Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.
Post Reply
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 10th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 4:55 pm
[The Melting Pot]

Ethan arrives at the airport by ground a few minutes after the earth-shaking explosion from the airport. The plum cloud is visible all throughout Merctown and there are alarms blaring with various units of Defenders locking down the entire city. Ethan hits ground before any Defenders or Emergency Response Teams and finds Wayne standing amid the debris watching a beautiful red-head as she struts away. Ethan's presence is almost a surprise to Wayne. Lovetta seems to be walking towards an alleyway between some hangars about 300m down the tarmac, near where Ronan spotted whatever he saw in the shadows of the alley. Both Wayne and Ethan can tell the hangar is incinerated and nothing survived the explosion of immediate value.

Vheld is nearing the descending Hovercraft and able to get a decent look at it through the smoke of its trail. Obvious damage from an explosion but the hull seems to be mostly in tact, as long as the craft gets to the ground in anything other than a free-fall it might be salvageable. Vheld's seen no sign of activity from the craft and can suspect Ray is piloting it and Lahz is either unconscious or not present. Looking towards the city, Vheld can see a wave of Defenders and Emergency vehicles heading towards the airport by both ground and air.

[The Meteor]

Lahz wakes up with a glaring headache [-10% to Skill Checks for the next 5 minutes] and finds himself immediately coughing and squinting through smoke as he hears alarms blaring. Lahz can hardly remember what happened in the virtual space, like a dream sequence that is immediately forgotten upon being woken up. Rushing out of his quarters, Lahz finds a damaged Ray attempted to maintain altitude of the damaged hovercraft repeating a single phrase. "F-F-F-Fly this ship out of here, to the t-t-t-tarmac." Lahz figures he has about 15-30 seconds before the hovercraft's engine gives out entirely and it freefalls to the tarmac below.
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [18] = 18 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [9] = 9
JiC D100: 1d100: [66] = 66
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [68] = 68

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Headache [-10% to Skill Checks for the next 5 minutes]

ISP: 191/231 ISP



Lahz'smind continues to reel back and forth for several moments stretching to get its bearings, *A young girl? The smell of blood? ... Idiocy. A mechanical hijacking of an astral form such that it overtakes everything and strips you of all powers? Far fetched even for this ridiculous planet.* Lahz rubs at his eyes and looks around to find a damaged Ray attempting to pilot their hovership.

The Psi-Tech steps up and issues commands, "Ray, I will take over. How did the shop get damaged? Why are we in the air? Find Roy, Gene and Bivv (the 3 crew Droids), begin damage assessment and mitigation protocols"

The Psi-Tech will link with the large craft as he takes over the controls to control the decent and prevent further damage. He's fine and would prefer landing off the Airport grounds to avoid being an obstruction on the runway.

Hover Craft (Ground) 96% -10%(headache) +10% (Mental Link) = 96%: 1d100: [53] = 53
Read Sensory Equipment 98-10=88%: 1d100: [63] = 63

If any damn time seems to present itself, Lahz will click a radio on and say, "Onboard the Deck, taking command, status report from Anybody?????"



Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [9] = 9
PER: 1d100: [12] = 12 vs. 79%

If he needed to breathe, Vheld’s breath would be taken away by the scale of the disaster at the Hangar. Poor Lahz, he’s been working on that thing for weeks. I wonder if there’s any chance in Hades it’ll be salvageable after this debacle. Surely it’s not Naruni moving against us so soon, is it? Then he hears Lahz’s radio message. Wonderful. Vheld telepathically orders Sil to set down somewhere that isn’t on fire or in the path of the crashing vehicle, but close enough that he can still open a rift. As they come in for a landing, Vheld replies to Lahz ”Deuce here. Hold on. I’ll try and rift you in for a gentler-ish landing.” Resisting the urge to smirk at a little gallows humor, once Sil sets down Vheld dismounts and taps into most of the energy in his energy sphere ((-1000 PPE)). No time for the ritual. Just something quick. Vheld will then spend several seconds casting the quick incantation to open a rift in the transport’s path that is large enough to accommodate it. As for the exit point of the rift, it will be just above ground level somewhere on the tarmac- ideally a spot that isn’t terrible damaged or on fire. Once the spell is done, Vheld wipes his brow and radios Lahz. ”The exit point is just above ground level- cut the engines as soon as you’re through. I’d rather not have to resurrect anyone today.” Vheld watches anxiously until the craft lands, at which point he mounts back on Sil and goes to check on Lahz. Was that Ronan I saw getting launched into the atmosphere? I hope not, but I suppose he’ll be fine. We can try radioing him later.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [77] = 77

Reattaching his helmet, Wayne watches attentively as Lovetta walks away. ”Oh, I’ll see you at the Palace.” What is this revolting feeling? Is this what lust feels like? Ugh, I hate that I love it.

Wayne waits until she is out of view and then turns his head to the massive destruction of their hangar. ”Oh. Shit. Priorities.” He turns to see Ethan arriving and says ”So, this is nice. A little bonfire. A few hundred million creds of equipment up in smoke. Did you bring marshmellows?”
Lahz wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:07 am"Onboard the Deck, taking command, status report from Anybody?????"
”This is Blackjack. It blew up. Again. I’m fine. I met a girl, so that’s nice.” I wonder if she likes fish & chips. They’re my favorite.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 10th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 4:57pm
Lahz can tell that Ray is damaged as there is a gaping hole in the driver's side of the bridge from sheered metal. Ray relinquishes control and begins damage assessment, spitting out analytics the elven mechanist is none to pleased to hear. Lahz can already tell Ray is going to need repair work as one of his arms appears damaged. "Catastrophic explosion; source unknown, outside the hangar but within 100ft. Shrapnel and secondary explosions triggered the munitions stored in the hangar. Logical conclusion: This was an attack. Cannot make contact with Roy, Gene or Bivv. Beginning search of the vehicle." Ray reports then departs to search the rest of the ship as Lahz does his best to mentally work through what the actual hell just happened. Roy's words didn't make sense, an attack from who and why? His only possible clue is Ethan and the Naruni Cyber-nightmare APC Salesman.

Vheld breaches the comms and together, the two are able to rift the hovercraft to the ground with Lahz cutting the engines and stabilizing just as he lands. The vehicle is obviously damaged, with a large cut through its bridge sections and part of its hull ripped off. Lahz is confident he can get it back up to spec in a week, if not sooner, however by the time the ship is on the ground, Ray returns with unfortunate news. "I cannot locate Roy, Gene or Bivv." He states. Wayne, while watching, gets a very odd sensation he is being watched, though if he looks around he only sees the onslaught of Defenders and Emergency crews. Ethan looks on in awe at the destruction without a word.

About 60 seconds after the landing and before Lahz has real time to ask Ray more, the first response crews touch down around the crater and the nearby hangars that have been damaged. A pair of Defender's hovercars land in front of the Spooks as well as an Emergency vehicle with aids rushing to the scene of the damaged APC and the four Spooks. A pair of Defenders approach as the remainder are by the squad cars, no weapons are drawn and there appears to be medical personnel waiting to b-line towards Lahz.

The lead Defender approaches with hands on their hips while their larger counterpart is a few paces back. "We saw your craft in the air with a smoke trail after the explosion. What happened?" A stern feminine voice asks. It hasn't been a minute since they touched down and everyone can see the first response vehicle leaving with injured from a nearby hangar and fire crews containing the damage.

What are you doing?
GM Note:


Lahz:
Vheld:
Wayne:
Ethan:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [43] = 43 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [10] = 10
JiC D100: 1d100: [5] = 5
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [44] = 44

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Headache [-10% to Skill Checks for the next 3 minutes]

ISP: 191/231 ISP



Lahz guides the craft down to a landing of sorts and exits the vehicle to find the Defenders on approach. In response to her inquiry, Lahz grasps at his head to indicate his injured state and responds shakily, "Smoke trail and an explosion? Damnit all ... I woke up aboard the craft and found it was in a descent under robot control. I believe I was drugged or knocked out ... My last recollection was around 2:30 and it seems to be around 5:00 ... bloody hell a horrific headache and a gap in time ... ? Has anyone been hurt? Has anyone seen my daughter??? ... She's just 4. Kaiya!?" The Psi-Tech will take 1 step then stagger and drop to 1 knee, then radio plain for the Defender to hear, "Ray? Do you hear me? Do a location report on Kaiya, is she Okay? ..."


Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [89] = 89
PER: 1d100: [18] = 18 vs. 79%

Vheld sighs heavily when he and Lahz successfully bring the hovercraft down. At least we prevented an even greater disaster, I hope. Surely this can’t be Naruni, can it? Leaving aside the brazenness of the attack, could even they have organized something of this scale so quickly? Would they, given how tenuous their status on this world is already? Vheld frowns. But they’re the only ones with a motive. Another player perhaps? Gods. Vheld’s frown deepens into a scowl. Ronan’s gone missing, probably up in the stratosphere by now. That leaves Northblade. But first, Vheld walks over to the hovercraft and finds Lahz. Upon seeing the elf’s wounds, Vheld turns to Skarrah in raven form and says ”Heal him.” Skarrah will then cast heal wounds (and/or use any healing psionics as necessary) to repair the damage done to Lahz’s body. When he’s feeling better, Vheld nods and leaves him to deal with the Defenders. His next stop will be to locate Northblade- he will have Sil track him if necessary. Once he’s successful he will fix the cyber-knight with a dark stare and ask ”What happened?”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 10th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 5:05pm
Upon Lahz's response, the female Defender seems to tap her crossed arm with her finger as if mentally wrestling with something before looking behind her. "Medics; clear them." She states and then Lahz finds a pair of EMS personnel looking at him, with one of them just running a hand over Lahz before shaking their head. "No major injuries." One of them reports to the lead Defender and moves past the group, neither Wayne nor Vheld appearing injured in the least. Lahz can tell that one of the two EMS was at least a partial psychic. The lead defender removes her helmet to address Vheld, Lahz and Wayne. Vheld finds Wayne close by the original explosion, having tracked the hovering APC and following it, he doesn't need to go far. Vheld notices that Wayne seems to be in something of a daze, almost like he's high.

"Harrison, Sergeant. You folks aren't under arrest, but we are investigating the explosion. No signs of children around, and the explosion was restricted to the airfield. There were no signs of foul play beforehand; nothing on incoming radar. Explosion was local; think carefully. We're compiling cam footage from available sources. Did anyone notice anything out of the ordinary?" Harrison asks Lahz specifically, though everyone is close enough to hear.

Once the group answers the question, Harrison sighs regardless with a hand going to her forehead. "Do me a favor and stay in town. Skip town and I'll consider you our primary suspects and issue immediate warrants for your arrests; for now, your just persons of interest who I may have questions for later." She states. "Any related information please direct to me immediately." Harrison finishes and then will leave the trio on the tarmac as she moves further in to the damaged tarmac.

What are you doing?
GM Note:


Lahz:
Vheld:
Wayne:
Ethan:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [41] = 41
PER: 1d100: [79] = 79 vs. 79%

When addressed directly, Vheld shrugs. ”My name is Vheld. I am the second in command of Spook Squad and I believe we are known to the Defenders. One of our people, Ronan Deshe, is MIA. He was commander on the scene when it went up. I was engrossed in my studies back in The Hub when I received his report via radio. He first informed me that our site here was secure, then that it had been rigged to blow. That is consistent with the readings on your end. I flew here on my familiar” he gestures down to Sil ”and we weren’t exactly subtle so I’d expect you can verify that via whatever surveillance footage you have. By the time I got here there was little I could do but watch someone I assume is Ronan, or possibly his corpse, get blasted into orbit and help land that thing without a bigger catastrophe.” He points at the downed hovercraft with his staff. ”Beyond that, I am also very interested in what exactly happened here. I would like to observe the rest of the interrogations if I may- you can understand I am sure why our organization would have a vested interest in learning who has destroyed our property. If it is of interest to you I can also my services in exchange for having my observation tolerated; I can cast an incantation on your interviewees to compel them to speak the truth. It likely won’t work on everyone, but it is generally reliable; the mages’ guild will be able to vouch for it, and for me.” Vheld won’t insist on slinging any spells, but he will want to know what happened from as many people as possible. If necessary he will dispatch Skarrah and other minions to invisibly listen in and then report back what the Defenders learn in their interviews. Before departing, he also decides to inform the Defenders about their recent run-in with Naruni. ”The only potential motive of which I am aware comes from Naruni Enterprises. We had a mild altercation with them earlier today concerning one of our new recruits. I thought it ended with both parties in a position of avoiding one another, but I suppose it is possible they took graver offense than I realized. Still this seems a precipitous and, frankly, sloppy escalation on their part.” Vheld shrugs. ”Not that you have much enthusiasm for amateur theories. The point is, Sergeant, we would also like any related information that you can come across. You will be able to find me in our residence, The Haunt.”

When the Defenders are finished with him, Vheld will at a minimum observe the interrogations of his teammates impassively (if necessary, dispatching the minions to spy as above). Then, he’ll find Lahz. ”I think that’s probably it for today, eh? Let EMS clean up here, then sort through the rubble tomorrow. I can put One and Two on security detail if, ah…” Vheld glances back and a wince creeps into his voice ”…if you think there’s anything left worth guarding.” He awkwardly twists his face into a smile that is perhaps vaguely sympathetic. In any event, once there’s nothing else for Vheld to do he will corral his minions and fly back to the Haunt to hit the books.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: [roll]1d100[/roll] [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: [roll]1d20[/roll]
JiC D100: [roll]1d100[/roll]
Telemechanics [100%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 191/231 ISP



Lahz offers a tensely masked face at the news of there not-having been any word of Kaiya, shakes his head as though dizzy and then eventually settles to look at the Defender (Harrison), "I'm sorry I really don't ... I don't remember ... If you have surveillance footage I am surely glad to look it over with you or ... yes Vheld can. I ... I cannot ... I dont mind posting a bond or whatever as needed. The Spooks are permanently based out of the Haunt in the Hub, but we had a contract that scheduled us to be in Lone Star in a few days. I dont know we can commit to just hanging out for the unknown duration of an investigation ... Can we schedule something for a couple hours? I need to find Roy and Kaiya ... " [Charm/Impress: 45%: EP Crit] The Psi-Tech's eyes wander from focus to apparent bewilderment regularly, he's aware that his family was sent to Psyscape weeks ago and should be safely hundreds of miles away, but having awoken with a memory and time gap, playing into the confused father to be pitied felt like a fairly safe course. He was worried like a taut bow-string, and knew he was projecting it, but having a 'viable' reason masked that it was much because of that damn time gap and not knowing how the hell he had come to suddenly be in mid-crash.

Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Repair, then, take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [44] = 44

Vheld doesn't have to look hard to find Wayne. The Cyber-Knight is standing near the site that used to be their hangar but is once again, nothing more than a pile of rubble and ash.
Vheld wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:51 am”What happened?”
"Good to see you too, oh dark one." He keeps his voice down to make sure just the two of them can hear. "Ronan and I came over to check on Lahz, there was a broken down truck with a trailer outside. We sussed it out and there were two folks inside. One, a kinda burly looking chap. The other, might be my newest romantic interest. Either way, the man went to go get something, I bantered with the lady and then boom, their truck blew up. And then double boom, there goes our hangar. Again. Might I recommend we never ever rent a hangar again? Oh, and there was some sort of shadow creature that popped up and then never showed up again. Do shadow creatures usually explode? Never seen that before. Where's Ronan?" He signs and then looks at something on his HUD. "Speaking of renting, Lovetta, that's the romantic interest, keep up. Lovetta is renting a room at my favorite casino. I think I might go pay her a visit. For business reasons. Obviously."

When being questioned about out of the ordinary things, Wayne just shakes his head. "No, I'm just lucky to be alive, ma'am."
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 10th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 5:10pm
Harrison looks to Vheld with a simple nod. "Oh, I know who you are." She replies shortly, crossing her arms and listening. "We'll keep an eye out for your missing teammate; a good description would be useful. Yes, we saw your arrival on scene ourselves which is the main reason your group is not a priority suspect. However, that could change depending on whatever local security footage shows us and pending an initial investigation. We're acquiring the proper warrants now and declaring the entire airfield off-limits except for priority transports." Harrison explains. When Vheld explains his best guess, Harrison records it into her personal computer and nods along. "Wouldn't be the worst I've heard those alien assholes get at but doesn't seem likely. We'll take it under advisement during the investigation. Thank you for your statement." Harrison states, thanking Vheld specifically. The Defender turns to Lahz with an approving nod. "You're free to go find your family, in fact, I encourage it. We are evacuating the tarmac. Again, leave town and you'll become priority suspects. Investigation shouldn't take more than a week, you have 10 minutes to vacate the tarmac." Harrison finishes and waves them off.

After the Defenders depart, Wayne and Vheld discuss a little further about what possibly transpired as Wayne as a dawning realization. Kanis, the driver of the truck that Lovetta had arrived on, had not returned and Lovetta appeared to be heading towards a now partially destroyed building. Lahz stands thinking, fully aware he just lied to the Defenders to be left alone and now standing with Wayne and Vheld. Lahz can see by a quick inspection that the hovercraft likely won't be able to be moved in ten minutes without some magical assistance from Vheld. Ronan still seems to be unaccounted for but Lahz has a distinct memory of the invulnerable alien stepping out of the hovercraft right before the explosion, so there is a good chance he got launched somewhere.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 10 mins to leave the tarmac.


Lahz:
Vheld:
Wayne:
Ethan:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [90] = 90
PER: 1d100: [86] = 86 vs. 79%

With the Defenders, Vheld simply nods and says, ”Thank you officer, we will.” Nothing a rift in the basement can’t get around. Then, off to Wayne. Vheld cocks one eyebrow as he detects a hint of irony in Wayne’s tone, but says nothing and otherwise listens impassively. Once Northblade is finished, Vheld nods. ”Shadow beasts don’t normally explode, and to my knowledge neither can the other denizens of the shadow dimension. However, the Megaverse is a vast place. Go see your… interest. The timing of this is a little too coincidental- but then again, one would think the attackers would want you inside the hangar when it went up. Just remember, Northblade.” Vheld fixes him with a hard stare. ”Business before pleasure. Neither of you would enjoy it if I have to conduct an actual interrogation on her.” He leans in and whispers ”And try not to let the Defenders see you. We can’t be certain they’re on our side, so we want their investigation to proceed on our terms. I’ll stay here with Lahz.” Vheld then approaches the elf. ”Uh, I know this is a blow, but maybe head back to the Haunt to rest for a bit? You sure getting right back to work is the best idea?” Either way, Vheld will offer what assistance he (and his minions) can.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [24] = 24 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [10] = 10
JiC D100: 1d100: [29] = 29
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [66] = 66

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 191/231 ISP



Lahz will try and collect gear quickly as needed then head off to vacate the Airport.

Whenever access becomes available, over the course of the next few days, Lahz will work to repair the craft.

Mechanical Engineering 93%: 1d100: [27] = 27 , 1d100: [14] = 14 , 1d100: [73] = 73
Robot Mechanics 88%: 1d100: [22] = 22
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 76%: 1d100: [73] = 73
Salvage 88%: 1d100: [21] = 21
Hover Craft (Ground) 96%: 1d100: [94] = 94

Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Repair, then, take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 9am
Almost on queue, Lahz is first to spot what appears to be a streaking power armor until he realizes it's falling at terminal velocity. As Lahz, Vheld and Wayne feel an impact heavy enough to feel from the tarmac, Lahz realizes that was Ronan landing just beyond the airfield after being shot some several hundred feet into the air (what hang-time). Lahz quietly collects what he can and moves it all to the Haunt with Vhelds help while Wayne heads off to pursue his potential source. Lahz immediately and begrudgingly gets to work on repairing his baby within the Haunt's garage, Vheld's minions displaced to the shifter's room.

Vheld makes his way to investigate the crashsite that Lahz pointed out and finds a partially naked Ronan walking towards Merctown with scorch marks on his silvered skin. It's quick and easy for Vheld and Ronan to make their way back to the Haunt where Ronan offers his recounting of what happened. "Blade and I rode up to the Hangar and there was this ugly looking truck parked out front with two folks working on their engine. Redhead and some vampire zombie looking guy. When we got there, zombie guy said they were going to a different hangar and left. I went inside while Blade went with the redhead to the other side of the truck." Ronan explains, reaching for a drink. "Nothing outta ordinary in the hangar. Ace passed out in the hovercraft when I got there. When I stepped back out of the hovercraft to go look around again, boom. No idea what the trigger was but all the sudden I'm getting air time and going going back to my drop assault days on reentry. " Ronan jests with a shrug. "Ruined my favorite jacket AND my bike." The alien soldier grunts in annoyance.

The next couple days go quietly, Lahz is able to effectively repair most of the damage to Roy and the Hovercraft using remaining resources with Ronan staying close to offer help and keep a close eye. When Vheld returns to his room, he finds Mierin's room to be empty with a
Spooks,
Going to Chii-Town to visit family. Expect me when you see me.
-Queen.
on the bed and her stuff neatly placed in a lockbox. Vheld and Lahz both notice that Ethan Gaunt appears to have vanished, not having made it back to the Haunt with them.

On the third day, Sgt Harrison sends the team a
Formal Notification as Persons of Interest for Interview: Members of the Spook Squad.
Purpose: Single Interview with Sergeant Harrison for full alibi and explanation.
Evidence: Explosive residue was found at the scene from various munitions that created numerous secondary explosions. No signs of other bad actors in the area. No witnesses reporting malicious activity. No camera footage available.

Conclusion pending interviews: Spook Squad was conducting unauthorized experimentation with explosive material that resulted in cataclysmic explosion.
Time-slots: Ronan Deshe = 10:00am | Wayne Northblade = 11am | Lahz D'Gemmel = 12:00pm | Vheldval Ex’tyrin = 1:00pm |
. This message strikes Vheld and Lahz as odd, as there should be some video surveillance to at least show the large truck Ronan mentioned, though the Defender's didn't mention it. Ronan's interview is in an hour, but the group has time to talk and plan.

What are you doing?
GM Note:


Lahz:
Vheld:
Wayne:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [74] = 74
PER: 1d100: [77] = 77 vs. 79%

Vheld can’t help but snicker when he sees Ronan. ”I believe you were saying something earlier about nicknames? What happened?” He murmurs as they walk back with Sil and a few invisible minions trailing behind. The shifter debates casting a cloak of darkness while Ronan talks, to provide some measure of modesty for the man, but since the trooper doesn’t seem all that bothered Vheld decides to let the people of MercTown enjoy the show. ”I suppose we’ll see what Blade turns up. Get yourself a shower and a change of clothes when we get back. Then we can plan our next move.” Whatever the fuck it is. When they return, Vheld shrugs at Mierin’s letter. Not exactly unheard of. Great timing though. Upon discovering Ethan has also vanished, however, Vheld is visibly annoyed and mutters ”All that work I did pissing off Naruni, for nothing. Well, maybe he’ll at least lead them away from us. Or they grabbed him already.” He sighs. Knew nothing about the guy- he knew nothing about himself, practically. Can we really afford an investigation right now with just the four of us, and some unknown threat? Sorry Ethan, but you’ll have to take care of yourself for awhile. Wherever you are. Vheld will otherwise spend the days studying his new spell books, but when the notice from the Defenders arrives he will scowl and gather the others for a meeting. ”This certainly represents a tonal shift. Could they be picking up residue from missiles? Whoever planted the bomb could have just as easily planted something else that implicates us. And the lack of video evidence is certainly suspicious. Any ideas for how we might… acquire that for ourselves?” Or should I just rift us somewhere new? Clearly MercTown isn’t as safe for us as it once was.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [59] = 59


”If I wanted to win at strip poker, I would have done so. Yes, I let you win. No, no you did not have the better hand. Yes, yes, grim tidings to you as well. Ciao.” Northblade presses a recessed button on his glove to end his radio call as he walks into the Haunt at 9:30 AM.

A dark smile hidden by his helmeted face, he retreats to his room to change into more comfortable clothing.

If asked about his “meeting” with Lovetta, he’ll explain ”She didn’t give me any actionable intel nor juicy gossip, but this was more of a ‘get to know you’ type meet up and I expect she’ll be more forthcoming in the future. Next Tuesday future specifically.”
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 9:30am
Wayne returns from his date without any actionable data except one key piece of information. Lovetta was asking a couple subtle questions about Spook Squad though Wayne was guileful enough to avoid them. Vheld, Wayne and Ronan converse while Lahz works in the basement. The lack of video evidence sparking a thought in the experienced mage. Ronan shrugs. "I'll just tell 'em what I told you bout the boom. Does this back water even have camera systems?" Ronan asks, Vheld and Wayne unable to tell if he's being serious or not.

Ronan finds a spare leather jacket he bought for just the occasion and meets the other two at the door. "I'll go now and delay the sergeant while you two figure the camera thing out." Ronan says and leaves a little early, giving Vheld and Wayne time to get Lahz up to speed and to figure something out. While Wayne hasn't been in Merctown long, Vheld knows there are a couple organizations around town that fancy themselves intel gatherers or the like that might be able to help.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 90 minutes until Wayne is expected.


Lahz:
Vheld:
Wayne:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [5] = 5
PER: 1d100: [60] = 60 vs. 79%

Vheld growls ”Great.” at the lack of a plan from Ronan or Lahz and the lack of answers from Northblade. I can’t scry the answers to these questions. I’m out of my depth. Maybe someone at the guild can help. Vheld cocks his eyebrows at the few members of the team that are left and mutters to himself before sketching out a brief plan. ”Okay. So clearly some sort of frame job. I think the thing to do in these circumstances is leverage our ties to the community. I can go to the guild and see if Cearcy or the others can recommend a good intel outfit. Maybe see if he knows anything about the Defender running the investigation. Who else can we try as a point of contact? Does Fixer owe us any favors? What about some of the other outfits from the Nxla campaign. Anyone you two want to try?” Vheld points to Lahz and Northblade.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: [roll]1d100[/roll] [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: [roll]1d20[/roll]
JiC D100: [roll]1d100[/roll]
Telemechanics [100%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 191/231 ISP



OOC: The Carrier/Vehicle is supposed to be 130' long and >160 tons ... we had originally had to put it in the Hangar at the Airport because the thing would not fit @ the Haunt ... and getting something over 100 tons back the miles from the Airport ... through the Gates, to the Haunt, would likely be difficult and expensive (easier to just throw up a big tent over the wreck for privacy and do repairs for 3-4 days).

Lahz accepts Ronan's explanation of his recollections, he will ask Vheld to have one of his Psychic Minions telepathically retrieve an image of 'Redhead' and 'Zombie-Guy' from the memory of Ronan. Once they have images, Lahz will have them imaged (OOC: using Computer Operation 118%, and Total Recall (2 ISP)) to pull together a couple composite type sketches.

The Psi-Tech will use the images to employ his Psionic Seeking (Rifter 25, 6 ISP, 1 Mile/L, 5 Min/L, (Current 91%)) ability and try to locate the Zombie-guy so that Ronan can, question, him. His next step will be to hand off 500k (Group Funds) to Ronan and request the fellow check with Fixer at the Job Market Cafe.

Lahz has no expectation to have additional information for the Defenders, by the time of any interview he will have regathered his wits enough to determine he still has a time gap derived from going Astral. He has no knowledge of how the actual explosion occurred and nothing to hide on that front. However, seeing as the Spooks had taken on a commission to go stop a mystery-super-disease stolen from the CS, he has no inclination to share information with the Defenders that might impinge on their mission.


Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Repair, then, take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [48] = 48

Wayne looks up from a game of five finger fillet with his deactivated vibro-knife as Vheld speaks up. "Shit. I can see if Mr. Wen knows anyone who knows anyone. But I don't have many favors in this town. I can try over at One Eyed Jacks, plenty of shady characters there. And where there's shade, there's knowledge. I can also ask Lovetta about her associate and the truck to see if she can shed some light on the situation."

When the team breaks out, he'll first head to the Pyramid Tattoo Shop first to see if Mr. Wen is in.
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 10:00am
Vheld puts the pieces together and assumes some sort of frame job is taking place against the Spooks. Vheld suggests meeting with Cearcy while Wayne suggests his own trip to Mr Wen's at the Pyramid. Before Ronan leaves, Lahz is able to successfully pull two images from Ronan's and Wayne, this giving Vheld and Lahz a good image of the red-head and zombie guy. Lahz gives a credit chit to Ronan before the Arismal departs to pursue additional leads after his interview. Lahz spends the time mulling over the incoming mission they still have and the new roadblock provided by the Defenders and this frame job, something doesn't sit right with the psi-tech about it all. Vheld and Wayne each make for other objectives until their time slot.

[Mr. Wen's]
Wayne

Wayne arrives at the Pyramid Emporium and finds Mr. Wen in his Tattoo shop with one of the daughters. Mr Wen turns to look at Northblade. "Ah, what can we do for you today!" He exclaims. If asked about basic Intelligence services, Wen will shrug and recommend Blackman Intelligence Service as the best in Merctown, for the right price.

[The Collegiate]
Vheld

Vheld arrives at the guild and heads to meet Cearcy, the mage enjoying a customary wake as he walks through the halls. He finds Cearcy in his office, the old archmage seemingly undisturbed by Vheld's sudden appearance. "To what do I owe the visit?" Cearcy asks and if asked about basic intelligence services, will be pressed for an explanation. "What can't you accomplish with magic?" The archmage asks.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 60 minutes until Wayne is expected.


Lahz:
Vheld:
Wayne:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [86] = 86 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [16] = 16
JiC D100: 1d100: [63] = 63
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [72] = 72

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 191/231 ISP





Lahz will have memories printed up as images to pull together a couple composite type sketches.

The Psi-Tech will use the images to employ his Psionic Seeking (Rifter 25, 6 ISP, 1 Mile/L, 5 Min/L, (Current 91%): 1d100: [81] = 81 ) ability and try to locate the Zombie-guy.

If Zombie guy is not within his Range, Lahz will also attempt
Remote Viewing (10 ISP, view for 4d6+12: [1, 3, 2, 4]+12 = 22 Seconds) to see where the guy is. Maybe even see if he has changed his appearance or if there are location clues.

Lahz has no expectation to have additional information for the Defenders, by the time of an interview. He has no knowledge of how the actual explosion occurred and nothing to hide on that front. However, seeing as the Spooks had taken on a commission to go stop a mystery-super-disease stolen from the CS, he has no inclination to share information with the Defenders that might impinge on their mission. He will share the image of the Zombie guy, and offer to kick in 500,000 credits as a Bounty for him being brought in.

Lahz will work on repairs to the Group Vehicle.


Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Repair, then, take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [97] = 97
PER: 1d100: [86] = 86 vs. 79%

With a nod to Skarrah to assist Lahz in his psychic search, Vheld will watch on until the psi-tech is done, before departing for the guild with minions (invisibly) in tow. Upon arriving and seeing Cearcy, Vheld gets straight to the point ”I appreciate you taking the time. Someone is framing my team for an incident down at the docks. A rather explosive one. Frankly, I’m a little annoyed at the distraction from my studies and would just as soon outsource the counter-intelligence work. The others are investigating their own angles, but I thought you might have some contacts I could use. Preferably outfits with connections to the Defenders so that we can cut through all the bullshit.” Keep dreaming, Vheld.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [1] = 1

"A pleasure as always, Mr. Wen. I never forget a favor. And while I'm here... Wayne forks over 2000 creds for his upcoming
Image
.

A stroll over to Mercenary Plaza brings Sir Northblade to the fifth floor doors of Blackman Intelligence Services. "I've got a case that could use some quick and quiet. I've heard you're the people for both." If he gets an intake agent, he gives them the full story of the exploding truck, the gruff man, the attractive woman and whatever it was in the shadows. "So, that brings me to your door. We're being investigated by the Defenders for something that we didn't do and I'd welcome any assistance in clearing our name and bringing the perpetrators out of the shadows. Only I get to be in the shadows."
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 10:15am
[Lahz]

Laz is working tirelessly to figure it out from what he can remember, printing off snippets of his own memories. There is one snippet he has of a single angle that shows the zombie guy walking away, and Lahz can almost immediately identify a Psi-Stalker from the look of the image. When Lahz attempts to psionically seek out the target, he gets a ping that is surprisingly nearby and in the familiar direction of the Job Market Cafe. The stalker is inside the Hub.

[Vheld]

Cearcy listens to his lantean associate with his chin resting on clasped hands and a furrowed brow taking in each detail. "It's no one at the guild, I'm certain." Cearcy says, standing from his seat and beginning a pace. "Have you met Wanda Koloski yet? A respected member of the Guild Council, a healer and a Mystic. She, or her students, might be better suited to diving and routing out the source. Come." Cearcy says, moving out and leading Vheld towards a different level.

Vheld is led into a large room that is a botanical garden, teeming with magic and there are several acolytes moving around. In the back, Vheld hears the voice of an aged woman. "Ah, Master Cearcy, you caught me as I was on my way to the clinic. To what do I owe the visit?" An Elder woman asks, approaching Cearcy.

"Lady Koloski. I'm glad I caught you; this is my associate, magi Vheld, a practiced shifter. While he doesn't need healing, he has a problem I believe you or your students would be better suited to help him with." Cearcy explains and Wanda nods, smiling towards Vheld.

"Ah, of course." She turns fully towards Vheld. "You may call me Wanda, I much prefer it. Please, child. Tell me the problem." She asks in a near-motherly tone. Vheld doesn't notice Cearcy leave.

[Wayne]

Wayne steps inside Blackman's and is greeted by a pair of agents manning the lobby as he goes to meet with the intelligence sector. "There is a 5,000cr consultation fee." One states, and them takes Wayne into an interview room, offers the masked swordsman a glass of water and takes out a notepad, then listening to Wayne's description before shaking his head. "Not sure how new you are to Merctown, but we have a contract with the Proconsul to conduct no business within Merctown. That does count the extended boundaries like the airfield. Unfortunately, we will not be able to help you." The agent states.

Wayne's disappointment almost causes him to miss a critical clue that he only notices thanks to his peripheral vision (Crit 001 JiC). The agent has scribbled a single phrase that is visible on his notepad facing Wayne. "JMC" Wayne notes that as soon as he sees it, the agent stands and flips the notebook shut. "If you would like our services for information about a certain hovertrain, that's far more within our means." The agent adds, displaying a certain degree of existing knowledge of the goings on of Merctown despite the statement.

[Mierin]

Mierin had been relaxing in the Klingmar Spa, gaining some much needed relaxation. Her peace of mind is short lived as an explosion rocks the lands from the airfield, prompting her to seek answers. Without her radio on her, Mierin leaves the Klingmar Spa and Resort feeling refreshed but now concerned, passing another red-head as she enters the resort. By the way she moves, Mierin is confident this is another nimble and strong person. As she passes, the red-head makes eye-contact with Mierin. "Love the hair." She says with a smile and walks past. Despite appearing welcoming, something is off about the girl, though Mierin pays it little mind and turns her attention to the rest of Merctown.

It actually doesn't take the headhunter long to spot the flying Vheld, though without her gear she doesn't bother trying to get ahold of him instead heading back to the Haunt. Mierin arrives at the Haunt after Vheld, Wayne and Ronan have left, though Lahz is in the garage working on something.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 45 minutes until Wayne is expected.


Lahz:
Vheld:
Wayne:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [98] = 98

Conditions
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
As she leaves the spa, Mierin notes the woman long enough to note that she seems capable enough. Never underestimate a woman. Mierin thinks to herself as she recalls the many times she had personally been underestimated by an opponent . Of course, it was often the last thing they ever did. Mierin only acknowledges the other redhead’s comment with a nod as she heads to the Haunt.

Entering the Haunt, Mierin quickly finds Lahz, hoping to get some answers on what’s going on. Approaching Lahz, she greets him with ”What’s going on? I heard something about an explosion in the airfield?” As she waits for a response, Mierin thinks Take 2 seconds off and all hell breaks loose.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [55] = 55
PER: 1d100: [21] = 21 vs. 79%

”Thank you, guildmaster.” Ugh. I suppose it was only a matter of time before I had to meet more of my colleagues. Let’s get this over with.
Underguard wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:00 pm"You may call me Wanda, I much prefer it. Please, child. Tell me the problem." She asks in a near-motherly tone. Vheld doesn't notice Cearcy leave.
Wanda’s maternal mannerisms bring back uncomfortable memories to Vheld, enhancing his already substantial feelings of awkwardness at having to socially interact with another mage. He starts to speak, coughs and clears his throat self-consciously, and then continues. ”Hello, ah, Wanda. My… associates and I are being framed for a crime we did not commit. You may have heard of the explosion down near the docks, or even heard the blast yourself. Several personnel were injured and our hangar workshop was destroyed- we reported it and are now apparently the primary suspects. The paucity of evidence leads me to suspect it might be an inside job; as I have little direct experience in counter-intelligence I thought it best to consult with Guildmaster Cearcy to see if he might have any contacts, particularly who might have an in with the Defenders. I take it your students may have useful expertise in the area- what is it that you teach?” Vheld attempts a thin smile.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [15] = 15 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [19] = 19
JiC D100: 1d100: [17] = 17
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [92] = 92

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tight/Tense Worry] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 185/231 ISP




Lahz explains to Mierin that after the Manufacturer came looking for the Spooks' recent Delusional-Naruni-Borg-Recruit who had briefly signed on, Lahz himself had been Astrally hijacked in a blackout and woken up on their Team ship pretty much in the process of crash landing. Ronan and Wayne had since informed that there were 2 folks out front of the Spooks' Hangar when they had arrived shortly ahead of an explosion, and the Defenders are now seeking to determine if the Spooks had caused multiple giant-ass explosions at the Airport. Meanwhile the Spooks are trying to track down a woman and the guy for ... questioning (in the loosest sense).

OOC: Lahz will not hold anything back from Mierin, but of course he himself had a blackout and doesn't know everything.

===============

Lahz's brows knit in consternation when his Psionic Seeking pings the one pale zombie guy as local, but he opts to launch into motion. The Psi-Tech dons his PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor, straps on his respective sidearms and radios around, "Spooks. Got a lead on one of the Hangar folk. Here in the Hub. I am en route. Join if you can."

He then departs the Haunt trailed at a short ~90ft distance by Ray the NG-W9 Light Labor Drone (6'6", 600+lbs) and Kit the NG-WD71 Robosistant ((NG-W10 Heavy Labor Drone Head)) (600lbs). Heading into the Hub, Lahz will use Remote Viewing (10 ISP, view for 4d6+12: [3, 5, 3, 1]+12 = 24 Seconds) to see where the Zombie-guy that is likely a Psi-Stalker is (if he is with anyone/armed/sleeping, etc.), and Psionic Seeking (Rifter 25, 6 ISP, 1 Mile/L, 5 Min/L, (Current 91%): 1d100: [29] = 29 ) to try and track the fellow down.

Barring that, Lahz will head to the Job Market Cafe to touch base with Fixer to try and pick up a name and any kind of reputation/history.


Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Repair, then, take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Last edited by Lahz on Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [64] = 64

No business within MercTown. Just fucking great. "Thanks for trying to assis..." Wayne looks at the notepad just in time, looks up at the agent and then smiles behind his mask. Just when I was starting to lose hope.

"Thank you. I am interested in anything you've got regarding said hovertrain." He pays whatever the required amount is and listens to/takes files regarding whatever they have to offer. Once done, he stands up, taps the desk on his way out and then heads to the Job Market Cafe.

When he gets in, he heads to the counter and says "I'm in need of information. Delicate information. With whom here would I speak to about that?"
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote: Location: Airport, Spooks' Hangar
Date: 13th September
Weather: Cloudy (18 degrees Celsius)
Time: 10:30am
[Blackman's Intelligence]

The agent nods along and pulls out a file shard. "Shard contains departure and arrival times; passenger and cargo manifest; security estimates. The works. Also has the name of two other potential crews you may or may not encounter, we can't confirm if they've accepted the contract as well." He states and will allow Wayne to look over the information briefly before taking it back and waiting for full payment. "100k for the shard." The agent finishes.

When they settle, Wayne heads to the Job Market Cafe and arrives a few minutes later than Lahz and Mierin and completely misses them when he walks in, heading straight towards the bar.

[The Job Market Cafe]

After grabbing her equipment, Mierin follows Lahz towards the Job Market Cafe, the pair eager to learn more. The pub is nothing more than a brisk walk from the Haunt, and the pair of Spooks find it the bustling hive it has always been. Fixer Jones can be seen sitting at a back table talking to an apparent human businessman? The man is dressed in slick executive style clothing seems to be all too comfortable. Lahz and Mierin can both tell the suit is sub-armored and protective, possibly a business or agent, maybe something else. Fixer pays the man no mind as he addresses Lahz and Mierin.

"Well, well, what brings the Spooks to my table?" Jones asks and assuming he's told even a shred of the truth, responds quickly enough. "That contract never came through my wire; it must've been handled direct client - to - mercenary. No fixer involved. Moving enough creds to organize a bombing of the hangar and frame you, all in a single day?" Fixer asks rhetorically before shaking his head. "Can't make this up. Probably a corporation. Step on anyone's toes recently?" Fixer asks before turning to the suited man sitting with him. "If your group is targeted, a new face couldn't hurt." Fixer adds. "This here's Lynch. He was just inquiring about work; seems he might be a good fit for your crew. And I could point you at a few local groups that don't play nice with others who might be responsible." Fixer states, introducing Lynch to Lahz and Mierin. Mierin is the only one to see Wayne walk in the Cafe from a distance before vanishing with the bar crowd. Mierin's sharp eye also catches a pale-skinned, bald patron seem to follow Wayne when Wayne enters, though he too vanishes into the crowd.

Wayne notes a girl at the bar with messy hair, overalls and iron at her side as Wayne addresses her. She puts a shot of tequila on the table in front of Wayne. "Jones is your man, back booth. Think he's talking to some mercs right now." She answers, nodding towards the direction of Fixer's booth, though Wayne doesn't see it, Lahz or Mierin from his spot in the crowd. The barkeep moves away, leaving Wayne at the counter to go search his friends out.

[The Collegiate Arcana]

Wanda listens briefly to Vheld and her face changes from a warm welcoming one to an astonished and gilded one. "Well, I'm sure you know we have documented cooperation with the Defenders but to why did he send you to me, I wonder..." She pauses and paces a moment. "Ah, he must have sent you to me because of our divinations and foresight, I'm sure. Tell me, are you familiar in the art of divining or temporal manipulation?" Wanda asks, moving away from the garden and motioning for Vheld to follow. "Not my direct focus, per se, but ones that I teach. Tell me, what do you know of those you suspect? If they are within the city, it may well be within our ability to tell you where they are." Wanda answers.

What are you doing?
GM Note: 30 minutes until Wayne is expected.


Lahz:
Vheld:
Mierin:
Wayne:
Lynch:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) ||
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Lynch
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Lynch »

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 ; 1d100: [79] = 79


Lynch does not seem perturbed by the interruption of the meeting. In fact he seems to do a double take as he looks at Lahz, recognition evident in his eyes for the very briefest of moments. Holy shit. I haven't seen him in...how many years? But he doesn't know who I am. No matter. This introduction by the Fixer is a good place to start. Catching up is better done in a...less crowded environment.

Lynch stands and smooths down his suit when introduced. Lynch then offers a firm but non-competitive handshake to both Lahz and Mierin. His face is professional with a light smile, "A pleasure to meet you. I am Lynch. I specialize in the discreet acquisition of information." Lynch's smile grows ever so slightly, "Which sounds like something you could us a hand with." Invoke Trust: 1d100: [67] = 67 /84%. Lynch's face becomes more professional again, "If the fixer is thinking I can help you with you issues, then I'm sure he is correct. As he said I came here looking for employment. I am willing to expound upon my abilities, however I would prefer not to do it here."
He's not going to just take my word for it. Even if they weren't just attacked and set up. Lahz was always a generally cautious guy. But he feels a lot more guarded then the last time me met him. At least I think he is. I'm having trouble remembering exactly the way he was. Stupid memory issues. If I have the chance I need Pedro to remind me. Lynch ponders for a moment then says, "If you need some kind of proof of my abilities, rather then just my word. I'd be happy to show you in an alternate location."
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Mierin carefully listens to Lahz, raising an eyebrow at the comment that a Naruni bot had been recruited to the Squad. This team recruits the weirdest newbies when I’m not around. Mierin thinks to herself.

As she and Lahz talk to Fixer, Mierin nods in greeting at Lynch and shakes his hand politely. It probably wasn’t the worst idea to have a newcomer - if Fixer was able to get them some leads as to who might be framing the team. Spotting Wayne, Mierin also notes the appearance of the pale-skinned bald headed man who seemed to be following him. She discreetly radios him, ”Blackjack, Queen here. Ace and I are here at the cafe - we’re with Fixer. Just a heads up - you’ve got a tail - a pale skinned bald man. Be on the lookout.”

When the newcomer, Lynch, references Lahz’s wife and child, Mierin raises an eyebrow. If he’d mentioned them, he must know Lahz. Curious - I wonder how they know each other. Worked together, perhaps?
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Apocalypse .. Nowish?

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [89] = 89
PER: 1d100: [33] = 33 vs. 79%
Underguard wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:18 pm"Well, I'm sure you know we have documented cooperation with the Defenders but to why did he send you to me, I wonder..." She pauses and paces a moment. "Ah, he must have sent you to me because of our divinations and foresight, I'm sure. Tell me, are you familiar in the art of divining or temporal manipulation?" Wanda asks, moving away from the garden and motioning for Vheld to follow. "Not my direct focus, per se, but ones that I teach. Tell me, what do you know of those you suspect? If they are within the city, it may well be within our ability to tell you where they are." Wanda answers.
Vheld shrugs. ”I recently purchased a spell tome on the subject but haven’t had the time to get to it. Difficult with all these interruptions.” He makes a face. All the more reason to get this over with quickly. ”Frankly, I’d always considered it a little unreliable, but I’m sure there are finer points a specialist such as yourself could make use of.” Vheld tries to smile. ”In any event, most of my knowledge is secondhand as I was late to the scene- but I will tell you what I know.” Vheld will relays what Wayne and Ronan told him of the suspicious characters on the scene of the hangar explosion- ignoring Lahz’s radio summons for now.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”