away least some time to studying this pendantthat Isis have me. Victor, exactly how long is that course you're talking going to run?" Sel says in response to Brianna and ending with a question to Victor.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 155/155
ISP: 37/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Singer
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Victor Singer »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna enters the Sphinx and Unicorn tavern and looks around, searching for the rest of AAPS. Smiling when she sees Ecks, Victor and Sel, she heads over to where they are, carrying a small bag with the stationary and envelopes she had purchased earlier. ”Hey guys!” Brianna greets everyone as she sits down, ”Get your shopping done?” Sitting back, Brianna orders a cheeseburger and french fries and whatever beer is on tap, hoping for an evening to relax.
Victor lifts his drink in greeting, "Hey Brianna! Yep, got my shopping done and I think I still have a few hundred thousand left. How about you?", he asks, gesturing towards her bag.
Selenidaria wrote:"Ugh, I haven't even started. I've got those spell tomes from before we left that I've barely had a chance to pour over. After that I want to dedicate away least some time to studying this pendant that Isis have me. Victor, exactly how long is that course you're talking going to run?" Sel says in response to Brianna and ending with a question to Victor.
Turning his attention to Sel, Victor responds with, "Full length course for Demon Hunting is 32 weeks. So, everyone enjoy your vacation!", he grins and takes a drink. "Hey, Sel, how about that magic stuff I asked you about a minute ago? Think you can squeeze in some time to work on any of that over the next couple months?".


{Note for Selenidara: Victor is referring to the previous post I made and questions asked there-in.}
Victor Singer
[ooc=Gear Worn]NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet[/ooc]
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Ecks »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/85%
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]

Ecks greets everyone as they enter. Brianna asks about shopping, which Ecks replies to saying, "Eh, somewhat. It'll do for now. Repairs and mods will be what shopping I've got left for the most part."

Victor mentions his 32 week course. Ecks shakes his head. "Vacation? That's a long time to be down do nothin'. I'm sure we can find some bit jobs around. Gotta keep the lights on you know. I'll see what Speakman's got to say. I might be able to keep Sel busy for a while. Thinking of augmenting the gladius. But we'll see."
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Brianna Clarke »

(rolls held over)
Victor lifts his drink in greeting, "Hey Brianna! Yep, got my shopping done and I think I still have a few hundred thousand left. How about you?", he asks, gesturing towards her bag.
Looking down at her bag, Brianna shrugs. "I've started some shopping, but didn't get much done." she admits. "I've gotten some stationary as a friend of mine sent me a letter so I wanted to write back to him, but that's all I've done so far." Brianna continues, "I wasn't sure if I should get more weapons and, if so, what I should get." Looking at Sel, "I was going to ask you and Mink and Quinn to see if you want to do some clothes shopping together. I always had fun doing that back home with my friends but I wasn't sure if that was a kind of thing any of you would like to do."
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]


Max found his way the the tavern. The mystic quarter is bit out of his liking being a place for magic, but people here dont seem to pay him any mind. He finds his team mates and sits at their table. The decor of the tavern is suitable to his taste. Lots of antlers He takes in the smells. Smells a bit like dad bar back home but cleaner.

"Hey Garson. How about some beer. Whatevers on tap."
He settles in and looks to his leader "So whats in order for next. I just bought a new gun and need some range time to get it set in. Besides that Im ready to get work."

He turns back to the waiter "Yeah. And Ill have whatever you call that thing shes getting" He motions to the burger Selenidaria has ordered.
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.pbprpg.org/forums/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Selenidaria
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Selenidaria »

(Rolls Held)
Victor Singer wrote:Turning his attention to Sel, Victor responds with, "Full length course for Demon Hunting is 32 weeks. So, everyone enjoy your vacation!", he grins and takes a drink. "Hey, Sel, how about that magic stuff I asked you about a minute ago? Think you can squeeze in some time to work on any of that over the next couple months?".


{Note for Selenidara: Victor is referring to the previous post I made and questions asked there-in.}
"What, oh I'm sorry. I had started thinking about it then I got lost for a moment. Silent, you say? Well, there is a spell the negates noise, but I don't already know it so I would have to learn it, and that is going to take some time because it's a mid-tier spell in terms of complexity. But maybe there's a way to work around totally silent. Like say are you making noise because of the suit itself, or because of the weight breaking sticks on the ground and the like? And would you be cool if it only functioned in shadows?" Sel asks Victor.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 155/155
ISP: 37/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Singer
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Victor Singer »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Selenidaria wrote:"What, oh I'm sorry. I had started thinking about it then I got lost for a moment. Silent, you say? Well, there is a spell the negates noise, but I don't already know it so I would have to learn it, and that is going to take some time because it's a mid-tier spell in terms of complexity. But maybe there's a way to work around totally silent. Like say are you making noise because of the suit itself, or because of the weight breaking sticks on the ground and the like? And would you be cool if it only functioned in shadows?" Sel asks Victor.
Victor sits and thinks about it for a minute, "Ok, bear in mind I have no idea how magic works. I was thinking along the lines of quiet like Mink's 'Night Reaper', where you can actually attempt to sneak around in it. I did think about buying one of those suits in order to adapt the system over to the 'Prophet', but I think my suit is just too bulky. So, I figured you might have a magic spell or something to get around that. Er, can you buy magic here in the Quarter?".

Noticing that not only is almost everyone here, but that others have ordered food, Victor flags down a waitress to do the same, "Hiya. So, I'd like the biggest steak you have...from a cow that is. Cooked rare, like if it-still-has-a-pulse-that's-ok-rare. With mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side. Thanks!".
Victor Singer
[ooc=Gear Worn]NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet[/ooc]
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Ecks »

Perception:[dice]0[/dice]/85%
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]

Ecks listens to everyone relaxing and wonders what all is going on back in Ishpeming. The break for near death experiences is a welcome relief but also makes him feel a bit tired. Still, he is happy to get some real food.

Turning to Sel he asks, "So if you have time, I'd like to go over some TW mods to my gladius. My main desire is to give it auxiliary shielding. And I'd sooner trust my life to magic than Naruni junk. But while we're at it, I'd be interested in whatever else could be thrown on it within reason. strength or stealth options. I'll differ to your experience on those things. I just don't want it looking like an antique store exploded."
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] (88%)
JIC: [dice]1[/dice], [dice]2[/dice]

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 9/18 (x1)

Brianna smiles when her food is brought to her. She drinks some of the beer and grins. ”This is exactly what I needed.” As she eats, Brianna starts to compose a reply to Will's letter in her head. A thought occurs to her and she asks Sel, ”Hey, I have kind of a weird magic question for you. Are there communication spells?” Brianna continues, ”Back home, we were able to keep in touch with people on the other side of country with phones or computers and email. I've noticed a lack of such things here – we all talk by radio. Is there maybe a way to enchant something so you could possibly keep in touch with someone when you're not in radio range? Or maybe set up a frequency that people could use to keep in touch and leave messages?” Brianna looks a little nervous as she nibbles on a french fry, hoping she isn't sounding like a complete idiot. ”Or is that a completely ridiculous notion?”
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Ecks »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/85%
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]

Ecks listens to Brianna's question. He had never considered a magic option. Cirene, the first CO of AAPS and a few other magicians who have come and went through the company had brought up more possibilities like these, but when you're from Ishpeming, it isn't your first thought. It's an interesting question.

Turning to Max he continues his questioning.

"Max, so what's your story anyhow? I've never known... well I cool cat like you. Just lookin' for cat nip or you got big plans?" he asks.

((assuming they make it))

He conquers a plate of chili cheese fries and downs his remaining beer to get a refill before the server leaves again. Ecks looks to Minkowski and asks, "So what have you got planned? Are you from Ishpeming? Figured since you were with Speakman you may be from the 'Gun."

After speaking with Mink he keeps the conversation going around the table.


Quinn is not spared awkward questions, regardless of how coherent she may or may not be after having a few drinks. "Obviously as a doctor, you can make solid cash, so why the merc life?"

Before dinner is over, he reminds Victor. "Singer, don't forget to write your folks. I'll be sending a package back home sometime soon myself."

Whenever dinner is done, he invites Anna out for an evening stroll. "Probably won't be exciting without a horde of demons here to eat our bones but figured a change of pace might be alright."
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 78%
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot

John enters, squinting from the afternoon sunlight outside. He looks around for an available booth, makes his way over and, when the server approaches, orders two mugs of their "drug-laced, concentrated alcohol cocktails similar to the one served at the Slaughter House Saloon in Dragcona (OOC: listed in the description for this location in MercTown, original description of the booze Atlants pg. 31), a drink that'll let him catch a buzz.

When the drinks arrive, he takes a long swallow of one, pulls out his computer and brings up the Magic Lore Computer Reference Library. As he browses it for items that can protect him from being possessed, he continues drinking.

Lore: Magic (ID items that protect from possession): [dice]3[/dice] / 91% (86% base +5% from Computer Reference Library)

He then pulls up the listing of local businesses and cross-references the items he's found to that.

Once he's done, John packs up his computer, finishes his drinks, pays, and goes to Mystic Draughts
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 148/148
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 1100'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [85] = 85
Perception: 93% / 1d100: [51] = 51 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 870/870
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 719/719


Cradling a bottle of her own
Water to Wine cast at level 15 for +75% quality.
wine, Hemlock and Keiko arrive at the Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern.

She says to Keiko, "Sphinx and unicorn? Some of my favorite forest friends! I like this place already." She briefly considers using her power to augment her charms, but decides against it. I want friends in this city and a steady income. Let's not grease the wheels with magic. I ought not need to, this is a good offer.

Upon entering, the aroma of the fireplace and fragrant brews met her senses. The carved wood furnishings and roomy rustic decor creating an air of rustic charm. She approaches the bar, her keen eyes slowly taking in the variety of beverages on sale.

On spotting faerie drinks her eyes light up, "Oh my, they even have faerie brews here!" She nods to herself. Oh I really like the look of this place. Let's hope the owner is sensible. And wealthy.


"Greetings, kind barkeep," Hemlock speaks in a voice warm and genuine. She allows her Asgardian accent to show, and makes no attempt to mask her aura to any aura readers who might come along. I am unknown here, but my power is in a way my credential; for better or worse.

"I am a newcomer to this realm, and I hope someone in charge of your inventory would kindly indulge me by sampling a humble offering." With a flourish, she unveils her wine bottle. "This wine, crafted by my own hand, holds a taste of my distant home. Perhaps, if it meets your approval, we could discuss a mutually beneficial arrangement?" With practiced ease, she uncorks the bottle, and a rich, heady aroma fills the air.

It is her hope that her Asgardian magic, far exceeding the strength of earthly mortal casters, shall allow her to create an exclusive, enchanted wine that would earn some income. Perhaps more, perhaps not just a source of income, but also a sense of belonging in this strange new world.

Hemlock leans closer, her smile turning sly. "Be aware, I am no green apprentice who just learned a new cantrip. I am likely the best at this craft you will ever meet." Her voice drops to a conspiratorial whisper, "You should try the wines in the Asgardian wood. Oh and the mead! Its taste capable of calming storms and inspiring heroes."

Once the proprietors of this establishment have had time to consider an offer, Hemlock smiles delightedly and unfolds her Merctown pamphlet.

She presses for victory in a sly voice as smooth as aged mead. "And what is your offer kind sir? How many gallons and how often? Would you like to purchase exclusive rights to it? There are many other wine dealers or establishments I might visit next, but I love this place the most. It reminds me of home."

A wily barkeeper will know this wine will be on the market one way or another. If I sell to another it will be resold here at inflated prices, if sold at all. Far better for them and I to draft exclusive terms right away and be done with it. Besides, it cannot hurt to have a powerful friend frequenting their establishment. All this should work in my favor.


Barter 73%: 1d100: [49] = 49 (SUCCESS)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 95%: 1d100: [22] = 22 (SUCCESS)


And if they send me away, I will simply try another place with better taste.
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /55%
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Active Effects
Hemlock wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:58 pm
She says to Keiko, "Sphinx and unicorn? Some of my favorite forest friends! I like this place already." She briefly considers using her power to augment her charms, but decides against it. I want friends in this city and a steady income. Let's not grease the wheels with magic. I ought not need to, this is a good offer.

Upon entering, the aroma of the fireplace and fragrant brews met her senses. The carved wood furnishings and roomy rustic decor creating an air of rustic charm. She approaches the bar, her keen eyes slowly taking in the variety of beverages on sale.

On spotting faerie drinks her eyes light up, "Oh my, they even have faerie brews here!" She nods to herself. Oh I really like the look of this place. Let's hope the owner is sensible. And wealthy.
Keiko looks over the establishment, "Oh that's a good one. Lets go. I've not actually had the chance to stop here yet...Wait did you say you know a unicorn? I've only ever head of them." Keiko tamps down on her fan girlness a little bit, "Well you do keep the company of a dragon so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I've actually born witness to the hatching of a dragon." Keiko sighs as she looks away for a moment, "I wonder where Ven is now? I hope she's keeping well in Atlantis." Keiko shakes her head and focuses back on the here and now as the conversation shifts to the bar keep.

Keiko watches with interest, She is quite shrewd. Her attitude shifted quickly. Might be this is how she is normally. First impressions usually have the masks we all wear. She seems to know what she's talking about. I'm wondering what kind of wine she's made. Sounds like it was done with a spell. I didn't even know that was a thing. So much magic out there. I wonder if I'll ever be able see it all...egh not likely. I just need the magic that is useful. Damn. She's good. She's got my mouth watering thinking about getting a drink.

Keiko smiles warmly as she watches the interaction. Her tail twitching in excitement, betraying part of her internal thoughts about the conversation. Keiko keeps out of it for now as she doesn't want to derail Hemlock's hard fought negotiations.
Keiko

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Hemlock »

((rolls carried over))

Once negotiations with the tavern owners are concluded, hopefully with some measure of success, Hemlock invites Keiko to sit in a more private booth and discuss a topic that clearly excites her new feline friend. She had been thinking on this on the walk over, and a few ideas have bubbled to the surface of her pool of wicked ideas.
Back at Heroes HQ Keiko said wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:07 pmKeiko gives a sheepish grin to Hemlock, "But Like you my funds are not vast. Several misadventures and we've been in the red lately. I'm sure that's going to turn around, but it's been difficult to acquire needed materials with limited funding. That's why I'm looking at pricing and current shop stock. There is a dwarven smith here, I was thinking of at least acquiring a dwarven battle axe to use as a base to enchant. I'd like it to at least match this sword in it's physical lethality.

....

I have a concept for a TW device that could be fixed in a room that would accelerate time in the room compared to the rest of the world. I'm looking at using the Time Hole spell as it's base. I think I can get 7 to 1 ratio. That would give a shop or someone the ability to use a full workshop for week while only having one day pass to the rest of the world. I'm not a Techno-Wizard so I'll have to get one to work with us to test out and work on the project."[/b] Keiko's words come fast, like she's been holding in her ideas for so long and now she has someone to share them with.
"We can visit your dwarven smith friend next, or visit this magician's guild" the godling grins. "I've been thinking on potential enchantments you might want to try. The city's techno wizards can build things easier than I can myself. My own form of enchanting is a different science we can discuss later."

Hemlock leans back in her tavern chair, the dim light catching on the fiery red strands of her hair. She looks about the boisterous tavern a moment as it hums with activity. Just an old habit, she would prefer not being overheard.

Hemlock, her lips curling into a sly smile, leans in conspiratorially. "What if you imbued a weapon with a measure of spell negation, and perhaps a twist of targeted spell deflection?" She pauses for effect, anticipating a flicker of excitement dance in Keiko's eyes. "I call it the Spellcleaver. Imagine, Keiko, the possibilities! Whack your enemies and their defensive enchantments shatter. Magical wall? No problem. One might be even able to parry incoming spells and bat them off back against their casters."

Then a mischievous glint flickers in Hemlock's green eyes. "Or," she smirks, her voice dropping to a whisper, "we could keep it simple yet... impactful. Imagine, Keiko, a weapon that, upon contact, causes one to levitate helplessly into the air and ..... and ... complete and utter..."

Hemlock, ever the storyteller, pauses for dramatic effect, waiting for Keiko to lean closer in anticipation.

"Loss of bowel control," Hemlock finishes, bursting into evil laughter.

If Hemlock can now afford it, she raises her mug in a toast. "Well, to the possibilities. May they be many and interesting!"

If all is well, Hemlock seeks to depart for the pair's next location.
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Keiko »

**Rolls Held Over**


Keiko lets the negotiations proceed without her interference.

Once they get settled in their booth, Keiko's ears flick forward and her tails swishes in excitement under the table as Hemlock begins talking. Keiko gives a sly smile, "I understand. Somethings are best not said in a public setting. The shop is called "Arms of Yore" it's in the arms bazaar section of the city. It's run by dwarves and their craftsmanship is exceptional." Keiko pauses for a moment, her brow furrowing, as she seems to contemplate something. "It's odd. I know there are several different way to make magic weapons, not the specifics mind you, just the general ideas. Rune and Holy weapons I believe have to have a real soul to be made. As I believe they have independent identities. Alchemy Enchantments are a different kind of magic weapon from techno-wizardy. The sword that Lilith carries is an example of Techno-wizardy, and the axe I carry currently was made using the alchemy enchantments. If memory serves there is a shop here that can make custom enchantment orders."

Keiko mirrors Hemlock as she leans closer, What a pleasant scent. and listens to Hemlock's idea's for magic weapons. Oh. She has a devious mind. I like it! We're going to be best friends. Keiko's eyes are less telling then her ears and tail. Keiko's ears twitch with each word sending vibrations through her auburn hair. Keiko's tail flicks back and forth excitedly, occasionally but softly encountering Hemlocks shins. Keiko smiles in slight embarrassment as she feels her tail hit her new friend, "Sorry. The tail does what it wants sometimes. I love the ideas. I like the barrier negation idea. I would think total negation would be more useful, but..." Keiko trails off as a though occurs to her, "So I have been drawing up plans for an axe that debilitates my opponent. Something along the lines of the sensory deprivation spell, combined with the power of the mute spell. So reduced combat effectiveness and the loss of the ability to speak or make sound. If you had total negation it might undue any negative magic effects we might bestow on them..." Keiko's eyes suddenly light up, "Is that why you spoke of the barrier dispelling spell? You already figured your spell effects into your combat tactics and you didn't want to negate your own spells?" Keiko sits back slightly with a wide playful grin, "And here you said you were rusty. Your mind seems to be as sharp as ever." Keiko gives a slight nod to Hemlock, "Spellcleaver...A fitting name for such a weapon."

Keiko leans in when queued her tail moving again in anticipation. When Hemlock drops the punchline Keiko laugh rings though the booth and the rest of the tavern. She take a moment, in between laughs to squeak out a response, "It would be the ultimate embarrassment. Can you imaging getting shit mixed in a set of EBA?" Keiko laughter returns as her arms hug her stomach. Only the presence of the table is preventing Keiko from being doubled over in laughter. After a moment Keiko wipes her eyes from laughing so hard. "That was great visual. Such clever ways to incorporate spells. I've been lacking in the originality department it seems," Keiko's eyes take on a playful light, "I guess I'll have to get more creative going forward. To date my deigns have been focused around functional combat. I may have to rethink some ideas, because I absolutely love the way you think."

Keiko smiles as the depart the tavern, "So. Arms of Yore first? Need to have something for the TWs to work with, right?"
If all is well Keiko will lead them to Arms of Yore to check out the dwarven weapons.
Keiko

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Hemlock »

((rolls carried over))
Keiko wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:33 am Keiko smiles in slight embarrassment as she feels her tail hit her new friend, "Sorry. The tail does what it wants sometimes. I love the ideas. I like the barrier negation idea. I would think total negation would be more useful, but..." Keiko trails off as a though occurs to her, "So I have been drawing up plans for an axe that debilitates my opponent. Something along the lines of the sensory deprivation spell, combined with the power of the mute spell. So reduced combat effectiveness and the loss of the ability to speak or make sound. If you had total negation it might undue any negative magic effects we might bestow on them..." Keiko's eyes suddenly light up, "Is that why you spoke of the barrier dispelling spell? You already figured your spell effects into your combat tactics and you didn't want to negate your own spells?"
Hemlock chuckles warmly, understanding the unintentional nature of Keiko's tail-swat. "Don't worry about it, friend. Your enthusiasm is infectious and your tail has failed to resist." Her playful tone shifts slightly as she acknowledges Keiko's tactical insight.

"You're right," Hemlock admits, a hint of admiration lacing her voice. "While a full spell negation would be a potent defense, it could indeed render our own enchantments useless. That's precisely why I mentioned the barrier negation. It allows for strategic blocking of enemy spells whilst keeping your own arsenal active. We don't want to be undone by that ridiculous carpet cantrip, or a magical net."

She pauses, taking a thoughtful sip of her ale. "And your idea for the debilitating axe is clever," she continues, her emerald eyes gleaming with genuine respect. "Combining sensory deprivation with muting would effectively disarm and disorient your opponent, leaving them vulnerable. A very cunning strategy, Keiko. Consider using the humble befuddle instead of sensory deprivation. It may be easier to craft and will achieve much the same thing. The more you hit, the less able your foe is at defence. Granted, it is a more gradual scrambling of a foe's mind, but that is very handy indeed if you accidentally nick Ronith in a wild melee."

A wry smile spreads across Hemlock's face at Keiko's sudden realisation. "And yes," she admits with a playful wink, "my tactics do incorporate the potential for friendly magic. A little foresight often goes a long way in the unpredictable game of battle."
Keiko wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:33 amKeiko sits back slightly with a wide playful grin, "And here you said you were rusty. Your mind seems to be as sharp as ever." Keiko gives a slight nod to Hemlock, "Spellcleaver...A fitting name for such a weapon."

Keiko leans in when queued her tail moving again in anticipation. When Hemlock drops the punchline Keiko laugh rings though the booth and the rest of the tavern. She take a moment, in between laughs to squeak out a response, "It would be the ultimate embarrassment. Can you imaging getting shit mixed in a set of EBA?" Keiko laughter returns as her arms hug her stomach. Only the presence of the table is preventing Keiko from being doubled over in laughter. After a moment Keiko wipes her eyes from laughing so hard. "That was great visual. Such clever ways to incorporate spells. I've been lacking in the originality department it seems," Keiko's eyes take on a playful light, "I guess I'll have to get more creative going forward. To date my deigns have been focused around functional combat. I may have to rethink some ideas, because I absolutely love the way you think."

Keiko smiles as the depart the tavern, "So. Arms of Yore first? Need to have something for the TWs to work with, right?"
If all is well Keiko will lead them to Arms of Yore to check out the dwarven weapons.
Ah ha. Rusty and weak! You should see what the likes of Freya are capable of, things I could never hope to do. I am a small Asgardian fish in Odin's ocean of gods. Perhaps this was their intent, so I would eventually be compelled to leave and... well, creative.

"Still, I am rusty it is true," she admits, her voice taking on a slightly wistful tone as she expands on her thought, "and among my more famous kin I am certainly among the weakest. But weakness sharpens the mind I think."

Hemlock leans back in her chair, her gaze momentarily drifting to a flickering candle flame. "Living a thousand or so years teaches you a few things. Where I come from magic dances alongside mischief, one learns to anticipate the unexpected, to be prepared for both friend and foe. And when surrounded by mischievous faeries who delight in playful chaos, well, let's just say it keeps you on your toes."

Her eyes return to Keiko, their playful glint returning. "And hey," she added in a lighthearted tone, "it keeps life interesting, wouldn't you agree?"

Their conversation concluding, Hemlock nods in agreement. "Let us see your dwarven friends then. We can finish that quickly and then on to your mysterious guild and techno wizards!"
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Underguard »

Keiko, Hemlock and Gloriosa all arrive at the Sphinx and Unicorn Tavern. A rather roomy, old fashioned, English-style public house with a tree in the center that reminds Hemlock of the Tree of Life from Asgard. It is decorated in carved wood, paintings and a long, hardwood bar with brass fixtures. Quaint, comfortable even for those who aren't as comfortable in the high speed streets of Merctown.

Hemlock approaches with her own example of brew, the bartender exuding her own magical aura who identifies herself as Tcassa. Tcassa looks over Hemlock, then Keiko and Gloriosa then back to Hemlock. "No one has control over our inventory but myself." She explains, looking at the bottle offered by Hemlock. "You looking to work or deliver, miss..?" Tcassa points at a chance for Hemlock to introduce herself. "Leave a casket, I'll pay you 500cr for it. If it sells well, we can talk about a long term arrangement." Tcassa offers.

The trio are able to retreat to a private booth to consider Tcassa's offer while also discussing plans of their own. It turns out that between Keiko and Hemlock, the pair have ideas befit of nightmares as they head off to their next location, the Collegiate Arcana.
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [72] = 72
Perception: 93% / 1d100: [61] = 61 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 870/870
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 719/719

Underguard wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:32 pm Keiko, Hemlock and Gloriosa all arrive at the Sphinx and Unicorn Tavern. A rather roomy, old fashioned, English-style public house with a tree in the center that reminds Hemlock of the Tree of Life from Asgard. It is decorated in carved wood, paintings and a long, hardwood bar with brass fixtures. Quaint, comfortable even for those who aren't as comfortable in the high speed streets of Merctown.

Hemlock approaches with her own example of brew, the bartender exuding her own magical aura who identifies herself as Tcassa. Tcassa looks over Hemlock, then Keiko and Gloriosa then back to Hemlock. "No one has control over our inventory but myself." She explains, looking at the bottle offered by Hemlock. "You looking to work or deliver, miss..?" Tcassa points at a chance for Hemlock to introduce herself. "Leave a casket, I'll pay you 500cr for it. If it sells well, we can talk about a long term arrangement." Tcassa offers.

The trio are able to retreat to a private booth to consider Tcassa's offer while also discussing plans of their own. It turns out that between Keiko and Hemlock, the pair have ideas befit of nightmares as they head off to their next location, the Collegiate Arcana.

A satisfied smile creeps across Hemlock's lips as Tcassa's words settled in the air. The chance to peddle a little wine, not to mention secure a potential long-term arrangement, is an offer too good to pass up. Besides, the thought of her creation being enjoyed by the patrons of this quaint tavern holds a certain charm.

A good chance too to gain some contacts and friends in this place. Just need to give it time, and perhaps this will become a place to relax among friends.

She looks around the tavern, building connections amongst mortals was relatively new to her. Though if she can forge enduring friendships with fickle mad faerie folk she thought mortals should not be too difficult.

She nods acceptance to Tcassa, "I accept, with thanks."

She pockets her first Earth credits, for a moment wishing they dealt in gold coins. I can't see Gloriosa ever wanting to made a bed out of these credits. But when the troubles come and we deal with it... well, we might be able to purchase something special.

In the kitchens, she conjures up enough quality wine to satisfy Tcassa, and then departs with the others.
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 72% 1d100: [85] = 85
JIC d20: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [12] = 12

Conditions:
Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
Talisman Invincible 200 MD (OFF)
Talisman of Mystic Invisibility
Altess Eviscerator Count Bustamante

Jack arrives and looks for a table that is large enough for the group.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
viewtopic.php?t=14446Jack Killian[/url]
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [77] = 77
Perception: 78% / 1d100: [68] = 68 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 815/815
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 725/725
  • Ley Line Walker Armor by location: Arms 15/15 each, Legs: 25 each, Main Body: 60, Helmet: None



Heightened Presence Sense: constant 100ft range
Sustain: 15 days
See the invisible
Alter Aura: appear as a regular mid-level spellcaster
Enhanced Perception: includes +15% to Perception
Telepathy Superior.


Abilities
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage


Hemlock, disguised with a touch of Alter Aura (-2 ISP) to appear less like a radiant goddess and more like a seasoned adventurer, ambles into the familiar bar.

Her crimson-bladed katana is strapped across her back and her new staff is in hand, atop it is an ornately carved owl. The godling is starting to get used to walking around with it in hand, and being able to have conversations with Cloudjumper, the spirit within the staff, was a welcome change in her life.

It is with a light heart that she pushes through the throng of patrons, weaving her way to the bar, and a wry smile grows upon her lips. She doesn't look particularly threatening, just a short young lady, with wild red hair with hemlock flowers tied in. Her skin is white as snow, unmarked by scars or violence and her eyes are an intense forest green. Glancing at the bartender, she speaks with a hint of amusement.

"A glass of wine good sir, is there any you might recommend?"

Now I do wonder if the wine recommended might be the one I sold here earlier, or if there's a better vinter in this city I ought to be aware of? She listens to the barkeep's reply with great interest.

As she sips her drink, her gaze sweeps across the faces in the room. Were there any familiar figures among the mercenaries, hunters, and ne'er-do-wells who filled the bar?

Enhanced Perception (-10 ISP)

She reaches out to Cloudjumper, the air spirit possessing the carved wooden owl atop her staff. Ever graced a place like this, my feathered friend?. There's a hint of a smirk in her telepathic voice (-10 ISP).

The owl's head seems to swivel ever so slightly, and it might be Hemlock's imagination, but she feels a gentle breeze swirl around her ear. Never, Hemlock, comes Cloudjumper's whispered reply. For some reason ever since possessing the staff, it always smelled of pine needles. It wasn't unpleasant. My domain lies amongst the windswept crags, where the clouds gather and dance with the peaks.

Hemlock nods, enjoying her wine as her gaze drifts across the room. They land on a man with fiery red hair and eyes a curious mix of blue and green. A thick beard and moustache frames his face, and a swirling tattoo of a serpent adorned his right arm.

"Strange indeed," Hemlock mutters aloud, a playful glint in her eye. "This city has a different kind of energy."
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:31 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Tyrannosapiens Rex »

Approaching the bar, Hemlock nods in greeting to the bartender, a burly man with a friendly demeanor. "A glass of wine, good sir," she requests, her voice tinged with amusement. "Is there any you might recommend?"

The bartender's eyes light up with recognition as he pours her a glass of the house specialty, the Crimson Vintage. "For a discerning palate like yours, I'd recommend our Crimson Vintage," he suggests with a smile. "It's a rich, full-bodied wine with subtle notes of blackberry and oak. Sure to please even the most refined tastes. And with intoxicants for whom alcohol simply does nothing. But unlike most- it's not dangerous for mere mortals." It is 60 credits per glass.

Accepting the bartender's suggestion*, Hemlock takes a sip of the Crimson Vintage, savoring its complex flavors as her gaze sweeps across the room. Despite the bustling activity, her keen eyes catch sight of a man with fiery red hair and eyes that seem to hold a world of secrets.

Jack Killian strides into the Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern, his gaze scans the crowded room, seeking out a table large enough to accommodate the Roughnecks. The aroma of hearty meals and the sound of lively chatter fill the air, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.

The bustling atmosphere of the Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern envelops the room, amidst the chatter and clinking of glasses, a group of tattooed bikers occupies a corner booth. Their presence is marked by the distinctive roar of laughter and occasional raucous outbursts that punctuate their conversation.

The bikers' appearance is unmistakable, adorned with intricate tattoos that wind sinuously along their arms and across exposed skin.

Their demeanor is boisterous, their voices carrying above the ambient noise of the tavern as they regale each other with tales of daring escapades and wild adventures.

Occasionally, one of the bikers casts a furtive glance around the room, his gaze lingering on certain individuals with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion. It's clear that they are not merely here for a casual drink, but rather, they seem to be scouting the surroundings with a keen interest, their presence foreshadowing potential conflicts yet to come.

What are you doing?

*A wine menu is available.

(Hemlock, you're welcome to stick around but I called an audible in Out of Character Topics. There's gonna be a bar fight.)
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [87] = 87
Perception: 78% / 1d100: [62] = 62 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 815/815
  • I.S.P.: 246/268
  • M.D.C.: 725/725
  • Ley Line Walker Armor by location: Arms 15/15 each, Legs: 25 each, Main Body: 60, Helmet: None



Heightened Presence Sense: constant 100ft range
Sustain: 15 days
See the invisible
Alter Aura: appear as a regular mid-level spellcaster
Enhanced Perception: includes +15% to Perception
Sixth Sense
Telepathy Superior


Abilities
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage


The blackberry and oak notes in the wine weave a spell of nostalgia around Hemlock. She swirls the ruby liquid in her glass, and an unexpected wave of longing washes over her. The bustle of the tavern's activity fades for a moment, and in her mind she pictures the rustling leaves of the ancient oaks of Asgard. Then she thinks of the faeries that lived in those trees, and the countless crazy nights of home.

She smiles at the memory, and then notices the presence of the tattooed bikers. A glint of curiosity flickers in her emerald eyes as she takes them in.

Look at them in that corner booth. Not much different to the boisterous mead halls of Asgard. Warriors swapping tales of conquest.

However, the intricate tattoos that mark their skin pique her interest more.

Could those be infamous Atlantean magic tattoos? She focuses her senses, trying to pierce discern the form of the tattoos, but perhaps she is too far away to know the truth of it.

She picks up a little of their wild tales and boasts, and a smirk curls her lips.

"These Midgaardians may have fancy tech," she mutters to herself, "but some things never change." The bikers' behavior feels undeniably familiar; a classic recipe for trouble brewing. First will be boasting, then the drinking, eventually fighting and then those still conscious will be vomiting. A snort of laughter escapes her, barely muffled by her wine glass. Hemlock finds it almost comforting, it reminds her of the brawls and rivalries that were a staple of Asgardian life.

Not that I was ever invited to the Mead Halls, being an illegitimate child neither parent fully welcomed. Ah but we're not in Asgard now are we?

An impish idea brightens Hemlock's green eyes. Well if this will be my first spot of barroom trouble, why don't I make the most of it?

She leans towards the bartender with a mischievous grin. "Bartender, my good fellow," she says, her face a picture of innocence, "I believe those gentlemen require a little... refreshment."

Invoke Trust/Intimidate 95%: 1d100: [47] = 47 (SUCCESS)

"Surprise them with a round of the drinks," she instructs, a hint of amusement dancing in her eyes. "Think pink lemonade, cherries on top, with little umbrellas. Send them with my compliments."

The image of a dozen brightly colored drinks with tiny umbrellas, delivered to the table of these hulking tattooed men, sends a wave of mischievous delight through her. She can't wait to see their reactions. While observing the godling discreetly mutters an incantation for "See Aura" (-6 PPE) to learn more. Oh I hope they are Atlanteans!

Dear GM: Yes I know what is coming, I read your 'Achtung!' post with great interest and this is why Hemlock is here. If this is a private party, Hemlock simply walks out of the bar and leaves the Roughnecks to have fun. Over to you :)
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
Post Reply

Return to “The Mystic Quarter”