[VR] Home, for Now.

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: 1d100: [31] = 31
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [94] = 94 (FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

MOD wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:21 am Ey taps a fist on a nearby table and eir physical body blips out to be replaced by a blue orb hovering about 5 feet above the ground. A red circle surrounded by a white one points at Valen, the red circle growing while the white one contracts.

"I'm don't know who you are or what you did to get us trapped in here, but you better have a way out," ey says. MOD then looks back to the other Reavers. "I guess we weren't genetically pure enough to be vacated with the others. Except Bert? I didn't think he was Altess. Learn something new every day, I guess."
Zilch blinks several times witnessing MOD's sudden transformation. How interesting! I wonder if that means we are in very very deep trouble here?
Dr. White wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:02 am ”So, security consultants huh? Well I can’t wait to see what you two come up with. Good luck!””Fancy rig like that probably isn’t gonna be easy to crack, huh? Ooooo! How exciting!”
Zilch glances at Dr White loading up on hooch. "Hey, if you find a box of those sweet little cocktail cherries I'll have those!" Then he snaps his head up to the newcomers, leveling his gaze at Valen.

Well if those two are not going to give these security people the proper motivation perhaps I will.
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:17 pmValen says, “I don’t know who you are, but it was not my intent for you to be locked in here with us. Give us a moment we will get you out. However you did hear him tell us to attempt to bypass their security system correct?”
"Thanks," Zilch says, in a very unthankful voice. "It really makes me feel better that you are here." The monster stands up to his full height; not as tall as Dr White but certainly a head higher than Mr Rend. He points a blue shaggy finger at Ashrak, "I did indeed hear everything well matey. This is your security analyst. Oh, a leading one. So he will have us out of here in a jiffy, right?"

Zilch strides forward, grinning evilly. "Now no security test is ever so simple. Firmly mounted on the horns of this dilemma is the fact that I. Do. Not. Like. Cages." He smiles, like a shark that senses feed. Waves of darkness ripple over his furry body, signaling his displeasure at having a perfectly good lunch spoiled by these newcomers. The darkness does not envelope the room, for Zilch reasons it would not be sporting to have Ashrak have to bust them out of the room blinded.

"Here is my counter proposal. Your security genius will have us out of this cage before I kill you. Now I will take my time to give him a sporting chance. Fair is fair after all. I am thinking to throw you into the bar over there, just as soon as my friend saves the best of the hooch. Then I might drum a fun tune on that bronze melon head of yours with the legs of that barstool, after I shatter it over your face. You should know I am quite the drumming enthusiast. Afterwards, if Ashrak, the leading security analyst in the Three Galaxies, still has not released us. I might devour one of your arms, which do you think you can do without? I'll let you choose."

"Anyway.."


Zilch lunges forward, seeking to grab this infuriating little red man and, in the style of classic western vidflicks depicting barroom brawls, hurl Valen bodily along the bar smashing various glasses and bottles nicely.

Save vs Horror Factor: 16 for Mr Rend

Initiative: 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10
APM: 8

Action 1: Grab Mr Rend 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25
Action 2: Throw Mr Rend across the bar. 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
Action 3: Restrained punch 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , Damage: 3d6+6: [2, 4, 5]+6 = 17
Action 4: Restrained punch 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage: 3d6+6: [1, 1, 1]+6 = 9
Action 5: Restrained punch 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage: 3d6+6: [5, 5, 6]+6 = 22
Action 6: Restrained punch 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage: 3d6+6: [1, 4, 5]+6 = 16
Action 7: Restrained punch 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage: 3d6+6: [2, 2, 5]+6 = 15
Action 8: Restrained punch 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , Damage: 3d6+6: [2, 4, 1]+6 = 13

Parries (+13 included): 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31 , 1d20+13: [13]+13 = 26 , 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20 , 1d20+13: [9]+13 = 22 , 1d20+13: [16]+13 = 29 , 1d20+13: [14]+13 = 27 , 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 , 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 ,

Auto Dodge (+7): 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 /39% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [26] = 26

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Mask I.S.P. [30min]| Mind Block [30 Min] | [Psionic Seeking | 6 ISP |

Skills:
Locksmith: 1d100: [10] = 10 /50% (No lock can stop him.)
Safe-Cracking: 1d100: [69] = 69 /82% (No vault door can bar him.)
Undercover Operations: 1d100: [27] = 27 /50% (Play the Security Specialists role, act like he belongs.)
Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [99] = 99 /60% (Understanding the mechanics of the security system)
Psionic Seeking: 1d100: [55] = 55 /55% (Find their target item)

Post:
Rend wrote:“It’s here, I feel it. I think I get us to the vault, but we have to get there in one piece. Can you tell what those noises are Ashrak? What mechanisms do we need to bypass to get out of this room.”
Ashrak's three right tentacles twist together and unfurl as the Nithe looks around their new room. "Fantastic, Rend. Find it, then. Leave the rest to me. I'll say when I need you." Ashrak states aloud and otherwise ignores the rest of Rend's question. Of course, I will address the locking mechanisms, underling. Ashrak rolls his alien eyes as he starts looking around the room. Ashrak does pause in his assessment and turn to look at the blue monster addressing Rend. Interesting. Ash thinks as his curiosity is piqued as he watches how the others interact.
Other One wrote:
Promethean wrote:"So, security consultants huh? Well I can’t wait to see what you two come up with. Good luck!"
"You don't say? Now I'm curious. I suppose I can stick around and see if these two can get Vinny and Zilch out of here."
Ashrak looks to one of them, the promethean that is holding a drink. We know so little of Prometheans, these all seem to know each other well enough to hardly be concerned about the situation. This is good, perhaps this is the break I've been waiting for. And what is this other one, questions, so many questions. Ashrak considers.
Hungry Monster wrote:Afterwards, if Ashrak, the leading security analyst in the Three Galaxies, still has not released us. I might devour one of your arms, which do you think you can do without? I'll let you choose."

"Anyway.."
Ashrak floats out of the path of the growing monster as it approaches Rend and watches the tussle ensure with amusement and intrigue at the shadow monster. When a moment pauses between the monster and Rend in their physical tussle, Ashrak speaks. "I am quite curious of your musical talents, to be fair." Ash states, shrugging off the situation before turning and continuing to examine the room while still speaking to Zilch. "If you do end up getting hungry, might I suggest his right arm. It would be comical if he had to learn to be a lefty." Ashrak says, pausing mid float to laugh to himself "He-he-he... ah, well. Rend, I'll do what I can to save you. I promise." Ashrak says finally to Rend, looking over his shoulder towards the two in the tussle before otherwise ignoring it and continuing to look for a way out (and their prize). With Valen Rend potentially and otherwise occupied with the hungry monster and the other threats otherwise removed, Ashrak takes a moment to activate his
[3mile| 15mins | 6 ISP | 55% when item/person known to the user, +20% | Even a Failed Roll will confirm/deny if the target is within range.]
to see if he can pinpoint the exact location of the item they came to steal.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Perception 35%: d100: [72] = 72
JIC: d100: [53] = 53 , d20: [17] = 17
Armor: Helmet-50/50 | Arms-30/30 | Legs-40/40 | Main Body-60/60
Horror Factor Save: d20: [9] = 9
Zilch wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:06 pm "Anyway.."

Zilch lunges forward, seeking to grab this infuriating little red man and, in the style of classic western vidflicks depicting barroom brawls, hurl Valen bodily along the bar smashing various glasses and bottles nicely.
The blue creature’s unexpected and unprovoked attack catches Valen off guard, as he is terrified by the toothy visage approaching him rapidly. What the hell is he doing? I just gave them my word I would get them out safely. He responds with violence… Remember Valen they are not you, to expect them got act like you is insane.I cannot go back on my word. Once he recovers he starts a barrage of parries and dodges to avoid harm. He does not strike the creature in any way. As he is fending him off, he says, “I have no quarrel with you, any harm we do to each other weakens our chances of making it out safely. You want to settle something with me? Then put a pin in it and we can settle it when we aren’t in the middle of a locked down Altessi compound we are trying to get out of.”

Initiative: d20+1: [1]+1 = 2
Action 1:Lost to Failed HF Save
Action 2: Dodge - d20+10: [3]+10 = 13
Action 3: Dodge - d20+10: [7]+10 = 17
Action 4: Dodge - d20+10: [11]+10 = 21
Action 5: Dodge - d20+10: [3]+10 = 13
Action 6: Dodge - d20+10: [1]+10 = 11

Parries: d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 , d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 , d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 , d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 , d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 , d20+10: [17]+10 = 27
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [12] = 12 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [44] = 44 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [4] = 4

Vinny's weapon vaguely passes over the two new arrivals, but the former Warlock Marine doesn't speak or otherwise respond to their presence other than taking a step back to keep everyone in her sights if needed. Security systems? Are these two thieves that 'ported into the wrong room or something? She chuckles, curious as to how they would be dealt with.

Her chuckles turn to swears as the room becomes a prison in seconds. "Oh, what the fuck is this?" She moves over to the wall, tapping it with her Volcano Rifle and listening to the movements behind it. "Great. So glad we're getting lopped in with-" She doesn't get to finish her sentence as Zilch goes about his usual business of beating up other people and eating them, not necessarily in that order.
MOD wrote:M rotates eir circles to face the Doctor. "You don't say? Now I'm curious. I suppose I can stick around and see if these two can get Vinny and Zilch out of here."
Phara laughs, plopping herself into a seat and crossing her arms. "So we're just relaxing while these two do all the work? Sounds pretty sweet to me." She turns to the newcomer who isn't currently being mauled. "Let me know if I get to shoot something. Otherwise, chop-chop!" For the moment, the Atlantean isn't worried about the situation at all, though that is likely to change in the near future.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [17] = 17
Conditions: None
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Bert is more than a little surprised by the turn of events, but also not stupid. One does not often get a chance to perform the dirty with a beautiful rich woman... at least not without paying first. So he is quick to follow and generally miss what the rest of the Void Reavers are now forced to deal with.


When the deed is done, Bert doesn't waste too much time working on getting presentable once more. "Gonna need your contact info for the helmet commission." Bert says as he puts his helmet back on. A message?
Dr. White wrote:”Hey Bert. No sign of ICEMAN and the crowd in here is getting very… Altess-y. I think we’re gonna haul posteriors soon, cap’n says to meet us back at the ship. Okay? Byeee.”


"well while I hate to have fun and run, it appears my friends are looking to leave." Bert says, waiting long enough to get her info, before heading back.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Time stamp: 65 days, some time has passed since the last GM post. It is not my place to put a minute value on Bert's performance. So lets just say long enough to be respectable, and long enough for those of you in the vault to be frustrated with your situation.

Conditions:
  • Kibiko: Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened. The Common area (bathrooms, storage area, bunk room, common area and the passage leading up to the cockpit is all gone. It's a smoking pile of rubble now. Comms unit needs to be replaced.
  • Roid: Low internal atmo pressure is causing degradation to temperature and life support systems. If left alone they will fail in 5 to 9 weeks.

29P
The Machine wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:15 pm"Gonna need your contact info for the helmet commission."
The woman nods and pings Bert with a electronic card with her contact info. Her name is Faye. She slowly, yet efficiently, gets dressed. She leans over and gives him a kiss on the cheek and then gets up to leave the room.

"Until next time then?" She asks as she pauses by the door with a smile. Then she leaves with understated grace and Bert is left wondering if that really just happened.

Once Bert leaves the room he sees there is a butler style drone, very much like the one in the entrance but not quite the same, waiting for him. It raises up and addresses him politely.

"Excuse me sir, if you could come this way please I can take you back to your companions. I believe they are getting ready to leave."

It motions towards an elevator on the other side of the hall that Bert hadn't noticed on his way in to the room with Faye. Although to be fair, his mind was firmly focused on other matters. It lets Bert enter first and doesn't enter. The door closes. The elevator descends a little, then moves abruptly to the right, then forward. The floor panels fall open like a trap door and Bert falls through the air, lands on a standing table littered with drinks, he bounces off and lands on a heap on the floor.

Bert stands up and sees that the rest of the Void Reavers. Some are looking at him, others are looking at the roof panel that he fell though that has already slid back into place. The vibe is not a good one, that is readily apparent. Doc looks happily drunk, Vinny looks even more bored than usual, MOD seems to be fraying at the edges. Zilch looks like he's been in bar brawl, broken glass and liquor stuck to his fur. There are two other people as well, some dude and another floating stingray being. They are not in good spirits either. If Bert had to but a word on the mood of the room he'd go with frustration, lots and lots of frustration.

To the Void Reavers it's obvious that these security consultants have no idea what they are doing. So them showing up, making grand claims and getting the VR locked in this room is deeply in 'not cool' territory.

Valen is most unimpressed that he got flung along a bar and slapped up a little, before - whatever that thing is - decided that he'd made his point and wandered off in search of food. Being so close to the thing he is looking for weighs heavily on his mind.

Ash is furious. This whole situation is a disaster. He has no idea how this security system works, he has literally never seen anything like it ( GM - failed roll: Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [99] = 99 /60% (Understanding the mechanics of the security system). The thing seems to shift and change periodically. The few times he's found something that could be called a lock or access panel it hasn't stayed around long enough for him to be able to work his magic. One was some kind of tactile hologram, another got absorbed back in to the wall as if the metal was liquid and the last was actually a cheap child's toy. Although the thing that really stings Ash at the moment as that he has none of his gear, none of it. ( GM - Your gear is missing from your character sheet, so you have nothing except for the two items you added to your PC sheet: the FF and pistol. The failed roll + no gear means Ash, at the moment, has no idea how to crack this system.) No gear is a disaster for most criminals, but for a safe cracker it's beyond crippling. It's also deeply embarrassing with all these goons sitting around watching.

From his happy boozed up haze Doc feels something pulling at the D fabric. My oh my... Someone or something is opening a rift not far off, he can feel it.
What are your intentions?
GM Notes

MAP of the floor you are on.

Please update your signatures with your current MDC / PPE /ISP etc remaining. I'll check it if it looks funky, otherwise it's up to you to keep this up to date. The only real consequence of not up-dating is getting focus fired by baddies in the next combat.

Butcher's Bill

Kibiko: Loot list examples include:

Section 17G, Biomes - Erza Ag Corp (loot: Hydroponic food units)
Section 95K, Survival is Earned Brand Combat Resort - Korg’s Roughriders / S.M.A.S.H. Entertainment (loot: Exotic weapons)
Section 42L, Field Generators - Colony KL98 resource acquisition Team 4 (loot: Force field generators)
Section 01A, Hanger Bay 4 - 425th Regiment, P’Qut Dominion Expeditionary Force (loot: PA and Robots)
Section 09Q, Power Array - Dept of Public Works, RedStone City (loot: Miniature high yield power plants)
Section 51C, Atmosphere Processing Plant - Jiffy Terraforming Company (loot: Atmosphere scrubbing units)
Section 69D, Last Dance Party - Jerry’s Juiced Geriatrics (loot: Killing Altess for fun and profit)
Section 45Y, Floating Meadows Residential Compound - The 929 Crew (loot: B&E, Altess mansion style)
Section 99X, Book of Truth Research facility - The One and Only True Finders and Followers of the Forge (Loot: Clues on the location of The Forge)
… Click to see more….
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Perception 35%: d100: [59] = 59
JIC: d100: [48] = 48 , d20: [8] = 8
Armor: Head 50/50 | Torso 60/60 | Legs 40/40 | Arms 30/30
Conditions: Bio-Regeneration 2d6/hr., Invulnerable to Radiation, Non-Magical Energy Attacks Do Half Damage, SN PS, SN PE.

Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5


Valen ignoring Ash's crisis with his gear walks in the direction he feels his weapon. If there is a door the he will begin trying to kick the door in. If there isn't a door, then he will kick the wall and attempt to make a door. He will hit it for 15 seconds then gauge the damage. if little or none is done he will return to the drawing board. He will say the the following mumbling to himself as he performs these actions. When paraphrasing the Altessi he will use a high pitched whine.

"F**king Altessi, and their stupid genetic purity. 'We have a connection to the forge', but that is bullshit. They believe they can take everything that has ever belonged to the forge, but part of me was used to forge that weapon and whatever is part of me, is mine. They didn't have the right to take it, and my stupid ass trusted an Alteesi to help me. Sends me right into a trap. I will tear this place a part with my bare hands before I let them keep my weapon.

Initiative: d20+1: [19]+1 = 20
Action 1: Power Kick - To Strike d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 | Damage d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 2: ------------------------------------
Action 3: Power Kick - To Strike d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 | Damage d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D. Critical 60 M.D.
Action 4: ------------------------------------
Action 5: Power Kick - To Strike d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 | Damage d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: ------------------------------------
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [46] = 46
Conditions: None
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Powers in Use:
Range: By touch or up to 5 feet away.
Duration: 10 minutes plus 2 minutes per level of psionic.
I.S.P.: 10
Saving Throw: None.
This ability allows the psychic to mentally communicate and understand machines. This psi-power is a bizarre combination of Object Read and Telepathy, except that it applies to mechanical devices only. By touching any non-artificially intelligent machine, whether it be a bicycle, gun, car or airplane, the psionic will instantly have a complete (although temporary) knowledge of exactly how the machine operates. I must stress that the psychic knows everything about the machine; the complete schematic diagram and operation knowledge are clearly seen in his mind ' s eye. The level of skill expertise is equal to 80%. When touching an artificially intelligent machine, i.e., computers, the psionic not only understands everything about its operation, repair, access codes, etc., but can actually communicate with it telepathically.
This means he can tap into a computer's memory bank without using a terminal because the information would be sent directly into the psychic's mind. Remember, the telepathic link and memory are temporary abilities (although a Total Recall would be able to call up small bits of info). The psychic's skill knowledge is equal to an 88% skill proficiency and applies to all aspects of the machine, its operation, repair, special codes, programing, etc.
1d100: [71] = 71 /88% (To understand the machinery of the room.)

Bert shakes his head. "Damn." Well now we're in the same pickle as the rest. Let's figure a way out I guess. Bert thinks as he looks about the room. "Yep looks locked tight. I guess we look for the exit then." Bert says aloud as he moves towards the wall, and places his hand on it. Bert opens his mind to the machinery in the walls. Tell me your secrets. Bert thinks as he lets the schematics and data flow into his brain. To Bert its disconcerting when he does this, it makes his other senses feel more raw then they should.

If/when Bert finds out where to start the process of escaping the room, he will move there.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [21] = 21
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [67] = 67 (FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.
Death and Gravity wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:02 am The floor panels fall open like a trap door and Bert falls through the air, lands on a standing table littered with drinks, he bounces off and lands on a heap on the floor.

Bert stands up and sees that the rest of the Void Reavers. Some are looking at him, others are looking at the roof panel that he fell though that has already slid back into place.
"Greetings Mr Machine." Zilch welcomes his new shipmate. He was considering joining Dr White at the bar, but now his hungry gaze is fixed on the ceiling through which Machine fell through. If I threw Mr Red hard enough, would it break open that door?
The Machine wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:10 pm Bert shakes his head. "Damn." .. "Yep looks locked tight. I guess we look for the exit then."
Zilch nods affably, fully confident in Machine's abilities, whatever they might be. Zilch has thus far only witnessed his piloting skills. Not that he isn't confident in Mr Machine's abilities, but he slides over to a barstool. Picking it up, he tests its weight.

"Tick. Tock." The monster grins evilly at Valen. To pass the time he grabs another shot glass and pops it into his mouth. The sounds of breaking glass fill in any silent moments for the entrapped Void Reavers.

I wonder what tone comes out of drumming a red and bronze head? Will it sound metallic, or will be just be another squishy? It is a science that ought to be settled. Soon.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [78] = 0
JiC 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [36] = 36

Energy form: RAF roundel

MOD floats in the back watching the newcomers fumble to escape from the room. For someone that claims to be a security expert, the red corporeal has all the technical grace of a dented hammer. Dodging Zilch's attempts to get a snack were a little impressive, but now the guy is just kicking the door.
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:42 am"Fucking Altessi, and their stupid genetic purity... I will tear this place a part with my bare hands before I let them keep my weapon."
Like srsly, how arrogant does one have to be to think they can kick down a blast door? Must think they're the Forge's gift to corporeals. After a few beats, ey gets bored and decides to see if ey can blip eir way out of the room. The blue orb floats to a gap in one of the blast doors or windows and bends and twists into a beam of light that might squeeze through.

Should MOD make it out, ey will casually fly back to the Kibiko and start the slow process of forming a new physical shell. Ey contemplates forming something Altess to coast by on the biases of the corporeals on the halo. Fux them, I don't want to blend in.

If not, MOD will float around aimlessly until Bert gets dropped into the room as well. "Oh hey! I was wondering where you were and why you weren't here with us. So that means you aren't Altess, neh?"
The Machine wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:10 pm"Damn. Yep looks locked tight. I guess we look for the exit then."
M follows Bert to the door and studies him as he looks at the door. Then ey turns eir white and red concentric circles to Valen and Ashrak. "Those two guys are supposed to get you out of here."
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (7/24)
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [6] = 6 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [14] = 14

She watches the new arrivals completely fail at their attempts to get out, the red-skinned humaoid Veal, or something? Who the fuck gets named Veal? Dumbass. resorting to trying to kick his way out. She starts out laughing at their antics, before switching to annoyed, then finally a neutral state. Not particularly wanting to get trapped within the room for the rest of her life, she begins to pace the room a touch impatiently. Potentially trapped here for the rest of my life. Asshats might come back once our little escape attempt fails. Said this was a test or some other lying bullshit, right? Hope they do. I'd like to shoot one or two of 'em.

She wanders over to the bar, offering a "What's up, Bert? as he is dumped into the room. Once at her destination, she grabs a cup of coffee, mixes in sugar and cream, and pops off her helmet. She proceeds to down the drink in a single gulp and toss the cup at Zilch, hoping the monstrosity will snap it out of the air like an excited pup.

With her hopes either fulfilled or dashed, she jams her helmet back on and sits on one of the chairs, plopping her Volcano Rifle onto the table. She calls out a casual, "You guys are morons," to the two newcomers. Not that she's being particularly useful.

She turns her attention to MOD, if ey is still in the room, and asks em, "So, how long do we let them kick at the walls before we should help? Or are you planning on just letting us corporeals eat it before zipping away?" Her tone is droll, the Atlantean not particularly bothered by the fact her captain could just abandon them.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [85] = 85
PER: 1d100: [89] = 89 vs. 41%

Language: Trade 5- 1d100: [72] = 72 vs. 92%
Responding to Rend
Zilch wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:06 pm"Hey, if you find a box of those sweet little cocktail cherries I'll have those!"
Should White find cherries (and/or any other halfway edible garnishes) in the course of his rummaging he will nonchalantly toss them at Zilch. ”Soup’s on, dig in you ravenous creature you!” When Zilch adopts a more threatening stance towards the newcomers White sits back, laughs, hoots, and drinks. He’s having a great time.
Ashrak wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:45 pm"If you do end up getting hungry, might I suggest his right arm. It would be comical if he had to learn to be a lefty."
White’s grin gets bigger. ”Oooo! Oooo! Take a leg! Being a lefty is great and all, but if he has to start hopping everywhere? Hyshterical!” He hiccups and takes another drink.
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:17 pm“It’s here, I feel it. I think I get us to the vault, but we have to get there in one piece. Can you tell what those noises are Ashrak? What mechanisms do we need to bypass to get out of this room.” While Ashrak assesses the room Valen concentrates and try to feel the direction of his weapon. Although, teleporting into the middle of a party was not optimum, being invited to bypass their security may be useful. The Altess are such pretentious pricks. Once I have my weapon they better back off..
While he continues to affect the laid-back drunk, at the mention of a vault White’s ears prick up. Metaphorically. A vault, you say? Fascinating. So maybe not security consultants, maybe thieves. Maybe both, with a side order of clever semantics. This pair might be marginally more clever than they appear at first. All the more reason to stay put and see what happens next. White’s eyes will dart over to MOD at the mention of the vault, but he’ll otherwise remain silent.
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:17 pmTrade 5 62% = d100: [38] = 38 ) he asks “Do any of you speak Trade 5?”
White responds in what he hopes is flawless Trade 5. ”I do! Why and whaddya want?” He leans back and takes another pull, still affecting the carefree drunk.

When Bert appears out of the ceiling and lands on the table, White raises his bottle in a loud, boisterous toast in the way that only a drunk who is out of fucks to give can do. ”Bert! Welcome back. I wanna hear all about your sexcapades later, but for right now we’re watching these two do… something, I’m sure?” Definitely thieves. White takes another drink, leans back, and watches the duo. His eyes will occasionally slide up to the opening through which Bert fell, to see if there’s a force field blocking the passage (if not, then White will relax even more knowing that he has a way out). As the “consultants” continue to fail to bypass the system, and the other Void Reavers begin talking more and more about finding their own escape, White senses some rift activity. Uh-oh. That can’t possibly be a good sign. With a sigh, the Promethean takes one last pull of the bottle then secures as much of the premium liquor as he can about his person. ”Okay. Someone’s opening a rift nearby people, so look alive because that’s basically never a good sign. I guess someone had better show these ‘security consultants’” (complete with sloppily exaggerated air quotes) ”how it’s done. Hold my beer!” If the opening through which Bert fell is not protected by a force field, White will use dimensional leap ((-10 ISP)) to teleport into the passage, at which point he will walk, climb, or (if necessary) D-shift ghost and float through the passage and find a way out into the rest of the complex. From there he will start looking for a way to reopen the doors and release everyone (using telemechanics if necessary). If Bert’s entrance is blocked by a force field, White will start poking around the room looking for any other gaps through which he can teleport (at which point his subsequent actions will be as above).
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [34] = 34 /39% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [89] = 89

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Mask I.S.P. [30min]| Mind Block [30 Min] | [Psionic Seeking | 6 ISP |

Skills:


Post:
Cultured Promethean wrote:”Oooo! Oooo! Take a leg! Being a lefty is great and all, but if he has to start hopping everywhere? Hyshterical!”
This comment illicits a true laugh from the Nithe as he pauses and looks at the Promethean. One of the first times a promethean spoke and I didn't immediately hate them. His monster friend is interesting as well, curious. Ashrak thinks, looking at the Monster.
Monster wrote:"Tick. Tock."
Ashrak only offers a mediocre shrug at the alien design of the locking mechanism. "Well, it seems my skills are useless here. You can go ahead and kill him now, I suppose. He shouldn't have lead with security consultants in the first place." Ashrak remarks coldly towards Valen and the Monster. "Oh, and apparently I don't have any of my equipment anyways. So fun times, cause, you know, being teleported outside my control is so much fun when there is a failure to communicate with my contact." Ashrak says with glee A contact I am going to torture until their mind snaps. He thinks insidiously as he turns "I prefer opening doors with explosives, anyways, usually strapped to people." the Nithe adds with a disgusting smile and looks at the now floating orb, suddenly enthralled.
Orb thing wrote:"Those two guys are supposed to get you out of here."
"Oh, my, my, my, tell me, what are you? You beautiful speaking ball of light." Ashrak says, his tentacle arms moving to encircle the floating orb that is M. "Mmm... A being of light and a being of shadow coexisting in the same room? A properly cultured promethean? Tell me, how is it you coexist with this gorgeous beast of darkness? You aren't mates, are you?!" Ashrak exclaims, his tentacles still wrapping passively around the Orb that is M, though M is well capable of fleeing Ashrak's invading grip. Ashrak then does a long sniffing inhale through his nose and sighing as it looks at M. "I love new things!" Ashrak will float after M like a moth to a light, following for the next few moments.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>

Skill roll
Math:Advanced (72%) 1d100<72: [28*] = 1 - Calculate the mortality rate of the Void Reavers

As MOD attempts to find a way out for emself, Phara chimes in to ask for actual leadership.
Phara Vin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:12 pm"So, how long do we let them kick at the walls before we should help? Or are you planning on just letting us corporeals eat it before zipping away?"
M stops trying to bend into a crack in the blast shield and points eir white and red circles at the Atlantean. "I wasn't going to abandon you. (Now that you mention it, anyway.) I was totally going to radio for backup once I got to the ship. (Now that I think about it, anyway.) But, like, if you can pass through these blast doors like me you're free to do so."

M then goes back to trying to twist, bend, and shrink through the door. Perhaps the Rithe is attracted to shiny things, or maybe he sees MOD as a legitimate means of escaping the room. Regardless, he glides over to the phantom and invades eir personal space.

Ashrak wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 pm"Oh, my, my, my, tell me, what are you? You beautiful speaking ball of light."
M floats away from the door and upwards and away from Ashrak. "Uh... you can call me M."
Ashrak wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 pm"Mmm... A being of light and a being of shadow coexisting in the same room? A properly cultured promethean? Tell me, how is it you coexist with this gorgeous beast of darkness? You aren't mates, are you?!"
Mates? Does he think I'm intimate with the Doctor? Fux no. I wouldn't even want him to give me a physical, let alone cough in front of him for fun. Wow, just the thought of that is making me physically ill. I didn't know I could get ill like that.M's light gets dim, the blue becomes more pale, the red flatter, and the white becomes an ashen gray. Ey continues to fly further away as Ashrak continues to get closer. Ey will zig and zag to avoid Ashrak's tentacles. "Those chuckleheads are my employees. Well, I don't pay them and the risk of death is somewhere in the range... let me do the math... carry the 2... 58%? Fux, that's high. Well, that's why I like to think of them more like minions... or hench-corporeals."
Ashrak wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 pm"I love new things!"
The red circle grows inside the white circle and becomes a darker shade of crimson. "I'm not a thing! I'm a phantom. Fuxing corporeals. You know you're way more tangible than me, so that makes you more of a thing than I'll ever fuxing be. And a not particularly practical thing either, neh? Like corporeal bodies are by design inefficient, being so thing-y and all, but like what the fux is up with yours? Are those supposed to be legs?" Ey dodges another slow stroke from Ashrak. "And how come tentacles are always creepy? Like, every time I see a corporeal with tentacles, I know that guy is a total perv. And srsly, what's with the touching?"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (7/24)
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]
M wrote:"Uh... you can call me M."
"Ahhhh, M-M-M-M-M. " Ash practically sings and floats playfully after M after M makes a point to float away and continues following, though will follow slow enough that M doesn't struggle to zip by. This is amusing me more than it should given the situation. Father would be most displeased, but Father is not heeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeeee. Ashrak sings in his head with a growing smile.
Boss M wrote:"Those chuckleheads are my employees. Well, I don't pay them and the risk of death is somewhere in the range... let me do the math... carry the 2... 58%? Fux, that's high. Well, that's why I like to think of them more like minions... or hench-corporeals."
Ash sways in appreciation of M. "Minions!?" Ash practically cries out in joy then turning to look at the warlock armor, promethean, the new human, before turning back to M. "Tell me, do you experiment on them? We should compare notes." Ash asks genuinely, then looking to Valen with a twinkle that no one would find comforting. "It is similar with that one, though he spoke well out of turn this time and is why we are in this situation. I leave escaping to him, we are here for his silly toy anyways." Ash admits. "If your mate-I mean, monster, wants to eat him I suppose it is proper recompense." Ashrak says and looks to Valen. "No offense, Rend." Ashrak adds.
M wrote:"I'm not a thing! I'm a phantom. Fuxing corporeals. You know you're way more tangible than me, so that makes you more of a thing than I'll ever fuxing be. And a not particularly practical thing either, neh? Like corporeal bodies are by design inefficient, being so thing-y and all, but like what the fux is up with yours? Are those supposed to be legs?" Ey dodges another slow stroke from Ashrak. "And how come tentacles are always creepy? Like, every time I see a corporeal with tentacles, I know that guy is a total perv. And srsly, what's with the touching?"
Ash's face contorts with glee as M recoils and continues to float away from him while expressing disgust. It amuses me that even creatures that claim to be above corporeals can still be disgusted by them. An excellent form of intrusion. Showing outward disgust is an exploitable sign. I've not heard much of these Phantoms, but this and the monster are among the most interesting I've met in awhile. Father would want to... study them. Ashrak thinks to himself, following M still. A soft "He he he." escaping his lips as he does. Both collections of tentacles then go outward as if going in for a hug, coiling around each other to make a tri-coiled arm on either side. "Ah, but Phantom M! We are all things to something else! A thing can be anything, used with emphasis! Or even a thought." Ash remarks playfully untwirling one of his tentacle arms. "And, for the record, I'm quite confident tentacle porn came from depraved bipedals" Ash adds dismissively. "Though, the disgust and apprehension it gives others for merely having them is... ah, palpable." Ashrak says with a content sigh, floating back from M slightly. "Trust me, my depravity doesn't start or end with my tentacles." Ashrak finishes with a smile fit to make anyone with sense run.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Rolls Carried
Dr. White wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:45 am
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:17 pmTrade 5 62% = d100: [38] = 38 ) he asks “Do any of you speak Trade 5?”
White responds in what he hopes is flawless Trade 5. ”I do! Why and whaddya want?” He leans back and takes another pull, still affecting the carefree drunk.
(In Trade 5) "This Altessi Forge-Fu**er has something that belongs to me. I am here to get my item. That is all I am here for. You can have absolutely everything else including Ash's take, he hasn't earned it, and I don't pay for sass. I am kicking this stupid wall because I have a limited skill set which doesn't include cracking this lock. It is why I brought a safe cracker, who apparently finds your lot more fascinating than helping me. But when devoid of the knowledge and/or tools for the job, sometimes the application of brute force can simultaneously be your only option and effective."
Phara Vin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:12 pm "You guys are morons," to the two newcomers.
"Better than being a lazy whiner, whos sits on their ass bitching about their situation rather than doing something constructive to resolve it."
Ashrak wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:00 am "If your mate-I mean, monster, wants to eat him I suppose it is proper recompense.""No offense, Rend."
"None taken, you malcontent wind bag. Stop brown nosing the phantom, and do something constructive."
M wrote:"I'm not a thing! I'm a phantom. Fuxing corporeals. You know you're way more tangible than me, so that makes you more of a thing than I'll ever fuxing be. And a not particularly practical thing either, neh? Like corporeal bodies are by design inefficient, being so thing-y and all, but like what the fux is up with yours? Are those supposed to be legs?" Ey dodges another slow stroke from Ashrak. "And how come tentacles are always creepy? Like, every time I see a corporeal with tentacles, I know that guy is a total perv. And srsly, what's with the touching?"
"He can show you what the tentacles are for when you have a little more privacy."
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried))
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:36 am (In Trade 5) "This Altessi Forge-Fu**er has something that belongs to me. I am here to get my item. That is all I am here for. You can have absolutely everything else including Ash's take, he hasn't earned it, and I don't pay for sass. I am kicking this stupid wall because I have a limited skill set which doesn't include cracking this lock. It is why I brought a safe cracker, who apparently finds your lot more fascinating than helping me. But when devoid of the knowledge and/or tools for the job, sometimes the application of brute force can simultaneously be your only option and effective."
Phara Vin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:12 pm "You guys are morons," to the two newcomers.
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:36 am "Better than being a lazy whiner, whos sits on their ass bitching about their situation rather than doing something constructive to resolve it."
Zilch leans to Phara, grinning. "It's like Mr Rend thinks he's in charge. I'm rather glad he isn't, notice that security specialist story just fell to pieces in under a minute? As if Declan wouldn't be chortling behind a camera somewhere watching him unravel. Amateur."

With a certain smugness the monster watches Valen Rend rage impotently at a situation entirely of his own making. I suppose I might try something to get us out of here, but no rush. There's plenty to eat here for now. But no sense in letting these locksmiths know that.

He ponders the situation. Walls are solid, and one doubts I'll be able to chew my way out. Though that might be fun to try later. Looking at the spot Declan was seated he gets an idea. Why not weaponise the unknown? An idea strikes him. Striding over the Declan's chair, the spot he sat before departing the scene, Zilch picks it up. "This is where he was sitting. This one." the monster remarks to no one in particular.

If Declan is indeed listening, let him ponder the meaning. I'll let this play out a little longer, and unless someone else opens the door I will do it the Monster Way.

Chair in hand, he looks at Rend, grinning evilly. Or, the alternative. One ought to keep one's promises.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Rolls Carried
Zilch wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:59 pm Zilch leans to Phara, grinning. "It's like Mr Rend thinks he's in charge. I'm rather glad he isn't, notice that security specialist story just fell to pieces in under a minute? As if Declan wouldn't be chortling behind a camera somewhere watching him unravel. Amateur."
As he continues kicking the door, Valen says, "Never said I was in charge you Crusty Sock-Puppet. The security specialist spiel was on the spot after our contact who helped us plan for stealth, ported us into a cocktail party. Not my finest moment. Fate has completely f**ked me today. It is what it is. I am going to do my best to salvage the situation. Fate has also given you a beatdown today. You want to spend your time blaming me and Ash while throwing out edgy quips and softball insults, then go for it. Far less work that trying to get out of here. I am here to get my item, not make friends. Like I said there are probably a number of Attessi treasures behind this blast door. Treasures that belong to the shit stain that evacuated and left you in here with us probably for y our lack of Altessi 'purity. All yours for the taking if you help me get through this blast door. The faster we get through the faster we find a way out of here. Also this Declan is definitely watching this chortling. And if he knows what is good for him, he will hand over my item now. That way I don't have to brutally kill him for the crime he knows he commited."
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>

Some (but only a small amount) of MOD's initial disgust at Ashrak comes from the Rithe's comment on MOD's mate. Not that MOD objects to the idea of coupling, ey just is at a point in eir life where ey doesn't feel the need to find someone to spend eir life with, least of all a corporeal. After all, they do things with their bodies, things that involve bodily fluids, awkward facial expressions, and often discussions of the long-term future. MOD doesn't need any of that in eir life at the moment, even less if it involves Doctor White. That corporeal is all bodily fluids and awkward facial expressions. So the color returns to M's orb when ey realizes that Ashrak is not talking about Doctor White. Not that Zilch is much better.
Ashrak wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:00 am"Minions!? Tell me, do you experiment on them? We should compare notes. It is similar with that one, though he spoke well out of turn this time and is why we are in this situation. I leave escaping to him, we are here for his silly toy anyways." Ash admits. "If your mate-I mean, monster, wants to eat him I suppose it is proper recompense... No offense, Rend."
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:36 am"None taken, you malcontent wind bag. Stop brown nosing the phantom, and do something constructive."
"Huh? You mean Zilch?" M spins around to watch the fuzzy blue monster gnaw on one of the bar stools. I'm sure there are those that find an attractive quality in a partner. "No, def not my mate. He's just a hitchhiker we picked up on our way out of the Halo. Helping us out to pay for fuel. If he seems cool, we might keep him on our crew as the new guy, neh?"

"What's the deal with your guy?"MOD asks turning eir concentric circles at Valen. That question is best answered by Valen himself and Zilch.
Zilch wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:59 pm"It's like Mr Rend thinks he's in charge. I'm rather glad he isn't, notice that security specialist story just fell to pieces in under a minute? As if Declan wouldn't be chortling behind a camera somewhere watching him unravel. Amateur."
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:36 am"Never said I was in charge you Crusty Sock-Puppet... That way I don't have to brutally kill him for the crime he knows he committed."
M floats under Ashrak and peers over Valen kicking the door, a little more amused by the corporeal's antics. I wonder what type of corporeal thinks that they have the brute strength to kick down a reinforced door like that. Zilch is some sort of supernatural boogey monster, and even that would test his limits. Ey scans the full light spectrum around Valen to see if ey can detect any evidence of power. (Should ey also be able to see any electric signals indicating radio communication or the movement of electronic devices or machines, even better.)
Ashrak wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:00 am"Ah, but Phantom M! We are all things to something else! A thing can be anything, used with emphasis! Or even a thought... Trust me, my depravity doesn't start or end with my tentacles."
And once again, the color disappears from M's orbs. It's always tentacles. The only thing freakier than a corporeal with tentacles is someone that willingly speaks Trade 5.*

*Per Rate-A-Deity:
Praying.Mantis40 wrote:Juan Echo
Yayamama Pantheon
8 out of 10
For the God of Travelers, Juan Echo has pretty mediocre taste in luxury resorts. Too bad isn't the Yayamama God of Romance, 10/10.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (7/24)
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]
M wrote: "No, def not my mate. He's just a hitchhiker we picked up on our way out of the Halo. Helping us out to pay for fuel. If he seems cool, we might keep him on our crew as the new guy, neh?"
"A hitchhiker, you say? I'm quite fond of hitching, less so of hiking; but a lover of hitchhiking. Maybe I tag along. You are-- I mean, your crew is far more interesting than much else here. And with my contact soon to be dead, I'll have nothing else here. Rend might try to follow me." Ashrak remarks playfully, still following M passively like a moth. Yes, I must ensure my contact meets a horrible fate. Perhaps I feed it to their monster? Ashrak muses.
Valen wrote:
Rend wrote:"None taken, you malcontent wind bag. Stop brown nosing the phantom, and do something constructive."
"He can show you what the tentacles are for when you have a little more privacy."
Ashrak practically giggles a truly sickening sound as he floats around. "Constructive? Constructive would've been leading with dominatrix where I demonstrate exactly how enticing erotic asphyxiation can be to a would-be sub." Ashrak dismissively states, though doesn't hide his meaning as he fitters away. "I mean, seriously. Security Specialists? Why not simply broadcast that we're here to steal instead and save us this hassle of playing pretend." Ashrak says in a mocking way. "As least the Dom disguise has more amusement in it." He continues on, smiling a wicked grin whilst floating.

Ashrak floats and decides that watching Valen kick the bulkhead door is actually amusing. "Doing great, Rend. I think I saw it move a bit." Ashrak comments in jest as Valen continues kicking the door.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [45] = 45 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [19] = 19
MOD wrote:M stops trying to bend into a crack in the blast shield and points eir white and red circles at the Atlantean. "I wasn't going to abandon you. (Now that you mention it, anyway.) I was totally going to radio for backup once I got to the ship. (Now that I think about it, anyway.) But, like, if you can pass through these blast doors like me you're free to do so."
Phara barks a laugh. "Suuure, boss. That's absolutely why the moment we were stuck you dropped your skin and tried to Make Outta Dodge," she says with a chuckle, playing on her boss' consistent naming philosophy. That shit's gonna get us killed one day, she thinks wryly.
Valen wrote:As he continues kicking the door, Valen says, "Never said I was in charge you Crusty Sock-Puppet. The security specialist spiel was on the spot after our contact who helped us plan for stealth, ported us into a cocktail party. Not my finest moment. Fate has completely f**ked me today. It is what it is. I am going to do my best to salvage the situation. Fate has also given you a beatdown today. You want to spend your time blaming me and Ash while throwing out edgy quips and softball insults, then go for it. Far less work that trying to get out of here. I am here to get my item, not make friends. Like I said there are probably a number of Attessi treasures behind this blast door. Treasures that belong to the shit stain that evacuated and left you in here with us probably for y our lack of Altessi 'purity. All yours for the taking if you help me get through this blast door. The faster we get through the faster we find a way out of here. Also this Declan is definitely watching this chortling. And if he knows what is good for him, he will hand over my item now. That way I don't have to brutally kill him for the crime he knows he commited."
Phara glances to MOD. "If this guy's not lying, might be a good try to bust through the door. Could be profit." Turning back to Valen, "And hell yeah I'm sitting back. Got a nice siege weapon right here, but it takes sooo much effort to shoot it. Definitely more effort than kicking a wall because you aren't smart enough to plan contingencies."

She flicks her Volcano Rifle up to point vaguely in Valen's direction. "Could test it out right here, right now, though. What do you think?"
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Rolls Carried
Ashrak wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:21 pm Ashrak practically giggles a truly sickening sound as he floats around. "Constructive? Constructive would've been leading with dominatrix where I demonstrate exactly how enticing erotic asphyxiation can be to a would-be sub." Ashrak dismissively states, though doesn't hide his meaning as he fitters away. "I mean, seriously. Security Specialists? Why not simply broadcast that we're here to steal instead and save us this hassle of playing pretend." Ashrak says in a mocking way. "As least the Dom disguise has more amusement in it." He continues on, smiling a wicked grin whilst floating.
As he continues punching, “Ash, first of all it didn’t seem like a Dom/Sub party. We didn’t find it on Altessi Fetlife, and that could have got a lot more awkward very quickly. Also you Dom me? No one would believe it, because I am obviously a total Zaddy. My first gut instinct was pretend to be an exotic dancer, which I could sell, if I wasn’t in full armor. So yeah I went with Security Specialist. It would have worked if our contact hadn’t ported you without tools.”
Ashrak wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:21 pm Ashrak floats and decides that watching Valen kick the bulkhead door is actually amusing. "Doing great, Rend. I think I saw it move a bit." Ashrak comments in jest as Valen continues kicking the door.
This just causes him to start kicking harder.
Phara Vin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:49 pm Phara glances to MOD. "If this guy's not lying, might be a good try to bust through the door. Could be profit." Turning back to Valen, "And hell yeah I'm sitting back. Got a nice siege weapon right here, but it takes sooo much effort to shoot it. Definitely more effort than kicking a wall because you aren't smart enough to plan contingencies."

She flicks her Volcano Rifle up to point vaguely in Valen's direction. "Could test it out right here, right now, though. What do you think?"
“Your beauty is wasted on someone so cantankerous. But this is my first attempt at theft. Thought I had my bases covered with Ash. If you think aiming a gun at me that can get through the wall I am in front of will frighten me, you are wrong. If you think it will go through, go for it. I’ll worry about the consequences to me later.”
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Time stamp: 65 days, 10 mimutes has passed since the last GM post.

Conditions:
  • Kibiko: Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened. The Common area (bathrooms, storage area, bunk room, common area and the passage leading up to the cockpit is all gone. It's a smoking pile of rubble now. Comms unit needs to be replaced.
  • Roid: Low internal atmo pressure is causing degradation to temperature and life support systems. If left alone they will fail in 5 to 9 weeks.

29P

The Void Reavers settle into their new, very secure, digs and spend their time digging at each other.

A few even attempt to get out. Doc tries to phase his way out of the situation but is stopped in his tracks by that old foe: Force fields. If there is a gap in the force fields withing the walls, he doesn't find it. Valen delivers a few solid kicks to the walls before three ports open ion the ceiling and he is promptly hosed down by some kind of slippery foam spray. It makes the area around him ridiculously slippery, so much so that he falls and lands flat on his arse! He has to crawl and slip out of the affected area before he can stand up again.

It's all mildly amusing fun and games until Doc lets everyone know about a rift opening nearby. Not long after there is a series of loud thuds coming from behind the walls. Those of you with experience with such things note that they are likely explosions. As the minutes pass the explosions become louder and more frequent. To guess that there is a fight going on out there would be a fair assessment.

Eventually a chime rings out in the room like a gentle timer going off and the room quickly and completely unseals.

A glance out the window reveals a rift on the deck of the ship, over by the swimming pool and in front of the parked Kibiko. Jumping out of the rift in twos and threes you see alien gatecrashers! They seem to react badly to the ship and almost seem stunned. Others, who have overcome their initial shock, are going on a absolute rampage of destruction! There are leaders who are trying to direct the rampage towards an array of Altess combat robots and Abites, who are close to being overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the invaders. There are dozens of dead dismembered aliens strewn across the pool, beach and deck of the gaudy ship. The pool itself has taken on a new color, presumably the same color as thee Alien's blood.

It is clear that the leaders are directing the horde towards the Adventure's guild house

A glance out of any of the room's doorways, into the guild house, reveals that the Altess party goers are rather casually teleporting away from the danger. Valen can sense his prize! It's not far off! He instinctively knows which direct to go! By the feel of it, it's upstairs from where you are now. Through one of the recently opened doors he can see a set of stairs leading upwards.

It's fair to say that party has been ruined and that, at least this time, it's not the fault of the Void Reavers.

What are your intentions?
GM Notes

MAP of the floor you are on. You are currently in the middle "hall".

Please update your signatures with your current MDC / PPE /ISP etc remaining. I'll check it if it looks funky, otherwise it's up to you to keep this up to date. The only real consequence of not up-dating is getting focus fired by baddies in the next combat.

Butcher's Bill

Kibiko: Loot list examples include:

Section 17G, Biomes - Erza Ag Corp (loot: Hydroponic food units)
Section 95K, Survival is Earned Brand Combat Resort - Korg’s Roughriders / S.M.A.S.H. Entertainment (loot: Exotic weapons)
Section 42L, Field Generators - Colony KL98 resource acquisition Team 4 (loot: Force field generators)
Section 01A, Hanger Bay 4 - 425th Regiment, P’Qut Dominion Expeditionary Force (loot: PA and Robots)
Section 09Q, Power Array - Dept of Public Works, RedStone City (loot: Miniature high yield power plants)
Section 51C, Atmosphere Processing Plant - Jiffy Terraforming Company (loot: Atmosphere scrubbing units)
Section 69D, Last Dance Party - Jerry’s Juiced Geriatrics (loot: Killing Altess for fun and profit)
Section 45Y, Floating Meadows Residential Compound - The 929 Crew (loot: B&E, Altess mansion style)
Section 99X, Book of Truth Research facility - The One and Only True Finders and Followers of the Forge (Loot: Clues on the location of The Forge)
… Click to see more….
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [16] = 16
PER: 1d100: [46] = 46 vs. 41%

Galactic Lore: 1d100: [25] = 25 vs. 63%
Xenology: 1d100: [88] = 88 vs. 63%
To try and recognize the Necrols
Trade 5: 1d100: [98] = 98 vs. 92%
To converse with Valen
Valen Rend wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:36 am(In Trade 5) "This Altessi Forge-Fu**er has something that belongs to me. I am here to get my item. That is all I am here for. You can have absolutely everything else including Ash's take, he hasn't earned it, and I don't pay for sass. I am kicking this stupid wall because I have a limited skill set which doesn't include cracking this lock. It is why I brought a safe cracker, who apparently finds your lot more fascinating than helping me. But when devoid of the knowledge and/or tools for the job, sometimes the application of brute force can simultaneously be your only option and effective."
White responds with a drunken giggle as he takes all this in. Two seconds on the job and this duo’s already got intra-party intrigue! I wonder if they’ll get out of here before everyone except MOD and I suffocates? The thought prompts another high-pitched, drunken giggle. To Valen he just replies in Trade 5 ”Okie dokie! Have fun with all that- I know I am!” And he takes another pull from the bottle. I don’t care what anyone says, those Altess know how to throw a helluva party.
MOD wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:03 am"Those chuckleheads are my employees. Well, I don't pay them and the risk of death is somewhere in the range... let me do the math... carry the 2... 58%? Fux, that's high. Well, that's why I like to think of them more like minions... or hench-corporeals."
”CREW!” White bellows before taking another pull. He’s starting to sway back and forth now, but he continues to sit back and enjoy the show.
Ashrak wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:00 am"Tell me, do you experiment on them? We should compare notes."
This is an intrusion White cannot stand. He slams his bottle down (likely breaking it in the process) and bellows again, ”I’m the chief science officer, thank you very much! I do the experimenting around here, and WHY exactly do you want MY notes? I mean, I know why, in general, as I’m quite brilliant. But what, SPECIFICALLY are you after hm? Interspecies clinical trial funding? WMD prototypes? My skull-screwer?!?” White then hiccups and goes for another pull, only to remember that he broke that bottle. He leans back to the bar and grabs another.

Assuming White spots the alien invasion, at first he thinks it’s hilarious. He starts pointing and drinking and laughing. ”Lookit those snooty Altess fuckers! They’re getting torn up! Hahahahaha!” Then White realizes that the invaders are getting a little too close to the Kibiko and he decides it’s time to sober up quick. White puts the bottle away with a sigh and, if the security system/force fields keeping them prisoner are still in place, walks to the nearest wall or access port and uses telemechanics ((-10 ISP, not deducted)) to learn all its secrets. Preferably how to deactivate it. If White succeeds, or they’re already free to go, he’ll turn to MOD and say ”S’pose it’s time we were leaving. Do we try to get back to the ship?”
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [49] = 0
JiC 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Energy form: RAF roundel
Illusion: A dozen terrified uniformed human servants

Butcher's Bill
- 100 P.P.E.


MOD doesn't have enough time to enjoy the banter between Valen, an increasingly hungry Zilch, and an even more increasingly drunk Doctor White. Instead ey is busy avoiding the overly corporeal Ashrak, who is way too into non-corporeals for the phantom's liking. Ey zips around the room, adroitly keeping a respectable distance from the rithe. Ey does notice when the blast doors come down, but only because it is a means of keeping eir distance from the newcomers. Thank the fuxing forge.

Ey flies out of the room and (presumably passes through the hallway. Glancing out one of the windows, MOD notices a number of odd looking corporeals crawl out and head for the guild house. Well fux, can't be good for the Altess. Heh, couldn't happen to a more deserving group of pompous corporeal assholes. It does disappoint MOD to watch the bulk of the Altess casually teleport away. Cowards. Oh, wait. Ey looks at the newly arrived goons circling the Kibiko like disgruntled Swifters around a concert ticket booth. In a moment of genuine leadership that will surprise M when ey reflects on this, ey flies back to rally the troops.
Dr. White wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:05 am"S’pose it’s time we were leaving. Do we try to get back to the ship?"
"Damn fuxing right it is. Bert, Vinny, I want you to fire the Kibiko up and get it airborne. Meanwhile, I'm going to create a distraction and draw some of those corporeals away from the ship. Anyone that can fly is free to join the party. We'll jump on board once it's above the fray, neh?"

To that effect, MOD flies out of the Adventurer's Guild and generates a fairly large illusion. A dozen humans dressed in servants' uniforms clustered in an area of about 10 feet (-100 P.P.E.) run away from the invading aliens screaming complete gibberish. Some claw at their faces in horror as they run. For good measure M even adds a few dark wet stains to the rear of two or three of the illusionary humans. As they run, one shouts, "Don't leave us here master! Teleport us too!"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (7/24)
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [52] = 52 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [7] = 7
Armor of Ithan Force Field: 100 / 100

Phara laughs at the flailing Valen. "Jeez, you're doing a great job breaking out of here!" She turns to MOD, about to let em know she's going to start blasting when the security walls and force field drop, letting in the fresh, recycled air of the space station. "Fuckin' finally. I've got a gun here I'm itching to use on some Altess fucks."

As she registers the sound of combat, she snickers, "Though it sounds like someone else is way ahead of me." She ducks her head out of the room, eying the fight outside. No one can see the massive grin that spreads across her face, but her Volcano Rifle goes from slack at her side to a ready-to-fire position. She turns her head to her incorporeal commander, damn near bouncing like a violent kid in a blood-stained candy store, ready to run out and fire at all the fuckers out there who-
MOD wrote:"...Bert, Vinny, I want you to fire the Kibiko up and get it airborne. Meanwhile, I'm going to create a distraction and draw some of those corporeals away from the ship. Anyone that can fly is free to join the party. We'll jump on board once it's above the fray, neh?"
She groans. "But boss! I want to stay and shoot them! Ugh, fine. Let's go, Berty-boy." Turning her attention briefly to the still foamed up charlatan, she asks, "What about Slips and Hentai? We care about them at all?" She's definitely asking in a shoot-y way, not a friendly one. Regardless of the answer, she dips her head to view the scene again, then backs up a few steps. First decent damned firefight on the ground and I don't get a good piece of it. This outfit sucks.

She takes a moment to glance at the Reaver's pilot and shout at him, "Don't get shot!" she tells him, for sure bumping up confidence at least a full notch, before booking it out of the manor at full speed (70 mph), firing her Volcano Rifle ahead of her in an area to clear the path in case there's alien fucks or Altess tech in the way.
Combat
Initiative: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12
APM: 9

Action 1: Activate her armor's Armor of Ithan spell.

Action 2: Wide shot ahead of her to clear the way, making sure to not hit the Kibiko. Strike: 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 4, 6] = 20 M.D. to all combatants in a 30' area.

Action 3: Wide shot ahead of her to clear the way, making sure to not hit the Kibiko. Strike: 1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 1, 6, 3] = 16 M.D. to all combatants in a 30' area.

Action 4: Wide shot ahead of her to clear the way, making sure to not hit the Kibiko. Strike: 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 4, 1, 1] = 9 M.D. to all combatants in a 30' area.

Action 5: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+11: [20]+11 = 31 - Nat 20!

Action 6: Wide shot ahead of her to clear the way, making sure to not hit the Kibiko. Strike: 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 2, 6, 1] = 13 M.D. to all combatants in a 30' area.

Action 7: Wide shot ahead of her to clear the way, making sure to not hit the Kibiko. Strike: 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 2, 5] = 16 M.D. to all combatants in a 30' area.

Action 8: Wide shot ahead of her to clear the way, making sure to not hit the Kibiko. Strike: 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 2, 2, 6] = 15 M.D. to all combatants in a 30' area.

Action 9: Wide shot ahead of her to clear the way, making sure to not hit the Kibiko. Strike: 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 6, 5, 4] = 17 M.D. to all combatants in a 30' area.

Automatic Parries: 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24 ; 1d20+14: [13]+14 = 27 ; 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 ; 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 - Nat 20!; 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26 ; 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 ; 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 ; 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 ; 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16

Contingency Actions: She will use as many actions needed to run into the Kibiko and to the cockpit, giving up any action but 1 and 5 to do so. If her armor Main Body goes below half MDC, she will give up actions 7-9 to dodge and make it onto the ship. Dodge: 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 ; 1d20+11: [4]+11 = 15 ; 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23
If she makes it into the ship and to the cockpit, she'll start turning on the systems and getting it ready to fly.

Pilot: Small Spacecraft: Pass! - 1d100: [10] = 10 / 84% - Get the Kibiko ready to fly for the crew.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Perception 35%: d100: [65] = 65
JIC: d100: [21] = 21 , d20: [14] = 14
Armor: Head 50/50 | Torso 60/60 | Legs 40/40 | Arms 30/30
Conditions: Bio-Regeneration 2d6/hr., Invulnerable to Radiation, Non-Magical Energy Attacks Do Half Damage, SN PS, SN PE.

Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5


Valen recovers from the instability of the goo. Upon feeling his weapon reach out to him, he bolts up the stairs, without any concern for what lays up them. "I'll be right back, then I am going to kill these guys." What a f**king cluster. He will make a B-Line to it removing any obstacle in his way.

Initiative: d20+1: [5]+1 = 6

If he meets resistance running to his weapon, he will fight to remove obstacles, then grab his weapon and head down stairs.
Action 1: SPD 83 Run up the stairs.
Action 2: Unarmed Strike - To Strike d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 | Damage - 4d6: [2, 1, 5, 5] = 13 M.D.
Action 3: Unarmed Strike - To Strike d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 | Damage - 4d6: [5, 5, 4, 2] = 16 M.D.
Action 4: Unarmed Strike - To Strike d20+4: [15]+4 = 19 | Damage - 4d6: [4, 4, 1, 2] = 11 M.D.
Action 5: Grab Weapon
Action 6: SPD 83 Run Downstairs

Parries: d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 , d20+10: [4]+10 = 14 , d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 , d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 , d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 , d20+10: [4]+10 = 14 ,



If he can get to his weapon unhindered, then he will rip it out of the installation. And immediately turn to go back down stairs. He will engage the intruders with the combat rolls.
Action 1: SPD 83 Run up the stairs.
Action 2: Grab Weapon
Action 3: SPD 83 Run Downstairs
Action 4: Cosmic Weapon - To Strike d20+6: [7]+6 = 13 | Damage - 1d4*10+4d6: [4]*10+[1, 1, 1, 1] = 44 M.D.
Action 5: Cosmic Weapon - To Strike d20+6: [3]+6 = 9 | Damage - 1d4*10+4d6: [3]*10+[3, 5, 4, 3] = 45 M.D.
Action 6: Cosmic Weapon - To Strike d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 | Damage - 1d4*10+4d6: [3]*10+[3, 5, 4, 4] = 46 M.D.

Parries: d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 , d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 , d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 , d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 , d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 , d20+12: [17]+12 = 29
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [86] = 86
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [28] = 28 (PASS)

Conditions:
Range: 255 feet. Those trapped in the darkness are blind and -8 to strike, parry and dodge. The firing of weapons and energy blasts is equal to shooting wild and likely to hit an innocent bystander or comrade. Note: Infrared optics, thermo-imaging optics, heat sensors and exceptional hearing can be effective in this darkness (reduce penalties by half).
,
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.


The monster surveys the battle, licking his chops in anticipation. Oh look at all the little happy meals bobbing about! He notices Valen take off on his own mission, and merely shrugs indifferently.
MOD wrote:"...Bert, Vinny, I want you to fire the Kibiko up and get it airborne. Meanwhile, I'm going to create a distraction and draw some of those corporeals away from the ship. Anyone that can fly is free to join the party. We'll jump on board once it's above the fray, neh?"
Phara Vin wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:49 pmShe groans. "But boss! I want to stay and shoot them! Ugh, fine. Let's go, Berty-boy." Turning her attention briefly to the still foamed up charlatan, she asks, "What about Slips and Hentai? We care about them at all?" She's definitely asking in a shoot-y way, not a friendly one. Regardless of the answer, she dips her head to view the scene again, then backs up a few steps. First decent damned firefight on the ground and I don't get a good piece of it. This outfit sucks.
Zilch chuckles at the nickname 'Slips'. I like this Phara, pity she has pilot duty.

"Maybe you can land on a bunch of those fellows? I'm sure you and Sex Machine will have a chance to mush some fellows." the monster suggests to Phara. "Anyhow, I'm off to kill some people. Ta taa!"

The monster launches himself at the mass of combatants, surrounding enemies in darkness and making a beeline towards the nearest victim. Preferably one with a melee weapon. If I could get a sword or something useful I might do more damage that way. Oh let's see what these things have!

"Who's afraid of the dark?!" a voice from the darkness bellows. Then the destruction begins. Zilch cackles gleefully. A mad, maniacal sound. The sound of a monster finally free to do some serious monstering.

Darkness notes: Zilch throws a darkness sphere around some shmucks he's going to try and kill. The darkness will not hinder Phara and Sex Machine in their attempt to reach the Kibiko, but will provide him cover to hopefully kill folk more efficiently.

Initiative: 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10
APM: 8

Action 1: Flying Punch some unfortunate dude 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage: 6d6+6: [6, 5, 3, 6, 4, 1]+6 = 31 (plus additional +4/20mph - GM's call on how fast Zilch gets before impact)
Action 2: Punch 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , Damage: 6d6+6: [5, 1, 3, 5, 5, 4]+6 = 29
Action 3: Punch 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 6d6+6: [5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 1]+6 = 28
Action 4: Punch 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 6d6+6: [2, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3]+6 = 21
Action 5: Punch 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , Damage: 6d6+6: [4, 5, 1, 2, 1, 5]+6 = 24 CRIT - 48
Action 6: Punch 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 6d6+6: [4, 4, 2, 5, 2, 4]+6 = 27
Action 7: Punch 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 6d6+6: [2, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1]+6 = 24
Action 8: Punch 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 6d6+6: [5, 6, 2, 5, 2, 4]+6 = 30

Contingency: pick up a weapon he can use if possible. Zilch likes swords. Or Heavy Military Weapons. Or Heavy Military Swords.

Parries (+13 included): 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19 , 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28 , 1d20+13: [13]+13 = 26 , 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31 , 1d20+13: [20]+13 = 33 , 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28 , 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 , 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 ,

Auto Dodge (+7): 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 , 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 , 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 , 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [31] = 31
Conditions: Armor of Ithan (6 minutes)
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Armor of Ithan M.D.C.: 60/60
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.

MOD wrote:"Damn fuxing right it is. Bert, Vinny, I want you to fire the Kibiko up and get it airborne. Meanwhile, I'm going to create a distraction and draw some of those corporeals away from the ship. Anyone that can fly is free to join the party. We'll jump on board once it's above the fray, neh?"
Bert's personality changes at the sight of combat. "I am the Machine!" Bert bellows, before more reasonably responding. "Affirmative." Bert channels some energy into his armor's circuits, enabling the Armor of Ithan enchantment to flare to life, before flipping the activation switch on his jet pack to launch himself towards the Kibiko. Bert prepares to fire a few grenades into any creature that gets too close to him and his destination. We have the worst luck. Bert thinks to himself.


Initiative: 1d20: [14] = 14
Attacks: 4

Action One: Enpower Armor of Ithan Enchantment. (-10 P.P.E.; 60 M.D.C., Duration: 6 minutes)
Action Two: Fire up Jetpack and rush to the Kibiko. (Pilot: Jet Pack 1d100: [80] = 80 /66%)
Action Three: Fire Grenade Launcher at anything getting too close. (Strike: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D. (3' AOE))
Action Four: Fire Grenade Launcher at anything getting too close. (Strike: 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D. (3' AOE))

Parries as needed: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 , (+2 w/sword)
Dodges (vs unparryable attacks): 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 , 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 , 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 , 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 .

Contingencies:
  • If nothing needs shot, Bert will board the Kibiko and help get her ready to fly. (Pilot: Spacecraft General 1d100: [77] = 77 /74%
)
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 /39% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [88] = 88

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Mask I.S.P. [30min]| Mind Block [30 Min] | Forcefield: 110/110

Skills:


Post:
Uncultered Promethean wrote:”I’m the chief science officer, thank you very much! I do the experimenting around here, and WHY exactly do you want MY notes? I mean, I know why, in general, as I’m quite brilliant. But what, SPECIFICALLY are you after hm? Interspecies clinical trial funding? WMD prototypes? My skull-screwer?!?”
Ashrak flutters back at the Promethean's outburts and waves three tentacles in front of him. "CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER?! No doubt you have a wonderful laboratory! Would you believe me if I said all I wanted to do was learn? " Ashrak asks Doctor White briefly before breaking into laughter. "Hehehehe, Ah, hehe, I'm sorry. That was a bad joke. Ah, but no. WMDs are far too loud, I prefer a more... delicate touch." Ashrak continues, his tentacles moving awkwardly. This one undoubtedly has all sorts of secrets of the galaxies at his disposal. Given enough time, he will share them all with me. Either willingly... or unwillingly. Ashrak thinks, a devilish smile growing on his contorted face as he looks to Doctor White.

When Valen gets sudded from the soap-spray, the disturbing alien lets out a disturbing cackle. Each time Valen tries to stand and subsequentially falls makes Ashrak's laugh more uncontrolled. When the promethean mentions the Rift, it's barely enough to draw Ashrak's attention from his new entertainment. The sound of the outside explosions does attract his attention. "Oh?" He simply says as the walls open and the scene reveals itself. Ashrak looks upon the destruction with a delighted twinkle as the alien scans the field. Ah! My pack. Maybe I spare my contact after all... hmm... NAH! I'll fiiiiiiind you Ashrak sings as he recovers hsi pack that holds his explosives. "Hehehehe... the next door I'm blowing on sheer principle." Ashrak says to no one as he sways, securing his pack.
Rend wrote:
Rend's Girlfriend wrote:
Boss wrote: "Damn fuxing right it is. Bert, Vinny, I want you to fire the Kibiko up and get it airborne. Meanwhile, I'm going to create a distraction and draw some of those corporeals away from the ship. Anyone that can fly is free to join the party. We'll jump on board once it's above the fray, neh?"
"But boss! I want to stay and shoot them! Ugh, fine. Let's go, Berty-boy." Turning her attention briefly to the still foamed up charlatan, she asks, "What about Slips and Hentai? We care about them at all?"
"I'll be right back, then I am going to kill these guys."
Ashrak floats after MOD as MOD begins issuing orders. "Oh, why I would love to join your merry little band! I'm sure you have an animal pen for Rend to sleep in?" Ashrak asks, appearing to be quite sincere in his question. "Rend! We're hitch-hiking! Get your toy and let's go!" Ashrak says with the sound of utter glee. You'd think this was a party to him. Unless MOD or anyone in the Reavers actively stop him, he will follow them to the Kibiko.

Combat:
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19
Parries [with tail-blade]: 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 | 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 | 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 | 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 | 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 | 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8

A1: Activate Forcefield.
All other actions reserved for Dodge: 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 | 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 | 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 | 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 | 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 | 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Time stamp: 65 days, 1 mimute has passed since the last GM post.

Conditions:
  • Kibiko: Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened. The Common area (bathrooms, storage area, bunk room, common area and the passage leading up to the cockpit is all gone. It's a smoking pile of rubble now. Comms unit needs to be replaced.
  • Roid: Low internal atmo pressure is causing degradation to temperature and life support systems. If left alone they will fail in 5 to 9 weeks.

29P

While some of the other Reavers spring in action Doc, is a little bit behind the rest of the crew. He considers using his psychic powers to open up the room, but it slowly dawns on him that the room is already open and fully unlocked. Not only that but Bert, Vinny and Zilch are already racing off towards the alien horde. MOD is, um well it's, hard to say what that ball of light is up to but ey aren't talking so they must be doing something, right? Ashrak warbled on for a bit, but now seems to be joining the others in fighting aliens. Rend slips over (nat 1 initiative) before heading deeper into the guild house as fast as he could.

As Rend bounds up the stairs he reaches out and he feels it! He feels it coming back to him! After all this time, after all the shit he's gone though his weapon flies back into his grip. He fingers gripped tightly around the shaft he gasps with joy! Rend's facial expression is one of pure joy and delight. He is whole again! He promptly turns and races past Doc and out of the guild house, following the others toward the Kibiko.
Dr. White wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:05 am"S’pose it’s time we were leaving. Do we try to get back to the ship?”
"Yeah, I would if I were you, mate." Zwelk replies slowly and thoughtfully. Where the blazes did he come from? Doc looks down at the bottle of booze and wonders how strong this stuff, considering that he didn't notice Zwelk's arrival.

"You don't have long." He points upwards to wards the sky. "Yeah, coz a dreddy just arrived and is going all Book of Truth on all the scavenger's ships that are still up there". A quick glace out the window and Doc can indeed see a massive warship in orbit around Home, for Now. Even though the haze of booze Doc is amazed, thrilled, horrified and humbled at how quickly the assorted scavenger fleet is simply vaporized. All it takes it some streaks of light and proud, powerful ships become nothing more than a burst of light and debris.

"That's not the worst of it though. Ya see, someone decided to lob a bunch of metal heavy roids at us a while back. Sped em up to .96-ish the speed of light and just let 'em rip. Apparently that creates quite an interesting challenge, on how to stop 'em. Pretty hard to stop in real space and pretty hard to do anything about while in hyperspace cause as soon as ya drop out and back into the real the roid has already streaked off into the distance a healthly rate of knots, mate. I'm told fleet's been tracking and swatting dozens of the things, as best they can, for while now.

Shit just got real though, one suddenly appeared on the edge of the system! Who woulda thought... teleporting Asteroids. Anyway, you've got like 8 minutes before the massive gravity well something that big, going that fast, makes rips this orbital ring asunder."


Zwelk picks his nose and flicks a bloody booger off to one side.

"Yeah mate, you best fuck off. Get to ya ship an to FTL as soon as ya can. I've wagered a colleague that you'll be able to do it. So ya know, jog on."

Outside the guild house the Reavers plunge into the fray!

MOD's illusion draws some of the invaders away and opens a path towards the Kibiko. Vinny and Zilch charge in and get stuck into doing what they seem to love best, fighting and killing. Bert punches his leaps up and punches his jet pack at the same time, he is completely focused on getting back to the ship. He over does it though and loses control and spirals over on to his back, the ground fills much of his vision and he instantly knows he's gunna crash! (Failed pilot roll) In an instant the ground is obscured by an shimmering opaque force field.
"KNIFE DRONES! Here to save the MFing day yeah!"
A message is transmited across all channels

Bert has the sudden sensation that he's in a water slide like back when he was kid. Although instead of wet, watery fun and kid's excitement it's all blurred vision and fear as the violent and ever shifting Gs he is under change way too fast. To the rest of you you see over the melee Bert seems to be riding a carpet of little, appearing and disappearing force fields that guide him away from the ground. Those of you with sharper vision see four or Zwelk's knives flying alongside Bert emitting small localized force fields. Bert arc upwards and the knives drift way from him.

In the depths of the melee Vinny is gradually surrounded by aliens. Her cannon burning a path for her as she goes, leaving a trail of burnt corpses as she forges ahead towards the Kibiko. she is becoming frustrated with her lack of progress, there seems to be more and more aliens arriving. Zilch is a bit further forward in a cloud of dark so it's hard to tell what is going on with him. He far enough away that his dark doesn't hinder the other Reavers, but hew seems to be making slow progress as well. Ash, and eventually Rend catch up join the fight.

The knives that were previously helping Bert drop into the fray and start assisting! Knives plunge though Necrol's, force fields appear to protect Reavers from various blows and attacks! With the combined efforts of the Reavers and the knife drones soon the Reavers and making their way past the rift and arrive to the ship. A trail of dead necrols marking their path.

Zilch, Vinny, Ash and Rend reach the ship and find a groggy Bert on the ground. While the knife drones 'helped' him get back to the ship their help wasn't at all gentle. In fact, they left him careening towards the ship in an arc, over of control, and let him deal with the crash-landing himself.
What are your intentions?
GM Notes

Zilch, Vinny, Ash and Rend are at the ship. MOD and Doc aren't there yet.

Please update your signatures with your current MDC / PPE /ISP etc remaining. I'll check it if it looks funky, otherwise it's up to you to keep this up to date. The only real consequence of not up-dating is getting focus fired by baddies in the next combat.

Butcher's Bill for this post

Kibiko: Loot list examples include:

Section 17G, Biomes - Erza Ag Corp (loot: Hydroponic food units)
Section 95K, Survival is Earned Brand Combat Resort - Korg’s Roughriders / S.M.A.S.H. Entertainment (loot: Exotic weapons)
Section 42L, Field Generators - Colony KL98 resource acquisition Team 4 (loot: Force field generators)
Section 01A, Hanger Bay 4 - 425th Regiment, P’Qut Dominion Expeditionary Force (loot: PA and Robots)
Section 09Q, Power Array - Dept of Public Works, RedStone City (loot: Miniature high yield power plants)
Section 51C, Atmosphere Processing Plant - Jiffy Terraforming Company (loot: Atmosphere scrubbing units)
Section 69D, Last Dance Party - Jerry’s Juiced Geriatrics (loot: Killing Altess for fun and profit)
Section 45Y, Floating Meadows Residential Compound - The 929 Crew (loot: B&E, Altess mansion style)
Section 99X, Book of Truth Research facility - The One and Only True Finders and Followers of the Forge (Loot: Clues on the location of The Forge)
… Click to see more….
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d100: 1d100: [17] = 17
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [12] = 12 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.


Zilch disperses his personal darkness once the others draw near. Once on the ship he picks Bert up and gets him back on his feet.

"Right-O Mr Machine, on your feet. It's time to go!" Casting a look around him, he notices MOD and Dr White absent. Is he still at the bar drinking hooch?

"So where are the others?" the monster asks, looking about for Dr White. When he spots him, he grumbles to Bert, "You want me to fly back out and reel him in? The flying lightbulb ought not to need help, but the drunken doctor might... unless he has a fancy jetpack up his sleeves I don't know about?"

He looks questioningly at Bert.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Conditions: Armor of Ithan (5:45 minutes)
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Armor of Ithan M.D.C.: 60/60
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Pilot: Spacecraft General 1d100: [22] = 22 /74% success (Get the Kibiko ready to fly.)

Bert groans shortly after impact. Armor of Ithan does keep a majority of the damage out, but still just hit the ground like a brick. Bert makes the mental note as Zilch starts to help him up. "Didn't go as planned." Bert says before switching to his radio. "Thanks for the assist Zwelk. Owe you a drink at the very least." Bert relays over a general channel, before hobbling into the ship. Bert makes his way to the cockpit, and collapses into the co-pilot's seat. "Someone else is driving this time." Bert says as he goes over a truncated version of a pre-flight checklist. "Bus is leaving, get on or stay behind." Bert hollers over the team channel. Bert's gauntleted hands jab at the controls.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
MOD
Group Leader
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [86] = 0
JiC 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [21] = 21

Stuff
Energy form: RAF roundel

Skill Stuff
Math:basic (87%) 1d100<87: [99] = 0 - Calculate path to intercept with Kibiko (well, fux)

Butcher's Bill
- 101 P.P.E.


As the necrol invaders swarm over MOD's illusion, the phantom is filled with a grim satisfaction. Yes! Be distracted by my brilliant antics! Eir concentric circles ripple in amusement as the marauders try to slash at the illusions. Ey wonders how long ey can keep the illusion up. How long will this mindless rabble take to figure out that they are chasing their own tails? To answer that question, M has eir illusion circle back and head to the clubhouse. All the Altess and their underlings have prolly ported out. But one can hope.

As ey flies through the the clubhouse, the illusions wail, "Sweet luxury! Let me die in a pre-stressed exotic leather lounge! Let me steam the fear out before I face death!"

And then ey sees White in need of a doctor. MOD flies up to the intoxicated Promethean and starts to pulse a moderately bright light in his face (-1 P.P.E.) "Hey Doc! Get to it! We need to fly out of here."

If the Doctor gets remotely lucid, MOD will explain the situation: overrun by murderous necrols, the Altess teleporting away from Home, For Now, that the halo just named is set for demolition in who the fux knows how many hours or minutes, the Kibiko taking off without them, so nothing especially urgent. "Meet me on board the death trap, I mean ship."

MOD then flies upwards to meet with the Kibiko. Just upwards. Who the fux knows what MOD is thinking, if ey is even thinking at all. Ey assumes that since the Kibiko needs to get out of Home, For Now's orbit, it will go up at a steep trajectory. But ey doesn't think what that angle is, or in what direction. Ey just flies up and up and up, out of the atmosphere of the halo.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50 | M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70 | P.P.E.: 468
Bright lights, big sounds, always chaotic |MOD's jam of the month (7/24)
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [49] = 49 /39% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [85] = 85

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Mask I.S.P. [30min]| Mind Block [30 Min] | Forcefield: 110/110

Skills:
Pilot -- Spacecraft, Small: 1d100: [13] = 13 /79% (Pilot Kibiko / Understand Controls)

Post:

Ashrak follows Zilch towards the Kibiko and waves three tentacles towards the skull armored bipedal as Ash floats infront of him with a contorted smile. "Hello! I am Ash, gooood friends of the Doctor and this Monster, yes. And your captain, what a firefly!" Ash says floating inside, Ash looks back and calls to Rend with a haphazard care, whether he sees the knight or not. "Oooooooh Reeeeeeeeeeend! We're LEAVING!" Ashrak bellows in a near screech from the ramp of the Kibiko. Ashrak's bladed tail glancing off the metal ramp for effect.
Bert wrote:"Someone else is driving this time." ... "Bus is leaving, get on or stay behind."
Ashrak practically giggles as he hears the request. "Oh ho, ho, ho, hehe!" Ashrak's pitch increases "Please, allow me! I do so enjoy piloting." Ashrak exclaims and will move to the pilots seat next to the collapsed bipedal. Ashrak leans closer to Bert when the bipedal groans in pain, "I can take away your pain?" Ashrak offers, holding up a single tentacle finger before adding "You won't feel a thing, promise." He adds through the pursed lips of barely contained glee. This will be a fun ride, hehehe.

If Bert accepts his offer, Ashrak will cast Deaden Senses on the pained humanoid. If Bert declines his offer, Ashrak offers a visible sigh and audible "Oh." and then Ashrak focuses his efforts on understanding the Kibiko's controls. If Ashrak doesn't understand the controls, he'll curse under his lips. "They definitely don't design these controls with people like me in mind, do they, hehehe?" Ashrak makes a sick turn of his head towards Bert before relinquishing control to someone else.

If Ashrak gets the controls (Successful Roll), he'll take off with another giggle, strap in and look to Bert. "So tell me, do we follow the pirates code here... or wait for them?" Ashrak asks with a glint in his eyes. Ash will make an effort to intercept the flying ball of light or the promethean if he can, and will accept direction.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [71] = 71 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [19] = 19

Phara Vin very thoroughly enjoys the fight. At first. As more and more invaders stream in, she begins cursing them out as she tries to push through. "What are you fuckers doing? Respawning?" she yells at them. Finally, with the assist of the other Reavers and the Knives from Above, she makes it to the ship.

She spins about, watching the necrols about and waving her volcano rifle threateningly. "You come any closer and I'll liquefy you and your family!" she warns, before trying to close the hatch to prevent them access. A minute afterwards, she remembers her boss and the "doctor." Eh, they can both fly and shit. They'll be fine.
Bert wrote:"Someone else is driving this time." ... "Bus is leaving, get on or stay behind."
Ashrak wrote:Ashrak practically giggles as he hears the request. "Oh ho, ho, ho, hehe!" Ashrak's pitch increases "Please, allow me! I do so enjoy piloting." Ashrak exclaims and will move to the pilots seat next to the collapsed bipedal. Ashrak leans closer to Bert when the bipedal groans in pain, "I can take away your pain?" Ashrak offers, holding up a single tentacle finger before adding "You won't feel a thing, promise." He adds through the pursed lips of barely contained glee. This will be a fun ride, hehehe.
Vinny is about to protest as to Ashrak taking the wheel, considering she doesn't know or trust him, and MOD will probably be pissed once ey catches up to the Kibiko. Then she remembers that she doesn't care. "As long as you get us out of here Hentai, I don't really give a shit if you drive or not. Thing's a piece of shit regardless. We're still probably going to all blow up." Stupid way to go. Didn't even get any good loot out of all this.

She settles in at the weapons systems, and begins wantonly firing the laser down at the necrols or anything that isn't MOD or Doctor White that's following them.

Pass! - Weapons Systems: 1d100: [11] = 11 / 85% - Shoot stuff!
Fail! - Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [93] = 93 / 70% - Make sure path is clear of ships and other things. Also to find more stuff to potentially shoot.
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried))
Phara Vin wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:43 pm"As long as you get us out of here Hentai, I don't really give a shit if you drive or not. Thing's a piece of shit regardless. We're still probably going to all blow up."
"Oh I like this one, she's fiesty!" the monster says admiringly. Zilch takes a seat and, he's learned this part is rather important, secures his seatbelt. Safety first!

"If there's a nice heavy ship gun I can shoot with, I can shoot things." he offers, while looking about in his seat for something to do. Might suggest next time we loot a place with actual loot in it! This has been a bit of a bust.

He watches the strange tentacled thing operate the controls of the ship. It doesn't look that hard. Just push some blinking buttons thereabouts, a lever or two, and look confident. That is probably the most important part. Confidence. Don't let the ship smell the fear! Machine was in a total panic, and the ship was all over the place. Up and down, left and upside down! I am certain there is a connection.

Zilch wonders where and when he might get some flying lessons. He resolves to ask The Machine when this episode is over.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls Held]
Vinney wrote:"As long as you get us out of here Hentai, I don't really give a shit if you drive or not. Thing's a piece of shit regardless. We're still probably going to all blow up."
Ashrak's three tentacle left arm wraps around the controls as he turns to Vinney with a grin. "He he he! It's the pieces of shit that alllllllllways break right when you don't want it. By the way, what is this Hentai name you call me; something you might like to show me, I wonder? I do love trying new things." Ashrak asks in a nigh purr. It was so easy to insert myself into this motly crew, I didn't even need my abilities! They probably just need the right... poking. Ashrak thinks to himself and can hardly stifle a malicious giggle.

Ashrak turns to Zilch. "Beautiful Monster, do you have a name? I must know what to call the threat I plan to hold over anyone I meet; for you, mwah, are perfection." Ashrak asks of Zilch, then turning to Bert and Vinney. "Explosions and war aside, I'm Ash! Who might you be, lest we die not even on a first name basis! The audacity." Ashrak says holding up one free tentacle finger/arm with another weird smile while hopefully still guiding the Kibiko to MOD/DrWhite/Rend
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried))
Ashrak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:38 am Ashrak's three tentacle left arm wraps around the controls as he turns to Vinney with a grin. "He he he! It's the pieces of shit that alllllllllways break right when you don't want it. "
"Well if it's broken can I eat it?" Zilch asks hopefully. "I haven't eaten in five whole minutes!"
Ashrak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:38 am Ashrak turns to Zilch. "Beautiful Monster, do you have a name? I must know what to call the threat I plan to hold over anyone I meet; for you, mwah, are perfection." Ashrak asks of Zilch, then turning to Bert and Vinney. "Explosions and war aside, I'm Ash! Who might you be, lest we die not even on a first name basis! The audacity." Ashrak says holding up one free tentacle finger/arm with another weird smile while hopefully still guiding the Kibiko to MOD/DrWhite/Rend
Well it is about time someone noticed! Usually I have to eat two or three of them before they do. Maybe not this time?

The monster nods in polite acknowledgement. "Zilch," he introduces himself, "Monster in the Darkness. The Devourer. The Bogeyman. That sort of thing." He speaks matter-of-factly in a casual tone with a hint of boredom. He doesn't seem at all like someone who he feels the need to talk himself up to impress others. Why do you need to impress your food anyway? That is just silly!

He looks at his new crewmates. So are they food or not? He thinks it over as the ship accelerates to who-knows-where.

A thought occurs to him. "Bert picked me up not long before you, so I promised myself I would not eat him. Bert's a lovely fellow."

Yet another thought occurs to him. "Got any cookies?"
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[Rolls held]
ZMDTDTB wrote:"Zilch," he introduces himself, "Monster in the Darkness. The Devourer. The Bogeyman. That sort of thing."
Ashrak oooh's and aaaah's with each of the names Zilch says, thinking on such stories on his own world. "Zilch. We have such a legend on my home; called the Baba Jaga. A devourer who lures fools into their cauldron to be cooked and eaten. There are some... mmm... unflattering versions... but it is meant to scare little nithes back into their pods and ensure obedience to their parents." Ashrak comments passively, remembering one of the folk stories his father told him to scare him. At the time, Ashrak recalls being terrified of the thing in the dark that will eat him. Having met the thing in the dark, Ashrak finds himself curious instead. Perhaps this monster, or a similar one is who that story is based on. Zilch. Ashrak considers.
Zilch wrote:"Got any cookies?"
Using his free tentacle, Ashrak fishes out one of his fragmentation grenades. "Only thing I've got for you has a bit of a kick to it. He he he. Don't let any of it come back out." Ashrak says and then will hold up the grenade and toss it to the strapped in monster. "Ah! What an idea! Cookie bombs!" Ashrak suddenly exclaims with resounding glee at his idea. "Yes, yes. Must look into that after this." He continues to himself.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

((Rolls carried))
Ashrak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 pm "Zilch. We have such a legend on my home; called the Baba Jaga. A devourer who lures fools into their cauldron to be cooked and eaten. There are some... mmm... unflattering versions... but it is meant to scare little nithes back into their pods and ensure obedience to their parents."
"Fear is an excellent motivator," the monster agrees. "If you can stand all the blubbering and weeping!" He laughs a terrible laugh, and glances sideways in the direction of Valen. An evil grin spreads upon his fanged mouth. "Seems like we need a fool and a kitchen. Alas, we've no kitchen. A good part of this ship was damaged. What are we to do?" He shrugs evilly. "Raw and wriggling?"
Ashrak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 pm Using his free tentacle, Ashrak fishes out one of his fragmentation grenades. "Only thing I've got for you has a bit of a kick to it. He he he. Don't let any of it come back out." Ashrak says and then will hold up the grenade and toss it to the strapped in monster.
"Oh look at that!" Zilch catches the grenade out of the air with a shaggy blue hand. He sniffs it hungrily. "mMMMMmm"

"It even comes in a wrapper!" he says, while pulling out the grenade pin. As he does so the lever pops off with a clink, landing somewhere underneath the pilot's seat. Deep within the device a fuse begins counting down to detonation.

"Did I break it?" Zilch inquires with surprise. "Oh well, bon appetit!"

Without further ado, he pops the live grenade into his mouth and he swallows it whole.

"Delicious!"
Ashrak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 pm"Ah! What an idea! Cookie bombs!" Ashrak suddenly exclaims with resounding glee at his idea. "Yes, yes. Must look into that after this." He continues to himself.
"Omm nom nom nom nom!" the monster replies enthusiastically. "Yes, make more cookies."
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Ashrak wrote:"Please, allow me! I do so enjoy piloting... I can take away your pain?... You won't feel a thing, promise."
Bert shakes his head. "Yes to piloting, no to everything else." Bert says, not wanting to even understand what the alien is offering.
Ashrak wrote:"So tell me, do we follow the pirates code here... or wait for them?"
"Gonna be a minute before she's ready to fly. We've nearly broken the back on this ship twice over already." Bert says as he works some kinks out of the the startup.
Zilch wrote:"If there's a nice heavy ship gun I can shoot with, I can shoot things."
Bert shakes his head once more. "Sorry fella, only one gun on this crate. I'm pretty Sure that it's specifically Phara's spot at the moment." Bert says to Zilch.
Ashrak wrote:"Explosions and war aside, I'm Ash! Who might you be, lest we die not even on a first name basis! The audacity."
Bert sighs as he continues to work the controls. "Bert, ship mechanic." Bert says almost a bit gruffly. I would like to survive this. Bert thinks.
Zilch wrote:"Bert picked me up not long before you, so I promised myself I would not eat him. Bert's a lovely fellow... Got any cookies?"
Bert non-noncommittally shrugs, and inwardly shivers at the comment. Then when Ashrak hands Zilch a hand grenade, the Techno Wizard sighs. "Can we not play with explosives in the cockpit please. It is one of the few places that still works on this crap pile." Bert says using his dad voice.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [97] = 97
PER: 1d100: [2] = 2 vs. 41%

Not particularly interested in being left behind, White double-times it back to the ship (teleporting to keep up with the others if necessary). Unfortunately for everybody else, his lack of a need to breathe means that he can continue a stream of consciousness the entire way back. Such chestnuts as, ”Ooooo! I’ve never seen a near-relativistic collision before! Cap’n! Y’think we can stop and watch once we get to a safe distance?” And ”Dreadnoughts seem like a bit of overkill, don’t you think? Why can they just let us have nice things, after all. Think about all the credits they’re going to vaporize! I could fund so much research with that- even the bribes to get around the pesky ethics offices!” Why does everything have to be such a shitshow with this crew? ”Y’know, just once I’d like to finish a job without running away from someone!” And on and on. If he makes it back to the ship White will take a station on the bridge and try to find a view of the doomed Home, For Now.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 0/75, Body SDC: 405/408
;
373/495
,
60/60
,
GR-15AR: 0/30 rounds left; NE-4: 8/10 shots left.

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Nurse Ratchet
Game Master
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Nurse Ratchet »

Time stamp: 65 days, 2 mimutes have passed since the last GM post.

Conditions:
  • Kibiko: Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened. The Common area (bathrooms, storage area, bunk room, common area and the passage leading up to the cockpit is all gone. It's a smoking pile of rubble now. Comms unit needs to be replaced.
  • Roid: Low internal atmo pressure is causing degradation to temperature and life support systems. If left alone they will fail in 5 to 9 weeks.
With necessary haste the crew bundles onto their ship and get ready to depart. Luckily the ship was left in a ready-to-go state and in less than a minute is lifting off the deck and lifting up towards the skies above. On the way up it rendezvous with MOD and ey hop in through an open airlock. Moments after meeting up the distorted gravity form the incoming near light speed roid make themselves felt. The grav well the ships CG drives were gripping falls away and the ship suddenly skids over onto one side. It's like Bert is flying the ship again.

While unnerving it does provide an opportunity to leave the real and leap into hyperspace. An opportunity Ash the pilot grabs with all his tentacles. The FTL drives roar into life and the Kibiko blinks out of the very very dangerous real space and skips over into hyper. The crew sighs with deep relief as they are Safe, for now.

GM Notes

Everyone is on the ship and the Kibiko is in hyperspace streaking away from where Home, for Now used to be.

Kibiko:
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [88] = 88
Conditions: None.
HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/137
Weapons & Armor
Armor: TW Modified Environmental Armor (Heavy) M.D.C. (Main Body): 200/200
Weapon in hand: WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher Ammo: 10/10 AP Grenades.


Bert white knuckle grips the controls, as the Kibiko barely makes it away from a Near Relativistic Asteroid Collision. Bert isn't even aware that he's been holding his breath until his chest begins to burn, just as the ship slips back into FTL. Bert gasps several deep cleansing breaths before relaxing his grip on the controls. "That was not something I'd like to repeat in my lifetime." Bert says to no one in particular. Bert takes a moment to unfasten the seat harness and get up from the co-pilot's position. "Well you didn't kill us Ash, suppose there's something good about that." Bert says as he makes his way back into the jumbled mess that is the cargo hold. Bert sighs as he sees the mess once more. Never ending struggle. Bert thinks as he likely spends the next few hours refastening the cargo down and cleaning up what he can, having Zilch eat the trash that is unusable even for repairs.

Once Bert is satisfied the cargo is secure once more, he finds his chair in the garage an lays his head down on the bench. It doesn't take long for the exhaustion of the past few hours to wash over his bones and knock him to unconsciousness. When Bert awakens, he wipes a hand across his mouth and sighs. How long have I been out?
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 /39% (+20 regarding explosives)
JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [26] = 26

Conditions: Natural HF: 13 | Exceptional vision [2 miles] | Naturally floating [Max 30 MPH] |
HU2E, pg 256 | Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3
|
[HU2E, pg 234 | Easily recognize different textures: 70%+2%/Lvl | Identify Fabric or Material: 60%+2%/Lvl | Notice minute temperature changes: 60%+2%/Lvl | +10% to Rogue/ Card Sharp, Palming, Concealment, Pick Pockets/Locks, All Electronics/Mechanical/Medical skills | +1 Strike Aimed/Called Shots | -5 when Blinded v -8]
Sixth Sense [Inactive, 2ISP] | Mask I.S.P. [30min]| Mind Block [30 Min] | Forcefield: 110/110

Skills:

Post:
Bert wrote:Well you didn't kill us Ash, suppose there's something good about that."


As three of Ashrak's tentacles coil around the controls that spirited them away, the alien coos loud enough to be heard as the ship leaps away from whatever that was. Yes, I must remember to return there with a different ship, locate my contact, and feed him to my new friend. Unique, that one. Their leader too. The promethean... isn't immediately afraid of my kind which is also unique. This bipedal; I suspect he hates this ship. Maybe we can blow it up together! Ashrak thinks to himself, thinking on the newfound friends he thrust himself upon. Ashrak coils in the seat, turning towards the exasperated bipedal with a growing giggle. "He He He He! Thank you." He finishes, almost sweetly. Turning back towards their path, Ashrak hums.

"So, this ship is trash. We should blow it up or crash it and steal a new one." Ashrak says, almost matter-of-fact to anyone still around. Anyone who looks notices his tail-blade seems to be randomly swaying like a pendulum from side to side.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
User avatar
Phara Vin
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Phara Vin »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 / 32% +5% regarding vampires/the undead
JiC d100: 1d100: [33] = 33 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [18] = 18
Ashrak wrote:Ashrak's three tentacle left arm wraps around the controls as he turns to Vinney with a grin. "He he he! It's the pieces of shit that alllllllllways break right when you don't want it. By the way, what is this Hentai name you call me; something you might like to show me, I wonder? I do love trying new things."
Vinny shrugs as she focuses on the dinky laser gun she has at her disposal. "Don't know! Ol' fucker I knew back in the Warlock Marines mentioned it had to do with tentacles and women, so I figured you fit at least half the bill."

Once the group is safely reconvened and the situation isn't quite so dire, Vinny leans back in her seat and barks a laugh, pulling off her helmet and plopping it in her lap. She turns to the decidedly creepy Ash and smirks at him. "Your flying's better than the other guy's!" she says, jabbing a thumb towards Bert. "Last time he flew, I couldn't even stand up straight long enough to shoot the wacko's who tried to board us!" Whether that's a testament to The Machine's lack of skill or Phara's is up to Ashrak to determine.
Ashrak wrote:"So, this ship is trash. We should blow it up or crash it and steal a new one." Ashrak says, almost matter-of-fact to anyone still around. Anyone who looks notices his tail-blade seems to be randomly swaying like a pendulum from side to side.
The Atlantean grunts, playing around with her Volcano Rifle. "We got an asteroid-base-thingy. It's barely a half-step above this ride, but we're supposedly bringing atmo to it so we can at least breathe." She glances upward, and calls out loudly, "That's still the plan, right MOD? Or are we ditching that for some other half-baked scheme? Like crashing and blowing up this pile of shit?" We'd better be doing something more productive than this crap was. Didn't even get any cool new gear out of it. Just a bunch of scratches. Speaking of...

She stands up suddenly, grabbing her helmet. "Well! You and our ethereal captain can sort shit out like lack of pay or lack of sleeping quarters. I'm going to go and give my armor the love and care it deserves," As she speaks, she runs a finger down a barely visible scratch on the paint job, indicating that it was... maybe hit? By something? on the last mission.

Phara returns to what's left of her room (if any remains at all) and strips out of her armor and into something utilitarian, using a bit of downtime to try and repair the minor damage left on it.

Pass! - Basic Mechanics: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 60% - Do the repair thing!
Pass! - Basic Electronics: 1d100: [4] = 4 / 80% - Do the repair thing!
Fail! - Jury-Rig: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 55% - Do the repair thing!
Phara Vin
An Atlantean who's a bit too in-tune with her gear.

The Atlantean Herself
P.P.E.: 38 / 38
H.P.: 48 / 48
S.D.C.: 157 / 157

Warlock Combat Armor
Main Body M.D.C.: 398 / 400

Permanent Conditions
  • Impervious to shape-changing/metamorphosis.
  • Sense the presence of vampires/VI's within 1,000 feet.
  • Sense Ley-Lines up to 5 miles away, Nexus Points up to 10 miles away, and open Rifts within 20 miles.
Whispers
  • Warlock Combat Armor whispers with burgundy, italicized text. (#800020)
  • Other, familiar objects whisper with green, italicized text. (green)
  • Miscellaneous objects whisper with orange, italicized text. (orange)
User avatar
Valen Rend
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Valen Rend »

Perception 35%: d100: [83] = 83
JIC: d100: [63] = 63 , d20: [17] = 17
Armor: Head 50/50 | Torso 60/60 | Legs 40/40 | Arms 30/30
Conditions: Bio-Regeneration 2d6/hr., Invulnerable to Radiation, Non-Magical Energy Attacks Do Half Damage, SN PS, SN PE.

Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5

The Machine wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:37 pm "Well you didn't kill us Ash, suppose there's something good about that."
Velen who is sitting nearby, "He hasn't killed you yet! Give him time. Never underestimate Ashrak's desire to kill you. That is how you get killed."
Ashrak wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:00 pm "So, this ship is trash. We should blow it up or crash it and steal a new one."
"It has been some time since I even needed a ship, but Ash is right. Right now beggars can't be choosers, but this ship is not one I would want to pirate in."
Phara Vin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:16 pm "We got an asteroid-base-thingy. It's barely a half-step above this ride, but we're supposedly bringing atmo to it so we can at least breathe." She glances upward, and calls out loudly, "That's still the plan, right MOD? Or are we ditching that for some other half-baked scheme? Like crashing and blowing up this pile of shit?"
"I have always wanted to visit an asteroid thingy."
Phara Vin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:16 pm She stands up suddenly, grabbing her helmet. "Well! You and our ethereal captain can sort shit out like lack of pay or lack of sleeping quarters. I'm going to go and give my armor the love and care it deserves,"
"A woman loving her armor, sounds hot. Hope you have a blast."

Wait I haven't officially joined the crew. "On that note, I would like to sign up. You could use my muscle and I can use a gig. Plus I bring with me a respectability you may find useful. Former Cosmo Knights tend to strike fear in the hearts of many. Even respect in some. All the skill, a few less powers, but none of the rules. I help you guys pirate and you give me three hots and a cot plus a modest cut of the take. And as a bonus I won't intentionally kill your new pilot, Hentai. That is a hell of a deal. What do you say?
Valen Rend Character Sheet
M.D.C.: 104/104
P.P.E.: 195/195
Night Vision 200'
Invulnerable to Radiation
Resistant to Energy: non-magical energy attacks do half damage.
Coma/Death: +31%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +13
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +13
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Disease: +5
Mind Control: +5
Drugs: +5
User avatar
Zilch
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Zilch »

JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [73] = 73
Perception: 29% (44% in darkness) / 1d100: [80] = 80 (FAIL)

Conditions:
Range: 900 feet. Alerts to the presence of powerful life forms who are more than human, such as supernatural creatures, other super beings (including mutants and aliens), Major and Master Psychics, and those imbued with magic. It cannot identify or pinpoint the location of the superhuman life forms but will let the character know they are within his sensing range. Life Sense also warns the character when he is severely injured and his own life is in danger of slipping away. This occurs when the character is down to 20% of his M.D.C. or less, as well as when he has just eaten or been injected with lethal poison/venom. Furthermore, the character can sense when others within range are hurt and dying. In the latter case, the superhuman can actually track the sensation to the injured, dying individual (if a good guy, it is to help find and rescue the person, if a bad guy, it may be to gloat or finish the poor soul off).
,
The character's stomach into a bottomless pit, capable of eating nearly anything and his teeth and jaws are capable of chewing steel bars. The stomach of this person transforms 95% of everything eaten into pure energy, meaning that no mater how much he eats, it is digested or harmlessly dispersed without him getting fat or too full. The character can eat even inorganic, non-foods, like stone, metal, glass, rubber or plastic.

Ashrak wrote:"So, this ship is trash. We should blow it up or crash it and steal a new one." Ashrak says, almost matter-of-fact to anyone still around.
"A third rate ship, but I'm sure it will make first rate second course." He looks at the walls, wondering what flavour the walls might be. Soon...
Phara Vin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:16 pm The Atlantean grunts, playing around with her Volcano Rifle. "We got an asteroid-base-thingy. It's barely a half-step above this ride, but we're supposedly bringing atmo to it so we can at least breathe." She glances upward, and calls out loudly, "That's still the plan, right MOD? Or are we ditching that for some other half-baked scheme? Like crashing and blowing up this pile of shit?"
"Agreed. This endeavour only yielded a pilot, monster and a...." he spares a glance at Valen, "whatever you are supposed to be." Examining his black streaked hair, he makes a conclusion. "Hairdresser? Gigolo?"

He turns back to the crew, curiously looking at them each in turn. "I haven't been out in deep space for some time. There was the business of being sealed away for a century or so until that salvage crew came along, so now I am quite happy to make up for lost time." He sorts through his memories, and finds he can't account for how he wound up with the Altess. He distinctly recalls killing each and every member of the salvage crew once they had departed his world and entered deep space, then the silence that followed. But from that point to the Altess dining room there is nothing. I might have been floating in that wreck for decades until someone picked it up. He looks over the crew of the Kibiko. I probably ought to take a different approach. Be a pirate, travel through space, kill things and learn how these ships actually work. Hrm, yes. Very well, let's not kill everyone this time! They're probably not very tasty anyway, and they can lead me to better meals out there in the void.

"Let's find some fat merchant ship and take it. Or a weapons facility? I could use a gun, or sword, or even knife and fork. I've been meaning to try this whole civilised thing."
Valen Rend wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:50 am Wait I haven't officially joined the crew. "On that note, I would like to sign up. You could use my muscle and I can use a gig. Plus I bring with me a respectability you may find useful. Former Cosmo Knights tend to strike fear in the hearts of many. Even respect in some. All the skill, a few less powers, but none of the rules. I help you guys pirate and you give me three hots and a cot plus a modest cut of the take. And as a bonus I won't intentionally kill your new pilot, Hentai. That is a hell of a deal. What do you say?
"Yes positively terrifying," the monster returns with a broad wink. As Bert departs the monster glances in his direction. Oooh! It's time for a snack! "I'm going to go over there a while," he points to Bert and the rubble in the mid-section of the ship, "try not to frighten anyone while I'm gone." He departs with a snicker.
The Machine wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:37 pmNever ending struggle. Bert thinks as he likely spends the next few hours refastening the cargo down and cleaning up what he can, having Zilch eat the trash that is unusable even for repairs.
Zilch examines the wreckage with Bert. He looks positively delighted at the prospect of sorting through all the broken bits and bobs that made up important parts of the ship. Without further ado he gets right into it. Following the tech's lead, the monster uses his muscle to lift out things to salvage, bend things back into their original shape, and gobble up things that are no longer useful.

He especially likes the third option, and smacks his lips appreciatively as he devours various items Bert no longer requires. I wonder how long it would take me to eat up this whole ship?

While working, he comes across some busted container lids with handles. Oh this is perfect! he thinks, and proceeds the batter out a tune on the debris while working away.


Play Percussion/Drums (Professional) with Trash 70%: 1d100: [61] = 61 (SUCCESS) <-- an improvised trash bashing rhythm

Music, or something like it, echoes through the ship.
OMM-nom-nom-nom...
M.D.C.: 440/581
Hyperactive metabolism M.D.C.: 45/45
Assuming Zilch ate at least 100lbs of food in the last hour
,
P.P.E.: 62/62
,
Nightvision: Can see perfectly in ordinary, magical and his own unnatural darkness. Range: 900 feet (274 m) in normal darkness; 45 feet (13.7 m) in his own, unnatural, darkness.
User avatar
Ashrak
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Re: [VR] Home, for Now.

Post by Ashrak »

[rolls held]
"He hasn't killed you yet! Give him time. Never underestimate Ashrak's desire to enslave and/or kill you. That is how you get enslaved and/or killed."
Phara wrote:"Don't know! Ol' fucker I knew back in the Warlock Marines mentioned it had to do with tentacles and women, so I figured you fit at least half the bill." .. "Your flying's better than the other guy's!" she says, jabbing a thumb towards Bert. "Last time he flew, I couldn't even stand up straight long enough to shoot the wacko's who tried to board us!""
Ashrak listens intently. "Heheh... It's the tentacles. Makes the difference in everything!" Ashrak says, wiggling his three free tentacles and his tail blade. "And there are some women here! Does the species matter with this Hentai? I can already think of dastardly things!" Ashrak giggles "Yes, I like that callsign, he he he, it'll send the right message." Ashrak nods, snapping his neck back to Rend. "And you still live, yes? See, I am good luck, and you got your weapon back. Thanks to my contact." Ashraks practically coos to Rend expressing a noticable chipper attitude but one can't really tell why... So quick to share, invite and drop guard. Telshak would have already tried subduing one or two of these specimens... She was never one to play with her toys but she always broke hers. I like the loooooooooooong game hehehe besides! I've already found a shadow and light monster that coexist?! Rend got his weapon back so he is indebted to me and I will make sure he remembers it. Maybe he can help me find the fabled Forge... Ashrak considers in thought, humming out loud as he pilots and Phara coninues.
"We got an asteroid-base-thingy. It's barely a half-step above this ride, but we're supposedly bringing atmo to it so we can at least breathe." She glances upward, and calls out loudly, "That's still the plan, right MOD? Or are we ditching that for some other half-baked scheme? Like crashing and blowing up this pile of shit?"
"On that note, I would like to sign up. You could use my muscle and I can use a gig. Plus I bring with me a respectability you may find useful. Former Cosmo Knights tend to strike fear in the hearts of many. Even respect in some. All the skill, a few less powers, but none of the rules. I help you guys pirate and you give me three hots and a cot plus a modest cut of the take. And as a bonus I won't intentionally kill your new pilot, Hentai. That is a hell of a deal. What do you say?
"Agreed. This endeavour only yielded a pilot, monster and a...." he spares a glance at Valen, "whatever you are supposed to be." Examining his black streaked hair, he makes a conclusion. "Hairdresser? Gigolo?
Ashrak giggles again and holds up a finger "Rend, so quick to threaten indirect violence. One day I must introduce you to my sister, Telshak. If you think *I* have a fascination with death she will give you a new definition for the word Rend." Ashrak says with a smile. "But I agree with my ever violent counterpart; let us officially join you! My tentacles are already wrapped around your ship, and I know a good many people in the underworld. Tis how we found Rend's weapon that he hasn't thanked me for yet." Ashrak continues to anyone on the bridge.

When Phara and Zilch leave for their personal duties, the alien waves a single tentacle towards them as they leave as a "'bye' without looking back at them and stares out with a growing, disgusting smile. The alien can barely contain his glee. First time for everything, he he he. And visibly starts tapping one of the tentacles to whatever beat Zilch manages to make echo through the ship. Maybe I should learn to sing... or an instrument! Ashrak considers whimsically.
Ash, your friendly, local, floating, tentacle monster
Link to Ledger

M.D.C.: 184/184
I.S.P.: 192/192

Horror Factor: 13 | Exceptional Vision [Rabbit up to 2 miles] | Natural Flight (max 30MPH) | Heightened Sense of Touch (always on) |
HU2E, pg 256 | Always on| Invisible to All forms of mechanical/technological detection and scanning (appears as barely noticeable blur), has to physically trip alarms | Hard to notice by anyone: +10 Prowl/Palming/Concealment | Can cloak one additional individual at level 3


Coma/Death: +6%
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
Insanity (12+): +7
Psionics (varies): +5
Possession (varies): +4
Illusions (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
When Blinded: -5 instead of -8
Locked

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”