The Horsemen of Eschaton

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.
Post Reply
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Tuesday, October 112PA,
Environmental Conditions: Internal Temp; 16*C (57*F), relatively cool breeze with a bright sun.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus within five miles.
It is on a faithful Tuesday afternoon that Daisuke radios his return to Haven with a potential job and their patron. The group is able to be warned of her incoming arrival to Haven so that everyone may be present. About a minute or so before Daisuke and Fang Lo arrive at Haven, Gloriosa feels the sensation of another dragon to be close-by. Gloriosa's suspicion is confirmed when Diasuke introduces Fang Lo to the group. Fang Lo will address Ronith first.

"Thank you for hearing me, I am Fang Lo. As your beautiful counterpart as already sensed, I am a dragon from Africa. I was sent here to hire your group to return with me so that we may save the world. Your reputation is known, and unfortunately simply throwing numbers at this problem won't solve it." She states, placing two hands together, standing and looking at the Heroes. "Your presence is requested at Lake Malawi to attend a Gathering of Heroes. Transportation will be provided with a sign-on payment of ten million universal credits, and another forty million universal credits upon completion. The mission is to save the continent, and the world, from an apocalypse none would survive." Fang Lo states.

What are you doing?
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [58] = 58 | 69%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | d%: [33] = 33 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Swallowing Limbo [600lbs nonliving] (2/6 people)
    • Omega Knight <deceased, naked>
    • Second Omega Knight <deceased, naked>
    • Gazelle faun
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
  • Instant Wardrobe [60lbs each slot] (3/6)
  • Instant Weapon [110lbs each slot] (3/3)

  • MDC: 297/297
  • PPE: 13/13
  • Worn:
    • Casual Clothes
    • CP-40 <slung>. Current e-clip: 12/21 shots.
    • 6 spare e-clips
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 25 lbs.
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
  • Increase leap ability by 50%
  • Infrared & thermal masking

Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 70
  • Arms: 60 each
  • Legs: 80 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 20 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to climb, -20% to other physical skills
Features:
  • All standard Dead Boy EBA features (p.100, WB11)

Book Reference: p.100, WB11


NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Flight Helmet: 35
  • Arms: 9 each
  • Legs: 20 each
  • Main Body: 25

Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: None
Features:
  • Flight helmet includes built-in radio and nightvision goggles

Book Reference: p.77-78, WB33

Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
Image
  • Range: 3000'
  • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
  • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
  • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
  • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps


CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Image
  • Range: 2000'
  • Damage:
    • Low-power shot: 3D6
    • Low-power burst: 1D6x10
    • Single shot: 2D6 M.D.
    • Burst: 6D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only
  • Payload:
    • E-Clip: 21 shots
    • LE-Clip: 30 shots
    • E-Canister: adds 60 shots to overall payload
    • Note: 30 low power shots = 1 M.D. shot
  • Weight: 9 lbs.; 4 lbs. for an E-canister
  • Features: Passive nightvision scope (2,000'), laser targeting
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on an aimed shot
  • Book Reference: p.92, WB11


GAW .50 Six Barrel Machine-Gun
Image
  • Range: 8,000'
  • Damage: 2D6x10, or 2D6x100 burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 300, 600 or 1,200 round disintegrating belt or belt fed drum
  • Weight: 85 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.121, Merc Ops

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 33 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Copy Animal Attribute: Monkey ((
    +10% prowl when climbing, +15% palming, pick pockets, and concealment, +5% acrobatics and/or gymnastics, +1 to PP
    , Swing line,
    +2d4(7) PP, +3d4(8) Spd, +1 APM, +3 auto-dodge, +10% skills requiring dexterity and prowess, prowl, gymnastics, climb, etc.
    ,
    +1 parry, +2 dodge, +6 initiative, +15% perception, Estimate distance of sound 90%, Estimate speed and direction of approach 80%, Recognize voice or sound 70%, Imitate voice 60%
    ))

Hemlock wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:50 pmIntrigued, Hemlock raises an eyebrow. "Cyber-knight code, huh? Never heard of it. What exactly does this 'code' entail? Does it, by any chance, have a clause about proper waste disposal? Like, 'Thou Shalt Not Leaveth Dragon Droppings Scattered Within a Half Mile Of Camp'? And by any chance, is there a written copy somewhere? I'm always taken by a good set of rules, especially ones involving nobility."
"Perhaps there is some form of 'Cyber-Knight Handbook' written somewhere. But my understanding is that the tradition is passed down orally in a mentor/mentee relationship. And is ultimately subject to individual interpretation." Daisuke makes a thinking face for a moment. "The core tenants are chivalric in nature: Honor, Valor, Fair Play, Loyalty. You do bring up an excellent point however and I will see what I can do about securing you a written resource of some sort."

Prior to his wandering ((and the second encounter with Fang Lo)), Daisuke will hit up a bookstore for a copy of Erin Tarn's Traversing the Modern World ((and anything else she may have published that the bookstore has)). Erin Tarn is a famous author after all. And word was her travelling companion was a native american cyber-knight. So chances were good that a portion of the book may be dedicated to discussion about the order.

=======
Later...
=======
Underguard wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:48 pm"Thank you for hearing me, I am Fang Lo. As your beautiful counterpart as already sensed, I am a dragon from Africa. I was sent here to hire your group to return with me so that we may save the world. Your reputation is known, and unfortunately simply throwing numbers at this problem won't solve it." She states, placing two hands together, standing and looking at the Heroes. "Your presence is requested at Lake Malawi to attend a Gathering of Heroes. Transportation will be provided with a sign-on payment of ten million universal credits, and another forty million universal credits upon completion. The mission is to save the continent, and the world, from an apocalypse none would survive." Fang Lo states.
There should be no higher calling... A Gathering of Heroes to prevent a world-ending apocalypse. I will be immensely surprised if Sir Ronith turns this opportunity down. The Arismal thinks to himself. He remains silent and stands at attention while he awaits senior leaderships' decision on the matter.

His gaze slowly shifts between Sir Ronith and Grant for their assessment.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [52] = 52
PER: 1d100: [83] = 83 vs. 94%

After an unremarkable, nostalgic, and mildly bittersweet trip back to the Granite Hall to find that all is well Ronith returns late one night. The trip had been long, and seemed to wear harder than it used to. I suppose I’ve never done this particular run at 400. Or maybe I’m just tired of being away from home. After four or five days away, the cyber-knight is ready to return and enjoy some of the modest comforts he’s been denying himself. After a few days of that, Ronith is feeling much better and about to go back to Fixer’s to see about some new jobs when Daisuke arrives bearing one. Upon being introduced to Fang Lo Ronith bows fractionally at the waist. ”I appreciate you being so upfront about your true nature. Certainly, the fee you offer would seem apocalyptic.” Ronith resists the urge to groan. Not another one. ”And of course, I am not in the habit of ignoring such threats. I suppose I am duty bound to accept, for myself. But before I can order my team into battle I must know more. What is the nature of this threat? Where is this Lake… Malawi? And why have you chosen to come here? There are undoubtedly many powerful champions of the light who would answer the call without the need for financial inducements, to say nothing of armies.” Upon learning of Lake Malawi’s location in Africa, Ronith directs Grant to take the advance. ”We can’t afford to get bogged down by terrain or roadways on this campaign. Take that and make sure everyone is outfitted with some sort of personal transportation. All-terrain. Everyone needs to be able to run or fly for extended periods of time. I have my hovercycle, and there might be another one in the garage if anyone is able to repair the battery system. While you’re at it, assess the group’s needs.” I should check and see if I need to stock up on grenades.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 89/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 81% vs 1d100: [50] = 50
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [85] = 85
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • See the Invisible, including spirits and Astral Beings
  • Sense Ley Line: 94%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 104%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 160mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1100'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 101/101
  • I.S.P.: 98/98
  • P.P.E.: 710/710
  • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
| 10 PPE| BOM 109 | 8 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

120 PPE | BOM 140 | 15 Days | 1100 PPE


It had only taken 3 real days for someone to reach out Zoe to inquire purchasing Grant's Draining Blade. Grant's irritation about being summoned from the time hole early quickly disapapated as the credits were transferred to him. The buyer had barely stepped out the door before Grant disappeared with a pop, transporting himself quickly around Merc-Town to make a series of purchases.

With the purchases accomplished, he sets up his mystical alarm and returns to time hole for another 4 real days before being summoned again. Hoping it was a buyer for the Mage Armor, he is only slightly disappointed that it wasn't. Work is always welcome. I've made good progress, but it looks like I will have to put my research on hold for the time being. A few more weeks I think and I'll have cracked this particular nut.

With a quick cleanse and look in the mirror, Grant walks out of his room as if he had actually been there for the last week and joins the group. He looks from Fang Lo to Gloriosa as she mentions they are both dragons. Well, I must have missed a lot this last week. He scratches his head as Fang Lo provides a broad outline. 10 million credits just to show up? 50 million total, whose deep pocket is this coming from. He finds a spot to sit down.

History: Pre Rifts -- 81% vs 1d100: [87] = 87 | General knowledge about Africa pre rifts
History: Post Apocalypse -- 95% vs 1d100: [70] = 70 | General knowledge about Africa post rifts.

He listens to Sir Ronith's response asking for more details about the mission. "I've seen maybe a few pre-rifts picture books that mentioned Africa. I think one was a now useless atlas. But I vaguely remember plains full of wild beasts along with deserts. What is the terrain and climate like in Africa, what is it truly like? Are there formal nations or city-states with a level of technology equal to Merc-Town?" He takes, the advance from Fang Lo. "It wouldn't do outfit us for a day at the beach, if it were actually freezing cold there now. Thinking about what they have in the garage, the mage adds, "The APC would still make a reasonable mobile home for us, but if mobility is key, then 3 or 4 semi-disposable vehicles would be best."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [49] = 49 /55%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [33] = 33
Active Effects

Keiko spends her time generally out and about. Popping back into for one thing or another. She picks up a few new items including a new TW axe that she seems overly invested in.

Keiko seems to be in a better mood then normal when the visitor arrives. "Oh, wow. Another one. It just raining dragons here isn't it. First Gloriosa, then an old friend of mine, and now one is offering us a job. We must just be lucky." Keiko smiles and winks as she takes a seat to listen. Keiko's tail swishes back and forth in anticipation as the conversation get rolling. What's this? Ronith is being cautious and asking for more details? Looks like old dogs can learn new tricks. Good on him. 50 mil total...that's a lot. It will be one hell of a split. Other heroes...Huh. I wonder what they're like? grant seems to know a lot of the area we are going to. So exciting!

Keiko listens through the questions. Everyone else already hit on the good questions. I guess I can go look for cheap transportation. Ronith is right that we don't want to get bogged down in adverse conditions. Now I wish I'd looked into some kind of flight spell. Oh well. She waits for a pause in the conversation after Ronith tells Grant to take the advance. Keiko lets her voice flutter in the room, "Sounds like a job for the story books. I'll help find us some reasonably priced hover transports. Just let me know how much we have to work with and I'll get us some bikes...wait can everyone ride?"
Keiko

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [49] = 49
Perception: 93% / 1d100: [92] = 92 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 870/870
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 719/719



Energy Sphere: 1500 P.P.E. for 30 days
Heightened Presence Sense: constant 100ft range
Sustain: 15 days


Hemlock cleaves the practice dummy's head clean off, a rather experimental red katana hissing in her grip. Unnatural fire dances along the blade, a hint at the powerful fire spirit she had possess the weapon in recent days. This wasn't her usual brand of magic - the playful illusions and tricks she favoured in the Asgardian woods. This is raw, primal power, and frankly, she was finding it exhilarating.

When Fang Lo arrives and the heroes assemble to hear her words, Hemlock stands at the back with the katana held loose at her shoulder. The flames have died down to embers and present no threat. Hemlock listens with half an ear, mostly preoccupied with the way the red power pulses beneath the surface of the blade.

Undamaged. She thinks, her finger traces the lines of fiery energy along the blade. Seems like a good fit.

As Fang Lo drones on about credits and saving the world, Hemlock's mind wanders. Millennia of faerie revelry hadn't exactly prepared her for world-ending threats. The summoning of Cloudjumper, building her Owl-Staff, and the flames of the katana are a power she hadn't wielded in ages. Yet it resonated deep within her. Her emerald eyes were especially intense in recent days, ever since she worried over what form of doom was coming that needed her attentions. For the first time in her life she was flexing her considerable might and preparing for battle.

And now, here it is. A dragon comes with a tale of a coming doom. I am rather glad I spent all that time preparing some weapons. Ronith had my number sparring weeks ago, a good warning that I need to get more creative.

Three millennia spent amongst mischievous fae had given her a dry wit and a fondness for chaos, but beneath that twinkle lurks a deadly resolve. Hemlock wasn't Freya, the formidable goddess of war. No, Hemlock reveled in creativity and magic, the kind that could turn a pumpkin into a carriage or a forgotten Transformer toy into someone's new best friend. Millennia of dodging pixies and placating cranky gods had honed her into a different kind of godling. Am I the right one for this task?

Looking down at the crimson blade, veins of power pulsing within its metallic heart, Hemlock almost pitied anything that stood in her way.

I have no idea what I'm capable of when I put my mind to it. No one's ever thrown an apocalypse at me before.

Just as Fang Lo finished her spiel, she waits for her new allies to ask their questions.

Hemlock speaks up. Her voice surprisingly bright and steady for someone who was recently decapitating straw men with fiery abandon.

"Right," she said, the katana glinting dangerously. "So, this is some form of Midgaardian Ragnarok? What exactly are we up against?"

Am I ready?
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Gloriosa
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:52 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Gloriosa »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 /29%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [51] = 51

Earlier:
Daisuke wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:23 am
He unconsciously swallows a gulp before speaking up in Gloriosa's direction, "Friendly reminder about the code by which Heroes for Hire operates. Loosely based on the cyber-knight code, acquired gold should be obtained by noble means without causing suffering to those less fortunate." Then, the Arismal ventures to answer Gloriosa's original question, "But like Keiko said, you are welcome here. And we have no malicious intent toward you."
"Noble like nobility or noble like idealistic? Either way, I'm in. I could look pretty cool in a crown I think. A human crown is like a ring for me though, so that might not be the best idea. Maybe I could start my horde off with a crown. That would be neat. Oh! And thanks for not trying to kill me. I don't like it when that happens."
Hemlock wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:50 pm Intrigued, Hemlock raises an eyebrow. "Cyber-knight code, huh? Never heard of it. What exactly does this 'code' entail? Does it, by any chance, have a clause about proper waste disposal? Like, 'Thou Shalt Not Leaveth Dragon Droppings Scattered Within a Half Mile Of Camp'? And by any chance, is there a written copy somewhere? I'm always taken by a good set of rules, especially ones involving nobility."
"Hey, I did that ONE time!"

Now:

Keiko wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:43 pm"Oh, wow. Another one. It just raining dragons here isn't it. First Gloriosa, then an old friend of mine, and now one is offering us a job. We must just be lucky."
"No. ONE dragon, specifically me, is lucky. Two dragons is doable but stay away from my stuff. But THREE?" Gloriosa the child, walks up to Fang Lo and points at them. "Check it. You can come in. But you can't touch my stuff. Also you look really nice. But not one of our kind has been nice to me yet and I'm a little on edge about it. How'd you get the hair to look like that? Ummm... Also, I'm in for saving the world. I live on it and stuff."
Keiko wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:43 pm "Sounds like a job for the story books. I'll help find us some reasonably priced hover transports. Just let me know how much we have to work with and I'll get us some bikes...wait can everyone ride?"
"I cannot! But I can fly.
Image
"
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Tuesday, October 112PA,
Environmental Conditions: Internal Temp; 16*C (57*F), relatively cool breeze with a bright sun.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus within five miles.
[The Pre-Gathering]
Heroes Haven

Fang-Lo returns Ronith's bow and nods at his decorum. "The matter is urgent and we needed to ensure you understood the stakes." She answers, then looks to the others as she continues. Fang-Lo smiles towards Gloriosa. "Of course, Flamewind, and I agree. Most of our kind is quite intolerable." Fang-Lo briefly offers Gloriosa a moment of dragonic bonding unheard of in the wild; Fang-Lo obviously spends too much time around humans. "Please, we should sit." Fang-Lo continues and after the group is in a better location than the foyer, she continues. "Lake Malawi is in Africa, as is the threat. I'm sure you've heard stories about the mythical Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." She states [Religion or Lore: Demons and Monsters at a penalty]. "Though we don't know how, one has risen. Where one rises, the others will awaken and they will seek each other out, to unite in Egypt. When four become one, this world will end and be thrown into darkness. Not even the Gods of Light or the feared Splurgoth would be able to stop it if it comes to that. Divided though, they are weaker, easier to target and put to rest. We don't answer this with armies that can falter, we don't need governments who would aim to control our land after it's over or worse, betray us." She continues, allowing her words time to soak. "I am here because we need warriors; Champions willing to not only hunt these horsemen, but also to face them and put them to rest." She states strongly. "If you will accept, everything else will be discussed at the Gathering."

As she talks, the group listens. Grant furrows his brow as he struggles to remember anything about Africa before the Cataclysm. After the fact, he has heard many of the rumors escaping Africa but doesn't know many specifics [See WB4, pg 109, Highlights Section]. The others begin talk of planning about Africa and the job, what they'll need and how best to do it. After a few minutes of the group talking, Fang-Lo will interrupt. "Does this mean you will help us, then?" She wants a confirmation and once it is given, she places both hands together and bows her head. "Excellent. I must return at once to relay the news; please be ready for transport on Friday, I will return here that morning." She says and will wait for last minute questions. If there are none, a yellowish aura of energy seems to surround her before she teleports out of sight; Gloriosa notices that she no longer senses Fang-Lo nearby.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 10 Mill credit card, go nuts.

Ronith:
Grant:
Daisuke:
Keiko:
Hemlock:
Gloriosa:

Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [89] = 89
Perception: 63% / 1d100: [38] = 38 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 870/870
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 719/719



Energy Sphere: 1500 P.P.E. for 30 days
Heightened Presence Sense: constant 100ft range
Sustain: 15 days


Hemlock, with her wild red hair and piercing green eyes, feels a knot of tension finally release in her gut. Weeks of waiting in this strange world, summoned by Freya to deal with an unknown threat, had left her more anxious than she dared admit. Now, with Fang-Lo's words, the enemy had a face – or rather, four faces. The mythical Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

"Finally I know who I've come for!" She breathes a sigh of relief. It might seem odd to some; the godling having the opposite reaction to what others might in this situation.

Her eyes narrow in concentration as Fang-Lo reveals more details about their fearsome foes.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 128%: 1d100: [19] = 19 (SUCCESS by 109%)

As the dragon speaks of the Horsemen, a flicker of recognition sparks in Hemlock's long memory. It may not be a perfect match, but elements resonate with stories she'd heard over a thousand years ago. Clearing her throat, she adds to the Lo Fang's descriptions when there is a pause, "Forgive me, but this talk of horsemen… it stirs a memory from olden days."

When there is a pause in the room, and attention turns to the Asgardian, Hemlock will elaborate.

"It's a very old poem, a skald's work I heard over a thousand years ago. I don't know how relevant it is, but…" She trails off, then she takes a deep breath, her voice transforming. It became a rich, melodic instrument, imbued with the power of ages past. If one is gong to tell a story, one ought to do it right.

Performance 63%: 1d100: [48] = 48 (SUCCESS)

Hemlock steps on a lounge to gain a little height, her posture adopting the dramatic stance of a skald reciting epic tales.

"Hark! From the mists of Niflheim they ride,
Four grim shadows cloaked where sunlight hides.
The first, a wraith with eyes of hollowed night,
Death himself, on Nightmare's back takes flight.

With bony hand and scythe that chills the soul,
He claims his due, a reaper taking toll.
Kings and beggars, all fall to his might,
Lost in the silence of eternal night.

Next comes Pestilence, on a pale steed's stride,
His touch a plague, disease he leaves behind.
Rot and fever follow in his wake,
Mortals wither, bodies start to ache.

Famine rides a skeletal mare thin and gaunted,
Her hollow eyes where life has slowly flaunted.
Barren fields and skies devoid of rain,
Her hunger gnaws, a never-ending pain.

War, the last, on a stallion red as flame,
Brings chaos, clash of steel, a whispered name.
Shields are shattered, swords drink deepest red,
Blood paints the earth where fallen warriors bled.

Four harbingers of doom, a ghastly sight,
They herald Ragnarök, the final night.
May the Valkyries shield the brave and bold,
When these dark riders claim the world of old."

Her voice rises and falls, weaving a tapestry of dread as she describes each Horseman. For Death, her voice drops to a chilling whisper, one to send shivers down spines. For Pestilence, it becomes raspy and diseased. For Famine, a hollow echo resonates through the room. And for War, it becomes a powerful roar, a battle cry to send tremors through the very air.

When she finishes, Hemlock allows a moment of silence. Hemlock wonders if she managed to convey the proper weight of the imagery she'd hoped to conjure up.

"Like I said," she offers with a shrug, breaking the silence, "it's very old. Perhaps not entirely relevant…"



As the discussion progresses she finds herself in a situation that is entirely foreign. Even the Gods and the monstrous Splurgoth wouldn't stand against all four united? She frowns, trying to imagine such a power, and then imagines what tricks she had to even the odds. She broods over the problem while others discuss it, only lifting her head if addressed directly.
Fang Lo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:14 pm "Does this mean you will help us, then?"
The urgency in Fang-Lo's voice triggers Hemlock before she could stop herself. "Yes of course," she blurts, before realising the acceptance was meant for Ronith to decide. If Ronith reacts, she answers with a smirk and a shrug, and says in elven, "Couldn't help myself."

Despite her thousands of years of experience in magic use, a flicker of doubt crosses Hemlock's mind. Untested in a battle of this magnitude, she wasn't naive. It is time to summon a familiar. It feels the right time. A mischievous grin tugs at the corner of her lips. When she put her mind to it, she could be devastating. And she was doing just that.

She waits for the others to discuss the problem, content to observe and respond to questions directed at her.

When the time is right, and Fang Lo departs, Hemlock steps towards the exit. She grins evilly at the others.

"Asgard is well known for fantastical steeds, Odin himself riding that eight-legged monstrosity." She laughs grimly. "If these Horseman are as terrible as I've heard, perhaps such fantastic steeds are worth having. I've been considering a rather nasty idea for one, and now I feel is the time to make that idea a reality."

She stops at the door, then looks back to Ronith. "Oh, the magicians guild wants credits for guild membership. I promised to pay them when I saw them next. Can I have fifteen thousand credits out of that ten million to pay them before I leave this city?"

If anyone seems interested in observing Hemlock's summonings, she grins. "Feel free to come along if you wish, likely you'll not see anything like it soon."

No horse for me, oh no, I shall conjure a magnificent elk! Its size and power a match for any battlefield. But I won't stop there.

Her fingers twitch, a plan for the elemental fury she would weave into the beast well formed in her mind.

It will be a steed of legend!
Last edited by Hemlock on Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [78] = 78
PER: 1d100: [66] = 66 vs. 94%

A continent-spanning search and destroy mission to try and locate… What? A dark god, or a piece of one anyway? I suppose it’s a testament to the team’s reputation, or at least to mine, that word has reached so far away that they thought to contact us. Then again, maybe they’re casting a wide net and looking for little more than cannon fodder, despite what this dragon says. Even with less-than-subtle targets, searching an entire continent requires bodies. But this dragon is willing to part with a substantial portion of her hoard to retain us; I don’t think we can afford to assume she’s lying. Ronith sits when prompted and considers Fang Lo’s words silently. When she’s finished, the cyber-knight doesn’t wait long for his reply, though he does give Hemlock an odd look at her poem.

”The pay is worth the risk, and besides my team and I have a vested interest in this world. We shall go to this Gathering you speak of. I presume we shall require some sort of transport of our own once we are on the other side? Are there any conditions or terrain we should plan for? My memory is hazy but I want to say desert and jungle.” Will that be a problem for hovercraft? I’ve never noticed any in the west but that might be different conditions.

Once Ronith has some idea of what to expect, he hands the credit chip to Grant. ”See to it that the others are properly outfitted, especially the new arrivals. Make sure everyone has some sort of personal transport suitable for most terrain- ideally, with room for passengers.” When Helmock asks about money for guild membership, Ronith nods to her and Grant ”Request granted. They are a useful resource for all of our magic-users.” While the others attend to their preparations, Ronith will try to radio the Granite Hall- or any other cyber-knight facility within range of MercTown, and see if any of his brother knights have heard of these Horsemen.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 89/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [75] = 75 /55%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [46] = 46
Active Effects

Ohh gathering of Champions...sounds like we're going to be part of a larger force. I wonder what kind of others they've gathered...The four horseman of the Apocalypse? I have a bad feeling about this. Keiko thinks to herself as Hemlock breaks into her performance.
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100: [8] = 8 /75% (Success by 67%)

Keiko's fur stands up along her spine as Hemlock's voice weaves its way through the story. Keiko leans forward entranced by the woman's skillful story telling. Upon completion of the skald, Keiko jumps up and hugs Hemlock. "That was beautiful. It gave me chills! It hit all the right points. How did you get your voice into that low of a range?" Keiko lets go and spins herself back into her seat and smooths her fur back down. While her tone still sounds cheery her words are anything but, "That Skald has the gist of it. I heard a few things myself during my travels. Even temporal raiders give these guys respect and a wide birth. Keiko stiffens ever so slightly, but seems to maybe just recalling an unpleasant memory, "Either way. These guys are bad news...for like everyone." Keiko's tail twitches nervously.


Once Ronith starts sending everyone out to obtain supplies needed for this endeavor, Keiko moves next to Grant. "I'll help too. I can drive hovercycles and a like. I know their room is limited to one extra person, but they can be very versatile in a range of environments. I can be a passenger too we we decide on a different type of vehicle."
Keiko

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 81% vs 1d100: [82] = 82
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [38] = 38
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • See the Invisible, including spirits and Astral Beings
  • Sense Ley Line: 94%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 104%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 160mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1100'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 101/101
  • I.S.P.: 98/98
  • P.P.E.: 710/710
  • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
| 10 PPE| BOM 109 | 8 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

120 PPE | BOM 140 | 15 Days | 1100 PPE


Lore: Demons & Monsters 139% vs 1d100: [39] = 39 | Knowledge of the Horseman
Lore: Religion 109% vs 1d100: [43] = 43 | Norse Religion

Grants mind is whirring as he considers what they may need to be successful. "Northern Africa is still mostly desert, but Lake Malawi, that is in the south, right?" He stands and looks out a window, though his eyes are focused on an imaginary map in his mind. "Southern Africa is mostly savannas I think, grasslands with scattered trees." Grant turns back to face Fang Lo, "Which Horseman has arisen? How far away from Lake Malawi has it last been seen?"

An irritated look crosses Grants face as Hemlock begins singing. Is this really the time for song? But his expression changes to a look of focus as he realizes it is about the Horseman. When Hemlock finishes, he asks, "Have the Norse crossed paths with the four horseman before? Was there any stories passed down on how they were defeated?"

With the conversation wrapping up and knowledge they have a few days before they leave, he acknowledges Keiko, "Good, before joining Heroes 4 Hire, I had dreams of a commercial empire and learned how to drive full size hover vehicles." A wistful look crosses his face as he thinks about how his plans and life has changed. He looks towards the others, "What types of vehicles are you able to operate?" Grant grabs a notepad and pen off a nearby table and jots down notes. "We will probably need a large vehicle that can carry extra fuel, and two or three hover cycles. A general survival pack for each of us, as well as radios." Looking down at the credit stick, he adds, "We probably should also convert some of these credits into gold, silver, and gems."

Standing up he turns to Keiko, "Let's go see what we can find. I've still got some studying to do before we leave on Friday."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [33] = 33 | 69%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | d%: [22] = 22 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Swallowing Limbo [600lbs nonliving] (2/6 people)
    • Omega Knight <deceased, naked>
    • Second Omega Knight <deceased, naked>
    • Gazelle faun
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
  • Instant Wardrobe [60lbs each slot] (3/6)
  • Instant Weapon [110lbs each slot] (3/3)

  • MDC: 297/297
  • PPE: 13/13
  • Worn:
    • Casual Clothes
    • CP-40 <slung>. Current e-clip: 12/21 shots.
    • 6 spare e-clips
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 25 lbs.
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
  • Increase leap ability by 50%
  • Infrared & thermal masking

Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 70
  • Arms: 60 each
  • Legs: 80 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 20 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to climb, -20% to other physical skills
Features:
  • All standard Dead Boy EBA features (p.100, WB11)

Book Reference: p.100, WB11


NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Flight Helmet: 35
  • Arms: 9 each
  • Legs: 20 each
  • Main Body: 25

Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: None
Features:
  • Flight helmet includes built-in radio and nightvision goggles

Book Reference: p.77-78, WB33

Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
Image
  • Range: 3000'
  • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
  • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
  • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
  • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps


CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Image
  • Range: 2000'
  • Damage:
    • Low-power shot: 3D6
    • Low-power burst: 1D6x10
    • Single shot: 2D6 M.D.
    • Burst: 6D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only
  • Payload:
    • E-Clip: 21 shots
    • LE-Clip: 30 shots
    • E-Canister: adds 60 shots to overall payload
    • Note: 30 low power shots = 1 M.D. shot
  • Weight: 9 lbs.; 4 lbs. for an E-canister
  • Features: Passive nightvision scope (2,000'), laser targeting
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on an aimed shot
  • Book Reference: p.92, WB11


GAW .50 Six Barrel Machine-Gun
Image
  • Range: 8,000'
  • Damage: 2D6x10, or 2D6x100 burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 300, 600 or 1,200 round disintegrating belt or belt fed drum
  • Weight: 85 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.121, Merc Ops

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 33 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Copy Animal Attribute: Monkey ((
    +10% prowl when climbing, +15% palming, pick pockets, and concealment, +5% acrobatics and/or gymnastics, +1 to PP
    , Swing line,
    +2d4(7) PP, +3d4(8) Spd, +1 APM, +3 auto-dodge, +10% skills requiring dexterity and prowess, prowl, gymnastics, climb, etc.
    ,
    +1 parry, +2 dodge, +6 initiative, +15% perception, Estimate distance of sound 90%, Estimate speed and direction of approach 80%, Recognize voice or sound 70%, Imitate voice 60%
    ))


”What about salvage rights? With a gathering of heroes, I imagine we may collectively leave behind a trail of destruction.” The Arismal asks Fang Lo. Though it is not necessarily as foremost on his mind as Kondo might prefer, he is a man of rules and wishes to know the expectations in advance.
Grant Latham wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:47 amHe looks towards the others, "What types of vehicles are you able to operate?" Grant grabs a notepad and pen off a nearby table and jots down notes. "We will probably need a large vehicle that can carry extra fuel, and two or three hover cycles. A general survival pack for each of us, as well as radios." Looking down at the credit stick, he adds, "We probably should also convert some of these credits into gold, silver, and gems."
”Small military spacecraft, anti-grav transportation, horse, jet packs, tanks & APCs, warships & patrol boats, robots and power armor.” Daisuke answers realizing most of his piloting skills won’t be appropriate for the outrider role and that he will most likely be assigned to pilot the large vehicle.

As much as I would like to bring the robot, I don’t believe I can justify it.

He decides merely to requisition funds to more fully purchase the complete ammo box of silver-coated ammunition ((+900 rounds to reach 1200)).
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Grant Latham »

(rolls carried)

Grant is writing down the types of vehicles Daisuke rattles off, listening, but not listening. After writing them down, he re-reads what he wrote, Small military spacecraft, anti-grav transportation, horse... He looks up from his notepad, a grin on his face. "Spacecraft? With any other group, I'd say that's not likely to happen, but never say never, that could come in handy. He taps the pen to his lips and adds, "I know a handful of Space magic spells and gotten the impression that it was a whole branch of magic. Ah the opportunity to study it would be grand. However, I am not sure I am ready to leave good ol'spaceship Earth just yet. It's where I keep all my stuff."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Gloriosa
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:52 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Gloriosa »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 /29%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [66] = 66

"Oh, she's really nice. I like her. Why is she so nice?" Gloriosa sits when directed and listens to what's being said. "Africa? I've always wanted to go there since now." His smile diminishes a little when Fang Lo vanishes. Dragons aren't supposed to be nice...is that my friend now?

Gloriosa watcches and listens as Hemlock tells the tale of the Horsemen. Once done, he says "I think Death is the worst because you can get over being sick or hungry or even a bad fight, but for most beings, death is final. Also because why does it have to be cold? I hate the cold."

"I don't operate vehicles, silly. I am a vehicle! I can fly and if you're real nice, I can give you a ride! I don't have like a saddle though. I should probably find... who makes dragon saddles?!"
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Daisuke »

((rolls carried over))
Gloriosa wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:49 amGloriosa watcches and listens as Hemlock tells the tale of the Horsemen. Once done, he says "I think Death is the worst because you can get over being sick or hungry or even a bad fight, but for most beings, death is final. Also because why does it have to be cold? I hate the cold."
When their newly minted resident dragon mentions ‘Death’, Daisuke suddenly perks up again.

Death? That is the name of one of the horsemen?

And the Arismal is forced to admit that he did not pay particular attention to Hemlock’s lyrical explanation when she first spoke the rhyme. He reviews his internal recollection and thinks on the implications.
Hemlock wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 amHemlock steps on a lounge to gain a little height, her posture adopting the dramatic stance of a skald reciting epic
"Hark! From the mists of Niflheim they ride,
Four grim shadows cloaked where sunlight hides.
The first, a wraith with eyes of hollowed night,
Death himself, on Nightmare's back takes flight.

With bony hand and scythe that chills the soul,
He claims his due, a reaper taking toll.
Kings and beggars, all fall to his might,
Lost in the silence of eternal night.

Next comes Pestilence, on a pale steed's stride,
His touch a plague, disease he leaves behind.
Rot and fever follow in his wake,
Mortals wither, bodies start to ache.

Famine rides a skeletal mare thin and gaunted,
Her hollow eyes where life has slowly flaunted.
Barren fields and skies devoid of rain,
Her hunger gnaws, a never-ending pain.

War, the last, on a stallion red as flame,
Brings chaos, clash of steel, a whispered name.
Shields are shattered, swords drink deepest red,
Blood paints the earth where fallen warriors bled.

Four harbingers of doom, a ghastly sight,
They herald Ragnarök, the final night.
May the Valkyries shield the brave and bold,
When these dark riders claim the world of old."

It is quickly obvious that they are soon to be involved is some manner of epic conflict with entities that have truly devastating powers.

Turning toward Hemlock, he asks, ”These ‘Horsemen’ are beings of deific power? What do the stories say about their nature and how the gathering of heroes is meant to defeat them? From the sounds of your poem, we are meant to expend our lives. Are there some manner of legendary equipment the heroes are meant to gather in order to stem this dark tide? Or do we simply need to rush in as a bulwark and hope for the best?”
User avatar
Lilith
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:34 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Lilith »

Perception: 1d100: [70] = 70 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100: [25] = 25 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [17] = 17

Lilith has spent much of her time with H4H to herself. The mutant bee finds it... eerie, being a part of a group so willing to give for others with no thought to themselves, with the exception of some monetary compensation. And even then, she finds herself thinking several times as others mention codes of honor and rules of engagement, It sounds like they'd give up a contract just to save a life. It's in sharp contrast to everything she's ever been taught. Aside from the whole 'give up your life for humanity' bit the CS tried to drill into her that never took.

So it is that the woman has kept herself somewhat secretive, spending her time whittling small bits of wood in her room into sculptures of the members of the group. A spar here, a short conversation there, she's kept her less than spectacular past hidden thus far, and fully intends on keeping quiet on it as long as possible. It is because of that past, however, that Lilith can hardly hide the moment of surprise at the payment of their job and the threat that the group would be dealing with.

Passed by 33! - Lore: Demons and Monsters: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 60% - Recognize the reference to the Four Horsemen.

Before she can think too long on that, however, Hemlock stands up and sings about the upcoming threat. Lilith leans back in her seat and crosses both pairs of arms across her chest as she listens silently, rather enthralled with the tale. It takes effort not to clap once it's done. Talk about impressive. Why am I here again with all of them? I've saved a grand total of one life before - my own, and certainly can't hold a candle to half of them.

Not one to self-deprecate for long, Lilith pushes the thought out of her head. She was here, and she was nominally a part of the H4H, not that she hadn't noticed the occasional glance Ronith had given her (which had perhaps added to her hiding herself away). Now isn't the time for that. Or for being shy, this is far too dangerous a task I'm running into to not say anything. She chooses to brush past the fact she doesn't second-guess her decision to keep with the group.
Grant wrote:He looks towards the others, "What types of vehicles are you able to operate?"
Grateful for the practical invitation to speak and help avoid the awkwardness of having not spoken more than a sentence or two to the mage, Lilith shrugs (an interesting sight with four arms) and replies in a buzzy tone. "Wheeled cars and horses. Not the ideal for what we're going for, I don't think, but in a pinch might be useful." As she speaks, she lays her lower pair of arms on the table, hands tapping together. "Had a scout vehicle, but that's somewhere in the frozen north. Bit out of our way at the moment."

Passed! - Whittling & Sculpting: 1d100: [25] = 25 / 45% - Passing the time away.
Lilith
Buzzing along the path of redemption.

Personal Status
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
Carapace M.D.C.: 240 / 240
Wrangler Riding Armor w/Long-coat
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 50 / 50
  • Right Arm: 44 / 44
  • Left Arm: 44 / 44
  • Right Leg: 53 / 53
  • Left Leg: 53 / 53
  • Main Body: 113 / 113
Modifier: -5% movement penalty
Weapons & Attacks
Energy Bolts: 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,000' (2,000' at additional P.P.E. cost)
Battle Fury Blade: 6D6 M.D.; Can activate Battle Fury for 3 minutes, increasing damage to 2D4*10 M.D., attacking twice per APM used (second attack is parried at a -5), and gaining a 100 M.D.C. magical suit of armor.
Flaming Dagger: 2D6 M.D.; lasts 6 minutes per activation.
Constant Effects
Gives the character the ability to hear very faint sounds (light footsteps, small animals breathing). The character can also overhear conversation at a much greater distance than is normally possible. + 1 on initiative.

Can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.

Range: 1,000'; must be starlight or some other light source available. If in a completely blacked out area, a cave for example, nothing will be visible.

The Mystic Knight is impervious to lasers, ion blasts, particle beams, plasma bolts, electricity, fire, heat and radiation.
Magically created energy and ley line storms inflict half damage.
Rune weapons, holy weapons, and most magical weapons of all kinds do full damage. Likewise, ordinary swords, clubs, spears, etc., as well as bullets, arrows, Vibro-Blades, thrown rocks, falls, punches and most kinetic based attacks, do full damage.
Applies to all armor worn as well, as it is both an inherit trait and automatically generated field that surrounds the Mystic Knight.

The Mystic Knight is able to feel whether there is a ley line within the area of their sensing abilities, 30 miles (+10 miles).

The knight will automatically feel the sensation of a Rift opening or closing anywhere within 70 miles (+10 miles) of them. Although they cannot tell exactly where this Rift is, the knight knows if it is near or far and whether it is big or small. Note: When actually on a ley line, the Mystic Knight will know exactly where the Rift is located and can sense one where it is, as long as it is on the ley line or a connecting line.

: The expenditure of magic in the form of a spell, Rifting, or Techno-Wizardy can be felt, if not seen, up to 300' (+100') away. The Mystic Knight will not know the location nor be able to trace it, but they will feel its energy and know that magic is being used in the area of their sensing range. Note: This does not include the use of psionic powers.
Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to themself or somebody near them (within 90'). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All they know is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever their life is in great peril or the life of somebody they greatly care about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.). The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90' or a flash flood is rushing their way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all their I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
  • Range: 90'
  • Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
  • I.S.P.: 2
  • Saving Throw: None.
  • Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses. All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed. +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge, and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Current Time/Date in Merctown: Thursday, October 112PA,
Environmental Conditions: Internal Temp; 19*C (61*F), relatively cool breeze with a bright sun.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Merctown Nexus within five miles.
Fang-Lo provides some final confirmation about travel requirements whilst overseas. Something like We each have a part to play. and Speed, flexibility and adaptability would be highly encouraged. She confirms that Africa still has a rather large and lush forest, several mountain ranges, and a sweeping desert. Ronith picks up a sense of urgency from Fang-Lo as she departs, as if she's already been gone too long.

The group's time has been constructive in Fang-Lo's absence. Ronith gives Grant the paystick with his orders then reaches out to any of his fellow Cyber-Knights that might've heard of them. Hemlock finds that she has heard a great deal through her own deific grapevine about the supposed Horsemen of Eschaton. Keiko has heard of them from a Dimensional Raider long ago. Liltih's not sure where she heard them from, but much of it is familiar to her as well. Hemlock recites what she knows of their epic tale with a natural grace to her performance, somehow lightening the darkened news. A couple key things do stick out for Hemlock in her mind regarding the Horsemen. First, they start alone and cross the lands towards Egypt, Secondly, they can sense each other's presence on a dimension but not directly locate each other, this is why they head to Egypt. Grant recalls another specific detail, that the Horsemen seek each other out to combine their powers, and if they are allowed to reach Egypt, the world will be plunged into darkness. Keiko also remembers another key factor; the Horsemen need Egypt's powerful Nexus and the aid of another to combine. So even if they find each other in the wild, they will not merge until Egypt. Liltih's heard the rumor for the horsemen, that the Pale Rider is always the last to fall. How much of it is accurate, embellishment or fable is hard to say considering these avatars haven't been awakened in over 50,000 years.

Granite Hall responds with alarm at the news a day later, and confirms much of Hemlock's tales. Though not formally invited, Granite Hall suggests they are preparing to send aid as well, whatever that means. Grant, Daisuke and a couple others tend to business around Merctown, such as getting the new magical members registered. Grant finds his old past in handy as they acquire most of what they need. Lilith spends the time carving a rather beautiful piece of wood.

Hemlock, Gloriosa and Keiko find time meandering around Merctown and find their way to a popular tavern. The tavern is busting with activity of all kinds, a certain type of hub for all sorts of powers that are jovially colliding. Zand arrived in Merctown earlier in the week and found comfort in the Sphinx Tavern while looking for work. Something about Zand catches the trio's eye and by the time they leave the tavern, Zand is invited to follow to help save the world. When Hemlock, Gloriosa and Keiko return to the Haven, Ronith finds they have a new tag-along. An atlantean.

What are you doing?
GM Note: Next week we launch to Africa, let's wrap the prep up. Introducing Zand, he has been extremely patient with my move. I'm stable now. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Ronith:
Grant:
Daisuke:
Keiko:
Hemlock:
Gloriosa:
Lilith:
Zand:
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [4] = 4
Perception: 63% / 1d100: [33] = 33 (SUCCESS)

  • P.P.E.: 870/870
  • I.S.P.: 268/268
  • M.D.C.: 719/719



Energy Sphere: 1500 P.P.E. for 30 days
Heightened Presence Sense: constant 100ft range
Sustain: 15 days


Hemlock strides confidently into the Haven, a hint of satisfaction in her emerald eyes. I do enjoy a good tavern outing! It was a rather fruitful exercise.

Flanking her is a newcomer, the tattooed Atlantean named Zand. The godling turns to Zand with a mischievous grin.

"Alright then, new friend," she says in a gentle voice, though one that carries a touch of amusement, "why don't you introduce yourself to the crew? Let them know the pleasure of your company."

Hemlock's eyes flicker towards Sir Ronith. The elf stands a good head taller than her, and with a playful smile she gestures towards their leader and adds, "This fine fellow here is Sir Ronith, our leader. Champion knight and the one who keeps this band of heroes moving along in the right direction. If you're to join us, you'll need to convince him."
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Gloriosa
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:52 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Gloriosa »

Perception: 1d100: [87] = 87 /29%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [8] = 8

"The mead was good, but why do I feel very very sober? Aren't these alcoholic drinks supposed to... do something?" Gloriosa the Man drops his disguise and transforms into Gloriosa the Dragon as soon as he crosses the threshold of the Haven. "They also need to hire a cleaner because that place smelled like... spoiled cabbage, pipespice and feet." Turning around to their newcomer, he says "Zand, you, I like. You're a totally tubular dude."

Once introductions are complete, Gloriosa will head to his room and get himself geared up for Africa. "Alright! Let's go save the earth and stuff!" he says as he shows up kitted out.
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

((rolls carried over))

When the introductions are done, Hemlock takes Gloriosa aside for a little Godling to Dragon chat. Her green eyes sparkle with mischief as she steers Gloriosa, still in human form, away from the main group. A sly grin spreads across her face.

"Zand isn't the only help coming for our little African adventure, I've been summoning a few helpers also," she whispers in conspiratorial tone. "I didn't forget about you my dear Gloriosa."

With a wink, Hemlock instructs, "Now Gloriosa, close your eyes and extend a hand."

When he does so, the dragon feels the weight of the small yellow Volkswagen toy in his open palm.

"Meet Bumblebee," Hemlock announces with a flourish. "Though this little fella might look like a child's plaything, there's more than meets the eye."

She smirks delightedly. "Bumblebee, transform!"

Image

Gloriosa sees the once ordinary toy car shudder. Plastic parts twist and fold in an epic display of mechanical ingenuity. In moments a small, squat yellow robot stands in the Volkswagon's place.

Hemlock throws an arm around Gloriosa's shoulder, and with a wide grin explains. "Behold, the Tectonic Spirit in all its miniature glory! Bumblebee's your new partner-in-crime, Gloriosa. He might be small, but trust me, he packs a punch. I hope you two will be buddies and look after one another." Just in case something happens to me.

To the little bot, Hemlock says, "And Bumblebee, this is Gloriosa, my best friend. Please watch over him and help one another."
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 /55%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [56] = 56
Active Effects
Underguard wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:55 pm Hemlock, Gloriosa and Keiko find time meandering around Merctown and find their way to a popular tavern. The tavern is busting with activity of all kinds, a certain type of hub for all sorts of powers that are jovially colliding. Zand arrived in Merctown earlier in the week and found comfort in the Sphinx Tavern while looking for work. Something about Zand catches the trio's eye and by the time they leave the tavern, Zand is invited to follow to help save the world. When Hemlock, Gloriosa and Keiko return to the Haven, Ronith finds they have a new tag-along. An atlantean.
Keiko awkwardly throws an arm around Zand's shoulder given the 11 inch height difference, "Ronith. Look what we found! An Atlantean! Can we keep him? Please, Please, PLEASE!!!" Keiko's barely restrained giggles makes it clear she's joking at Zand's expense. She eventually releases him without contest. She smiles brightly waiting for what ever comes next.

Keiko gasps slightly when Hemlock show's off the new spirits in the toys, "You mean you were able to get your spirits to inhabit those toys...That's so cool!" Keiko gives a little elbow to Gloriosa, "Lucky." Keiko smiles warmly at the dragon.

Keiko's attitude suddenly shifts as the fun ends, "In all seriousness. A temporal raider I once knew had an encounter with these beings before. If I remember correctly he said they require the Egypt Nexus in order to combine their powers. Something special about that Nexus I guess. He also said they should be taken on individually, if possible, to keep them from reinforcing each other."
Keiko

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [28] = 28
PER: 1d100: [65] = 65 vs. 94%

Upon receiving the reply from Granite Hall, Ronith nods but isn’t terribly surprised. Such a tale is too far-fetched to be made up, even if dragons were inclined towards such pranks. Ronith will send a brief reply acknowledging the knights’ response, and thanking them for any aid they can muster but also stating that he doesn’t believe Heroes for Hire can wait to deploy to Africa. Ronith will also make time for a brief pilgrimage to the Shrine of the Warrior, where he will make obeisance and murmur a quick prayer to Odin. ”Milord, we go to fight a mighty evil in Africa, one that could consume this entire world. I pray that you shall watch over us and give us the strength of body and heart to overcome such a challenge.” Otherwise, he will hang around the Haven (politely declining the others’ invitation to the bar) and help Grant with any preparations (along with additional credits if necessary). Upon Zand’s arrival at the Haven, Ronith will ignore any obvious signs of drunkenness amongst the others and give the Atlantean a cool look up and down. ”I’m afraid we have a big job ahead of us, one that will take us quite far away from MercTown. But then, if I recognize your tattoos correctly, it’s probably not that far by the standards of your people. If you would joins us, then just know that while the pay is great so too is the danger. We shall all have to do what we can to protect the innocent on top of our charge to fight these… horsemen.” Dark gods? Demon lords? Something else? I suppose it doesn’t matter all that much. What does matter is Fang Lo seems to think we can make a difference. Far be it from me to gainsay her, I just hope we’re not biting off more than we can chew.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 89/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 81% vs 1d100: [58] = 58
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [87] = 87
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • See the Invisible, including spirits and Astral Beings
  • Sense Ley Line: 94%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 104%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 160mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1100'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 101/101
  • I.S.P.: 98/98
  • P.P.E.: 710/710
  • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
| 10 PPE| BOM 109 | 8 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

120 PPE | BOM 140 | 15 Days | 1100 PPE


With the job to help Fang-Lo accepted and the task issued by Sir Ronith, Grant's mind is awhirl as he recalls the various equipment catalogs of the vendors in Merc-Town. Reviewing his list, he comments before leaving, "We were lucky when we saved Ashlynn from the creature that possessed her. The APC is a sturdy vehicle, but the terrain was basically impassible by conventional means. I think it's time to obtain something that can hover, if not fly. I suggest we attempt a trade for a comparable vehicle. If memory serves, I believe Northern Gun might have a vehicle that will fit our needs. It should be large enough to store a hover cycle or two and," he looks over to Gloriosa, "possibly a young growing dragon."

Grant leaves the Haven and heads to the Arms Bazaar and spends the day delighted haggling with the vendors. By the end of the day he has trade the APC for a Skybunker as well as purchased two robots to serve as pilots, mechanics, and gunners, along with various miscellaneous equipment with the idea that their chances of purchasing gears once in the field will be extremely limited. With the SkyBunker and robots stored in their garage at the outskirts of Merc-Town, he issues orders to the robots.

Pointing to the left one, he says, "Your designation is now Butch. Your duties will be piloting and maintenance of the Skybunker." To the one on the right he adds, "Your designation is now Sundance. Your primary responsibility is weapon system management and maintenance of the Skybunker. Sundance, in the event Butch is disabled, you will assume piloting duties." Pointing at the Skybunker, he addresses both, The safety of the Skybunker is your primary responsibility. Defend the Skybunker from unauthorized personnel who attempt to board the Skybunker or who attack. Aggressive action is authorized when retreat is not an option. These orders may countermanded by a member of the Heroes 4 Hire mercenary team. I will identify these people later. Do you understand?" If anyone accompanied him on his shopping trip, he identifies them as an ally and crew member of the Skybunker.

Robots aren't the best solution, but it will allow us to leave our mobile base defended when we are away. The sales rep recommended making use of any troops when aggressive action is necessary. I'll need to pick up some weaponry for the two robots to supplement their on board weaponry, The mage thinks as he makes his way back to the Haven. A combination of energy and projective weapons along with at least one melee weapon will provide them options.

Upon his return to, he provides a summary of what he has purchased so far, and a basic idea of what additional equipment he plans to purchase the following day. Upon meeting Zand, he holds out his hand and introduces himself, "Welcome to the team, my name is Grant. From what I can gather, the idea of defeating yet another ultimate evil has piqued your interest. Sounds like you are our kind of people. I specialize in magic, what skills do you have?"

When everyone prepares to go to bed over the remaining days in Merctown, Grant returns to his room and casts Time Hole and continues to work on modifying the Fleet Feet spell. I am close to figuring it out, I know it. I'll have it cracked in the next few days, worst case a couple of weeks.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [38] = 38 | 69%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 | d%: [79] = 79 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet

  • MDC: 297/297
  • PPE: 13/13
  • Worn:
    • Casual Clothes
    • CP-40 <slung>. Current e-clip: 12/21 shots.
    • 6 spare e-clips
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 25 lbs.
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
  • Increase leap ability by 50%
  • Infrared & thermal masking

Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms


Wilk's Jet Pack
Image
M.D.C.: 20
Crew: One
Power System: Electric
Maximum Speed: 120 mph
Maximum Altitude: 1,200'
Maximum Range: 500 miles
Dimensions: 3' long, 30 lbs.
Book Reference: p.267, R:UE


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 70
  • Arms: 60 each
  • Legs: 80 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 20 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to climb, -20% to other physical skills
Features:
  • All standard Dead Boy EBA features (p.100, WB11)

Book Reference: p.100, WB11


NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Flight Helmet: 35
  • Arms: 9 each
  • Legs: 20 each
  • Main Body: 25

Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: None
Features:
  • Flight helmet includes built-in radio and nightvision goggles

Book Reference: p.77-78, WB33


NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 90

Weight: 21 lbs. for human equivalent, 35 lbs. for giant-sized.
Modifiers: -10% to physical skills
Features:
  • All standard NE environmental armor features (p.35-36, DB8)
    Upgrades and Packages
    • HUD Visor Allows 6 different screens to be viewed without impairing vision.
    • Basic Weapons Package
      • Retractable Energy Blade (Right Forearm)
        • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
      • Garrote Strangle Cord (Left Wrist)
        • Damage: 4D6 (+P.S. Damage Bonus)
      • Plasma Flame Thrower
        • Range: 200' (20' AoE)
        • Damage: 5D6 M.D.
        • Payload: 15 Shots per E-Clip
      • Utility Laser Finger
        • Range: 1,000'
        • Damage: 2D6 M.D.
        • Payload: 20 shots. (Standard E-Clip)
    • Robotic Exoskeleton
      • Robotic P.S. of 25, +4 P.P., +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%
      • Restrained Punch: 6D6, Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D., Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.
    • Built-In N-F20A Force Field
      • M.D.C.: 75
      • Voice Activated
    • Laser Distancer & Targeting
      • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
      • Range 2,000'
    • Optics Enhancements
      • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
      • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
      • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
      • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
      • Light Polarization
    • Mini-Radar/Sonar System
      • Can track up to 12 targets
      • Range: 2 miles
    • Integrated Sensor Pod
      • 360° scanning capability
      • +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
    • Advanced Communication Package
      • Includes: Basic receiver/transmitter, secure cryptological encoding, burst transmission capability, and if the Suit has the HUD Enhancement is capable of sending and receiving text communications
      • Range: 30 miles
    • IFF & Targeting Computer
      • Computerized recognition and identification system similar to the Wilk's PC-2020 Field Identifier System
      • Can Identify up to 6,000 targets with 92% accuracy
    • Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers
      • +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control
    • Identification Package
      • Laser, Holographic, Portable Computer, Programmed with thousands of images of known enemy insignia, uniforms, body armor, weapons, robots, and combat vehicles.
      • Includes: Passive Night Vision Goggles, Portable Language Translator, and a Laser Distancer

Book Reference: p.37-39, DB8

Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
Image
  • Range: 3000'
  • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
  • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
  • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
  • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps


CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Image
  • Range: 2000'
  • Damage:
    • Low-power shot: 3D6
    • Low-power burst: 1D6x10
    • Single shot: 2D6 M.D.
    • Burst: 6D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only
  • Payload:
    • E-Clip: 21 shots
    • LE-Clip: 30 shots
    • E-Canister: adds 60 shots to overall payload
    • Note: 30 low power shots = 1 M.D. shot
  • Weight: 9 lbs.; 4 lbs. for an E-canister
  • Features: Passive nightvision scope (2,000'), laser targeting
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on an aimed shot
  • Book Reference: p.92, WB11


GAW .50 Six Barrel Machine-Gun
Image
  • Range: 8,000'
  • Damage: 2D6x10, or 2D6x100 burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 300, 600 or 1,200 round disintegrating belt or belt fed drum
  • Weight: 85 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.121, Merc Ops

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 33 Days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Copy Animal Attribute: Monkey ((
    +10% prowl when climbing, +15% palming, pick pockets, and concealment, +5% acrobatics and/or gymnastics, +1 to PP
    , Swing line,
    +2d4(7) PP, +3d4(8) Spd, +1 APM, +3 auto-dodge, +10% skills requiring dexterity and prowess, prowl, gymnastics, climb, etc.
    ,
    +1 parry, +2 dodge, +6 initiative, +15% perception, Estimate distance of sound 90%, Estimate speed and direction of approach 80%, Recognize voice or sound 70%, Imitate voice 60%
    ))


While the magically inclined among the Heroes geek out about the new additions to the team, Daisuke can only look on from afar and try to absorb what he can about understanding the finger-waggling mumbo jumbo that elicit what seem to be miracles. When mention of spirits is reiterated by Keiko, the Arismal's interest about their collective safety is triggered.
Keiko wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 am"You mean you were able to get your spirits to inhabit those toys...That's so cool!"
"Toys inhabited and animated by spirits? Is there some manner of 'off' switch or command word in case the toys run amok? It would simply be highly inconvenient to figure that out in the midst of combat against world-ending evil deific horsemen... So I'm asking now out of an abundance of caution." Daisuke inquires in Hemlock's direction. Though he would just as readily accept any answer from any of the other magically-inclined within the squad.

When Grant returns from his shopping expedition with a new mode of transportation and two robotic assistants, Daisuke demonstrates how egalitarian his paranoia is and inquires the same of Grant... 'Off' switches or commands for the new robots in case they run amok.

The advance provided to us seem to be quickly leveraged to dramatically improve our combat capabilities and battlefield footprint. Who knew that additional funding was what was needed to unlock this squad's potential. I should keep that in mind and keep an eye out for future monetary opportunities.

Zand's arrival elicits a nod from Daisuke's direction. He waits his turn for senior leadership to be done with him before Daisuke extends his own humble welcome. "Greetings Zand and welcome. I am Daisuke Hamamatsu. Trained for special operations."

Outside the meet and greet, Daisuke checks his equipment and makes sure he is prepared to deploy.
User avatar
Gloriosa
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:52 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Gloriosa »

(Rolls held over)

Gloriosa, thinking he's in some sort of trouble, heads to the side with Hemlock. Did I say something bad? I thought Tubular was a good word! Relieved that he's receiving a present instead, he closes his eyes and puts his hand out. When the object is placed in his palm, he opens and observes the yellow VW Bug. Well that's neat. Hemlock's words of transformation make the toy change before his very eyes and Gloriosa's jaw drops, leaving his mouth agape.
Hemlock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 pm"Behold, the Tectonic Spirit in all its miniature glory! Bumblebee's your new partner-in-crime, Gloriosa. He might be small, but trust me, he packs a punch. I hope you two will be buddies and look after one another."
"This! Is! SO cool! Thank you Hemmy! Hi Bumblebee!"
Hemlock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 pmTo the little bot, Hemlock says, "And Bumblebee, this is Gloriosa, my best friend. Please watch over him and help one another."
Image"Hey Gloriosa, we're gonna be good buddies!"Image Bumblebee points to the ground to be let down and Gloriosa does so. There, Bumblebee transforms back into a toy car and rolls around the floor for a while.
Keiko wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 am "You mean you were able to get your spirits to inhabit those toys...That's so cool!" Keiko gives a little elbow to Gloriosa, "Lucky." Keiko smiles warmly at the dragon.
Daisuke wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am "Toys inhabited and animated by spirits? Is there some manner of 'off' switch or command word in case the toys run amok?"
"No silly, he's gonna roll amok! See!? Keiko gets it."
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

((rolls carried over))
Gloriosa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 am "This! Is! SO cool! Thank you Hemmy! Hi Bumblebee!"
There is an innocence in Gloriosa's eyes that tug at Hemlock's heart. In Gloriosa, Hemlock sees a reflection of her own past. One without parents and gifts. The godling, millennia ago, largely fended for herself in the company of faerie folk. The sight of Gloriosa's genuine delight brings a warmth to Hemlock's chest.

Keiko wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 am "You mean you were able to get your spirits to inhabit those toys...That's so cool!" Keiko gives a little elbow to Gloriosa, "Lucky." Keiko smiles warmly at the dragon.
"Of course," Hemlock smiles. "Just like your own spirit, it needs a vessel. Only these ones use toys."
Daisuke wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am "Toys inhabited and animated by spirits? Is there some manner of 'off' switch or command word in case the toys run amok?"
"Do you have an off switch?" Hemlock asks rhetorically with a frown of disapproval. "Bumblebee is an immortal sentient being. If you need Bumblebee to stop doing something, just ask nicely as you would anyone else. He understands just about every language you'll ever hear, and he has agreed to help us. Not for any of the dragon's millions of credits, but for love of this world. The same for Cloudjumper and Firefox. We are lucky to have them."

Though the elemental possessing the Elk took brute force of will to play along. Elementals just don't get it.
Gloriosa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 am "No silly, he's gonna roll amok! See!? Keiko gets it."
Hemlock laughs.
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
User avatar
Zand
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:42 am
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Zand »

Perception: d%: [47] = 47 | 29%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 | d%: [36] = 36 %
Hemlock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:25 pm "Alright then, new friend," she says in a gentle voice, though one that carries a touch of amusement, "why don't you introduce yourself to the crew? Let them know the pleasure of your company."
Zand gives a deep nod, "Thank you Hemlock. I am Zand, a member of the Bagh-Dach clan of Altanteans. I'm seeking worthy causes to lend my strength to until my family and I are able to coordinate a reunion." Zand pauses wondering to himself "Is it appropriate to call Yiorgis family? We never made things official, but we had plans for the future and would have sought my parents out." With a wry smile he continues, "Mind you it's not uncommon for decades to pass between such meetings. My parents, like most of my people, have a hard time walking away from a cry for help. It can make arranging a rendez-vouz difficult"
Gloriosa wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:15 pm "Zand, you, I like. You're a totally tubular dude."
Zand's smile broadens. "Thank you! You're pretty neat yourself."
Keiko wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 am Keiko awkwardly throws an arm around Zand's shoulder given the 11 inch height difference, "Ronith. Look what we found! An Atlantean! Can we keep him? Please, Please, PLEASE!!!" Keiko's barely restrained giggles makes it clear she's joking at Zand's expense. She eventually releases him without contest. She smiles brightly waiting for what ever comes next.
Ronith wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 am Upon Zand’s arrival at the Haven, Ronith will ignore any obvious signs of drunkenness amongst the others and give the Atlantean a cool look up and down. ”I’m afraid we have a big job ahead of us, one that will take us quite far away from MercTown. But then, if I recognize your tattoos correctly, it’s probably not that far by the standards of your people. If you would joins us, then just know that while the pay is great so too is the danger. We shall all have to do what we can to protect the innocent on top of our charge to fight these… horsemen.”
While crouching down to make things easier for Keiko Zand adds congenially, "While I'm not as well traveled as many of my people, I'm not afraid of travel. I would like to request that we leave word of where to find me, if any of my clan happen to look for me here. Most things worth doing in this world come with risk, and this sounds like a worthy cause."
Grant Latham wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 pm Upon his return to, he provides a summary of what he has purchased so far, and a basic idea of what additional equipment he plans to purchase the following day. Upon meeting Zand, he holds out his hand and introduces himself, "Welcome to the team, my name is Grant. From what I can gather, the idea of defeating yet another ultimate evil has piqued your interest. Sounds like you are our kind of people. I specialize in magic, what skills do you have?"
Daisuke wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am Zand's arrival elicits a nod from Daisuke's direction. He waits his turn for senior leadership to be done with him before Daisuke extends his own humble welcome. "Greetings Zand and welcome. I am Daisuke Hamamatsu. Trained for special operations."
In response to Granth's request and as a response to Daisuke's volunteered information "I'm a defender of my people. I specifically trained for police work and investigation. All who follow my calling are trained for combat, in this world the weak are often preyed upon and it behooves those of us with the means to intervene to do so." Remembering what Yiorgis has told him of non-Atlantean's knowledge of Atlantean culture Zand adds "I have and can use magic tattoos. While I'm not as focused on defeating evil as an undead slayer, I do have significant martial skill that I wield in the effort to protect those in my community."

Hearing people's information about the looming threat Zand grows a bit more grim, "This is more like the kind of quest my parents generally sought. No one can say it's not heroic. I hope I survive this well enough to see Yiorgis and my family again." Experiencing a moment of shame he chastises himself "All that live on this planet are in danger and one of my first thoughts is hoping to survive to see my lover."

Zand shakes himself to focus on the actual issue at hand, "I have a horse that's carried me for awhile now, is it wise to take her with us? Or is there a safe way to stable her while we go? I'm not familiar with Africa of the world."
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Grant Latham »

(rolls carried)


Lore: Magic 134% vs 1d100: [19] = 19 | Tattoo magic
Lore: D-Bees 134% vs 1d100: [100] = 100 | Beings that use magical tattoos | That's a big no


Magic Tattoos? Grant muses as Zand explains what he can do. Ah I am blanking on what beings use them. Time will tell, but both Keiko and Hemlock seem to think he is on the up and up. "If my memory serves, the abilities the tattoos can be quite powerful. I have no doubt you will be able to pull your weight."

The mage pulls out his trust notepad and pen, holding it up, he asks Zand, "As you've heard we are leaving for our next mission very soon. Is there any equipment that you think you need? Do any of your weapons or armor need repair or replacement? I am sure we can find a stable for your horse if you want to leave it behind. I think we could accommodate a horse in our Skybunker. Easy when we aren't being shot at, but we'd need to rig some sort of protective harness to keep it from falling when we are taking evasive action." How to magically restrain a live horse has intrigued Grant, he follows up, "We could restrain the animal with a magic net or a carpet of adhesion I suppose. Maybe cast a spell to reduce it's weight. If only Reduce Self worked on others, looks like an item to put on the spell modification list. I wonder if an animal could trigger a talisman."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Lilith
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:34 pm

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Lilith »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100: [76] = 76 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [4] = 4

As the others prepare themselves by drinking, Lilith declines shortly. "Alcohol doesn't work well with my physiology," is her simple but understandable excuse. The bee woman had thrown up the last time she had gone drinking, and wasn't exactly wanting to repeat the experience. Instead, the insect spends time checking over the gear she has on her. She doesn't spend all of the time to herself, though, knowing that she needs to spend some time with the rest of the team. Being a loner wouldn't gain anyone's trust.

So it is that she's present when meeting Zand, watching the interactions between him and the others with a carefully considered smile. "That all sounds useful in what we'll be going off to deal with," she says with a buzz of her wings, "It's good to have you. I'm Lilith, and this'll be my own first showing with this group." First Atlantean I've ever met that wasn't shooting at me. This will be interesting. So long as I don't die out there, this'll do well to get me settled in. Maybe even make up for some of the shit I've pulled in the past. Rather than letting herself get lost in the past, she instead focuses on Gloriosa's delight at his new toy-friend. She can't help but be bemused at the thought of a grand dragon so innocently playing with a small toy. It reminds her of the few propoganda pieces she was given as 'toys' in her own childhood, if much more well-intentioned.
Lilith
Buzzing along the path of redemption.

Personal Status
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
Carapace M.D.C.: 240 / 240
Wrangler Riding Armor w/Long-coat
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 50 / 50
  • Right Arm: 44 / 44
  • Left Arm: 44 / 44
  • Right Leg: 53 / 53
  • Left Leg: 53 / 53
  • Main Body: 113 / 113
Modifier: -5% movement penalty
Weapons & Attacks
Energy Bolts: 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,000' (2,000' at additional P.P.E. cost)
Battle Fury Blade: 6D6 M.D.; Can activate Battle Fury for 3 minutes, increasing damage to 2D4*10 M.D., attacking twice per APM used (second attack is parried at a -5), and gaining a 100 M.D.C. magical suit of armor.
Flaming Dagger: 2D6 M.D.; lasts 6 minutes per activation.
Constant Effects
Gives the character the ability to hear very faint sounds (light footsteps, small animals breathing). The character can also overhear conversation at a much greater distance than is normally possible. + 1 on initiative.

Can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.

Range: 1,000'; must be starlight or some other light source available. If in a completely blacked out area, a cave for example, nothing will be visible.

The Mystic Knight is impervious to lasers, ion blasts, particle beams, plasma bolts, electricity, fire, heat and radiation.
Magically created energy and ley line storms inflict half damage.
Rune weapons, holy weapons, and most magical weapons of all kinds do full damage. Likewise, ordinary swords, clubs, spears, etc., as well as bullets, arrows, Vibro-Blades, thrown rocks, falls, punches and most kinetic based attacks, do full damage.
Applies to all armor worn as well, as it is both an inherit trait and automatically generated field that surrounds the Mystic Knight.

The Mystic Knight is able to feel whether there is a ley line within the area of their sensing abilities, 30 miles (+10 miles).

The knight will automatically feel the sensation of a Rift opening or closing anywhere within 70 miles (+10 miles) of them. Although they cannot tell exactly where this Rift is, the knight knows if it is near or far and whether it is big or small. Note: When actually on a ley line, the Mystic Knight will know exactly where the Rift is located and can sense one where it is, as long as it is on the ley line or a connecting line.

: The expenditure of magic in the form of a spell, Rifting, or Techno-Wizardy can be felt, if not seen, up to 300' (+100') away. The Mystic Knight will not know the location nor be able to trace it, but they will feel its energy and know that magic is being used in the area of their sensing range. Note: This does not include the use of psionic powers.
Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to themself or somebody near them (within 90'). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All they know is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever their life is in great peril or the life of somebody they greatly care about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.). The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90' or a flash flood is rushing their way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all their I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
  • Range: 90'
  • Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
  • I.S.P.: 2
  • Saving Throw: None.
  • Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses. All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed. +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge, and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
User avatar
Hemlock
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am

Re: The Horsemen of Eschaton

Post by Hemlock »

((rolls carried))
Grant Latham wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:32 am The mage pulls out his trust notepad and pen, holding it up, he asks Zand, "As you've heard we are leaving for our next mission very soon. Is there any equipment that you think you need? Do any of your weapons or armor need repair or replacement? I am sure we can find a stable for your horse if you want to leave it behind. I think we could accommodate a horse in our Skybunker. Easy when we aren't being shot at, but we'd need to rig some sort of protective harness to keep it from falling when we are taking evasive action." How to magically restrain a live horse has intrigued Grant, he follows up, "We could restrain the animal with a magic net or a carpet of adhesion I suppose. Maybe cast a spell to reduce it's weight. If only Reduce Self worked on others, looks like an item to put on the spell modification list. I wonder if an animal could trigger a talisman."
Hemlock watches the exchange with interest, and grins. "I've a mount myself that I intend to bring along. If there is no room in your transport for such beings let me know and I will change plans."


When Zand is catered for and Grant has a moment, Hemlock approaches him with a change of topic.

"So," Hemlock's voice, naturally cheerful, holds a touch of seriousness, "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, huh? A story whispered across countless worlds. The good and the bad – everyone's going to be watching this one unfold."

Her grin falters slightly. "And with all that attention, who knows who else might come sniffing around. Could that dragon we met have been followed, or located if only momentarily?"

Hemlock taps her chin, her playful demeanor momentarily replaced by a thoughtful frown. "Which is why I have a suggestion. Unless of course you've already done so?" She raises an inquiring eyebrow, and the mischievous glint returns to her eyes. "I can cast a Sanctum spell. It'll keep magical prying eyes out of our conference room – or the whole building, if you're feeling especially concerned."

"I also noticed an unfinished teleportation circle. Would you like it finished? We might find a place in Africa where we might build the flip side of it. But this is your home, so the decision is yours."
The Road goes ever on and on
Spell Strength +10 (victims need 22 to save vs. Hemlock's magic)
Senses: Intelligent presences and manned surveillance systems (100 ft/90% chance), and Rifts (350 miles).
Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”