The Lazlo Ploy

The GIRLS of Merctown, Ready for Hire!
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Lazlo: Saturday, October 112PA, 1:00pm
Environmental Conditions: 11*C (51*F); partially cloudy but mostly clear.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Lazlo Nexus nearby
Post

Susan and Minerva

For those that sleep, the night goes soundly and the GIRLS wake up the following morning without worry. Susan finds herself with a nasty headache with her being especially sensitive towards sound and light. Reka has been sitting in a corner, his back to the wall and his hands clasped on the device as he sits. Minerva remains with Reka and Susan while the remaining GIRLS set out on their tasks. Phinneas and Arvid head out towards the magic sector on a quest of bonding and limb replacement while Amber seeks out a Techno-Wizard.

Phinneas and Arvid

Phinneas and Arvid enjoy a jovial conversation where the Crazy does his best to not embarrass himself and Mr B in front of the Odinson. The Lazlo Market is quite active as the pair travel, though Arvid's stature and prowess not only help provide a wake, but also draw some eyes. Phinneas touts his own capabilities being able to survive the adventure with only one arm, a truly crazy feat. Intending to locate a means to heal Phinneas, the pair come across two major paths, mystical or technological. Both available in Lazlo, but with Arvid's connection to the deific and Phinneas' new awe at the Odinson, they start with magic.

Eventually the pair find themselves in front of a magical healing location, and the pair walk in and are greeted by a pair of robed receptionists. "Welcome to T-Li's Esoterica, what can we do?" One of them asks, notably looking at Phinneas. When they disclose the problem they want help with, the pair look between them and nod. "Unfortunately, all our healers would require the lost limb to effect magical restoration." The mystics advise, leaving Phinneas temporarily dismayed since the arm was left behind.

Instead the pair pour down the tech avenue together and run into a cyberdoc's hospital and inside, find a woman who appears to be heavily modified. The doc names herself as Nina Kraviz with a Russian accent as she lays out her price. "Velkome to Krrraviz' Emporrrium. You vant to rrreplace arrrm? Base rrreplacement vill kost you 25k, plus 5k forrr vorrrk. If you vant it durrrable enough to hold machine gun, add fourrr zerrros. 250K. Ve deal?" She asks.

Amber and Tessa

Tessa's only been in Lazlo for about a week and struggling to find real work for a lone techno-wizard. Staying at the cheapest motel in the area, Tessa looks for work. Transport jobs exist, but that's not what she's in for. She's a creator, an inventor and adventurer; not a truck driver. Tessa spends her days in the Lazlo Job Market Cafe, having gotten to know the local Fixer as a man who goes by Dino. Dino's kept Tessa busy with odd jobs, but there hasn't been much in the way of crews needing a random Techno-Wizard, with hardly any clients looking to hire. Today was looking to be the same kind of day, at first.

Amber makes towards the Lazlo main mercenary hub to start. Not being a member of the mages guild in Lazlo, the local Fixer seems like the best bet. When Amber walks in, she spots several groups of mercenaries, a couple smaller groups and two loners. One loner is hiding in the back, hooded and appears quite unwelcoming. The other Amber strugglers to identify, a sort of cat-woman? In any case, she heads towards the bartender first, not able to identify the fixer immediately. The bartender nods towards Amber. "What's your poison, blue?" He asks, pausing before adding. "Looking for work, or to hire?" He then adds.

What are you doing?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas: Personal SDC recovered but permanently reduced by 6 points to account for lost arm.
Minerva:
Arvid:
Tessa:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Tessa Earhart
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:57 pm

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Tessa Earhart »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 /30% (+15% if it relates to magic or machines or a combination of both)
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [74] = 74

For lack of anything else to do, Tessa approaches the blue haired woman speaking to the bartender. Doing her best to keep her ears upright, rather then folded in embarrassment, Tessa clears her throat before saying, "Um, excuse me...miss? I don't mean to bother you, but I don't suppose you are hiring? Or maybe you know of anyone looking to hire a mechanic slash mage?".
S.D.C.: 50/50 (AR: 11)
M.D.C. T-13: 80/80
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 33/33
Ammo - TW Firebolt Pistol: 10/10
Ammo - C92 Pistol: 20/20
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [24] = 24 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [18] = 18

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [49] = 49
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [79] = 79
Lore: D-Bee 30% = 1d100: [68] = 68 (to ID Tessa’s race)
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [52] = 52
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [84] = 84 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [86] = 86 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Body Armor :
Main Body: Main Body - 80/80 at 100%
Integrated Atlantean Super-Heavy Force Field: 150/150 at 100%
Underguard wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:26 pm Amber makes towards the Lazlo main mercenary hub to start. Not being a member of the mages guild in Lazlo, the local Fixer seems like the best bet. When Amber walks in, she spots several groups of mercenaries, a couple smaller groups and two loners. One loner is hiding in the back, hooded and appears quite unwelcoming. The other Amber strugglers to identify, a sort of cat-woman? In any case, she heads towards the bartender first, not able to identify the fixer immediately. The bartender nods towards Amber. "What's your poison, blue?" He asks, pausing before adding. "Looking for work, or to hire?" He then adds.
Amber nods back at the bartender. “I’ll have a Green Tea. If you have it.” She replies. “I am looking to hire.” She says before the small cat-woman interrupts.
Tessa Earhart wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:48 pm For lack of anything else to do, Tessa approaches the blue haired woman speaking to the bartender. Doing her best to keep her ears upright, rather then folded in embarrassment, Tessa clears her throat before saying, "Um, excuse me...miss? I don't mean to bother you, but I don't suppose you are hiring? Or maybe you know of anyone looking to hire a mechanic slash mage?".
Amber looks down at the cat-woman. She seems to be a bit desperate. Doesn’t she. She gathers her drink up from the bartender and motions the cat-woman over to an empty table out of the way and sits down. “Give me a moment.” She pulls a small device out of her pocket and activates it (White Noise Generator - MercOps page 111). “This should help ensure our privacy from any unwanted listeners.” I don’t think that 'The Creator' will have ears here, but never can be sure. Plus, it will show the gravity of the job to this earnest young cat-woman.

She takes a sip of her tea. “I apologize if I seem brusk, but I am working on a timeline here. I need a TW. This job is a precise and specific task. I am looking for a magical self-destruct that will completely destroy the inner workings of a device. This self-destruct would be either on a timer or triggered when someone left the vicinity of the device or maybe when it was given to a certain individual. Whichever would be the safest to ensure it works. Is this something you can do? I do I need to look elsewhere?” She stares at the young cat-woman intently waiting for her answer.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Tessa Earhart
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:57 pm

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Tessa Earhart »

((rolls held over))
Amber Dach wrote:Amber looks down at the cat-woman. She seems to be a bit desperate. Doesn’t she. She gathers her drink up from the bartender and motions the cat-woman over to an empty table out of the way and sits down. “Give me a moment.” She pulls a small device out of her pocket and activates it (White Noise Generator - MercOps page 111). “This should help ensure our privacy from any unwanted listeners.” I don’t think that 'The Creator' will have ears here, but never can be sure. Plus, it will show the gravity of the job to this earnest young cat-woman.
Tessa ears right themselves and she nods, following the tall, blue haired, woman to a table. Tessa watches in curiosity as the woman then sets up a small device on the table. When Amber explains it's purpose Tessa raises an eyebrow, but makes no objection to the devices' presence.
Amber Dach wrote:She takes a sip of her tea. “I apologize if I seem brusk, but I am working on a timeline here. I need a TW. This job is a precise and specific task. I am looking for a magical self-destruct that will completely destroy the inner workings of a device. This self-destruct would be either on a timer or triggered when someone left the vicinity of the device or maybe when it was given to a certain individual. Whichever would be the safest to ensure it works. Is this something you can do? I do I need to look elsewhere?” She stares at the young cat-woman intently waiting for her answer.
"No need to apologize, I've been laid over here for a couple of weeks with little meaningful employment. So, any help you can provide, direct or otherwise, I greatly appreciate!". Tessa's ears swivel about a bit and her tail sways back and forth as she listens to Amber explain what it is she is needing. Once Amber finishes talking, Tessa rubs at her left eat for a moment, lost in thought as she thinks about the technical aspects of what Amber is talking about. She shakes her head back and forth and looks back at Amber, "Let me start of by saying we are both lucky. I happen to be a Techno-Wizard by trade. And you are looking for one. Generally speaking, I don't believe in luck, but I've never completely discounted it either.", she stops and leans forward on her elbows before going on, "But, I can't answer whether or not I can do what you need without more data. Simply put, I would need to get a look at the device you are talking about before I can even begin to make a educated assessment. You specified a 'magical self-destruct', is there a particular reason you used those words? I will say this; I have no training with explosives. But that doesn't mean we can't get the same results without conventional explosives. For instance, if the device in question is electronic in nature and you just need those electronics permanently neutralized, a magic variation of an E.M.P. might work instead of blowing it up. It also sounds like you are trying to save the outer 'shell' of said device? Or would it be easier to answer that question once I am in front of the device itself?".
S.D.C.: 50/50 (AR: 11)
M.D.C. T-13: 80/80
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 33/33
Ammo - TW Firebolt Pistol: 10/10
Ammo - C92 Pistol: 20/20
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 60% | 1d100: [48] = 48
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [35] = 35

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Magic? On me? Ugh!!

Phinneas shudders the the very thought and is relieved to know that isn't an option.

Heading out out of the Magic healer, he looks to Arvid. "Ya know, how about we stay out of those places? I really got the heebies in there"

As the pair walk on through the crowd, Phinneas continues the banter with Arvid. "So, my godly new friend, how long does it take to get to Asgard, was it? I'm quite intrigued with the wonderful foods you speak of. We should go there someday"

Trying to stay at Arvid's side as he part the crowd they are walking through, he continues "So what kind of cool godly stuff can you do? I got super senses and speed, and I can heal pretty quick. Like, do you fly around and punch mountains and stuff?"

When they reach Kraviz' Emporium, Phinneas listens as Nina Kraviz gives the prices for a replacement limb.

"Well, an arm that can't hold a machine-gun isn't really arm is it? But 250k?"

He looks to Arvid. "I don't have that on me right now, and I don't know anything about this stuff. I think I wanna talk to the Doc first if she's awake"

Looking at Nina, he says "Ve meybe deal zoon. I must zbeak vis my benefactor virst. Zank you"
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Medicare in Lazlo or Doc, Doc, Goose!

Perception: 47% 1d100: [46] = 46 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [62] = 62

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.

As Arvid walks through the crowded streets he is amazed at all the differences in the people. This is like being on one of the levels on Phase World.
receptionists. "Welcome to T-Li's Esoterica, what can we do?" One of them asks, notably looking at Phinneas. When they disclose the problem they want help with, the pair look between them and nod. "Unfortunately, all our healers would require the lost limb to effect magical restoration." The mystics advise, leaving Phinneas temporarily dismayed since the arm was left behind.
Arvid thinks, Well, there are different spells, these people seem to deal with the simple ones. Then speaks, “How long ago for the limb to be reattach?” he pauses, “With modern science, can one grow an arm.? Where might this be done?”

Phinneas is turned off with magic.
Heading out out of the Magic healer, he looks to Arvid. "Ya know, how about we stay out of those places? I really got the heebies in there"
Arvid is concerned at Phinneas not wanting magic and says, “Friend if you die, I might have a chance to save you. Is it ok, that in that emergency I can save your life?”
As the pair walk on through the crowd, Phinneas continues the banter with Arvid. "So, my godly new friend, how long does it take to get to Asgard, was it? I'm quite intrigued with the wonderful foods you speak of. We should go there someday"
Arvid thinks, “Well, before I found you on Phase World. I was on earth about to get hit with a volcanic eruption. The next second, I was in Asgard, talking to the goddess Freya. Where she told me to get ready to meet some new friends. Then, the next second, I’m next to you in Phase World.
Arvid continues, “Very rarely are outsiders allowed to visit. But if I get a chance, I’ll see if I can get you a tour my friend.”

Trying to stay at Arvid's side as he part the crowd they are walking through, he continues "So what kind of cool godly stuff can you do? I got super senses and speed, and I can heal pretty quick. Like, do you fly around and punch mountains and stuff?"
Arvid smiles, “Well I’m very strong, my father side of the family. I think over two tons. I do heal very fast naturally too, then I can always drain Electricity to heal more, thanks to the abilities of a Zapper that I have. But I have magic abilities of an Air Warlock except more power and spells. I resist psi and magic better than normal people.”

When they reach Kraviz' Emporium, Phinneas listens as Nina Kraviz gives the prices for a replacement limb.

Phinneas "Well, an arm that can't hold a machine-gun isn't really arm is it? But 250k?"

He looks to Arvid. "I don't have that on me right now, and I don't know anything about this stuff. I think I wanna talk to the Doc first if she's awake"

Looking at Nina, he says "Ve meybe deal zoon. I must zbeak vis my benefactor virst. Zank you"
Arvid looks at Nina Kraviz he wishes she might be able to do something and tries to speak German, “Gute Dame, ich weiß, dass Sie uns nicht kennen und ein Geschäft zu führen haben. Ich bin Arvid Hammerson, Sohn von Thor, Enkel von Odin von Asgard. Ich kann versuchen, alle beschädigten Cyber-Gliedmaßen zu reparieren und dafür die Arbeiten und die Ausrüstung meines Freundes Phinneas zu erhalten.“
OOC Comments
“Good lady, I know you don’t know us, and you have a business to run. I am Arvid Hammerson son of Thor, grandson of Odin of Asgard. I can try to repair any damaged Cyber limbs in trade for my friend Phinneas works and equipment.”
Charm 40% 1d100: [14] = 14
Trust25% 1d100: [87] = 87
German 82% 1d100: [23] = 23
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Tessa Earhart wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:52 pm "No need to apologize, I've been laid over here for a couple of weeks with little meaningful employment. So, any help you can provide, direct or otherwise, I greatly appreciate!". Tessa's ears swivel about a bit and her tail sways back and forth as she listens to Amber explain what it is she is needing. Once Amber finishes talking, Tessa rubs at her left eat for a moment, lost in thought as she thinks about the technical aspects of what Amber is talking about. She shakes her head back and forth and looks back at Amber, "Let me start of by saying we are both lucky. I happen to be a Techno-Wizard by trade. And you are looking for one. Generally speaking, I don't believe in luck, but I've never completely discounted it either.", she stops and leans forward on her elbows before going on, "But, I can't answer whether or not I can do what you need without more data. Simply put, I would need to get a look at the device you are talking about before I can even begin to make a educated assessment. You specified a 'magical self-destruct', is there a particular reason you used those words? I will say this; I have no training with explosives. But that doesn't mean we can't get the same results without conventional explosives. For instance, if the device in question is electronic in nature and you just need those electronics permanently neutralized, a magic variation of an E.M.P. might work instead of blowing it up. It also sounds like you are trying to save the outer 'shell' of said device? Or would it be easier to answer that question once I am in front of the device itself?"
Amber nods thoughtfully. “Listen. I know you want more details, and I can appreciate you wanting to get a look at the device. But. Any knowledge of the inner workings of this device and you are in danger. This isn’t me being cagey or mysterious. People have died for even knowing this device exists.” She lets that sentence hang in the air for a few seconds before continuing. “I know. I’m just enticing your curiosity. That isn’t my aim. Just that you understand the gravity of the situation.” Well. That was unintended. A curiosity killed the cat analogy to a cat-woman. Hope she isn’t offended by it.

Ambers eyes the cat-woman as she says. “I can do even better than access to the device. I have the designer and they can answer any questions you may have on the make up of the device. They also know all the key points that will absolutely need to be destroyed and what isn’t a big deal if it survives.”

She tilts her head to the side. “I can answer a few of your questions. Yes. Magical self-destruct was used for a reason. First of all deniability. You don’t need to know the details, but we need to be able to say someone else planted the device. No conventional explosives as they may be detected, that is why we want something magical instead. It should be harder to detect a small gemstone with a little bit of magical energy in it.”

She shakes her head. “We don’t want an EMP type device because although the electronics would be overloaded and non-functioning, the electronics would still be there. Which may be able to be reverse engineered.”

She shrugs. “As for the shell. I don’t care about the box. This is more about not causing any collateral damage from the blast. We are trying not to make any more enemies than we may already be making.”

She continues. “Payment can be negotiated. And if you need to purchase specific spells to accomplish this, funding can be arranged. Otherwise. I need you to make a decision now, so I can find someone else to do what we need to be done.” She says with an air of finality to it.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [43] = 43


CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan looks between Minerva and Reka. "Well, if we weren't being sought I would invite you both to visit..."

My family home...

"... a bar where we could get drunk and exchange war stories. As it is, I suppose it's safest for us to remain in this hotel room, particularly Mr. Ola."

She pauses and covers her eyes. "My head is killing me. Minerva, what was it you suggested trying to fix this yesterday?"

If Minerva can't suggest anything, Susan will apply some low grade painkillers to herself and put her helmet on to block the light.

"Since we have to lay low, Mr. Ola, perhaps you can tell us what you know about the entity named Eight and the research done on it? Or what, exactly, your device is since it seems to incorporate elements of magic in its operation. Or anything that may be of use in hiding your continued living existence or leveraged against our collective former employer."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Tessa Earhart
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:57 pm

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Tessa Earhart »

((rolls held over))
Amber Dach wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:13 pm (Rolls held over)
Tessa Earhart wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:52 pm "No need to apologize, I've been laid over here for a couple of weeks with little meaningful employment. So, any help you can provide, direct or otherwise, I greatly appreciate!". Tessa's ears swivel about a bit and her tail sways back and forth as she listens to Amber explain what it is she is needing. Once Amber finishes talking, Tessa rubs at her left eat for a moment, lost in thought as she thinks about the technical aspects of what Amber is talking about. She shakes her head back and forth and looks back at Amber, "Let me start of by saying we are both lucky. I happen to be a Techno-Wizard by trade. And you are looking for one. Generally speaking, I don't believe in luck, but I've never completely discounted it either.", she stops and leans forward on her elbows before going on, "But, I can't answer whether or not I can do what you need without more data. Simply put, I would need to get a look at the device you are talking about before I can even begin to make a educated assessment. You specified a 'magical self-destruct', is there a particular reason you used those words? I will say this; I have no training with explosives. But that doesn't mean we can't get the same results without conventional explosives. For instance, if the device in question is electronic in nature and you just need those electronics permanently neutralized, a magic variation of an E.M.P. might work instead of blowing it up. It also sounds like you are trying to save the outer 'shell' of said device? Or would it be easier to answer that question once I am in front of the device itself?"
Amber nods thoughtfully. “Listen. I know you want more details, and I can appreciate you wanting to get a look at the device. But. Any knowledge of the inner workings of this device and you are in danger. This isn’t me being cagey or mysterious. People have died for even knowing this device exists.” She lets that sentence hang in the air for a few seconds before continuing. “I know. I’m just enticing your curiosity. That isn’t my aim. Just that you understand the gravity of the situation.” Well. That was unintended. A curiosity killed the cat analogy to a cat-woman. Hope she isn’t offended by it.

Ambers eyes the cat-woman as she says. “I can do even better than access to the device. I have the designer and they can answer any questions you may have on the make up of the device. They also know all the key points that will absolutely need to be destroyed and what isn’t a big deal if it survives.”

She tilts her head to the side. “I can answer a few of your questions. Yes. Magical self-destruct was used for a reason. First of all deniability. You don’t need to know the details, but we need to be able to say someone else planted the device. No conventional explosives as they may be detected, that is why we want something magical instead. It should be harder to detect a small gemstone with a little bit of magical energy in it.”

She shakes her head. “We don’t want an EMP type device because although the electronics would be overloaded and non-functioning, the electronics would still be there. Which may be able to be reverse engineered.”

She shrugs. “As for the shell. I don’t care about the box. This is more about not causing any collateral damage from the blast. We are trying not to make any more enemies than we may already be making.”

She continues. “Payment can be negotiated. And if you need to purchase specific spells to accomplish this, funding can be arranged. Otherwise. I need you to make a decision now, so I can find someone else to do what we need to be done.” She says with an air of finality to it.
Satisfied with the information she already has and not wanting to waste any time at this point, Tessa nods to Amber as she stands up, "Well, no sense in sitting around here. It sounds like this is pretty urgent, so let's go see what's what and I can talk to the designer about any other details I might need.". Tessa patiently waits for Amber to lead the way at this point.
S.D.C.: 50/50 (AR: 11)
M.D.C. T-13: 80/80
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 33/33
Ammo - TW Firebolt Pistol: 10/10
Ammo - C92 Pistol: 20/20
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Tessa Earhart wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:07 pm Satisfied with the information she already has and not wanting to waste any time at this point, Tessa nods to Amber as she stands up, "Well, no sense in sitting around here. It sounds like this is pretty urgent, so let's go see what's what and I can talk to the designer about any other details I might need.". Tessa patiently waits for Amber to lead the way at this point.
Amber sips on her Green Tea. For all my rushing around trying to get things organized, I now have to slow down a tiny bit. We can't have any mistakes because we are rushing things too fast. "I appreciate your enthusiasm on getting started, but slow down a second. We need to get a few things sorted first. I'm Amber. And you are?" She waits for her reply before following up with another question. "I'll need a rough estimate for this job before we go any further either." Only a complete rube agrees to anything with out a price. "We can talk on the way if you like." She says as she finishes her tea and turns off the White Noise Generator and pockets it again.

Amber will take her on a round about way back to the No-Tell Hotel. Not taking Tessa any where close to the hotel until they have some kind of agreement in place. If she is questioned on the round about manner to get there, Amber will play dumb and say it is her first time in Lazlo and she got turned around.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [80] = 80

"Yes, the being sought after part makes that difficult." Minerva looks up from a copy of Little House on the Xiticix Colony that she picked up in the hotel lobby. What will the Ingrams think of next... "I like a bar as much as the next merc. I've met quite a few people of interest there. But for now, we sit. And wait. Which is very boring, no? "
Susan Lee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:07 pm She pauses and covers her eyes. "My head is killing me. Minerva, what was it you suggested trying to fix this yesterday?"
"Sit still, this cures most things." Minerva places her hand on Susan's and sends
Touch of Health
☞ Effect: Subject regains 1D6x10 S.D.C. or M.D.C., any non-magical diseases, infection and fractures (but not missing limbs) are cured. +30% vs Coma
☞ Range: Touch (will work through body armor, but not power armor or vehicle)
☞ Cost: 15 I.S.P.
through her. "Give that a minute and tell me how you feel." Minerva reads another few sentences of her book in the meantime, learning more about the fictional lives of a farming family in Minnesota and their dealings with the Xiticix, and also school and boys.
If the Touch of Health wasn't helpful, Minerva will follow up with

Range: Immediate proximity, touch or within 3 feet.
Duration: 9 hours (+1 hour/level)
Length of Trance: Two minutes (8 melee rounds).
I.S.P.: 4
The ability to deaden pain can be used as a painkiller which temporarily negates existing pain or as an anesthetic to be used for surgery.
to remove the symptoms entirely.

"I have trained my mind for combat and infiltration mostly. Healing is an opportunity for growth I have. Perhaps I will learn from you, Doctor. I hope this has helped."

She turns her attention to Ola Reka. "Reka, do you need anything to pass the time? I could get a book to read for you, or maybe see what holovids they have available? That looks most boring. Maybe they have a board game in the lobby."
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Lazlo: Saturday, October 112PA, 1:45pm
Environmental Conditions: 11*C (51*F); partially cloudy but mostly clear.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Lazlo Nexus nearby
Post

The Cafe

The feline techno-wizard wastes no time in scoping out an opportunity with the blue haired psychic. No sooner does Amber answer the Bartenders question than does the agile Tessa appear ready to heed the call of work. Amber notices that one of the two merc groups has a head or two look her way at the mention of work, though Tessa's introduction draws her eye. The bartender himself stifles a laugh and just moves on after providing the beverages. Amber and Tessa able to get a booth and ensuring it's privacy. Then, it's to business.

The two begin to talk shop, Tessa beginning to display that despite being desperate, she has the knowledge of a techno-wizard. Amber remains steadfast in not divulging too much until Tessa signs on and becomes legitimately invested in the project. Tessa and Amber reach an accord and then set out to the No-Tell Motel. Amber notices that the first group of mercs she noticed has left the Cafe by the time she and Tessa settle and head out.

The Kraviz Emporium

Phinneas and Arvid continue a fruitful bonding session, though Phinneas is most displeased with his options. When Arvid addresses Nina in a German, Phinneas struggles to follow along and only picks up on words like Odinson. And it seems Nina faces a similar struggle as her eyes squint and her nose scrunches as she looks between you both. "What he saying?" She contests, blinking in confusion. "Handsome man. I not rrun charrity. I rrun business. Come back with money orr not." She answers flatly.

The pair decide to return to the No-Tell Motel and discuss the plan with Susan and the others before submitting to a random cyber-doc. With that, the pair head back and walk the streets. Arvid and Phinneas both note that, thankfully, the two of them seem to be just another pair of transients. The pair arrive at the Motel about 30 minutes after Amber returns with Tessa, and both Phinneas and Arvid notice that the No-Tell Motel has a couple more occupants loitering than it did the night before.

The No-Tell Motel

After Minerva helps ease some of Susan's suffering, then turns to Reka to try helping him. Susan decides to probe Reka for some information, anything the alien is willing to share to help it's own living. Reka seems to recognize this intent, and talks. "Eight; Such a human name. Eight was the last number of the weapons serial number. Eight iterations; I worked on the first four before escaping." Reka explains. "Despite appearances, it was never a friend. The Verto Series of Advanced Infiltration Units, on record were programmable assassin robots. Their primary function was to kill a target, take it's form and identity to then kill another target and have the blame reside on the first. This purpose evolved with different iterations. We were incorporating evolving science to make this series not only take an identity and form, but also it's abilities and powers. A true mimicry." Reka continues explaining to Susan. "Further, the later prototypes were designed to build resistances. A single attack would work once, if it didn't kill the weapon, the weapon would adapt and become eventually immune." Reka finishes his explanation of Eight, then looking at the device.

"Ah, well, our former employer made a discovery that helped us unlock portions of Dominator Tech. If you don't know what that is, don't worry about it. Better you don't know. But that is where this device's origin comes from." Reka states simply.

Before Reka can go any further however, Amber arrives with Tessa, and a few minutes later Phinneas and Arvid come knocking as well.

What are you doing?
GM Note: Back in the Motel

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas: Personal SDC recovered but permanently reduced by 6 points to account for lost arm.
Minerva:
Arvid:
Tessa:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [59] = 59 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [91] = 91

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [10] = 10
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [45] = 45
Undercover Ops: 35% = 1d100: [16] = 16 (to keep a low profile while staking out the lobby)
Find Contraband: 47% = 1d100: [91] = 91 (looking for signs of illegal activity)
Streetwise 51% = 1d100: [35] = 35 (looking for signs of illegal activity)
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [59] = 59
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [97] = 97 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [57] = 57 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Body Armor :
Main Body: 80/80 at 100%
Atlantean Super-Heavy Force Field: 150/150 at 100%
Underguard wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:50 pm The Cafe
The feline techno-wizard wastes no time in scoping out an opportunity with the blue haired psychic. No sooner does Amber answer the Bartenders question than does the agile Tessa appear ready to heed the call of work. Amber notices that one of the two merc groups has a head or two look her way at the mention of work, though Tessa's introduction draws her eye. The bartender himself stifles a laugh and just moves on after providing the beverages. Amber and Tessa able to get a booth and ensuring it's privacy. Then, it's to business.

The two begin to talk shop, Tessa beginning to display that despite being desperate, she has the knowledge of a techno-wizard. Amber remains steadfast in not divulging too much until Tessa signs on and becomes legitimately invested in the project. Tessa and Amber reach an accord and then set out to the No-Tell Motel. Amber notices that the first group of mercs she noticed has left the Cafe by the time she and Tessa settle and head out.
When Amber enters the room, she will introduce Tessa to the group. “Everyone. This is Tessa. Tessa. Everyone. She’s a TW that thinks she can fix our little problem for us. I’ll leave you guys to figure this out. As quickly as possible. We need to get what we need. Then get out of here and find someplace to do the work that is as safe from prying eyes. There are too many people around here for my liking until this is done.”

She has a small crinkle of concern in her eyes. I hope Reka doesn't freak out and lose his mind with what I'm about to say next, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't trust the gut feelings I get. “Not to alarm anyone, but there were some Mercs at the local Fixer place that looked a little too interested. I was very circumspect and didn’t mention anything specific about that Thing.” She says as she points at the device Reka is holding. "I don't know if they are up to anything other than looking for work since I said I was looking to hire. But they also may be down on their luck mercs looking to make a quick cred and are poking around looking to see if we have anything worth taking. So, stay alert.”

She looks around the room. “Now that we have our TW, we need to hire a shifter or a rifter that can take Reka where he wants to go. Anyone want to take care of that? I want to poke around and see if I can ID any of the mercs I saw from the Fixer’s.”

Once a plan of action is decided, Amber will head down to the lobby. She looks for a place where she can observe the comings and goings as she tries to blend in and identify anyone she saw in the Fixer’s. She tries to see what is going on and get a feel for the clientele of the establishment.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 60% | 1d100: [90] = 90
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [100] = 100

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Phinneas looks at Arvid as he speaks something foreign to the Russian cyber doc. When she asks him what Arvid is saying, he simply looks at her and shrugs. As they leave Kravitz, Phinneas is glad to see that both he and Arvid just blend in with the crowd.

Sure is nice to be off the clock for a minute....

When they get to the motel, the extra people hanging around it gets his attention but doesn't immediately raise any flags. "Looks like this is the place to be. It's getting kinda busy since last nite"

Getting back to the room, he comments on the newly crowded motel "Is there a party somewhere? Lots of new people here since last nite. Maybe we can have a little fun before moving on"

Noticing that Susan is awake and moving, he asks her "Hey Doc. We stopped at a cyber place while we were out. I don't know much about it but it seemed a little pricey" He will then tell her about the trip to Kravitz and ask her opinion on it.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Back at the Ritz, For the Cockroaches
Image


Perception: 47% 1d100: [50] = 50 25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [39] = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [12] = 12

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.
Phinneas and Arvid continue a fruitful bonding session, though Phinneas is most displeased with his options. When Arvid addresses Nina in a German, Phinneas struggles to follow along and only picks up on words like Odinson. And it seems Nina faces a similar struggle as her eyes squint and her nose scrunches as she looks between you both. "What he saying?" She contests, blinking in confusion. "Handsome man. I not rrun charrity. I rrun business. Come back with money orr not." She answers flatly.
Avid nods to the lady trying his best not to show signs of being embarrassed. He speaks once outside, “Well I certainly did not handle that well Phinneas. On a good note, she did think I was handsome. What do you think Phinneas, do I have a chance with her?” he laughs “I guess she doesn’t go for the Nerd types.”
The pair decide to return to the No-Tell Motel and discuss the plan with Susan and the others before submitting to a random cyber-doc. With that, the pair head back and walk the streets. Arvid and Phinneas both note that, thankfully, the two of them seem to be just another pair of transients. The pair arrive at the Motel about 30 minutes after Amber returns with Tessa, and both Phinneas and Arvid notice that the No-Tell Motel has a couple more occupants loitering than it did the night before.
Arvid arrives at the No Tell Motel, he notices more people and he leans over and whispers to Phinneas, “This place must have a great reputation. Look at all the people standing around. I bet only the best Cockroaches stay at this place. Very high Class. Why don’t you go to the room I’m going to stay here and have a look.”

Arvid starts using his ability to detect electrical devices and he is looking for weapons and other devices on the people and in the room like video cameras listening devices.

Sense Electricity:
OOC Comments
The psychic can sense or feel electricity and pinpoint its exact location as well as the approximate amount of electricity at the source (tiny, small, big). Range: 140 feet. Duration: Two minutes of extreme sensitivity so he can pinpoint every source of electricity in the area. LS.P. Cost: Two.
If he does discover anything unusual, Arvid is wondering what to do about these two-legged cockroaches.
Well, draining the machines might be an easy thing to do, some of these people might be with the government here. I wonder if any are trying to read my mind? If you are, I value my friends and my privacy very much. I’m thinking of sending some of my friends to follow you. Now if you want to talk just leave a message for me with the front desk and we will avoid any Miscommunication Problems! My name Is Arvid. Thank You! Please leave the front desk personnel a good tip they deserve it.

After he finishes his thoughts, he looks around the room slowly as his eyes start glowing a bright blue, he heads to his room.

He enters the room with someone new in there, and he says, “The Motel has a cockroach problem, the two-legged type.
I hope my friend Phinneas has informed you of our endeavor to get an arm. Do Excuse me, I need to get out of my armor it seems to have drawn a lot of attention.”

To the new person, “Oh, forgive me my name is Arvid.”

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles (yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20 ish looking, real age about 100.

Arvid steps into his room and out of the armor and into his Flight Suit. He returns minutes later.
He also searches the area for any bugs videos using Sense Electricity: see above. He will inform the others and then neutralize them by draining or zapping them.

“So, what is the plan? I can send one of my friends down to the lobby area and outside to check on the lobby and around the motel. I can act as a decoy too.”
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [98] = 98 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [1] = 1

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

"Thank you, Minerva. Whatever you did feels much better."

Susan just stares at Reka Ola, completely drained. "Understood. Eight's magical technology is stolen from even more magical technology. It sounds as if we might be able to transform this into some kind of symbiotic entity rather than a parasite, but to even perform that experiment..."

Would require farther-sighted people.

"Would require a means of testing to confirm that Liquid Eight hadn't compromised the host."

Amber Dach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:25 pm When Amber enters the room, she will introduce Tessa to the group. “Everyone. This is Tessa. Tessa. Everyone. She’s a TW that thinks she can fix our little problem for us. I’ll leave you guys to figure this out. As quickly as possible. We need to get what we need. Then get out of here and find someplace to do the work that is as safe from prying eyes. There are too many people around here for my liking until this is done.”

She has a small crinkle of concern in her eyes. I hope Reka doesn't freak out and lose his mind with what I'm about to say next, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't trust the gut feelings I get. “Not to alarm anyone, but there were some Mercs at the local Fixer place that looked a little too interested. I was very circumspect and didn’t mention anything specific about that Thing.” She says as she points at the device Reka is holding. "I don't know if they are up to anything other than looking for work since I said I was looking to hire. But they also may be down on their luck mercs looking to make a quick cred and are poking around looking to see if we have anything worth taking. So, stay alert.”

She looks around the room. “Now that we have our TW, we need to hire a shifter or a rifter that can take Reka where he wants to go. Anyone want to take care of that? I want to poke around and see if I can ID any of the mercs I saw from the Fixer’s.”
Susan waves at Tessa. I suppose it was a mistake to send any of our established members that Eight saw out of the hotel.

She notes, "Now that we have a techno-wizard, we could all go to another dimension until we're ready to turn over the payload. Also, are we not going to try to fake Mr. Ola's death? Finally, I assume we will need his expertise to insert the finished device in the... device."

Susan adds, "Either way, it sounds like we should consider moving again, although I am not well-traveled enough to suggest where. Arvid keeps talking about some realm of the gods he's from. Perhaps there."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Tessa Earhart
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:57 pm

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Tessa Earhart »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll]/30% (+15% if it relates to magic or machines or a combination of both)
JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll];[roll]1d100[/roll]
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:42 pmAmber sips on her Green Tea. For all my rushing around trying to get things organized, I now have to slow down a tiny bit. We can't have any mistakes because we are rushing things too fast. "I appreciate your enthusiasm on getting started, but slow down a second. We need to get a few things sorted first. I'm Amber. And you are?" She waits for her reply before following up with another question. "I'll need a rough estimate for this job before we go any further either." Only a complete rube agrees to anything with out a price. "We can talk on the way if you like." She says as she finishes her tea and turns off the White Noise Generator and pockets it again.
Tessa, her mind having wandered for a moment, shakes her head to clear it. Her ears flick several times as she focuses on Amber once again, "Good to meet you Amber, I'm Tessa. I really can't give you an estimate on this project until I know more...a LOT more. I care less about money and more about the work itself. I'm an engineer first, what can I say.", Tessa smiles then looks confused when Amber suddenly rushes them out the door. Not wanting to argue with the blue haired woman...who is now her current employer, prospectively, Tessa grabs her things and follows Amber.
Amber Dach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:25 pmWhen Amber enters the room, she will introduce Tessa to the group. “Everyone. This is Tessa. Tessa. Everyone. She’s a TW that thinks she can fix our little problem for us. I’ll leave you guys to figure this out. As quickly as possible. We need to get what we need. Then get out of here and find someplace to do the work that is as safe from prying eyes. There are too many people around here for my liking until this is done.”

She has a small crinkle of concern in her eyes. I hope Reka doesn't freak out and lose his mind with what I'm about to say next, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't trust the gut feelings I get. “Not to alarm anyone, but there were some Mercs at the local Fixer place that looked a little too interested. I was very circumspect and didn’t mention anything specific about that Thing.” She says as she points at the device Reka is holding. "I don't know if they are up to anything other than looking for work since I said I was looking to hire. But they also may be down on their luck mercs looking to make a quick cred and are poking around looking to see if we have anything worth taking. So, stay alert.”

She looks around the room. “Now that we have our TW, we need to hire a shifter or a rifter that can take Reka where he wants to go. Anyone want to take care of that? I want to poke around and see if I can ID any of the mercs I saw from the Fixer’s.”

Once a plan of action is decided, Amber will head down to the lobby. She looks for a place where she can observe the comings and goings as she tries to blend in and identify anyone she saw in the Fixer’s. She tries to see what is going on and get a feel for the clientele of the establishment.
Tessa looks around at the room full of people, her tail swaying gently, and she nods to those present. Hearing Amber bring up these other mercs, Tessa begins to understand why they made a hasty exit from Fixers. Once Amber is done with her speech, Tessa turns to her and asks, "Ok, so where is the...device and it's designer? The sooner I can talk to him, the quicker we can get things moving.".
S.D.C.: 50/50 (AR: 11)
M.D.C. T-13: 80/80
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 33/33
Ammo - TW Firebolt Pistol: 10/10
Ammo - C92 Pistol: 20/20
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [48] = 48 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [94] = 94

  • SDC: 207/207
  • HP: 130/130
  • ISP: 287/426


  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms:
    • L: 40/40
    • R: 40/40
  • Legs:
    • L: 50/50
    • R: 50/50
  • Main Body: 86/90
  • N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 160/160 (OFF)

  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.

  • Damage: 5D6 M.D.C. per melee

  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 10 Shot (E-Clip)

  • Range: 1 mile
  • Damage: 6D6 M.D.
  • Payload: 2 missiles

  • Robotic P.S. of 25
  • +4 P.P.
  • +20 Speed
  • +10' to leaps
  • +10% to Climbing
  • Reduce Fatigue by 75%
  • -10% to Physical Skills
  • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
  • +3 Initiative
  • +2 to Parry
  • +2 to Dodge
  • +5 to Roll w/ Impact
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Restrained Punch: 6D6
  • Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.


"Dominator. We do not have those where I am from. I have heard they are popular in Germany?" Minerva looks at Reka for some confirmation of her Earth trivia, but the realizes that he might not know Earth stuff very well. "Apologies, I ask the wrong person." The door opens and Amber walks in with a newcomer. "Perfect, Amber they have Dominators in Germany, no? With the little hats? Reka says this is their technology but that seems a bit... off brand."

She shakes Tessa's hand and says "Magic and technology all reside in your head. Fascinating."

Amber mentions the mercs that may have been tailing the group and Minerva nods. Getting out of the bed she's been reading in, she heads straight for her armor and begins suiting up.
Well, that's enough sitting around said the universe.


If Arvid does bring up sensing any bugs, Minerva will stop talking but continue getting ready for combat of some sort.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Lazlo: Saturday, October 112PA, 2:00pm
Environmental Conditions: 11*C (51*F); partially cloudy but mostly clear.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Lazlo Nexus nearby
Post
Susan, Arvid, Minerva, Phinneas, Tessa

Arvid remaining in the lobby as he scouts it while the remaining GIRLS talk. He triggers his electrical sense and pings various devices around the area. The Motel itself only seems to have running power, no security or camera system to speak of. Inside the lobby, Arvid can count around half a dozen loiters that seem to be minding their own business. Some of them have cybernetics and other devices, it's hard to tell specifically. He doesn't notice anyone respond to his mental threat and decides to return up to Room 204 with the others.

True to Amber's belief, the mention of local mercenaries taking a specific interest in the group's blue-haired leader does set Reka into a scuffle as he clutches the device. Arvid shows up and leans against the door around this time. After some introductions for Tessa, Amber heads downstairs to scope out the lobby while Phinneas talks with Susan. Susan makes a good mental note after Amber's report and then begins brainstorming ways to get Reka Ola's death faked or the team out of there while Minerva begins shadowing Tessa as she and Reka begin talking.

"You, techno-wizard, I'm it's designer. Reka Ola." Reka introduces himself to Tessa. Tessa notices that Reka doesn't actually appear to have a mouth, the lightly-blue skinned alien with large black eyes speaking normally though. (Didn't roll your dice) "Understanding the device isn't required, it's beyond you, no offense. However, what we want to do is sabotage it in such a way that is unnoticable until after it's delivered. The group suggested magic; which might work. I know very little of magic or technowizardry. Tell me, is there a spell idea you might have?" Reka asks. [Please roll Techno-Wizardy Construction and Lore, Magic to augment Tessa's idea; this will need to be rolled again during construction.]

[Downstairs]
Amber and John

Amber leaves Room 204 and begins skulking around the hotel, slowly making her way back towards the lobby while listening. She notices that the rooms are truly soundproof or empty, because even standing against a door allows her to hear nothing on the other side. Amber enters the lobby and counts three people loitering, one of them is sitting on an old mattress in a corner, the other is shaking and mumbling in a corner. The third is sitting on the stairwell, seemingly minding his own business, however Amber does recognize the third loiter as one of few who's been around the lobby all day. For his part, this is the third time today that John has seen the blue haired beauty. First this morning, then she returned with the cat girl, and now again. The Black Marketeer recognizes the movement of trepidation in her stride; He's seen it enough to know they need help out of a bad situation.

What are you doing?
GM Note: The group only has one room at the moment, but it has two beds, a bathroom, kitchenette, tv, fairly large closet and changing divider. It is very run-down, and it's likely all rooms are near equivalents. You can get another room if you want to confirm that in your next post. They run 50/cr a night.
Tessa: It doesn't need to be a spell on your list if the group can pay for a scroll or shifter


Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas: Personal SDC recovered but permanently reduced by 6 points to account for lost arm.
Minerva:
Arvid:
Tessa:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

Perception 19%: 1d100: [59] = 59
JIC d20: 1d20: [15] = 15
JIC d100: 1d100: [87] = 87
Skills
Wardrobe and Grooming (Professional Quality) 74%: 1d100: [45] = 45
Appraise Goods 69%: 1d100: [99] = 99
Detect Ambush 39%: 1d100: [15] = 15
Episode 2: John Does Lazlo

John has not been feeling his main character energy in quite some time. Ever since the half-naked mercenaries* kicked John out of their really hot looking party in MercTown. Someone in need is both an opportunity to be the center of attention John believes his life is destined for**.

The Black Marketeer in John had already clocked the nearly half million credits of gear she's displaying.

Jane's imaginary voice in the back of John's head has a critical appraisal. Poor little thing doesn't know how to carry herself. All that hardware and no style. If you're going to try playing hero, brother, work on that, would you. John takes that as a third reason to decide to acknowledge he's seen the woman before with a right and proper Texan hat touch-nod that isn't quite tipping a hat.

Yes, sister, but what makes her nervous packing so much hardware in Lazlo? Even the merc district is tame compared to literally every other pit stop. The internal dialog fades as Amber approaches conversational range.

John glances around to appraise ambush locations and suspicious characters, as well as who is in earshot.

"Miss." John addresses Amber.


*The Spook Squad.
**John halfway thinks he's in the Truman show, basically.
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [83] = 83 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [89] = 89

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [15] = 15
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [22] = 22
Undercover Ops: 35% = 1d100: [3] = 3 (to keep a low profile while staking out the lobby)
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [89] = 89
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [51] = 51 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Body Armor :
Main Body: 80/80 at 100%
Atlantean Super-Heavy Force Field: 150/150 at 100%
Calamity John wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 pm "Miss." John addresses Amber.
Amber looks around the lobby as she sits there. Maybe my gut instinct was wrong about those mercs I saw. Oh well. I'll stay here a little while longer and see if anything comes up. I should see if they have figured anything out with the device.

She is about to give up her stakeout of the lobby when a scrawny young man approaches her after giving some looks around. Amber gives the man an appraising look as he approaches her. “Yes?” She replies in a standoffish manner. “May I help you?” What do you want ἔφηβοι? Can’t you see I don’t want company.


Young man
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Back at the Ritz, For the Cockroaches
Perception: 47% 1d100: [8] = 8 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [2] = 2
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [59] = 59

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.

In the Room
Arvid looks around wondering what to say or do, he finally breaks the silence, “Is there anywhere else here on Midgard, Earth, that we can locate any of these Shifters. This place should surely have one. Just tell me where to go find one.”

“I know off world, the United World of Warlocks, Along with Asgard, should have some. I’m sure my grandfather, knows the spell you need or can locate a Shifter.”
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

Amber Dach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 pm “Yes?” She replies in a standoffish manner. “May I help you?”
John keeps his voice low enough to not actively attract attention. "That's what I was going to ask. I've been hanging out here all day waiting on someone to buy my pre-rifts scrap. And you've been in and out twice before now. The last time and now, your body language practically screamed nervous wreck. Now, that in and of itself is odd, but for a nice safe town like Lazlo, you are awful loaded for bear to be so nervous. I'm guessing you had a specific issue."

John pauses here for effect.

If Amber doesn't fill the silence in about 8 seconds, John offers his hand. "My name is John Claymore. I'm a traveling huckster."

Maybe she doesn't need my help after all, sister. John thinks to himself, somewhat caught off guard by the woman's short tone. What brother? Girl bosses exist. This one thinks you're wasting her time.
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 60% | 1d100: [84] = 84
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [77] = 77

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Phin's inquiry to Susan about the cyber doc at Kravitz seems to go unanswered as the group continues to probe Reka for information about the device.

Stupid alien and his stupid device. Thinks he's sooooo much better because he still has both of his stupid arms

Now Phin, you KNOW this is important and needs to be dealt with quickly. You have been outperforming anyone's expectations with only one arm

That very well may be Mr B, but that doesn't make him any less stupid

Why don't we go get some fresh air buddy? Let's clear our heads and let them figure out the situation. I'm sure there will be plenty of time for Susan to check you out later

Phinneas gets up and leaves the room. He leaves most of his gear there, save for his vibro axe which is slung over his shoulder. As he finds his way down to the lobby, he sees Amber sitting at a table and a stranger with her. He makes his way over to her "Amber! Great to see you again! How is everything?"
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Calamity John wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:08 pm John keeps his voice low enough to not actively attract attention. "That's what I was going to ask. I've been hanging out here all day waiting on someone to buy my pre-rifts scrap. And you've been in and out twice before now. The last time and now, your body language practically screamed nervous wreck. Now, that in and of itself is odd, but for a nice safe town like Lazlo, you are awful loaded for bear to be so nervous. I'm guessing you had a specific issue."

John pauses here for effect.

If Amber doesn't fill the silence in about 8 seconds, John offers his hand. "My name is John Claymore. I'm a travelling huckster."
Amber tilts her head, sizing John up a little more. A bit audacious this ἔφηβοι, isn’t he. But that is to be expected from a huckster. Always trying to sell you something. “Well, John Claymore. I really don’t see how it is any of your business whether I have been in and out of here a thousand times.” She stares back at him. “As for my gear. I’m a merc.” She shrugs. “What can I say. I’m more comfortable in my gear than out of it.”

She continues. “And who doesn’t have issues? Is that why you are here? To fix the pretty girl’s issues for her?” She bats her eyes like a damsel in distress from the latest holos. She is about to say more when Phinneas appears.
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:12 pm Phinneas gets up and leaves the room. He leaves most of his gear there, save for his vibro axe which is slung over his shoulder. As he finds his way down to the lobby, he sees Amber sitting at a table and a stranger with her. He makes his way over to her "Amber! Great to see you again! How is everything?"
Amber is happy to have the distraction as the Crazy approaches. Ah, this should be interesting. Never know what Phinneas is going to do or say next. Plus, I need to chill out a bit. This isn't me. I'm usually not this paranoid. I think I need to get a bit of sleep. “Hey Phin. Meet my new acquaintance, John Claymore. And I don’t know how everything is at the moment. I’m either being sold some pre-rifts scrap or potentially being rescued by this young gentleman. I’m not sure yet.” She gives the young man a small wink to know she isn’t being a complete ass to him. She lets Phinneas talk to John for a while she figures out what to do next.

She looks at John. You know, maybe this kid could help us out with some components or whatever they decide they need upstairs. But first I'm going to try to get a read on this kid. (Activates Telepathy ISP: 4) “You been in town long, John? Sorry if I was rude earlier. My trust meter is a bit low right now. It has been a little... stressful lately." She gives him a small smile. "If you know your way around here and how to find things, we might be able to use your services. If you are not too busy. Don’t ask what I need yet, because I don’t know. What do you say? Want to make a few creds?”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

(Rolls Carried Over)

"Um well...." John lapses into a southern drawl. "Ma momma, rest her soul, wouldn't think kindly of me not tryin'." And I'd hear it in my head from my imaginary sister for weeks at least. The mental response is a raspberry.

Unexpectedly and likely contrary to the expected reaction, John clearly relaxes his tense body when a CRAZY with visible tin cans appears. Oh look brother, she won't think us odd at all. He's gonna steal my limelight sister, no two ways about it, but you have a point. John waves his fingers at Phinneas in a classic 'toodle-wave' motion.
If you need to know
"I've been here a few weeks. My normal stomping ground is between Juarez and MercTown. But this damn 'Coca-Cola machine' has me chasing ghosts. Everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who swears this is worth a Glitter Boy or a Sword of Atlantis or whatever they got me on today. I swear it's my white whale." You can tell John is genuinely frustrated about the vending machine. "But I've been in most every establishment in town by now, so I might be able to help you." John takes another look around, pointedly. "As long as whatever has you jumping at shadows isn't going to be my problem, it might not even be expensive."
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

(Rolls held)

"John.....Claymore is it? Well, I think me and you are gonna be best of friends! Anybody that's named after one of my most favorite party starters, or party enders for that matter, can't be too bad"

Phinneas gets in a little closer and begins the introduction. "I am Phinneas Graves. This is my esteemed traveling partner and renowned adventurer Mr. Boom Boom" He holds the grenade up so that John can see the painted on face. "We made our way to MercTown a little while back and then some guy without a mouth offered us a job. He was a......Jacuzzi if I remember right? Anyway, then we got on this pod and launched away........"

Phinneas then regales John with his story of how he came to meet Amber and the G.I.R.L.S., including his epic battlefield air guitar, in a very enthusiastic and animated fashion. He keeps important details of the current situation a secret, but has fun with the rest. If John seems to move away at all, Phinneas will continue with him and get a little more uncomfortably close any time John tries to put distance between them.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

(Rolls Held)

Without missing a beat (hopefully), John also gives the grenade a toodle wave on introduction. Oh yes. Definitely another with main character energy.
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Calamity John wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:24 pm "Um well...." John lapses into a southern drawl. "Ma momma, rest her soul, wouldn't think kindly of me not tryin'." And I'd hear it in my head from my imaginary sister for weeks at least. The mental response is a raspberry.
Amber nods in appreciation for his attempt to assist her. "Your momma would be proud, I think. I appreciate the attempt. If the world had more people that helped each other, things would be better all around I think." She lets Phinneas take over the conversation when he approaches as she thinks for a while about their issues.

Phinneas_Graves wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:30 am Phinneas gets in a little closer and begins the introduction. "I am Phinneas Graves. This is my esteemed travelling partner and renowned adventurer Mr. Boom Boom" He holds the grenade up so that John can see the painted on face. "We made our way to MercTown a little while back and then some guy without a mouth offered us a job. He was a......Jacuzzi if I remember right? Anyway, then we got on this pod and launched away........"

Phinneas then regales John with his story of how he came to meet Amber and the G.I.R.L.S., including his epic battlefield air guitar, in a very enthusiastic and animated fashion. He keeps important details of the current situation a secret, but has fun with the rest. If John seems to move away at all, Phinneas will continue with him and get a little more uncomfortably close any time John tries to put distance between them.
Amber stifles a laugh at Phinneas' colourful description of their employer. A Jacuzzi? Hmm. He must mean Naruni. At least it rhymes. Unless he is talking about Eight. He could have had a washing machine setting to go with his assassination setting. She will nod along as Phin tells his story and only thinks of interrupting if he comes close to divulging anything about the device in particular or about Reka's or the 'Creators' origins.
Calamity John wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:24 pm "I've been here a few weeks. My normal stomping ground is between Juarez and MercTown. But this damn 'Coca-Cola machine' has me chasing ghosts. Everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who swears this is worth a Glitter Boy or a Sword of Atlantis or whatever they got me on today. I swear it's my white whale." You can tell John is genuinely frustrated about the vending machine. "But I've been in most every establishment in town by now, so I might be able to help you." John takes another look around, pointedly. "As long as whatever has you jumping at shadows isn't going to be my problem, it might not even be expensive."
She nods in sympathy to his predicament. "If I hear of anyone wanting this 'Coca-Cola machine' I'll give you a heads up. I would appreciate you doing the same if anyone has any interest in our business here." She nods in Phinneas' direction. Amber sighs. "I wish I could promise you no trouble coming from assisting us. But, I can't. I would be dishonest of me. This whole situation we are in has been one problem after another. And I would be appreciative of some assistance but don't want to cause you any trouble either." With a lot of it coming from me having a moral compass.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [13] = 13 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [49] = 49

  • SDC: 207/207
  • HP: 130/130
  • ISP: 287/426


  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms:
    • L: 40/40
    • R: 40/40
  • Legs:
    • L: 50/50
    • R: 50/50
  • Main Body: 86/90
  • N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 160/160 (OFF)

  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.

  • Damage: 5D6 M.D.C. per melee

  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 10 Shot (E-Clip)

  • Range: 1 mile
  • Damage: 6D6 M.D.
  • Payload: 2 missiles

  • Robotic P.S. of 25
  • +4 P.P.
  • +20 Speed
  • +10' to leaps
  • +10% to Climbing
  • Reduce Fatigue by 75%
  • -10% to Physical Skills
  • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
  • +3 Initiative
  • +2 to Parry
  • +2 to Dodge
  • +5 to Roll w/ Impact
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Restrained Punch: 6D6
  • Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.


Suited up, Minerva takes a position in the room leaning against the wall but facing the front door. "Better prepared than dead, no?" She watches as Tessa and Reka have their back and forth about the device and how to best destroy it.

To Arvid, she replies "I am certain there are shifters on this planet. This city is one of magical excellence, there is likely one available close by. We'll wait for our leader to return before we make any more moves. I don't want to get us too spread out. Especially if there are other mercs looking for a paycheck at our expense."
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

(Rolls Held)

John doesn't really know how to respond to a story about being hired by a bathtub. The air guitar bit was nice, John might try that someday. As long as he doesn't blow US up, brother. "So you all are from MercTown too? Neat."

John talks brass tacks with Amber. "Look. You don't even have a list. You get that together- the most I'll charge is cost plus 10 unless I'm just getting milk from the corner store. Then, I charge by the hour. Hazard pay is extra, but that's if it comes up."

John's crazy. John's convinced he's the main character of a TV show, he has internal dialog with an imaginary sister, and he killed his dad to avenge his mother. John really does think he can help, he's not trying to rip anyone off.
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Calamity John wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:02 pm John doesn't really know how to respond to a story about being hired by a bathtub. The air guitar bit was nice, John might try that someday. As long as he doesn't blow US up, brother. "So you all are from MercTown too? Neat."

John talks brass tacks with Amber. "Look. You don't even have a list. You get that together- the most I'll charge is cost plus 10 unless I'm just getting milk from the corner store. Then, I charge by the hour. Hazard pay is extra, but that's if it comes up."
Amber nods. "Yes, we are most recently from MercTown. That's where we hang our hats when we aren't out on a job. We do tend to get around a bit though." By the Gods. We really do get around. We've been to Manoa, off world to Habitat V-23 and Phase World and now to Lazlo all in the past few months.

Amber switches to business mode when John does the same. "That seems fair, but just to be clear. That ten means ten percent, right?" I don't want to agree to anything without knowing the exact terms. That's kind of how we got here in the first place. He seems to be young but a bit of hustler. Seems trustworthy though. Once she gets confirmation of the terms of the deal, she says. "I'll go see where we are at with that list. You going to be hanging around here for a while, John? And I hope there is no need for danger pay too." She adds before she leaves the table.

As she walks back to the room, she tries to look about surreptitiously at the other occupants of the room to see if anyone is interested in her leaving.

Once she enters the hotel room, she will ask everyone. "So, where are we at? What do we need? I have a contact that knows his way around here and hopefully will be able to get what we need."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [20] = 20

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan puts on her armor and gets her other carrying gear situated, motioning to Tessa to hurry up and tell Mr. Ola what she thinks she can insert in The Device.

To Phinneas, she says, "What this 'doctor' quoted to you sounds extremely overpriced. A pair of additional limbs costs 250,000 credits and a single one but 130,000 (RUE pg. 51). However, I would take one of the following courses of action if I were to lose an arm: 1. Purchase the cheapest bio-system replacement to tide me over until I can get a magic spell to regrow the arm, while using strength-powered armor like the one I currently use to make up for the carrying problems. 2. Purchase a cyberhumanoid bionic limb that will look like my current arm and still allow me to be in armor, while knowing that it will interfere with my/your psychic abilities."

She sighs and adds, "And in the second instance I would ask my colleague, Susan, to use her connections to get me a discount on the limb, but only after we had figured out the current situation since Susan reaching out to her normal contacts could be a direct path to an early grave."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

Amber Dach wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:09 pm "That seems fair, but just to be clear. That ten means ten percent, right?"
John nods and smiles at Amber's question. "Its a pretty standard fee for not trading in my own inventory or assets." Obviously, we double our money normally, brother. You didn't even try for cost plus fifteen.

John gives the lady his room number in case he's not actually in the lobby for the first time today.
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

(Rolls held)

With Amber and John's conversation seemingly over and the two parting ways, Phinneas finds himself without any company in the lobby of the inn.

I'm bored. This is boring

"What do you think Mr B? Wanna go outside and look around?"

That might not be a good idea Phin

"Why not? We're in Lazlo. What could possibly happen here?"

What if the group leaves while we're gone? Don't you think we should let them know?

"They still have to figure out what we're actually going to do. I don't think we're leaving THAT fast. We won't go far. And besides, I could use a new shirt. This one has seen better days. AND, i dont remember anyone saying we couldnt go out."

".........and I'm a little hungry"

Well........I guess. As long as we're not gone too long

"That's the spirit! Let's go see what we can find"

Phinneas makes his way out the door of the inn and once again takes in the sights of Lazlo. If he finds a clothing store or a food vendor, he will stop in and see what they have.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Lazlo: Saturday, October 112PA, 2:30pm
Environmental Conditions: 11*C (51*F); partially cloudy but mostly clear.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Lazlo Nexus nearby
Post
Susan, Arvid, Minerva, Phinneas

Tessa studies the object with Reka as Arvid lays out his own ideas. Tessa looks back and nods. "You need a summoner too? You can find one around town at the local mage chapter. Not a true collegiate like in Merctown, but large enough." Tessa answers, turning back to the device. Arvid notices the device Tessa and Reka are working on has several power fluctuations while they work. Like it's shorting and restarting. Arvid and Minerva both hear Reka mumble something in an alien language before Tessa shakes her head. "You wanna help?" which earns another grumble.

Susan discusses the idea of arm replacement and the cost. Though the cyberdoc has never done this type of surgery herself, Susan feels like it's overpriced and might be able to accomplish it at a much less price with the right resources. (What I quoted was decided by committee of GMs, it's negotiable, but will be a standard for MDC Arm replacement capable of carrying heavy loads -- Susan can do the surgery HERSELF for much cheaper, though, with the right resources, clean room and skill rolls.) Phinneas grumbles and heads down to the lobby to check on Amber.

[Downstairs]
Phinneas and John

John and Amber talk briefly, Amber potentially finding a way out of town under the wire. Though, Amber can barely fight her paranoia, just how far could this Naruni's reach be, are they still in the net or not? John's room is 307, a corner room in the building on the top floor, near the side-access ladder. Up and over from 204 where the GIRLS are staying. Phinneas soon joins the pair in the lobby, John quickly gauges if this new one is a threat and recognizes Phinneas as Amber's teammate almost immediately based on his demeanor.

After John and Amber exchange brief rates for a contract haul before Amber returns to the room to seek an update. This leaves Phinneas and John in the lobby as Phinneas begins talking to himself and his grenade, something about food? Phinneas steps out of the lobby's front door and immediately catches a wiff of something delicious not far away, though Phinneas isn't exactly sure where. It's really close, maybe a street vendor? Do you go try to find this food vendor?

John glances back at the staircase towards the direction of his room, and then towards the front door where the crazy had just left. Where does John go?

[Back Upstairs]
Amber, Susan, Arvid, Minerva

A few more minutes of Tessa and Reka grumbling to themselves as everyone except Arvid not notice Amber enter. Her first words makes Tessa jump where she's sitting slightly before looking to Amber. "I require a single carat of a specific gemstone, but I believe we can make this work. Red Zicron. Then Reka and I will need a couple of days, I think. Undisturbed." Tessa says. "What it will do is essentially cause the device to overheat and then explode when it's next used." Tessa explains in layman's terms for the non-magic.


What are you doing?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [7] = 7 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [17] = 17
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [91] = 91

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.
Tessa studies the object with Reka as Arvid lays out his own ideas. Tessa looks back and nods. "You need a summoner too? You can find one around town at the local mage chapter. Not a true collegiate like in Merctown, but large enough." Tessa answers, turning back to the device. Arvid notices the device Tessa and Reka are working on has several power fluctuations while they work. Like it's shorting and restarting. Arvid and Minerva both hear Reka mumble something in an alien language before Tessa shakes her head. "You wanna help?" which earns another grumble.
Arvid looks around before speaking, ”That is something I can do, look around and bring forth some candidates for Summoner and Shifter, from the local chapter. I find it more comforting being out in the open instead of coupled up in a room, maybe we all can go for a walk, I hate this idea that we divide our forces. We would be easier to be pick off.”

Arvid looks at the Device and sees the concerns on their faces then mentions, “My Father, Thor, on my 50th birthday gave me a device that fixes anything.”

He takes off his backpack and pulls out the device, Universal Energy to Matter Converter. Then he continues, “Father, seem to indicate that we usually break quite a few things along our adventuring ways. This would help us in not paying for everything we break.”

As Arvid continues, “Now I don’t know if you, Tessa or Reka have seen a device such as this. But Father said it is quite rare. He holds it open for all to see. He continues to say, “If you like, I can demonstrate it for you? “Do you have any device that is broken? Now a warning I don't know if it would work on a TW device. So we would have to do it before it became such a device.”

Arvid will use the device on the broken Item.
Susan discusses the idea of arm replacement and the cost. Though the cyberdoc has never done this type of surgery herself, Susan feels like it's overpriced and might be able to accomplish it at a much less price with the right resources. (What I quoted was decided by committee of GMs, it's negotiable, but will be a standard for MDC Arm replacement capable of carrying heavy loads -- Susan can do the surgery HERSELF for much cheaper, though, with the right resources, clean room and skill rolls.) Phinneas grumbles and heads down to the lobby to check on Amber.
Arvid responds to Susan, “Susan this device would also repair a broken cyber arm. I believe so if we can find one at a lower price this could fix it and then you would just have to replace it. That is why I was asking for a broken one at the other place.”
Tessa jump where she's sitting slightly before looking to Amber. "I require a single carat of a specific gemstone, but I believe we can make this work. Red Zicron. Then Reka and I will need a couple of days, I think. Undisturbed." Tessa says. "What it will do is essentially cause the device to overheat and then explode when it's next used." Tessa explains in layman's terms for the non-magic.
Arvid lifts an eyebrow and says, "I believe that would be very bad."
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 60% | 1d100: [22] = 22
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [35] = 35

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

As Phinneas makes his way outside, he is greeted by a most wonderful scent.

I have died and must be in Heaven....

Hahaha, you are most certainly not dead Phin, just hungry. Even I will admit that it does smell very good

"Well Mr B, it seems that we should make our way to it"

Agreed. Who knows when we will be in Lazlo again. Might as well stuff yourself silly while we're here

With that, Phinneas begins to make his way through the streets towards the origin of the scent.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
Right Arm amputated
M.D.C. N-F40A: 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo - NG-R50: 192/183
Ammo - NG-ML6: 6/4
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

Perception: 19% (24% spotting a deal) | 1d100: 1d100: [35] = 35
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: 1d100: [39] = 39
Possibly applicable skills
Detect Ambush 39%: 1d100: [34] = 34 (Spotting Tails)
Recognize Weapon Quality 44%: 1d100: [95] = 95 (Sizing up people)
Charm/Impress 20%: 1d100: [29] = 29 (Sizing up people)
Trust/Intimidate 35%: 1d100: [67] = 67 (Sizing up people)
Appraise Goods 109%: 1d100: [64] = 64 (Sizing up people)
Wardrobe & Grooming (Professional Quality) 74%: 1d100: [53] = 53 (sizing up people)
John considers returning to his room. I don't think I am gonna sell that salvage sitting in my room.

John considers sticking around the lobby. Odds seem long you're gonna sell it here either, brother.

At no point does John have the curiousity level required to follow a one-armed Crazy carrying his grenade buddy.

The thought doesn't even enter the huckster's mind, but he is observing things to see if John can see if the Crazy has anyone follow him, or if someone follows Amber up the stairs. Yes, but here I can see anything happening.

John tries selling his Coca-Cola machine to everyone else in the lobby, and anyone who comes into the lobby and doesn't immediately head to check-in. Those will wait until the hotel gets it's credits first. While John's making his pitch, he's assessing them the same as he did Amber.
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 75% = 1d100: [13] = 13 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [76] = 76

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [14] = 14
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [55] = 55
Undercover Ops: 35% = 1d100: [95] = 95 (to notice if anyone is looking at her coming and going)
Find Contraband: 47% = 1d100: [63] = 63 (looking for illegal activity)
Streetwise 51% = 1d100: [86] = 86 (looking for illegal activity)
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Mind Block Auto-Defence
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 600' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1600’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 92% = 1d100: [16] = 16
o Track by Psychic Scent: 100% = 1d100: [45] = 45 (100% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 110% = 1d100: [98] = 98 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 3 days remaining.[/size]
Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.

NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Body Armor :
Main Body: 80/80 at 100%
Atlantean Super-Heavy Force Field: 150/150 at 100%
[Upstairs]
Underguard wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:06 pm Amber, Susan, Arvid, Minerva

A few more minutes of Tessa and Reka grumbling to themselves as everyone except Arvid not notice Amber enter. Her first words makes Tessa jump where she's sitting slightly before looking to Amber. "I require a single carat of a specific gemstone, but I believe we can make this work. Red Zicron. Then Reka and I will need a couple of days, I think. Undisturbed." Tessa says. "What it will do is essentially cause the device to overheat and then explode when it's next used." Tessa explains in layman's terms for the non-magic.
Amber perks up when Tessa speaks. “That’s it? A one single carat Red Zircon? That seems to simple. I’ll see if my contact can get me one.”

She follows that up with. “I should divvy up the creds that Reka gave us.” In case things go sideways and we have to run. She looks at the assembled group. “For those of you that are new to us. I should tell you how things work in regard to how we operate. We take 20% off the top that goes to the company to pay for repairs and such. Equal shares to everyone after that. You are responsible for all your equipment and maintenance of your gear is your responsibility. Any items we find during missions are to be sold and the proceeds distributed among the group members. If you want anything we find, you can buy it for half what it goes for on the open market.” She looks around. “Any questions about that?”

(OOC – Dividing the 5 million Black Market credits Reka gave us. 1 million to group fund. 1 million each to Minerva, Susan, Phinneas and Amber.)

She thinks for a second. This may be our last chance to resupply before confronting our ‘Boss’, might as well load up if we can. “My contact seems to think he can find anything we require. I’m going to see if he can get me some mini-missiles. With the new additions we probably need to get our comms sorted out again. I think Phinneas may need a new set of EBA too. Does anyone else need anything? E-Clips recharged? Give me a shopping list and I’ll see what he can come up with.”

She looks at Arvid. "Since you are new, I don't know how you are set up gear wise. I can float you a loan if you need to get anything before we head out."

Arvid Hammerson wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 am Arvid looks around before speaking, ”That is something I can do, look around and bring forth some candidates for Summoner and Shifter, from the local chapter. I find it more comforting being out in the open instead of coupled up in a room, maybe we all can go for a walk, I hate this idea that we divide our forces. We would be easier to be pick off.”
Amber nods in agreement with Arvid. “Yeah, it isn’t ideal splitting up. But, we need that Shifter.” She looks at Reka. “Are you paying for the Shifter’s services or us? If you are, give Arvid your budget and he will see who he can hire.”
Arvid Hammerson wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 am Arvid looks at the Device and sees the concerns on their faces then mentions, “My Father, Thor, on my 50th birthday gave me a device that fixes anything.”

He takes off his backpack and pulls out the device, Universal Energy to Matter Converter. Then he continues, “Father, seem to indicate that we usually break quite a few things along our adventuring ways. This would help us in not paying for everything we break.”

As Arvid continues, “Now I don’t know if you, Tessa or Reka have seen a device such as this. But Father said it is quite rare. He holds it open for all to see. He continues to say, “If you like, I can demonstrate it for you? “Do you have any device that is broken? Now a warning I don't know if it would work on a TW device. So we would have to do it before it became such a device.”

Arvid will use the device on the broken Item.
Amber listens with interest. That seems pretty cool. “I’d like to see it in operation. Eight beat up my PA a bit. Mind fixing up the damage? I’ve got extra E-Clips if you need them.” (NE-1A-TWPA Tech-Warrior is down 60 MDC.)

[Downstairs]
Once everyone comes up with a list of what they need, Amber will head back down to see John. “Hey John. I have a small shopping list for you. I need a one carat Red Zircon. The sooner you can get me the stone, the better.” She looks at John to ensure he knows that she is serious about the gem being the most urgent item to obtain. “The rest of my list would be great to have, but is a lower priority. I would like 6 Wilk's PRC-5 Secure Walkie-Talkies with the hands-free free options. I could also use 8 AP and 8 plasma mini-missiles too. The last piece is my lowest priority, but I if you can find some NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridges I would take a box. If you have some way I can reach you while you are out and about, I can let you know if I need anything else.”

(OOC - if anyone wants to add to the shopping list, let me know and I can pass it on IC.)

Amber’s Shopping List
Zircon (red) (2,000 credits per carat)
6 Wilk's PRC-5 Secure Walkie-Talkies with the hands-free free options (3200 credits each = 19,200 credits)
8 AP and 8 plasma mini-missiles. (2400 credits x 16 = 38,400)
NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridges I would take a box. (2600 credits for a box of 96).
Recharge 2 standard E-Clips = (500 credits to recharge/clip = 1000 credits)
Total = 63,200 credits

If John is able to find one.
Amaki TW Psi-Blade Cost: 30,000-60,000 credits, sometimes more. Rare even in South America.
Last edited by Amber Dach on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [98] = 98 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [70] = 70
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [69] = 69

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.
Amber
She looks at Arvid. "Since you are new, I don't know how you are set up gear wise. I can float you a loan if you need to get anything before we head out."
Arvid listens to Amber and responds, “That is very kind of you. But Northern Gun supplied me with some things before we left. I should have enough for food and drinks, If I don’t have to pay for Phinneas, that one is a black hole when it comes to food and drink. Still not up to the legendary Falstaf.” as he smiles at her.
Amber nods in agreement with Arvid. “Yeah, it isn’t ideal splitting up. But, we need that Shifter.” She looks at Reka. “Are you paying for the Shifter’s services or us? If you are, give Arvid your budget and he will see who he can hire.”
Arvid speaks, “I will see what I can do with what I have been given.” (Just need to know who I should seek Shifter, Summoner and TW Wizard then payment. This might be a good place for Arvid’s new Powerful Contact to show up)
Amber listens with interest. That seems pretty cool. “I’d like to see it in operation. Eight beat up my PA a bit. Mind fixing up the damage? I’ve got extra E-Clips if you need them.” (NE-1A-TWPA Tech-Warrior is down 60 MDC.)
Arvid smiles and quickly responds, “Of course.” He heads over to the suit of armor looks at it sees the dents. He aims the device at it and starts the Universal Energy to Matter Converter.
OOC Comments
• Range: 5' or by direct application
• Repair: The UEMC an restore the damage capacity (S.D.C. or M.D.C.) of an inanimate object lost by damage or decay by 10 points per charge used. Cannot restore more capacity than the item originally had. This can restore damage to body armor, make repairs to damaged vehicles, repair Mom's broken vase, and similar. Cannot restore a shattered item unless all the pieces are within a 5' radius.
• Regeneration: For every charge used, the UEMC can restore 5 H.P. or S.D.C. Cannot restore more capacity than the character originally had. Double the cost for M.D.C. regeneration.
• Duration: 1 charge per melee round max
• Payload: 10 charges per E-clip; can only use standard E-clips
• Weight: 2 lbs.
As Arvid is about to head out, “I shall head to this mage chapter. I should be safe alone. I am a bit intimidating just wearing street clothes. Besides I can bring forth a host of brothers to aid me when ever needed.” Arvid heads out to seek the ones he needs once he gets An Idea where to head.
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [58] = 58

CONDITIONS: See Invisible
Arvid Hammerson wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 am Arvid responds to Susan, “Susan this device would also repair a broken cyber arm. I believe so if we can find one at a lower price this could fix it and then you would just have to replace it. That is why I was asking for a broken one at the other place.”
Susan nods at Arvid. "That is a very good idea, however you would have needed to know both exactly what kind of bionic arm you required and been able to determine the capabilities of the damaged limb you found, as well as had a place to implant it afterwards. It would also be unlikely for a clinic to have broken items ready for sale, it would be more fruitful to peruse a specialized scrap yard."

She eyes the medieval-presenting juice case up and down, "Do you... know a lot about bionics?"

Just say no, space dumpster man.
Amber Dach wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:23 pm She thinks for a second. This may be our last chance to resupply before confronting our ‘Boss’, might as well load up if we can. “My contact seems to think he can find anything we require. I’m going to see if he can get me some mini-missiles. With the new additions we probably need to get our comms sorted out again. I think Phinneas may need a new set of EBA too. Does anyone else need anything? E-Clips recharged? Give me a shopping list and I’ll see what he can come up with.”
Susan thinks for a moment, then sighs. "Excellent point, Amber. I believe everything I have needs to be recharged, minus perhaps one eclip, but I do not wish to risk our lives on that. Considering our employer, I would also suggest some kind of technology-negating explosives or area devices. Perhaps a magical EMP grenade or similar."
Arvid Hammerson wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 am As Arvid is about to head out, “I shall head to this mage chapter. I should be safe alone. I am a bit intimidating just wearing street clothes. Besides I can bring forth a host of brothers to aid me when ever needed.” Arvid heads out to seek the ones he needs once he gets An Idea where to head.
As she sees Arvid preparing to leave, Susan moves to the door and says, in lowered tones, "I do not think Tessa is from here. There are a number of specialized magical schools and colleges in Lazlo. It is both much more magically-inclined and larger than any other still-extant society on the continent. You will need to find a directory, but there should be either a transportation service available off-dimension or find a Shifter-specific institution. Obviously a private transport would be best."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [84] = 84

Minerva nods and accepts the payment for the previous part of the mission. I wasn't even officially on the team during that time. This is a good leader indeed. I will have to learn more about this Amber and these GIRLS.

"Contact? Shopping list? I would like six new E-Clips please. And if he can find a Techno-Wizard Psi Blade, I will be most gracious. They are from where I am from and very rare."

Minerva continues to wait cautiously in belief that an attack could come at any moment from mercs out for a payday.

"Arvid, I could use a touch of that machine of yours. I've got a bit of a gouge in my armor."

Shopping List for John:
6x E-Clips (6,000 each = 36,000 total)
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.
Susan nods at Arvid. "That is a very good idea, however you would have needed to know both exactly what kind of bionic arm you required and been able to determine the capabilities of the damaged limb you found, as well as had a place to implant it afterwards. It would also be unlikely for a clinic to have broken items ready for sale, it would be more fruitful to peruse a specialized scrap yard."
She eyes the medieval-presenting juice case up and down, "Do you... know a lot about bionics?"
Arvid smiles and replies, “If you’re asking If I am a cyber doctor, the answer is no. If you’re asking what medical training I have? I am and have worked in the battlefield as a Paramedic taking care of injured and wounded warrior. From where I am from, we are not all Gods, there are humans and other beings. Concerning medical care they have many choices. From Magic, Physic, Herbs, Surgery and others that the Universe has to offer Including restoring the person’s limbs. My body can usually heal itself very quickly. And I do have a limited ability to bring the dead back to life."

"But you are the expert on bionics, and I would not do anything without your instructions on what to buy because there are many choices. All I was offering was another option for Phinneas and you."
Minerva

"Contact? Shopping list? I would like six new E-Clips please. And if he can find a Techno-Wizard Psi Blade, I will be most gracious. They are from where I am from and very rare."
"Arvid, I could use a touch of that machine of yours. I've got a bit of a gouge in my armor."
Arvid turns to her and speaks, “Yes, no problem.” He goes over and uses up the e-clips an places another clip in to finish the work.

After he is done with the repair he turns to Amber and says, “When out shopping you might as well get me a few extra clips, please. As I seem to be going thru mine rather quickly"
Susan
As she sees Arvid preparing to leave, Susan moves to the door and says, in lowered tones, "I do not think Tessa is from here. There are a number of specialized magical schools and colleges in Lazlo. It is both much more magically-inclined and larger than any other still-extant society on the continent. You will need to find a directory, but there should be either a transportation service available off-dimension or find a Shifter-specific institution. Obviously a private transport would be best."
Arvid smiles “Good advice Doctor, I’ll find a directory and check on both. Maybe go to the Warlocks since I am one of them and see who and what they recommend. Do you want to go with me? You seem to know more about how to interact on Midgard than I do. I could carry you on the Turbo-Board. Or we could fly slower using a spell. It’s very safe only 20 feet off the ground.”
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

(Rolls Held)

When presented with a list, John doesn't bother concealing the 'whew' whistle tone he makes. "Yeah okay. This is all possible but I don't have cash on hand to cover these kinds of purchases up front. I would say you should send someone with the 'power of the purse' to come along and spend the money because I wouldn't trust a huckster I just met with enough money to buy a condo in MercTown." John makes air quotes when he says the power of the purse.
"I mean, don't get me wrong I'm eager for the decent payday you've just offered me, and I prefer repeat business so I'm not likely to just run off on you. I'd offer my truck as collateral but I'm gonna need it for the crate of these," John points at the mini-missiles on the shopping list. "so....if you don't wanna send someone with me... I dunno do you wanna hold on to my Coca-Cola Machine? I'm sure it's worth more than that but it's not exactly easy to fence. Trust me, I know."

Six fucking grand for a day's driving around? And good business like you like it. We don't have to scam anyone. John rolls his eyes at the voice in his head.
If you treat them nice and take what they can spare, they come back with more next time, sister. We both know some people don't deserve that treatment, but this one doesn't strike me like that. And six grand is more than enough to keep us fed and increase inventory so we can head back toward home turf.
Sixty grand would be a lot more inventory, though.
Perish the thought, sister. They smell like actual working mercenaries. The shopping list checks that. That means military-grade salvage they are looking to unload for medical bills and beer money. Even at standard rates, these guys would take like a fifth its actual value.
You never have a problem being a memorable contact, brother. I'll give you that.
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Minerva wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 pm "Contact? Shopping list? I would like six new E-Clips please. And if he can find a Techno-Wizard Psi Blade, I will be most gracious. They are from where I am from and very rare."
Man, I’d love to get my hands on one of those Amaki blades too. Amber nods as she replies. “If he can find two of those blades, I’d love one too. I really hope he can handle all this in a timely manner.” She rubs he hand over her face. “Do you mind going with him and taking care of the payment? I need to give my mind a bit a rest. We can square up when you get back with whatever he can find for us.”

She gathers up the e-clips that everyone needs recharged in a bag and says to Minerva. “I’ll take you down and introduce you John.”
Calamity John wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:34 pm When presented with a list, John doesn't bother concealing the 'whew' whistle tone he makes. "Yeah okay. This is all possible but I don't have cash on hand to cover these kinds of purchases up front. I would say you should send someone with the 'power of the purse' to come along and spend the money because I wouldn't trust a huckster I just met with enough money to buy a condo in MercTown." John makes air quotes when he says the power of the purse.
"I mean, don't get me wrong I'm eager for the decent payday you've just offered me, and I prefer repeat business so I'm not likely to just run off on you. I'd offer my truck as collateral but I'm gonna need it for the crate of these," John points at the mini-missiles on the shopping list. "so....if you don't wanna send someone with me... I dunno do you wanna hold on to my Coca-Cola Machine? I'm sure it's worth more than that but it's not exactly easy to fence. Trust me, I know."
She heads downstairs and finds John in same area where she last saw him and hands him the complete shopping list. “Hey John. I understand what you are saying, but I also think you are and honest huckster as you say. This is Minerva and she will be going with you and will take care of the creds. Alright?”

Once the introductions are complete she heads back upstairs and takes off her body armour packing it up in her pack as she anticipates that she will be using the PA again when they leave here. She reloads her weapons and checks out her rifle to see if there is any reason that it has been jamming on her. (Field Armourer & Munitions Expert 70% = 1d100: [57] = 57 ) Once she is satisfied that she has everything is prepped and ready for a quick getaway if need be, she finds a place to meditate, rest and calm her mind. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 71/71
I.S.P.: 155/165
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 110/110
M.D.C. (on M.D.C. worlds): 168

NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle: 60/60 shots remaining (60-round drum)
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Minerva »

(Rolls held over)

"I don't mind at all. I've been sitting around far too much for my current liking. When I sit, I prefer it be with a good book, a glass of wine and some freshly cut flowers. Maximum relaxation. Anyway, let's have an introduction, no?"

Minerva follows Amber down to the lobby where she meets someone just about her height also armored up. Checks out. He looks like a 'contact'.
Amber Dach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 pm“This is Minerva and she will be going with you and will take care of the creds. Alright?”
"Hola Señor John. I am Minerva. You do the talking, I do the buying, no?" She extends her hand for a shake because that's what polite people do even if they are mercenaries for a living.

Whenever he is ready, Minerva will head out with John to find what they can on the shopping list.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Calamity John »

Skill Rolls
Spanish 69%: 1d100: [40] = 40
Wardrobe & Grooming 74%: 1d100: [71] = 71
Appraise Goods 109%: 1d100: [91] = 91
Recognize Weapon Quality 44%: 1d100: [29] = 29
John can't help but appraise Minerva and her gear as he is introduced. Spanish reminds the Texan of home. John smiles and shakes Minerva's hand when offered. "Si Senorita. That works for me."
Do not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex instead.

The oddest Merchant you've never met.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Lazlo: Saturday, October 112PA, 2:45pm
Environmental Conditions: 11*C (51*F); partially cloudy but mostly clear.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Lazlo Nexus nearby
Post

Inside their room, the group discusses a plan after Tessa reveals her needs. Arvid suggests that he go search for the shifter needed to safely transport Reka away. Tessa nods at Amber's surprise. "The hard part isn't the gemstone; it's making the gemstone do what we need it to do. Red Zicron will basically let me turn this into a small emp that shorts itself out. Judging from what I was told, 80/20 chance it outright explodes. But no matter, all the internal components would be fried and no more useful than a brick." Tessa adds to her explanation. Amber then informally welcomes the newcomers and pays out those that were on the planet with them. Amber also mentions acquiring a new contact and potentially getting a good deal of their needs met. Reka grimaces to Amber. "No. What I have left I will need to remain under Naruni's radar." Reka retorts as Tessa shakes her head. "It shouldn't be too expensive; it is a cornerstone of how the Collegiate makes money. Offering transport." Tessa adds. Susan adds her two cents for items they may need going forward, and her own distrust of Tessa. The paranoid doctor finding any reason to mistrust the newcomer.

After Avrid fixes up Amber and Minerva's armor, proving the usefulness of his little toy, Amber heads back downstairs with Minerva. Susan stays with Reka and Tessa. Arvid follows her down to make his way to the local Collegiate. It's around this point that Amber, Minerva, Arvid and Susan all notice Phinneas hasn't returned to the room yet.

Downstairs, John kills some time attempting a sale of his machine and notices something rather quickly about the denizens of the No-Tell Motel; they aren't very friendly. The direction the Crazy went lost on the marketeer as he focuses on his current crowd. Each appears to be reclusive, and one of them in the lobby leaves before John can get to them, returning up the stairs to a different room. John does attract the attention of the one that had been in the corner sitting down. He appears to limp towards John with a face of crazed interest. "I-I'll trade you for it..." He says in the raspy voice of an addict. John is almost taken aback by the odor on the man as he points to an actual paper-looking magazine in his corner. "Y-Yeah?" He asks.

Amber, Minerva and Arvid all descend the steps and once the man spots Arvid, he shudders and just mutters "Uuh, later." Then shuffles back to his corner, his back to them as Amber introduces Minerva as the point contact going with him. Arvid doesn't stop and simply walks out towards the main Mages guild. Amber returns to the room while Minerva and John head to the Lazlo Arms Bazaar.

[Chester's Eatery]
Phinneas

Phinneas followed the smell thanks to his enhanced nose, though the crazy was intoxicated by the aroma, he still remembers where the Hotel is. The smell leads him to a dive joint, looking very run down and easy to miss. Though, when Phinneas steps inside he is almost overwhelmed with various different aromas. The two walls are lined with small booths with enough room for a few people to walk from the door to the back of the eatery, Phinneas can count it only fits 16 patrons. Phinneas sees an oriental woman standing there ready to greet him. She notably doesn't react to the fact Phinneas has one arm. She shows him the menu and every item has a corresponding number too it. What catches Phinneas off guard is the sheer selection the location has, nothing is over 50 credits. [Does Phinneas have a favorite food?] Phinneas does see two alien looking individuals sitting in different booths that pay him no mind, and one mostly armored humanoid enjoying a cup of broth who turned to look at the Crazy before returning to the broth. [Lore check to see if you can ID them.]

[Lazlo Mage's Guild]
Arvid

It doesn't take Arvid long to follow the Ley Line to near the Nexus where the local Collegiate happens to sit. It is as impressive as Merctowns, if not a little more. Though Arvid has little care for that, instead he needs to find something very specific. Entering the most obvious front doors of the Collegiate, Arvid is immediately greeted by a hooded mage. "Ah, welcome. I am Percy, one of the Keepers here. You are a new face, what can I do for you?" He asks. Arvid notices that this mage does not seem bothered or affected by his appearance what so ever. A trust or charm roll could help.

[Lazlo's Arms Bazaar]
Minerva and John

The pair arrive in Lazlo's Arms Bazaar and Minerva initially compares it to Merctown's before she finds herself to be horribly mistaken. It's much larger, probably twice the footprint of Merctown's and the Naruni Headquarters stands out like a sore thumb. Minerva also notices not one, but two heavily armored individuals outside Naruni's Salesfloor doors. Even though Minerva is confident that Naruni doesn't know her association with Amber and the others, the sight still makes her hitch. Northern Gun, Wellington and Triax all appear to have their own areas with countless smaller vendors littered between. Where do you go, some shopping rolls

[No-Tell Motel]
Amber and Susan

Amber returns to the room with Susan and stores her armor and checks her weapon. She can't find a reason it jammed and can only assume it was a fluke at the worst possible time. By the time Amber finishes checking her weapon and armor, some time after Susan's expressed concern over Tessa. Reka seems to remain extremely uncomfortable, sitting with his back to a wall and the only window in the room shut with a sheet draped over it. Tessa is leaning back in her chair, now appearing bored as they await their delivery, she glances to Amber and Susan. "So, how'd you lot get into this mess?" Tessa asks the pair. Something itches at the back of both their minds; Phinneas isn't back yet and Amber didn't see the crazy in the lobby.

What are you doing?
GM Note:

Amber:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Minerva:
Arvid:
John:
[/color]
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: The Lazlo Ploy

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

[Lazlo Mage's Guild]
Perception: 47% 1d100: [50] = 50 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [60] = 60
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [15] = 15
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [46] = 46

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute.
Amber, Minerva and Arvid all descend the steps and once the man spots Arvid, he shudders and just mutters "Uuh, later." Then shuffles back to his corner, his back to them as Amber introduces Minerva as the point contact going with him. Arvid doesn't stop and simply walks out towards the main Mages guild. Amber returns to the room while Minerva and John head to the Lazlo Arms Bazaar.
Arvid walks not hiding who and what he is. He wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping, telling the mage community that he is an Air Warlock. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. He looks young, rippling with muscles.
It doesn't take Arvid long to follow the Ley Line to near the Nexus where the local Collegiate happens to sit. It is as impressive as Merctowns, if not a little more. Though Arvid has little care for that, instead he needs to find something very specific. Entering the most obvious front doors of the Collegiate, Arvid is immediately greeted by a hooded mage. "Ah, welcome. I am Percy, one of the Keepers here. You are a new face, what can I do for you?" He asks. Arvid notices that this mage does not seem bothered or affected by his appearance what so ever. A trust or charm roll could help.
Arvid smiles and remembers to control the static electricity that courses through his body before he speaks, "Percy, Sir, I am Arvid Hammerson. I offer my hand to you but warn you, about there might be a little shock it is part of me and I mean no offense to you." Arvid offers his hand slowly, and shakes and releases so as not to harm him.
Charm 40% 1d100: [71] = 71
Invoke Trust 25% 1d100: [2] = 2

Arvid continues with a big smile, "Percy, Sir, I hope you can help me. I am new to this city and to Midgard. I thought it would only be proper for me to show myself at the place where the Warlocks meet along with others who wield mystic powers. Being respectful before I ask for assistance in acquiring the help my people need. Mainly transportation off world. I wish to warn you there might be some trouble following our group, but I assure you we are not here to do evil but for good."

Arvid stops and explains, "Sorry. I Ramble on too much sometimes." I need to slow down, yes in Asggard, Grandfather, father and others request to always be short and to the point. This is Midgard I should try to hold back a bit.
Last edited by Arvid Hammerson on Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The BOLT
https://www.pbprpg.org/forums/viewtopic ... Hammerson
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock
OOC Comments
Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 126
MDC: 449
ISP:160
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
OOC Comments
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 449
OOC Comments
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: Helmet: 35
Arms: 15 each (+15 to each shoulder)
Legs: 27 each
Main Body: 42 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Carried/In Hand
NG-B40 Big Bangstick BigBore Anti-Vampire Weapon

Worn on Person
NG-RA15 Cannonball Ride Armor
Air Elemental Symbol (Large Sapphire)


CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
OOC Comments
• Attachment: Canteen Lower Back
• Attachment: Secure Universal Card: 26,000 credits
• Attachment: Vibro-Sword Across Back
• Attachment: Knife Left Boot
• Attachment: NG-B50 "Thunderer" BigBore Combat Hammer
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment:[4]BB Shotgun rounds
• Attachment: [4]BB Shotgun rounds
Backpack
OOC Comments
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Universal Energy to Matter Converter
• Space:MH-550 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit or Fatigues
• Space: Set of clothing
• Space: BB Shotgun Rounds 102
• Space: Food rations
• Space: Boots
• Space: Elemental symbol
• Space: First-aid kit
Post Reply

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. Adventure Forum”