Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [46] = 46 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [18] = 18
JiC D100: 1d100: [85] = 85
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [97] = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (25.00 Min, 10 Miles)

ISP: 185/231 ISP



Lahz thanks Fixer and advises that he will keep in touch regarding the new applicant. Lahz will have Skinney the Psi-Stalker searched for anything that might point towards the basis for Hangar attack (remove any weapons/radios), then pointedly have Ray pull 1 of his teeth (and Kit store it). **There, with that in place, I am never going to have trouble tracking this Piece of shit again. Stay silent if you want jackass, but when Vhelds minion gets hold of ya, your freaking memories are going to be an open damn book.**

He listens to Lynch's inquiry about additional info on their prisoner, "Dont have much, but we are going to, soon."

In the company of whoever from the Job Market Cafe is inclined, Lahz and the droids will perp-walk back to the Haunt, through the Gate, and ~100ft onto the lawn (i.e. he is not going inside the Haunt just inside the Wall). En route Lahz will radio Vheld without muting his external speaker "We found our Bomber, he is a Psi-Stalker and reluctant to talk, please bring a Mind-Bond-Capable minion for a Lawn-interrogation. His options are talk voluntarily or have his brain opened via the horrors of a mind bond with an evil immortal creature ... Or maybe we burn out his eyes and begin installing things like bionic lungs linked to a remote ... I am feeling creative." The Psi-Tech speaks for their potential victim to hear though he doesnt really have any intention of operating on the guy because it seems like it would be kind of expensive and time-consuming, but the Spooks have a Reputation and Skinney does not need to know they probably wont operate on him out of spite.

Upon tramping up to the Haunt with 2 Droids, a Psi-Stalker, Queen (?) and Lynch (?), if he sees Hellen, Lahz will cock an eyebrow within his light Power-Armor and look at Lynch, "Yours?" // If an affirmative is received, Lahz shrugs and has the new folks wait by the Gate while he, the senior members, the Droids, Some-minion, and the Psi-Stalker make it 1/2 way up the lawn to question for information.

After they get whatever information they can on who Skinney worked with, and why they were set up as bombing victims again Lahz will, with whomever else wants to go ... take the guy to the Defenders.






Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Repair, then, take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo & Find guys who set off Bomb again
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lynch
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lynch »

**Rolls Held Over**

Lynch nods in approval to Lahz as the walk, "Quite an effective interrogation tool. I must say it would be difficult to hide anything while under that kind of possession." Lynch allows his thought to wander as they walk with their captive. He's definitely different then that last time we met. He never had that cruel streak. Something must have happened...I'll have to broach that subject carefully. Once at the HQ. They're going to want to know my full capabilities anyway.

Lynch chuckles as Hellen is still at the gates, "Well, she's never been very social. But quite handy in a firefight." Lynch turns to Hellen, "Would it kill you to say hi to people when they talk to you love?"
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 10:55am
[Haunt]
Lahz, Mierin, Vheld, Wayne, Lynch

Vheld greets the sharpshooter with his usual intimidating stare and finds that the woman struggles to answer before mumbling "Uhh, wrong house, I think." And then seems to scurry off. Lynch hears a radio call on his private frequency from Hellen in the meantime. "I'm out. You do you." She says and clicks off her radio without further explanation. Lynch can only shrug it off before the antics of what happens before him take hold. Vheld for his part rolls his eyes and returns to the Haunt, dismissing the interaction.

Lynch introduces himself to Wayne and Mierin, the pair having swiftly subdued the target. Before anyone can question what happened, Fixer steps to the bar and simply says "What are we, a showhouse? Back to yer drinks." And on queue, the Cafe's bustle almost returns to a slightly hushed normal. Fixer gives Lahz and the others the Get this guy out of here look. Lahz radio's Vheld and requests the shifter to bring one of his minions for an interrogation. Vheld's lack of immediate response leads Lahz to take the others back to the Haunt for the interrogation to take place. The stalker, for his part, snorts at the threat. Looking to Wayne, the Stalker spits. "You got lucky." He adds referencing the swift take-down. Wayne receives a reminder he is expected to report to the station within five minutes, depending on how fashionably late he thinks he can be. Ronan still hasn't returned.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 5 minutes until Wayne is expected.
I moved you to the Haunt instead so you could interrogate without worrying about Defenders.



Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [15] = 15
PER: 1d100: [40] = 40 vs. 79%

As the strange young woman scurries off, Vheld’s eyes narrow suspiciously as he watches her go. Odd. One wouldn’t expect a covert agent to just announce herself. And if someone is playing a deeper game, why have her just run off? Do they expect me to pursue some random stranger? Eventually, Vheld shrugs. He’s already feeling annoyed and pressed for time with this whole bombing situation, and decides to return to his studies. Back inside, he hears Lahz’s radio transmission and is about to reply when the psi-tech and entourage return to the Haunt, presumably with the prisoner in tow. At the request, Vheld nods and replies ”Simple enough. Take him down to the basement, will you?” Even if Vheld’s minions aren’t in their natural forms in their quarters, the psi-stalker should be able to easily register their supernatural evil. If the prisoner gives any physical reaction, Vheld smiles darkly but either way he proceeds with a little speech. ”Last chance to tell the elf what he wants to know. You can probably tell what you’re dealing with here, so either answer the questions or prepare to have your mind split open like a ripe melon. Then some torture. Whoever you’re involved with, they wrecked Lahz’s pet project, and he’s understandably upset. I might not be as inventive as he is, but I assure you I am more than capable of making you regret your intransigence.” If the psi-stalker spills his guts, Vheld will hold off on doing anything further to him, although he’ll cast words of truth if he feels the need for some extra reassurance of the psi-stalker’s honesty. Otherwise, Vheld will turn to Skarrah. ”Skarrah. This psi-stalker’s mind has answers we want. Dig them out. I don’t care about collateral damage.” Another dark smile.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [80] = 80

"Well, when you get out of jail, we'll determine if it was luck or not. Until then, I've got an appointment to keep. Best of luck."

Wayne heads out of the Haunt and to the Station or wherever it is the Defenders are expecting him.

When he arrives, he introduces himself. "I'm expected. I'm Sir Northblade of the Spook Squad."
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 11:10am
[Haunt]
Lahz, Mierin, Vheld, Lynch

The stalker is dragged down to the Haunt's basement before he has a chance to protest until he is alone with Vheld and his demons. The others in the group able to watch or help, but the shifter not waiting to rend the information needed to clear their names. Vheld finds that his initial tone in dealing with this stalker is enough to inspire some fear in the stalker. For his part, he attempts to retain his composure up until the Raksasha approaches him. Vheld can see the pupils dilate on the man as his breathe hitches. Skarrah now standing directly in front of the man, the demon doesn't give the man a chance to spill.

Skarrah doesn't speak to the stalker, instead reaching out with a single hand. Appearing to gently touch the man's cheek with the back of hers, the Stalker immediately cries out. Skarrah brings her other hand up, letting one long feline finger cross her lips as the stalker's cries are suddenly muted. Should Vheld look at Skarrah's face, the shifter finds his minion appears to be greatly enjoying this. Moments later, Skarrah steps back and a single whimper is heard before the stalker collapses, now unconscious. Skarrah returns to Vheld with both hands clasped as she speaks.

"His name is Mick Rhade. His team consists of one other; a red-haired woman, his leader. Her name is Lovetta Dorgav. They are paid saboteurs from the black market and have no other affiliation. He does not know where the contract came from, only Lovetta has that knowledge and she does not share with him. However, it was a rush job picked up that same day for enough money for them to retire, or so this man was told. The job was to detonate a bomb inside the hangar, the secondary explosions from the ordnance was meant to cover their tracks and lay blame on the group. However, Ronan and Wayne's arrival disrupted that plan, and they detonated early." Skarrah finishes, turning back to look at the unconscious stalker with a wicked grin before turning back to Vheld.

The group now has what happened and why, though not the actual source. Is Lovetta worth hunting down, or is the information Skarrah pulled enough. Anyone can examine the unconscious body of Mick Rhade and would discover a fast pulse, cold sweat and shallow breathe on the crumpled man.

[Precinct One]
Wayne

Wayne walks into the precinct and is greeted by a Defender wearing the sergeant rank who directs him to an interview room. Wayne still hasn't seen Ronan. The room is a typical interview room, complete with a single table, reflective glass window and two chairs. Fortunately for Wayne, it also has a pitcher of water and cups while Wayne waits. Something Wayne notices about the room though is when he stepped inside it, it felt like an added pressure was on him from something. Not uncomfortable, just a tingle. Within a couple minutes of entering, Sgt Harrison follows suit and joins you. She has a datapad with her that she sets down in front of Wayne before pressing a button on it.

"This conversation is being recorded. I will ask you a series of questions, please answer as truthfully and completely as possible. Please start with your registered name?" She begins and will wait for an acknowledgement and answer before continuing. "Please describe what you were doing at 4:45, September 10th. That would be roughly five minutes before the detonation occured." She asks and will allow Wayne to answer before continuing. "Were there any suspicious persons in the area, someone who wasn't supposed to be there or perhaps seemed out of place? Describe them and what you saw, please?" She asks and will wait for the next answer before continuing. "Can you think of any reason why a third party would want to blow up your organizations hangar? Please explain, and add any detail on why or who might want you framed for this." Harrison finishes. Harrison stares down Wayne as he answers, glancing at the datapad a few times based on his answers.



What are you doing?
GM Note:


Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”