Wait, What??? Where? ...

User avatar
Goram
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Goram »

Perception 27%: d100
JIC: d100, d20
Status: AR:11
SDC 100/100 | Hard Leather (Full) 48/48 | Shield 100/100
Coma/Death: +5%, Magic (varies): +1, Lethal Poison (14+): +1, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1, Insanity (12+): +3, Psionics (10+): +3, Horror Factor (varies): +0


Ya-Blik wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:02 pm Date: 24 September, 345
Time: 640
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Mountain Road
Goram continues approaching behind Ivy while holding his hands up with only his shield attached. I plead to the gods that these men conduct themselves peacefully. I have no desire to end their existence.
Ivy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:32 pm "Goram the whole point of me going up ahead was to prevent folk reacting poorly at the sight of you. Following me just defeats the purpose of the whole exercise." She sighs, and soldiers onwards hoping for the best.
Goram who has not stopped watching the guards says in a hushed voice. “They may be civil authorities but I have found that is of little comfort. They are often dishonorable and have been known to abuse power and take advantage of others. I cannot let you go to them without protection. It goes against my very existence.”
Ya-Blik wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:02 pm "Hello friends and good morning!" In reply one of the soldiers calls back "Hello ... You are the ones who popped up in the night? We got a pigeon about you. You big one ... you can stop right there ... and can someone tell us how a Wolfen is on the Mountain??"
“I am Sir Goram, Knight Errant of the Order of the Brambleheart. I have taken an Oath to protect Sister Ivy and my other companions. I have come with arms sheathed and hands where you can see them. I will only fight to defend my charges. I will respect your wishes and move forward no more. I ask in return you conduct yourself with honor, and treat Sister Ivy with dignity and respect.”
Ivy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:32 pm "One of them is a spellcaster, the other three have mind magic," she says this softly, with a smile directed at the guards. "Now please, do what I ask and stay back. I need to convince them we mean no harm. It may be that something has this city on edge. There's a lot of guards there for a checkpoint, and the city was very quick to loose arrows at the sight of us."

Her eyes look deeply into the troll's. "Whatever happens, be honest and slow to anger. There is no way noble Od would teleport us into a trap. Have faith. We are here for a reason, all we need to do is ask."
In a hushed whisper Goram says, “Noted. I will do as you wish but should they harm you or Ambrosius I will kill every single one of them without pause. Do not go into any structure with them unless they allow us to join you.”

Goram stands where he was asked to stop still holding a peaceful stance. He will watch them like a hawk.
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Ivy »

((rolls carried over))
Goram wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:20 pm In a hushed whisper Goram says, “Noted. I will do as you wish but should they harm you or Ambrosius I will kill every single one of them without pause. Do not go into any structure with them unless they allow us to join you.”
"You will not harm them." Her eyes harden. "Or you will face me next." She is a little gnome, even smaller when compared to the troll beside her. But she is clearly touched by the Gods. It might, to some, seem a little intimidating. At least, let Goram see a confidence that will bolster his own.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate 1d100 / 84%

While urging Ambrosius forwards, she offers some parting advice whilst hoping they aren't her last. "Do not be so quick to deal out death and judgement. There are other ways for those who look, and you should start doing so. Killing is easy, but living is hard. Everyone you meet needs kindness. A courageous fighter shuns violence. A skillful soldier avoids anger. No matter what happens, think on this."

She casts the momentary doubt aside and focuses her thoughts. Whilst about to meet the guards, she connects with Alwin and Granas telepathically (Telepathy [-4 ISP])

Granas, Alwin. One of them is a spellcaster, the other three have mind magic. Middling levels of power. Be at ease, and please don't let Goram pick a fight. We're not here to brawl with anyone, we just want to know where in the world we've been transported to. I hope they like candy, it is rather good. Wish me luck.
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Locknar »

Date: 24 September, 345
Time: 645
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Mountain Road




Ivy explains that her plan was to remove or limit potential hostility a bit by not having Goram approach, an explanation which the Troll dismisses because he believes his personal oath and preference to stay with Ivy and Ambrosius takes precedence. When the guards call of for Goram to stop where he is, the Priestess offers an I-told-you-so and warning for Goram not to lose his temper whilst she suggests that her deities would not have placed her into danger. The Gnome upon a bit of actual reflection though realizes that this blind assumption may have been just the sort of thing she was cautioned against from the beginning of her time with the Church, after all neither Od nor any of the Northern dieties is omniscient, the Northern gods themselves consult the Na'Runs (the Fates/Norns) and legends and stories are replete with examples of the Gods of all religions, their layered schemes and plots against one another and using mortals as pawns and proxies, and after all she asked to be moved to a specific location via application of a spell.

Nevertheless she approaches as Goram after calling out to declare himself a Knight stops in place. Alwin and the others continue a measured a approach and come to stop a few steps behind the Troll as Ivy and Ambrosius approach to within ~30ft of the guards. She hails them to explain that she is a travelling priestess who prayed to be be moved from a ship near Venniss but that she has candy. Ivy telepathically warns Alwin and Granas what she has seen via auras as a soldier with some apparent seniority steps forward, his spear held loosely in 1 hand and clears his throat, "Well, I'm not sure where Venniss is, but I've heard of Llorn. You are on the slopes below the city of Adrianna in Kingdom of Peninshir on the Tegyn peninsula the Southern Kingdoms of the East. Adriana is the heart of the East's jewel and marble mining with scores of quarries and
and diamond mining towns, so bandits like to target merchant miners ... you get the odd marauding band of Orcs, Goblins and Ogres along with the random Troll or Giant if you are not careful. You also find Rock Crawlers, Scorpion Devils and the occasional Chimera or Tusker out in the mountains and ravines here ... "


Murri can hear the discussion without much effort (those were not great perception rolls).



Butcher's Bill:
Alwin:
Granas:
Goram:
Ivy: -6 PPE, -4 ISP
** Ambrosius:
Reisender:


What are you doing?
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d1001d20
Perc: 68% / 1d100
”GM” wrote:Silhouette spends some time stargazing and determines she had been unconscious for some time, that the moon seems to indicated that it is past midnight while still hours till dawn (OOC: You dont know the star positions down to the minute). She then reflects on why she has no memory of the elven-woman she recalls as her mother taking a Changeling form after death when clearly a Changeling should have ... she just saw one do so earlier ...
Silhouette rises from laying back in the dirt, again, to get to her feet feeling the safety of the night around her, of Aco. However much these conflicting memories of the past demanded her attention the nighttime was a resource to her that was depleting in the moment. Silhouette looks around at the star lit world and says,”I will not allow the past to wile the night away without making better use of the stars, I can do that tomorrow in the daylight.”

Silhouette though smacks her lips at the words to find that in speaking to herself, that it was like a desert in her mouth as she goes to the river and bending down cups water to her mouth. After attending to her thirst she will attend to much needed hygiene as she considers a plan forward thinking,”I could return to the town behind. We didn’t get very far, but…” Silhouette had her opinions of Myfflin, but even so she did accept the second pass of the job with Alwin’s urging,”All are a tool, make a tool of Myfflin.” She was still on that job, right? Silhouette shrugs as she says to herself, ”More or less.”

Silhouette then resolves herself to her task thinking,”Being separated from the party doesn’t change the job until I know that either the packages were lost or delivered.” Silhouette’s mind considers from the back of her thoughts that this wasn’t much different than a target escaping the trap, she was now on the hunt and had to recoup weapons lost in the attempt, in the way one collects thrown daggers that missed or arrows that became scattered from a quickly discarded quiver in the chase as she thinks,” I need reserves in my psychic energies to proceed.”

Silhouette turns away from the river having quenched her thirst and with the aid of sand rubbed against skin to neutralize her scent, she hoped she smelled something closer to riverside loam. Silhouette for a moment finds herself aware that many uncertain details lay before her as she considers the future and that it was easy to become overwhelmed with choice paralysis. For a moment she was as she ponders too many plans at once, but the need to restock her reserves and energies gave her an inspirational way forward.

To restock her psychic reserves she needed a source to do so. Either rest, which she couldn’t afford as it would allow the night to pass or, the one thing she was mostly sure of, that a ley line crossed north to south a short way East of Llorn. Silhouette thinks,”Not so far for a Forsaken Mage…or maybe a Wizard like Tyral could reach it as capably from here.”

-----------



Silhouette minds the direction that the river is flowing that while facing the water from the bank that the river flows out to sea toward Llorn. Upstream was Wisdom.

Silhouette prepares Petal, wrapping the Mule's head and eyes with her spare wool shirt so that she will not be overly panicked. Using her navigational skills she will seek out the nearest leyline to recharge and find her missing party with the spell Blazing Star.

Silhouette will use landmarks as she can, but even so that she is not a Wizard, she hopefully can see ley lines and their glow across the landscape at night.

Then with staff in hand and casting Blazing Star with Petal sets off to find the ley line backtracking for now toward the town along the river to the West. She would cross over the leyline before getting there if she had been on the boat knocked out for too long. She knew the leyline is before the howling lands, because Hadrian's cove is. She knows they couldn't be too far up the river because they only just got the warlock and were traveling slowly. If she gets to the town she will land and recast and and go back up the river East until coming across the leyline.

Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines -- 42% / 1d100
Astronomy & Navigation -- 42% / 1d100
Astronomy & Navigation -- 42% / 1d100
Astronomy & Navigation -- 42% / 1d100


Range: Self or two others by touch.
Duration: 10 min. per level
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: 25 (30)
The Zodiac Mage is bestowed with the power of flight, but it is not like the fine control one has with Fly as the Eagle. The mage is engulfed in a large, fiery aura that makes him look like a blazing star. He takes off across the sky like a rocket, with an impressive speed of 100 miles per hour (160 km), plus 25 mph (40 km) per additional level of experience. The mage can make minor course corrections, but like a speeding rocket he is pretty much limited to one direction once chosen. When the spell ends or the mage decides to land, he crashes into the ground, making a small crater. There is no damage to the mage, or to others around the crash site, even from some of the debris that is thrown out of the crater.
[url=viewtopic.php?t=14715[/url]
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Hard Leather (AR11 / 30/30 SDC
Weapon: Short bow (back) & Dagger behind armor; Bone staff in hand
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 25% vs 1d100
JIC: 1d20 and 1d100

Alwin's patience seems to wane as he watches Ivy get closer and sees signs of possible conversation but can't hear anything. Dammit... maybe we should have gone down too. Don't want to provoke this bunch.

Alwin decides to call down to Ivy, "Everything ok down there? Is this the place?"

Alwin remains calm and not threatening as he waits for Ivy's reply.

How nice would it be if this was the place.
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Ivy »

Perception: 1d100/24%
Just in Case: 1d20; 1d100
Ya-Blik wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:49 am a soldier with some apparent seniority steps forward, his spear held loosely in 1 hand and clears his throat, "Well, I'm not sure where Venniss is, but I've heard of Llorn. You are on the slopes below the city of Adrianna in Kingdom of Peninshir on the Tegyn peninsula the Southern Kingdoms of the East. Adriana is the heart of the East's jewel and marble mining with scores of quarries and and diamond mining towns, so bandits like to target merchant miners ... you get the odd marauding band of Orcs, Goblins and Ogres along with the random Troll or Giant if you are not careful. You also find Rock Crawlers, Scorpion Devils and the occasional Chimera or Tusker out in the mountains and ravines here ... "
Alwin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:34 am Alwin decides to call down to Ivy, "Everything ok down there? Is this the place?"
The gnome offers a silent prayer of thanks and on hearing their location confirms reaches out with her telepathy to Alwin. Good news indeed, for a moment I feared we were thrown into another land over the seas!

She offers the group a wave with an empty hand; the signal for safety not trouble.

"Good news! The man with the spear looks to be in charge. He says we 'are on the slopes below the city of Adrianna in Kingdom of Peninshir on the Tegyn peninsula the Southern Kingdoms of the East'. That city last night was what we hoped it would be! I am going ask about any laws going in to avoid complications. They seem friendly enough, give me a minute more to work with them."

Charm/Impress 1d100 / 35%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 1d100 / 84%
Critical Success!

Ivy remains courteous and serene in her dealings, she does not appear hostile but as a caring friend these guards haven't met yet. And from a long ways away. There is also a holy reverent air about her, she is clearly a priest.

"May we enter your city? Are there any rules or customs we ought to know about it? Our group are all that you can see here, a smattering a different races. Yes, we even have a troll, but he'd educated and agreeable if treated fairly."

"Good news! The man with the spear looks to be in charge. He says we 'are on the slopes below the city of Adrianna in Kingdom of Peninshir on the Tegyn peninsula the Southern Kingdoms of the East'. That city last night was what we hoped it would be! I am going ask about any laws going in to avoid complications."

"Are the problems of banditry so bad?" Ivy asks with a note of concern in her voice. "You've a lot of guards here for the odd brigand."

To Alwin she relays any further information given to her. She will repeat to Goram, though she hopes he can hear enough to relax a little. She also adds, "They tell me Adriana is the 'heart of the East's jewel' They mine marble here, and there are diamond mining towns in this area, so they have problems with banditry and the odd marauding band of Orcs, Goblins and Ogres. In the mountains and ravines you get creatures they call Rock Crawlers, Scorpion Devils and the occasional Chimera or Tusker."

Finally she asks, "May our group approach your checkpoint? Or should I return to them and tell them to make their way up the slope?"

Ivy repeats her telepathic messages to any others as time permits.
OOC Comments
This is purely to facilitate players with their posts, so no one needs to wait for any one player to react first and relay a message.
Barring further unforeseen complexity, Ivy bids the guards a respectful farewell and returns to the group. From there she intends for all to ascend once more up the road, enter the city of Adrianna and deliver the crates to their destination.
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:34 am Perception: 25% vs 1d100
JIC: 1d20 and 1d100
Ivy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:22 pm The gnome offers a silent prayer of thanks and on hearing their location confirms reaches out with her telepathy to Alwin. Good news indeed, for a moment I feared we were thrown into another land over the seas!

She offers the group a wave with an empty hand; the signal for safety not trouble.

"Good news! The man with the spear looks to be in charge. He says we 'are on the slopes below the city of Adrianna in Kingdom of Peninshir on the Tegyn peninsula the Southern Kingdoms of the East'. That city last night was what we hoped it would be! I am going ask about any laws going in to avoid complications. They seem friendly enough, give me a minute more to work with them."


Alwin hears Ivy's tiny voice in his mind, and it settles him some. Relaying to Granas he says, "Apparently this is the city we are looking for and she is fine. She is following up with some questions on how we turn around and head back."

Feeling more at ease Alwin looks around at the path hey are on working out the best way to turn the animals and cart around to start making their journey back up the mountain. Once Ivy gives him the go ahead that they are good to start heading back, he works on turning the animals and the cart. To bad we couldn't just camp to morning outside the gate and enter this morning. Nevertheless, way better than we had planned and one changeling, at least, light.

When Ivy mentions bandits all tenses slightly, thinking to himself, Hopefully we can turn around and make it up top before sunset. It would be good to get behind the walls. Although, last night was uneventful. We shall see.
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100/36%
JIC: 1d20/1d100

He waits where he is with crossed arms and listens the best he can, ears perking up at the sound of Adrianna. I'm not worried about the animal life. Those are just gonna be there. But I guess it's best not be cocky about them.

He glances his head in the direction of the closest person, "Sounds like the usual I guess."

He waits for a sign to either go back up the slope or go down it. He also watches for anything lurking off the trail since he already has the high ground on them.

Detect Ambush: 1d100/45%
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Locknar »

Date: 24 September, 345
Time: 140
Environment: Clouded Sky
Location: Above the Inland Sea




Silhouette tries to pull herself together and decides she will try to locate the others and Myfflin's transport crates. She decides she wants to try and use a rare lunar magic spell 'Blazing Star' to fly West back down the Old-Kingdom river, North to Llorn, then up the Grand Canal to a ley line she once encountered near Hadrian's Cove. Silhouette ties a shirt around Petals eyes and face to try provide a blinder effect. Then the changeling casts the spell upon herself and Petal (-30 PPE), engulfing both of them in a fiery aura and launching upwards at immense speed (300 MPH (faster than most Tornadoes)). Within a minute or so Petal begins to shriek, twist and flail and Silhouette's Sixth Sense goes off moments before she begins to kick, and just in time to avoid catching hooves to her side. Unaccustomed to flight, fearful and panicked the creature's terror is quite apparent as the makeshift shirt flies off. The Southern Mage can see that they have made some distance, but fears that in short order Petal may kick free, injure herself or Silhouette, and/or become uncontrollable.


Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -111 PPE, -50 ISP, -15 SDC



What are you doing?
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Locknar »

Date: 24 September, 345
Time: 648
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Mountain Road




Ivy telepathically advises the others that they have arrived essentially at Adrianna and charmingly inquires about entrance to the City. The spokesman type soldier shakes his head in clear skepticism, "Honestly, it is pretty unlikely that they are going to let a Troll into Adrianna. Regardless of how well it speaks or what promises it makes. I'm not sure how they do things in Llorn or Venniss, but their kind are not welcome. I mean that one may dress like a man, but I have seen those things leap to terrible violence ... Some Western merchants bring along Wolfen as slaves, which ... not my business, but I would wager a week's pay the Captain of the City Watch is not letting that thing inside the walls. Really we were just going to send it packing down the damn mountain and tell it not to return ... "

Ivy asks about bandits and how much of a problem they are for the city and is told, "Well we maintain a strong presence on the trade roads so that the City does not end up with bandits ... again, the heart of the jewel trade for the Kingdom, bandits are indeed an issue. You can send the troll on through down the mountain ... and we can have the wagon inspected for contraband then you get your pass and go up to the City ... should be simple."

The others, stopped about 80ft off stand in the road. Alwin finds that for some reason, though the weather has not changed much, he seems to be hearing a ringing or something annoying ... it's just difficult to hear Ivy's conversation (96/100 perception), though he does receive a telepathic recap. Murri can once again hear the whole discussion fine.



Butcher's Bill:
Alwin:
Granas:
Goram:
Ivy: -6 PPE, -4 ISP
** Ambrosius:
Reisender:


What are you doing?
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Ivy »

Perception: 1d100/24%
Just in Case: 1d20; 1d100
Ya-Blik wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:26 am Ivy telepathically advises the others that they have arrived essentially at Adrianna and charmingly inquires about entrance to the City. The spokesman type soldier shakes his head in clear skepticism, "Honestly, it is pretty unlikely that they are going to let a Troll into Adrianna. Regardless of how well it speaks or what promises it makes. I'm not sure how they do things in Llorn or Venniss, but their kind are not welcome. I mean that one may dress like a man, but I have seen those things leap to terrible violence ... Some Western merchants bring along Wolfen as slaves, which ... not my business, but I would wager a week's pay the Captain of the City Watch is not letting that thing inside the walls. Really we were just going to send it packing down the damn mountain and tell it not to return ... "

Ivy asks about bandits and how much of a problem they are for the city and is told, "Well we maintain a strong presence on the trade roads so that the City does not end up with bandits ... again, the heart of the jewel trade for the Kingdom, bandits are indeed an issue. You can send the troll on through down the mountain ... and we can have the wagon inspected for contraband then you get your pass and go up to the City ... should be simple."
The priestess nods soberly. "In Llorn the troll was met with surprised looks and stern warnings against any funny business, but they let him in. I've not known him very long but truly he's the first troll I've met in all my years I would trust to behave peaceably." Memories flash in her mind of her own dead husband and children; slain by wild trolls. Thankfully Goram is not like those. She pushes aside the memory.

"I can understand your concerns. Your city your rules. I'm reluctant to split up, but we must abide by your laws. Some idea of what alternatives await us would be helpful, what lies down the mountain?"

After she's heard whatever comes next, she politely excuses herself. "I will talk with my friends about how best to proceed. Thank you for your help." She offers a polite nod and departs. Soon she rejoins the group some 80 feet off.

Ivy tells the others all she has learned, including this city's issue with trollkind and the wolfen.

"Can we get a message to Myfflin's contact? Perhaps we can be met outside the gate?" she asks the others. "It may save a lot of time and trouble with contraband inspections and talking the guard into letting Goram and Mürrischer."

At no point does Ivy breathe a word about the crates, for the problem is obvious and she wonders what in heavens Myfflin expected at the outset of this job.
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 25% vs 1d100
JIC: 1d20 and 1d100

When Ivy rejoins the group and explains their situation Alwin gives it some thought, "I don't like the idea of splitting up. Is there another way?" For a second, he considers how Myflin would communicate. "What about one of those pigeons?" Alwin turns to Granas and asks directly, "Is that something you can do?" E can get a message to the recipient, and all stay together.

Maybe the guards will let us camp close by while we wait for a response. "If you can't. Maybe they have the ability and can send the message for us?"

Looking ahead he considers if the pigeons are not available and adds, "If not, we should leave a sizable force to protect the crates. With all the guards and security, I cannot imagine the city will be too dangerous."

Alwin looks around for the group's input.
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100/36%
JIC: 1d20/1d100

An ear turns in disappointment as he listens on to the conversation and face turns to annoyance at hearing his kind would be transported in slavery. He considers his options if he comes upon one of those transports and shakes his head with a grumble. "At least it's the right place."

Hearing the situation when Ivy returns, acting like he didn't hear it all the first time, he takes a moment to consider what he'd like to do. "Not sure I'd like going into the city after what i heard and not sure I wouldn't be brash if I saw my own kind in chains, but I could try to behave. I'm nt that worried about what they could say about me, I've probably already heard it since heading south.

He turns his nose to the sky as he sniffs for a Wolfen's scent, not sure if he actually wants to catch a whiff of any in the area or having recently beenn through.

Recognize scent of others: 1d100/24%

"If we have to split up for the time being, It's fine. we can figure out a way to communicate issues" He concludes.

He takes a moment to really focus on his natural hearing wondering what extra sound he may hear.
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100/46%
[JiC: 1d100 / 1d20

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | PPE used: 00/245 |

Skye is attempting to locate the nearest treeline that will allow him to observe the encounter without fear of being directly targeted. If Granas heads into the city, Skye will attempt to follow by flying naturally.

Track by Sight: 1d100/88%
Track by Smell: 1d100/60%
Prowl: 1d100/88% (Not getting shot at)


Skills


Post
Ivy Telepathic wrote:Granas, Alwin. One of them is a spellcaster, the other three have mind magic. Middling levels of power. Be at ease, and please don't let Goram pick a fight. We're not here to brawl with anyone, we just want to know where in the world we've been transported to. I hope they like candy, it is rather good. Wish me luck.
Granas watches the interaction with pointed interest, using his or his familiars eyes as required to see best. Though, the superior vision of his familiar causes the mage to smile inwardly. And I keep thinking I have good vision. He teases his familiar who can see so much better. Ivy's telepathic message to him does reassure the wizard who nods, clearing his mind and letting the strong surface message ring clearly. We are travelers, not an enemy. Granas thinks to himself. He turns towards Alwin and Murri, "I don't think violence is first on anybody's list." Granas muses softly in response to them both, and Alwin's fears. I can't speak for these folks, but violence is certainly not our priority. Granas adds to his internal musings. Granas sends his best luck towards Ivy, trusting the gnome who has consistently surprised him. She is of good flock. If my family had met her and others like her, perhaps their war on the fae would stop. Elena would certainly like her. Granas considers to his familiar, not really expecting a response as he looks on.

Granas waits patiently on the wagon, taking each of Ivy's updates with a growing smile and nod. Yes. Good flock. He nods to himself as though considering himself fortunate. When Ivy returns and gives everyone the download, he listens. He doesn't hide the face of an impressed wizard who listens to the information as if he were a student at a class. "Well done, Lady Ivy. Your ways with words and people continue to impress me." Granas comments
Ivy wrote:"Can we get a message to Myfflin's contact? Perhaps we can be met outside the gate?"
Alwin wrote:"What about one of those pigeons?" Alwin turns to Granas and asks directly, "Is that something you can do?"
Granas nods. "Yes, I can send a message to Myfflin's contact within the city with a magic pigeon with a short message." Granas says. "For the sake of this endeavor, if we have to split up we should do it smartly. At least three of us remain with the wagon while the rest go inside. I am not sure I am comfortable with the guards inspecting the warded crates without who they are intended for being present. I am not even comfortable opening them, personally. Hopefully they can meet us at the gate after a message." Granas agrees and turns towards Mox who (I think) is sitting with Granas on the wagon.

"Master Mox, unfortunate circumstances aside, I am relatively late to this party and do not have all the information needed. Do you know the actual name of who these crates are for?" Granas asks of Mox. If Mox gives him a name, Granas will send a Pigeon with the following spoken message [30 word limit for spoken messages].
Magic Pigeon Message wrote:"Hello #Name, I am at the gate with the cargo being transported from Master Myfflin to Adrianna. If possible, please meet us at the front gates to Adrianna. Signed, Granas."
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Silhouette »

JIC 1d100 1d20
Perc 68% / 1d100

GM Ya-Blik/Steve: I don’t know what I wrote that led to this misunderstanding that Silhouette was trying to go up to Llorn then the Grand Canal, but that was not what I attempted to impart.

I’ll clarify.

1: Silhouette is intending to head down the river toward the town where Granas was picked up. If she gets that far without seeing a leyline she will land well before the town and far from people. She is doing this because she was knocked out and the boat could have passed the leyline due to being pulled by an elemental and moving faster than typical boats.

2: If she didn’t find the leyline before the town, she intends to recast Blazing Star to go up the river in the direction of Wisdom until finding the leyline that crosses the the old-kingdom river just before the shattered lands.

Justification: Silhouette knows there is a leyline crossing the Grand Canal and the Old-Kingdom River and before the shattered lands and that it is the same one because she has herself seen a map detailing the leylines back in the day when Tyral and Sil worked for Archon Elias. She viewed the map specifically when visiting his castle for the party he threw where everyone gathered. On a wall was the map detailing the geography and the leylines. She specifically walked over and gave it a good look.

As well, passing the geomancy lore check, I do hope such would help?

---------------

POST:

Active effects: Blazing Star

As Silhouette travels for a time she starts to muse upon her memories. There was a word for what she could feel there, like trying to find out the shape of a thing under a sheet. The ideas and thoughts shared with that obscured shape left her with the sense that she was recalling a drunken blackout.

Silhouette reacts with a startled exhalation as she is brought out of her growing considerations of a seemingly deficient mind as Petal begins trying to rear her head and buck mid-flight, noting too that the covering had flown off with a frustrated word following her exhalation in a controlled,"Fuck." Silhouette attempts to settle Petal in the animal's panic pulling on her halter calmly but firmly to stabilize the mule’s head so as to be aware of Silhouette’s attentions and hopefully bring a sense of safety in a friend being near. Silhouette follows this by putting a handout on the mule’s nose bridge and rubbing to calm the animal and as well limit the head thrashing and hitting herself, though wind likely rips away her words she speaks as she says soothing sounds and words the mule knows to calm her,”Easy Petal, woah, woah, easy now, easy now, you’re ok girl, easy Petal. Woah.”

Silhouette uses Telepathy, Superior (-8 ISP) to communicate her calming efforts to the poor Petal.

Attempt to calm Petal: Horsemanship: General -- 87%/72% // Second percentile to calm a panicked mount:
1d100
1d100
1d100


If that still doesn't bring the animal a sense of peace, Silhouette will try the spell Instill Knowledge: Acrobatics to try and relieve Petal of the fear of the height and try to calm the frightened Petal once again:

Horsemanship: General -- 87%/72%
1d100
1d100
1d100


(LVL5) (-18 PPE)
(BoM pg 108)
Range: One person (one person or bit of knowledge) by touch.
Duration: 30 min per level
Saving throw: None
P.P.E.: 15 (18)
The spell caster can instill any one skill (excluding spells or spell knowledge) he knows at one level below his own level of experience. The recipient of the skill instantly knows it well and the use of the skill feels completely natural. In the alternative, the mage can implant one particular, fairly detailed image or bit of information such as a particular face, symbol, uniform, painting, sculpture, etc, or even a floor plan or schematic, map/layout of a town or city as known to the mage. However, since that knowledge is limited to spell caster's own, it may not be up to date.
The knowledge is temporary and fleeting. When the spell duration elapses, the skill or knowledge is gone, becoming nothing more than a faded, dream-like recollection. Likewise, whatever skill or information is temporary given to the other person, it becomes faded and fuzzy for the spell caster (-60% for that one particular skill). Memory returns to the mage completely at the end of the spell duration. Note: This is one spell that must run its course, the mage cannot end or recall the knowledge at will.
[url=viewtopic.php?t=14715[/url]
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Hard Leather (AR11 / 30/30 SDC
Weapon: Short bow (back) & Dagger behind armor; Bone staff in hand
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Locknar »

Date: 24 September, 345
Time: 700
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Mountain Road




Ivy confirms to the guards that Llorn had also had some concerns about having a Troll roaming its streets and receives some nods as well as hearing murmurs about how Llorn has the Red Brigade and a Guard much larger to help police and protect, smaller cities are just not willing to take the chance because the price for a mistake is usually horrific and not for some savage Troll. She is advised that further down the mountain, it really depends where she’s referring, there will be a valley and some mining towns on this slope with a quarry or mines associated with each, other nearby mountains will have towns as well, and there are a few that cater to nobles who like to compete at climbing (without magic).

The priestess excuses herself and returns to the others to discuss, inquiring whether a message can be transmitted to Myfflin’s patron, whom pretty much everyone at once realizes the sinking realization they never confirmed who the hell in the City the delivery was being made to, so the info or organization is not someone they know of. Granas leans over to broach the subject, "Master Mox, unfortunate circumstances aside, I am relatively late to this party and do not have all the information needed. Do you know the actual name of who these crates are for?”

Mox frowns and shakes his head "I don’t handle any of that stuff. Tom and Jerry did contract stuff, and Stubrik could read … but,” he reaches into the Wagon and rummages before pulling out a pack that Jerry had been carrying before, "I think the contracts and stuff are in here … my uhmm reading is not great. Tom and Jerry were the ones who got the orders from our commander, and they talked to the Alchemist guy.” The group eventually sort through and find a contract with deployment papers between Myfflin’s Mystic Marvels and the Red Brigade that indicates delivery of unspecified cargo to the City of Adrianna before the Winter Solstice. Transporters are to seek out a contact called Kaliki Arrenthas (as well as a pass-phrase to confirm their identity to this Kaliki person). Granas opts to send a message and casts Magic Pigeon [-20 PPE] with the following spoken message [30 word limit for spoken messages].
  • A Magic Pigeon Message wrote: "Hello Kaliki-Arrenthas, I am at the gate with the cargo being transported from Master Myfflin to Adrianna. If possible, please meet us at the front gates to Adrianna. Signed, Granas."
The bird then flies off up the slope, though you lose sight of it after about 30 seconds after it hits a treeline and is obscured, whether it heads directly for the City is lost on the wind.

Murrischer sniffs for other Wolfen but catches no scent that specifically indicates for him expresses that others of his kind have been by in the last few days, maybe months. Goram stands there quietly apparently contemplating a world in which a declaration on one’s honor is not a universally accepted guarantee of truth or conduct.




Butcher's Bill:
Alwin:
Granas: -20 PPE
Goram:
Ivy: -6 PPE, -4 ISP
** Ambrosius:
Reisender:




Date: 24 September, 345
Time: 140
Environment: Clouded Sky
Location: Above the Inland Sea


OOC: You have made reference to trying to go to a Ley Line that is east of Llorn near Hadrian's Cove, Granas was picked up in Venniss, a city at the end of the Old Kingdom River (which has Wisdom well upstream). Eastern Territory Pg 42. The Old Kingdom River is not near Hadrian's Cove. A prior post examining ley lines on a map from 3+ GM/DMs ago is not going to impart permanent knowledge of all ley lines in the Eastern Territory is not going to control.



Silhouette's flight process has not gone smoothly while the pair rocket along at ~300mph and she seems to have overshot Venniss as the Southern Mage attempts to calm the 1000+lb land animal using telepathy [-8 ISP] to find that her mental messages find essentially no response besides a semi-coherent mental shriek of terror and that this is Wrongwrongwrongwrongwrong?!?!, the creature rips her head away in terror and Silhouette feels the crack as she is kicked [-16 SDC]. Silhouette winces and attempts to cast a spell on the mule [-18 PPE, Instill Knowledge: Acrobatics], her 6th Sense triggers once more and Petal pulls away in a panic kicking a 2nd time which thankfully hits the Mage in her armor [-14 SDC], however she very nearly loses hold of her staff. As the Mule separates from her, Silhouette distinctly gets the impression that Petal does not like the incredibly unnatural and horrific sense of Flying and that this was probably a very very bad idea.

Silhouette can see that Petal is descending quickly towards the water, from the telepathic mental connection she can hear the horrified desperation of the beast unsure whether the ground is a good idea but terrified to remain in this unfamilar place with wind screaming by so loud ...



Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -129 PPE, -58 ISP, -31 SDC, -14 SDC (Armor)



What are you doing?
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Alwin »

Perception: 25% vs 1d100
JIC: 1d20 and 1d100

Alwin watches the bird fly over the treetops and sighs, "Not much more to do know than wait. No point in going up yet, no point in going down." He tilts his head in consideration, "Maybe we give the guard the courtesy and tell them we just sent a pigeon and see if they mind us waiting."

Alwin turns to Mox, "You have any wine or mead on that wagon we can offer to share while we wait?

Alwin scans their surroundings considering, Once we get rid of these awful crates, we should look for something that will take us back to or close to Llorn. No point in making a return empty handed.

Alwin walks to the back of the wagon hops up and has seat while he waits for a response.
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Ivy »

Perception: 1d100/24%
Just in Case: 1d20; 1d100

High in the mountains, Ivy watches the pigeon depart. Then her gaze falls on the morning sun as it casts a golden glow over the city of Adrianna. Without much else to do, she waits, her breath forming clouds in the crisp air. She is certainly thankful for the warmth her green cloak provides, but her mind was elsewhere.
Alwin wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:58 am Alwin watches the bird fly over the treetops and sighs, "Not much more to do know than wait. No point in going up yet, no point in going down." He tilts his head in consideration, "Maybe we give the guard the courtesy and tell them we just sent a pigeon and see if they mind us waiting."
"We could, or just wait and see. I'm uncertain whether it will make all that much difference. For now, if we can wait in peace without involving more guards all the better." She smiles, and regards her strange company about the cart.

So many different backgrounds, and are all at different reasons of our lives. She considers the memories she gleaned from Goram earlier in their journey, and the abuse he suffered. Some more difficult seasons than others.

"How about a story?"

The priestess then proceeds to tell a tale about
There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall. When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.

The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted.

The second son said, "no – it was covered with green buds and full of promise".

The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.

The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right because they had each seen but only one season in the tree’s life. He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it’s winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, the fulfillment of your fall.


She looks over at the city wall again, wondering just how long it might take to get some manner of response. Then she returns her attention to the party.

"So what do you think is the moral of the tale?"

Her own thoughts leap unbidden into her mind. Do not let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest. Do not judge life by one difficult season. Persevere through difficult patches and better times will assuredly come sooner or later.
User avatar
Mürrischer Reisender
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Mürrischer Reisender »

Perception: 1d100/36%
JIC: 1d20/1d100

He is not sure if he should be relieved or worried to not catch a scent, but accepts the peace of knowing there hasn't, at least to his knowledge, been other Wolfen in the area for a while. The Wolfen looks around in case he missed anything, though he's not entirely sure what there is that could be missed.

Wait time? Guess i can wait. Plenty of that hunting. He sits on the cart where he won't disturb to many things. What's the worst that can happen? He looks in the direction the pigeon goes a moment then to Mox, "Got anything you want to talk about? Thoughts?"

He looks up the mountain to the gates wondering what he'll encounter inside. He's not putting to much though to how he'll be received, he's used enough to ill reception to know better than to do that.
Mürrischer Mürrischer | Ledger Ledger
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Granas »

Perception: 1d100/46%
[JiC: 1d100 / 1d20

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | PPE used: 00/245 |

Skye will stay near Granas, overwatching and flying ahead. If Skye every feels like he is a target, he'll dive for the nearest treeline.

Track by Sight: 1d100/88%
Track by Smell: 1d100/60%
Prowl: 1d100/88% (Not getting shot at)


Skills
Horsemanship, General: 1d100/82% (Drive wagon back to gate)

Post

Granas is pleased as he watches the pigeon depart with his message and sighs contently watching the ebb of magic at work. The simplest of conjuration magic can bring a smile to my face. Granas muses before turning towards his allies. "Now that the message has been sent, we should return to the front gate to meet our associate. Hopefully the morning guards at the gate are in better spirit during the day and won't mind us waiting. That way we can be ready and done with them." Granas states and unless anyone stops him, he'll turn the wagon towards the switchbacks back towards the front gate of Adrianna.
Murri wrote:"Got anything you want to talk about? Thoughts?"
Ivy wrote:"How about a story?" ... "So what do you think is the moral of the tale?"
"A story would be grand, Lady Ivy." Granas answers and listens to the story, it sounding not unlike the stories his sister Elena used to tell him. When the story is over, Granas offers his view on the moral of the story. "I see two morals that could be taken. My master's teachings show me the moral as not to judge or decide without collaboration and observation; see the world around you as more than a still moment in time lost in memories but as an every changing cycle. Share it with those around you, learn from what others have seen to broaden your own perspective." Granas considers aloud before softly chuckling and shaking his head. "My sister, on the other hand, would derive a hypocritical message of lying to those that trust you in order to build them up then take them down. Let them think they see the meaning of the task, understand how something works, without all the details. For the father to come in as the ultimate message bearer where his lesson could've been learned a better way." Granas offers, shaking his head before wincing internally. "The moral I see is to not make snap judgements based on first impressions and instead open your mind to a larger world that is ever changing." Granas finishes.

After a moments pause, Granas glances to Ivy and everyone else with a shrug. "Oh, please don't quote me if you ever meet my master. She'd have been far more succinct. She never was a storyteller." Granas jokes, shaking his head and softly chuckling, appearing to fondly remember his teacher's strictness and concise teachings. I do hope to run into her again soon. I could introduce her to Skye. Granas muses to himself with a content smile as he directs the wagon.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:58 am Perception: 25% vs 1d100
JIC: 1d20 and 1d100
Alwin sits and listens to Ivy's tale then take a moment to think about the meaning. "I think it is more about opportunity. Just because something seems barren and fruitless doesn't mean you shouldn't come back to check again. Like a village paying tribute. Maybe the tribute starts to dwindle, this doesn't mean you shouldn't keep coming back... One day it might start to pay out well again."

Alwin gives a nod of confidence feeling he has assessed the story well.

Granas mentions taking the cart back up to the gate and Alwin responds, "It's at least something to do." He looks around at their surroundings scanning quickly. "Not much going on here anyway. So yeah, let's take a ride." Alwin assists how he can, prepare the cart and the animals to head back up the hill.
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Ivy »

(rolls carried over)


The priestess is rather enjoying the contrasting interpretations of the story from both Alwin and Granas. I do hope we are entering a spring with this whole sorry business, but we will have to wait a little more and see.
Alwin wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:39 am Granas mentions taking the cart back up to the gate and Alwin responds, "It's at least something to do." He looks around at their surroundings scanning quickly. "Not much going on here anyway. So yeah, let's take a ride." Alwin assists how he can, prepare the cart and the animals to head back up the hill.
previously Ya-Blik wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:26 am Ivy asks about bandits and how much of a problem they are for the city and is told, "Well we maintain a strong presence on the trade roads so that the City does not end up with bandits ... again, the heart of the jewel trade for the Kingdom, bandits are indeed an issue. You can send the troll on through down the mountain ... and we can have the wagon inspected for contraband then you get your pass and go up to the City ... should be simple."
Ivy shakes her head. "Alas no. Nothing is ever so simple in these lands." She points back at the checkpoint, "These guards check cargo and issue some sort of pass. Only then can we go up to the city."

The priestess sighs, "We'll have to be met here, if at all. Unless we split up. At least some of us getting a pass, and waiting at the gate to be met by whomever the pigeon reaches."
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Granas »

[Rolls Held]
Ivy wrote:"Alas no. Nothing is ever so simple in these lands." She points back at the checkpoint, "These guards check cargo and issue some sort of pass. Only then can we go up to the city."

The priestess sighs, "We'll have to be met here, if at all. Unless we split up. At least some of us getting a pass, and waiting at the gate to be met by whomever the pigeon reaches."
Granas nods. "Ah, yes, keen point, lady Ivy. That is a sad truth, I suppose. Well, I could simply send another Pigeon with the amended message to meet at the checkpoint down the switchbacks instead." Granas offers, and instead steers the wagon as instructed by guards. He will still show a caution towards opening them. I wish I had more of my sisters genes, she was the explorer, the artifact hunter, the thrill-seeker. I love to travel, but it is for other reasons. Granas sighs to himself. "Or a couple of us can go up. Since I sent the pigeon, I would have no problem going up and leading them back down here. I can make the trip to the gate as swift as a bird for me and another." Granas offers with a sly smile, moving his fingers in synchronization, expressing his magic.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:58 am Perception: 25% vs 1d100
JIC: 1d20 and 1d100

Ivy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:50 pm Ivy shakes her head. "Alas no. Nothing is ever so simple in these lands." She points back at the checkpoint, "These guards check cargo and issue some sort of pass. Only then can we go up to the city."

The priestess sighs, "We'll have to be met here, if at all. Unless we split up. At least some of us getting a pass, and waiting at the gate to be met by whomever the pigeon reaches."


Alwin turns to look at the guards then asks, "They check the cargo here?" Cocking his head slightly he considers all the private terrain between the checkpoint and these guards. "What is the purpose of that? If someone wanted to smuggle something in, then they can just add it to their cargo on the trek up. Seems someone poorly designed their security. I would have thought they would check at the gate."

Alwin looks at Ivy wondering if she is joking with him, "next you will be telling me they check here and the gate." He audibly laughs, "That would be a waste of resources. Can't imagine who would institute such a plan." Alwin gets a little more of a chuckle out of the thought and slaps his knee.

Finding his composure he continues, "Well, strange people do strange things in strange lands. I guess we may have to split up. The note we sent said we are at the gate. I imagine our customer will not travel down the mountain. Should it be Granas and you, Ivy?"

Alwin turns to look at Muri and Goram, "They likely will not take kindly to our friends here." He pauses briefly before adding, "And myself, I do not suffer stupidity very well. Granas and Ivy seem the best options to represent us to civilized folks. Uncivilized..." Alwin smiles big, "I think Muri, Goram and myself might be better situated for those circumstances."

Alwin sighs and leans back on his arms while sitting on the back of the cart, I guess a relaxing sit it is.
User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Ivy »

Rolls Carried Over
Alwin wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:48 am Alwin turns to look at the guards then asks, "They check the cargo here?" Cocking his head slightly he considers all the private terrain between the checkpoint and these guards. "What is the purpose of that? If someone wanted to smuggle something in, then they can just add it to their cargo on the trek up. Seems someone poorly designed their security. I would have thought they would check at the gate."

Alwin looks at Ivy wondering if she is joking with him, "next you will be telling me they check here and the gate." He audibly laughs, "That would be a waste of resources. Can't imagine who would institute such a plan." Alwin gets a little more of a chuckle out of the thought and slaps his knee.

Finding his composure he continues, "Well, strange people do strange things in strange lands. I guess we may have to split up. The note we sent said we are at the gate. I imagine our customer will not travel down the mountain. Should it be Granas and you, Ivy?"

Alwin turns to look at Muri and Goram, "They likely will not take kindly to our friends here." He pauses briefly before adding, "And myself, I do not suffer stupidity very well. Granas and Ivy seem the best options to represent us to civilized folks. Uncivilized..." Alwin smiles big, "I think Muri, Goram and myself might be better situated for those circumstances."

Alwin sighs and leans back on his arms while sitting on the back of the cart, I guess a relaxing sit it is.
Ivy smiles at Alwin's jest. "It is hard to fathom, I can only guess that since this is diamond mining country that they take extra precautions." She shrugs her little shoulders , "Though I hope never to find out how they intend to search for tiny diamonds on every single traveler."

She looks up the switchback trail appraisingly, considering the options.

"Yes, Granas going up ahead seems best. Only Granas can resend a pigeon if more unforeseen complications meet us up there. I may be able to help him, though part of me wonders if Alwin is the better choice to accompany him." She looks at Alwin. If the situation gets dangerous, Alwin would be a better help to Granas. But he may be best here to keep the guards from making trouble for our troll and wolfen friends.

She nods in agreement. "Very well, Granas and I go to the gate. The rest wait here. If there's more complications, you might expect a pigeon." Ivy hands Alwin her bag of maple sweets, and whatever remains of her mead. "You'll know what to do with these. We can always pick up more in the city once all this bother is settled with."

She hands Ambrosius a jerky treat, which he chews enthusiastically. "Up we go again Ambrosius! But first the pass." She remounts her companion, and they depart with Granas.

First to the checkpoint guards, where the two explain they alone will ascend to conduct business quickly as to avoid any headaches for the city guards with respect to the troll and wolfen. I hope this compromise pleases these guards. Once a pair of passes are obtained, they hurry off towards the city proper.

On the ascent up the road to Adrianna, Ivy asks the wizard. "This pigeon spell, is it a hard one to learn? It sounds so useful. How does the pigeon know where to find the target of your message?"

During the ascent she tries to play her flute [Play Musical Instrument 66%: 1d100], failing miserably. Her breath is shallow, and despite her outward calm she does feel a little unsettled. After a few minutes, she shakes her head and puts it away.

I'm not sure I entirely like this place. I hope we can conclude this business and be done with it. Every since we landed at night with arrows in the air, everything has felt off somehow.

It is the first time she's ever allowed herself to seem a little downcast, and the act of showing these doubts may be a sign of her growing friendship towards Granas.

When all is said and done, there's only so much a gnome can take.

As they are alone on the road upwards, she privately admits her feelings, "There is something about this city that unsettles me. What is in those crates? Could we be delivering harm to this city?"
User avatar
Granas
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Granas »

[Rolls Held]
Alwin wrote:"Well, strange people do strange things in strange lands. I guess we may have to split up. The note we sent said we are at the gate. I imagine our customer will not travel down the mountain. Should it be Granas and you, Ivy?" ... "They likely will not take kindly to our friends here." ..."And myself, I do not suffer stupidity very well. Granas and Ivy seem the best options to represent us to civilized folks. Uncivilized..." Alwin smiles big, "I think Muri, Goram and myself might be better situated for those circumstances."
Ivy wrote:"Very well, Granas and I go to the gate. The rest wait here. If there's more complications, you might expect a pigeon."
Granas nods in agreement, and though he is ready to use his magic to fly up towards the gate, he deigns to walk and keep pace with Ambrosias, though turning to look at Alwin. "I do not know, I think most of our troop has proven more civilized than the civilizations we've seen. Tolerance, Acceptance and Humility is the hallmark of what is means to be civilized in my mind. Goram, Murri and yourself all display a great deal more than many of the soldiers we've encountered so far." Granas suggests with a smile towards Alwin, Goram and Murri and packs his pipe for the walk, his eyes bouncing between the three.
Ivy wrote:"This pigeon spell, is it a hard one to learn? It sounds so useful. How does the pigeon know where to find the target of your message?"
Granas nods with a smile. I love it when others show an interest in magics they don't yet know. Spreading the knowledge of magic is my ambition. Granas muses to himself before answer. "It is the way of the magical construct and it requires you to know the name of your recipient and their general location. It then flies to that location and seeks out the individual, if they aren't found, a magical pigeon would wait for months to deliver the message." Granas begins explaining the mechanics of the spell. "It's not a spell normally known to apprentices, though full mages who have been practicing for more than a few years almost always know it and it is not hard to learn, no. I would be willing to teach it too you when we have the time." Granas offers during their walk. She has displayed a great aptitude with spells, even if it is through her deific connection. I imagine she could learn this spell with ease. Granas considers silently.
Ivy wrote:"There is something about this city that unsettles me. What is in those crates? Could we be delivering harm to this city?"
Granas nods along, glancing up the winding trail towards Adrianna from the checkpoint. "It is certainly more fortified than many cities I've visited; perhaps they are anticipating war? I'm also not pleased after seeing the crates smoke in the rain, that implies volatility to me, like they could explode." Granas ponders. "I do not know much of Master Myfflin, but he is my Master's Master, so by proxy I must believe he is in earnest and these crates are not malicious." Granas adds, though Ivy would be able to tell the wizard is not convinced of this statement.
Granas, the traveling mage
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies): +4 (+1 to save vs magic at levels 9, 12 and 15)
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +4

PPE: 245/245 || ISP: 54/54 || HP: 41/41 | SDC: 22/22
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d1001d20
Perc: 68% /1d100
”GM” wrote:Silhouette can see that Petal is descending quickly towards the water, from the telepathic mental connection she can hear the horrified desperation of the beast unsure whether the ground is a good idea but terrified to remain in this unfamiliar place with wind screaming by so loud.
Silhouette’s tries her best to stoically accept the blows, but she couldn’t help say,”By the hells Petal, you kick like a…mule.”

Silhouette notes that the animal starts to plummet as Petal seems to have learned how to will herself in flight. Silhouette follows with the mule’s chosen trajectory, a good sign in terms of training the animal, but a bad one in the mule being in a state of pure panic. Silhouette thinks,”If I had wanted to go further it would have been catastrophic that she was descending, but…” Silhouette looks behind her to Venniss, the check to end the flight anyway. Silhouette sighs breaking her stoic performance in the face of the mule having kicked her.

While descending Silhouette peers around looking at the landscape, finding the world made into a plate of beautiful shades and shapes. Silhouette also finds the view a brief escape from the severely throbbing impacts as she says to the night in elven with a prayer to Aco,”The night sky is yours and if you survey’s this always, I am glad to share this.” Silhouette might have said more in her prayer, but finds her attention required elsewhere as the ground looms ever larger than the star’s lit canvas she had been perusing before.

Silhouette considers the mule’s panic and hopes that whatever yanked her companions from the boat had not left them too in such a state of pain or fear. Silhouette felt bad for how Petal was taking it, having hoped she could calm the beast, Silhouette knew that being consumed in terror was hardly less painful than physical harm. However, watching Petal begin to arc towards the water she imagines there still are fate’s worse, like swimming laden down as the mule is.

Silhouette stays along with Petal and directs the Blazing Star spell with herself and Petal to land immediately so as not to land in the water but near the Old Kingdom river. Then Silhouette stays nearby to allow Petal to find her calm on the ground.

Silhouette digs around in her dimensional bag to find an important item that she hopes can resolve this by removing Petal so that she does not have to experience the flight ever again. Proffering a very unique book from the pocket, Silhouette holds it out toward Petal to capture the mule within the pages.

Image

GM: I guess I’m picking a Patron item finally; Book of Banishment. viewtopic.php?t=17607 Per the patron items; I'm to understand that a player picking one can merely presume to have always had it.
[url=viewtopic.php?t=14715[/url]
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Hard Leather (AR11 / 30/30 SDC
Weapon: Short bow (back) & Dagger behind armor; Bone staff in hand
User avatar
Locknar
Dimension Master
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Wait, What??? Where? ...

Post by Locknar »

Dear Adventurers, this thread has now closed. A new chapter is opening soon. Stay tuned.
-= Palladium Fantasy DM =-
Locked

Return to “Fantasy Archives”