Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls held over).
Toshiko Hayashi wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:27 pm
Toshi nods to her. "Good to hear. I would like to be outside for a time longer. It is nice to have land after a while at sea. As much as this qualifies as land, I suppose," she responds.

Toshiko chuckles, the suggestion from the other Kankoran timely, for her at least. "I can gladly stay behind with the ship, if you trust me to do so. I cannot speak with those here regardless, so I'd need help in getting a room at the hotel. I will pay my way, of course."

She makes her way back to the dock with that, looking about at the locale of the oil rig and taking in the sights. So different from the island of Japan... I wonder if everything in the world is as varied as this is from my land? It made sense, as she knew of the coming of the Rifts in general and how they had flipped the old world upside down. There were plenty of the Republic of Japan who could share stories.

If no one stops her, she will return to the ship, not coming aboard but staying just to the side of the ramp, watching the dockworkers work and generally staying out of their way. Her eyes catch on the horizon, the expanse of the ocean at least one familiar sight to her in an unfamiliar place.
Calvin walks back to the boat with Toshiko. As she stays to the side of the ramp, Calvin turns on Presence Sence (-4 ISP) and boards the boat and goes through the gally and the lower areas to make an accounting for whoever is on board.

He says to Toshiko: "Hey, could you tell me what this giant artificial structure in the middle of the sea is? It's like, huge and I have no idea what it's for...". (OOC: Could someone explain to my character what an oil rig is? Much obliged).

See where Toshiko is, where her back is facing, Calvin will stand on the other side of the boat and stand guard. Every so often, he'll climb the central mast and take a higher view from the ship. (PASS! Climb: 1d100 < 60: [43] = 43 , PASS! Acrobatics: Sense of Balance 1d100 < 56: [30] = 30 ).

He will hope to detect unwanted guests from arriving on to the ship, either from the pier side or from the sea.

PASS! Detech Ambush 1d100 < 50: [1] = 1
PASS! Tracking: 1d100 < 45: [42] = 42


Hopefully, the rest of the evening will be uneventful. Should there be intruders, Calvin will radio his cohorts (near and far) right away while taking defensive positions from unobtrusive spots on the boat. Then he will cast Carpet of Adhesion to slow them down and try and move to disarm them if at all possible.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

((Rolls Carried))
Calvin wrote:He says to Toshiko: "Hey, could you tell me what this giant artificial structure in the middle of the sea is? It's like, huge and I have no idea what it's for...".
Toshiko smiles at the demi-god, thankful to have the company on her watch. Always pleasant to have others to spend time with. As for his question, she looks about the rig for a moment, pondering. It's old, perhaps pre-war? Is there something that I picked up in the Republic that might clue me in? She looks about, examining the area, before something clicks, at least partially.

"I can't say to its exact purpose, I haven't encountered something like this before, but it's certainly pre-war. From what I recall while learning to read Japanese, there were large contraptions out at sea used to mine for some sort of resource used back on land, big enough for the workers to live on temporarily. Read that old sailors would ferry folk to and fro from them. Perhaps this is one such station?" She has no clue what the machine drew up, or if this is even one of those. She can't think of any other structure that'd be so large so far out, though she hasn't exactly studied the subject either.
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls held over)
Toshiko wrote:"I can't say to its exact purpose, I haven't encountered something like this before, but it's certainly pre-war. From what I recall while learning to read Japanese, there were large contraptions out at sea used to mine for some sort of resource used back on land, big enough for the workers to live on temporarily. Read that old sailors would ferry folk to and fro from them. Perhaps this is one such station?" She has no clue what the machine drew up, or if this is even one of those. She can't think of any other structure that'd be so large so far out, though she hasn't exactly studied the subject either."
Calvin stands in awe of the giant metal structure. All this to get some stuff out of the sea to sell to somebody else? Because it's that useful?

"Wow. This is all man made. You said 'mine', so like, does it dig stuff out of the sea bed? That's fascinating. And probably terribly disruptive to everything living in the sea nearby. I wonder what this area smells and looks like in the morning."

"Hey, if this place is a trading hub for a resource hub that was super important, important enough, you know, to build all this, since who knows when, then people far and wide would come here to trade for this stuff. I'm starting to feel a bit better about looking for clues here.

I think it's probably a good idea to check out the bar tomorrow. Or any other establishment. So long it isn't the middle of the night, where people are either very drunk or very asleep. Wanna come with? I can probably cast something that gets around your language barrier, say 9-10 minutes at a time. I could use a backup.
"
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: April 29, 111 PA, 8:00 AM (Seven and a half hours has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt(9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Teres, Colt, and Rufus head to the hotel. The Psi-Druid considers national currencies, but in truth has never had to deal with such a problem, either a place took credits or it took barter, there never seemed to be different countries currencies involved. Given the political climate of her homeland, this is actually a bit surprising. Meanwhile Rufus just observes. Rufus senses that he knows where a ley line is, but only because he can see it faintly glowing in the distance, more than eighty miles away. As for other things magical, Rufus neither senses nor sees anything at the moment. Rufus can smell blood, but it seems to be sea life versus people or a few select monsters he can think of, and it all seems to be coming from the direction of the Tavern.

Once at the hotel Teres finds a rather tired looking old indonesian woman behind the counter, she looks up a few moments after Teres arrives. Teres tries hard to get her point across, but stumbles through it a bit longer than would be liked.
Teres Barton wrote:"Sorry about the bad translations. the organic translator is not reliable. Hello, my name is Teres, Nice to meet you. I need a room and I have a few other questions you might help me with. I was looking for a delivery driver who passed through Pamu Station. He claimed to see Lemurians. What nations' E-credits do you take here? And is there a seafood restaurant or Pizza place on the station you can recommend?"
The old woman looks confusedly at Teres. ”A room. One hundred and fifty credits each, checkout is at noon.” The old woman says, pausing to consider Teres' questions. ”Nothing comes to mind dear. What do you mean nation’s credits? We take credits. As for food, the bar sells food, but their kitchen is likely closed now. It’s late.” The old woman says. If Teres pays the woman, she receives a key and is told which room is hers.
Colt Carson wrote:“I probably smell worse the blue cheese under a saddle. A scent I am familiar as one of my fellow CyberKnights, was an aficionado of finer cheeses and would absentmindedly drop pieces on his horse and it work its way under his saddle. Worst smell I ever smelled. Speaking of which pizza or any food sounds great. Let me get settled and showered and I will join you.”
If the old woman understands Colt, she doesn’t let on, nor does Colt understand a word the woman just said.

Meanwhile Toshiko, Jason, Calvin, and Rory stay back on the ship. Toshiko and Calvin get into a rather lengthy discussion about a small variety of topics. Jessie for her part finds an empty bunk and lays down, with Vladamir in cat form curled up near her feet.

Assuming the fee is paid for rooms. The rooms themselves are pretty small, eight by twelve with a bed, a small table and a chair. As for bathing options there is a bathroom on each floor of the hotel, with public showers in each.

The evening passes and it is now the morning, whether the Templar stay in the hotel or the boat, matters not. The day brings life to the village as villagers in similar coveralls as the man they met on the dock was wearing, now go about loading things into some of the ships moored there. On the Visitor’s Level, sailors can be seen eating breakfast at the tavern. Not breakfast as those from North America would be used to.
Papeda is a traditional Indonesian breakfast made from sago and is considered a staple in the Eastern regions of Indonesia. It is most popular in Maluku and Papua.
The flour used in papeda is extracted from the trunks of sago trees. The extracted flour is mixed with sugar, salt, and water, creating a thick and sticky texture, whose appearance is similar to a pudding or porridge.
This Indonesian breakfast is mostly served with fish and mackerel broth, cork fish, and tuna fish or boiled yams. The fish is seasoned with lime and turmeric, which makes the broth slightly sour and yellowish.
,
Babur ayam is a traditional Indonesian breakfast dish with a thick and plain texture. It’s an Indonesian-style chicken-rice congee made with shredded chicken meat. Many locals see it as their primary choice for breakfast.
The dish has several variants, each offering different flavors. This congee is not very spicy like other Indonesian foods. Therefore it typically comes with sambal and chili paste for diners who want to make it more flavorful.
You can find this Indonesian breakfast in every nook and cranny of the country. It’s topped with yellow chicken broth and drizzled with salty and sweet soy sauce. Some restaurants also serve it with condiments such as chopped scallion, crispy fried shallot, celery, fried soybean, and more.
, and
Roti canai is an Indonesian flatbread widely eaten in several other countries of Southeast Asia. The dish is believed to have Indian origins and was brought by Indian laborers to the country. It’s the most satisfying food item in Indonesian cuisine for the morning munch.
This traditional Indonesian breakfast item is made of flour, water, eggs, and Indian clarified butter. The dough is given a multi-layered texture by folding it multiple times. It’s soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
This crispy Indonesian breakfast is, in our opinion, best served with mutton curry. However, you can also enjoy it with a variety of other curries. Some restaurants will also have vegetable curry so vegetarians can enjoy it as well!
. If inquired it cost twenty credits per dish.
From the vantage point of the Visitor’s level, one can see the following amenities available to traveling sailors. Tavern for food and drinks, a Hotel, a General Store, a repair shop, and a Tattoo parlor. Access to the upper levels seems restricted, with signs seemingly noting it. On the visitor level there is probably forty plus people doing a variety of things, most of them are sailors though.
What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 278/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days), Fly as the eagle, Invisibility.
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Colt: P.P.E.: 14/14, I.S.P.: 42/42, H.P.: 30/30, S.D.C.: 72/72
Armor: T-25 Uber Super-Exoskeleton 200/200
Conditions:
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD
Conditions:
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [25] = 25

She thinks and thanks her for her time and pays for the rooms. In the morning she could start with the two shops
"I am off to the local general store and then to the repair shop. See what I can dig up on our Lemurians. A place like this should have someone who knows something. A general store and repair shop seems to be a good place to start. Plus need to repair the armor. After I get the repairs on the armor maybe I can grease some palms. At least that is the plan. If anyone wants to come along you are welcome to" She leaves the boat with the compound.

Once morning arrives the Psi druid heads to the general store to see about selling the reel. it was the only valuable item she had she did not absolutely need. She checks her gear out of habit and then heads off to the general store. In a place like this, she may not get a full resale value. Teres would not complain so long as it was a fair price.

Once at the general store, she looks at it and then enters:
Babel fish:
1d100: [70] = 70
1d100: [9] = 9

"KJHKHK" with a lifted eyebrow, hey fish, you wanna be pizza topping? she thinks then attempts a second time, "Don't mind the organic translator. It messes up now and then. Hi, my name is Teres. I'm looking for a spare suit of armor, some arrows, a language translator, and an energy pistol with some E-Clips. Also looking for some Lemurians. I need to make contact with them on business. Not to bounty hunt or injure them, just talk. Wondered if you could help us or point us to someone who can help.' she asks politely in a business-like manner. Depending on how well this went she could could just go to the repair shop for repairs. would be nice if things went according to plan just once. she thinks.
(explosive, smoke, neuro stun and flare arrows)

Repair shop
1d100: [97] = 97
1d100: [52] = 52
[roll][/roll]
Last edited by Teres Barton on Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d100 < 49%: [88] = 88
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [37] = 37
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:38 am
Meanwhile Toshiko, Jason, Calvin, and Rory stay back on the ship. Toshiko and Calvin get into a rather lengthy discussion about a small variety of topics. Jessie for her part finds an empty bunk and lays down, with Vladamir in cat form curled up near her feet.

...(something about hotel rooms)

The evening passes and it is now the morning, whether the Templar stay in the hotel or the boat, matters not. The day brings life to the village as villagers in similar coveralls as the man they met on the dock was wearing, now go about loading things into some of the ships moored there. On the Visitor’s Level, sailors can be seen eating breakfast at the tavern. Not breakfast as those from North America would be used to.
Papeda is a traditional Indonesian breakfast made from sago and is considered a staple in the Eastern regions of Indonesia. It is most popular in Maluku and Papua.
The flour used in papeda is extracted from the trunks of sago trees. The extracted flour is mixed with sugar, salt, and water, creating a thick and sticky texture, whose appearance is similar to a pudding or porridge.
This Indonesian breakfast is mostly served with fish and mackerel broth, cork fish, and tuna fish or boiled yams. The fish is seasoned with lime and turmeric, which makes the broth slightly sour and yellowish.
,
Babur ayam is a traditional Indonesian breakfast dish with a thick and plain texture. It’s an Indonesian-style chicken-rice congee made with shredded chicken meat. Many locals see it as their primary choice for breakfast.
The dish has several variants, each offering different flavors. This congee is not very spicy like other Indonesian foods. Therefore it typically comes with sambal and chili paste for diners who want to make it more flavorful.
You can find this Indonesian breakfast in every nook and cranny of the country. It’s topped with yellow chicken broth and drizzled with salty and sweet soy sauce. Some restaurants also serve it with condiments such as chopped scallion, crispy fried shallot, celery, fried soybean, and more.
, and
Roti canai is an Indonesian flatbread widely eaten in several other countries of Southeast Asia. The dish is believed to have Indian origins and was brought by Indian laborers to the country. It’s the most satisfying food item in Indonesian cuisine for the morning munch.
This traditional Indonesian breakfast item is made of flour, water, eggs, and Indian clarified butter. The dough is given a multi-layered texture by folding it multiple times. It’s soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.

This crispy Indonesian breakfast is, in our opinion, best served with mutton curry. However, you can also enjoy it with a variety of other curries. Some restaurants will also have vegetable curry so vegetarians can enjoy it as well!
. If inquired it cost twenty credits per dish.
From the vantage point of the Visitor’s level, one can see the following amenities available to traveling sailors. Tavern for food and drinks, a Hotel, a General Store, a repair shop, and a Tattoo parlor. Access to the upper levels seems restricted, with signs seemingly noting it. On the visitor level there is probably forty plus people doing a variety of things, most of them are sailors though.
Light grew from the horizon. The sun grew warmer. The wind rose as the sea comes to life. "We must also live", thought Calvin as he prepares himself for the new day.

It had been a long time since words flowed so easily between strangers. Calvin felt he had some connection with Rufus, but given Rufus's senior standing in the group, they could be colleagues, but never peers. For the first time in many weeks, however, the small talk with Toshiko refreshed him. He felt like he was using polished sentences again.

Calvin made his way down the main mask one last time. He said to Toshiko:

"Hey, I'm hungry. And it's best to give Vlad a break. Wanna go find food, or at least listen around, in the visitor's area?"

Calvin slung his rifle over his shoulder and disembarks. If Toshiko agreed to join him, he would venture to the visitor's area. As they entered the visitor's stairwell, Calvin said:

"We're out of sight and out of mind, so it's best I cast some spells now. With this incantation, you would be able to comprehend all spoken languages for about 10 minutes. Of course, we're gonna eat, but more importantly, let's find out what's going on here, especially with respect to the Lemurians."

Without further ado, Calvin drew a glyph in the air and mumbled four hard sounds. A bluish hue appeared surrounding Toshiko. Then Calvin repeated the same incantation on himself, with similar effect. (-12 PPE * 2)

As they reached the stairway's ascent to the visitor's area, the smell of warm congee, curry and roti fill the air. Calvin followed his nose into the tavern. Before they entered, Calvin decided to conceal his abilities more by casting Alter Aura, whereby 1) minimizing his PPE signature 2) concealing presence of magic 3) conceal psychic abilities (ISP seems low) and 4) made to look less experienced (lvl 1) (-2ISP) As they entered, Calvin said to Toshiko: "Why don't you find a place where it would be opportune for us to listen to the most number of people. I'll go get the food. I'm gonna try the congee, what would you like?"

Calvin waited for a response.

(Present conditions:
Tongues active: 9 minutes (-24 PPE),
Alter Aura: 3 hours (-2 ISP), minimize PPE, concealing presence of magic, concealing psychic acumen, made to look less experienced)
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 / 36%
JiC d100: 1d100: [23] = 23 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [16] = 16
Current Condition:
Perfectly understand and speak all languages at 98% proficiency. An understanding of written languages is not provided by this magic.
Duration: 9 / 9 minutes (45 melee rounds).

Toshiko is glad for the night to have passed peacefully, having made sure to swap watches with the others throughout. As morning comes, she takes the time to go through her morning routine of sword drills. While her cybernetic limbs, hidden as they were, didn't need or improve from physical exertion, it was good to keep her instincts honed and reflexes quick.

It is as she is finishing up her routine that Calvin approaches her.
Calvin wrote:"Hey, I'm hungry and it's best to give Vlad a break. Wanna go find food, or at least listen around, in the visitors area?"
Toshiko finishes with a stretch and nods. "I would quite like that. I'm interested in seeing what foods they have here." She flashes the demi-god a smile. "Allow me to gather my things." There isn't much for her to gather, just her daisho and a kimono and her utility belt under the fold for quick access. She doesn't wear her armor onto the rig, figuring it'd give a better impression this way.

She gives Calvin a nod once she's ready, and let's him lead the way.
Calvin wrote:"We're out of sight and out of mind, so it's best I cast some spells now. With this incantation, you would be able to comprehend all spoken languages for about 10 minutes. Of course we're gonna eat, but more importantly, let's find out what's going on here, especially with respect to the Lemurians."
She nods, not surprised about his ability to cast the spell, given the amount of linguistic ability that is prevalent among the other Templars. Very useful he can cast it on others, she thinks to herself as she watches his casting. She doesn't move for it in case it helps with the magic, aside from her tail flicking occasionally, and her ear flicking once at a shout from one of the chefs inside the tavern, blinking as suddenly she can understand her need for the spices from the back.

"Useful, though ten minutes is not a long time. It isn't taxing to cast, I hope." I hope not. It wouldn't be wise to use up your resources fully on something like this. She isn't truly worried, though, figuring the mage knew his ability better than she did, with no magical or psionic capabilities whatsoever, even before she was augmented.
Calvin wrote:By the time they ascend the stairs to the visitors area, the smell of warm congee, curry and roti fill the air. Calvin follows his nose, where he will no doubt head to the tavern. As they enter, Calvin says to Toshiko: "Why don't you find a place where it would be opportune for us to listen to the most number of people. I'll go get the food. I'm gonna try the congee, what would you like?"
She follows, her sharp nose almost twitching at the scents coming in from the tavern. She's distracted for a moment as she looks about, before answering her companion. "I think I'll try whichever it is that smells of curry," she responds politely, not knowing what dish was what here, or what each was called, settling on one that was somewhat familiar to her. "Let me know how much it costs, so I can pay you back at some point. I'll find us a spot I can hear everything from, don't worry."

She gives him a gracious smile and finds a central spot that'll let her hear around her well. As she waits for Calvin to return with the food, she closes her eyes and leans back wherever she has sat, focusing on her sense of hearing, seeing if she can pick out anything important in the general din about her.

Pass! - Track by hearing: 1d100: [22] = 22 / 50% (though potential penalties for being in a crowded area) - To pick out any news that might be relevant to the Templars, such as word of Lemurians or what happened to the village she found while stranded.
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Change of scenery, new rolls?):

Perception Roll: 1d100 < 49%: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [72] = 72

Calvin first responds to her questions:

"I can do that spell around 10-11 times before I'm cashed. Rufus has got the same spell, but since he's a better mage, his spell lasts longer."

As they enter the Tavern, they converse quickly about food. Then Calvin nods at the suggestion of curry.

"That sounds good. I'll let you know how much it costs."

Calvin walks to the bar to order. As he approaches, he turns on some of his psionic abilities:

(Sense Evil -2 ISP (140 ft range, 24 Melees or 6 minutes)
(See Aura -6 ISP (60ft range, 6 Melees or 1.5 minutes)

Scanning the bar quickly without moving his head, Calvin takes some effort to register who is present.
(Tracking: 1d100 < 45%: [35] = 35 PASS)
(Detect Ambush: 1d100 < 50%: [48] = 48 PASS)

He tries to keep abreast of the supernatural if they are present:
(Demon/Monster Lore: 1d100 < 50%: [61] = 61 FAIL)

as well as sensing any magic user or magic power that is local to the area:
(Sense Magic in use as OCC ability)
(Magic Lore: 1d100 < 45%: [96] = 96 FAIL)

Once he engages with a member of the serving staff, Calvin orders one order of Roti with Curry (something with meat, Chicken sounds fine, Lamb is of course better) and one order of Babur Ayam. He will of course not know the names of the dishes, but would gingerly point to either pictures or other people's dishes discreetly. Normally, he would engage with the wait staff to find out more about the food, but he can already feel the tongues spell waning. Calvin pays for the food up front and waits by the bar for it, asking for a glass of water. He takes an seat at the bar, hopefully one with a view of the whole establishment. Noting where Toshiko is sitting, he takes inventory of everyone in his sight line as he waits for his food. Pretending to slouch, he looks at his hands while listening to any surrounding conversation of note.

Once the food arrives, Calvin gets up and walks to Toshiko while avoiding the bulk of the tables. Once he sits down and presents the food, he will say audibly:

"Both of these dishes look pretty good. I should've asked for little bowls so we can share. I got a bit more cash, you notice anyone eating anything interesting that you wanna try?"

Taping the side of his helmet, he radios the group:

(Radio Basic: 1d100 < 55: [69] = 69 )

... Folks, Toshiko... I _are_ ...br......fast... in ...tav...

"Well I'm not getting through. Let's try again."

(Radio Basic: =1d100 < 55%: [59] = 59 )

... Folks, Tosh.. I are ...breakfa... in ...tav...

"What the fuck is up with me today?"

Trying to conceal his frustration, Calvin asks Toshiko for a favor:

"My radio's not agreeing with me today. Would you please get a message out to the group and tell them we are eating here?"
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

((Rolls Carried))
Calvin wrote:"Both of these dishes look pretty good. I should've asked for little bowls so we can share. I got a bit more cash, you notice anyone eating anything interesting that you wanna try?"
She flicks an ear at his approach, cracking open an eye to watch him sit as he speaks, reaching over and taking the bowl with the food that smells more like hers. "Thank you. I think this will do us well. No need to overeat on accident, regardless of how nice it smells or tastes."

While her nose and mouth turns to focus on the meal, she makes sure to keep her ears up and swiveling as she continues listening about her.
Calvin wrote:Trying to conceal his frustration, Calvin asks Toshiko for a favor:

"My radio's not agreeing with me today. Would you please get a message out to the group and tell them we are eating here?"
She nods slowly, putting away her food for a moment, motioning for him to pass over the radio and give it a look over. "Of course. It gives me a chance to make sure I know the team's frequency." Should get a radio separate from my armor. Bit silly to have to borrow. Once she's checked that the radio is functioning properly, she attempts to sent a message.

Radio: Basic: 1d100: [24] = 24 / 65% - Check the radio over physically and send out a transmission on the Templar's freq.

"Toshiko checking in. Calvin and I are getting food at the tavern, listening to see if we can't pick something up about Lemurians from idle chatter. That's what your group's looking for right? Let us know if you need us. We'll ping you if we get something interesting." She is about to click off the channel, before pausing and glancing towards Calvin, and raises it back up to her muzzle, "Sorry for the noise earlier. Calvin tried to call in, but something malfunctioned on his mike. Took a look at it and managed to clear it up; using it now to talk. We'll take a better look when we get back to the ship."

With that, she closes the channel, waiting a few beats for a response. Either after said response, or if there is none, she'll pass it back to Calvin and give him a smile. "No need to let them think you can't work a radio. Now, what do I owe you for the curry?"
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [70] = 70 %
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [10] = 10

((Intelligence--95% / 1d100: [46] = 46 % - looking for military trained sailors and boats among those docking))
((Undercover Ops--97% / 1d100: [17] = 17 % - looking for anyone who is trying to hide what they are))

After having little luck getting information from the man manning the dock, Jason stays with the boat, watching boats come and go, keeping an eye out for anyone wearing New Navy insignia or the tell-tale signs of military trained sailors. Soldiers tend to be very precise in how they store things, coil ropes, etc. From his training in undercover ops, Jason knows that it is one of the harder habits for soldiers to break and be sloppy. Let the others gather info for a bit, I'll see if I can learn anything out here, besides... He takes the time to do something he hasn't before. He sets down to speak with Jessie.

"Jessie, I apologize for not taking the time to speak with you much. Until this trip, I misunderstood what you are. Please remember that I come from a world where there is no magic. The gods, as they are known here, either don't exist, are powerless, or are not interested in the material world. When Dhaltuun first summoned you, I didn't see you, or Vlad for that matter, as actual sentient beings." Jason's words come haltingly as he tries to find the right words to convey his misinterpretation of what Jessie and Vlad are. "I am not sure what I thought that you were. It may have been how you were used, like I would use a drone or a robot back home. Since then, I have realized that you are a self aware, sentient being. Some of the things you said regarding Dhaltuun, leads me to believe that you are also a servant of his god, Njord. I spoke with Dhaltuun briefly about this before he was taken. I feel a need to serve and some being to serve." He pulls out a cigar and lights it while gathering his thoughts. Once the cigar is burning properly, he continues, "As a member of the Army of the Southern Cross, I served my unit, the 1st of the Ninth Armored Cavalry Division, South American Sector of the Army of the Southern Cross, United Earth Defense Force. Our duty was to protect the Earth against alien invaders and those who would abuse Robotechnology. " When Jessie inevitably looks confused over the term, Jason explains briefly, Robotechnology is an advanced science that allows machines far in advance of other Earth science. I allows ships the size of cities to cross from one part of the galaxy to another almost instantly. Mecha, what the call robot vehicles here, that respond faster than anything I've seen here. Anyway, where was I... Well, being a part of that organization was a large part of my identity. Now I am here. There is no military hierarchy worth attaching myself to. The Coalition States are the kind of military I would fight against for their abuses" He considers though how Field Marshal Leonard would probably get along with the xenophobes of the CS. " I find myself leading a small team. Which is actually what I was trained to do. I was a corporal back home, so I led half the 1st squad. But I have no one to report to. No guiding authority. It is something that I feel I need. Do you know how someone connects with a deity and seeks a patron? If not, can you point me in the right direction. I make a poor sailor and have no great love for the sea, so Njord would be a poor fit. "

Jason waits to hear Jessie's thoughts on the matter, if any, and waits to hear what the rest of the team have learned.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Colt Carson
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:43 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Colt Carson »

Perception 35%: d100: [43] = 43
JIC: d100: [13] = 13 , d20: [9] = 9
Teres Barton wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:56 am "I am off to the local general store and then to the repair shop. See what I can dig up on our Lemurians. A place like this should have someone who knows something. A general store and repair shop seems to be a good place to start. Plus need to repair the armor. After I get the repairs on the armor maybe I can grease some palms. At least that is the plan. If anyone wants to come along you are welcome to"
Colt replies, "Ok I am going to look for the others and hopefully eat. I am starving." He leaves the hotel and explores. After a bit he hears Calvin followed by Toshiko over the radio.
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:23 pm ... Folks, Toshiko... I _are_ ...br......fast... in ...tav...

... Folks, Tosh.. I are ...breakfa... in ...tav...
Toshiko Hayashi wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:22 pm "Toshiko checking in. Calvin and I are getting food at the tavern, listening to see if we can't pick something up about Lemurians from idle chatter. That's what your group's looking for right? Let us know if you need us. We'll ping you if we get something interesting." She is about to click off the channel, before pausing and glancing towards Calvin, and raises it back up to her muzzle, "Sorry for the noise earlier. Calvin tried to call in, but something malfunctioned on his mike. Took a look at it and managed to clear it up; using it now to talk. We'll take a better look when we get back to the ship."
Basic Radio 55%: d100: [50] = 50
Roger that. I am headed your way. I am hungrier than a goat with a tapeworm. This whole platform is amazing.

After a few minutes Colt enters the Tavern and takes a seat with his new friends. Seeing food, he looks up at his companions and inquires, "Any of these dishes you recommend?" He scans the Tavern to see if anyone looks interesting. So what are you crazy kids up to after this?
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Colt wrote:Colt replies, "Ok I am going to look for the others and hopefully eat. I am starving." He leaves the hotel and explores.
"Sounds good, the Tavern locals could have something too. and we can regroup later. once I take care of repairs and get a new energy pistol I will head there and we can put all our info together. If I find something interesting I will radio you guys at the tavern." She says with nod to the Colt before she leaves. Makes sense they would want food. And its a good spot to get rumors. she thinks adjusting the kit she wore and the pouches locations.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [81*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [25] = 25

Conditions:
- Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining
- Sustain: 4 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Colt Carson wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:55 pm“I probably smell worse the blue cheese under a saddle. A scent I am familiar as one of my fellow CyberKnights, was an aficionado of finer cheeses and would absentmindedly drop pieces on his horse and it work its way under his saddle. Worst smell I ever smelled. Speaking of which pizza or any food sounds great. Let me get settled and showered and I will join you.”
Rufus takes a couple of sniffs. "Hmmm. Gorgonzola... with a hint of Limburger." He chuckles. "I can do something about that, you know. Quick, easy, and relatively painless," he adds with a grin. If Colt seems amenable, he'll cast Cleanse on him (-6 PPE). If he’s still looking for an actual shower, Rufus will just nod. “Then consider it an open offer whenever you find yourself smelling like curdled dairy products.”
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:45 pm"I'll be frank with you, I am part of an off shoot branch called the Order of the White Rose. Our founder rebelled against his brethen and decided that he was committing himself to opposing the original order at every turn. As a result, we are enemies of the Duncston and their compatriots as well. Hence, we don't have many official allies in the Magic Zone, our order is small and I am advised not to tell too many people about what I am. Part of the reason of I was sent to Merctown was for me to find ethical and morally compatible groups, do some odd jobs and maybe broker some connection. All the while furthering my martial and military acumen. "
"Well, prijatelj, we're a very long way from Merctown but if what you're saying is true then you've succeeded in finding an ethical and morally compatible group..." the kankoran nods. "So that’s at least one thing marked off the ‘to-do’ list.”

Rufus hangs out at the tavern with the others for a while, but when they retire to their rooms he heads back to the boat (ignoring his own advice, of course) and beds down for his two hours of sleep and spends the rest of the time meditating to recoup spent PPE. (Five and a half hours of meditation should be more than enough to bring him back to full charge.)

Once the air starts to be filled with the sounds of those on board the platform waking up and beginning their normal daily routines, Rufus double-checks the map to verify the location of the village they just left and calls out to Jason/Jessie. “Good morning! I’m going to visit the dockmaster’s office. If anyone’s seen or heard about Lemurians passing through, it’s bound to be someone in there. Plus it’s only neighborly to pay for our mooring, ja? He adds with a grin. “Radio me if you need me or hear anything.”

Astronomy & Navigation (to get the details off the map) -- 1d100<82: [32*] = 1
Toshiko Hayashi wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:22 pm"Toshiko checking in. Calvin and I are getting food at the tavern, listening to see if we can't pick something up about Lemurians from idle chatter. That's what your group's looking for right? Let us know if you need us. We'll ping you if we get something interesting." She is about to click off the channel, before pausing and glancing towards Calvin, and raises it back up to her muzzle, "Sorry for the noise earlier. Calvin tried to call in, but something malfunctioned on his mike. Took a look at it and managed to clear it up; using it now to talk. We'll take a better look when we get back to the ship."
Rufus chuckles to himself. Yes, of course ‘malfunctioned.’ Wink wink, nudge nudge. Nice of her to cover for him though…

He keys his own mic. “Rufus here. Roger that, Toshiko. That’s definitely what we’re looking for. Ultimately we’re looking for one of their floating cities called ‘Gamu.’ I’m sorry we haven’t given all the details yet; we’ll have to rectify that before the day’s out. I’m on my way to the dockmaster’s, so between all of us we should sniff out any leads that might be here. And tell Calvin not to worry -- mic malfunctions happen to the best of us.”

Radio: Basic -- 1d100<87: [80*] = 1

He makes his way to the dockmaster’s office (using Eyes of Thoth if he needs to so he can read directional signs and also casting Tongues on himself to help make a good impression). He brushes himself off and walks into the office as properly and professionally as he can muster. “Good morning, friends! I’m from the ‘Sea Templar’ down in Berth Seven that arrived last night. We were checked in by a friendly looking person in overalls with a clipboard. Didn’t get his name, but he said that credits were an acceptable form of payment here so I’d like to go ahead and pay for a week’s mooring in advance if that’s okay. I’m not sure just yet if we’ll actually be staying that long, but if we do I’ll be happy to pay for longer when the time comes.” He pulls out his card.

“While we’re chatting… our last stop was a coastal village about 36 hours or so sailing (if the mileage was marked he’ll give that as well) east/southeast of here. Looks like it was attacked and pretty much razed to the ground a couple weeks ago, but we didn’t find any survivors or bodies -- just three castaways who were there by accident.” He shrugs. “Didn’t know if you folks knew about the village or had any relationship with them, but figured at the very least give a warning that slavers could be in the area. Is there anyone specific that I should report this to, or are you sufficient?”

“Also… we’re looking for a Lemurian floating city, or at the very least for some Lemurians we could talk to. Someone at one of our previous stops said you folks here in Sunnoco might have had a few stop by, or at least that someone who has met some might stop by here. Would you know anything about either one? Anything at all?”

Charm/Impress: 1d100<40: [65] = 0
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<25: [50] = 0
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: April 29, 111 PA, 8:20 AM (20 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Teres makes her way to what appears to be a general store. The shelves are stocked with canned foods, several baskets of fresh produce, an assortment of clothes and other sundries that would aid folk on the sea. A middle aged man with short black hair that seems to be very common in this part of the world, sits in an old plastic chair near what Teres assumes is a register.
Teres wrote:"Don't mind the organic translator. It messes up now and then. Hi, my name is Teres. I'm looking for a spare suit of armor, some arrows, a language translator, and an energy pistol with some E-Clips. Also looking for some Lemurians. I need to make contact with them on business. Not to bounty hunt or injure them, just talk. Wondered if you could help us or point us to someone who can help.”
It takes Teres a few stumbling tires to get what she wants out, but the man seems to understand her. He smiles and gets up from his chair.

”Morning. Of the things you asked for, the only thing I may have is the Language Translator. We don’t sell weapons or Armor to outsiders. Let me look in the electronics box to see if I have one.” The man says as he wanders off towards a shelf in the store that does most definitely have a pile of loose electronic devices in it. A few moments of rummaging, and the man comes back holding something. ”I have one, I can sell it to you for three thousand.” The man says.

”As for Lemurians, they come here infrequently, mostly to talk with the managers. Something about food production. I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time one of them was here though. Not really something I pay attention to. So I guess if you can convince the managers that you’re worth talking to, they may know more.” The man says.

Sense Evil. No one present seems to register as evil.
See Aura. All the auras present are very normal for the kind of folk that they’re attached to.
Tracking. Not really what this skill is for, also is this the Tracking (People) skill or the Tracking Animals Skill?
Detect Ambush. There are plenty of potential ambush sites around, given the jumbled nature of the building and the odd style of architecture. Calvin doesn’t think anyone is trying to ambush the group though.
Demon/Monster Lore. The Tavern Keeper is most definitely a demon, she rules the Tavern with an iron fist.
Magic Lore. No magic is sensed, so none can be observed.


The Tavern is much like many eateries in the days before the Rifts. A small area that is the kitchen, and storage, with a dozen or so tables with stools under a patchwork sailcloth awning. The tables are littered with bottles of sauces and cups of chopsticks. Working the tavern seems to be a middle aged woman who barks orders to a younger male who appears to do a bulk of the cooking, while she does prep work.
Calvin wrote:"We're out of sight and out of mind, so it's best I cast some spells now. With this incantation, you would be able to comprehend all spoken languages for about 10 minutes. Of course, we're gonna eat, but more importantly, let's find out what's going on here, especially with respect to the Lemurians… "Why don't you find a place where it would be opportune for us to listen to the most number of people. I'll go get the food. I'm gonna try the congee, what would you like?"
Toshiko" wrote:"Useful, though ten minutes is not a long time. It isn't taxing to cast, I hope… I think I'll try whichever it is that smells of curry, Let me know how much it costs, so I can pay you back at some point. I'll find us a spot I can hear everything from, don't worry."
Calvin wrote:"I can do that spell around 10-11 times before I'm cashed. Rufus has got the same spell, but since he's a better mage, his spell lasts longer... That sounds good. I'll let you know how much it costs. Both of these dishes look pretty good. I should've asked for little bowls so we can share. I got a bit more cash, you notice anyone eating anything interesting that you wanna try?... My radio's not agreeing with me today. Would you please get a message out to the group and tell them we are eating here?"
Toshiko wrote:"Thank you. I think this will do us well. No need to overeat on accident, regardless of how nice it smells or tastes... Of course. It gives me a chance to make sure I know the team's frequency."
Toshiko wrote:"Toshiko checking in. Calvin and I are getting food at the tavern, listening to see if we can't pick something up about Lemurians from idle chatter. That's what your group's looking for right? Let us know if you need us. We'll ping you if we get something interesting... Sorry for the noise earlier. Calvin tried to call in, but something malfunctioned on his mike. Took a look at it and managed to clear it up; using it now to talk. We'll take a better look when we get back to the ship."
Toshiko wrote:"No need to let them think you can't work a radio. Now, what do I owe you for the curry?"
Colt wrote:Roger that. I am headed your way. I am hungrier than a goat with a tapeworm. This whole platform is amazing.
Rufus wrote:“Rufus here. Roger that, Toshiko. That’s definitely what we’re looking for. Ultimately we’re looking for one of their floating cities called ‘Gamu.’ I’m sorry we haven’t given all the details yet; we’ll have to rectify that before the day’s out. I’m on my way to the dockmaster’s, so between all of us we should sniff out any leads that might be here. And tell Calvin not to worry -- mic malfunctions happen to the best of us.”
Calvin and Toshiko converse, order food which is not exactly top of the line cuisine, but is certainly not bad either, and listen. The conversations of the twelve sailors currently enjoying food here at the tavern, a small hole in the wall with only outdoor seating under a large sailcloth awning. The conversations among the Sailors are generalized as such.

”We’re shipping out in two hours, if we don’t hurry we’re gonna get in trouble.”

”There’s a monkey and a fox having breakfast. That is not something you see everyday.”

”If Ismail doesn’t stop slacking off, Captain is gonna dump him off the boat one way or another.”

This is the general feel of the conversations. Mostly centered on there own business, or the oddity that is the new comers, who don’t exactly blend in so well.

A minute or two later, Colt arrives. Colt sees a dozen or so people of sailor stock, eating breakfast and Calvin and Toshiko sitting at a table. To which he sits down.
Colt wrote:"Any of these dishes you recommend?.. So what are you crazy kids up to after this?"
Intelligence. (looking for military trained sailors and boats among those docking.)
Jason has a hard time telling what manner of training the sailors or the villagers have, because he has no reference that equates. The assumption that the military is the only ones to demand perfection out of their people is a falsehood Jason is gonna have to shake. To him all the sailors seem military as they do their tasks with efficiency.
Undercover Ops (looking for anyone who is trying to hide what they are)
No one seems to not be what they seem they are, but given Jason is only watching them at a distance he has everything going against him to identify a possible undercover agent.


Jason spends some time looking at the ships, None of them seem to be military, but in this world even the civilian vehicles are armed. None seem to be flying any military flags Jason is familiar with. Having watched the ships for a little bit, Jason decides to have a heart to heart with Jessie. He finds her sitting at the kitchen table with Igor, and Vladamir. They appear to be eating breakfast together. When Jason approaches, and tells Jessie he’d like to speak with her, she excuses herself and takes the conversation onto the deck of the ship.
Jason Long wrote:"Jessie, I apologize for not taking the time to speak with you much. Until this trip, I misunderstood what you are. Please remember that I come from a world where there is no magic. The gods, as they are known here, either don't exist, are powerless, or are not interested in the material world. When Dhaltuun first summoned you, I didn't see you, or Vlad for that matter, as actual sentient beings."
Jessie listens but doesn’t respond as she seems to know Jason has much more to say.
Jason Long wrote:"I am not sure what I thought that you were. It may have been how you were used, like I would use a drone or a robot back home. Since then, I have realized that you are a self aware, sentient being. Some of the things you said regarding Dhaltuun, leads me to believe that you are also a servant of his god, Njord. I spoke with Dhaltuun briefly about this before he was taken. I feel a need to serve and some being to serve."
Jessie continues to listen, nodding along with the conversation.
Jason Long wrote:"As a member of the Army of the Southern Cross, I served my unit, the 1st of the Ninth Armored Cavalry Division, South American Sector of the Army of the Southern Cross, United Earth Defense Force. Our duty was to protect the Earth against alien invaders and those who would abuse Robotechnology."
Jessie seems to be keeping up with the conversation, if she’s confused, she sure isn’t showing it.
Jason Long wrote:Robotechnology is an advanced science that allows machines far in advance of other Earth science. I allows ships the size of cities to cross from one part of the galaxy to another almost instantly. Mecha, what the call robot vehicles here, that respond faster than anything I've seen here. Anyway, where was I... Well, being a part of that organization was a large part of my identity. Now I am here. There is no military hierarchy worth attaching myself to. The Coalition States are the kind of military I would fight against for their abuses"
Jessie just shakes her head.
Jason Long wrote:" I find myself leading a small team. Which is actually what I was trained to do. I was a corporal back home, so I led half the 1st squad. But I have no one to report to. No guiding authority. It is something that I feel I need. Do you know how someone connects with a deity and seeks a patron? If not, can you point me in the right direction. I make a poor sailor and have no great love for the sea, so Njord would be a poor fit."
Jessie sighs. ”Apology accepted.” Jessie says.

”It’s obvious you have a lot to learn about this world and your place in the multiverse. I won’t tell you that a chunk of what you think is generally wrong, because it’s not harmful to anyone and unimportant in the scheme of things.” Jessie says before taking a seat at the helm.

”Njord is not for everyone, and I am surprised you folks put up with Dhaltuun’s proselytizing for as long as you did. I would say you need a more ground based faith, but not literal ground. I’ve had months to observe the group, given Dhaltuun rarely had me do anything outside of a fight, and even then it was mostly to do his inane ideas. You are a man of action, but have a strong sense of justice, if I were to offer someone from my own parthenon, I would suggest seeking out Tyr. He is a man of defending the weak and offering justice. Some would suggest Thor, but he’s more for those who know nothing but violence.” Jessie says, grabbing a bottle of water and sipping it down.
”You’ve met at least two honest god worshipers that I know, but one of them was Dhaltuun. The other was Brom, he very much is a priest of Odin, not that they’re on speaking terms, but that’s between the two of them. Maybe Frigga would be a good choice for you, Brom seemed to think so.” Jessie says pointing to the talisman given to him by Brom. ”Goddess of Marriage” Jessie says with a smirk.

”Give me a day to commune, I think I can get something for you.” Jessie says.

It takes Rufus a few minutes to find the dock master’s office, or what equates to it. He finds a small shack on the docks where the sailors seem to visit in some manner of deference. The shack isn’t much bigger than ten feet square, contains a desk, and three chairs. A couple of shelves behind the desk are cluttered with bric-a-brac. Behind the desk sits a different man than the one who greeted the Templar earlier in the morning. He’s just on the edge of old with gray in his short black hair. The man looks up as Rufus enters, if Rufus being a D-Bee bothers him, he doesn’t seem to show it. ”Morning.”
Rufus wrote:“Good morning, friend! I’m from the ‘Sea Templar’ down in Berth Seven that arrived last night. We were checked in by a friendly looking person in overalls with a clipboard. Didn’t get his name, but he said that credits were an acceptable form of payment here so I’d like to go ahead and pay for a week’s mooring in advance if that’s okay. I’m not sure just yet if we’ll actually be staying that long, but if we do I’ll be happy to pay for longer when the time comes.”


The man looks Rufus up and down, before looking down to his papers. ”He said you declared no cargo, so the fee is minimal. Seven hundred credits for a week.” The man says, taking Rufus’ card and slotting it into an absolutely ancient looking reader on his desk.
Rufus wrote:“While we’re chatting… our last stop was a coastal village about 36 hours or so sailing (if the mileage was marked he’ll give that as well) east/southeast of here. Looks like it was attacked and pretty much razed to the ground a couple weeks ago, but we didn’t find any survivors or bodies -- just three castaways who were there by accident... Didn’t know if you folks knew about the village or had any relationship with them, but figured at the very least give a warning that slavers could be in the area. Is there anyone specific that I should report this to, or are you sufficient?


The man frowns. ”I know of the village, which was a family of fishermen, probably twenty five or so. A shame. Nau’tyll are riled up this season it seems.” The man says making a note on a piece of loose paper. ”I’ll send this to the bosses today. We’ll keep an eye out I guess.” The man says, obviously showing signs of having been told similar information before.

Rufus wrote:”Also… we’re looking for a Lemurian floating city, or at the very least for some Lemurians we could talk to. Someone at one of our previous stops said you folks here in Sunnoco might have had a few stop by, or at least that someone who has met some might stop by here. Would you know anything about either one? Anything at all?”


The man chuckles. ”Know them, yes. Could I tell you where any of them are, no. I think you’re on an impossible task, the Lemurians don’t tell anyone where their islands are. As for Lemurians, they do stop by infrequently, mostly to talk to the village elders about the plants. Lemurians use… What is it called… Bio-Technology, so they don’t have much use for oil or gasoline. But they do offer some rather hardy plants, which we do grow here. I will be honest with you, you’d have better luck finding more of them west of here.” The man says. ”I could call up and see if one of the elders will talk to you, but I doubt you’ll get a whole lot more information.” The man concludes.

What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 278/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days), Fly as the eagle, Invisibility.
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Colt: P.P.E.: 14/14, I.S.P.: 42/42, H.P.: 30/30, S.D.C.: 72/72
Armor: T-25 Uber Super-Exoskeleton 200/200
Conditions:
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD
Conditions:
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: [roll]1d100 < 49%[/roll]
JIC: [roll]1d100[/roll]|[roll]1d20[/roll]

(OOC: Rewind)
Rufus wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:26 pm "Well, prijatelj, we're a very long way from Merctown but if what you're saying is true then you've succeeded in finding an ethical and morally compatible group..." the kankoran nods. "So that’s at least one thing marked off the ‘to-do’ list.”
"Thank you. I look forward to being your brother in arms..." Calvin trails off, looks out to the sea and smiles.

(OOC: To the present hour)
Rufus wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:26 pm
He keys his own mic. “Rufus here. Roger that, Toshiko. That’s definitely what we’re looking for. Ultimately we’re looking for one of their floating cities called ‘Gamu.’ I’m sorry we haven’t given all the details yet; we’ll have to rectify that before the day’s out. I’m on my way to the dockmaster’s, so between all of us we should sniff out any leads that might be here. And tell Calvin not to worry -- mic malfunctions happen to the best of us.”
He's gonna make fun of me about this for the next week isn't he.
Toshiko Hayashi wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:22 pm With that, she closes the channel, waiting a few beats for a response. Either after said response, or if there is none, she'll pass it back to Calvin and give him a smile. "No need to let them think you can't work a radio. Now, what do I owe you for the curry?"
With a weak smile, Calvin says:

"I assure you, he already knows. Not much gets by that guy. He's been real nice to me, though. Food is 20 creds. You can get me the next time."
Colt Carson wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:54 am Roger that. I am headed your way. I am hungrier than a goat with a tapeworm. This whole platform is amazing.

After a few minutes Colt enters the Tavern and takes a seat with his new friends. Seeing food, he looks up at his companions and inquires, "Any of these dishes you recommend?" He scans the Tavern to see if anyone looks interesting. So what are you crazy kids up to after this?
When Colt enters the restaurant, Calvin waves to him to get his attention. As he sits down, Calvin responds:
"They have three things. A porridge served with fish. I'm eating a chicken rice congee, it's not too spicy but it's got a lot of stuff in it. And Toshiko is eating flatbread with chicken curry. All of the food is pretty good. Runs about 20 creds a dish."
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pm
Sense Evil. No one present seems to register as evil.
See Aura. All the auras present are very normal for the kind of folk that they’re attached to.
Tracking. Not really what this skill is for, also is this the Tracking (People) skill or the Tracking Animals Skill?
Detect Ambush. There are plenty of potential ambush sites around, given the jumbled nature of the building and the odd style of architecture. Calvin doesn’t think anyone is trying to ambush the group though.
Demon/Monster Lore. The Tavern Keeper is most definitely a demon, she rules the Tavern with an iron fist.
Magic Lore. No magic is sensed, so none can be observed.
Leaning back a bit and turning his head, Calvin says:
"Well, the kitchen manager is a demon. She's not supernatural evil or anything, just a demonic boss. Her helper does most of the work while she yells at him."
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pm ”We’re shipping out in two hours, if we don’t hurry we’re gonna get in trouble.”
”There’s a monkey and a fox having breakfast. That is not something you see everyday.”
”If Ismail doesn’t stop slacking off, Captain is gonna dump him off the boat one way or another.”

This is the general feel of the conversations. Mostly centered on there own business, or the oddity that is the new comers, who don’t exactly blend in so well.
"Most of these sailors here are on a tight schedule and are just grabbing some grub before heading out. Nothing too unusual. We are also the topic of conversation here, apparently Toshiko and I kinda stick out. Not a place that non-humans traffic through regularly, apparently."

"Well at least we went through the tavern and we got fed good."

"Sir. Colt, you're a cyberknight, if you could answer some questions for me? What is an Oil Rig? What does it do? Where do they get the oil from? And would you think it opportune to take a look-see around and find out what kind of business goes on around here?"

"If I can't find something interesting about the Lemurians here, at least I can learn something interesting, period. My mom told me stories about a biologist who travelled the seas studying birds and turtles. Maybe I can be bit more like that guy when I'm not gearing up for a fight. If I can keep my mind occupied, I wouldn't drive Rufus insane when we're on shift..."

Calvin waits for a response.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Store guy wrote:Morning. Of the things you asked for, the only thing I may have is the Language Translator. We don’t sell weapons or Armor to outsiders. Let me look in the electronics box to see if I have one.” The man says as he wanders off towards a shelf in the store that does most definitely have a pile of loose electronic devices in it. A few moments of rummaging, and the man comes back holding something. ”I have one, I can sell it to you for three thousand.” The man says.
She pays the 3000 for the Translator to put it on. It would be useful later to listen to audiobooks and music she gets from here that North American translators could not handle. It would make local communication for a few languages easier. It was good to know outsiders were limited in weapons and armor purchases. At least they have a good sense of security.
Store guy wrote:As for Lemurians, they come here infrequently, mostly to talk with the managers. Something about food production. I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time one of them was here though. Not really something I pay attention to. So I guess if you can convince the managers that you’re worth talking to, they may know more.” The man says.

1d100: [42] = 42
1d100: [65] = 65



"Thank you for the help. I have a friend who was saved and this job is a payback for saving his life. So anything is helpful. Is there a particular manager you know of that might help us by chance?" She smiles and passes the man 100 extra credits for the information. Hmm, Babel fish worked on the first attempt she thinks happily.
After buying the translator and outside of the store:
Radio: basic 1d100: [53] = 53 /60%
So now to find the managers she thinks as she taps her radio, "I have a lead if we can find a manager and convince them to recommend us. Alternatively, they might give us the name of Lemurian we can call. Also for those looking to buy they do not sell weapons or armor to outsiders or at least outsiders like me." It was an idea and one that could easily be implemented.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [4*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [54] = 54

Conditions:
- Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining
- Sustain: 4 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pmThe man frowns. ”I know of the village, which was a family of fishermen, probably twenty five or so. A shame. Nau’tyll are riled up this season it seems.” The man says making a note on a piece of loose paper. ”I’ll send this to the bosses today. We’ll keep an eye out I guess.” The man says, obviously showing signs of having been told similar information before.
Rufus nods sadly. "I thought as much. We encounterd some Nau'tyll back on... what was the name again? Oh yes, Enggano. I take it they're a pretty common problem then?" If so, we've likely not seen the last of them... he adds grimly.
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pmThe man chuckles. ”Know them, yes. Could I tell you where any of them are, no. I think you’re on an impossible task, the Lemurians don’t tell anyone where their islands are. As for Lemurians, they do stop by infrequently, mostly to talk to the village elders about the plants. Lemurians use… What is it called… Bio-Technology, so they don’t have much use for oil or gasoline. But they do offer some rather hardy plants, which we do grow here. I will be honest with you, you’d have better luck finding more of them west of here.” The man says. ”I could call up and see if one of the elders will talk to you, but I doubt you’ll get a whole lot more information.” The man concludes.
Rufus shrugs. "You may be right, friend, but we're on this 'impossible task' because our employer saved our comrade's life and we're doing what we can to pay off that debt... so we have to try." Repressing his near-overriding temptation to ask more about the bio-technology as well as the Lemurian agriculture (though he does make a mental note to follow up on that last part before they leave), he adds, "We would greatly appreciate it if you could ask the elders, please. We're willing to pay for said audience and/or information, of course -- we don't have a lot by way of barter but we're happy to pay in credits, services, any information we might have that might interest them. And if you have need of lumber for building, my companions and I could provide some as well."

Teres' voice crackles in his ear -- not the one with the fish -- causing Rufus to startle a bit. "My apologies, I have a call. I'll only be a moment." He takes a couple of quick steps away to focus on her message.
Teres Barton wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:44 am"I have a lead if we can find a manager and convince them to recommend us. Alternatively, they might give us the name of Lemurian we can call. Also for those looking to buy they do not sell weapons or armor to outsiders or at least outsiders like me."
He sighs softly. Od's blood, we've only just got here -- why is she already asking about buying weapons? 'No no, we're just good-natured wanderers looking to make friends and purchase instruments of mass violence. Nothing suspicious here.'

He keys his radio. "Then I guess it's a good thing we're here for information and not ammunition, ja?" he chuckles. "Dockmaster here's saying much the same. He's offered to call up to the elders to see if we can get a meeting. They're likely to want to charge for the meeting, so let's start thinking about what we can offer in case the credits won't be enough. Rufus out."

((Radio: Basic -- 1d100<87: [84*] = 1 ))

He turns back to the dockmaster. "Sorry about that. Yes, we'd definitely appreciate any inquiries you'd be kind enough to make on our behalf, and as I said we're happy to pay what we can for the privilege. If you hear back from them please feel free to send for us at our boat -- there will be someone there around the clock. Thank you for your time, sir."

He returns to the boat and checks to see who's still on board at the moment. "Dockmaster's going to call up and see if one of the elders is willing to talk to us. If we get a nibble they're going to send word here, so hopefully we'll have company pretty soon."
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rufus wrote:He keys his radio. "Then I guess it's a good thing we're here for information and not ammunition, ja?" he chuckles. "Dockmaster here's saying much the same. He's offered to call up to the elders to see if we can get a meeting. They're likely to want to charge for the meeting, so let's start thinking about what we can offer in case the credits won't be enough. Rufus out."
(Rolls maintained)
"What can I say? Some women buy shoes, others collect hairstyles. I prefer practical items like Bows, Axes, Energy pistols, and armor." she chuckles as she responds, "If we can get a manager to give a name and recommendation we may avoid that fee and get a better response. if Lemurians are as secretive as they say a name and recommendation will help a lot. Once I get back to the ship we can sort that fee which may not be money." she answers.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 / 36%
JiC d100: 1d100: [18] = 18 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [14] = 14
Sunnoco people wrote:”We’re shipping out in two hours, if we don’t hurry we’re gonna get in trouble.”

”There’s a monkey and a fox having breakfast. That is not something you see everyday.”

”If Ismail doesn’t stop slacking off, Captain is gonna dump him off the boat one way or another.”
Toshi's ears flick as she listens to the various conversations, though she keeps their motions to a minimum in case anyone might notice her listening in, especially those paying attention to her. As she each, she can't help but smile. Sounds like my first few weeks in the Republic. Kankoran aren't too common here either, it seems. I wonder if America has a good number. It's where Rufus is from, after all.

Once Colt joins in, the vixen lets the two converse, not interrupting just yet. She doesn't have to, as the group's radio goes off.
Teres wrote:"I have a lead if we can find a manager and convince them to recommend us. Alternatively, they might give us the name of Lemurian we can call. Also for those looking to buy they do not sell weapons or armor to outsiders or at least outsiders like me."
Rufus wrote:He keys his radio. "Then I guess it's a good thing we're here for information and not ammunition, ja?" he chuckles. "Dockmaster here's saying much the same. He's offered to call up to the elders to see if we can get a meeting. They're likely to want to charge for the meeting, so let's start thinking about what we can offer in case the credits won't be enough. Rufus out."
Teres wrote:"What can I say? Some women buy shoes, others collect hairstyles. I prefer practical items like Bows, Axes, Energy pistols, and armor." she chuckles as she responds, "If we can get a manager to give a name and recommendation we may avoid that fee and get a better response. if Lemurians are as secretive as they say a name and recommendation will help a lot. Once I get back to the ship we can sort that fee which may not be money." she answers.
Toshiko listens in, not bothering to respond on the radio with clutter, given that the food-group hasn't found out anything important just yet.
Colt wrote:He scans the Tavern to see if anyone looks interesting. "So what are you crazy kids up to after this?"
Calvin wrote:Leaning back a bit and turning his head, Calvin says:
"Well, the kitchen manager is a demon. She's not supernatural evil or anything, just a demonic boss. Her helper does most of the work while she yells at him.

"Most of these sailors here are on a tight schedule and are just grabbing some grub before heading out. Nothing too unusual. We are also the topic of conversation here, apparently Toshiko and I kinda stick out. Not a place that non-humans traffic through regularly, apparently."
The samurai nods, and once Colt has responded to Calvin's question on oil rigs, she speaks up herself, "It sounds like once we're done eating we'll be due a meeting, if we can pay for it. Would be a shame for this stop to be a dead end for the Templar's search." She glances down to her empty bowl, and half-portion of flatbread remaining. "Food was nice, though."
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls Held Over)

Calvin listens intently to the radio as well. He sighs:

"Those two seem to have an understanding of who is in charge and who to ask for things. At least they got something."
Toshiko wrote: The samurai nods, and once Colt has responded to Calvin's question on oil rigs, she speaks up herself, "It sounds like once we're done eating we'll be due a meeting, if we can pay for it. Would be a shame for this stop to be a dead end for the Templar's search." She glances down to her empty bowl, and half-portion of flatbread remaining. "Food was nice, though."
"We did an equipment buy just from our last pit stop a week ago. We don't have much money. I don't know. We might have to do some work."

"Food's decent. Definitely doing this again. Colt, are you good to go? Jason probably heard this as well as we did. We should all be in the same spot when discussing pooling our resources. Let's head back to the boat."

Without further ado, Calvin finishes the last of his food and gets up. Catching glances from curious folks, he thinks to himself:

Definitely need some kind of disguise going forward. I can ill afford to stick out like this.

On the way back, Calvin becomes a bit more wary of his surroundings.

Well you'd think coming from a flotilla of boats staffed with helpful crabs, the rest of the sea would be used to stranger sights... Best be on the look out then...

Detect Ambush: 1d100 < 50: [11] = 11 : PASS

Calvin walks briskly, keeping his eyes and ears open as they head back to the Sea Templar.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: April 29, 111 PA, 8:40 AM (20 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Teres hands over the credits for the Refurbished Portable Language Translator (Added to sheet, Credits deducted. ~Consumer)
Teres Barton wrote:"Thank you for the help. I have a friend who was saved and this job is a payback for saving his life. So anything is helpful. Is there a particular manager you know of that might help us by chance?"
The clerk shakes his head. ”Nope, I don’t really get to deal with them.You’ll have to ask around, maybe someone else can help you.” The Clerk says.

Teres’ departure from the shop is followed by her using the radio.
Teres Barton wrote:"I have a lead if we can find a manager and convince them to recommend us. Alternatively, they might give us the name of Lemurian we can call. Also for those looking to buy they do not sell weapons or armor to outsiders or at least outsiders like me."
Calvin, Toshiko, and Colt sit at the tavern eating breakfast and conversing. They are close to finishing their meal when they see Teres leave the General Store, given the visitor’s area isn’t particularly big. The trio converse and eventually make their way back down to the boat to join in the conversation there.

Rufus continues his conversation with the Dockmaster.
Rufus wrote:"I thought as much. We encounterd some Nau'tyll back on... what was the name again? Oh yes, Enggano. I take it they're a pretty common problem then?"
The man shrugs. ”Every few years they get overly aggressive, so it’s not a constant thing.” The man says with a sigh.
Rufus wrote:"You may be right, friend, but we're on this 'impossible task' because our employer saved our comrade's life and we're doing what we can to pay off that debt... so we have to try... We would greatly appreciate it if you could ask the elders, please. We're willing to pay for said audience and/or information, of course -- we don't have a lot by way of barter but we're happy to pay in credits, services, any information we might have that might interest them. And if you have need of lumber for building, my companions and I could provide some as well."
The man nods. ”I can ask.”
Rufus wrote:"My apologies, I have a call. I'll only be a moment."
The man waves Rufus away to make his call. Rufus sees the Dockmaster pick up a landline telephone as he steps away to address Teres.
Rufus wrote:"Then I guess it's a good thing we're here for information and not ammunition, ja?.. Dockmaster here's saying much the same. He's offered to call up to the elders to see if we can get a meeting. They're likely to want to charge for the meeting, so let's start thinking about what we can offer in case the credits won't be enough. Rufus out."
When Rufus returns, the man nods.
Rufus wrote:"Sorry about that. Yes, we'd definitely appreciate any inquiries you'd be kind enough to make on our behalf, and as I said we're happy to pay what we can for the privilege. If you hear back from them please feel free to send for us at our boat -- there will be someone there around the clock. Thank you for your time, sir."
”One says they’ll be down shortly.” The man says, as Rufus makes his way back to the boat.

On the boat the Templar have gathered. A few minutes later an old man in a similar jumpsuit as the others arrives. ”Someone wanted to speak to me about Lemurians?”

(GM Note: While I assume Teres also went to the boat, there is no actual mention of it, just that she left the General Store.

Calvin, if Colt answered your questions, I don’t know due to him not posting. I can tell you that he likely doesn’t know anything about offshore oil rigs though ~Consumer


What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 278/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days), Fly as the eagle, Invisibility.
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Colt: P.P.E.: 14/14, I.S.P.: 42/42, H.P.: 30/30, S.D.C.: 72/72
Armor: T-25 Uber Super-Exoskeleton 200/200
Conditions:
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD
Conditions:
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d100 < 49: [52] = 52
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [45] = 45
Consumer wrote: Calvin, if Colt answered your questions, I don’t know due to him not posting. I can tell you that he likely doesn’t know anything about offshore oil rigs though ~Consumer
(OOC: I thought he had Pre-Rifts history. I don't think Anthropology is enough. Either way it was worth a try. Maybe the Elder would be patient with Calvin's questions)
Consumer wrote:
”One says they’ll be down shortly.” The man says, as Rufus makes his way back to the boat.

On the boat the Templar have gathered. A few minutes later an old man in a similar jumpsuit as the others arrives. ”Someone wanted to speak to me about Lemurians?”
Trust/Intimidate: (Trust) 1d100 < 35%: [36] = 36
Charm/Impress (Charm) 1d100 < 60%: [76] = 76

Arriving at the boat, Calvin was surprised to meet the old man. Turning to Rufus, Calvin raises an eye brow. Wow that was quick.

In his enthusiasm, or perhaps the sun has fried the last bit of his sense and sensibility, Calvin steps up and attempts to speak first.
Putting on his best manners, Calvin attempts to ask questions as courteously as possible:
"My good sir, thank you for meeting us on such short notice. Thank you for having us. We have been tasked to reach Gamu station for an errand by our patron."

Calvin suddenly remembers his place. I probably should have let Jason or Rufus speak first. That was a faux pas.

Fuck it. Let's just be out with it.

Finding his courage again, Calvin says: 'We haven't had much luck garnering information. We have been hopping from settlement to settlement, and if we are lucky, we find a place to cool our heels. If we are not, the settlement we reached would have been torched to the ground with nary a survivor. We could use all the help we can get.'

Argh... well I hope all I get is a talking to...

Calvin waits for a response.
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [29] = 29

"The longer version is a friend of ours was saved from a certain death by a doctor. The doctor requested a mission to get to the floating city of Gamu and retrieve something in return. Our friend's savior seems like a decent fellow so we accepted." she added, "As explained due to to the secrecy of Lumerians info is scarce. I am told the managers here deal with them and hoped one could put in a good word and get us in contact with the Lumerians." she finished. I hope this guy is a manager and is willing to help. she thinks as she gauges his response.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [57*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [54] = 54

Conditions:
- PPE: 278/303
- Invisibility Ring: 2/3 charges remaining
- Sustain: 4 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:39 am”One says they’ll be down shortly.” The man says, as Rufus makes his way back to the boat.
"Thank you very much for your time and effort, my friend. Have a nice day!" Rufus bows in thanks before departing the office.
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:39 amOn the boat the Templar have gathered. A few minutes later an old man in a similar jumpsuit as the others arrives. ”Someone wanted to speak to me about Lemurians?”
If Rufus sees the old man approach the boat, he'll quickly cast Tongues on himself just in case their fishy accoutrements aren't quite up to the task. Otherwise he'll just rely on his and only cast if it appears they're floundering (pun intended, naturally).
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:20 pmArriving at the boat, Calvin was surprised to meet the old man. Turning to Rufus, Calvin raises an eye brow. Wow that was quick.
It's not hard to understand the meaning behind the raised simian eyebrow, but one doesn't look a gift ox in the mouth. Rufus just shrugs and gives Cal a half-grin before giving the old man a courteous bow.

Charm/Impress: 1d100<40: [82] = 0
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1 d100<25: [79] = 0
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:20 pm"My good sir, thank you for meeting us on such short notice. Thank you for having us. We have been tasked to reach Gamu station for an errand by our patron. We haven't had much luck garnering information. We have been hopping from settlement to settlement, and if we are lucky, we find a place to cool our heels. If we are not, the settlement we reached would have been torched to the ground with nary a survivor. We could use all the help we can get."
Teres Barton wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:10 am"The longer version is a friend of ours was saved from a certain death by a doctor. The doctor requested a mission to get to the floating city of Gamu and retrieve something in return. Our friend's savior seems like a decent fellow so we accepted. As explained due to to the secrecy of Lumerians info is scarce. I am told the managers here deal with them and hoped one could put in a good word and get us in contact with the Lumerians."
Yes, and that's about as long of a version as we need to give for the time being, Rufus nods. Not that we're actively trying to keep secrets, of course.

Rufus clears his throat. "And we understand that the information may be... sketchy... at best, so even something vague like 'try 2 days' sail west of here' would help immensely. Ah, but where are our manners? My apologies. We are the Templar, recently arrived to these waters. I am Rufus, and my companions are Calvin, Teres, Vlad, Jessie, Jason, Colt, Toshiko, and Rory." He will also include Igor if he's still on board the boat (though likely he's ponied up for his passage -- hopefully -- and made his exit by now).

"We also understand that such information can be valuable -- and honestly, it is for us as we're trying to return the favor Teres mentioned -- so we're willing to earn it if necessary and if possible."

He glances around at the others who have thus far not spoken up, just in case they want to add anything to the conversation.
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [96] = 96 %
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [61] = 61

((Babelfish: 1d100: [32] = 32 ))
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100: [6] = 6 % ))

Jason remains with the boat on guard while the others canvas the rig for information and gear. He thinks about what Jessie told him. Goddess of marriage?? They have got to be joking! He gets a sudden picture in his head of a wedding with Bonaparte standing there in battloid mode with the 105 extended, 'if anyone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your piece' the 105 swings to point at anyone who looks like they are about to speak. Anyone watching hears a loud bark of laughter from Jason in reaction to the image. I can't see it. Tyr though. Dammit, I just don't have enough intel... He shakes his head and remains on watch until the rest of the team get back.

"Any luck?", he calls as they come aboard. He listens to what they have to say and is considering any reports when the old man arrives,
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:39 am ”Someone wanted to speak to me about Lemurians?”


As the others chime in, Jason mentally kicks himself. Serves me right, being distracted. He nods as Rufus says his name during the introductions.

"Sir, would you like to come aboard and have a seat while we talk? Our boat isn't large, but it would be more comfortable than standing around the dock. " If he consents, Jason welcomes him aboard and leads him back to the seats by the helm. He motions for the man to have a seat and then sits after the old man. "May I know you name, sir? " if he gives it, Jason will use it while speaking with him. "My companions have explained to you the nature of our mission. I have little to add, other than my oath to you, that the Templar will hold any information in the strictest confidence. "
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: April 29, 111 PA, 8:45 AM (5 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"My good sir, thank you for meeting us on such short notice. Thank you for having us. We have been tasked to reach Gamu station for an errand by our patron... We haven't had much luck garnering information. We have been hopping from settlement to settlement, and if we are lucky, we find a place to cool our heels. If we are not, the settlement we reached would have been torched to the ground with nary a survivor. We could use all the help we can get."
Teres Barton wrote:"The longer version is a friend of ours was saved from a certain death by a doctor. The doctor requested a mission to get to the floating city of Gamu and retrieve something in return. Our friend's savior seems like a decent fellow so we accepted… As explained due to to the secrecy of Lumerians info is scarce. I am told the managers here deal with them and hoped one could put in a good word and get us in contact with the Lumerians."
Rufus wrote:"And we understand that the information may be... sketchy... at best, so even something vague like 'try 2 days' sail west of here' would help immensely. Ah, but where are our manners? My apologies. We are the Templar, recently arrived to these waters. I am Rufus, and my companions are Calvin, Teres, Vlad, Jessie, Jason, Colt, Toshiko, and Rory... We also understand that such information can be valuable -- and honestly, it is for us as we're trying to return the favor Teres mentioned -- so we're willing to earn it if necessary and if possible."
Jason Long wrote:"Sir, would you like to come aboard and have a seat while we talk? Our boat isn't large, but it would be more comfortable than standing around the dock... May I know you name, sir?.. My companions have explained to you the nature of our mission. I have little to add, other than my oath to you, that the Templar will hold any information in the strictest confidence. "
The old man stands quietly as the Templar each speak in turn, looking towards the speaker in turn. When the Templar has said it’s peace, the old man clears his throat. ”Halo, dan selamat datang di Sunnoco. Jadi Anda mencari Lemurian, sulit jika mereka tidak memilih untuk bertemu dengan Anda.”
”Well hello, and welcome to Sunnoco. So you are seeking the Lemurians, a tall order if they do not choose to meet you.”
The old man says as he slowly begins pacing the dock near the Sea Templar.

”Aku menghargai tawaran istirahat di kapalmu, tapi sayangnya aku harus menolaknya. Aku mempunyai banyak tugas yang harus dilakukan hari ini, dan jika aku sudah mencari istirahat, aku tidak akan pernah bisa menyelesaikan apa pun.”
”I appreciate the offer of rest on your boat, but sadly I must decline.I have many tasks to do today, and if I already seek rest, I will never get anything done.”
The old man says, looking towards Jason Long.

”Saya Bulan, salah satu tetua desa. Saya biasanya berurusan dengan Tukang Kebun Lemurian ketika mereka berkunjung. Saya pikir Anda mungkin bingung mengenai hubungan kami dengan Lemurian. Kami hanya singgah di rute yang mereka lalui setahun sekali di sini. Kami tidak memanggil mereka.”
”I am Bulan, one of the elders of the village. I normally deal with the Lemurian Gardeners when they visit. I think you may be confused as to our relationship with the Lemurians though. We’re just a stop in a route they take once a year here. We do not call them.”
Bulan says, looking at the Templar.

''Saya dapat memberi tahu Anda, bahwa Anda akan memiliki peluang lebih besar untuk bertemu dengan individu Lemurian di barat, mereka tampaknya hanya datang ke sini dengan mudah. Alasan mereka tidak saya ketahui. Saya mungkin menyarankan Port Moresby, kemungkinan beberapa minggu perjalanan ke selatan dan barat untuk Anda dengan kapal ini.”
”I can tell you, that you would have a better chance of meeting individual Lemurians to the East, they seem to only lightly come this way. Their reasons are unknown to me. I would maybe suggest Port Moresby, likely a few weeks travel south and East for you in this vessel.”
Bulan says.

”Apakah ada hal lain yang bisa saya lakukan untuk Anda?”
”Is there anything else I can do for you?”
Bulan finishes.

Jessie watches the conversation unfold, but doesn’t add anything to it at this time. If one were to guess, Vlad is down in the crew quarters, and Igor is just returning from the visitor level, his hands in his pockets.

(GM Notes: I am assuming Calvin uses the Tongue’s spell, or the old man has no idea what he is saying. ~Consumer)

What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 278/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days), Fly as the eagle, Invisibility.
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Colt: P.P.E.: 14/14, I.S.P.: 42/42, H.P.: 30/30, S.D.C.: 72/72
Armor: T-25 Uber Super-Exoskeleton 200/200
Conditions:
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD
Conditions:
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 / 36%
JiC d100: 1d100: [29] = 29 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [13] = 13
Rufus wrote:Rufus clears his throat. "And we understand that the information may be... sketchy... at best, so even something vague like 'try 2 days' sail west of here' would help immensely. Ah, but where are our manners? My apologies. We are the Templar, recently arrived to these waters. I am Rufus, and my companions are Calvin, Teres, Vlad, Jessie, Jason, Colt, Toshiko, and Rory." He will also include Igor if he's still on board the boat (though likely he's ponied up for his passage -- hopefully -- and made his exit by now).
Toshiko is silent as the Templars give their explanations. She hadn't pressed too far into the details of why they were looking for Lemurians in the first place. To return a favor is a good reason, especially if it was one that saved a life. Respectable. She does, however, raise an eyebrow at her inclusion by Rufus, as well as Colt's. Still, she keeps quiet. I suppose it makes sense to appear unified. 'Templars and guests' has less of a ring to it.

The elder's responses are completely intelligible to the fox woman. The spell cast on her has long since passed, and once again the words of those from Sunnoco are gibberish to her. She does her best to try and pick common phrases and sounds out, but she is no linguist, able to do no more than detect the general patterns of speech.

Once any other questions have been addressed and the elder has left, Toshiko looks to the Templar closest to her. "I don't mean to pry," she asks, "But may I ask as to what the elder said to us in return?" If she is provided a translation, she nods. "A named destination seems better than what you've been doing before. I can't say I'm not glad in part for your wandering, given it allowed Colt and I to be rescued, but I imagine that has made things difficult."

Turning specifically to Teres. "You spoke of this being a favor for a doctor? If what you say is true, then I am all the more glad to be paying my travel by aiding you all." I don't know how much I'd be helping them if their task to find Lemurians was less pleasant than they've let on.
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d20 < 52%: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [53] = 53

Present Conditions:
Alter Aura (2 hours and change left)
Tongues (9 minutes left) (-12 PPE)
Thanks Consumer
for letting me retroactively cast it
Consumer wrote: The old man stands quietly as the Templar each speak in turn, looking towards the speaker in turn. When the Templar has said it’s peace, the old man clears his throat.

"Well hello, and welcome to Sunnoco. So you are seeking the Lemurians, a tall order if they do not choose to meet you."

"I appreciate the offer of rest on your boat, but sadly I must decline.I have many tasks to do today, and if I already seek rest, I will never get anything done."

"I am Bulan, one of the elders of the village. I normally deal with the Lemurian Gardeners when they visit. I think you may be confused as to our relationship with the Lemurians though. We’re just a stop in a route they take once a year here. We do not call them."

"I can tell you, that you would have a better chance of meeting individual Lemurians to the East, they seem to only lightly come this way. Their reasons are unknown to me. I would maybe suggest Port Moresby, likely a few weeks travel south and East for you in this vessel."

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"
Calvin quickly relays what was spoken by Mr. Bulan to Toshiko:

"The Lemurians don't call upon the port except once a year, and Sunnoco is part of a route that the Lemurians come through. The authorities here do not initiate contact the Lemurians."

"If we are to find the Lemurians, we should try and go East and South to a place called Port Moresby."

Calvin ponders quickly to himself:

Maybe if he will review why the Lemurians come through, what they do while they are here? Is it business dealings, trade perhaps? Is there anything more to that? Do both parties have some kind of intelligence transfer between the going-ons of the area? Maybe he could explain to me what this place is?

Calvin says this in a self-deprecating tone.

"Mr. Bulan, first and foremost, thank you for pointing us to a better lead. We really appreciate it.

I do apologize, but if you could answer some questions for me, I would be most obliged. What do the Lemurians do when they come here, does Sunnoco trade? And this floating village, I know your inhabitants call it an 'oil rig', but where does one 'rig oil' in the middle of the sea? And do the Lemurians buy oil from you folks? What gets traded around here?
"

Laughing at himself, he says:
"I apologize, I'm just a stupid monkey that fell out of the sky a week ago and I am just trying to understand better the numerous cultures I have already came into contact with."

Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 < 35: [80] = 80
Charm Impress: 1d100 < 60: [32] = 32
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [12] = 12
Bulan wrote:”I am Bulan, one of the elders of the village. I normally deal with the Lemurian Gardeners when they visit. I think you may be confused as to our relationship with the Lemurians though. We’re just a stop in a route they take once a year here. We do not call them.”
"Non-sense. You have helped us more than we expected and that is the important part. I would ask you one favor if there was a name of a Lemurian you know or if we can use your name as reference. I would understand if did not want too. Thank you for your time and speaking with us." she says getting off the boat smiling warmly shaking hands with him should he accept her offered hand. He saved us looking at a dead lead that alone will save us weeks of time. she thinks then turns her attention to the Samurai.
Toshiko wrote:Turning specifically to Teres. "You spoke of this being a favor for a doctor? If what you say is true, then I am all the more glad to be paying my travel by aiding you all."
"The rest of them know Leo better than I do so they can tell you about him better than I can. That friend of ours is Leo, a Juicer. In case you do not know what a juicer is they are chemically enhanced warriors that lives a short life of five years or so because of the treatment. I am not sure if you have them where you come from. The doc saved him from the last call so we owed him and that is why we are here," she answers hearing Toshiko speak looks to her as she re-boards.

Gonna need more fuel, food and engine parts. We can probably store the fuel on the boat hull where it can be dropped or in an armored box so it has less chance of getting hit by stray Plasma or Energy bolts. Holes in boat are enough to contend with. Once our guests leaves we can sort that detail easy enough. she thinks.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [4*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [47] = 47

Conditions:
- PPE: 278/303
- Invisibility Ring: 2/3 charges remaining
- Sustain: 4 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


Rufus nods along as Elder Bulan shares his knowledge (little it may be) about Lemurians and where they may likely be found. It's not much, but it's still more than I was realistically expecting. Guess our plan of going east from here was the right call after all.
Teres Barton wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:17 pm
Bulan wrote:”I am Bulan, one of the elders of the village. I normally deal with the Lemurian Gardeners when they visit. I think you may be confused as to our relationship with the Lemurians though. We’re just a stop in a route they take once a year here. We do not call them.”
"Non-sense. You have helped us more than we expected and that is the important part. I would ask you one favor if there was a name of a Lemurian you know or if we can use your name as reference. I would understand if did not want too. Thank you for your time and speaking with us."
"Indeed," Rufus nods. "You may not think it's much, but the truth is that you know far more about them than anyone else we've encountered so far... and this 'Port Moresby' is the most solid lead anyone's had. So as Teres said, you've helped us a great deal -- and for that, we're extremely grateful. Thank you!" He gives the elder a slight bow. "Is there anything we can do to show our gratitude? Any repairs or services you're in need of that we might be able to provide? Do you perhaps have a need for lumber?"

------------------------------------

After the elder leaves, Rufus goes over to the map table and starts looking. "Okay, here's where we are now... and Port Moresby's off to the east, somewhere, right? ... yikes... that's WAY to the east, all right... hoo boy."

Astronomy & Navigation -- 1d100<87: [7*] = 1
Astronomy & Navigation 2nd attempt just in case -- 1d100<87: [14*] = 1


He looks up from the map. "The bad news is he wasn't exaggerating; Port Moresby is quite a ways away and it'll take a good long while to get there. The good news is that it looks like we can hug a lot of coastlines between here and there and won't have to cross too much open water. Plus there may be some coastal settlements along the way where we might be able to check for more information."

He rolls the map back up. "I've paid for our moorings for the coming week, so we've got a few days before we have to either leave or pay for more time. I suggest we spend a couple days stocking up as well as we can -- food, water, fuel, replacement engine parts, that sort of thing -- not to mention enjoying the hospitality of Sunnoco. It may be quite a while before we see 'proper' civilization again."
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [27] = 27 %
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [90] = 90

Skills:
((Navigation—91% / 1d100: [49] = 49 % )) plotting the course to Port Moresby
((Mathematics: Basic--108% / 1d100: [14] = 14 % )) figuring out the average time it will take to get there by sail, by motor, and how much fuel it would take.

Jason listens to Bulan respectfully. Port Moresby...I remember seeing it on the chart, that's a long sail... He is about to ask a question when Calvin's question derails his train of thought..
Calvin_Wallace wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:39 pm I know your inhabitants call it an 'oil rig', but where does one 'rig oil' in the middle of the sea?
Jason turns to stare at the ape. "You're joking, right?" He looks around at the others to see if any of them are as surprised as he is. He then shakes his head... different universe, but how else do they get oil for fuel? If Bulan doesn't answer Calvin, Jason chimes in, "Oil rigs are drilling platforms. They drill into the sea bed and deep underground to find crude oil. They then pump it to the surface to be processed into lubricants and fuels. They are strong enough to withstand hurricanes. "

After the others finish speaking with Bulan, Jason thanks him. "We are indebted to you for the assistance. It is our first true lead since we've arrived. Before you go, would you be able to suggest where we might contact someone in Captain Nemo's New Navy?" Jason thanks Bulan again, whether he has information or not.

Once Bulan leaves, Jason looks at the chart with Rufus. That is a long trip... He turns to Jessie. "It looks like several more weeks. Is there anything that the boat needs to make such a journey? Is there anything that you would like to get? I'll cover it, within reason. " Jason will also check with Vlad.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

((rolls held over))
Jason Long wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:44 pmJason turns to stare at the ape. "You're joking, right?" He looks around at the others to see if any of them are as surprised as he is. He then shakes his head... different universe, but how else do they get oil for fuel? If Bulan doesn't answer Calvin, Jason chimes in, "Oil rigs are drilling platforms. They drill into the sea bed and deep underground to find crude oil. They then pump it to the surface to be processed into lubricants and fuels. They are strong enough to withstand hurricanes. "
Rufus shrugs slightly. "In all fairness, you're probably the only one of us who's familiar with the idea. Sunnoco's the only offshore platform I've ever seen of any kind; there isn't much in the way of offshore... well, anything really... between Lazlo and MercTown."
Jason Long wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:44 pmOnce Bulan leaves, Jason looks at the chart with Rufus. That is a long trip... He turns to Jessie. "It looks like several more weeks. Is there anything that the boat needs to make such a journey? Is there anything that you would like to get? I'll cover it, within reason. " Jason will also check with Vlad.
Rufus raises an eyebrow as he begins to get an idea. Yes... yes, I think I might want to do some shopping here after all.
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

((rolls held over))

Calvin first listens to Jason and sighs. In a non confrontational tone, he responds to Jason:

"I don't mean to flaunt my ignorance. There's no real oil anywhere where I am from. Most of us dig up solar panels from the ruins and have electricians recycle parts from them. Barring that, the most stable energy source I've been around has been wind and techno-wizardry stuff. I grew up cooking with charcoal and having a fireplace hearth in the middle of our house. I don't mean to embarrass you, I just want to know what's going on."

"I guess we talk to someone who knows sailboat engines and how to repair them, maybe do a full diagnostic before we leave? If they are not gonna sell us weapons and armor, we could always stock up on meds and health supplies. If we don't use them, they could be traded if we need a favor down the road? I could stand to get some reading material when I am not on duty too."
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: April 29, 111 PA, 8:50 AM (5 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"Mr. Bulan, first and foremost, thank you for pointing us to a better lead. We really appreciate it. I do apologize, but if you could answer some questions for me, I would be most obliged. What do the Lemurians do when they come here, does Sunnoco trade? And this floating village, I know your inhabitants call it an 'oil rig', but where does one 'rig oil' in the middle of the sea? And do the Lemurians buy oil from you folks? What gets traded around here?... I apologize, I'm just a stupid monkey that fell out of the sky a week ago and I am just trying to understand better the numerous cultures I have already came into contact with."
Bulan nods. ”Oh, mereka tidak datang untuk berdagang, mereka datang untuk memastikan tanaman kami tumbuh dengan baik dan memberi kami benih dan bibit baru untuk ditanam. Sedangkan untuk anjungan minyak, merupakan ciptaan sebelum terjadinya bencana, ia mengambil minyak dari permukaan laut dan kami mengolahnya menjadi produk yang dapat digunakan, sebagian besar dilakukan secara otomatis. Kami adalah keturunan kru yang berhasil melewati tsunami dan badai kiamat.
”Oh they don’t come to trade, they come to ensure our plants are growing well and give us new seeds and seedlings to work with. As for the oil rig, it is a creation from before the calamities, it draws oil from the seas surface and we process it into usable products, a great deal of it is automated. We are the descendants of the crew who weathered the tsunamis and storms of the apocalypse.”

Teres Barton wrote:"Non-sense. You have helped us more than we expected and that is the important part. I would ask you one favor if there was a name of a Lemurian you know or if we can use your name as reference. I would understand if did not want too. Thank you for your time and speaking with us."
Bulan again nods his head. ”Saya tidak dapat memberi Anda informasi itu.”
”I am not able to give you that information.”

Rufus wrote:"Indeed, You may not think it's much, but the truth is that you know far more about them than anyone else we've encountered so far... and this 'Port Moresby' is the most solid lead anyone's had. So as Teres said, you've helped us a great deal -- and for that, we're extremely grateful. Thank you! Is there anything we can do to show our gratitude? Any repairs or services you're in need of that we might be able to provide? Do you perhaps have a need for lumber?"
Bulan nods once more. ”Untuk percakapan sederhana, tidak ada apa-apa. Nikmati waktu Anda di sini.
”For a simple conversation, nothing. Enjoy your time here.”

Jason Long wrote:"We are indebted to you for the assistance. It is our first true lead since we've arrived. Before you go, would you be able to suggest where we might contact someone in Captain Nemo's New Navy?"

Bulan looks to Jason. ”Sudahkah Anda mencoba mengirimkannya melalui radio? Mereka sering berkunjung ke sini, tapi itu hanya untuk kapal mereka yang lebih tua.”
”Have you tried radioing them? They visit here every so often, but that is really only for their older ships.”


Bulan makes his leave and the Templar continue to converse about things. Igor approaches Jason. ”No one here is taking on passengers, so I will travel with you till Port Moresby?” Igor says in broken heavily accented english.

Jessie speaks up after Igor makes his way down into the cabin. ”We’re gonna need more fuel, we’ve barely used any at this point, but I doubt you folk want to spend more weeks sailing to just one point.” Jessie says, pausing. ”Vlad also says that the food could use some topping off. And given this place seems to have fresh produce, not a bad idea.” Jessie finishes.

Distance from Sunnoco Village. Approx 4,300 miles
Time to travel: By Sail only: 25.5 days (0 Fuel Used)
By Engine only: 14.9 days (1,290 gallons of Fuel used)
Hybrid Sail/Engine: 22.6 days (814 gallons used)


What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 278/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days), Fly as the eagle, Invisibility.
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Colt: P.P.E.: 14/14, I.S.P.: 42/42, H.P.: 30/30, S.D.C.: 72/72
Armor: T-25 Uber Super-Exoskeleton 200/200
Conditions:
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD
Conditions:
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 36%
JiC d100: 1d100: [20] = 20 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [20] = 20

Toshiko doesn't have much to say or add to the discussion on the Lemurians - she is more in the dark than most everyone else there. Rather, she politely waits to the side, and saves what few questions she does have for after the elder leaves.
Rufus wrote:He looks up from the map. "The bad news is he wasn't exaggerating; Port Moresby is quite a ways away and it'll take a good long while to get there. The good news is that it looks like we can hug a lot of coastlines between here and there and won't have to cross too much open water. Plus there may be some coastal settlements along the way where we might be able to check for more information."

He rolls the map back up. "I've paid for our moorings for the coming week, so we've got a few days before we have to either leave or pay for more time. I suggest we spend a couple days stocking up as well as we can -- food, water, fuel, replacement engine parts, that sort of thing -- not to mention enjoying the hospitality of Sunnoco. It may be quite a while before we see 'proper' civilization again."
Toshiko frowns a touch at the news, though she doesn't say anything. I had expected a long trip, but to have them be worried about the time, I can't help but wonder how long I'll be away from my home. She closes her eyes, thinking back on her last few days in Japan. She doesn't reminisce about that time for long, however, as she returns to the current world and gets up, the Kankoran's eyes landing on Calvin.

"It looks like we'll be getting to try more of the food here," she says, a touch of mirth coming back to her expression.
Jesse wrote:Jessie speaks up after Igor makes his way down into the cabin. ”We’re gonna need more fuel, we’ve barely used any at this point, but I doubt you folk want to spend more weeks sailing to just one point.” Jessie says, pausing. ”Vlad also says that the food could use some topping off. And given this place seems to have fresh produce, not a bad idea.” Jessie finishes.
The samurai nods, looking to the others. "How much fuel does this vessel hold? Will it be enough to get there comfortably, or will we need to split our time sailing and running off of the engine?" With her major questions out of the way, she smiles at Jessie. "Would Vlad like recipes as well from here? I can see if we can't get some from the tavern while we're getting food supplies."
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d20 < 52: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [53] = 53

As Bulan turns to leave, Cal thanks him for his time and patience for answering his questions.

Once Bulan leaves the ship, Calvin follows the rest of the crew as they gather and discuss their future plans.

(OOC: Bulan is off the ship. The group is taking turns looking at the maps on the ship, together.)
Rufus wrote: He looks up from the map. "The bad news is he wasn't exaggerating; Port Moresby is quite a ways away and it'll take a good long while to get there. The good news is that it looks like we can hug a lot of coastlines between here and there and won't have to cross too much open water. Plus there may be some coastal settlements along the way where we might be able to check for more information."

He rolls the map back up. "I've paid for our moorings for the coming week, so we've got a few days before we have to either leave or pay for more time. I suggest we spend a couple days stocking up as well as we can -- food, water, fuel, replacement engine parts, that sort of thing -- not to mention enjoying the hospitality of Sunnoco. It may be quite a while before we see 'proper' civilization again."
We can get all the fuel and food we need, but we should also ask about possible places to resupply. I think we need to figure out where to and where not to sail too.

"Rufus, you spoke to the folks that run the docks, right? Maybe they'd be open to giving us locations for other trading posts along our route? It couldn't hurt to ask. I can go do that next."

"I'd love to find out more about places to avoid as well. You know, which parts of the sea has rough waters this time of year or big giant monsters that lurk below the waves. While I ask around about who could give the engine an inspection, I might be able to get that information as well."

"The deal is, this place doesn't see too many non-humans running around. People were staring at me and Toshiko while we were eating. I can start at the dock's office first, but if I were to mingle around in the visitors area, I'd like Colt or Teres to come with. I'd stick out less that way."

"Shopping wise, I don't know anything about fishing or fishing gear, but it would probably help a great deal if we could find some food while we're travelling."

"Oh by the way, Rufus, why'd you ask about the New Navy? Who are they? You think they'd help us out?"
Toshiko wrote: Toshiko frowns a touch at the news, though she doesn't say anything. I had expected a long trip, but to have them be worried about the time, I can't help but wonder how long I'll be away from my home. She closes her eyes, thinking back on her last few days in Japan. She doesn't reminisce about that time for long, however, as she returns to the current world and gets up, the Kankoran's eyes landing on Calvin.

"It looks like we'll be getting to try more of the food here," she says, a touch of mirth coming back to her expression.
Calvin turns to Toshiko and replies:

"Indeed. We might want to figure out where the non-humans hang out too. There are so many places that are cordoned off here. Maybe that's something else I can ask around about?"

Calvin turns back to the rest of the group:

"Anybody else got anything?"

Calvin waits for a response.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [100] = 100
Calvin wrote:The deal is, this place doesn't see too many non-humans running around. People were staring at me and Toshiko while we were eating. I can start at the dock's office first, but if I were to mingle around in the visitors area, I'd like Colt or Teres to come with. I'd stick out less that way."
"Have you tried using the fact that you stick out? That may get some of the more helpful to open up to you more easily. They might be more curious about you or eagerness to get rid of you politely by assisting you. The bar may open up to you because you have been there already. If I remember Colt went with you? I would recommend take Colt or another with better at diplomacy than I at least. I am blunt and direct and that is a good way to start brawls." she replies. Perhaps if the locals do not know them they may give help more willing. Even that shop keep I purchased the language translator from was a bit defensive about me. I may not be the best diplomat so better to stick to someone that I do not need to make new introductions to. she thinks.
Calvin wrote:"Shopping wise, I don't know anything about fishing or fishing gear, but it would probably help a great deal if we could find some food while we're travelling."
"It looks like we'll be getting to try more of the food here," she says, a touch of mirth coming back to her expression.
"We tried to picked up some bow fishing and fishing gear at the Crabman Flotilla. I can look into getting some fishing and hunting gear we need while I check the general store for supplies. Jessie or one the others with deep sea fishing experience could give me a list or I can ask the general store if they lack that experience. I think he may also be the one to buy engine parts and I did see him dig around some electronics that may be needed." Teres adds thoughtfully unsure if she had gotten any. regardless I have that magical reel I can attache to the bow and use on that. the psi druid thinks and refocuses.

"As for food this is the ideal place for it. Bulan said grow it or trade for it here. They may have extra they can sell. another options is vitamins to help supplement our food if we need too." she looks to Jessie and Toshiko.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

(Rolls held over)
Teres Barton wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:37 am
"Have you tried using the fact that you stick out? That may get some of the more helpful to open up to you more easily. They might be more curious about you or eagerness to get rid of you politely by assisting you. The bar may open up to you because you have been there already. If I remember Colt went with you? I would recommend take Colt or another with better at diplomacy than I at least. I am blunt and direct and that is a good way to start brawls." she replies. Perhaps if the locals do not know them they may give help more willing. Even that shop keep I purchased the language translator from was a bit defensive about me. I may not be the best diplomat so better to stick to someone that I do not need to make new introductions to. she thinks.
Calvin ponders to himself:

I suppose if we are here for just another week, exploiting passive-aggressive social awkwardness to serve as some kind of social lubricant might work... Nonetheless, I would have to think on what I would have to say... This type of 'coercive' interaction doesn't exactly come natural to me.

Calvin first replies to Teres:
"Alright then, I'll think on what I have to say to get what we need."
Teres Barton wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:37 am "We tried to picked up some bow fishing and fishing gear at the Crabman Flotilla. I can look into getting some fishing and hunting gear we need while I check the general store for supplies. Jessie or one the others with deep sea fishing experience could give me a list or I can ask the general store if they lack that experience. I think he may also be the one to buy engine parts and I did see him dig around some electronics that may be needed." Teres adds thoughtfully unsure if she had gotten any. regardless I have that magical reel I can attache to the bow and use on that. the psi druid thinks and refocuses.
Addressing Teres and then Rufus, Calvin says:
"Alright then, if you want to handle finding availability and prices, perhaps Rufus, you could come back later and help Teres close the deal?"
Teres Barton wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:37 am "As for food this is the ideal place for it. Bulan said grow it or trade for it here. They may have extra they can sell. another options is vitamins to help supplement our food if we need too." she looks to Jessie and Toshiko.
Calvin says to Jason:
"My arithmetic isn't any good. At optimal conditions, sailing 24/7 with a crew round the clock, with diesel engines going full, how much fuel would we need? Could we figure out how long the trip would take? From there we could ascertain how much food we will need up front optimally, then price for 20% more and between that and Rufus's 'Sustain' invocation, hopefully would tide us through the bumps we would encounter along the way. We should go do some window shopping, get a shopping list together and make a sensible budget."

Calvin waits for a response.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Calvin wrote:Calvin first replies to Teres:
"Alright then, I'll think on what I have to say to get what we need."
"I pretty sure you'll be fine. every crowd has a few people that help everyone even strangers. find that person and you should get along fine." the Psi-Druid says. I am from a place that shoots mages and runaway mutants on sight, and yet I am comfortable around this group. So there should be one or two here like me. plus most bar tenders I knew back in Lonestar were pretty good people. she thinks to herself.
Calvin wrote:Addressing Teres and then Rufus, Calvin says:
"Alright then, if you want to handle finding availability and prices, perhaps Rufus, you could come back later and help Teres close the deal?"
"If I need Rufus to help I will call him. I already bought a language translator from general store so I have established a dialog." she says.
Calvin wrote:"My arithmetic isn't any good. At optimal conditions, sailing 24/7 with a crew round the clock, with diesel engines going full, how much fuel would we need? Could we figure out how long the trip would take? From there we could ascertain how much food we will need up front optimally, then price for 20% more and between that and Rufus's 'Sustain' invocation, hopefully would tide us through the bumps we would encounter along the way. We should go do some window shopping, get a shopping list together and make a sensible budget."
"The key is to get foods that are good for long trips and are going to be helpful. fairly tasty, compact and some fresh fruits and veggies. But you are correct, how much and how we store fuel is the big factor. Perhaps inflatable tanks so they take up less space empty should be used. We can also fill them up if given an opportunity. I would consider protecting that fuel as well. If we get a stray shot hitting the fuel. That is a fire that water will only spread and get bigger faster. so a nice safe place that is out of the way in an armored box or in a spot we can rinse off release safely from the boat would be ideal." she offers looking to Calvin and Rufus.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [79] = 79 %
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [23] = 23


Teres Barton wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:16 am Calvin says to Jason:
"My arithmetic isn't any good. At optimal conditions, sailing 24/7 with a crew round the clock, with diesel engines going full, how much fuel would we need? Could we figure out how long the trip would take? From there we could ascertain how much food we will need up front optimally, then price for 20% more and between that and Rufus's 'Sustain' invocation, hopefully would tide us through the bumps we would encounter along the way. We should go do some window shopping, get a shopping list together and make a sensible budget."
Jason looks at the numbers, 1290 gallons of fuel for the run, or 9159 pounds of fuel. The boat has a 300 gallon fuel tank, which is 2130 pounds of fuel, leaving 7029 pounds. We've got 4000 pounds worth of cargo space. Some of that it used up. We don't even have enough cargo space to carry enough fuel for a hybrid run. Which would only save 3 days. He breaks the news to the others before everyone runs off buying supplies. "If I ran these numbers right, we don't have enough capacity to buy enough fuel to be worth it. If we drop all extra gear, including that barrel of fresh water, we could carry enough fuel to save 3 days. This boat was never designed for long runs using the engine. Personally, I don't think its worth it. We aren't on a deadline, so let's get the gear we need to make this run safely. Food, extra lines, spare sails, enough fuel to top off the tank." He stops, wishing again he could call on a Beachmaster for transport, or any nuclear powered Sea Squad vessel for that matter. He also has a worrying thought...I need more cigars. I'll be running out before too long. He looks around at the group and their gear. "I would also suggest finding spare clothing. At least on my part, I didn't pack for a sailing trip. And with all of us in close quarters, a few bars of soap would be welcome.

Jason waits to see if anyone has other ideas.
Consumer wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:29 am Igor approaches Jason. ”No one here is taking on passengers, so I will travel with you till Port Moresby?” Igor says in broken heavily accented english.
"Fair enough, it won't be a quick trip though.

Once things are settled, Jason volunteers to find the gear for the boat. He then goes to every shop and stall in the town looking for cigars, appropriate sailing attire, soaps, wash cloths, and towels. If Jason can't find cigars, he will settle for a pipe and pipe tobacco.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: April 29, 111 PA, 9:05 AM (15 minutes has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
The group continues to talk among themselves, discussing the logistics of what they’re planning on doing. Rufus makes an Irish exit, which only Toshiko and Calvin notice. He seems to be making his way up to the visitor’s area, for what it’s worth.

The discussion has a lot to do with how long the trip will take and the sheer amount of fuel it would take to just make the trip. Given the Sea Templar doesn’t have the stowage capacity for that much fuel, talk moves to food stuffs, and other supplies, which may or may not be available via the village's only general store.

Up on the Visitor’s level, Rufus asks around the few folk milling about for some info. It appears his hunch may be right with several locations between the Village and Port Moresby having fuel. The only downside is that the folks speaking with him don’t have exact coordinates for the locations, but they suggest the dockmaster for such info.

Meanwhile Jessie heads below deck to what appears to be meditation, while Igor plays a game of solitaire at the table and Vlad cleans up from his breakfast dishes.

What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 278/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days), Fly as the eagle, Invisibility.
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Colt: P.P.E.: 14/14, I.S.P.: 42/42, H.P.: 30/30, S.D.C.: 72/72
Armor: T-25 Uber Super-Exoskeleton 200/200
Conditions:
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD
Conditions:
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
User avatar
Toshiko Hayashi
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Toshiko Hayashi »

Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 / 36%
JiC d100: 1d100: [36] = 36 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [15] = 15

Toshiko watches as Rufus makes his leave, raising an eyebrow at the other Kankoran. She doesn't say anything on it, however. If he feels he should leave then he can. She simply takes note of his direction in case they need to grab him for something. As the others figure out what to grab and who should grab what, the fox woman stays silent, not having much to add to the conversation she hasn't already added.

When people do make to do purchases, she gets up and heads out with Jason for the supplies he is after. If he gives her a looks, she gives him a small smile. "I am a passenger, and have agreed to help out for my passage. The least I can be is an extra pair of arms." Not much for me to do on the boat while at dock, anyways. I'm no sailor.

It also gives her a chance to keep an eye out around them. While Jason handles the purchase (given that he can actually talk with and understand the merchants), Toshiko keeps to the side with whatever purchases he hands off to her, watching for any activity watching them beyond having eyes on the non-human(s) in the group.

Partway through Jason's shopping, Toshiko thinks of something she might need if they're staying in the current area for a while longer. "Jason, is there a chance there are more translators for sale here? I believe that Teres mentioned she got one during the meeting. I will of course take care of the payment for it."
Last edited by Toshiko Hayashi on Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toshiko Hayashi
Samurai of nature and metal

H.P.: 28 / 28
S.D.C.: 42 / 42
AT-A14 Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet - 66 / 66 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 95 / 95 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 57 / 57 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 76 / 76 M.D.C.
Skill Modifiers
  • Prowl: -10%
  • All other physical skills: -15%
Features
  • All features standard to environmental armor.
  • Electromagnetic pads on back to which standard issue army rucksacks can be sealed.
  • Helmet has sound filtration and muffler system to protect against explosions and rail gun fire.
  • Thermo-imaging (2000' range).
  • Laser distancing and targeting sight (+1 to strike; 1000' range).
M.D.C. by Location
Head - None! Head is flesh & blood, and must be protected with M.D.C. helmets or power armor.
Main Body - 180 / 180 M.D.C.
Right Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Left Hand - 25 / 25 M.D.C.
Right Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Left Arm - 60 / 60 M.D.C.
Right Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Left Leg - 45 / 45 M.D.C.
Right Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Left Foot - 15 / 15 M.D.C.
Daisho
Paired Samurai Rune Sword Bonuses
  • +1 to initative
  • +3 to pull punch/sword strike
  • +1 attack per melee
  • +1 to all saving throws
Permanent Effects
Horror Factor: 10
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000'
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Motion Detector: Detects speeding objects within 500', people/things moving within 40', and sudden changes in air current/pressure.
Radiation Detector: Audibly sounds in radioactive zones, with a visual display of severity.
Radar Detection: Warning is transmitted when 'borg is scanned by radar.
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 / 39%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [74] = 74
List:
2-3 rods
Tackle
reels and lines for the bows and rods a total of 7-8 of them
Bow Fishing set up with Picatinny set up
Compound bow with Picatinny rails (and add rails to her regular bow as well)
Fishing Arrows for fishing and if needed hitting targets under water from the boat
Thermal tarp/Pancho (to dampen heat and thermal signature)
Thermal optic x2 (one for pistol and one for bow)
Night vision optic x2 (one for pistol and one for bow)

"I am headed to the general store see about those hunting and fishing supplies. if anyone wants to come along you are welcome to. I will ask about spare electronics and such. I'd hate to be out a few weeks and have no back ups. If the general store does not have what I need they should at least point me to the person I need to find it. We should be able to get food here as well. Jason, Jessie, Vlad Is there any specific items or preferred items you have for food or other items I should ask about?" Teres asks looking to them before starting to the general store.

As she does she take in the sites and details noting names of streets and the details of houses. A place like this could be more active with internal drama. It was a place that had fuel. A fact that made this a potential target to any power. Whether it was to destroy or use for espionage was the real question.

No power national or otherwise would want to control it directly with out good cause. It was like old bone near Quebec according to the few people she met from that region. Old bones was left alone to monitor 'rogue' elements and undesirables. It struck her as a good idea. It was a similar with the CS tolerating non-humans in their territory, This worked for both D-bees and CS. Like a herd that stays in sight of of the predators. There is the store. time to put on my nice person face. remember this guy is likely a civilian.

General store
Babble fish if needed:
1d100: [19] = 19 / 50%
1d100: [14] = 14 / 50%

Once at the store she ensures her language translator is working. She was getting bored and would prefer to be doing something that was productive. arriving at the general store she approaches the counter, "Hi how are ya? Names Teres I came for that language translator earlier. The Templar,the group I am with, and I are going to make a long trip. I was wondering if you had or knew who to ask about getting boat provisions, hunting gear, fishing gear and back up equipment like engine parts, electronics and fuel for good deal? I will need a few items as well:
-2-3 collapsible or retractable rods
-Tackle
-reels and lines
-Bow Fishing set up with Picatinny set up with quick release in case the lines get tangled.
-Compound bow with Picatinny rails (and add rails to her bow as well)
-Fishing Arrows for fishing and if needed hitting targets under water from the boat


"I was also curious if there is place to buy boats and ships around here?" she asks as polite and civil. I should be updating my bow with a better rail system anyway. the psi-druid thinks
Last edited by Teres Barton on Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:07 am, edited 7 times in total.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [90] = 90 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: 1d100: [3] = 3

Rory stretches and yawns. Not having to socialize with other people has been a nice rest for her, and she feels invigorated. A thought strikes her, and she makes her way to Jason.

"Excuse me, boss. I know we're looking ta get some supplies for the trip, and it jus' struck me that I have a spell that I haven't used in, well, what seems like forever. Almost forgot I had it. I can convert 40 or 50 gallons or water into wine, if we have a container fer it. If we can sell that wine for other trade goods, that'd be useful. Even if they don't want wine here, maybe there'll be somewhere along the way where it's useful fer trade. Might be worth getting a couple of 40 gallon barrels, if that's the case."

She pauses as she collects her thoughts.

"Another useful spell is the dimensional pocket spell. I've supplied a couple of three of them ta team members so far, and warned 'em all ta keep quiet about 'em. Nice ta have an ace in the hole. Not so useful if someone knows ye got it up yer sleeve. You're next, by the way."

She grins, then shrugs.

"Turning wood into megadamage material was useful back home, but ain't much use here unless Teres wants me ta make some heavy duty arrow fer that bow she's got. Anything else that makes stuff permanent-like, that uses more energy than I have on hand here. If we find a ley line, on the other hand, oh, now then I can make some stuff."

With her part said, she awaits his response.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 145/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rory wrote:"Turning wood into megadamage material was useful back home, but ain't much use here unless Teres wants me ta make some heavy duty arrow fer that bow she's got. Anything else that makes stuff permanent-like, that uses more energy than I have on hand here. If we find a ley line, on the other hand, oh, now then I can make some stuff."
before Teres leaves and awaiting a reply from others:
"I appreciate them and don't think I won't use those arrows. Wooden arrows tend to be fragile vs hard targets. I like the idea of easy to make MD material arrows." Teres adds as she listens.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with an overcoat
Legs: +12 with an overcoat
Main Body: +28 with an overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Calvin_Wallace
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Calvin_Wallace »

Perception: 1d100 < 52%: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [58] = 58

For Consumer's Reference

Shopping List prices look up notes:
Rope Per 20 feet: 15 credits
Liquid Fuel (Diesel): 2d4 credits per gallon (P. 27 Revised Source Book 1)

Teres Related:
Fishing Line Per 50 feet/15m: 5 credits (P. 182 GMG)
Fishing Net: 20 credits (P. 182 GMG)
Fishing Rod and Reel: 50 credits (P. 182 GMG)
Tackle Box: 20-40 credits (P. 182 GMG)

Rory Related:
Cask/Barrell prices:
Cask, Wooden, 4 gallons ( 1 5 liters): 30 cr.
Cask, Wooden, 1 0 gallons (38 liters): 40 cr.
Cask, Wooden, 25 gallons (95 liters): 60 cr.
Cask, Wooden, 50 gallons ( 1 89 liters): 100 cr.
Cask, Wooden, 100 gallons (378 liters): 170 cr. (P. 182 GMG)

Clothes:
Shoes Steel-Toed (60-200 Cr)
Survival Coat (150-200 Cr) (Gets cold on a boat)
Work Pants (35-60 cr)
Work Gloves (6-20 cr)
Ponchos (50-100 cr)
Wool Sweaters (100-160cr )
Work Coveralls (35-60 cr)
Flannel Shirt (35-50 cr)
Rain Suit (100-150 cr)
T-Shirt (6-20 cr)
Can we just say underwear costs 1 cr each (P. 182 GMG)

Could not locate the following prices:
Sails
Deterrgent/Soap (RPG book editors apparently didn't think this was important!)
Calvin listens intently to the group's discussion about purchases. He takes special notes on what Jason asked specifically, all the while keeping an ear out for what other team mates would require. We'll need to look for things that increase our ability to sustain ourselves. We might be at sea for weeks. I should also ask possible places for resupplying. Rufus was able to get pretty far asking the Dockmaster's office for this stuff, maybe I can do that too. I'd also like to ask about the New Navy, the attitudes towards non-humans, how to contact them, what we can expect when we run into them...

Calvin frowns at the thought. I can't believe I'm all the way out here and I _still_ have to worry about the random slights of random idiots. Sigh.

All of a sudden, Rufus takes off. Calvin eyes the Kankoran quizzically. Where the fuck are you going dude?

Turning to the group, he picks up the last request from Rory. He says:
"I'm heading to the dockmaster's office first, afterwards I'll pick up the things Jason asked us all to pick up. I'll keep an eye out for large caskets or barrels."

Without further ado, Calvin borrows one of the local sea charts and sets off first to the Dockmaster's office and approaches the nearest clerk. Finding his inner confidence and contemplating just how awkward he should make this engagement, he stops and thinks:

Why compel people to help when you can just ask nicely and be on your way...

Casting Tongues on himself just before he enters the office (-12 PPE), he centers himself once more:
I'm gonna ask these things:
1. We are sailing to Port Moresby.
2. Where are the slaver hot spots? We are looking to avoid them.
3. What is the known safe route? We are going through this strait right here. *points to Strait of Malacca. Is it safe to go through?
4. Where are known resupply spots along the way? Can we buy diesel there as well?
5. Where can we get food? Where are good places to hunt? Where should we fish? Where should we avoid fishing/lingering around?
6. Could someone tell him what the New Navy are about? An elder by the name of Bulan came by and answered some questions for us. He said we could radio the New Navy. Is there a standard frequency to reach them?
7. Are the New Navy friendly? What are their attitudes towards non humans?


Calvin takes a deep breath and approaches the clerk that manned the Dock Master's desk. He says:
(Trust/Intimidate 1d100 < 45: [97] = 97 )
(Charm/Impress 1d100 < 65: [8] = 8 )

"Excuse sir/mam, may I borrow you for some questions?"

"One of your elders, a Mr. Bulan, recently addressed our crew not long ago. We were looking for a Lemurian floating city and he directed us to Port Moresby."

"We are from a different part of the world and I was wondering if you could share some information with me, so that we may conduct our journey safely."

"We are primarily on a sail boat. We would like to avoid slaver hot spots if possible."

"If there is a busy route to Port Moresby where ships familiar with one another try and look out for one another, could you show me where it is on this map? Is there any part of this route we should take care to travel expediently through?"

"What are good spots to resupply on this route? What kind of game should we expect? Are there places to buy rations and food along the way? How about diesel?"

"We were told we could contact the New Navy via the radio by Mr. Bulan. One of our crew members located some clothing that belonged to a crew member, the settlement that we located these artifacts was destroyed, but we thought that the New Navy would want to know what happened to one of their crew. I don't actually know anything about them. Could you tell me? Are they hostile to non-humans?"

Calvin takes great care to ask his questions with a soft voice and employ a tone that indicated a mix of mild helplessness and embarrassment. If the clerk was not able to give him good answers to his questions, Calvin would follow up for a different reference. Finally, he would ask the clerk his name and bid him thanks. He would offer to buy the clerk lunch from the tavern as a gesture of gratitude.

Once he has his questions answered, Calvin will head to the visitors area and embark on finding the following:
  • 1 x Survival Coat
  • 2 x work pants
  • 2 x work gloves
  • 1 x work boots
  • 5 x t-shirts
  • 10 x pairs of socks
  • 10 x underwear
  • 1 x work coveralls
  • 1 x oversized sweater
  • 2 x flannel shirts
  • 1 x rain suit
  • Soap for washing clothes
  • Soap for washing humans or humanoids like himself
He will also look for large containers of liquids, specifically liquid to store water and wine
  • 2 x 50 gallon
  • 2 x 100 gallon
Last but not least, he will keep an eye out for the fishing gear Teres was looking for. Then he will head back to the ship with his shopping notes and report his findings.
Last edited by Calvin_Wallace on Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Calvin's sheet.
Calvin's favorite song.
Quick Stats:
P.P.E.: 145
I.S.P.: 57
M.D.C.: 231
Perception: 58% see rules here
Charm/Impress: 60%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Impervious to all Energy and Heat, Magic Fire, Ley Line Storms, Cold does half damage
Regenerates 1d6 x 5MDC every minute.

Code of Conduct of The Knights of TOWR:
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent
  • Champion justice and equality for all
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds
  • Destroy the Mystic Knights and their evil masters
  • Seek enlightenment, goodness and nobility
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most needed
  • Never betray a member of the OWR, never reveal the location of the camp under torture or threat of death
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Teres Barton wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:51 am "I appreciate them and don't think I won't use those arrows. Wooden arrows tend to be fragile vs hard targets. I like the idea of easy to make MD material arrows." Teres adds as she listens.
Rory nods and a quick smile flashes over her face.

"Consider it done."

She finds a place to sit, then casts Create Wood. Very quickly it creates four 6 foot long planks. She smiles ruefully.

"Sorry, this'll take a while."

She takes her time, trying to whittle/carve a 1' wide wooden plank into as many 1" wide arrows as she can without quite separating them from the plank. By the time she's finished, it has

Whittling: d100: 1d100: [77] = 77 / 50%

About an hour later, she sits back, mostly satisfied. She casts Ironwood on the wooden structure the plank has become, then takes out her vibroaxe. She carefully cuts through the now MDC sprues holding the prospective arrowshafts to the remainder of the plank. Once done, she looks over each of the shafts, and gives the best four to Teres.

"Here ya go. Most of 'em were a bit warped, but these four are straight. Not exactly sure what I'll do with the other sixteen lengths, but I guess that's a job fer future me, yeah?"

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 47/47
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 75/165

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<86: [46*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [91] = 91

Conditions:
- PPE: 278/303
- Invisibility Ring: 2/3 charges remaining
- Sustain: 4 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Consumer wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:51 pmRufus makes an Irish exit, which only Toshiko and Calvin notice. He seems to be making his way up to the visitor’s area, for what it’s worth.

Up on the Visitor’s level, Rufus asks around the few folk milling about for some info. It appears his hunch may be right with several locations between the Village and Port Moresby having fuel. The only downside is that the folks speaking with him don’t have exact coordinates for the locations, but they suggest the dockmaster for such info.
"Ahhhhhhh... that's so much better..." Rufus sighs to himself as he finally makes it out of the restroom. No way I was going to do that in the boat's tiny little head -- the smell would linger for days. The lingering question of how he even needed to spend time in the loo after having been under the effects of the sustenance spell is dismissed as he makes his way to the common areas.

As he makes his rounds asking about possible refueling stations between here and Port Moresby he starts asking about purchasing fuel (along with suitable tanks that can be stowed aboard the boat) and spare parts to service/maintain the boat's engine. I should have checked the engine before I left so I'd know specifically what we'd need, he shrugs to himself, but at least knowing what's generally available will be a plus. He also keeps an eye out for some gift ideas for Jessie and Vlad. They've been indispensable since Dhal first recruited them, but they've been largely ignored far too often. Well that ends today, he nods with determination.

Shopping List
Shopping list
1.) Fuel prices and general availability/costs of storage solutions (tanks, bladders, etc)
2.) General availability and cost of spare parts
3.) Something for Jessie -- most likely jewelry like a necklace or bracelet, nice but not too-over-the-top feminine as she doesn't seem to be that type of person. She actually seems like someone who'd most appreciate some kind of hand weapon, but since the village won't sell those to outsiders then jewelry it is.
4.) Something for Vlad -- as he's a hearth spirit he's content to spend most of his time on domestic duties, so maybe some nice cookware or something similar

Barter -- 1d100<64: [28*] = 1
Once he's found/purchased what he's after, Rufus heads down to the dockmaster's office and walks in on Calvin beating him to the proverbial punch. He gives Cal a nod and lets him finish to see what answers he might get.
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [30] = 30 %
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [51] = 51

Skills:
Research--77% / 1d100: [3] = 3 % - finding shopping items
Babelfish if needed 1d100: [52] = 52 %, 1d100: [98] = 98

List:
Sails or sailcloth
Patching supplies for sail(needles, line, awl)
Ropes sized to be spare lines
Tobacco (cigars or loose)
Pipe for loose tobacco
Diesel fuel, enough to top off the tank
sunscreen
shorts
2 light shirt
foul weather gear
sneakers.


While Jason is making his mental list, Rory walks over,
Rory wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:37 am "Excuse me, boss. I know we're looking ta get some supplies for the trip, and it jus' struck me that I have a spell that I haven't used in, well, what seems like forever. Almost forgot I had it. I can convert 40 or 50 gallons or water into wine, if we have a container fer it. If we can sell that wine for other trade goods, that'd be useful. Even if they don't want wine here, maybe there'll be somewhere along the way where it's useful fer trade. Might be worth getting a couple of 40 gallon barrels, if that's the case."

She pauses as she collects her thoughts.

"Another useful spell is the dimensional pocket spell. I've supplied a couple of three of them ta team members so far, and warned 'em all ta keep quiet about 'em. Nice ta have an ace in the hole. Not so useful if someone knows ye got it up yer sleeve. You're next, by the way."
Water into wine? where have I heard that before Jason is surprised that is a spell. Then again, its more surprising Dhaltuun didn't use it. "That sounds like an interesting ability. If we can find some containers and get them clean enough so the wine doesn't go bad, it could be a valuable trade item. I haven't checked to see what they drink around here, something different should sell well. I wonder if Rufus' cleansing spell would be enough to sanitize whatever you find. " a pocket that is bigger on the inside? , all kinds of options there "The pocket sounds amazing. Are the items in the pocket affected by anything outside? What about aging? Could it be used to preserve something?" Images of the perfect humidor flash through his head. That would be a waste of an amazing ability, a belt pouch that could fit the shotgun like a holster would be a better idea. Need to consider it "i'll need to think about where best to apply it though. I'll think while we are shopping. Thank you for the offer!"

Jason checks first around the docks for items for the boat before he heads to the store, hoping to find at least some of the gear. He asks at the docks and at the store if they know what channel the New Navy monitors. Since Calvin is already looking for some of the items, Jason adds to his efforts to look for things on both of their lists.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Dimension Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: GM/DM (The Templar, PW: Galactic Rogues, BTS:OGoA)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Sunnoco village.
Date: April 29, 111 PA, 10:05 AM (1 hour has passed.)
Weather: Outside: High 93°, Low 80°; Windy (16 mph).
Map
Mission Notes
Jessie, Teres, Colt (9 AM to 5 PM)
Jessie, Jason, Rory. (5 PM to 1 AM)
Rufus, Calvin, Toshiko.(1 AM to 9 AM)
Teres makes her way back to the general store. Like she left it less than an hour ago, it remains. The clerk looks up at the Psi-Druid as she approaches.
Teres Barton wrote:"Hi how are ya? Names Teres I came for that language translator earlier. The Templar,the group I am with, and I are going to make a long trip. I was wondering if you had or knew who to ask about getting boat provisions, hunting gear, fishing gear and back up equipment like engine parts, electronics and fuel for good deal? I will need a few items as well"
The clerk looks almost amused. ”Welcome back, we sell provisions, and I have some fishing things. You would need to go to the dock master for fuel though, all sales go through him for that. As for engine parts you’re gonna need to be more specific, we might have a few, but you’d also have to talk to Ti’Lin in the repair shop, as they deal with all foreigner mechanical needs.”
Teres Barton wrote:"I was also curious if there is place to buy boats and ships around here?"
The clerk laughs. ”No, nothing like that here. Unless one of the ship captains is selling, but I haven’t heard anything.” The clerk says.

Calvin, girded with a translation spell and the awkwardly large sea chart from the Sea Templar, heads into the dock master’s office and approaches the dock master’s office. A cluttered shack with shelves of bric-a-brac, a desk covered in papers and an ancient looking computer, and a chair. The man in the chair is of mixed asian descent, just on the other side of what one might consider old, his black hair graying. The man looks up as Calvin enters.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"Excuse sir/mam, may I borrow you for some questions?"
The man nods. ”What can I do for you?” He asks in return, a warm smile on his face. If he has a problem with D-bees, he certainly doesn’t show it.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"One of your elders, a Mr. Bulan, recently addressed our crew not long ago. We were looking for a Lemurian floating city and he directed us to Port Moresby."
The man nods sagefully. ”Port Moresby is a bit of a trip from here.” the Dock Master says.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"We are from a different part of the world and I was wondering if you could share some information with me, so that we may conduct our journey safely."
The man nods again. ”I can try, I only know what others tell me, as I don’t leave the village very often.” The Dock Master says.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"We are primarily on a sail boat. We would like to avoid slaver hot spots if possible."
”I wouldn’t be surprised, Slavers are a bane. I couldn’t tell you where they are based out of, as they’re not just one unified group. You have the Nau’Tyll, the Horune, the Splugorth, and pirates as well. Many of them live under the ocean’s surface.” The man says gravely.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"If there is a busy route to Port Moresby where ships familiar with one another try and look out for one another, could you show me where it is on this map? Is there any part of this route we should take care to travel expediently through?"
”A busy route, not really, we’re really only a popular place due to our ability to produce fuel cheaply. And most folk who stop here do so on a circuit coming from the otherside of the Philippines and making their way to ports on the African coast. You’ll find better shipping lanes closer to Port Moresby though, as a lot of people live in that area. As for ships helping each other out, that is really dependent on the ships crew and their allegiances. Many crews are opportunistic when given a chance.” The man says.
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"What are good spots to resupply on this route? What kind of game should we expect? Are there places to buy rations and food along the way? How about diesel?"
The man shrugs and points out a few spots on the map. ”These would be way stations set up by various groups in the area, you should be able to find some supplies at each one, but they’re likely to be expensive.” The man says. I’ll mark them on the map later. ~Consumer
Calvin_Wallace wrote:"We were told we could contact the New Navy via the radio by Mr. Bulan. One of our crew members located some clothing that belonged to a crew member, the settlement that we located these artifacts was destroyed, but we thought that the New Navy would want to know what happened to one of their crew. I don't actually know anything about them. Could you tell me? Are they hostile to non-humans?"
”We have rare dealings with them, from what I’ve overheard about them, they are no friends to the non-human. I don’t think they attack on sight, but they’re definitely not likely to be friendly to them. As for who they are, they’re sailors with technology from before the calamity. Led by a being known as Nemo-2. They defend their waters fiercely, which is useful to everyone in the area by default, but generally are out for their own survival.” The man says.

With no more questions, Calvin takes his leave and will then find himself in the visitor’s area once more, at the only store that could sell anything that he’s looking for. Inside is a Asian man wearing the same coveralls that he’s seen most members of this village wearing, though his are peeled down to only the waist and the sleeves are tied around him. The clerk looks up at Calvin when he enters. ”What can I do for you?”

Meanwhile on the Sea Templar, Rory is back to carving arrows with a pocket knife. This is a labor intensive task even with proper tools, and Rory has none of the ones that would make this job easier.
Having now watched several videos on the subject, to do the task with the tools listed on Rory’s sheet it will take hours if not days, to do this without proper wood working tools and at the very least a large enough area to do it in. ~Consumer
After an hour’s time Rory doesn’t have anything resembling an arrow yet, but there is sure a lot of kindling lying about now.

Rufus, Jason, and Toshiko meet up in their search for answers and material goods, and like most everyone else involved, they are directed from the Dock Master to the general store and the repair shop for their needs. Where they end up meeting Teres and Calvin. Jessie continues to meditate in the crew compartment, while Vlad continues cleaning. Igor continues to relax at the dining table. A few of the ships now laden with fuel, begin their departure heading west.

Teres’ Shopping List
2-3 collapsible or retractable rods They have 5 deep sea poles available, they are not collapsible. 300 credits a piece.
-Tackle A generic group of tackle in a small box. 150 credits
-reels and lines There are five deep sea reels available, 150 credits a piece. Fishing line is a credit per 10’
-Bow Fishing set up They do not sell any weapons to outsiders
-Compound bow They do not sell any weapons to outsiders
-Fishing Arrows They do not sell any weapons to outsiders
Calvin’s Shopping List
Survival Coat Available, 400.
2 x work pants Available, 100 credits each
2 x work gloves Available, 30 credits each
work boots Available, 400 credits each
5 x t-shirts Available, 20 credits each
10 x pairs of socks Available, 5 credits each
10 x underwear Available, 5 credits each
work coveralls Available, 100 Credits
oversized sweater Available, 100 Credits
2 x flannel shirts Unavailable.
rain suit Available, 200 Credits
Detergent Available, 30 Credits per box
Soap Available, 3 Credits per bar
2 x 50 gallon Metal Drum; Available, 300 Credits each
2 x 100 gallon Metal Drum; Available, 750 Credits each
Jason’s Shopping List
Sails or sailcloth Available, 40 credits/10’ square.
Patching supplies for sail(needles, line, awl) Available, 100 credits
Ropes sized to be spare lines Available, 30 credits/20 feet
Tobacco (cigars or loose) Available, 5 credits per cigar or ounce of loose tobbaco
Pipe for loose tobacco Available, 20 credits
Diesel fuel, enough to top off the tank 40 credits/gallon
Sunscreen Available, 4 credits
Shorts Available, 50 credits
2 t-shirts Available, 20 credits each
rain suit Available, 200 Credits
Sneakers. Available, 200 credits
Toshiko’s Shopping List
Language Translator Available; 2,000 credits
Rufus’ Shopping List
Fuel prices 40 credits/gallon
storage solutions Barrels; 50 gallon 300 credits, 100 gallon 750 credits
General availability and cost of spare parts Too generic of a question, parts for repairs are available, but they need to be more specific.
Something for Jessie: necklace or bracelet.,Nice Bracelet 100 credits, Nice Necklace: 300 credits
Something for Vlad: nice cookware. 300 credits for a new set of pans.


What are your Intentions?


Jason Long: P.P.E.: 6/6, H.P.: 49/49, S.D.C.: 52/52;
Armor: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C. (Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C.), Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Rufus: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 55/55, P.P.E.: 278/303
Armor: Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor 60/60, N-F20A Medium Force Field 75/75
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days), Fly as the eagle, Invisibility.
Rory: H.P.: 47/47, S.D.C.: 25/25, P.P.E.: 165/165
Armor: High Magus Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Teres Barton: H.P.: 27/27, S.D.C.: 33/33, I.S.P.: 95/95
Armor: Branaghan Overcoat Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor 59/85 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Calvin Wallace: M.D.C. 181/181, I.S.P.: 46/46, P.P.E.: 125/125
Armor: NG-A8 Scout Armor 50/50 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
Colt: P.P.E.: 14/14, I.S.P.: 42/42, H.P.: 30/30, S.D.C.: 72/72
Armor: T-25 Uber Super-Exoskeleton 200/200
Conditions:
Toshiko: P.P.E.: 13, H.P.: 26/26 Head only, S.D.C.: 42/42 Head only, M.D.C.: 180/180
Armor: TBD
Conditions:
Jessie the Valkyrie: M.D.C.: 111/111, I.S.P.: 85/85, P.P.E.: 124/124.
Armor: Magic Chain Mail 62/100 M.D.C.
Conditions: Sustain (6/8 days)
"All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out. Our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension, it’s the place beyond time."
GM of The Templar, Phase World: Galactic Rogues, Beyond the Supernatural: Old Gods of Appalachia
PP Ledger
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”