[GA] Consequences

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Dark Lord
Posts: 1876
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

[GA] Consequences

Post by Dark Lord »

Consequences: Part 2
The sphincter-door slid closed behind M’yrel, and she finally allowed herself a smile beneath her armor. The gene-techs’ work was proceeding nicely, the UWW was as good as theirs, and their primary opponent had been dealt a devastating blow. The one sticking point was the loss of so many super-soldiers, but if the gene-techs succeeded in splicing the alien DNA from Axis that problem would be solved in future models. Her smile deepened. Do-gooders. So predictable.

”Good evening. This is Trix Watannabe with GNN. Whole sectors of the Three Galaxies have been blanketed in some sort of spatial interference that is jamming communications and most forms of phase-tech. For that reason we begin every nightly newscast with an update on what scientists are calling the Flash.

Some ten days ago, just short of 0600 galactic standard time, space ruptured on eight worlds located throughout the Three Galaxies. On seven of these eight worlds, the result was a massive, planet-cracking explosion. The aftermath has depleted magical energy reserves across dozens of other planets, mainly located within the United Worlds of Warlock, and resulted in the aforementioned spatial interference. The death toll is projected to break one trillion next week.

The one planet to survive the rupture more or less intact is Phase World. Eyewitnesses report that at the time of the Flash the entire city began glowing. Some sort of pulsing, sickly green light emanated from every Promethean-original structure in the city of Center before it was discharged through the top of the city. Phase World itself and most of the city was spared, but the energy itself was directed through the roof of the megalith- presumably by some sort of Promethean phase tech or ability. As a result the top of Center was blown off, and much of Level 1 has been devastated. The epicenter of the explosion was at the center of the level, and in addition to blowing the roof off the estate of Center’s First Citizen Thraxus was atomized. Mister Thraxus himself remains unaccounted for. Local economists are bearish on the local economic situation in the light of such a catastrophic destruction of wealth.

Then again, the Prometheans may be the lucky ones when all is said and done. The United Worlds of Warlock has been decimated by the Flash which destroyed Alfheim, Tempest, and Smithy in what some are calling a targeted attack. The Parliament of Worlds was in session at the time, meaning more than 90% of the UWW’s federal government is presumed dead- including King Silverlight and most of his family. The Sorcerer’s College, Elven Star Chamber, and Dwarven Guildmasters’ Council have all been similarly decimated. Coupled with the unprecedented decrease in magical strength throughout the bloc, many outside observers fear that these events mark the end of the UWW as a cohesive power bloc. Certainly its influence within the Three Galaxies will be substantially diminished. The one bright spot for the affected worlds is Mort Fingerling, who has taken charge of the evacuation and resupply efforts of the impacted worlds within the UWW thanks to a particularly resilient prototype magical transportation network. Fingerling and his organization have provided crucial leadership and coordination to the beleaguered remnants of the Warlock Marine Corps and the Armada, and his name is already being whispered in some corners as a potential replacement monarch. One thing that is clear, however, is that the UWW’s adversaries intend to fully take advantage of the tragedy. Many border worlds have declared independence from the UWW in the light of King Silverlight’s death, and all four Splugorth kingdoms as well as the Transgalactic Empire have launched sorties into the disputed territories. Slaver raids are also on the rise. In response, many ex-UWW and unaffiliated worlds have flooded the Consortium of Civilized Worlds with petitions for membership. Whether the CCW’s infamous bureaucracy is up to the task of facing a rapid increase in entanglements as well as several rising threats on multiple fronts simultaneously remains to be seen.

Two other noteworthy UWW members have also suffered calamity from the Flash. On the Norse world of New Midgard the explosion triggered the Norse Ragnarok, and even now the pantheon fights through its own personal end of days. The Midgard Serpent is presently consuming the remains of New Midgard, and many Norse worshippers are losing faith even as they answer the call to battle. Whether the Norse gods will be able to prevail and return to the galactic stage is far from certain, and their priests warn of other gods- or worse- who will take a renewed interest in the Three Galaxies without such a heavy Norse presence. Meanwhile, the explosion on Alexandria has reduced the True Atlantean population to its lowest levels since the fall of their motherland thousands of years ago. Legions of Undead Slayers, dimensional travelers, and champions of good have been recalled to aid in the humanitarian crisis. Lord Aerihza of Clan Aerihman is arguing for a new, unified Atlantean government to help coordinate aid to Alexandria and unite the Atlantean people for their own safety. Experts say that this could result in an inward turn for the Atlantean people, meaning fewer champions out and about.

The remaining two centers of the Flash were both located in territory controlled by the Free World Council- Axis IV at the pre-Flash front line, and Good Hope- the capital world of the rebellion. Whatever was keeping the Kreeghor fleet at bay in the Axis system was destroyed when the planet exploded, and while the Free World Council was caught off-guard the Kreeghor were not. After swiftly retaking the Axis system, the imperial armada immediately pressed on to conquer three rebel systems and threaten four others. The destruction of most of the FWC’s central government and command structure at Good Hope, to say nothing of the hit to morale, have caused the rebellion’s fortunes to plunge precipitously. Analysts predict that with current trends the Kreeghor will completely crush the rebellion by the end of the month; insiders at the CCW have pointedly refused to comment on the CAF’s response to rising Kreeghor belligerence.

The loss of life and amount of suffering caused by this calamity are incalculable. Many voices call out for an explanation, for justice. People Power has released video footage on their social media networks that they claim is from a facility located on Kron Omega showing a group of individuals led by a large horned deevil fleeing the facility after planting some sort of explosive device. Some of these individuals have been identified by our team of researchers as mercenaries operating under Citizen Thraxus, which begs the question- could he have been involved. But why? For now, at least, all we have are questions, and a whole bunch of outraged people. This group is currently wanted by the Promethean authorities for questioning and across 15 star systems in the UWW.”


That summation, or something like at, leads every news cast your last week on the ship. Teleporting back to Phase World works normally once you’re outside of the interference around Kron Omega, but a quick scan reveals that your usual parking spot has been destroyed along with much of Level 1. Thraxus emerges with his kitty-escort and is clearly impatient to get down there.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
User avatar
Talon
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Talon »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 /42%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [16] = 16

Active Effects:
None.

Talon ensures the ship is on course as he leaves the rest to the auto pilot. It's been a long day. I need a shower. Talon, after some rest, comes out to get a meal and see if they have gotten communications back up. Standing there with a bowl in hand he watches the broadcast. Talon freezes at the beginning of the broadcast, What? I thought we disabled the rifts? How were they effected...no... Talon is so fixed to the broadcast he doesn't notice the bowl shatter on the floor spilling the food over his boots. With each word Talon grows paler as his mouth hangs open. There's no way... Talon numbly drops into a seat, unable to remain standing, to listen to the remainder of the broadcast. Talon looks over anyone else in the room, They were so confidant. Unshakable. They knew what to do. While I was simply fumbling along in their wake. I had no idea what I was doing. Was that the cause? Could my inexperience with them had led them to overlook something? What did we do wrong? Talon, forgetting about the mess he left, heads to his room after the bombshell of a broadcast is finished.

Over the next few days Talon drives the dark thoughts from his head the same way he did when his family perished. He focuses on solving a problem set. Talon sits behind a computer and begin tracing out the events he was present for. Talon links together events and people and interactions. Talon includes things from the broadcast. Someone really knew how they think as a group. They must have had a lot of interaction in the past. The movements of other pieces after the Flash. Too coordinated. Almost predicted. A person with an immediate solution to a situation. The TGE jumping on the FWC. The call for our heads. What better way then to have the public get rid of your opposition for you. I don't have a why or who. But it fits. We were set up. Something tugs at Talons mind as if he should look at something in his own past with the same analytics, but he ignores it.

Talon brings several things to the group after a few days of research. "This was by no means comprehensive, but I tried to look through everything that happened and some of your history. Honestly it's the only thing I could do after hearing the news of what happened. I have a feeling we are being set up to take the fall for the "Flash". Looking at the data shows that several groups were poised to take advantage of the destruction in a way that indicates prior knowledge of disaster. Also the footage of us leaving the area was carefully planned. With the communications disruption it should have been impossible for the footage to leak out. So it was taken deliberately to ensure we were ultimately identified as the culprits. It also shows, who ever put this together had a lot of information on how we work as a group. Things like our habits and decision making. What triggers will get us to move one in a direction that benefits our adversary. While we were winning the fight on the planet, the enemy retreated. Their retreat, in hindsight, basically ensured we had enough time to devise a plan to pop the last stabilizer, all but guaranteeing the result we got. If they had continued the fight we likely would never had made it to the last stabilizer in time, or with a good safety margin. So I assess the transformation bit, while likely still a threat, was a smoke screen to get us to destroy all the stabilizers. I think someone was counting on us not risking anyone but the planet we were on. Talon looks down in frustration, "Feels like we were lead around by the nose while out there. He looks up to see if the information is being received, "So I have no idea what to do with this information. It is really just speculation based on the information at hand, but it does logically explain everything that happened. Now, I just joined up with you so I know I don't have all the data points, but even if the evidence is there to support us, I very much doubt the court of public opinion will find us anything but guilty. We will be on the chopping block as a sacrifice to the masses that will undoubtedly call for our literal heads. Talon looks around concerned, "So...What do we do now?"
Talon

Personal MDC: 145
SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /52%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [69] = 69
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 249/249
Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
Weapons & Armor
Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
Integrated Force Field: 75/75
Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
Phase Sword
Ripper Bayonet
A Variety of explosives.


Ghast slumps in the chair when he hears the news. We failed... We failed so many people. Ghast thinks morosely. Now they're gonna hunt for us... which means the... I won't go back. Ghast thinks angrily. Ghast half pays attention to Talon as he speaks, his mind in some dark spaces.

"Why don't we use the time relic, like that one lady did." Ghast asks. "Because turning ourselves in is not an option for me... There are some very bad folk who would love to reacquire me, and I am not going back." Ghast adds, giving a bit of personal motivation.
“We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
Ghast
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Consequences

Post by Metri »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [59] = 59 | 67%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | d%: [87] = 87 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
    • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [76] = 76 | 86%.
    • Track by psychic scent: d%: [43] = 43 | 95%.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [8] = 8 | 97%.
  • Sense Life. 300ft.
PPE: 171/171
ISP: 275/275
Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
MDC: 73/73
MTB1_PPE: 180/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
SoE_PPE: 80/80
WoS_PPE: 40/40
Saving Throw Bonuses
+1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
Coma/Death: +4%
Magic (varies): +1
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+2 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
+1 vs Poison and Disease
Conditions


    Ten days is like an eternity for the diminutive mystic as he is forced to come to grips with the consequences of his actions. His troubled attempts at meditation are a chaotic medley of warding off the voices of the dead while trying to review how they were so thoroughly duped into playing the patsy in their enemies' grand plan.

    As media coverage of the Flash comes out, with Mort Fingerling miraculously prepared to render aid to the downtrodden, Metri can't help but conclude that this was their enemies' play for power. They managed to simultaneously eliminate those at the pinnacle of their power and stepped into the power vacuum to become the saviors of those who remained.

    Dark thoughts of vengeance intrude like whispers of temptation in the Yhabbayar's mind. He is forced to lock those thoughts away in the recesses of his mind, unable to fully banish them with the wound of his failures still so fresh.

    I must fortify myself for the difficult road ahead. The path will not be clear. Temptation to compromise will be ever present. But the long walk of redemption is how I must move forward. Metri promises himself.
    Talon wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:35 am"So...What do we do now?"
    "Atonement," Metri states matter-of-factly, "For our mistake.".

    Then, pointing a tridactyl finger in Thraxus' direction. "Returned to Center, Thraxus must be. A choice, he will make on whether to reveal himself or rally his resources in secret."

    Gesturing at the media reports, he continues, "Clear it is, our voice alone will not absolve us, hmm. Thraxus, maybe. At his discretion. But surrender to authorities only delay and give our enemies time to strengthen their position, it does."

    With a clenched fist and emotions bordering on anger, wholly unfamiliar and somewhat terrifying coming from the diminutive Yhabbayar, he practically spits out, "Mort Fingerling, a savior he is not. But strong his position currently is. A frontal assault by us, only bolster his leadership credentials will."

    Sighing in resignation, "So left we are with atonement, yesss." Referring again to the media reports, Metri clarifies, "From the disasters created through our actions, choose we must. Fix, that which we broke."

    Seemingly he seems to have an idea in his mind about where he believes the Adventurers should go next and he quickly shares it, "Small in force we are. Efficient in our time and energy, we must be. The greatest impact, in New Midgaard, to hold back the tide of end of days, I think we should travel. Unlikely to turn down our offer to aid, they would. If successful, powerful bonds of friendship we could forge, yesss."
    User avatar
    Talon
    Posts: 35
    Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Talon »

    **Rolls Held Over**
    Metri wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:44 pm
    "Atonement," Metri states matter-of-factly, "For our mistake.".

    Then, pointing a tridactyl finger in Thraxus' direction. "Returned to Center, Thraxus must be. A choice, he will make on whether to reveal himself or rally his resources in secret."

    Gesturing at the media reports, he continues, "Clear it is, our voice alone will not absolve us, hmm. Thraxus, maybe. At his discretion. But surrender to authorities only delay and give our enemies time to strengthen their position, it does."

    With a clenched fist and emotions bordering on anger, wholly unfamiliar and somewhat terrifying coming from the diminutive Yhabbayar, he practically spits out, "Mort Fingerling, a savior he is not. But strong his position currently is. A frontal assault by us, only bolster his leadership credentials will."

    Sighing in resignation, "So left we are with atonement, yesss." Referring again to the media reports, Metri clarifies, "From the disasters created through our actions, choose we must. Fix, that which we broke."

    Seemingly he seems to have an idea in his mind about where he believes the Adventurers should go next and he quickly shares it, "Small in force we are. Efficient in our time and energy, we must be. The greatest impact, in New Midgaard, to hold back the tide of end of days, I think we should travel. Unlikely to turn down our offer to aid, they would. If successful, powerful bonds of friendship we could forge, yesss."
    Talon listens to Metri but kind of tilts his head at a few of Metri's points. Too predictable. His points are valid and likely what we 'should' do but this feels like the big leagues of set ups. I've seen a few good cases while I was working for the precinct. Still it's hard to get my head around how many people died. I don't know if I can handle actually traveling to the places of devastation. I bet there are already things in place if we follow Metri's ideas. It seems like something they would do. Even if not. If we are identified as the cause of the issues and show up on one of the worlds that was hit...no way we're walking away from that. Even if we are there to help. There's only what eight of us? Powerful sure, but not to be missed in a large scale engagement. Much easier to string us up. Talon does not keep the worry from his face as Metri speaks. When he is finished, Talon give voice to his concerns.
    I think I get where you are coming from Metri. And I don't want to sound like I'm making light of anything that happened. I agree that Thraxus should be sent back to Phase World. It will be up to him if he wishes to continue supporting us. I only know what I've been able to read, but you seem like an influential person. I believe though that influence may be impacted by events. However, I don't think traveling to any of the impacted worlds would be a good idea. Talon lets that hang in the air a moment, "Let me explain. I used to work with one of the main police precincts on Seeron. I was party to many a case involving setup and frame jobs. This has all the classic hallmarks of a setup, but at a much grander scale. Taking that into account our adversary has to anticipate our kneejerk response to immediately attempt to assist the broken worlds. Also, While we may be powerful, we are only eight people. It's very likely any of the effected worlds would string us up the second we got there. Remember they are operating off raw emotion right now. People don't think well in those situations. The mob mentality would likely overwhelm us no matter how well intentioned we are." Talon looks apologetically at Metri, "I'm sorry but I don't think Atonement is going to be possible in the way you think it will be. And is that really atonement? Wouldn't it be better to expose the truth? We can't do that if we are dead, captured, or acting as a shield."

    Talon looks around and takes a breath as he prepares to offer an unpopular idea to the group, "I recommend we go to ground. Our adversaries have been working in the shadows. However now they are going to be coming into the light as their plan's are coming to fruition. If we now take to the shadows and work from there we will have the chance to expose the truth. If we trade places with our adversaries then we would now be operating out of the bounds of their predictions. Allowing for them to believe we decided to hide in shame. All the while working in the shadows to gather information and evidence. Ghast mentioned a 'Time Relic' to alter the past. I'm not going to even pretend to understand that. However if we are to use that and try to fix the past, we must know how our adversaries were able to predict our movements and actions. We need to find where we began to operate as a part of their plan. I don't think we can do that from the past. We need to be here in the present to find that answer. Even if we don't use the time relic we still need that evidence to expose the true culprits. Talon looks around to see how his position has been taken by the rest of the crew.
    "If we do this we're going to need to break from our current lives. New ship, names, documents, weapons, armor, even how we operate. We'll have to basically be in deep cover to break this and get ourselves exonerated. Talon shakes his head, "I know it sounds extreme, but I really don't see another way out of this where we aren't strung up for something we didn't do.
    Talon

    Personal MDC: 145
    SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 131
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 | 27%
    JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [59] = 59

    Post
    The news hits everyone differently, but especially so in Draggor's case, afterall, even without this crisis, there's a chance the creature would have outlived all of the victims' natural lives and their subsequent generations anyway. But in the face of this commitment to being a hero, it's hard to not feel beaten, it's hard to not want to take all of this out on Thraxus. We should change the nature of the working relationship with Thraxus. Yes, he should report to us now... Those are the more polite thoughts.
    This group is currently wanted by the Promethean authorities for questioning and across 15 start systems in the UWW.
    We tried to tell you it was too good to be true...
    The sentiment fills the creature at every waking moment. The time with the Galactic Adventurers has been nothing like any past life, and yet it is seemingly cut short: either going underground, and on the run again, or face imprisonment, or likely worse, by "doing the right thing". We are not captured, or on the run yet. This is not... over. Instead of lashing out at the idea of being set up, they make use of their renewed ability to read, and scour any and all reports to identify the 15 star systems the GA are going to need to avoid. Anyone walking by their room might even overhear them talking out loud, almost as if practicing what they're going to say.
    Ghast wrote: "Why don't we use the time relic, like that one lady did." Ghast asks. "Because turning ourselves in is not an option for me... There are some very bad folk who would love to reacquire me, and I am not going back." Ghast adds, giving a bit of personal motivation.
    "We agree with Ghast, will NOT be captured." Weakness still plagues most of the group, but that still doesn't stop a flash of intensity in the alien's eyes. Draggor pauses, takes a breath, and attempts to expand on their position. "This was done to us. Too many coincidences. Said their mission was to use tragedy to enter new age. Maybe different than planned, but if we did nothing, this," the creature motions to a screen with one of many reports highlighting the massive casualties, "always happens. We did them a favor," this time pointing at the footage of us leaving the building. "And, they had this, and must have sent it out before The Flash." The more Draggor speaks, the smoother it gets, and practically transforms into someone else speaking: they must have been part of some kind of formal SITREP style discussions before.

    As for Talon and Metri going back and forth, the creature listens intently, but visibly frowns at the notion of going to any of these affected worlds (presuming they are in the 15 where we are wanted). "Metri, atonement is for those who put us here. You have helped us, me. Your role, our role, as Talon says: do only as we can. Need to learn more, much, much more. About Mort. About The Flash. Time Relic. The weakness. And why up until now, we have been game pieces."
    Talon wrote:"If we do this we're going to need to break from our current lives. New ship, names, documents, weapons, armor, even how we operate. We'll have to basically be in deep cover to break this and get ourselves exonerated. Talon shakes his head, "I know it sounds extreme, but I really don't see another way out of this where we aren't strung up for something we didn't do.
    "We can't abandon Datephus, but the rest, yes." Draggor says Datephus the way they would any member of the GA. This is not just a new home, but certainly part of the crew itself. Once more motioning to footage of us, "How to hide? Calling me a Deevil, not correct, but doesn't matter? Stand out where we go." For hashing out possibilities of where we even could go, Draggor asks the ship, "Datephus, what worlds are we both unwanted, and don't have any treaties with the ones where we are?"
    Draggor | Ledger
    M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89

    Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
    Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

    Events of Note
    User avatar
    Chef Icky
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 445
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Chef Icky »

    Perception: 1d100<61: [57*] = 1
    JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [73] = 73

    When the news mass cataclysm devastating multiple worlds reaches the ship, Icky goes into a near-catatonic state. He says very little to anyone (if he even says anything at all) and only minimally engages in any tasks. To an outside observer it’s almost as if the shock of the news has caused his conscious brain to effectively shut down and his body is operating on sheer autopilot. The truth, however, is far worse than that.

    Icky finds himself trapped in his memories of discovering the burned-out ruins of the UWW consulate in the aftermath of the demon invasion on Center. It is a mental prison from which he cannot extract himself – the smashed furniture, the mostly-unrecognizable corpses (including many dead bodies of his fellow Marines), Third Secretary Eripon’s desperate video message – all repeating in his mind in all-too-vivid clarity. And what makes it all the more unbearable is the knowledge that it’s his fault. Not solely, and not directly, but there’s no denying the blood that Icky sees on his hands. And if the carnage at the consulate was enough to bring him to tears, then how much more overwhelming can it be to know that now he has the additional blood of trillions of innocents whose only crime was being on the wrong planet at the wrong time?

    Most of the time he walks around in this shell-shocked state – or more accurately, he sits on a crate in the cargo bay staring at Sarge’s inert frame. We failed them, he thinks to himself. No, not ‘we’ my friend -- _I_ failed them again. I brought destruction down on everyone’s heads because I thought I was doing the right thing. Only this time it wasn’t just one building but almost the whole United Worlds of Warlock. It would have been kinder, I guess, if the failsafe had kicked in and killed us both. But either they disabled it when they worked you over, or the fact we didn’t know what we were doing kept it from triggering. So what are we going to do, old friend?

    His eyes drift down to the faded serpent tattoo on Sarge’s forearm, and for the first time in what seems like an eternity his mind is clear. That’s it. The relic. If that Haad witch was able to reverse the timestream multiple times, then why can’t I get myself back to the moment before we blow that last stabilizer and stop it from happening?

    He heads up to where the others are gathered and reaches the conversation in progress. Figures that they’d already have that idea. Lord Dionysus, if you’re listening, please give me the strength to follow this idea through.

    He clears his throat. “Alright… ya can forget ‘bout atonement in da here an’ now. We got set up way too nicely ta be able ta do anythin’ ‘bout it goin’ forward. But da way I see it we got a chance ta make everything right. It ain’t a big chance, but I’ll never be able ta look meself in da mirror until I take it. Oi ya, we use da time relic like Haad was doin’ on Axis-5… only we don’t use it ta reverse da whole Three Galaxies, we send ourselves back ta somehow stop our past selves from fraggin’ dat last stabilizer. Only problem is, I can’t do it on me own. I’m gonna have ta wake it up wit’ da help o’ dat deevil nappin’ inside Sarge. An’ fer dat I’m probably gonna have ta have a chat wit’ dat Corwin Decker goob.” And probably offer him my soul for his help, he adds to himself. Assuming he’s even still alive…

    “So yeah, da DSM makes port anywhere within sniffin’ range o’ Phase World an’ da game’s over. I’ll load up Sarge, Alison an’ Thraxus in da Star Ghost an’ drop ‘em off at a space station in orbit. Den it’s parts unknown fer yers truly until I can level up dat relic an’ get back to ya – wherever ya are.”

    He looks over at Thraxus (assuming he’s present; otherwise he’ll ask him privately) and adds “Boss man, if ya got a preference fer destinations just lemme know. An' I hate ta ask this… but could ya please make sure Lil’ Britches ‘ere gets ta (he gives the matron’s name and location)? I asked her ta keep a spot open for her should stuff get fecal.” He feels a tug on his pants and looks down at Alison already with tears in her eyes. “I don’t like it either, kiddo…” he gets down on his knee. “But from ‘ere on out, we’re likely gonna wind up dead or wishin’ we were. Dis way ya get a chance ta grow up wit’ other kids yer age, an’ maybe get ta be part o’ a new family dat loves ya. Just think o’ yer Papa Icky every once in a while, okay?” He gives her a hug – barely holding back his own tears – before standing up with her cradled in one arm and fishing a credit card out of his pocket that he hands to Thraxus. “Oi, take dis. If ya need some ready cash ta get back ta Center, use it an' please give da rest to da matron lady. It should be enough ta tide her over fer a good while.” ((OOC: handing over the Secure Universal Card: 2,000,000 credits from his character sheet))

    He turns back to the others. “Alright, ya mugs, let’s not waste time wit’ tearful farewells. Just promise me ya won’t get yerselves killed an’ I’ll do da same. When da time’s right I’ll be in touch; if yer wit’ me in tryin’ ta undo all dis, groovy… if not, den, I’ll do it meself an’ hope ta see ya in da next life. Either way it’s been an’ honor an’ a pleasure ta crack skulls an’ do big hero stuff wit’ da lot o’ ya.” He pulls out his Phase Beamer and hands it to Exe. “’Ere ya go, kiddo. Dis lil’ heirloom used ta belong to a Promethean named Jeggo. It got handed off to me, den to some others, but it’s always made its way back to me. Now it’s yer turn, an’ ‘ere’s hopin’ it’ll make its way back once again. Until then, looks like ya could use da extra firepower.”

    He turns and leaves for his/Alison’s cabins to pack up and load up the Star Ghost. “Oi, Datephus, all dat goes fer ya too…” he says as he walks out. “Take care o’ 'em, willya?”
    Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
    Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


    ------------------------------

    - Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
    - Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
    - Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
    - Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
    User avatar
    Exe
    Posts: 103
    Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Exe »

    Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /42%
    JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [32] = 32

    Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

    MDC: 152/152
    PPE: 291/291
    ISP: 60/60
    Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110
    | See Invisible [5min] | Alter Aura [5hr] | Invisibility Simple [15min |-9 Tohit] | Armor of Ithan [POPS] | Forcefield [110/110] | Magic Fire/Lightning/Cold do half] | Fly [24min |35MPH |1,000ftmax |

    Skills:

    Post:

    Exe doesn't make for the bridge or the cargo hold, instead he makes straight for his room where his faithful friend rests. Exe rushes towards the lightning eagle and wraps an arm around his neck, Exe visibly out of breathe. "Why'd we even come here. Why am I even with these crazy people!?" Exe muffled screams into his familiar, not expecting an answer as he hears the door close behind him as the others take the ship off.

    Exe is rather traumatized from the ordeal and stays in his room for most of the four days that communications are down, randomly appearing with disheveled hair, a flat expression and the grunt of a teenager not wanting to talk to his family. On day 3, Exe works up enough mental capacity to begin looking at his spell notes again, still not talking to anyone really; not wanting to try explaining, or listening to what people think happened. Instead he starts working on a new magical project. "So, Cherry Bomb is awesome, but not great for offense... I wonder, take an Orb of Cold and weave a bolt of fire within it; it hits and suddenly someone's frozen so bad it burns them hehehe... Or maybe something with lightning..." Exe's musings take over until the fourth day when communications come up and the bad news rolls in.

    To say Exe is okay after the news would be a grave understatement.

    Matthew stands stoically at the doors arch while Exe refuses to leave, the teenage demigod also hiding away in his room for a good long while amid the reported destruction and chaos. "This is another lesson you need to learn; failure and loss. Due in no small part due to ego and a lack of patience. You move too fast, you make mistakes, lives are lost. But you don't give up, you learn and become better. Lest Chaos Wins." The ariel begins a customary lecture while the rest of the team take the ship into orbit and away. Exe glad only that he waited until the door shut to begin the lecture and not infront of everyone else. Exe audibly groans and shakes his head against Corus' feathers.

    "Oh, yeah, I'm sure we can just bounce back from this. It. Is. Chaos!" Exe snaps back, turning and looking at the Ariel. "What about you, ever seen such a catastrophic failure from people trying to HELP!? What am I supposed to do, as far as the whole galaxy is concerned, we're hunted assassins. Bad guys must've framed us." Exe practically yells, before his voice falling. The ariel remaining calm and silent until the teenager finishes before nodding.

    "Evil often counts on good being manipulatable. The moment you give up is the moment the battle is over and they've won. So don't let them win, and don't hide in your room." Matthew retorts. Causing Exe to look back up at the ariel with a grimace that softens to a sigh.

    "Yeah, easy for you to say." Exe mutters, walking past the Ariel to see what everyone else is doing, grabbing his painted helmet and putting it on before seeing anyone.

    ====================

    Exe finds a doorway to lean in and listen into the greater discussion, his sour expression hidden behind his helmet. Shows what I get for following what the adults say. Maybe Sandshrew is right, I should start being more proactive... maybe this is why I'm here. Stop these guys from being a black hole wherever they go. Exe ponders to himself, genuinely having lost some faith in his companions.

    "Atonement? Run and Hide?! What about stop it from happening ever again!? What about hunt down the ones actually responsible for this. Find them, clear our names, bring actual justice to the bad guys. That's atonement. " Exe snaps from his helmet, agreeing more with Talon than Metri, the teenager's anger beginning to flourish at the loss of life without recourse.
    Icky wrote:’Ere ya go, kiddo. Dis lil’ heirloom used ta belong to a Promethean named Jeggo. It got handed off to me, den to some others, but it’s always made its way back to me. Now it’s yer turn, an’ ‘ere’s hopin’ it’ll make its way back once again. Until then, looks like ya could use da extra firepower.”
    Exe takes the heavy phase beamer from Icky with a confused look as the large teammate bids his plans and intended farewells. "Well, I'll hold onto it til you get back, then." Exe answers, pausing, his head in the helmet tilting. "... or when we get back?" He ponders aloud as he thinks about Icky's plan before nodding.

    "Okay, so while he does that. We find out who benefited from what happened the most. I'm still not even sure who the bad guy is..." He pauses again. "We gotta leave Phase World though. Go somewhere they won't recognize the ship. I'm not surrendering to the 'law' while they blame us and don't track down the actual ones responsible." Exe finishes, crossing his arms.
    Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

    Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 309
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [39] = 0
    JiC 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [55] = 55

    Armor
    Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated twice) 100/100
    NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor (black and gold)
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet: 60
    • Arms: 50 each
    • Legs: 60 each
    • Main Body: 48/140
    Teal bowling shirt
    Cargo shorts
    Action sandals
    HPC bracelet

    Weapons
    Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)
    NE-200 Plasma Cartridge Machine-Gun 17/40 (one spare magazine)

    The return trip to Phase World is grim. Unlike on previous flights, Juan is not particularly chatty. He has lost his magnificence. While he is still a god, he feels less almighty. And he is not alone, some of the other team members are equally depleted. Juan cannot console them, making him feel even less deific. Come on Jonny, you've been in worse situations before.* At least his link with his sister is still intact (this time). You've never been responsible for this much carnage across the Three Galaxies, but at least you are not in immediate bodily harm. Not helping. Oh, how can I? I've lost some of my divine spark.

    The Wandering God spends his days brooding in his quarters, only fixated on revenge. He doesn't know who; Mort Fingerling, like Haad before him, is a pawn for a much larger conspiracy. Juan will find them; he doesn't know how. The Galactic Adventurers are the face for the Flash, the single most devastating calamity to hit the Three Galaxies since the Minion Wars (which they are also closely tied to); Juan doesn't care because his only goal is to find them. He is only shaken out of this unnatural fixation when Talon calls a meeting.
    Urqos Talon wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:35 am"This was by no means comprehensive, but... what do we do now?"
    Sage Metri wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:44 pm"Atonement for our mistake... we could forge, yesss."
    The idea of contrition bristles against the Wandering God's very nature, even diminished. I am still infallible. But he doesn't say anything, instead brooding on just how dire things were. Thankfully, Talon chimes in with a plan that is more in line with Juan's rage.
    Urqos Talon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:26 pm"I think I get where you are coming from Metri... it sounds extreme, but I really don't see another way out of this where we aren't strung up for something we didn't do."
    Juan gives a terse nod, "The Three Galaxies is large enough to disappear into. We can lay low until we have found a way to undo this mess."
    Priest Icky wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:01 am"Alright… ya can forget ‘bout atonement in da here an’ now... looks like ya could use da extra firepower."
    Juan has had many opportunities to marvel at the brave urqos of the Galactic Adventurers. Icky's decision to strike out on his own is one just one more instance. Juan puts his large hand on the minotaur's shoulder and with a sad smile says, "Priest, you are going on a dangerous journey. You have a strength that comes from something beyond Dionysius' blessing, and you will need it. If we can't undo this, surely you will."

    Never though I'd see the day that a god would pray to a priest. But he would be the one.

    Once Icky has left the ship, Juan looks at the remaining Adventurers. "So where do we want to hide out? We can always go back to Yaya. I might even be welcomed back a hero for doing something as epic as starting Ragnarok." HELL FUXING NO YOU AREN'T! YOU'VE BROUGHT A LOT OF STUPID FUXING MESSES BACK HOME, BUT YOU ARE NOT BRINGING ANOTHER DEMON APOCALYPSE TO MY PLEASURE TOWER! Ok, maybe send me the hot blonde urqos and the Draggor BUT YOU BETTER SAVE THE THREE GALAXIES BEFORE YOU COME BACK! "Or maybe we go to the Thundercloud Galaxy? Whenever I need to lay low for a few years, I find a sparsely populated planet and just live off the land. We do need to find a place to set up base."
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Exe
    Posts: 103
    Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Exe »

    Exe wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:42 pm Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /42%
    JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [32] = 32

    Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

    MDC: 152/152
    PPE: 291/291
    ISP: 60/60
    Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110
    | See Invisible [5min] | Alter Aura [5hr] | Invisibility Simple [15min |-9 Tohit] | Armor of Ithan [POPS] | Forcefield [110/110] | Magic Fire/Lightning/Cold do half] | Fly [24min |35MPH |1,000ftmax |
    [Post]
    Juan wrote:"The Three Galaxies is large enough to disappear into. We can lay low until we have found a way to undo this mess."
    Exe blinks. He wants to run too?! Exe shakes his head as his fellow deific ignores him. "Um--" He tries but stops in a mix of frustration and apprehension. I-I-I-I can't. We can't just let this be the new order. We can't hide and give them even more time to do even more evil on countless innocents... I... My mom would never forgive me. Exe struggles in his head, perhaps for the first time in a long while, drawing memories of his Champion mother. Exe's eyes go near funnel vision as he stares at Juan while the godling talks, Exe's head practically spinning as he tries to focus. Exe latches on to the last comment.
    Juan wrote:"Or maybe we go to the Thundercloud Galaxy? Whenever I need to lay low for a few years, I find a sparsely populated planet and just live off the land. We do need to find a place to set up base."
    Exe is squinting his eyes at the godling who has completely ignored him. Exe's cheeks flush as his nose scrunchies and those nearby might actually feel heat radiating off the emotionally damaged teenage demigod. "W-W-WHAT?!" Exe practically snaps, stumbling at first before loosing his breathe in near hyper-ventilating angst. "Hide out? What about all the people who will suffer and die because of what we did while we hide out? There isn't time to hide out." Exe exclaims, the teenager's inner turmoil pouring out. "We broke this. We don't get to take a break!" Exe then challenges, standing shorter than everyone except Metri, Exe's fists clenched and his breathing heavy as he tries calming down.

    Anyone who's looking might notice the large and concerned head of Corus the Lightning Eagle peaking into the room, investigating his friend's turmoil.
    Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

    Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 567
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [13] = 13 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [55] = 55

    Andra Sekona watches the broadcast from his quarters and find himself immobilized with guilt. Lying in his bed for days, he is buried in his thoughts.

    We failed. We tried to save everyone from the enemy and they were two steps ahead. And now he's in line for the throne of the UWW. We played right into his hands and one trillion innocent galactic citizens paid the price. We should hang it up. Dock the ship. Turn ourselves in. Maybe the Shield of Seeron in shackles will begin to bring some peace to those who are left.

    Sitting in the dark in his quarters, Starchief's iron will has been overwhelmed. News of the team under his leadership having destroyed planets that would have been demonically transformed but otherwise whole wracks his conscience. On the second day, while wallowing in self pity, he notices a familiar glow emanating from the sword rack in his room.

    Andra. Starchief. Listen to me. When the chips are down, when the odds are against you, you don't ever give up. That's when you shove the truth so far up their evil butts they won't even think about another scheme for the rest of their days. You are a hero and heroes never say die. You wouldn't be with me if you weren't the best of the best. So get out there and show them what you're made of.

    Starchief looks up from his bed to his trusty rune sword, Champion, and feels his inner spirit begin to swell, rising to the impossible challenge set before him. Pulling his uniform shirt on, he picks up his sword and slings it over his back. You're right. They need guidance. They need a shield.

    Making an appearance on the bridge, Starchief stands tall and silent, listening to the various ideas thrown about. When Exe pipes up, Starchief places his hand on the kid's shoulder and says "We go after them when we've been villainized and they're touted as the good guys? Death sentence. As much as I hate to see him go, Icky's got the right idea. We need that time relic up and running so we can go back knowing what we know now. And Talon's also right, we need more intel. How have they been tracking us, how do they know us so well? If we can find where they have the footage of us during the battle, maybe we can find the unedited footage. Including Mort going on about trying to transform the universe into demons. Exe, I promise you, we won't rest until this is fixed. No breaks, just strategy. We have to use our brains because our hearts are what got us in this mess in the first place."

    "I've got an important question for you all. If we do manage to go back in time, what, exactly, will we do differently to prevent this from happening?"


    Before Icky takes off, Andra gives the big beef a supersoldiersized hug and says "Don't be long. It won't be the same around here without you."

    Consulting the ship, Andra asks "Datephus, where are some viable locations to hide out while we organize our counter attack?"
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Posts: 1876
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Dark Lord »

    Great, Now What?

    A few hours after your return to phase world those of you with magical, psionic, or supernatural capabilities ((MDC)) will feel them return to normal. Would that the emotional fallout from such an enormous tragedy banish itself so quickly. You all try to cope with what has happened in your own ways.

    Talon has a bit of a crisis of faith, and goes back to what he knows best- working the angles. The bounty hunter puts some pieces together, and while he doesn’t know about the three alien intelligences and their master plan several of you do. Those of you who’ve read the team’s records or who were at Thraxus’ dinner (or who ask Icky) can all get filled in. It is Talon who first articulates the question- what do you do now? Talon warns the group against setting out into the larger civilization of the Three Galaxies without at least getting new identities- a remedy that is unlikely to help some of them, as Draggor points out (after some less-than polite thoughts directed Thraxus’ way. Talon also suggests going to ground, to gather information and figure out next steps. To which Draggor agrees- their top priority is not being captured. The speedy release of video implicating the team does not go unnoticed, and upon inquiry Datephus lists several worlds within the UWW as well as Phase World itself as being places where the team is wanted.

    Metri has his own struggle with a wide range of dark thoughts, to say nothing of the post-trauma of sensing so many deaths at once. The Yhabbayar suggests a journey of atonement- starting with New Midgard. Juan, after some serious brooding, agrees with Talon and suggests a few places, all weeks (or months) away at conventional FTL. It is Ghast who first suggests using the time relic try to undo the past, and Icky is one of several who openly finds the idea attractive. Of you all, Icky probably takes the tragedy the hardest. It starts with some post-traumatic flashbacks to the aftermath of the Minion War, when he found the burned-out embassy and realized that he was responsible for it. The minotaur spent most of his free life in the UWW. Now, he’s effectively destroyed it and quite possibly handed the remains to the Darkest of Dark Covens. And on top of that, billions dead and millions more returned to bondage under the Splugorth. Even Allison is no solace during this time. Icky comes to two conclusions- first, he needs to do whatever it takes to fix this- even if that means pushing the time relic to its utmost. Second, he is in no position to raise a daughter.

    Exe and Starchief take it hard, too. Starchief is dark and depressed until a talking-to from Champion begins to pull him out of it. The teenager sulks in his quarters, fighting an intense mix of horror, upset, and guilt. He tries in vain to seek solace in his familiar, and argues with Matthew about it all. In the end, Exe is aghast at the idea of hiding out, and wants to do something- anything- other than hide out. Starchief tries to settle down Exe after an impassioned argument, and agrees with Icky’s plan. Icky offers to pilot the Star Ghost down to Phase World to offload Thraxus and Allison while the rest of you decide what to do. Thraxus is tight-lipped but when presented with the option through his closed door says ”Take me home.” in a tired voice. Icky loads Sarge into the shuttle first, and emerges later with a troubled look on his face. Next comes Thraxus (and cat), with a hooded cloak thrown over his head and his eyes downcast. Like a man in mourning. He ignores all of you and climbs smoothly into the shuttle. Finally Allison, who seems to sense what is going to happen and abjectly refuses to unwrap her arms from around Icky’s neck. She cries softly, and repeatedly asks where they’re going. Every non-answer from the minotaur just makes her squeeze harder. After a few final words (and giving his trusty phase beamer to young Exe)

    Datephus outlines your options. ”CALCULATING OPTIONS.
    FIRST, RETURN TO PHASE WORLD. PROMETHEANS FAMOUS FOR POLITICAL NEUTRALITY, NON-EXTRADITION STATUS. JUSTICE SYSTEM UNLIKELY TO SANCTION BASED ON CIRCUMSTANCIAL EVIDENCE. MAY BE OVERRULED BY SECOND-STAGERS. MODERATE RISK.

    SECOND, STEALTH RETURN. SHIP’S SYSTEMS SHOULD SUFFICE TO EVADE LONG-RANGE DETECTION. IN CONJUNCTION WITH TELEPORTER SYSTEMS SHOULD SUFFICE FOR UNOBSERVED LANDING AND DISEMBARKMENT OF PERSONNEL. REQUIRES CAREFUL PILOTING APPROACH TO AVOID MAJOR TRANSIT LANES. MODERATE RISK.

    THIRD, INTERSTELLAR SPACE. SHIP’S STEALTH SYSTEMS SHOULD SUFFICE TO EVADE DETECTION AT ALL BUT EXTREME CLOSE RANGE IN INTERSTELLAR SPACE. REQUIRES COURSE OUTSIDE OF MAJOR INTERSTELLAR SHIPPING LANES, DEACTIVATION OF FASTER THAN LIGHT ENGINES. LOW RISK.

    FOURTH, CHARIZOLON SYSTEM. STEALTH SYSTEMS SHOULD SUFFICE TO EVADE DETECTION BY TARLOK AUTHORITIES. PRIOR CREDENTIALS VOIDED DUE TO INCIDENT WITH LARGE WORM. HIGH RISK.

    FIFTH, TITANIS SYSTEM. TWO WEEKS AWAY AT MAXIMUM FTL. HOME OF HI INDUSTRIES. MODERATE RISK.

    SIXTH, WINDSCAPE SYSTEM. EDGE OF UWW TERRITORY. KNOWN HAVEN FOR INFORMATION BROKERS. MODERATE RISK.

    SEVENTH, MULTIPLE POLITICALLY NEUTRAL POTENTIAL HAVENS OUTSIDE OF CORKSCREW GALAXY. MINIMUM FOUR TO SIX WEEKS TRAVEL AT MAXIMUM FTL. LOW RISK.”


    After several hours of mulling it over (and/or sourly staring out the windows), Icky returns in the Star Ghost. The minotaur’s face is ashen- when asked about Allison, he simply says ”Da less said about dat, da better.” The girls traumatized, betrayed tears will haunt Icky every day for the rest of his life ((credits deducted)). He coughs awkwardly, ”Oh, and uh Big T says we’re fired. Shoulda seen that coming I guess. Not sure if he’s gonna skip town or off himself, but those’re looking like the top options last I checked. Now the good news.” He smiles humorlessly.

    ”Sarge was in a mood earlier so after the drop-offs he and I had a little powwow. I think I can wind us back. But I get the sense that I might not make the trip, myself, which means that you guys need to be going back with me. Now, I know yer gonna try to talk me outta this, but the fact is I was one of the ones insistin’ that we had to save everybody and led us all into the worst setup of our lives. I ain’t gonna be able to live with a trillion plus dead on my conscience, and that means I gotta take every Hail Mary I can get. So you let me know when you’re ready, and when you wanna go to. But, uh, the other thing is” he looks grim ”I… I was thinking about Allison and…” Icky blinks away a tear and his throat gets heavy for a second ”Well. I think pain makes the engine go. So, you wanna go back I think everybody’d better get comfortable paying a price. Something that’ll hurt. Don’t ask me more than that- I dunno.”

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 309
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [56] = 0
    JiC 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [32] = 32

    Armor
    Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
    Teal bowling shirt
    Cargo shorts
    Action sandals
    HPC bracelet

    Weapons
    Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)
    Exe wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:17 pm"W-W-WHAT?! Hide out? What about all the people who will suffer and die because of what we did while we hide out? There isn't time to hide out. We broke this. We don't get to take a break!"
    Juan sighs, remembering when he was only a century or two old and thought that he could single handedly save a planet. He looks at Exe sympathetically, and then gets down on one knee to look at Exe directly in the eye. "We are not taking a break, we need to regroup. Our enemies have succeeded in breaking the Three Galaxies, and they pinned it on us. If we are going to stop them, we need to have a clear plan going forward."

    When Ghast suggests using the time relic, Juan feels a certain qualm. The God of Travelers is all for modes of transportation and nearly any kind of voyage, except time travel. It's not just that his last foray into the time-space continuum was on Axis-5, there are so many ways that time travel can go horribly wrong. Even a thoughtless free-wheeling deity like Juan would give pause to consider the effects of altering the past, even the recent past. But if the priest is willing to risk it on his own, and if the chief is ready to follow, Juan must go with.
    Urqoschief wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:22 am"I've got an important question for you all. If we do manage to go back in time, what, exactly, will we do differently to prevent this from happening?"
    "At the very least, we would want to leave one of the rift stabilizers intact. That would mean deciding which planet we damn to Hades," Juan says tersely. I don't like giving anything to the demons. Guh. Don't lose the galaxy for a single star, Jonny. "But perhaps if we planned this right, we could prevent the Urqos Fingerer from starting the machine. Maybe even stop him from teleporting away."

    Icky's return doesn't offer any better news. Time travel seems even more inevitable, and less desirable. He clutches the amulet around his neck, knowing this is how he will venture to the past. Maybe this might take the edge off the trip. But things will hurt much more afterwards.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Metri
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 319
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Consequences

    Post by Metri »

    -----------------------------------
    Perception: d%: [89] = 89 | 67%
    JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 | d%: [15] = 15 %
    -----------------------------------
    Character Sheet
    • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
      • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [71] = 71 | 86%.
      • Track by psychic scent: d%: [1] = 1 | 95%.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [30] = 30 | 97%.
    • Sense Life. 300ft.
    PPE: 171/171
    ISP: 275/275
    Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
    MDC: 73/73
    MTB1_PPE: 180/180
    MTB2_PPE: 180/180
    MTB3_PPE: 180/180
    SoE_PPE: 80/80
    WoS_PPE: 40/40
    Saving Throw Bonuses
    +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
    Coma/Death: +4%
    Magic (varies): +1
    Lethal Poison (14+): +1
    Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
    Insanity (12+): +1
    Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
    +7 vs Possession
    +2 vs Despair
    +2 vs Horror Factor
    +2 vs Illusions
    +1 vs Poison and Disease
    Conditions


      Feeling as though he were being tossed about amidst a great tempest, the lifesaver he had given himself of 'atonement' was unanimously vetoed (albeit gently) by the rest of his teammates. They wanted to either hide or strike back. Both had benefits and disadvantages. Neither seemed to resonate within the Yhabbayar. But his mind was muddled. Distorted by the tremendous loss of life, unable to think clearly. In this time, he would need to lean on those around him for support and decision-making.

      And so, Metri nods along as the others say their piece. Their words coming in clearly sometimes, but muffled incoherent at others. It isn't until Icky's declaration of leaving that the present sharpens with painful clarity once more.
      Chef Icky wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:01 am“So yeah, da DSM makes port anywhere within sniffin’ range o’ Phase World an’ da game’s over. I’ll load up Sarge, Alison an’ Thraxus in da Star Ghost an’ drop ‘em off at a space station in orbit. Den it’s parts unknown fer yers truly until I can level up dat relic an’ get back to ya – wherever ya are.”
      "Leaving, you are, hmm?" Metri asks timidly, then inwardly closes his ears to Icky's response because he does not want to hear the truth of it repeated. Change. So much... sudden change. He remarks to himself with deep remorse. "Then see you again soon, I will. Yess." Metri states with as much courage as he can muster. His conviction is unconvincing. He gives the massive bovine a final hug before he departs. From the Yhabbayar's perspective, it is a tearful good-bye.
      Juan Echo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:02 pm
      Urqoschief wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:22 am"I've got an important question for you all. If we do manage to go back in time, what, exactly, will we do differently to prevent this from happening?"
      "At the very least, we would want to leave one of the rift stabilizers intact. That would mean deciding which planet we damn to Hades," Juan says tersely. I don't like giving anything to the demons. Guh. Don't lose the galaxy for a single star, Jonny. "But perhaps if we planned this right, we could prevent the Urqos Fingerer from starting the machine. Maybe even stop him from teleporting away."
      "Arrive to the central cavern sooner, we can. Know the way we do. If unable to stop Fingerer from escaping, more time we can spend investigating the device for other options. Maybe through the gateways we need to go, each through one. Destroy the anchors at the planets. And dimensional energy won't transmit to the planets." Metri snorts a short but heavy sigh. "If unable to prevent one trillion deaths a second time, a handful more, little difference will make. Stay we can to see it through and explore our options. Yess."
      TimeLord Icky wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:00 am"So you let me know when you’re ready, and when you wanna go to. But, uh, the other thing is” he looks grim ”I… I was thinking about Allison and…” Icky blinks away a tear and his throat gets heavy for a second ”Well. I think pain makes the engine go. So, you wanna go back I think everybody’d better get comfortable paying a price. Something that’ll hurt. Don’t ask me more than that- I dunno.”
      "Sooner we go, less time-bending required, yess? Think we go soon. Back to arrival on Kron Omega, a good time-point is." Metri states, "Pain, suffering, a consequence for mistakes made. Worth the price to balance trillions of lives lost. If unwilling others are, in full, willing to pay, I am."
      User avatar
      Draggor
      Posts: 131
      Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Draggor »

      Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 | 27%
      JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [8] = 8

      Post
      And so, we, the Argent Warriors pledge to walk in spite of the dying light, and if strong enough, dare to drag it with us.
      It's in no way a direct translation, and even if every past life of Draggor's had perfect memory, none of them could ever recall reciting it, not even the prototypical violent avatars that lived and fought for eons on end. Yet still, in their native tongue, like an echo, they carry these words, this feeling, with them through their tour of The Three Galaxies. How many cycles has this alien been on the run? For a creature desiring freedom, the universe continues to put that into jeopardy, so much that none of those previous lives know how to reconcile being public enemy number one at a galactic scale.

      And now here is Icky, one of the elder members of the team, laying out a dangerous, and quite frankly impossible plan, one which requires sacrifice with no promise of success or glory on the other side. We have to do... something. We'll be remembered for centuries as is! Centuries are still temporary. Do NOT do anything rash! Have to do SOMETHING! This line of thought could go on for an eternity: the pressing matter remains, should we go back, what do we do differently? If we're paying a price, how do we get return on the investment?
      Metri wrote:"Sooner we go, less time-bending required, yess? Think we go soon. Back to arrival on Kron Omega, a good time-point is."
      "If we know we fail right away, tighten loop? Less cost? How many loops did we survive from Haad? What price did Haad pay?" That last question echoes Haad referring to Draggor as a child and being young. How many linear cycles did she live in between the rest of life moving on? Will do as many loops as it takes... That's the type of thinking we need! Just don't overpay...

      "We agree to primary plan: prevent incident. But... if we can't. Must change which gate we leave open, can't destroy all. One world more resistant to demon transformation than others, yes?" One planet suffering a tragedy is just one planet. Don't let your team hear you think that. Juan would understand.
      Icky wrote:”Well. I think pain makes the engine go. So, you wanna go back I think everybody’d better get comfortable paying a price. Something that’ll hurt. Don’t ask me more than that- I dunno.”
      Many lives spent themselves on being passive, reactionary. Especially this current one, up until now. Now Draggor gets to choose, not just to be a hero, but just how far they're willing to go for it. Maybe it's time to live differently... NO!
      Draggor | Ledger
      M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
      P.P.E.: 89 / 89

      Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
      Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

      Events of Note
      User avatar
      Talon
      Posts: 35
      Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Talon »

      Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 /42%
      JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [44] = 44

      Active Effects:
      None.

      Talon does his best to take in all of the information and options coming from everyone. I'm really not comfortable with this time reversal thing. Feels like a pipe dream. I guess it does work as it sounds like they've encountered it before. Still none of this sits right with me. Why does it feel like this is our only option? Or maybe it's the only one they are considering. Even the search for information seems to be ancillary to fixing the past. Who doesn't have things they would like to change in the past? I don't think they are taking it lightly, but the way they are talking about changing the past is too casual for me. What is a "Painful" sacrifice anyway? Life? Said it's fueled by pain. If that were the case the tragedy which just befell the three galaxies should have given that thing so much power we could go where ever we wanted. Even so what are we going to do once we are there? I have only heard people talk about stopping the Finger guy. But I haven't heard 'how' we are supposed to do that. I don't see a way out of this. I have a feeling we aren't going to be able to fix this without more information...a lot more information. I still think our best bet is to alter ourselves become something different. Work for the enemy company to infiltrate it. Find the real people behind this. Then we can go back. I know steps we can take to do that. What can I do in the past. I couldn't even get the computers to work correctly for me. I can create AI, code, and make computers do damn near anything I want them to do. But that magical computer was so completely different. Damn it! I don't know what to do here.

      Talon sighs before he finds a place to enter the conversation, "Maybe It's because I haven't been with you guys very long, but I feel like most everyone is wanting to rush back as soon as possible to change the past to 'fix' the future. Maybe it's because I've never had access to that kind of power before, but it gives me pause when considering it. Much more then it seems the rest of you. I know my life was simple compared to yours, but I still don't see how going back will simply fix things. Even knowing what we know now. I feel it is frightening little and if we do go back without good information or a rock solid plan then...Well I'm assuming the toll is charged whether we get our desired outcome. It doesn't feel like this is something we can continue to do until we get it right."

      Talon pauses, "I get it. Stop Fingerling or whatever his name is from escaping. Great idea. Anyone have a solid idea on how to do that? His computers are another avenue to pursue. But I will say that if there was something there to find, I would have found it. All the computers in the facility were tied to the servers that was pumping out the demonization spell thing. That's why I came back looking like I did. I was able to get passed all the companies firewalls and direct into the system. But then when I tried the same thing while in the building it didn't seem to work. I can write code all day but the computers were a hybrid of magical and normal components. I have never encountered that before and I think that's why my code didn't work as it should have."

      Talon takes a second as he feels a little frustrated. "Look if we do go back we need to try and prevent the rifts from even coming on line. I feel things will get out of hand again if we can't do that. Our adversary clearly prepped the battlefield for us. If we can get there before the connections are established we should be able to prevent the Flash, and hopefully have enough infrastructure left to get our answers about the people truly behind this."

      Talon looks down for a moment, "I get that I'm the new guy. I'm just trying to get this to all make sense to me. I mean really. I had no idea what we were even doing on the planet in the first place. Look all I'm saying is I don't understand this time travel stuff. I still think we should take the opportunity to really dig into everything in our current time. I mean, I was initially trying to propose we gain employment through Fingerling's company as a different group as a way to infiltrate it. But that seems like it would take more time then we are willing to give to bare fruit." Talon leans back in his chair and folds his hands together in his lap. "So. Let me know which course you want plotted and I'll fly us there. Seems to be the only good I've been able to so far." Talon's tone is a little bitter as he looks a little defeated as if he doesn't feel as if his point was delivered correctly.
      Talon

      Personal MDC: 145
      SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
      User avatar
      Exe
      Posts: 103
      Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Exe »

      Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 /42%
      JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [96] = 96

      Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Sense Dimensional Vortex | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | Sixth Sense [Inactive] |

      MDC: 152/152
      PPE: 291/291
      ISP: 60/60
      Personal FF, Deactivated: 110/110


      [Skills]
      Lore, Magic: 1d100: [62] = 62 /81% [Using the Space Magic Spell "Block/Seal against Teleportation/Mystic Portal" against Fingerling as he attempts escape]

      [Post]
      "I've got an important question for you all. If we do manage to go back in time, what, exactly, will we do differently to prevent this from happening?"
      "But perhaps if we planned this right, we could prevent the Urqos Fingerer from starting the machine. Maybe even stop him from teleporting away."
      Exe hides behind his helmet, his face tense and cheeks flushed as he huffs; he's not even sure why he's mad. At first he ignores the others as they try to calm him, his hearing almost deafened like he is zoned out, staring at a piece of the bulkhead. He comes back at the mention from Starchief and Juan with a blink, a shake of his head followed by an audible groan. "He teleported? Seriously?" Exe growls beneath his helmet. He... TELEPORTED AWAY!? While I was wasting time upstairs, he ran away and we let the galaxy crack. I... Hmm... Exe stands, taking off his helmet.

      "I have an idea..." Exe pauses, wincing. How the Hel do I explain this... Exe ponders briefly. "Um, well. If I can get close enough to him, I can stop him from teleporting away." Exe admits. "We go back and I can keep him grounded while you take him out." Exe says, blinking and looking confused as he finished his sentence. "Er, stop him." He corrects himself.

      To Talon, Exe nods. "We wouldn't have had time to infiltrate the pyramid. It was happening whether we were there or not, we just couldn't stop it... but we might be able to fix it. We didn't work together the first time and that was our mistake." Exe adds. "I don't know everything either, but I do know some really dark forces are moving some big pieces and we just lost big time... and so did a whole lot of other people. If we can try to save their lives, we should." Exe adds.
      Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

      Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
      ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
      User avatar
      Starchief
      Group Leader
      Posts: 567
      Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
      Contact:

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Starchief »

      Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /62%
      JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [64] = 64

      "Exe, that's going to be a major part of our plan. We keep him rooted and he won't risk taking himself out in order for his plan to work. Good work, kid."

      "Talon, I hear what you're saying. And you've done more good than you could know. We wouldn't have made it out of that fight without you. But we don't have the type of time you're looking for. I think Juan's got it right that we have to choose. Choose who dies. Or else all of them do."
      Starchief looks up toward the controls of the ship. "Datephus. If you had to select one of the planets that were destroyed from our recent mistake to stay destroyed in order to save the others, which would be the best candidate?"

      Once he receives his answer, his mind turns to the options previously laid out to them. "As much as I want to go home, that's the highest risk scenario and should be counted out. Lots and lots of risk. But if we want to fix this, that's what's needed. This ship, this crew, this doesn't run without all of us. So I'd like to bring it to a vote. Which of the seven options presented by Datephus would you like to do?" Starchief runs down the list, carefully noting everyone's votes. For his own vote, he chooses the Windscape system. "I believe knowledge is power. The more detail we can get about Mort and this entire plot, the better. And maybe, once we regroup there, Chef can bring us back, armed with knowledge, to fix the past. If that's not what the group wants, I'll follow your lead. But whatever we do, we have to fix this. This... it's too much. Too much death, too much guilt."
      Starchief
      Andra "Starchief" Sekona
      the Shield of Seeron

      MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

      Saving Throw Bonuses:
      Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
      Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
      Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
      Ledger
      User avatar
      Ghast
      Posts: 107
      Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Ghast »

      Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /52%
      Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [55] = 55
      Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
      360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

      H.P.: 33/33
      S.D.C.: 70/70
      I.S.P.: 249/249
      Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
      Weapons & Armor
      Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
      Integrated Force Field: 75/75
      Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
      NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
      Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
      Phase Sword
      Ripper Bayonet
      A Variety of explosives.


      Ghast listens to the ships intelligence lists off all of it's possible options. None of them are without a risk, save an unlisted eighth option of just leaving, and never coming back... not that it's an option really. Ghast thinks morosely. Ghast spends the next few hours cleaning up and going through his gear. Ghast makes his way into the Galley, and washes his hands before grabbing some left overs out of the cooler. Might as well eat.

      Ghast is finishing his meal when Icky returns.
      Icky wrote:”Sarge was in a mood earlier so after the drop-offs he and I had a little powwow. I think I can wind us back. But I get the sense that I might not make the trip, myself, which means that you guys need to be going back with me. Now, I know yer gonna try to talk me outta this, but the fact is I was one of the ones insistin’ that we had to save everybody and led us all into the worst setup of our lives. I ain’t gonna be able to live with a trillion plus dead on my conscience, and that means I gotta take every Hail Mary I can get. So you let me know when you’re ready, and when you wanna go to. But, uh, the other thing is... I… I was thinking about Allison and… Well. I think pain makes the engine go. So, you wanna go back I think everybody’d better get comfortable paying a price. Something that’ll hurt. Don’t ask me more than that- I dunno.”
      "Nothing for free... the price of life." Ghast says. What more is their to say... it's the cold hard truth of the universe. One that will eventually crush all life and light from existence. Ghast thinks as he gets up and pats Icky on the arm before walking back to the galley to wash his dish.

      Ghast listens to the others talk. Juan isn't wrong, we're gonna damn one planet. Metri's plan is pretty basic, simple is usually better. Draggor seems in agreement with Metri, no surprise, it seems the most logical plan. Ghast thinks to himself, but keeps quiet. When Talon and Exe speak, Ghast continues to listen, but really isn't sure what to think on what they're saying. When Starchief speaks up, Ghast looks to him. "Safest option would be deep space, likely not a popular decision, so Info brokers could be a second choice in my opinion. Still the risk of them turning on us for profit though." Ghast says. What price could I pay that would be enough... will their be enough of me left afterwards?
      “We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
      Ghast
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 319
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
      Contact:

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Metri »

      ((rolls carried over))
      Draggor wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:10 am"We agree to primary plan: prevent incident. But... if we can't. Must change which gate we leave open, can't destroy all. One world more resistant to demon transformation than others, yes?"
      ((Lore: Galactic/Aliens. d%: [94] = 94 | 80%))

      The Yhabbayar chews on Draggor's question for a little bit before responding, "If immune to transformation, home of True Atlanteans, Alexandria, the planetary choice should be."

      But that is assuming the intelligence about keeping one of the portals open is legitimate. It could just as easily also be another attempt at misdirection on behalf of our enemy. We thought we had closed the portals, but the dimensional energy spewed across all the portal locations anyway. So our 'closing' was clearly not a true closing. I need to try to communicate my point more clearly.

      "Thought we did that by destroying devices in facility on Kron Omega, sufficient it was to close the portal. But if closed the portals were, eruption of dimensional energies affect other planets, it should not. Conclude we must, that closed the portals were not." Metri raises a tridactyl finger in emphasis.

      "What did we miss, hmm?" Metri asks rhetorically, "Maybe on the other side of portal, at the destination planet location, the REAL stabilizer is. If this is the case, better prepared we should be. Bring explosives on delayed detonation, we should. To destroy stabilizer on planet side without trapping teammate on distant world."
      User avatar
      Dark Lord
      Posts: 1876
      Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
      Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Dark Lord »

      Risky Business
      At Icky’s proposal, poignant farewell (especially to Metri), and subsequent return the team falls into a deep (and at times, emotional) discussion about what to do next. Talon is the lone member who is less-than-enthusiastic about using time travel to undo the catastrophe- most everyone else either stays mostly silent, or argues about exactly where in time to go and what to do to prevent the Flash. Metri notes the known resistance of True Atlanteans to transformation, and on that basis recommends Alexandria be the sacrificial planet if it comes to that. Several of you raise important points about the details of what you propose to do, and what went wrong with your last attempt to stop Fingerling’s scheme. With no clear decision on where to immediately go next, Starchief puts it to a vote. Ghast voices an opinion in favor of the safest option but Starchief himself suggests that information brokers might help them plan what to do next. Exe wants to go back to their initial entrance to the compound, and try to stop Fingerling altogether by interfering with his teleportation. Those of you who were present recall no signs or sounds of spellcasting from Fingerling- he simply vanished, but if that was a magical spell then Exe’s shifter abilities should allow him to interfere with it.

      What are you doing?
      Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 319
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
      Contact:

      Re: [GA] Consequences

      Post by Metri »

      -----------------------------------
      Perception: d%: [4] = 4 | 67%
      JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | d%: [37] = 37 %
      -----------------------------------
      Character Sheet
      • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
      • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 900ft (no-magic). 1900ft (if magic used).
        • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [86] = 86 | 86%.
        • Track by psychic scent: d%: [2] = 2 | 95%.
      • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [59] = 59 | 97%.
      • Sense Life. 300ft.
      PPE: 171/171
      ISP: 275/275
      Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
      MDC: 73/73
      MTB1_PPE: 180/180
      MTB2_PPE: 180/180
      MTB3_PPE: 180/180
      SoE_PPE: 80/80
      WoS_PPE: 40/40
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
      Coma/Death: +4%
      Magic (varies): +1
      Lethal Poison (14+): +1
      Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
      Insanity (12+): +1
      Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
      +7 vs Possession
      +2 vs Despair
      +2 vs Horror Factor
      +2 vs Illusions
      +1 vs Poison and Disease
      Conditions

        Starchief wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 pm"As much as I want to go home, that's the highest risk scenario and should be counted out. Lots and lots of risk. But if we want to fix this, that's what's needed. This ship, this crew, this doesn't run without all of us. So I'd like to bring it to a vote. Which of the seven options presented by Datephus would you like to do?"
        Ghast wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:23 pm"Safest option would be deep space, likely not a popular decision, so Info brokers could be a second choice in my opinion. Still the risk of them turning on us for profit though."
        "Agree I do. A double-edged sword, journeying to the information brokers is. An opportunity to learn more about Mort Fingerling, yess. But an opportunity for our presence to be discovered also is. If decide to go to brokers, with great care we should take. But if not journeying to Center, also the secondary choice of Windscape system I would make, yess." Metri explains.

        If we are given up and hunted, perhaps those hunters might also give us clues as to the nature of our enemy. And if we time-travel, in the end such battles would be inconveniences left behind in this timeline. With only the knowledge we need to fix the situation carried over into the past. If we are not turning ourselves into the authorities, or going into full hiding, then heading to the information brokers seems like the option with the highest chance of getting us where we want to go. And the highest chance of perhaps preventing the tremendous loss of life across the galaxies.
        User avatar
        Ghast
        Posts: 107
        Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Ghast »

        Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 /52%
        Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [7] = 7
        Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive),
        360° scanning capability, +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

        H.P.: 33/33
        S.D.C.: 70/70
        I.S.P.: 249/249
        Current Outfit: Clothes (Black T-Shirt, Worn Beige Cargo Pants, Raggedy Gray Sweater, Arm wraps, Combat Boots), Red Scarf, Weapon Harness, ratty overcoat.
        Weapons & Armor
        Armor: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor 90/90
        Integrated Force Field: 75/75
        Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle Ammo: 30/15
        NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol Ammo: 10/10
        Slicer GR-Gun Ammo: 12/12
        Phase Sword
        Ripper Bayonet
        A Variety of explosives.


        Ghast sits in the room with the rest of the crew as they discuss the situation.
        Metri wrote:"Agree I do. A double-edged sword, journeying to the information brokers is. An opportunity to learn more about Mort Fingerling, yess. But an opportunity for our presence to be discovered also is. If decide to go to brokers, with great care we should take. But if not journeying to Center, also the secondary choice of Windscape system I would make, yess."
        He's wise, I like him. Me too. Of course you two do, he's agreeing with your cowardice. Ghast mentally argues with himself.

        "The idea of looking into Fingerling post apocalypse almost seems comical to me. If we haven't figured him out already, it's likely he's erased most of his tracks by now. That being said, if we're going to do this, we should do it sooner than later as the longer we wait the likely harder it will be with the artifact. So I'd suggest the others try to move into this line of thinking." Ghast says, picking at his woven glove.

        Ghast thinks to say something further, but instead he keeps quiet, waiting for anyone else to chip into the conversation.
        “We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
        Ghast
        User avatar
        Talon
        Posts: 35
        Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 pm

        Re: [GA] Consequences

        Post by Talon »

        Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 /42%
        JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [79] = 79

        Active Effects:
        None.

        Talon shakes for a moment before laughing put loud shattering the current conversation. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't not laugh. I had to do something to keep myself sane. Metri it sounds like you've never misrepresented yourself before. There are ways of approching information brokers anonymously or under the guise of other business or even as a differnt person."

        Talon turns and glares at Ghast, anger evident in his tone, "You think this is comical? You guys have apparently been after this Mort guy for a while it sounds like. Yet when I asked before planet fall no one could give me an answer on where the hell was going on. Pray tell, what exhaustive efforts were made to dig up information on the man and his dealings? On the planet you all acted with the subtlety of a cargo ship full of Raw K-Hex. Talon leans forward in his seat, his eyes wide in anger, "And you have the gall to tell me that I need to get in line with going to the past with no information, just because you said so? I don't care if I'm the new guy here. Acting without good information is what led us to this predicament in the first place. And now you just want to keep making the same mistakes!?! Talon's breathing is becoming raged as his voice is slowly gaining in volume, "Please tell me again what your plan is!?! I've given mine! What are you contributing to this conversation!?! You are an ignorant fool to think there is no information to be had here!!! Talon, now standing, forces his hands open, as he take a breath to calm himself, "Go to the past, fix the mistakes...my gods how wonderful it must be, to be so powerful you don't even bat an eye at how ridiculous that sounds. Talon looks around and his voice returns to normal, I get that everyone seems to be on board for using this device as soon as possible. Not sure why but it seems to be the trend. I've already voiced my concerns and provided options to infiltrate Mort's current holdings to obtain more information. I've been overruled. I accept that. Talon glares at Ghast again, But don't ever tell me what line of thinking I have to follow. Next time you do, I'll put your face through the bulkhead. Talon turns and begins walking out the door. He leaves with a final comment, When you figure out where you want to go, I'll be in the cockpit. Talon leaves the conversation and the rest of the crew behind and heads to the cockpit to let everything calm down.

        What a bunch of information hoarding cowards! I can't believe this is what they do. No wonder they keep getting led around by the nose. Magic screws with everything. Nothing good will come of this. Mark my words. Nothing good.
        Talon

        Personal MDC: 145
        SDC: 102 (For Non-MDC Worlds Only)
        Post Reply

        Return to “Phase World: Center”