The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by SNAFU »

While Spooks dig into the new visitor, a knock is heard at the door of HQ.

Assuming someone answers it, a young human courier is seen looking around nervously. "I, I, I. I am looking for the Spook Squad. An ur, ur, urgent message." he stammers, handing a small sealed package to whomever opens the door.

IF someone opens the package, a small data chip inside can be retrieved. It is compatible with most computers. If placed into a computer (or Lahz probes its contents) a simple video message is played. A stocky man with curly, salt and pepper hair can be seen inside a comfortable room with plush leather chairs. "My name is Brewster Brolock. I have an acquaintance who is in dire need of assistance. The job in question is difficult and time is of the essence. The job pays ten million credits, 10% up front and the balance upon completion. If you are interested, coming this evening at 8pm to the Briar Room in the Pyramid Emporium. I hope to see you then."

And with that the message ends.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [21] = 21 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [11] = 11

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Skills

Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [99] = 99 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [1] = 1 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [5] = 5 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [18] = 18 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [20] = 20 /78%


Post

Ronan'll fist-bump Wayne when the masked weirdo walks in with a head nod (Ronan is extra sure his fist bump doesn't shatter Wayne's arm) and then watches the brain diving unfold with... unease. I... don't like that. At all. Oof. Crazy abilities. Ronan thinks, remembering to the resident psionic on his old team with a smile.

When Thorne reveals the truth about Ethan, Ronan's mouth visibly drops. "Woah, what the absolute... wow that's downright sick. I mean, effective, but sick. Wow." Ronan admits, just thinking about it internally. I mean, the brain's supposed to be hella powerful right, a computerized brain? That's gotta be like... enough to make my head hurt. Ronan sighs and shakes his head.

Ronan steps forward and looks to Lahz. "Boss, think this might actually work out. That borg'll have a lot of built up rage to fuel it. Chop off the alien bits, make it look different, I'm sure I could rip some pieces off." Ronan offers in complete jest before stepping again, this time closer to Ethan.

"Well, now we all know you are officially screwed. Pfft, who isn't. Welcome to the club that gives the Universe the Middle Finger. So, I like Gaunt better, yeah? Let's go with that." Ronan offers a hand shake.

Then the knock is heard. "I got it, Lahz can give final yay nays on the 'borg that just got violated." Ronan quips, moving to the front door.
"I, I, I. I am looking for the Spook Squad. An ur, ur, urgent message."
A burly, bearded man wearing goggles, sporting a core leather ensemble complete with a emblemed white wolf image on the back of it. Ronan looks down at the young human courier who is likely much shorter and has stifles a grunt. Ronan nods. "I got it kid, thanks. Here." Ronan gives the kid a 100cr credstick as he undoubtedly scurries off. Ronan'll look at the package and shrug, standing in the doorway of the Haunt and sighing. "Whatever. Better not be a bomb." Ronan mutters to no one and opens the package. Ronan is pleasently surprised to find yet another datastick. Another one. Mysterious. Ronan chuckles to himself at this planet's rather primitive ways of communication. Ronan'll slot the datastick into his personal computer he keeps folded in his jacket and play the message. Better this POS gets fried than some HT computer Lahz has, or one of those idiots minds. Ronan muses as it loads.
Datastick Message wrote:"My name is Brewster Brolock. I have an acquaintance who is in dire need of assistance. The job in question is difficult and time is of the essence. The job pays ten million credits, 10% up front and the balance upon completion. If you are interested, coming this evening at 8pm to the Briar Room in the Pyramid Emporium. I hope to see you then."
Ronan rewinds the message a couple times and shrugs. "O-Okay. ACE!" Ronan shouts from the doorway and shows Lahz and anyone else at the front the message. Ronan nods to the borg. "Want me to go and take the borg with me? See how he does? I won't say yes without talking to folks first, unless we want to crash the joint?" Ronan says with a grin.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote:Perception [51%]: 1d100: [2] = 2 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [19] = 19
JiC D100: 1d100: [99] = 99
Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tense] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 231/231 ISP (-6=225)

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100

The Psi-Tech muses a bit at the summary afforded by Sir Thorn about the Borg-Applicant's background, **A Cyber Doc or Body fixer or something providing for the CS.** Lahz's own thoughts begin to smolder a bit with his own long-simmering hatred of the Coalition States, **I'm a parent, I can understand trying to acquire tech to help your kid out, but the self-righteous crap about being mad that Naruni would withhold their tech is kind of disingenuous isn't it??? ... Like if the CS has actively indicated the Naruni are a threat, to kill Naruni on-sight, and banned all Naruni products ... it is kind of moronic to get mad at Naruni for not altruistically sharing their tech with the openly hostile CS. It's alot of feeling entitled ... for someone who helped those who would and did cave in Kaiya's skull with a boot ... No warning from Thorn that he's a lunatic who has a bunch of mass-murders rolling around his brain though ... **

Lahz turns to look the fellow over, **Ok, so a CS Doctor, who is trapped in an ultra-high-end Naruni borg? Gaunt? Pragmatic overview. I guess he cannot go back to the CS, at least until he had a new body actually cloned or something ... anything he said would probably be disregarded. Likewise Naruni probably not super interested in his side of things ... Thorn did not find anything about having orders to infiltrate the Spooks or anything ... I didn't get a timeline from the big guy, cannot tell how long he has been a Borg. Assuming this wasn't a re-purposed power plant, I might be able to tell based off of ... No, focus ... doesn't really matter ... **
Ronan wrote:... "Woah, what the absolute... wow that's downright sick. I mean, effective, but sick. Wow." Ronan admits, just thinking about it internally. ... "Boss, think this might actually work out. That borg'll have a lot of built up rage to fuel it. Chop off the alien bits, make it look different, I'm sure I could rip some pieces off." Ronan offers in complete jest before stepping again, this time closer to Ethan. "Well, now we all know you are officially screwed. Pfft, who isn't. Welcome to the club that gives the Universe the Middle Finger. So, I like Gaunt better, yeah? Let's go with that." Ronan offers a hand shake.
An impassive Lahz glances to Ronan and Northblade for any overt objections. If there are none Lahz rises and nods curtly at the Borg, "We are literally arriving back home after a CS attempt on our lives here Gaunt. So, if you were part of yet another attempt to weasel in here and hit us from a weird angle, I want you to understand ... being a borg with an alien parts-manufacturer is not the worst case scenario. Betrayal would be very poorly received. You can consider yourself onboard provisionally, by the barest margin ... and that causing trouble within the group, or bringing it in from outside through foolish actions, will result in an ending of your provisional membership."

When Ronan pops up to get the door and opens the package without much examination the Psi-Tech stifles a wince, **Bricks ... folks who cannot be easily damaged, they never check shit carefully. Someday I am going to do a full lecture on this.** He will however ask about the job message and have it replayed (the Psi-Tech will image-capture with his Drone-Control Gauntlet's video camera) and listen to Ronan propose that he might go alone to evaluate the job with the new guy. "I don't think so Rook. But we have some choices to make ..."

**New guy's frakking unstable as hell. I certainly don't want him launching into a Death-embodiment tirade in front of a potential client. I would go with Rook ... but do we wait for an appointed place and time? This guy sent an image ... same as Gemini, and we can track him same way. Or just observe him wherever he is ...** ponders Lahz (i.e. -- Psionic Seeking (Rifter 25, 6 ISP, 1 Mile/L, 5 Min/L, 46% +5%/L (Current 91%)), or Remote Viewing (10 ISP, 4d6+12 Seconds)).

On his gauntlet's holovid, Lahz plays back the message without sound until he finds a good image to pause and examine this Brewster Brolock [stocky man with curly, salt and pepper hair [who] can be seen inside a comfortable room with plush leather chairs].

Lahz then uses Psionic Seeking (Rifter 25, -6 ISP, 10 Mile, 50.00 Min, Current 91%): 1d100: [15] = 15 ) ... to see if this Brewster Brolock fellow is even in town/in-range (within a 10 mile radius).

**Do we let this Brolock guy pick a place and time? ... Hmmm ... Do we think it's a trick to draw us out of the Haunt? We have already shown we can defend like hell from here. Is that it? Do they want to hit the Haunt? Or hit us away from a good location? ... Nah, it's still in Merctown, and in the Mystic Quarter ... Seems like a bad place to bring us if they are hoping to get Vheld.**
Dice rolls
1d100: [15] = 15
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Perception 21%: [roll]d100[/roll]
JIC: [roll]d100[/roll], [roll]d20[/roll]

Clara is gone. Grace is gone. I am no longer the man I was. I am partly that man, but I can't access the knowledge that made me the scientist I used to be. Now I am simply a machine of destruction inhabited by the soul of a creator. Oh the irony. I will make the Naruni pay eventually. This is my goal. But they are powerful. It will take time to gather the power necessary, and it will require me to begin by gaining access to the knowledge still contained by the prohibitor. Until then I will hone my skills, and become the combatant I need to be when the time comes. This 'Spook Squad' offers an opportunity to do this. For now, their purpose will be my purpose. I will learn from them, and when the time comes I will use what I learn and what I remember to wipe every Naruni off this planet.

He lays on the ground as they discuss the meeting staring at the sky. He is only engaged when Lahz speaks to him directly.
Lahz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:45 am An impassive Lahz glances to Ronan and Northblade for any overt objections. If there are none Lahz rises and nods curtly at the Borg, "We are literally arriving back home after a CS attempt on our lives here Gaunt. So, if you were part of yet another attempt to weasel in here and hit us from a weird angle, I want you to understand ... being a borg with an alien parts-manufacturer is not the worst case scenario. Betrayal would be very poorly received. You can consider yourself onboard provisionally, by the barest margin ... and that causing trouble within the group, or bringing it in from outside through foolish actions, will result in an ending of your provisional membership."
"I had no control over where I was born. I devoted my life to helping people to return to normal lives with my creations. I believed that even if they adapted my cybernetics for military applications it was worth the benefit. My research was intended to help people. I bought into the whole keep humans safe from the D-Bees spiel. Then I approached my colleagues about my intent to create an inhibitor to control my daughters seizure disorder. They were scientists like myself but the first thing they said was 'Imagine the possibilities with Borg's. We could literally eliminate that part of them that has the ability to resist orders.' My whole life I was told that we must protect ourselves from aliens like the Naruni? Yet when given the opportunity they immediately chose a path to be just like them. I left the CS soon after. Frankly I hope they burn to the ground. No one wants to save Earth. They only wish to control it. So you have nothing to fear about loyalty to the CS. In fact my only potential liability is if I ever possess the ability and necessary power to do so, I will hunt and kill every Naruni on this planet. But that is a journey I would take on my own. And that will probably be in the far distant future, because I have no delusions anymore. Only a desire to find purpose. I will take this provisional membership. I will not betray you. If I find purpose here then I will stay. If I do not then I will move on."
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:45 amPerception [51%]: 1d100: [2] = 2 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [19] = 19
JiC D100: 1d100: [99] = 99
Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Tense] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 231/231 ISP (-6=225)

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100



Lahz looks at the Borg [Ethan] with quiet regard, **I hear a lot of not my fault in there. A lot of deflection ... It is what it is. But I am not going to have Naruni come knocking because of him walking around like a moron.** "Naruni has Tech at the very cutting edge of tech. If they have not tracked you here you probably have a damaged tracker somewhere in you. You need to do better than a cloak and a cover-story about being the embodiment of a Universal force as a disguise. You need Borg armor, or something like it ... and frankly we probably need a trustworthy Cyberdoc to remove tracking software or implants if they are in contact with anything made of ... meat. I handle Tech as well as any operator, but where the body meets machine ... not my area. I can probably do work on your limbs ... maybe the main torso here, but when we get to the spine and brain? I don't even know First Aid."

He looks to Ronan, "Rook? Get him a Room on the 4th Floor, please introduce him to the Others, and give him
-- Meet the Golems and Droids so they dont attack --
for Floors 1-6,"
then back to Gaunt, "Don't leave. You are within a mile of the largest Naruni outlet on the Planet. I'll pick up some armor to add as external protection and disguise ... but we do not need to draw heat without purpose." The Elf sighs to himself and rises, "I am going to get a shower. Then I will go out and do some shopping for some Disguise armor to install. If you need something, you may request a droid relay via radio."

Lahz will head upstairs trailing Ray, he stops at Vhelds door and takes his Talisman of Time Slip
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Time Slip
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.150, BoM
from Vheld out to give it to Kit the Droid to stand outside their Magus' Door with this recorded audio message: "Vheld, I did not want to disturb you. Two things. First, We have received a message asking about our availability for a job. The prospective employer wishes to meet in the Mystic Quarter at 8 PM at the Briar Room in the Pyramid Emporium. He gave the name Brewster Brolock, not sure if you know him or have any connection. You are of course welcome to attend, or have Kit relay any questions to me via radio. Secondly, this Talisman was extremely useful and I appreciate it. I have however used up the charges. If you can find the time please recharge at some point, it would be appreciated."

The Elf heads upstairs, grabs a lengthy hot shower, then collects Ray and comes back downstairs with his Northern Gun Certified Mechanical Engineer card.

NGCME Card
Image
  • Northern Gun Certified Mechanical Engineer
  • 10% reduction in parts costs for Northern Gun Equipment
  • Must be renewed every year (Last Renewal: XXXPA)
  • Note: 20k NGMI to renew plus 40 hours of school


He will load into Aurelia's Road King wearing his Arrow-Ride armor (but bringing the Roadrunner PA along). Lahz intends to see an operator about improving the Roadrunner's capabilities slightly because rolling around in something standard does not give the edge he wants, and then he also wants to find 2-3 sets of
135 M.D.C. Cost: 8,000 credits (Bionics Book Pg 101)
.


[[ To Northern Gun! (NG Store) ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Lahz wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:30 pm Lahz looks at the Borg [Ethan] with quiet regard, **I hear a lot of not my fault in there. A lot of deflection ... It is what it is. But I am not going to have Naruni come knocking because of him walking around like a moron.** "Naruni has Tech at the very cutting edge of tech. If they have not tracked you here you probably have a damaged tracker somewhere in you. You need to do better than a cloak and a cover-story about being the embodiment of a Universal force as a disguise. You need Borg armor, or something like it ... and frankly we probably need a trustworthy Cyberdoc to remove tracking software or implants if they are in contact with anything made of ... meat. I handle Tech as well as any operator, but where the body meets machine ... not my area. I can probably do work on your limbs ... maybe the main torso here, but when we get to the spine and brain? I don't even know First Aid."
"I am wilfully subjugating myself to your command. Whatever you wish of me shall be so. Anything you purchase for me, I will reimburse you for as soon as I have the available funds. I have 1000 credits on this card that are yours to make a down payment if you will. As for the Cyber Doc I ask that you tell him to leave the inhibitor in place. What little I remember of the research, was that the Naruni did not create them with the intent of ever removing them. Until I can get some of my knowledge back I will need to leave it in place until I am sure there are no unintended consequences to its removal."
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [30] = 30

Wayne watches as the new guy seems to have some sort of robot therapy breakthrough and nods his helmeted head. "Looks like you all are doing a thing. I believe I will go do a different thing." He comes back in a black button down and black slacks with a
Image
in his left and a smoke in his right. Taking a sip, he looks at Ronan. "What? You thought I was going to keep that on forever? Missions only. This is the way."

If anyone mentions the mission, he'll say "I know a business owner in the pyramid. I'll see what info I can drudge up."

When Lahz mentions a shopping trip, Wayne's ears perk up. "If you don't mind the tagalong, I could use a thing or nine." Sir W. Northblade heads off to Northern Gun with Lahz.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [11] = 11

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Skills

Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [7] = 7 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [34] = 34 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [67] = 67 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [82] = 82 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [34] = 34 /78%


Post
Lahz wrote:"I don't think so Rook. But we have some choices to make ..."
Ronan nods and hands the package to Lahz, unconcerned with a passing grin as he continues in. He'll listen to Gaunt and Lahz continue their talks, though the soldier was far from listening as his own internal monologue kept him entertained. Wow they talk a lot. One likes to tell stories, one likes to read out technical manuals. Now we need someone to repeat whatever they hear on the radio and we're golden. Ronan muses to himself, making himself scoff.
Lahz wrote:"Rook? Get him a Room on the 4th Floor, please introduce him to the Others, and give him for Floors 1-6,"

Gaunt wrote:"I am wilfully subjugating myself to your command. Whatever you wish of me shall be so. Anything you purchase for me, I will reimburse you for as soon as I have the available funds. I have 1000 credits on this card that are yours to make a down payment if you will. As for the Cyber Doc I ask that you tell him to leave the inhibitor in place. What little I remember of the research, was that the Naruni did not create them with the intent of ever removing them. Until I can get some of my knowledge back I will need to leave it in place until I am sure there are no unintended consequences to its removal."
Ronan nods and turns to the Borg. "Okay, you're with me." Ronan says literally stops at the sight of maskless Wayne drinking a beer like a deer in headlights.
Zuzu wrote:"What? You thought I was going to keep that on forever? Missions only. This is the way."


"Damn, when did you steal my mug? Not right to do false advertising there." Ronan says, crossing his arms. "I'm more surprised you didn't bring ME a beer, TOO." Ronan says in jest and nods towards the next room. "Onto the tour." Ronan says and will take Wayne if Wayne offers to join and will then lead Ethan Gaunt through the Haunt.

Ronan stops at the doors to the basement. "The Haunt's Garage is down there but it's mostly a demon den for our resident mage's pets. He can introduce you to those things." Ronan says and points out the important rooms on the ground floor, then moves to the second floor. "Second Floor is like my second room, firing range, weights, sparring mat. Oh, See B.O.B. over there?" Ronan points to the most abused body dummy on agains the mat. "Don't mess with Bob. The other one is fair game though." Ronan says with a wave and continues to the third floor.

Ronan walks right to the pool table. "Arguably the only thing that matters on this floor but an uplink is in this room too." Ronan points to the MT Intranet Terminal. "No oil spills in the kitchen. Or wait, do alien borgs do oil?" Ronan ponders before continuing to the fourth floor. Ronan points to the three rooms. "Okay, that one is Wayne's, right?" He asks Wayne if he is there before pointing to the others. "Pick one and drop your gear. We've gotta couple security introductions to do as well." Ronan says "I'm on up 5th, so is Mierin. Vheld is up on 6th with Thorne. Lahz has all of the 7th cordoned off for spooky reasons." Ronan says and will then take him to the Stone Golems and the droids that meander around the haunt.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by SNAFU »

The courier nervously, but happily accepts the generous tip from Ronan, hops back on a small motorcycle and rides away.

Lahz shoot down Ronan initial attempt to go alone. He does however, seek out this Brewster Brolock, and can sense the individual in question within the range of Lahz's senses.

Living arrangements for Ethan are made, though doubt, reluctance and suspicion still hang heavy in the air.

Wayne's firm shift into a casual alter ego brings the tension down a couple notches and indicates he knows someone over at the Pyramid who might have some information.

In the immediate future, Lahz and others head for Northern Gun.

((I wasn't quite sure, but it sounded like Ronan and Ethan are not yet heading for the pyramid. For the meantime, post in the appropriate locations. It's been a few moons, but remember the >> location indicators, please and thank you.))
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Perception 21%: d100: [39] = 39
JIC: d100: [24] = 24 , d20: [5] = 5
Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm
Lahz wrote:"I don't think so Rook. But we have some choices to make ..."
Lahz wrote:"Rook? Get him a Room on the 4th Floor, please introduce him to the Others, and give him for Floors 1-6,"
Ronan's call sign is Rook. That is a chess piece. The Castle piece.
Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm Ronan nods and turns to the Borg. "Okay, you're with me." Ronan says literally stops at the sight of maskless Wayne drinking a beer like a deer in headlights.
"Understood. Come Cerberus!!" His mechanical companion walks up to him. He seems a little hesitant at first until Ethan reaches down and pets him. "I don't know what the pet policy is, but he is a good dog that doesn't pee or poop, so I don't think you will have any issues with his presence."
Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm "Onto the tour." Ronan says and will take Wayne if Wayne offers to join and will then lead Ethan Gaunt through the Haunt.

Ronan stops at the doors to the basement. "The Haunt's Garage is down there but it's mostly a demon den for our resident mage's pets. He can introduce you to those things."
"Noted. Avoid the garage until proper introductions can be made. Is it ok for Cerberus to stay with me in my room? I am sure his Demons are lovely, but Cerberus is not good at making friends with the Demons."
Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm Ronan says and points out the important rooms on the ground floor, then moves to the second floor. "Second Floor is like my second room, firing range, weights, sparring mat. Oh, See B.O.B. over there?" Ronan points to the most abused body dummy against the mat. "Don't mess with Bob. The other one is fair game though." Ronan says with a wave and continues to the third floor.
"I am not sure training works for me. My skills are pre programmed. I do not believe practice improves my performance. Before becoming this 'thing' I was not savvy in the ways of combat. In fact I was a pacifist. Now that conscious mind and the programming are melding together I am discovering I am programmed as a killing machine. The thought that I, who was once a pacifist, am now capable of such ultra violence is intriguing, especially because I have yet to remember the skills and knowledge that once defined me. Did my skills make me a pacifist or did I pick to pursue them because of my pacifism? Having lost my wife and daughter, it would seem that my pacifism has waned. Now I have no issue with hurting others. In fact I believe I am looking forward to helping this team on their next mission. Is that growth, or regression...." If I am made whole again will I, again, be a pacifist. I should keep a journal.
Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm Ronan walks right to the pool table. "Arguably the only thing that matters on this floor but an uplink is in this room too." Ronan points to the MT Intranet Terminal. "No oil spills in the kitchen. Or wait, do alien borgs do oil?" Ronan ponders before continuing to the fourth floor. Ronan points to the three rooms. "Okay, that one is Wayne's, right?" He asks Wayne if he is there before pointing to the others. "Pick one and drop your gear. We've gotta couple security introductions to do as well." Ronan says "I'm on up 5th, so is Mierin. Vheld is up on 6th with Thorne. Lahz has all of the 7th cordoned off for spooky reasons." Ronan says and will then take him to the Stone Golems and the droids that meander around the haunt.
"Understood. I do not leak normally. I believe damage can cause me to leak lubricants, but I am nuclear powered and therefor produce not natural waste as best I can tell. I look forward to meeting the team. I will stay in my quarters until summoned. I am sure Lahz, wants me to be better covered before I leave here. I understand the Naruni situation is problematic here in MercTown. Had I been of sound mind, I would have been more sensitive to that fact."
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [28] = 28

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Skills

Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [9] = 9 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [31] = 31 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [9] = 9 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [36] = 36 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [30] = 30 /78%


Post
"Understood. Come Cerberus!!" ..."I don't know what the pet policy is, but he is a good dog that doesn't pee or poop, so I don't think you will have any issues with his presence."


Ronan looks to the mechanical dog and nods slowly. "Huh, cool. Well, Pet policy is pretty open as long as it's controlled. Cool looking mech one, probably easier to manage than a demon dog so, don't see any problem. He probably should stay in your room." Ronan offers.
"I am not sure training works for me. My skills are pre programmed. I do not believe practice improves my performance. Before becoming this 'thing' I was not savvy in the ways of combat. In fact I was a pacifist. Now that conscious mind and the programming are melding together I am discovering I am programmed as a killing machine. The thought that I, who was once a pacifist, am now capable of such ultra violence is intriguing, especially because I have yet to remember the skills and knowledge that once defined me. Did my skills make me a pacifist or did I pick to pursue them because of my pacifism? Having lost my wife and daughter, it would seem that my pacifism has waned. Now I have no issue with hurting others. In fact I believe I am looking forward to helping this team on their next mission. Is that growth, or regression...."
Ronan looks back at the borg and shakes his head. "I can tell you're a borg. Training isn't always about improvement, sometimes it can be about building habits and muscle memory, mechanical muscle memory. Sure, you're skilled as is and it's programmed. But is it programmed you raise your weapon left handed or right? Trigger well safety, muzzle safety. Training yourself to aim automatically for the legs versus the head. Little things, thats what training does for folks like us. " Ronan offers then shrugs. "But, I'm also probably the only one who uses this floor so maybe I'm the weird one." Ronan muses.
"Understood. I do not leak normally. I believe damage can cause me to leak lubricants, but I am nuclear powered and therefor produce not natural waste as best I can tell. I look forward to meeting the team. I will stay in my quarters until summoned. I am sure Lahz, wants me to be better covered before I leave here. I understand the Naruni situation is problematic here in MercTown. Had I been of sound mind, I would have been more sensitive to that fact."
Ronan stops and turns to the Borg. "We're gonna have to go over humor and sarcasm, metaphors. Can't let metaphors go over your head. I bet I can find a few comedians. That can count as training too." Ronan says. Metaphors go over his head.

Ronan leads him back to the front and nods as he states his warning. "No idea, honestly. I'm sort've knew to this planet myself, so we'll defer to Lahz on that risk. He said he'll be back soon, so just cloak up for now, Lahz is a pretty good engineer, he can hook you up. We'll hang out here til he returns then head over.." Ronan finishes

>>Ronan leads Ethan to the Pyramid after Lahz returns and modifies the armor look a bit
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Rolls Carried
Ronan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:34 am Ronan looks back at the borg and shakes his head. "I can tell you're a borg. Training isn't always about improvement, sometimes it can be about building habits and muscle memory, mechanical muscle memory. Sure, you're skilled as is and it's programmed. But is it programmed you raise your weapon left handed or right? Trigger well safety, muzzle safety. Training yourself to aim automatically for the legs versus the head. Little things, thats what training does for folks like us. " Ronan offers then shrugs. "But, I'm also probably the only one who uses this floor so maybe I'm the weird one." Ronan muses.


“If this is to be my employment, then I should dedicate myself as I have to all of my endeavors. I will join you in training.”
Ronan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:34 am"No idea, honestly. I'm sort've knew to this planet myself, so we'll defer to Lahz on that risk. He said he'll be back soon, so just cloak up for now, Lahz is a pretty good engineer, he can hook you up. We'll hang out here til he returns then head over.."

“You are an alien? Intriguing. We must talk about your home one day. Lead the way.” Ethan makes sure his cloak is fully covering him. He then follows Ronan’s lead.
Ronan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:34 am >>Ronan leads Ethan to the Pyramid after Lahz returns and modifies the armor look a bit.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [62] = 62 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [7] = 7
JiC D100: 1d100: [94] = 94

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 225/231 ISP

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100

Lahz and Ray return from the NG store with 3 sets of
135 M.D.C. Cost: 8,000 credits (Bionics Book Pg 101)
. He will take whatever time is necessary to install 1 set of Borg armor on the new guy and direct him to store spares in his room.

Mechanical Engineering 93%: 1d100: [18] = 18
Robot Mechanics 88%: 1d100: [10] = 10
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 76%: 1d100: [38] = 38

"If you want some kind of color scheme, I recommend avoiding Naruni colors if you are pretending not to be one of their Bots or Borgs. Using some of their gear may be plausible, but having them do installation would be asking for them to reactivate ... whatever it was ..."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [68] = 68
PER: 1d100: [100] = 100 vs. 79%

After he’s disposed of Gemini and topped off various enchantments at the mages’ guild, Vheld will return to the Haunt and idly listen in on the getting-to-know you section but not have much to say himself (as per usual). ’Reaping souls’? Not an official Repo-Bot then. Probably, anyway. I’m surprised that Naruni let this kind of tech get away from them. Vheld will try to conceal his smile when Lahz starts the new guy off with the usual paranoia. I suppose this time it might actually be justified- the CS did take a couple of shots at us. Big ones. But somehow I don’t think they could swing a repo-bot. Then the arm-wrestling. I suppose someone around here has to supply the machismo. He’ll chuckle softly when the contest is resolved in Ronan’s favor, and finally speak. ”Looks like someone made a friend.” Otherwise, aside from a nod to Thorn, Vheld will remain quiet for the rest of the ‘interview.’ When someone shows up with the prospect of a paying job Vheld will silently observe that too. After the courier was gone, he’ll say ”We could use some paying work after that last one. I suppose that means I should go get current with my guild dues, then. I’ll be back for the meeting later.” Turning to his minions, Vheld addresses them ”Return to the basement. Rest as you can, and be ready in case I call for you later. Sil, with me.” Sullen but generally satisfied after the morning’s bout of torture, the minions do as instructed. Vheld then hops on Sil and returns to the mages’ guild to make a donation and do a little shopping.

((-->Mages’ Guild))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 311/345 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 100/1100 (energy sphere), 400/400 (Skarrah), 480/480 (Bakir), 162/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
3/3 on Vheld IA, 3/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 3/3 on Animate Dead, 3/3 on Skarrah IA, 3/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Rolls Carried

Ethan awaits Lahz's return as ordered.
Lahz wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:04 am Lahz and Ray return from the NG store with 3 sets of
135 M.D.C. Cost: 8,000 credits (Bionics Book Pg 101)
. He will take whatever time is necessary to install 1 set of Borg armor on the new guy and direct him to store spares in his room.

Mechanical Engineering 93%: 1d100: [18] = 18
Robot Mechanics 88%: 1d100: [10] = 10
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 76%: 1d100: [38] = 38
"As you wish . . . thank you, Lahz. I am in your debt. The tactical nature of this armor is Charcoal gray and not the Naruni Black, and doesn't match their aesthetic. I think this may serve the purpose of hiding my Naruni Nature."

He stores the extra sets of armor in his room. There he also stores his halberd and pistol.
Lahz wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:04 am "If you want some kind of color scheme, I recommend avoiding Naruni colors if you are pretending not to be one of their Bots or Borgs. Using some of their gear may be plausible, but having them do installation would be asking for them to reactivate ... whatever it was ..."
"Understood. There was a time I could have done this installation myself. Maybe one day that knowledge will return. I will also wear my robes until I have settled on a color scheme to further distance myself from the Naruni Aesthetic." Ethan waits until the team is ready to go to the pyramid and will join them.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

[Rolls Held]

Demolitions: 1d100: [60] = 60 /94% (Understand what he finds about Earth's explosives and their availability/capability)
Research: 1d100: [10] = 10 /54% (Search the Intranet)
Computer Operation: 1d100: [9] = 9 /59% (Search the Intranet)

Ronan'll help Lahz as needed with setting up Ethan with the modified armor though Ronan only provides muscle as needed. Ronan nods along with Vhelds recommendation. "Yeah, I could go for an actual payday. Ya know, playing with those nukes last mission reminded me I've never checked out the explosives on this planet. Time to get to know the explosive world." Ronan says while helping and looks to Lahz.

"Need to find an explosives catalog or something." Ronan says and will then, unironically use the second most important thing on the third floor, the Intranet Terminal to kill time before the meeting.

When it's near go-time, Ronan will find Lahz. "How do you want to play this? I say a couple of us approach, the rest scope the joint. Deuce isn't a people person. He takes the swordsman over here to scope while you, deathbot and I talk to the guy. Thoughts?" Ronan suggests. Ronan turns to Ethan. "You being deathbot and at the table, think before you speak. This'll be a client and a good test for you." Ronan suggests.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:04 am Perception [51%]: 1d100: [62] = 62 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [7] = 7
JiC D100: 1d100: [94] = 94
Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 225/231 ISP

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100

Lahz offers a chuckle and wave to Vheld as the secretive mage heads off to the magic guild, *Ahhhh ... off to the Mages's guild. My dear old mother always wished I had gone that route ... I hope she hasn't pressed Maiya into one of those mystic kinder-klasses ... *

The Psi-Tech nods along at inquiries about explosive for their overall armory, "Well they dont allow long arms or explosives into the City ... so that was actually 1 of the benefits of having out Hangar before. It was technically outside the Walls so it made a few things easier. We will want to get that rebuilt pretty quickly, but if you need a workshop out there, let me know what kind of budget you need to stock it ..."

At Ronan's meeting inquiry, Lahz heads over and draws an
Xiticix Long Sword - Enchanted
Image
  • Source: World Book 23 - Xiticix Invasion, pg 79
    Weight: 12-15 lbs (5.4 to 6.75 kg).
    FeatureS: Enchanted (+1d6 Damage)
    Mega-Damage: 3D6 M.D. + Supernatural P.S. punching damage.
    Bonuses: +1 to parry and +1 to disarm.
    Features: +1d6 Damage (PFRPG Pg 249).
from the Armory to toss to Ronan and shrugs, "I am not inclined to have someone brand new attend a client meeting ..." *especially someone who until a couple hours ago was apparently an imbalanced and delusional lunatic ...* "You can attend with me. Use that since it adds some mystic bite to your capabilities. Deuce can have the new guy with him ... Wayne will handle perimeter. We can go over early and see if the Briar Room has a back room we can reserve... scope out the location."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

[Rolls Held]
Papa Lahz wrote:"Well they dont allow long arms or explosives into the City ... so that was actually 1 of the benefits of having out Hangar before. It was technically outside the Walls so it made a few things easier. We will want to get that rebuilt pretty quickly, but if you need a workshop out there, let me know what kind of budget you need to stock it ..."
Ronan crosses his arms and nods along. "Go light a fire under their asses to fix the one that got blown up. Maybe we just outright buy it and draw up our own hangar plans? I'm not rich or anything but you sure seem to be!" Ronan says whimsically. "As for a budget on explosives, I'll get back to you on that." Ronan finishes. Near blank cheque to go nuts and build explosives? Ronan's face lights up at the idea.
Lawyer Lahz wrote:"I am not inclined to have someone brand new attend a client meeting ..." ... "You can attend with me. Use that since it adds some mystic bite to your capabilities. Deuce can have the new guy with him ... Wayne will handle perimeter. We can go over early and see if the Briar Room has a back room we can reserve... scope out the location."
Ronan shrugs in resignation and grips the sword, flourishing it before rolling his eyes to himself. "This one of the bug swords?" Ronan asks Lahz without expecting an answer before nodding. "Alright, your call. I'll pop one of Duece's talismans too just too add to the affect." Ronan says with a sly grin as he reels around on his heels.

"Alright, let's go scope this joint out." Ronan says with a grin.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Ethan Gaunt
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ethan Gaunt »

Lahz wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:36 pm "I am not inclined to have someone brand new attend a client meeting ..." "You can attend with me. Use that since it adds some mystic bite to your capabilities. Deuce can have the new guy with him ... Wayne will handle perimeter. We can go over early and see if the Briar Room has a back room we can reserve... scope out the location."
Ethan deduces that Deuce is the Mage Vheld. Upon his return he will tell the magic user. “I am yours to command, Deuce.”
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [67] = 67
Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm
Zuzu wrote:"What? You thought I was going to keep that on forever? Missions only. This is the way."


"Damn, when did you steal my mug? Not right to do false advertising there." Ronan says, crossing his arms. "I'm more surprised you didn't bring ME a beer, TOO." Ronan says in jest and nods towards the next room. "Onto the tour." Ronan says and will take Wayne if Wayne offers to join and will then lead Ethan Gaunt through the Haunt.
"I won this mug fair and square. In a competition. No further questions." Wayne joins the others on the tour because why the hell not?
Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm Ronan points to the three rooms. "Okay, that one is Wayne's, right?" He asks Wayne if he is there before pointing to the others.
"It's mostly just guns and pictures of myself." Wayne says as if he were joking (which he was not).

Wayne heads down the the 3rd floor and makes a call to The Tattoo Shop @ The Pyramid Emporium. "Hello, may I speak with Wen Yongliang. Thank you." He waits through the pleasant hold music until his contact picks up. "Nín hǎo. No, that's still all the Cantonese I know. I know, I know, you told me if I studied I could get the dragon backpiece. Yes... yes sir. I understand. I call for business reasons. What can you tell me about your business neighbor Brewster Brolock and the Briar Room?"

Lahz wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:36 pm"You can attend with me. Use that since it adds some mystic bite to your capabilities. Deuce can have the new guy with him ... Wayne will handle perimeter. We can go over early and see if the Briar Room has a back room we can reserve... scope out the location."
"I do love the outdoors. Oh, you probably mean just wait outside the door and be the first to get punched if something goes down. Sure, I love that too."
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by SNAFU »

Lahz and the crew lay out plans for their meeting. Vheld travels to the Collegiate Arcane. Once everyone is ready, the travel to the Pyramid, where the Briar Room awaits.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [77] = 77 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [12] = 12
JiC D100: 1d100: [64] = 64 [/quote]

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner Power Armor (135/135 MB), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 225/231 ISP

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100


After completing installation of the Borg armor on Gaunt, Lahz will change back into his Roadrunner PA and load folks into some kind of vehicle (driven by Ray) to head for the >> Mystic District: Pyramid Emporium >>.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 231/231
PPE: 22/22
HP: 40/40
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
Roadrunner [Light] Power Armor
MD by Loc:
Helmet: 75/75, Main Body: 135/135
Arms: [L] 45/45 . [R] 45/45 & Legs: [L] 80/80 . [R] 80/80


N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 4d6+4 MD, 200'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Post Reply

Return to “The Hub”