Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rufus wrote:"I did, and it should have lasted as long as ours..." Rufus nods out loud (as he's not telepathic). "And no, I didn't read anything else. I'm largely guessing that it's even magical in the first place. But all things considered I don't think that's a huge stretch."

Once he gets to Calvin (and assuming Cal mentions how long he's been 'away'), he reaches down and casts another flight spell on him so he can fly up out of the water. "Oh yeah, we're gonna have to do something about this too -- we can't have a wet magical ape back on board; Vlad would blow a gasket or something... ধোয়া..." He gestures, and a wave of magic energy flows over Cal drying him off.

"There, that's better..." Rufus nods as he turns back towards the boat. "C'mon, let's get back on board before some giant flying fish decides we're a late-night snack."
"Agree, better to not tempt fate. I am pretty sure the ocean still has some surprises." she adds following Rufus back to the boat and lands safely on it. the idea of fly spells seemed very much like jet packs. Perhaps a few lessons in Jet packs once she gets home should be considered.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [16] = 16 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: 1d100: [58] = 58

Rory continues to monitor the area with her rune musket at the ready until Calvin's voice comes over the radio.

"Whew." she says, exhaling a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

As Rufus moves to help, she covers him as he heads out on his rescue mission. She notes Jason throwing a life ring but doesn't allow that to distract her. Attacking a rescuer was a classic villain move, hitting them while they were distracted.

"Not on my watch" she murmurs.

She continues monitoring until both Rufus and Calvin are safely back aboard the ship.

"Welcome back!" she says to the pair.

She raises her musket, placing its butt on the deck.

"I probably don't need this thing, but now that I have it out, it's probably better to keep it out."

She waits until Calvin has caught his breath.

"What on earth is that thing?" she asks him.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 115/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls held over)
Rory wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:01 am She continues monitoring until both Rufus and Calvin are safely back aboard the ship.

"Welcome back!" she says to the pair.

She raises her musket, placing its butt on the deck.

"I probably don't need this thing, but now that I have it out, it's probably better to keep it out."

She waits until Calvin has caught his breath.

"What on earth is that thing?" she asks him.
Calvin replies to Rory:

"I don't really know..."

As Teres and Rufus land and with most of the crew on the main deck, Calvin says the following to Rory:

"I hovered over the shimmering light for a bit, trying to discern what lies beneath the surface. None of my mystical or psychic senses turned up anything. So I detached my scope from my rifle, dialed down the magnifier power and stuck it through the surface... Immediately I was transported into this pool of water. I was submerged, euphoric, devoid of any worry. It took a few moments for me to find my motivation, which I then try to discern what was going on. I tried dropping a flair just to see which way was gravity, but it just floated with me. There was no sense of up or down. With no other option really, I just started swimming... and swimming. Until I had a weird vision..."

"I saw a dark jungle. It was hot and humid. One could move a brow without sweating. In the dense foliage in a distance, I heard the sounds of many things crashing through the brush. They were chasing something. I felt that if I didn't find what they were looking for first, then whatever my purpose was, I felt a lingering nag that it would be that much harder to fulfill."

"I know that in and of itself doesn't make sense, but here we are. Should we wait till the morning and stop to look for civilization nearby?"

Calvin waits for a response from the rest of the crew.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: May 5, 111 PA, 2:22 AM (5 minutes have passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
With Calvin back, the group chatters for a while over radio and telepathy while working to get Calvin out of the water. A minute or two later Calvin is safe and sound on the deck of the Sea Templar. It’s then that the questions begin pouring in, and all Calvin can do is describe what he experienced, as no one in the group still has any clue what actually just happened or what the Shimmering Water actually is.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"I know that in and of itself doesn't make sense, but here we are. Should we wait till the morning and stop to look for civilization nearby?"
Jessie shrugs. ”Calvin, I’m happy you’re okay. It seems benign enough for me, so I am going back to sleep. Rufus you have the helm for the rest of your shift.” Jessie says, before making her way down into the passenger compartment. This leaves the rest of the Templar, some likely still tired from not getting a full night of sleep standing on the deck.

What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain 7/7 days
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 215/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Fly as an Eagle (180 minutes)
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions:
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 42/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Fly as an Eagle (180 minutes)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 26/46, P.P.E.: 68/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions: Sustain 7/7 days
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD AOI 40/50
Conditions: Sustain 7/7 days
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [62] = 62
Calvin wrote:"I know that in and of itself doesn't make sense, but here we are. Should we wait till the morning and stop to look for civilization nearby?"
"That idea makes sense to me. When I learned to use Clairvoyance the visions often mean other things. Like dealing with spirits, gods and supernatural entities visions often relay unknown or difficult ideas that we perceive in concepts we do know. we can understand visual and experience so that often is how it hits us. What that vision means is another mystery for morning. that vagueness is one of the reason I try to not use Clairvoyance often. My suggestion Calvin ,for what it is worth. Visions can be vague or too spot on to be immediately of use sometimes." she says then thinks a moment, "Just mull over the images and try not to forget the details by writing or drawing it out before the details fully fade. Writing and drawing them out may help sort out its meaning." Teres offers. Visions and like a pair water spirits trying tell to find balance. Spirits rarely speak clearly even when they use short sentences. the woman thinks holding and looking over the rail for potential threats.

"As to 'Should we stay or should we go' question, I believe leaving before anything else hops out of that light or something that already has hopped out notices us. particularly things and beings that are not friendly. My recommendation is to leave under sail as too not spook anything if we can and then once a safe distance away we can use engines if needed. I did not sense animal life or anything else, but that does not mean there is nothing there. I can mask my thoughts, Psychic energy and abilities if choose to and I suspect other things can too. This 'portal' may have been here awhile and that is potentially time for things to come through. If you want to comeback and scout for civilization we can do that and not park near the light." the psi-druid suggests.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [96] = 96 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: 1d100: [43] = 43
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:09 am
As Teres and Rufus land and with most of the crew on the main deck, Calvin says the following to Rory:

"I hovered over the shimmering light for a bit, trying to discern what lies beneath the surface. None of my mystical or psychic senses turned up anything. So I detached my scope from my rifle, dialed down the magnifier power and stuck it through the surface... Immediately I was transported into this pool of water. I was submerged, euphoric, devoid of any worry. It took a few moments for me to find my motivation, which I then try to discern what was going on. I tried dropping a flair just to see which way was gravity, but it just floated with me. There was no sense of up or down. With no other option really, I just started swimming... and swimming. Until I had a weird vision..."

"I saw a dark jungle. It was hot and humid. One could move a brow without sweating. In the dense foliage in a distance, I heard the sounds of many things crashing through the brush. They were chasing something. I felt that if I didn't find what they were looking for first, then whatever my purpose was, I felt a lingering nag that it would be that much harder to fulfill."

"I know that in and of itself doesn't make sense, but here we are. Should we wait till the morning and stop to look for civilization nearby?"
Rory scratches her forehead.

"I dinnae know if that's a prophetic dream or a feverish nightmare. Either way, it's right weird."

She pauses to think for a minute.

"Seems ta me that it's kinda parallel ta what we're doin'. We're looking fer the Lemurians, and we've been plugging away at it fer a while now. If we don't find them, we don't get the information we're looking fer. I don't know if it's time-critical or not - perhaps it is. That pretty much matches your dream ta perfection.

I hope it's not a perfect match. Either it means we're running out of time, or that something out there knows what we're doing and it trying to make us *think* that we are, for whatever purpose that might be. Anything that can open a dimensional rift is something we don't want to mess with. And if it knows I can close that rift, it might want to prevent me from doing so.

She takes a breath, and her eyes refocus on Calvin.

"Maybe whatever opened that rift or portal or whatever it is, maybe they are trying ta help. Maybe it's just a dream that it drew from yer own mind, and reframed it in a more visualizable format.

A flash of a smile crossed her lips.

"Try sayin' that 10 times quickly. More visualizable format."

The smile fades, and she looks at the others on the deck, then back at Calvin.

"Ye survived crossing into another dimension, swimming fer hours, and coming back. Yer mind survived something, Hel, something we don't even know what it was. Maybe 'cause of yer heritage. It might be a bit safer fer the rest of us ta put some distance between ourselves and whatever that thing is. And maybe we should do it quietly. Mark this position if we want ta return later, then sail away as soon as we can get started. "

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 115/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d100 < 55%: [61] = 61
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [52] = 52

Calvin begrudgingly takes in what his other team mates are saying: 'This is allegory? It didn't feel that way. It's hard to connote how real it felt, or the sense of urgency it gave me. Still... we will probably not figure this out right now.'

"I doubt it was a feverish nightmare. I've been awake the whole time. None of the vision seemed disturbing. My heart rate never got elevated nor was I frightened while I was in the portal. It was actually a super relaxing swim for the better part of a day... I wish I could say 'it is what it is', but I'm not even sure what 'it' is..."

"Sigh, I don't know. Let's just throw the sails up and quietly get the fuck out of here..."

Without further ado, Calvin consciously checks the JA12 to zero his previously detached scope, then slings it back on the shoulder.

"Anyway, I'm not even tired. We should _really_ get going... Let's get back to work."

Calvin waits for a response from others.
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Calvin wrote:"I doubt it was a feverish nightmare. I've been awake the whole time. None of the vision seemed disturbing. My heart rate never got elevated nor was I frightened while I was in the portal. It was actually a super relaxing swim for the better part of a day... I wish I could say 'it is what it is', but I'm not even sure what 'it' is..."

"Sigh, I don't know. Let's just throw the sails up and quietly get the fuck out of here..."
"Clairvoyance and other psychic visions are any clearer sometimes after you let it sink in. You'll figure it out. for what its worth keep a dream journal and sketch book of it. Considering your magical nature it might dig up something up. No need to get frustrated." Teres says encouragingly as she heads below deck.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Teres Barton wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:25 pm
"Clairvoyance and other psychic visions are any clearer sometimes after you let it sink in. You'll figure it out. for what its worth keep a dream journal and sketch book of it. Considering your magical nature it might dig up something up. No need to get frustrated." Teres says encouragingly as she heads below deck.
Right. Man, psionics are weird... I don't get them, I just use them.

"Thanks Teres, Rory. I'll go meditate on this after this shift. Thanks."

"Alright, Rufus. Let's get out of here."
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [9*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [60] = 60

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: 184/303 at the start of this post
- Lantern Light: 259 minutes remaining
- Fly as the Eagle: 169 minutes remaining
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


Rufus touches back down on the deck of the boat and listens to Calvin's story. "Sounds like you went through some sort of time warp. And I didn't sense anything out of the ordinary from that glowing spot of seawater either -- but it's clearly some sort of portal. I'm just glad you popped back into reality when you did."

That vision sounds like the Dino Swamp to me -- though I guess the multiverse has no shortage of swampy locales... he adds to himself as he takes the helm back from Jessie. "Aye aye, captain. Alright, Cal and Toshi, let's get these sails out and put some distance between this neck of the ocean before something nastier than glowing seawater shows up." He gives the wheel a spin to give the glowing area a wide berth as they get back on course. For a moment or two he contemplates firing up the engine so as to depart the vicinity quicker, but ultimately decides against it as the noise might draw additional unwelcome attention.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:22 AM (8 days and 8 hours have passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
The group discusses Calvin’s experience for a little while longer, but in the end not a single person there can specifically tell Calvin what he actually experienced, While the scenario had a lot of similarities to portal travel, it had none of the markers that make it obvious, but to Calvin, he did experience some manner of translocation and temporal shift for the time the others thought he was missing. The group decides to make way with haste, and as if to add insult to a terrifying experience the glow in the water goes out, leaving the Templar to mull over that for a while.

The task of sailing away into the night is surprisingly easy and uneventful. Night turns into day and back into night again. As several days pass with little to no interest. Occasionally schools of brightly colored fish can be seen swimming near the boat, or the occasional quick interaction with another nearby vessel, all in all it’s easy to get into a routine when the world allows one to get into a routine.

Late morning eight days after the event of the Shimmering Water, the Templar see something unusual. In the distance, maybe six or seven hundred feet away a Whale of some variety surfaces and upon his back sits a person, wearing what appears to be a wetsuit with parts of a robe over top. At the moment the individual doesn’t seem to be paying the group any attention, as he seems to be looking out over the ocean at what appears to be the wreck of a large freighter a few miles away.

What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions:

Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 303/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions:

Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions:

Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions:

Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions:

Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: T-A14 Infantry "Trooper" Body Armor 95/95
Conditions:

Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d100 < 52%: [26] = 26
JIC: 1d100: [25] = 25 | 1d20: [8] = 8
Consumer wrote: Late morning eight days after the event of the Shimmering Water, the Templar see something unusual. In the distance, maybe six or seven hundred feet away a Whale of some variety surfaces and upon his back sits a person, wearing what appears to be a wetsuit with parts of a robe over top. At the moment the individual doesn’t seem to be paying the group any attention, as he seems to be looking out over the ocean at what appears to be the wreck of a large freighter a few miles away.
It is towards the middle of the day. Calvin had already finished his watch shift a few hours ago. After a hearty breakfast, he tried to find some calm and quiet in the lower galleys, but both qualities were scarce on a crowded boat. Climbing to the top deck, he takes in the hot sea air. The boat is moving at a brisk pace. Calvin took off his helmet to take in the warm wind. In the middle of the Pacific just as Spring changed into Summer, the sun rays would begin its relentless beat down right around this time of day.

Calvin took in a tall drink of water as he sat astern of the boat, dangling his legs off the side.

The language lessons with Toshi hadn't been completely unproductive, but progress was slow. Neither one of them were particularly well trained teachers. To make matters worse, English was Calvin's first language, but quite possibly Toshi's third. On some days it could get very frustrating.

Just as Calvin was concluding his thoughts, he looked up and saw the most unusual sight.

Is that a very large fish? Or is that some kind of whale? I don't really know. There's a dude sitting on top of it. Wearing a wetsuit. Then a robe on top. Why is he wearing a robe on top of a wet suit? That makes no sense. What's he looking at anyway?

Calvin detaches his scope off of his JA12 and peers in the direction of what the strange person is gazing upon.

That's a big ass boat. What is it doing here? Why did it get wrecked?

Looking back to the other folks at watch, he gets up and motions to Jesse:

"Hey Jesse, I'm gonna go get Jason and wake up Rufus. This might get interesting.

Without further ado, Calvin goes below decks to rouse and alert the more senior members of the adventuring group.

When they all gather atop the deck, Calvin asks:
"Folks, what should we do here? Should we all go over there in the boat or should Rufus take another person with him via flight spell, just in case?"

As he ponders with the group, Calvin keeps an eye out:

Ability and Skill Spam:
See Magic Energy. 1000 ft
Faint aura whenever more than 20 PPE points are present. Can see things made invisible by magic and invisible things that are magical (uses 1 attack per melee). Doesn't work on Invisibility: Superior. Range: 1,000' (305 m)

Detect Ambush: 1d100 < 58%: [14] = 14
Lore: Demon Monsters: 1d100 < 58%: [93] = 93 (What's the animal the rider is riding on? Has Calvin heard of it before?)
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge: 1d100 < 53%: [69] = 69 if applicable
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [79] = 79
Lore: Cattle & Animals 1d100: [9] = 9 /65%
Calvin wrote:"Hey Jesse, I'm gonna go get Jason and wake up Rufus. This might get interesting.
As the shifts went by she was getting more relaxed at sea. Still not a place she liked but it was less of imminent doom sort of feel. As a Psi-Druid she did like natural, but that did not mean she had to like all settings in nature. Her work with sails and rope were far better than the attempted Hammock. After this trip she would be able to use the rope better on land at least.

"We will need a few of his spells I think. Jesse, anything else on the radar you can see of interest?" she ask looking at the whale paying more attention to it than the guy on it. Then looks to Jesse waiting for the rest to get on deck. Better to not risk our ride and use a fly spell or two. This a chance I would not have had at home. I need to get up close to that whale. Not many whales end up in the plains. If anyone here knows what happened to that ship they might. Now to see what I remember about whales. The larger species of aquatic mammals belonging to the order Cetacea. The term 'whale' If I remember was used in reference to any cetacean, including porpoises and dolphins, but in general it is applied to those more than 3 metres (10 feet) long. With the exception of the dwarf sperm whale (Kogia simus) that was in the range of 2.7-metres or so. Named for its otherwise striking resemblance to its larger namesake. she thought with a grin looking to the whale again.
Calvin wrote:"Folks, what should we do here? Should we all go over there in the boat or should Rufus take another person with him via flight spell, just in case?"
"I would recommend two of us fly up to the whale all-friendly like and not risk the Sea Templar or all our mages unneeded. We can ask about the wreckage, what he or she is looking for, any local excitement and Lemuria. I can also get an aura read on that whale and if its injured heal it for the one sitting on the whale. though I doubt that it will be needed, but always nice to have that option." she offers looking to the whale and around the Sea Templar just in case. With mages there did not seem to be a need for mundane skills or psionics so much.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 36%
JiC d100: 1d100: [59] = 59 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [4] = 4

Calvin's disappearance and (to the Sea Templar's timeframe) swift return passed quickly for Toshiko. While she was quiet during the event itself, she didn't not trouble the demigod with her own inexpert opinion on what had occurred. My experienced with magic are very limited. I'm sure I've witnessed more significant magical events my short while with the Templar than my entire time in Japan. She did, however, let the ape know that she was glad he was back and safe.
Calvin wrote:The language lessons with Toshi hadn't been completely unproductive, but progress was slow. Neither one of them were particularly well trained teachers. To make matters worse, English was Calvin's first language, but quite possibly Toshi's third. On some days it could get very frustrating.
American being the Kankoran's fourth language certainly didn't help things along with her lack of training. She tried not to bring it up, but it was obvious multiple other languages came up first in her mind. Still, she plugs along the lessons with Calvin, even though she carries a growing certainty that neither of them were going to get very far without a serious reconsideration of how they were going about things, or getting a more professional teacher involved.

As the whale surfaces not too far away, Toshiko is below deck, resting in her seat after finishing a late breakfast. The fox-woman's tail swishes idly, the Kankoran finding herself a touch bored. Even with her own training routine, the lessons with Calvin, and the shipboard duties she helped with, Toshi finds that she has a bit more free time than she'd prefer.

It's almost a relief when her augmented hearing picks up the conversation above. By the time Calvin is gathering the other members of the Templars, Toshiko has made her way up on her own, peering out with her magnification to view the whale and its passenger.
Calvin wrote:"Folks, what should we do here? Should we all go over there in the boat or should Rufus take another person with him via flight spell, just in case?"
Teres Barton wrote:"I would recommend two of us fly up to the whale all-friendly like and not risk the Sea Templar or all our mages unneeded. We can ask about the wreckage, what he or she is looking for, any local excitement and Lemuria. I can also get an aura read on that whale and if its injured heal it for the one sitting on the whale. though I doubt that it will be needed, but always nice to have that option." she offers looking to the whale and around the Sea Templar just in case. With mages there did not seem to be a need for mundane skills or psionics so much.
Toshiko muses that over a moment, idly touching the hilt of one of her swords as she does so, as if looking for advice from the magical weapon. "So long as we're not accidentally sneaking up on the person, that might work. Depending on their focus, a flying person might be hard to spot." She defers to the Templars' opinions on the matter, though, knowing her feelings as a guest on the boat weren't as pressing as that of the actual crew.
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Toshiko wrote:"So long as we're not accidentally sneaking up on the person, that might work. Depending on their focus, a flying person might be hard to spot."
"We will announce our selves and keep our hands free of weapons. It should be fine provided I don't make comments on his or her mother and her dating habits or dress size." she responds with a grin. chcking her bow and such.

"And if you have ideas speak up. You are one of us until you get a way home. I know what its like to live with out family. So no need to be alone or feel you are not part of the family that is the Templars. We are Brothers in arms." Teres adds. Hell they welcomed me. about time I paid that back to someone. she thinks as she places the bow back in its sheath.

"So who does the flying and can we have some tongues spells handed out? I trust the Pizza topping in my ear, but first impressions and all." she smirks, "Provided the boss approves and we have no better idea to add?" she looks to Jason and Rufus then the rest.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [42] = 42 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: 1d100: [20] = 20

Rory has taken to sitting on the deck, meditating on her recent inability to get the hang of woodworking.

It's the sea. It's got to be. Never had this many problems on land. Something about the movement of the ship is throwing me off. Need to focus better, and see if I can tune out the constant rolling.

Just as she thinks she's got the calm sorted and is getting in touch with her inner self (but before she starts *actually* snoring), she overhears the conversation and it brings her back to the moment.
Teres Barton wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:45 pm "So who does the flying and can we have some tongues spells handed out? I trust the Pizza topping in my ear, but first impressions and all." she smirks, "Provided the boss approves and we have no better idea to add?" she looks to Jason and Rufus then the rest.
Rory speaks up from where she's sitting.

"I can do the Tongues spell on anyone that needs it. It'll save Rufus casting it. If he's going ta fly ye over there, he may need the energy fer something a mite more urgent than Tongues. Who needs it?"

She looks over the group.

"An' if any of ye need any other spells cast, I'll be happy ta help. As long as it's one I know, o'course."
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:27 AM (5 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Calvin: See Magic Energy: Both the human rider and the Whale have more than 20 P.P.E..
Detect Ambush Not a particularly good place for an ambush.
Lore: Demon Monsters (What's the animal the rider is riding on? Has Calvin heard of it before?) No idea.
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge Not sure what you were going for with this skill.
Teres: Lore: Cattle & Animals It’s a Humpback Whale, a large filter feeding whale, known for its hauntingly beautiful songs.


Calvin looks out over the distance with his scope, and sees the rider pretty clearly, a dark skinned man with wild curly hair. He’s wearing what appears to be a very modern wetsuit under a loose blue/green shaded robe of course loose fiber. He appears to have gear, but what it is, is hard to tell at the distance. Switching view to the wrecked freighter, the boat doesn’t look new at all, likely crashed long ago. It’s not clear as the distance from the boat to the wreck is quite extensive, but Calvin thinks he can make out that the ship has been partially salvaged at some point in the past.
Teres Barton wrote:"We will need a few of his spells I think. Jesse, anything else on the radar you can see of interest?"
Jessie shakes her head. ”No idea, I don’t know how any of that works.” Jessie says pointing to the sensor display. The group discusses what to do, and comes up with the plan to fly over there and talk with the rider. The group is working out who is to do what when the rider and whale turn and begin heading towards the boat on their own.

Rufus quickly throws a few tongues spells on the group as the rider approaches. The whale glides through the water surprisingly quick for a creature it’s size. The rider and whale slow and stop approximately fifty feet from the boat. ”Hail! Pleasant skies to you.” The rider says.

What are your Intentions?

GM Note: Please, make a note of what the skill is for, in parenthesis next to the skill, even if it seems obvious. Also don’t assume what your character would know based off of a skill roll. That is for the GM to do and I can and will penalize till it’s a failure if need be. ~Consumer


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions:

Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 255/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions:

Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: T-A14 Infantry "Trooper" Body Armor 95/95
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [33] = 33


That is a sight I won't see too often. A live whale! The pictures hardly do them justice. then looks back to the rider.

"Pleasant skies to you as well. My name is Teres, we are the Templar. It is a pleasure to meet you." she pauses indicating the rest letting them introduce themselves as she spoke plainly and without hostile tones, " I hope we are not interrupting anything critical. If I may ask a few questions, provided you have the time to spare?" Provided they agree to answer continues. Well some people still have good manners out here—still some hope for the world. she thinks looking at him/her and the whale.

"We saw some wreckage nearby and I was curious if you knew anything about it. It seems near enough to you and since you were here before us I thought you might know what caused it or who they were. We aren't locals so our knowledge of the region is limited. We are here on a mission to find Lemurians for a person who helped our friend. Any assistance would be welcome and if we can we repay you for your help." Teres asks with a smile.

Teres adds, "If I may ask about your ride. Is that a Humpback Whale? If I seem unusually excited it is because I normally live on the plains and do not see a lot of sea life. As a Psi-Druid I like to learn about natural creatures safely." The woman looks curious. I may be mistaken, even if I am not it is conversation. Or am I just too curious? she thinks.
Last edited by Teres Barton on Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d20 < 52%: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100: [3] = 3 | 1d20: [12] = 12
Consumer wrote: Calvin looks out over the distance with his scope, and sees the rider pretty clearly, a dark skinned man with wild curly hair. He’s wearing what appears to be a very modern wetsuit under a loose blue/green shaded robe of course loose fiber. He appears to have gear, but what it is, is hard to tell at the distance. Switching view to the wrecked freighter, the boat doesn’t look new at all, likely crashed long ago. It’s not clear as the distance from the boat to the wreck is quite extensive, but Calvin thinks he can make out that the ship has been partially salvaged at some point in the past.

Jessie shakes her head. ”No idea, I don’t know how any of that works.” Jessie says pointing to the sensor display. The group discusses what to do, and comes up with the plan to fly over there and talk with the rider. The group is working out who is to do what when the rider and whale turn and begin heading towards the boat on their own.

Rufus quickly throws a few tongues spells on the group as the rider approaches. The whale glides through the water surprisingly quick for a creature it’s size. The rider and whale slow and stop approximately fifty feet from the boat. ”Hail! Pleasant skies to you.” The rider says.
The wrecks been there for awhile. It had been partially salvaged already. It's probably not going to move on its own anymore. I wonder if anything interesting is living on or around there, if there is a community at all. I suppose we can look for fires or other forms of civilization.

What's the whale guy wearing underneath his robe? Is that a wet suit? That's a pretty modern design... Rider's got gear underneath all that as well... They just surfaced a while ago, does the rider need gear to breathe underwater or are they capable of doing that on their own? I don't even know what gender it is, if it belongs to a species that has that concept...

Fastening his scope back to his rifle, he slings it on his back and casts Tongues on himself. As the rider approaches, Calvin offers a polite wave. As a sign of non-aggression, Calvin takes off his helmet.

While Teres speaks, Calvin takes a closer look at the whale. He is looking for battle scars, presence of magic or psionics.

I thought the Lemurians are secretive. Their friends would respect that. Why is Teres opening with that?

"Good day to you as well. My name is Calvin. Aside from Teres, beside me are Rufus, Jason, Rory and Toshiko. We are a travelling group of adventurers that like to help the needy and downtrodden. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"You looked like you were studying the wreck over there before you came over to introduce yourself. Is there anything of note that we should be wary of?"

As Calvin speaks, he quickly scans for any movement underneath the water. He's looking for specific things that could possibly spring a trap.

Looking to inspire trust: 1d100 < 55%: [79] = 79
Looking to impress: 1d100 <60%: [75] = 75

Looking for signs of magic: (Sense Magic in Use: 400 ft, See Magic Energy: 1000ft)
Lore: Magic (General) 1d100 < 53%: [100] = 100 (Looking for technowizardry or biomancy stuff)
Lore: Demon/Monster 1d100 < 58%: [50] = 50 (Is there any physical characteristics of the whale or whale rider that would deem concerning?)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 < 58%: [49] = 49 (Is this some sort of trap?)
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [19] = 19 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: 1d100: [85] = 85

Rory saves Rufus the expense of casting Tongues by casting it on herself.

He's better at combat magic than I am, so it's probably better that I leave him as much in reserve as I can. Y'know, I really should learn some proper combat magic sometime. Need something fire-focused, something lightning-focused, and, hmm, maybe something cold-based. And flying, of course, need that too. And something defensive, too, something I can cast to protect my allies.

She stops wool-gathering, and returns her attention to the moment as Teres starts to talk.

Damn, the lass speaks well. Dunno if they'll listen to her, but she's definitely better than me.

As Teres speaks, she racks her memory, trying to remember anything that might giver her some insights into this person in front of her - or the whale he rides.

Lore: Demon/Monster 1d100<70% 1d100: [36] = 36

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 153/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [95] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [46] = 46

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: ???/303 at the start of this post (I won't worry about this until I have to)
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


Rufus is right in the middle of a good dream when he's roused from sleep, so it takes him a few minutes to shake loose the mental cobwebs and make his way up on deck. The sight of a human riding a whale piques his curiosity like a hot cup of coffee, however. "Well... that's something you don't see every day..." he mutters to himself.

When the rider starts approaching the boat, he'll happily cast any translation spells requested (including on himself -- you only get one chance at a first impression, after all) and starts to try and pick up his scent before he realizes it's likely to be a fruitless endeavor.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:25 amRufus quickly throws a few tongues spells on the group as the rider approaches. The whale glides through the water surprisingly quick for a creature its size. The rider and whale slow and stop approximately fifty feet from the boat. ”Hail! Pleasant skies to you.” The rider says.
Teres Barton wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 am"Pleasant skies to you as well. My name is Teres, we are the Templar. It is a pleasure to meet you." she pauses indicating the rest letting them introduce themselves as she spoke plainly and without hostile tones, " I hope we are not interrupting anything critical. If I may ask a few questions, provided you have the time to spare?"

"We saw some wreckage nearby and I was curious if you knew anything about it. It seems near enough to you and since you were here before us I thought you might know what caused it or who they were. We aren't locals so our knowledge of the region is limited. We are here on a mission to find Lemurians for a person who helped our friend. Any assistance would be welcome and if we can we repay you for your help." Teres asks with a smile.

Teres adds, "If I may ask about your ride. Is that a Humpback Whale? If I seem unusually excited it is because I normally live on the plains and do not see a lot of sea life. As a Psi-Druid I like to learn about natural creatures safely."
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:59 pm"Good day to you as well. My name is Calvin. Aside from Teres, beside me are Rufus, Jason, Rory and Toshiko. We are a travelling group of adventurers that like to help the needy and downtrodden. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"You looked like you were studying the wreck over there before you came over to introduce yourself. Is there anything of note that we should be wary of?"
"Hail and well met, friend! Pleasant skies to you as well!" Rufus offers a smile and a slight bow, trying to make the most of said first impression. "The Templar have been introduced, so now it's your turn. What may we call you?"

Charm/Impress: 1d100<40: [36*] = 1
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<25: [23*] = 1

"And to echo my friend Teres, I'm curious about you and your magnificent steed as well..." Rufus nods. "I've never seen or heard of someone riding a whale -- well, outside of stories about a fictional hero of the seas clad in orange and green armor anyway." He chuckles. "How do you manage to hang on? Is it specialized training for you or the whale? Or both? Or do you share some sort of familiar link with each other?" I've heard of spellcasters having familiars, he thinks to himself, but never anything this massive before. If he's managed to make a whale his familiar, he's got to be a pretty powerful mage...

Even as the thought trails off, Rufus tries to 'read' the whale and its rider -- as well as the surrounding area -- with his arcane senses.

Sense Ley Line: 90 miles (144.8 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. 1d100<77: [27*] = 1
Sense Ley Line Nexus: Can follow ley line to as many nexus points as it may have. 1d100<87: [58*] = 1
Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 130 miles (209.2 km) of him.
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 900’ (274.3 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:27 AM (5 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Calvin: Sense Magic in Use: No magic in use.
See Magic Energy: Both the man and the Humpback Whale have higher than 20 P.P.E.
Lore: Magic (General) (Looking for technowizardry or biomancy stuff) Crit Fail, nothing seen.
Lore: Demon/Monster (Is there any physical characteristics of the whale or whale rider that would deem concerning?): This skill doesn’t cover mundane creatures.
Detect Ambush: (Is this some sort of trap?) Same answer as before, a unlikely place for an ambush.
Rory: Lore: Demon/Monster Auto-Fail due to not following instructions.
Rufus: Sense Ley Line: None in range.
Sense Ley Line Nexus: None in range.
Sense a Rift: None in range
Sense Magic in Use: None in range
See Magic Energy. Both the man and the Whale have more than 20 P.P.E.

Teres Barton wrote:"Pleasant skies to you as well. My name is Teres, we are the Templar. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope we are not interrupting anything critical. If I may ask a few questions, provided you have the time to spare?"

The man nods. ”Nope, nothing critical mate. Go ahead and ask away.”
Teres Barton wrote:"We saw some wreckage nearby and I was curious if you knew anything about it. It seems near enough to you and since you were here before us I thought you might know what caused it or who they were. We aren't locals so our knowledge of the region is limited. We are here on a mission to find Lemurians for a person who helped our friend. Any assistance would be welcome and if we can we repay you for your help."
The man nods his head listening to Teres questions. ”The old Highwind wreck, been there longer than I’ve been alive, wrecked in some storm I’ve been told, area is lousy with underwater hazards. Lemurian’s are pretty cool, hope you find some. You need help with what?” The man asks.
Teres Barton wrote:"If I may ask about your ride. Is that a Humpback Whale? If I seem unusually excited it is because I normally live on the plains and do not see a lot of sea life. As a Psi-Druid I like to learn about natural creatures safely."
The man’s look sours a bit. ”You mean my friend, yes she’s a humpback whale. I wouldn’t suppose that sea life would be anywhere but the sea.” The man responds.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"Good day to you as well. My name is Calvin. Aside from Teres, beside me are Rufus, Jason, Rory and Toshiko. We are a travelling group of adventurers that like to help the needy and downtrodden. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
The man nods and waves. ”Pleasure.”
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"You looked like you were studying the wreck over there before you came over to introduce yourself. Is there anything of note that we should be wary of?"
”Not studying it, more just looking, was taking a breather. Things to be wary… Some of the islands around here are under water, and could possibly damage your boat. But you’re in such a small ship, that it seems unlikely.” The man says.
Rufus wrote:"Hail and well met, friend! Pleasant skies to you as well! The Templar have been introduced, so now it's your turn. What may we call you?"
The man chuckles. ”Oh I’m, Liam, and she’s Crosses the Undertow.” Liam says patting the back of the humpback whale.
Rufus wrote:"And to echo my friend Teres, I'm curious about you and your magnificent steed as well... I've never seen or heard of someone riding a whale -- well, outside of stories about a fictional hero of the seas clad in orange and green armor anyway. How do you manage to hang on? Is it specialized training for you or the whale? Or both? Or do you share some sort of familiar link with each other?"
Liam makes a face of compilation, nods, and sighs. ”Yeah, it’s not real common. I have been doing it for years, so it’s really a skill. I know some of the other locals have specialized saddles and other contraptions for such things. Familiar Link, oh no, Crosses is much to advanced a being for such things, I once had a Stellar Eagle as a familiar, but let her loose when she expressed an interest in having kids. Liam says.

Jessie looks over at the duo and smiles before going back to the helm. Vlad is nowhere to be seen, likely toiling away below deck keeping Igor company.

”You folk heading somewhere in particular…” Liam says, pausing. ”Besides looking aimlessly looking for Lemurians?” Liam finishes with a chuckle.

What are your Intentions?



Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions:

Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 255/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions:

Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: T-A14 Infantry "Trooper" Body Armor 95/95
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [11] = 11 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [61] = 61

"We have a port with a contact that may have a lead to the floating city Gamu. on another note. I was curious about the Highwind, what was she doing out here? just cargo runs or something specific? What was her captain like? " she spoke with a grin, "It's fun to chase legends and myths so far. Easier for me on solid ground."

Perhaps the Highwind was on a similar mission as we are. Cargoes often include humans and living passengers. like myth hunters like us.. If so it could have information or a log. Given its age though she felt it was a long shot not knowing Liam's age and life span. Still, a long shot was a shot. It could also have some old history worth finding and that in itself was a good cause. so was it so bad?
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d100 < 52%: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [13] = 13
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:52 am
Calvin: Sense Magic in Use: No magic in use.
See Magic Energy: Both the man and the Humpback Whale have higher than 20 P.P.E.


...

The man nods his head listening to Teres questions. ”The old Highwind wreck, been there longer than I’ve been alive, wrecked in some storm I’ve been told, area is lousy with underwater hazards. Lemurian’s are pretty cool, hope you find some. You need help with what?” The man asks.

The man’s look sours a bit. ”You mean my friend, yes she’s a humpback whale. I wouldn’t suppose that sea life would be anywhere but the sea.” The man responds.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"You looked like you were studying the wreck over there before you came over to introduce yourself. Is there anything of note that we should be wary of?"
”Not studying it, more just looking, was taking a breather. Things to be wary… Some of the islands around here are under water, and could possibly damage your boat. But you’re in such a small ship, that it seems unlikely.” The man says.

”You folk heading somewhere in particular…” Liam says, pausing. ”Besides looking aimlessly looking for Lemurians?” Liam finishes with a chuckle.
Both the rider and the whale are magical. Although to what extent is unknown. They don't seem to be needing magic to sustain themselves underwater. I think we should just ask what we need to ask and go from there. What is really cool is that the rider treats the whale as a peer. Crosses is intelligent. I wonder if there is a way to communicate with him too.

Well now that Liam's offering to help... Might as well go for broke.

"Liam and Crosses, nice to make your acquaintance. Since you are offering to help, I have some questions.
We are on our way to Port Moresby to make some enquiries, but we had hoped to make some stops along the way to try out luck as well. For example, according to our sea maps, there seems to be a village off the coast to the north west of us. I would love to try our luck there. Do you know anything of this village settlement?

We are trying to find an individual that presides on Gamu, we are running an errand and need to reach him. However, since Lemurian cities move, and Lemurians like to keep their whereabouts to themselves, we have not had much luck. We were told of locations of previous sightings of Lemurians, so we are investigating.
"

"Therein lies our quest. Is there anything interesting on the wreck that could help us along the way?"

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you fellows doing out here?"

Calvin waits for an answer while he flicks on a few psionics.

(Sense Evil -2 ISP)
(See Aura -6 ISP)

(Attempt to invoke Trust: 1d100 < 55: [79] = 79 )
(Attempt to impress/charm: 1d100 < 60: [14] = 14 )
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [41*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [73] = 73

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: 255/303 at the start of this post
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:52 am”Oh I’m, Liam, and she’s Crosses the Undertow.” Liam says patting the back of the humpback whale.
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you both," Rufus chuckles as well. "My people have a saying: 'strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.' And it's always good to meet friendly faces -- especially out here, where they are so few and far between."

His ears flick imperceptibly as Teres and Calvin ask their questions. Odin's beard, that's more information than I would have given them right off the bat... but he seems friendly enough thus far. His internal mention of the All-Father takes him somewhat by surprise as he's not in the habit of doing so. Hmph. My chats with Jessie may be having an effect, he notes with a slight grin.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:52 am”Yeah, it’s not real common. I have been doing it for years, so it’s really a skill. I know some of the other locals have specialized saddles and other contraptions for such things. Familiar Link, oh no, Crosses is much to advanced a being for such things, I once had a Stellar Eagle as a familiar, but let her loose when she expressed an interest in having kids."
At the mention of a Stellar's Sea Eagle, Rufus' eyes narrow slightly as he searches his memory to see if he's ever heard of one.
I know their range is primarily the northeastern Asia coastline, but they have also been found in North America at locations including the Pribilof Islands and Kodiak Island, as well as Texas, Nova Scotia, Massachusetts, Maine, and Newfoundland.

Zoology 1d100<87: [14*] = 1


"Fascinating..." Rufus says, rubbing his muzzle. "We occasionally see Stellar's Eagles along the Atlantic Coast, but not very often. They are magnificent creatures, and I'd wager the one you were linked with was no exception."

He pauses and clears his throat (a human habit he picked up in spite of himself). "But anyway... I can see you both are magically adept. While it's true our main goal is to find Gamu, I have to admit I'm curious about the local disciplines of the mystic arts and would love to 'talk shop' if you have some time to spare. If you'd like to come aboard, I'm sure our head of the household would be happy to fix you something to eat or drink." He looks down at the whale. "Crosses, I'd invite you aboard as well but that might be a bit... difficult, you know?" He chuckles. "I'm sure Vlad has something tucked away that you'd enjoy, though -- perhaps I could bring it to you?"
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: 1d100: [28] = 28

Rory lets the others speak, staying a bit behind them.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:52 am The man nods his head listening to Teres questions. ”The old Highwind wreck, been there longer than I’ve been alive, wrecked in some storm I’ve been told, area is lousy with underwater hazards. Lemurian’s are pretty cool, hope you find some. You need help with what?” The man asks.
At this she steps forward a little, her eyes sparkling. As she does so, she slows, looks around, and stops moving forward.

Darn, now is not the time to ask about the wreck. It's an old one, this Liam doesn't really pay it any attention, so there's no point interrupting a conversation that might lead to Lemurians just because I'm interested in the wreck.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:52 am ”You folk heading somewhere in particular…” Liam says, pausing. ”Besides looking aimlessly looking for Lemurians?” Liam finishes with a chuckle.
Rory blushes a little when he speaks.

Ouch. He nailed us with that one.

She chuckles with him.

"Can't deny that one. If ye've any suggestions on how ta make it a bit less aimless, I, fer one, am all ears."

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 153/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [73] = 73 %
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [46] = 46

Jason walks to the side of the boat and greets Liam, "I am Jason Long, Liam. It is a pleasure to meet you and Crosses the Undertow. She is a beautiful whale, also the first I have ever seen. "
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:52 am ”You folk heading somewhere in particular…” Liam says, pausing. ”Besides looking aimlessly looking for Lemurians?” Liam finishes with a chuckle.
Jason chuckles as well at the comment, then becomes more serious when Calvin is finished speaking. "Actually, I am personally also trying to find someone with the New Navy. We came across a settlement that had been attacked by the Naut'yll. We found evidence that a member of the New Navy was killed. As a soldier, I feel a responsibility to tell his command. I know what it is like, having the lack of closure when a comrade is MIA. If you would know a way to get in touch with them, I would be in your debt."
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:32 AM (5 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Sense Evil: None is sensed in range.
See Aura (Similar Aura’s for both Liam and Crosses the Undertow)
• Estimate the general level of experience: medium
• The presence of magic: Yes
• The presence of psychic abilities: Yes
• High or low base P.P.E.: High
• The presence of a Possessing Entity: None.
• The presence of an unusual human aberration: Non-Human.

Teres wrote:"We have a port with a contact that may have a lead to the floating city Gamu. on another note. I was curious about the Highwind, what was she doing out here? just cargo runs or something specific? What was her captain like? It's fun to chase legends and myths so far. Easier for me on solid ground."
Liam nods as Teres speaks. ”Sounds like a quest, I’ve seen their floating cities in the past, couldn’t tell you where they are, as they move it frequently, and randomly. As for the wreck, no idea, it happened before I was even born. Just a landmark at this point. Maybe if you find a real old timer, they may know something.” Liam says.
Calvin wrote:"Liam and Crosses, nice to make your acquaintance. Since you are offering to help, I have some questions. We are on our way to Port Moresby to make some enquiries, but we had hoped to make some stops along the way to try out luck as well. For example, according to our sea maps, there seems to be a village off the coast to the north west of us. I would love to try our luck there. Do you know anything of this village settlement?


Liam looks to Calvin. ”Oh that’s a fishing village, couldn’t tell you the name of it. They seem like nice people. Probably can get fish pretty cheap there.” Liam says, gesturing in the general direction of the unnamed village from the map.

Calvin wrote:We are trying to find an individual that presides on Gamu, we are running an errand and need to reach him. However, since Lemurian cities move, and Lemurians like to keep their whereabouts to themselves, we have not had much luck. We were told of locations of previous sightings of Lemurians, so we are investigating."
Liam nods. ”Best bet is to find a Lemurian and save him, or make friends. Which still might not work, but hey worth a shot.” Liam says.
Calvin wrote:"Therein lies our quest. Is there anything interesting on the wreck that could help us along the way?"
”Doubt it, been picked over more than a whale carcass.” Liam says.
Calvin wrote:"If you don't mind me asking, what are you fellows doing out here?"
”Walkabout. Just wandering around looking for something interesting to do.” Liam says with a warm smile.
Rufus wrote:"Well it's a pleasure to meet you both, My people have a saying: 'strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.' And it's always good to meet friendly faces -- especially out here, where they are so few and far between."
”A good phrase, I like it. I may borrow that in the future.” Liam says.
Rufus wrote:"Fascinating... We occasionally see Stellar's Eagles along the Atlantic Coast, but not very often. They are magnificent creatures, and I'd wager the one you were linked with was no exception."
”She was a good bird, very fierce and loyal.” Liam says, obviously fondly remembering his old familiar.
Rory wrote:"Can't deny that one. If ye've any suggestions on how ta make it a bit less aimless, I, fer one, am all ears."
Liam shrugs. ”I am certainly the last person to ask that question, I prefer aimless, much more fun that way. At least that’s our opinion.” Liam says
Jason wrote: "I am Jason Long, Liam. It is a pleasure to meet you and Crosses the Undertow. She is a beautiful whale, also the first I have ever seen. "
”She says thank you.” Liam says with a smirk.
Jason wrote:"Actually, I am personally also trying to find someone with the New Navy. We came across a settlement that had been attacked by the Naut'yll. We found evidence that a member of the New Navy was killed. As a soldier, I feel a responsibility to tell his command. I know what it is like, having the lack of closure when a comrade is MIA. If you would know a way to get in touch with them, I would be in your debt."
Don’t have many dealings with them, they’re not a fan of non-humans. They don’t go out of their way to attack them, but they certainly don’t go out of their way to make them feel comfortable. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t know it already, but maybe you can find some of them in Port Moresby, they visit there sometimes.” Liam says. It’s apparent from his tone he is not a fan of the New Navy.
Rufus wrote:"But anyway... I can see you both are magically adept. While it's true our main goal is to find Gamu, I have to admit I'm curious about the local disciplines of the mystic arts and would love to 'talk shop' if you have some time to spare. If you'd like to come aboard, I'm sure our head of the household would be happy to fix you something to eat or drink. Crosses, I'd invite you aboard as well but that might be a bit... difficult, you know? I'm sure Vlad has something tucked away that you'd enjoy, though -- perhaps I could bring it to you?"
Liam seems to consider it for a moment. ”Yeah we have some time. Gimme a sec.” Liam says as he kind of rolls off the back of Crosses the Undertow, as she submerges for a few moments. Those with the senses for magic, can feel something happen. The packs that were previously strapped to the back of Crosses, float to the surface, and a Liam and a beautiful dark skinned woman with raven black hair emerge. The duo easily swim the distance to the Sea Templar, climbing aboard the platform on the back.

”May I reintroduce Crosses the Undertow, she’s what’s called a Pneuma-Biform. We’ll have about three hours of her in this form.” Liam says, introducing the woman, who is wearing a simple outfit made from woven sea plants.

”Hello, I don’t normally do this, but I am a bit peckish, so you’ve got my curiosity.” Crosses says in a soft voice.

What are your Intentions?



Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions:

Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 255/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions:

Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 38/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: T-A14 Infantry "Trooper" Body Armor 95/95
Conditions: Tongues (27 minutes)

Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:24 am
Sense Evil: None is sensed in range.
See Aura (Similar Aura’s for both Liam and Crosses the Undertow)
• Estimate the general level of experience: medium
• The presence of magic: Yes
• The presence of psychic abilities: Yes
• High or low base P.P.E.: High
• The presence of a Possessing Entity: None.
• The presence of an unusual human aberration: Non-Human.


Liam looks to Calvin. ”Oh that’s a fishing village, couldn’t tell you the name of it. They seem like nice people. Probably can get fish pretty cheap there.” Liam says, gesturing in the general direction of the unnamed village from the map.

Liam nods. ”Best bet is to find a Lemurian and save him, or make friends. Which still might not work, but hey worth a shot.” Liam says.

”Doubt it, been picked over more than a whale carcass.” Liam says.
Calvin wrote:"If you don't mind me asking, what are you fellows doing out here?"
”Walkabout. Just wandering around looking for something interesting to do.” Liam says with a warm smile.
Jason wrote:"Actually, I am personally also trying to find someone with the New Navy. We came across a settlement that had been attacked by the Naut'yll. We found evidence that a member of the New Navy was killed. As a soldier, I feel a responsibility to tell his command. I know what it is like, having the lack of closure when a comrade is MIA. If you would know a way to get in touch with them, I would be in your debt."
Don’t have many dealings with them, they’re not a fan of non-humans. They don’t go out of their way to attack them, but they certainly don’t go out of their way to make them feel comfortable. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t know it already, but maybe you can find some of them in Port Moresby, they visit there sometimes.” Liam says. It’s apparent from his tone he is not a fan of the New Navy.

Liam seems to consider it for a moment. ”Yeah we have some time. Gimme a sec.” Liam says as he kind of rolls off the back of Crosses the Undertow, as she submerges for a few moments. Those with the senses for magic, can feel something happen. The packs that were previously strapped to the back of Crosses, float to the surface, and a Liam and a beautiful dark skinned woman with raven black hair emerge. The duo easily swim the distance to the Sea Templar, climbing aboard the platform on the back.

”May I reintroduce Crosses the Undertow, she’s what’s called a Pneuma-Biform. We’ll have about three hours of her in this form.” Liam says, introducing the woman, who is wearing a simple outfit made from woven sea plants.

”Hello, I don’t normally do this, but I am a bit peckish, so you’ve got my curiosity.” Crosses says in a soft voice.


Per: 1d100 < 52: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100: [5] = 5 | 1d20: [17] = 17

Upon hearing that the nearby settlement is a fishing village, Calvin's ears perk up.

Addressing the group, Calvin says: "Maybe we can use more food. I'll go ahead and ask Vlad if we should make for land just in case."

As Liam avails himself of knowledge of the local area and environment at large, Calvin nods and acknowledges politely everything Liam is saying. He wants to connote that he is an active conversation partner, not just fishing for information. All the while, thoughts percolate.

No idea where the Lemurians are. Either he is unwilling to disclose or he just doesn't know. The bit about making friends seem to be paramount. I'd love to be useful to some natives of the sea... Just have to find an opportunity to prove our collective worths...

He is looking for interesting things to do. Maybe he's looking for interesting people to do them with...

He seems to know a bit about Port Moresby, maybe we can ask a few questions about that. We should try and arrive prepared.

As Crosses sinks under the water and re-emerges, Calvin's magic senses become alarmed. What is going on?!. Crosses re-emerging from the water moments later amounts to nothing less than Calvin's astonishment.

Trying to keep his surprise to himself, he listens to Liam explain that Crosses is a "Pneuma-Biform". Searching his memory for any references to such a being (Demon/Monster: Lore) 1d100 < 58%: [23] = 23 , he ponders a bit...
(OOC: Please let me know if Calvin knows anything about this).

Nice to know about the New Navy. One of the better armed players in the area, and of course they don't feel good towards non-humans. Liam doesn't seem to express any love lost.

As he is about to descend below decks, Jason starts asking questions...
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [44] = 44 %
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [39] = 39

Skills:
((Cook--87% / 1d100: [12] = 12 % )) Assisting Vlad if needed.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:24 am Don’t have many dealings with them, they’re not a fan of non-humans. They don’t go out of their way to attack them, but they certainly don’t go out of their way to make them feel comfortable. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t know it already, but maybe you can find some of them in Port Moresby, they visit there sometimes.” Liam says. It’s apparent from his tone he is not a fan of the New Navy.
Jason expresses his disappointment in the New Navy. "I have heard that before. Unfortunately, I've had some experience with that attitude back home. The leadership of the Army of the Southern Cross was xenophobic. They distrusted our Zentraedi allies and discriminated against them. That doesn't change my duty towards another soldier. " Jason tries not to stare as Liam and Crosses the Undertow come aboard. Amazing, beautiful.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:24 am ”May I reintroduce Crosses the Undertow, she’s what’s called a Pneuma-Biform. We’ll have about three hours of her in this form.” Liam says, introducing the woman, who is wearing a simple outfit made from woven sea plants.

”Hello, I don’t normally do this, but I am a bit peckish, so you’ve got my curiosity.” Crosses says in a soft voice.
Jason recovers his manners quickly, offering his hand to Liam and Crosses in turn. "Welcome aboard the Sea Templar, Liam and Crosses the Undertow. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Do we need to throw a line around your belongings so they don't drift off? " Jason steps back to allow the other Templar to introduce themselves. Jason then introduces Jesse to them, "and this is Jesse our skipper, without whom we would be completely lost manning a boat. Our cook is Vlad. without whom we would be reduced to eating rations." He smiles as introductions are made and then checks with Vlad to see what he can prepare and to see if he would like to meet their guests. Once arrangements are made, Jason asks Vlad if he would like some assistance. IF he does, Jason does his best to follow Vlad's instructions.

At dinner, Jason speaks with Crosses the Undertow,
"Crosses the Undertow, I have never heard of a pneuma-biform before" He looks to her questioningly as he pronounces the unfamiliar word. "Are you something like a whale mage that can shapeshift or something else entirely? Please pardon the question if it is something you don't wish to speak about. I am from a universe without magic or shapeshifting. Well except for the Zentraedi micronizing from 11 meters to 2 meters, but they require advanced technology in the form of a sizing chamber. " He takes in whatever information that she shares with patient attention, asking follow-up questions about her people and lifestyles, do they have a home, are they nomadic, etc. He also asks Liam a few questions, "You said that you were taking a break. Where are you headed? "
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls held over)

Calvin listens intently to what Jason is asking.

Ahhh, introductions to Jesse and Vlad, maybe I should have done that from the jump. That seems like good form, especially when inviting people onto our boat.

I didn't know Jason is from off world. What are the Zentradi?

As Jason makes enquires about the availability of refreshments to Vlad, Calvin looks to the rest of the group.

I wanna run ashore and see if I come across that dream vision thing I got back at the shining pool, but I don't want to bring it up to the rest of the group and continue to beat what the rest of the group considers a dead horse. Perhaps that is something related to finding and helping out a Lemurian down the road. Still, there are guests here now. Let's find a way to ask questions about Port Moresby

Over the course of the prep, Calvin will offer his help to Vlad and whoever else to situate the guests and serve them. When the food is served, Calvin will gently ask:

"So since we're heading to Port Moresby, could you tell me what that place is like? Aside from New Navy, who else should we watch out for? Is there a local population that would be receptive to folks like us?"

Calvin waits for a response.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [36] = 36

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert [roll]100[/roll]/65% (hull and metal integrity)
Basic Electronics 1d100: [1] = 1 /55% (condition of and what is left)
Basic Mechanics 1d100: [75] = 75 /55% (condition of and what is left)
Detect Ambush 1d100: [33] = 33 /50%
Detect Concealment 1d100: [44] = 44 /45%
Trap & Mine Detection 1d100: [8] = 8 /45%
ISP: 68/95
• Pinpoints the locations of electrical outlets, electronic "bugs" (spy and surveillance devices), electronic devices, and other energy and heat sources, as well as bionic body parts and cybernetic implants close to the surface of the skin (not bio-systems or artificial internal organs). Such concealed or obscured items can be identified by their shape and heat pattern. Success Ratio: 60% +5% per level of experience.
• This ability can also help the psychic to locate secret compartments and trap doors. Success Ratio: 25% +5% per level of experience.
• See the infrared and ultraviolet spectrum of light.
• See heat signatures: can tell if an engine has been recently used or a weapon recently fired (within the last 15 minutes), follow recent footprints or vapor trails (within the last five minutes), see heat signatures in darkness, and so on.
• Hyper-sensitive to movement. The psychic can not be surprised by movement or attacks within the 500-foot (152 m) radius or confines of the area under psionic scrutiny (may be substantially smaller indoors; closed off by walls and doors).

Pinpoints the locations of electrical outlets, electronic "bugs" (spy and surveillance devices), electronic devices, and other energy and heat sources: 1d100: [86] = 86 /60%
locate secret compartments and trap doors. Success Ratio: 1d100: [96] = 96 /50%
Range: 500ft Duration: 30 minutes max
See invisible: Range: 120ft. Duration: 6 minutes
Sense Dimensional Anomaly: Range: 600 ft. Duration: 12 minutes
Presence Sense Duration: Range: 120 ft. Duration 12 minutes

"Hey Rufus, before you start. Can I get a swim as a fish and a fly spell? I want to look at that wreck and maybe get a look on shore for a bit. Before I go stir-crazy from being on this boat too long." she asks the mage, then looks to the guests, "We have plenty of food, fresh and non-perishable. I am certain there will be something you will like." she adds politely.

Provided she gets the fly and swim:
"I do apologize for leaving, I do need to get off the boat for a while. It is a pleasure meeting you both. I hope you enjoy yourselves for breakfast." With that she flies to the wreck. Once off the boat she flies to the boat and looks over the hull for a safe spot to look for a way in.

Let's see if the wreck is empty. Never know what can be sleeping in a nice spot like this. and see if the logs, Cargo manifest, and Navigation equipment are intact. This could be an old military transport tied to the new navy or another military that was its predecessor. Even the CS uses civilian transports now and then. Worse case it has something of interest.

Once a spot is found she hovers over a place and performs an Omni-Scan to get a quick scan. Then ativates see the Invisible, Sense Dimensional Anomaly, and Presence Sense before continuing to explore. Teres keeps her animal friendship active. A wreck like this could have rats and other small mammals living on it.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [48] = 48 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: 1d100: [61] = 61

Rory nods as Liam responds to her.

Darn, another dead end. Ah well, there's always another person to talk to. Someone's gotta know where to find the Lemurians.

Her eyes widen as the whale somehow shifts into a humanoid figure.

Hel's teeth! Not only shapeshifting into a human, or at least a human-looking creature, but beautiful as well? Well, by human standards, anyway.

She sighs, but is still apparently happy to welcome the pneuma-biform aboard.
She is thinking about dinner when she overhears Teres talking to Rufus. She looks at Teres to see if she's serious about exploring the wreck alone.

"Do ye want some company on the trip? Checking out a wreck alone seems a bit on the dangerous side, but if there's two of us, it'd make it that much safer."

She turns to Rufus.

"Sorry fer the questions, but if she's okay with havin' me along, could ye do the same fer me? One o' these days, I need ta learn some of them spells fer meself, but right now they're beyond me understanding."

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 153/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [53*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [24] = 24

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: 255/303 at the start of this post
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


Rufus' eyes grow large as he perceives magic in use below the surface... and his jaw drops as the new guests board the boat -- or more specifically, when the now-humanoid Crosses boards the boat.

"Wowwwwwwww..." he mutters under his breath. I do believe that's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life. Unlike Jason, he makes no effort to avoid staring at her. It's only until Jason says something he snaps out of his awestruck state.
Jason Long wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:46 am"Welcome aboard the Sea Templar, Liam and Crosses the Undertow. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Do we need to throw a line around your belongings so they don't drift off? " Jason steps back to allow the other Templar to introduce themselves. Jason then introduces Jesse to them, "and this is Jesse our skipper, without whom we would be completely lost manning a boat. Our cook is Vlad. without whom we would be reduced to eating rations."
"Oh! Oh, I am so sorry..." Rufus sheepishly stammers. "My apologies, new friends, it's just I've never seen a metamorphosis as impressive as yours, Crosses. I can change my form as well, but only into a human and the occasional wolf -- though I haven't tried that yet." Easy, pup, don't go all fanboy on them so soon... he says to himself. You don't want to spook them.
Teres Barton wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:28 am"Hey Rufus, before you start. Can I get a swim as a fish and a fly spell? I want to look at that wreck and maybe get a look on shore for a bit. Before I go stir-crazy from being on this boat too long." she asks the mage, then looks to the guests, "We have plenty of food, fresh and non-perishable. I am certain there will be something you will like. I do apologize for leaving, I do need to get off the boat for a while. It is a pleasure meeting you both. I hope you enjoy yourselves for breakfast."
Rory wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:54 am"Sorry fer the questions, but if she's okay with havin' me along, could ye do the same fer me? One o' these days, I need ta learn some of them spells fer meself, but right now they're beyond me understanding."
Well this is rude, Rufus grumbles silently. The first friendly contact we've had since leaving Sunnoco and they can't be bothered to stick around. What did Uncle Cato say about that? Oh yeah -- 'politeness costs little and yields much.' "Well... okay, I guess, if that's what you really want to do right now... I don't have a swimming spell, but I do have one that will let you 'breathe' underwater for about 25 minutes or so." He lays hands on the two of them and chants words under his breath, casting the requested spells. "There. Done. Now be careful and keep a radio channel open. And if you run into trouble, get out of there as fast as you can."


Spell costs & durations:
- Fly as the Eagle: casting two others by touch, so 25 PPE total. Duration: 180 minutes/3 hours. Maximum Speed: 50 mph (80 km). Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Bonuses apply only when in flight.
- Breathe Without Air: casting two others by touch, so 5 PPE total. Duration: 27 minutes.
- Total Cost: 30 PPE.


After the two ladies fly away, he turns back to Liam and Crosses. "We apologize for that... they're good folk at heart, but bless 'em, they've gone a little stir crazy being cooped up on this boat these past few weeks..." he twirls a finger around beside his head in the classic 'crazy' expression. "But please, have a seat and make yourselves comfortable..." he gestures to the seats around the cockpit area. "I'm sure it won't take Vlad very long to whip up something; like Jason said he's an amazing cook. Between him and Jessie we wouldn't have lasted out here more than a few days."

----------------------------------

While waiting on refreshments -- and during the meal -- Rufus has no end of questions. "This is fantastic! I've never heard of Pneuma-Biforms or whale-riding mages before, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking too many questions, but like I said I'm fascinated by almost all forms of the mystic arts. If you only get to be in human form for 3 hours at a time, would I be correct in assuming that a whale is your natural form? How does one become a pneuma-biform? Is it a learned spell, or an intrinsic natural ability? Are there many out here like yourselves? What are your spellcasting disciplines? How do you learn new spells? Are you able to cast spells underwater? Do you draw power from ley lines, and if so, are there any around here? Where do you two come from? How long have you two been traveling together? How did you meet? Do you have a home port, or do you prefer the nomadic life out on the open ocean? Have you ever ventured as far as the Atlantic coast of North America? Do you get to meet very many people out here?"

He suddenly becomes aware of how many questions he's been firing off almost non-stop and shrugs. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry or talk so much. I guess Teres and Rory aren't the only ones having gone a bit stir crazy out here..." he twirls his finger around in the classic 'crazy' expression again. "You probably could have guessed already, but we're not originally from around here and we don't know much about local cultures or history. And living with a teacher/philosopher has made me hate not knowing stuff... but there's such a thing as asking too much at a time, I guess."
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rory wrote:"Do ye want some company on the trip? Checking out a wreck alone seems a bit on the dangerous side, but if there's two of us, it'd make it that much safer."
"Anytime you want to join me you are welcome too. no need to ask. Can't say we will find anything. but if we do 50% of the loot is yours." she smiles as she lifts off, a bit of an explorer in her. and we explorers survive better in groups. Teres thought. That Teres was just eager to do something other than sit on her ass again. Well, there was boat duty, but that was part of the job.
Rufus wrote:"Well... okay, I guess, if that's what you really want to do right now... I don't have a swimming spell, but I do have one that will let you 'breathe' underwater for about 25 minutes or so."
"I need time away from the boat. I don't see many shipwrecks in Lonestar so it is an opportunity I don't want to miss. 25 minutes? gotch ya." She nods and scratches the mage behind his Ear (as in the thing you hear with) with a grin.
Rufus wrote:"There. Done. Now be careful and keep a radio channel open. And if you run into trouble, get out of there as fast as you can."
"We will be careful. We shouldn't be too long anyway. It does not look like much so not expecting a lot." Teres adds flying off to the wreckage in much better spirits.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:52 AM (20 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Teres:Field Armorer & Munitions Expert Teres really has no idea if any of the remains of the cargo vessel are still useful. Die was not rolled, so skill auto failed. Be sure to double check your post before finalizing.
Basic Electronics If there was wiring left fifty plus years of exposure has ruined it.
Basic Mechanics Nothing truly salvageable remains.
Detect Ambush (See Post)
Detect Concealment Nothing seems concealed.
Trap & Mine Detection None seem to be in the area.
Pinpoints the locations of electrical outlets, electronic "bugs" (spy and surveillance devices), electronic devices, and other energy and heat sources. None noticed.
locate secret compartments and trap doors. None noticed.
Calvin:Lore: Demon & Monsters Calvin can’t recall ever reading about one in his studies.


On the Sea Templar before splitting up.

As Liam and Crosses the Undertow board the Sea Templar, Jessie makes her way down into the crew compartment where Vlad and Igor are.
Calvin wrote:"Maybe we can use more food. I'll go ahead and ask Vlad if we should make for land just in case."
While Calvin intended to do so, he never quite gets to it.
Rufus wrote:"Oh! Oh, I am so sorry... My apologies, new friends, it's just I've never seen a metamorphosis as impressive as yours, Crosses. I can change my form as well, but only into a human and the occasional wolf -- though I haven't tried that yet."
Rufus isn’t sure, but he thinks that Crosses the Undertow may have blushed at the comment. ”It’s quite alright.” She says in an almost musical voice. Teres is the next to speak up.
Teres wrote:"Hey Rufus, before you start. Can I get a swim as a fish and a fly spell? I want to look at that wreck and maybe get a look on shore for a bit. Before I go stir-crazy from being on this boat too long... We have plenty of food, fresh and non-perishable. I am certain there will be something you will like."
The visitors don’t say anything, but do seem somewhat confused by the turn of events. Rory joining in and asking to go as well only deepens the confusion.
Rory wrote:"Do ye want some company on the trip? Checking out a wreck alone seems a bit on the dangerous side, but if there's two of us, it'd make it that much safer."
Teres wrote:"Anytime you want to join me you are welcome too. no need to ask. Can't say we will find anything. but if we do 50% of the loot is yours."
Rory wrote:"Sorry fer the questions, but if she's okay with havin' me along, could ye do the same fer me? One o' these days, I need ta learn some of them spells fer meself, but right now they're beyond me understanding."
The duo seem to accept that this crew is odd, as Rufus casts his spells on them.
Rufus wrote:"Well... okay, I guess, if that's what you really want to do right now... I don't have a swimming spell, but I do have one that will let you 'breathe' underwater for about 25 minutes or so... There. Done. Now be careful and keep a radio channel open. And if you run into trouble, get out of there as fast as you can."
Teres wrote:"I do apologize for leaving, I do need to get off the boat for a while. It is a pleasure meeting you both. I hope you enjoy yourselves for breakfast… I need time away from the boat. I don't see many shipwrecks in Lonestar so it is an opportunity I don't want to miss. 25 minutes? gotch ya… We will be careful. We shouldn't be too long anyway. It does not look like much so not expecting a lot.
Liam and Crosses the Undertow just weakly nod at Teres, obviously very confused at her antics. It’s about here that Rory and Teres fly off towards the Wreck of the Highwind.
Rufus wrote: "We apologize for that... they're good folk at heart, but bless 'em, they've gone a little stir crazy being cooped up on this boat these past few weeks... But please, have a seat and make yourselves comfortable... I'm sure it won't take Vlad very long to whip up something; like Jason said he's an amazing cook. Between him and Jessie we wouldn't have lasted out here more than a few days."
Liam and Crosses the Undertow, seem to shake the confusion out of the minds. ”If you say so… I guess we will see how the food is.”

On the Sea Templar after splitting up.

Once Vlad has been informed of the company, a series of expletives can be softly heard from the galley area. Vlad puts Igor and Jessie to work helping him make lunch for the group. About twenty minutes later a light lunch of ramen style soup with a side of sweetened fruit compote.
Jason wrote:"I have heard that before. Unfortunately, I've had some experience with that attitude back home. The leadership of the Army of the Southern Cross was xenophobic. They distrusted our Zentraedi allies and discriminated against them. That doesn't change my duty towards another soldier. "
Liam nods. ”To be fair, it’s not that they’re terrible about it, just not friendly towards non-humans. Well unless they’ve proven their worth. The average member of the New Navy is alright I suppose, they do well by most folk attacking the actual threats of the seas.” Liam says, but it can be clearly noticed he’s holding something back.
Calvin wrote:"So since we're heading to Port Moresby, could you tell me what that place is like? Aside from New Navy, who else should we watch out for? Is there a local population that would be receptive to folks like us?"
”It’s a rough and tumble town, founded by some folk from Tritonia, but isn’t under their complete jurisdiction. It’s definitely a mixed bag of species there. I think you all should be fine. As for other things to look out for, Nau’tyll, Horune pirates, minions of the Lord of the deep, there are also a bunch of threats under the waves, a bit too numerous to just list out. I would avoid shimmering patches of water, as well as sargasso flats.” Liam says.
Jason wrote:"Crosses the Undertow, I have never heard of a pneuma-biform before... Are you something like a whale mage that can shapeshift or something else entirely? Please pardon the question if it is something you don't wish to speak about. I am from a universe without magic or shapeshifting. Well except for the Zentraedi micronizing from 11 meters to 2 meters, but they require advanced technology in the form of a sizing chamber. You said that you were taking a break. Where are you headed?"
”Something like that, It’s more a natural gift than a learned one.” Crosses the Undertow says, before Liam takes over answering Jason’s questions. ”The never ending quest of doing good deeds, we just did some stuff off the shore of Australia. As for where we’re heading, east… ish… nowhere in particular to be honest, we just wander the seas for the most part.” Liam says, Crosses the Undertow nods with him..
Rufus wrote:"This is fantastic! I've never heard of Pneuma-Biforms or whale-riding mages before, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking too many questions, but like I said I'm fascinated by almost all forms of the mystic arts. If you only get to be in human form for 3 hours at a time, would I be correct in assuming that a whale is your natural form? How does one become a pneuma-biform? Is it a learned spell, or an intrinsic natural ability? Are there many out here like yourselves? What are your spellcasting disciplines? How do you learn new spells? Are you able to cast spells underwater? Do you draw power from ley lines, and if so, are there any around here? Where do you two come from? How long have you two been traveling together? How did you meet? Do you have a home port, or do you prefer the nomadic life out on the open ocean? Have you ever ventured as far as the Atlantic coast of North America? Do you get to meet very many people out here?"
”Yes, the whale form is my natural one.” Crosses the Undertow says with a soft chuckle. ”No, it’s not a spell, it’s a natural ability of my kind. To be one is to be born one.” Crosses the Undertow says. ”I honestly don’t know how many of us are out there, it’s not an insignificant amount though. I don’t understand what you mean by Spell casting disciplines. How I learn spells, I meditate on them when I feel I’ve reached a new plateau of ability. I can draw from Ley Lines, and yes there are many around here, well not here, here specifically.” Crosses the Undertow responds. ”Well I’m from the ocean, far east of here, and Liam, he’s from a small village. We’ve been traveling together for several years now. We’re nomadic for the most part, and yes we’ve been that far out. Yes, we do meet lots of people out here. You’re about to hit a main shipping lane, and you too will see many more people out here.” Crosses the Undertow finishes.
Rufus wrote:"I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry or talk so much. I guess Teres and Rory aren't the only ones having gone a bit stir crazy out here... You probably could have guessed already, but we're not originally from around here and we don't know much about local cultures or history. And living with a teacher/philosopher has made me hate not knowing stuff... but there's such a thing as asking too much at a time, I guess."
The duo laugh. ”Wouldn’t be the first time someone had a bunch of questions about us.” Liam says.

On Route/At the Wreck of the Highwind

The flight over to the wreck doesn’t take too long, a little less than five minutes. Once the duo gets closer to the wreck, they can see it is truly a wreck. A majority of its superstructure has been stripped of valuable material. Teres spends quite some time pouring over the location, first from the sky then underwater, Under the water it becomes obvious what killed the ship, as its superstructure is crumpled into an underwater mountain. The whole area is riddled with good hiding places, which makes it a bit frightening from an ambush sense. While Teres’ psychic powers are useful they seem to be slightly overwhelmed as she senses presences all around her, and has noticed an abundance of animal life, which would trigger the ability, but at least she doesn’t sense anything supernaturally evil. It’s at roughly the twenty minute mark and a depth of sixty feet deep that sense something coming right for her.

Teres and Rory, Combat Post Please.

Some notes for underwater Combat: -2 on initiative, -10% Perception Rolls, -2 to strike, dodge or parry when fighting in close combat underwater. Accuracy with ranged weapons is unchanged.

Rory is surprised, loses initiative and -1 attack.



As for the rest of you, what are your Intentions?

Teres when I said note I.S.P. costs and durations, I meant like this:
Example: See the Invisible (4 I.S.P.; Duration: 6 minutes) ~Consumer.




Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Tongues (7 minutes)

Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 225/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions:

Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (Duration: 7 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 160 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 7 minutes.)

Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (Duration: 7 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 160 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 7 minutes.)

Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 38/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions: Tongues (7 minutes)

Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: T-A14 Infantry "Trooper" Body Armor 95/95
Conditions: Tongues (7 minutes)

Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [76] = 76 %
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [25] = 25

Skills:
((Interrogation--102% / 1d100: [36] = 36 % )) trying to get Liam to speak about the New Navy
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:20 am ”Something like that, It’s more a natural gift than a learned one.” Crosses the Undertow says, before Liam takes over answering Jason’s questions. ”The never ending quest of doing good deeds, we just did some stuff off the shore of Australia. As for where we’re heading, east… ish… nowhere in particular to be honest, we just wander the seas for the most part.” Liam says, Crosses the Undertow nods with him.
Jason nods understandingly at Liam's comment about doing good deeds. "Doing good is one of the founding principals of the Templar. We were originally sponsored by the Shrine of the Warrior in MercTown with the express goal of battling supernatural evil. Due to funding issues, the Shrine had to stop funding the team. I led us to be independent, and I am cautious about what jobs we take. We still fight the forces of darkness and help where we can. I personally am trying to find a spiritual guide to help me keep us on the right path. " He thinks for a moment before continuing. "Would you know of anyone devoted to a god or goddess who fights for the light? Preferably one who is also a god of combat? I have recently begun learning of the beings of this universe and haven't found a good fit yet." It's worth a shot asking. Jason will listen intently and thank them for any information that they can provide.

After eating, Jason tries to speak with Liam more privately, remembering what he said and didn't say during lunch.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:20 am Liam nods. ”To be fair, it’s not that they’re terrible about it, just not friendly towards non-humans. Well unless they’ve proven their worth. The average member of the New Navy is alright I suppose, they do well by most folk attacking the actual threats of the seas.” Liam says, but it can be clearly noticed he’s holding something back.
Jason recalls his training and experience speaking with crime victims when he was with the Military Police, he speaks with compassion to Liam, "It sounds like you have some personal experience with the New Navy. If it is not too much of an imposition, please tell me about it. I know next to nothing about them and need to know what I am getting my team into. Especially if your experience involves a specific member of the New Navy. In addition of my duty as a soldier, I also have a duty to my team." He listens quietly if Liam has anything to say and thanks him either way.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Per: 1d100 < 52%: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d100: [19] = 19 | 1d20: [1] = 1

MA roll: 1d100 < 55%: [81] = 81 Trying to invoke trust and get people to lower their guard and attain better answers.
PB roll: 1d100 < 60%: [24] = 24 Trying to ask intelligent questions.
Consumer wrote: Liam nods. ”To be fair, it’s not that they’re terrible about it, just not friendly towards non-humans. Well unless they’ve proven their worth. The average member of the New Navy is alright I suppose, they do well by most folk attacking the actual threats of the seas.” Liam says, but it can be clearly noticed he’s holding something back.
I get that respect often has to be earned... but it doesn't sound like they afford anyone any dignity as a normative policy. At least it doesn't sound like they attack on sight. Thank you for the information. I'll be sure to be extra polite and respectful when dealing with them."
Consumer wrote: ”It’s a rough and tumble town, founded by some folk from Tritonia, but isn’t under their complete jurisdiction. It’s definitely a mixed bag of species there. I think you all should be fine. As for other things to look out for, Nau’tyll, Horune pirates, minions of the Lord of the deep, there are also a bunch of threats under the waves, a bit too numerous to just list out. I would avoid shimmering patches of water, as well as sargasso flats.” Liam says.
Like Rufus, I am not of these waters. I don't have any background on Tritonia, what are they like? Are they one of the good guys? I think this group fought a few Horune pirates before I joined up, but I don't know anything about the Nau'tyll. And who is Lord of the deep? Is he an angry god of the sea? And speaking of shimmering patches of water, I took a dive in one a week ago. Had the craziest vision. I have not yet made any sense of it. And what of like, large colonies of seaweed? Is that dangerous to... I'm so sorry. I have so many questions. Are these all, as you say, threats of the sea?"
Consumer wrote: ”I honestly don’t know how many of us are out there, it’s not an insignificant amount though. I don’t understand what you mean by Spell casting disciplines. How I learn spells, I meditate on them when I feel I’ve reached a new plateau of ability. I can draw from Ley Lines, and yes there are many around here, well not here, here specifically.”
"For real? I do that too. I can't learn new spells any other way. Are members of your race born mystically inclined? It must be nice to be in tune with your surroundings naturally. I have only been at sea for a few weeks, and I haven't been able to find that equilibrium yet."
Jason wrote: We still fight the forces of darkness and help where we can. I personally am trying to find a spiritual guide to help me keep us on the right path. " He thinks for a moment before continuing. "Would you know of anyone devoted to a god or goddess who fights for the light? Preferably one who is also a god of combat? I have recently begun learning of the beings of this universe and haven't found a good fit yet." It's worth a shot asking. Jason will listen intently and thank them for any information that they can provide.
"Those are noble aspirations, Jason. I would be glad to join you on your journey. I need more martial experience myself before I can return home."

I hope we don't bump into gods like my dad anytime soon. There are good natured, well meaning gods out there who can fight, but they are by no means perfect beings. They can make mistakes and some of them have no business being part of a pantheon, let alone manage the spiritual growth of their own believers...

As the food arrives, Calvin waits for the guests to be served first, then Rufus and Jason before he helps himself to a medium sized plate.

Gonna be awhile before shift change. Should get some shut eye after this before I am on sentry duty tonight.

While eating, having asked many questions already, Calvin listens intently to other people's interactions with their new guests.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 / 47%
+15% in Wilderness, -10% in villages, -20% in large towns, -6 in cities, EP+15%
-10% for under water
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [100] = 100
Skills:
Radio: Basic 1d100: [44] = 44 /65%
Swimming: 1d100: [14] = 14 /70%

Telepathy (4 I.S.P.; Duration: 14 minutes)
"Rory, Get in the wreck and climb above the water line for the flight spell to work. We can use it as a cover and hope it's not nesting there. If it is cling to the outside of it and stay out of its sight if we can." Teres radios the dwarf as she is pushing/guiding the dwarf to the wreck. Looking for trouble and draws out the Psi sword as she moves to the wreck.

Conveniently, dwarves probably had some night vision being underground a lot. Teres was hoping it worked underwater. Deep sea it was sonar that mattered. and that hull would bounce sound hopefully confusing what was coming.

There has to be some structure to hide in. Here's hoping I am right about that thing not being there. If we do not go too deep into the wreck we should be fine. she thinks. Going straight up without cover would be a stupid move. Half of the wreck was above water so they could climb safer with the hull between them and 'Spongebob Scare your pants off' out in the water.

Initiative: 1d20-2: [5]-2 = 3
Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +2 with bow
(-2 on initiative, -10% Perception Rolls, -2 to strike, dodge, or parry when fighting in close combat underwater. Accuracy with ranged weapons is unchanged).
1 Swimming pushing/guiding Rory.
2 Activate Telepathy while swimming
3 Swimming pushing/guiding Rory
4 get behind cover
5 Overwatch for Rory until she is up to speed and/or climbing

Parries: (if needed)
1. 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18
2. 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
3. 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
4. 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15
5. 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22

Dodge: (if needed)
1. 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5
2. 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13
3. 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11
4. 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18
5. 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15
Dice rolls
1d10: [1] = 1
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 / 39%
JiC d100: 1d100: [20] = 20 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [10] = 10

Toshiko listens in thoughtfully as the rest of the group speaks with the locals, the Kankoran's tail waving idly in the sea air as she finishes her meal and sets it aside, giving Vlad (if he is present) a smile in thanks for the food. We've had a fair few encounters on this ocean. From all the tales I had heard, and the vastness of it from Japan's shores, I had figured we wouldn't run into anything out here. Not that the encounters bothered her. Toshi isn't used to sea life, and it shows with how much she pours herself into her meditations and training, picking up small skills from here or there, either from her own attempts to teach Calvin or piecing together what he can teach her without training.

Coming upon Liam and Crosses the Undertow is a pleasant distraction from the monotony. Much less dangerous than the "shimmering water," too. She makes to comment on that, but Calvin beats her to it, and the fox-woman finds that she spends most of the conversation listening, any questions she might have asked herself being asked by others.

Except one.

"Liam, Crosses the Undertow," she asks with a polite bow of the head, once others have exhausted their own curiosities, "Have there been cases of translocation around here? The Templars have not mentioned it, but I'm from far to the north; the island of Japan. I did not come here of my own accord, I simply woke up ashore a beach with a burned out village. I'm sure there are a multitude of magical ways to have done that to me, but I am curious if you have heard any rumors or might know anything of occurrences like that around here." Toshiko waits patiently for the translator she purchased to do its job, so that no magic needs to be wasted on her.

If the translator doesn't work, she'll quietly and a touch sheepishly ask one of the more magically inclined members of the group to assist her before asking again.
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [67*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [9] = 9

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: 255/303 at the start of this post
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


Rufus listens as their guests answer his questions and his companions ask theirs as well, relieved somewhat that he's not hogging the conversation.
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:44 am
Consumer wrote: ”I honestly don’t know how many of us are out there, it’s not an insignificant amount though. I don’t understand what you mean by Spell casting disciplines. How I learn spells, I meditate on them when I feel I’ve reached a new plateau of ability. I can draw from Ley Lines, and yes there are many around here, well not here, here specifically.”
"For real? I do that too. I can't learn new spells any other way. Are members of your race born mystically inclined? It must be nice to be in tune with your surroundings naturally. I have only been at sea for a few weeks, and I haven't been able to find that equilibrium yet."
Rufus nods. That makes sense... of course there wouldn't be something like an underwater Collegiate Arcane out here. "I'm sorry, I got caught up in my terminology. When I say 'disciplines' I mean the various schools of thought regarding ways in which mages realize their arcane talents and go about developing their spellcasting abilities. I agree with Calvin, you sound like who we would call 'mystics' -- spellcasters to whom spells come naturally as they grow and gain experience. Mages like me, on the other hand, we have to learn our spells the hard way -- through study and practice. Often with... 'interesting' results." He chuckles. "Except for ley lines though; the particular school of thought I follow teaches us to commune with the ley lines themselves and learn some specialized spells that way. But you have to mind the ebb and flow of the ley line energy and not try to commune too much at one time. Unfortunately we haven't encountered as many ley lines as one might think, which can be a bit frustrating at times. Do you know in which direction the closest might be? I can't sense any within 90 miles from here, so I know they're further than that wherever they are."
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:44 am
Consumer wrote: ”It’s a rough and tumble town, founded by some folk from Tritonia, but isn’t under their complete jurisdiction. It’s definitely a mixed bag of species there. I think you all should be fine. As for other things to look out for, Nau’tyll, Horune pirates, minions of the Lord of the deep, there are also a bunch of threats under the waves, a bit too numerous to just list out. I would avoid shimmering patches of water, as well as sargasso flats.” Liam says.
Like Rufus, I am not of these waters. I don't have any background on Tritonia, what are they like? Are they one of the good guys? I think this group fought a few Horune pirates before I joined up, but I don't know anything about the Nau'tyll. And who is Lord of the deep? Is he an angry god of the sea? And speaking of shimmering patches of water, I took a dive in one a week ago. Had the craziest vision. I have not yet made any sense of it. And what of like, large colonies of seaweed? Is that dangerous to... I'm so sorry. I have so many questions. Are these all, as you say, threats of the sea?"
"I'm not sure what they were, actually..." Rufus interjects. "They had webbed hands, tentacles around their mouths, and generally looked very squid like." He shrugs. "But again, we're new to the area and probably seem rather ignorant about the local places, people, and dangers... mainly because, well, we are." He chuckles self-consciously. "But back to the shimmering water patches for a moment if we could... it was the weirdest thing. One moment Cal here was flying above the surface of the water and then -- POOF! He just suddenly disappears and then reappears a short distance away. He's only gone a few minutes from our end but to him it was several hours. Do either of you know exactly what those are? Are they portals? Are they like faerie rings where you're temporarily... 'affected' when you enter them? Whatever they are, it scared the fur off my back when we realized he was gone. For a while there I thought for sure we'd lost him for good."
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [30] = 30 / 21% (-10% due to being underwater)
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: 1d100: [6] = 6

Skills:
Swimming: 1d100: [31] = 31 / 70%
Climbing: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 25%

Rory is initially baffled when Teres starts urging her to swim, but she does what she's asked - without more than a couple of seconds of hesitation.

What? What has she spotted?

Her reaction when she gets the telepathic message is to redouble her efforts.

Yowza! Let's see how fast i can go.

She swims as fast as she can to a point where she can leave the water and get into the superstructure, then immediately starts to climb.

Rory has nightvision 300'

Initiative: Automatic loss in first round
Number of Attacks: 6 -1 = 5
(-2 on initiative, -10% Perception Rolls, -2 to strike, dodge, or parry when fighting in close combat underwater. Accuracy with ranged weapons is unchanged).
1 Being guided by Teres.
2 Climbing/swimming
3 Climbing/swimming
4 Climbing/swimming (if she can't swim or climb, she'll cast Armor of Ithan)
5 Climbing/swimming (if she can't swim or climb, she'll cast Armor of Ithan)

(Armor of Ithan: PPE = 10, creates 60 MDC invisible, weightless, noiseless full suit of mystic armor)

Dodge: (if needed)
1. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)
2. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)
3. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)
4. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)
5. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 153/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:52 AM (5 minutes has passed for those on the boat.)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
On the Sea Templar.
Jason wrote:"Doing good is one of the founding principals of the Templar. We were originally sponsored by the Shrine of the Warrior in MercTown with the express goal of battling supernatural evil. Due to funding issues, the Shrine had to stop funding the team. I led us to be independent, and I am cautious about what jobs we take. We still fight the forces of darkness and help where we can. I personally am trying to find a spiritual guide to help me keep us on the right path. "
Calvin wrote:"Those are noble aspirations, Jason. I would be glad to join you on your journey. I need more martial experience myself before I can return home."
Both Liam and Crosses the Undertow nod. ”For sure. Those are good qualities. You likely will not have many issues befriending Lemurians, as they are all generally champions of good as well, and they seem to be most interested in like minded individuals.” Liam says with a warm smile.
Jason wrote:"Would you know of anyone devoted to a god or goddess who fights for the light? Preferably one who is also a god of combat? I have recently begun learning of the beings of this universe and haven't found a good fit yet."
The duo shake their heads. ”Never had much use for religion, or gods for that matter, so we can’t help you there.” Liam says, with Crosses the Undertow nodding in agreement.
Jason wrote:"It sounds like you have some personal experience with the New Navy. If it is not too much of an imposition, please tell me about it. I know next to nothing about them and need to know what I am getting my team into. Especially if your experience involves a specific member of the New Navy. In addition of my duty as a soldier, I also have a duty to my team."
Calvin wrote:I get that respect often has to be earned... but it doesn't sound like they afford anyone any dignity as a normative policy. At least it doesn't sound like they attack on sight. Thank you for the information. I'll be sure to be extra polite and respectful when dealing with them."
”I do, and I would rather not talk about it, it’s not something I discuss with friends I just met. I can tell you they are survivors of the apocalypse, and that they still follow many of the old ways of the old american empire. Personally I would avoid them, as they will not be favorable to a majority of your crew. That is the last I wish of speak of them.” Liam says, obviously a bit annoyed by the badgering about the New Navy.
Calvin wrote:Like Rufus, I am not of these waters. I don't have any background on Tritonia, what are they like? Are they one of the good guys? I think this group fought a few Horune pirates before I joined up, but I don't know anything about the Nau'tyll. And who is Lord of the deep? Is he an angry god of the sea? And speaking of shimmering patches of water, I took a dive in one a week ago. Had the craziest vision. I have not yet made any sense of it. And what of like, large colonies of seaweed? Is that dangerous to... I'm so sorry. I have so many questions. Are these all, as you say, threats of the sea?"
Liam sighs. ”Tritonia is another survivor of the destruction of the old world, they reside on a floating man-made island producing manufactured goods and what not, all in all they’re decent enough folk, if only a bit land grabby. As for the Nau’tyll they’re a xenophobic race that seek to conquer all of the sea for themselves, luckily they’re numbers aren’t so great for them to actually do that. The Lord of the Deep is a nightmarish entity who seeks to drown the world, you would be wise to avoid him or his minions at all cost. Shimmering water is a bit of a hazard, luckily unless it manifests around you it’s easy to spot. I would just avoid it next time, if you ever encounter it again. As for a vision, strange things happen to all who are taken by the waters, it rarely has the same effect each time. Sargassos collect things, and rarely let them go, many dangers reside on them, but which specific ones I can’t say as they can be different as well.” Liam says.
Rufus wrote:"I'm not sure what they were, actually..." They had webbed hands, tentacles around their mouths, and generally looked very squid like. But again, we're new to the area and probably seem rather ignorant about the local places, people, and dangers... mainly because, well, we are. But back to the shimmering water patches for a moment if we could... it was the weirdest thing. One moment Cal here was flying above the surface of the water and then -- POOF! He just suddenly disappears and then reappears a short distance away. He's only gone a few minutes from our end but to him it was several hours. Do either of you know exactly what those are? Are they portals? Are they like faerie rings where you're temporarily... 'affected' when you enter them? Whatever they are, it scared the fur off my back when we realized he was gone. For a while there I thought for sure we'd lost him for good."
Liam nods. ”Yes those are Nau’tyll. Again, the effects vary, but the disappearance and time dilation seem common. As for what they are, no clue, I am not studied enough in them, to give you a good answer.” Liam says.
Calvin wrote:"For real? I do that too. I can't learn new spells any other way. Are members of your race born mystically inclined? It must be nice to be in tune with your surroundings naturally. I have only been at sea for a few weeks, and I haven't been able to find that equilibrium yet."
Crosses the Undertow nods. ”All attunement takes time and patience.” she says.
Rufus wrote:"I'm sorry, I got caught up in my terminology. When I say 'disciplines' I mean the various schools of thought regarding ways in which mages realize their arcane talents and go about developing their spellcasting abilities. I agree with Calvin, you sound like who we would call 'mystics' -- spellcasters to whom spells come naturally as they grow and gain experience. Mages like me, on the other hand, we have to learn our spells the hard way -- through study and practice. Often with... 'interesting' results. Except for ley lines though; the particular school of thought I follow teaches us to commune with the ley lines themselves and learn some specialized spells that way. But you have to mind the ebb and flow of the ley line energy and not try to commune too much at one time. Unfortunately we haven't encountered as many ley lines as one might think, which can be a bit frustrating at times. Do you know in which direction the closest might be? I can't sense any within 90 miles from here, so I know they're further than that wherever they are."
They both nod. ”I figured that was what you meant, but was not completely sure. As for Ley Lines… There are several a few hundred miles to the north or east, or south even, you just so happen to be skirting in between them it seems. Remember the sea is a vast place.” Liam says.
Toshiko wrote:"Liam, Crosses the Undertow, Have there been cases of translocation around here? The Templars have not mentioned it, but I'm from far to the north; the island of Japan. I did not come here of my own accord, I simply woke up ashore a beach with a burned out village. I'm sure there are a multitude of magical ways to have done that to me, but I am curious if you have heard any rumors or might know anything of occurrences like that around here."
They both shake their heads. ”No particular rumors, but that is mildly disconcerting. Maybe I should go and look into it.” Liam says, with Crosses the Undertow nodding towards him.

At the Wreck of the Highwind, 60 feet below the surface.

Tiger shark Attack One:Swim in and Bite Rory. (Strike: 6; Damage: 13 M.D.) (Hit)
Teres Action One: Swimming pushing/guiding Rory.
Rory Action One: Lost to Surprise.
Tiger shark Attack Two: Begin turn and Tail Slap Teres. (Strike: 12; Damage: 8 M.D.) (Dodged)
Teres Action Two: Activate Telepathy while swimming
Rory Action Two: Climbing/swimming
Tiger shark Attack Three: Swim in and Bite Teres. (Strike: 13; Damage: 11 M.D.) (Hit)
Teres Action Three: Lost to Dodge.
Rory Action Three: Climbing/swimming
Teres Action Four: Lost to Dodge.
Rory Action Four: Climbing/swimming
Teres Action Five: Lost to Dodge.
Rory Action Five: Climbing/swimming
Rory Action Six: Climbing/swimming


The only warning something is amiss, is Teres sensing something moving within a five hundred feet radius. A shape quickly coalesces out of the deeper ocean, forty feet in length with a beige and brown mottled body covered in irregular armored plates of bone. The creature darts from below and opens its serrated large tooth filled maw, snapping down on Rory, who is wholly unprepared for the attack. Lucky for the dwarf, her armor is strong and survives the crushing tearing bite. Teres immediately pushes Rory out of the way, but it is too late, as she has already been bit. Rory can only float shocked at the suddenness of the attack. The creature begins a sharp turn and slaps at Teres with bone crushing force with its thick, powerful tail, but she is able to swim out of the way. Teres activates one of her mental powers.
Teres wrote:"Rory, Get in the wreck and climb above the water line…"


Rory wastes no time and begins swimming with haste to the surface. The creature has finished its turn and lunges at Teres, biting into her armor with a fierce strength. Luckily for her, it doesn’t seem to grab its victims with its bite. Rory continues fleeing to the surface, breaking the water’s cool embrace and easily flying free of the water, this leaves Teres alone with the ocean predator.
Combat Post.

As for the rest of you, what are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Tongues (2 minutes)

Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 225/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Tongues (2 minutes)

Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (Duration: 6:45 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 159:45 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 6:45 minutes.)

Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 91/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 48/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (Duration: 6:45 minutes), Telepathy (14 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 159:45 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 6:45 minutes.)

Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 38/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions: Tongues (2 minutes)

Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: T-A14 Infantry "Trooper" Body Armor 95/95
Conditions: Tongues (2 minutes)

Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d100 < 55%: [29] = 29
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [88] = 88

Conditions:
- PPE: 135/135
- ISP: 42/50
- MDC: 215/215
- Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 MDC
- AOI 40/40 MDC
- Tongues (1 minute 45 seconds)

(Attempt to invoke Trust: 1d100 < 55: [17] = 17 )
(Attempt to impress/charm: 1d100 < 60: [81] = 81 )
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am Both Liam and Crosses the Undertow nod. ”For sure. Those are good qualities. You likely will not have many issues befriending Lemurians, as they are all generally champions of good as well, and they seem to be most interested in like minded individuals.” Liam says with a warm smile.
Lemurians are good. But they are hard to find. It almost seems like every well-behaved pocket of civilized people want to live in an enclave of like minded people. Well, I guess not everyone is as open and inviting as the crab folks. Those guys were great!
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am The duo shake their heads. ”Never had much use for religion, or gods for that matter, so we can’t help you there.” Liam says, with Crosses the Undertow nodding in agreement.
Should I bring it up? Nah. No sense talking about myself. It's quite different being born into a pantheon and following one... I'm not sure Dad's relationship with the Chinese pantheon anyway. He's pissed everyone off the heaven and hell. He can't die because he ripped his records out of the Yama Kings book keepers. I guess he's good with the Buddha, but he's not exactly a buddhist god, more that he is a supernatural creature that follows the Buddhist pantheon... Shit's fucking complicated.
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am ”I do, and I would rather not talk about it, it’s not something I discuss with friends I just met. I can tell you they are survivors of the apocalypse, and that they still follow many of the old ways of the old american empire. Personally I would avoid them, as they will not be favorable to a majority of your crew. That is the last I wish of speak of them.” Liam says, obviously a bit annoyed by the badgering about the New Navy.
At this moment, Calvin pipes up:
"I apologize. I don't mean to distress you at all. Let's change the subject.
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am Liam sighs. ”Tritonia is another survivor of the destruction of the old world, they reside on a floating man-made island producing manufactured goods and what not, all in all they’re decent enough folk, if only a bit land grabby. As for the Nau’tyll they’re a xenophobic race that seek to conquer all of the sea for themselves, luckily they’re numbers aren’t so great for them to actually do that. The Lord of the Deep is a nightmarish entity who seeks to drown the world, you would be wise to avoid him or his minions at all cost. Shimmering water is a bit of a hazard, luckily unless it manifests around you it’s easy to spot. I would just avoid it next time, if you ever encounter it again. As for a vision, strange things happen to all who are taken by the waters, it rarely has the same effect each time. Sargassos collect things, and rarely let them go, many dangers reside on them, but which specific ones I can’t say as they can be different as well.” Liam says.
Calvin replies:
"Well, on the subject of nice and not nice folks to mingle with, there is a community of crab-like people off the western coast of Sumatra. I think they are called Junk Crabs. They are large crustacean looking folks, but they are incredibly mechanically inclined and explore the use of technology as its own end. When I fell out of the sky and landed about 300 yards from their settlement, they gave me a place to stay. Food and water were free. They were incredibly hospitable. Some of them even spoke Chinese well enough to hook me up with an old translating computer so that I can make myself useful around the settlement!"

Calvin pulls his translator out of the bag to stare at it for a second, then puts it away quickly.

"We docked at Sunnoco village as well. They will sell supplies to outsiders, but not weapons. They charge for docking and food, but the water is filtered. Most of the workers and patrons of the touristy businesses seemed unfamiliar with non-humans. Toshiko and I got stared at a lot when we ate. But they'll take our money. The elders we conversed with were at least willing to talk to us about our quest, and they didn't seem to be too alarmed at our presence."
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am Liam nods. ”Yes those are Nau’tyll. Again, the effects vary, but the disappearance and time dilation seem common. As for what they are, no clue, I am not studied enough in them, to give you a good answer.” Liam says.
"I'm good with avoiding mystical portals for a long, long time. But it does seem like the powers that be of the high seas need check this Nau'tyll nuisance before they link up with other nether-do-wells and cause even bigger problems for everyone else."
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am Crosses the Undertow nods. ”All attunement takes time and patience.” she says.
Calvin simply nods in agreement. Tell me about it.
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am They both nod. ”I figured that was what you meant, but was not completely sure. As for Ley Lines… There are several a few hundred miles to the north or east, or south even, you just so happen to be skirting in between them it seems. Remember the sea is a vast place.” Liam says.
Calvin simply nods in agreement. Something to remember. I suppose I can ask if there are settlements that enjoy employing the resources that leylines and nexuses provide, or if there are particular pests and monsters around leylines that we should look out for, and the answer would both be yes...

I suppose I can ask if there is a particular library of resources that document civilizations and species in the Oceans, but the answer would probably be the New Navy, Tritonia or whichever Lemurian city we may run into...

When confronted with Toshiko's question, Calvin was quitely impressed with Liam and Crosses's answer:
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am They both shake their heads. ”No particular rumors, but that is mildly disconcerting. Maybe I should go and look into it.” Liam says, with Crosses the Undertow nodding towards him.
People being stolen from their lands of abode to wake up ashore in some distant continent with no rhyme or reason seems strange, and altogether deliberate. That is worthy of concern.

At this point, Calvin couldn't resist himself:
"You wouldn't happen to know if there is a Spluggorth base near by, so we can stay far, far, far away, would you?"

"Speak of which, we should check in with our other team mates... I wonder what they are up to."

Without further ado, Calvin rings his radio:
(Radio Basic: 1d100 < 63%: [13] = 13 PASS)

"Hey Teres, Rory, could you give us a sitrep? Are you two doing okay?"
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 135
I.S.P.: 50
M.D.C.: 215
Perception: 52% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [78] = 78 %
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [99] = 99

Jason is quite enjoying their guests insights and conversation.
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am Both Liam and Crosses the Undertow nod. ”For sure. Those are good qualities. You likely will not have many issues befriending Lemurians, as they are all generally champions of good as well, and they seem to be most interested in like minded individuals.” Liam says with a warm smile.
One bright spot in all this, was half afraid they would be more like the Nau'tyll He nods in understanding.
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am ”Never had much use for religion, or gods for that matter, so we can’t help you there.” Liam says, with Crosses the Undertow nodding in agreement.
Mildly disappointed, Jason sighs, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained. He then becomes more serious at Liam's next statement,
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am ”I do, and I would rather not talk about it, it’s not something I discuss with friends I just met. I can tell you they are survivors of the apocalypse, and that they still follow many of the old ways of the old american empire. Personally I would avoid them, as they will not be favorable to a majority of your crew. That is the last I wish of speak of them.” Liam says, obviously a bit annoyed by the badgering about the New Navy.
Ouch, hit a tender spot with that one. Jason quickly apologizes, "I did not mean to upset you. You have been very helpful and I was rude for prying. Please forgive me. " Jason bows his head in apology. When Liam continues, Jason raises his head and takes in Liam's words. He is surprised by Calvin's sudden question,
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 am At this point, Calvin couldn't resist himself:
"You wouldn't happen to know if there is a Spluggorth base near by, so we can stay far, far, far away, would you?"
Spluggorth? We ran into them on the east coast of the US. Are they actually a global threat? Jason leans in, eager for that answer and is surprised again by Calvin's next comment,
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 am "Speak of which, we should check in with our other team mates... I wonder what they are up to."

Without further ado, Calvin rings his radio:
(Radio Basic: 1d100 < 63%: [13] = 13 PASS)

"Hey Teres, Rory, could you give us a sitrep? Are you two doing okay?"
Jason checks his watch. Have they really been gone that long? Jason returns his attention to Liam and Crosses the Undertow while also listening for a reply. He thanks Crosses the Undertow and Liam for answering the team's questions. "We have fairly bombarded you with questions and you have been incredibly patient. Thank you. Do you have any questions for us and is there anything that we may do for you?"
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [100] = 100 / 39%
JiC d100: 1d100: [12] = 12 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [15] = 15
Liam and Crosses the Undertow wrote:They both shake their heads. ”No particular rumors, but that is mildly disconcerting. Maybe I should go and look into it.” Liam says, with Crosses the Undertow nodding towards him.
Toshiko nods in response to the pair's answer. I hadn't figured they knew much, but it was good to ask. At least more are aware of the potential problem. Out loud, she responds, "If you don't have other pressing concerns, that would be good. I do not wish for others to be transported unwillingly as I and others were. The Templar have been very kind in providing transport and food in the time since."
Calvin wrote:"You wouldn't happen to know if there is a Spluggorth base near by, so we can stay far, far, far away, would you?"

"Speak of which, we should check in with our other team mates... I wonder what they are up to."
The fox-woman's tail flicks once at the remark on Spluggorth, only vaguely aware of what they are. What attracts her attention more is Calvin's second question. She frowns silently, suddenly slightly worried for pair as thoughts of what happened to Calvin before flash through her mind. "I hope that they are well. Things have been quiet from them."
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 / 37% JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [51] = 51
Conditions: Omni sight (duration: 9:15 minutes), Tongues (Duration: 6:45 minutes), Telepathy (13:45 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 159:45 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 6:45 minutes.)
Swimming: 1d100: [46] = 46 /70%

Well, great job warning her and trying to help the Dwarf. I left myself as food for 'Bruno' here. Just remember to redirect his attacks away with a shove, not parry like it's a strike. Then get behind it. If I have to grab the top fin and hold on. Maybe all those plates are sensitive to touch. Better to just get in that wreck's outer shell. this shark wants easy prey to conserve energy. she thinks as she speedily swims in an erratic pattern to the wreckage considering a flare arrow but chooses against the idea. A flare may well attract more of them.

If I could paralyze that thing for a bit. Its armor should keep it safe. That one Dominator class Psychic I worked with in the Psi-Batt 23rd Scout battalion did that. What was that? Bio-manipulation? That was it. She said to focus on the impulses that control the function of the Target. Her mind focuses on the shark's brain and its mobility sections.



Initiative: 1d20-2: [2]-2 = 0
APM: 5
1)Bio manipulate (Stun) strike: 1d20: [1] = 1 Duration: 4d4: [1, 3, 4, 1] = 9 (Save vs. Stun : 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 )(+1 if an attack)
2) keep swimming to the wreckage or action 3)
3)Bio manipulate (paralyze) Strike: 1d20: [19] = 19 Duration: 4d4: [3, 1, 1, 2] = 7
or action 4) if able, if stuck in shark's bite extract from armor and then action 4)

4) keep swimming to the wreckage
5) hide inside the (so the shark has to go through it to get her) wreck, then climb up/swim to the surface (keeping an eye out for anything interesting)

Parry: (if needed)
1 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17
2 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12
3 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13
4 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19
5 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12
Dodge:
1 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19
2 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6
3 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11
4 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6
5 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19

1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 1d20: [1] = 1 4d4: [4, 2, 4, 3] = 13
Last edited by Teres Barton on Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [40] = 40 / 21% (-10% due to being underwater)
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: 1d100: [70] = 70

Skills used:
Swimming: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 70%
Radio: Basic: 1d100: [11] = 11 / 75%

Immediately upon exiting the water, Rory casts Armor of Ithan upon herself as she waits for Teres to surface.
When Teres still hasn't surfaced after completing the spell, she pulls her vibroaxe from her belt while getting on the radio.

"Mayday, mayday. Attacked by sea creature. Going back in ta get Teres."

Using her nightvision (range 300'), she aims for where Teres is and dives back into the water, trying to rescue her.

Hel's teeth, I need some combat magic. I'm playing the damn dwarf stereotype, gods darn it.

Initiative 1d20+1: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 (1d20+3, -2 for close combat underwater)
Number of Attacks: 6
(-2 on initiative, -10% Perception Rolls, -2 to strike, dodge, or parry when fighting in close combat underwater. Accuracy with ranged weapons is unchanged).
1 Cast Armor of Ithan
2 Cast Armor of Ithan (continued)
3 Radio Templar
4 Grab vibroaxe
5 Dive back in to help Teres
6 Swim toward Teres (if Teres and creature are distant)
Attack with axe (if creature is in range): 1d20+1: 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 (1d20+3, -2 for close combat underwater)

(Armor of Ithan: PPE = 10, creates 60 MDC invisible, weightless, noiseless full suit of mystic armor)

Dodge: (if needed)
1. Not dodging
2. Not dodging
3. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)
4. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)
5. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)
6. 1d20+2: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 (-2 if fighting in close combat underwater)

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 143/165 (after Armor of Ithan)

Conditions: Tongues (Duration: 6:45 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 159:45 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 6:45 minutes.)

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 37/50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [71*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [94] = 94

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: 225/303 at the start of this post
- Tongues: 2 minutes/8 melees remaining
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


Rufus largely listens to the conversation, nodding along where appropriate and still internally processing the fact that a whale -- A WHALE -- can turn into a human. Well, I can do that too, right? So why am I so surprised at this? Maybe it's that the only 'animals' I've seen or heard of that can do something like that are of the monstrous variety -- and she's definitely not a monster.

And speaking of 'monsters...'
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 am”I do, and I would rather not talk about it, it’s not something I discuss with friends I just met. I can tell you they are survivors of the apocalypse, and that they still follow many of the old ways of the old american empire. Personally I would avoid them, as they will not be favorable to a majority of your crew. That is the last I wish of speak of them.”
"Now where have I heard that before..." Rufus mutters under his breath. At least the Tritonians and Lumerians seem like they're somewhat neighborly folk. I wonder if Tritonia was once called Gamu? Should we investigate?
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 amThey both nod. ”I figured that was what you meant, but was not completely sure. As for Ley Lines… There are several a few hundred miles to the north or east, or south even, you just so happen to be skirting in between them it seems. Remember the sea is a vast place.” Liam says.
"Story of my life, it seems..." Rufus chuckles. "A mage specializing in ley lines but whose travels rarely take him near one." He shrugs. "But in the grand story of life, things could definitely be worse."

Calvin's question of Splugorth activity brings a raised eyebrow. Well that would definitely qualify as 'worse.' Don't know whose arse he pulled that question out of, but if they're active in this part of the world as well then they're a much bigger threat than anyone back home thinks.
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 am"Speak of which, we should check in with our other team mates... I wonder what they are up to."

"Hey Teres, Rory, could you give us a sitrep? Are you two doing okay?"
Rufus is about to reply with a wisecrack about how they've probably walked right into some sort of danger -- or swam, or flew -- when he hears Rory's response.
Rory wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:15 am"Mayday, mayday. Attacked by sea creature. Going back in ta get Teres."
Called it... Rufus sighs as he stands up and bows to Liam and Crosses. "My friends, it appears the ladies have run afoul of the local wildlife. Please excuse me a moment while I pluck their tails out of the proverbial hot water." He mutters a quick incantation as he floats up above the deck and zooms off towards the wreck... muttering a few others along the way as he draws his Thundergun. He's never tried shooting it underwater -- or really, any other weapon -- but there's a first time for everything.

Spells Cast
Fly as the Eagle (25)
Invincible Armor (30)
Breathe Without Air (5)
Globe of Daylight (2)
If he gets a visual on the shark while above the water, he'll try to put a round or two from up in the air. If he can't, he'll dive in with the globe in the hopes of driving it off (sea creatures are creatures of the dark, right?) and putting a round or two (or several) from closer in. If the pistol doesn't work, however, he'll opt for closer in with his vibro-claws.
GM, I didn't post any combat actions as I figured he wouldn't get there in 15 seconds (his top flight speed of 50mph only translates into .21 miles per melee) but if you need them please let me know.


Swimming JIC: 1d100<97: [93*] = 1
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:57 AM (5 minutes has passed for those on the boat.)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
On the Sea Templar.

The conversation on the Sea Templar continues, Liam and the metamorphed Crosses the Undertow sitting on the edge of the boat.
Rufus wrote:"Story of my life, it seems... A mage specializing in ley lines but whose travels rarely take him near one. But in the grand story of life, things could definitely be worse."
The duo nods. ”Certainly”

Both Calvin and Jason apologize for constantly asking about the New Navy, though it seems Liam is over it as soon as he says it.
Calvin wrote:"I apologize. I don't mean to distress you at all. Let's change the subject."
Jason wrote:"I did not mean to upset you. You have been very helpful and I was rude for prying. Please forgive me. "
”Water under the boat.” Liam says.

Jason is a little disappointed at the duo’s lack of religious care, though it appears Calvin is at least happy they’re not anti-theists.
Jason wrote:"Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
”For sure Jason. Asking questions is certainly how we learn in life.” Liam says, Crosses the Undertow nods at this. Calvin proceeds to tell the duo about their travels up to this point. The duo nods along, but lets Calvin finish his story.
Calvin wrote:"Well, on the subject of nice and not nice folks to mingle with, there is a community of crab-like people off the western coast of Sumatra. I think they are called Junk Crabs. They are large crustacean looking folks, but they are incredibly mechanically inclined and explore the use of technology as its own end. When I fell out of the sky and landed about 300 yards from their settlement, they gave me a place to stay. Food and water were free. They were incredibly hospitable. Some of them even spoke Chinese well enough to hook me up with an old translating computer so that I can make myself useful around the settlement! We docked at Sunnoco village as well. They will sell supplies to outsiders, but not weapons. They charge for docking and food, but the water is filtered. Most of the workers and patrons of the touristy businesses seemed unfamiliar with non-humans. Toshiko and I got stared at a lot when we ate. But they'll take our money. The elders we conversed with were at least willing to talk to us about our quest, and they didn't seem to be too alarmed at our presence."
”Junk Crabs are almost as a whole kind individuals, they have a child-like love of technology and I think it spills over into their other pursuits. We’ve been to both the places you speak of in the past, they’re nice places to visit for company.” Liam responds.
Calvin wrote:"I'm good with avoiding mystical portals for a long, long time. But it does seem like the powers that be of the high seas need check this Nau'tyll nuisance before they link up with other nether-do-wells and cause even bigger problems for everyone else."
The two look to each other. ”Easier said than done. You’ve likely noticed how spread out things are in the vast ocean. So just dealing with them would likely bankrupt any nation who tried. For the most part the Nau’tyll while a danger are not very high on the list of things I would worry about.” Liam says. Crosses the Undertow nods. ”The minions of the Lord of the Deep are a scarier concern, and if you haven’t run into them, count yourself lucky.” She say, her tone serious.
Toshiko wrote:"If you don't have other pressing concerns, that would be good. I do not wish for others to be transported unwillingly as I and others were. The Templar have been very kind in providing transport and food in the time since."
”Well that is nice of them. Like I said we can look into it, but I have my doubt I’ll find anything particularly.” Liam says.
Calvin wrote:"You wouldn't happen to know if there is a Spluggorth base near by, so we can stay far, far, far away, would you?"
The duo shake their heads. ”Not that I’ve ever seen, I mean the Horune occasionally do work for them, but that isn’t the same I would think.” Liam says, It’s about this point that the folk with Tongues spells notice the magic fade. The ones with the Babel Fish, still easily understand the duo, but the others will need their Universal Translators from this point. (More of a note than a problem. ~Consumer)
Calvin wrote:"Speak of which, we should check in with our other team mates... I wonder what they are up to."
Toshiko wrote:"I hope that they are well. Things have been quiet from them."
The duo seems to not be phased by this in the least, and just smile and nod.
Jason wrote:"We have fairly bombarded you with questions and you have been incredibly patient. Thank you. Do you have any questions for us and is there anything that we may do for you?"
Liam and Crosses the Undertow look at Jason confused. (Used your JIC roll. ~Consumer)

”Sorry I don’t understand what you’re saying, has your spell expired?” Liam asks.
Calvin wrote:"Hey Teres, Rory, could you give us a sitrep? Are you two doing okay?"
The radio crackles, Calvin is sure he has done everything right, but after a few moments he doesn’t hear a reply.

What are your Intentions?

At the Wreck of the Highwind, 30 feet below the surface.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: 3 miles from the Wreck of the Highwind.
Date: May 13, 111 PA, 10:52:30 AM (15 seconds has passed)
Weather: Outside: High 87°, Low 77°; Cloudy (14 mph).
Mutant Tiger Shark Action One: Charge and Bite Teres. (Strike: 11; Damage: 17 M.D.) (Dodged)
Rory Action One: Cast Armor of Ithan (-10 P.P.E.; 50 M.D.C.; Duration: 5 Minutes)
Teres Action One: Bio manipulate (Stun) (-10 I.S.P.; Duration: 9 Minutes) (Saved; Save vs Psionics (10+) 20)
Mutant Tiger Shark Action Two: Begin Turn around.
Rory Action Two: Radio Templar. "Mayday, mayday. Attacked by sea creature. Going back in ta get Teres."
Teres Action Two: keep swimming to the wreckage.
Mutant Tiger Shark Action Three: Attack Teres with Bite. (Strike: 21; Damage: 17 M.D.)
Rory Action Three: Grab vibroaxe
Teres Action Three: Bio manipulate (paralyze) (-10 I.S.P.; Duration: 7) (Saved; Save vs. Psionics (10+): 12)
Rory Action Four: Dive back in to help Teres
Teres Action Four: Action Lost to dodge.
Rory Action Five: Swim toward Teres (if Teres and creature are distant)
Teres Action Five: Action Lost to Dodge.
Rory Action Six: No action listed.


Meanwhile in the area right near the decayed and mostly stripped carcass of the container ship Highwind, a battle to the death seems to be going on. The forty foot long shark lunges at Teres from a new angle having turned around from its previous attack vector. Teres is able to pretty easily dodge the creatures attempt to bite her. Rory flying a dozen or so feet above the waves is having trouble seeing the fight due to the glare on the ocean’s surface, undeterred, Rory casts the fairly common protective spell Armor of Ithan, ensconcing herself in a shimmering ghost of dwarven plate armor. Teres tries to give the shark the evil eye, if it is affected, she can’t tell, as it gets itself turned around for another go at her.

Rory rushes a desperate call over the radio.
Rory wrote:"Mayday, mayday. Attacked by sea creature. Going back in ta get Teres."
Her response is static, something in the area is disrupting her signal. Teres swims like hell, getting about halfway to the surface before the Shark attacks once more. Teres armor cracks a bit more under the pressure of its huge jaws. Rory unlimbers her vibro-axe from her belt, readying for some daring do it seems. Teres tries to give the shark the evil eye once more, and again is pretty sure it shrugged it off.

Rory dives back in the water, feeling the momentum of the flight spell die off immediately. Her attempts to swim towards Teres are clumsy, and she doens’t get very far.

Combat Post. Round 3


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions:

Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 225/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions:

Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 155/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 37/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (Duration: 6:30 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 159:30 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 6:30 minutes.)

Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 71/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 30/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Tongues (Duration: 6:30 minutes), Telepathy (13:45 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Duration: 159:30 minutes), Breathe Without Air (Duration: 6:30 minutes.)

Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 215/215, I.S.P.: 38/50, P.P.E.: 135/135
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C. AOI 40/40
Conditions:

Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: T-A14 Infantry "Trooper" Body Armor 95/95
Conditions:

Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions:
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”