The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.
Post Reply
User avatar
Underguard
Dimension Master
Posts: 1201
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Underguard »

Image


This building is shaped like a pyramid and is home to countless residents and several different businesses.
  • The Tattoo Shop: Run by an ancient-looking Chinese man and his three daughters, this shop offers standard tattoos (non-magical) of superior artistic quality.
  • The Eyes of Fortune: Fortune-telling young psychics offer psychic readings, read tarot cards and offer glimpses of the patron's fate and future.
  • Karla's Herb Shop: Karla sells common herbs, vitamins and tobacco at reasonable prices.
  • The Briar Room: The Briar Room is a tobacco specialty shop offering fine cigars and pipes, mostly briar but also meershaum and others. Operated by an old merc that goes by the name of Brolock, the business features a very comfortable, private smoking lounge for its customers.
  • Psychic Healer: A no questions asked clinic where first aid and healing are performed...for a price.
  • Metal Man Body Chop Shop: A low-grade chop-shop that sells "used" bionics and cybernetics and offers cybernetic & bionic augmentation.
  • Food Court: Features seven different vendors offering a variety of fast food for 1-5 credits per food item.
  • Mystic Tailor & Garment Shop: Occupies most of the 2nd floor and is the largest business in the Emporium. Specializing in robes, cloaks, hoods, and outfits for Ley Line Walkers and other practitioners of magic.
  • Top Floor Residence: The peak of the Pyramid is home to a married shifter and ley line walker who are frequently away on adventures.
The Pyramid Emporium is the default "mall" for anything not otherwise covered in a Merctown shop.
Rifts: Earth Dimension Master
H4H GM || GIRLS GM || Spooks Temp GM|| Theme Song
PCs: | Exe (PW GA) | Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW GR) | Granas (PFRPG) | Isaiah Peirce (BTS)| Ashrak (Void Reavers)
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Barric Darkwind »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice] | [dice]2[/dice]

Barric strolls into The Briar Room with his hands secured firmly in the sleeves of his robe. The Tokanii can't help but smile wickedly from ear to ear at the sight and smell of this place, "And here I thought heaven was a scantily clad woman with sharp horns and a strong back. This place just might give that fantasy a run for its money." Barric will take some time to peruse all that's available to him, making mental notes of the wares for later purchase. If he is able to see the private smoking lounge, the Mystic will approach a salesperson and ask about it, "Pardon me, but is the smoking lounge open to all guests? I would love to sample a few of your incredible cigars."
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

The man behind the counter is in the humidor with his back to you as you approach. His greying hair is long but neatly kept. Oddly for someone in the mystic quarter, your eyes pickup that he has a cybernetic arm. He hears you ask about the smoking lounge and turns to greet you when you each lock eyes.

His face; you know his face. The shop seems to dissolve around you, replaced by a road outside of Tolkeen, the flames of wreckage illuminating the night. It was farmlands outside of Tolkeen, April 6th of 107. The last time you had seen his face he was pinned beneath a burning rocket bike. His face stands out because in his wide-eyed fear you spared him. It was the first Coalition soldier you had spared. That same look is now on his face even though he now bears many scars and his hair has greyed.

He is still, waiting on you to make a move until he seems to make his mind up about something. "Yes, the lounge is open to guests." He watches you intently.
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Barric Darkwind »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice] | [dice]2[/dice]
Screams illuminated the flames wrenching into the night sky.

Barric held his warhammer by his side, streaks of blood cascading down the handle. His chest heaved with every heavy breath. Even with his supernatural endurance he had reached his limit during this battle. Around him the Silver Hand had worked to finish off the remnants of the Coalition Forces that had ambushed them in the night. Barric’s eyes flashed across the charred remains of the farm, watching as support beams within the barn crumbled to the ground in flames. He sighed softly, inhaling a massive breath of black smoke which reeked of sulfur and flesh. From across the field of battle, Barric heard the familiar voice of his father, Aegon, bellow out with the call of the Silver Hand.

In response, Barric raised his warhammer in the air and cried out in unison with his brethren, “AH ROOS AS GHULII!” In death we live…. In this neverending war, Barric felt as though their mantra had never been more true. Especially on days like today, where poor farmers were caught in the crossfire between two warring nations. Walking forward, Barric spied the corpses of the farm owners who he had come to know as friends. They were Fennodi, a peaceful people, a people who had offered their home to any who needed it. As their Whisker Coyote licked the wounds on their faces, Barric felt himself force back a tear from his eye.

From his left, Barric heard the sounds of struggled moans emanating through the night sky. Turning slightly, Barric eyed the smoldering hull of a Coalition rocket bike slammed nose first into the earth. From around its blackened shell, the Tokanii noticed a human hand desperately grasping at the metal. Narrowing his vision, Barric slowly approached the wreckage and found a man garbed in the black armor traditional of his enemy. The man cursed Barric as he approached, instinctively reaching for where his sidearm should be. Sighing, Barric knelt down next to the man, still choosing to observe his struggle rather than speak.

“Do your worst, D-Bee scum!” the man burned through bloody breaths as he continued his struggle to free himself.

Snorting something close to a laugh, Barric began to notice the fear in his eyes, “I’m afraid you won’t be able to remove that by yourself.” Barric’s eyes began to track the nose of the rocket bike to its rest point squarely on the man’s other arm, “If you’d let me, I can free you. Although by the looks of it, that arm is gone regardless.”

“...you’re not here to kill me are you?” The man’s words cut through shaken breaths.

“I’m afraid not,” Barric said with a frown, “I feel as if we’ve seen enough death for one day. On the count of three, ok? One, two….”
Invoke Trust: [dice]3[/dice]/65% PASS! ((In the essence of fairness, I accidentally posted with my other PC account and rolled a 66% before deleting it.))
Barric stands frozen for a brief moment. This man was the first reminder of the war he had encountered in quite some time. Its him. I would remember that face anywhere. To think that we’ve both found ourselves in MercTown all this time later…. Shaking off the thought, Barric returns his typical smile to his face, “Err, thank you. My name is Barric Darkwind. It is a pleasure to meet you.” I wonder if he remembers me as well. I wonder if our encounter changed his feelings towards my kind. “Do you have any recommendations for cigars? It’s been awhile since I’ve had the pleasure of browsing a selection such as this. I must admit a little guidance would be much appreciated.”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

Image

When Barric greets him kindly, the man relaxes. "It is indeed a pleasure... and under more civilized circumstances. Carter Brolock, but call me Cab." he says waving you back behind the counter into the humidor. "Do you prefer something more spicy? These I enjoy a lot for something on an easy day. he says pointing to a tray of black-banded cigars. "Hoyos. They've got good history. I prefer them with a pale ale." he says, offering you a cigar and then reaching into private refrigerator behind the counter where he brings forth two bottles of ale. "Let's have a seat in the lounge."

Image

Many deep, rich brown arm chairs fill the room, oriented around several beautifully crafted wood tables. Comfort is the theme of this room. Merely stepping into the smoking lounge makes a person feel like a king, while sitting in one of the luxurious chairs confirms it.

After retrieving glasses from a cabinet in the lounge he takes a seat across from you. Cab strikes a match taken from one of the drawers on the table to light your cigar when you have settled. He then opens and pours your ale (if you want it, if not he only opens his own). After lighting his own and settling in him self, he takes the time to attend to the flavor. Finally, leaning forward he speaks again.

"So, what do you think? They are smooth but with a bit of bite after." he says, pausing for another draw. The rich aroma of fine tobacco mingling with good leather fills the air. "There really aren't any simple words to offer. Any sort of thanks would be silly I think. THIS however is what I hope for between us." he says, waving vaguely and looking around at the room. "This place, you and I and any who come in peace may sit in comfort with one another and be kings for an hour, one king to another." he says, taking a drink. He doesn't seem in a hurry for any answer; content to sit, smoke and drink.
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Barric Darkwind »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice] | [dice]2[/dice]
Cab wrote:"So, what do you think? They are smooth but with a bit of bite after." he says, pausing for another draw. The rich aroma of fine tobacco mingling with good leather fills the air. "There really aren't any simple words to offer. Any sort of thanks would be silly I think. THIS however is what I hope for between us." he says, waving vaguely and looking around at the room. "This place, you and I and any who come in peace may sit in comfort with one another and be kings for an hour, one king to another." he says, taking a drink. He doesn't seem in a hurry for any answer; content to sit, smoke and drink.
Barric casually blows a few rings of smoke through his lips as he sits back in relaxation. Kings…. “Aye, I would agree. This is what I would hope for as well. Tranquility in a constant state of war. Simple peace in dire times. This is what I would hope for all who saw what we saw, for all who did what we did,” the Tokanii says, pausing to tap the ash off of his cigar, “Cab, I dare say you’ve found yourself a fantastic cut of life.” I should look into finding something similar. Not now, perhaps, but one day. “I envy you. My path still has many trials in it. Still so many sins to account for. Soon I will have to take my leave of this town and head out seeking more answers, but when I return it would be nice to sit down and chat about where our lives have taken us since that fateful day.” Barric extends a large clawed hand towards Cab, “It has been my absolute pleasure. I would love to take a box of these with me on the road if there are some for sale.”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

As you conclude their leisure time, Cab replies "Absolutely. Times like these are short. I love this shop, but even for me I have to have multiple incomes as well. Warring isn't one I'm looking to get back into." he says, walking back to the humidor. He retrieves a box and hands it to you. "A gift between you and I. If your travels take you abroad, I'm always looking for pipes, tabaccos and cigars. Keep me in mind." As he hands you the box he leans in, his lips barely moving. "I have people in and out of here a lot and get to hear things. Be careful out there. Something is moving through the city out of sight. I know how movers and shakers attract trouble. Keep an eye out behind you." And with that he shakes your hand and watches you leave.

As you step back out on the street, you happen to see Neela from earlier pass by in a hurry. She stops and back tracks. "Mr. Darkwind. Funny I catch you now. I'm very late and have to be on my way, but here." she says, handing you a sealed letter. The seal is that of the MercTown magic guild. "Take care. I must be off." and with that the Wolfen is off at a near sprint. Opening the letter you find very nice stationary and this penned on the page:
sealed letter wrote:Barric Darkwind,

Come see me at your earliest convenience, grand hall, the Magic Guild.

sincerely,

Annias Cearcy
-
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 78%
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot

John enters the Mystic Tailor and Garment Shop browsing extensively. Frowning, he walks up to the front counter. "Um, this is awkward. I thought you sold, you know, magic clothes. Not clothes for mages."

He looks around the store again, leaning on the counter. "So... uh, I need magic clothes. Ones that can change size. A lot. If you don't have that... my friend Numo says they've got illusionary clothes on Atlantis? This is sounding more like a long shot. Honestly, even pants would be pretty great."

OOC: Numo, the wolfen who runs the Kingsdale Magick Guild store (and is a contact of John's) is canonically obsessed with studying the Splugorth and Atlantis - Juicer Uprising pg. 109. Looking for a Wardrobe Amulet Splynn Dimensional Market pg. 28-29. 500,000 credits for pre-programmed outfits. Ultra Rare.

Availability Rolls
Lore: Magic: [dice]3[/dice] / 51% (86%-35% for UR)
Research: [dice]4[/dice] / 21% (56%-35% for UR)
Appraise Goods: [dice]5[/dice] / 41% (76%-35% for UR)

Barter: [dice]6[/dice] / 31% (66%-35% for UR)
Invoke Trust: [dice]7[/dice] / 0% (35%-35% for UR - not sure if getting a crit success on this roll would count)

Seeing resistance in the shop owner's eyes, John calls Menelaus Clotho and Geoffrey "Geoff" Blackman, one at a time, explains the situation and asks if they can do anything to help him out. "I'd really like to have at least imaginary pants."

OOC: Using both Powerful Contact rerolls with +10% to the skill as per the availability rules on Research and Appraise Goods.
Research: [dice]8[/dice] / 31% (56%-35% for UR+10% for Powerful Contact Once Per Quad Reroll)
Appraise Goods: [dice]9[/dice] / 51% (76%-35% for UR+10% for Powerful Contact Once Per Quad Reroll)


John nods sadly when the clerk tells him they don't have anything, and says, "Okay, well, let me know if you find anything. You can reach me at the Roughnecks compound." He then provides the address/phone number and leaves to Uncommon Knowledge
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 148/148
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 1100'
• See the invisible
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

The Spooks make their way to the Pyramid. The wide array of shops dazzle the mind. It may be one of the few places the Spooks don't stand out. Taking the elevator to the 7th floor, they find an oddity among the various magic shops; that of a mundane tobacconist. Entering, there is the pleasant, robust aroma of aged tobacco and spices. The lights are low, the climate perfectly controlled and what can only be describe as a relaxed atmosphere invites everyone as they enter.

Image

Brewster Brolock, a man likely in his 40s or 50s, sporting, curly salt and pepper hair greets everyone as they enter.

"Ah, welcome to the Briar Room. I am, Brewster. What can I do for you?" he asks, though everyone is fairly sure he knows exactly who they are and why they are here, though he persists with formality.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [8] = 8 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [4] = 4
JiC D100: 1d100: [49] = 49

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), See the Invisible (240', 40.00 Min)

ISP: 225/231 ISP (-4 = 221)

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [72] = 72


Taking the elevator up, Lahz spies the Briar Room from a short distance as they walk up and turns to the others, "Well that is nowhere near as large or busy as I was expecting ... I suppose everyone should come in. Wayne, the shop may need to be closed to the public for the rest of our meeting ... nothing drastic but, y'know, close the door so we can get some level of privacy." Then, given their locale, Lahz activates his
See the Invisible (-4 ISP) psi-power.

As they enter, Lahz notes the greeting and pauses a few seconds to look around the interior of the shop for doors/cameras/anything of concern. *Seems like a very unlikely location for another CS ambush/assault ... *
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [82] = 82

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Skills

Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [40] = 40 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [27] = 27 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [81] = 81 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [27] = 27 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [68] = 68 /78%


Post
Ace wrote:"Well that is nowhere near as large or busy as I was expecting ... I suppose everyone should come in. Wayne, the shop may need to be closed to the public for the rest of our meeting ... nothing drastic but, y'know, close the door so we can get some level of privacy."
Ronan listens to Lahz and nods along. "More than meets the eye I wager." Ronan adds as they approach the outlet.

Ronan walks in with Lahz and looks around the room, Ronan scrunches his nose at the cigars and scoffs. Never been much of a smoker; can't even do it on fleet. I wonder if Reed still smokes. Ronan muses at the sight and a potential I'm back gift for his friend and contact down at the Arms Market. Ronan walks up to Brewster and leans on the nearby counter. "Well, I'm looking for a box of your finest cigars. A gift for a close friend who's also sort of a refugee here." Ronan says with a smile, taking one of the nearby loose singles and smelling it. They smell good though. He muses.

After a moment, he places it back down and reaches into his pocket, placing the message disk on the counter that he received from the courier. "and we hear you're looking for mercs." Ronan finishes, nodding towards Lahz.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:55 am Perception [51%]: 1d100: [8] = 8 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [4] = 4
JiC D100: 1d100: [49] = 49
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [72] = 72


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), See the Invisible (240', 40.00 Min)

ISP: 225/231 ISP (-4 = 221)


To the degree that this appears to be the Brewster Brolock from the video, and nothing dangerous is sensed (whether invisible or not), Lahz nods to the man when Ronan mentions the Merc-contact, "Indeed. You reached out, what are you seeking?"

The Psi-Tech examines the prospective would-be friend-of-a-benefactor with a practiced eye -- Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy [0 I.S.P., 1000' for beings not using magic or psionics, and Identify types of Paranormal Creatures 98%: 1d100: [57] = 57 ] -- as he listens for response ...
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Fully suited up again, Wayne takes the elevator up to the 7th floor with the rest of the crew. When they head inside, he remains exterior to the tobacconist, leaning against the door frame.
Lahz wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:55 am"Wayne, the shop may need to be closed to the public for the rest of our meeting ... nothing drastic but, y'know, close the door so we can get some level of privacy."
"Nothing drastic. Our specialty, right?"

Arms crossed, his left hand grasping his vibro-knife, his mask staring straight forward daring any who cross his path to dare ask him a question.

I can't believe he didn't take my call. We've known each other for how long? How rude. In contrast to his frightening demeanor, his thoughts are sensitive and hurt. Guard duty. So banal. I hope they at least bring me a cigar. Preferably a Lonsdale, but I would take a Perfecto at this point.
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Perception 21%: d100: [7] = 7
JIC: d100: [85] = 85 , d20: [9] = 9
Status: Head 107/107 | Body 415/415 | Arm 65/65 | Leg 115/115
Impervious to Psionic Bio Manipulation and Telemechanics, Go without breathing for up to two hours, Coma/Death: +0, Magic (varies): +3, Lethal Poison (14+): +0, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0, Insanity (12+): +1, Psionics (15+): +1, Mind Control: +0, Possession: +5, Horror Factor (varies): +0


Ethan hangs close to Vheld, keeping watch for threats. He points out anything that stands out so Vheld, who is more experienced, can assess and tell Ethan what to do. While they wait he asks Vheld, “How long have you been a Mercenary?” It’s strange that the magic user isn’t in this meet up a iconic location in the mystic quarter. One would think he would have a more imposing presence here…more sway than the others.


Initiative: d20+3: [14]+3 = 17
Action 1: Parti­cle Beam Weapon: To Strike: d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 | Damage - 6d6+6: [3, 4, 1, 4, 4, 2]+6 = 24 MD | Range - 2000'
Action 2: Dodge - d20+8: [16]+8 = 24
Action 3: Parti­cle Beam Weapon: To Strike: d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 | Damage - 6d6+6: [4, 2, 3, 3, 4, 6]+6 = 28 MD | Range - 2000'
Action 4: d20+8: [20]+8 = 28
Action 5: d20+8: [5]+8 = 13
When using Energy Rifle/Particle Beam entire Round
Action 6: Parti­cle Beam Weapon: To Strike: d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 | Damage - 6d6+6: [1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 5]+6 = 17 MD | Range - 2000'

Parties: d20+6: [17]+6 = 23 , d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 , d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 , d20+6: [7]+6 = 13 , d20+6: [11]+6 = 17
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Vheld »

Vheld wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:31 pmJIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [77] = 77
PER: 1d100: [61] = 61 vs. 79%
Vheld arrives, dismounts, and enters the building with Sil at his heels. The shifter will pass a disinterested eye over the wares on display; Vheld is never one for indulgences of the sense to begin with, and one often needs to run away from demons. Then again, I suppose I’ll want to buy something if I want to make the barest effort and looking like I’m not here with Lahz and the others. A soft sigh. Very well. Let’s get this over with. Studiously ignoring the others, Vheld will perk up when he sees Ethan. Guess I’m minding the new… guy? Sure, why not. Vheld will wave Ethan off towards a corner seat- far enough away from the others that they’re not obviously together, but close enough that V and Ethan both have clear line of sight on the meet. Before sitting, Vheld jerks his head towards the proprietor and addresses Ethan. ”You want anything? My treat.” Unless the ‘borg specifically says no, Vheld will approach the counter and say ”What is your most expensive cigar? Give me two of those.” (Or only one if Ethan requests something else, which Vheld will get in addition to his own cigar. Then he will sit, light ‘em up, and probably cough loudly for at least a minute afterwards.
Ethan Gaunt wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:29 pm“How long have you been a Mercenary?”
Vheld pauses between exhalations and coughing. ”Ack-em! Who can even keep track anymore- between the temporal anomalies, extra-dimensional incursions, and surprise wars it feels like it has been over a decade. But let me see…” Vheld’s tone and gaze fade as he does a little mental math. ”Yes. About four years now. So” Vheld leans forward and says in a low voice. ”How’s your hearing? I may need to listen through Sil, and hers isn’t much better than mine.”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 311/345 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Roles Carried
Vheld wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:32 pm ”You want anything? My treat.”
"No but thank you very much for the offer. My wife hates . . . hated the smell of those things." Ethan clears his throat. "But please feel free to partake and enjoy."
Vheld wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:32 pm ”Ack-em! Who can even keep track anymore- between the temporal anomalies, extra-dimensional incursions, and surprise wars it feels like it has been over a decade. But let me see…” Vheld’s tone and gaze fade as he does a little mental math. ”Yes. About four years now. So” Vheld leans forward and says in a low voice. ”How’s your hearing? I may need to listen through Sil, and hers isn’t much better than mine.”
"Temporal Anomalies? Incursions? Wars? Sounds very exciting. I went to Kingsdale once. Despite the tension between the CS and Kingsdale I was able to attend a conference on Cybernetics. As for my hearing I haven't reviewed the hardware nor could I, seeing as I can't seem to remember anything related to my years of education in cybernetics, but knowing my creators, probably the best money can buy."
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

The Spooks get down to business. Ronan inquires about a box of cigars and also mentions they are here for the job. Brewster nods politely with a smile. Lahz mentions closing down the shop for their meeting. Brewster seems to have the same idea. Once everyone is inside, the sound of something metal moving can be heard. Brewster flips a sign on the inside of the door, which says, "Out for Lunch". As he steps away, metal shutters on the inside lower down.

Anyone who is monitoring radio traffic notices that suddenly all transmissions cease. Lahz looks for the invisible but nothing leaps out. There is a wooden Indian in a corner that looks quite aged. Vheld however can see that it and several walls are considerably magical.

That aside, the quiet that settles on the shop is inviting rather than oppressive.

Brewster goes to his shelves, swinging out a small section to reveal a hidden portion of the humidor and retrieves a box and two extra cigars and takes it to Ronan and Vheld. "If you are wanting to impress this woman..." he says with a smile that implies a question of Ronan's romantic intentions with the woman. "Then I happen to have these." Ronan can smell something both sweet and bold. It's invigorating. "Hesperides. This tobacco is grown in Atlantis. They say it has a mystic nature, embuing even the most mundane people with visions of the future or the ability to see spirits. It is prized by the wealthy there. The box itself carries a magic that maintains the the flavor and experience of Hesperides. Fifteen thousand credits for the box and the 20 cigars within. For two it is 1,600 credits. But come, let us speak of the job first." he says, handing the box to Ronan and the two extra cigars to Vheld.

Brewster offers a box of wooden matches to Vheld. The aroma of the Hesperides drifts through the room. Vheld's mind relaxes as old but mildly pleasant memories that he had forgotten, return to his mind. ((gain 3 temporary P.P.E.))

Drawing everyone to the smoking lounge, they find rich, plush leather arms chairs and asks them to take a seat.

"I'm glad to see you came. I am Brewster Brolock, which I'm sure you all already discovered. I have contacted you on behalf of an anonymous party. I will tell you everything I know. First, the client had originally contacted another merc group here in town. But they apparently have disappeared from the city. Their job was to infiltrate Chi Town. Don't ask me how, I don't know. But that was the plan. There is a bio lab within the city where a parasite was being cultivated that could kill a large amount of the beings in North America. It was discovered in or around the Devil's Gate. While that seemed to have been the goal to find something lethal to D-Bees, it also had a mortality rate of 10 to 20 percent among native humans. Apparently the brass considered it too big of a loss of human life and ordered the project terminated. However it continued in secret. The other mercenary group was supposedly going to destroy the lab and all records of it.

What the client didn't know was how close to being discovered, the renegade research was. The ineptitude of the force the Coalition sent it allowed the researchers to escape to the burbs with a significant colony of the parasite. Dog boys tracked them down, but not before a smuggler had been hired under false pretenses to take the package to Lazlo. The courier has no idea what he, she or it is carrying. Unfortunately the researcher who delivered the parasites to the courier took his own life to prevent it from being taken from his mind.

The parasites are supernatural in nature, able to endure mundane fire, cold and a variety of other conditions. It's supposedly airborne, but it's lifespan is short, less than a week. The reproduce by dividing every hour they have magic energy available. They either kill the host or die from a lack of nutrition. Humans survive it mostly by lacking magic energy, generally. Apparently it feeds off that energy, which is why it's so lethal to supernatural creatures. It's microscopic and enters the blood stream. More alarmingly, it seems to have the ability to bore through EBA on a microscopic level. Cryogenically freezing them will suspend their activity, but also suspends their mortality, keeping them lethal until thawed. There is some mechanism that will release the parasites once it is in Lazlo. Whether it's a time release canister or a sealed box of some type, I don't know. Those in the know in the CS have switched tactics now that the trail has went cold, destroying all evidence, in anticipation of the worst, to save their own careers. Two of the researchers were captured alive, tortured and their minds delved for any information. I have told you that information. The client at the time contact me to find another mercenary company to track this package down, secure the parasites and destroy them. I had given up on trying to contract this job because there wasn't anything to go on. No merc was going to take such an open ended job. I talked to many steeped in magic and psionics, keeping the details to myself. But they seemed to feel it was too little to go on. I could only pray it wasn't as bad as the client was suggesting.

Then, just yesterday a mystic here at the college had a strong vision of death descending upon the continent. Her visions were so strong that she had to be sedated. It was of an invisible enemy that doubles itself and eats everyone from the inside, out. She knew it would start in Manistique on 131. I happened to learn that from a regular customer here. All at the college viewed this as a semi distant future event. Either January 31st or 131 PA. But that news bothered me, so I did some digging. What would say if I told you that in two weeks there is a hover train that is leaving from Manistique, bound for Lazlo? What if I say the number of the hovertrain is 131? No one in Merctown knows of what I've just told you, aside from us in this room. The pay is real. I had considered having the whole train destroyed once it leaves Manistique, but if the parasites are as tough as they suggest, it might not be enough to wipe it out. The lakes are filled with creatures magic as well as mundane. I think it would be all too likely that these parasites would escape an explosion, short of a strategic nuke, and might simply be spread more quickly by such an explosion. I personally feel that getting the package, whatever it might be, is the way it has to be done. I don't know who the courier is or what the package looks like. I will provide a cryo cooler and tickets to take the hovertrain from Manistique to Lazlo. The trip takes 12 hours usually and maintains a water route for the Trek, making a few stops along the way. Your must find the package before it reaches Lazlo. I don't know how the package was intended to release or unseal once it reaches Lazlo. It's possible the smuggler was given instructions to open the container or package once they reach there or perhaps there is something else to this. That's what I know. Do you have an questions before making a decision?"
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

Wayne looks surley outside, but then receives a call from Wen. "Ah just got your call. So sorry. Your Cantonese is terrible. Why you make my ancestors cry? Practice more. But about Brewster, yes I know him. Ex-Coalition. He's like Fixer, but for professionals. He deals in higher paying jobs that tend to be dangerous. He's very picky and doesn't work with lazy people. Considering how little you practiced Cantonese, he may not work with you. My nine year old nephew learned to speak Cantonese in one month while running my brother's restaurant and going to school. Maybe Brewster hire him instead." Wen says jokingly... mostly. "Where you at? You sound like you're in the Pyramid. Let's eat."
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [10] = 10 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [17] = 17
JiC D100: 1d100: [53] = 53
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [66] = 66

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), See the Invisible (240', 40.00 Min)

ISP: 225/231 ISP (-4 = 221)


Finding no invisible observers or watchers, Lahz listens carefully to Brewster's pitch about an anti-magic type virus, *A contact on behalf of an anonymous client ... hate those. Someone infiltrated Chi-Town and lifted the horrific parasite-based weapon the CS found to have too much collateral damage? Frankly 20% seems way inside their comfort zone, which is why work continued. BUT ... then CS does get wind and chases researchers out into the Burbs with Parasites. Apparently the Researchers ... not the prior Mercs who are just gone ... they hired a smuggler had to take the Parasite-package to Lazlo. Since these are CS researchers, who have opted to send the damn stuff to a place with a target population ... feels like another Gemini situation. Why are we cleaning up after the CS so much? ... A Mystic has a Vision ... some invisible enemy that doubles itself and eats everyone from the inside, out starting in Manistique on 131 ... in 2 weeks there is a hovertrain 131 heads from Manistique for Lazlo. Ok his client told him to find another mercenary company to track this package down, secure the parasites and destroy them, but HE feels getting the package, is the way it has to be done ... He wants to provide a cryo cooler and tickets to take the hovertrain from Manistique to Lazlo, then wants us to bring the thing back? ... here? Well that seems like foolishness.*

"Why bring it back here to Merctown? Why not kick this package off-world into the damn Sun?" The Psi-Tech examines the prospective would-be broker-for-an-anonymous-client-who-is-asking-the Spooks-to-bring-him-a-tailored-weapon-of-mass-destruction. "Who was the Mystic with the vision? Is she awake? ..."

"I suppose I feel like if the CS Researcher's sent it, there will be some tech-device keeping things ultra-cold. That should not be horrifically tough to find." *Nor would it be tough to just go up to the front of the train and y'know ... Psi-Tech-shut-it-down if we needed to delay. But bringing the thing back here seems ...*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

Brewster looks at Lahz optimistically and nearly exclaims, asking "You can get it to the sun?" as if a weight is lifted off his shoulders. "I'm sure I can arrange an extra million if you can send it there. I actually don't know how to utterly destroy them. I had considered a magical disintegration. You're right that there ought to be something keeping it ultra cold but there might be another type of containment. Considering it's a train and presumably being smuggled, I expect it won't be blatantly obvious. The train is a large one that carries goods from Northern Gun and Manistique to Lazlo. It usually has around 500 passengers and a couple hundred tons of cargo. I'm only sharing what information was passed to me. As for the mystic, ask for Ee'sha. She's awake. She lives in the outskirts. 448 Fountain Rd."
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Perception 21%: d100: [17] = 17
JIC: d100: [54] = 54 , d20: [16] = 16
Status: Head 107/107 | Body 415/414 | Arm 65/65 | Leg 115/115
Impervious to Psionic Bio Manipulation and Telemechanics, Go without breathing for up to two hours, Coma/Death: +0, Magic (varies): +3, Lethal Poison (14+): +0, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0, Insanity (12+): +1, Psionics (15+): +1, Mind Control: +0, Possession: +5, Horror Factor (varies): +0

Virtus wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:00 pm "I'm glad to see you came. I am Brewster Brolock, which I'm sure you all already discovered. I have contacted you on behalf of an anonymous party. I will tell you everything I know. First, the client had originally contacted another merc group here in town. But they apparently have disappeared from the city. Their job was to infiltrate Chi Town. Don't ask me how, I don't know. But that was the plan. There is a bio lab within the city where a parasite was being cultivated that could kill a large amount of the beings in North America. It was discovered in or around the Devil's Gate. While that seemed to have been the goal to find something lethal to D-Bees, it also had a mortality rate of 10 to 20 percent among native humans. Apparently the brass considered it too big of a loss of human life and ordered the project terminated. However it continued in secret. The other mercenary group was supposedly going to destroy the lab and all records of it. . . . That's what I know. Do you have an questions before making a decision?"
Did he say 10-20%? How was that number arrived at. Was there an incident? Controlled testing? Almost immediately after hearing the mortality rate among native humans, it is obvious Ethan is uncomfortable, but he holds his sound emitters until the request for questions is posited. "I am sorry, you said the 'Brass' thought that the mortality rate of 10-20% was too high? How did they collect this data? What little we know about how magic works, one thing is clear we are not even close to knowing what percentage of the population of earth has untapped magic potential, where was it tested? If tested among the CS there have been almost an two entire generations of citizens who fled out of fear that they would become targets because there family was associated with magic. The representative population of the CS would have far lower percentage of the population of magically inclined than other cities, or the earth at large. There are D-Bees who have done nothing but live peaceful lives, that this would destroy them as well. This could literally rival the apocalypse in casualties. I remember reading a study on the effects of cybernetics on those who were magically inclined. I can't for the life of me remember the speculated percentage. It is like on the tip of my mind. But my gut says if we fail and this is weaponized it will be another end Apocalypse." He backs up to a chair and sits down in contemplation.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:42 am Perception [51%]: 1d100: [10] = 10 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [17] = 17
JiC D100: 1d100: [53] = 53
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [66] = 66
Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), See the Invisible (240', 40.00 Min)

ISP: 225/231 ISP (-4 = 221)


The Psi-Tech shrugs, "I knew a Shifter about 40 years ago who opened a portal so we could lob things into the a Sun ... I'm not sure it was our Sun, but .... really who cares? I guess the key would kind of be ... how big the container is. If it is literally a Train-Car, I am not sure. If it's a backpack ... I think no problem??" He waits to see if Vheld kicks in an objection, but otherwise figures the problem can be covered.

Lahz then flips open his Drone Control Gauntlet and begins typing in the info for the Mystic with the Vision, *I hate visions, you can never see enough ... and they require a crapload of trust. It's kind of cute he thinks h needs to buy us tickets for a train though. I wonder if we should take them ... Like we would ever blindly let this guy decide where on the Train we would locate ourselves. I mean he seems very altruistic, but *
  • Ee'sha.
  • 448 Fountain Rd.
Ethan Gaunt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:14 pm"I am sorry, you said the 'Brass' thought that the mortality rate of 10-20% was too high? How did they collect this data? What little we know about how magic works, one thing is clear we are not even close to knowing what percentage of the population of earth has untapped magic potential, where was it tested? If tested among the CS there have been almost an two entire generations of citizens who fled out of fear that they would become targets because there family was associated with magic. The representative population of the CS would have far lower percentage of the population of magically inclined than other cities, or the earth at large. There are D-Bees who have done nothing but live peaceful lives, that this would destroy them as well. This could literally rival the apocalypse in casualties. I remember reading a study on the effects of cybernetics on those who were magically inclined. I can't for the life of me remember the speculated percentage. It is like on the tip of my mind. But my gut says if we fail and this is weaponized it will be another end Apocalypse." He backs up to a chair and sits down in contemplation.
When the new guy opens his mouth and starts demanding more info the Psi-Tech's eye harden and his brow drops, **Shut up shut up shut UP ... Who the hell told him he could speak? Gah he comes across as a bleeding heart and a tactical moron. Who gives a crap if the numbers are accurate enough for his satisfaction? Brolock says he gave all the info he had. What you have given him is that you are apparently emotionally invested, and have some kind of knowledge of the workings within a CS bureaucracy. I seem to recall someone showing up on our doorstep looking to kill people a few hours ago. He was a moron, but he would not have suggested we would do the job for less money. Anonymous job. Do you really think he's going to start naming CS officials for you?**

If Brewster appears steamed, Lahz will shake his head and shrug, "New kid." He then looks over to Vheld and Ronan for their respective [Yes/No] and then back to Brolock, "11 Million including disposal. 10% up front. Balance on deposit with MercOps as Escrow?"

OOC: Lahz is making reference to a company that brokers Merc deals and holds money for completion (so that no one gets short-changed with illusionary payment)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [86] = 86
PER: 1d100: [38] = 38 vs. 79%

Vheld finds somewhere to sit and enjoys the cigar. As his reserves perk up slightly, the shifter arches an eyebrow in surprise, and delightedly (by Vheld’s standards) takes a few more puffs in rapid succession. Maybe I should take this up. It’s not like I need to breathe. He pays, and murmurs ”Delightful. I’ll take two. to Brewster. Vheld then sits back and listens impassively to the briefing, smoking away and occasionally reaching one hand down to scratch Sil’s head. He’ll frown at the mention of Chi-Town. Not another Gods-damned clandestine Coalition experiment with disastrous consequences. I should do the Megaverse a favor and rift that city into the sun or something. He pauses in his smoking for a moment, contemplating the logistics, before giving it up as a pipe dream and shaking his head. Save the megalomaniacal schemes for the Splugorth. Speaking of which… Vheld’s frown deepens to a scowl as Brewster describes the nature of the targets, for lack of a better term. Sounds like Splugorth filth, but worse. If that vision is to be believed, we don’t have much of a choice. At least this time it’s a paying gig. And no nukes. Yet. As the discussion turns to the logistics of destroying the thing, Vheld volunteers ”If we render them inert, I should be able to rift them to a decaying orbit around the sun, if not the sun itself.” Or better yet, a black hole. Vheld will search his memory of growing up in the Three Galaxies for any singularities he could reach with a rift- but failing that he’d settle for the sun. He nods and sits back as Lahz works on the negotiations, idly practicing smoke rings with his newest purchase.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 311/345 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [68] = 68

Pressing a button on his gauntlet to accept the incoming call, Wayne smiles beneath his helmet. "Wen! You'll have to get your nephew to tutor me! Sorry about your ancestors, you know what I think about mine. I'm in front of Brolock's right now. Yup. Watching the door. Food? Dim sum? Oh, you know I love dim sum. Let me get back to you after this job. Unless you want to come visit me at Brolock's?" Please bring me dim sum. And a dragon tattoo. He continues scowling under his helmet at anyone who walks by while casually brandishing a knife.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [83] = 83

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Skills

Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [30] = 30 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [12] = 12 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [100] = 100 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [62] = 62 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [59] = 59 /78%


Post

Ronan listens to the man briefly about the cigars then holds up a hand, "Ah-Ha! Reed'll get a kick outta that, I absolutely want these. Might add some femininity to him." Ronan scoffs with a grin. Yeah, can't wait to tell that gruff old bastard about this. Ronan thinks with an entertained look. He then listens to the spiel.

Ronan tries to follow along with Brewster but unfortunately the man is saying all sorts of things the offworlder has yet encountered much of, Ronan nodding along in the interim. Lazlo? Chi-Town? Cities. The coalition again, apparently a lot of jobs involve hurting the skullheads. Ronan muses to himself as Brewster continues. Mystics and Visions. Ugh, I hate that mental mystical crap. Ronan audibly groans at the mention of the mystic with the vision but switches it to a cough to catch himself. At the mention of the nuke, Ronan's grin returns.

Ronan can't help but chuckle as Lahz quips to Ethan and listens as the others add their two cents in. Ronan shaking his head in disbelief at Vheld. I wonder if that wizard can open a portal to my own dimension. Maybe Reed and I get to go home. I mean, he can do the sun and multiple places on earth... what would it take to dimension hop... to mine. How many are there, didn't this bot come from another one? Ugh, my head. Ronan sighs and runs his fingers under his goggles to rub his eyes as he tries to think about the intricacies of magical portals and their abilities.

Ronan turns to Brewster when there's a moment. "What sort of security is going to be on this thing? We expecting skullheads on the train or some sort of militia? Know of any other high-value items on this train that might make it a target? How often do these trains deal with raiders and does anyone else know about the movement of this specific package that we'd need to be aware of who might actually be there?" Ronan asks, leaning in at the last comment. "Last thing we'd want to learn is that we had uninvited competitors."
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by SNAFU »

Brewster agrees to Lahz's terms. "Not a problem. If indeed you can send this parasite into the sun, video proof will be needed for successful completion. If you cannot, bring the sealed container back. If for some reason the package is already compromised when you find it... use your best judgement. But the numbers I was given, I believe. So take it seriously."

Ronan asks a few questions. "I don't know about competitors. The clients wanted this hush-hush. It's possible their could be someone else after the same objective, but I have no intelligence to suggest so. As far as pirates and such, the train itself is armed, but also escorted by a half dozen NG Redhawks typically and a dozen or so security agents. Seeing that the company likely has no idea what's riding on their craft, I don't expect to see additional security."

Vheld reassures Brewster. "If you can get it to the sun, I'm sure the sun itself would render it inert."

-------

Outside,

Wen gives an exaggerated reaction when Wayne mentions having his nephew tutor the merc. It's Wen's form of a joke. None the less, he says "I come to you." In a few minutes, Wen appears, carting a small container which does in fact have dim sum. "Here your dim sum. 7 credits, 50 delivery and 25 tip." he says, once again with obvious sarcasm. "I see they left you outside. Need to take shower more often. Brolock is real deal. He always pays... if you come back."

IF the team accepts and doesn't have any questions, Brewster provides them tickets for the trip from Manistique which leaves in two weeks at 10am. "How you get there and what you bring is up to you, but they don't allow power armor to be worn on the trip, though you can ship it. Same for pretty much any vehicle. Good luck."

((Once questions are done, post here.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [46] = 46 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [14] = 14
JiC D100: 1d100: [60] = 60
Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [43] = 43

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), See the Invisible (240', 40.00 Min)

ISP: 221/231 ISP

Virtus wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:30 pmBrewster agrees to Lahz's terms. "Not a problem. If indeed you can send this parasite into the sun, video proof will be needed for successful completion. If you cannot, bring the sealed container back. If for some reason the package is already compromised when you find it... use your best judgement. But the numbers I was given, I believe. So take it seriously."
Lahz offers a grin but circles back briefly to something that got glossed over slightly, "To clarify, did you have any info on how big the container is?
Or how much of this Sample was given to the Courtier? You said you don't know who the courier is or what the package looks like, but if you planned to provide a cryo cooler ... it sounds like we have some idea the amount of material at issue. We just dont want to toss something into the sun, come back, and find out we only got 1/2. For now at least we'll also take that cooler as a backup though."
**Although quite frankly if it is as small as I am hoping, I think ... put it in the cooler, then put the cooler in a dimensional bag ... then toss the bag through a portal to the damn Sun? ... But just in case the sun wouldn't render it inert ... maybe we toss it into a different star. We can see a bunch of them @ night so, just pick one right? Vheld may tell me I am nuts.**

Assuming that Brewster doesn't haul out something the size of a desk, the Psi-Tech nods and thanks the fellow then checks the others for prospective concerns. If Vheld and Ronan have nothing he will hand the cooler to Ray and head for the door, otherwise he will wait for them to finish so they can all depart together, "Nice to meet you Brewster. See you in a couple weeks."

[[ New Thread for Interim ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [76] = 76

Wayne reaches for his neck, depressing the button to release his EBA helmet. Revealing his face to one of his only friends, he bows in deference. "Master Wen. Apparently master of more than just tattoos. You've conquered delivery as well?" Wayne takes the container, props himself against the wall and begins to dig in. "You know..." he says while biting into delicious dumplings, "this might be...the best... best meal in town. The Celestial Dragon? Good. Ol' Grandad's? Great pizza. But this... this is heaven."

When Wen comments about his smell, Wayne smiles and says "Got any tips for getting Eldritch out of armor? I tried baking soda but it didn't get the smell out."

Wayne listens intently to Wen's comments about Brolock. "Good. I could use some real deal. A whole lot of not getting paid out here. At least I've got a roof and a crew."

They eat together and when the crew is ready to roll, Wayne gives Wen another bow and says
"Until next time, friend."
Resecuring his helmet, he heads with the others back to the Haunt.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [69] = 69
PER: 1d100: [17] = 17 vs. 79%
Virtus wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:30 pm"Not a problem. If indeed you can send this parasite into the sun, video proof will be needed for successful completion. If you cannot, bring the sealed container back. If for some reason the package is already compromised when you find it... use your best judgement. But the numbers I was given, I believe. So take it seriously."
Well that doesn’t sound good. Not one bit. Maybe it’s time for Sil and I to rift off of this rock. Aloud, Vheld merely says ”It should be feasible.” And I’ll be damned if I give something like this to anyone- human, alien, or deity. It’s an apocalypse waiting to happen. The shifter otherwise listens impassively to the Q&A and the details of the job. Seems straightforward enough. They probably won’t be expecting a portal ambush, although if they’re smart enough to employ psychics that won’t matter. Still, 20 or so conventional troops? Seems like a bit of a step down from Nxla and all the other extradimensional horrors. Not that I’m complaining. About that or the pay. Should Lahz glance in Vheld’s direction or otherwise solicit the shifter’s opinion about taking the job, Vheld will simply give a short nod. Once Lahz accepts the job Vheld will stand, still idly smoking his cigar and say ”In two weeks then.” before departing. For once, he’ll take a leisurely stroll back to the Haunt on foot, Sil at his side, apparently enjoying his cigar.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 311/345 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Pyramid Emporium (135)

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [99] = 99

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Skills

Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [15] = 15 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [60] = 60 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [83] = 83 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [50] = 50 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [24] = 24 /78%


Post

Ronan listens to Brewster's report on the train security with a nod. "Okay, cool. That's enough for me to go on." Ronan says and then is content with his questioning. I imagine something like this is on someone's radar so dealing with another party is probably. Maybe contractors or something paid by the skullheads. Either way, I'll be ready. Wonder how much information is out there about these trains and travel plans. Ronan thinks, rolling his neck and cracking his knuckles. Computer work was not his forte.

Ronan walks up and heads to the door and taps Wayne's shoulder. "Let's delta." Ronan says and returns to the Haunt with the group for the interim.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
Post Reply

Return to “The Mystic Quarter”