Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [43] = 43
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d100: [85] = 85
Initiative: 1d20+6: [17]+6 = 23
APM: 11

human/dragon/ Heroic form active


Before they leave "I will be frequenting here from now on, not just for the bargains, but for the neighborhood." he winks at the employee's.

Looking at the gear, he hands it to Edison, "Take a look at the tech before we drop him off, maybe you can get some ideas on where it came from and or for your suit that you're working on boss. "

When the paralytic starts to wear off (1d4melee) on the technology based thug captured, Lenok invokes the power of the Dragon's tooth Sword:
4. Words of Truth: Same as the Wizard spell of the same name, but can only be used 10 times per 24 hours.
Range: 5 feet (1.5 m).
Duration: One minute (4 melees) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard. The enchanted character makes a saving throw for each question asked. A successful save means he does not have to answer. Questions can, however, be repeated. A person affected by this enchantment is compelled to answer all questions truthfully. The spell caster must be within five feet (1.5 m) and can ask two brief questions per melee round. It is wise to keep questions simple and clear to avoid confusion.
and starts playing
1. Is the battlebots base of operations within a few blocks of here? 2. Is that base north of here. 3.Is that base east of here. 4.Is that base south of here. 5. Is that base West of here. 6. Is that base within one block. 7. Is that base within two blocks. And so on till the base is found, obviously if the first question is no he will expand it to within a mile and continue, he is trying to find it's location so they or the police have a place to raid and shut them down and start on who is providing them with their gear/tech
with him.
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [81] = 81
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.

CHIMERA wrote:"That's a relief!" Becky says putting down her baseball bat. "I'd really love to see you patrol around here more often. This neighborhood needs more heroes."
Edison watches the one sided match of a colorpunk getting yoinked by a dragon and smirks. Edison nods. "You're definitely right on that one miss, If you excuse me, I'm gonna go and see what we can pry out of the shop lifter. I'll be back for statements in a bit." Edison says as he walks out of the store. Edison takes a moment to key his radio to a police band. "Disbatch, we have a suspect in custody, possible color gang assosiations with a group known as the Battlebots. Caught him shoplifting and attempting to flee with jet boots. Over." Edison says before approaching the truck.

"Well the take down was picture perfect.." Edison says to Lenok.
Lenok wrote:"Take a look at the tech before we drop him off, maybe you can get some ideas on where it came from and or for your suit that you're working on boss."
Edison shrugs. "Possibly, engineers tend to put a little of themselves into their projects, so maybe there will be a clue." Edison says taking the jet boots in hand. "See what he knows, and maybe we can hand him off to a regular police patrol. I really would love to see these gadgets the Battlebots are using." Edison says as he opens the passenger door and sets the boots on the seat to take a look at them. "Barricade, could you do a quick look around for any other Nair-do-wells?" Edison says.

Analyze and Operate Devices 1d100: [84] = 84 /93% (See what Edison can sus out about the Jet boots.)

"So what can you tell me little jet boots?" Edison says to himself.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

:::Rolls held over:::
Edison wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:03 pm "Well the take down was picture perfect.." Edison says to Lenok.
"I would hope so, I trained the first to Omega groups how to restrain themselves, and watch for collateral damage and prevent and reduce the amount of civilian casualties. Had lots of practice before outing myself. Got a bit of a weight problem."
Edison wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:03 pm Edison shrugs. "Possibly, engineers tend to put a little of themselves into their projects, so maybe there will be a clue." Edison says taking the jet boots in hand. "See what he knows, and maybe we can hand him off to a regular police patrol. I really would love to see these gadgets the Battlebots are using." Edison says as he opens the passenger door and sets the boots on the seat to take a look at them. "Barricade, could you do a quick look around for any other Nair-do-wells?" Edison says.
"Yeah, our first two tech Junkie's used to put their little marks on stuff, Empire and Val, though I understand Valerie is still around, so you can also collaborate with her. Though she is more of a programmer than a hardware person."
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: GM - HU:CS (Bravo); AGM - HU:CS (Alpha)

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by CHIMERA »

Act II: Going Through the Motions
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 11:50 am
Weather: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)

Edison calls back to base to report that they've made an arrest.
Edison wrote:"Disbatch, we have a suspect in custody, possible color gang associations with a group known as the Battlebots. Caught him shoplifting and attempting to flee with jet boots. Over."
"Roger that, Omega Patrol," a voice cackles over the radio in response. "Do you need us to send someone to pick him up, or can you hold on to him until you return back to CHIMERA headquarters?"

It is a good day in Zericho. For the first time in a long while it is safe to go to Pacheco's Grocery without being accosted by a powered criminal, and it's all thanks to the Omegas. But just because our heroes have arrested a single thief doesn't mean that they have stopped crime. There are many factors that contribute to the rise of crime within a city: a rise in unemployment, the loss of the social safety net, an overall breakdown in trust in government institutions, etc.
Lenok wrote:"Take a look at the tech before we drop him off, maybe you can get some ideas on where it came from and or for your suit that you're working on boss."
There is also that. A lot of the more ambitious theft is usually organized by larger outfits, and breaking those up does a lot towards stopping crime. So Edison reviews the the jet boots to see if he recognizes the work. He cannot say for certain, but the way the wiring is laid out does look familiar. In fact, it reminds him of the inside of a JG-76 "Juggerman" armor.

As Edison marvels at the work, Lenok interrogates the colorpunk with Barricade's supervision. It does not take much effort to get the punk to talk. He reveals that the Battlebots have been based out of an abandoned gas station at the 500 block of Bacalao Road. While there are 29 total members of the gang, there are usually 5 to 7 punks at the station at any given time. They're usually there to modify their hardware and divide the spoils from their most recent crimes.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [43] = 43
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [30] = 30
Initiative: 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16
APM: 11

human/dragon

Chimera wrote:As Edison marvels at the work, Lenok interrogates the colorpunk with Barricade's supervision. It does not take much effort to get the punk to talk. He reveals that the Battlebots have been based out of an abandoned gas station at the 500 block of Bacalao Road. While there are 29 total members of the gang, there are usually 5 to 7 punks at the station at any given time. They're usually there to modify their hardware and divide the spoils from their most recent crimes.


"Well lets call it in and work in conjunction on a raid, that's a good size number of people, we have to work on the assumption that all 27 will be there for safety reasons, better to plan for the worse and be pleasantly surprised instead of caught off guard, but again that is a call for you two to make. It would probably be best for one of the teams to contain it quickly and less collateral damage, and also keep the boys and girls in blue alive."

Looking at the red and blue team leaders, he waits for a response.
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [87] = 87
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.


Radio: Basic 1d100: [45] = 45 /80% (Radio Findings to Dispatch)
CHIMERA wrote:"Roger that, Omega Patrol, Do you need us to send someone to pick him up, or can you hold on to him until you return back to CHIMERA headquarters?"
"Dispatch, I think we can hold him. Over." Edison responds. While looking over the tech in the boots. "Hmmm..." Edison emotes as he traces the electrical. This does look familiar. Are they stripping a Juggerman for parts? Edison thinks as Lennok finishes up his interrogation and approaches.
Lenok wrote:"Well lets call it in and work in conjunction on a raid, that's a good size number of people, we have to work on the assumption that all 27 will be there for safety reasons, better to plan for the worse and be pleasantly surprised instead of caught off guard, but again that is a call for you two to make. It would probably be best for one of the teams to contain it quickly and less collateral damage, and also keep the boys and girls in blue alive."
Edison looks confused. "Call what in? What did you find out?" Edison asks, genuinely not knowing what was said in his absence. If Lenok tells him the situation, Edison looks at the dragon confused. "You do know this is why they sent us. We are the Super SWAT team in this situation. They're not likely to send anyone till the dust is clear and we need meat wagons to pick up the perps." Edison says. "But yeah, we'll call it in so they know what we're about to do." Edison says.

"Dispatch, Suspect has identified location of Battlebot hideout. Abandoned gas station on the five hundred block of Bolo road. Suspect says there are at least twenty-nine members, with apparently only five to seven being on location. We're going to be on route to location. Also could someone check if there is a missing Juggerman, I think I found parts of one. Over." Edison radios.

"Let's pack it up, throw some regular handcuffs on him and stuff him in the back, we're gonna scope out this hangout." Edison says as he grabs the boots and tosses them in the well of the passenger seat, before climbing in.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [47*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [49] = 49

Barricade follows the others out and can't help but chuckle softly as Lenok snags the escaping gang punk before he even gets started good. I almost feel sorry for the poor kid... he muses. Almost.
Edison wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:03 pm"Barricade, could you do a quick look around for any other Nair-do-wells?"
Barricade nods. "Roger that, chief." He gives the area a scan for anyone who might be sympathetic to the gang punk or are of a mind to 'have his back.'

Keeping an eye out for sus types
Crime Scene Investigation –- 1d100<98: [89*] = 1 (100%)
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100<95: [5*] = 1
Streetwise -- 1d100<58: [98] = 0
Once the perp is cuffed and stuffed (in the back of the hovertruck), he comes back to the truck. "So we're about to crash a tech party then? Cool..." He goes to the driver's side door but stops short and looks back at Edison. "You want to take the wheel? This is your collar, after all."

If Edison agrees, he'll slide into the passenger seat. Otherwise he climbs in and fires up the engine.

Pilot Automobile -- 1d100<78: [6*] = 1
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

((Rolls Carried Over))

Analyze and Operate Devices 1d100: [58] = 58 /93% Success (Figure out how the Hover Truck works)
Analyze and Operate Devices 1d100: [44] = 44 /93% Success (Pilot the Hover Truck)
Land Navigation 1d100: [83] = 83 /50% Failure (Figure out how to get to the 500 block of Bolo Road)
Tom Cassidy wrote:"So we're about to crash a tech party then? Cool... You want to take the wheel? This is your collar, after all."
Edison nods. "Sure I can drive." Edison says before moving around the vehicle to get in the driver's seat.

To anyone familiar with hover vehicles, it's pretty obvious Edison has no idea what he's doing, at first. The man seems to fidget with a lot of the controls, before noddings and starting the Hover Truck up. "Kind of like riding a bicycle, if it was a few tons and could fly." Edison says partially joking. Not too dissimilar to a car, just a few more features. Edison thinks as he starts to make his way to the target site, by going the completely wrong way.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: GM - HU:CS (Bravo); AGM - HU:CS (Alpha)

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by CHIMERA »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 11:58 am
Weather: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)
Edison wrote:"Dispatch, I think we can hold him. Over."
"Roger that Omega Patrol. "

With their suspect securely in custody, the three heroes discuss their next course of action. They come to a quick consensus to go investigate the alleged BattleBot base. Barricade even offers Edison the chance to drive. Edison accepts and sits down in the driver seat, getting familiar with all the special features on the Avtran hovertruck. There are four cup holders in the front of the car.

While he is figuring things out, Officer Cassidy decides to give the block one more look over. It's a scene he recognizes all too well from his days as a beat officer. Some crime scenes never get cleaned up, and in fact they accumulate. He can see that this isn't the first time the Battlebots have hit Pacheco's. Or the second, for that matter. And if the Omegas don't do something, it won't be the last either.
Edison wrote:"Dispatch, Suspect has identified location of Battlebot hideout. Abandoned gas station on the five hundred block of Bolo road. Suspect says there are at least twenty-nine members, with apparently only five to seven being on location. We're going to be on route to location. Also could someone check if there is a missing Juggerman, I think I found parts of one. Over."
"We don't have a Bolo Road on our maps, Omega Patrol. Give us a sec, and we'll see if we can find an address for you."

But Edison doesn't wait. To get a head start, he puts the truck in hover mode and flies due east. Hopefully, he can get close to the location by the time dispatch gets him directions. But it doesn't work out so well.

"Omega patrol, according to your GPS you are heading out of Zericho. Please turn back. We believe we have a match for your location, 538 Bacalao Road."

"Bro, why we going to Saritoba?" the colorpunk asks looking out the window. "The Bots recharge north of the grocery."

The dispatch chimes in with a corrective: "If you go due north for five blocks and then head west for about one and a half miles. You cannot miss it. Also, we just heard back from CHIMERA's armorer, all Juggerman armors are accounted for."

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [31] = 31 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [61] = 61
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.

Dispatch wrote:"Omega patrol, according to your GPS you are heading out of Zericho. Please turn back. We believe we have a match for your location, 538 Bacalao Road."
Wait what? Edison thinks as he listens to the radio.
Battlebot ganger wrote:"Bro, why we going to Saritoba?.. The Bots recharge north of the grocery."
Edison shakes his head. "Shadup!" "DIspatch correcting course." Edison radios.
Dispatch wrote:"If you go due north for five blocks and then head west for about one and a half miles. You cannot miss it. Also, we just heard back from CHIMERA's armorer, all Juggerman armors are accounted for."
"Recieved dispatch, over" Edison says. Never gonna live that down. Edison thinks as he gets the hover truck turned around and heading north. "So once we get kind of close, we'll find somewhere to park and scout it out. Anyone have any ideas?" Edison says with a pause, before turning his head to look at the ganger. "If you say a damn word, I'll shoot you in the foot and say you tried to escape."
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d100: [64] = 64
Initiative: 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26
APM: 11

human/dragon/superhero form active

Dispatch wrote:"We don't have a Bolo Road on our maps, Omega Patrol. Give us a sec, and we'll see if we can find an address for you."
~That's got to be embarrassing, but the punk gave the wrong street name, not his fault.~"
Dispatch wrote:"Omega patrol, according to your GPS you are heading out of Zericho. Please turn back. We believe we have a match for your location, 538 Bacalao Road."
Edison wrote:"So once we get kind of close, we'll find somewhere to park and scout it out. Anyone have any ideas?" Edison says with a pause, before turning his head to look at the ganger. "If you say a damn word, I'll shoot you in the foot and say you tried to escape."
Lenok reaches over to the battle punk and says "You look tired, why don't you lean your head back and take a nap?" before giving him a weak poke with one of his claws on his hand to
Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 Paralytic Poison: save 16+ , paralyzed for 1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8 melee rounds


"I was thinking Stealth at first, and then most likely kicking ass, and taking names, but by the book we have to give them a chance to surrender first, before we can open that can of whoop ass, what about you guys?
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [20*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [67] = 67
Edison wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:36 pm
Dispatch wrote:"If you go due north for five blocks and then head west for about one and a half miles. You cannot miss it. Also, we just heard back from CHIMERA's armorer, all Juggerman armors are accounted for."
Barricade snorts softly. "That's okay, we don't need a Juggerman -- we have a Lenok."
Edison wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:36 pm"Recieved dispatch, over." "So once we get kind of close, we'll find somewhere to park and scout it out. Anyone have any ideas?"
Lenok wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:14 am"You look tired, why don't you lean your head back and take a nap?"
Barricade gives Lenok a worried look. "Any possible long-term side-effects from that? Might need to be careful with how many times you do that."
Lenok wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:14 am"I was thinking Stealth at first, and then most likely kicking ass, and taking names, but by the book we have to give them a chance to surrender first, before we can open that can of whoop ass, what about you guys?
"Agreed -- we definitely need to do this by the book," Barricade nods. "The last thing we need is for the whole lot to get off on a technicality because we didn't dot an 'i' or cross a 't' along the way." We've got 'probable cause,' so we should be okay without a search warrant... he thinks to himself, but never hurts to be sure. He thinks back to the Omegas' police training along with his own law enforcement experience, and if there's a computer on board the hover truck he'll pull up the CS legal code to verify.

Crime Scene Investigation – 1d100<98: [62*] = 1
Law - General – 1d100<98: [6*] = 1
Computer Operation - 1d100<85: [91] = 0


"I'd recommend we set down outside the place -- but not too far -- and go up and knock. I don't know that stealth is necessarily going to work -- any perp hideout worth its salt is going to have lookouts that'll see us." He looks at Lenok. "Unless you have any way to make us all invisible?"
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Tom Cassidy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:45 pm Barricade gives Lenok a worried look. "Any possible long-term side-effects from that? Might need to be careful with how many times you do that."
"Had someone complain about a headache once, after a dozen times, while waiting for a pick up with locals, he was a mind controller so I was winging it, couldn't let him stay conscious, but since it only works for a 1-2 minutes on average, imagine a sleeping pill that has been reduced to super micro-dose, it usually takes someone a whole bottle of those to off themselves, and each of those last hours, I think about 5 or 6 in a hour is what I normally restrain it to, just in case, you never know when someone might be allergic, like a bee sting isn't lethal to most, but 3% are allergic, so you never know."
Lenok wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:14 am"I was thinking Stealth at first, and then most likely kicking ass, and taking names, but by the book we have to give them a chance to surrender first, before we can open that can of whoop ass, what about you guys?
Tom Cassidy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:45 pm"Agreed -- we definitely need to do this by the book," Barricade nods. "The last thing we need is for the whole lot to get off on a technicality because we didn't dot an 'i' or cross a 't' along the way." We've got 'probable cause,' so we should be okay without a search warrant... he thinks to himself, but never hurts to be sure. He thinks back to the Omegas' police training along with his own law enforcement experience, and if there's a computer on board the hover truck he'll pull up the CS legal code to verify.

Crime Scene Investigation – 1d100<98: [62*] = 1
Law - General – 1d100<98: [6*] = 1
Computer Operation - 1d100<85: [91] = 0


"I'd recommend we set down outside the place -- but not too far -- and go up and knock. I don't know that stealth is necessarily going to work -- any perp hideout worth its salt is going to have lookouts that'll see us." He looks at Lenok. "Unless you have any way to make us all invisible?"
..." I can think of two ways, and both are unpleasant for everyone involved. Myself, extensions of myself, and up to 50 pounds of my external items turn invisible, but everything inside me does too... I will let your imagination fill in the rest." he finishes saying with a grimaced look on his face, and a sickly hue.

Then his eyes get a bit bulgy and he quickly utters "Before you assume or ask, when I was pregnant with my second child my baby wasn't visible while I was invisible, nor are the items in my digestion track."
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Blackhaunt »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 12:13 am
Weather: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)

Edison course corrects, taking the hovertruck toward their quarry, not away while tossing a few verbal threats toward Jetboot McGillicuddy. The truck handles perfectly, mostly due to his incredible aptitude with all things vehicular.

Lenok, tired of the punk's mouth, puts him to sleep with a sedative poison excreted from his draconic talons. Y'know, normal stuff. Before the young tough can utter a complaint, he is snoring in the backseat. He's a loud snorer and would not be invited to the sleepover.

Thomas "Barricade" Cassidy AKA Pretty Boy Cassidy AKA 🔥Hot Piece of Cass🔥 (that's in Carla's head and she'll never say it out loud) questions the effects of Lenok's sedative but it's hard to hear over the sound of the snoring. The discussion about the need to execute this raid by the book devolves into a hypothetical about Lenok swallowing his teammates to render them invisible inside his body...

ANYWAY, Edison finds a place for the hovertruck to land 3 blocks away to head in on foot/wing/flying disc and scout out the gas station in question. The parking space they found seems peaceful enough unlike a previous experience Barricade had. The three blocks have very little activity given that it's noon on a Friday. A few joggers, dog walkers and a pack of young bicyclers who're probably skipping school given the time of day.

From a distance, it's glaringly obvious which building is their destination.
Image




How do you decide to approach?
Let the GAMES begin.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d100: [84] = 84
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.


Edison looks down the road to the "abandoned" gas station. What is the play here. We've had enough publicity from the past few missions, so maybe a little closer to by the book. Edison thinks as he sighs inwardly. "Alright the way I see it, Lenok you have invisibility and are... well a Dragon, so why don't you try to find a way in through the back, while Baricade and myself make our way through the front." Edison starts, pausing briefly to gather his thoughts. "We know they have some high tech gear, and from what I saw it may be the parts of a Juggerman, or Maximillian suit, or someone figuring out how to copy it, and we definitely know they have at least one laser canon. So that means possible collateral damage, which I would love to keep to a minimum if possible." Edison says.

"We've had some bad press the last few weeks, so let's try not to add to it. Barricade, I don't know the extent of your shielding powers, but if you could try to mitigate outward damage I would appreciate that. Anyone have any questions, or other suggestions?" Edison asks, more than happy to hear discourse if there is.

If no one has anything else, Edison checks his rifle, and gives Lenok a minute or two head start to get in position before moving on.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d100: [20] = 20
Initiative: 1d20+6: [2]+6 = 8
APM: 11
Chemistry 64% 1d100: [74] = 74
Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [79] = 79
Detect Ambush 65% 1d100: [42] = 42
Law 69% 1d100: [76] = 76


human/dragon/superhero form active

Edison wrote: "Alright the way I see it, Lenok you have invisibility and are... well a Dragon, so why don't you try to find a way in through the back, while Baricade and myself make our way through the front." Edison starts, pausing briefly to gather his thoughts. "We know they have some high tech gear, and from what I saw it may be the parts of a Juggerman, or Maximillian suit, or someone figuring out how to copy it, and we definitely know they have at least one laser canon. So that means possible collateral damage, which I would love to keep to a minimum if possible." Edison says.

"We've had some bad press the last few weeks, so let's try not to add to it. Barricade, I don't know the extent of your shielding powers, but if you could try to mitigate outward damage I would appreciate that. Anyone have any questions, or other suggestions?" Edison asks, more than happy to hear discourse if there is.
"I have two options using invisibility I can think of for this to go down. I could check for camera's on the outside to prevent you from being noticed, but it could also help us to have their footage as evidence too, that is if they even have them, this building seems long abandoned like they are probably squatters which means they had to do a breaking and entering just to gain entry, with my magic boots even electronics can't notice me, last time all those demons having the same see invisible ability as me foiled this plan, lets hope they don't have any this time either."

"The other option is I can barricade all points of entry and exits save one, which ever would likely give the least access to stray shots to the public, and funnel them out at one point. Preferably whatever door opens to an empty alley, field, or abandoned vacant lot etc. In either case we have to give them the option to give up voluntarily, but since this is an obvious-abandoned building that gives us just cause to enter without a warrant as it is deemed unfit for habitation, as it's not residence coded and the gates are for sites that are deemed unsafe for work environment, usually for gas stations where the tanks were never drained because it's not a requirement until remodeling is done, and the chemicals inside break down to different components like benzine, an odorless tasteless gas that kills within seconds of being breathed in for normal earthlings, humans or animal. Which means we do need to be cautious about the ground around the building being damage to badly as it may rupture the tanks and cause any potential benzine to waft upwards and either kill these punks or innocent by standers down wind. If they give him a weird look he will remind them a CSI detective is as much a scientist as they are a detective.

As they discuss which to execute and give feed back, he will look over the building from their position looking for anything conceal or obvious traps to discuss as well.
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [73] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [67] = 67

Lenok wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:28 pm"Had someone complain about a headache once, after a dozen times, while waiting for a pick up with locals, he was a mind controller so I was winging it, couldn't let him stay conscious, but since it only works for a 1-2 minutes on average, imagine a sleeping pill that has been reduced to super micro-dose, it usually takes someone a whole bottle of those to off themselves, and each of those last hours, I think about 5 or 6 in a hour is what I normally restrain it to, just in case, you never know when someone might be allergic, like a bee sting isn't lethal to most, but 3% are allergic, so you never know."
Barricade nods, clearly not quite as concerned as before. "That's good to know. Still, might want to keep from using that unless absolutely necessary. We definitely don't need a perp to die in our custody because someone was part of that allergic 3%... or whatever the percentage is for dragon sleepy-time venom."
Lenok wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:14 am" I can think of two ways, and both are unpleasant for everyone involved. Myself, extensions of myself, and up to 50 pounds of my external items turn invisible, but everything inside me does too... I will let your imagination fill in the rest. Before you assume or ask, when I was pregnant with my second child my baby wasn't visible while I was invisible, nor are the items in my digestion track."
Barricade raises an eyebrow, but ultimately just shakes his head and sighs softly. Dragons. Go figure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blackhaunt wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:07 pmFrom a distance, it's glaringly obvious which building is their destination.
"Oh yeah, I think we've arrived..." Barricade smirks as he eyes the area to spot lookouts, obvious security cameras, possible avenues for escape/attack, that sort of thing. If he sees anything he'll point them out to the others.

Keeping an eye out for sus types
Crime Scene Investigation –- 1d100<98: [6*] = 1 (100%)
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100<95: [68*] = 1
Streetwise -- 1d100<58: [53*] = 1
Edison wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:02 pm"Alright the way I see it, Lenok you have invisibility and are... well a Dragon, so why don't you try to find a way in through the back, while Baricade and myself make our way through the front." Edison starts, pausing briefly to gather his thoughts. "We know they have some high tech gear, and from what I saw it may be the parts of a Juggerman, or Maximillian suit, or someone figuring out how to copy it, and we definitely know they have at least one laser canon. So that means possible collateral damage, which I would love to keep to a minimum if possible." Edison says.

"We've had some bad press the last few weeks, so let's try not to add to it. Barricade, I don't know the extent of your shielding powers, but if you could try to mitigate outward damage I would appreciate that. Anyone have any questions, or other suggestions?"
"Sounds like a solid enough plan..." Barricade nods again. "I could throw up a few force fields around the area, but the biggest single one I can whip up is..." he counts on his fingers. "About 130 square feet -- so figure 13 feet wide by 10 feet tall. So yeah I can put walls around the whole building but it'll take a few minutes. I think I can make them invisible enough to avoid them being seen before we're ready. Of course, I could whip you up a riot shield if you think it'd be handy."

If Edison asks for one he will create a force construct riot shield (assuming 50 SDC) and if requested he'll start putting up 10' tall walls around the building assuming they're close enough (if not, he will as they're slowly walking up).
Force Field Deets
- Barricade can create a force field up to 360' away -- so as long as they're within the distance of a standard football field he's good. If they're further away than that he'll wait until they're closer to start. That'll also give Lenok more time to get into position.

- Each 13' wide by 10' tall force field will have 100 SDC and will last for 28 minutes or until destroyed.

- It takes Barricade 2 actions to create a force field. At 7 actions per round he can create 7 walls every 2 minutes. Depending on the size of the building it may take longer but I'd like to cap it off at 14 total if possible. He will start at the windows and clear areas of weakness but will leave the front door uncovered for the moment.

- The Create Force Field power description states he can create "an invisible or semitransparent field of energy/force." The description doesn't express it in either/or language so I'm working on the assumption he can create either one and will be making them invisible.

- Will update his available force field SDC reserves after the GM post and we find out how much he uses.
As they approach the building, Barricade's brow furrows. Edison's right, we need to assume they're heavily armed and not squeamish about using them on the good guys. Time for some accoutrements.

As he walks up (assuming he's done putting up walls), he materializes his own personal armor along with his shield, two giant fists, and Bruno the ever-popular energy construct bear (which is as much for show as anything else).
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC: 1d100: [79] = 79
Initiative: 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24
APM: 11
Chemistry 64% 1d100: [58] = 58
Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [96] = 96
Detect Ambush 65% 1d100: [1] = 1
Law 69% 1d100: [28] = 28
Invisibility power being rolled but JIC someone can see invisible here is Prowl 69% 1d100: [74] = 74 -70% modifier to items or people trying to detect see patron item boots of erasure.


human/dragon/superhero form active/Invisible



While Invisible, Lenok will go around to any side and rear doors and use his metal matter expulsion on the door locks and hinges to lock them into place and barricade against ramming. He will fly up briefly checking for any roof openings, entry/exit points and ventilation points, if any are found he will do the same to the hinges and locks, if a ventilation system or pipe is found, he will cut off the air supply via metal plug as well. ~Wouldn't want any fumes, smoke, or knock out gasses to go to waste. Force them out of the building for fresh air and all that jazz.~ Then he will go to the Front Door, and position himself to the side of the door, with the hinges on the opposite positioning.

He steadies himself for a moment, and uses his frequency ability to check for
1d100: [22] = 22 Sense Communication Systems: Can sense or feel the source of any transmission within range and pinpoint its exact location with reasonable accuracy. This ability enables the character to sense television signals, radio and microwave transmissions.

Base Skill: 90% +5% per each additional level of experience. A failed roll means the transmission could not be pinpointed.

The character can speak and send his voice out on radio frequencies as if he were a living shortwave radio.

300 mile (480 km) range per level of experience (1500 miles). This is two-way communication, able to send and receive. Can also intercept and
eavesdrop on radio and cell phone transmissions unless they are scrambled or laser transmissions. Can also listen to television but can't see the audio portion of the transmission unless the super being is touching a
computer monitor or T.V. set.
to locate any high-tech communications that may be in armor, vehicles, radios, cell phones, or any other tech to give an idea of what to expect as well as listen in for conversation, and signs of in habitation so they don't raid a vacant location.

Whatever he finds, he will cue in to Edison and Tom's built-in suit radios to keep them up to date and make the best possible conclusion and plan changes if needed.
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Blackhaunt »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 12:13-12:25 am
Weather: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)

Barricade spots a trio of surveillance cameras under the canopy, one close to the building aiming toward the street, and two on the left and right facing the opposite direction. He puts up walls around the building to prevent others from injuring civilians with stray gun fire or blowing the walls and escaping.
OOC Comments
Barricade has as much time as he wants. Feel free to choose a number between 100-1400 for how much SDC you used to create your walls.
He armors himself up and summons the star of the show
Image

Lenok uses his powers over metal to seal any entrances besides the front door and closes off the ventilation while he's at it. He listens into any communications coming in and out of the building and picks up a strong signal from KCPN – Century Station's Party Music Station.

All three of them stack up at the front door waiting for someone to come out.

No one does.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [49] = 49 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [55] = 55
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.



"Well if they're not coming out, I guess we go in then. Let's keep the violence to a minimum. We've got enough bad PR as of late." Edison whispers to the others as he approaches the door. Confine yourself to the present. Edison thinks to mentally prepare himself for the next few moments as he reaches for the door handle to open the door. Edison tries to open the door with confidence.

If the door opens, Edison will walk right in rifle in a ready position. "CHIMERA, lay down any weapons and put your hands in the air!" Edison says with all the confidence he can muster. What happens next is really up to the color gang.

If the door doesn't open, Edison will grimace. "Lenok can you open the door please?" Edison says, preparing to move in as soon as it is opened. Edison will walk right in rifle in a ready position. "CHIMERA, lay down any weapons and put your hands in the air!" Edison says with all the confidence he can muster. What happens next is really up to the color gang.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [82] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [84] = 84

Conditions:
- Force field pool: 1,300/3,900 SDC at the start of this post
- Giant energy hands: 300/300 SDC each; 74.75 minutes/299 melees remaining
equal to SN PS 25; 75' reach

- Force field armor: 300/300 SDC; 47.75 minutes/191 melees remaining
Character loses one attack per melee and is -2 on initiative for every melee round that it is in place.

- Bruno the ursine diva & real star of the show: 300/300 SDC; 74.75 minutes/299 melees remaining
Size: 9' (2.7m)
A.R.: 6
Attacks per Melee: 3
Damage: Claws -- 2d6+10 SDC; bite -- 2d4+4 SDC; bear hug -- 2d6+4 per melee round
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 60' (18.3m); prowl 30%; track by smell 68%, swim 70%, climb trees 30%
Speed: 22 (15 mph/24 km), but maximum speed is 44 (30 mph/48 km), which can be maintained for 2d4 minutes.


Force Field Expenditures
- 14x 13' wide by 10' tall walls at 100 SDC each -- 1,400 SDC
- Force field armor -- 300 SDC
- 2x giant energy fists at 300 SDC each -- 600 SDC
- Bruno the energy bear -- 300 SDC
- Total: 2,600 SDC
Barricade breathes a sigh as he finishes all his force field preparation. "Man... that was... more than I expected. That would have completely tapped me out back in my early SLJ days..." he chuckles as he gives Bruno a scratch behind his semi-transparent energy ears. "Worth it though."

He points towards the gas station. "Okay... so they definitely have this wired for surveillance. They've got surveillance cameras under the canopy, one close to the building aiming toward the street, and two on the left and right facing the opposite direction. No way they won't see us coming, but hopefully our resident 'stealth bomber' won't show up unless they've got thermal trackers installed. Guess it's time to do that 'to protect and to serve' thing, yeah?"

The lack of any kind of response has the former cop suspicious. They know we're here. They have to know we're here. It could be just a case of 'let's pretend we're not here and maybe they'll go away...' but somehow I don't think so. This stinks like a setup.
Edison wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:00 pm"Well if they're not coming out, I guess we go in then. Let's keep the violence to a minimum. We've got enough bad PR as of late." Edison whispers to the others as he approaches the door.
Barricade reaches out and puts a hand on Edison's shoulder. "Hold up a moment. This has got 'trap' written all over it. I'd like to test a theory before we make ourselves at home -- be right back. Meantime, both of you might want to hang back behind my barriers." He chuckles. "I mean, hang back behind Barricade's barricades."

He walks back to the hover van and opens the back door where the ganger is being kept. "Up and at 'em, Tinkerbell..." he says as he grabs him with one of his energy fists. "Lucky you -- it's time for the 'audience participation' part of the show."

Carrying the punk back with him, Barricade places him in front of the front door. "Wanna hear a theory, pal? 'Cause I've got a theory. You gave up this location pretty quickly, but there doesn't seem to be anyone home. Now it could be that they're pretending they're not there, just like I used to do whenever the Cthulhu's Witnesses would come by. Could be they've all gone out for sushi and it's just bad timing on our part. Or... this isn't y'all's hideout at all, but just a decoy location y'all give the cops to make us think you're cooperating." He grins grimly. "But you know what I think? I think this decoy is booby trapped to blow whenever someone tries to SWAT the place. That's where you come in, pal. We're promoting you to 'honorary SWAT guy' so you stand in the doorway while we open this door. Unless, of course, you'd like to share any reasons why we shouldn't... but if you do, you better make it quick..."

He takes a couple of steps back (behind his barricades) while holding the ganger on the doorstep with one energy hand and ever-so-slowly starting to turn the door handle with the other. Here's hoping his sense of self-preservation beats any sense of loyalty he may have...

OOC: Even if he turns the handle all the way, he will NOT actually open the door... but the ganger doesn't have to know that.
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d100: [49] = 49
Initiative: 1d20+6: [1]+6 = 7
APM: 11
Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [76] = 76
Detect Ambush 65% 1d100: [16] = 16
Law 69% 1d100: [67] = 67
frequency/ communications 90% 1d100: [8] = 8
Invisibility power being rolled but JIC someone can see invisible here is Prowl 69% 1d100: [10] = 10 -70% modifier to items or people trying to detect see patron item boots of erasure.


human/dragon/superhero form active



Watching Edison and Tom, Lenok, while insiible, positions himself hovering above the door, and watches Tom as he grabs the punk to tst a theroy of his.

Checking around and listening for traps, and radio chatter while readily waiting for action to jump off.

As Tom returns Lenok continues listening for radio transmissions to hear if or what the camera's are picking up. ~Pretty smart, but this could also be how they get rid of someone who is a loose end too.~ he thinks to himself.

Incase action happens: APM and Rolls:

1: Sword strike 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 damage 4d6+44: [1, 1, 5, 2]+44 = 53 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!

2: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 damage 6d6+44: [4, 6, 5, 2, 6, 2]+44 = 69 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4 melee rounds

3. Energy Expulsion:Electricity ; Range: 400' Strike 1d20+10 (Bonuses: +3 aimed shot, +1 wild shot) 1d20
Damage: 6D6+1 per level
Bonuses: +3 aimed shot, +1 wild shot

4. Shoot Metal Blades: strike 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 damage 5d6: [3, 3, 5, 2, 1] = 14

5. Super Speed Sword strike 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 damage 4d6+44: [4, 3, 2, 5]+44 = 58 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!

6. Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 damage 6d6+44: [4, 4, 6, 4, 5, 3]+44 = 70 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [3]+2 = 5 melee rounds

7. Sword lightening strike 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 damage 5d6: [1, 3, 4, 4, 3] = 15 Range: 1000ft As a magical energy blast, it will affect supernatural beings, creatures of magic and those who are normally invulnerable.

8. Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 damage 6d6+44: [3, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3]+44 = 58 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3 melee rounds

9. Sword strike 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 damage 4d6+44: [2, 5, 5, 2]+44 = 58 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!

10. Shoot Metal Blades: strike 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 damage 5d6: [2, 1, 5, 3, 1] = 12

11. Sword strike 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 damage 4d6+44: [6, 5, 6, 3]+44 = 64 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!




Paralytic Poison: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison (a roll of 16 or higher). A failed roll means 1d4 damage and the part of the body that was stung becomes paralyzed within seconds. If an arm or leg, the character functions without its use. One melee round later, the entire body is paralyzed by the neural toxin for 1d6+2 melee rounds; cannot attack, use powers (except mind powers) or even speak.



Combat Data
HTH Type: Martial Arts
Number of Attacks: 11
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +9
Parry Bonus: +14
Dodge Bonus: +17
Auto Dodge Bonus: +15
Disarm Bonus: +2
HTH Damage Bonus: +18 *38* +6*= 44 (*From abilities bestowed/all attacks +6)
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +10
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +9
Other: +4 to damage for every 20 mph (32 km) of speed. +60 flying FS/ +60 running FS
Armor layered rating:(Last-first) Invunerable :Natural 13 sdc 371/ 2nd Omega suit 17 sdc 250/ 1st ME: Metal 17 sdc 240 /Aps Light: Intangible
Weapon Proficiencies:
Paired Weapons
Sword: +2 +3= 12 to Strike, +2 +3=17 to Parry
Shield: +2 to Parry +16, +1 to Strike +10/ Mystic Shield 200 sdc
Knife: +1 to Strike when Thrown, +1 to Strike, +1 to Parry
Pistol: +7 to Strike w/Aimed shot, +3 to Strike w/Burst

Parry Rolls (1. 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29 (2. 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 (3. 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 (4. 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24 (5. 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 (6. 1d20+14: [8]+14 = 22 (7. 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 (8. 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26

Dodge rolls: (1. 1d20+17: [7]+17 = 24 (2. 1d20+17: [9]+17 = 26 (3. 1d20+17: [19]+17 = 36 (4. 1d20+17: [4]+17 = 21 (5. 1d20+17: [7]+17 = 24 6. 1d20+17: [16]+17 = 33 (7. 1d20+17: [7]+17 = 24 (8. 1d20+17: [10]+17 = 27

Auto-Dodge rolls: (1. 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 (2. 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 (3. 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 (4. 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 (5. 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 6. 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 (7. 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 (8. 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26

Roll w/Punch: (1. 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 (2.[roll=]1d20+10[/roll] (3. 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 (4. 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 (5. 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 (6. 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 (7. 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 (8. 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12

Additional rolls just in case d20's: (1. 1d20: [5] = 5 (2. 1d20: [3] = 3 (3. 1d20: [14] = 14 (4. 1d20: [12] = 12 (5. [roll=]1d20[/roll] (6. 1d20: [16] = 16 (7. 1d20: [13] = 13 (8. 1d20: [5] = 5

Additional rolls just in case d100's: (1. 1d100: [19] = 19 (2. 1d100: [3] = 3 (3. 1d100: [44] = 44 (4. 1d100: [86] = 86 (5. [roll=]1d100[/roll] (6. 1d100: [73] = 73 (7. 1d100: [37] = 37 (8. 1d100: [70] = 70
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Barricade wrote:"Hold up a moment. This has got 'trap' written all over it. I'd like to test a theory before we make ourselves at home -- be right back. Meantime, both of you might want to hang back behind my barriers." He chuckles. "I mean, hang back behind Barricade's barricades."
Edison pauses and looks to Barricade. Seems unlikely, but no harm in being cautious, not like there is an actual danger happening at the precise moment here. Edison thinks before stepping back and speaking. "Go for it." Edison says as he watches Barricade work.

Edison has to control himself to not laugh at Barricade's conversation with the Color Punk. If nothing else, He is pretty damn funny. Edison thinks as he waits to see what happens.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Blackhaunt »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 12:25-12:40 pm
Weather: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)

Edison gets ready to open the door but he sees Barricade heading to the Hovertruck with intent and decides to hold off.

Barricade wakes the sleepy rocketboot thief and explains in no uncertain terms that if this place he lead them to was a trap, that he was going to be the canary in the coalmine. Barely awake, the criminal nods and tries to speak but only manages to drool his understanding.

Lenok stands back and enjoys the fireworks.

With a giant energy hand holding the gangster up to the door and another turning the handle... nothing happens.

There is no explosion, pushing the gangster in slightly reveals no trip wires/lasers, there are no noxious gasses to meet the heroes or spike traps extruding from the gound.

With the understanding that there is nothing lying in wait, the three (four if you include sleepy mcgee) make their way inside. Inside, they find a gas station convenience store minus all of the things one would expect (chips, soda, gum, energy drinks, etc.). It's just desolate. There are no cobwebs which is not in line with the rest of the place, but this gas station and convenience store are abandoned.

Lenok notices some oily footprints on the ground leading toward the back. He pops open the door behind the counter. Nothing happens. Carefully investigating the back area reveals a hidden lift to a lower level on the right hand side of the hallway heading toward the back door.

Bruno continues to look amazing even without sunlight directly shining on him. Maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's MayBeline. The capital B stands for Bruno.

Image


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 12:25-12:40 pm
Weather: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)

Perception 94%: 1d100: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d100: [3] = 3
Initiative: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11
APM: 11
Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [23] = 23
Detect Ambush 65% 1d100: [68] = 68
Law 69% 1d100: [25] = 25
frequency/ communications 90% 1d100: [27] = 27
Invisibility power being rolled but JIC someone can see invisible here is Prowl 69% 1d100: [27] = 27 -70% modifier to items or people trying to detect see patron item boots of erasure.

human/dragon/superhero form active/Invisible


God of the HU-verse wrote: With the understanding that there is nothing lying in wait, the three (four if you include sleepy mcgee) make their way inside. Inside, they find a gas station convenience store minus all of the things one would expect (chips, soda, gum, energy drinks, etc.). It's just desolate. There are no cobwebs which is not in line with the rest of the place, but this gas station and convenience store are abandoned.

Lenok notices some oily footprints on the ground leading toward the back. He pops open the door behind the counter. Nothing happens. Carefully investigating the back area reveals a hidden lift to a lower level on the right hand side of the hallway heading toward the back door.

Bruno continues to look amazing even without sunlight directly shining on him. Maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's MayBeline. The capital B stands for Bruno.

The Draconic Detective noticing the footprints, speaks up while invisible, giving a disembodied voice effect. "Guys, back here near the counter's backdoor, footprints." Opening the door while invisible making a ghostly activity in the process/ "We have stairs Bravo."

Lenok takes a scouting position picks up his hovering pace and will alert the team over their radio frequency with his ability if/when he spots and give the indicator where anyone and everyone is in the process, if anyone is present or spotted.

Incase action happens: APM and Rolls:

1: Sword strike 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 damage 4d6+44: [6, 1, 6, 4]+44 = 61 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!

2: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 damage 6d6+44: [4, 5, 5, 2, 2, 2]+44 = 64 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3 melee rounds

3. Energy Expulsion:Electricity ; Range: 400' Strike 1d20+10 (Bonuses: +3 aimed shot, +1 wild shot) 1d20
Damage: 6D6+1 per level
Bonuses: +3 aimed shot, +1 wild shot

4. Shoot Metal Blades: strike 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 damage 5d6: [6, 4, 2, 6, 5] = 23

5. Super Speed Sword strike 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 damage 4d6+44: [6, 6, 5, 4]+44 = 65 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!

6. Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 damage 6d6+44: [5, 4, 6, 4, 3, 3]+44 = 69 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4 melee rounds

7. Sword lightening strike 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 damage 5d6: [5, 3, 2, 2, 6] = 18 Range: 1000ft As a magical energy blast, it will affect supernatural beings, creatures of magic and those who are normally invulnerable.

8. Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 damage 6d6+44: [2, 2, 4, 2, 1, 4]+44 = 59 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3 melee rounds

9. Sword strike 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 damage 4d6+44: [4, 2, 4, 3]+44 = 57 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!

10. Shoot Metal Blades: strike 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 damage 5d6: [1, 6, 2, 2, 5] = 16

11. Sword strike 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 damage 4d6+44: [1, 6, 5, 4]+44 = 60 Magic* Affects/damages all creatures of magic, including animated dead, zombies, golems, vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, godlings, etc. Also damages super beings who are Invulnerable!




Paralytic Poison: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison (a roll of 16 or higher). A failed roll means 1d4 damage and the part of the body that was stung becomes paralyzed within seconds. If an arm or leg, the character functions without its use. One melee round later, the entire body is paralyzed by the neural toxin for 1d6+2 melee rounds; cannot attack, use powers (except mind powers) or even speak.



Combat Data
HTH Type: Martial Arts
Number of Attacks: 11
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +9
Parry Bonus: +14
Dodge Bonus: +17
Auto Dodge Bonus: +15
Disarm Bonus: +2
HTH Damage Bonus: +18 *38* +6*= 44 (*From abilities bestowed/all attacks +6)
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +10
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +9
Other: +4 to damage for every 20 mph (32 km) of speed. +60 flying FS/ +60 running FS
Armor layered rating:(Last-first) Invulnerable :Natural 13 sdc 371/ 2nd Omega suit 17 sdc 250/ 1st ME: Metal 17 sdc 240 /Aps Light: Intangible
Weapon Proficiencies:
Paired Weapons
Sword: +2 +3= 12 to Strike, +2 +3=17 to Parry
Shield: +2 to Parry +16, +1 to Strike +10/ Mystic Shield 200 sdc
Knife: +1 to Strike when Thrown, +1 to Strike, +1 to Parry
Pistol: +7 to Strike w/Aimed shot, +3 to Strike w/Burst

Parry Rolls (1. 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16 (2. 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16 (3. 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 (4. 1d20+14: [9]+14 = 23 (5. 1d20+14: [9]+14 = 23 (6. 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24 (7. 1d20+14: [3]+14 = 17 (8. 1d20+14: [3]+14 = 17

Dodge rolls: (1. 1d20+17: [5]+17 = 22 (2. 1d20+17: [19]+17 = 36 (3. 1d20+17: [18]+17 = 35 (4. 1d20+17: [13]+17 = 30 (5. 1d20+17: [9]+17 = 26 6. 1d20+17: [19]+17 = 36 (7. 1d20+17: [16]+17 = 33 (8. 1d20+17: [11]+17 = 28

Auto-Dodge rolls: (1. 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 (2. 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 (3. 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 (4. 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 (5. 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 6. 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 (7. 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 (8. 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35

Roll w/Punch: (1. 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 (2.[roll=]1d20+10[/roll] (3. 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 (4. 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 (5. 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 (6. 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 (7. 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 (8. 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29

Additional rolls just in case d20's: (1. 1d20: [5] = 5 (2. 1d20: [19] = 19 (3. 1d20: [5] = 5 (4. 1d20: [16] = 16 (5. [roll=]1d20[/roll] (6. 1d20: [9] = 9 (7. 1d20: [13] = 13 (8. 1d20: [7] = 7

Additional rolls just in case d100's: (1. 1d100: [86] = 86 (2. 1d100: [18] = 18 (3. 1d100: [79] = 79 (4. 1d100: [48] = 48 (5. [roll=]1d100[/roll] (6. 1d100: [75] = 75 (7. 1d100: [33] = 33 (8. 1d100: [18] = 18
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [14] = 14
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.



Edison briefly looks over the room, but doesn't notice anything too strange, save maybe how clean the place is.
Lenok wrote:"Guys, back here near the counter's backdoor, footprints... We have stairs Bravo."
Edison looks up towards the voice and makes his way towards the back. "Prints you say." Edison says over the radio built into his suit. Edison looks at the prints. Well it seems obvious someone went this way. Edison thinks as he makes his way towards the back room. "Lenok scout ahead, Barricade cover the rear." Edison says as he moves over and grabs the color ganger. "You are gonna keep quiet and not cause any issues." Edison says as he pushes him to somewhere he can handcuff the guy in place. Once the perp is secured, Edison will start to head downstairs. "Into the viper pit we go guys."
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Blackhaunt »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 12:40-12:43 pm
Weather:
  • Outside: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Air conditioned, crisp (55 degrees)
Edison cuffs Jetboots to a rack that's bolted into the ground. He's not going anywhere. Walking into the back of the gas station, the team decides to descend the elevator located off the landing next to the short flight of stairs. Two levels, two buttons.
Image
. Anyone pressing the up button will find that it does nothing. You're already on the top floor. A press of the down button sends you at a reasonable pace toward the basement of this gas station.

The door slides open and you're greeted with a set of hallway stairs that leads you to the left immediately. Before, only Lenok could hear it but now it's obvious to everyone present. KCPN is playing in the distance somewhere on this level. The beat is bumping.


Image


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [50] = 50
Initiative: 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9
APM: 11
Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [6] = 6
Detect Ambush 65% 1d100: [84] = 84
Law 69% 1d100: [34] = 34
frequency/ communications 90% 1d100: [59] = 59
Invisibility power being used but JIC someone can see invisible here is Prowl 69% 1d100: [89] = 89 -70% modifier to items or people trying to detect see patron item boots of erasure.


human/dragon/superhero form active/Invisible



Lenok in the lead, when he rounds the corner he quickly tells the others to stop, as he spots the camera looking object, he goes under the camera and gives it a jolt of
Energy Expulsion:Electricity ; Range: 400' Strike 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 (Bonuses: +3 aimed shot, +1 wild shot)
Damage: 6d6: [5, 4, 1, 4, 5, 6] = 25 +5 = 30
Bonuses: +3 aimed shot, +1 wild shot
to the back underside of it to fry it, and turns the lens up at the ceiling just in case to fry it, tells the others "Camera disabled' then proceeds to the closed door he passed, opens the door to the right of the hallway to realize it's just a bathroom, "Clear to the right, it's a john." then moves back to the hallway and down the hallway trying to stay a 5-6 second lead on the team to give them time to react and defend themselves.

He projects his thoughts over the team radio ~The basement area is by far larger than the above ground, someone is investing in this group, this kind of structure and hidden, not easy to get built and approved when it is where the tanks are supposed to be.~
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [29] = 29 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [49] = 49
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.


Well this appears a bit more hi-tech than insinuated by the color ganger. Edison thinks as the group descends down the stairs. Edison walks slowly pausing at each new junction, waiting for Lenok's report. Edison watches the doors ahead of him open by invisible hands and suppresses a smirk.
Lenok wrote:"Camera disabled'


"Acknowledged." Edison responds.

Lenok wrote:"Clear to the right, it's a john."


Well it seems they have normal human needs, that is good. Edison thinks. "Noted. Edison replies.

Lenok wrote:"The basement area is by far larger than the above ground, someone is investing in this group, this kind of structure and hidden, not easy to get built and approved when it is where the tanks are supposed to be."


"Likely more to the gang than we thought. Wouldn't be surprised if it's some bigger fish with gang members as henchmen." Edison says. Edison continues to follow the disembodied Lenok, peeking into the bathroom as he passes it.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [60*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [49] = 49

Conditions:
- Force field pool: 1,300/3,900 SDC at the start of this post
- 14 Force Field Walls (13' wide x 10' tall): 100/100 SDC; 30 minutes remaining
- Giant energy hands: 300/300 SDC each; 57 minutes remaining
equal to SN PS 25; 75' reach

- Force field armor: 300/300 SDC; 30 minutes/191 melees remaining
Character loses one attack per melee and is -2 on initiative for every melee round that it is in place.

- Bruno the ursine diva & real star of the show: 300/300 SDC; 57 minutes remaining
Size: 9' (2.7m)
A.R.: 6
Attacks per Melee: 3
Damage: Claws -- 2d6+10 SDC; bite -- 2d4+4 SDC; bear hug -- 2d6+4 per melee round
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 60' (18.3m); prowl 30%; track by smell 68%, swim 70%, climb trees 30%
Speed: 22 (15 mph/24 km), but maximum speed is 44 (30 mph/48 km), which can be maintained for 2d4 minutes.


Barricade can't stifle a sigh of disappointment when the thug can't give a response more coherent that your average 6-month-old infant. Well that's put a crimp on an otherwise darn fine plan... he groans to himself as he pulls the thug away and carefully opens the door. The absolute lack of kablooey as they enter the building makes him relieved in the moment, but the relief turns into concern. Okay, when and where will the other shoe drop? It clearly meant to look like it's abandoned but clearly it gets used too often for spiderwebs to form... For a moment he's reminded of the Omega of the same name who went off on a research project. Wonder if he misses the superhero gig?
Lenok wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:19 pm"Guys, back here near the counter's backdoor, footprints." Opening the door while invisible making a ghostly activity in the process/ "We have stairs Bravo."
Edison wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:25 pm"Lenok scout ahead, Barricade cover the rear." Edison says as he moves over and grabs the color ganger. "You are gonna keep quiet and not cause any issues." Edison says as he pushes him to somewhere he can handcuff the guy in place. Once the perp is secured, Edison will start to head downstairs. "Into the viper pit we go guys."
Barricade nods as he sets the thug down so Edison can secure him. "Understood. But if it all hits the fan, duck behind me and Bruno." As the other two Omegas descend the stairs (well, one for sure as he can't actually see the other) he stares down into the gloom as thoughts of descending into Ironvein's hideout flash though his head. "Here we go again..." he mutters as he heads downstairs.
Edison wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:57 am"Likely more to the gang than we thought. Wouldn't be surprised if it's some bigger fish with gang members as henchmen."
"That would make a lot of sense, given their tech budget..." Barricade nods as he keeps a wary eye behind and around them. "Bruno, growl if you hear or smell anything like our spaced-out friend upstairs."

Prowl -- 1d100<70: [72] = 0
Prowl 2nd attempt -- 1d100<70: [46*] = 1
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Blackhaunt »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 12:43-12:46 pm
Weather:
  • Outside: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Air conditioned, crisp (55 degrees)
With Lenok at the lead, the Bravo Boys continue to make their way through the underground high-tech basement. Past the bathroom and down the hallway, there is a split in the hallway, the door to their left is locked but the door to their right is ajar. Heading through that, they are in an office of sorts. A couple of laptops with schematics, a desktop computer actively working with a fabrication machine to create a series of parts. Past that desktop, there is another door. Behind that door, the music Lenok heard earlier can be heard blasting by everyone present. Lenok tries the handle and it's not locked...


Image


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100: [30] = 30
Initiative: 1d20+6: [7]+6 = 13
APM: 11
Chemistry 64% 1d100: [59] = 59
Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [45] = 45
Detect Ambush 65% 1d100: [62] = 62
Law 69% 1d100: [97] = 97
Invisibility power being rolled but JIC someone can see invisible here is Prowl 69% 1d100: [76] = 76 -70% modifier to items or people trying to detect/ see patron item boots of erasure.


human/dragon/superhero form active/invisible


Walking over to the parts printing device, he checks to determine the type of material the printer is using, and looks to see if any of the parts he can recognize seem to be illegal, akin to fully automatic assault rifles etc."The Music I heard is coming from behind that door in the corner, and it's unlocked, Edison, are these parts similar to the designs you mentioned before?"

~That big door back at the hallway to the left being locked, I could open it, but do we take on what's behind this unlocked door with the music first? Up to leadership, it could go either way, it could be a trap as well.`

" I am quite certain this is a trap, there should be punks all over this place, but it's nearly empty. If this isn't a trap, my ass isn't scaley."
Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [38] = 38
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.


Skill Dump:
Analyze and Operate Devices 1d100: [42] = 42 /95% (What are they working on?)
Electrical Engineer 1d100: [30] = 30 /72% (What are they working on?)
Mechanical Engineer 1d100: [11] = 11 /62% (What are they working on?)
Weapons Engineer 1d100: [85] = 85 /60% (What are they working on?)
Robot Mechanics 1d100: [5] = 5 /58% (What are they working on?)
Robot Electronics 1d100: [14] = 14 /65% (What are they working on?)
Computer Operation 1d100: [93] = 93 /80% (What are they working on?)
Computer Programming 1d100: [44] = 44 /70% (What are they working on?)

When Edison moves into the room he looks around. "Interesting. I wonder if they have a server farm down here as well, given how cold they're keeping it." Edison says as he moves the to computer to look at what is being produced. Edison moves over to the fabrication machine, and looks at what it is doing. Interesting. Not a problem for the second though. Edison thinks.

"I don't see a reason why we shouldn't move through. True that locked door is a outlier, but it doesn't matter which door we go through, someone may always be behind us. Lets run a stack and see what's on the other side." Edison says over the radio, as he moves to second position near the door.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
User avatar
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Lenok »

Perception 94%: 1d100: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [15] = 15
Initiative: 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10
APM: 11
Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [91] = 91
Detect Ambush 65% 1d100: [25] = 25
Law 69% 1d100: [81] = 81
Invisibility power being rolled but JIC someone can see invisible here is Prowl 69% 1d100: [49] = 49 -70% modifier to items or people trying to detect see patron item boots of erasure.


human/dragon/superhero form active/ Invisible


Moving over to the door with the sound, he positions himself to rush the door. "Not trying to say you can't handle the job Edison, but there is a durability difference between the two of us as well as visibility, give me just a head start encase this is a trap allowing me to give you a heads-up. Not unlike a bomb squad or robot breaching a room or bomb. Use me to the team advantage is all."

IF he agrees's the dragon man will open the door and use his speed to rush in.

"This is the Omegas, drop to the ground, lay flat and place your hands behind your heads, failure to do so will result in force, if you attack, then deadly force will be used appropriately."

Regardless though if they try and fight/kill or resist, lenok will first use his knock-out venomed claws to subdue them peacefully, and once out he will then use his metal matter expulsion to bind their hands and feet together

Parry Bonus: +11 +14
Dodge Bonus: +11 +17
Auto Dodge Bonus: +5 +15
Armor rating:(Last-first) Invulnerable :Natural 13 sdc 371/ 2nd Omega suit 17 sdc 250

1: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 damage 6d6+44: [3, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5]+44 = 68 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [5]+2 = 7 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 *Not trying to kill*

2: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 damage 6d6+44: [3, 3, 5, 4, 2, 2]+44 = 63 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [5]+2 = 7 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 *Not trying to kill*

3: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 damage 6d6+44: [2, 6, 1, 2, 5, 3]+44 = 63 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 *Not trying to kill*

4: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 damage 6d6+44: [1, 1, 3, 6, 5, 2]+44 = 62 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 *Not trying to kill*

5: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 damage 6d6+44: [4, 3, 1, 1, 2, 2]+44 = 57 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 *Not trying to kill*

6: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 damage 6d6+44: [5, 4, 6, 1, 2, 2]+44 = 64 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [3]+2 = 5 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 *Not trying to kill*

7: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 damage 6d6+44: [3, 2, 2, 5, 2, 2]+44 = 60 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 *Not trying to kill*

8: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 damage 6d6+44: [1, 2, 1, 4, 4, 4]+44 = 60 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 *Not trying to kill*

9: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 damage 6d6+44: [1, 4, 5, 1, 5, 1]+44 = 61 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [3]+2 = 5 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 *Not trying to kill*

10: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 damage 6d6+44: [1, 5, 6, 3, 2, 4]+44 = 65 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 *Not trying to kill*

11: Venomous claw strike 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 damage 6d6+44: [3, 5, 1, 4, 2, 6]+44 = 65 Paralytic Poison: save 16 1d4 + damage paralyzed for 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3 melee rounds/ Pull punch 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 *Not trying to kill*


Parry Rolls (1. 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16 (2. 1d20+14: [19]+14 = 33 (3. 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 (4. 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 (5. 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16 (6. 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16 (7. 1d20+14: [13]+14 = 27 (8. 1d20+14: [8]+14 = 22 (9. 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 (10. 1d20+14: [3]+14 = 17 (11. 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32

Dodge rolls: (1. 1d20+17: [2]+17 = 19 (2. 1d20+17: [3]+17 = 20 (3. 1d20+17: [17]+17 = 34 (4. 1d20+17: [1]+17 = 18 (5. 1d20+17: [13]+17 = 30 6. 1d20+17: [17]+17 = 34 (7. 1d20+17: [8]+17 = 25 (8. 1d20+17: [15]+17 = 32 (9. 1d20+17: [4]+17 = 21 (10. 1d20+17: [11]+17 = 28 (11. 1d20+17: [2]+17 = 19

Auto-Dodge rolls: (1. 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 (2. 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 (3. 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 (4. 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 (5. 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 6. 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 (7. 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 (8. 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 (9. 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 (10. 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 (11. 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23



Lenok will give a shout "Looks like the place is empty of suspects" and then will go directly to looking for concealment, and turn off the radio, after making sure the radio itself isn't a trap by checking for any conceal items coming from it like wires. "If you have any bomb or trap detection, might be a good time to use it"

Detect Concealment 59% 1d100: [16] = 16

Lenok
Description
Normal Human Description: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. (when not in Omega suit) Appears to be in peak physical condition. Picture available on character sheet.

Dragon form Appearance: 30 ft long in 15' tall, Weight: 8,000 lbs. Violet Serpentine winged dragon, wearing some sort of Uniform (Omega suit) / Horror factor: 17, Picture available on character sheet.
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [93] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [26] = 26

Conditions:
- Force field pool: 1,300/3,900 SDC at the start of this post
- 14 Force Field Walls (13' wide x 10' tall): 100/100 SDC; 27 minutes remaining
- Giant energy hands: 300/300 SDC each; 54 minutes remaining
equal to SN PS 25; 75' reach

- Force field armor: 300/300 SDC; 27 minutes remaining
Character loses one attack per melee and is -2 on initiative for every melee round that it is in place.

- Bruno the ursine diva & real star of the show: 300/300 SDC; 54 minutes remaining
Size: 9' (2.7m)
A.R.: 6
Attacks per Melee: 3
Damage: Claws -- 2d6+10 SDC; bite -- 2d4+4 SDC; bear hug -- 2d6+4 per melee round
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 60' (18.3m); prowl 30%; track by smell 68%, swim 70%, climb trees 30%
Speed: 22 (15 mph/24 km), but maximum speed is 44 (30 mph/48 km), which can be maintained for 2d4 minutes.

Lenok wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:18 am" I am quite certain this is a trap, there should be punks all over this place, but it's nearly empty. If this isn't a trap, my ass isn't scaley."
"I'd rather not have to verify that, so I'll just take your word for it..." Barricade says with a smirk. "But I'm with you -- the complete lack of gangbangers is souring my normally sunny disposition."
Edison wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:33 pmWhen Edison moves into the room he looks around. "Interesting. I wonder if they have a server farm down here as well, given how cold they're keeping it."

"I don't see a reason why we shouldn't move through. True that locked door is a outlier, but it doesn't matter which door we go through, someone may always be behind us. Lets run a stack and see what's on the other side."
Barricade comes up behind Lenok to inspect the computer running the fabrication machine. "Now this is interesting..." he mutters. "Here we were thinking they were either stealing the tech or someone was outfitting them with it, but if they're actually fabricating their own then that puts things in a whole new light. Can you tell what it's working on?" Could this place be part of Fabricators, Inc? It'd make sense if it was.
Lenok wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:37 pm"Not trying to say you can't handle the job Edison, but there is a durability difference between the two of us as well as visibility, give me just a head start encase this is a trap allowing me to give you a heads-up. Not unlike a bomb squad or robot breaching a room or bomb. Use me to the team advantage is all."
"Before you start playing wrecking ball, don't you think we should first check to see if the door's rigged to blow or trigger an alarm? Because, y'know, TRAP..." Barricade raises a finger (no, not THAT finger) as he begins to inspect the door and its framing, as well as looking around the room to discern the placement of any video cameras/sensors nearby.

Checking it Out
Checking for anything that would indicate a tripwire, alarm, sensor, that sort of thing...
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100<95: [71*] = 1
Basic Electronics -- 1d100<95: [62*] = 1
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100<75: [92] = 0
TV/Video -- 1d100<90: [27*] = 1
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Blackhaunt »

Act III: Clampdown
Streets of Zericho
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2043
Time: 12:46-12:49 pm
Weather:
  • Outside: Warm, lightly cloudy day (68 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Air conditioned, crisp (55 degrees)
Lenok takes a close look at the parts coming out of the fabrication machine. At the moment, it seems to be creating small 4 pronged fan blades, ½" in diameter. There are 7 in the bin and it is laser cutting another at the moment.

Edison sees the same but also takes a look at the computer sitting open on the desktop. A quick click or two show a model for a jet propulsion boot. Probably the very same you saw on the kid you captured. And drugged. And used as a bomb shield. A look at the other two laptops show schematics for some sort of subvocal mic and something that fires pucks.

Barricade takes a look at the next door, checking it for traps before the group decides to head through. There are no traps to be found.

Lenok takes the lead with Edison up next and Barricade and Bruno in the rear. Bursting though the door, Lenok rushes forward and seeing a man sitting in a chair in front of a computer, yells out
Lenok wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:37 pm"This is the Omegas, drop to the ground, lay flat and place your hands behind your heads, failure to do so will result in force, if you attack, then deadly force will be used appropriately."
The chair falls over backwards and the man screaming over the incredibly loud music just repeats "Oh shit! Oh fuck! Fuck! Shit! Oh shit fuck!" He's wearing a Hawaiian shirt over a plain white T-Shirt and a pair of green cargo shorts. His brown hair is in a ponytail and he smells vaguely of cigar smoke.

Lenok notices on the computer screen in front of him is an email.
CityNet Terminal wrote: Message Waiting:

Subject:
Distribution
From: inthemaze@xo9adnd83ad.dark
To: theunfilledvoid@dfnaq6dsajln22.dark, syracuse2041@led3cma8dmdn1.dark, savage@18dnjkadn8afonwqccq4a.dark, lonewolf@da8lqpvj1dqmq0.dark

Body wrote:
Production is not up to par. All four of you are responsible for manufacturing AND your other piece of this. Everyone is expendable. Do not fail me.

Savage, your facilities have been most accommodating for storage.

Lacuna, transport is mostly without issue (deal with Cyan and Indigo before I have to).

Lonewolf, your designs have been falling behind those of Archimedes. You were brought on as an equal. Do your part or be dropped back off at Gramercy.

Archimedes, your testing of our gear proceeds as planned. Keep the gangs under control. Small ops only. And no murder. Not yet.

Image
|Delete|Move

Image


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
User avatar
Edison
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am

Re: Barricade and the Bravo Boys (Edison and Lenok)

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [61] = 61
Conditions: None.
Clothes (Cargo Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Work boots)
Armor: Edison Mk I AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Omega Suit size=85](Worn Under Armor)[/size] AR: 17; S.D.C.: 250/250
Weapons: Twin Le'Matt Revolvers Ammo: 9/9/9/9
AR-15 w/ Master Key Ammo: 20/20 or 7/7 Shotgun Shells.


Analyze and Operate Devices 1d100: [65] = 65 /95% (What are they working on?)
Electrical Engineer 1d100: [39] = 39 /72% (What are they working on?)
Mechanical Engineer 1d100: [4] = 4 /62% (What are they working on?)
Weapons Engineer 1d100: [12] = 12 /60% (What are they working on?)
Robot Mechanics 1d100: [6] = 6 /58% (What are they working on?)
Robot Electronics 1d100: [35] = 35 /65% (What are they working on?)
Computer Operation 1d100: [78] = 78 /80% (What are they working on?)
Computer Programming 1d100: [10] = 10 /70% (What are they working on?)


Edison moves forward and dissuades the the man from moving further by pointing his rifle into his face. "Roll face down and put your hands behind your back." Edison says, his voice cold and full of threat. (Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [17] = 17 /30%) if/when the man does as commanded, Edison will kneel down and secure his hands with a pair of handcuffs. "How many of you are down here?" Edison asks gruffly. Edison will do a quick frisk of the man, tossing anything found away from him to look at later.

Edison gets up and begins to look around. Just what have we stumbled upon? Edsion thinks as he considers the next steps. We need to completely clear the building, and pull the hard drives, that should keep them from being wiped remotely. Edison thinks. "We've definitely stepped into something bigger than we thought. Edison sub-vocalizes over the radio.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
Post Reply

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”