[VR] Theora System Part 3

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

((rolls carried over))
Dr. White wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:39 pm Turning to Zilch and Bert White says ”I can use telemechanics to operate the ship’s weapons reasonably well, but we probably want a trained operator for the main gun. If we get close enough I can teleport over and cause some havoc on board. S’pose we should get the Cap’n first though. Absent any orders to the contrary White sets up at one of the weapons consoles but holds off on using telemechanics until they get closer to the enemy vessel.
Are we there already?

Zilch opens one eye.

"What kind of gun?" He asks curiously. The monster has some skill with heavy military weapons, but has no idea what the ship would want him to shoot.

"Much prefer you teleport me aboard that ship. I love visiting strange new ships. Meeting interesting people. And devouring them." He recalls the last fight in the Kibiko. "And this time, it won't not our ship taking damage when the shooting starts."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 0/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [36] = 36 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
|
Duration: 12 days in space before he needs to find an atmosphere. Bonuses in space: +1 APM, +2 Strike, +1 Parry/Disarm/Pull, +3 Dodge, +25 SDC (MDC for MDC Settings) | Half Damage from Magic-based Cold, Impervious to all other forms of Cold Damage | Half Damage from attacks Gravity Manipulation attacks | Impervious to all forms of radiation.
| Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Forcefield: 110/110 | Telepathy [60ft | 8min | Read Surface Thoughts]

Skills:
Radio, Basic: 1d100: [27] = 27 /75% [Help M with MHz]

Post:

Ashrak is quite pleased with his Anti-Matter K-Hex concoction, taking notes of how he is doing it in his holographic computer with random spurts of giggles that sound like something out of a horror flick. Ashrak is so enthralled with his work, he hardly hears Vinny as she speaks after she left her to check the sensor equipment. "Yes, yes. Better off, I have six quite excellent fangarms that work much better than bipedal hands. Inefficient for most things, they are, yes." Ashrak purrs to himself, nodding. Though bipedals are quite entertaining to have around. No wonder M keeps several around. Ashrak muses, not placing the Phantom in the same category as the bipedals of the group. Ashrak's ponderings have him mostly ignore Vinny's explanation, though Ashrak does note the apparent speed of their pursuer as the alien begins thinking on delivery methods. "Hmm, yes, how to deliver this beautiful bomb, though. I could ride it and hide it from their sensors, mmm, that'd be a story for Telshak, yes. She'd be soooo jealous, OH, maybe I record it for her! Though, if I die, Father would be quite disappointed... which just makes me tingle. Hehehe" Ashrak is mumbling to himself when MOD walks in.
M wrote:"Alright, I think I have a way to scramble their radars, but I need to troubleshoot with someone or two," ey says. "We don't have any jamming tech on the ship, but I might be able to improvise something. If I blast a high pitched frequency on the right radio channel, it could, in theory, hit their radar with a lot of interference. That way they won't be able to detect the mine until they feel the blast. But I got to hit the right frequency, what do you two think? Got a mega-hertz that you like?"
Ashrak perks up. "Oh, yes! Much better than my idea, I think, hehe! You are full of wonderful ideas, my captain! With a penchant for explosions, like me, hehehe. And Vinny, your bipedal presence is most needed now in the cockpit, I think, hehehe." Ashrak agrees, partially dismissing his kamikaze idea for the briefest of moments. "Come, come! I am much better at explosions than radios, and you... I've also heard rumors you phantoms are quite adept at illusions, as well, no?" Ashrak openly ponders towards MOD. "Illusions may serve well as decoys? Perhaps I can even... ride the bomb over to their ship and cloak it from detection. Make it easy for me to guide it to hit them, and crawl into their hull after it breaches..." Ashrak stops floating, coils and turns wickedly. "We could always use more ships, right?!" Ashrak's words drip of malicious amusement. "If it survives." He adds, referring specifically to the ship and not their crew or himself.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 / 35% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [53] = 53 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [3] = 3

Vinny is practically on auto-pilot as she moves about the shuttle whispering back and forth with her armor, completely lost in her own world. Even when she reads the sensors and gives an explanation of what's going on, it's not until a few moments after that she blinks and makes a gagging sound. "Ugh. Remind me never to talk again when I'm having a conversation."

Nonsensical remark aside, Vinny is mostly aware of the situation. Transport ship moving in way faster than normally possible, probably aggressive. Soon enough, a grin is splitting the Atlantean's face underneath her helmet. "So! We looking to have fun or run off?
MOD wrote:M walks back to cargo where Ashrak and Vinny are putting the finishing touches on the upgraded mine. "Alright, I think I have a way to scramble their radars, but I need to troubleshoot with someone or two," ey says. "We don't have any jamming tech on the ship, but I might be able to improvise something. If I blast a high pitched frequency on the right radio channel, it could, in theory, hit their radar with a lot of interference. That way they won't be able to detect the mine until they feel the blast. But I got to hit the right frequency, what do you two think? Got a mega-hertz that you like?"

After a pause, ey adds, "If we're feeling ambitious we can try throwing some decoys first, see if I am scrambling their radar or if they alter their course to avoid the trap? Or too much? We just drop this once and pray to Jonny? Also, what's this thing's blast radius?"
"77.1," Vinny responds immediately. "White noise is great to drown out voices I hate. Sometimes there's even music." As for the second question, the Atlantean shrugs. "Big. Was just fucking around with the wires and getting things hooked up. Did rig a bunch of scrap to it, get it to frag a bit." She clearly was no demo-expert. Who let her work on a mine again?
Ashrak wrote:"...And Vinny, your bipedal presence is most needed now in the cockpit, I think, hehehe..."
Vinny gives a lazy finger at the floating alien, not caring if the gesture's meaning gets through or not, she clearly doesn't care all that much if it does. "Yeah, yeah, play around with the radio and the big boom without the shoot-y lady, I get it."

Despite her grumbling, she does get into the cockpit and make to actually keep the shuttle on track of things. And fruitlessly checking for any weapon systems she might have missed.

Passed! - Pilot: Small Spacecraft: 1d100: [80] = 80 / 87% - Keep the ship doing whatever MOD needs it to be doing.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
MOD
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>

More rolls
Radio: basic (87%) 1d100<85: [94] = 0 - Turn on, tune in
Mimic sounds and whistles (85%) 1d100<85: [45*] = 1 - drop out
Ashrak wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:27 pm"Oh, yes! Much better than my idea, I think, hehe! ... Illusions may serve well as decoys? Perhaps I can even... ride the bomb over to their ship and cloak it from detection. Make it easy for me to guide it to hit them, and crawl into their hull after it breaches..."
M pauses to seriously considers the option, raising a finger and shushing Vinny if she tries to chime in. I could just fux off into space and let these two chuckleheads fly the shuttle back to Grizz... but I'd have to stay corporeal to trigger the mine but in energy form to cloak it... "Too risky. One of us would have to stay too close to the mine to keep it cloaked. Our best bet is to jam their radar."
Phara Vin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:14 pm"77.1. White noise is great to drown out voices I hate. Sometimes there's even music... Yeah, yeah, play around with the radio and the big boom without the shoot-y lady, I get it."
"Alright, so we got a plan then,"M says. "Vinny, I'll need you to take the wheel. Ash, I'm going to be on the radio, so I'll emit a signal strobe to let you know when it's time drop the mine." Ey flashes a pulse of light from eir hand. "And I'll signal a second time when to trigger the mine." Ey flashes Ash again. "Vinny, let's go up front."

MOD goes to the radar console and checks the distance between the shuttle and its pursuers. Ey does one more quick calculation to make sure ey knows when to start phreaking out. Ey turns on the radio and adjusts it to the low end of the radio band, somewhere between 7000 and 7500 mhz. Let's see if this works... Ey then clears eir throat before letting out a slow off-kilter wavering drone. Ey watches the radar carefully, if the shuttles radar jams, ey knows that ey are blocking radar.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [19] = 19 ; 1d100: [5] = 5
Conditions: None.
HP: 35/35
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 42/42
P.P.E.: 155/155
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy)
M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
Ammo: 60/60 Shotgun shells.

Nurse Ratchet wrote:"I can clear the asteriod field as quickly as I can. That will take about 10 minutes. We can cast a spell and then make a bee-line at Mach 22 and reach MOD's shuttle in about 5 minutes. They can then take five minutes to board, and we can then decide to either fight or get away. I can also try a superluminal travel spell, of which it will take less than 5 seconds to get to where MOD are, but we are currently in system, and we might hit something on the way. We also will need about a minute to come to manageable speed. But it will buy us more time to prep. What are your opinions?"
Bert thinks for a moment. "Let's do the spell, I'd rather the captain be onboard when this all goes down." Bert says.
Nurse Ratchet wrote:"Per armaments, we have the 8 laser turrets that can also fire whatever kind of spells a tech wizard can program into them, albeit we don't have enough time for that. I also have a large particle cannon underneath. One of you can control the cannon, it can be controlled like a turret from any of the consoles, and we can put the laser turrets into two groups of 4. You have about 200 mile range with the particle cannon, and another 20 miles or so with the lasers. I also have an array of spells that I can cast that might prove to be helpful. And while you are firing, I can fly and try and keep us out of harms way."
"Hmmm. Bert vocalizes. "Pirates most likely, I can't fathom why the TGE would be out here." Bert says.
Nurse Ratchet wrote:"I can tell where MOD's shuttle is and where it is going, so I can focus the radio signal to a narrow enough beam so it wouldn't be as susceptible to jamming. Bert, Dr. White, what do I do?"
"Let's get moving, the faster we're there the faster we can figure out the next step." Bert says.
Zilch wrote:"Wake me when we get there." Then Zilch leans back in his seat, closes his eyes, and begins snoring softly.
Bert chuckles and nods. "I can do that bud," Bert says softly. At least he's my friend.
Dr. White wrote:”Are we gonna go for a ship to ship battle? Should I psionically link to a turret or something? Or is it a boarding action? I suppose we’ll find out when we get there. Oooooo, this is so exciting! Maybe they’ll have booty we can steal!"
Dr. White wrote:"I can use telemechanics to operate the ship’s weapons reasonably well, but we probably want a trained operator for the main gun. If we get close enough I can teleport over and cause some havoc on board. S’pose we should get the Cap’n first though. Absent any orders to the contrary White sets up at one of the weapons consoles but holds off on using telemechanics until they get closer to the enemy vessel."[/b]
Bert shrugs. "The weapon systems on this ship are interesting, so yeah it may be a good idea to have you at a gunnery station. I totally agree on getting the captain as well." Bert says, confirming with Dr. White.
Zilch wrote:"What kind of gun?"
"Well we have eight point defense guns and a main cannon, but that is fired from the Captain's chair." Bert answers.
Zilch wrote:"Much prefer you teleport me aboard that ship. I love visiting strange new ships. Meeting interesting people. And devouring them. And this time, it won't not our ship taking damage when the shooting starts."
Bert inwardly blanches at the thought of Zilch just eating people, but tries to not react. "May be what we do, it'll be up to the captain. The Reign of Death standard has a crew of six or eight and can hold up to fifty or sixty troopers, if I remember the old UWW briefings. And Grizzelbalck says it's modified, so who knows." Bert says.

"Either way we need to get there or we'll be picking some of the crew up with a vacuum." Bert says. MOD should be fine, if they hide in any case.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Zilch wrote: He decides to reassure the ship, "This won't be too hard Grizzelblak. The important thing is to relax."
Grizzelblak audibly makes a noise that audibly sounds like she was breathing out a long breath.

"Right. Thanks."

The airlock clamps themselves shut as the space moth disembarks from the asteriod. Pushing away gracefully, Grizzelblak's change in momentum can be felt by the ship's crew as she propels herself through the void of space via forces unknown. She takes a moment, as if to make sure the crew is properly strapped in. Then without warning, she accelerates briskly.

"Boys, strap in and don't black out on me."

Suddenly, view screens showing the torso of the Grizzelblak light up momentarily as a shimmering field surround Grizzelblak. The accelerometer starts climbing quickly as the crew suddenly the entire body press into their seats.

Steadying herself at a constant rate of acceleration of 85m/s^2, the speedometer climbs to steadily to Mach 10. It is a harrowing 40 seconds as Grizzelblak accelerates while she is navigate the asteriod field. Then without warning, the crew begin to regain their bearings. The acceleration has stopped and the crew can breathe easy again.

Within 10 minutes, she is out of the asteriod field. The hue of the mystical field around Grizzelblak changes color, and the accelerometer climbs again. This time however, the crew feel no discomfort. The sensation is much more comfortable this time. A quick gander at the aft view cameras show that Grizzelblak is enveloped by a faintly purple bubble, and it is leaving a comet like trail.

As suddenly as Grizzelblak streaks across the darkness of space, she comes to a gentle stop.

"We're here at the desired co-ordinates. MOD and eir shuttle are about 500 km away. At the Roach's current velocity, that's about 3 minutes! Do we let em know?"

On the Cockroach:

The shuttle radar lights up like a field of fireflies. A very large signal is emitted across the spectrum. MOD's spectrum emission is blanketing the reception spectrum specific to the radar's antenna faster than it can switch to alternate frequencies.

Vinny pilots the shuttle gingerly. Sensors are affected. However, she had already laid a course for the agreed upon destination with Bert and co. The shuttle is making a bee-line for the destination.

Ashrak dutifully awaits MOD's instructions at the back, at the ready to drop the concocted explosive device at a moments notice.

Out of a rear viewport, Ashrak notices a glowing speck moving against the darkness of the stars. It is getting larger and larger. Suddenly it seems to have slowed down momentarily to change course before accelerating again. Ashrak recognizes that the glow surrounding the growing object is the result from reflected light particles from colliding with a force field. He doesn't know exactly how far it is, but it is growing at an alarming rate. However, it does seem that MOD's electronic chicanery has bought the shuttle a few more minutes of valuable time.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll], [roll]1d100[/roll]
PER: [roll]1d100[/roll] vs. 75%

Conditions:
22m00s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise


White greets the massive acceleration with childlike glee. ”Oooohhhh… Booooyy!” He says, gasping and grinning like a maniac. When it’s over, White sounds almost disappointed as he says ”Thanks Griz!” Then he bellies up to one of the weapons stations on the bridge. Once the shuttler (and its pursuer) are nearby, White will try to use telemechanics to better control the ship’s weapons ((-10 ISP)). Brave new world! I should really learn how to do more on this ship. I think we’re gonna be friends!
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
485/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System Part 3

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [89] = 89
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [21] = 21 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.


Zilch, resident monster and self-proclaimed connoisseur of chaos, isn't fazed by the violent acceleration. His blue fur bristles with excitement, reveling in the teeth-rattling thrust. A sharp-toothed grin widens with each surge of power.

This is amazing!
Dr. White wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:35 pm ”Oooohhhh… Booooyy!”
Zilch agrees! "Oh I wish I could fly this fast!"

But alas the acceleration is fleeting. When Grizzelblak announces their victims are a mere three minutes away Zilch's grin morphs into a predatory snarl. His eyes glint with anticipation, his claws flexing as he hops out of his seat.

Alas a dilemma gnaws at him.

Do I join with the gunnery? Or is Dr White going to be teleporting us on board? Zilch lets out a throaty chuckle, wondering what Machine's plan is exactly.

"I crave the raw power of the guns, and the satisfaction of pulverizing metal and flesh. It is like I want my cake, and I want to eat it also!" He couldn't choose. He wouldn't choose. mmMMMmmm cake.

He looks to The Machine for direction. "Where do you want me?"
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 0/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”