The Priestess Bride

Only adventured-related threads are found here.
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:39 am Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [62] = 62
Ivy enjoys a stellar meal thanks to Trask. I never thought a soldier in the field could make something this fine!

"Thank you for the meal, it is exceptional. You may have missed your true calling." She smiles as she finishes her bowl.
Granas wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:09 am Granas nods and agrees with Ivy. "Aye, I am. My magic is here to serve." Granas agrees, bowing his head lightly to Ivy then the others with a smile. I will do what I can to see too it everyone makes it home alive. A cause Elena would be proud of. Granas thinks, briefly recalling the sister he hasn't seen in a near a decade. Granas will then move to help Trask unload his mule and food, nodding at the offer of food. "A hearty meal before such a venture would be nice, thank you. I can prepare some good tea and crackers as well, for those interested." Granas offers. Granas will cast "Create Crackers and Tea" [-15 PPE] to bring some warm tea and a pile of crackers to eat with the dumplings.

Once sitting at dinner, Granas reaches for his small satchel hidden beneath his robes and looks towards Ivy while everyone is eating. "With all the commotion, I nearly forgot to give you your share of the payment we received. Small considering the circumstances, but you should have what's yours." Granas says, then pulling out a handful of diamonds from his bag to hand to Ivy. [Granas will give Ivy five 5K diamonds, and one 1K diamond for a total of 26K]

Once dumplings, crackers and tea has been served, Granas looks to the guards now likely surrounding Ivy, the others in their party and how they might be reacting to the new discoveries.
Ivy accepts the diamonds with thanks. For a time she stares into the tea Granas kindly conjured up, considering their situation.

"And what of Goram's payment?" she asks politely.

An idea strikes her. She looks at Alwin, remembering his words. "You rightly said they must pay. I agree with that, but what if we paid instead? Consider this." Glancing at the guards eating their dumplings, and nods at them. "A lot of fine men. But what if we could pay for a larger force? Use Goram's share of the diamonds. I would gladly offer up my own also."

She waits a moment for the idea settle over the group. "Under six hours, could we hire a good number of sellswords on such short notice? Arrive at the enemy lair with an army at our backs. We don't just take Luna back, we eradicate the whole nest of vipers."

She looks to Trask and Alwin, "I know nothing of raising an army. Most hired swords would be concentrated in the city taverns about now. What are our odds of hiring enough of them before they are too drunk?" She pauses a moment, remembering her own experience with dwarven drink, and flushes slightly at the memory.

But if I hadn't done so, I never would have called for help. I might not have been answered. All things came at the right time, so let it be and go forth from this point.
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:29 am Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /37%.
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [30] = 30
Conditions: N/A

Ivy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:58 pm "And what of Goram's payment?" she asks politely.

An idea strikes her. She looks at Alwin, remembering his words. "You rightly said they must pay. I agree with that, but what if we paid instead? Consider this." Glancing at the guards eating their dumplings, and nods at them. "A lot of fine men. But what if we could pay for a larger force? Use Goram's share of the diamonds. I would gladly offer up my own also."

She waits a moment for the idea settle over the group. "Under six hours, could we hire a good number of sellswords on such short notice? Arrive at the enemy lair with an army at our backs. We don't just take Luna back, we eradicate the whole nest of vipers."

She looks to Trask and Alwin, "I know nothing of raising an army. Most hired swords would be concentrated in the city taverns about now. What are our odds of hiring enough of them before they are too drunk?" She pauses a moment, remembering her own experience with dwarven drink, and flushes slightly at the memory.
Alwin noticeably winces at the mention of Sir Goram. So many thoughts rolling through his mind like waves on the shore. The big softy would have wanted the pay to go to something worthwhile. He would have. I'm sure of it! Regardless of how silhouette destroyed whatever was him inside.
The elf sighs as if about to speak up but holds his tongue, He would want something worthwhile... Aiding our travels in the future is worthwhile as well. The elf's brow raises slightly as he does the quick math to figure out the split if they break it up among the remaining members of the group. The elf sighs again, resigned to speak when another thought crashes in his head, What if this Tommas wants some... to repay any damages he inflicted when he went berserk? The elf frowns and leans back in his seat. He reaches for another dumpling while considering what the right thing to do would be.

Finishing chewing the elf leans forward and says, "Time is the issue. Time to find them. Time for them to prepare. Time for them to get here."
Alwin turns to Tommas, "Does the city have a militia prepared for contingencies? I can't imagine the guard we saw at the bottom of the mountain was all of it. Can you reach out to them? 26,000 gold pieces is a tidy sum that could help the city guard individually and as a whole."

Alwin turns to Ivy proud of what he is about to say, "I would gladly support this effort with my share of Sir Goram's diamonds!"
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Tolliver Trask »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Granas wrote:"A hearty meal before such a venture would be nice, thank you. I can prepare some good tea and crackers as well, for those interested."
Trask nods to Granas, accepts the help and the offer of more food to work with. "More hands make light work, or so one of my instructors told me a few decades back. Still didn't reduce the weight of those grain sacks all that much." Trask says with a laugh.
Alwin wrote:"I have a feeling you are a tool of the gods sir! I have a feeling you were sent here to exact their revenge on these foul creatures. To correct this wrong that has plagued our lands. You will all have my bow at your disposal to accomplish this task!"
Trask shakes his head. "Tool no, not likely, more like a playing piece." Trask says, but doesn't elaborate any further.
Ivy wrote:"I know nothing of raising an army. Most hired swords would be concentrated in the city taverns about now. What are our odds of hiring enough of them before they are too drunk?"
Trask shakes his head. "The chances of acquiring any help of quality in six hours is slim. Especially given the nature of what we're gonna be fighting. Personally I would say don't bother, I'd rather not have a dozen more potential threats behind me." Trask say.

Trask busies himself with the meal prep. cooking sausage and vegetables to make a filling for the dumplings, before rendering the fond/juices into a gravy to go with them. The old mercenary will pull plates from the temple's stores and serve out dishes to all present, before grabbing his own plate and finding a chair to sit in. Could do worse than this lot. They have heart for sure. likely they're gonna be paranoid for month after the encounters with these changelings. Nothing to be done about it I guess, age and experience do offer a simple buffer. I offer my thanks to you Lord Utu, I sup on this meal in your name. Trask thinks before he digs in.

When the meal is over, Trask collects the dishes and cleans them, before setting about tending to his own gear. Armor is generally scrap, maybe a hit or two left in it. Maybe I should switch over to one of my lighter suits. Trask thinks as he does a series of rote tasks in effort to maintain his gear. When the day nears midnight Trask will be sitting in the main room waiting.
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
Tolliver Trask; The Suicide King
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:58 pm Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [62] = 62
Alwin wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:37 pm Alwin turns to Ivy proud of what he is about to say, "I would gladly support this effort with my share of Sir Goram's diamonds!"
Ivy nods at Alwin, grateful for his support. "It would go some way to stopping whatever evil that bent his mind. If there was any good remaining in his soul, he'd have wanted that."

Ivy wrote:"I know nothing of raising an army. Most hired swords would be concentrated in the city taverns about now. What are our odds of hiring enough of them before they are too drunk?"
Tolliver Trask wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:43 pm Trask shakes his head. "The chances of acquiring any help of quality in six hours is slim. Especially given the nature of what we're gonna be fighting. Personally I would say don't bother, I'd rather not have a dozen more potential threats behind me." Trask say.
She dips a dumpling in her stew, savoring the familiar warmth against the night's chill that is settling over the mountain. Time is a luxury we do not possess. And what if some are taken during the fight, how can we tell friend from foe when we only just met these new swords?

"Trask speaks truth," she finally says, her voice firm. "We did not even know Goram's mind was bent, and we travelled with him for some time. What if our summons alerted their spies, or they even joined our numbers? Not to mention the chances of enemies we meet taking their places when our minds are occupied with the fight."

"But we also need strength. Perhaps numbers is not the way forward," she turns to Rigel. "Three questions. One, you said this temple was piled high with secrets. Is there anything that might help us in this fight? Some lore on changelings we might know, a book describing some kind of 'Changeling's keep, forever shifting'?"

"Two, what was this journal that was taken from this place? Knowing what is missing might help us learn what awaits us?"

"And three, are there any tricks in this Temple of Locknar that can help against these villains? I can't imagine there would not be."

"We have a few hours to find answers, we should not waste them."

If Rigel seems reluctant, Ivy presses her case. "If you want me to lead this temple, I ought to know more about this place. You cannot deny me."

Invoke Trust/Intimidate 1d100: [29] = 29 / 95%
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:29 am Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /37%.
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [30] = 30
Conditions: N/A
Alwin stands in the group listening. The elf's head looking up and to the right, waiting for... the applause... the cheer... something. He listens to Ivy and Trask go back and forth.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:43 pm Trask shakes his head. "The chances of acquiring any help of quality in six hours is slim. Especially given the nature of what we're gonna be fighting. Personally I would say don't bother, I'd rather not have a dozen more potential threats behind me." Trask say.
Ivy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:06 pm "Trask speaks truth," she finally says, her voice firm. "We did not even know Goram's mind was bent, and we travelled with him for some time. What if our summons alerted their spies, or they even joined our numbers? Not to mention the chances of enemies we meet taking their places when our minds are occupied with the fight."

"But we also need strength. Perhaps numbers is not the way forward," she turns to Rigel. "Three questions. One, you said this temple was piled high with secrets. Is there anything that might help us in this fight? Some lore on changelings we might know, a book describing some kind of 'Changeling's keep, forever shifting'?"
Confusion takes the elf, ...but... I ws going to do the right thing. Ivy continues with her questions to Rigel while Alwin considers the seriousness of the situation. Have they stolen my chance to be magnanimous? Or... does this in fact return my split of the troll's diamonds. While the thought of the extra share does excite Alwin, the loss of being "generous" does give him pause.

They did not even acknowledge how unselfish I was being! Alwin looks back and forth between Granas and Muri, Even more, these two didn't even offer up their shares... I did! Alwin's eyes narrow and he looks toward Granas, "Come half-elf... you must be inclined to include your share of the Troll's diamonds too. I mean, the mutt I get." Alwin directs a thumb toward Muri, "He probably doesn't even care about diamonds since they are inedible. But you... you have elf blood. I would have thought you to speak up right away."

Alwin cranes his head back looking suspiciously, There... they have to acknowledge how generous I was now. "Or, do you lien toward the mercenary's stance? Is it a waste of effort? Too little time? Is that why you didn't also throw your share in? Like I did?"

Alwin turns his head again to the right and up, waiting for the applause. Here it comes...
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:58 pm Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [62] = 62
Alwin wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:37 pm Alwin turns to Ivy proud of what he is about to say, "I would gladly support this effort with my share of Sir Goram's diamonds!"
Ivy nods at Alwin, grateful for his support. "It would go some way to stopping whatever evil that bent his mind. If there was any good remaining in his soul, he'd have wanted that."
Alwin wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:16 pm Alwin's eyes narrow and he looks toward Granas, "Come half-elf... you must be inclined to include your share of the Troll's diamonds too. I mean, the mutt I get." Alwin directs a thumb toward Muri, "He probably doesn't even care about diamonds since they are inedible. But you... you have elf blood. I would have thought you to speak up right away."

Alwin cranes his head back looking suspiciously, There... they have to acknowledge how generous I was now. "Or, do you lien toward the mercenary's stance? Is it a waste of effort? Too little time? Is that why you didn't also throw your share in? Like I did?"
The generosity is good, but the question is how to best apply it.

Ivy nods again to Alwin, "A very worthy idea Alwin, to use the diamonds to get us an edge. The question is how best to use it."

"If mercenaries can't be bought, what about stores where magics can be bought instead?" She looks at Alwin her face uncertain, "Did you see anything like it in Adrianna? Could we get you some kind of magical weapon?"

"I don't want any of you to end up like I did when we meet changelings in numbers."
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Rolls Held wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:09 am Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [88] = 88 / 1d20: [5] = 5

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft |

Skye is circling above the temple, 500ft up, and observing

Track by Sight: 1d100: [73] = 73 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [52] = 52 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [21] = 21 /88% (Not getting shot at)
Ivy wrote:"And what of Goram's payment?" "You rightly said they must pay. I agree with that, but what if we paid instead? Consider this." "A lot of fine men. But what if we could pay for a larger force? Use Goram's share of the diamonds. I would gladly offer up my own also."
Granas nods to Ivy. "I have it with me, available and safe." Granas answers with a soft smile, patting his belt before looking away as Ivy begins to lay out her plan with Alwin. The mind of a war general hidden beneath her gentle facade. For someone who knows nothing of an army, she knows far more than I. The ageless are truly unknowable to humans, aren't they.. it's difficult to relate. And I've little to add to the topic of sellswords. Granas mentally considers as he releases a breathe. Granas finds his attention drawn towards the greater discussion brought forth by Ivy. The wizard also musing on the reversed poem Mürrischer notes with his eyes shut, cross-legged and quiet.
Trask wrote:"The chances of acquiring any help of quality in six hours is slim. Especially given the nature of what we're gonna be fighting. Personally I would say don't bother, I'd rather not have a dozen more potential threats behind me."
Granas nods at this comment. "It means more people we have to worry about being changelings. Better to keep us small and agile. Get to Luna and escape. Remember, I do have a fair amount of magic, including flight, that I can share to a small group." Granas chimes in when a moment allows. They seem to think this is a war when it is a rescue... Granas mentally resigns.
Ivy wrote:
Alwin wrote:
Ivy wrote:"Three questions. One, you said this temple was piled high with secrets. Is there anything that might help us in this fight? Some lore on changelings we might know, a book describing some kind of 'Changeling's keep, forever shifting'?"

"Two, what was this journal that was taken from this place? Knowing what is missing might help us learn what awaits us?"

"And three, are there any tricks in this Temple of Locknar that can help against these villains? I can't imagine there would not be."

"We have a few hours to find answers, we should not waste them."
"Come half-elf... you must be inclined to include your share of the Troll's diamonds too. I mean, the mutt I get."
"A very worthy idea Alwin, to use the diamonds to get us an edge. The question is how best to use it."Did you see anything like it in Adrianna? Could we get you some kind of magical weapon?"
Granas nods at the comment and questions. A better direction, I think. Granas agrees before blinking and glancing towards Alwin then back towards Ivy. She asks the elf if he saw a magic means or means instead of a wizard? I guess magic is just assumed with them. And they both seem to assume we're withholding our shares... Granas blinks in surprise before shaking it off. Granas then offers the elf a small smile and a light shake of his head. "If it is needed, I offer my entire share, Master Alwin." Granas says simply. "Gold, diamonds. I don't care about riches, I care about others, plain and simple. My reward is when life is peaceful and I get to learn and share magic freely with others, so let's work towards that. I almost visited the local Brotherhood of Magic earlier, however we were pressed on time." Granas answers Alwin and Ivy, legitimately pulling out his remaining share in diamonds out of his pocket bag and offering it to Alwin. "Though, until we need to use it, I'll keep it in the bag." Granas then finishes, putting it back into his bag but nodding to Alwin.

"I could make my way to the Brotherhood tonight, they are open at all hours. Though non-members or mages often don't get past the lobby of most Brotherhoods." Granas adds.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:58 pm Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [62] = 62
Granas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:08 pm "Gold, diamonds. I don't care about riches, I care about others, plain and simple. My reward is when life is peaceful and I get to learn and share magic freely with others, so let's work towards that. I almost visited the local Brotherhood of Magic earlier, however we were pressed on time." Granas answers Alwin and Ivy, legitimately pulling out his remaining share in diamonds out of his pocket bag and offering it to Alwin. "Though, until we need to use it, I'll keep it in the bag." Granas then finishes, putting it back into his bag but nodding to Alwin.

"I could make my way to the Brotherhood tonight, they are open at all hours. Though non-members or mages often don't get past the lobby of most Brotherhoods." Granas adds.
Ivy's eyes widen. I didn't even think about that. She shakes her head, as if to clear it.

"Sorry, it has been a very rare and long day," the priestess apologizes. "I did not even think about the Brotherhood. I just thought of stores that specialize in rare items, I recall seeing one like this in Llorn. If I am forgetting something more please tell me, I'm sorry."

She retrieves the dagger that almost killed her just a short time ago. "Could you check if this is magical? Or any of the other things Silhouette dropped before.... leaving? It may be that the answer is already before us."

Ivy considers the options regarding a small stealthy group, or a large force. "I defer to your wisdom on this. A small group may be the best option after all, but if anyone has other ideas please voice it as I have done. I just want to make sure we go forward with the best chances possible."


"What you say about changelings taking our places is very wise. If we are separated, is there some way we can ensure that none of us are replaced by a changleing in disguise? Some pass phrase or something that we can use for one another? Or we could mark in ink a sign on our palm that they would not see?"
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

[Rolls carried]
Alwin wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:37 pm Finishing chewing the elf leans forward and says, "Time is the issue. Time to find them. Time for them to prepare. Time for them to get here."
Alwin turns to Tommas, "Does the city have a militia prepared for contingencies? I can't imagine the guard we saw at the bottom of the mountain was all of it. Can you reach out to them? 26,000 gold pieces is a tidy sum that could help the city guard individually and as a whole."
"I know vee don't have time." He overhears Alwin with his Wolfen ears, pausing his search for the unknown thing he was looking for. "I'm not eveb sure vee can actually prepare anyfing right.
Granas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:08 pmGranas nods at this comment. "It means more people we have to worry about being changelings. Better to keep us small and agile. Get to Luna and escape. Remember, I do have a fair amount of magic, including flight, that I can share to a small group." Granas chimes in when a moment allows. They seem to think this is a war when it is a rescue... Granas mentally resigns.
His gaze finds Granas once they are in the same room again. "I fink two is plenty for now."
Ivy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:27 pm"What you say about changelings taking our places is very wise. If we are separated, is there some way we can ensure that none of us are replaced by a changleing in disguise? Some pass phrase or something that we can use for one another? Or we could mark in ink a sign on our palm that they would not see?"
"Vee could ask how much meat the Wolfen keep in his barrel." He offers a way to know should they become separated at any point.

He has a moments thought on what he is looking for and in the thought debates who would have an answer he can't see. This moment has him chose Granas, at least to start. "Granas. You don't look too busy.
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:29 am Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /37%.
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [30] = 30
Conditions: N/A
Skills:



Post:
Granas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:08 pm "If it is needed, I offer my entire share, Master Alwin." Granas says simply. "Gold, diamonds. I don't care about riches, I care about others, plain and simple. My reward is when life is peaceful and I get to learn and share magic freely with others, so let's work towards that. I almost visited the local Brotherhood of Magic earlier, however we were pressed on time." Granas answers Alwin and Ivy, legitimately pulling out his remaining share in diamonds out of his pocket bag and offering it to Alwin. "Though, until we need to use it, I'll keep it in the bag." Granas then finishes, putting it back into his bag but nodding to Alwin.
Alwin gives Granas an awkward smile. Well played sir. he must have the blood of a high elf in him. The one up was well placed. He even strategized a way for me to make it more of a point. I must watch this one. He has the cunning of a high born.

Alwin coughs into his hand, "Yes, yes! Of course. What is wealth anyway." The elf shrugs as he considers a way out of it, "but alas...it seems time is still the issue. It seems none of us will need to make that sacrifice." Inclining his head, he looks Granas over again, wondering, was his father elf nobility? Was it a drunken night in the villages? All that wonderful elf cunning tainted by the blood of a human female. The thought gives a tingle down Alwin's spine.
Ivy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:27 pm "What you say about changelings taking our places is very wise. If we are separated, is there some way we can ensure that none of us are replaced by a changleing in disguise? Some pass phrase or something that we can use for one another? Or we could mark in ink a sign on our palm that they would not see?"
Alwin considers the question briefly, "I don't know if there is an answer. If they are able to read our minds... a password may be divulged. They may be able to copy us completely, even bits they cannot see." The elf shakes his head defiantly. "No, we do not separate. It is as easy as that. We stick together, kill them all, loot the castle, then burn it to the ground." Alwin finishes the sentence with a nod, "Yes... that should be sufficient to pay for what they have done. For those they have taken from us. Indeed."
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Rolls Held wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:09 am Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [88] = 88 / 1d20: [5] = 5

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft |

Skye is circling above the temple, 500ft up, and observing

Track by Sight: 1d100: [73] = 73 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [52] = 52 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [21] = 21 /88% (Not getting shot at)
Skills:
Recognize Magic: 1d100: [56] = 56 /67% [See if Granas can recognize the dagger's magic]
Recognize Magical Enchantment: 1d100: [69] = 69 /77% [Help fully identify the dagger's magical enchantment]
"Sorry, it has been a very rare and long day," "I did not even think about the Brotherhood. I just thought of stores that specialize in rare items, I recall seeing one like this in Llorn. If I am forgetting something more please tell me, I'm sorry."
Granas smiles towards Ivy and shakes his head softly. "Please Lady Ivy. For someone who has cheated death twice and touched the divine in a single day, you have every right to be exhausted. If I may, I can take Alwin to the Brotherhood perhaps, but you should try to get some actual rest before we embark on this campaign." Granas offers Ivy.
Ivy wrote:"Could you check if this is magical? Or any of the other things Silhouette dropped before.... leaving? It may be that the answer is already before us."
Granas nods and takes the dagger from Ivy. "I can recognize magical items, though not as well as my mentor would prefer, I imagine." Granas says, chuckling softly at the thought as he then looks at the dagger to see if he can recognize it or not. Bastilla would've already identified it without touching it and probably wouldn't say anything just to see if I get it right. Granas muses.
Alwin wrote:
Mürrischer wrote:
Ivy wrote:"I defer to your wisdom on this. A small group may be the best option after all, but if anyone has other ideas please voice it as I have done. I just want to make sure we go forward with the best chances possible."

"What you say about changelings taking our places is very wise. If we are separated, is there some way we can ensure that none of us are replaced by a changleing in disguise? Some pass phrase or something that we can use for one another? Or we could mark in ink a sign on our palm that they would not see?"
"Vee could ask how much meat the Wolfen keep in his barrel."
"I don't know if there is an answer. If they are able to read our minds... a password may be divulged. They may be able to copy us completely, even bits they cannot see."
Granas listens to Ivy as she adds to her thought. She speaks her mind and considers multiple angles. Admirable. Alwin, too. A trait uncommon of most ageless I've met. They seem dead-set in their ways. Granas ponders, nodding slightly in agreement. "Throw salt at each other?" Granas momentarily jests before shaking his head and thinking. Hmm, well, magically I could use my Mystic Mark. Provide everyone with a piece of paper with my mark on it. It wouldn't allow them to see it, though. Not a good option, backup plan at best. In liue of that, something more mundane? And less smelly, hopefully. I appreciate his nose, but my nose doesn't appreciate the same scents. Granas muses before answering "A catch phrase or code word, perhaps. Unless it is lifted from someone's mind.. Hmm there is not an easy means to identify impersonation that I know, not with mere hours. Not a fullproof one anyways. It is one of the reasons they are so feared. If I've had more time... Perhaps some of my kin at the Brotherhood may have an idea." Granas observes, thinking aloud If only I've had time to made them all a wand with their true names inscribed on it, we'd have a fullproof means. Granas considers, then looking to the others, his eyes trailing for the Captain.

"Captain Tomass, would we be able to send word to the guards on the walls of Adrianna so that Alwin and myself might be able to fly quickly to the Brotherhood without fear of being shot?" Granas asks of the Captain
Mürrischer wrote:"Granas. You don't look too busy."
Granas turns to the Wolfen with a smile. "Depends what you need? We don't have much time and I should visit the Brotherhood before our venture." Granas asks.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

[Rolls Carried]
Granas wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:45 pm"I don't know if there is an answer. If they are able to read our minds... a password may be divulged. They may be able to copy us completely, even bits they cannot see."
"Ja, there's an answer." He returns quickly, "I put it there. It's mein barrel of meat."
Granas wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:45 pmGranas turns to the Wolfen with a smile. "Depends what you need? We don't have much time and I should visit the Brotherhood before our venture." Granas asks.
"Mein brain may be playing twicks in me, but i fink after finking that there might be something somevere in the dining space vee missed." He see says knowing in his head he know he doesn't know what he's looking for.
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Locknar »

Pre-battle banquet and planning.
The Temple of Astra
Date: 24 September, 345
Weather: Cloudless night
Time: Early Evening (8:00 pm)

Alwin, Granas, Ivy, Mürrischer, Rigel (NPC), Captain Tomass (NPC), Runidia, Tolliver

  • Sword
  • Dagger with Ivy's blood on it
  • 3 other Daggers thrown at Ivy.
  • Broken dagger (blade in Trask, hilt found elsewhere)



Vows made, fellowship formed
The sun has set. Ivy, our gnome priestess, bows her head in a quick prayer of thanks and she considers the implications of what is to come.

The weight of the coming battle settles upon Ivy like a shroud. Taking a deep breath, she raises her voice, her small frame surprisingly commanding the attention of the room. "Who," she asks, with rising confidence, "is willing?"

Looking about, one can see indeed, it is a motley crew assembled by circumstance in the main hall of the temple.

"Aye, I'll join you lot." Trask says, before tamping out his pipe.
Granas nods and agrees with Ivy. "Aye, I am. My magic is here to serve."
Alwin's chest presses out, his head rises, and a sense of resolve shows on the elf, "They MUST pay!" He then proceeds to describe in detail how deeply red the ledger runs by his reckoning.

If one were to scan the faces of Tomass' men, one would see in them a mixture of emotions – fear, uncertainty, but also defiance. Their man Olegs, after all, was killed today. These are men who know well the risks they are to take, to follow a small gnome priestess against an unknown enemy empowered by dark magic. Yet, one can see the respect in their eyes for Ivy's apparent holiness, and there is clear respect for the strange band of heroes that have fought to save this temple.

Finally, Tomass meets Ivy's gaze, a flicker of admiration passes between them. He straightens his shoulders, an air of command in his voice. "We came here to protect this place," he declares, his gaze sweeping over his men. "We witnessed their savagery firsthand. I will not stand by. We fight at midnight."

Some men exchange hesitant glances, but most meet Tomass' gaze with determination. Whatever fear they feel is overshadowed by a sense of duty, and of solidarity.

"Fight for what's right," one declares.
"For Olegs!" another shouts.

A murmur of agreement ripples through the room.


A very special meal
And so folk get to work. Soon there is flickering torchlight that dances wildly across the cavernous hall of the Temple of Astra. They paint long shadows on the stone walls. Trask busies himself in the kitchen. The air soon hangs heavy with the scent of savory stew and dumplings. Trask stirs the bubbling pot of stew with concentration; almost as if he is working magic. His dumplings are already inside, floating at the top. And yes, they are indeed magical.

Granas joins Trask and performs an incantation of his own. A tendril of smoke curls from his outstretched hand, morphing into a steaming teapot and a plate piled high with delicate crackers.

Rigel emerges, with a heavy sack slung over his shoulder. "Apologies for the meager offering," he says, "but I managed to scrounge some bread from the pantry. Not the freshest, I'm afraid, but it should hold us over." His grin widens as he reaches Trask's pot, the rich aroma of stew causing his eyes to widen in delight. "By the gods, Trask," he exclaims, "that smells like heaven!"

Soon Trask dishes out hearty portions into clay bowls, and a line of Tomass' men quickly forms to enjoy the soldier's generosity.

Our heroes also rise to collect some of the delicious smelling food. As Ivy rises to collect food, her diminutive frame is dwarfed by the surrounding warriors. Moving to the pot, a hush falls over the men. Each of our heroes find that each of Tomass' men step aside and allow them to be first in line.
To the priestess, their eyes widen with respect. They see not just a gnome, but a conduit for divine power.

During the meal there is much discussion.

Trask asks of the Captain, "Captain Tomass, you wouldn't happen to have a spare suit of heavy armor I could borrow for the challenge?"

Tomass' looks up from his bowl of dumplings. His gaze then falls on Trask's armor, and his brow furrows in concern. That look is quickly replaced by a look of steely determination. He straightens his back. "Leave it to me, soldier," he declares, his voice firm. "We'll find something that fits. A warrior like you isn't going into this under-equipped." With a hearty chuckle, he adds, "I wouldn't want to see a man who cooks stew this good meet his end in battle."

Tomass gestures to one of his lieutenants, a young man with a sharp jawline and polished armour. "Bobby, find a suitable suit of armor from our reserves," he instructs, "and see that it's adjusted if necessary. You have until midnight."

The young lieutenant salutes smartly, and turns to Trask. "I'll take that suit from you sir. It will give me something to compare with. I'll have a few suits brought up that are as close as can be managed." Bobby then helps Trask out of his damaged splint, leaving him in his padded underjacket, and hurries off.

Alwin enjoys his meal more by silently plotting ways to attach a mule's head onto Prince Humperdinck's headless corpse.

The heartwarming imaginations of the elf are interrupted by a practical matter - the issue of resources for the upcoming battle. Granas reaches into his bag and retrieves a pouch of sparkling diamonds; Ivy's share of their previous rewards.

Ivy accepts the pouch with a grateful nod, and asks of Goram's share. The priestess asks whether hiring additional muscle is worthwhile. It sparks a lively discussion and opinions fly back and forth.

Ivy is willing to use her diamonds. Granas is willing to use his diamonds. Alwin is willing to use Goram's diamonds. Ultimately Trask shakes his head. "The chances of acquiring any help of quality in six hours is slim. Especially given the nature of what we're gonna be fighting. Personally I would say don't bother, I'd rather not have a dozen more potential threats behind me." Mürrischer openly doubts there is time for such a task.

Captain Tomass listens intently to the discussion about hiring mercenaries, his face openly skeptical and mirroring Trask. He clears his throat, his voice gruff yet respectful.

"While I appreciate the thought, friends," he says, his gaze sweeping across the group, "acquiring reliable mercenaries on such short notice is a gamble. It would involve hours of travel to Adrianna and back, and even then, their loyalty and skills remain uncertain."

He pauses, letting his words sink in before continuing. "I understand the desire for more manpower, but you shouldn't risk wasting your resources on unreliable allies. You already have thirty-six of my men, seasoned and loyal."

Some discussion is then had over how changelings infiltrating the group might be discovered before disaster strikes. Alas after a number of views on the subject there are no solid answers, though a few float theories.

Mürrischer suggests the special question to be asked in challenge, "Vee could ask how much meat the Wolfen keep in his barrel." Though it seems even the heroes themselves seem not to know the answer to that one. Ultimately Alwin suggests the group to remain as one and not separate. Not through his planned slaughter, nor the looting, nor the burning of the place it to the ground. The elf clearly thinks such activities should be a team sport.

Mürrischer finishes his meal and wanders about the floors. "Mein brain may be playing twicks in me, but i fink after finking that there might be something somevere in the dining space vee missed." The wolfen seems to wander aimlessly a bit, and to this Rigel raises an eyebrow in amusement. "Oh there's the cellar door. Hardly hidden, it's just over there." He points, and yes it is blindingly
Mürrischer failed his original check to find this quite badly.
. Rigel adds, "You'll find my work area there for making ciders and ale. And just a few barrels. I could show it to you if you like."

The Cellars
A sudden sly grin spreads across Rigel's face for he sees an opportunity. "Come with me, you've given me an idea," he offers the wolfen, his voice laden with mischief. "I will show you the greatest treasure in this temple. Perhaps, in this entire land."

With a flourish Rigel hauls the trapdoor open. A steep stairway is revealed, which leads down to a spacious cellar.

"Come along," he beckons Mürrischer. Below, the wolfen sees barrels neatly arranged against the stone walls, and in the central area, workbenches overflow with tools and equipment for brewing.

A smirk plays on Rigel's lips as he reveals his domain. "Behold!" he declares with a theatrical flourish. "Here is my work area for making ciders and ales. And more than a few barrels."

He gives Mürrischer a quick tour, his eyes twinkling with pride, before selecting a particularly large oak barrel. "You look like a strong one," he remarks, sizing up the wolfen. "How about you take this up to the kitchens? It is special."

If Mürrischer agrees, he finds himself lugging the heavy barrel back up the stairs, his strength put to good use. If not, a grizzled sergeant is summoned and does the honors.


The Toast
The meal is enjoyed by all. Tomass' soldiers take second helpings, a clear sign of their approval. One of Tomass' officers, a man called Sergeant Dainis raises his mug in a toast.

"We raise a mug tonight not just to victory, but to the fuel that fires our strength - this exceptional meal! A hearty thanks to you Mr Trask. May your fires burn bright, and your stews never be watery! To Mr Trask! Huzzah!"

"Huzzah!" the men thunder enthusiastically in reply.

Captain Tomass then leans forward, his gaze meeting each party member in turn. "Consider how do you see my men being used. Do you envision them guarding the portal, ensuring your safe return, or participating in the attack itself?"

A hint of pride flickers in his eyes as he adds, "While they might not be the stealthiest bunch, they fight with discipline and purpose. They'll be a force to be reckoned with, if you decide to unleash them."


Granas investigates the dagger
Ivy asks Granas about the dagger she has. It once belonged to Silhouette, but now has enough gnome blood upon it that the priestess could claim it as a relation. Granas squints at it, his brow furrows in concentration as he cradles the seemingly ordinary
Image
in his hands. It is a beautiful piece. To Granas, the air seems to faintly hum around the object. He traces the curving lines of the blade, his keen eyes scanning the intricate etchings that adorn the surface. Delicate, almost invisible sigils are indeed woven amidst the detail designs of leaves, but their purpose is veiled to him. He can sense a power within it, something that repels evil like a beacon against darkness. It is clear to the wizard that if Ivy were an evil being, she would not have survived the strike. Yet, the specifics are hidden just beyond his grasp. It is a subtle enchantment, a whisper on the wind, a secret the dagger holds close.

Code: Select all

[b]Unknown Magical Dagger[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/13772/19/Magic_dagger_1.png[/img]
[i]Rare Enchanted Dagger[/i]
[size=85][list][*]Range: Close Combat or ranged
[*]Damage: 1D6
[*]Weight: 1 lb
[*]Features: [list]W.P. Knife; one-handed and 10-20" long.[*]Range: 40' for P.S. 3-19, 80' for Ex. P.S. 20-30, 200' for SN P.S. 18+[/list]
[*]Magic Features:
[list][*]This weapon appears to affect evil in some unknown way. Its powers remain secret.[/list]
[*]Modifiers: Unknown.[/list][/size]



Researching Lore or Frantic Flights?
Granas asks the Captain about forewarning the city if he and Alwin were to make haste by flying into the city at night. He nods once, "Yes, we can get word to them quickly." He hikes a thumb at one of the grey hooded men nearby.

And so Granas offers to go into town with Alwin. "I could make my way to the Brotherhood tonight, they are open at all hours. Though non-members or mages often don't get past the lobby of most Brotherhoods."

Yet Ivy's mental gears are still grinding, leaving a trail of furrowed brow in their wake. She voices another option for the group, saying, "But we also need strength. Perhaps numbers is not the way forward." She turns to Rigel, her voice firm. "Three questions. One, you said this temple was piled high with secrets. Is there anything that might help us in this fight? Some lore on changelings we might know, a book describing some kind of 'Changeling's keep, forever shifting'?"

Rigel shifts under her gaze, his eyes darting away. "Well, uh... there might be some old texts on changelings in a restricted section, but..."

"And," Ivy presses, her voice not pausing to allow room for debate, "what was this journal that was taken from this place? Knowing what is missing might help us learn what awaits us?"

Rigel blinks. "There's got to be dozens of journals. Hundreds! I couldn't possibly figure out which ..."

"And lastly," Ivy interrupts, her voice sounding something like a temple leader's ought to, "are there any tricks in this Temple of Locknar that can help against these villains? I can't imagine there wouldn't be."

Rigel hesitates, a flicker of a smile crossing his eyes before he bows his head piously. "Yes, Holiness," he intones, his voice laced with a hint of mockery. Whether it was genuine or simply a mask remains unclear. He takes a deep breath, and adopts a tone that mimics the priestess's surprisingly forceful one.

Rigel suddenly claps loudly, snapping you all to attention. He seems to have recovered some of his original self, a spark has returned. He seems.. hopeful. Was it the dumplings? A wise man once said a good meal is a cure for all ills.

"Right then, listen up, scholars and sages-in-training!" he announces, his voice booming through the temple hall. "First things first, I need some brave souls to delve into the dusty depths of changeling lore. We might find some hidden knowledge tucked away in those ancient tomes, but let's be honest," he continues, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper that is only heard by our heroes, "your humble priest here is more talented with a fermentation vat than a dusty scroll. Let's leave the wisdom to the wise, eh?"

He winks at Ivy, a playful glint in his eyes. "Second," he says, his tone shifting to nonchalance as he shrugs, "Luna, bless her meticulous soul, kept meticulous records of what she transcribed. You see, books, unlike my undeniable charm, don't last forever. So, one of her many, many duties was copying the older ones and swapping them out. Now, if you possess," he drawls, leaning back against the stone wall, "the disposition, for sifting through every record she kept, cross-referencing it with the existing books, you might just discover what precious tome went missing. But remember," he adds, his voice dripping with mock seriousness, "I need volunteers, brave and strong, because frankly, I'm far too handsome to be stuck hunched over dusty manuscripts."

A chuckle ripples through the hall from soldiers hearing the exchange, it eases the tension. That might have been the young priests intent, for Rigel has proven to be wily in the past. Indeed, ever the showman, Rigel continues, his voice taking on a theatrical flourish. "Finally, to address your query about hidden tricks within these sacred walls," he declares, tapping his chest dramatically, "I assure you, the Temple of Locknar holds secrets aplenty. But alas," he sighs, feigning despair, "they're all locked away in scrolls of ancient magic. Deciphering those requires a seasoned spellcaster, someone far wiser than myself. You see," he concludes with a wink, "while I may possess an undeniable sense of style, magic, unfortunately, escapes my grasp entirely."


Research Tasks for next post:
For those of you remaining at the Temple of Astra, you may select one task to work on. You cannot multitask, and time is short.

Prerequisites: You must be literate in at least one language. Otherwise you cannot participate, but you can read in the shelf for
Dear Illiterate One, welcome to learning! Your selection includes:


This vibrantly illustrated picture book follows Elara, a young elf with sparkling green eyes and golden hair. She embarks on an enchanting journey to learn her first Elvish words.

Page 1-2: The cover showcases Elara gracefully leaping between two blossoming trees, sunlight shimmering through the emerald leaves. The title is written in flowing elvish script with elegant depictions of natural wonders beneath each letter (e.g., a shimmering dewdrop for "D," a delicate flower for "F").

Page 3-4: We see Elara waking up in her woven hammock nestled amidst the branches of a giant tree. Sunlight streams through the leaves, illuminating a colourful dreamcatcher above her. A thought bubble with a question mark appears next to Elara, with a tiny image of a butterfly inside.

Page 5-6: Elara joins her mother in a sunny green clearing, where they practice archery. Elara carefully aims her miniature bow at a target painted on a distant tree. The elvish word for "bow" and "target" appear in glowing green script above Elara's head.

Page 7-8: Elara and her father explore a hidden waterfall teeming with bright iridescent dragonflies. They marvel at the cascading water and the vibrant flowers clinging to the rocks. The words for "waterfall," "dragonfly," and "flower" shimmer in elvish script.

Page 9-10: Elara joins a group of young elves for a musical gathering. They play sweet melodies on instruments carved from nature – flutes made of reeds, drums made from hollowed logs, and string instruments woven from vines. The words for "music," "instrument," and "play" dance above Elara's head in musical notes.

Page 11-12: Elara helps her grandmother gather shimmering moonstones from a hidden grove bathed in moonlight. They whisper stories about the moonstones' magical properties. The words for "moonstone," "magic," and "story" appear in a silvery glow.

Page 13-14: Curled up in a cozy nook beneath a glowing crystal lamp, Elara traces her finger across a book filled with elegant elvish symbols. Her eyes widen in delight as she recognizes the words she learned throughout the day.

The last page shows Elara perched on a high branch, gazing out at the moonlit forest. A thought bubble filled with various elvish words signifies her budding vocabulary. A gentle breeze rustles the leaves, whispering a soft "well done" in the elvish tongue.



This brightly colored picture book follows a young dwarf named Dwalin on his exciting journey to learn his first dwarven words. Here's a breakdown of the story and illustrations:

Page 1-2: The cover depicts a cheerful Dwalin, barely taller than his pickaxe, standing proudly in front of a bustling dwarven city carved into a mountainside. The title is written in large, bold dwarven lettering with illustrations of familiar objects underneath each letter (e.g., an axe for "A," a helmet for "H").

Page 3-4: Dwalin wakes up in his cozy bed, sunlight filtering through the round window. He stretches with a yawn, a thought bubble pops up above his head with a question mark and a pickaxe drawn inside.

Page 5-6: Dwalin enters a bustling smithy filled with dwarves hammering away at anvils. He approaches his father, who is carefully crafting a beautiful axe. The thought bubble above Dwalin now has a dwarven word for "axe" written in it.

Page 7-8: Dwalin follows his mother through a tunnel filled with sparkling crystals. They reach a shimmering lake – the word for "crystal" and "lake" appear in Dwalin's thought bubble.

Page 9-10: Dwalin sits at a long table with other dwarven children during a meal. They share plates piled high with roasted meat and vegetables. "Food," "meat," and "vegetables" appear in Dwalin's thought bubble.

Page 11-12: Dwalin explores the city with his friends. They play near a flowing waterfall and climb a rocky mountain path. "Waterfall," "mountain," and "friend" appear in Dwalin's thought bubble.

Page 13-14: Dwalin enjoys a pint of beer as all dwarven children do. The thought bubble above Dwalin has a dwarven word for "beer" on it. Then he snuggles into bed with a book filled with dwarven symbols. He smiles, holding his finger up excitedly as he recognizes the words he learned throughout the day.

The last page shows Dwalin proudly wearing a small miner's helmet, holding a miniature pickaxe. He grins at the reader, a thought bubble bursting with various dwarven words, signifying his growing vocabulary.



This action-packed picture book follows Wulfgar, a boisterous wolf pup with piercing blue eyes and fur as black as night. He learns his first Wolfen growls and snarls (because really, that is a wolfen's warmest possible greeting).

Page 1-2: The cover bursts with primal energy! Wulfgar leaps through a dense forest, teeth bared, chasing a startled rabbit. The rabbit does not escape, and there is a foldout on the page revealing a bloody end to the rabbit (there is a letter underneath, stating that "B" is for blood). Also the title of this page is written in bold, jagged lettering of the Wolfen with illustrations of various hunting tools beneath each letter. (e.g., a knife for "K," a claw for "C").

Page 3-4: We see Wulfgar emerging from a cozy den nestled amongst gnarled roots. He stretches with a ferocious yawn, a thought bubble pops up above his head with a question mark and a snarling wolf face drawn inside.

Page 5-6: Wulfgar races through the undergrowth, tail wagging with gleeful anticipation. He spots a plump squirrel gathering nuts and pounces with lightning speed. The word for "squirrel" and "hunt" appear in growling Wolfen script above Wulfgar. The squirrel is quickly killed by snapping its neck, and the word "kill" is shown.

Page 7-8: Wulfgar returns to the den, proudly presenting his catch to his mother, a formidable she-wolf with a battle scar across her eye. She chomps on the squirrel with a satisfied growl. "Fressen" (German for "Eat") appears in large, bold letters above them.

Page 9-10: Wulfgar joins other wolf pups for wrestling practice. They roll around in the dirt, nipping and snarling playfully. The words for "fight" and "friend" appear in growling Wolfen script.

Page 11-12: Wulfgar and his father patrol the forest border, 'marking their territory' with a powerful scent on nearby trees. They encounter a lone boar and engage in a fierce battle. The words for "territory" and "battle" are written in growling Wolfen script.

Page 13-14: After a long day of hunting and training, Wulfgar joins his pack for a hearty feast. They devour a large roasted boar, leaving nothing but bones. A giant sausage hangs prominently in the corner, labeled "Wurst" (German for "sausage").

The last page shows Wulfgar proudly wearing a miniature wolf pelt, his chest puffed out. He lets out a triumphant howl, a thought bubble bursting with various Wolfen growls and snarls, signifying his growing understanding of his language and heritage.



This vibrantly illustrated picture book follows Helga, a spirited young Viking with fiery red braids and eyes that sparkle like the sea, on her exciting journey to learn the first words of Northern tongue of humanity.

Page 1-2: The cover depicts a cheerful Helga, holding a wooden sword and shield, standing proudly on the deck of a longships, waves crashing against its sides. The title is written in bold runic script with familiar objects underneath each rune (e.g., a hammer for "M," a ship for "S").

Page 3-4: We see Helga waking up in her cozy longhouse, sunlight streaming through a hole in the roof. She stretches with a yawn, a thought bubble pops up above her head with a question mark and a loaf of bread drawn inside.

Page 5-6: Helga joins her father, a burly warrior with a braided beard, at breakfast. He dips a thick slice of bread into a bowl of stew while sharpening his axe. The word for "bread" and "axe" appear in bold runic script next to them.

Page 7-8: Helga follows her mother outside the longhouse. Her mother demonstrates how to weave fishing nets while singing a lively song. The words for "fish" and "sing" appear in runic script beside the net. Someone has written on this page, and a childish scrawl here reads "V-A-L-E-N J-O-S-T-E-N".

Page 9-10: Helga practices throwing a small spear with her friends at a wooden target that resembles a goblin. They cheer for each other, their faces flushed with excitement. The words for "throw" and "friend" appear in runic script above their heads.

Page 11-12: Helga explores the lush meadows near the longhouse. She spots a majestic stag grazing peacefully and creeps closer, her wooden sword gripped tightly. The words for "stag" and "hunt" appear in runic script next to her.

Page 13-14: Back at the longhouse, Helga sits by the fire with her grandfather, who tells stories of mighty Northern gods and valiant warriors. He carves intricate designs on a piece of wood. The words for "story" and "carve" appear in runic script.

The last page shows Helga standing proudly on a grassy knoll, holding her wooden sword aloft towards the sky. A thought bubble filled with various runic symbols signifies her growing vocabulary. Behind her, the longhouse stands tall, a symbol of her heritage, and a raven soars overhead, its watchful eyes mirroring the spirit of a young Northman learner.



This book teaches the Eastern dialect of the human tongue. It is a bright and vivid adventure, with handsome illustrations. The pages are well worn, and it seems this book has delighted several generations of children.

Page 1-2: The cover features a smiling Ruby, a young girl with bright eyes, skipping through a sunny forest path. She wears a bright red hooded cloak, and a basket filled with goodies peeks out. The title is written in colorful bubble letters, with pictures of familiar objects next to each letter (e.g., an apple for "A," a basket for "B").

Page 3-4: Ruby wakes up in her cozy cottage bedroom. Sunlight streams through the window. She stretches with a yawn, a thought bubble pops up above her head with a happy face and the word "Wake Up!" inside.

Page 5-6: Ruby joins her Mother in the kitchen. Together, they bake delicious cookies. Ruby helps stir the batter, sprinkling in chocolate chips. The word for "Mother", "Bake" and "Cookie" appear next to them.

Page 7-8: Uh oh! Somewhere in the woods where Grandma lives, she isn't feeling well. She looks pale and coughs. The word "Sick" appears above her head with a frowny face.

Page 9-10: Back in her home, Ruby packs a basket filled with cookies and a warm pot of tea. She wears her bright red hood and skips down the path towards her Grandma's cabin deep in the woods. The word "Basket" and "Forest" appear next to the corresponding images.

Page 11-12: On her way, Ruby meets a friendly Woodcutter chopping logs. He has a big beard and a friendly smile. The word "Woodcutter" and "Hello" appear in speech bubbles above them.

Page 13-14: Suddenly, a sly voice calls out from behind a tree. A large wolf with cunning eyes emerges. The word "Wolf" appears next to him, and a thought bubble with a question mark appears above his head.

Page 15-16: The wolf pretends to be kind and asks Ruby where she's going. He asks her about her lovely red hood. The words "Kind" and "Red" appear next to the wolf.

Page 17-18: Ruby is happy to chat and tells the wolf everything. She says she's going to see her Grandma who is feeling unwell. The word "Grandma" appears next to the cabin in the distance.

Page 19-20: The sneaky wolf races ahead and reaches Grandma's cabin first. He jumps through the window, gobbles her up whole, and hides under the covers, pretending to be sick! The word "Hide" appears above the wolf under the covers.

Page 21-22: Ruby arrives at the cabin with her basket. She is shown calling out. A gruff voice answers, but the words are drawn to be thick and deep looking, not at all normal. The words "Call" and "Deep" appear next to the speech bubbles.

Page 23-24: Ruby approaches the bed and sees a very big head under the covers. Her eyes widen in shock! The word "Shock" appears above Ruby's head with a surprised gasp.

Page 25-26: Thinking quickly, Ruby remembers the Woodcutter's strong axe. She races outside and calls for help. The word "Help" appears above her in a large speech bubble.

Page 27-28: The Woodcutter hears her calls and rushes over with his axe. He bursts into the cabin and sees the wolf disguised as Grandma! The word "Disguised" appears next to the wolf.

Page 29-30: With a mighty swing, the Woodcutter chops off the wolf's head! The word "Chop" appears next to the action. Ruby and the Woodcutter are safe, thanks to Ruby's cleverness.

The last page shows Ruby and the Woodcutter sharing a plate of cookies baked fresh from Grandma's oven, who is somehow happily recovered from being devoured by a bloodthirsty wolf. The means by which this feat is achieved is sadly not described in this tome. This is, after all, a children's story, and the happy endings is a nice touch. Indeed, all the characters smile at the reader, relieved and happy.

The End.


Enjoy reacting to these tomes.
.

Choose your task:

Task 1: Research Changeling Lore.
Information on possible strongholds, locations or anything 'forever shifting'. Potential bonus if very successful; the precise meaning behind the god's verse 'forever shifting'.

Relevant skills: Research, History, Religion, Lore: Demons & Monsters, Literacy (any, the more the better roll for each)


Task 2: Deduce which book was taken.
Review Luna's many records and cross-referencing it with the existing books that are scattered about a ransacked library. Find what time went missing. Potential bonus if very successful; locate any other tomes that reference the missing one to learn something of it.

Relevant skills: Research, Intelligence, Literacy (any)


Task 3: Research magical temple scrolls.
These scrolls contain a strange magic not seen in the game to date. You cannot transcribe it to your player spell list, but you can bring about something special. Potential bonus if very successful; learn to actually work the spell before midnight.

Relevant skills: Research, Lore: Magic



There are 4 hours remaining until midnight.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 72/110 P.P.E.
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 6/54 I.S.P., 143/245 P.P.E.
Ivy: 18/22 H.P., 23/23 S.D.C., 27/41 I.S.P. | Armor: Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC)
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 28/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 20/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [24] = 24

Conditions: H.P.: 18/22, S.D.C.: 23/23, P.P.E.: 27/52 | I.S.P.: 13/41 | Spell Strength: 12 | Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC : Fire Resistant Half Damage)

Ivy, despite the pressing situation, couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Rigel's dramatics.

Holiness? Really?

She feels more like she barely treading water than some kind of holy leader. But needs must, and Rigel, for all his bluster, seems to have a strange charisma that has gotten the everyone's attention.

Ivy also cannot help but notice how very conveniently Rigel had managed to delegate the most tedious tasks. Still, delving into the temple's archives would not be a walk in the park, particularly if the library was just ransacked.

She was fluent in Dwarven script, but navigating the likely disorganized mess of the library is another story entirely. It will take hours, but it might be time well spent.

Luna's meticulous records, eh? Rigel's words about Luna echo in her mind.

"Maybe," she says, "if Luna is as detailed as Rigel says, we could at least eliminate some options. Identify the journals from the regular texts. Still…" she sighs, picturing the sheer volume of books, "even with a targeted search, re-stacking that lot is going to take hours."

"I maybe best suited to the first task, the third is likely to be beyond my understanding," she looks to Granas, "but not others."

Laboring on Task 1:
Literacy: Dwarven 1d100: [13] = 13 / 91%
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [76] = 76 / 81%
Lore: Religion 1d100: [74] = 74 / 86%
History 1d100: [26] = 26 / 91%
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /37%.
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [40] = 40
Conditions: N/A

Skills:
Lore: Magic General Knowledge: 55% vs 1d100: [39] = 39 - applied to Task 3
Decipher Magic (4) - 10-minute duration, read scrolls at a 94% success rate.
- Read scrolls 94% - 1d100: [46] = 46 - applied to Task 3
Detect Concealment & Traps 55% vs 1d100: [84] = 84 - Look for any hidden doors or items along his walk.
Pick Locks 65% vs 1d100: [82] = 82 - If he finds any locked doors or cabinets.


Post:
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pm "Right then, listen up, scholars and sages-in-training!" he announces, his voice booming through the temple hall. "First things first, I need some brave souls.... books... dusty manuscripts... I assure you, the Temple of Locknar holds secrets aplenty..."

Task 3: Research magical temple scrolls.
These scrolls contain a strange magic not seen in the game to date. You cannot transcribe it to your player spell list, but you can bring about something special. Potential bonus if very successful; learn to actually work the spell before midnight.
Relevant skills: Research, Lore: Magic
Alwin listens as Rigel suggests possible ways of unlocking secrets. Only the one statement really sticks in his mind, the Temple of Locknar holds secrets aplenty... The elf smiles as he reminds himself silently. I am sure it does! Secrets are good.

Alwin finishes up his meal and slowly makes his way to the library looking for the scrolls Rigel mentioned. Standing in front of the shelves he sighs. The thoughts of studying and reading reminds him of his lost teacher telling him he should be more focused on his studies. Studies don't pay for meat or mead... He begrudgingly makes his way to the scrolls and starts to review them when a thought crosses his mind, maybe I can make this easier... Alwin steps back and casts a spell on the scrolls, decipher magic... isn't magic meant to make life easier anyway? With a chuckle he returns to reading the scrolls.

After about an hour Alwin stands up and stretches remembering how boring studying really is. Maybe just a little break... The elf decides a walk is in order to stretch his legs and clear his mind. Along the way he decides it is a good idea to look for anything else that might help them in the battle, maybe there are secrets locked away... not in scrolls... Alwin finds himself looking rather thoroughly as he walks. Moving paintings aside, lifting rugs and knocking on walls. Surely there is something here...

Along the way he also looks for a scabbard for the new sword he picked up outside and anything he can use for sewing.
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [19] = 19
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive) , Ambidextrous, Resistant to Cold (Soupcon; 1/2 damage from Cold based attacks).
HP: 54/54
S.D.C.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 27/44
P.P.E.: 10/10
Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 20/82; -15% Prowl, Spd reduced by 20%
Tower Shield of the Hex Indestructible


Rolls for Task 2
Research 1d100: [80] = 80 /40% Fail
Literacy: Eastern 1d100: [77] = 77 /75% Fail
Literacy: Wolfen 1d100: [40] = 40 /35% Fail


Trask sighs and begins trying to look through the detailed notes, and comparing them to the books laying around. Utu preserve me, this seems an impossible task. Whether it's impatience, a lack of expertise, tiredness, or something else... it doesn't look good for Trask finding anything in the proverbial haystack. This could be coupled with general nerves of an upcoming battle, versus an unknown foe. Three hours into his search, Trask gives up, setting the book down and making his way back to the main area. "A scholar I am not."

Trask will gather his gear and wait for Captain Tomass' man to bring him the suit of armor he said he would. During this time, Trask looks through his personal weapons. sharpening swords and knives and checking the bindings of the rest of his kit. "No idea what I'm walking into, but I have my boots and my helmet, I should be able to walk into battle I guess." Trask says to no one in particular.
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
Tolliver Trask; The Suicide King
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100: [39] = 39 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [97] = 97
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pm A very special meal

Mürrischer finishes his meal and wanders about the floors. "Mein brain may be playing twicks in me, but i fink after finking that there might be something somevere in the dining space vee missed." The wolfen seems to wander aimlessly a bit, and to this Rigel raises an eyebrow in amusement. "Oh there's the cellar door. Hardly hidden, it's just over there." He points, and yes it is blindingly
Mürrischer failed his original check to find this quite badly.
. Rigel adds, "You'll find my work area there for making ciders and ale. And just a few barrels. I could show it to you if you like."
"Oh vut could dat be?" His interest is peeked.
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pm The Cellars

A sudden sly grin spreads across Rigel's face for he sees an opportunity. "Come with me, you've given me an idea," he offers the wolfen, his voice laden with mischief. "I will show you the greatest treasure in this temple. Perhaps, in this entire land."

With a flourish Rigel hauls the trapdoor open. A steep stairway is revealed, which leads down to a spacious cellar.

"Come along," he beckons Mürrischer. Below, the wolfen sees barrels neatly arranged against the stone walls, and in the central area, workbenches overflow with tools and equipment for brewing.
The Wolfen tilts his head at the suggestion of an 'idea'. What could his idea possibly be with alcohol? He curiously follows Rigel down to the cellar.
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pmA smirk plays on Rigel's lips as he reveals his domain. "Behold!" he declares with a theatrical flourish. "Here is my work area for making ciders and ales. And more than a few barrels."

He gives Mürrischer a quick tour, his eyes twinkling with pride, before selecting a particularly large oak barrel. "You look like a strong one," he remarks, sizing up the wolfen. "How about you take this up to the kitchens? It is special."
His eyes widen to the amount of beer now around him. He even takes the tour of his brewery gladly, taking i the sight of his many barrels and the scent of every flavor seeping through the wood of the barrels. "Ja? Shouldn't be too hard. He agrees and brings a barrel up with him on the way back up.
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pmThe Toast
A hint of pride flickers in his eyes as he adds, "While they might not be the stealthiest bunch, they fight with discipline and purpose. They'll be a force to be reckoned with, if you decide to unleash them."
Wherever the barrel is set when he hears a plan for stealth, Mürrischer's ear turns before slowly the rest of his head follows suit. "They could twy to keep up with me? I twavel the voods by occupation and know a fing or two about sneaking about."
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pmResearching Lore or Frantic Flights?

Rigel blinks. "There's got to be dozens of journals. Hundreds! I couldn't possibly figure out which ..."
Oh no. my one weakness these days... reading. Well at least two of the little elves and humans know I can't, but what does that do? He consciously restrains an ear wilting as to hide his doubt in himself to be of any use.
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pmResearch Tasks for next post:
For those of you remaining at the Temple of Astra, you may select one task to work on. You cannot multitask, and time is short.

Prerequisites: You must be literate in at least one language. Otherwise you cannot participate, but you can read in the shelf for
Dear Illiterate One, welcome to learning! Your selection includes:


This vibrantly illustrated picture book follows Elara, a young elf with sparkling green eyes and golden hair. She embarks on an enchanting journey to learn her first Elvish words.

Page 1-2: The cover showcases Elara gracefully leaping between two blossoming trees, sunlight shimmering through the emerald leaves. The title is written in flowing elvish script with elegant depictions of natural wonders beneath each letter (e.g., a shimmering dewdrop for "D," a delicate flower for "F").

Page 3-4: We see Elara waking up in her woven hammock nestled amidst the branches of a giant tree. Sunlight streams through the leaves, illuminating a colourful dreamcatcher above her. A thought bubble with a question mark appears next to Elara, with a tiny image of a butterfly inside.

Page 5-6: Elara joins her mother in a sunny green clearing, where they practice archery. Elara carefully aims her miniature bow at a target painted on a distant tree. The elvish word for "bow" and "target" appear in glowing green script above Elara's head.

Page 7-8: Elara and her father explore a hidden waterfall teeming with bright iridescent dragonflies. They marvel at the cascading water and the vibrant flowers clinging to the rocks. The words for "waterfall," "dragonfly," and "flower" shimmer in elvish script.

Page 9-10: Elara joins a group of young elves for a musical gathering. They play sweet melodies on instruments carved from nature – flutes made of reeds, drums made from hollowed logs, and string instruments woven from vines. The words for "music," "instrument," and "play" dance above Elara's head in musical notes.

Page 11-12: Elara helps her grandmother gather shimmering moonstones from a hidden grove bathed in moonlight. They whisper stories about the moonstones' magical properties. The words for "moonstone," "magic," and "story" appear in a silvery glow.

Page 13-14: Curled up in a cozy nook beneath a glowing crystal lamp, Elara traces her finger across a book filled with elegant elvish symbols. Her eyes widen in delight as she recognizes the words she learned throughout the day.

The last page shows Elara perched on a high branch, gazing out at the moonlit forest. A thought bubble filled with various elvish words signifies her budding vocabulary. A gentle breeze rustles the leaves, whispering a soft "well done" in the elvish tongue.



This brightly colored picture book follows a young dwarf named Dwalin on his exciting journey to learn his first dwarven words. Here's a breakdown of the story and illustrations:

Page 1-2: The cover depicts a cheerful Dwalin, barely taller than his pickaxe, standing proudly in front of a bustling dwarven city carved into a mountainside. The title is written in large, bold dwarven lettering with illustrations of familiar objects underneath each letter (e.g., an axe for "A," a helmet for "H").

Page 3-4: Dwalin wakes up in his cozy bed, sunlight filtering through the round window. He stretches with a yawn, a thought bubble pops up above his head with a question mark and a pickaxe drawn inside.

Page 5-6: Dwalin enters a bustling smithy filled with dwarves hammering away at anvils. He approaches his father, who is carefully crafting a beautiful axe. The thought bubble above Dwalin now has a dwarven word for "axe" written in it.

Page 7-8: Dwalin follows his mother through a tunnel filled with sparkling crystals. They reach a shimmering lake – the word for "crystal" and "lake" appear in Dwalin's thought bubble.

Page 9-10: Dwalin sits at a long table with other dwarven children during a meal. They share plates piled high with roasted meat and vegetables. "Food," "meat," and "vegetables" appear in Dwalin's thought bubble.

Page 11-12: Dwalin explores the city with his friends. They play near a flowing waterfall and climb a rocky mountain path. "Waterfall," "mountain," and "friend" appear in Dwalin's thought bubble.

Page 13-14: Dwalin enjoys a pint of beer as all dwarven children do. The thought bubble above Dwalin has a dwarven word for "beer" on it. Then he snuggles into bed with a book filled with dwarven symbols. He smiles, holding his finger up excitedly as he recognizes the words he learned throughout the day.

The last page shows Dwalin proudly wearing a small miner's helmet, holding a miniature pickaxe. He grins at the reader, a thought bubble bursting with various dwarven words, signifying his growing vocabulary.



This action-packed picture book follows Wulfgar, a boisterous wolf pup with piercing blue eyes and fur as black as night. He learns his first Wolfen growls and snarls (because really, that is a wolfen's warmest possible greeting).

Page 1-2: The cover bursts with primal energy! Wulfgar leaps through a dense forest, teeth bared, chasing a startled rabbit. The rabbit does not escape, and there is a foldout on the page revealing a bloody end to the rabbit (there is a letter underneath, stating that "B" is for blood). Also the title of this page is written in bold, jagged lettering of the Wolfen with illustrations of various hunting tools beneath each letter. (e.g., a knife for "K," a claw for "C").

Page 3-4: We see Wulfgar emerging from a cozy den nestled amongst gnarled roots. He stretches with a ferocious yawn, a thought bubble pops up above his head with a question mark and a snarling wolf face drawn inside.

Page 5-6: Wulfgar races through the undergrowth, tail wagging with gleeful anticipation. He spots a plump squirrel gathering nuts and pounces with lightning speed. The word for "squirrel" and "hunt" appear in growling Wolfen script above Wulfgar. The squirrel is quickly killed by snapping its neck, and the word "kill" is shown.

Page 7-8: Wulfgar returns to the den, proudly presenting his catch to his mother, a formidable she-wolf with a battle scar across her eye. She chomps on the squirrel with a satisfied growl. "Fressen" (German for "Eat") appears in large, bold letters above them.

Page 9-10: Wulfgar joins other wolf pups for wrestling practice. They roll around in the dirt, nipping and snarling playfully. The words for "fight" and "friend" appear in growling Wolfen script.

Page 11-12: Wulfgar and his father patrol the forest border, 'marking their territory' with a powerful scent on nearby trees. They encounter a lone boar and engage in a fierce battle. The words for "territory" and "battle" are written in growling Wolfen script.

Page 13-14: After a long day of hunting and training, Wulfgar joins his pack for a hearty feast. They devour a large roasted boar, leaving nothing but bones. A giant sausage hangs prominently in the corner, labeled "Wurst" (German for "sausage").

The last page shows Wulfgar proudly wearing a miniature wolf pelt, his chest puffed out. He lets out a triumphant howl, a thought bubble bursting with various Wolfen growls and snarls, signifying his growing understanding of his language and heritage.



This vibrantly illustrated picture book follows Helga, a spirited young Viking with fiery red braids and eyes that sparkle like the sea, on her exciting journey to learn the first words of Northern tongue of humanity.

Page 1-2: The cover depicts a cheerful Helga, holding a wooden sword and shield, standing proudly on the deck of a longships, waves crashing against its sides. The title is written in bold runic script with familiar objects underneath each rune (e.g., a hammer for "M," a ship for "S").

Page 3-4: We see Helga waking up in her cozy longhouse, sunlight streaming through a hole in the roof. She stretches with a yawn, a thought bubble pops up above her head with a question mark and a loaf of bread drawn inside.

Page 5-6: Helga joins her father, a burly warrior with a braided beard, at breakfast. He dips a thick slice of bread into a bowl of stew while sharpening his axe. The word for "bread" and "axe" appear in bold runic script next to them.

Page 7-8: Helga follows her mother outside the longhouse. Her mother demonstrates how to weave fishing nets while singing a lively song. The words for "fish" and "sing" appear in runic script beside the net. Someone has written on this page, and a childish scrawl here reads "V-A-L-E-N J-O-S-T-E-N".

Page 9-10: Helga practices throwing a small spear with her friends at a wooden target that resembles a goblin. They cheer for each other, their faces flushed with excitement. The words for "throw" and "friend" appear in runic script above their heads.

Page 11-12: Helga explores the lush meadows near the longhouse. She spots a majestic stag grazing peacefully and creeps closer, her wooden sword gripped tightly. The words for "stag" and "hunt" appear in runic script next to her.

Page 13-14: Back at the longhouse, Helga sits by the fire with her grandfather, who tells stories of mighty Northern gods and valiant warriors. He carves intricate designs on a piece of wood. The words for "story" and "carve" appear in runic script.

The last page shows Helga standing proudly on a grassy knoll, holding her wooden sword aloft towards the sky. A thought bubble filled with various runic symbols signifies her growing vocabulary. Behind her, the longhouse stands tall, a symbol of her heritage, and a raven soars overhead, its watchful eyes mirroring the spirit of a young Northman learner.



This book teaches the Eastern dialect of the human tongue. It is a bright and vivid adventure, with handsome illustrations. The pages are well worn, and it seems this book has delighted several generations of children.

Page 1-2: The cover features a smiling Ruby, a young girl with bright eyes, skipping through a sunny forest path. She wears a bright red hooded cloak, and a basket filled with goodies peeks out. The title is written in colorful bubble letters, with pictures of familiar objects next to each letter (e.g., an apple for "A," a basket for "B").

Page 3-4: Ruby wakes up in her cozy cottage bedroom. Sunlight streams through the window. She stretches with a yawn, a thought bubble pops up above her head with a happy face and the word "Wake Up!" inside.

Page 5-6: Ruby joins her Mother in the kitchen. Together, they bake delicious cookies. Ruby helps stir the batter, sprinkling in chocolate chips. The word for "Mother", "Bake" and "Cookie" appear next to them.

Page 7-8: Uh oh! Somewhere in the woods where Grandma lives, she isn't feeling well. She looks pale and coughs. The word "Sick" appears above her head with a frowny face.

Page 9-10: Back in her home, Ruby packs a basket filled with cookies and a warm pot of tea. She wears her bright red hood and skips down the path towards her Grandma's cabin deep in the woods. The word "Basket" and "Forest" appear next to the corresponding images.

Page 11-12: On her way, Ruby meets a friendly Woodcutter chopping logs. He has a big beard and a friendly smile. The word "Woodcutter" and "Hello" appear in speech bubbles above them.

Page 13-14: Suddenly, a sly voice calls out from behind a tree. A large wolf with cunning eyes emerges. The word "Wolf" appears next to him, and a thought bubble with a question mark appears above his head.

Page 15-16: The wolf pretends to be kind and asks Ruby where she's going. He asks her about her lovely red hood. The words "Kind" and "Red" appear next to the wolf.

Page 17-18: Ruby is happy to chat and tells the wolf everything. She says she's going to see her Grandma who is feeling unwell. The word "Grandma" appears next to the cabin in the distance.

Page 19-20: The sneaky wolf races ahead and reaches Grandma's cabin first. He jumps through the window, gobbles her up whole, and hides under the covers, pretending to be sick! The word "Hide" appears above the wolf under the covers.

Page 21-22: Ruby arrives at the cabin with her basket. She is shown calling out. A gruff voice answers, but the words are drawn to be thick and deep looking, not at all normal. The words "Call" and "Deep" appear next to the speech bubbles.

Page 23-24: Ruby approaches the bed and sees a very big head under the covers. Her eyes widen in shock! The word "Shock" appears above Ruby's head with a surprised gasp.

Page 25-26: Thinking quickly, Ruby remembers the Woodcutter's strong axe. She races outside and calls for help. The word "Help" appears above her in a large speech bubble.

Page 27-28: The Woodcutter hears her calls and rushes over with his axe. He bursts into the cabin and sees the wolf disguised as Grandma! The word "Disguised" appears next to the wolf.

Page 29-30: With a mighty swing, the Woodcutter chops off the wolf's head! The word "Chop" appears next to the action. Ruby and the Woodcutter are safe, thanks to Ruby's cleverness.

The last page shows Ruby and the Woodcutter sharing a plate of cookies baked fresh from Grandma's oven, who is somehow happily recovered from being devoured by a bloodthirsty wolf. The means by which this feat is achieved is sadly not described in this tome. This is, after all, a children's story, and the happy endings is a nice touch. Indeed, all the characters smile at the reader, relieved and happy.

The End.
He endeavors to at least pretend he can be of some use and looks for something he can at least hope to figure out. Thankfully he does, not knowing within which section he had found the reprieve. Within the first sentences his illiteracy and fully developed Wolfen brain clash, leaving a visible frustration upon his face, but there being pictures helps it fade and he accepts that an obvious children's book outwitted him before he even started pretending. Fine... He stares at the first book, and the one that called his bluff and mocked him for lying to himself. I should learn anyway.

He ignores the headache that comes with initially beginning a new process and reads with the first children's book Elaras Elven Echoes - A First Book of Elvish.

Within the binding of Dwalins Deep Delve - A First Book of Dwarven, he goes from morning to dusk in the mines with the Dwarf, the Dwarf gathering crystal and Mürrischer gathering words.

Wulfgars Wild Words - A First Book of Wolfen Has Mürrischer in a special place as he too is a Wolfen, silly as he thinks the thought of relating to a fictional character is.
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [99] = 99 / 1d20: [20] = 20

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft |

Skye perched somewhere inconspicuous.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [51] = 51 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [93] = 93 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [96] = 96 /88% (Not getting shot at)


Skills:
Lore, Magic: 1d100: [49] = 49 /92%
Research: 1d100: [19] = 19 /47%

Post:
Ivy wrote:
Rigel wrote:"they're all locked away in scrolls of ancient magic. Deciphering those requires a seasoned spellcaster, someone far wiser than myself. You see," ... "while I may possess an undeniable sense of style, magic, unfortunately, escapes my grasp entirely."
"I maybe best suited to the first task, the third is likely to be beyond my understanding," ... "but not others."
Granas piques at the comment as he glances up towards Rigel at the mention of ancient magic and a seasoned spellcaster. The wizard lets a soft chuckle loose. Cracking these scrolls would be worth writing to Bastilla about, I think. Ancient magic was her focus... she knew secrets she entrusts no one. Perhaps discoveries like this is how it begins... and I would be the most qualified here. Granas quietly muses in his head as he nods. "Unlocking ancient magic is something I've come to enjoy, it's dangers and secrets are equally as enticing as its prospects. My master and I would walk through ancient ruins and we would spend hours deciphering secrets locked behind magic." Granas explains with a smile, expressing something he enjoys, like unlocking mystic puzzles. "It might be more worth-while to look through these than visit the Brotherhood, and I can certainly help investigate the scrolls before we leave. Ah, if there's one lesson my master drilled into me it's that throughout all the countless years in ones life, only one thing remains the same. There is never enough time." Granas lets a sigh out as he closes his eyes and remembers the
Granas and Bastilla stand in the center of a dark, stale tomb. The door held shut by Bastilla's magic as cries of undead fill the hallway outside. Their prize in hand but immovable, their silence lost and a horde set upon them. Bastilla had warned Granas and though the young wizard tried to prepare but nothing could really prepare you for the stench of a ruin, the shrill feeling of every single sound that echoes. Granas was standing at the alter, artifact in hand, attempting to unlock it. Bastilla was holding the dead back behind a door, but she knew what she had to do and it wasn't hold the door. Granas, the young mage, was so set on proving himself after the life he lost, he was willing to lose his own to do it. Risk it to the last moment in the sheer hope of winning. Bastilla had seen many humans go out that way, and she wasn't going to let Granas go this way. She stopped Granas, sacrificed the artifact and pulled Granas through a mystic portal; the wards that had been dormant suddenly activating at the use of her teleporting magic. Granas only remembers an explosion, then waking up in a field with Bastilla nearby. Turning to her student, the elven wizard approaches Granas. "A single artifact isn't worth your life. A single ruin won't prove your worth but it could get you killed. If there is a single lesson an elf can teach a human, it's that no matter who you are, there is never enough time. What matters more is how you spend your time, and with who. I think it's time I taught you how to earn a familiar." She finishes.
from his master. The last time he encountered the Undead.
Task 3 wrote:Task 3: Research magical temple scrolls.
These scrolls contain a strange magic not seen in the game to date. You cannot transcribe it to your player spell list, but you can bring about something special. Potential bonus if very successful; learn to actually work the spell before midnight.

Relevant skills: Research, Lore: Magic
Granas takes to the scrolls with Alwin, allowing his elven companion a chance to showcase his ability. "You have shown some magical inclination, master Alwin." Granas states and looks at another scroll. When Alwin stands after only an hour, the wizard glances up from his scroll. I wonder if he's finished the scroll already, or did he give up? Granas muses but doesn't say anything at first and instead reaches into his pipe and packs it. He looks around the study at the remaining crew and holds his pipe up. "Anyone fancy a hit a couple hours before we head out? Might help ease tension. No matter the situation, no matter how dangerous, I prefer going into them with a calm and relaxed state of mind." Granas explains and will share his Oponi pipe with anyone who might be interested. No matter if anyone else does, Granas will enjoy a single hit to give him a comfortable high. Should go light on it, need to look at the scrolls still. When we get back, I'm putting myself in a coma and sleeping for a week. Granas resigns mentally, not that he's tired, just taxed.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:39 pm Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [24] = 24
Granas wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 pm He looks around the study at the remaining crew and holds his pipe up. "Anyone fancy a hit a couple hours before we head out? Might help ease tension. No matter the situation, no matter how dangerous, I prefer going into them with a calm and relaxed state of mind." Granas explains and will share his Oponi pipe with anyone who might be interested. No matter if anyone else does, Granas will enjoy a single hit to give him a comfortable high.
I think that would be a very bad idea.

Ivy looks up from her book and smiles politely, shaking her head. "Thank you for the offer, Granas, but smoking isn't really my thing. Besides, after that run-in with Runidia's dwarven firewater, I'm a bit wary of anything that might alter my senses too much before a big challenge."

She looks around to see how the others are faring. Then raises an eyebrow.

"Where did Alwin go?"
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:49 am Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /37%.
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [40] = 40
Conditions: N/A
Skills:

Recognize Weapon Quality 55% vs 1d100: [25] = 25 - Evaluate the quality of the sword.
Lore: Magic - Recognize Enchantment 30% vs 1d100: [2] = 2 - Evaluate the sword for any magical enchantment.
Lore: Culture & Customs 60% vs 1d100: [7] = 7 - Does the sword fit any cultural description?

Post:

Along the way looking for a scabbard, Alwin takes a moment alone to get a better look at the sword he picked up outside. He evaluates the blade and weight, he checks the balance and wonders, how did Sil come by this... After a few moments Alwin continues his seach for hidden secrets, sewing supplies and a scabbard for this new sword.

When he feels he has looked everywhere he returns to the library to regroup with the others before their departure.
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Granas wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 pm Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [99] = 99 / 1d20: [20] = 20

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft |

Skye perched somewhere inconspicuous.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [51] = 51 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [93] = 93 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [96] = 96 /88% (Not getting shot at)
Ivy wrote:"Thank you for the offer, Granas, but smoking isn't really my thing. Besides, after that run-in with Runidia's dwarven firewater, I'm a bit wary of anything that might alter my senses too much before a big challenge."
Granas chuckles and nods while smiling. "Most fair, Ivy. Or is it Most Holy, now?" Granas teases with a soft snort. "I jest, of course. Drinking has never been my thing, personally. Drinking makes people violent and rambunkous. I've never had more than a single drink socially. But the high from the oponi herb is catharsis compared and doesn't last nearly as long as an alcohol hangover does." Granas says, recounting his own encounters with both. "It can also be chewed or cooked into food as a fine spice." Granas continues, as if suddenly on an oponi cooking show. It might also be that oponi is common to find in the wild, and alcohol is expensive. And Oponi calms people down while Alcohol riles them up. Granas ponders thinking on it a bit longer. Though, Her wisdom shows in not trying something mind altering again before the adventure, especially after her drinking adventure. I imagine the tolerance levels are greatly different. Perhaps I can ask for Trask's help in cooking some Oponi into little cakes or cookies after this is all said and done. I've read it works well in butter. Granas considers.
Ivy wrote:"Where did Alwin go?"
Alwin glances at the scroll Alwin was looking at before returning his gaze to Ivy. "Noticed he got up an hour or so into it. Working on magic scrolls can give someone a headache, or he simply got bored and wants alone time. Goodness knows it's been nothing but move, move, move for the past few days." Granas speculates, glancing at the others who may be working as well. "I will do what I can with the remainder of the scrolls while we have time." Granas reaffirms, looking at the one Alwin had. We all need a break after this, I think.. Granas mentally considers, the traveling mage rarely having such deadlines or urgencies when traveling alone.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Locknar »

Discoveries.
The Temple of Astra
Date: 24 September, 345
Weather: Cloudless night
Time: Late Evening (10:00 pm)

Alwin, Granas, Ivy, Mürrischer, Rigel (NPC), Captain Tomass (NPC), Runidia, Tolliver

  • Sword - Alwin add to sheet
  • Dagger with Ivy's blood on it - Ivy add to sheet
  • 3 other Daggers thrown at Ivy.
  • Broken dagger (blade in Trask, hilt found elsewhere)



The Light of Knowledge
Mürrischer spends the time with the children's books, pointing at pictures and attempting to mimic the simple words. Each word is a struggle, the scribbles on the page somehow supposing to represent sounds. It is quite a frustrating experience, but with every attempt, a spark of understanding flickers in his eyes. After some hours Mürrischer has a small vocabulary of words in a few languages. He may forget by morning, but it is a start. A seed of knowledge is planted in his mind, and with continued visits to the children's section, those seeds might just blossom into literacy.

Trask is there too, his head buried deep in a ledger. Also nearby are Granas and Alwin; the pair focus their attention on Rigel's scroll. Indeed, the lines on their foreheads deepen at the madness of it all. There is a faint magical energy to it, undeniable yet haphazard. Was it the work of a madman or a genius?


Alwin sneaks off
From Alwin's perspective, the ornately inscribed scroll seems to taunt him. The bastard! He squints at the faded ink, willing the arcane symbols to reveal their secrets. He tries Decipher Magic spell (-4 P.P.E.), and some symbols reveal themselves, but they make no sense. It is as if this scroll were written by a lunatic.

After an hour that feels like an eternity, frustration gnaws at him. Stretching his aching back, he realises a truth as old as time - studying really is quite boring. His life isn't meant for dusty scrolls and cryptic riddles!

Thinking on Rigel's words 'The Temple holds secrets aplenty...' no one notices a sly smile spread across his face. He likes secrets. Maybe the key wasn't on parchment, but hidden somewhere else entirely? Whatever his reasons, Alwin departs the scene. With renewed purpose, Alwin embarks on a covert exploration of the Temple. He runs his hand along the cool stone walls, feeling for hidden compartments. He brushes aside heavy tapestries, peering behind them for veiled alcoves. Even the ornately patterned rugs on the floor are not spared his scrutiny. A light tap here, a gentle push there – every inch of the hallway in his mind becomes a potential puzzle piece.

Soon disappointment starts to gnaw at him. Every nook he explores, every decoration he moves, yield nothing but disappointment and dust. Just when he is about to consider defeat, he finds himself outside a single, unassuming door. He can smell perfume. Could this room belong to Luna, the captured elven priestess?

Armed with a convenient excuse of needing 'sewing supplies', Alwin pushes open the door, and steps into Luna's private space.

The room is a stark contrast to the dusty halls outside. Moonlight streams through a high window, illuminating a space that is meticulously tidy. Everything has its place, from the neatly folded clothes to the polished wooden furniture. He rummages around. Alwin's eyes land on a set of drawers, and he opens them up. In the bottom drawer he finds Luna's underwear, each item neatly folded to the right. The fabric is quality silk, and looks rather expensive. A sniff even confirms the fabric is perfumed. Alwin figures it ought to raise 100 gold at least.
A higher drawer reveals a neatly folded nightgown of shimmering red silk. Its delicate fabric seems to hold a life of its own, even in the moonlight.

With a practiced flick of his wrist, Alwin mutters a quick incantation (-4 P.P.E.). Magical blue light now pulses faintly around the nightgown, confirming his suspicions. This isn't just any piece of clothing – it holds magic. Perhaps this isn't a dead end after all. Maybe Luna's most personal belongings hold secrets Alwin wants to keep for himself?

Glancing at the underwear again, he is shocked to find one of the items, a cute little green number, also radiates magic.

GM: Do you wish to take the red nightgown, the green underwear or any other personal belongings in these drawers?


Next Alwin tiptoes down the hall towards Rigel's quarters. Unlike Luna's serene haven, the smell preceding the young priest's room tells a different story entirely. A pungent aroma, a combination of old sweat and forgotten pork rinds waft out from under the closed door.

With a determined look, Alwin pushes it open, bracing himself for the visual assault. The room is a disaster zone personified. Clothing lies scattered across the floor, half-eaten apples sit precariously on a bedside table, and an overflowing chamber pot threatens to topple precariously in the corner. Is this Rigel's natural state? This room is a chaotic mess, plain and simple.

Just as Alwin is about to declare defeat he senses it. Magic. It peeks out from under a particularly impressive mound of dirty socks, a collection that could rival a dragon's hoard in terms of both quantity and stench. Alwin begins to excavate. Socks are flung aside, revealing a loose floorboard beneath. Curiosity piqued, he pries it open.

Nestled snugly beneath the floorboards, hidden from prying eyes – goblin or otherwise – are three items of interest.

First, a small steel chest. It isn't magical and measures around 1 foot wide, 9 inches deep, and 7 inches high. There is a lock to prevent entry, and though Alwin tries to crack it, he finds he cannot. He tests the weight of the chest, and it is rather heavy.

Second, a vial of liquid next to the chest. The vial contains a purple liquid, Alwin can sense it is magical but can discern no more. But there is a label; 'Strength Potion'.

Third, a letter underneath the potion. If Alwin
My dearest Rigel,

There you go, my friend! This little concoction is the solution to your most recent "weighty" problem. These fragrant purple potions, lovingly named "Featherweight," will change you for a good hour. Any object you touch will seem as light as a feather! Perfect for hoisting that cumbersome chest of yours – though for lifting only, mind you! Don't go thinking this will turn you into some invincible warrior. Let's face it, darling, your battles are best fought in the bedchamber, wouldn't you agree?

Now, I wouldn't want you risking these vials from breakage. They are not cheap to make. It's best to keep all but one dose safely tucked away within the chest itself. That way, if you ever need to make a hasty retreat (with your precious cargo, of course), a quick sip and you're off! Just remember, the effect only lasts an hour, so plan your escape route wisely.

Speaking of valuables, a friendly word of advice: have you considered the city bank? They're rather good at safeguarding one's gold, you know. This whole chest-hauling business seems a tad… excessive, even for you, Rigel.

But hey, who am I to judge? You enjoy your schemes. Just promise me you'll be careful. After all, a world without your charming eccentricities would be a dull one indeed.

With all my affection,

Silva
he finds out some information about the two other items.

While taking a moment to decide what to do, the elf looks at his newly acquired blade. His practiced fingers trace the cool, smooth surface of the broadsword. It isn't just any blade; a faint hum resonates beneath his touch, a subtle tremor that hints at magic coursing within its metallic heart. But what truly piques his curiosity is the blade itself. It isn't forged from the usual cold steel, but has an ethereal green tinge, like sunlight filtering through jade. It is beautiful, almost otherworldly, in a way that sends delightfully nasty shivers down his spine.

As he runs a discerning eye down the length of the weapon, a series of intricate markings near the hilt catches his attention. They aren't elaborate engravings, but rather a series of stylized fangs and barbed tails, etched with a practiced hand. Recognition then dawns on Alwin. These are not mere decorations – they are symbols, a warning etched in symbols as old as poison itself.

A Venomblade. This isn't a weapon for a straightforward duel, but a tool of assassins and shadows. With a racing heart, Alwin traces the grooves near the base of the blade. There, nestled discreetly within a stylized serpent's head, is a barely visible channel. A channel that likely led to a hidden reservoir within the hilt, a reservoir undoubtedly filled with a potent, agonising venom. It is a weapon that promises pain to those who oppose him!

Image

Code: Select all

[b]Venomblade Broadsword[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/14459/17/Venomblade_sword.png[/img]
[i]Uncommon Enchanted Sword[/i]
[size=85][list][*]Range: Close Combat
[*]Damage: 2D4+3
[*]Weight: 3.5 lbs
[*]Features: W.P. Sword; one-handed and 3' long.
[*]Magic Features:
[list][*]Venomblade (3x daily): When this power is activated, the next time the weapon pierces an opponent's flesh, the victim must save versus poison or suffer the effects of Wart Callo poison. The venom is a blend of toxins that does 1D6 damage and causes itchy brown blotches to appear on the area of body exposed to the poison. The blotchy rash lasts for 1D4 days and makes the victim -1 on initiative (distracted by the itching).[/list]
[*]Modifiers: Superior blade edge, granting damage of 2D4+3.
[*]Book Reference: p.157, PFRPG BK8 and p.269, PFRPG 2ndEd[/list][/size]



GM: What do you wish to do? The chest can also be taken, but it weighs 60 pounds. Not impossible, but difficult to move about discreetly. The letter presents one possible solution. Alwin has not searched Rigel's room as thoroughly as Luna's, so you may wish to nose around more.


Granas' Discovery
Whilst Alwin grew weary of study our friend Granas has more staying power! Indeed, he reaches for his Oponi pipe and lights up.

Between puffs of mind altering smoke, the wizard runs his fingers over the faded ink, deciphering cryptic symbols. It certainly isn't a traditional spell – far from it. This scroll outlines a ritual, a complex series of steps bordering on the bizarre. It feels less like a powerful incantation and more like... a particularly elaborate prank.

Yet, the magic is undeniable. The parchment itself holds a key component of the ritual. As Granas delves deeper, a horrifying, yet strangely hilarious, realisation dawns on him. This isn't just any spell. This is a recipe.

A recipe for a golem. But not one forged from resilient stone or steel. No, the materials listed on the scroll are as preposterous as the ritual itself. Sugar, a ridiculous amount of it, mountains of it by the looks of things.

Yet, despite the sheer absurdity of it all, Granas cannot shake the feeling of legitimacy. Or is it just the Oponi talking? No.. there is a power here, a warped and twisted magic unlike any he'd ever encountered. It was as if the very act of following these instructions, these culinary commands, holds the key to creating something truly... strange.

His gaze falls on the final deciphered line: "Upon completion, a Golem of Marshmallow shall rise. Its size will be proportional to the dedication of the maker." A marshmallow man.

GM: Should Granas desire to create a giant, sugary monstrosity, he need only follow the instructions. Could a monstrous confection potentially turn the tide of battle? The true challenge lies in the looming deadline.
Ritual Scroll: Create Marshmallow Golem
Image
Rare Enchanted Scroll
Magic Spells
  • Spell Name
    • Range: Touch
    • Duration: Six months per level of experience
    • Saving Throw: None
    • P.P.E.: None; the power is provided by the scroll.
    The spell caster can create a Marshmallow Golem that will obey his every command. This spell isn't technically a ritual, but requires components. Thus, the Marshmallow Golem has a limited lifespan rather than living until destroyed.

    For the spell caster to have his own Marshmallow Golem creation, he must follow the following steps: First, the mage must draw a pentagram in sugar. Secondly, he sculpts the golem's humanoid shape from 50 pounds of marshmallows. Thirdly, he must place two gems for eyes (the gems must have a value of at least 1000 gold pieces each). Fourth, the caster must give the golem an article of clothing. The might be a scarf, pants, something that will give the golem personality. Fifthly, he must place the heart into the 'body'. The heart is basically a stick. Any stick. One you'd use to roast marshmallows over a fire perhaps. But the stick must be decorated with fancy things that are at least 1000 gold pieces in value.

    Finally, the mage casts the spell to give the golem life! After the spell is complete, the marshmallow sculpture will grow until reaching its appropriate size.



Changeling Research
Ivy, burrows deep into the stacks of books in the temple library. The cryptic riddle she wanted to unravel repeats in her mind.

'Changeling's keep, forever shifting,
Whispers speak, its secrets sifting.
None find its form, save those who pay,
A bargain struck, on this dark day.'


Her fluency in Dwarven gives her an edge, but alas she knows not other languages. It limits the range of volumes she can explore. And so she sifts through dwarven tomes scanning for any mention of a 'Changeling's Keep.'

She unearths three legends that might hold the key:
  1. The Shifting Sands Keep: This nomadic fortress, crafted by a cunning djinn, is said to wander the deserts, leaving only whispers of its passage on the wind. Those desperate enough could find it, the legend goes, by offering a piece of their soul in exchange for a single night's sanctuary within its cool walls.
  2. The Faceless Keep: This nightmarish castle, according to some forgotten texts, resided within the Shadowfell, a realm of eternal twilight. It appears differently to each beholder, a reflection of their deepest fears. Only those who offered a terrible sacrifice, the legend says, can gain entry and perhaps find a way to alter their reflection, changing their very fate.
  3. The Wayfarer's Rest: Deep within ancient Dwarven texts, Ivy stumbles upon a passage detailing a legendary keep known as the Wayfarer's Rest. This magnificent fortress, imbued with powerful magic, is said to exist outside the boundaries of time and space. By performing a complex ritual and offering a precious artifact, a weary traveler could bargain for passage – teleportation – to any location they desire.

Trask seeks the missing tome
Trask scans the towering shelves, a deep frustration gnawing at him. While his years as a mercenary had honed his skills in several languages, deciphering library systems isn't exactly part of the job description. He attempts to focus, flipping through a list of volumes written in Luna's elegant hand, but the writing script seems to blur before his eyes. Each section looks the same, every title an indecipherable jumble.

Dejected, he slams the book shut and admits defeat. Research clearly isn't his forte; at least not tonight. There were more productive ways to spend his time, like getting fitted for some decent armour before the fight. Leaving the others to their books, Trask departs in search of the soldiers who'd promised him a proper suit.

Trask's Armor Fitting
Lieutenant Bobby Janson returns to the temple with a couple men on a two-wheel cart. They quickly unload and meet with Trask in the hall. With midnight looming, they soon have our mercenary hero resembling a human suit rack.

First comes the full plate armor. The soldiers wrestle the rigid pieces onto Trask. He tries walking about, and his face twists in discomfort. When he raises his arms the plates protest the movement.


Plate (full)
Image
  • A.R.: 17
  • S.D.C.: 160
  • Features: Needs time for an armourer to fit to Trask properly, once adjusted will be -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
  • Modifiers: -25% to prowl, -30% to SPD & physical skills
  • Weight: 58 lbs.
PC Sheet Code

Code: Select all

[b]Plate (full)[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/14459/17/Plate_Mail.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]A.R.: 17
[*]S.D.C.: 160
[*]Features: Needs time for an armourer to fit to Trask properly, once adjusted will be -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Modifiers:  -25% to prowl, -30% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Weight: 58 lbs.[/list][/size]


Next up is a suit of heavy chainmail. It drapes over Trask more easily, the interlocking rings offering a surprising degree of flexibility. The mail clinks softly as he moves. "Not bad," Bobby concedes, eyeing the fit. "but maybe we can do better..."

Heavy Chain Mail (full)
Image
  • A.R.: 14
  • S.D.C.: 94
  • Modifiers: -10% to SPD & physical skills
  • Weight: 80 lbs.
PC Sheet Code

Code: Select all

[b]Heavy Chain Mail (full)[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/14459/17/Chainmail_Armour.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]A.R.: 14
[*]S.D.C.: 94 
[*]Modifiers: -10% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Weight: 80 lbs.[/list][/size]


The final contender is the splint mail, like Trask's old suit. Unlike the full plate, it offers a good compromise between protection and mobility. The soldiers helped Trask secure the segmented metal plates, backed by leather, over his torso. This time, when he moved, the armor seemed to move with him, a second skin of resilience.

Splint (full)
Image
  • A.R.: 16
  • S.D.C.: 82
  • Modifiers: -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
  • Weight: 50 lbs.
PC Sheet Code

Code: Select all

[b]Splint (full)[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/14459/17/Splint_Mail.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]A.R.: 16
[*]S.D.C.: 82 
[*]Modifiers: -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Weight: 50 lbs.[/list][/size]


"So which one would you like Mr Trask?"


There are 2 hours remaining until midnight.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 64/110 P.P.E.
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 6/54 I.S.P., 143/245 P.P.E.
Ivy: 18/22 H.P., 23/23 S.D.C., 27/41 I.S.P. | Armor: Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC)
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 28/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 20/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 37% vs 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 and 1d100: [2] = 2
Conditions:

Skills

Post
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:05 pm Alwin sneaks off
Alwin's eyes land on a set of drawers, and he opens them up. In the bottom drawer he finds Luna's underwear, each item neatly folded to the right. The fabric is quality silk, and looks rather expensive. A sniff even confirms the fabric is perfumed. Alwin figures it ought to raise 100 gold at least.
A higher drawer reveals a neatly folded nightgown of shimmering red silk. Its delicate fabric seems to hold a life of its own, even in the moonlight.

With a practiced flick of his wrist, Alwin mutters a quick incantation (-4 P.P.E.). Magical blue light now pulses faintly around the nightgown, confirming his suspicions. This isn't just any piece of clothing – it holds magic. Perhaps this isn't a dead end after all. Maybe Luna's most personal belongings hold secrets Alwin wants to keep for himself?

Glancing at the underwear again, he is shocked to find one of the items, a cute little green number, also radiates magic.
Alwin holds up the green nighty and smiles, "I wonder if it is more magical on her?" Alwin tucks the red nightgown and green nighty back int he drawer while considering, maybe she will see her way into rewarding my bravery in saving her. The moments slip away as thoughts of Luna in and out of the night items run through his mind. The elf leaves Luna's room gifted with many new visions to consider late at night and alone. It seems this temple is full of secrets...
Locknar wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:05 pm First, a small steel chest. It isn't magical and measures around 1 foot wide, 9 inches deep, and 7 inches high. There is a lock to prevent entry, and though Alwin tries to crack it, he finds he cannot. He tests the weight of the chest, and it is rather heavy.

Second, a vial of liquid next to the chest. The vial contains a purple liquid, Alwin can sense it is magical but can discern no more. But there is a label; 'Strength Potion'.

Third, a letter underneath the potion.
Alwin almost coos at the glorious find. This is a glorious find. I could take this now... and just... leave. The elf puts the letter down on top of the trunk considering how long it would take him to hitch a wagon to his mule and load the truck. He turns to look at the door leading back to the others and Ivy's face suddenly enters his mind, she would be so disappointed. The elf's shoulders drop slightly as he considers Granas, that daman half elf will gloat too... how much better he is... The elf loudly huffs, even though... I would have the gold.

Alwin covers the chest back up, no... not now. He does his best to cover the fact that he was even in the room, but... if Rigel dies... he won't need this. And... I know where it is. The elf smiles considering how proud Ivy would be and how much growth he has made in such a short time, the old me would have just left with this trunk... not the new and improved Alwin... nope. I'll only take it if Rigel dies. Alwin even considers telling Ivy about his righteous decision but decides it is probably better to keep it secret for now.

Feeling accomplished Alwin heads back to the library wondering Can Rigel even fight? I wonder what the odds of his survival actually are.

Along the way he continues to look for a scabbard and the sewing supplies.

Once back in the library he great the others, "Ok, how are we looking? Anybody learn anything from these?" Alwin points to books wondering how much they could actually learn from these dusty old tomes.
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [81] = 81 / 1d20: [19] = 19

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft |

Skye perched somewhere inconspicuous.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [65] = 65 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [72] = 72 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [15] = 15 /88% (Not getting shot at)


Skills:


Post:

Granas studies the spell with a furrowed brow and lets out a soft chuckle. "The writings of a chaotician." Granas muses to himself untraditional recipe reveals itself to him. "Ah." Granas says when he connects it being a Golem Creation Recipe. Most curious. These ingredients suggest the golem birthed by this spell is most unconventional. Not stone, metal or clay. Instead... sugar? Granas is writing the information he finds into his personal notebook as he continues deciphering the ingredients. A pentagram drawn on sugar. Fifty pounds of marshmellows to construct the shape, melted or just pressed together? Where does one even buy that, a baker? Two gems, 1,000g worth each, easy. An article of clothing that also helps give the golem it's personality... interesting... and a decorated stick with 1,000g as it's heart. I can't WAIT to show this to Bastilla. Granas's eyes bulge a couple of times as he reads the ingredients and the absurdity of them, yet writes them down anyways. "Well, this is interesting." Granas finally says as Alwin returns.
Alwin wrote:"Ok, how are we looking? Anybody learn anything from these?"
Granas glances towards his elven friend with a bemused look. "Something that could be helpful, perhaps, if not odd. And before I continue, know that I'm being serious." Granas explains and rolls the scroll back up and tucks it away into his bag and looks at his notes instead. "So, the scroll is the writings of a pioneer of spellwork. Someone I'd love to meet, at least to shake their hand. I've never heard of a spell modified in such a way, and as ridiculous as it sounds, it appears that this scroll would allow me to create a Marshmellow Golem made of Sugar." Granas states unequivocally. After whatever response from that declaration happens, Granas continues. "Regardless of its material, a golem is still a potentially valuable distraction. If we can find fifty pounds of marshmellows from Adrianna's baker or something, I could whip us up some backup." Granas finishes.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:11 am Perception: 37% vs 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 and 1d100: [2] = 2
Granas wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:18 pm "Regardless of its material, a golem is still a potentially valuable distraction. If we can find fifty pounds of marshmallows from Adrianna's baker or something, I could whip us up some backup." Granas finishes.
Alwin looks up as Granas mentions distractions. "Speaking of distractions. We need to talk about a plan." The elf looks down at the ground, "we don't know what we are going to face... but I do know." The elf takes a moment to consider his words, "This isn't just a rescue mission. If we don't stop this prince, he could spread across the land like a plague. These changelings will cause suspicion and chaos to follow them everywhere they go. They won't even need to engage the word. Once this all comes out, the races will fight each other. "

Alwin looks from person to person, "We aren't even sure about bringing in help because they could be changelings. How far has this evil imposter already spread his fingers? If we don't cut the head off this snake, it will poison the land from within."

Alwin looks from Ivy to Granas and back again, "I know that this may be outside of what you consider acceptable." He shakes his head, "You must know, a smack on the hand isn't going to cut it here. This pretender must die."

Looking back and forth still, "I can handle it. I can shoulder that responsibility. I need to get to him... I need everyone's help with that. Your conscious can remain clean. You don't need to get the blood on your hands..."

Alwin turns to looks at Trask and asks, "something tells me you may not have a problem helping either... am I wrong?" Alwin turns to Tomaas and asks, "Are you and your men ready for an assault? Can they handle it?" The lef turns looking out a window and finishes, "because leaving the prince behind, alive... means he will be back. As who? or what? Well... that's the problem, isn't it?"
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [94] = 94

Having distracted himself with obtaining short term knowledge he knows he'll need to return to if he wants it to properly blossom into something he retains in the long run, Mürrischer returns his attention to the thought of a attack on the temple soon and casts his gaze outside through the first available window even if he knows his nose can find a scent further away. Seeing something out oft he ordinary or not, he goes to the group at large. Do I tell them I found words? Or would I look dumb? ...I'll say only if I'm asked. If he does see something unusual outside he would tell the first party member he comes across.

Detect Ambush 1d100: [14] = 14 /50%
Alwin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:11 amOnce back in the library he great the others, "Ok, how are we looking? Anybody learn anything from these?" Alwin points to books wondering how much they could actually learn from these dusty old tomes.
He almost jumps to how quickly someone asks what he learned. Is that a test? What's he asking? He hesitates to give an answer he told himself he'd answer if someone asked. "I found a few verds."
Alwin wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 amAlwin looks up as Granas mentions distractions. "Speaking of distractions. We need to talk about a plan." The elf looks down at the ground, "we don't know what we are going to face... but I do know." The elf takes a moment to consider his words, "This isn't just a rescue mission. If we don't stop this prince, he could spread across the land like a plague. These changelings will cause suspicion and chaos to follow them everywhere they go. They won't even need to engage the word. Once this all comes out, the races will fight each other. "
"Isn't dat already a fing? Everyone fighting everyone?" He answers, "And I'm getting used to being looked at strangely." He thinks a moment about a distraction
Alwin wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 amAlwin looks from person to person, "We aren't even sure about bringing in help because they could be changelings. How far has this evil imposter already spread his fingers? If we don't cut the head off this snake, it will poison the land from within."
"I don't fink a changling can feign the scent of another. But dat doesn't really help you."

"I'd fink dis Lochnar already expects us to either to distwact him or do noffing. Maybe a plan wit smaller gwoups here and there?"
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [77] = 77

Conditions: H.P.: 18/22, S.D.C.: 23/23, P.P.E.: 27/52 | I.S.P.: 13/41 | Spell Strength: 12 | Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC : Fire Resistant Half Damage)

A triumphant grin splits Ivy's face as she finally finds something related to the strange verse the ghosts of the fallen priests spoke of. Leaping to her feet, she practically runs across the room towards Granas, the heavy book clutched against her chest.

"Look at this!" she exclaims, thrusting the tome under the wizard's nose. Her voice buzzes with barely contained excitement. Pointing to a specific passage, she recites the Dwarven text with practiced ease, the harsh consonants rolling off her tongue. If Granas looks confused, she repeats it in the human tongue.

"See here? It speaks of a shifting keep, a fortress said to possess the magic of teleportation! Could this be the changeling keep we seek, Granas? The Wayfarer's Rest."

Ivy then retrieves two more volumes she had found earlier. In her view they were less promising, but she feels she should not leave anything from the others.

"Now, I'm not sure how much practical use these legends will be," she admits, "but according to these texts…" She flips through the pages, her eyes scanning the lines with well practiced efficiency.

"Out of the three legendary keeps described here," she continues, her tone firm, "the Wayfarer's Rest seems to be the most likely culprit for making these changelings so elusive. Think about it – a fortress that can vanish at will! No wonder it takes divine intervention to have a chance of pinning them down."

An angry shadow flickers across her brow as she recalls the slaughter at the temple. "Prince Humperdinck and his goblins vanishing into thin air," she says to herself. "What if they fled this area through the keep itself? They could be anywhere now – hundreds of miles away."

Ivy slams the heavy tomes shut with a decisive thud.

"What do you think? If it is truly this Wayfarer's Rest, at midnight we might have the one and only chance of dealing with them. If we let them go, they might relocate once more, and be lost to us."


When Alwin returns to the library:
Alwin wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 am Alwin looks from Ivy to Granas and back again, "I know that this may be outside of what you consider acceptable." He shakes his head, "You must know, a smack on the hand isn't going to cut it here. This pretender must die."

Looking back and forth still, "I can handle it. I can shoulder that responsibility. I need to get to him... I need everyone's help with that. Your conscious can remain clean. You don't need to get the blood on your hands..."

Alwin turns to looks at Trask and asks, "something tells me you may not have a problem helping either... am I wrong?" Alwin turns to Tomaas and asks, "Are you and your men ready for an assault? Can they handle it?" The lef turns looking out a window and finishes, "because leaving the prince behind, alive... means he will be back. As who? or what? Well... that's the problem, isn't it?"
Ivy frowns brow at Alwin's pronouncement. "Die you think?" she echoes.

She isn't naive. Blind vengeance is not her way. "Taking prisoners isn't ideal, it is messy and complicated, but it offers something that simple death did not – information."

Ivy leans forward, her gaze locking with the elf's. "Think about it, Alwin," she said, her voice firm but also persuasive. "Is a swift death truly all we seek? If Humperdinck is indeed a prince, who is the Changeling King? Wouldn't it be more valuable to know who their king is, what their plans entail? Is Humperdinck just a pawn in a larger game? Besides," she adds, handing him an open book where she found the legend of the Wayfarer's Rest, "if this keep can teleport at will, wouldn't you be curious about its secrets? A dead changeling tells no tales, but a captured one… well, that's a different story altogether."
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Granas Rolls Held wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:18 pm Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [81] = 81 / 1d20: [19] = 19

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft |

Skye perched somewhere inconspicuous.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [65] = 65 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [72] = 72 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [15] = 15 /88% (Not getting shot at)
Post
Mürrischer wrote: "I found a few verds."
Granas looks to the wolfen reading some simple books, the wizard both impressed and proud to see the wolfen actively learning on his own. Many other wolfen I've met wouldn't even pick up a book, save Tarfful. I'm glad to see others better themselves on their own accord. Granas silently approves through the corner of his eye. "A skill many take for granted, Master Mürrischer, though not you. Good." Granas offers with a nod.
Ivy wrote:"Look at this!" ... "See here? It speaks of a shifting keep, a fortress said to possess the magic of teleportation! Could this be the changeling keep we seek, Granas? The Wayfarer's Rest." "What do you think? If it is truly this Wayfarer's Rest, at midnight we might have the one and only chance of dealing with them. If we let them go, they might relocate once more, and be lost to us."
Granas looks up at Ivy's outburst, setting the scroll aside to look at her discovery. Should he struggle reading the text, he'll take a moment to cast Eyes of Thoth on himself to understand the parchment. "Nice find!" Granas exclaims, looking at the parchment. "The Wayfarer's Rest, sounds almost quaint, doesn't it. But a fortress that can vanish at will, the likely candidate, I agree. I've known wizards who've spent their entire lives searching for such towers to practice in solitude, a shame it's being used for such malevolence." Granas sighs with a half smile. Myself included. He briefly thinks.

"If this is our one chance, then we need to make it count and we can't let them disappear again." Granas confirms with Ivy. "Maybe the sugar golem can help oust them from their Keep?" Granas suggests.
Ivy wrote:
Alwin wrote:Speaking of distractions. We need to talk about a plan." "This isn't just a rescue mission. If we don't stop this prince, he could spread across the land like a plague."
"Is a swift death truly all we seek? If Humperdinck is indeed a prince, who is the Changeling King?
Granas looks towards Alwin as he begins his idea and mildly shakes his head. Not sure I agree with his train of thought. Granas ponders as he listens. "I'm not sure that killing this prince is the right answer, either." Granas muses "If he is the Crowned Prince, then there need be no king. From my vision, he sat on the throne with confidence. Killing or capturing him could end his line entirely or open the door for retribution if his followers are loyal instead of fearful." Granas considers. I'm not sure there is a king, but I agree we should capture over kill, especially given what they must know. Granas considers. "I do not doubt that your blade will be needed, Master Alwin. I think we should save that as a last resort, if we are unable to capture him and escape with Luna, then. But, this is still primarily a rescue mission. I would not sacrifice Lady Luna in order to kill this prince, nor would I sacrifice any of you to accomplish that goal. Better we all survive to fight another day than our numbers and morale to be bled instead." Granas concludes. I respect the desire to attack the source and stop it from happening in the future, or the hope at least.. Granas reinforces
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 amPerception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [77] = 77
Granas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:39 pm Granas looks towards Alwin as he begins his idea and mildly shakes his head. Not sure I agree with his train of thought. Granas ponders as he listens. "I'm not sure that killing this prince is the right answer, either." Granas muses "If he is the Crowned Prince, then there need be no king. From my vision, he sat on the throne with confidence. Killing or capturing him could end his line entirely or open the door for retribution if his followers are loyal instead of fearful." Granas considers. I'm not sure there is a king, but I agree we should capture over kill, especially given what they must know. Granas considers. "I do not doubt that your blade will be needed, Master Alwin. I think we should save that as a last resort, if we are unable to capture him and escape with Luna, then. But, this is still primarily a rescue mission. I would not sacrifice Lady Luna in order to kill this prince, nor would I sacrifice any of you to accomplish that goal. Better we all survive to fight another day than our numbers and morale to be bled instead." Granas concludes. I respect the desire to attack the source and stop it from happening in the future, or the hope at least.. Granas reinforces

"Too many unknowns," she mutters, shaking her head in frustration. "We don't know the nature of the keep, where it might take us, or what opposition awaits."

Turning to Rigel, she asks, "Is there anything of Luna's – a scarf, a piece of jewelry, anything – that Mürrischer could get a scent of? If he can recognize her trail, it would be a tremendous help in finding her within this… Changeling lair or keep or wherever it may be."

Ivy then glances at her wolfen friend, "What do you think, Murrischer? Could you track Luna's scent if we provided you with something of hers? It may speed up our search once we arrive."


Her thoughts return to Granas. "So, " she begins, "how long will this… sugar monstrosity take to create? And is there anything I can do to assist? An extra pair of hands?"
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [4] = 4
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive) , Ambidextrous, Resistant to Cold (Soupcon; 1/2 damage from Cold based attacks).
HP: 54/54
S.D.C.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 27/44
P.P.E.: 10/10
Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 20/82; -15% Prowl, Spd reduced by 20%
Tower Shield of the Hex Indestructible

Locknar wrote:Trask seeks the missing tome
Trask scans the towering shelves, a deep frustration gnawing at him. While his years as a mercenary had honed his skills in several languages, deciphering library systems isn't exactly part of the job description. He attempts to focus, flipping through a list of volumes written in Luna's elegant hand, but the writing script seems to blur before his eyes. Each section looks the same, every title an indecipherable jumble.

Dejected, he slams the book shut and admits defeat. Research clearly isn't his forte; at least not tonight. There were more productive ways to spend his time, like getting fitted for some decent armour before the fight. Leaving the others to their books, Trask departs in search of the soldiers who'd promised him a proper suit.



Trask sighs deeply at the book in front of him. "If I had a hundred years and no threat of death hanging over my head, sure I could figure this out." Trask says as he slams the book shut. Let's do something more useful for now. Trask thinks as he gets up and makes his way to the main room.

Locknar wrote:Trask's Armor Fitting
Lieutenant Bobby Janson returns to the temple with a couple men on a two-wheel cart. They quickly unload and meet with Trask in the hall. With midnight looming, they soon have our mercenary hero resembling a human suit rack.

First comes the full plate armor. The soldiers wrestle the rigid pieces onto Trask. He tries walking about, and his face twists in discomfort. When he raises his arms the plates protest the movement.


Plate (full)
Image
  • A.R.: 17
  • S.D.C.: 160
  • Features: Needs time for an armourer to fit to Trask properly, once adjusted will be -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
  • Modifiers: -25% to prowl, -30% to SPD & physical skills
  • Weight: 58 lbs.
PC Sheet Code

Code: Select all

[b]Plate (full)[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/14459/17/Plate_Mail.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]A.R.: 17
[*]S.D.C.: 160
[*]Features: Needs time for an armourer to fit to Trask properly, once adjusted will be -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Modifiers:  -25% to prowl, -30% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Weight: 58 lbs.[/list][/size]


Next up is a suit of heavy chainmail. It drapes over Trask more easily, the interlocking rings offering a surprising degree of flexibility. The mail clinks softly as he moves. "Not bad," Bobby concedes, eyeing the fit. "but maybe we can do better..."

Heavy Chain Mail (full)
Image
  • A.R.: 14
  • S.D.C.: 94
  • Modifiers: -10% to SPD & physical skills
  • Weight: 80 lbs.
PC Sheet Code

Code: Select all

[b]Heavy Chain Mail (full)[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/14459/17/Chainmail_Armour.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]A.R.: 14
[*]S.D.C.: 94 
[*]Modifiers: -10% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Weight: 80 lbs.[/list][/size]


The final contender is the splint mail, like Trask's old suit. Unlike the full plate, it offers a good compromise between protection and mobility. The soldiers helped Trask secure the segmented metal plates, backed by leather, over his torso. This time, when he moved, the armor seemed to move with him, a second skin of resilience.

Splint (full)
Image
  • A.R.: 16
  • S.D.C.: 82
  • Modifiers: -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
  • Weight: 50 lbs.
PC Sheet Code

Code: Select all

[b]Splint (full)[/b]
[img]https://www.pbprpg.org/images/albums/userpics/14459/17/Splint_Mail.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]A.R.: 16
[*]S.D.C.: 82 
[*]Modifiers: -15% to prowl, -20% to SPD & physical skills
[*]Weight: 50 lbs.[/list][/size]


"So which one would you like Mr Trask?"
Trask furrows his brow. "While the defensive capabilities of the plate mail are worthwhile, it won't mean much if I'm stumbling around in it. And the Heavy Chain Mail is certainly more maneuverable, but not as sturdy... I say we go with the splint mail, it's similar to my old suit, so It's not anything of a wildcard for me." Trask says as he moves about in the Splint Mail. "Thank you for hauling this stuff all the way up here though." Trask say with genuine appreciation. With the armor squared away, Trask steps outside for a few minutes. reaching into his bag, Trask pulls out a small wooden box, and holds it in his hand. Just in case I think. Trask thinks as he opens the box and draws out an ancient looking tarot card, except the face of it is blank. Trask taps the corner of the card, and an image of the area around him begins to form on the card's surface. Just in case we need to make a quick escape I suppose. Trask thinks as he puts the card back in the box and stows the box back into his bag. Trask sits on the steps leading into the building and again pulls out his pipe to smoke. "Now we wait."
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
Tolliver Trask; The Suicide King
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Granas Rolls Held wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:18 pm Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [81] = 81 / 1d20: [19] = 19

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft |

Skye perched somewhere inconspicuous.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [65] = 65 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [72] = 72 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [15] = 15 /88% (Not getting shot at)
Skills
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [84] = 84 /37% [I'm not insane, I promise., Okay, I guess they might think I am]

Post
Ivy wrote: "So, " she begins, "how long will this… sugar monstrosity take to create? And is there anything I can do to assist? An extra pair of hands?"
Granas looks to Ivy with a nod. "An extra pair of hands is most welcome. From the looks of this, the longest process will be gathering the required resources. Once we have that, we can cast the magic. Now, to determine where to get enough sugar to draw a pentagram and where to get fifty pounds of marshmellows." Granas answers Ivy, chuckling lightly as he answers. "Perhaps Rigel or Captain Tomass would have an idea, heh, if they believe the crazed writings of a mad wizard, that is." Granas offers Ivy with a smile. "Ivy, your help in explaining this would be greatly appreciated. I fear they may not believe me." Granas asks of Ivy then turns to find Rigel or Tomass.

Approaching either, Granas holds up the scroll in his hand. "Pardon me, I've managed to translate this scroll. Have you heard of the Golem Ritual?" Granas begins, pausing to wait for a yes/no. "Well, this scroll appears to be a modified version of that ritual. It will create a golem, though not one made of clay, stone or steel. Instead," Granas explains. How best to explain this next part without sounding like a madman. Granas momentarily ponders, then sighing before continuing. "Instead, it appears that whomever concocted this spell modified it to need a pentagram drawn of sugar and fifty pounds of marshmallows." Granas states firmly. [Invoke Trust]
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 amPerception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [77] = 77
Granas wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:06 pm
Skills
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [84] = 84 /37% [I'm not insane, I promise., Okay, I guess they might think I am]

Granas offers Ivy with a smile. "Ivy, your help in explaining this would be greatly appreciated. I fear they may not believe me." Granas asks of Ivy then turns to find Rigel or Tomass.

How best to explain this next part without sounding like a madman.
Ivy winces at the explanation that Granas provides and watches for the Captain's reaction.

If things appear to be going south, Ivy takes a deep breath, and silently hopes she won't sound like a complete lunatic herself.

"This magic… well, it is a very particular and odd kind of magic. Granas has only just deciphered it, and if there is any chance it might actually help us...." She shrugs. "Anything that helps us is worth trying, wouldn't you say?"

Invoke Trust/Intimidate 1d100: [92] = 92 / 95%
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:11 am Perception: 37% vs 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 and 1d100: [2] = 2
Conditions:

Skills

Post
Ivy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 am She isn't naive. Blind vengeance is not her way. "Taking prisoners isn't ideal, it is messy and complicated, but it offers something that simple death did not – information."

Ivy leans forward, her gaze locking with the elf's. "Think about it, Alwin," she said, her voice firm but also persuasive. "Is a swift death truly all we seek? If Humperdinck is indeed a prince, who is the Changeling King? Wouldn't it be more valuable to know who their king is, what their plans entail? Is Humperdinck just a pawn in a larger game? Besides," she adds, handing him an open book where she found the legend of the Wayfarer's Rest, "if this keep can teleport at will, wouldn't you be curious about its secrets? A dead changeling tells no tales, but a captured one… well, that's a different story altogether."
Granas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:39 pm Granas looks towards Alwin as he begins his idea and mildly shakes his head. Not sure I agree with his train of thought. Granas ponders as he listens. "I'm not sure that killing this prince is the right answer, either." Granas muses "If he is the Crowned Prince, then there need be no king. From my vision, he sat on the throne with confidence. Killing or capturing him could end his line entirely or open the door for retribution if his followers are loyal instead of fearful." Granas considers. I'm not sure there is a king, but I agree we should capture over kill, especially given what they must know. Granas considers. "I do not doubt that your blade will be needed, Master Alwin. I think we should save that as a last resort, if we are unable to capture him and escape with Luna, then. But, this is still primarily a rescue mission. I would not sacrifice Lady Luna in order to kill this prince, nor would I sacrifice any of you to accomplish that goal. Better we all survive to fight another day than our numbers and morale to be bled instead." Granas concludes. I respect the desire to attack the source and stop it from happening in the future, or the hope at least.. Granas reinforces
Alwin forces a smile to his face, "Of course, of course! You are both right, alive would be so much better." The elf struggles to maintain a positive look on his face, Bringing this foul creature back may be just what he wants. He will have a chance to escape or illicit help from some he may have already here. No. The prince dies. The elf raises his eyebrows asking, "We should interrogate him as you say. Find out who else is involved. And yes Ivy, you are correct, a different story indeed."

Keeping his composure the elf turns taking inventory of the sewing items he has found, This dead changeling will tell the tale of caution. When I display his body with the head of Petal, on a pike for all to see... they will understand. The story will be short and clear.
Granas wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:06 pm Approaching either, Granas holds up the scroll in his hand. "Pardon me, I've managed to translate this scroll. Have you heard of the Golem Ritual?" Granas begins, pausing to wait for a yes/no. "Well, this scroll appears to be a modified version of that ritual. It will create a golem, though not one made of clay, stone or steel. Instead," Granas explains. How best to explain this next part without sounding like a madman. Granas momentarily ponders, then sighing before continuing. "Instead, it appears that whoever concocted this spell modified it to need a pentagram drawn of sugar and fifty pounds of marshmallows." Granas states firmly. [Invoke Trust]
The assassin winces a bit, then adds, "As crazy as it sounds, the half elf is trying to save the lives of your guard Tomass. He seeks a distraction other than your men. If it were me, I would simply settle for a head on assault by your men." The elf stands and turns to Tomass, "I mean, this is what they are trained for, yes?" With a smile he continues, "The wizard doesn't seem to like the site of blood, this... Marshmallow man... I imagine, will not bleed. It could be an excellent distraction and a brilliant way to spare your men what I expect will be brutal battle."

He turns to look at Ivy, "besides, when you have the confidence from one so blessed by the gods, how could you deny the attempt?"

The elf shrugs, not carrying if he comes off like an ass or not be he knows, the logic is sound, and it is the best thing this captain can do for his men. But... do we have time?
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Locknar »

Sugar-coated Explanations.
The Temple of Astra
Date: 24 September, 345
Weather: Cloudless night
Time: Late Evening (10:10 pm)

Alwin, Granas, Ivy, Mürrischer, Rigel (NPC), Captain Tomass (NPC), Runidia, Tolliver

  • 3 other Daggers thrown at Ivy.
  • Broken dagger (blade in Trask, hilt found elsewhere)



Trask leaves study duty early, having made little headway in the task, and selects armor from a variety of options presented to him by Tomass' men. The veteran decides to stick with the familiar, and fits himself with a solid suit of splint mail. He thanks the guards for their efforts and thinks of a clever contingency plan to return from wherever they are bound. He sets a Rift Card to the main hall of the Temple of Astra.

GM: Please note this on your Rift Card set.

Ivy examines various legends of shifting keeps, and settles on The Wayfarer's Rest as being the most probable. Or at least, the one she hopes most to encounter. She relays this information to Granas, who concurs.
Ivy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm Turning to Rigel, she asks, "Is there anything of Luna's – a scarf, a piece of jewelry, anything – that Mürrischer could get a scent of? If he can recognize her trail, it would be a tremendous help in finding her within this… Changeling lair or keep or wherever it may be."
The young man offers a curt nod. "There's a specific perfume she likes," he replies, his voice low and thoughtful. "Made from a mountain flower, the Edelweiss. Strong scent, almost… clean, with a hint of something sweet and wild. Mürrischer should be able to pick up on it easily, and I can't imagine goblin raiders wearing the scent." Granas and Mürrischer are both within earshot and hear this exchange.

"There's a chance," Rigel admits. "You'll scent it in her room, you might even find a bottle there."


Meanwhile, it the personal room of certain priests, our friend Alwin is finishing up with his discreet explorations. He arranges the contents of Luna and Rigel's rooms back the way he thinks they were before he disturbed them. As he returns to the group in the library, he privately wonders at Rigel's odds of his survival and whether they are low enough to allow him inherit Rigel's wealth after tonight.

Alwin joins the others in the library just as Rigel and Ivy finish talking about scents. He turns the topic to something he's looking forward to; the impending death of Prince Humperdinck. This is discussed by Alwin with great enthusiasm, though Ivy and Granas raise various reservations about the idea.


Granas approaches Captain Tomass about his urgent need for marshmallows. He proceeds to explain this rather
A mighty fail on the Trust check there.
, sounding rather awkward and uncertain. The fact he smells of Oponi does not help his cause.

A vein throbs on Captain Tomass' temple as Granas finishes his explanation. The Captain's weathered face contorts in a mixture of disbelief and irritation. "Sugar and marshmallows?" he roars, his voice echoing through the temple halls. "Damn it, Granas, I'm a soldier, not a baker! What kind of infernal sorcery are you blathering about?"

Ivy steps in with Rigel, and the priestess attempts to sugar-coat the insane request and make it seem more plausible. At the end of it Tomass raises a dubious bushy eyebrow at Ivy and Granas. At this time Trask returns, sporting new armor in good repair. The soldier alone notices Tomass' nose wrinkle at the faint whiff of oponi smoke clinging to the wizard.

"Golem Ritual, you say?" Tomass rumbles, his voice low and gravelly. "Modified with... sugar and marshmallows?" His gaze is steely, but it is quickly replaced by a weary sigh.

"Sugar I can provide in abundance!" Rigel interjects, his voice light and mirthful. "There's a decent stock of it in the basement, amongst my brewing supplies. Help yourselves, but be warned, some of those bags get hefty." A hint of amusement flickers in his eyes, but he says no more.

Captain Tomass, however, isn't quite convinced. He scratches his beard thoughtfully, a frown creasing his face. "Well, if we're truly going down this marshmallow path," he mutters irritably, "then we'll need a substantial amount of the marshmallows. But who in the nine hells even makes marshmallows?"

Rigel, with a hint of a smirk, provides the answer. "Confectioners, Captain. Bakers specialising in sweet treats."

Tomass grunts in acknowledgment. At this point Alwin decides to help.
Alwin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:20 am "As crazy as it sounds, the half elf is trying to save the lives of your guard Tomass. He seeks a distraction other than your men. If it were me, I would simply settle for a head on assault by your men." The elf stands and turns to Tomass, "I mean, this is what they are trained for, yes?"
To this Tomass leans forward, his eyes boring into Alwin. "My men are trained, yes. Trained to fight with strategy, not throw themselves blindly into death while you skulk about. Do you think you are not being watched elfling? You're not half as clever as you think yourself. Do not test me further."

The Captain no more on the subject, but his eyes remain locked meaningfully on Alwin as he continues, "If the wizard's plan, unorthodox as it may be, offers a chance to minimize casualties, then it's a plan worth considering."

Leaning closer to one of the Grey Hooded Magicians, he lowers his voice. "You, " he addresses the figure, "send a message to the southern watchpost. We need marshmallows. Fifty pounds of them. Rouse those storekeeps from their beds if need be. And make it clear, this is city business, top priority. We need it well before midnight. Blame a mad wizard named Granas assisting me who will take delivery at the southern gate."

The Grey Hooded Magician inclines his head slightly, a silent confirmation of acknowledgement. A wave of his hand sends a ripple through the air, but no other sign is given that the southern watchpost has been roused.

What unusual news of this rather peculiar requirement is about to travel swiftly through Adrianna this night?

Tomass turns to Granas, "If you can fly, you'd best be at the city gate to take the delivery. Then return and do whatever weirdness you plan to do."

Rigel turns to Granas, looking rather enthusiastic. "What are your requirements with the sugar oh Mighty Mad Mage? Perhaps her Holiness and your other friends can follow instructions and have it prepared before you return. Why she might even have it blessed, that's sure to help!"


There are 1 hour and 50 minutes remaining until midnight.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 64/110 P.P.E.
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 6/54 I.S.P., 143/245 P.P.E.
Ivy: 18/22 H.P., 23/23 S.D.C., 27/41 I.S.P. | Armor: Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC)
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 28/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 37% vs 1d100: [83] = 83
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 and 1d100: [76] = 76

Conditions:

Skills

Post
Locknar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:25 pm The Captain no more on the subject, but his eyes remain locked meaningfully on Alwin as he continues, "If the wizard's plan, unorthodox as it may be, offers a chance to minimize casualties, then it's a plan worth considering."

Leaning closer to one of the Grey Hooded Magicians, he lowers his voice. "You, " he addresses the figure, "send a message to the southern watchpost. We need marshmallows. Fifty pounds of them. Rouse those storekeeps from their beds if need be. And make it clear, this is city business, top priority. We need it well before midnight. Blame a mad wizard named Granas assisting me who will take delivery at the southern gate."

The Grey Hooded Magician inclines his head slightly, a silent confirmation of acknowledgement. A wave of his hand sends a ripple through the air, but no other sign is given that the southern watchpost has been roused.

Tomass turns to Granas, "If you can fly, you'd best be at the city gate to take the delivery. Then return and do whatever weirdness you plan to do."
Alwin meets the captain's gaze. The corners of his mouth curl ever so slightly and his eyes shine with satisfaction. So angry captain... but not at me. At yourself, I am sure. It must be so hard to find you agree with me. The elf assassin holds back a gleeful chuckle but does not avoid the captain's eyes. Alwin takes the opportunity to close the distance between himself and the captain, closing to the man's side. Leaning his head in to speak directly to his ear he speaks in a low calm voice, "Now that we may have a suitable distraction, that does not involve your men, maybe we can skulk together. This changeling is a threat to your fair city. A threat to the world. He taints the character of all elves. I would see this disease cured for good. We are on the same side of this battle." The elf pauses briefly, "we don't have to enjoy each other's company to see this done." With a bit of mirth he finishes, "who knows, in the end, we may find a bit of kinship."
Locknar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:25 pm Rigel turns to Granas, looking rather enthusiastic. "What are your requirements with the sugar oh Mighty Mad Mage? Perhaps her Holiness and your other friends can follow instructions and have it prepared before you return. Why she might even have it blessed, that's sure to help!"
When Alwin hears the suggestion he replies loudly, "Yes! I will help! Anything to better our chances. This creature should indeed turn the favor in our direction. We need to see this done as best we can." Alwin walks to find his things first. He makes sure to have everything prepped and ready should the golem take them to the last second. He places Petal's head in a sack and sets it alongside his things. He verifies the sewing supplies he has found are in order and places them inside his pack as well. Lastly, he sheaths his new sword in a scabbard placing it beside his pack. Once everything is prepared, he announces, "How can I help?" Alwin will, for what others see as the first time, put his every effort into getting things ready for Granas' return. This silly creation will undoubtedly distract this Humperdinck's forces. How could it not. This will give me time to hunt it down and cut his head free.

Alwin considers the satisfaction he will feel when the prince's true form is revealed and he is able to exact his revenge for Goram, and Ivy... and her poor dog... What was the dog's name again... no matter... the filth will pay. Then... maybe the filth has a stash of coin. Maybe trinkets. The elf finds himself whistling gleefully while making the preparations and considering everything he will do to his faux prince.
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [2] = 2
Locknar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:25 pmThe young man offers a curt nod. "There's a specific perfume she likes," he replies, his voice low and thoughtful. "Made from a mountain flower, the Edelweiss. Strong scent, almost… clean, with a hint of something sweet and wild. Mürrischer should be able to pick up on it easily, and I can't imagine goblin raiders wearing the scent." Granas and Mürrischer are both within earshot and hear this exchange.

"There's a chance," Rigel admits. "You'll scent it in her room, you might even find a bottle there."
An ear turns before the rest of his head catches up to the sound of an offering of a scent before it were properly made. "Vhat? Ja. Somefing like day could Verk to find Luna, and I've gotten more then enuff of an idea how foul Goblins tend to smell today."

Now Vhere is this room?" He asks as he starts his way in the direction of her room, where he looks for and familiarizes himself with the scent of the perfume.
Locknar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:25 pmThe Grey Hooded Magician inclines his head slightly, a silent confirmation of acknowledgement. A wave of his hand sends a ripple through the air, but no other sign is given that the southern watchpost has been roused.
If he notices the gesture of the mage, an ear turns in curiosity, unsure what magic could have been used of many that he is still very unfamiliar with in general. "Vhat was that?"
Alwin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 amWhen Alwin hears the suggestion he replies loudly, "Yes! I will help! Anything to better our chances. This creature should indeed turn the favor in our direction. We need to see this done as best we can." Alwin walks to find his things first. He makes sure to have everything prepped and ready should the golem take them to the last second. He places Petal's head in a sack and sets it alongside his things. He verifies the sewing supplies he has found are in order and places them inside his pack as well. Lastly, he sheaths his new sword in a scabbard placing it beside his pack. Once everything is prepared, he announces, "How can I help?" Alwin will, for what others see as the first time, put his every effort into getting things ready for Granas' return. This silly creation will undoubtedly distract this Humperdinck's forces. How could it not. This will give me time to hunt it down and cut his head free.
"Ja. A lot of tings could help us" He responds, not entirely sure what Alwin could be on now, but given circumstances, it wouldn't be difficult to narrow it down. "But if you need a hand with somefing, it couldn't be to hard."

He spends the remnants of what little time he may have to prepare something defensible of a front door and its closest windows by reinforcing their frames and replacing nails he feels are too short to survive a brute force entry without entirely just boarding anything up any of them to prohibit exit of those already inside with what he has available and making sure at least his more commonly known equipment were ready for a battle, though he couldn't be certain any combat would particularly ensue a short time from now.

Field Armorer 1d100: [32] = 32 /40%
Carpentry 1d100: [33] = 33 / 35%
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [19] = 19

Conditions: H.P.: 18/22, S.D.C.: 23/23, P.P.E.: 27/52 | I.S.P.: 13/41 | Spell Strength: 12 | Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC : Fire Resistant Half Damage)

Rigel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:25 pmThe young man offers a curt nod. "There's a specific perfume she likes," he replies, his voice low and thoughtful. "Made from a mountain flower, the Edelweiss. Strong scent, almost… clean, with a hint of something sweet and wild. Mürrischer should be able to pick up on it easily, and I can't imagine goblin raiders wearing the scent." Granas and Mürrischer are both within earshot and hear this exchange.

"There's a chance," Rigel admits. "You'll scent it in her room, you might even find a bottle there."
Mürrischer Reisender wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:15 pm An ear turns before the rest of his head catches up to the sound of an offering of a scent before it were properly made. "Vhat? Ja. Somefing like day could Verk to find Luna, and I've gotten more then enuff of an idea how foul Goblins tend to smell today."

Now Vhere is this room?" He asks as he starts his way in the direction of her room, where he looks for and familiarizes himself with the scent of the perfume.
A perfume is perfect.

Ivy nods and gestures for Rigel to lead the way. On reaching Luna's room, the priestess is impressed by the meticulously tidy quarters. Without being too intrusive, she looks to see if a perfume bottle might be found someplace obvious. Likely near a mirror where she washes her face in the morning.

If the bottle can be found, and Mürrischer is present, Ivy offers the wolfen a good sniff for reference. "If we are lucky, you ought to catch this scent in the changeling lair and it will save us all manner of troubles in finding Luna."

Afterward Ivy returns to the hall where others are gathered and talking.
Locknar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:25 pm Rigel turns to Granas, looking rather enthusiastic. "What are your requirements with the sugar oh Mighty Mad Mage? Perhaps her Holiness and your
The priestess nods. "Tell us what we must do." She looks at the scroll if they have anything comprehensible to her, which seems doubtful, and asks the good wizard for specific instructions. "How large pentagram? How much sugar? Is more better? Should that part wait for you to do yourself when your return?"

From whatever Ivy learns of the process, she plans to lead Rigel and some volunteers to extract the sugar needed for a pentagram and make Granas' plans come to fruition. She welcomes any aid from her companions, and joins in the toil herself. Just because I am small does not give me an excuse.

Unless given clearer instructions, Ivy looks for a suitable site for the spell. "Perhaps outside the building but close at hand is best? I do not know how large this marshmallow man will be, and it might be truly enormous." She ensures the site of clear, and selects an area of level ground for the pentagram.

Should Granas make more specific requests or have clearer ideas on what to do, Ivy follow directions. She endeavors to see everything that can be prepared without Granas is ready before he returns with his marshmallows.

As a final touch, Ivy asks the soldiers for lanterns. "When Granas returns, he'll need to be able to read the scroll clearly. We can't have him missing a word and this thing turns on us. Get us some decent light please."

Then Ivy rests, meditating a little if possible.
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [67] = 67
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive) , Ambidextrous, Resistant to Cold (Soupcon; 1/2 damage from Cold based attacks).
HP: 54/54
S.D.C.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 27/44
P.P.E.: 10/10
Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 20/82; -15% Prowl, Spd reduced by 20%
Tower Shield of the Hex Indestructible


Trask watches the interactions he can from his spot in the main hall of the Temple of Astra. For the most part Trask doesn't really pay a whole lot of attention as his mind is elsewhere, on his own preparations, however minor they may seem. When Alwin and Captain Tomass get into it once more, Trask shakes his head at the interaction. Something isn't right with him. Is all Trask thinks on the situation as he rummages through his belongings that he brought in. Where did I put you? Trask thinks as he checks a few of the cases, before exclaiming. "Ah ha! there you are."

Trask pulls an odd stringed musical instrument out, sort of like a guitar, but oddly shaped. Might as well pass the time with some practice. Trask thinks as he strums the instrument, checking the tuning. Whether he gets it right or not, Trask plays for a while, ignoring any complaints if it's bad or not. (Play Musical Instrument (Stringed) 35%/ 1d100: [79] = 79 Failure (To play the Leika)) Though to his credit, Trask doesn't try to be loud about it either, respecting other folks need to meditate or rest before the big job. Thirty or so minutes before midnight, Trask puts the instrument away, and finds a seat to watch whatever is supposed to happen at midnight.
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
Tolliver Trask; The Suicide King
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 1d20: [6] = 6

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft | [4hrs, Flight 50mph] | Charismatic Aura [24m | 60ft]

Skye perched somewhere inconspicuous.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [31] = 31 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [63] = 63 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [4] = 4 /88% (Not getting shot at)
[/quote]

Skills
Botany: 1d100: [34] = 34 /82% [Edelweiss' care and common geographic location]
Identify Plants and Animals: 1d100: [81] = 81 /72% [Has Granas tended to Edelweiss before.]

Charm/Impress: 1d100: [41] = 41 /50% [Hello, please don't be mad at me for waking you up for marshmallows at midnight]

Post

Granas thinks on the Edelweiss described by Rigel with a noted interest. Sounds like a beautiful plant, though nature often combines beauty and deadly. I wonder if I've seen that before. Granas muses during that conversation, though doesn't follow to Luna's room.
Rigel wrote:
Tomass wrote:"Damn it, Granas, I'm a soldier, not a baker! What kind of infernal sorcery are you blathering about?"
"Golem Ritual, you say?" Tomass rumbles, his voice low and gravelly. "Modified with... sugar and marshmallows?"
Granas sighs. Almost laughable how the law regards oponi or plant use, but doesn't bat an eye at alcohol consumption. I wonder what Bastilla would think of this spell. Granas observes as everyone reacts to his fumbled delivery and smell of Oponi. "Yes. This is how much I need." Granas will show Rigel the transcribed list of ingredients from his deciphering of the scroll.
Tomass wrote:
Rigel wrote:"Confectioners, Captain. Bakers specialising in sweet treats."
"If the wizard's plan, unorthodox as it may be, offers a chance to minimize casualties, then it's a plan worth considering."
Granas nods. "That is the intent, Captain. The spell is not my design, but if it works as written, then it will provide us with a great weapon we can use." Granas confirms to Tomass. And it gives me ideas of my own spell modification. This mad mage is some sort of genius, one I hope to meet some day. Granas muses.
Alwin wrote:
Ivy wrote:
Rigel wrote:"What are your requirements with the sugar oh Mighty Mad Mage? Perhaps her Holiness and your other friends can follow instructions and have it prepared before you return. Why she might even have it blessed, that's sure to help!"
"Tell us what we must do."
"Yes! I will help! Anything to better our chances. This creature should indeed turn the favor in our direction. We need to see this done as best we can."
Granas nods. "I will meet them. Thank you for your faith, Captain, even if it's unusual." Granas offers the Captian before turning to the others. "While I am gone, a pentagram needs to be drawn using the sugar as it's lines. At least 10 feet long to allow the marshmallow golem's formation in the center, though it does not specify exactly. I will also need a decorated stick worth 1,000g, no longer than 5 feet. I will repay whatever we use from the Temple to accomplish this. This stick will need to be in the center of the pentagram. I will also need two identical gemstones worth 1,000g, however I am prepared to use my own for this." Granas explains. Granas will draw a pentagram for those who are unfamiliar with it.
Ivy wrote:Perhaps outside the building but close at hand is best? I do not know how large this marshmallow man will be, and it might be truly enormous."
Granas nods. "Yes, outside on level ground is perfect. Thank you. It will allow me to summon without fear of damaging the Temple." Granas agrees. "I shouldn't be gone long. Ivy, Rigel, Alwin, please see to my instructions while I am gone. Skye." Granas says, then turning his head and calling out, the Osprey that had been perched in the rafters then glides down to Granas' shoulder. "Let's go." Granas says and then turns as the pair leave the building, then whispering an invocation and pulling on the magic of the Ley Line as he feels the Flight of an Eagle take hold.

Skye takes off and Granas follows suit, the pair taking to the night sky and arching up high to then aim back down at the main gate. I really hope Tomass told them not to shoot us. Granas winces at the thought. Granas will also take a moment mid-flight to shroud himself in a charismatic aura to hopefully avoid awkwardness at the gate.

When he lands, he'll address the closest guard. "My name is Granas. Captain Tomass sent me here to collect a pickup for the Temple of Astra." Granas states, then offering a soft smile. "I apologize for the fuss at this time of day." Granas offers.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Locknar »

Sugar Rush I
The Temple of Astra
Date: 24 September, 345
Weather: Cloudless night
Time: Near midnight 11:30pm

Alwin, Granas, Ivy, Mürrischer, Rigel (NPC), Captain Tomass (NPC), Runidia, Tolliver

  • 3 other Daggers thrown at Ivy.
  • Broken dagger (blade in Trask, hilt found elsewhere)



Moonlight bathes Luna's quarters as Mürrischer, Ivy, and Rigel enter. The room is meticulously organised, everything in its proper place. Mürrischer, with his
(JIC critical success on a d100)
, detects Alwin's scent lingering on the polished furniture; it is particularly strong on the drawers containing Luna's belongings. Though unlocked and currently closed, Mürrischer discerns Alwin's presence on the clothes within.

On a small table, they find a bottle of Luna's Edelweiss perfume. Mürrischer takes a whiff – a sweet, pleasant scent, distinctly different from anything else. If Luna is wearing it, the wolfen is confident he can follow a trail of this scent.

They return to the main hall. Mürrischer, assesses the front door and windows for vulnerabilities. He quickly determines a frontal assault wasn't how the temple fell – there are no signs of forced entry that might require repair. The sturdy oak door has a beam for barring, and the windows, while having shutters, lack proper locks. Working swiftly, Mürrischer fashions a simple wooden latch to secure the window closest to the door. It is all he has time for.

Meanwhile, Granas and Captain Tomass formulate a plan. The wizard leaves detailed instructions for the team to prepare for his absence. He then swiftly departs. Outside, Ivy locates a clear patch of low grass. With Alwin and others, they clear the area of debris before hauling bags of sugar out of the basement. Several soldiers join the effort, and they finished quickly.

Trask, lost in practice, strums his Leika, a sturdy little stringed instrument. The melody is halting, notes misplaced, but it is soon clear he isn't aiming for a performance. Thankfully, he keeps it quiet, finding solace in the disjointed tune.

Soon the sugary pentagram is complete, and the team await Granas' return. Captain Tomass nods in satisfaction, "Looks magical to me, though I don't know what to do with a stick worth a thousand gold. I've no such thing. Any ideas?" He looks at the heroes and shrugs.

Part 1 of 3 ... to be continued.


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 64/110 P.P.E.
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 6/54 I.S.P., 143/245 P.P.E.
Ivy: 18/22 H.P., 23/23 S.D.C., 27/41 I.S.P. | Armor: Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC)
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 28/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Meanwhile, in them thar hills...

Post by Locknar »

Meanwhile, out in the mountains that night...
In the mountain slopes not far from Adrianna.
Date: 24 September, 345
Weather: Cloudless night
Time: Late at night.

Under a blanket of stars, two goat herders huddle by a crackling campfire, their conversation is punctuated by bursts of laughter echoing through the stillness of the White Rock Mountains. Not far from the cozy scene, the lights of the grand city of Adrianna twinkle and the sweet scent of woodfire fills the mountain night air.

One of the herders, a wiry man with a weathered face leans back on a log and prods the fire with a stick. "Let me tell you, Jebidiah," he drawls, his voice thick with a rustic charm, "there ain't no creature finer than a goat."

Jebidiah, a stout fellow of middle years snorts is reply. "Now hold on there, Cletus," he counters. "Sheep are loyal beasts. They follow you wherever you go, nice and quiet."

Cletus makes a face. "Loyal? More like mindless sheep followin' the one in front. Goats, on the other hand, they got spunk! They'll climb anything, eat anything, and ain't afraid of nothin'."

Jebidiah chuckles. "Spunk, eh? Sounds more like trouble to me. Always causin' mischief, those goats are. Remember when Mildred got herself stuck on top of Roger's barn?"

Cletus roars with laughter. "Alright, alright," he concedes, wiping a tear from his eye. "I gotta admit, goats got moxie. But sheep..." he hiccups dramatically, "...they provide the finest wool for a good night's sleep!"

Jebidiah, his own eyes watering from the moonshine's strength, thumps Cletus on the back. "Sleep? Who needs sleep when you got the thrill of the herd, eh?" He leans back in his chair, gazing up at the star-dusted expanse above.

Suddenly, a sound pierces the night, a faint whoosh sends shivers down Jebidiah's spine despite the numbing effects of the moonshine. He nudges Cletus, pointing towards the moon. High above, the dark silhouette of Granas, stark against the full moon, streaks across the sky with flapping robes and impressive speed. It isn't a bird, not by a long shot. Its form is certainly humanoid, a dark blur propelled by some unseen force. Jebidiah chokes on his moonshine, eyes wide.

"What in the nine hells..." Jebidiah sputters, a cold sweat prickling his skin despite the moonshine's warmth.

Cletus, squinting through bleary eyes, scratches his head. "Some kinda...giant bat, maybe? One o' them legendary night beasts the old folks talk about?"

"Giant bat my beard!" Jebidiah scoffs. "That thing was movin' too fast, defying gravity like it was nothin'. Ain't no bat doin' that."

Cletus ponders this, then squints towards the fading form of Granas. He is certainly headed for Adrianna. "Well, only one other thing comes to mind then, one of them fancy wizard types, flyin' around on their broomsticks with pointy hats and sparkly robes."

Part 2 of 3 ... to be continued.
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Locknar »

Sugar Rush II
From the Temple of Astra and back again!
Date: 24 September, 345
Weather: Cloudless night
Time: Near midnight 11:30pm

Alwin, Granas, Ivy, Mürrischer, Rigel (NPC), Captain Tomass (NPC), Runidia, Tolliver

  • 3 other Daggers thrown at Ivy.
  • Broken dagger (blade in Trask, hilt found elsewhere)



Granas, the wind whipping through his hair, squints downwards. He thinks on the Edelweiss flower and what he knows of it. He recalls that these high-altitude blooms, symbols of purity and courage in some mountain cultures. He has not seen one up close, but recalls diagrams in botany texts; a tiny star sculpted as if from snow. Its star-shaped petals are a luminous white, almost glowing. Each petal is fuzzy and soft, tipped with a delicate fringe that gives it a feathery look. They don't do well in warmer climes, and don't do well indoors either.

Then the wizard sees a flicker of orange in the distance – a campfire perhaps? Alas no time to ponder it now. Just beyond he sees it; Adrianna. A glittering tapestry against the inky blackness, and at his speed it grows steadily closer. Nearby Skye slices through the night air, easily matching the wizard's pace.

It is certainly a strange mission; centered around marshmallows. Fifty pounds of them. But Dear Readers, we know this is not an ordinary case of the Midnight Munchies; our hero is set upon working a great forgotten magic this very night!

The southern gate, a dark round shape against the city wall, comes into view. Granas pushes his magical reserves, urging himself onward. Soon he sees a lone guard waiting just beyond the gate. Two torches flicker nearby him, and they cast long shadows across the ground. Besides the guard stood two large, bulging sacks. That must be it!

Granas swoops down, landing softly beside the lone guard. The wizard straightens his robes and approaches the guard. "My name is Granas," he says. "Captain Tomass sent me to collect a pickup for the Temple of Astra." He offered a soft smile. "I apologize for the fuss at this time of day."

The guard spins around, startled. He is a large man, portly even, with a smooth face that seems genuinely and
_3460e17d-26ee-401f-873f-da0a2091b385.jpg
. That surprise is compounded by a layer of icing sugar dusting his chubby features.

A half-eaten marshmallow, sticky and pink, dangles precariously from his lips. His eyes dart between Granas and the incriminating sacks. A look of pure, unadulterated guilt washes over his face.

Silence stretches out between them, a silence thick with the scent of roasted marshmallows and unspoken questions. What a sticky situation!

The guard steps backwards, and Granas thinks he hears him sheepishly murmuring "I'm sorry" but the stickiness of marshmallows in his mouth garbles the words. Then comes a muffled string of sounds that vaguely resemble 'Marshmallow... good... sorry... couldn't resist...'

Granas hefts the sacks. Fifty pounds isn't all that heavy, even for a bookworm wizardly type, but the sheer volume of marshmallows to reach that weight is indeed surprising. Awkwardly, he tries to hold them in his arms. Realising this won't work, Granas settles on suspending them from a rope below him as he once more takes to the air. The marshmallow sacks sway gently beneath him, a fluffy cloud of sugary delights in the night sky.



Once again the wind whips past Granas' ears as he flies back towards the Temple of Astra, this time with the marshmallow sacks bobbing precariously beneath him like a sugary comet's tail. The trip is uneventful, thankfully. Landing with a soft thud just outside the temple grounds, he is greeted by the sight of a giant pentagram. It seems meticulously drawn in to his specifications.

Around it are his friends, along with Captain Tomass and his men.

"Granas!" Rigel practically launches himself at the wizard. "Thank goodness you're back! The pentagram is ready, but…" his voice trails off, replaced by a grimace. "We're stuck. You said the ritual requires another key ingredient – a stick… but not just any stick. A stick worth a thousand gold pieces."

He stops, eyeballing the two huge sacks. "I've never seen so many marshmallows in all my life."

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?


Butcher's Bill
Alwin: 37/37 H.P., 40/40 S.D.C.: 40, 64/110 P.P.E.
Granas: 41/41 H.P., 22/22 S.D.C., 6/54 I.S.P., 143/245 P.P.E.
Ivy: 18/22 H.P., 23/23 S.D.C., 27/41 I.S.P. | Armor: Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC)
Mürrischer: 30/30 H.P., 9/29 S.D.C., 28/28 I.S.P.
Runidia: 28/28 H.P., 30/30 S.D.C., 12/12 P.P.E.| Armor: Dwarf Plate AR: 17; 160/160 | Shield 100/100
Tolliver: 49/49 H.P., 71/71 S.D.C., 27/44 I.S.P. | Armor: Splint Mail AR: 16; 82/82;
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d100: [12] = 12

Conditions: H.P.: 18/22, S.D.C.: 23/23, P.P.E.: 27/52 | I.S.P.: 13/41 | Spell Strength: 12 | Cloak of Protection (AR 14 : 33/150 SDC : Fire Resistant Half Damage)

Ivy steps forward as Rigel finishes his explanation. "Welcome back, Granas," she says warmly. "I am no expert, but I believe I may have a solution for the stick."

She lifts her trusty spear. It certainly is a well-worn weapon, polished by many adventures over the years, but she does not hesitate. Ownership isn't a concept Ivy holds dearly, especially when weighed against the gravity of the situation. "This," she declares, offering the spear to Granas, "is a magical weapon, true. But it's still a stick, just a pointy one. Surely its magical properties elevate its worth well beyond a thousand gold pieces."

She smiles. "Plus, who knows? Perhaps infusing the ritual with a touch of magic will imbue the Marshmallow Golem with some extra power?"

Then, another thought strikes her. "And speaking of additional ingredients," she adds, "the ritual mentioned needing a piece of clothing, didn't it? To give it personality? What better than something belonging to Luna herself? Imagine it, Granas – a Marshmallow Woman!"

If Granas agrees, Ivy makes suggestions, Perhaps a dress... " She shakes her head, "No a gown won't work, how big is this golem going to be? Perhaps a headwear is best."

"What about some kind of hat? If we weave a crown of Edelweiss flowers it might be very fitting."

If the search goes ahead, she asks, "Would anyone like to help me find enough flowers for a crown?"

Search for flowers and weave a crown.
Wilderness Survival 81%: 1d100: [32] = 32

If in her search she comes across a nocturnal animal, she uses her Commune with Animals psi to ask it to help find these flowers. We're going to need a lot if this golem is going to be a giant. Oh I do hope it is.
User avatar
Runidia Shatterhelm
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:53 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Runidia Shatterhelm »

Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 / 36%
JiC d100: 1d100: [20] = 20 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [10] = 10

Runidia, after
"Tha's an easy one. Ah reckon you remember when Ah was blind drunk an' hit on yer daughter Madeline in font o' you. Ya nearly walloped me outta town fer that one!"
with the Captain and witnessing the results of Ivy's partaking of alcohol, finds herself both awed, and quite useless in the coming hours. Not one for research, she consumes Trask's cooking (giving him a hearty thwack on the back of appreciation afterwards) and lets the others play scholar. Instead, she spends her time with the other guards.

In contrast to her earlier seriousness, she is now all smiles and laughs again - and her flask is quickly emptied of alcohol well before the ritual of sweetness begins. She tells tales and generally does her best to keep spirits bright before the coming task. She will, of course, quiet down if any talk of strategy comes into play.

Once she's gotten her spirits back, the dwarf returns to the main group, eying the magical ritual with a somewhat distrustful eye. Ah ain't seen a ritual like that one before, and Ah've worked here with'n the priests. Still, she doesn't question it, attributing the strangeness of the ritual more to the oddness of magic than anything.
Ivy wrote:If the search goes ahead, she asks, "Would anyone like to help me find enough flowers for a crown?"
Runidia flashes the gnome an apologetic grin. "Ah reckon Ah I can recognize a plant or two. Put plenty o' them into brews an' poultices ta know. 'Sides, Ah'll take any chance I can to make up gettin' a lady drunk on accident." Regardless of how well she does, Runidia takes to the task with fervor, glad to actually be doing something useful instead of indulging her own talkativeness.

Holistic Medicine: 1d100: [87] = 87 / 50% - Help search for and find the correct flower in good amounts.
Runidia Shatterhelm
Is this knight ever sober?

Personal Status
P.P.E.: 12 / 12
H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 30 / 30
Gear Status
Armor Status
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 160 / 160

Shield Status
S.D.C.: 100 / 100

Belle Status
H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42

Barding Status
A.R.: 14
S.D.C.: 70 / 70
Constant Abilities
Nightvision: 90’
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /46%
JiC: 1d100: [91] = 91 / 1d20: [19] = 19

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | I.S.P. used: 4/54 | PPE used: 129/245 | Spell Strength: 15 | Familiar Empathetic/Telepathic Link 600ft | [4hrs, Flight 50mph] | Charismatic Aura [24m | 60ft]

Skye perched somewhere inconspicuous.

Track by Sight: 1d100: [66] = 66 /88%
Track by Smell: 1d100: [3] = 3 /60%
Prowl: 1d100: [19] = 19 /88% (Not getting shot at)


Skills
Lore, Magic: 1d100: [42] = 42 /92% [What will the magic spear as a heart do for the Marshmallow Golem]

Post

Granas' enjoys the brief time in the air with Skye, the full moon illuminating much of the countryside, Granas finds himself gazing at the darkened horizon with a faint smile. I imagine Adrianna has a beautiful sunrise. The wizard finds himself thinking as he begins heading towards the ground. When he lands and the guard turns to face him, Granas' eyes widen at the sight of his startled expression.

"Uh..." Granas pauses as the guilt-drawn man but then looses a soft smile. Can't fault a sweet tooth. Well, a handful of marshmallows wouldn't make or break the spell, I think. Granas quietly considers as he takes the rest of them. "It's okay. If we have any leftovers, I'll send them your way. It's a project." Granas offers the guard to help appease his guilt.

After some checking and securing, the bag with a rope, the wizard will cast weightless to help transport it and then takes off. Granas will take the trip back a little more carefully as to not loose any of his remaining marshmallows. Don't need to rain marshmallows on the countryside. The animals wouldn't appreciate that... or maybe they would. Granas entertains himself with the thought while flying, glancing back to Skye who flies with him. Alright, bud. It's near go time, hope they managed to finish set up. Granas mentions to his familiar as they approach and land. Granas is pleasantly greeted by the completed sugar-gon and the others. Granas will carefully lower the marshmallows then himself when he lands.
Ivy wrote:
Rigel wrote:"Granas!" ... "Thank goodness you're back! The pentagram is ready, but…" ... "We're stuck. You said the ritual requires another key ingredient – a stick… but not just any stick. A stick worth a thousand gold pieces." ... "I've never seen so many marshmallows in all my life."
"Welcome back, Granas," ... "I am no expert, but I believe I may have a solution for the stick."
Granas smiles towards Ivy and Rigel. "Excellent work with the pentagram, thank you." He compliments the work then turns to Ivy as she lays out her idea. Granas' expression is hard to hide as he's surprised to see Ivy offering her spear as a means for the heart of the Golem. It's magical, but quailfies by the scrolls rules. It might be a good thing, actually.. Granas considers, slightly nodding along with Ivy as she talks.
Ivy wrote:"This," she declares, offering the spear to Granas, "is a magical weapon, true. But it's still a stick, just a pointy one. Surely its magical properties elevate its worth well beyond a thousand gold pieces." ... "Plus, who knows? Perhaps infusing the ritual with a touch of magic will imbue the Marshmallow Golem with some extra power?"
"That is a good idea, Ivy. There are other methods, but if you are willing then yes, it could empower the golem. I won't be sure until we try." Granas confirms with Ivy. Her willingness to part with such a special item is unique and could well empower the golem beyond my expectations. Not that I know what this mad mages spell will do.. Granas considers to himself.
Ivy wrote:"And speaking of additional ingredients," ... "the ritual mentioned needing a piece of clothing, didn't it? To give it personality? What better than something belonging to Luna herself? Imagine it, Granas – a Marshmallow Woman!""What about some kind of hat? If we weave a crown of Edelweiss flowers it might be very fitting."
Granas blinks. Well, I was just going to use a piece of my own clothing, but that is a wonderful idea. Granas thinks. "Yes, it did. I had not considered using something of Luna's for a clothing article, but I like the idea. The golem's personality will be molded by what we use. An Edelweiss Tiara or Crown would be perfect; perhaps using one of Luna's headwear with the Edelweiss could add to it as well. Ivy, Could you see to that while I lay out the marshmallows and the spear?" Granas asks of Ivy, finding that he has grown to trust the little gnome a great deal.

When Ivy and whoever else goes off to make the Edelweiss crown, Granas gets started laying out marshmallows. He'll turn to Alwin specifically. "Master Alwin, I don't want that many people moving about in the pentagram, though one familiar with magic such as yourself could help me lay out the marshmallows. If you are willing, I will build the right side, you can mimic me on the left side. I will complete the middle and head of the golem." Granas offers Alwin to help him should he accept.

Upon the layout of the marshmallow golem, the addition of the spear into it's heart with the tip facing up. Granas will also check Alwin's work before proceeding further. Granas will take out two the smaller diamonds (1000cr ea) and place them as the eyes. When the crown is finished and given to Granas, he will finish constructing the golem. Then he will step out of the pentagram, take the scroll out of his satchel and look behind him to everyone else. "Alright, everyone take some steps back. Here we go!" Granas says before casting the scroll. Granas will draw upon Adrianna's available Ley Line as much as possible.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:19 pm Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 /38%
Just in Case: 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d100: [12] = 12
Ivy wrote:"And speaking of additional ingredients," ... "the ritual mentioned needing a piece of clothing, didn't it? To give it personality? What better than something belonging to Luna herself? Imagine it, Granas – a Marshmallow Woman!""What about some kind of hat? If we weave a crown of Edelweiss flowers it might be very fitting."
Granas wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pm Granas blinks. Well, I was just going to use a piece of my own clothing, but that is a wonderful idea. Granas thinks. "Yes, it did. I had not considered using something of Luna's for a clothing article, but I like the idea. The golem's personality will be molded by what we use. An Edelweiss Tiara or Crown would be perfect; perhaps using one of Luna's headwear with the Edelweiss could add to it as well. Ivy, Could you see to that while I lay out the marshmallows and the spear?" Granas asks of Ivy, finding that he has grown to trust the little gnome a great deal.
"Thank you, I'll see it done then. If we fail, we can always use a scarf or something of Luna's instead. I must hurry." Ivy rushes off, mindful of the scant time available.
Runidia Shatterhelm wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm Runidia flashes the gnome an apologetic grin. "Ah reckon Ah I can recognize a plant or two. Put plenty o' them into brews an' poultices ta know. 'Sides, Ah'll take any chance I can to make up gettin' a lady drunk on accident." Regardless of how well she does, Runidia takes to the task with fervor, glad to actually be doing something useful instead of indulging her own talkativeness.
"That would be wonderful thank you," the gnome smiles brightly. She turns to Mürrischer, "I bet we could find the flowers fast with your sense of smell. Would you like to come with us?"

She then looks at Rigel, "Please find us some baskets and catch up. We will need to get weaving as soon as we find them."

Ivy hopes to locate a good patch of flowers, and then leave Rigel to gather more as she starts weaving them together to form a circlet. If any others are have skill for the task, Ivy welcomes the assistance. In fact she asks, "Mürrischer, would you know how to weave these flower stems together? Many hands make light work, as they say." She also welcomes Runidia's help.

For a moment Ivy looks around and is struck by the scene around her. On the eve of battle instead of sharpening swords they are weaving flowers and building things out of marshmallows. She laughs and shakes her head, then gets back to work.

Only 30 minutes to midnight! Will the portal remains open a long time, or will we have to pass beyond immediately?
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 37% vs 1d100: [62] = 62
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 and 1d100: [7] = 7

Conditions:

Skills

Post
Granas wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pm When Ivy and whoever else goes off to make the Edelweiss crown, Granas gets started laying out marshmallows. He'll turn to Alwin specifically. "Master Alwin, I don't want that many people moving about in the pentagram, though one familiar with magic such as yourself could help me lay out the marshmallows. If you are willing, I will build the right side, you can mimic me on the left side. I will complete the middle and head of the golem." Granas offers Alwin to help him should he accept.
Alwin nods in agreement, watching what Grans does and matching the work on his side, magic is a tool, as will this golem be. A significant distraction, hopefully enough to allow me to sneak in and finish business before those of lesser resolve have a say. Alwin looks to Granas nodding and smiling while they work. A fine mage, and at least a half elf... his heart is soft, and I don't know that he has suffered the hardship to harden it yet. With glances toward Ivy he considers, her hardships are many, and recent. I expect her heart will hardened. How could it stay so soft and open after all that pain... and loss.

When he is finished, Alwin steps aside letting Granas examine and verify what he has done, "A fine job, I'm sure you find my work satisfactory. It was done by elven hands. Alwin smiles with his head cocked slightly and takes a place a good distance away while he waits for Granas to finish the ritual. an item of Luna's... maybe not the best choice if it guides the golem's personality. We need a creature that will see the job done. We didn't have the time to know if that is in Luna's nature or not. Either way... the tool will be used.

Alwin looks to the sky trying to judge how much time they have left, could these creatures have an idea we are coming? If this place is always moving, maybe they feel secure. Complacent. We could only hope. If they do, they will not see the storm coming until it is on them. Then... we will be victorious.

Alwin puts his hand on the hilt of his new sword, a chance... to make things right and possibly find riches. If not there... He turns to look at Rigel, certainly here if some don't make it back. He takes a moment to look one more time at the sack with his very, very special present inside, too bad Sill isn't around for this. I think I may have truly enjoyed watching her face as I raise her fallen prince with the head of her mule on a pike for all to see.

One last question rises to Alwin's mind, and he asks the wolfen allowed, "Murrischer,..." offering the beat the dignity of his full and proper name, "are you prepared for the task ahead? I expect, other than myself, you would be most anxious for this opportunity. Maybe the good Captain will tell the tale of the mighty Wolfen warrior who fought for their city." Alwin smiles lightly, maybe they would let you into their city next time without covering your face.
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [35] = 35

Part One:
Locknar wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:44 pmMoonlight bathes Luna's quarters as Mürrischer, Ivy, and Rigel enter. The room is meticulously organised, everything in its proper place. Mürrischer, with his
(JIC critical success on a d100)
, detects Alwin's scent lingering on the polished furniture; it is particularly strong on the drawers containing Luna's belongings. Though unlocked and currently closed, Mürrischer discerns Alwin's presence on the clothes within.

On a small table, they find a bottle of Luna's Edelweiss perfume. Mürrischer takes a whiff – a sweet, pleasant scent, distinctly different from anything else. If Luna is wearing it, the wolfen is confident he can follow a trail of this scent.
His search for a scent is very brief as his own nose guides him effortlessly to a scent he could follow. This should be fine.
Locknar wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:44 pmThey return to the main hall. Mürrischer, assesses the front door and windows for vulnerabilities. He quickly determines a frontal assault wasn't how the temple fell – there are no signs of forced entry that might require repair. The sturdy oak door has a beam for barring, and the windows, while having shutters, lack proper locks. Working swiftly, Mürrischer fashions a simple wooden latch to secure the window closest to the door. It is all he has time for.
Just as easily as he got a second scent of Luna, he fashions something for the main door and its nearby windows.

Part Two:
Locknar wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:45 pm"Granas!" Rigel practically launches himself at the wizard. "Thank goodness you're back! The pentagram is ready, but…" his voice trails off, replaced by a grimace. "We're stuck. You said the ritual requires another key ingredient – a stick… but not just any stick. A stick worth a thousand gold pieces."
The sound of Rigel's voice and he shifts his attention to there. "Is dat a joke?"
Granas wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pmGranas blinks. Well, I was just going to use a piece of my own clothing, but that is a wonderful idea. Granas thinks. "Yes, it did. I had not considered using something of Luna's for a clothing article, but I like the idea. The golem's personality will be molded by what we use. An Edelweiss Tiara or Crown would be perfect; perhaps using one of Luna's headwear with the Edelweiss could add to it as well. Ivy, Could you see to that while I lay out the marshmallows and the spear?" Granas asks of Ivy, finding that he has grown to trust the little gnome a great deal.
"In mein defence... I thought vas a joke." He realizes the ritual to create a marshmallow golem was indeed a real thing.
Granas wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pmGranas blinks. Well, I was just going to use a piece of my own clothing, but that is a wonderful idea. Granas thinks. "Yes, it did. I had not considered using something of Luna's for a clothing article, but I like the idea. The golem's personality will be molded by what we use. An Edelweiss Tiara or Crown would be perfect; perhaps using one of Luna's headwear with the Edelweiss could add to it as well. Ivy, Could you see to that while I lay out the marshmallows and the spear?" Granas asks of Ivy, finding that he has grown to trust the little gnome a great deal.
His head cocks to the side a little. I thought you were a Vizard? If it belongs to out Luna Vould it not seek out the elf if she vere in peril?"
Ivy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:41 pmIvy hopes to locate a good patch of flowers, and then leave Rigel to gather more as she starts weaving them together to form a circlet. If any others are have skill for the task, Ivy welcomes the assistance. In fact she asks, "Mürrischer, would you know how to weave these flower stems together? Many hands make light work, as they say." She also welcomes Runidia's help.
His head turns to look at Ivy questioning at first, "Of course. I may even be able to find gut plants for it." He accepts the task to find flowers for a crown and weave them together.

Identify Plants and Fruit 1d100: [75] = 75 /60% Specifically for flowers with good stems for weaving.
Sewing 1d100: [30] = 30 /30% To weave together a crown of the found stems.
Runidia Shatterhelm wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pmRunidia flashes the gnome an apologetic grin. "Ah reckon Ah I can recognize a plant or two. Put plenty o' them into brews an' poultices ta know. 'Sides, Ah'll take any chance I can to make up gettin' a lady drunk on accident." Regardless of how well she does, Runidia takes to the task with fervor, glad to actually be doing something useful instead of indulging her own talkativeness.

Holistic Medicine: 1d100: [87] = 87 / 50% - Help search for and find the correct flower in good amounts.
"Vhat? Are you sure you Vhat yer doing?" He pipes up if he finds the drunk paladin floundering in search of the herbs she seeks out and offers in own knowledge on the subject. "Maybe you should have help in dat."

Identify Plants and Fruit 1d100: [29] = 29 /60%
Holistic Medicine 1d100: [31] = 31 /40%
Alwin wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:29 pmOne last question rises to Alwin's mind, and he asks the wolfen allowed, "Murrischer,..." offering the beat the dignity of his full and proper name, "are you prepared for the task ahead? I expect, other than myself, you would be most anxious for this opportunity. Maybe the good Captain will tell the tale of the mighty Wolfen warrior who fought for their city." Alwin smiles lightly, maybe they would let you into their city next time without covering your face.
"Is dat you hoping the human doesn't see you do something?" He asks as though he knows something no one else does. Like I wouldn't smell you in the little Elf's room. "But ja. Even if I'm just trailblazer. Sooting a bow has its appeal to me."
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:29 pm Perception: 37% vs 1d100: [62] = 62
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 and 1d100: [7] = 7
Mürrischer Reisender wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:56 pm "Is dat you hoping the human doesn't see you do something?" He asks as though he knows something no one else does. Like I wouldn't smell you in the little Elf's room. "But ja. Even if I'm just trailblazer. Sooting a bow has its appeal to me."
Alwin smiles, "My dear wolfen... you wound me. I am simply pointing out that this great city would sooner die than let you in, but... you are about to risk your life for that very same city. One would think that the guard would make this known... if... we make it back alive."

He walks toward the wolfen, "but yours is a noble breed. Something the humans refuse to see. You'll do this because it is the right thing to do? Won't you? Not to elevate yourself... or your race." Smiling he cocks his head in thought, that kind of nobility doesn't take you far. They won't care if you die to protect them. The elf snorts a short laugh, that kind of nobility can be guided though... to at least help the right folks prosper.
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: The Priestess Bride

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

[Rolls carried]
Alwin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:27 amAlwin smiles, "My dear wolfen... you wound me. I am simply pointing out that this great city would sooner die than let you in, but... you are about to risk your life for that very same city. One would think that the guard would make this known... if... we make it back alive."
He pauses a moment, "I'm not dat concerned about the city. I'm 'ere to find an Elf, not look gut to the humans.
Alwin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:27 amHe walks toward the wolfen, "but yours is a noble breed. Something the humans refuse to see. You'll do this because it is the right thing to do? Won't you? Not to elevate yourself... or your race." Smiling he cocks his head in thought, that kind of nobility doesn't take you far. They won't care if you die to protect them. The elf snorts a short laugh, that kind of nobility can be guided though... to at least help the right folks prosper.
"I'm this far south to confirm or deny to mein kin north of the so-called Disputed Lands the humans are trying to steal from my kin and cousins is suitable to travel." He answers plainly. "So far, it's not looking so gut for them."
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
Locked

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”