[GA] Consequences

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 /52%
Just in Case: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 249/249
Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
Weapons & Armor
Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
Integrated Force Field: 75/75
Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
Phase Sword
Ripper Bayonet
A Variety of explosives.


Ghast pays for the antique watch and makes his way back to the ship. Once there, Ghast finds himself sitting in the common area staring at the time piece, meditating on the situation. Whether this works or not, we need to try. It's likely gonna bite us in the ass. We'll be fine, we just need to fight time itself. Well that isn't very comforting. Ghast thinks as he continues to try and find some semblance of inner peace.
“We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
Ghast
User avatar
Elvin
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Elvin »

((rolls carried))
Metri wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 pm ”Mystery guest… Sense your shadowy presence in the air vents I do. A decision you must now make. Yesss. Reveal yourself and explain. Or outside the DSM, see yourself, hmm?”
A mental chuckle vibrates in Elvin's mind. It is Klepp, of course. Well, well, well. Klep snickers. Looks like someone finally got caught with their metaphorical hand in the cookie jar.

Elvin, who was trying to relax in the air duct, bristles momentarily at Metri's announcement. Being discovered so quickly was an irritation to be sure, but it presented other options for the slippery faerie. Elvin, the King of Thieves and Sultan of Slyness, wasn't about to be unglued by a little setback.

Alright then. Think, think, think. Denial is out, vanishing act is out… what about…

A slow grin spreads across his face, one of a predator scenting an opportunity. He activates
Range: Self.
Duration: 5 minutes / level.
I.S.P.: 10
* From Rifter 25
Similar to, but more extensive than Mind Block, this power helps protect the psychic from psionic attacks. Resist Psionics disrupts all psionic energy in and around the psychic. This psionic disruption also means that the character cannot activate any of his own powers, and any that were active are immediately cancelled. While this power is active, the character's aura cannot be read, all Empathy and Telepathy is prevented, all damage from psionic attacks is halved, all effects of psionics are halved, the duration of psionics affecting the character is halved, and the character is +3 to save vs all psionic attacks. While the psychic is using this power, anyone trying to track him with any type of psionic power will be at -30% and will only be able to sense him from half the normal distance. This protection will block and reduce all helpful psionics, as well. If the character was already under the influence of a psionic power when he activates Resist Psionics he gets to roll to save against that psionic power again. If he saves the second time, then the duration and effects are both reduced by half.
and begins his machinations.

"Ahem," he calls out through the duct, his voice adopting a posh, butler-like tone, "I am perfectly content to remain here, it is, shall we say, highly irregular, sir, for a one of my kind to reveal himself to a ship's owners. Aren't you sure I can't stay relegated to the ventilation system? It is the traditional approach you know."

If Metri or others object he adds, "Traditionally, you see," he adds, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "a Space Brownie prefers to, ahem, conduct our… housekeeping… while our esteemed hosts are slumbering."

If there are continued objections, he affects a sigh. "You've nothing to fear, I'll be a silent shadow, flitting about my duties and promise to be done each day before you awaken. No mess, no fuss, just things running along a tad smoother. Just pretend you never noticed me, it happens more easily than you might think."

A mischievous glint flickers in his eyes as he listens to any responses. He is, of course, channeling brownie legends, those mischievous faerie kin of his who supposedly helped with chores around a home. Although, Elvin is indeed a faerie, the sorts of 'cleaning' he affected whilst folk slept were somewhat more larcenous in nature. Still, it's not a lie really. However this fellow sensed me, he can probably sense lies also, so all one needs to do it be creative with the truth.

No doubt the crew will insist on Elvin revealing himself, so he affects a reluctantly toned "Very well." and promptly opens a doorway though whatever the metal walls and bulkheads lie between him, Metri, and possibly some slightly bewildered Galactic Adventurers.

Elvin passes through a doorway in the wall with a flourish, complete with a dramatic bow that would make any court jester proud. Gone were the shadows; he is in solid form and not revealing that particular ace up his sleeve. He is small, smaller than even Metri, standing at a mere 12 inches in height. His iridescent, butterfly-like wings shimmer with every movement. Complementing this is his exquisitely tailored jacket, a riot of colors that seem to defy physics, giving the faerie a rather outlandish look.

"Greetings, good sirs!" Elvin chirps, his voice laced with an exaggerated politeness. "I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie." He gestures at himself with a flourish of his wing, then spins about slowly. His multicolored jacket catches the light like a disco ball in a nebula.

"Ah, but where are my manners?" he stops, his voice adopting a theatrical air. "You, dear sir, seem blissfully unaware of the ways of Space Brownies! Allow me to elucidate."

He clears his throat theatrically and holds up a tiny finger for each point solemnly described.

"First and foremost," he declares, "a Space Brownie respects their adopted home! No sleeping in the hallways or getting in the way. Air vents are perfectly fine for someone of my size."

"Second," he continues, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "discretion is key! Any talk about Mort Fingerling or just how wanted you are in the galaxy is something I don't plan on passing along."

"Third," he proclaims, puffing out his little chest, "a Space Brownie is a master of remaining unseen! Now you see them, now you don't. It won't do to be in the way of a generous host."

"Fourth," he chirps, fluttering his wings excitedly, "we are champions of efficiency! Dishes mysteriously are clean by morning, laundry folded with a certain… flair… those pants will have proper creases!" Elvin eyeballs anyone with poorly ironed pants at this moment.

"Fifth," he declares in a fierce little voice, "a Space Brownie defends their home fiercely!" A dagger appears from up his sleeve and is in his hand in an instant. A moment later it vanishes again.

He winks. "Sixth," he continues, his voice dropping back to a whisper, "silence is golden! No singing, almost no pranks, just a peaceful presence lurking in the shadows until you find your bed."

"Seventh," he announces with twinkling eyes, "gratitude is a virtue! Some brownies enjoy a plate of cookies left on a counter, or a cup of tea. At least that's how it was a few thousand years ago. Nowadays some accept Universal Cred-Sticks. I must admit the last few centuries have been a whirlwind of change. Almost no one remembers the old days now." He involuntarily sighs wistfully, and finds himself trying not to think of his actual home from ages past. It doesn't do to dwell in the past, what's gone is gone.

"Eight," he chirps, mastering himself quickly and adopting a serious tone, "we are immortal creatures and have picked up a number of things over the years. A little lawyer work here, a touch of research there – we keep things from becoming too predictable, too… dull. When you have eternity a little side hustle work pays dividends on the spirit. I've even worked as an information broker in places like this one."

"Ninth," he declares, his tiny hand making a chopping motion, "a Space Brownie gets vacations. I'll let you know when they are due."

"And finally, the tenth and most important rule," he states, "a Space Brownie always has the crew's best interests at heart! In exchange for a home we make your space-faring lives a little bit easier."

Elvin finishes his grand pronouncements with a flourish, and his wings shimmer like a miniature rainbow. He pictures the snippets of conversation he'd overheard while on board – the crew's hunt for information about Mort Fingerling, the excessive precautions taken by Talon on an isolated network in the ship's storage wing, their need to avoid detection in visiting shady ports with as the one they were in this very minute.

Seems to me these folk need me. There's a lot I can do here I think. I've just given them a mountain of reasons to stay on board to assist with finding this Fingerling fellow. Elvin looks distastefully around the room, eyeballing the grime and general untidiness to be seen everywhere. "Much to do here tonight it seems."

He takes a step to the wall, "If there's nothing else, I'll be in the ventilation ducts until the 'traditional time' for appearances. Please don't tell the others I broke tradition like this, I'll never hear the end of it."


Just before vanishing into a wall, he turns to Metri suddenly, "Actually, how DID you notice me?" He raises a miniature little eyebrow. Now that is an interesting question.
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 | 27%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [54] = 54

Post
Draggor makes way back to the ship, pleased that nobody attempted enemy action against them, yet mildly frustrated to not have anything more to contribute. We are not Juan, we don't have The Wanderer's gift. Need more practice. Ask about his sauce! Comfort emerges that the creature, Juan, and others of the crew can at least fill in back story for Talon, and once done, they retreat back to their quarters to engage in meditation practice. After all, it eventually got the alien reading again, what else can it unlock?

Each time Draggor practices, the sting, no, sear, of increasingly vivid visions of past lives gives way to actually experiencing them: not just an interruption or distraction, but as close to recall as the creature has gotten, on this life anyway. The eons of their home are never far, and the extremes of violence and effective nothingness sandwich vibrant glimpses of memories of time spent in the Three Galaxies. Across many lives, recurring images of the alien's hand reaching out in front of a wall appear, only for it to fade to red and jump somewhere else. Then one time, the image holds, and something is about to happen...
Elvin wrote: "Greetings, good sirs!" Elvin chirps, his voice laced with an exaggerated politeness. "I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie." He gestures at himself with a flourish of his wing, then spins about slowly. His multicolored jacket catches the light like a disco ball in a nebula.
Draggor sighs, "We're forgetting something important..." they say to themselves in light of the latest interruption. Emerging from their quarters, wearing just enough to be modest, the creature gathers among Metri and the other crew, opposite of someone very new, and very small, on the ship. One of these days an enemy will do this. Datephus seems to have more sense than that. Misfit central, this ship. This introduction, or rather, performance, amuses the alien. Why couldn't you be this colorful when you walked on this ship the first time? More guns were around. Fair.
Elvin wrote: "Second," he continues, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "discretion is key! Any talk about Mort Fingerling or just how wanted you are in the galaxy is something I don't plan on passing along."
Eyes flash brightly but for a moment. Draggor's attention hyperfocuses on this new being. What should be requests feel like a broadcast of rules, tiptoeing on blackmail.
Elvin wrote: "Eight," he chirps, mastering himself quickly and adopting a serious tone, "we are immortal creatures and have picked up a number of things over the years. A little lawyer work here, a touch of research there – we keep things from becoming too predictable, too… dull. When you have eternity a little side hustle work pays dividends on the spirit. I've even worked as an information broker in places like this one."
I have to ask! Go ahead, they already know we're wanted. When there is an appropriate break, Draggor takes a step forward. "We, I am Draggor. Also old. Met one of us before?" Might want to clarify... "Not a deevil." Someday you'll have a smooth introduction again. If an exchange is happening, and they are associating with us, then they are about to be as wanted as us. They will help.
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Elvin
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Elvin »

Elvin wrote: "Eight," he chirps, mastering himself quickly and adopting a serious tone, "we are immortal creatures and have picked up a number of things over the years. A little lawyer work here, a touch of research there – we keep things from becoming too predictable, too… dull. When you have eternity a little side hustle work pays dividends on the spirit. I've even worked as an information broker in places like this one."
Draggor wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:25 pm "We, I am Draggor. Also old. Met one of us before? Not a deevil."
Elvin, gives Draggor a second look, his eyes roaming across the colossal alien's imposing frame. Out of habit he also looks for any interesting pockets that might warrant later examination.

"Draggor, eh?" he asks, his voice is laced with a carefully measured dose of respect. "A most… distinguished name." He pauses, showing a moment of deep concentration while casting a mental search long memory.

"Met one of your kind before, have I?" he muses, tapping his chin with a delicate finger. "Hmm, you have some kind of memory loss?"

A giant, immortal killing machine… not the sort I've ever spent quality time with. Possibilities flicker through his mind, of past adventures and forgotten encounters. His shadow homeworld.. Is there a connection?

Performance 54%: 1d100: [11] = 11 --> all this probably requires a performance roll, heh
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 49%: 1d100: [96] = 96 --> anything like Draggor ever met before?

"I don't think so," Elvin answers, he decides to lace his voice with a hint of uncertainty.
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [77] = 0
JiC 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [97] = 97

Armor
Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
White tank top
Cargo shorts

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

Walking away from Talon's clue room, Juan decides to do some of his own 'independent research'. He is the type of deity to 'just ask questions' and find the hottest takes of answers on the ultranet. If we really want to learn more about a death cult, there is no better source than Rate-A-Deity. He starts scrolling through his HPC and eventually finds a number of ratings for the Kronish Religious Tradition.

Sn3akHe@d wrote:Architect of the Darkness
Kronish Religious Tradition
6 out of 10
I look forward to the day when the Great Plan is complete and we can give our souls to serve fuel The Great Machine, but why do we have spend so much money on designer shoes?
Joe wrote:Grist Maker
Kronish Religious Tradition
6 out of 10
I don't want to sound petty, because when I joined this death cult I was promised nothing more than blood and pain, and there has been plenty of both, but all of our soylent rations taste like asshole :(

Excited to have some more information to share with the team, Juan hops out of bed and runs to Talon's lab to put the Rate-A-Deity information on the board.

As he walks down the Dime Store Magic's corridors he hears Metri talking with someone. It sounds like we are all getting worked up over this new intel. But do you recognize that other voice? No... but these urqos all sound alike. Seeing the armed flying imp. Confronted by a possible bounty hunter, Juan pulls his magical stick out of his pants, ready to club someone to death with it.
??? wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:10 pmGreetings, good sirs! I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie... Actually, how DID you notice me?"[/b]
Juan glances over to Metri to get an explanation for what has happened. Space brownie? So not an urqos? No. Have you ever encountered one before on your travels? I think I have.* I guess I should make friends, then.

"I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon," Juan announces. "You seem like a fellow traveler. I am willing to personally vouch for you if you make yourself visible again and tell us where you come from."

*Per Rate-A-Deity:
Tink_the_Twink wrote:Juan Echo
Yayamama Pantheon
8 out of 10
I can assure you I've travelled every inch of the Wanderer and it is a trip.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Talon
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Talon »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 /42%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [93] = 93

Active Effects:
None.

Talon notes the information provided by the others and is his own head as Metri calls out their new guest. Great a new complication...how did it get on the ship? I though this was supposed to be like some super magical super ship...so much for that I guess...Really magic only seems to be convenient for the adversary. It always seems to work against us. Magic is not the answer to this. it never was. It's only seemed to make them arrogant and careless. Oh good it can talk.

Talon listens to the small being try to swindle it's way into the good graces of the crew. Talon visibly stiffens up and his eye narrow at Elvin as he mentions Mort. Talon looks irritated by the uninvited guest. "Great. So much for the magic ship being able to spot an intruder." Talon rolls his eyes as he looks at Elvin and scoffs. "Sounds like someone want a ride." Talon's eyes light up as if he's had an idea, "You know what. Maybe instead of this talk you can help out. You already seem to have gotten into some information I was trying to keep protected. Come with me and help me get the rest of it. Help us out, and we'll help you out. Sound like a fair deal? I'm Talon." Talon stick out his hand reflexively then looks slightly awkward at the size difference. It's obvious Talon is desperate to solve this issue of information and seems to be turning to a very unlikely source.


Once Talon gets Elvin's buy in, he'll make his way out to locate more information on the Atorian group.

Information request:
- Details on the financial transactions that provided Mort with the start up funds.
- Details on the Atorian group that provided Mort the money for PPL.
- Details on the Atroian group GA encountered previously

Elvin:
Research 1d100: [28] = 28 /64% (-35% = 29%)
Appraise Goods 1d100: [17] = 17 /54% (-35% = 19%)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [40] = 40 /94% (-35% = 59%)

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [17] = 17 /50% (-35% = 15%)
Barter 1d100: [54] = 54 /34% (-35% = -1%)



Talon:
Streetwise 1d100: [9] = 9 /59% (-35% = 24%)
Lore: Dimensions 1d100: [44] = 44 /41% (-35% = 6%)
Talon

Personal MDC: 145
SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
User avatar
Elvin
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Elvin »

((Rolls carried))
Juan Echo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:07 am "I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon," Juan announces. "You seem like a fellow traveler. I am willing to personally vouch for you if you make yourself visible again and tell us where you come from."
Elvin feels a jolt course through him, a mix of surprise and something akin to a shiver down his spine. He makes himself believe it is the presence of a deity that has done it. A god? On this ship? He raises an eyebrow at the tall red-skinned being. Elvin, a crooked master of shadows though he was, cannot help but feel a flicker of unease. Gods are powerful, unpredictable things.

And wealthy.

Elvin focuses himself. He is a creature of quick wit and even quicker adaptation! His playful facade remains intact, though a hint of wariness flickers in his bright eyes. No, I've met strange gods before. That's not it. What bothers me about this situation?

"A fellow traveler, you say?" he replies, his voice adopting a lighter tone than before. "Indeed, good sir god! I, Elvin, am a humble… uh… traveler of the cosmos! Have flitted from one star system to the next over the years, collecting… experiences." And loot. But it's earned mind you! The universe owes me!

The mention of a vouch, piques his interest. A god's endorsement could be rather useful, I ought to get to know this one. But... oh that's what irks me. The question! Where do I come from? Well, how far back do you expect me to think?

"And your kind offer, sir god," he continues, his voice dripping with a touch of theatricality, "is most appreciated! I come from, well no one's asked me that in a very long time. It no longer exists you see, at least not how it was."

Elvin's smile, though charming, does not quite reach his eyes. He is still gauging Juan Echo, mixing this element into his ever-shifting plan. But the question of where he comes from brings images of the Silhouette homeworld to his mind; before it was conquered. A fleeting memory of the hidden faerie realm in that world, of a kingly life of frivolity and fun, arise unbidden in his mind.

He forces the thought down into the depths where they belong. I wasn't always homeless, nor was I always living a rascal's life amid the stars. But, what's past is past. Onward! It is best.

A flicker of something akin to sadness, a brief shadow flitting across his ever-present grin, betrays Elvin's usual facade. The question of origins, usually a topic he deflected with practiced ease, seemed to pierce through his carefully constructed persona. For a fleeting moment, a sliver of his true story peeks out through the cracks.

"In exchange for your vouching, I will tell you something of it." He looks at Juan, awaiting assent.

If Juan agrees, "My homeworld," he begins, his voice has lost its usual playful tone and drops to a softer register, "was… conquered. Ravaged by the Kreeghor."

He pauses, the weight of the memory heavy in the silence that follows. A lifetime spent flitting from starship to starship, a nomad adrift in the vast cosmic ocean, flashed before his nonexistent eyes. "Ever since," he continues, his voice regaining a touch of its former cheer, though tinged with a newfound weariness, "I've been a creature of the stars. My home is wherever my nimble wings can carry me."

Why did I say that?! There has to be a sane reason. Well, let's see, a touch of truth can be a powerful tool. It might disarm suspicion, evoke sympathy, or perhaps even forge an unexpected connection with this red-skinned fellow. Yes, that has to be it!
Talon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:43 pmTalon visibly stiffens up and his eye narrow at Elvin as he mentions Mort. Talon looks irritated by the uninvited guest. "Great. So much for the magic ship being able to spot an intruder."
Elvin bows theatrically, the words and suspicions of the bounty hunter arousing in him his usual self once more.

"It's not the ship's fault, no not at all," the faerie defends the Dime Store Magic. "Space Brownies are rather difficult to spot when they don't want to be seen. All part of staying out of the way you see. Discretion is a virtue you know."

He winks wryly. "Why I doubt I'm the first space brownie to share a ship with you in your short lifetime, only the first one you've seen."
Talon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:43 pmTalon rolls his eyes as he looks at Elvin and scoffs. "Sounds like someone want a ride." Talon's eyes light up as if he's had an idea, "You know what. Maybe instead of this talk you can help out. You already seem to have gotten into some information I was trying to keep protected. Come with me and help me get the rest of it. Help us out, and we'll help you out. Sound like a fair deal? I'm Talon."
Elvin casually leans against the bulkhead wall. "I know a great many things but I hardly think I deserve credit in this case good sir," Elvin buffs his fingernails on his multicoloured jacket and admires their shine. "You won't stop talking about it. Even when you're alone, you voice all your thoughts." He looks innocently at Juan, "It's hard to get any rest at all, even in the air ducts."

Talon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:43 pmTalon stick out his hand reflexively then looks slightly awkward at the size difference. It's obvious Talon is desperate to solve this issue of information and seems to be turning to a very unlikely source.

Once Talon gets Elvin's buy in, he'll make his way out to locate more information on the Atorian group.

Information request:
- Details on the financial transactions that provided Mort with the start up funds.
- Details on the Atorian group that provided Mort the money for PPL.
- Details on the Atroian group GA encountered previously

Elvin:
Research 1d100: [28] = 28 /64% (-35% = 29%)
Appraise Goods 1d100: [17] = 17 /54% (-35% = 19%)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [40] = 40 /94% (-35% = 59%)

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [17] = 17 /50% (-35% = 15%)
Barter 1d100: [54] = 54 /34% (-35% = -1%)



Talon:
Streetwise 1d100: [9] = 9 /59% (-35% = 24%)
Lore: Dimensions 1d100: [44] = 44 /41% (-35% = 6%)
"Well I suppose I could try my hand at it," Elvin says dubiously, downplaying his information gathering skills. "Though I'm not sure why you're all so interested in him. I mean, I'd never heard a bad word about him till I came abroad this ship. What has you all so worked up about him sir?"

If pressed into information gathering service, gestures vaguely with a hand towards the pile of dirty laundry Talon has accumulated in the corner of the room. "Surely you'd rather I stick with simple domestic duties like any other self respecting brownie?"

If Talon remains unmoved; Elvin sighs dramatically. "Alright, alright," he concedes, his voice laced with resignation. "But wouldn't you rather I… say… mopped the floors? A clean ship is a happy ship, wouldn't you agree?"

With another theatrical sigh, Elvin decides to humor the bounty hunter.

"Very well," he announces, his voice laced with mock seriousness. "Prepare to be… mildly impressed… with my… rudimentary observational skills." The faerie then proceeds to try his level best to upstage the bounty hunter in skill, because in Elvin's view if lawmen had any brains they would have chosen a better profession!

During investigations, he speaks with an exaggerated dose of uncertainty and reluctance, "are you really sure you want to know about this?"



GM: I believe Talon's rolls on my behalf have the incorrect skill levels for Elvin, below I've copied Talon's rolls, but supplied the correct percentages. Elvin should have 4 successes I think, not 3.

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 70%
Research 89%
Streetwise 54%
Barter 54%
Appraise Goods 79%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 54%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 94%


Research 1d100: [28] = 28 /54% (-35% = 54%)
Appraise Goods 1d100: [17] = 17 /44% (-35% = 44%)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [40] = 40 /59% (-35% = 59%)
Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 1d100: [17] = 17 /35% (-35% = 35%)
Barter 1d100: [54] = 54 /19% (-35% = 19%)


Elvin skills not rolled in Talon's post:
Streetwise 19%: [roll]1d100[/roll]
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 19% [roll]1d100[/roll]

I can roll these two if you wish...
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Metri »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [54] = 54 | 67%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | d%: [97] = 97 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
    • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [84] = 84 | 86%.
    • Track by psychic scent: d%: [25] = 25 | 95%.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [46] = 46 | 97%.
  • Sense Life. 300ft.
PPE: 171/171
ISP: 267/275
Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
MDC: 73/73
MTB1_PPE: 180/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
SoE_PPE: 80/80
WoS_PPE: 40/40
Saving Throw Bonuses
+1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
Coma/Death: +4%
Magic (varies): +1
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+2 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
+1 vs Poison and Disease
Conditions


    As Elvin begins to dialogue, the Yhabbayar inwardly breathes a small sigh of relief that this stowaway does not seem to explicitly wish them harm. Thanks to the recent catastrophe, he finds his nerves frayed and is glad for the small win. Metri contents himself with listening to the dialogue and allowing some of his other teammates to engage the stowaway first.
    Juan Echo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:07 am
    ??? wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:10 pm"Greetings, good sirs! I admit this is the first arrival of mine that was noticed in centuries. I am Elvin, what you might call a Space Brownie... Actually, how DID you notice me?"
    Juan glances over to Metri to get an explanation for what has happened.

    "I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon," Juan announces. "You seem like a fellow traveler. I am willing to personally vouch for you if you make yourself visible again and tell us where you come from."
    "Metri," the Yhabbayar finally adds when there is a lull, placing a tridactyl palm on his chest for self-identification. Then, sparked by Elvin calling himself a 'Space Brownie', the corners of Metri's eyes glint with the faintest twinge of mischief before he adds, "Space Boog."

    As a means of explaining how he managed to notice the King of Thieves, Metri concocts a tiny bit of fictional history between his species and Elvin's. "If so long-lived you are, know then you do the great history between Space Brownies and Space Boogs. And also know, you do, that keenly aware of Brownies, Boogs are, especially when matters of ventilation are involved. Yesss." He fabricates awkwardly as he pretend sniffs the air. Clearly the Yhabbayar is not well-practiced in deception or is at least very convincingly playing someone who does not lie easily.

    Then, a moment passes and it appears as if even that much deviation from the straight and narrow path is too uncomfortable, so he clarifies his identity, "Yhabbayar Mystic."

    Leaning in on his ability to Sense Life, the Yhabbayar can tell that the faerie is no great destroyer OR protector of life. Likely driven primarily by selfish tendencies.

    It seems as though Elvin is laying the groundwork for us to accept him as a non-confrontational contributor and resident of the DSM. Whether this is ultimately a long ruse or genuine... I cannot tell. Perhaps only time can reveal the answer to that query.

    Should nobody else venture to say it to Elvin, Metri will.

    "Welcome."

    Then, while others talk, he quietly pads off to the galley and returns with a plate full of cookies (from a box) and presents it for Elvin's consumption.

    "Ample space there is. If outside the ventilation, available a room is if rest you wish, hmm?" Metri will state, but not pressure the Space Brownie in any way.

    A turn of luck? Or a path down mischief? the Yhabbayar thinks to himself as he sits back down into the cross-legged comfort of light meditation once more (as others continue to discuss intelligence and information gathering).
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 571
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [85] = 85
    Metri wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 pm ”Mystery guest… Sense your shadowy presence in the air vents I do. A decision you must now make. Yesss. Reveal yourself and explain. Or outside the DSM, see yourself, hmm?”
    Mystery guest? Not while we're on the run! Hard no! Wait, why didn't I sense them? Starchief rushes toward Metri's location to intercept whoever the Yhabbayar Mystic sensed.


    Afew moments later,

    "Space...brownies? Datephus, why did you not tell us there was a tiny butler in your walls?" Starchief turns to Elvin and extends a hand for shaking, not paying attention to the fact that his hand is the size of Elvin's body. "Starchief, Captain of the Dime Store Magic. Datephus doesn't have you here as a slave, does he? We're in the business of freeing slaves, not making them work for us. Well, we're not in much business at the moment." The captain drifts off as the memory of what his actions wrought upon the universe. "Good to meet you, Elvin. Metri, please see that he has what he needs to do his job as well as proper quarters."

    Glad it was a good mystery guest!
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Elvin
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Elvin »

    ((rolls carried over))
    Metri wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:48 am "Metri," the Yhabbayar finally adds when there is a lull, placing a tridactyl palm on his chest for self-identification. Then, sparked by Elvin calling himself a 'Space Brownie', the corners of Metri's eyes glint with the faintest twinge of mischief before he adds, "Space Boog."

    "If so long-lived you are, know then you do the great history between Space Brownies and Space Boogs. And also know, you do, that keenly aware of Brownies, Boogs are, especially when matters of ventilation are involved. Yesss." He fabricates awkwardly as he pretend sniffs the air. Clearly the Yhabbayar is not well-practiced in deception or is at least very convincingly playing someone who does not lie easily.

    Then, a moment passes and it appears as if even that much deviation from the straight and narrow path is too uncomfortable, so he clarifies his identity, "Yhabbayar Mystic."
    The glint in Metri's eyes and the awkward fabrication about "Space Boogs" leaves Elvin unsure of the situation. Is he buying the Space Brownie charade, or was he trying to pull a fast one of his own?

    "Space Boogs, huh?" Elvin asks, his voice has a hint of playful suspicion. "Sounds fascinating! Unfortunately I don't think I've ever heard of them."

    Is this an attempt at deception? The sniffing, the awkward delivery? Or is it something else.... the way he speaks..... he'd addled? Possibility from narcotics! Could that be how this fellow sensed me? Some kind of space-drugs enhancing his psychic abilities? Is he high?

    Elvin decides to play it safe and bows politely.

    Starchief wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:19 pm "Space...brownies? Datephus, why did you not tell us there was a tiny butler in your walls?" Starchief turns to Elvin and extends a hand for shaking, not paying attention to the fact that his hand is the size of Elvin's body. "Starchief, Captain of the Dime Store Magic. Datephus doesn't have you here as a slave, does he? We're in the business of freeing slaves, not making them work for us. Well, we're not in much business at the moment." The captain drifts off as the memory of what his actions wrought upon the universe. "Good to meet you, Elvin. Metri, please see that he has what he needs to do his job as well as proper quarters."
    A grin, wide enough to rival the Big Folk, stretches across Elvin's face as Starchief, the ship's captain no less, confirms his Space Brownie charade. Relief washes over him. The captain actually believes me! Hooray!

    Elvin reaches up and grasps Starchief's massive hand with both of his own. He shakes it vigorously, despite the fact that it feels more like he is clinging at a giant.

    "Elvin, at your service, Captain!" he smarms warmly, a voice brimming with forced humility yet laced with a triumphant undercurrent. Being a stowaway had its drawbacks, and a chance to interact directly with the crew held certain advantages.

    As Starchief speaks of not being in the slave business, a flicker of something akin to empathy flits across Elvin's eyes. The captain's words remind the faerie of past struggles, where many a being in space took cruel advantage of faerie-kind. The faerie bows deeply with a flourish.

    "Thank you, Captain! Your kindness is a beacon in the void."

    Internally, the thief is doing a victory dance and strutting his funky stuff.

    Metri wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:48 am Then, while others talk, he quietly pads off to the galley and returns with a plate full of cookies (from a box) and presents it for Elvin's consumption.

    "Ample space there is. If outside the ventilation, available a room is if rest you wish, hmm?" Metri will state, but not pressure the Space Brownie in any way.
    As Metri enters with a plate piled high with cookies, Elvin's right eye widens slightly.

    I knew it! He's on drugs! Look now he's got the munchies. Perhaps he's this crew's dealer?

    Elvin, despite his rumbling stomach, eyes the treats with suspicion. Drugged cookies no doubt? And perhaps a truth serum also disguised in sugary goodness? No, thank you very much.

    He gives Metri a polite smile and a small bow. "Thank you for your generosity," he replies in a voice dripping with sweetness. "Perhaps later, after my… chores." He palms one of the cookies, tucking it away in a hidden pocket for later analysis.

    Meanwhile, Starchief and Metri's offer of a room is interesting. A place to stash my "borrowed" items? Oh but that's the first place they'd look. But I ought to accept and sleep in the ducts anyway, just to be safe.

    "A room for rest," he says, his voice thoughtful. "That would be most… unexpected but appreciated."
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Posts: 1887
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Dark Lord »

    Information Shopping: Day 3
    At first the day is uneventful. Ghast buys a watch. Draggor tries meditation and gets a headache. Talon continues his work, but every question he answers seems to post three more. Juan spends some time searching rate-a-deity for posts by members of the Kron Omega apocalypse cult, and shares his “findings” with Talon’s more intricate setup. Initially undetected by everyone, Elvin spends his time hiding out and observing the crew- confident in his ability to remain undetected. While he is unable to add anything useful to Talon’s own research on this Mort Fingerling character, there are some tidbits to be had that pique Elvin’s interest. And he is able to install a basic backdoor into the ship’s computer while everyone else is sleeping, the first night. And he would’ve gotten away with it, too- if it weren’t for Metri.

    The Yhabbayar’s omni-sight at the briefing detects the faerie hiding out in the vents, which prompts a gentle but firm callout to the little guy. This isn’t exactly Elvin’s first experience with the jig being up, and he makes himself known to the entire team quickly. Metri and Starchief are able to confirm that he seems harmless enough, and several of the team introduce themselves and give the would-be thief a warm welcome (or at least, warmer than Elvin is used to getting after being found out). Elvin introduces himself as a space brownie, and while those of you with the relevant skill will be familiar with the common variant this one is new. Metri responds with a playful bit about being a ‘space boog’, before dropping the charade. Draggor introduces themselves and asks if Elvin recognizes their species, to which the diminutive faerie can respond with a definitive no. Starchief is affable enough, but also confused and concerned as to how Elvin got on board the ship undetected.
    Starchief wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:19 pm"Space...brownies? Datephus, why did you not tell us there was a tiny butler in your walls?"
    There is a pregnant pause for several seconds before the ship’s AI responds (much to Elvin’s surprise- and possibly delight). ”ERROR. UNKNOWN ANOMALY DETECTED. SHIP’S SYSTEMS UNABLE TO DIFFERENTIATE FROM MINOR SYSTEMS ANOMALY IN VISUAL RECORD. UNORTHODOX STEALTH CAPABILITIES SUSPECTED. UNABLE TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.” Datephus sounds… embarrassed? And a little irritated. Maybe more than.

    Regardless, the team welcomes Elvin who contemplates the possibility of settling in as an actual passenger, rather than a stowaway. In exchange for a berth and the warm welcome, Talon tasks the faerie with helping him with the latest round of information shopping. Despite being a little outside his wheelhouse, Elvin agrees and the pair sets off. It doesn’t take long for Talon to realize that the information he needs will require another trip to the FIN- fortunately, they all but have a branch office on the station, so in a matter of hours you’re back for another drink at the well. This time you’re set up with a small tablet in the back room of some dive bar on the station, but after a few moments the connection is made and Talon sees his same contact as before. The felinoid frowns. ”You again? I already said, no refunds. What do you want this time?” Upon outlining what he wants, the Felias’ frown deepens. ”Atorians… Gonna be tricky. Lotsa old money. Might not be much to find. Half a million. Same stipulations as before.” If Talon agrees and pays the money, the Felias nods and informs Talon to expect to hear from him that evening. That evening, Datephus will ping the bounty hunter when the information packet arrives. It has no details on the financing, nor on who provided it to Fingerling. There’s a brief report on a private militia that went to join the Free World Council and was promptly disavowed by the Atorian government (or what little of it the Kreeghor allow to operate independently). Apparently they’re affiliated with something called the Church of the New Moons, but whatever that is your contact found nothing on it besides a name- High Priestess Jesse G. Haad. You recognize her from some of the group’s conversations, but included in the report is a photo that’s two weeks old (an attractive blonde woman with an aristocratic air about her). If the team’s reported timeline is accurate, then she isn’t as dead as they thought she was.

    On your way back to the ship, Elvin realizes that you are being shadowed by two tall, thin humanoids in hooded cloaks. Anywhere else this would be manifestly suspicious- on Windscape, it’s a safe bet they’re also up to no good but it might not be related to his new traveling companions.

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    User avatar
    Elvin
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Elvin »

    JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [95] = 95
    Perception: 43% / 1d100: [32] = 32 (SUCCESS)

    Conditions: APS: Shadow, Cloaking, Enhanced Perception, Superior Telepathy
    Contingency Conditions: Enhance Reflexes
    Dark Lord wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:52 amOn your way back to the ship, Elvin realizes that you are being shadowed by two tall, thin humanoids in hooded cloaks. Anywhere else this would be manifestly suspicious- on Windscape, it’s a safe bet they’re also up to no good but it might not be related to his new traveling companions.
    I see you! A sly grin flickers across Elvin's face as he notices the two cloaked figures trailing them. He activates his Enhanced Perception (-10 I.S.P.) and his mind races.

    And who are you two I wonder? I could warn Talon, but he looks like he's under enough stress poor fellow. He looks like he might burst a blood vessel if more complications come to his attention. If they're here for me, no sense leading them to where we're headed. I may as well nip this in the bud now.

    Deciding an honest approach wouldn't be ideal, he thinks of a convenient lie to ditch Talon without arousing suspicion nor his interest. Well he hates magic, let's run with that.

    Suddenly, as if a flash of inspiration strikes him, Elvin clicks his fingers. "Ah, nuts!" Elvin exclaims, his voice is laced with a touch of well-practiced panic. "I've completely forgotten! You know there's some very peculiar vendors I absolutely must visit. Magical types, very eccentric. They only sell their wares during this specific lunar phase no less!"

    He flutters his wings dramatically for emphasis. "Why don't you go on ahead without me, update the others. I'll catch up faster than a squirrel on double espresso."

    Provided Talon continues on ahead, a plan hatches in Elvin's ever-scheming mind. Now alone, he turns into a convenient side corridor, one that branches off from the one he and Talon were originally following.

    The moment no eyes seem to be directly on him, which is a common enough occurrence for one possessing the Cloaking power, Elvin dissolves into a wisp of inky blackness. Crouching like a diminutive predator, Elvin is one with the shadows, indistinguishable from the grimy walls. His eyes watch the main corridor, waiting for the cloaked figures to emerge.

    Will they follow Talon, the obvious target, or is their true objective be incredibly handsome faerie who had just slipped away?

    The moment the hoods come into view, Elvin springs into action. He activates his Superior Telepathy (-8 I.S.P.) to skim of their surface thoughts and better understand their intentions. Also activated is Enhance Reflexes (-10 I.S.P., +15% Pick Pockets, Prowl etc)

    But that isn't enough. Oh no. If the Telepathy is not blocked, Elvin, then plants a Phantom Thought (-3 I.S.P., -2 to save) in the mind of one hood. A subtle whisper, disguised as his own anxieties, You should think through the plan one more time. Did you miss anything? No time for mistakes now!

    A planted thought, a mere nudge in the right direction, hopefully triggers a surge of internal monologue, revealing their true objective in all its sweet glory.

    As the figure reacts to the phantom thought, Elvin sneaks behind the hood and buries himself within the folds of their under-clothing, gleaning information with every passing thought.

    Where are they were headed? What is their plan? These are the questions burning in Elvin's mind.

    Snooping:
    Whilst a shadow within the clothing of the hood, Elvin looks for pocket locations and assesses their contents. Is there anything worth stealing here?

    If something is worth stealing:
    Elvin materialises from behind and bumps into a hood with a theatrical yelp.

    "Excuse me, sir!" he chirps, all innocence. As the figure stumbles back, likely surprised by the sudden collision, Elvin's nimble fingers dart into the other figure's pocket. A quick, practiced movement, and perhaps a small object will find its way into his jacket pocket.

    He does not linger. Better scarper! No charade lasts as long as one would like. Elvin flashes a dazzling smile. "Lovely day, isn't it?" he smiles apologetically, before fluttering away. Whatever he stole is secreted away in a Dimensional Pocket for later examination.

    He disappears into the labyrinthine corridors of Windscape, making liberal use of Doorways to put walls and levels between him and the Hoods. When satisfied he is not being followed, he makes his way back to the Dime Store Magic.

    If something goes horribly wrong:
    Elvin flees like a startled rabbit. Dive into a shadow, vanish behind obstacles, use Doorways to pass through a wall, floor or ceiling.

    Skill Checks:
    Prowl (shadows): automatic success
    Prowl (if gaps exist between shadows) 99%: 1d100: [72] = 72 (SUCCESS)<-- Crossing to the Hood's shadows if needed

    Appraise Goods 79%: 1d100: [82] = 82 (FAIL)<-- What's it got in its pocketses? Unless airtight, a shadow can snoop and perhaps assess value
    Pick Pockets 104%: 1d100: [2] = 2 (CRIT SUCCESS)<-- My precious.... grab what can be grabbed
    User avatar
    Metri
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 327
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Metri »

    -----------------------------------
    Perception: d%: [54] = 54 | 67%
    JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | d%: [8] = 8 %
    -----------------------------------
    Character Sheet
    • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
      • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [55] = 55 | 86%.
      • Track by psychic scent: d%: [12] = 12 | 95%.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [95] = 95 | 97%.
    • Sense Life. 300ft.
    PPE: 171/171
    ISP: 267/275
    Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
    MDC: 73/73
    MTB1_PPE: 180/180
    MTB2_PPE: 180/180
    MTB3_PPE: 180/180
    SoE_PPE: 80/80
    WoS_PPE: 40/40
    Saving Throw Bonuses
    +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
    Coma/Death: +4%
    Magic (varies): +1
    Lethal Poison (14+): +1
    Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
    Insanity (12+): +1
    Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
    +7 vs Possession
    +2 vs Despair
    +2 vs Horror Factor
    +2 vs Illusions
    +1 vs Poison and Disease
    Conditions


      ”Still alive Priestess Haad is?!” Metri exclaims with concern when the information debriefing happens. ”Fully intact our enemies are. Surprised I should not be, yess.” The Yhabbayar concludes with a small sigh.

      And so our enemy remains at full power and one step ahead of us. Somehow, even without the time relic, she is able to scheme and put us at continued disadvantage.

      ”Able to keep the photo, I can, hmm?” Metri asks and once granted, pockets the photo of Priestess Haad.

      ”Possible is it that another relic Haad has? Explain it would how advantage she continues to have against us. Which relics, unaccounted for are?”
      User avatar
      Talon
      Posts: 44
      Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Talon »

      Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 /42%
      JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [66] = 66

      Dark Lord wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:52 am It doesn’t take long for Talon to realize that the information he needs will require another trip to the FIN- fortunately, they all but have a branch office on the station, so in a matter of hours you’re back for another drink at the well. This time you’re set up with a small tablet in the back room of some dive bar on the station, but after a few moments the connection is made and Talon sees his same contact as before. The felinoid frowns. ”You again? I already said, no refunds. What do you want this time?” Upon outlining what he wants, the Felias’ frown deepens. ”Atorians… Gonna be tricky. Lotsa old money. Might not be much to find. Half a million. Same stipulations as before.” If Talon agrees and pays the money, the Felias nods and informs Talon to expect to hear from him that evening.
      Talon smirks at her comment, "Of course. Never wanted a refund. But you know how information goes. One thing leads to another. And here I am to turn the wheel again." Talon details out the information he's looking for. When the price comes up Talon nods, "Agreed. I appreciate your time."

      Talon heads back to the ship to await the results of the information.
      Elvin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 am Suddenly, as if a flash of inspiration strikes him, Elvin clicks his fingers. "Ah, nuts!" Elvin exclaims, his voice is laced with a touch of well-practiced panic. "I've completely forgotten! You know there's some very peculiar vendors I absolutely must visit. Magical types, very eccentric. They only sell their wares during this specific lunar phase no less!"

      He flutters his wings dramatically for emphasis. "Why don't you go on ahead without me, update the others. I'll catch up faster than a squirrel on double espresso."
      Talon narrows his eyes at the small farie. Does he really think that'll work? I wonder what he's up to? Talon checks the time, then shakes his head, "It's fine I can spare some time. Besides the others wont need an update until the information comes in. Could be upwards of a few days for highly sensitive stuff." Talon pauses for a moment, "And if we are going to be working together then I'll admit I don't fully trust you yet. No offense." Talon regards Elvin seriously, "Working as a team can be a big change for people. I know it was for me. It can be difficult to know you can rely on others. So why don't you let me know what's really going on, so we can help each other out?"
      Talon

      Personal MDC: 145
      SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
      User avatar
      Exe
      Posts: 108
      Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Exe »

      Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 /42%
      JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [21] = 21

      Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

      MDC: 152/152
      PPE: 291/291
      ISP: 60/60
      Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110


      Skills:


      Post:

      Exe remains on the ship after Elvin and Talon take their leave, the demigod unsure of either of them really. I mean, at least Starchief seems to trust Talon... even if he randomly showed up during a demonic event. And now Elvin, randomly stowing aboard. And we send those two to collect information.... but, it is the end times, I guess. Exe is sitting in his room, cross-legged, across from Matthew his ariel and Corus his familiar. The Lightning Eagle is nestled into it's nest however it's obviously a little anxious. Everytime Exe and Corus make eye contact, the eagle shifts slightly and stretches its wings slightly with a yawn. Exe nods and chuckles softly. "I know bud... it's just not safe right now." Exe reassures his familiar before turning to his Ariel.

      "Matthew. Considering what we are up against, I am going to look into another summoned ally to assist us, though.. Are you willing to see this through to the end as my primary?" Exe asks of his ariel, recognizing that they had created a deal that was largely null considering the what happened. I hope Matthew is willing to remain. Exe ponders as he awaits Matthews' response.
      Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

      Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
      ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
      User avatar
      Elvin
      Posts: 16
      Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Elvin »

      (rolls carried over))
      Elvin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 am Suddenly, as if a flash of inspiration strikes him, Elvin clicks his fingers. "Ah, nuts!" Elvin exclaims, his voice is laced with a touch of well-practiced panic. "I've completely forgotten! You know there's some very peculiar vendors I absolutely must visit. Magical types, very eccentric. They only sell their wares during this specific lunar phase no less!"

      He flutters his wings dramatically for emphasis. "Why don't you go on ahead without me, update the others. I'll catch up faster than a squirrel on double espresso."
      Talon wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:24 amTalon narrows his eyes at the small farie. Does he really think that'll work? I wonder what he's up to? Talon checks the time, then shakes his head, "It's fine I can spare some time. Besides the others wont need an update until the information comes in. Could be upwards of a few days for highly sensitive stuff." Talon pauses for a moment, "And if we are going to be working together then I'll admit I don't fully trust you yet. No offense." Talon regards Elvin seriously, "Working as a team can be a big change for people. I know it was for me. It can be difficult to know you can rely on others. So why don't you let me know what's really going on, so we can help each other out?"
      What's really going on? Oh sure, I'll just tell the bounty hunter I just met that I'm a wanted criminal who might be followed by two law enforcement types because I'm forced to walk around in the ridiculous big corridors you big folk use.

      Elvin decides to stick with his plan to ditch Talon, but realises that he probably ought to ensure Talon likewise ditches the mysterious hooded followers also. He sighs.

      "Are you really sure sir? The road I take is less well traveled? Hurry up then." It is at this point that Elvin starts reading Talon's mind. (Telepathy Superior - surface thoughts only)

      Elvin quickens his pace, urging Talon onward. As they round a bend in the corridor, he steals a glance back to ensure the hooded ones are not yet in view. He needs to act fast, and so he does.

      "Now then, there's a special access point here somewhere," Elvin lies smoothly, looking at the ceiling. "Ah there it is!" Talon may well end up thinking there's little faerie doors everywhere that only I can see! What fun!

      When Talon follows his gaze upwards, Elvin opens a shimmering doorway in the floor. Should Talon fall through, Elvin doesn't snigger or laugh, but follows immediately on faerie wings.

      Little does Elvin know, that Talon is also a flying being and possibly hovers in place? If so, he thinks Great, he flies. Being a master criminal, this surprise does not stall the conniving faerie of shadows, instead Elvin flies downwards without missing a beat, saying, "Hurry up!"


      The 'floorway-doorway' closes once they are both past. Elvin resists the urge to breathe a sigh of relief. At least we've ditched the followers, for now.

      A quick look left and right. Are we in the clear? Well, if he won't leave there is always Plan B. If magic does not put him off, let's use his paranoia.

      Elvin decides on a partial truth, hoping to gauge Talon's reaction. He hovers up to Talon's ears, leans in conspiratorially and lowers his voice.

      "I couldn't say anything up there because 'they' may well have been reading your mind." Well, and me too. Like I am doing right now.

      He flutters up to Talon's nose, and points in his face. "What's really going on? An excellent question, sir. I know who you are looking for, but who is looking for you?! Do you ever get the feeling of being followed? You ought to. You stand out like a sore thumb."

      He looks left and right again. "Some fellows were following you." Well that's probably true. Or me. Whatever. Though Elvin does not elaborate on who, lest the bounty hunter get it into his head to confront them himself.

      "Just how wanted are you sir? How concerned should I be?" Elvin raises an eyebrow. Though he already knows much about the answer, the opportunity of giving Talon a chance to lie to a master liar is too tempting to resist.

      Elvin, throws a Phantom Thought (-3 I.S.P., -2 to save) to help Talon along. Better warn the others to stay on the ship and stay out of sight. Taking too many risks.

      "Can you get back to your ship, and make sure you are not followed?" Elvin wastes a few precious moments waiting for an answer. "As you know Space-Brownies don't need to use these big-folk corridors. I'll see if I can find out more and catch up later."

      With that Elvin steps through a faerie-sized doorway that appears in a wall and vanishes. He circles back and turns to shadow, then proceeds to probe and rob the hooded followers as originally planned.
      User avatar
      Draggor
      Posts: 136
      Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Draggor »

      Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 | 27%
      JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [57] = 57

      Using one of the two, or both, has Draggor had any interaction with Church of the New Moons?
      Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (5%) 1d100: [68] = 68 | 50%
      Lore: Galactic Aliens (5%) 1d100: [74] = 74 | 55%

      Intelligence (4%) 1d100: [90] = 90 | 67% to find out anything about the church's followers and their beliefs

      Post
      A pang of panic courses through Draggor at the mention and photo of... her: High Priestess Jesse G. Haad. Many people and things in the Three Galaxies are hard to kill, but with the theories that she may have one or more other relics? And doesn't seem to be proactively concerned with this group? A terrifying prospect. Haad... made easy use of us. How many cycles did she gain through the Time Relic? Called us young. Most that look like her, are younger than us. Eventually focusing on new information presented, Church of the New Moons stands out, with the creature openly asking about it. "Church... a tool Haad uses? Or actual believer? Mort Fingerling, whether real or not, tool of Haad's?"

      Depending on engagement from others, Draggor heads back to their quarters, performing the mix of now-old-habit of querying Datephus vocally, while also making use of their restored literacy at a computer terminal: trying to find anything that would possibly reference this church, its followers, or even rumors a la Juan's oft referenced Rate-a-Diety excursions.

      "Datephus, no memory of any loops? No encounters with Haad the rest of us don't remember? Do you remember dying?" Anthropomorphized or not, if any of those questions change compared to the last time they were asked, that itself would be a fresh mystery.
      Draggor | Ledger
      M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
      P.P.E.: 89 / 89

      Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
      Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

      Events of Note
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 327
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
      Contact:

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Metri »

      ((Rolls carried over))
      Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Church... a tool Haad uses? Or actual believer? Mort Fingerling, whether real or not, tool of Haad's?"
      Metri’s ear twitches at the implications of Draggor’s suggestion. ”Suggest you do, that a greater power behind Haad supporting her is, hmm?” The Yhabbayar considers.

      Having an omnipotent-like being as a benefactor could connect some dots for why Haad and her crew always seem to have the advantage against us at each of our encounters.

      Metri nods in Draggor’s direction at the genius of his teammate’s suggestion. ”If a greater being is, find out more information about them, can we, hmm?”
      User avatar
      Dark Lord
      Posts: 1887
      Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
      Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Dark Lord »

      Information Shopping: Day 3.1
      Back on the ship, most of the team’s veteran members react with dismay at the revelation that their foe, priestess Haad, still yet lives. Metri scrutinizes the information that Talon purchased, and can get a digital copy of her photograph from the report, but can do little more beyond that than express his desire to learn more about who (or what) else might be behind her and this mysterious church of hers. Draggor is also hit hard, and in-between their self-counsels and other musings asks some follow-up questions of Datephus.
      Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Datephus, no memory of any loops? No encounters with Haad the rest of us don't remember? Do you remember dying?"
      The AI chimes back after a few moments. ”NEGATIVE. DESCRIBED EVENTS NOT FOUND WITHIN MEMORY BANKS. QUERY… I… DIED?” Meanwhile Exe spends his time at work in his quarters on the modification to a new spell, but finds himself too distressed by recent events to put his full heart into it. The attempt fizzles, seemingly without ill effect, and Exe misses the tightening of the lines around Matthew’s face as the spirit of light struggles to contain his laughter. When he speaks to his minion about the possibility of adding a second to his menagerie, however, Exe realizes with some concern that his voice is a bit higher-pitched than normal. With a tight, barely controlled voice Matthew replies ”Of course, Master Exe. If you think you can bind a second that is well worth the effort. So long as you hew to the terms of our own pact I shall do my best to serve.” But Exe is barely paying attention as his gaze swivels over to his mirror- only to discover that only the top of his head is visible. A brief inspection later, and Exe is mortified to learn that he has apparently shrunk- presumably a side effect of the failed spell modification he was working on. Hopefully a temporary one ((Exe, your height and weight are cut in half for the next four months in-game). Upon seeing Exe make the discovery, Matthew demurely covers his mouth with one hand and tries (unsuccessfully) to keep his chuckles to himself.

      Outside, after meeting with their Felias contact and presumably handing over the credits ((Talon or Starchief, make sure those get deducted please)) Talon and Elvin head back to the ship. Along the way, the faerie notices a pair of tails on them- and decides to keep his own counsel for the time being. However, any attempts at a telepathic probe are met with failure- neither the tails nor Talon can be read. Talon tries to convince the team’s newest recruit to trust him, and share what’s going on, to which Elvin responds by leading him down a side corridor and trying to drop him with a surprise doorway. The ruse works- Talon is caught off-guard and falls down one deck to a sub-level of the ship. Elvin flies through immediately after and closes the doorway behind them. Once there is no sign of their tails for a few seconds, the faerie is feels free to compare notes with his compatriot. Another bit of good news is that Elvin’s telepathy works again once you go through the portal- Talon’s surface thoughts read of confusion and suspicion. The bad news is, you’re both in a part of the station you don’t recognize and will need to find your way back ((each of you can post a land navigation check at -10%)).


      What are you doing?
      Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
      User avatar
      Elvin
      Posts: 16
      Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Elvin »

      JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [61] = 61
      Perception: 43% / 1d100: [46] = 46 (FAIL)

      Conditions: Cloaking

      For a fleeting moment Elvin entertained the idea that Talon's suspicion was like a brick wall in Elvin's head, blocking all telepathy. But happily, his psi works once more down in this sub-level.

      Upside, my telepathy is no longer on the fritz. Downside, I'm stuck babysitting a bounty hunter. A BOUNTY HUNTER? ME?!

      Elvin flutters up the the ceiling, listening for the footsteps of the followers as they pass.

      Listening and Awareness 40%: 1d100: [9] = 9 (SUCCESS)

      Are they after me for some past job or after Talon for something even juicier?

      "What's really going on?" the faerie whispers to Talon, hoping to gauge his reaction. "Is anyone looking for you? Do you ever get the feeling of being followed? Because we are."

      The thief really wants to portal back upstairs and follow the followers, and for a moment he winces with indecision.

      He sighs deeply, and explains a little to Talon, "My telepathy was blocked up there. Was it the station messing with my head, or those creeps behind us?"

      Focusing on the task at hand, which unfortunately is getting back to the ship. "Unfortunately, you stand out like a sore thumb in this station," he flutters his wings dramatically. "It's best if we… uh… take this detour."

      "Shopping will have to wait, I'll follow you back to the ship," Elvin winces at the choice, it wasn't like him to be stuck with a partner and he instantly regrets not popping back up-level to pursue the hooded ones. "Safety first, after all! Now, which way to your talking ship?"

      He looks left and right, wondering which way to go. I have no idea where I am. I really can't ditch him here? The captain of my ride won't like that. Yes, I'll have to stick with him and get him back.
      User avatar
      Talon
      Posts: 44
      Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Talon »

      Perception: 1d100: [16] = 16 /42%
      JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [93] = 93

      Talon gracefully executes a roll as he hits the floor of the deck. Talon comes into a half crouch assessing his surrounding, Not the most subtle one. Oh he's here with me. And here I thought he was trying to get rid of me. I don't know what you're playing at but you better get your inconsistencies straightened out.

      Talon give no outward reaction to Elvin's accusations about being followed. Talon removes his helmet so Elvin can get a good look at his face, expressions, and his eyes. Talon wants Elvin to fully understand where he stand with him. Talon's eyes are not cold as one would expect. In fact they seem to be blazing with determination and his jaw is set in annoyance, but there is a tight grin on his face. Talon's voice is full of conviction, "You think I stick out? An Armored person with a rifle and neural mace? Had to have passed a dozen looking just like me today. There is a reason I don't show my face when I don't have to. As for your telepathy. I can't say I'm all that familiar with it. I find other's put great stock into knowing what a target is thinking. I however believe it's a crutch too many people rely on." Talon's expression turns to one of disappointment, "What makes you think we're heading back to the ship? Given that we are quite safe here for the moment, we have somethings to discuss before we head back."

      Talon moves to a wall and leans against it, helmet in hand, "So you think people are following us and you want to know if they are following me specifically. Given where you were on the ship, you must have gotten a look at my work. Also unless you've been living under a rock you must have seen the broadcasts about the Flash, correct?" Talon give Elvin just enough time to give a non-verbal reply, "Why do you think I've been spearheading the information gathering? I'm the newest on the crew and lest likely to be linked to them. So I'm quite disappointed you haven't put together who's ship you've been on this entire time. Although to be fair I'm sure you were just hoping for us to quickly depart. I have seen this type of desperation before. It clouds good judgment." Talon taps his helmet with a finger, "Now if someone was following me it would have been to confirm where the ship is located. So why would I go back to the ship? If they lost us then their best option would be to passively observe the entrances into the starport. Take it from me, unless it's really bad, then it's nearly impossible to pick up on passive surveillance as they are not moving. Time, distance, and direction. That's how you ID a tail. So please explain who was following us and how you identified them? How many streets did they stay with us on? How many turns did they take with us? What did they look like? There are many shady people here." Talon is genuinely interested in what has Elvin thinking they were being followed. I didn't run an SDR like normal. I was in a hurry. That's on me. There are a lot of things it could be. I'll have to be more careful in the future. Elvin definitely was taking a route to lose a tail. Too bad that's very alerting. They'll be more careful in the future and it will be harder to spot. It's better to identify and lose them naturally. Make it look like bad luck. Missed a train or something like that. Elvin was much too overt in losing these mystery people. Although I'm sure if it was me they were after it would have been less subtle. Especially given that people think we caused the Flash. Not that I can say something like that out loud. Talon looks at Elvin as he thinks to gauge his reaction to Talon's thoughts.

      Once Elvin has answered Talon's questions Talon will place his helmet back on. "Why don't you follow me this time."
      Talon leads them back to the ship. Talon moves at the pace slightly slower than of the rest of the foot traffic if there is any. Otherwise he moves at a slightly slower "normal" pace to avoid drawing attention, but to assist with highlighting anyone matching their pace. Talon will occasionally stop at a shop or food stall and purchase something small to assist with selling the stop at the place. Talon thinks fully expecting Elvin to be reading his mind, This is how you ID surveillance. Nice and slow. Take them through a few shops. Make them follow you. The more details you can get about them the better off you will be. And the longer they are on you the more they stick out.
      Land Navigation 67-10=57% 1d100: [44] = 44 Pass
      Surveillance 1d100: [24] = 24 /59% (ID surveillance) Pass
      Talon

      Personal MDC: 145
      SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
      User avatar
      Elvin
      Posts: 16
      Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Elvin »

      ((rolls carried))
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Talon removes his helmet so Elvin can get a good look at his face, expressions, and his eyes. Talon wants Elvin to fully understand where he stand with him. Talon's eyes are not cold as one would expect. In fact they seem to be blazing with determination and his jaw is set in annoyance, but there is a tight grin on his face.
      The effect on the faerie is comical to say the least. Do faeries ever take things seriously when folk want them to? Unlikely, and Elvin decides not to at this moment. He intentionally misses the intensity in those determined eyes, and leans in with concern. "Oh my," he boggles with concern, but his voice is laced with sweetness, "have you ever considered trying some skincare products? I have a cousin who taught me the fine art of hair styling too. We can fix... that." He gestures vaguely at Talon's face with his most helpful expression.
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Talon's voice is full of conviction, "You think I stick out? An Armored person with a rifle and neural mace? Had to have passed a dozen looking just like me today. There is a reason I don't show my face when I don't have to. As for your telepathy. I can't say I'm all that familiar with it. I find other's put great stock into knowing what a target is thinking. I however believe it's a crutch too many people rely on."
      Elvin shrugs, feigning nonchalance. Internally he rolls his eyes. "You're a giant with a tail, sir. Don't giants with tails tend to stick out in a crowd? But what do I know? Big folk like yourself are a mystery to faerie folk." Let him think he's Captain Unseen, I was just trying to be helpful. Maybe next time I just go alone? Why am I even here anyway? Oh well, as long as we get back to the ship, just let him say whatever he want to.
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Talon's expression turns to one of disappointment, "What makes you think we're heading back to the ship? Given that we are quite safe here for the moment, we have somethings to discuss before we head back."

      Talon moves to a wall and leans against it, helmet in hand, "So you think people are following us and you want to know if they are following me specifically. Given where you were on the ship, you must have gotten a look at my work. Also unless you've been living under a rock you must have seen the broadcasts about the Flash, correct?" Talon give Elvin just enough time to give a non-verbal reply, "Why do you think I've been spearheading the information gathering? I'm the newest on the crew and lest likely to be linked to them. So I'm quite disappointed you haven't put together who's ship you've been on this entire time. Although to be fair I'm sure you were just hoping for us to quickly depart. I have seen this type of desperation before. It clouds good judgment."
      Talon taps his helmet with a finger, "Now if someone was following me it would have been to confirm where the ship is located. So why would I go back to the ship? If they lost us then their best option would be to passively observe the entrances into the starport. Take it from me, unless it's really bad, then it's nearly impossible to pick up on passive surveillance as they are not moving. Time, distance, and direction. That's how you ID a tail. So please explain who was following us and how you identified them? How many streets did they stay with us on? How many turns did they take with us? What did they look like? There are many shady people here."
      Elvin blinks, his face showing a flicker of surprise. "I know you're looking for Fingerling, and the crew often talk about how wanted they are. Seemed sensible to think if you're being followed you might not want to be. Rule 10, a Space Brownie always has the crew's best interests at heart!"

      He pauses a moment. "The Flash?" he repeats, feigning ignorance. "Everyone's heard of the Flash. So you're connected to the Flash? Forgive my saying so, but you don't look like the types who would do such a thing. And the news reports said the group responsible were led by a large horned deevil! I haven't seen anyone like that on your ship." Elvin hasn't seen Icky's room in his brief stay on the Dime Store Magic. "Though it is odd you having all this interest in Fingerling, I heard he was someone who helped with the recovery effort. If I had to guess I suppose you're interested in a little blackmail to tarnish his reputation, earn a few wayward credits that way? But it's not really my business sir, and I only hear scraps here and there. I live in the air ducts after all, you can't expect me to know your innermost secrets. Just because I read minds doesn't mean I do it all the time. I can't know things if you don't go out and tell me. Until recently I was mostly just thinking about how best to clean up those awful rooms while you were sleeping without waking anyone up. It's not as easy as it sounds! But then the green man found me, and here we are!"

      As for those following Talon, Elvin gives as accurate description of the hooded fellows as he can muster.

      He finishes with, "You clearly are an expert in all this following business. I should just get out of your way. As you say, I'm just a foggy headed faerie out of his depth. I thought skipping down here and avoiding those two hoody types would be helpful. My apologies."
      Talon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am Once Elvin has answered Talon's questions Talon will place his helmet back on. "Why don't you follow me this time."
      "Follow you?" he asks, then shakes his head. "I might not know anything useful but wouldn't they be looking for two of us? And we ought not split up either. But I can do what any brownie will do in this situation." He eyes Talon's backpack and unzips it.

      "See? Plenty of space for a little snooze!" Elvin says, and he hops inside. Then he zips the pack up once more. Once out of sight Elvin turns to shadow, so if Talon expects some rustling or movement from the backpack he will find everything remains quite still. If Talon prods the pack it. Nothing. If he unzips the pack a crack. Empty. If he searches the folds and compartments, but there shall be no sign of Elvin. The faerie will hide in the pack's shadows, and if Talon really gets persistent in searching it the faerie simply transfers himself up Talon's sleeve until the big fellow tires of the game. No matter what, he eventually returns to the big backpack.

      While Talon walks about Elvin is not idle. He discreetly keeps watch from the pack with shadowy eyes peering out. He's rather glad to have some alone time in the pack, and looks forward to returning to the ship and the safety of the air ducts.

      This is the last excursion I take from the ship until we are very very far away from here.

      One important detail. Elvin discreetly extends his Cloaking power to Talon while they work their way back to the ship. The bounty hunter won't know it, but no electronic eyes will detect the pair as they navigate the station. If they reach some point where detection is necessary, say, a pair of automatic doors, Elvin withdraws the cloaking momentarily.

      He uses Resist Psionics to muddy the psychic trail to foil psychic trackers (-10 I.S.P.)

      Conditions: Cloaking (extend to Talon), Resist Psionics, APS: Shadow in the backpack
      User avatar
      Talon
      Posts: 44
      Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Talon »

      **Rolls Held Over**
      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm The effect on the faerie is comical to say the least. Do faeries ever take things seriously when folk want them to? Unlikely, and Elvin decides not to at this moment. He intentionally misses the intensity in those determined eyes, and leans in with concern. "Oh my," he boggles with concern, but his voice is laced with sweetness, "have you ever considered trying some skincare products? I have a cousin who taught me the fine art of hair styling too. We can fix... that." He gestures vaguely at Talon's face with his most helpful expression.
      Talon actually laughs at Elvin's response. Not malicious but genuine laughter. "That's a good one. I haven't heard that before. But there is no fixing the genetic damage dealt by the Tarlock when they tried to exterminate my species with a bio-weapon." Talon practically spits the word "Tarlock" out.

      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm He pauses a moment. "The Flash?" he repeats, feigning ignorance. "Everyone's heard of the Flash. So you're connected to the Flash? Forgive my saying so, but you don't look like the types who would do such a thing. And the news reports said the group responsible were led by a large horned deevil! I haven't seen anyone like that on your ship." Elvin hasn't seen Icky's room in his brief stay on the Dime Store Magic. "Though it is odd you having all this interest in Fingerling, I heard he was someone who helped with the recovery effort. If I had to guess I suppose you're interested in a little blackmail to tarnish his reputation, earn a few wayward credits that way? But it's not really my business sir, and I only hear scraps here and there. I live in the air ducts after all, you can't expect me to know your innermost secrets. Just because I read minds doesn't mean I do it all the time. I can't know things if you don't go out and tell me. Until recently I was mostly just thinking about how best to clean up those awful rooms while you were sleeping without waking anyone up. It's not as easy as it sounds! But then the green man found me, and here we are!"
      Talon nods in acknowledgement of Elvin's words. Talon's next words seem to be chosen carefully and are said with great care, "You say it's none of your business. That maybe true. However if you truly believe it's none of your concern, then you should find a different ship to assist. Because if you stay with us, it will be your concern whether you want it to be or not. If you still wish to return to the ship, I'll explain exactly what happened there." Talon pauses for a moment to think, If he doesn't know what's really going on then I can't get him wrapped up in it. I'm on the verge of proving Fingerling caused the Flash. If Elvin doesn't want to be involved it would be best to have him depart for greener pastures.
      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm As for those following Talon, Elvin gives as accurate description of the hooded fellows as he can muster.

      He finishes with, "You clearly are an expert in all this following business. I should just get out of your way. As you say, I'm just a foggy headed faerie out of his depth. I thought skipping down here and avoiding those two hoody types would be helpful. My apologies."
      Talon nods, "Thanks. I've had worse descriptions so don't feel bad. Most people have a difficult time with highly detailed recall after stressful events. Talon commits the descriptions to memory.
      Elvin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm "Follow you?" he asks, then shakes his head. "I might not know anything useful but wouldn't they be looking for two of us? And we ought not split up either. But I can do what any brownie will do in this situation." He eyes Talon's backpack and unzips it.

      "See? Plenty of space for a little snooze!" Elvin says, and he hops inside. Then he zips the pack up once more. Once out of sight Elvin turns to shadow, so if Talon expects some rustling or movement from the backpack he will find everything remains quite still. If Talon prods the pack it. Nothing. If he unzips the pack a crack. Empty. If he searches the folds and compartments, but there shall be no sign of Elvin. The faerie will hide in the pack's shadows, and if Talon really gets persistent in searching it the faerie simply transfers himself up Talon's sleeve until the big fellow tires of the game. No matter what, he eventually returns to the big backpack.
      Talon does nothing to disturb Elvin. He simply nods, "Nice idea. I'll try not to jostle you around. Let me know if you need anything while your back there." Talon then proceeds to return to the ship as stated in my previous post.
      Talon

      Personal MDC: 145
      SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 327
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
      Contact:

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Metri »

      -----------------------------------
      Perception: d%: [43] = 43 | 67%
      JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | d%: [59] = 59 %
      -----------------------------------
      Character Sheet
      • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
      • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
        • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [92] = 92 | 86%.
        • Track by psychic scent: d%: [10] = 10 | 95%.
      • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [41] = 41 | 97%.
      • Sense Life. 300ft.
      PPE: 171/171
      ISP: 267/275
      Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
      MDC: 73/73
      MTB1_PPE: 180/180
      MTB2_PPE: 180/180
      MTB3_PPE: 180/180
      SoE_PPE: 80/80
      WoS_PPE: 40/40
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
      Coma/Death: +4%
      Magic (varies): +1
      Lethal Poison (14+): +1
      Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
      Insanity (12+): +1
      Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
      +7 vs Possession
      +2 vs Despair
      +2 vs Horror Factor
      +2 vs Illusions
      +1 vs Poison and Disease
      Conditions


        Armed with a copy of the photograph of Priestess Haad, Metri focuses his psychic senses to try to track Haad's current whereabouts through a psionic seeking ((Psionic Seeking. -6 ISP. Range: 18 miles. Duration: 90 min. Base chance of finding: d%: [48] = 48 | 85%. Even if roll fails, will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.)).

        Chances are next to non-existent that she would be on this information broker planet currently. But I should also probably confirm that this photo isn't a fraud.

        The Yhabbayar settles down in the common area those on the ship are gathered in. He (hopefully) seems to drink in the vitality of the activity around him. Lightly meditating, and assuming his postulation that Haad has help from a greater being, Metri reflects upon his knowledge of the lore of greater supernatural entities.

        Lore: Demons & Monsters. d%: [54] = 54 or Lore: Galactic/Alien. d%: [95] = 95 | both 80%. Not sure which skill applies to thinking about lore behind supernatural intelligences.

        Later, Metri will try something completely unorthodox. Having recognized Datephus' concern at not being able to pinpoint Elvin, the Yhabbayar wonders if there is any way that he can commune with the ship's essence and share his own psychic insights with it. Risking the possibility of being another casualty absorbed into the pool of essences, Metri heads to the ship's mystic generator.

        "Datephus, thought a twinge of concern I heard earlier, when unable to locate Elvin you were. Wonder, I do, if commune with you, I can. Share with you, my psychic sensitivities, yess." Should the ship's essence be amenable, Metri will continue to detail out his plan, "telemechanically communicate with the mystic generator ((Telemechanics. -10 ISP)) and share my perception with you ((Shared Perception. -15 ISP)), then fall into my trance I will. Tell me, can you, if through my psychic senses you are able, hmm?"
        User avatar
        Starchief
        Group Leader
        Posts: 571
        Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
        Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
        Contact:

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Starchief »

        Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /62%
        JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [26] = 26

        *
        Image
        *

        "
        Image
        ?!?!"


        Starchief does not take the news of Priestess Haad's survival well. Various fragile items around his quarters are hurled extraordinarily at walls where they shatter and spread across the floor. How could this get any worse? We're taking the blame for the murder of billions of sentient lives, forced to hideout on some shady backwater planet to gather information and this horrible witch who we definitely took care of gets to breathe the free air of the universe! FRAK!

        When Talon is back from his excursion and available to speak, Starchief says "I want you to dig into this Church of the New Moons." And to Datephus he says "I want a constant news search going. Anytime Church of the New Moons pops up, I want it logged and analyzed. Where are they, who are they, how many are they, and is Haad the leader? She's involved in this somehow and I want answers!"

        He tirelessly paces the decks of the Dime Store Magic waiting for any sort of information to come forth.
        Starchief
        Andra "Starchief" Sekona
        the Shield of Seeron

        MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

        Saving Throw Bonuses:
        Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
        Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
        Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
        Ledger
        User avatar
        Juan Echo
        Posts: 316
        Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Juan Echo »

        Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [47] = 0
        JiC 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [19] = 19

        Armor
        Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
        Cargo shorts
        Action sandals
        HPC bracelet

        Weapons
        Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

        Effects and skills
        Lore: Galactic (45%) 1d100<45: [94] = 0 - Search Rate-A-Deity
        Streetwise (44%) 1d100<44: [30*] = 1 - Search Rate-A-Deity

        Juan stares at the picture of Haad intently. It never ends. You'd think it would for urqos that played with powers even beyond the gods. And I thought it very much did on Axis-5. Except it didn't. This all leaves Juan with an ill feeling about their enemies. He remembers dying at the hands of an overwhelming and unreal enemy force, and then dying again facing an overwhelming and unreal enemy armada. Actually, that second death was pretty glorious. He is snapped back by Draggor and Metri.
        Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Church... a tool Haad uses? Or actual believer? Mort Fingerling, whether real or not, tool of Haad's?"
        Sage Metri wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:47 pm"Suggest you do, that a greater power behind Haad supporting her is, hmm?If a greater being is, find out more information about them, can we, hmm?"
        "You're right, little sage," Juan says. "Haad's evil cult is a lead we can chase."
        Draggor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm"Datephus, no memory of any loops? No encounters with Haad the rest of us don't remember? Do you remember dying?"
        Datephus(?) wrote:"NEGATIVE. DESCRIBED EVENTS NOT FOUND WITHIN MEMORY BANKS. QUERY… I… DIED?"
        "We died like heroes!" Juan shouts eagerly. The trauma of death seems to have left the immortal god's mind and replaced by the sheer audacity of it all. "A necrol armada invaded Axis-5! There were drop ships with super-soldiers like the ones on Urqos Chief's home planet, and undead organic warships. So we flew up to confront them." He points to Draggor. "You were my co-pilot. Remember? We rammed into the largest warship we could find, and the ship's core exploded! My good friend Wotan* would say it was a death worthy of Valhalla." He lets out a heavy almost wistful sigh. "But it wasn't enough, so we had do it again." He lets out another sigh, more exhausted by the fact that this horrible fight never ends. "And now we have to do it again."

        Juan sits back on the couch and pulls up Rate-A-Deity again. But instead of simply looking for reviews and gawking at the posts, he decides to do some actual research. He looks at the geostamps on the posts for the Church of the New Moons to identify which planets seem to have the largest clusters of believers. Along with that, he checks for cross references to the Free World Council or the Prophet Alexandra.

        *Per Rate-A-Deity
        Monty_Levar_Marlette wrote:Wothan
        Norse Pantheon
        1 out of 10
        This guy is a total fake! I signed up for a time share in his Hall of Warriors. Instead of Valhalla I ended up in a work camp.
        Status: Juan Echo
        M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
        May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
        User avatar
        Ghast
        Posts: 111
        Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Ghast »

        Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 /52%
        Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [69] = 69
        Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
        360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

        H.P.: 33/33
        S.D.C.: 70/70
        I.S.P.: 249/249
        Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
        Weapons & Armor
        Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
        Integrated Force Field: 75/75
        Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
        NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
        Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
        Phase Sword
        Ripper Bayonet
        A Variety of explosives.



        Looking into prolific Assassinations, in the systems affected by the demon incursions, in the last four years.
        Intelligence 1d100: [14] = 14 /62%
        Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [90] = 90 /65%
        Lore: Galactic Aliens 1d100: [41] = 41 /30%
        Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [17] = 17 /35%
        Barter 1d100: [22] = 22 /54%
        Streetwise 1d100: [53] = 53 /52%
        I.D. Undercover Agent 1d100: [47] = 47 /59%


        Ghast decides to get up from where he's been meditating. Stuffing the antique watch into his pocket, Ghast heads out into the station, looking for an info broker who may be able to answer the sudden itch he has in his brain. Why do you even care? If they paid assassins, then that means they had previous opposition, and maybe we can follow that line. Not your worst idea, but it could bring their attention on you. A true statement, but if this works, it won't have happened this way anyways. Touche. Hell yeah, let's get into this fight. Ghast smiles a little at the thought.
        “We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
        Ghast
        Post Reply

        Return to “Phase World: Center”