[VR] Home, for Now.

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((rolls carried over))
Ashrak wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:44 pm Ashrak giggles "Yes, I like that callsign, he he he, it'll send the right message." Ashrak nods, snapping his neck back to Rend. "And you still live, yes? See, I am good luck, and you got your weapon back. Thanks to my contact." Ashraks practically coos to Rend expressing a noticable chipper attitude but one can't really tell why...
Hrm callsigns... these are like nicknames? I wonder what mine might be... Cookie Monster? Oh I like that. He watches the exchange curiously.

"Anyone know where one might take some weapons I wonder? We can do more damage with more weapons," he says, while glancing about to see if anyone has any notions of where to go next. Perhaps this asteroid home of theirs has a weapons cache?

Ashrak wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:44 pm Ashrak giggles again and holds up a finger "Rend, so quick to threaten indirect violence. One day I must introduce you to my sister, Telshak. If you think *I* have a fascination with death she will give you a new definition for the word Rend." Ashrak says with a smile. "But I agree with my ever violent counterpart; let us officially join you! My tentacles are already wrapped around your ship, and I know a good many people in the underworld. Tis how we found Rend's weapon that he hasn't thanked me for yet." Ashrak continues to anyone on the bridge.
This lot do not seem to be the official type.

"There's an official joining process?" he blinks with surprise. "I just finished lunch and followed my Machine friend until finding myself here. Those juicers were fun though, I wonder if we can catch up to them again and finish the fight."

"How does one join officially?" he looks at MOD. "Is it unpleasant? Does it involve violence and snacking? In my experience those two things go together quite well." He grins eagerly.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Rolls Carried
Zilch wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:44 pm "Agreed. This endeavour only yielded a pilot, monster and a...." he spares a glance at Valen, "whatever you are supposed to be." Examining his black streaked hair, he makes a conclusion. "Hairdresser? Gigolo?"
Zilch underestimates me. That could be advantageous should he ever decide to turn me into a snack. Valen, replies, "Hairdresser? Sure I have been known to take a little off the top. Usually from the neck up. As for Gigolo? Nope. My one rule is never turn what you enjoy into a job. Doing so assures you never enjoy it again." He turns to Phara and smiles.
Zilch wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:44 pm "Yes positively terrifying," the monster returns with a broad wink. As Bert departs the monster glances in his direction. Oooh! It's time for a snack! "I'm going to go over there a while," he points to Bert and the rubble in the mid-section of the ship, "try not to frighten anyone while I'm gone." He departs with a snicker.
"A creature that consumes matter and turns it into sarcasm. That is adorable."
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [73] = 73
PER: 1d100: [47] = 47 vs. 41%

Once it looks reasonably likely that the crew will not in fact be atomized, White stops paying attention to their harrowing escape and instead focuses on the visual display to try and call up some action shots of the Altess outpost being obliterated. Should he succeed, he will sit back and watch rapt with a wide (and creepy) grin on his face- and be more than happy to show anyone else who’s interested. Once they’re far away from the site White sighs, sits back, and engages in his usual aimless kvetching. ”Ah…. Another job, another promising opportunity going in in smoke and plasma fire while we barely scrape by with our lives. I guess we are going, er, home? Now?” Ugh. Perish the thought. Hopefully we can at least make the space somewhat livable. ”Everyone keep an eye on sensors though! You never know when some well-appointed but eminently hijackable space vessel will cross our path.” Gods know we could use an upgrade. Oh hey the new kids want to join now. But… why? White will remain silent and let MOD deal with team administration. Poor fel- a, er, um sentient. I suppose I should inspect the damage to the lab. Unless there’s something else for him to do on the bridge, White will head back down to the lab and see if anything of what were very makeshift facilities is salvageable to begin with.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

(rolls carried over)
Valen Rend wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:53 am Valen, replies, "Hairdresser? Sure I have been known to take a little off the top. Usually from the neck up. As for Gigolo? Nope. My one rule is never turn what you enjoy into a job. Doing so assures you never enjoy it again." He turns to Phara and smiles.
Zilch, who is listening intently, follows Valen's gaze. The Atlanetean? He roars with laughter, pounding his knee with one huge hand. "Oh Phara, the great hunter is on the prowl! Beware!" He laughs again, wiping away a tear. The monster ignores anything further said, but breaks into fits of giggles when he sees Valen look his way.

Once the mess of the cargo hold is sorted, and he tires of drumming, the monster considers Dr White's words.
Dr. White wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:20 am ”Everyone keep an eye on sensors though! You never know when some well-appointed but eminently hijackable space vessel will cross our path.”
He knows something of computer operation, but nothing of sensors. He looks to see who is monitoring for other ships and seeks to peek over their shoulder to learn. Unless the sensor operator is Valen, he joins in.

"Oh don't mind me," he assures whomever is operating the sensors. "I was wondering how one finds ships to steal in the void. Or eat. Whatever." He proceeds to demonstrate his limited knowledge of machines with blinking lights (Computer Operation skill), and watches intently.

Turn Cookies On.png
55%: 1d100: [3] = 3 (CRITICAL SUCCESS) <-- trying to fathom how sensors work. The bare beginnings of someday acquiring this skill.

If it's Valen operating sensors, the monster does not join him. Instead he just chuckles to himself as he fiddles with some electronic gizmos himself.

Then he explores the ship in detail, wondering which room ought to be his.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [34] = 0
JiC 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [98] = 98

Stuff
Energy form: RAF roundel
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged

Skill Stuff
Sensory equipment (57%) 1d100<57: [44*] = 1 - Monitor space traffic while flying to Geo
Navigation: Space (87%) 1d100<87: [47*] = 1 - Set course for Geo (if need be)

Flying up and away from Home, For Now as it devolves into chaos from above and below, MOD spots the Kibiko making its exit and zips over to it before it exits the halo's orbit. M flies through the busted airlock and into the bridge where Bert and Ashrak are on piloting duties. The presence of the Rithe on M's ship is not a welcome sight. I never thought that this crew would include someone creepier than the Doc. Wait! When did we hire more crew members?
Ashrak wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:00 pm"So, this ship is trash. We should blow it up or crash it and steal a new one."
"Hey," MOD snaps, "this is my trash. So I'll make the decisions on how we scrap and replace it."
Phara Vin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:16 pm"We got an asteroid-base-thingy. It's barely a half-step above this ride, but we're supposedly bringing atmo to it so we can at least breathe. That's still the plan, right MOD? Or are we ditching that for some other half-baked scheme? Like crashing and blowing up this pile of shit?"
M's center red circle contracts as ey stares at Phara. "We have to go to Geo to drop off the big cargo first. But sure, Vinny, invite the passengers to our secret base."
Valen Rend wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:50 am"On that note, I would like to sign up. You could use my muscle and I can use a gig. Plus I bring with me a respectability you may find useful. Former Cosmo Knights tend to strike fear in the hearts of many. Even respect in some. All the skill, a few less powers, but none of the rules. I help you guys pirate and you give me three hots and a cot plus a modest cut of the take. And as a bonus I won't intentionally kill your new pilot, Hentai. That is a hell of a deal. What do you say?"
Zilch wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:44 pm"Agreed. This endeavour only yielded a pilot, monster and a... whatever you are supposed to be. Hairdresser? Gigolo?"
Ashrak wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:44 pm"Rend, so quick to threaten indirect violence. One day I must introduce you to my sister, Telshak... Tis how we found Rend's weapon that he hasn't thanked me for yet."
"Sign up for what?" MOD quips back. How the fux do we keep on picking up defective stray corporeals like this? It's not like we leave a bowl of fuxing kibble by the airlock. They just fuxing appear on my fuxing ship! Fux my shining stars! "I don't know what you think this is beyond a deathtrap carrying a lot of non-commercial cargo. We're on our way to a Hartigal port where we can dock and sort things out."

M starts to float down to the cargo bay, but stops at the stairway. "I need to fux off for several hours. Bert, set a course for Geo. I'll get on sensors in a short bit."

Ey finds a discrete corner and starts to put together a new physical shell. Eir first impulse is to opt for something clean and sophisticated, maybe a tuxedo with white jacket, perhaps pinstripes. Wait, Ortiz primarily has usually done business with Mavis. And so ey takes 1d4: [1] = 1 hours to spin together the body of young blonde woman, just a bit over 5 feet tall with eir blonde hair in two small buns, revealing the shaved sides of eir heads and several roundel tattoos. For clothing ey opts for a long-sleeved black dress with tattered white lace on the cuffs and hem that contrast with the Doc Martin boots. Once ey has gone corporeal, MOD heads back to the bridge. Ey puts on some flying noise and starts to check the sensors.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

What is Past is Prologue:

I woke up in a cool place. The sun rays were cold. It was eerily still.

I dreamt that I made friends. I spoke to them every day. Some of them were in pain and were happy they had someone to talk to. Every one of us tried to make it through the day.

Before I made my friends, I met a man. He was so evil. I'll never forget his face. He introduced me to my new friends. At the time I was alone, and I thought nothing of it.

One of my friends, his name was Tomreau. He said he had a broken heart from 20 years ago. He said that it was the only thing that kept him alive. I believe him now.

Another friend, her name was Vaneshka. She was a strange creature. Sometimes when she misbehaved, she would disappear and reappear somewhere else. Eventually the bad man would hold her down, and with a syringe in each of his many limbs, ganged up on her. He made sure she would think she could get away. Then he'd gleefully strip away her fortitude. He said it was a sport and a pastime.

We all watched. His joie de vivre was constant. There was always a new idea he was willing to try. He never suffered a lack of creativity.

"I could make you better!" And he always tried.

Sometimes I think about home, that I want to go back. Then I remembered my family, and I couldn't ever go home again. I learned about the drugs. I know every time I woke up, I will be changed somewhat. More and more, I look forward to blacking out, so I could talk to my friends in my dreams.

The worst thing about the evil man. He told me there weren't going to be many rules. They just turned to be terrible.

One day I woke up to fits of anguished screaming followed by loud crashes. And then silence. My insides felt like the aftermath of a terrible nose bleed. There had been a mutiny. Somebody stopped being afraid, somebody didn't follow the rules.

Nobody survived the aftermath. I looked outward and saw some of my friends in the cold, by themselves. Their eyes frozen from their tears. Some of them smiled triumphantly. They were in a better place.

Eventually I found what's left of the evil man. His face contorted with rage, fear and disbelief. It was a terrible face, but it will never be the overture of punishment ever again.

The cold inside gave me blisters. I wish I could make that feeling go away, but the evil man took much of my autonomy away.

Maybe one day I'll be better.

Maybe I'll make new friends. Maybe they will help me.

Maybe, in time, I'll learn to forget that terrible face.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Home was once promised to the decadent for the depraved. Its demise was no less opulent a spectacle.

The seas evaporated in an instant, changing the structure's surface to a rose gold patina. Forests raged with fire. In seconds, the atmosphere was set ablaze.

Asteroids, large and small, appeared out of space. In the dark they were invisible, Home's dying hue catching them in flight just before impact.

From a far, it was almost comical to watch the very visible orbital ring be batted around. Through a small observation window, it looked like a classical display of Brownian motion; where a larger object was knocked about by something impermissible to the eye. Mere seconds felt like minutes, as the orbital ring began to shatter, falling into the gravity well of the structure that seemed to be rippling across the surface.

Some of these asteroids were very big. Big enough to collide with Home, but had the sheer momentum to glance off the surface of their targets. These asteroids collided with other things. Other asteroids, passenger ships, each collision leaving a small cloud of debris that expanded randomly.

The structure began to bruise. Then it started to bleed. The welts drove the cuts deeper and deeper. Whatever materials that held the internal guts of Home spilled forth from its wounds like arteries flayed open with a dull instrument, applied with terrible force. Home began to crumble, engulfed by its own innards.

There was no sound in space. But the cruelty of Home's death could be felt beyond mere sight and sound.

Whoever did this wanted attention. They have brought back stoning as punishment, and they invited the neighborhood to watch.

---

Kibiko heaved and whinged helplessly. Devoted to the very until the very end, this would be the lumbering machine's last journey.

The debris field thinned as it expanded. Kibiko limped away just in time. In hyper space, the outside world blurred. The crew would be reliant on the sensors onboard the Kibiko to navigate, which was a miracle they still functioned after the heavy punishment that the ship suffered.

Zilch gradually thumbed his way around the menu of the sensor suite. He had a good command of what menu options are located, but didn't quite grasp what exactly what these functions did. In time, with correct guidance, terms such as 'DME' and 'azimuth' would make sense. He did however figure out the options to pick preferred units of measurement. He could select between radians and degrees, switch back and forth between light years, parsecs and with a legacy toggle, something called 'Astronomical Units'. Whilst rummaging through the options, he found an instruction manual, which introduced him some of the terms and jargon. However, the manual expected the operator to have a baseline understanding of inter-system and celestial navigation. There seemed to be an assumption that sensors optimal for detection and navigation, sublight and FTL travel, are to work in conjunction. And it was up to the operator to figure out how. Also, there was a whole slew of navigation within a civilized system that demands using beacons and radio signals from starpoints for guidance, all of this information obtainable from the sensor suite. There was literally so much to learn, so much to digest. Once Zilch had finished playing with the sensor suite, he explored the star ship, only to find much of the common area and the barracks of the ship to be burned to slag from the last fight. There are still rooms per se, he can find a place to lie down, but this ship would likely be condemned in the near future.

All the while, Bert the Machine laid passed out from exhaustion, only to wake up two hours later to find that everyone was still safe, they are on course, nobody had been killed or consumed.

Ashrak and Rend continued their banter, smiling between threats of violence.

Vinny tended to her armor, but with neither a repair kit or suitable substitute, the scorch marks and dents in her armor cannot be readily remedied. Her efforts in vain, her armor gently chided her: "We almost came away scot free. It's okay. I know you tried. You'll do better next time."

Much of Dr. White's equipment in his lab had been knocked over. Things stored in glass or similar containers laid on the floor. The samples useless for future endeavor. Whatever reference value these samples contained were now lost. Fortunately, while the explosive blasts have melted and moved the corridor walls on the way to his room, his weapons remained mostly in tact.

(OOC: Just as in aside, whatever is on your sheet is still there and miraculously in good health. While the barracks are gone, none of you trust your crew mates well enough to store belongings in a common sleeping area. They have been hidden around the ship and everyone so far has had the good sense to keep their hands to themselves *GM HAND WAVE*)

MOD set forth eir hippo on a course to GEO. Ey is working Eir sensors diligently. Approaching 3ish c, Kibiko picked up a dark shape that was moving laconically between systems. In visual mode, the grey object looked like a cocoon.

Image

Image

(OOC: model borrowed from here. https://www.behance.net/gallery/3428799 ... h-Starship)

Initially, it did not seem like the object was moving beyond its own momentum. After all, the object was barely exhibiting any power signature. There does not seem to be lifesigns registered and there are no shields protecting this metallic thing. However, closer inspection would find that the object had a large bay door open on starboard. It was leaking, in fact, spewing atmosphere and condensation. A casual observation would note that the displacement would have caused the aimless object to drift laterally, albeit very slowly, as well. However, it was travelling in a straight line.
What are your intentions?
GM Notes
You are all alive and well on different parts of the ship and have recovered all of your gear on your sheet.

The loot is in tact.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: 1d100: [56] = 56
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [8] = 8 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.


The monster watches the annihilation of Home through the sensor display with great interest. Alas something wasn't right. Is it the needless destruction? No, it wasn't. The needless deaths amid those explosions? Space folk destroyed each other all the time, he'd grown used to it over the centuries. What really mattered was... ah ha! Snacks!

He throws up shaggy blue arms in despair. "You can't watch a show like this without snacks! It's a rule!" Just then a particularly destructive explosion gets his attention. "OOoooOO! That was a big one!"

Still, it just wasn't right without something to munch on.
Nurse Ratchet wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:51 pm In time, with correct guidance, terms such as 'DME' and 'azimuth' would make sense. He did however figure out the options to pick preferred units of measurement. He could select between radians and degrees, switch back and forth between light years, parsecs and with a legacy toggle, something called 'Astronomical Units'.
Puzzling further over the sensor menu, he looks for a solution to his woes. He'd made good progress with the device, more than most looking at Zilch would have reason to expect. He was an intelligent killer after all, although utterly ignorant to the ways of space navigation. There has to be some trick to this I'm not seeing. I just need to observe others. So he watches MOD intently, studying how it is all supposed to be done without really knowing anything of the truth behind it.

"Hrmm... Azimuth. No no, that's not it."

"Parsecs, AU or Light Years? Oh who cares?" He watches MOD flip through the screens expertly. Suddenly his keen eyes spot something delicious.

"Stop! There! D.M.E.! YES!" Zilch exclaims in triumph, and reaches over MOD's shoulder and thumbs the button. "Dinner Made Easy! That's precisely what we want."

The sensors, interpreting the raw data received, had arrived at a conclusion.
Nurse Ratchet wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:51 pm MOD set forth eir hippo on a course to GEO. Ey is working Eir sensors diligently. Approaching 3ish c, Kibiko picked up a dark shape that was moving laconically between systems. In visual mode, the grey object looked like a cocoon.

Initially, it did not seem like the object was moving beyond its own momentum. After all, the object was barely exhibiting any power signature. There does not seem to be lifesigns registered and there are no shields protecting this metallic thing. However, closer inspection would find that the object had a large bay door open on starboard. It was leaking, in fact, spewing atmosphere and condensation. A casual observation would note that the displacement would have caused the aimless object to drift laterally, albeit very slowly, as well. However, it was travelling in a straight line.
"That's dinner all right! I wonder what flavour that ship is? Can these sensors tell us?" He looks questioningly at MOD.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 /39% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [50] = 50

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Mask I.S.P. [30min]| Mind Block [30 Min] | Forcefield: 110/110

Skills:
Lore, Galactic Aliens: 1d100: [65] = 65 /45% [Does Ashrak recognize the class of ship.]
Spacecraft, Small: 1d100: [51] = 51 /79% [P-P-P-Pilot]

Post:

The utter chaos and anarchy on the bridge may as well be music to the insane Rithe, who is quite literally humming in the pilots seat as the good Doctor, M and Zilch go on their own tirades. After awhile, Ashrak nods again. Not even a nod of appreciation from the fallen for helping. No wonder he was kicked out of the Forge's Fanclub. Ashrak muses to himself. Maybe I'll steal his weapon this time and watch him cry. Hmm, I wonder what those weapons are worth...
Snappy One wrote:"Hey," MOD snaps, "this is my trash. So I'll make the decisions on how we scrap and replace it." .."I don't know what you think this is beyond a deathtrap carrying a lot of non-commercial cargo. We're on our way to a Hartigal port where we can dock and sort things out."
Ashrak's cruel train of thought is interrupted by M who apparently has objections to just crashing the ship, causing the Rithe to gurgle a sigh. "Yes, yes, of course, YOUR Ship, you are in charge. Of course." Ashrak says with a smile, steering the ship in a random direction, maybe towards Hartigal Port, maybe away, he's not sure since he doesn't have coordinates and just smiles jovially. "I'm merely trying to be of service, hehehe. And I won't even try to knife anyone." Ashrak giggles to MOD while coiling two of his left tentacles on the pilots stick, leaving the third free floating just above, ready to press a needed button. All the while his second set of tentacles seem to be almost exploring the full range of reach around the pilot's seat, touching almost everything once.
Private Time M wrote:"I need to fux off for several hours. Bert, set a course for Geo. I'll get on sensors in a short bit."
"Ooooooo, finally, coordinates to go to instead of flying randomly in space?!" Ashrak giggles again. "I think I might like this seat." Ashrak says to no one, nestling into the Pilot's seat in such that his tail coils beneath him, allowing his upper torso to sit against the chair almost normally with a very large blade hanging off to one side. "Careful, it has a mind of it's own sometimes, hehehe" Ashrak says to anyone who sees his large tail-blade just swaying like a feline's tail.
Zilch wrote:"That's dinner all right! I wonder what flavour that ship is? Can these sensors tell us?"
Upon the site of the free-floating object in the vast void of Space, Ashrak shivers in excitement. "Ooh-ho-ho-ho-ho... Yes, these sensors should tell us but careful which button you press hehehe never know in a ship like this one!" Ashrak pauses and gently coos towards M in eir new form. "That one must know their ship! A shapeshifter to boot... intriguing." Ashrak says, the last word lingering perhaps just a little too long with Ashrak's gaze blatantly at M. I believe Telshak told me stories of such creatures that are made of light and shape shift. Timeless creatures of the stars... what were they called... Even more secrets to learn. Perhaps I will let them keep some secrets, they seem fun! Not that father would approve. 'Never show interest in lower life forms; they are nothing but product.' he would say. Such a traditionalist. Ashrak finally rolls his eyes at his own fathers maliciousness.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [68] = 68 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [7] = 7
Valen wrote:"A woman loving her armor, sounds hot. Hope you have a blast."
"Fuck you talking about? My armor better not be too hot, that'd cause plenty of problems." She gives Valen a glare that gives him the distinct impression that she thinks he's a moron.
Valen again wrote:Valen, replies, "Hairdresser? Sure I have been known to take a little off the top. Usually from the neck up. As for Gigolo? Nope. My one rule is never turn what you enjoy into a job. Doing so assures you never enjoy it again." He turns to Phara and smiles.
Zilch wrote:Zilch, who is listening intently, follows Valen's gaze. The Atlanetean? He roars with laughter, pounding his knee with one huge hand. "Oh Phara, the great hunter is on the prowl! Beware!" He laughs again, wiping away a tear. The monster ignores anything further said, but breaks into fits of giggles when he sees Valen look his way.
The Atlantean, who was in the process of leaving the room to attempt maintenance on her armor, looks between the two, and gives a snort. What are these two asshats going on about? Out loud, she says, "Not afraid of red devil looking assholes. Pretty easy to shoot a hole in when they're overconfident pricks." Not realizing the irony of her statement, she leaves and does her work.

Vinny's Armor wrote:Vinny tended to her armor, but with neither a repair kit or suitable substitute, the scorch marks and dents in her armor cannot be readily remedied. Her efforts in vain, her armor gently chided her: "We almost came away scot free. It's okay. I know you tried. You'll do better next time."
Phara wipes sweat off of her brow as her second attempt to use vegetable oil to shine out a smudge did jack shit for her armor. She wipes it off thoroughly, grumbling to herself as she switches to cleaning the suit instead of fixing it. When it speaks to her, she pauses for a half second before grinning, hitting the arm of the thing. "You've been quiet! And hell yeah, I'll do better. Gonna shoot someone up to get a repair kit for you, get all this damage worked out." Not that there was much damage in general.

Once she's done what she can, she stretches, finds something vaguely edible to eat, and makes her way back to the bridge.
Cookie Monster wrote:Puzzling further over the sensor menu, he looks for a solution to his woes...

Sensor Shenanigans

..."Dinner Made Easy! That's precisely what we want."
The Atlantean laughs at the muncher's antics. "Shit, you're a dumbass." Turning to MOD if ey is in the room, "You want someone competent on sensors or should we let this lunatic continue?" Regardless of eir answer, she moves and sits at weapons, chowing down on whatever food she's found.

Once she finishes, she sighs, is quiet for a moment, before looking to MOD once again (again presuming ey is in the room), "Once we get our pay, we're getting repair shit and some spare parts or something. You might be able to dip, but us corporeals need to keep our armor in shape." She flicks her eyes to... pretty much everyone who isn't her at the moment. ...Ugh, these assholes have to make it difficult. "Least I do. Unless you want the girl with the big gun to drop dead. And I will haunt all your asses. It'll fucking suck."
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]

[After Phara left]
Ashrak giggles to himself after Phara's interaction with Rend and Zilch. Oooo, she may be my new favorite! Ashrak thinks, his thought causing the Rithe to almost shudder in glee as he holds back another laugh. To Rend and Zilch, he coos. "Careful. Something tells me that one bites harder than her bark!" Ashrak teasingly warns.

[Upon Phara's return]
Phara wrote:"You want someone competent on sensors or should we let this lunatic continue?"
Ashrak appears offended. "THE AUDACITY! Someone of your disposition has no need to be on sensors. No, no. Better you take the guns. You behind the main gun.... ahhhh such an enticing thought! The Monster can manage sensors unless our eccentric captain wants them instead! Sensors are for fools anyways, better to feeeeeeel it." Ashrak counters, his grip on the pilot's stick tightening like a snake constricting around it's prey.
"Once we get our pay, we're getting repair shit and some spare parts or something. You might be able to dip, but us corporeals need to keep our armor in shape." "Least I do. Unless you want the girl with the big gun to drop dead. And I will haunt all your asses. It'll fucking suck."
Ashrak seems to tense at the prospect of pay, ever so slightly turning towards M and anyone else on the bridge. "It'd be nice if Rend offered any payment for his weapon I found for him. Alas. Maybe this vessel before us will have untold treasures! Relics to steal, souls to torment, things to blow up... Ahhh, tell me, have you ever witnessed a super nova? The greatest explosion that can ever be witnesses?! What a sight. Especially watching the reconstructed view of the planets wiped out in the process. Absolutely palpable." Ashrak appears to randomly recall the memory of such a horrible event with odd fondness. He turns to Phara with a bemused grin. "And your ghost is one I'd welcome to accompany me, should you ever die on while I am around, not that I'd have a hand, er, tentacle in it, so to speak."
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((rolls carried over))
Phara Vin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:33 am
Cookie Monster wrote:Puzzling further over the sensor menu, he looks for a solution to his woes...

Sensor Shenanigans

..."Dinner Made Easy! That's precisely what we want."
The Atlantean laughs at the muncher's antics. "Shit, you're a dumbass." Turning to MOD if ey is in the room, "You want someone competent on sensors or should we let this lunatic continue?" Regardless of eir answer, she moves and sits at weapons, chowing down on whatever food she's found.
The monsters shrugs affably, for he is well fed and in no need to dine on tattooed Atlanteans. Besides, he is rather enjoying the company. A few centuries buried underground will make you odd. I'm actually enjoying company now.

"Never before have I attempted to work the gizmos on a ship. If you show me I will learn. In the meantime, if you need someone to tear through a ship hull and devour all the screaming crewmen inside I have a goodly amount of experience in that. The same goes with villages, towns and the occasional chocolate factory. Excellent fun!"

He peers more closely at the ship in display, "I hope there are survivors on board, do you see any? I hope they aren't too badly hurt." He winks and grins an evil grin filled with sharp teeth.

"Then they can try to run. I love fast food."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [70] = 70
Conditions: None.
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Sensory Equipment 1d100: [44] = 44 /63% (Scan area.)
Navigation: Space 1d100: [84] = 84 /48% (Are we really on course.)
Spacecraft General 1d100: [10] = 10 /74% (Co-Pilot duties)
Sensory Equipment 1d100: [65] = 65 /63% (Scan Ghost Ship.)

Bert rubs the sleep from his eyes and walks back into the cockpit. Stairs a re gone, either have to fix them or... Bert thinks as he grunts and climbs short drop into the cockpit. Bert plops down in the Co-Pilot seat and looks over the screens. Space seems safe... Are we going the right way, where is Dr. White? What the hell is that? Are the series of thoughts that go through Bert's tired mind.

"Am I not the only one seeing that ship?" Bert asks to no one in particular.

Bert sighs as he listens to the crew banter with itself, but in this case, Bert doesn't respond to any of it. Bert flips the switch on the Radio a few times before sighing. That's right radio blew just before the shenanigans. No way to know if it's broadcasting or not." Bert says. "So are we gonna investigate it, or let it float on by?" Bert asks looking towards MOD.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [94] = 0
JiC 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [49] = 49

Stuff
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged

Aside from being the in Kibiko, which is to say in a janky as fux space hip that has taken about as much abuse as the Altess halo from which it is departing, the flight away from Home, For Now is fairly smooth. M monitors the sensor array while playing a constant stream of feedback that one could mistake for a catastrophic equipment failure.

The music doesn't chase away the new corporeals on board the ship, as Zilch keeps trying to lay his fuzzing mitts on the sensor array. M slaps a hand away and notices a large piece of debris floating by. Ey does eir best to adjust the scanners to get a clear view of the image, but then Ashrak offers to help. "Back the fux off!" M snaps before scanning the debris for any signs of life.

One usually doesn't find debris floating this far away from any port. And this is huge. Could it be? But ey doesn't see any energy signatures. No, if it was a lost ship it would be giving of some sort of S.O.S. or something like that. I kinda want to fly over and take a look at.
Zilch wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:52 am"That's dinner all right! I wonder what flavour that ship is? Can these sensors tell us?"
Ashrak wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:18 am"Ooh-ho-ho-ho-ho... Yes, these sensors should tell us but careful which button you press hehehe never know in a ship like this one!"
"Five steps back," M slaps one of Ashrak's tentacles away from the console. "or I will cook those noodles of yours way past al dente."
Phara Vin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:33 am"You want someone competent on sensors or should we let this lunatic continue?"
"I got sensors," M replies, "but if you want to help and space people, you can start by... going and eating over there. Yeah, thanks Vinny." I pay her way too much. I pay the crew right? No, I need credits for that. Still overpaid. Ey barely notices that there are hanger doors on the debris, and it might actually be a ship. Ey perks up from eir seat.
The Machine wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:08 pm"Am I not the only one seeing that ship?"
"On it right now," M replies. "Looks like it's been dead for a while, neh?"
The Machine wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:08 pm"That's right radio blew just before the shenanigans. No way to know if it's broadcasting or not."
"If it there was a radio on, I'd see it," M says, " being a phantom and all. But I don't see a thing."
The Machine wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:08 pm"So are we gonna investigate it, or let it float on by?"
"I'll go scout it out," M offers getting up from eir seat. As ey walks to the airlock ey shouts, "Don't get to close until I send out a signal. If it's safe to board, I'll shoot out a pulse of green light. If anyone's there or it's an even bigger death trap than the Kibiko I'll fux out and leave a trail of red light." And with that MOD hops out of the ship and flies over to inspect the abandoned ship.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((rolls carried over))
MOD wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:59 pm
Zilch wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:52 am"That's dinner all right! I wonder what flavour that ship is? Can these sensors tell us?"
Ashrak wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:18 am"Ooh-ho-ho-ho-ho... Yes, these sensors should tell us but careful which button you press hehehe never know in a ship like this one!"
"Five steps back," M slaps one of Ashrak's tentacles away from the console. "or I will cook those noodles of yours way past al dente."
"Mmmmm," Zilch looks at Ashrak appraisingly. "Al dente."

He drools a little. I wonder what food group Ashrak belongs to? Is it seafood? Something meaty? A weird blend? Once more he wishes there was a kitchen on board. Maybe junk food? He gets distracted wondering what sorts of side dishes might go well with flash-fried al dente Rithe tentacle. Definitely going to need salt. Oh and chips. So many chips.
MOD wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:59 pm "I'll go scout it out," M offers getting up from eir seat. As ey walks to the airlock ey shouts, "Don't get to close until I send out a signal. If it's safe to board, I'll shoot out a pulse of green light. If anyone's there or it's an even bigger death trap than the Kibiko I'll fux out and leave a trail of red light." And with that MOD hops out of the ship and flies over to inspect the abandoned ship.
Zilch nods happily, images of food still swirling about in his thoughts. He smiles greedily. "I hope it's got a kitchen," he says cryptically. "We're going to need it."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]
Zilch wrote:"Never before have I attempted to work the gizmos on a ship. If you show me I will learn. In the meantime, if you need someone to tear through a ship hull and devour all the screaming crewmen inside I have a goodly amount of experience in that. The same goes with villages, towns and the occasional chocolate factory. Excellent fun!"
Ashrak doesn't comment but does look towards the blue monster with a smile fit to torment children's nightmares. A beast of such power, such ferocity, with such lack of knowledge? Willingness to be molded into the perfect weapon? Ashrak considers, a twinkle in the alien's mischievous eyes.
"I hope there are survivors on board, do you see any? I hope they aren't too badly hurt." "Then they can try to run. I love fast food."
Ashrak smiles and shifts from left to right. "What if they ran towards you instead, willingly, to be food? Would it not be a treat? One I might facilitate for you." Ashrak offers and for the first time actually offers a glimpse into what his true capabilities might be.
M the Deranged wrote:"Five steps back," M slaps one of Ashrak's tentacles away from the console. "or I will cook those noodles of yours way past al dente."
Ashrak's single tentacle recoils with a playful hiss. "Tch, so touchy. You'll warm up to me and come to find my company quite pleasant. Hehehe" Ashrak says as he resettles in the pilot's seat.
"If it there was a radio on, I'd see it," M says, " being a phantom and all. But I don't see a thing."
A PHANTOM! That's what they were called.... A phantom... Ooooooooooh, father would be quite pleased to learn of this one. He might well try to capture it himself, better I don't tell him about this one yet. Can't have father ruining my fun, again. Ashrak reconciles. Towards MOD, Ashrak turns. "I've heard a great many things of Phantoms, of the few races to have my utmost respect." Ashrak offers, fully aware MOD may not want his respect.
Bert wrote:"So are we gonna investigate it, or let it float on by?"
M the Murderous wrote:"I'll go scout it out," M offers getting up from eir seat. As ey walks to the airlock ey shouts, "Don't get to close until I send out a signal. If it's safe to board, I'll shoot out a pulse of green light. If anyone's there or it's an even bigger death trap than the Kibiko I'll fux out and leave a trail of red light."
Ashrak purrs. So controlling, a dominatrix I imagine! Hehehehe, well, I do so love watching them take charge; even if it's fake. Ashrak confides in himself, admitting something his family would laugh at him for. "Of course, whatever you say, little phantom." Ashrak coos towards MOD, the term phantom practically dripping off his lips like he had just wetted them in the most savory of sweet wines fit for kings.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

((Rolls Carried Over))
MOD wrote:"I'll go scout it out, Don't get to close until I send out a signal. If it's safe to board, I'll shoot out a pulse of green light. If anyone's there or it's an even bigger death trap than the Kibiko I'll fux out and leave a trail of red light."[/size]
Bert nods, and begins to unbuckle his harness. "Ashrak, please maintain this distance and keep speed with the vessel. Phara, keep the gun aimed at it, shoot anything that isn't MOD. Doc you okay with co-pilot duties? Valen, Zilch come with me, I'm gonna show you boarding prep." Bert says as he grabs his helmet and fixes it on.

Bert stands still for a few moments, before it hisses, and a luminescent skull fades into view on the black face plate. Bert makes his way out of the cockpit towards the port airlock. As he moves he speaks up. "So assuming MOD doesn't run screaming from the ship, were gonna wait in the airlock to speedily board the vessel if needed." Bert pauses for a moment looking at Zilch in particular. "Two questions... Do you need an EVA suit to survive in space? Two Do you have a Radio?" Bert asks, genuinely not knowing either answer.

When Zilch answers Bert nods. "Okay a couple of quick hand gestures for communication then. Closed fist, stop. Open hand pointing forward, go. If anything attacks us, I think you understand what to do." Bert says as he cycles the Airlock open. Bert steps in the airlock and gestures for Valen and Zilch to follow.

"Just let me know what the color is." Bert says over the group channel.

Bert cycles the Airlock closed and vents the air. This should be fun. Bert thinks as he hefts the grenade launcher up.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried over))
The Machine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:45 pm "Valen, Zilch come with me, I'm gonna show you boarding prep." Bert says as he grabs his helmet and fixes it on.

Bert stands still for a few moments, before it hisses, and a luminescent skull fades into view on the black face plate. Bert makes his way out of the cockpit towards the port airlock. As he moves he speaks up. "So assuming MOD doesn't run screaming from the ship, were gonna wait in the airlock to speedily board the vessel if needed." Bert pauses for a moment looking at Zilch in particular. "Two questions... Do you need an EVA suit to survive in space? Two Do you have a Radio?" Bert asks, genuinely not knowing either answer.
The hulking blue monster follows Bert as asked. I like Bert. A most agreeable fellow. He got me out of that place that just blew up. Extra credit for that. I definitely won't eat him.

Soon he stands in the airlock and listens intently to the questions posed. In response he laughs. A deep, rumbling sound that fills the confined space of their present position. "Of course I can," he says in a friendly tone. "I am a creature of the void. The dark of space is my home." He reveals large empty hands outstretched. "But alas," he says, "I have no equipment whatsoever."
The Machine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:45 pm When Zilch answers Bert nods. "Okay a couple of quick hand gestures for communication then. Closed fist, stop. Open hand pointing forward, go. If anything attacks us, I think you understand what to do." Bert says as he cycles the Airlock open. Bert steps in the airlock and gestures for Valen and Zilch to follow.
Zilch replies with a snarl of implied violence. Many cruel sharp teeth are revealed in that gesture. "I might squeeze their throats," he muses aloud. "Their eyes always bulge most agreeably. At least until I bite their heads off. Then I will check their pockets for radios."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]
Bert wrote:"Ashrak, please maintain this distance and keep speed with the vessel. Phara, keep the gun aimed at it, shoot anything that isn't MOD. Doc you okay with co-pilot duties? Valen, Zilch come with me, I'm gonna show you boarding prep."
Ashrak giggles. "Of course! Have fun playing on the other ship. Hehehe." Ashrak says as thought it's a warning, not that he'd explain further. Ashrak finds himself in the pilot's seat, keeping pace and flying the trash-heap of a ship with the creepiest of smiles. Hehehe... I could fly into the ship. Just a little nudge, see what happens. Hehehehe He thinks, making himself giggle in the pilots chair until he notices that White, the Promethean, is sitting next to him. The closest I've been to one, they are normally soooo touchy about their space. Ashrak muses through widening eyes.

The tentacle monster coils and rotates enough to look directly at Doctor White. "Hiiii." Ashrak practically coos at White. One tentacle form floats up towards White as Ashrak nods. "Tch. You know, I've always been quite fond of Prometheans." He says with a disgusting purr.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [94] = 94
PER: 1d100: [59] = 59 vs. 41%

Computer operation: 1d100: [91] = 91 vs. 73%
To try and access sensor logs of Home’s destruction.

White watches the destruction of the Altess habitat with a rapt smile on his face. He will ignore any attempts at conversation, or even anything happening around him on the bridge of the ship, in favor of simply taking in all of the minor details of the awesome annihilative forces being unleashed. When it is over, the Promethean gives his console a contented sigh, and tries to download any logs of the action (especially visual data) to his own personal computer for later review. Yeah. Review.

Afterwards the team is back in deep space, and after a quick trip to the lab to determine that it is in fact in even worse condition than he left it (not an easy feat to achieve), White gives it all up as a loss and goes back to hang out on the bridge. There, he amuses himself by observing the process by which several of the tagalongs try to get joined up with the crew. Why they would want to, I have no idea. He snorts out loud and says, ”Aw, c’mon Cap’n! Would you deny these, uh, fine people the opportunity to live and work in such luxurious accommodations?” He gestures theatrically at the fine specimen around them. ”I mean, at least give ‘em a chance. Free for all fight to the death? Zilch disposes of the losers? We could probably sell pay-per-view!” White’s eyes sparkle, alight with the possibilities.
Ashrak wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:19 am"Tch. You know, I've always been quite fond of Prometheans." He says with a disgusting purr.
Once the situation is resolved White replies, seemingly either oblivious or uncaring to Ashrak’s tone. ”Yes, well, welcome to the crew I guess! I am Doctor White, Chief Science and Medical Officer. If you are looking for something to do, I am perpetually in need of new lab assistants. They always seem to lack the stomach for true scientific inquiry. And a certain degree of bodily fortitude. You should do fine, I’m sure. By the way, I’m not terribly familiar with your species. What color is your blood? How about internal organs?”

Getting to know you chitchat notwithstanding, eventually there’s a new contact on the sensors and White’s attention once again shifts. Once its presence is established on some sort of view screen, White murmurs ”Oooooo… Salvageable….?” He turns his murmur into a hopeful question. After MOD sets out to investigate the hulk, White nods and orders the help ”Take us in close- just in case I need to teleport over there and save the Cap’n.” While White has no specific plan, he’ll try to position himself on the ship such that he will be able to get over the drifting hulk, just in case he’s needed.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

MOD wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:59 pm "I'll go scout it out," M offers getting up from eir seat. As ey walks to the airlock Ey shouts, "Don't get to close until I send out a signal. If it's safe to board, I'll shoot out a pulse of green light. If anyone's there or it's an even bigger death trap than the Kibiko I'll fux out and leave a trail of red light." And with that MOD hops out of the ship and flies over to inspect the abandoned ship.
Space was dark, especially when one is millions of miles away from any source of light. MOD lit up the space like a lone candle in the dark room. As ey approached the dark space ship, its surface lightly rippled as it traveled through the void. The approach to the opened airlock was uneventful. Deep scratches covered the center of the floor. The double bay interior doors were left half opened. Darkness bathed the corridor, frost and what seems to be frozen blood lead around a corner. The hallway was otherwise empty, everything seemed to have been violently sucked out into space. The corridor walls were a grey white, with some plastic trim bridging the floor to the wall. However, a look to the ceiling will review several layers of capillary like tubes, a massive maze that stretch across the ceiling.

The end of the hallway lead to the bottom of a vaguely circular stairwell. There is a door at the bottom of the stairs. It is shut and the hinges would indicate that the door opens inward. Peering through the thick window, the corridor on the other side seemed dry but otherwise lifeless. There seems to be rooms, MOD counts six, but the corridor bends to the left to the end. MOD will not be able to discern anything more unless she enters into that space.

The stairs curled around into an upper level. Up the stairwell, one would find that an airlock that has been purposely left ajar. The doorway lead into an open area. It appeared to be the mess hall. Someone had a party. There is a kitchen knife stuck in the floor with the handle glistening under MOD's own light. What was left of the food were frozen to the floor as streaks leading to the airlock. What wasn't held to the ground was seemingly flushed out. There was a long dining table with benches, all were anchored down by screws to the floor.

Blaster scorch marks adorned the walls. Signs of a struggle were evident. Multiple air vents are spewing air. Some of it crystalizes, it seems water vapor is present. The crystals drifted down the ground, indicating that gravity is present. Several rooms fed into the dining area. Eventually, MOD finds the bridge. The air lock door opens inward and it was somehow left ajar.

Normally on a space ship, one could feel a constant hum. But the absence of air makes sound travel impossible. There are no sounds. There are corridors to the back of the mess hall that go in all sorts of directions, but a quick survey seems to show that the second level is lifeless.

Meanwhile, Ashrak pilots Kibiko steadily (OOC: Correction. My bad, didn't see your pilot roll.). Meanwhile, Dr. White sits next to Ashrak in the co-pilot's chair, ready to be teleported to the mystery ship at a moment's notice. Phara is on weapons duties. All the while, Bert, Zilch and Valen are prepped and ready to go into space. The air hisses loudly as the airlock vents.
What are your intentions?
GM Notes
Phara, Ashrak and Dr. White are on Kibiko.
MOD is already on the ship. There doesn't seem to be anything around.
Bert, Zilch, Valen are at the airlock.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [53] = 0
JiC 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [26] = 26

Stuff
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged
Energy form: RAF roundel

Skill Stuff
Computer operations (72%) 1d100<72: [61*] = 1 - turn on the ship's systems

The new ship is serene. Sure there are signs of violence, but MOD has seen worse. This is nothing like the Roid. That place was run over by a mad scientist and his inbred zombie cult family that celebrated le mort in all its forms, petit and grand. This place looks like it was emptied by a professional death squad that did some light cleaning before they spaced out. Not bad. All the open air locks are strange to M, but since ey doesn't have to breathe ey doesn't mind that detail too much.

Ey runs eir hand along a console on the bridge and appreciates the isolation. Ey looks over the console scans it for any sign of activity, the residual energy signature of a computer that keeps one or two programs on while in sleep mode. If ey sees even a little bit of light, ey will then go about working working the console to close all of the airlocks and maybe even get life support running again. Otherwise, ey will look for the manual controls to closing any hatches aside from the airlock.

Once that is done, ey will go back to the airlock and look over to the Kibiko. If the ship is on now, ey will open enter the airlock and look out to the Kibiko. (If the ship is still dormant, ey won't need to do all the work of opening and closing the lock, obvs.) This is less of an apparent death trip than our current vehicle. May as well invite the others over. Ey slips out of eir physical shell and then projects out a green light. It is two lines of text in glowing rectangle and reads:
SAFE TO BOARD
WELCOME TO MY NEW SHIP


As the Kibiko pulls in closer, MOD feels a sense of growth. I'm getting better at this captain thing. We've just taken our second ship. That means I now own like 0.75 ships!

* I wasn't sure from the description if there was just one airlock to board the ship from or if there were several and the ship was being completely aired out. If there's only one airlock, and M can't turn on life support, ey will leave the airlock open.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d100: [52] = 52
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [23] = 23 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

MOD wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:35 am Ey slips out of eir physical shell and then projects out a green light. It is two lines of text in glowing rectangle and reads:
SAFE TO BOARD
WELCOME TO MY NEW SHIP
Zilch salivates unspeakable slobber in anticipation of a feast. In his never ending search for sustenance a new ship always held delicious rewards. Oh goody! I was hoping for red though, a fight is good for the digestion.

"Time for boarding and bon appetit!" he chortles gleefully.

When the Kibiko airlock is opened and the game is afoot, the monster propels itself with its own dark energies and rockets towards the abandoned derelict. Soon he is inside, where he creeps through the darkened hallways, using his innate power to sense life.

As he ventures further into MOD's new ship, Zilch looks for the frozen remains of delicious deceased spacemen. Could any be scattered throughout the rooms and corridors? Being a creature of insatiable hunger, he hopes to happily indulge in a few frozen snacks along the way.

In the mess hall, Zilch helps himself to the frozen remains of various meals. However, there is a problem! Bleeeah! so bland tasting! If only I had some salt to add some flavour to this impromptu meal! Perhaps there is a pantry on this space hulk? I should look for it.

Still undeterred by the lack of seasoning, Zilch continues his search for food. Ahem, I mean survivors. Yes, that is it! With each step, his anticipation grows.

If danger detected:
Should the monster detect a threat, he will signal to stop as Bert instructed him and point. Then, proceed to kill and devour the threat.

If life detected:
Should his senses tingle and he detect any traces of life force emanating from within the ship, he alerts the others. This presents a problem, as the vacuum of space does not permit speech. Instead, he rubs his belly and then points in the direction of the life source. Then he leads the way.

If this leads to a closed and sealed doorway, the monster does not open it. If I pop this door, all the air will rush out and spoil the wriggling live food inside! I should check if it can move. He knocks on the sealed portal with a heavy fist, then presses his ears against it. Though he can hear no sound, he may be able to feel vibrations from an answering knock beyond.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [16] = 16 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [13] = 13
Zilch wrote:"Never before have I attempted to work the gizmos on a ship. If you show me I will learn. In the meantime, if you need someone to tear through a ship hull and devour all the screaming crewmen inside I have a goodly amount of experience in that. The same goes with villages, towns and the occasional chocolate factory. Excellent fun!"
The Atlantean digs at her food for a bit as Zilch speaks with others, a half-eaten morsel still in her mouth as she responds, "Ah, fuck it. Why not? Not much else to do between missions. I'm no teacher, though, so don't go eating any manuals." She narrows her eyes at the monster, jabbing whatever utensil she has at him and the tech book. I get less bored, and can have an excuse not to deal with boring shit like sensors when I'm done.
MOD wrote:"I got sensors," M replies, "but if you want to help and space people, you can start by... going and eating over there. Yeah, thanks Vinny."
"You got it," Phara replies, noticing but not caring about the ethereal's disdain for her foodening. She flicks a leg over the other, spins in her seat, and finishes eating in such a way that MOD can only slightly see what's going on before ey takes off into the other ship. Phara promptly leaves the empty food container on MOD's seat, less out of spite and more out of immediate convenience.

Mobile Ocular Device wrote:SAFE TO BOARD
WELCOME TO MY NEW SHIP
The Atlantean laughs. "That easy? Shit, I was thinking we'd have to go through swarms of mecha-bugs and psychic fish to get this one!" She immediately gets up from her station, turning to Ashrak. "Think you can dock this dumpster to the other one's airlock?" Without waiting for an answer, she grabs her helmet and moves to leave the cockpit. "Great, see you on the other ship!" Her final act before heading out is to give Bert a one-fingered salute.

She makes her way to the airlock, waiting impatiently for Ashrak to bring them close enough before rolling her eyes. This is taking too long. Fuck him. Hope he's better at moving this new tub around than the Kibiko, she thinks to herself as she cycles what's left of the airlock and jumps out, grabbing hold of the outer edge of the ship and flipping to kick off of it and towards the derelict.

Zero-G Combat and Movement: 1d100: [40] = 40 / 112% - Make it to the other ship without getting lost in space.

Once she reaches the other ship, she slips into the airlock MOD leaves open and rolls her shoulders, Volcano Rifle at the ready. She begins casually strolling the ship much like Zilch, clearing rooms with her rifle as she makes her way to the pilot's area.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [76] = 76
Conditions: None.
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Pilot: Jet Pack 1d100: [19] = 19 /66% (Make it to the derelict ship.)

With MOD's green light of boarding. Bert watches Zilch's mouth move, but due to the vacuum he hears nothing. "Here we go." Bert radios, before giving Zilch the hand gesture to go, and opening the airlock out. Bert takes a jump out into the void, heading towards the ship ahead, making small corrections with his jet pack. Once Bert's boots hit the decking, Bert pulls out his Grenade Launcher and makes his way in. I wonder how much of the ship is vented? Bert thinks as he looks for the controls to the bay door. Maybe we can close her up. While Bert is prepared for a fight, he's really more interested in seeing if the ship is space worthy, so whether or not he finds the bay door controls, he makes his way to the stern of the ship to find it's engineering section if it has one. "Heading to Engineering, gonna see if she can still fly."
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried over))
Phara Vin wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:28 am She makes her way to the airlock, waiting impatiently for Ashrak to bring them close enough before rolling her eyes. This is taking too long. Fuck him. Hope he's better at moving this new tub around than the Kibiko, she thinks to herself as she cycles what's left of the airlock and jumps out, grabbing hold of the outer edge of the ship and flipping to kick off of it and towards the derelict.
Whilst crossing the void between ships, Zilch watches the Atlantean's slow egress. Without knowing Phara's thoughts, he has similar ones. You are taking too long. Can't you hear my belly rumbling?! Oh we're in the void, of course you can't hear it. But I can hear it! I haven't eaten in ten minutes! By the time to reach the other side I'll starve!

He decides to offer some help to his new partner in crime. Using his energy flight, he zips nimbly and fast around Phara a few times to demonstrate his speed. Then he stops before her, and offers a shaggy hand. His eyes look hungry for possible violence and action, and he feels his violent new friend will know well that look. Come on now! His googly monster eyes implore. He gestures with his hands, effectively saying, grab on and let's go kill and devour some folk!

If she accepts, he holds her firmly and they accelerate away at a proper speed. Much better!

Phara Vin wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:28 am Once she reaches the other ship, she slips into the airlock MOD leaves open and rolls her shoulders, Volcano Rifle at the ready. She begins casually strolling the ship much like Zilch, clearing rooms with her rifle as she makes her way to the pilot's area.
Zilch pairs with Phara in their sweep of the ship. Any life detection he senses, he gestures to her and others present as per the previous post.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [40] = 40
PER: 1d100: [56] = 56 vs. 41%

Computer operation: 1d100: [83] = 83 vs. 73%
Playing with any consoles he finds.

Once MOD signals the all-clear, White is up in a flash to join the boarding crew down at the airlock. Cursing when he realizes he’s yet again failed to recharge his blaster, White readies his vibro-blade and his force field as they come in close. If the opportunity presents itself for idle conversation, White will practically rub his hands with glee and say ”Oooo, fresh loot is so exciting isn’t it? Maybe this’ll make up for the bust back on Home.” Our luck has to change sooner or later, right?

When White gets over there, he will join Zilch and Phara in a systematic search of the ship to look for danger- mainly by relying on his sixth sense (although if he finds anything alive and noteworthy he won’t be shy about telepathically probing it). The good doctor will however lose interest if they come across an actual medical facility or (better yet) a scientific lab. In either case he will immediately sheathe his sword and wander off to play with the consoles and see what’s what. If they find some sort of sizeable mainframe that might have access to ship’s logs, he’ll try and access that too.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83 /39% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [59] = 59

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Mask I.S.P. [30min]| Mind Block [30 Min] | Forcefield: 110/110

Skills:
Spacecraft, Small: 1d100: [75] = 75 /79% [P-P-P-Pilot]
Computer Operation: 1d100: [45] = 45 /70% [Engage Auto-Pilot]
Radio, Basic: 1d100: [63] = 63 /70% [Use Ships Radio System]
Appraise Goods: 1d100: [29] = 29 /55% [Visual inspection of the exterior of the floating ship to guestimate its value]

Post:

Ashrak rests atop his coiled tail, tentacles woven around the controls of the Kibiko as the alien sways and hums to itself as everyone hustles and bustles about. As the phantom departs for the ship, Ashrak watches with a glint in his eye. The Rithe's eyes tracing the exterior of the ship and gauging its worth. Then another leaves, and another. Ashrak giggles. Hehehe! This would be a perfect vessel to lace. Explosives placed there, and there. Throw it at another ship... watch the explosion. Ashrak thinks to himself, pulling up a display of the Kibiko from the helm. He looks to Dr White but doesn't say anything as the Phantom bellows and informs everyone in a galactic radi of it being clear. As the Good Doctor departs, Ashrak giggles again. Telshak would have killed no less than three of them by now. I am a disgrace to my own family. Hehehehe... Oh well. These entertain me, hehehe.
MOD wrote:SAFE TO BOARD
WELCOME TO MY NEW SHIP
Ashrak runs one of his tentacles over the radio control. "Yess, New Ship. It's so pretty. This one would be perfect to rig with explosives. Imagine, a ship-sized bomb! " Ashrak practically giggles the last bit of the message as he moves the Kibiko in closer to hopefully dock with an airlock and then putting the Kibiko on Auto-Pilot to join the others. All the while thinking about different ways he could rig the Kibiko with explosives.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

MOD:

Image

The bridge was a spacious area that seemed remarkably clean. What looked like to be frozen cake and frosting seemed to have soiled the Captain's seat, but otherwise the area felt literally and figuratively deserted.

MOD eventually located the airlock controls on the engineering console. However, while in energy form, ey wasn't able interact with the tactile interfaces provided on the engineer console. Changing back to physical form, Ey was able to locate all the interface to open and close the airlocks from the bridge, as well as turn on life support and locates a panel on the engineering dashboard, where ey was able to discern the state of all the ship's external doors and their respective health.

Dr. White, The Machine, Rend:
Rend located the airlock and docking bay area controls. The inner airlock door safety mechanism had been overridden. This airlock control had been modified such that both outer and inner airlock doors could be opened at the same time. By the airlock controls were the controls for the docking ramp. The manual control was intuitive, with diagrams showing how to extend the airlock ramp and to adjust the ramp's opening position in three dimensions by as much as 10 degrees each way. As he operated the mechanism, he signaled to the crew over his radio:
"Folks I'm shutting the outer airlock door manually.

"Ashrak, whenever you are ready to dock with this new bird, we are good to go."

Signalling to others, Rend says:
"I'll stay here to operate the docking bay to make sure everything goes well. You guys go ahead.

Bert located the engineering section on the same level as the bridge, towards the back of the walkable area. As he explored the area, he became increasingly perplexed. There were rows and racks of PPE batteries. A lot of them are hooked into the boat's point defense weaponry. A whole row is dedicated to a device called the 'Metatron'. The device seemed to be a large mystical amplifier, with much of the wiring and conduits headed towards the direction of bridge. How the whole facility functions however would require more inspection. Other parts of the boat seem to be powered by conventional nuclear fusion, i.e. things such as life support, but those subsystems were self contained. There were also PPE batteries specifically labelled as 'Pockets', although no manual or notes seem to describe what entirely is entailed there. There were also control screens that turn on and turn off these 'Pocket' devices, although there was no description as to what they were, although they were labelled on numerically and geographically with respect to the room and the level said room was located.

There are multiple tanks of pressurized fluid, in metal tanks where the control valves are remotely controlled by the bridge (they are labelled) with backup fail safes inside of engineering. There are pilot controls for impulse engines, they seem to be part of an impulse system that was originally built into the ship, but the nuclear cores are not very big and are meant for temporary propulsion only.

There is no warp core. There are no FTL controls anywhere. There are control surfaces for all the doors, pressurized or not, as well as airlocks within the system. There is a medium sized workshop area in the engineering room and around it are displays that cycle through cameras stationed at all parts of the ship.

As Dr. White traverses through the ship, one of the first things he noticed was that some rooms internal dimensions do not match their outside walls. His senses tell him that he is around dimensional pockets as soon as he activates certain doors, but once they are closed, the dimensional pocket is deactivated. As he swept through the barracks of the crew, he noticed that there were always bunks. There were closets that housed uniforms for the crew, They varies in size, number of limbs, seemingly custom made for the individual wearer, except that there was always three sets of clothes for the same individual. Most rooms did not have personal effects, laptops, notebooks of any sort. Only the larger rooms had desks, and only those rooms could be opened from the inside.

There are no visible large computing or lab facilities. However, there were three sets of locked doors that Dr. White on the main level that he came across. These doors were locked with locks that were made with awkward looking keyholes and some kind of biometric scan.

Zilch and Vinny:
Arriving at the airlock, you turn a corner and see a sealed hatch door that is shut and staircase that goes upwards. Then you hear over the radio that Rend and co have arrived on the boat as well. As the outer airlock door shuts, the vibrations reverberate throughout the hull.

The lower floor hatch opened easily with manual controls on the side. However, on quick inspection, you realize that there is no equivalent control to open the same door from the other side.

There were numerous small areas of storage, by and large equipment for boarding parties. Space suits of various builds hang eerily, most of them well used but have been competently repaired over time. There was what seems to be a room full of 'interesting' devices, all from a glance look like they were at least medical in nature, but the scratches around the door frame as well as the floor did not seem to suggest that most of the patients came to treatment willingly. There is a sparsely equipped arsenal, much of the munitions seem to be depleted. There were however more than a few sets of equipment that seemed designed for live capture, including munitions that could be used to ensnare or demobilize victims of various sizes. There was also a large rifle that is labelled EMP as well as a box of equipment that was labelled 'Phantom related'.

Last but not least, there was a series of holding cells that looked like a brig, where to the trained eye there were both physical barriers and containment fields that would be used to prohibit escape.

Image

Ashrak on the Kibiko:

Ashrak recieved the radio messages from Rend properly. There did not seem to be any notable signatures on sensors. Ashrak would be free to dock with the new ship, should he so choose.
What are your intentions?
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [18] = 18
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [23] = 23 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.


"Hrmm"

Zilch pauses, his nostrils flaring. Could smell the faint scent of metal and oil? The frozen blood of the previous occupants? Chocolate chip cookies? Any of those would be fine!

He licks his lips in anticipation as he explores the vessel. As a side-affect he may become reasonably familiar with the ship's layout. Soon enough the unusual design of the vessel is enough to ease the monster into thinking about more than just how own stomach. His eyes grow wider with wonder as he finds more interesting things.

"I wonder... could a lost vessel like this might be filled with treasures? Preferably delicious ones. But treasures all the same." Until an atmosphere is restored, no one hears Zilch's musings.

If I find a shiny diamond worth a gazillion credits, would I, A, tell the others? Or B, pocket it? Or C, eat it? He considers it. Well I've no pockets, so either A or C I suppose. Probably C. He smirks.

He moves through the vessel slowly and quietly, his senses on high alert. He keeps his Life Sense ability looking for anything alive on ship ship apart from his fellow space pirates. Passing through empty corridors and chambers, he looks for something that might pass for equipment.

"As amusing as it is to tear nummy folk apart with my bare hands, if someone finds something useful like a sword or a fork let me know. I've always wanted to try utensils!"
Last edited by Zilch on Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [47] = 47 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [15] = 15

As Phara sweeps the ship with Zilch, she can't help but glance at him every now and then as he mumbles noiselessly to himself. Great. A void-talker. As if the people-eating-monster part wasn't fucked enough. Her own experience with the ship is likely different from most of the others. Coming from the UWW, where magic is regularly weaved into the spacecraft, after the first dimensional pocket she simply chuffs and ignores the spatial oddities, and doesn't even blink at the PPE batteries, the sight so natural and familiar to her they hardly register.

What does catch her interest, however, is the EMP rifle. She yoinks it immediately for herself, looking it over and checking the ammunition for this thing. Bit non-lethal for my tastes... but hey, would be fun to use on prisoners, if we get any. As she thinks it over, the idea of her enemies writhing on the floor in electrical agony causes a grin to spread across her lips - until she remembers EMP doesn't necessarily mean taser. Immediately more disappointed, she tosses it towards Zilch, should he be nearby. She doesn't bother to explain herself. Regardless of atmosphere, the Atlantean wasn't going to say much as she throws the monster his prize.

Once she's cleared a good section of the ship, she clicks onto the group's radio. "Boss and other fuckers. Place seems pretty deserted. Weird as shit though, they've got anti-Phantom gear. No idea what a phantom is besides kid's stories about ghosts, but it sounds non-corporeal enough to be your type of shit, MOD." She pauses, then says, "Found the medical room too, in case Doc's interested in poking around and seeing if there's any dissection or vivisection or whatever-section tools he wants to creep out over. I'm done sweeping, coming up to the bridge. This thing had better have good weapons."
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [96] = 96
PER: 1d100: [43] = 43 vs. 50%

”The inside’s bigger than the outside! Or vice versa- I’m not sure yet! Ooooooo, this is so exciting!!!” White is like a kid in a candy store as he tries to figure out the puzzle- all the moreso as the vessel apparently has some sort of built-in dimensional pocket capability. After gibbering to himself for several minutes, heedless of the others and taking all kinds of crazy measurements, White decides to conduct some experiments to see if he can figure out how to access the dimensional pockets- starting with the closest door he can find that triggers an effect, he will concentrate and try to locate the anomaly while it’s open. Unless he can report a triumphant finding, White will eventually check in and sound a bit dejected while doing so. ”White here. This vessel is having some unusual interactions with higher-dimensional space- dimensional pockets, unless I miss my guess. From what I can tell there seems to be some correlation with operating certain doors on board but I am still investigating the specifics. Oooo! There’s also a locked door. More on that later! Science Officer out!” Fully relishing his role, White examines the lock. Probably best not to try to open it the old-fashioned way. Who knows what kind of security it had- can’t melt down any of the goodies until I get a peek. White ponders a bit then reaches out with his mind to try and telemechanically operate the lock and command it to unlock ((-12 ISP)). If he is unsuccessful White will pout a bit then D-shift Ghost ((-50 ISP, not deducted)) but either way he will get a look inside. Once there he will report the contents to the others (unless there’s anything of particular “scientific interest”, in which case White will keep the item and information about its existence to himself).
Phara Vin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:13 pm"Found the medical room too, in case Doc's interested in poking around and seeing if there's any dissection or vivisection or whatever-section tools he wants to creep out over. I'm done sweeping, coming up to the bridge. This thing had better have good weapons."
"Ooooo, goodie! Be there in a jiffy!" If White can sort through the dimensional pockets and/or door contents, medical will be his next stop.
Last edited by Dr. White on Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [4] = 4
Conditions: None.
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Techno-Wizardry Construction 1d100: [57] = 57 /89% Success (What is Bert looking at?)
Techno-Wizardry Construction 1d100: [36] = 36 /89% Success (What the Metatron?)
Techno-Wizardry Construction 1d100: [72] = 72 /89% Success (What is "Pockets")
Techno-Wizardry Construction 1d100: [35] = 35 /89% Success (What is the Point Defense System?)
Mechanical Engineer 1d100: [42] = 42 /68% Success (What is Bert looking at?)
Spaceship Mechanics 1d100: [84] = 84 /55% Success (What is Bert looking at?)
Spaceship Mechanics 1d100: [7] = 7 /55% Success (Can Bert get the power going?)
Electrical Engineer 1d100: [38] = 38 /68% Success (What is Bert looking at?)
Weapons Engineer 1d100: [51] = 51 /58% Success (What is Bert looking at?)
Drive Repair 1d100: [86] = 86 /63% Fail (What is Bert looking at?)
Lore: Magic: General Knowledge: 1d100: [98] = 98 /33% Fail (What is Bert looking at?)
Computer Operation 1d100: [39] = 39 /68% Success (Can Bert access ship controls?)
Computer Operation 1d100: [46] = 46 /68% Success (Figure out the Engine situation.)
Computer Repair 1d100: [20] = 20 /58% Success (What is Bert looking at?)
Computer Hacking 1d100: [99] = 99 /28% Fail (Can Bert access ship controls?)
Pilot: Spacecraft General 1d100: [14] = 14 /74% Success (Figure out the Engine situation.)

Nurse Ratchet wrote:Bert located the engineering section on the same level as the bridge, towards the back of the walkable area. As he explored the area, he became increasingly perplexed. There were rows and racks of PPE batteries. A lot of them are hooked into the boat's point defense weaponry. A whole row is dedicated to a device called the 'Metatron'. The device seemed to be a large mystical amplifier, with much of the wiring and conduits headed towards the direction of bridge. How the whole facility functions however would require more inspection. Other parts of the boat seem to be powered by conventional nuclear fusion, i.e. things such as life support, but those subsystems were self contained. There were also PPE batteries specifically labelled as 'Pockets', although no manual or notes seem to describe what entirely is entailed there. There were also control screens that turn on and turn off these 'Pocket' devices, although there was no description as to what they were, although they were labelled on numerically and geographically with respect to the room and the level said room was located.

There are multiple tanks of pressurized fluid, in metal tanks where the control valves are remotely controlled by the bridge (they are labelled) with backup fail safes inside of engineering. There are pilot controls for impulse engines, they seem to be part of an impulse system that was originally built into the ship, but the nuclear cores are not very big and are meant for temporary propulsion only.

There is no warp core. There are no FTL controls anywhere. There are control surfaces for all the doors, pressurized or not, as well as airlocks within the system. There is a medium sized workshop area in the engineering room and around it are displays that cycle through cameras stationed at all parts of the ship.
Definitely not a UWW vessel. All of it seems custom. Bert thinks as he looks at the various components. What the hell have we found?" Bert thinks as he tentatively pokes through the systems, trying to be careful not to activate anything just yet. What kind of opsys is this ship running? Bert thinks as he peruses file structures. "Good news, bad news... Good news, it likely can be powered back up to run. Bad news, might take me a little bit to figure it all out, as it's seventy to eighty percent magical subsystems." Bert radios to the team.

Alright one step at a time. Let's figure out propulsion first. If we can get it back to the Rock, I can take time to dig around more safely. Bert thinks as he focuses on that task.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 /42% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [40] = 40

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Electrokinesis [Sense Electricity: 2min]| Forcefield: 110/110

Skills:
Sense Electricity: 1d100: [71] = 71 /75% [Pinpoint alien sources, not allied -- A failed roll means only 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 % of devices are detectable | Range: 65ft radius, Ashrak will walk the course of the ship]

Post:

Ashrak hums to himself, alone on the Kibiko, a little too happily. "Telshak would not approve of what I'm doing, no no. She would be much more aggressive but that's relatively common. Father was more of a party boy in his youth, exploring new species before enslaving them. Mother was the warlord he worked for. Oof. She still scares me." Ashrak recalls fond memories of his parents with a wince as the Kibiko finally docks. "Ahhhh, excellent. It can still dock." Ashrak coos before floating over to the new ship through the airlock.
White wrote:”White here. This vessel is having some unusual interactions with higher-dimensional space- dimensional pockets, unless I miss my guess. From what I can tell there seems to be some correlation with operating certain doors on board but I am still investigating the specifics. Oooo! There’s also a locked door. More on that later! Science Officer out!”
Phara wrote:Boss and other fuckers. Place seems pretty deserted. Weird as shit though, they've got anti-Phantom gear. No idea what a phantom is besides kid's stories about ghosts, but it sounds non-corporeal enough to be your type of shit, MOD." She pauses, then says, "Found the medical room too, in case Doc's interested in poking around and seeing if there's any dissection or vivisection or whatever-section tools he wants to creep out over. I'm done sweeping, coming up to the bridge. This thing had better have good weapons."


Bert wrote:Good news, bad news... Good news, it likely can be powered back up to run. Bad news, might take me a little bit to figure it all out, as it's seventy to eighty percent magical subsystems."
Ashrak listens to the reports with giddy anticipation. "Oooh, I do love a good mystery. Let's see about turning it on, hehehehe." Ashrak giggles over the radio as he makes his way through the airlock. From the darkness of the airlock, anyone who's near it when Ashrak finally comes aboard the new ship sees a series of six tentacles hit almost all sides of the doorway as a long blade suddenly pokes out through the center and wiggles before Ashrak's alien head looks around. "Helllloooooooooooooo!" Ashrak calls out.

Once Ashrak is aboard the new ship, he activates his Electrokinesis to see if he can sense any source of power on the ship. Ashrak will do his best to ignore the sources from his newfound friends.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [4*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [70] = 70

Stuff
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged

Skill Stuff
Appraise goods (62%) 1d100<62: [76] = 0 - What's in the box? WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!?!
Lore: Galactic (62%) 1d100<62: [11*] = 1 - Identify the 'phantom related' equipment

With life support systems operational and the other Reavers boarding the new ship, MOD takes a casual stroll around its corridors. M uses eir phantom vision to study the consoles and read for any subtle electronic messages it might be transmitting. Ey then makes eir way to the lower decks to meet up with the boarding team. As ey passes by the brig, ey spots the containment fields with some concern. Could those things pen me in? M smiles and continues walk. Nah.
Vinny wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:13 pm"Boss and other fuckers. Place seems pretty deserted. Weird as shit though, they've got anti-Phantom gear. No idea what a phantom is besides kid's stories about ghosts, but it sounds non-corporeal enough to be your type of shit, MOD."
"Energy beings," MOD replies as ey looks down at the crate labeled 'Phantom related'. It reminds M of eir time as a Naruni lab rat. "This stuff is for dealing with energy beings: containment fields, ionic pulses, light interfaces, spectral readers, and the such. I've got some experience with this kind of junk." And none of it good. "Let me go just take it to my lab."

Ey starts to look at the contents inside the box while walking back to the Kibiko. If there is anything that M might find useful - like light interfaces so ey can operate ship systems while in energy form or scanners - M will take the box back to eir storage unit in the carbo bay of the Kibiko for further study. More likely the box will have more things that have to do with phantom containment and harm. In that case, it will need to be disposed of. Well, mostly. If there is at least one portable containment field, M will discretely tuck that in a corner of of the storage unit. Any other containment field will be destroyed. As will any weapons designed to attack energy beings.

Option one, M will walk the box (save the useful bits) to Zilch and say, "Hey Big Blue, you seem to enjoy eating, neh? It's fascinating. You put stuff in your gullet, and... do you chew it? Swallow it whole? Suck the tasty bits out first? How does that even work? And then like, you seem to take on mass, but it's not proportional to what you eat. Tell me your secrets." Then ey will hold up the 'Phantom related' box to Zilch and ask, "Actually, can I watch you eat something? I feel I'll learn more about bodily functions. Try chewing on these. Tell me how they taste."

Option two, M will walk to the faulty airlock of Kibiko, and empty the contents of the box into space. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

After that, with everyone on the moth, MOD will shout "CREW MEETING!"

With everyone assembled, M will listen to Bert and the Doctor's appraisal of the facilities of the new ship. "Right then, looks like we got some work do to on this ship. Bert, I want you to fire up the engines and see what run a diagnostic, see what this thing is capable of doing. We prolly won't want it attached to the Kibiko when we do this, so we'll have to split the crew up. Bert, you're in charge of this ship for the time being. I'll pilot the Kibiko. Doc, you've got some work to do here, so why don't you lock yourself in that new lab of yours. Valen, why don't you stay here as well, in case the Doc needs a live test subject. Ash, I'll need a co-pilot for the Kibiko. And Vinny, you'll be Ash's armed escort on the Kibiko. (Shoot him if you think he's doing anything suss.) Zilch, why don't you stay here as well."
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((rolls carried over))

Zilch, a very old monster and newly minted space pirate, is having a great day exploring the new lair. When suddenly....
MOD wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:57 pm Option one, M will walk the box (save the useful bits) to Zilch and say, "Hey Big Blue, you seem to enjoy eating, neh? It's fascinating. You put stuff in your gullet, and... do you chew it? Swallow it whole? Suck the tasty bits out first? How does that even work? And then like, you seem to take on mass, but it's not proportional to what you eat. Tell me your secrets." Then ey will hold up the 'Phantom related' box to Zilch and ask, "Actually, can I watch you eat something? I feel I'll learn more about bodily functions. Try chewing on these. Tell me how they taste."
Well isn't he a delight! I wonder what this energy thing's physical form tastes like anyway?

Zilch sniffs MOD's suggested meal curiously. Alas it doesn't smell sugary.

"Are they sugary and sweet? Radioactive? Poisonous? Explosive?" Zilch asks hopefully. "All of the above?" Oh I hope so!

He opens the box and takes out a random thing. Zilch grins evilly, eyes alight with anticipation. "I do love eating dangerous things," he says. There's already a little drool coming out the corner of his mouth as he examines the contents of the box.

He proceeds to take out whatever strange devices might be within.

"Sometimes you swallow it whole, like this!" He takes that one piece and indeed swallows it whole. "Ohm nom nom nom nom!"

"Sometimes you tear it into shreds!" This piece shatters messily, and pieces of device are showered all over MOD and Zilch ravenously destroys it. About half of it actually makes it down Zilch's throat. "This is most fun when the food is raw and wriggling, and trying to get away!"

"And other times," Zilch grins, holding more box material in his hands for the third course, "You play with your food!"

He presses some buttons at random, hoping to see blinking lights, buzzing sounds, or something interesting. "I wonder what this does anyway?"

If nothing interesting happens, Zilch swallows it whole and yawns luxuriously.

If something interesting does happen, to Zilch or MOD, he grins. "OH look at that!"

"Hey did you want some?" Zilch asks, offering MOD a piece of whatever the hell is in the box. Whether MOD accepts or not, soon enough the contents of the box are devoured.

Afterwards Zilch's eyes feel heavy. "Maybe I ought to take a nap. I wonder which room ought to be mine?"
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]
"CREW MEETING!".... "Right then, looks like we got some work do to on this ship. Bert, I want you to fire up the engines and see what run a diagnostic, see what this thing is capable of doing. We prolly won't want it attached to the Kibiko when we do this, so we'll have to split the crew up. Bert, you're in charge of this ship for the time being. I'll pilot the Kibiko. Doc, you've got some work to do here, so why don't you lock yourself in that new lab of yours. Valen, why don't you stay here as well, in case the Doc needs a live test subject. Ash, I'll need a co-pilot for the Kibiko. And Vinny, you'll be Ash's armed escort on the Kibiko. (Shoot him if you think he's doing anything suss.) Zilch, why don't you stay here as well."
Ashrak floats towards the floating ball of light (or whatever eir current form is) and sways, listening. Either set of his three tentacle arms seem to be twirled around each other and his long tail-blade randomly flicking towards any given direction (very cat-like) as he listens. This is most peculiar, this phantom. Very different than the ones Father has met and bound. It likes the spotlight, likes giving orders and being listened too. Hehe, well, that's not hard to faciliate. I don't like father's methods anyways, far too... blunt. Mother is by far the artist, Telshak takes after her as well. Ashrak thinks to himself, a contorted smile growing on his face as Mod talks. More disturbing memories starting to float in his mind of a home life that would leave any civilized individual unable to sleep.

"Co-Pilot, what fun! Give me a day and I'll have had my tentacles on every station on your Kibiko, two days for the other ship, he he he." Ashrak says, floating closer to Vinney. "And I do so love having company while I work, he he he, you'll find I'm quite good at multi-tasking so we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other!" Askrah grins towards Vinney then MOD, untwirling one of his trio of tentacles to show all three reach on completely different directions before retwirling together with a smile and floating towards MOD in something of a purr. "I can't wait to sit beside you in the cockpit, he he he." Ashrak adds, his giggle increasing in octaves.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

(OOC: Please halt all posts. Let me work on this. I have a lot to type)

Dr. White:

Of the three sets of locked rooms, his scans indicated that the biometrics served as a dead bolt while the little keyhole turned the main lock. DShifting inside past these doors were not an issue. Once the deadbolt was disengaged, Mr. White could let himself out of the rooms without issue.

Behind Door I:
A huge computer system with multiple monitors occupies the back wall of the room, along with a holographic display, a few 3d printers that printed plastic as well as organic material. There was also what remained of a surgical robot, however it looked like it was heavily damaged.

The computer screen is on. Touching the input interfaces shows that the computer's security locks had not been engaged. Further inspection would denote that said computer was not administrated with a great deal of care in regard to operational security. White would be free to traverse the file system, pulling up whatever notes he can find as the previous owner was still logged in, with an administrative window open where one could change the passwords to one's liking.

There is a huge amount of wiring leading to and fro this workstation. Telemechanics of the computer itself would be revealing.

Behind Door 2:
There is a huge tank of silvery grey goo towards the back of the room. Next to the tank is an engraving of a poem by the previous owner, about his conquest over the very concept of loss. (OOC: I'm not gonna type that one out.) Next to it are shelves of sophisticated electronic modules that look vaguely like robotic brains. Along the wall is a large tank of green fluid, big enough to house the largest of humanoids. Next to it is an operation table, with a functional surgical robot that is armed with a cranial bone saw, various surgical lasers along with instruments for applying analgesics.

Behind Door 3:
There are approximately 40 or so brains floating in tanks. There are a huge number of electrodoes connecting to each of these brains, which hook into tiny patch panel at the bottom of the tank. Each tank has its own miniscle power convertor along with what looks like a nutrient feed, keeping these brains alive.

There is a panel that allows selection of these brains and there is a docking bay for the aforementioned electronic modules.

Once MOD calls the meeting, the good doctor headed back towards the bridge area to meet with rest of the crew.

The Machine:

Bert recoiled in both awe and horror in what he had discovered.
The Metatron was a power multiplier. Typically the user of the device would sit in the captain's chair on the bridge. Once the Metatron was active, the ship would transform and open up its wing and exposed cannon shaped object located at its underbelly. From the vantage point of the Captain's chair, the spell user can cast an offensive spell through the multiplier using far less mystic reserves than he would normally require. The Metatron device itself is powered by a large subset of the PPE batteries in the engineering section. In theory, a shifter could sit on the Captain's chair and create a rift an accurately arrive at a destination without draining their mystical reserves. That is pretty amazing. However, the reserve PPE batteries are drawing power from the ship itself, via mystical power lines to electrode like objects that go rather deep into the body of the ship. Overlaying a map of access and maintenance tunnels over the ship, Bert noticed that beyond accessing the electrodes for maintenance, he could not traverse any deeper into the body of the vehicle.

The Pockets system seems to activate dimensional pockets in certain rooms. Within the rooms earmarked as a 'pocket' (typically a smaller one), there is a TW portal system that occupies much of the room and projects a portal at the mouth of the doorway, transporting anyone who enters the doorway into a small dimension. From engineering, one can turn on or off any one of these pockets and maintain the TW machinery once the portal gateway has been turned off.

The Point Defense system is a series of 8 smaller point defense systems. By default each of these point defense systems is a small point defense laser cannon, but they can also be programmed to deploy spells. Each TW cannon can have a total of 8 spells programmed, and the gunner is free to select any one of the spells in combat. Switching between the payloads takes a melee action. As of current the cannons have no spells programmed. There is also a TW forcefield that can be deployed per side independently.

Bert slowly realized that he was part of a smaller craft that had been bolted on to a bigger one. In fact, the bigger object wore the smaller craft life a vest, while construction dug into the body of the larger craft as anchors. Later on, control interfaces were extended from the smaller craft to the larger one. Also, the pressurized fluid tanks seemed to have conduits going deep inside the body of the larger craft, but there are no real return conduits coming back.

It is also noted that the magical energy store seems to draw from deep within the ship to act as a temporary battery for the ship's tw and otherwise mystical facilities. The additional buffer seemed to designed to ensure stability of the PPE supply. There is a set of controls to draw PPE from the core of the ship into the batteries, with safe guards built in so as not to draw too much, too quickly.

Upon additional inspection, Bert eventually discovered that manual sublight control of the vehicle could be accessed, but in doing so, he must first trigger the pressurized tanks to inject at least a unit of fluid into the body of the bigger ship. There was a safeguard toggle that he neglected to check off due to unfamiliarity of the system.

Suddenly, life support came online and the lights on the ship turned on. MOD has turned back on basic systems. Bert cycles through the menu system once more and a thought occurred to him. Under much of the metal and rivets of the external surfaces, it seemed like much of the ship's functionality and locomotion was dependent on the large object that the ship encompassed. Bert discovered another instrument panel monitoring the health of this object, including temperature, heart rate, brain wave activity, magical energy store. Bert realizes that locomotion of the ship is provided by something living, and that it would be fed whatever was in the tanks before it would cede manual impulse control to his control panel.

Once MOD calls the meeting, Bert headed back towards the bridge area to meet with the rest of the crew.

Zilch and Vinny:

By the time Zilch and Vinny have searched through much of the ship, they have determined the following:
1) There were no lifeforms except the crew of Kibiko. Everything else seemed to have left or were dragged out in a hurry.
2) On the second level, there was a pathway to the opened airlock where there were multiple doorways were left unobstructed. Anything that was not nailed down was flushed out from the change of air pressure.
3) There is a medium-sized galley with enough seating for about 40 people. There is enough sleeping area to house 25-30 people comfortably, with some of the areas converted to bunks to pack in more workers. There are tools, hunting and live capture equipment, along with non-lethal weaponry lying about. It can be inferred that the proprietor of the ship seemed very confident that the crew was able to repel attackers on their own, because there was the armory was not stocked with lethal weaponry and protective fighting gear. Much of the protective equipment were run-of-the-mill spacer suits of various sizes.
4) There was a very well stocked pantry and a well-equipped commercial kitchen. One could truly make just about anything in there. In the corner of the kitchen, there was a special device that looked like a food replicator, with only one red button that was labelled 'FLAN'. There was a drawer next to it with ornate spoons and small plates near said replicator.

Once MOD calls the meeting, the duo head back towards the bridge area to meet with the new captain. Zilch happily imbebbed everything within the box marked 'Phantom related' that MOD gave him.

Ashrak:
Ashrak senses a large power well towards engineering as that is where the conventional reactors are located. As MOD turns on power and life support to the rest of the ship, Ashrak suddenly finds that he is surrounded by electrical pathways. The more towards the center of the ship, the denser the electric fabric became.

Once MOD calls the meeting, Ashrak headed towards the bridge area to meet with the rest of the crew.

MOD:

Upon calling the crew meeting, MOD takes a second look at the Captain's chair. There are the normal ship controlling interfaces, but ey also notices a small contraption on the right chair arm that has a deliberate and ornate arrangement of mirrors. Should ey care to experiment with the interface, ey would find that access port is a control interface for piloting, probably for when the pilot chair was vacant for whatever reason.

The crew gather at the bridge where MOD assigned the crew to both ships. As they began to adjorn, the ship suddenly moved in a different direction. A speaker crackled to life and a young female voice spoke through the speakers:

"Excuse me. Who are you?"


What are your intentions?
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [66] = 0
JiC 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [84] = 84

Stuff
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged

Skill stuff
Limited mind reading (65%) 1d100<65: [40*] = 1 - Scan the bridge, so who is thinking

MOD takes a full two steps back away from the captain's chair, as the moth takes a sudden jerk away from the Kibiko. For fux sake, are we cursed? Is it me? Ey scans the chair to see if there is any indication of how the ship is moving.
Da fux? wrote:"Excuse me. Who are you?"
"Who the fux am I? I'm Captain M the Dungeon Master," M quips while looking around the bridge to see where the voice could be coming from. Ey looks around for speakers, even trying to read the minds of anyone on the bridge, in case someone is using psionics. "Who the fux are you? And how the fux did you take over my fuxing ship. Are you some kind of hacker? Do you know Dimitri?"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [2] = 2 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [2] = 2
MOD wrote:"...Ash, I'll need a co-pilot for the Kibiko. And Vinny, you'll be Ash's armed escort on the Kibiko. (Shoot him if you think he's doing anything suss.)..."
Ashrak wrote:"Co-Pilot, what fun! Give me a day and I'll have had my tentacles on every station on your Kibiko, two days for the other ship, he he he." Ashrak says, floating closer to Vinney. "And I do so love having company while I work, he he he, you'll find I'm quite good at multi-tasking so we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other!" Askrah grins towards Vinney then MOD, untwirling one of his trio of tentacles to show all three reach on completely different directions before retwirling together with a smile and floating towards MOD in something of a purr. "I can't wait to sit beside you in the cockpit, he he he." Ashrak adds, his giggle increasing in octaves.
Phara opens her mouth to do something - it might be whining, it might be some dumb sarcastic remark, but it doesn't matter. As her Volcano Rifle waves in the rough direction of Ashrak (likely to emphasize some retort,
but was probably something like, "Shouldn't I just shoot him now? Fucker's always suspicious, just like everyone else on this crew," or "But I wanted to shoot this ship's guns! Assholes." Truly, the mind of Phara is complex, but rewarding to comprehend.
), the Atlantean's thoughts are interrupted.
Loud, interrupting asswipe wrote:"Excuse me. Who are you?"
Phara is about to say something again, this time getting out a "Oh, shut the-" when she is oh-so-rudely interrupted yet again. This time by her boss, even!
MOD wrote:"Who the fux am I? I'm Captain M the Dungeon Master," M quips while looking around the bridge to see where the voice could be coming from. Ey looks around for speakers, even trying to read the minds of anyone on the bridge, in case someone is using psionics. "Who the fux are you? And how the fux did you take over my fuxing ship. Are you some kind of hacker? Do you know Dimitri?"
MOD's psionic read of Phara Vin is completely pointless, as her thoughts are identical to her words: "Just talk over the lady with a big fucking gun, that's right! No one's gonna get shot that way, definitely! And who the fuck is Dimitri?" She crosses her arms, her non-existent progress towards the exit even further pushed back by her annoyance with the interruptions. It was at least somewhat entertaining to see someone in full power armor impatiently tapping their foot like a young girl.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /42% [CRIT SUCCESS :D](+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [85] = 85

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Electrokinesis [Sense Electricity: 2min; Extending to sense Cameras/Speakers on Bridge]| Forcefield: 110/110

Skills:
Sense Electricity: 1d100: [65] = 65 /75% [Pinpoint cameras and speakers on the bridge specifically -- A failed roll means only 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 % of devices are detectable | Range: 65ft radius]

Post:

Ashrak smiles as the ship lights up around him, the electrical sense practically sending tingles across the alien's leathery skin and then flutters after MOD. While on the bridge, he listens to the plan and doesn't say much, instead swaying around the bridge, looking at different controls and consoles. Such a pretty bridge! So many buttons, I do so love learning new things. I wonder where its weapons console is... Ashrak thinks to himself, partially ignoring the meeting once he realized he'd be co-pilot. It's my haleblad. They don't like the *haleblad, I bet. That or my *fangarms... but they are my best features. Ashrak muses to himself.
Voice in the Machine wrote:"Excuse me. Who are you?"
Ashrak spins and looks towards wherever the source of sound was, his six tentacles tapping each other as if in anticipation. Oooh! A new piece on the board. Something to play with? Hehehe.... using a speaker? Maybe sees us on a camera? Well, them. Hehehe. Ashrak giggles internally as he revels in his natural ability to hide from technology. Ashrak floats around the bridge while MOD retorts so strongly, prompting a sideways glance from Ashrak. Like Rend, this Phantom. Very confident... Ashrak thinks in practical awe that is overpowered by his draw to Phara.
Phara wrote:Just talk over the lady with a big fucking gun, that's right! No one's gonna get shot that way, definitely! And who the fuck is Dimitri?"
Ashrak watches in a joyful sway as Phara expresses her anger and taps her foot like a normal bipdeal, then Ashrak floats up, holding a tentacle up. "I'll do one better; why is Dimitri?!" Ashrak retorts, looking between the two then floating around with a grin. Ashrak glances up towards the speakers and then will use his Electrokinesis to attempt to filter out the Cameras and Speakers that may be on the bridge, though he does not try turning them off or anything yet. I can likely disable or disconnect the cameras to let the group move in peace... or I could cloak one of them. But who? Maybe Phara, but Phara might try shooting me. Hehehe Ashrak considers, the last bit of his internal giggle escaping his alien lips. Ashrak doesn't directly talk to the voice from the speakers, being so new and untrusted, the alien instead using his powers to make himself useful (hopefully)

Elecrokinesis
Electrokinesis is a psychic power that allows the psychic to exert amazing physical control over electricity.
  1. Electrical Resistance: Up to 60,000 volts do no damage, currents greater than 60k, including magical and lightning, do half damage. Duration: 3min/Lvl. ISP: 4
  2. Electrical Discharge: The character can cause static electricity within a 12 foot (3.6 m) area, as well as emit an electrical discharge by touch. The discharge can be a little jolt or inflict up to 1d6 S.D.C. damage as often as once per melee.
    • Range: Touch or 4' distance.
    • Duration: Instant.
    • I.S.P.: 2 per discharge.
  3. Electrical M.D. Attack: The psychic can fire a light M.D. electrical blast.
    • Range: Touch or 80' (+20'/level)
    • Mega-Damage: 1d6 M.D. to 3d6 M.D.
    • Duration: Instant.
    • I.S.P.: 6 I.S.P. to inflict 1d6 M.D., 12 I.S.P. to inflict a 2d6 M.D. blast, 18 I.S.P. to do a 3d6 M.D. blast.
  4. Manipulate Electrical Devices: Through focused thought the psychic can enforce a limited control over electrical devices, such as turn off and on light switches, computers, televisions, radios, blenders, microwave ovens, flashlights, toys (battery and plug types), windshield wipers, and all types of electrically operated appliances, toys and devices. He can also manipulate the controls of the device, such as volume, channel selection, tuners, speakers, change speed, dim lights, and so on. A dozen different electrical functions can be manipulated each melee. This can mean flicking the light off and on six times (12 functions/6 off, 6 on) or turn on the T.V., turn its volume up to the max. And turn on 10 other appliances (12 functions in all).
    • Range: 45' +5' per level of experience. Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience.
    • I.S.P.: 4.
    • Note: The character does not need to see the devices to manipulate them. He can feel their presence.
  5. Sense Electricity: The psychic can sense or feel electricity and pinpoint its exact location with fair expertise.
    • Range: 45ft (13.7m)+5ft per level.
    • Duration: 2 minutes of extreme sensitivity.
    • I.S.P.: 2 every 2 minutes
    • Skill: 75%+5%/Lvl | A failed roll means only 1d6*10% of electrical devices are detected versus all of them.


**I will likely use Danish words to supplement the Rithe native language.
*halebrad - Danish Word for Tail Leaf; leaf being another word for blade.
*fangarm - Danish Word for Tentacle (which is bloody perfect).
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 180/180
I.S.P.: 178/184

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [33] = 33
Conditions: None.
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Bert is staring at the ships controls part in confusion, part in awe. Man the tech smithies in the UWW would have a field day with this ship. Who the hell built it I wonder. A living component, hmmm. Bert thinks as MOD bellows.
MOD wrote:"CREW MEETING!"
"Radios are a thing, can even talk normally with one." Bert mutters to himself as he makes his way from the engineering section. Once in the presence of the crew, Bert listens to MOD talk.
MOD wrote:"Right then, looks like we got some work do to on this ship. Bert, I want you to fire up the engines and see what run a diagnostic, see what this thing is capable of doing. We prolly won't want it attached to the Kibiko when we do this, so we'll have to split the crew up. Bert, you're in charge of this ship for the time being. I'll pilot the Kibiko. Doc, you've got some work to do here, so why don't you lock yourself in that new lab of yours. Valen, why don't you stay here as well, in case the Doc needs a live test subject. Ash, I'll need a co-pilot for the Kibiko. And Vinny, you'll be Ash's armed escort on the Kibiko. (Shoot him if you think he's doing anything suss.) Zilch, why don't you stay here as well."
Bert nods. "I got a good idea how to get her moving." Bert says.
Mystery Voice wrote:"Excuse me. Who are you?"
Bert sighs. I wonder if this is the ship? Bert thinks.
MOD wrote:"Who the fux am I? I'm Captain M the Dungeon Master,.. Who the fux are you? And how the fux did you take over my fuxing ship. Are you some kind of hacker? Do you know Dimitri?"
Phara Vin wrote:"Oh, shut the- Just talk over the lady with a big fucking gun, that's right! No one's gonna get shot that way, definitely! And who the fuck is Dimitri?"
Bert shakes his head. "I think that is the ship." Bert says calmly. "Are you the ship's living component?" Bert asks aloud.

Before MOD, Phara, or anyone else for that matter can start anything. "Was in the middle of looking into it when you called your meeting, and have not had time to give an update, so don't start yelling about it." Bert says holding a hand up.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [55] = 55
Perception: 32% (47% in darkness) / 1d100: [99] = 99 (CRIT FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

Nurse Ratchet wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:47 am 3) There is a medium-sized galley with enough seating for ... blah blah blah .....tools, hunting and live capture equipment .. blah .. non-lethal weaponry ... a very well stocked pantry a special device that looked like a food replicator, with only one red button that was labelled 'FLAN'.
Zilch reaches down and picks up a non-lethal weapon, inspecting its potential for violence. Is it a stun stick? Something that shoots knock out gas? He notes the presence of live capture equipment, and so he
Life Sense power
again for any live specimens that might be held here. Alas he senses nothing. We'll have to stock out larder later. Maybe there's a nice planet we can swing by and collect something nummy.

Then he discovers the pantry. He grabs some random food, preferably sweet and chews while he examines the food replicator. After a moment's consideration, not about safety but rather what kind of cookie he'd like, he pressed the 'FLAN' button.

"Chocolate chip cookie," he asks politely. "With hazelnuts. Oh oh! And sprinkles. And with oats! And did I mention chocolate chips? Make that a dozen."

Computer Operation 60%: 1d100: [33] = 33 (SUCCESS) <-- operate the food device
Nurse Ratchet wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:47 am Once MOD calls the meeting, the duo head back towards the bridge area to meet with the new captain. Zilch happily imbebbed everything within the box marked 'Phantom related' that MOD gave him.

"Excuse me. Who are you?"
Zilch just sits back and watches the exchange with interest. Rather than joining in, he sniffs the air again, seeking to sense whether the voice belongs to something living. If so, where it might be.

If the voice is alive, Zilch states. "I smell its life force. It is alive." He also points in a direction, should he sense it.
If no life is sensed, "I don't smell anything living besides us. How interesting."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [40] = 40
PER: 1d100: [19] = 19 vs. 50%

Conditions:
22m00s, RUEP.183, 80% expertise
,
12m00s, R25P.77, 74% skill to pinpoint number and location or all presences within 50ft.

The Machine wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:51 am"Good news, bad news... Good news, it likely can be powered back up to run. Bad news, might take me a little bit to figure it all out, as it's seventy to eighty percent magical subsystems."
White pipes up, happy as a clam ”Do let me know if you want me to object read any inscrutable bits. I’m sure it’ll go better than last time!” During his initial inspection of the rooms White will touch the computer and use telemechanics on it ((-10 ISP)), along with any other systems that look like they might be interesting and/or informative. As he goes through the rooms White ”Oooo…”s softly in between tuts at the damaged equipment in the first one. His Ooooing gets louder and higher-pitched at the second, more functional surgical suite and he can barely restrain himself from trying to figure out what the goo does right away. He stops dead in his tracks at the third room, with all the brains. His sharp intake of breath and wide, black eyes betray his utter wonder at the sight. So many questions! Who are they? How did they get here? Why were they abandoned? What in the nine hells is this place supposed to be doing? Oooooo! I can’t wait to get to work! When MOD calls the meeting, White races off in his enthusiasm to get back to it.

If he could breathe, he’d be breathless with excitement. ”Cap! Oh, cap this place is wild! There’s a room full of brains- just brains! My guess’d be some kind of ‘borg or neural intelligence workstation. I can’t wait to get in there and start poking around! Maybe we could have minions!” Then the voice on the comms startles him out of it. Pesky former owners. That’s no fun. I thought they searched the ship and didn’t find anyone? While the others engage in a dialogue with the unnamed woman, White starts looking around inquisitively. He will use extended presence sense ((-8 ISP)) and start quietly searching the ship, looking for hidey-holes. Of course, if she’s in some sort of extradimensional space, there might be no finding her. Maybe the ship’s records? Unless White senses someone who isn’t part of his crew, he’ll also start looking for main computers he can access with telemechanics that might tell him more about the ship- ideally a blueprint or some sort of instructions related to the dimensional anomalies he sensed earlier. If he notices any security camera type things, either visually or via telemechanics, he will try to avoid their line of sight if he can.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>
Phara Vin wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:29 pm"Just talk over the lady with a big fucking gun, that's right! No one's gonna get shot that way, definitely! And who the fuck is Dimitri?"
"Hacker guy we've bumped into a couple of times," MOD replies leaning towards Vinny. "Supes clutch corporeal. Remember the time the Kibiko's hull started to ooze slime? That was him."
The Machine wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:24 pm"I think that is the ship... Was in the middle of looking into it when you called your meeting, and have not had time to give an update, so don't start yelling about it."
MOD's jaw drops a little. A sentient ship? Who have imagined it. Maybe that big red weirdo that was evangelizing about void cetaceans... The possibility slowly sinks on M, and ey gives the captain's chair a second more studied look. Do spaceships dream of electric kujamoya? Ey then waits for a response.

If there is a long pause and M has the time to talk to Bert, ey says, "Living component, neh? Like one of the ship's systems is bio, or is it the whole ship?"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried over))
MOD wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:06 pm If there is a long pause and M has the time to talk to Bert, ey says, "Living component, neh? Like one of the ship's systems is bio, or is it the whole ship?"
Living?

Zilch saunters over to whatever component they're talking about and listens to the exchange with interest. "Life? Hrmm I usually can sense living things around. I didn't feel anything yet.. perhaps a re-smelling is in order?"

With a sniff he focuses his Life Detection powers. Perhaps I can only sense it up close? He tells the others whatever he detects, even if it is nothing at all.

"I wonder what flavor a living ship has?" He licks his lips and wonders where all this is heading. Hopefully to dinner.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

((Rolls Carried Over))
MOD wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:06 pm"Living component, neh? Like one of the ship's systems is bio, or is it the whole ship?"
Bert shrugs at first, and doesn't answer immediately. Do I really know the answers to this. I'm not that much of an expert.

"A guess at this point, but I would say more than 50% of the ship is alive. It's more like two ships merged together really. I was just unraveling that bit before the meeting." Bert pauses.
Zilch wrote:"Life? Hrmm I usually can sense living things around. I didn't feel anything yet.. perhaps a re-smelling is in order?... I wonder what flavor a living ship has?"
Bert looks to Zilch and sighs. "I don't even want to begin to fathom how your abilities work, but my guess is you couldn't smell it, because we're not exactly in it, we're more on it I would think. Like it has almost all the expected stuff for a ship minus an FTL drive, Except that all the stuff we would call a primary system is now a secondary systems, to aid the living component." Bert says.

"Zilch please do me a favor and don't try to eat the ship. I'll see about getting you something later when we touch down." Bert says.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried over))
The Machine wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:48 pm Bert looks to Zilch and sighs. "I don't even want to begin to fathom how your abilities work, but my guess is you couldn't smell it, because we're not exactly in it, we're more on it I would think. Like it has almost all the expected stuff for a ship minus an FTL drive, Except that all the stuff we would call a primary system is now a secondary systems, to aid the living component." Bert says.
The monster ponders this in a way that only a ravenous monster can. If we're inside a living this, what part of the living thing are we actually in? A stomach?

"Suppose this is a living thing. Why would it need a crew? What if instead this is all a ploy to lure to draw travelers into its digestive systems?" He looks about with a faintly amused expression. The thought of something devouring Zilch is strangely comical.

"It just floats about in space, hoping to attract food. Then it makes itself appear to be what its food likes. This large empty ship, full of wonders, and unguarded. The previous occupants mysteriously absent. What crew wouldn't board it exactly as we have?"

He thinks on the state the ship was found in. "Were all the previous occupants killed in a tragic accident? Or had the ship finished digesting them, and simply flushed the residue off into space?"
The Machine wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:48 pm"Zilch please do me a favor and don't try to eat the ship. I'll see about getting you something later when we touch down." Bert says.
"Since you got me out of the place you found me, very well." Zilch straightens his stance, making it official in his mind. It had been awhile since he promised anyone anything. "I promise you I shall not eat this ship."

He looks sideways at the corridors, imagining they might actually be digestive tracts. "But if it tries to eat me first, all bets are off."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Before the meeting:
Zilch wrote: Zilch reaches down and picks up a non-lethal weapon, inspecting its potential for violence. Is it a stun stick? Something that shoots knock out gas? He notes the presence of live capture equipment, and so he again for any live specimens that might be held here. Alas he senses nothing. We'll have to stock out larder later. Maybe there's a nice planet we can swing by and collect something nummy.
Zilch held up a strange pistol device. It looked crystalline in its construction, but he could not make heads or tails of it.

As he took a sniff, he realized that there wa a faint life signature below his feet. Wherever he moved, the signature remained. It felt quite eerie.

Once he discovered the pantry, he found much of the food supply. MREs, uncooked grains, vegetables of various sorts, as well as spices, sugar were in various cabinets. There was a walk in fridge, with left overs from feeding a crew of about 15. Meat was being defrosted. He would locate the freezer later, with carcasses from species both familiar and foreign to him.
Zilch wrote: Then he discovers the pantry. He grabs some random food, preferably sweet and chews while he examines the food replicator. After a moment's consideration, not about safety but rather what kind of cookie he'd like, he pressed the 'FLAN' button.

"Chocolate chip cookie," he asks politely. "With hazelnuts. Oh oh! And sprinkles. And with oats! And did I mention chocolate chips? Make that a dozen."
Locating the food replicator, he pressed the button. A small plate is positioned under the machine, where a firm custard is appears on the plate, covered in caramel like sauce. A light auroma of hazelnut and chocolate assault Zilch's senses.

A mechanical voice replied: "Excuse me. My programming has been set to only make flan. Please connect a suitable device to my administrative ports and add additional recipes as you see fit."

Sheepishly, the device says:"I do apologize. I don't currently know how to make any thing else."

During the meeting.

Several speakers hidden behind the false ceiling crackled to life. The voice was one of a younger human woman. She seemed a bit distressed.
MOD wrote: "Who the fux am I? I'm Captain M the Dungeon Master," M quips while looking around the bridge to see where the voice could be coming from. Ey looks around for speakers, even trying to read the minds of anyone on the bridge, in case someone is using psionics. "Who the fux are you? And how the fux did you take over my fuxing ship. Are you some kind of hacker? Do you know Dimitri?"
"How did I take over control of myself?"

The voice sounded increasingly incredulous:

"Hacker? I am a hacker? No. I am Grizzelblak, daughter of Grizzelablanch. Did a hacker take over your ship before? Do your sensors see any ships around us? I can't seem to pick up anything..."

"Excuse me. I am not quite myself. I ran away from home. I was tricked into helping who I thought to be a nice person. Now I'm wearing his ship and I'm covered in this silver stuff. And I can't get it off..."
Vinny wrote: Phara opens her mouth to do something - it might be whining, it might be some dumb sarcastic remark, but it doesn't matter. As her Volcano Rifle waves in the rough direction of Ashrak (likely to emphasize some retort, ), the Atlantean's thoughts are interrupted.
"Ma'am, please stop waving that thing around....

Then in a smaller voice, she said:
"You are in the bridge, most of that area is very delicate. Normally only trusted members of the crew are allowed in..."
Askrak wrote: Ashrak watches in a joyful sway as Phara expresses her anger and taps her foot like a normal bipdeal, then Ashrak floats up, holding a tentacle up. "I'll do one better; why is Dimitri?!" Ashrak retorts, looking between the two then floating around with a grin. Ashrak glances up towards the speakers and then will use his Electrokinesis to attempt to filter out the Cameras and Speakers that may be on the bridge, though he does not try turning them off or anything yet. I can likely disable or disconnect the cameras to let the group move in peace... or I could cloak one of them.
On the bridge, Askrak was surrounded by hundreds of pieces of very complicated electronics equipment. Some of the computers seem to be interfaced with very intricate fiber optic equipment. He detected signatures that could only have originated from fiber optic relays. They were positioned beneath under the control interface consoles, most likely translating signals where they could be routed well inside the ship.

Much of the equipment was remarkably foreign to Ashrak and he could not make heads or tails of where the cameras were. He did however manage to locate the speakers and have the option of lowering or increasing the volume from them, should he choose to.
Bert wrote: Bert shakes his head. "I think that is the ship." Bert says calmly. "Are you the ship's living component?" Bert asks aloud.

Before MOD, Phara, or anyone else for that matter can start anything. "Was in the middle of looking into it when you called your meeting, and have not had time to give an update, so don't start yelling about it." Bert says holding a hand up.
"I don't know if you call this living, although I am quite alive. There was a large asteriod field that just formed not too long ago. I was going to go there to get something to eat. They wake me up when it's time for me to feed, but they aren't around anymore...

I am not the ship, rather, I have been relegated to a beast of burden. Is that the right phrase? And you are in my saddle. Well, barding really...
".
Dr. White wrote: If he could breathe, he’d be breathless with excitement. ”Cap! Oh, cap this place is wild! There’s a room full of brains- just brains! My guess’d be some kind of ‘borg or neural intelligence workstation. I can’t wait to get in there and start poking around! Maybe we could have minions!” Then the voice on the comms startles him out of it. Pesky former owners. That’s no fun. I thought they searched the ship and didn’t find anyone? While the others engage in a dialogue with the unnamed woman, White starts looking around inquisitively. He will use extended presence sense ((-8 ISP)) and start quietly searching the ship, looking for hidey-holes. Of course, if she’s in some sort of extradimensional space, there might be no finding her. Maybe the ship’s records? Unless White senses someone who isn’t part of his crew, he’ll also start looking for main computers he can access with telemechanics that might tell him more about the ship- ideally a blueprint or some sort of instructions related to the dimensional anomalies he sensed earlier.
Presence Sense detects a large presence of something living and enormous just at the edge of the ability's range. There is nothing else on the ship, save the members of the Dr. White's fellow crew mates. There are no cameras that he could observe.

Venturing back to the giant computers in one of the previously locked rooms, Dr. White sat down and began combing through local files. There were lots of interesting tidbits pertaining to the previous owner's experiments with _copied_ intelligences, instead of transference, from living brain matter to positronic neural nets. There had been notes on behavioral conditioning, memory alteration, loyalty conditioning as well as other forms of mind editing of copied intelligences, including automated personality editing. Dr. White also located a manual for one of the flesh printing machines that was behind another one of the locked doors, as well as a contract for private sponsorship of research and first refusal of purchase for the results. The title of the grant is "Transdimensional Travelers: A study on alternate methods of travel in the post FTL age".
Zilch wrote: Zilch saunters over to whatever component they're talking about and listens to the exchange with interest. "Life? Hrmm I usually can sense living things around. I didn't feel anything yet.. perhaps a re-smelling is in order?"
The speakers boom over again:

"I wouldn't eat the metal on this ship, especially from the outside. They fight back. If you want some food, I can fire up the induction grill for you and you can do a reverse sear on the magic fire oven. I do make a mean char broiled antelope, if we have any left in the freezer."
Bert wrote: "A guess at this point, but I would say more than 50% of the ship is alive. It's more like two ships merged together really. I was just unraveling that bit before the meeting." Bert pauses.
"Listen, if you ever figure it out, mind explaining to me what happened? I'm just simple little Grizzelblak"
Zilch wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:51 pm "Suppose this is a living thing. Why would it need a crew? What if instead this is all a ploy to lure to draw travelers into its digestive systems?" He looks about with a faintly amused expression. The thought of something devouring Zilch is strangely comical.

"It just floats about in space, hoping to attract food. Then it makes itself appear to be what its food likes. This large empty ship, full of wonders, and unguarded. The previous occupants mysteriously absent. What crew wouldn't board it exactly as we have?"

He thinks on the state the ship was found in. "Were all the previous occupants killed in a tragic accident? Or had the ship finished digesting them, and simply flushed the residue off into space?"
"Listen uhhh Mister. I don't know what to tell you. I am not a ship. I am an offspring of another living being. I ran away from home a few years ago. I didn't like my family. They were mean and cruel. I came across a damaged ship running on emergency power in a rather dangerous nebula, so I let them hang on my back while I pulled them out of bad space weather. I took a nap. And I didn't know how long I went to sleep. Next thing I knew, I didn't have control over my body until Dr. Disuti lets me. I tried to run home for help, but quickly the crew regained control. Then I went to sleep again involutarily. I woke up with this silver coat covering me, my whole outer shell felt like a million million needles poking into me, and I couldn't get it off. And after that, I went to sleep often, only to wake up to find food for myself. At least most of the crew was nice to me. Now they are all gone. And I don't know where they went... "

Grizzelblach stops to take a sigh. Everyone on the ship could literally feel her sadness over her lost friends, and her relief as she realized her captor was no longer on board.

"Well folks... What do you want with me?


What are your intentions?
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (30%) 1d100<30: [43] = 0
JiC 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [55] = 55

Stuff
Physical shell: Mavis Obviously Deranged

Skill Stuff
Pilot: Small Spacecraft (73%) 1d100<73: [67*] = 1 - Familiarize one's self with how to pilot the moth
Grizzelblach wrote:"Listen uhhh Mister... I don't know where they went..."
The ship's story resonates with MOD in ways that ey could never have expected. Aside from the fact that ey never really felt an affinity for corporeals, Grizzelblach is a spaceship, a traditionally inanimate object. Tho, maybe that's exactly why M feels an odd affinity for the ship. They are an outlier, a sentient being that didn't fit neatly into the way corporeals understand the world. And worse yet, a former lab rat. M doesn't quite understand what the scientists were doing onboard Grizzelblach, but it sounds about as pleasant as testing Naruni energy fields. They just finally got fuxing free, and then we showed up. That ain't right.
Grizzelblach wrote:"Well folks... What do you want with me?"
... nothing... M says softly as eir head sinks into eir shoulders. After a beat a snaps up and looks at whoever else is in the bridge. "We're not slavers."

Ey then looks up around the bridge, not sure where to stare at when talking to the ship. "So we're just a bunch of freelance cargo haulers on our way back from picking up some specialized equipment for our client. Had a rough go of it, neh? I swear, our ship is fuxing cursed. Everywhere that thing lands there is a suicidal juicer or borg that has an unhealthy attraction to explosives. It chews up cargo like it's a Thundercloud colonist with a cheek full of swamp weed. Anyway, saw you and thought maybe we'd swap out for something that wasn't owned by a retired techno-wizard that only dealt in faulty Sploog parts."

M walks over to the pilot console and studies the schematics. Doesn't look too alien, neh? Like, not Naruni but I could fly this. Wonder if the ship was assembled by some other a mega-corp, or some military.

"But like I said, we don't want to be rude and impose ourselves on you, especially if you're just waking up. Like, if you want to fly up and fux off, we can de-board right now..."

M glaces back to Bert. "You want to do a diagnostic on this ship? See what they're talking about by a silver coating, and if it's something we can help them shake off, let's do it."
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (5/24)
Locked

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”