[GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Dark Lord
Posts: 1876
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

[GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dark Lord »

The Yaya planet is located on the fringe of the Thundercloud Galaxy, and it will take the Dime Store Magic several weeks to travel there via FTL. Post how you spend the first half of the journey.

At about 3AM ship’s time around the halfway point in your journey, those of you with any sort of automatic danger sense are awakened from your slumber. Is… Was that a quack?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [80] = 80 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [19] = 19 ; 1d100
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Active)

H.P.: 22/22
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 229/227
Armor (Main Body): 90/90
Integrated Force Field: 75/75; Off


Prowl 1d100: [28] = 28 /55% (To move quietly)

Ghast wakes with a start. What the hell? Ghast thinks as he slowly looks around his room. Ghast reaches over and turns on the bedside light, which is set to low. Very quietly Ghast slides out of bed and moves to put on his combat harness and boots, in that order. before grabbing his coat from the back of the chair. Was that a quack? Ghast thinks as he slowly steps into the hall, and looks around.

Ghast will slowly prowl the hall towards the cockpit.
“We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
Ghast
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [92] = 0
JiC 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [11] = 11

Armor
Board shorts
Teal and black bowling shirt
Action Sandals
HPC bracelet

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

Before leaving for the Yayamama System, Juan gamely fields any questions and comments about his home. Due to his divine combination of arrogance, shamelessness, and lack of guile, Juan is very candid about the details of the planet Yaya and his yul, or clan.
Priest Icky wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:05 pm"Meet him, or rescue him? An' did da lil' sister inside yer noggin say why he needed ta lay low in da first place?"
"It is quite literally the last place you would look for Thraxus,"* Juan replies. "Of all the star systems in the Three Galaxies, who would ever think to look for him in one of the many systems where he is widely hated? But we should get him quickly. He isn't being held prisoner by my sister... at least not yet.* But she wouldn't reach out to me so directly if he wasn't in danger."

Juan packs his equipment back on the Dime Store Magic, replaces his spent energy canisters with full ones from the armory, and then settles in for a trip back home. He had not thought he would return so soon. Reports of his death on Cormal had been exaggerated. No, really, rumors that he had died reached the planet Yaya and had been accepted as official fact. It has given Juan the freedom to wander the Three Galaxies without worrying about his responsibilities back home. And he could help fight against a great threat, alongside true heroes. That had been the plan. And then your boss tells you to come back to Yaya, huh, brother? Ironic. Don'tcha think?

As the Dime Store Magic gets closer to Yaya the link between Juan and his sister grows. Her presence becomes sharper; her voice becomes clearer, and she seems to be more aware of Juan actions on the ship. At times it almost feels as if she is standing alongside him as he takes shifts watching the bridge of the ship. Likewise, there are moments when he closes his eyes and is sitting in the solarium watching Joan hold court over their worshipers. The details are fuzzy, but he does not see Thraxus. At least he is not meddling in the affairs of my urqos. He has other ways of making his presence felt, Jonny.

When he sleeps, Juan dreams of being in a room with his sister. It is sparsely furnished, only a simple wooden table and two chairs; despite not having windows the room is well illuminated. Brother and sister sit opposite each other drinking tea. Even though their psychic link is so strong they do not need to speak to communicate they tell each other about their day. The conversation eventually devolves into the logic-less ramble of dreamspeak, but they hardly notice finding a rhythm where one can complete the others sentence creating an odd poetry. This is what the gods of the Yayamama Pantheon dream of.

*Per Rate-A-Deity
Terri di Munci wrote:Joan Echo
Yayamama Pantheon
1 out of 10
The Hostess insisted that we stay for afternoon tea. And when my wife said she didn't like tea, the Hostess offered her limoncello. And after that came finger sandwiches. I couldn't eat anymore But since we were already there, the Hostess insisted we stay for dinner - salad, antipasti, pasti, fish, meat, tiramisu. When my wife said she didn't eat fish, the Hostess offered her sauce. After that I wanted to go home, but she wouldn't let me leave without having coffee. My wife doesn't like to drink coffee so late at night, so the Hostess offered her amaretto and the ladyfingers. Then she insisted my wife spend the night. So I had the coffee and went home.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 /39%
JiC: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [42] = 42

Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min |

MDC: 660/660 PPE: 440/440 ISP: 160/160


Skills:
Lore, Aliens: 1d100: [90] = 90 /61% (What the heck goes Quack in the middle of space)
Prowl: 1d100: [47] = 47 /56% (Quietly look around after the Quack)

Post:

Upon the arrival to the DSM, Exe first returns to his room with Corus and helps his large familiar settle, patting it on his shoulder as the large lightning eagle coos. "Yeah I know bud, I don't like flying in these things either. I'll turn on some music and be back." Exe says and flips on his media player and it begins playing ambient nature sounds and his familiar visibly seems to relax as it tucks his beak into its wing. Exe then takes the scenic route around the ship. During his purusing, Exe feels a strong pull from one of the books randomly tucked into a corner and pulls it out to look at it. Furrowing his brow, he squints as he reads the tombs title. Hmm.. what is... this--oh, OH. OH! This is mine is what this is. Exe thinks to himself and pockets the book for later use with a grin.

When ship positions are assigned by Starchief, Exe sort've shrugs. "I call a turret if we get into a fight. I'm going to be making some talismans for the team in my room.. If anyone wants to contribute, knock first." Exe says and will nonchalantly imply he doesn't want adult interference but anyone with a decent magical pool would be welcomed. I guess I didn't consider Sandshrew is literally going to be attached to my hip. Ugh. Spirits are weird. Exe thinks to himself when he returns to his room to find Matthew sitting lotus in the corner of the room with his eyes shut.

"So, uh, do you like, need to eat food or anything?" Exe asks. I remember reading about them... sorta. Exe sheepishly shrugs off his bad habits as a student. Exe just shrugs off the question and continues. "I want to make some talismans for the group to use during our next battle over the next few days. I need to use your magic reserves since I can't sit on a Ley Line and do it. " Exe states, trying to sound more confident when talking to the Ariel. The ariel opens his eyes and nods.

"A reasonable request. I will submit up to 95% of my reserves a day to help until you finish your project." The ariel answers and Exe nods along; good enough.

Exe then empties one of his pocket bags and lets loose trinkets litter his floor and the Grimoire he found sitting next to him. He flips the music on his player to be more reminiscent of cybertechno or technorock and shuts his door. Exe will then spend the next week+ making talismans, he will also pull from Corus as he needs too. (He has access to over 700 PPE between himself, his Spirit and his Familiar)

Meditating on his own mystical knowledge and what would be the most beneficial to the team, Exe forms several spells in his mind to work with. See the Invisible (4), Vacuum Speak(6), Tongues(6), Armor of Ithan (10), Chromatic Protection(10), Impervious to Vacuum(10), Lightblade (20), Anti-Gravity Flight (25). Each Talisman that Exe finishes he will put some manner of design on with his paint sprayer.

During the lull when his music is on low and he is recovering his energy, Exe hears a... quack? Exe blinks his eyes open and stares up at the ceiling of his room before sitting up and looking over to Matthew who also has his eyes opened and is looking at the door. "Did you hear a..." Exe begins and Matthew finishes. "... a quack? I believe so." The ariel responds and Exe shakes his groggy eyes open and gets out of his bunk to check out the hallway.

Exe'll open the door and peer down the cold ship's metal corridor and open his senses to see if he picks up anything evil (Sense Evil), the talisman for his own Lightblade in hand. Regardless of what he senses, Exe begins to slink down the corridor to investigate. When he finds the first crewmate he can rightly identify, he stops them. "Hey, you didn't hear a... you know what, nevermind." Exe says and shakes his head. Nope, totally was dreaming it. Exe begins walking back when he stops. But Shandshrew heard it. Damn it. It was real. Exe returns then decides to go to the bridge to see if anything is up and to ask about the Quack.

===================
Perception: 1d100: [25] = 25 /25%
JiC: 1d20: [2] = 2 | 1d100: [62] = 62

Conditions: HF/Awe: 12 | Nightvision (200ft) | See Invisible (At Will) | Bio-Regen (4d6/min) | Speak and understand all languages

MDC: 660/660 PPE: 440/440 ISP: 160/160
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dime Store Magic »

For nineteen days, the Dime Store Magic had been traveling through interstellar space. The Galactic Adventurers have settled into a general routine, their waking and sleeping hours slowly altering from each other as they pursue their own activities between their shifts watching the helm over Datephus' watch unblinking eye.

Ghast sleeping fitfully as usual with his multitude of voices commenting on his dreams as much as his daily activities. His honed senses twig to an unexpected sound and he wakes up. He makes no sound as he puts on boots and harness over his undies (is he a boxer or brief man?) He presses the button to open his door and it makes a quick "shwick" sound as it opens. He steps out into the hallway and he hears and feels a crunch under his boot. Looking down he sees what appears to be pieces of what look like iridescent porcelain. Maybe a cup? He scoops the pieces up and takes them to the bridge.

Juan is also asleep dreaming of his sister. They are arguing about what Joan should put in her sauce as she finds keeping Thraxus entertained increasingly more difficult. His dream vision sees her sitting down on a fluffy pillow. "Blah, blah, blah, quack, blah, quack, quack, QUACK!" She jumps up and where she was sitting now gleams an iridescent egg about 3 inches long. Juan wakes up strangely discomfited.

Exe, is awake in his room with Matthew and Corus. He is sitting cross-legged on the ground holding a trinket in front of him. He has just finished creating a new talisman
Back of the napkin math suggests that Exe can recover 232 PPE per day, Matthew 160 PPE, and Corus 120 PPE, assuming 16 hours awake and 8 hours asleep - so he's been able to create 19 talismans so far - deplete PPE accordingly and decide which talismans have been made)
. As he admires his handiwork, all three hear a sound that can only be described as a quack. Exe sees and feels Corus being restless. He consults his supernatural link with the bird, he gets a clear feeling from Corus that prey is near. They move out into the hallway and eventually find Ghast at the bridge along with Draggor and Corrigon (if he is still with us?) who have been on watch and talking between themselves.

Down in the hold, Chef Icky has just cracked open one of his larder pods looking for some Laprosian Tree pollen for a new pastry he wants to create. To his dismay, the inside of the pod has been ransacked. Someone has gotten inside and broken open various sacks, bottles, and other containers. Much of it looks partially eaten. He finds pieces of iridescent egg shells on three of the shelves. He opens another pod and finds the food has been eaten and another broken shell. Opening the third he beholds one large lurduuk and four baby duuks happily eating. The large duuk quacks at Chef Icky in warning.

Kaedras preparing to go to sleep hears movement and muffled conversation outside his door, recognizing it as Exe and his minion conversing as they move towards the bridge. As he puts his clothes into the recycler, he sees something glitter inside a boot he hadn't worn in a few days. Reaching in he pulls out an iridescent egg.

The captain of the Dime Store Magic, StarChief, is in the gym. Rhythmically bench pressing about 300lbs of weight under a magically generated 10G's to give himself a challenge. It's his fifth set of 100 and he is starting to breathe a little heavy.

What are you doing?

Edit: Beat your perception check by 10% and you find an egg. Describe where you find it!
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [32] = 32
  • Charges: 5/5
  • Duration: Until Wand is let go of
  • M.D.C.: 50/50
  • Impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, disease, poisons, toxins, gases and drugs
  • +10 to save vs Magic, psionic attacks and Horror Factor


"Seventy-Eight...Seventy-Nine...Eighty..."
So Thraxus is hiding out on Planet Juan. I can't say that I'm surprised, very little makes sense these days.
"Eighty-Five...Eighty-Six...Eighty-Seven..."
Or any day really. I'm not sure why I think things have ever been normal.
"Ninety-Three...Ninety-Four...Ninety-Five..."
If anything, this crew thrives on the abnormal. We're like a magnet for...something's wrong.
With his 100th rep of his 5th set, Starchief places the barbell back on the rack, towels himself off and heads out into the Galley across the hall where he knew he'd find Icky. 3 AM or not, the man was obsessed with his Galley. He probably sleeps in there.
"Raiding your own larder, eh Chef?" When Icky shows him why he's truly down there, Starchief just says "Nope. Be right back."
Lurduuk. Why a frulking Lurduuk? Why?!
Starchief heads to his room and grabs his Millenium Wand of Power and Phase Sword. Heading back to the Galley, he walks up to the cabinet where the Lurduuk were located. If Icky is still standing there he says "Step back." To the Lurduuk he says "Don't know how you got in here, but you're not ruining my ship again!"

Initiative: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19
APM: 10

Action 1: Strike large Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 Damage: 4d6: [5, 4, 6, 4] = 19 MD
Action 2: Strike large Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [12]+13 = 25 Damage: 4d6: [5, 1, 2, 4] = 12 MD
Action 3: Strike large Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [5]+13 = 18 Damage: 4d6: [5, 6, 1, 4] = 16 MD
Action 4: Strike small Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20 Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 1, 6] = 16 MD
Action 5: Strike small Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 2, 5] = 11 MD
Action 6: Strike small Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [19]+13 = 32 Damage: 4d6: [5, 1, 6, 5] = 17 MD
Action 7: Strike small Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20 Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 2, 3] = 14 MD
Action 8: Strike small Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [5]+13 = 18 Damage: 4d6: [5, 3, 1, 6] = 15 MD
Action 9: Strike small Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [12]+13 = 25 Damage: 4d6: [5, 6, 3, 6] = 20 MD
Action 10: Strike small Lurduuk with Phase Sword. Strike: 1d20+13: [16]+13 = 29 Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 4, 5] = 19 MD
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
Ledger
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [15*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100:: [81] = 81

Armor
Cargo shorts
HPC bracelet

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

In their shared dreamspace, Juan and Joan Echo sit bantering. It alters between a light recounting of their days and an almost dada-ist poetry that reflects the strength of their bond. At the moment it is fairly lucid, as Joan gets up from her chair and walks around the bright chamber they are in. You're right, he would enjoy a little more orange zest. That is not what I implied. He shouldn't be bathing in your sauce in the first place. You're one to talk about partners. You slept with the Doublespear twins! So did you! And they like me better! Joan is clearly enjoying taunting her brother. She takes a step and jumps on a large plush duck with a resounding "QUACK!"

Juan stares at her confused. Quack?

Joan doesn't not reply telepathically but shares her brother's puzzled look. Her mouth hangs open before she lets out another loud "QUACK!" Her eyes glow brighter in panic. "QUACK quack QUACK? QUACK!"

She bounces up and down as she quacks. After the last when she notices that there is a glowing egg beneath her. Then she figures it out. She straightens her face, and her eyes dull to gentle white lights. She is about to say something when Juan feels the sudden rush of returning to consciousness. She doesn't say it but he knows, too. At least he does while he's asleep. As he feels himself returning to reality this knowledge blurs into a vague but concrete dread. "Oh quack me!"

He instinctively bolts out of bed. Why did I say that? We were dreaming. He pulls on his cargo shorts and fumbles to find his magical clubs. What about? It's all a blur. He peers under his bed, rooting around with one of his clubs for anyone or anything hiding there. I don't think it is whoever Thraxus is hiding. No that's not it. Juan turns on the lights to his quarters and laying on top of a pile of clothes, most notably a Daffy Taffy t-shirt, is an egg. Jonny, I think this is what you were looking for, but I don't know why this is a threat. I do, and it's bad.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dime Store Magic »

Mini-Update

StarChief hungry from his workout heads to the galley to find something to eat. Upon arrival he finds three of the larder pods open and Chef Icky standing in front of the third. Quiet quacking can be heard from within.

Taking decisive action, the Captain of the Dime Store Magic rushes back to his room and grabs his phase sword and wand of power. He shifts Chef Icky out of position and sees the large Lurduuk and four chicks eating. The large Lurduuk looks like it was dipped in paint, it's underside a deep pink. The four chicks are fully red (burgundy?) in color. His blade flicks out and the large Lurduuk is struck down in a pair of strokes. Lightning blazes out of the cabinet arcing of other metal objects in the galley, the bolts that strike StarChief easily absorbed by the wand of power.

The four chicks dance around, but StarChief's accuracy is unsurpassed and he strikes each one. He pulls back his blade and sees the four red chicks hopping up and down apparently unharmed. "Quack! Quack!" The smell of burnt metal fills the galley. Little jagged lightning emanate from the birds. Touching one is like the shock one gets from rubbing your feet on a rug and then touching a doorknob.

In his room, Juan has jumped out of bed, put on his shorts. He finds an iridescent egg nestled in one of his shirts.

He crouches down on all fours raking the underside of his bed with one of his club. He sees a wide basin under his bed that he's used in the past for his sauce. A pool of liquid appears to have been spilled around it. He sudden feels like he's been stabbed four times in quick succession (Juan takes 16+16+11+17= 60 M.D.C.). Blood wells from the wounds, two in the chest, one in the right leg, one in the left arm.


What do you do?

Edited to fix my Corsican Brothers error
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<61: [41*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [16] = 16

GM Post 01
Dark Lord wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:55 amShe looks up at Icky with haunted, tear-stained eyes and sniffles. In a small voice, she responds ”Uh-huh” in Trade 4. ”Okay.” When asked her name, she replies in the same voice ”Alison” At Exe’s question about whether there’s anywhere you can take her, she doesn’t answer for several long, heartbreaking seconds before timidly shaking her head no. Eventually, Icky will get her back to the galley, and while she does perk up a little on seeing the spaceship with wide-eyed wonder it doesn’t last very long. About 10 minutes into the meal, she’s eaten only a small portion and now just picks at the rest. After returning to the ship and shucking most of his gear Ghast joins you, which does exactly nothing to liven up the mood. Heart heavy, Icky does some checking and while he can’t find any good-looking orphanages on the public net, the gregarious priest has met a few people from that world in his travels and eventually gets in touch with a kind-looking matron who agrees to take Alison in. There’s no fee, but when you go to drop off the girl one look at the dilapidated structure tells you they could use all the financial help they can get. Being charitable doesn’t pay well. With that (and potentially a very rush armor job) lightening Icky’s wallet, he gets back to the ship.
After Icky drops off his armor for repairs -- and grudgingly ponying up for the rush charges -- before taking little Alison to the kindly matron. When he attempts to hand her off, however, the little girl gets a death grip on Icky's massive arms and screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" in between bouts of sobbing and whimpering. I was afraid of this... Icky sighs and nods. "Alright, Little Britches, I got da hint. Tell ya what -- ya can come wit' us on dis trip if ya promise ta do what I tell ya an' stay outta trouble, 'cause knowin' us we're definitely gonna run waist deep in it pretty quick. If ya change yer mind we'll come back 'ere once we get back. Okay?"

When Alison stops crying and sniffles in the affirmative, Icky nods and gives the matron a heavy smile. "Oi, so looks like we're gonna have ta put dis on da back burner fer da time bein'... but keep a spot warm fer her just in case, a'right?" He hands her a cred-card to swipe. "In da meantime, take dis. Spruce up da place a bit, get some groceries, whatever ya need as far as dis'll go. An' if any o' Little Britches' family should show up askin' fer her, leave word wit' Doodles at Doodles' Discount Destruction Devices in Level 4-A." He gives Alison a pat on the back. "Alright kiddo, if yer gonna stay wit' us yer gonna need some stuff... an' since I gotta stock up a bit too, what say we go shoppin'?" He heads off to some of the various shops/stores/malls nearby and gets Alison some clothes, toiletries, toys (including a stuffed plush bird/eagle resembling Corus if they can find one), and a few treats as well as ordering some foodstuff supplies sent to the ship in order to top off their supplies. If there's time, he also swings through an alchemy shop or two on the way back to the ship to pick up some supplies as he's had some ideas bubbling in his head lately that he's hoping to try out during the presumably long trip there and back.

((OOC: GM's call as to whether or not Icky can score some alchemical supplies, I know I'm trying to do a lot in just one hour. If that's greenlit I'll submit a list of specific ingredients from the Herbalism section of WB3))

DSM 2022-08-11 - Pick 6 items Icky would like to make. We'll use the rarity rules to determine if he have them. Roll Uncommon Rarity for Earth plants, Roll Very Rare for Alien plants. Role a d4 for each success for how many doses he have. We'll just say between the stores on the ship and the time he had to shop he had them available to use.

((ALSO OOC: Just to keep things simple... between the shopping, the armor repair, and the donation I'd like to assume that Icky's card totaling 892,857.14 creds to be totally used up. Yes, that's likely a heck of a donation to the not-an-orphanage; Beefcake's getting to be quite a softie in his old age))


DSM 2022-08-11 - Sold!

Once they pick up Icky's repaired armor and get back to the DSM, Icky clears his throat. "Oi, Datephus, dis ere's Alison... Alison..." he stammers. "Oi, Little Britches, ya got a last name?" If she doesn't have one (or doesn't know it) then Icky will start back over "Oi, like I said, Datephus, dis ere's Alison Nolastname ((pronounced "No-lass-TAHM-ay")). She's gonna be stayin' wit' us for da time bein', an' I'm gonna be looking after her. I need ya to give her access to a cabin close ta mine as possible, an' set her up wit' access to da common areas o' da ship. No goin' inta areas like da armory, da bridge, cargo bay, or engineerin' unless a senior member o' da crew is supervisin' her. Dat means me, Starchief, Kaedras, or Juan. I'll let ya know when I reckon any o' da others are familiar enough wit' da ship's systems ta add to dat list." He gestures to a nearby comm panel. "Datephus is da ship. Oi ya, our ship can talk -- ain't it great? Anyway, if ya got a question, ask him. If yer in trouble or ya just need me fer somethin', ask him ta call me. If I ain't 'round, get him ta call Uncle Meatball, Uncle Red, or Uncle Slim."

After he helps Alison get settled in he sits down with her on her bunk. "Okay, Little Britches, 'ere's da deal. We were able to save ya an' a bunch o' other people from yer level, an' dat's a good thing, but we couldn't save everybody... so we don't know if yer folks made it out or not. I told Missus Potts ta let us know if yer family come lookin' fer ya, but da truth is dat may never happen. Now I know dat's scary, an' I know dat's sad, so if ya need ta cry it out dat's okay. I know da feelin' -- I was a slave as far back as I can remember so I never had a family o' me own growin' up. But da thing ta remember 'ere is dat even if ya ain't got no blood kin ya can still have a family. I learned dat when I joined da Warlock Marines. Me fellow Marines were me family den, an' now da crew o' dis ship, da Dime Store Magic, dey're me family now. An' we can be yer family fer as long as ya wanna stay wit' us. Ya change yer mind an' decide ya wanna go stay wit' Missus Potts instead once we get back, dat's okay. But in da meantime what we do is dangerous, an' a lot o' times it ain't much fun, so ya gotta mind me if ya don't wanna get hurt. I promise I'll do everythin' I can ta keep ya safe. Okay?"

GM Post 02
Dark Lord wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:55 amThe Yaya planet is located on the fringe of the Thundercloud Galaxy, and it will take the Dime Store Magic several weeks to travel there via FTL. Post how you spend the first half of the journey.
For the first several days, Icky will spend a good amount of time with Alison -- getting to know everything he can about her, about her parents (as much as she's willing to talk about, likely not a lot), the kinds of foods/games/etc. that she likes, taking her around the ship so she can learn more about it, showing her around the galley and letting her help him fix meals/treats/etc., introducing her to his weapons ("Oi, when yer older we'll get ya some o' yer own... but right now I jus' want ya ta know yer way 'round dese so ya won't be scared o' 'em but also dat ya know dey ain't toys ya can jus' play wit'.") He'll also spend his time without her (nap times, after bed times, etc.) searching the holo-internet for parenting videos, sparring/working out, and conducting alchemical experiments using water that he's turned into wine using his priestly powers (if he wasn't able to get actual supplies, he'll experiment with some of the herbs/spices he would already have on hand). He notes several times along the way that it's strange that he suddenly seems to know more about creating potions and whatnot than he did before -- he already knew some things as they related to his culinary pursuits, of course, but it's like a switch was flicked in his mind that unlocked a lot more possibilities. Clearly it's Dionysus' influence, he nods to himself. So thank you Big D, for opening my mind to all this.

((OOC: will make specific rolls based on what he may or may not have been able to procure before the ship left))

GM Post 03
Dime Store Magic wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:46 amDown in the hold, Chef Icky has just cracked open one of his larder pods looking for some Laprosian Tree pollen for a new pastry he wants to create. To his dismay, the inside of the pod has been ransacked. Someone has gotten inside and broken open various sacks, bottles, and other containers. Much of it looks partially eaten. He finds pieces of iridescent egg shells on three of the shelves. He opens another pod and finds the food has been eaten and another broken shell. Opening the third he beholds one large lurduuk and four baby duuks happily eating. The large duuk quacks at Chef Icky in warning.
"No... Dionysus' laundered loincloth, say it ain't so..." Icky growls. "Dunno how ya managed ta avoid gettin' turned inta sparklin' pâté terrine, but I'm gorram sick o' ya monkey-frakkin' lurduuks in me monkey-frakkin' galley on dis monkey-frakkin' ship!" He turns around and starts rummaging through the cutlery drawer to find the biggest forslugginer processing knife he can lay his massive hands on -- only to turn back around to find Starchief already going full Butcher Pete on them. Or trying to, as they're bouncing around looking all unharmed.

"Feetal's Gizzards, Meatball? Whaddya waitin' fer? Skewer da monkey-frakkin' featherballs already!" He snarls.

((OOC Question: Are the lurduuks acting hostile to Icky? In other words, is his "one with nature" priestly ability manifesting itself here?))

DSM 2022-08-11 - The duuks are just going about their business. They warning quacked when Icky opened the door, but otherwise leave him alone as long as he leaves them alone. StarChiefs actions have agitated them, but they haven't attacked Icky directly.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception 48% 1d100: [27] = 27

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [63] = 63

After briefly locking minds with Polya, Kaedras is bombarded by the feelings of rage coursing through her mind - so powerful he feels them himself. He quickly breaks off contact - but not before the rage takes control of him. He looks around and sees, not people, but targets, and he lashes out, taking a clumsy swing that is easily parried by the God of Travellers. He backs off, nearly hyperventilating and looking around, wild-eyed, until finally he regains control of his emotions.

By the gods I hope to never experience that again. He turns to Juan. "I apologize. I... was not myself."
Starchief wrote:”What did you find out?”
He tells Yiggins and the others, "As closely as I could discern, She is under an empathic transmission effect. Perhaps a trap from the computer she tried to mindlink to? It is filling her mind with a powerful blind rage, and I believe her mind has made her semicomatose in an effort to protect itself from the effect. I think perhaps a stronger telepath than I could attempt a group mind block, but unfortunately that is a talent I do not yet possess."

Back aboard the Dime Sgtore Magic, Kaedras receives Juan's news with interest.
Juan wrote:"Some of you might know that I share a special bond with my sister, Joan. Part of her psyche is in my mind, just like part of me is inside her. Just now, she reached out to me and said that our boss is on my home planet of Yaya. We need to go meet him there immediately. Thraxus visited the Yayamama System once over 1,000 years ago. He did not leave a good impression on either planet. In fact, I am pretty sure several members of my yul, or clan, would be more than happy to club him while he slept. However, we can trust Joni to take care of him; she is the Goddess of Hospitality and will protect him. Unless she gets bored and breaks his pelvis."
These demons then... they tracked him to a portal, and then when they could not find him... just ran amock?
Starchief wrote:”Well, looks like we’re headed to Yaya folks. Get yourselves ready for launch in 60. Malath, you’re at the helm. Starfall, co-pilot. I’ll take comms.”
Wordlessly, Kaedras nods and assumes the copilot's station. Another nod to Corrigon, and Kaedras' fingers fly over the copilot's console, breezing through preflight protocols and prepping the ship for launch.

Kaedras is just preparing for bed when a glimmer in a boot catches his eye, and he reaches inside, withdrawing an iridescent egg. Not again.

He pulls on some fresh clothes and grabs his bow and a quiver.

Carrying the egg, he steps into the corridor, to hear the commotion down the hall in Icky's Galley. Stepping into the galley, he seees Starchief doing battle with luhrduuck chicks.

"Not again."

He sees Starchief, Icky, and the young girl, Alison, and realizes that his previous trick of using tranquilizer gas arrows will not work here. Placing the egg aside, he readies for combat.

"How many are there this time? Just these? I found an egg in my quarters." Blast. We shall need to find them quickly - they are a danger to the child.

"Datephus! Can you please locate all Luhrduuks aboard the ship?"

Initiative: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7

APM: 6

Action 1: Call for Datephus' help in locating Luhrduuks
Action 2: Bio-Manipulation (paralysis) on a Luhrduuk (-10 ISP)
Action 3: Bio-Manipulation (paralysis) on a Luhrduuk (-10 ISP)
Action 4: Bio-Manipulation (paralysis) on a Luhrduuk (-10 ISP)
Action 5: Bio-Manipulation (paralysis) on a Luhrduuk (-10 ISP)
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24

Parries (using bow): 1) 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 ; 2) 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 ; 3) 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 ; 4) 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 ; 5) 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 ; 6) 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 188/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 150/150

Water Relic PPE: 300/300
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 | 21%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [93] = 93

Post
These weeks on the ship prove to be good for the creature, allowing some kind of routine and a more normal life than they have had access to in many, many cycles. Plenty of frustrating time is spent in their quarters, where the monster struggles to put symbols together. It hurts us to not know this. We will practice, and eventually remember. On good days the internal monologue results in more trying. Others, well, prowling in the fitness area is ever a great way to blow off steam, and this time, there aren't any blow-ups at anyone knocking.

It's the various shifts monitoring the helm where Draggor tends to drop guard, and have what sounds like a one sided conversation, at least, that's what Ghast walks in on.

Are you going to live a little on this planet?
"What does that mean?"
The wandering god and his kin offer many experiences.
"We celebrated at Center."
We want MORE!
"SO DO I!"
We're not alone.

At that moment Draggor is turning to face Ghast, perhaps in an eerily timed fashion. "Something is happening." The near ageless creature might be heavily vested in those internal arguments, but they pale in comparison to that survival instinct's urge, that gnawing feeling in the back of the mind, this time manifesting as... a quack?

"Datephus, how many creatures on this ship?" Draggor asks. They then reach for the ship's comms:
If the answer includes a count greater than the present crew: "Draggor to crew, more creatures on ship than should be."
If the answer is an accurate count, they send: "Draggor to crew, feels like a problem. Ghast feels it too."
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 /39%
JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [87] = 87

Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min |

MDC: 660/660 PPE: 440/440 ISP: 160/160


Skills:
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [23] = 23 /86% (Get everyone to stop, appear non-threatening to the ducks)

Post:

When Exe sees the Lurduucks, his first reaction is one of 'awe' followed by one of horror at everyone elses immediate rage-filled reaction to the Lurduucks. What the!? These weirdos are acting more angry at the ducks than that angry witch lady we had to deal with. Exe thinks, bewildered. Exe will try to intervene from the potential slaying of the animals. "Hey! HEY! WOAH! Hold On! Put the weapons down! Just, chill out. I'll handle the big scary ducks." Exe says, trying his hardest to make everyone stop and look at him instead of going on a murder spree of innocent yet damaging ducks.

If Exe is able to get them to hold off their slaughter, Exe will let out a sigh of relief then focus on the Lurduucks, specifically the bigger one. Exe'll attempt to cloud the Lurduucks mind with Cloud Animal Mind to daze them into submission, get them to stop eating and/or even reacting to the others around him. Exe can affect four ducks at once. If Exe needs too, he'll cast it again just to get all the ducks under his spell. Then, Exe will reposition himself and reach out with his mind, Repeling the Ducks from the Mess Hall/Chow Room. Come on. Go towards the hold... Exe thinks as he strains a little trying to Repel the Clouded Ducks in a somewhat organized fashion.

If the above works, Exe continues following and will cast Manipulate Objects to close any doors other than the one that leads to the hold.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 | 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 | 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 | 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 | 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14

A1: Stop the slaughter
A2: Cloud Animal Mind (5 PPE) -- No save for dumb/standard animals
A3: Reserved for if he needs to use Cloud Animal Mind again.
A4: Repel Animals -- Repel them from the Mess Hall and try to push them to the rear hold of the ship with the influence of the spell.
A5: Manipulate Objects to shut/open doors along the path.


Level: Third Level Wizard spell.
Range: Touch or up to 200 feet (61 m) away.
Duration: Two minutes (20 rounds) per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Dumb Animals: None; includes most insects.
Smart Animals: Only relatively intelligent animals and predatory
animals get to save, but even they need a 17 or higher.
Dumb, Animalistic Monsters: 10.
P.P.E.: Five
This spell clouds an animal's mind and interferes with its
thought processes and abilities. Reduce the performance of all
natural abilities such as track by smell, Nightvision, etc., and
skill-like abilities such as Climb, Prowl, Swim, etc., by half.
Likewise, reduce Spd, initiative and the number of attacks per
melee by half.
Note: Does not work on Wolfen, humans or any sentient beings,
including intelligent monsters, Faerie Folk, or creatures of
magic. May work on dumb animalistic monsters like the Beast
Dragon, Chimera, Dragondactyl, Eye Killer, Manticore, and
similar, even Worms of Taut and the monsters, demons and
Deevils used as War Steeds, but they only need a 10 to save vs
magic.
Can be cast upon one animal per level of experience.


===================
Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 /25%
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [28] = 28

Conditions: HF/Awe: 12 | Nightvision (200ft) | See Invisible (At Will) | Bio-Regen (4d6/min) | Speak and understand all languages

MDC: 660/660 PPE: 440/440 ISP: 160/160

Post:
Unless the Ariel senses immediate danger or evil around Exe, while on the ship, he will remain in Exe's room meditating. If anyone approaches him while he is meditating, he will hold up a hand. "Direct any questions to Master Exe." He will say and not socialize otherwise.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dime Store Magic »

The 10 minutes before StarChief decides to help in the Galley....

Draggor is sitting in the command chair of the Bridge when Ghast comes in holding a handful of shiny iridecent shell pieces. Between the two they recognize it as parts of an egg. Draggor notifies Datephus that are more creatures on the ship there should be and then sends a message through the ship's intercom notifying the rest of the crew.

As Draggor makes his message, Exe moves onto the bridge with his entourage, an egg of his own in hand. A discussion of what the eggs mean begins, and the group quickly concludes that the only other birds that have been on the Dime Store Magic recently having been Lurduuks.

Kaedras finds an egg of his own in a boot and makes the same connection as he hears the warning from Draggor. He grabs his gear and moves out into the hallway and sees StarChief dart into the galley.

Once StarChief's job interview for Chef Icky is finished

As Kaedras enters, he sees StarChief blade in hand slash and stab at something in one of the Galley's larders. Electricity blazes out. At the same time he hears a scream behind him from behind him. He recognizes it as Juan's voice with his keen elven hearing.

On the bridge, Draggor, Exe, and Ghast hear the scream as well, comparitvely louder from their proximity to the crew quarters.

Rushing back the trio stop in front of the door to Q2, and with a little help from Datephus, the door opens and they find Juan ass up and face down on the floor, a pool of blood underneath him. Draggor and Ghast move towards Juan to check if he is alive.

Exe hearing shouting and swearing towards the rear of the ship moves towards the galley and finds Kaedras at the entrance to the room.

Kaedras asks Datephus to locate all the Lurduuks on the ship. The AI responds. "<<CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: KAEDRAS, SCANNING IN PROGRESS.>>" Exe moves past the elf to see StarChief and Chef Icky staring at one dead mostly pink lurduuk, and four very red baby lurduuks hopping around on a shelf.

Exe unaccustomed to such violence asks everyone to calm down and lower their weapons. Exe, telling the others that he'll handle it, causes Kaedras to pause hitting the four duuks with the evil eye. Kaedras, Chef Icky, and StarChief watch as the demigod casts his spell Cloud Animal minds. The baby duuks for their part, stumble and quack, emitting tiny electrical sparks. Seeing that the duuks are still moving haphazardly (and unsure if this is what Exe's spell is supposed to do), Kaedras uses his psychic powers to paralyze the four duuks.

EXE PPE NOTE
Exe keep in mind that you and your entourage's PPE is mostly depleted from just having created a talisman. The three of you probably have about 20% of your normal reserves
Back in Juan's quarters, Juan starts mumbling and his arms and legs shuffle back and forth, then suddenly they jerk and stop moving as if they were frozen in place, although Juan continues to mumble. The pool of blood has reached his face and small bubbles are forming from his mutterings. If they decide to roll him over, they find four deep wounds, definitely the work of a very sharp blade.

Datephus responds to Kaedras' inquiry. "<<CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: KAEDRAS. SCAN COMPLETE. THERE ARE NO LURDUUKS DETECTED ON BOARD THE DIME STORE MAGIC. THERE WAS A SENSOR ANOMOLY IN THE GALLEY UNTIL A FEW MOMENTS AGO, BUT IT IS NOW NO LONGER PRESENT.>>"

The four members of the Galactic Adventurers in galley watch as the red baby duuks continue to stumble around on the shelf. One teeters at the edge and flutters/falls to the ground.

What are you doing?
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception 48% 1d100: [24] = 24

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [35] = 35

Was that Juan screaming?

Kaedras looks at the Lurduuks, these red in color as opposed to the ones previously on board. Red, like Juan. Starchief stabs... Juan screams...

"Hold your blade Starchief - we have the remaining birds neutralyzed... but I think these are connected somehow ... to Juan. I heard him scream when you stabbed the duuk."

With that, Kaedras pivots to run to Juan's quarters.
Datephus wrote:"<<CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: KAEDRAS. SCAN COMPLETE. THERE ARE NO LURDUUKS DETECTED ON BOARD THE DIME STORE MAGIC. THERE WAS A SENSOR ANOMOLY IN THE GALLEY UNTIL A FEW MOMENTS AGO, BUT IT IS NOW NO LONGER PRESENT.>>"
Well... that cannot be correct.

"No...

If they are connected... they may not be reading as Lurduuks. They could be...

"Datephus! Please scan for crewmembers. Please tell me how many of each crewmember are aboard."

With that, he continues moving to Juan's quarters, to check Juan's status.

If he makes it this round and can enter, he sees Juan's injuries. He will render aid, hoping to stabilize the Wandering God.

First Aid 80% 1d100: [16] = 16 (SUCCESS)

Healing Touch (-6 ISP) heal 2d6: [1, 3] = 4 .
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 188/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 150/150

Water Relic PPE: 300/300
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [24] = 24 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [92] = 92
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

H.P.: 22/22
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 229/227
Current Outfit: Old-Timey Red Long johns with the butt flap, Combat boots, Weapon Harness, Overcoat.

DSM wrote:Ghast sleeping fitfully as usual with his multitude of voices commenting on his dreams as much as his daily activities. His honed senses twig to an unexpected sound and he wakes up. He makes no sound as he puts on boots and harness over his undies (is he a boxer or brief man?) He presses the button to open his door and it makes a quick "shwick" sound as it opens. He steps out into the hallway and he hears and feels a crunch under his boot. Looking down he sees what appears to be pieces of what look like iridescent porcelain. Maybe a cup? He scoops the pieces up and takes them to the bridge.
Draggor wrote:"What does that mean?.. We celebrated at Center... SO DO I!.. Something is happening."
Ghast looks around on the bridge for a moment, before depositing the odd porcelain onto one of the consoles. Ghast looks at the sensor board for a moment. (Sensory Equipment 1d100: [34] = 34 /40% (Seeing if anything is wrong)) Ghast then notices that Draggor is in the cockpit as well. Well certainly didn't notice he was here. Ghast thinks before finally realizing Draggor was possibly talking to him. "Huh, sorry bit out of sorts, Did you hear a quack?" Ghast asks, still kind of confused.
Draggor wrote:"Draggor to crew, feels like a problem. Ghast feels it too."
Ghast nods. What are you afraid of ducks? You can easily kill a duck, I hear they're delicious. Ghast's unwanted thoughts comment, as he shakes his head. "Someone or thing, left that by my door, I think I stepped on it and broke it." Ghast says pointing at the broken porcelain. Is it a shell? Ghast thinks.

"So do they have a protocol for this?" Ghast ask Draggor, who is obviously the senior member of the two of them.
“We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
Ghast
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<61: [59*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [19] = 19
Draggor wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:23 pmIf the answer includes a count greater than the present crew: "Draggor to crew, more creatures on ship than should be."
If the answer is an accurate count, they send: "Draggor to crew, feels like a problem. Ghast feels it too."
Icky taps his comlink. "No felgercarb, Inquisitor Shrub -- we got ourselves more frakkin' lurduuks nommin' up our stores 'ere in da galley."
Exe wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:32 pm"Hey! HEY! WOAH! Hold On! Put the weapons down! Just, chill out. I'll handle the big scary ducks."
Icky gives Exe a pronounced growl. "Alright, kiddo, ya wanna play nice wit' dese pests, dey're all yers. Ya got thirty standard seconds ta get 'em outta me galley -- an' if ya let 'em get back in 'ere I'm wringin' all dere necks an' stuffin' dere innards in yer pillow while ya ain't lookin'."

He forcefully turns himself away from the scene of carnage and mutters a barely audible and mostly incomprehensible (but undeniably foul-tempered) stream of grumblings under his breath as he grudgingly puts the processing knife back in its drawer.
Kaedras Starfall wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:53 pm"Hold your blade Starchief - we have the remaining birds neutralyzed... but I think these are connected somehow ... to Juan. I heard him scream when you stabbed the duuk."
"Wait, what? What da frell are ya sayin', Slim?" Icky gives Kaedras an incredulous look. "Yer not suggestin' he got a little too 'friendly' wit' da duuks we had on board an' now Red's a momma... or a papa... are ya?" I knew he was a horned howler, sure, but Fetal's gizz... I figured he'd draw the line at waterfowl.

He follows after Kaedras to Juan's cabin. "Oi, Datephus, see if ya can wake up Red willya? If he ain't answerin', make sure his door's unlocked so Slim an' me can check on him." And wring his frakking neck if he's bred a new generation of mutant lurduuks.

When they reach his cabin and witness the Traveling God lying face down in a pool of his own blood, Icky scoops him up and lays him on his back on his cot. "Talk ta me, Red! What da frell's goin' on? Dere's red duuks on board an' dey all look like yer love kids." If he can see Juan's wounds he'll attempt to cast Light Healing to help Kaedras stabilize him.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [35] = 35 | 21%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [66] = 66

Contingencies
Once Draggor is in the room with Juan, they remain on alert and ready to absorb any energy based effect that first goes Juan's way, and then if possible after that, looks to absorb it in general.

Post
Ghast wrote:"Someone or thing, left that by my door, I think I stepped on it and broke it."
"Unsettling that we're not alone..." Draggor mutters, just as Icky responds via radio:
Icky wrote: "No felgercarb, Inquisitor Shrub -- we got ourselves more frakkin' lurduuks nommin' up our stores 'ere in da galley."
"...felgercarb?" The creature looks towards Ghast in some hope of clarification of that term. Sure are a lot of coincidences lining up.
Ghast wrote:"So do they have a protocol for this?" Ghast ask Draggor, who is obviously the senior member of the two of them.
With this, the creature rises from their seat, engaging any kind of autopilot and freeing their controls as they have been instructed. "You've seen it.", they say with a pause, "Been in it.". The monster walks towards Ghast and places a large hand on his shoulder, looking down and locking gazes. "Embrace the chaos." A very alien tooth filled grin is broadcast, rudely interrupted by Juan screaming. How fitting.

Draggor leads the way with presumably Ghast and Exe following behind, getting those doors open and at least moving Juan to a bed, allowing some minimal preparation once Kaedras, Icky, and others arrive. A brief glow and crackle washes over the monster's body, clearly ready to defend and absorb anything coming Juan's way. Draggor barks "Nothing has been in or out of here!" as commentary for stab wounds and no clear source available.
Icky wrote:"Talk ta me, Red! What da frell's goin' on? Dere's red duuks on board an' dey all look like yer love kids."
Juan talks of a link with his sister. Is this related? What gets asked out loud is not so direct, "Wanderer mentions special link. Can it do this?"
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [87] = 87 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [10] = 10
Kaedras Starfall wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:53 pm "Hold your blade Starchief - we have the remaining birds neutralyzed... but I think these are connected somehow ... to Juan. I heard him scream when you stabbed the duuk."
Starchief lowers his Phase Sword and
Image
at Kaedras as if he had just spelled out a physics formula to a toddler. "Is... is this more god stuff? How does this make any sense? Juan is not a Lurduuk and these Lurduuk are certainly not..." They're red. "Frak."
Chef Icky wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:50 pm "Wait, what? What da frell are ya sayin', Slim?" Icky gives Kaedras an incredulous look. "Yer not suggestin' he got a little too 'friendly' wit' da duuks we had on board an' now Red's a momma... or a papa... are ya?"
"Did they get into... the sauce?" I told him no more sauce after what happened last time...
Draggor wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:36 pm"Wanderer mentions special link. Can it do this?"
Starchief shrugs a muscular shrug. "I have no idea what that man is capable of."

With everyone else heading to check on Juan, Starchief stays behind to keep an eye on the baby 'Duuks. He turns to Exe and asks "So, what'd you hit them with, kid?"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
Ledger
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dime Store Magic »

Lore: Psychics & Psionics
A successful roll will recognize that Juan has been hit with Bio-Manipulation: Paralysis
Lore: Magic (Enchantment)
A successful roll will recognize that Juan has been affected by a mental enchantment
Note for Juan Echo
Juan's paralysation will wear off at the end of his next post. He will quickly shrug off any sort of confused thoughts by the middle of his next post as well. He can speak and think, just not as well as usual.
For one so monstrous in appearance, and another a trained killer, Draggor and Ghast are surprising compassionate upon seeing Juan's sad state in his cabin. Draggor picks up Juan and quickly realizes that Juan's muscles are locked in his current position. He places the red godling on the bed, turning him on his side (he now looks like a table turned on it's side) to get a better look at his injuries. The pair sees the four wounds on Juan's body. The blood while dripping from his clothes, looks like it's beginning to
Juan may make one natural regeneration roll
on Juan's skin.

Back in the galley, Chef Icky, Exe, Kaedras, and StarChief watch the four little duuklings wander and quack. The one that fell off the shelf is waddling around their feet. Kaedras asks asks Datephus for a crew member count.

Datephus responds "CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: KAEDRAS, CURRENT CREW COMPLEMENT COUNT IS...

ALISON NOLASTNAME, COUNT ONE

CHEF ICKY, COUNT ONE.

CORUS, COUNT ONE

DRAGGOR, COUNT ONE

EXE, COUNT ONE.

GHAST, COUNT ONE.

JUAN ECHO, COUNT........."


There is a long pause after Juan's name. Any inquiry produces no response from Datephus. Finally after a minute Datephus' voice can be heard again.

"STARCHIEF, COUNT ONE.

MATTHEW, COUNT ONE.

JUAN ECHO, COUNT..........."


There's a pause again and then finally Datephus says in a half question, half statement tone, "FIFTEEN? QUERY: HAS CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO BEEN DISMEMBERED? I AM UNABLE TO VISUALIZE HIM ON MY OPTICAL SCANNERS. THERE ARE FIFTEEN DISTINCT BIOLOGICAL SIGNATURES THAT MATCH THOSE OF JUAN ECHO."

Those in the galley move back towards Juan's quarters, in the hallway, the newest crew member, a young girl wearing an oversized Kiss the Cook t-shirt as a nightgown is rubbing an eye with one hand and looking around. A mixture of concern and fear on her face from the recent sounds of battle on the ship. Her other hand is holding the edge of her shirt as a makeshift bag, inside it are two iridescent eggs and a recently hatched Lurduuk.

The team now gathered together in and around Juan's room begin to question the impact of Juan's divinity. For those that may have doubted, the reality that Juan actually may be a god is finally hitting home. Chef Icky chants a quick prayer to the Big D and the gentle glow of healing magic surrounds Juan's body (3 more MDC healed).

What are you going to do?
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<61: [41*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [20] = 20
Starchief wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:36 pm"Did they get into... the sauce?" I told him no more sauce after what happened last time...
Icky makes a disgusted face. "Dat's a sauce I never wanna ever see in me galley, Meatball." He shakes his head as if to dislodge some rather disturbing mental images. "An' I mean dat most sincerely."
Dime Store Magic wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:48 am"FIFTEEN? QUERY: HAS CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO BEEN DISMEMBERED? I AM UNABLE TO VISUALIZE HIM ON MY OPTICAL SCANNERS. THERE ARE FIFTEEN DISTINCT BIOLOGICAL SIGNATURES THAT MATCH THOSE OF JUAN ECHO."
"Match???" Icky blinks. "Dat sounds screwy, even fer Red." That doesn't sound like him having gotten frisky with our cargo, that sounds like he's fragmented... kinda like when you cut biscuits out of rolled-out dough. "So who's makin' Red Duuk biscuits, den?" he mutters to himself as he passes by Alison's cabin in time to see the door open.
Dime Store Magic wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:48 amThose in the galley move back towards Juan's quarters, in the hallway, the newest crew member, a young girl wearing an oversized Kiss the Cook t-shirt as a nightgown is rubbing an eye with one hand and looking around. A mixture of concern and fear on her face from the recent sounds of battle on the ship. Her other hand is holding the edge of her shirt as a makeshift bag, inside it are two iridescent eggs and a recently hatched Lurduuk.

The team now gathered together in and around Juan's room begin to question the impact of Juan's divinity. For those that may have doubted, the reality that Juan actually may be a god is finally hitting home. Chef Icky chants a quick prayer to the Big D and the gentle glow of healing magic surrounds Juan's body (3 more MDC healed).
Icky stops and kneels down. "Oi, dere, Lil' Britches. Did our lil' ruckus in da galley wake ya up? An' whatcha got--" his eyes land on her duuky finds. "Oi. More o' dese things." He nods and picks her up. "C'mon, hun, we gonna go see what's up wit' Uncle Red -- dis time."

He sets her down once they're in and after he chants his prayer of healing he sees Alison's duuk peeking out from its perch in her shirt. "Alright, let's test a theory. C'mere, Lil' Britches, an' lemme borrow your new friends a moment..." He reaches out and grabs the duukling -- as gently as his still-smoldering irritation from the shenanigans in the galley will allow -- along with the still unhatched eggs.

"Hold still, Red -- I got me an idea..." he says as he places the eggs and the duukling on top of Juan's wounds. "15 minutes ago I'd have said this was a bonkers idea, and I'll probably still say it's a bonkers idea, but oi, whaddya got ta lose?"
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception 48% 1d100: [81] = 81

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d100: [22] = 22

Kaedras listens closely as Datephus lists off... then struggles to list...the current crew complement.
Datephus wrote:JUAN ECHO, COUNT........... FIFTEEN? QUERY: HAS CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO BEEN DISMEMBERED? I AM UNABLE TO VISUALIZE HIM ON MY OPTICAL SCANNERS. THERE ARE FIFTEEN DISTINCT BIOLOGICAL SIGNATURES THAT MATCH THOSE OF JUAN ECHO."
Kaedras' mouth falls open in shock, and he quietly raises a palm to his face.

"How... by all the... If... " Unable to articulate the fact that he cannot wrap his head around the current circumstances, the star elf merely sighs.

The old tales of gods had them... all too often... interbreeding with mortals. Sometimes making monsters instead of children. Perhaps Juan Echo... really is a god, after all.

When Icky comes in with Alison and another red duukling in tow, Kaedras manages the slightest of smiles at the little girl. She didn't ask for any of this. Yet she is all of our responsibility. We must ... do a better job... at keeping her safe, and ensuring she is raised well. He sees the way Icky is around her. He is gentle, paternal. He will be a good father figure for her. far better than I. Other species seem to find my kind... distant, at best. She would feel I cared not for her.

He smirks, inwardly. Even now I worry for her, quietly, within my own thoughts, and express nothing. Perhaps the other species are right about us. As Icky steps forward to place a duukling on Juan's wounds, Kaedras shrugs.

"Why not? Let us see all of the strangeness this day can offer." He looks down at Alison, and if she looks up, he offers her the rarest expression of emotion one might find from a star elf - an actual smile.

"Worry not, child. Chef Icky has the matter well in hand."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 188/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 150/150

Water Relic PPE: 300/300
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [34] = 34
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

H.P.: 22/22
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 229/227
Current Outfit: Old-Timey Red Long johns with the butt flap, Combat boots, Weapon Harness, Overcoat.


Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [10] = 10 /55% (What is a Lurduuk? (Not sure if this is the appropriate skill even.))
Draggor wrote:"You've seen it.", they say with a pause, "Been in it.". The monster walks towards Ghast and places a large hand on his shoulder, looking down and locking gazes. "Embrace the chaos."
Ghast shakes his head and softly scoffs/chuckles. "That's been my life for the past few months... Enbrace the chaos, indeed." Ghast says as he follows Draggor, until they finally find Juan. "Oh that's not good, not good at all." Ghast says. Ghast wracks his brain for something he can do to help, but his lifetime of violence left him with little to none in the arts of healing. "So what exactly is happening here, or are we guessing at this point?" Ghast asks, obviously unaware of the previous incidents with the Lurduuks. We could eat those, they're likely full of energy. I don't think he would have the stomach to eat baby... whatever those are. How about we don't try and we move on with helpful thoughts. Ghast mentally argues with himself.
“We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
Ghast
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [49] = 49 | 21%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [82] = 82

Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 1d100: [56] = 56 | 45% to see if Draggor knows of any creature that would have this kind of distributed link?

Post
Datephus wrote:"JUAN ECHO, COUNT..........."

There's a pause again and then finally Datephus says in a half question, half statement tone, "FIFTEEN? QUERY: HAS CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO BEEN DISMEMBERED? I AM UNABLE TO VISUALIZE HIM ON MY OPTICAL SCANNERS. THERE ARE FIFTEEN DISTINCT BIOLOGICAL SIGNATURES THAT MATCH THOSE OF JUAN ECHO."
As seems to be the case with the rest of the group, Draggor is as confused as anyone, though that doesn't seem to inhibit actions in this case. "Datephus, location of each biological signature?" Practicing speaking with the ship since getting here sure has helped fluency in general. Regardless of the answer, retrieving these other "Juans" from the ship will require a wee bit of foot work. Imagine if all of us were... out there! NO! Would be lonely...
Ghast wrote:"So what exactly is happening here, or are we guessing at this point?"
"Guessing. Icky testing something, maybe rest of pieces need to be here. Gonna get them." While certainly directed towards Ghast, any company roving through the ship is welcome, and with that, Draggor heads out the door to go to the next nearest location of one or more of these signatures. Dim the lights, stalk the halls... Once, a soft growl falls out of the creature while searching for more Juan signatures.

Contingencies
While roaming, Draggor continues to be at the ready to absorb any energy/elemental attack sent their way, and WILL NOT redirect it out, it will be held onto/used up as glow and some heat. Assuming actual Lurduuks are found, the general attempt is to grab them, and bring them into the room Juan is actually in.
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [70] = 70
Chef Icky wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:28 pm
Starchief wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:36 pm"Did they get into... the sauce?" I told him no more sauce after what happened last time...
Icky makes a disgusted face. "Dat's a sauce I never wanna ever see in me galley, Meatball." He shakes his head as if to dislodge some rather disturbing mental images. "An' I mean dat most sincerely."
Dime Store Magic wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:48 am "FIFTEEN? QUERY: HAS CREW MEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO BEEN DISMEMBERED? I AM UNABLE TO VISUALIZE HIM ON MY OPTICAL SCANNERS. THERE ARE FIFTEEN DISTINCT BIOLOGICAL SIGNATURES THAT MATCH THOSE OF JUAN ECHO."
Andra shakes his head at the thought that there could be more than one Juan Echo. And that maybe they’re Lurduuks. An image runs through his mind of an army of red Lurduuks kitted out on the battlefield delivering righteous justice to the enemy. That image quickly turns to an image of Juan Echo in an indecent and compromising position with an adult Lurduuk. Starchief snaps out of it and turns to Kaedras with urgency. "Do NOT read my mind right now."

Scooping up some Lurduuks, he follows as Icky brings some Duuks to Juan’s room to see if something can be done. Stopping by his quarters, Starchief grabs Champion and applies 6 healing touches to get him back in fighting shape (Healing Touch: 2d6: [5, 2] = 7 M.D. 2d6: [4, 6] = 10 M.D. 2d6: [5, 1] = 6 M.D. 2d6: [3, 2] = 5 M.D. 2d6: [1, 6] = 7 M.D. 2d6: [6, 2] = 8 M.D.)
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
Ledger
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dime Store Magic »

StarChief steps up and draws his rune blade and gently taps Juan with the blade to heal the remaining injuries. The pulse of the magic travels down the blade to each wound and then nothing happens. (3 touches out of 6 used before stopping) It did appear that Icky's healing touch worked, but not Champion's power.

It takes only a few minutes of conversation and face palming for the crew of the Dime Store Magic to decide on trying to locate the eggs. Draggor asks Datephus to locate the Lurduuks. Datephus is unable to precisely identify the Lurduuk chicks exact locations, but they are eventually able to gather back in Juan's room with six chicks and eight eggs. During that time, Juan's paralysis has worn off and he is able to right himself on his bed, his memory of the last few minutes is fuzzy, but the general details of what has been said in his presence is known. (Another regeneration roll can be done).

With the eggs and chicks in hand, Icky has Juan lie down and puts the eggs and chicks on to Juan's body trying to get them to stay over the wounds. The scratchy claws of the baby chicks are like getting pricked by a needle when they touch Juan's wounds, but nothing seems to happen. Icky for his trouble gets a small dollop of Lurduuk poop in his hand.

Kaedras looking to console and comfort Allison, turns to find that she has a chick in her hand and a happy smile on her face.

The psychic vampirism of Ghast's stirs inside him as he contemplates 'eating' one of the chicks.

As they continue to discuss, a clicking/pecking sound can be heard from one of the eggs. One shell fragment pushes outward, then a second.

What are you doing?
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [81] = 0
JiC 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [54] = 54

Armor
Cargo shorts
Teal tank top
Action Sandals
HPC bracelet

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

Regeneration Rolls
1. 1d6*5: [4]*5 = 20
2. 1d6*5: [2]*5 = 10

Butcher's Bill
27 M.D.C.


Juan opens his eyes and finds himself in bed again. He remembers finding a set of eggs nested on some of his dirty clothes and then a stabbing pain. Was it a dream? You don't wake up feeling like you were stabbed repeatedly. Clubbed like a baby sea mammal, all the time, but never stabbed by a magical sword. Why is the sword magical? Because I think you were really stabbed, brother. Juan rolls his head forward and sees a series of glowing hot fissures on his chest and torso.* Small wisps of steam still waft over the still raw injuries.

And waddling around the injuries are the baby luurduks. Juan lets out a low and slow groan. I should have known they would come back to haunt me. The fatality rate on every one of those luxury hunts was absurdly high**. Even for one of your ventures. Makes sense the ducks wouldn't be satisfied until they had claimed a few casualties. Juan gently shakes the animals off his chest and rolls out of bed. The stab wounds burn as he moves to get some clothes on.

He looks up at those gathered in his quarters and gives them an appreciative nod. "It appears that despite our best efforts, we missed a lurduuk nest." Juan shakes his head. "I should never have purchased the nesting hens; this is because of my meddling. I apologize, team. I thought I could keep them docile." After another pause, he says, "And did one of you stab me because of the ducks?"

* The deities of the Yayamama Pantheon don't bleed. They have dense rock-like skins that when seriously cracked will emit light and heat. This is laid out in the "Biology and Physiology" section of Yayamama Pantheon part of Juan's character sheet.
** Per Rate-A-Deity
@L33N wrote:Juan Echo
Yayamama Pantheon
1 out of 10
The Wanderer promised my family an island vacation where we would hunt the most dangerous game. Turns out it was us. There were Predators lurking in the woods.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 | 21%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [92] = 92

Post
Juan wrote:"It appears that despite our best efforts, we missed a lurduuk nest."
The creature corrects as far as what has been told to the crew, "Datephus says no duuks." They point one hand at a lurduuk, and another towards Juan, "Ship scan says they are you."
Juan wrote:"And did one of you stab me because of the ducks?"
Draggor answers the Godling, "You were in room with duuks when we heard you scream, but," and with a pause, the motion towards the others, "In other part of ship, stabbed a duuk at the same time." Another pause, and they offer up the question from before, "You mention link, can it do this?"
As they continue to discuss, a clicking/pecking sound can be heard from one of the eggs. One shell fragment pushes outward, then a second.
Juan is unique. We're going to meet his people. And maybe save the boss. Sounds like you're starting to fit in? The creature looks upon the scene, a fresh lurduuk? hatching in realtime.

"If they are... Juan, care for them until we reach his planet?" Draggor looks towards the door, "If under control, should resume shift on bridge." Don't know what to do? Do you?

Assuming there's no specific request or otherwise immediate urgency, some form of acknowledgement from higher rank well send the beast back to the bridge. The schedule, and otherwise calmness of the trip, has been very well received.
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<61: [88] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [11] = 11
Draggor wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:35 pm
Ghast wrote:"So what exactly is happening here, or are we guessing at this point?"
"Guessing. Icky testing something, maybe rest of pieces need to be here. Gonna get them."
"An' guessin' wrong, apparently..." Icky grumbles as his experiment only yields a handful of duuk poop, which he attempts to covertly wipe off on Juan's bedspread. "Da kid said he'd wrangle da duuks in da pantry, ya might wanna start dere."
Draggor wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 pm
Juan wrote:"It appears that despite our best efforts, we missed a lurduuk nest."
The creature corrects as far as what has been told to the crew, "Datephus says no duuks." They point one hand at a lurduuk, and another towards Juan, "Ship scan says they are you."
Juan wrote:"And did one of you stab me because of the ducks?"
Draggor answers the Godling, "You were in room with duuks when we heard you scream, but," and with a pause, the motion towards the others, "In other part of ship, stabbed a duuk at the same time." Another pause, and they offer up the question from before, "You mention link, can it do this?"
"Oi, yah, so long story short we got a bunch o' duuks runnin' round da ship dat look jus' like ya in color an' in bio-signatures. Ain't judgin' yer 'extra-curricular shenanigans' -- tho I personally draw da line at poultry meself -- but seems whatever we did ta dem yer da one dat feels it. I was hopin' dat if we brought 'em to ya dey might get... I dunno, re-absorbed or somethin'." He shrugs. Yeah, that sounds goofball when I say it out loud. "Anyways, clearly dat didn't work so dat's put a crimp in an otherwise gorram fine plan." Noticing how Alison was smiling while holding one, as he scoops up the rest of the Juan-duuks off the god's body he hands one back to her. "Looks like we're gonna be duuk-sittin' fer a while, Little Britches. Ya wanna help Uncle Exe take care o' 'em in da meantime?"
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception 48% 1d100: [95] = 95

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [64] = 64

As Juan stirs and rises, Kaedras breathes a nearly-audible sigh of relief. Thank the Forge. This could have gone very wrongly indeed.

As the others discuss, Kaedras nods, once. "Yes - clearly we need to keep the duuks alive until we can ascertain the best way to deal with them. The difficulty is that we have to also keep them out of the ship's systems and in a place where they will not harm us."

He looks at Juan. I wonder if the... damage transfer... works the other way as well. If we strike Juan, do the duuks receive the injuries? Could we kill them this way? I would imagine he is a great deal tougher than the duuks are... but it is not a road we should try to take unless circumstances become dire. I suspect he would not be amenable.

If the star elf were given to displays of amusement, he might chuckle here.

"Ideally they will have a solution for this dilemma on the Yaya planet." Though I rather suspect it will not be an ideal solution.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 188/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 150/150

Water Relic PPE: 300/300
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 /39%
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [97] = 97

Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min |

MDC: 660/660 PPE: 440/440 ISP: 160/160
| See Aura [Instant | 100ft]| Telepathy [Scan Surface Thoughts of Duuks | 220ft | 8min]

Skills:
Lore, Magic: 1d100: [26] = 26 /71% (Could the cause of this link between Juan and the Duuks be magical, and if so, severed?)

Post:

Amid the relative chaos and Exe's own inability to process what is going on, the young demi-god sinks back and watches everything unfold with a furrowed brow; surely, this chaos was nothing to Exe by now. This doesn't make sense, it's like the normal rules of magic... the only rules I actually follow, are ignored. I'm all for breaking rules but this is overkill. Exe thinks in his head while crossing his arms in protest. Exe glances up, his eyes darting between the many conversations happening now about the Duuks, Juan and what this could possibly be. Exe just slumps his head and rolls it to the right as he looks back up and sighs to himself. Well, this won't help much but might tell me something we don't know. Exe resigns to himself as he opens his mind to the duuks.

First, he casts See Aura to see their aura, compare it to Juan's and see if Exe can notice a difference between them and around them. In conjunction with that, Exe reaches out with his mind to telepathically scan the surface thoughts of the duuks. Simple animals won't have surface thoughts... intelligent ones would, and maybe influenced ones. If they are driven by magic or some other factor, this might help see that they are least not acting independently. Exe thinks to himself, ignoring most of the adults in the conversation at this point.

Regardless, once it is determined they can't be killed and need to be contained, Exe will attempt to help corral them. Hey bud, I might want your help rounding up these duuks. They're lightning birds, like you. Exe mentally tells his familiar, king of the Lightning Birds of the DSM. Ideally, when/if push comes to shove, Exe's familiar can help to organize the duuks if they see Corus as dominant.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [48] = 48 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [94] = 94
Juan Echo wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:53 pm"And did one of you stab me because of the ducks?"
"I tried to stab the duuks but... you got stabbed...This is confusing at best."
Sheathing Champion, Andra looks back and forth between the various crew-members gathered. "That was my best shot. One of you magic folks have any more ideas? About why the resident god is now also 14 Duuks? Think about it. I'm grabbing the salve."

Starchief walks to the Medical Bay and grabs the Protein Healing Salve. He heads back to Juan's room and tosses it to him. "Here. Put that on."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
Ledger
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dime Store Magic »

The God of Travelers looks down at his body seeing the hot glow from his wounds slowly fading as his own regenerative abilities continue to heal him. His companions accept his apology and are quick to address his accusation of being stabbed. (fully healed at this point)

As each provides their details, it seems clear that Juan's injuries occurred spontaneous and co-synchronously with StarChief's extermination efforts in the galley. It doesn't take much to also realize that Juan's paralysis was caused by Kaedras' psychic abilities, and his mild confusion from Exe's magic. Kaedras recognizes that they probably need to keep the Juanduuks alive to keep Juan alive.

Exe who had been quiet for the last few minutes comes to the conclusion that what's happenned with Juan and his Juanduuks is outside the scope of normal magic. Outside of advanced genetic manipulation on the order of the Splugorth Bio-wizardry or the Gene-Splicers, cross breeding different species of life forms is impossible except by divine beings. These Juanduuks may be some sort of demi-gods if Juan's own claim of divinity is to be believed.

The Juanduuk's auras as compared to Juans are essentially identical. Trying to read the surface thoughts. He catches fragments of what appear to be two people holding a conversation as if over a bad phone connection (He hears every third or fourth word of Juan's internal monologue from his previous post though he doesn't know who is speaking).

Chef Icky appoints Alison keeper of the eggs and chicks, to which her excitement translates into high pitched girly squeals as she picks up the duuklings and puts them into a convenient empty box. In almost a whisper, the rest of the GA can hear her naming each one as she puts them in the box.

StarChief is quick to tell Juan that he thought he was doing what was best. After a quick trip to the med bay, he comes back with a tube of healing salve and tells Juan that a godling rubs the salve on his skin.

What do you do?
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [33] = 33 /39%
JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [80] = 80

Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min |

MDC: 660/660 PPE: 440/440 ISP: 160/160
| See Aura [Instant | 100ft]| Telepathy [Scan Surface Thoughts of Duuks | 220ft | 8min]

Skills:


Post:

While Exe is scoping out the duuks, he blinks and rubs his eyes a couple times. Uh. What? Exe shakes his head as he tries listening to the duuks, catching several random words. Dream? Wake... Like... stabbed? Like... mammal? But... magical... sword? Exe shakes his head as the voice sounds like a one sided conversation between the duuks, the duuks with Juan's aura and a sort of magical connection. Exe visibly scratches his head and grumbles.

He'll intercept Juan somewhere to tell him about what he's discovered. "Hey, so, all these duuks have the same aura as you. I mean, identically. Which is unheard of by itself. And there is some sort of magic connecting you to them. Not normal magic; god-magic I think." Exe says to Juan, pausing and crossing his arms. "And there is some sort of conversation going on in the duuks minds, but it's the same conversation. I can only hear snippets." Exe pauses and recounts what he heard. "Something like 'Dream. Wake like stabbed like mammal but magical sword.' It doesn't make sense to me." Exe explains, tapping one foot as he finishes his explanation to Juan (and whoever else is near).

Exe suddenly has a lightbulb moment after explaining his observations. "I wonder if.. do you sense the duuks? I wonder if you can influence them in any way... if the pain caused to them hurt you, maybe it can be two way?" Exe suggests, looking slightly past Juan as if lost in thought. "But that still doesn't answer the voice in their heads." Exe mutters to himself.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Venenifer (Roughnecks)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [8*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [36] = 36

Armor
Cargo shorts
Teal tank top
Action Sandals
HPC bracelet

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

Little by little, as his teammates recount their actions around the time that he was attacked, Juan starts to understand his predicament. What in the realms of Hades did you get caught up in this time? I have no idea! We're trying to figure this out before we arrive on Yaya! Don't you dare bring bad magic to our home Juanathon! He shakes his head and listens to their suggestions.
Draggor wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 pm"You mention link, can it do this?"
"The link with my sister? No, that is something else completely,"Juan replies shaking his head. "My twin sister and I have a psychic bond. Part of her psyche is in my mind, as if she was with me at this very moment." If I was there I wouldn't have let you buy those fuxing duuks. "Likewise, part of my psyche is with her on my home planet. But while my psyche is there, I'm not actually there; I don't know what's going on. We can use this link to send important messages, but that takes a concerted effort. A physical link is unheard of."
Urqos Chief wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:16 pm"I tried to stab the duuks but... Here. Put that on."
Juan takes the salve and applies it to the glowing wounds on his chest. "Thank you Urqos Chief. I am just as confused as you are."
Priest Icky wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:37 am"Oi, yah, so long story short we got a bunch o' duuks runnin' round da ship dat look jus' like ya in color an' in bio-signatures... I dunno, re-absorbed or somethin'."
Juan stiffens in offense at the suggestion. "I assure you, that I only make sauce with sentient beings, which the lurduuks are not. And it's not like there is anything in the sauce that could be used to fertilize their eggs*."
Exe wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:30 am"Hey, so, all these duuks have the same aura as you... It doesn't make sense to me."

Juan listens to the demi-god, and nods as he recounts the words he listened inside the duuks' heads. Sounds familiar... like what we were discussing... After a moment, Juan replies, "Interesing. This is an very odd and oddly strong bond. If I didn't know any better, it would sound like you heard snippets of my own thoughts in the duuks."
Exe wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:30 am"I wonder if... that still doesn't answer the voice in their heads."
"There is only one way to find out," Juan says. He puts his hands on his temple and thinks very very hard. Urqos Donald had a farm... And on that farm he had lurduuks... And a... If the initial mental energy is not enough, Juan will expend actual psionic energy and use telepathy (-4 I.S.P.) and hums along a simple song. Don the Urqos, he's my little pal... Daisy Urqos, she's his favorite gal...

* Do you want to make your own Juan Sauce? Here's a recipe for a quick and easy sauce (just like Jonny) that goes well on sandwiches, with fish, or fries:
Ingredients
  • 1 cup mayonaise
  • 2 tbsp aji amarillo chili paste
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 cup of basil and tarragon

Instructions
Combine mayo, lime juice, garlic powder and chilli paste in bowl. Can't find aji amarillo at your local Latin grocery store? No worries, any pureed chili paste (as opposed to a hot sauce) will work, though you want to go for one that is red or yellow for the best contrast against your green herbs. If you want to give your sauce more color you can add annato seed (also known as achiote) or tumeric. Next dice your herbs (if fresh), and add to mayo. If basil or tarragon are unavailable (or you just don't like tarragon), you can sub in thyme or parsley, n problem.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [98] = 98 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [9] = 9
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

H.P.: 22/22
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 229/227
Current Outfit: Old-Timey Red Long johns with the butt flap, Combat boots, Weapon Harness, Overcoat.


Sensory Equipment 1d100: [17] = 17 /40% Pass (Anything threatening the ship from the outside?)

Ghast watches the proceedings for a while, quietly lost in his thoughts. Ghast shakes his head. "Well it looks like everything is at least handled, I'll go and look at the sensors for other issues." Ghast says as he walks away from Juan's berth. You could put some pants on. Nah, not necessary. Ghast counter thinks to himself as he makes his way to the cockpit. Plopping down into the co-pilot's seat, Ghast twists his view to the sensor board. Not my strong suit. You know enough to be dangerous. Or enough to be a fool. Ghast thinks, never knowing if the voices are just other parts of his psyche or actual voices.
Dial an Assassin wrote:User: TGE SPeCtRe
Rating: 2 out of 10

Hired this hobo looking fellow to kill a disgraced ship captain. Ended up crashing his ship into the Empire's newest flagship. While technically he did the job, at what cost.
“We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
Ghast
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [6] = 6

Starchief scratches his head in confusion. "So, you're the duuks and the duuks are you? Do we call you all Juan or are we... naming all of them? I'm not the best at problems you can't stab. Do you think your sister can fix whatever this is?" Andra waits for someone to make sense of the situation.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
Ledger
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [100] = 100 | 21%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: [36] = 36

Post
With the situation as under control as it's seemingly going to get for the time being, Draggor returns to their shift on the bridge. Wonder what anomalies the ship detects and doesn't tell us about... Datephus seems on our side. Once settled into their seat, the creature starts asking Datephus questions about the crew's history, things like "Have any of the crew been... more than one before?" or "How often strange readings on sensors?" During these, Ghast walks in:
Ghast wrote:Ghast counter thinks to himself as he makes his way to the cockpit. Plopping down into the co-pilot's seat, Ghast twists his view to the sensor board.
Maybe he notices that the beast is always talking with the ship, and is never using text on a screen or terminal except to look at images. "Might fix this at Juan's planet," they offer without prompting, acknowledging that, physically, they also are not alone. Noticing that the crewmate is looking at sensors, Draggor semi-regularly asks Datephus "How many crew on board?" and once in a while in between those, "How many of each crew?", just in case.
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<61: [57*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [54] = 54
Kaedras Starfall wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:03 am"Yes - clearly we need to keep the duuks alive until we can ascertain the best way to deal with them. The difficulty is that we have to also keep them out of the ship's systems and in a place where they will not harm us."
Icky huffs. "Whatever, I just want 'em outta me galley 'fore dey eat us outta house an' home." Seeing Alison enjoy her new job as duuk wrangler, however, his expression softens a bit. At least someone on board this tub seems happy they're here.
Starchief wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:16 pm"That was my best shot. One of you magic folks have any more ideas? About why the resident god is now also 14 Duuks? Think about it. I'm grabbing the salve."
"Oi, me best idea was ta see if Red would absorb 'em back inta himself if I got 'em in contact wit' him -- an' clearly dat didn't work..." For a moment Icky wonders what would happen if he simply shoved one of the duuklings down Juan's throat, but ultimately thinks better of it.
Exe wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:30 am"I wonder if.. do you sense the duuks? I wonder if you can influence them in any way... if the pain caused to them hurt you, maybe it can be two way?" Exe suggests, looking slightly past Juan as if lost in thought. "But that still doesn't answer the voice in their heads." Exe mutters to himself.
The minotaur raises an eyebrow. "Ya ain't suggestin' he try ta, I dunno, try ta stab himself an' see if da duuks feel it?" He looks back at Juan. "I'll settle fer yer tellin' yer duuky minions ta get da frell outta me galley, fer starters."
Juan Echo wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:55 amJuan stiffens in offense at the suggestion. "I assure you, that I only make sauce with sentient beings, which the lurduuks are not. And it's not like there is anything in the sauce that could be used to fertilize their eggs*."
"I said I ain't judgin', Red..." Icky chuckles as he holds up his hands in exaggerated surrender. "Ya say ya weren't makin' pâté on yer down time, den ya weren't makin' pâté on yer down time. What's yer idea what happened den?"
Starchief wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:31 pm"So, you're the duuks and the duuks are you? Do we call you all Juan or are we... naming all of them? I'm not the best at problems you can't stab. Do you think your sister can fix whatever this is?"
Icky nods in Alison's direction. "I reckon someone's already got da namin' part covered, chief."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Dime Store Magic »

The thoughts of gods and duuks are strange indeed. Exe and Draggor both suggest that Juan attempt to communicate with the Juanduuks. Juan marshals his telepathic abilities. Alison places the now seven hatched ducklings on the floor in front of the red godling The duuklings wandering around falling over and then eventually they seem to all turn and focus towards Juan's direction. Then begin to flap their tiny wings in unison and quack in time. Trying to get them to do anything more complicated seems beyond the duuklings current capabilities. Juan's telepathic abilities scan of the duuklings thoughts realizes that they aren't self aware to any degree greater than what a baby bird would be.

There's some discussion of stabbing Juan, but nothing comes of it, and the crew disburses now that the immediate crisis is over. The duuklings, now fed regularly and under Alison's watchful eyes, do not cause any more problems on the ship.

Another week passes aboard the Dime Store Magic uneventfully. Chef Icky (along with Alison, 14 duuklings and anyone else who wants to be there) is checking on Sarge and sharing a story about his friend Metri, who was lost on Axis V. It's then a low rumble seems to come from the power armor. "Boog!" comes from the armor's loudspeaker. On the power armor's left wrist, the quiescent time relic, the snake tattoo, begins to glow and the snake beings to move around the forearm in a figure-eight pattern the head chasing it's tail. "Boog!" the armor exclaims again and it disappears, only to reappear at the door. For those giving chase, the armor makes it to the Dime Store Magic's Mystic Engine. The tentacles of the armor lash out cutting gashes into the core's protective casing and the right arm reaches in to the maelstrom of magic energy it contains. The snake on the left wrist slithers faster and faster.

To everyone on the ship, time appears to slow to a crawl, while their consciousness appears unaffected. If Exe wasn't with Icky to begin with, he knows now that a temporal field has engulfed the ship. There's a snap, and time appears to accelerate. Those on the bridge, see the instruments measuring their speed increasing from the typical 6 lightyears/hour to 7 , 8, 9, 11, 14, 18, 23, 27, 34, 42... The stars in front of the ship all turn blue and brighter in intensity, while those behind turn a sullen red.

Suddenly the ship shudders and all goes dark. The artificial gravity fails and anything not secured begins to float. Emergency lights flicker on through out the ship. On the bridge, systems are slowly rebooting. Looking out the bridge windows a planet is in view, appearing to slowly tumble, and beyond it a white dwarf star. The planet appears to have no seas or oceans.

Back at the mystic engine, the energy coming from the core is a trickle to what it once was. Sarge has sagged, it's right arm still holding on to the opening it had created. In Sarge's left hand, a small, wrinkly green skinned humanoid with large ears hands dangling by the back of his robes. The snake like tattoo that is the time relic slows down and stops on the wrist and goes dark. An almost satisfied sound comes from Sarge as if someone had eaten a large meal and is ready to fall asleep, "Booooggggg."

He remembers being on Axis V and dying more than once as Haad kept resetting time. Where he was in between now and then? Unknown.


Hey kids! Metri's back!

What are you doing?
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

Post by Metri »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [95] = 95 | 39%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | d%: [94] = 94 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 800ft (no-magic). 1800ft (if magic used).
    • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [96] = 96 | 84%.
    • Track by psychic scent: d%: [59] = 59 | 90%.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [61] = 61 | 94%.
  • Sense Life. 300ft.
PPE: 159/159
ISP: 260/260
Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
MDC: 72/72
MTB1_PPE: 180/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
Saving Throw Bonuses
+1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
Coma/Death: +4%
Magic (varies): +1
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+2 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
+1 vs Poison and Disease
Conditions
    Moments on Axis V TATp2 wrote:Corbin Decker's words about looping through time, manipulated by a time relic resonated with the Yhabbayar. And despite not trusting the messenger based on his instincts to sense life, Metri nonetheless understood the truth in its content. He or Icky would need to kill themselves in order to ensure that this message was propagated to the next time loop.
    Dark Lord wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 amDecker curses again, then states ”The attack has already begun- listen to me! Death can disrupt the looping process, make it easier to remember. The information I have given you must make it to the next loop with you- one or both of you must kill yourselves. If you are not erased from time, you will be able to brief your team and finally prevent this from happening. Neither Sarge nor I carry any memories forward- it has to be one of you.”
    Chef Icky wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:39 pm"Den I guess it's time." He looks down at Metri. "Never figured I'd find meself askin' a friend dis, but d'ya want me to cap ya first? If we both snuff it, da better our odds o' rememberin' everythin' an' da better our odds o' convincin' da others. But if ya'd rather do it yerself or take a chance on stoppin' it dis time 'round instead, I understand."
    Dark Lord wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:21 am ”Agree with your choice, I do. All our own choices, we must make hmm, yes. And live with. Burden you with this, I would not. See you on the other side, I will.”... Metri will summon a lightblade, and plunge it into his own chest.
    Impaling one-self through the chest is not, by its nature a pain-free experience. Agony courses through his body until his life essence sheds its mortal coil. Given the nature of the time relic removing Metri from the timestream, the Yhabbayar's experience is drastically different than the remainder of the Adventurers. For him, but an instant passes before Sarge is able to locate and fish him back into the present, guided by the embedded time relic, powered by DSM's mystic generator...
    Dime Store Magic wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:32 pmAn almost satisfied sound comes from Sarge as if someone had eaten a large meal and is ready to fall asleep, "Booooggggg."
    Metri instinctively coughs as he is instantly restored to existence. Sarge's nearly comatose groan is the siren's call that greets the Yhabbayar upon his return. I must remember why I am here in this time loop. All else is secondary!

    His eyes panicked with urgency, Metri pushes the message out of his mis-constructed speech as best he can with frantic waves of his arms to anyone nearby who can hear, "Trapped in a loop we are! Time, a relic like Kaedras and Quan's, the key is. Find it we must!"

    In all likelihood one of the other Adventurers will set Metri straight. The Yhabbayar's confusion and disorientation will fade as others fill in the gaps of knowledge his absence has wrought. He will see the clear evidence of the truth in their words and will nod along solemnly. His third eye empathic emanations will shift from radiating panic and concern to that of a warming blanket of gratitude.

    A smile will creep across his face, the wrinkles on his forehead smoothing somewhat, "Grateful I am. yess." Then summarizing the many improbabilities strung together to result in his rescue, "Defeat Haad. With Sarge, time relic melded. Then from the timestream, found and rescued me, yess... Impossible feats made mundane. A Tuesday for the Galactic Adventurers, hmm?"
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Bronze Level Patron
    Posts: 156
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    Perception 48% 1d100: [80] = 80

    JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
    JIC: 1d100: [30] = 30
    Starchief wrote:"That was my best shot. One of you magic folks have any more ideas? About why the resident god is now also 14 Duuks? Think about it."
    Kaedras Thinks, as best he can, about this unusual situation.

    Lore: Galactic Aliens 45% 1d100: [64] = 64 (the Yayamama as a people - FAIL)
    Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 25% 1d100: [87] = 87 (the Yayamama as gods - FAIL)
    Juan wrote:"I assure you, that I only make sauce with sentient beings, which the lurduuks are not. And it's not like there is anything in the sauce that could be used to fertilize their eggs*."
    "Please... I was happy knowing little to nothing about this... 'sauce'."

    Kaedras sighs. "I embrace that ignorance, and I do not seek to lose it."
    Icky wrote:"Whatever, I just want 'em outta me galley 'fore dey eat us outta house an' home."
    "Yes... I understand full well that desire." He turns to Juan. "Can you survive the void of space?"

    Because maybe we can shunt these duuks out the airlock and just go about our business. No harm, no... NO. Don't Think It.

    Kaedras leaves the mysteries of the duuklings and the Juan-dering God alone, for now, having recognized the contentment he had found in ignorance. The Star Elf clings to that ignorance for as long as possible, uneager to delve into the workings of the Yayamama pantheon at any deeper level.

    Instead, he passes the travel largely in meditaiton, communing within his own mind, and communing with the water relic.

    When the time aboard the ship - but not the star elf's perception of it - slows to a crawl, Kaedras lunges for his bow. agonizingly slowly, as if he is a painting, hung upon the wall, his body twists in midair, reaching, striving for his weapon.

    A snap, and Kaedras has his bow, has somersaulted into a crouch, and has a nocked arrow pointing at the door to his quarters.

    Clad only in pants, Kaedras vaults to his door, opens it, and pivots into the corridor beyond. From the nearest viewport, he sees the darkness of space turn... blue?

    Blueshift, Kaedras thinks, having learned the concept at his father's feet as a mere elfling. In his youth he was utterly unimpressed by knowledge of astronomy, had no head for it... but he did, apparently, learn something once in a while.

    That only happens at extreme speeds. Thank the gods our ship's hull spared us the damaging effects of that.

    ... I hope.

    Then everything shudders, the sky outside the ship resumes it's normal darkness, and... the Dime Store Magic loses gravity.

    Kaedras begins to float in the corridor. He reaches otu a hand, trying to find purchase on the corridor wall. He turns toward the front of the ship, and sees the Mystic Engine, and...
    Metri wrote:"Trapped in a loop we are! Time, a relic like Kaedras and Quan's, the key is. Find it we must!"
    "MASTER METRI!!" Kaedras nearly whoops with joy. He kicks off the wall toward the mystic engine and Metri, keying on his radio. "Master Metri is in the Mystic Engine Chamber!"

    Kaedras angles his momentum to carry him near, but not into, the Mystic Engine, so he can grab hold of any nearby railing and approach Metri quickly but safely.

    Space: Movement in Zero Gravity 110% 1d100: [86] = 86 (SUCCESS)

    "Master Metri!"

    If indeed it is you...

    "Haad is dead. We had thought you lost on Axis V. The time Relic... there..." Kaedras points to the time relic, resting on Sarge's forearm.
    Metri wrote:"Defeat Haad. With Sarge, time relic melded. Then from the timestream, found and rescued me, yess... Impossible feats made mundane. A Tuesday for the Galactic Adventurers, hmm?"
    "Indeed. I should tell you about the luhrduuks... the, er... newest... situation with the luhrduuks... But first... please understand my caution. Tell me where we met, you and I."

    I doubt that is common knowledge, to anyone who was not in the infirmary on Seeron that day.
    Last edited by Kaedras Starfall on Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 188/188
    M.D.C.: 45/45

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35/35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


    Aldón MDC: 150/150

    Water Relic PPE: 300/300
    User avatar
    Metri
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 319
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Metri »

    ((rolls carried over))
    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:08 pm"Indeed. I should tell you about the luhrduuks... the, er... newest... situation witht he luhrduuks... But first... please understand my caution. Tell me where we met, you and I."
    Metri's face melts into a relaxed smile. Instead of a lengthy soliloquy of the conditions by which he and Kaedras were both stranded on Seeron and brought together by a chance encounter in the resistance infirmary, the Yhabbayar relies on a small offer of advice he gave the star elf that day as his proof of identity. "Justice, not genocide, our goal should be, hmm?" The pitch in questioning tone seemingly in askance if the proof of identity is sufficient.

    Then, with a chuckle, Metri tries to conjure up the most fantastical problem one might have with electrical ducks within the confines of a starship. "Venture a guess about lurduuks I will... Roosted near mystic generator. Absorbed magical energy. Able to phase and teleport. Consumed all the food in galley, hmm?" Certainly the situation can't be worse than that.
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 131
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 | 21%
    JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [49] = 49

    Post
    It's another week of normalcy, at least, as much as it can be aboard a magic sentient spaceship, now populated with many duuks somehow linked to Juan. Occasionally Draggor is found watching Icky and Alison tend to the critters: The risk that something bad could happen to them, and thus Juan, is still concerning, but with each little checkup, the monster calms and accepts that yes indeed: life with this crew will be anything but simple. You watch for more than just Juan. This crew doesn't always require violence.

    When time starts to slow, Draggor again is at the helm, trying to look to anyone around who might know what's happening. The stars changing draws gaze to the instruments, watching with a mix of worry and fascination as the speed gets ludicrous! Is this what tore us from the rift jump? Something pursuing us? Upon everything going black, the creature ignites and holds a small energy ball just to cast some light, that is, until rebooting begins.

    Draggor pulls themselves back into their seat, and actually straps in. Fiddling with various controls, they try again and again to use the ship's comms until they succeed: "Draggor on bridge, what the frell?" Be useful! After a pause, they add, "Planet ahead, went very fast."

    Once it seems Datephus is, well, at least verbally responsive, Draggor asks, "Datephus, how many crew? How many of each crew?"
    Draggor | Ledger
    M.D.C.: 1,694 / 1,694
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89

    Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
    Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

    Events of Note
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 567
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [16] = 16 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [4] = 4

    With no resolution to the weirdness that took place, Andra shakes it off and goes about his captainly business. Checking inventory, keeping an eye on travel progress and taking care of the needs of his crew.

    He's in his quarters polishing his NE-202 when he notices time slowing down. "Wwwwwhaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt ttttttttthhhhhhhhhheeeeeee fffffffffrrrrreeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiinnnnnnnn' ffffffffrrrrrrrrreeeeeelllllllllllllllll..." He stands up to head to the bridge when suddenly time starts going faster and then it's dark and he's floating. He kicks off of a wall to send himself over to his door. "Datephus, damage report. Where are we? Tell me what's going on!" He grabs on to whatever ledges he can and floats himself to the bridge.

    When he runs into Metri, he smiles and pushes off of a wall to give the mystic a hug. "We thought we lost you! Oh boy, whatever else is going on, this is wonderful."
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Ghast
    Posts: 107
    Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Ghast »

    Perception: 1d100: [24] = 24 /52%
    Just in Case: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [1] = 1
    Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

    H.P.: 27/22
    S.D.C.: 70/70
    I.S.P.: 239/239
    Current Outfit: Clothes (Beaten Up Cargo Pants, Worn Thermal Undershirt, Wool Vest), Scarf, Goggles (Around Neck), Combat boots, Weapon Harness, Utility Belt.


    Ghast mellows out over the next few days, the baby Lurrducks a mere curiosity at this point. Ghast almost feels spoiled by Icky's cooking, and a bit embarrassed that he likely eats more than anyone onboard. But as the events of Metri's return unfold, the former assassin finds himself the lounge watching a documentary on the automaton wars. The assassin is startled at the sudden slowing of time and the gravity shutting off.

    "What now?" Ghast asks the empty room as he slowly floats off the couch he had been sitting on. Ghast slowly looks about the room as the emergency lights flicker on, and the ship begins making noise as it does it's thing to bring things back in order.
    Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Master Metri is in the Mystic Engine Chamber!"
    Draggor wrote:"Draggor on bridge, what the frell?... Planet ahead, went very fast."
    Ghast shakes his head as his earbud receiver goes off. Who is Master Metri? "How fast Draggor? Like we're gonna die, or just this is gonna hurt?" Ghast prioritizes his radio use.

    Once the gravity decides to work again, and Ghast falls unceremoniously back onto the couch. Ghast pauses his video and heads to the bridge. "What's the sit rep folks, are we under attack?" Ghast asks as he makes his way to the bridge.

    I guess where here?
    “We are what we choose to be.” ~Altaïr
    Ghast
    User avatar
    Metri
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 319
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Metri »

    ((rolls carried over))
    Starchief wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:52 pmWhen he runs into Metri, he smiles and pushes off of a wall to give the mystic a hug. "We thought we lost you! Oh boy, whatever else is going on, this is wonderful."
    Metri returns the hug as best he can given his diminutive size with warmth and equal amounts elation. "Gone long was I, hmm? When frequent a companion death is, filled with uncertainty our days are." His shift from light humor to fortune cookie read-out seems oddly on-brand for the Yhabbayar.

    Did I die? Plunged my own blade through my heart? Or do we exist in a timeline where none of that happened?

    What in blazes are you talking about? Skorl's voice intrudes into his mind, simultaneously answering Metri's question. We don't back down from fights. We end them! The victorious cackling that follows from the Norse warrior acts as a soothing salve on Metri's soul. Quite right. Metri agrees.

    Looking around, he casually asks, "Aboard the DSM Chef Icky still is, hmm? If inventory the galley still has, some eggs satiate my appetite will, hmm." If left to his own devices, Metri will pad his way to the galley and search for some scrambled eggs (non-Lurduuk). If instead his attention is drawn toward the fact that the DSM has been hurled into the unknown, he will willingly forgo his hunger and instead head toward the bridge with the others to sort out their current location and parse out what happened. Unfortunately, given his limited technical ability, he will only be able to provide mostly moral support. But will give his best.

    Astronomy & Navigation. d%: [43] = 43 | 65% <== Only related skill that Metri might be able to make a contribution through.
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 309
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [76] = 0
    JiC 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [89] = 89

    Armor
    Cargo shorts
    Teal tank top
    Action Sandals
    HPC bracelet

    Weapons
    Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

    Juan watches as little Alison takes the luurduklings away with a mixture of relief, confusion, and terror. I think I will be a much happier deity if I never learn what transpired. Brother, if I had to guess, I'd say your karma is broken. That's what Rate-A-Deity says.* The Wandering God gives a polite nod to everyone, thanking them for their concern and making the tacit agreement to never speak of these events again.

    A week later, Juan is on the bridge of the Dime Store Magic as the ship approaches the planet Yaya. Returning home always brings out feelings of both apprehension and excitement. While it will be great to spend time with his twin sister and bask in the praise of his worshipers, he always feels like there is more to see see and explore. He has brought companions home with him, but never a group quite as illustrious as the Galactic Adventurers; and this time it isn't a friendly trip back to his home, the fate of the Three Galaxies is at risk. Juan hardly notices the time fluctuations and he just considers how unusual this visit to the planet Yaya will be. ... will think when they find out you're working with Thraxus. Don't you work for Thraxus, Jonny? Working with him is the least of my worries. There's also the being dead part. Well with Lo La at war on Mama, that should be less of an issue. Best they, and the rest of our siblings, think that you are still 'dead'. It is surreal, to be dead to the planet and just magically manifest like it's perfectly normal.

    Juan's thoughts on spontaneous resurrection change abruptly in the moment as Metri manifests in a ball of light. Juan joins the others in welcoming their long-lost companion in the engine room.
    Sage Urqos wrote:"Trapped in a loop we are! Time, a relic like Kaedras and Quan's, the key is. Find it we must!""
    Waterboy wrote:"Haad is dead. We had thought you lost on Axis V. The time Relic... there..."
    Sage Urqos wrote:"Defeat Haad. With Sarge, time relic melded. Then from the timestream, found and rescued me, yess... Impossible feats made mundane. A Tuesday for the Galactic Adventurers, hmm?"
    Juan kneels down to put a large, stony red hand on Metri's shoulder. The Godling practically radiates divine warmth at the sight of Yhabbayar. "Truly, except on Tuesdays, Priest Icky makes tacos after we do the impossible."

    Kaedras provides Metri with an update on the lurduuks, to which the Mystic wisely says.
    Sage Urqos wrote:"Venture a guess about lurduuks I will... Roosted near mystic generator. Absorbed magical energy. Able to phase and teleport. Consumed all the food in galley, hmm?"
    "That would explain things," Juan nods. He then returns back to the bridge to pilot the ship home. When they are close enough, the Wanderer sets the ship on a course to land someplace on the Chirpa Plateau, a large open expanse dotted with large mountains. At the base of its highest peak is a large settlement centered a round a very tall tower, the home of the Traveler and the Hostess. As the Dime Store Magic enters Yaya's atmosphere, he gets on the radio and contacts the people in the tower.

    "Greetings beloved urqos. Your God returns," Juan announces confidently. "Please have an entourage waiting for us at the following coordinates" Juan reads out the location for where he plans to plant the Dime Store Magic. He then pilots the ship towards the tower, finding a large flat expanse on the plateau within an hour's walk of the tower to land.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Posts: 1876
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Dark Lord »

    Alison manages to corral the lurduuks into one of the less-used airlocks (without venting it) and together you keep them more-or-less contained for the remainder of your voyage. With a little help from Icky’s galley, you keep them sufficiently fed that they spend most of their time napping. Many of the rest of you do similarly. Kaedras spends much of his time in meditation. Ghast mellows and hangs out. The psi-slayer finds that he could get used to the relative creature comforts of the Dime Store Magic- a point of view likely to horrify some of the others but please at least Icky. One week and one funky temporal anomaly later, and master Metri has reappeared in the cargo bay courtesy of Sarge. After Kaedras verifies Metri’s identity, the Yhabbayar receives the warmest of welcomes back to the crew, and is quickly brought up to speed on the resolution of the team’s confrontation with Haad as well as subsequent events- he has been gone for nearly three weeks. Meanwhile, Starchief immediately interrogates Datephus.
    Starchief wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:52 pm"Datephus, damage report. Where are we? Tell me what's going on!"
    ”REPORT, CAPTAIN DESIGNATE: STARCHIEF. SHIP ENCOUNTERED A TEMPORAL ANOMALY ORIGINATING FROM THE CARGO BAY. EFFECTED SHIPWIDE TEMPORAL DISTORTION FOR A PERIOD OF 5.36 SECONDS SHIP-TIME AND 3.87 DAYS STANDARD GALACTIC TIIME. DURING THIS PERIOD OUR FORWARD VELOCITY CONTINUED IN THE FRAME OF REFERENCE OF THE THREE GALAXIES BUT OUTSIDE OF OUR PERCEPTION OF TIME. ANOMALY ALSO GENERATED QUANTUM ANTI-GRAVITY THAT INTERFERED WITH SHIPS’ SYSTEMS FOR A PERIOD OF 8.12 SECONDS. NO PERMANENT DAMAGE IS DETECTED. ALL SHIP’S SYSTEMS ARE OPERATING WITHIN STANDARD PARAMETERS. TEMPORAL ANOMALY UNDETECTED. WE APPEAR TO BE OUT OF DANGER, ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT WE HAVE ARRIVED AT OUR DESTINATIOON.”


    In the aftermath of the anomaly, Draggor maintains their post on the bridge and announces that they’ve arrived at a planet. Juan will be able to identify it as Yaya- your destination. The godling will contact the main settlement of his worshippers and inform them that He is landing, then give the system coordinates of a settlement in one of the smaller mountain ranges on the planet. As you transit, Metri offers a theory as to the strange lurduuks- namely that the infamous mystic generator is involved somehow. Sure enough if Juan, Icky, or any of you who can sense magic examine the generator closely you will see slash sense a faint resonance with more than a few visual similarities to the lurduuks (and less so to Juan). You conclude that keeping the damn beasties far away from the thing is the right thing to do.

    Your transit down to the surface of Yaya takes about 20 minutes- courtesy of the massive mountain ranges that make up the bulk of the planet’s surface. It is at first glance a harsh, desolate, and rocky place, and it is only once you are well into the atmosphere that the sporadic water sources that host virtually all life on the planet become apparent. It is only once you are close to landing that you can see the settlements themselves- if you didn’t know better, you’d say this is a pre-FTL planet. And a primitive one at that. Anyone who wishes to has time to read a basic dossier on the system and society, available in the computer’s database.

    Datephus seems almost… offended? At Juan’s choice of landing site, but you get down safely enough and from there Juan is leading the way. Gods help you all. In the distance, there is a pair of towers. Around you, Juan’s entourage of a few dozen people look on in hushed awe- about half at you, half at the ship.

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 567
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [39] = 39 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [55] = 55

    "I hate time warps." Andra says to no one in particular. Perusing the dossier, he learns quite a bit about Juan that he didn't know before. Hmm... did he win those clubs in combat? That's a lot of execution... He hits the comms at the bridge to talk to everyone. "We're approaching our destination everyone. Please make your preparations for an away mission. Icky, how are the Duuks? Don't want them tearing the ship up while we're out and about."

    He gets up from his Captain's chair and heads to Juan Echo's room. "Alright, Echo, we're here. You all healed up from last week? We're gonna need you in tip-top shape to guide us through everything we're heading into."


    Suited up and ready to roll, Starchief takes care of one last thing. Before he leaves he says "Datephus, queue up musical selection 73. Route through external speakers at 95 decibels. Flashing external lights to the beat. Queue: 'only Juan Echo'." (Computer Operation: 1d100: [38] = 38 /105% - PASS) Exiting the ship, Starchief takes a look around at the mountain ranges that spread across his vision. What a beautiful planet. The gawking crowd gets his attention and he attempts to make a good impression. Through his Ring of Tongues he speaks in a language they can understand. "Greetings citizens! I am Starchief, Captain of the Dime Store Magic and we have arrived with one of your gods, the one, the only, Juan Echo!" (Impress: 1d100: [31] = 31 45% - PASS) Starchief listens as

    🎼QUEUE THE MUSIC!🎶
    Juan
    Who's the red private dick
    That's a sex machine to all the urqos?
    (Juan!)
    You're damn right
    Who is the godling
    That would risk his neck for his brother godling?
    (Juan!)
    Can ya dig it?
    Who's the cat that won't cop out
    When there's danger all about
    (Juan!)
    Right on
    You see this cat Juan is a bad mother
    (Shut your mouth)
    But I'm talkin' about Juan
    (Then we can dig it)
    He's a complicated godling
    But no one understands him but his sister
    (Juan Echo)
    begins playing for the locals through the DSM's external speakers.
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Metri
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 319
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Part Deux: Duuk Hunt!

    Post by Metri »

    -----------------------------------
    Perception: d%: [62] = 62 | 39%
    JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 | d%: [46] = 46 %
    -----------------------------------
    Character Sheet
    • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 800ft (no-magic). 1800ft (if magic used).
      • Base (detect & ID creature): d%: [68] = 68 | 84%.
      • Track by psychic scent: d%: [27] = 27 | 90%.
    • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100: [42] = 42 | 94%.
    • Sense Life. 300ft.
    PPE: 159/159
    ISP: 260/260
    Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
    MDC: 72/72
    MTB1_PPE: 180/180
    MTB2_PPE: 180/180
    MTB3_PPE: 180/180
    Saving Throw Bonuses
    +1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
    Coma/Death: +4%
    Magic (varies): +1
    Lethal Poison (14+): +1
    Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
    Insanity (12+): +1
    Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
    +7 vs Possession
    +2 vs Despair
    +2 vs Horror Factor
    +2 vs Illusions
    +1 vs Poison and Disease
    Conditions

      With some forewarning about their destination, the planet Yaya, Metri also partakes of the information stored in the computer database. Once finished, he hops off the seat and pads his way toward Juan Echo, his mind brimming with questions.

      I like the war-like. But what a strange culture! But that is precisely what culture is, isn't it? A set of traditions that have been passed through the test of time. If they still exist now and they have been abiding by it for some time, it must work for their people's hierarchy. Metri feels the mild grunt of a response from Skorl as the Yhabbayar is reminded of how his Norse companion prefers not to be confronted with logic challenges. He wonders if Skorl will remain silent until they inevitably re-engage in battle.

      Upon finding Juan Echo:
      "Filled with questions I am. Read the Yayamama dossier, I have." If granted the affirmative by Juan to ask, the Yhabbayar will inquire, "Understand I do, active the Yayamama pantheon is in the lives of Urqos. Labor and worship, the Urqos provide. Technology, protection, the Yayamama provide in exchange, hmm? From... other Yayamama?" Metri tries to ask his question in a non-accusatory manner, but given the sheer number of Yayamama within the pantheon, and the twin births/matching that occurs, the Yhabbayar is confused by a societal structure that seems complex and potentially designed for generation of conflict. Perhaps there is a history of conflict from beyond their planets too. And that without the presence of a guardian god-like race, the population would have faced extinction.

      Philosophy. d%: [37] = 37 | 90%, Anthropology. d%: [81] = 81 | 80% <== Reflect how the societal structure of Yayamama culture affects those involved.

      "With return of Juan Echo, a gift of technology you bring to your faithful Urqos, hmm?" Metri looks about eagerly, wondering what modern convenience will be granted to Juan's people. And how it will benefit them.

      When they land, Metri gathers his things and follows the entourage in the background. He tries to keep his eyes outward, assessing the new world around them, the people and when possible (without intrusion), reaching out to assess the nature of those they meet ((Sense Life. defender or destroyer of life.)).

      The arid and mountainous land must be difficult to cultivate and live off. There does not appear to be an abundance of above-ground water. I wonder if this leads to scarcity. Scrappy hardened folk... my kind of people! Skorl chimes in with enthusiasm. Glad that his runic companion was not deterred by the earlier line of questioning, Metri can't but respond gently. Perhaps. Let's see.
      Starchief wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:22 pmExiting the ship, Starchief takes a look around at the mountain ranges that spread across his vision. What a beautiful planet. The gawking crowd gets his attention and he attempts to make a good impression. Through his Ring of Tongues he speaks in a language they can understand. "Greetings citizens! I am Starchief, Captain of the Dime Store Magic and we have arrived with one of your gods, the one, the only, Juan Echo!" (Impress: 1d100: [31] = 31 45% - PASS) Starchief listens as

      🎼QUEUE THE MUSIC!🎶
      Juan
      Who's the red private dick
      That's a sex machine to all the urqos?
      (Juan!)
      You're damn right
      Who is the godling
      That would risk his neck for his brother godling?
      (Juan!)
      Can ya dig it?
      Who's the cat that won't cop out
      When there's danger all about
      (Juan!)
      Right on
      You see this cat Juan is a bad mother
      (Shut your mouth)
      But I'm talkin' about Juan
      (Then we can dig it)
      He's a complicated godling
      But no one understands him but his sister
      (Juan Echo)
      begins playing for the locals through the DSM's external speakers.
      One of Metri's brow lilts upward at the scene of their captain's bombastic introduction of Juan.

      Leaning toward Icky, he asks, "A new... revitalized Meatball this is, hmm? Away too long, I have. Changed much has."
      Locked

      Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”