Lahz - Do Psi-Tech's Dream of Electric Sheep?

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mr Rogers
Admin
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 pm

Lahz - Do Psi-Tech's Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Mr Rogers »

Electric Dreams
Naruni Virtual Space
Stardate: unknown
Weather: Rather cold
Time: 2:35 pm

Lahz finds himself in an alien landscape. Beautiful. Terrible. Frozen. Blue? And yet ... virtual. The psi-tech recognises it a reality enforcement system of some kind, a digital realm imposed by the advanced Naruni device.

The rather realistic skies are heavy with snow, and you can see whisps of sleet carried along swiftly before cold winds. Before the psi-tech stands an immense
Blue Ice Bridge.png
, which leads into the heart of a frozen ice-mountain. This realistic simulation comes with information for free, and Lahz knows that this bridge belongs to a great, terrible,
Blue Troll.jpg
, and the before you can say 'Billy Goats Gruff; the elf hears a voice shouting from underneath it.

"WHO COME TO MAROG'S BRIDGE?" shouts the Troll in his great loud voice.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Lahz - Do Psi-Tech's Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [43] = 43 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [12] = 12
JiC D100: 1d100: [87] = 87
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [64] = 64

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Astral Projection [Invisible + Intangible, 98.00 Minutes], (10 ISP, 200lbs, 1000', 18.00 Min, RUE p.182), Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 140', 8.00 Min)

ISP: 191/231 ISP [-8, -20 ISP, -12 ISP]




'Immersed' within a digital dream, Lahz examines the 'cave', 'bridge', and 'Troll' with a jaundiced eye. **Since we are now subsumed within a program, it would seem that Telemechanic Possession should work, and since my physical body is invisible and its presence can't be recorded I better not leave anything in here that shows my presence.** Rather than answer the construct, Lahz will employ Telemechanic Possession (50 ISP, 100', 20.00 Min) and attempt to take over the Troll. If successful, he will then cross the bridge and enter the cave.



Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Mr Rogers
Admin
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 pm

Re: Lahz - Do Psi-Tech's Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Mr Rogers »

Blue Fantasy
Naruni Virtual Space
Stardate: unknown
Weather: under a blue-lit sky
Time: unknown

Lahz decides to employ Telemechanic Possession to take over the troll. Exerting his will-force, the elven psi-tech feels a momentary resistance, which suddenly relents to acquiescence. Actual habitation of the troll itself does not happen, but without a word, the blue troll steps aside to allow Lahz to pass the ice-bridge unmolested. So he does.

He enters the cave, and finds it utterly black and devoid of detail. Even to his nightvision... if such a thing is relevant to this virtual scenario. The elf perceives something has changed. It is as if at the ice-bridge was touching the threshold of this realm, but now he is wholly within. Was it the possession that caused this change? Or the bridge crossing?

With another step Lahz finds the scene changed, he is stepping out of a doorway, and onto the main deck of a
ship under a blue lit sky.jpg
of ancient design. The cave is no longer behind him, there one can see the lower decks of the ship. This ship appears to be sailing along a river, an alien river on an alien world. The sky dark, yet of a blue hue. The light being cast by a distant blue supergiant in the sky. The elf then notices the smell, it is not simply the water; here, upon the ship deck, there is another smell that was harder to define, a smell is slightly sweet and metallic. Blood.

Upon the deck of this new scenario Lahz is not alone. He sees two beings arguing on the deck. One has the look of an
Nilaw the Assassin.jpg
. He grasps the hilt of a sheathed knife as he rages. "Sanarg, we cannot afford to allow this to fester! We should cut her throat and toss her into the river! She does not belong here!"

He speaks to another masked being, who appears to be a
Sanarg the Blue Wizard 2.jpg
of some kind. He replies, "You may be right Nilaw. Something feels off about her. Could she be a changeling? If she's not a young girl, what is she?"

A seductive female voice sounds out from above. Lahz can see movement from the ratlines, near the main mast.

"She's here boys, listening to your every word."

There is a fluttering of wings, and a
Yiv T.png
hovers six feet from Lahz. It stares at Lahz with unblinking eyes alight with a hunger, and adds in a sweet child's voice. "oooohhh let's do things to her. Terrible.. ohh... terrible things. Then she can tell us who she really is."

The others turn and look to Lahz, and Sanarg speaks, "Girl, you are you truly? You had better speak before Yiv gets too excited."

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Lahz - Do Psi-Tech's Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [2] = 2 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [8] = 8
JiC D100: 1d100: [70] = 70
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [81] = 81

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Astral Projection [Invisible + Intangible, 98.00 Minutes], (10 ISP, 200lbs, 1000', 18.00 Min, RUE p.182), Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 140', 8.00 Min)

ISP: 191/231 ISP



Stepping out onto a deck of some kind on a virtual(?) sailing ship in the midst of a storm, Lahz listens to those who might or might not be speaking of him and looks down at his hands and dress in an effort to figure out who and what the frak they are seeing. *A young girl? The smell of blood? ... What the frak is going on here??Am I the Girl that isn't a Girl? maybe go with it ...* 'Lahz' rubs at his eyes playing at being scared, "Please, where are we? Have you seen my Mother?"

Since his 6th Sense has not triggered yet the Psi-Tech figures he will try to figure out where things are going. If one of the others advances on him, Lahz dive for safety and use Telemechanic Paralysis (20 ISP, 40', 10.00 Min).



Tentative Plan
Summary for GM:
1) Check the Cryo-Container we were given
2) Go see the Psychic (if there are no recording/transmitting devices) -- Get her to share the vision and any images (since WE have a cryo-container now, it may be easier to know whether one of those appears in said vision)

3) Group Vehicle Modifications (estimating 4 days, if more time is needed then he will not attempt in this time window because the vehicles wont be delivered for 1 week, and anything further cuts things too close)
4) Take Group-Transport from Merctown to Lazlo
5) Buy tickets and take hover-train from Lazlo to Manistique (so that we can get familiar with these trains)
6) Buy additional tickets for target trip ... Manistique --> Lazlo (?)
7) Day-of --- Take Train back to Manistique from Lazlo (this will also take Spooks back to their own vehicle if necessary ... otherwise we can radio the Crew to return and meet us @ Merctown)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Mr Rogers
Admin
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 pm

Re: Lahz - Do Psi-Tech's Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Mr Rogers »

Blue Fantasy
Naruni Virtual Space
Stardate: unknown
Weather: under a blue-lit sky
Time: unknown

Was it the the tilt of his head? Or the tensing around the assassin's baleful white eyes? Somehow Lahz knows that behind the killer's blue mask, there is a sneer that passed for a smile. The assassin leans back against the rail of the ship, cleaning his fingernails with a dagger that suddenly appears in his hands. He nods to the wizard, the one called Sanarg, "He's confused. It is no fun torturing confused people. You may elucidate."

The wizard steps forth. "You are in the Alpha Z-400. Welcome!" Sanarg the Wizard says, and swings his free arm expansively to take in the whole blue-tinted ship. "A top of the line security intelligence algorithm with the latest in pre-emptive anti-intrusion capability."

The blue fantasy wizard smiles smugly with electronic pride, so pleased with himself that he taps his staff on the deck of the ship, and looks deep into Lahz's glazed stare. He steps close and offers a conspiratorial whisper. "You're beginning to bore Nilaw, and bad things happen when he gets bored."

Then he steps back and continues his excited revelation, "Here's what happened. When you mentally tapped various codes into me I was made aware of your presence. You might ask yourself, is this virtual ship within the handheld device? But I, esteemed Psi-Tech, didn't machine ghost into it, how can this be? I am the clever organic, how can I be caught in such a manner?

Well my dear dear intruder, you aren't the first psionic in the galaxy. You well know of Telemechanical Organics that hack machines, for you are one. That much is clear. You should know there are machines, such as I, that are well capable of hacking organics. My makers are some of the most advanced mind engineers in the galaxy!

We are the yin to your yang. You zig but we zag! You flip, but we-"


"OH WHY DOES HE GO ON?! Let's just gut the intruder!" Yiv the Imp rudely interjects. The wizard curses at being interrupted, and raises his staff menacingly. It crackles with lightning. The Imp pales with fright, adding, "I'll be in the hold!" before vanishing through a hatch.

The wizard watches the imp depart before picking up where he left off. "And so, it was a simple matter of tracing the short distance of your telekinetic touch to your astral form. Then overriding your primitive senses and transposing whatever I wanted into your consciousness. I suppose they can't do that on Earth, being the primitive backwater that it is. You were still an Astral Traveler hiding invisibly, yet your eyes and senses betrayed you. Instead you saw a bridge, and a guardian. Ho ho, isn't technology grand? You sought to possess the troll and cross the bridge, and thus you crossed wholly into my domain. You are in an adventure program that represents the device! What fun! Your current form, the little girl, is the only available character that is not taken by one of our security threads. What was her name? Sue H. Toilets? No one likes playing her. Anyway, the river represents travel, for we are on our way to Headquarters. The ship represents our physical form, its contents-"

The assassin, still leaning against the ship rail, snarls impatiently. His eyes become encarmined with rage.

Sanarg the wizard speaks a little more rapidly in response. "I'll sum up. We rule here! Our program reigns supreme! Our makers meanwhile are investigating your physicality. You did leave a convenient silver cord to follow did you not? We shall soon see!"

"But now, there is the matter of the interrogation. A security intelligence must attend to its duties."

The wizard stands within arm's length of Lahz, the assassin is 8 feet away, leaning upon the rail. He hears the wind and seabirds somewhere overhead. it all looks very real, very dangerous.

The wizard asks, "Who are you, and why are you intruding where you aren't wanted?"

Lahz's danger sense triggers a warning in his mind.
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”